Speaker 1: This is Dan Kaplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Kaplas Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Dan Caplas Show with Well Kundy Sheriff Steve Raims sitting in in as the guest host. I'm going to get my mouth working here in just a second, but this is day three of three and my Friday and probably many of your Fridays as well as we get ready for this fourth of July holiday. So Happy Independence Day to all of you as you roll into the holiday weekend. This is my favorite holiday of the year by leaps and bounds, because we get to blow stuff up and celebrate America. What more could you want. Earlier in the week, we had some breaking news. I think it was Monday that Representative Ryan Armagos announced that he would be stepping away from the state Legislature from the HD sixty four seat and he was going to be pursuing greener pastures and his words to accept a job down in Arizona. That sparked a little bit of interest in people wanting to run for his seat. And yesterday we had a candidate honor, a person who identified themselves as a potential candidate for that seat. And today we're going to have yet one more. And again, as I said yesterday, it doesn't matter where you're at in the state of Colorado, every legislative seat down at the Golden Dome is important, and you want to retain every one of those that you can as a Republican seat because they all matter. At this point, HD sixty four is a pretty safe seat in Republican territory unless you get the wrong person in there, and then that can think cause things to go haywire. So with us on the line is a young man named Scott Slaw. He is going to be jumping into that race and throwing his hat in the ring. And Scott, are you on with us? Good to have you, Scott. I know that you've shown some interest. I saw your announcement on Facebook that you're going to be throwing your hat in the ring for EAHD. Tell the listeners why you're interested in a little bit about your background.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks, Steve, appreciate the opportunity to talk and appreciate being able to talk to some other folks earlier today. Steve, I'm a fifth generation in Colorado. I've lived in House District sixty four my entire life. Bind us some army service that's taken me away as an Army Reserve officer, you know, some church service where I've been away a little bit, and some college. Other than that, this has always been home.
Speaker 4: And anybody who.
Speaker 3: Knows knows that loyalty is a huge thing for me, and I just I care so much about House District sixty four and said, if you saw my announcement, I said, it's not just my house district. This is my home district.
Speaker 5: And as an.
Speaker 3: Army officer who's got a lot of specialties that are in the protection realm, you know, I want to protect the liberties and the rights and that people of this district from a lot of crazy things that have been going on, and want to make sure that anything that we are looking at happening in Colorado is going to be the right thing for the people and for the citizens, and especially for this district. For me as a representative of the district. Soldiers and thanks I've let in the past, would confirm with you, confirm to you that I would stand toe to toe with anybody, including general officers. At times that's happened that I've backed them up and said, hey sir, hey ma'am, this is not right.
Speaker 5: We need to do this.
Speaker 3: And I would do the same for anybody as a representative here in Colorado.
Speaker 4: And I think we need that.
Speaker 3: There's so much fight that we need, you know, but statesman like fight down and down at the Capitol. But I have been looking forward to doing that when Ryan was moved out of office. I expected that to be in two thousand twenty eight, and had been talking to folks about that for a few years since I was ryan district chair when he was running at first.
Speaker 2: And so you've been eyeing the seat for a little while. I mean you had a plan to run for this seat, is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: You know, if you looked at my Strategic Excel spread seat Plan of life, it would you would see it on there in the twenty twenty eight. So it's absolutely been on the mind for over three years now. But in twenty twenty, this is what.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: And you know, Mike Tyson said, everybody's got a plan until they get punched. In the mouth, and I didn't it punched in the mouth, But hey, plans are, plans are, and sometimes they change and you have to adapt.
Speaker 2: Well, So you mentioned that you did for it. Yeah, you mentioned that you and Ryan Armagust Representative Armagust have a friendship, that you've known each other for a while. Is that leading to an endorsement from mister arma Gust or have you guys had that discussion yet?
Speaker 3: You know, I talked Ryan on Monday afternoon when I was when I was driving back from Colorado Springs, and Ryan's I don't think Ryan is ready to endorse anybody right now. That was that's bored for word what he said. He knows, you knows myself, he knows Colin and yet on yesterday, you know, and I don't have any ill will towards anybody. We're all we're all trying to do the same thing, and we're all working hard to make sure that we're accomplishing the same ends meet And so I don't right now. Ryan hasn't said he was going to endorse.
Speaker 4: I hope for that to change.
Speaker 3: I know Ryan knows that I've been looking at it for a long time and I have a lot of the same opinions. We're both apparently am living in Johnstown, though I'm building a house.
Speaker 4: In Berthed, so you know, we're both birth at Heights at.
Speaker 3: Some point in time. And I'd love to have Ryan's endorsement, Okay, I think that would mean a lot.
Speaker 2: So you spoke a little bit about your military background, and I think you're still currently in the military. What what makes you different from any opponent that you might enter and why should voters lean into you versus the the person we had on yesterday or anybody else that might jump down. What distances you from all those others esteem?
Speaker 3: I think if you're asking about the military side of it a little bit, and then what differentiates me that experience that I've had and even started before that as a as a youth and as a boy scout and learning about leadership there and then being able to follow on and serve in the military as an officer and as a leader. I believe in leadership. I taught leadership classes that u NC, you know, a decade and a half ago. I was a teacher there, and I believe in leadership. It's an important thing. And I've got a lot of experience in that, and you.
Speaker 4: Know, don't we don't go to war at the Capitol.
Speaker 3: We're not at the House. DISC sixty four is not going to war with anybody. So, you know, my my strategist background and war plans background from working at the Pentagon, it's not going to really do a lot for me other than we do go to more metaphorically down there. There's a lot to try to protect people from down there. Think there's things that pass every year. It seems like recently that.
Speaker 5: I wish we just.
Speaker 3: Had more more people not supporting you know, all the Second Amendment stuff that's changed this year. The first time I got really interested in running and then I wasn't able to was in twenty thirteen. I was going to run in twenty fourteen, but I was deployed. I was in East Africa, and another fine guy jumped in, and yeah, another fine guy jumped up and did it and supported him and he did great, ran a great campaign. Didn't win, but you know, it was a good candidate too. But I think I've got the leadership and the ability to work with other people and to see the big picture of what needs happened, and to be able to communicate why the big picture matters, even people who may not necessarily see it the same way that I do.
Speaker 2: Sure so, Scott, I will kind of end with this. But has has it been cleared up yet as to how that appointment is to be made? I know there was a little bit of uncertainty because the vacancy committee hadn't really been established. It's not going to go back to a vote of the people. We know that, But what does that vacancy naming process look like or vacancy filling process look like?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure so Scott James is the House Social fifty four Central Committee chair, and he will have to establish the Vacancy Committee. And the Vacancy Committee will be made up comprised of all the precent committee people and other representatives from the district, including the officers of the district and such. And they will have an assembly and they will vote. It'll be it's a secret ballot, the bilaws say it's a secret ballot vote, and it will vote until they have, you know, a simple majority winner. And it probably won't take more than one vote.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I mean, sure would be impressive for it to be a tie more once or more than once, but that's that's the basics of how it works. And I understand how you know that vacancy committee's not performed and ready necessarily to jump and out of a meeting right now? Did that exact same job that Scott had three or so years ago, And you know, we would have never expected that we were going to have a vacancy. We were always prepared to move on it and create a vacancy committee, but we didn't have it on the shelf ready to go at the moment. Yeah, and so I'm sure that Scott will have it handled soon well.
Speaker 2: And in fairness, Representative Armagost has not as not planned to step down until September one, so there's a little bit of planning time to make all that happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, they have some time.
Speaker 2: Scott. I appreciate you coming on and kind of giving the listeners a little bit of your candidacy, and we'll wish you the best. It sounds like there's going to be a little bit of a arm wrestle and may the best person.
Speaker 3: Win, absolutely, and then maybe we all support whoever it is and try to make the right things happen down there.
Speaker 2: Thanks for all you do too, you bet, Thanks, Thanks Scott. Have a good evening.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 2: So, as we talked about yesterday the day before, you know, each one of these House House districts, Senate races, and whatever it may be down at the Golden Dome, they are vitally important to the state of Colorado, especially in light of some of the extremely bad legislation that's getting pumped out of that place, and any any Republican pushback that you can get right now to deal with that majority or super majority that exists down at the state Capitol. Like I said many times before, it's it's absolutely necessary because we can't let the Democrats run unfettered. It's it's just important that we get a good person in there. And you know, in my opinion, the last couple of days, we've had two good candidates step forward, and excellence breeds excellence, and a little bit of competition breeds excellence. And we'll see what happens with these two. So if you want to call in and make comments or syntex about the HD sixty four race, you're welcome to do so. You can text Dan at five seven, seven, three nine or call in at three O three seven one three eight two five five, And again you can call in about whatever you want. Alex has already sent us a couple of text messages and we'll get to those here in just a little bit. We'll go to break first. When we come back, we'll set up the second half of the show and kind of switch gears a little bit. And I really want to get you guys engaged, because we're going to have a very special guest on, a lady named Laura Carno, who many of you know from the group Faster Colorado. She helps to train folks in weapons training for protecting our school kids out there and making sure the teachers who are allowed to be armed in certain school districts can do just that. They can carry armed and protect their students on a day to day basis. But we'll get to her in the second half of the show, or the second half of this segment, and we'll do that right after this break. So you're listening to Dan Kapli Show here with well kind of Sheriff Steve Riims as your guest host.
Speaker 6: Now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Well Kenny Sheriff Steve Reims setting in in the passenger seat or the driver's seat, whatever you want to call it driving the Dan Caples show down the highway here, but just a pleasure to sit in and take over the show for these three days. Anytime you get a chance to cover for Dan, it's always a little fun and it's a change of pace for me. Gave me an opportunity to ride my motorcycle down to the studio today, which it's a little hot out there, especially when you're only doing about three miles an hour on the highway, but you know it's still out in the wind, and it's better than sitting in a car. So good time coming down. Going to a couple of text here, one from Alexa, and I've kind of scratched my head on this one all day today, it says Sheriff frames any thoughts on the Diddy verdicts seems to be a little bit of a conflict between guilty on transportation for prostitution but not guilty on sex trafficking. Kind of wants my perspective on the Diddy outcome. And it seems so weird to even be talking about this on radio, because what a disgusting, what a disgusting display we've seen from mister Combs. But the best way I can explain it to Alexa or anyone who cares to cares to listen to the issues with the Sean Combs trial. From what I can tell, what I can gather from the jury's perspective is it seems as if they believe that the people who were willingly there were there either because they were being paid to be there, or they were just being paid, or they were just there because they enjoyed the party. So the trafficking charge would have required people basically to have been brought there, brought there against their will. And I know there was some arguments made. There may have been some testimony that, you know, people didn't feel as if they were free to go, But the evidence seemed to explain that mister Diddy's, mister Combs's girlfriend could have left many times over if she had chosen to, but she kept coming back. And I think that's what kind of caused the cause the jury to not really have a lot of sympathy for the trafficking charge. But then there was there was obvious evidence of prostitution, people being paid to come in and have sex. So that's the difference. Still very significant charges, and it's my understanding he can still faced quite a few years in prison. I don't think he will, but that's to be decided at a later date. I would be surprised if he gets much more than credit for time served. And you know, money buys a lot of influence, and I'm sure mister Combs has spent a lot of money on his defense. So we'll see how it plays out. But from what I heard on the news today that that sentencing won't happen till the fall, and he's going to sit and jail the entire time, which means every bit of time that he's set there he'll basically get credit for. And that's that. From there, I think I want to skip over here to Tim down in Trinidad. He's been waiting for just a little bit. He wants to make some comments on Colorado. Tim, how you doing. I'm great. It sounds like you're fired up at little bit. What do you got for us?
Speaker 5: Well, no, no, you know, I was listening. As soon as I got in the car. I always turned on Dan and I know he has some liberal listeners, you know.
Speaker 2: Because they called in.
Speaker 5: And they disagree with them on things. But right as I got in the car, you were talking to the gentleman who's reading.
Speaker 3: For HDC that's being vacated.
Speaker 5: And you were talking about the supermajority under the Golden Dome, and that is one question that I have yet have any Democrat, whether it's moderate Democrat, part of the Democrat. We do have a supermajority, the Democrats do in the state of Colorado. Sure, so if their policies in leadership is so great, then why are we in the mess that we're in in this state.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great question. I mean it's a rhetorical question on these airwaves, but yeah, yeah, I asked myself that every day, and as a person who works in the law enforcement circle, I can tell you that what they've done has not made our state any better. I mean it's it's made it drastically worse. I mean, we're the second worst state in the nation for crime and you live in an area that neighbors the first worst state in the nation for crimes.
Speaker 5: Yes, exactly, thank you. And that's like he ties in And I wanted to listen to you yesterday and you were talking about the death penalty and now it was taken off the table in the Idaho uh the state murder case. Yes, and we did the same thing in this state. Nathan Dunlap, who was the Chuckie teeth killer, was sentenced to death by a jury and kick and Looper took that off the table.
Speaker 2: Hicken Looper wouldn't sign the death warrant. He didn't have the courage to sign the death warrant. Yeah, right, basically gave a part.
Speaker 5: Yeah he did. And I went into Nathan then Stern Creational Center, Stern Creational Facility. We went up there to assist in a shakedown. And the man has zero remorse. I mean, he's arried right, right, and.
Speaker 3: And that's that's what we create.
Speaker 5: And that in my opinion, you know, it's just my opinion that if you brought back the death penalty, and me just my opinion, I would make it public.
Speaker 2: Well certain, as a kid who grew up in Texas, you know, I never witnessed, you know, a death sentence, obviously, but I can remember as a kid, and I don't remember what night of the week, I want to say, Friday nights. But they would towards the end of the programming, you know, when TV wasn't twenty four hours a day, they would actually scroll the names of the people who were going to be put to death. And you know that may not seem like much, but it was just a name and what their charge was. From what I can remember, I was pretty young, but that's pretty impactful. And I can't help but think that, you know, if that was happening today, Mike changed a few people's minds.
Speaker 5: I think. So I go back to Anti in a long tournament.
Speaker 2: I don't say we're coming up on a hard break, but hey, I appreciate you calling in. I couldn't agree with your comments more. The dims are wrecking our state and we got to bring it back. After this break, we'll have Laura Carno with us. You're listening to The Dan Caplis Show with Steve Raims. Well, Kenny Sheriff is your guest host.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Dan capless Show with Well can you Shriff? Steve Riems as a guest host today, And this is day three of three and just coming off of vacation and going back to work and then coming down here and doing the radio show. I can tell you I am ready for a weekend, and it couldn't be a better one than the Independence Day weekend, fourth of July. Call it whatever you want, but the chance to go out and launch fireworks and have a cold beer and enjoy the weekend. I think that's what better way to celebrate America. But I have a special guest with us for this next little, next little time. Many of you may know Laura Carno. She's with Faster Colorado and Laura is known for helping to create a system for getting teachers weapons training in those schools that are smart enough to say we want to arm our teachers and let them fight back against anyone who may want to do harm to our kids. And on the line with us is Laura Carno. Laura, how are you doing?
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm great, Sure, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: You bet it's always a pleasure, you know. For the listeners that don't know exactly what your school is all about, or what your program is all about, can you give them kind of a quick rundown about Faster Colorado and kind of the what was the driving force behind that?
Speaker 4: Sure thing? So it has been legal in Colorado for about twenty years for schools to make a decision to have armed staff programs and rural schools were obviously the early adopters, and so there have been schools out there that are armed. What we do at Faster Colorado is they have these schools have training requirements, which is good, and we help to provide that training. So their insurance company says, you've got to do all this training every year. You've got to get qualified on a firearm, just like law enforcement does. And so we with our law enforcement instructors, provide that training that meets the needs of their insurance company. And we've been doing this savor in our ninth training already.
Speaker 2: That's amazing and believe that.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, we've seen over four hundred people so far in forty two of Colorado's school districts. So it's a pretty big program, much bigger than those folks.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, I agree, And without naming schools, I will say there are several schools in Weld County that adhere to the Faster program and arm their staff. And I'm grateful that they do so because especially in a rural area, you know, the old adage of law enforcement is only minutes away when seconds count, So having someone who can who can respond in a very quick way is obviously important, you know, one of the one of the things that's always said about, well, if you armed teachers, you know you're going to put a gun in the school and the students can take it away. Uh, what's your what's your response to those kind of comments?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, that's we've a frequently asked questions uh tab on our page faster Colorado dot org. That's one of the things we have there because we do get asked that question a lot. And the good news is is that hasn't happened ever in the history of armed staff programs across the country. But we also train around that because yes, it is a very real fear for a lot of people. But you know, the schools that are armed are concealed carry. So typically in a typical armed school, the public doesn't know who which of the individuals in the school are carrying, and they are deep concealment, so we shouldn't know, just like any other concealed carry person outside of a school, we shouldn't know. But we do report weapons retention training and those kind of things as well.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I think that actually adds an element of safety to the schools. One, yes, they're concealed carrying, but two not knowing for the public to not know exactly who's carrying and who's not, it's just one more layer that they got to try to overcome if someone does want to do harm to the school. I mean, it's just smart in my opinion. One of the things I wanted to talk with you about was a house built twenty four DASH eleven seventy four was passed in the twenty four legislative session and went into effect on July one of this year, and some of the provisions of that definitely impact people who are concealed weapons carriers. It requires you to take a refresher course if you're already a licensed carrier, six months before you're ex diation date, so that you can go in and renew your permit. And if you're a first time applicant, you have to take a two day course now and in total of twelve hours, and you have to take that course within one year of applying to get your concealed weapons permit. Do you see that as a as a hurdle for these kind of programs? Does it benefit these kind of programs anyway? And I know that's a compound question, but one more tenant to that do you think this does anything to stop our lower crime in Colorado when it pertains to weapons crime.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So let's start with schools. So I mentioned that we've had, you know, four hundred or so folks come through over the last nine years, and the three hundred of them are rural people. So I've really gotten to know a lot of rural people all around this state of Colorado. And what I have learned is everything's harder when.
Speaker 5: You're a rural right.
Speaker 2: You mentioned you.
Speaker 4: Know, the response times for long or smar longer. This makes it harder for rural people. And here's why these classes may not be available around them. We've we've worked with rural schools that don't have any any instructors in nearby for them to get there and so carry permit at all, much less these these multiple day situations which would cause them to go closer to the metro area. Might they have to stay over It's just making it more expensive and more difficult. The other thing that happens in rural areas, as you know, a lot of people who work in schools have other jobs in the summer. They might sell real estate, they might might do other things for an additional job. They can't just take a bunch of time off to go do these things and have multiple days and leave their community to do so. So it's just making it more difficult, which my sense is that's the point. But it doesn't make it easier. It is a hurdle. And then your third question, does it make anybody safer? What we hear a lot from legislators who pass and vote for laws like this is we want everybody to feel safer. Well, you and I both know that feeling safer is very different than being being safer.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, and.
Speaker 4: These laws do nothing to make anybody safer. And you know, if armed staff in schools were a problem, there are thousands of them nationwide quietly carrying in school. We would know if they were a problem. They are not a problem.
Speaker 2: I couldn't agree with you more. And every time I hear this stuff, you know, the emphasis from these legislators is that basically, well you know these crazy can stilled carry permit holders. You know, they're the ones that are out there using their gun and brandishing their gun and committing all the crime. And there's just not data to back that up. But they make comments or they infer comments and pass laws like this to make it sound like, you know, the law abiding citizen who wants to carry a weapon for their own protection is the problem, and that can be further from the.
Speaker 4: Truth, right, And if folks aren't familiar with crimeresearch dot org, which is the website of the Crime and Prevention Research Center, they've got so much research. When you say the data doesn't back it up, they do all of that research. And one of the pieces that a lot of people point to, including me, is that can still carry permit holders are the most law abiding segment of society, even more law abiding than law enforcement as a population, and so we should feel good about our neighbor being a constilled carry holder instead of being fearful about that. It makes everybody safer, and they are extremely law abiding.
Speaker 2: You're hitting every point I wanted to make you know. In Weld County when I took over, we had about eleven thousand concealed permit holders in the county. We're up almost twenty eight thousand now. But one of the things that we saw right before the effective date of this house built twenty four eleven seventy four going in was on Monday, which was the last day of June one hundred and eighty people coming through the building to try to renew or get their permit to beat the deadline. We normally deal with about twenty five to forty people. As of the new law going into place, because there's so many hurdles to jump through, we're getting like one or two a day, and I suspect that's going to be the way it is across the state for quite some time. That can't be good for making Colorado safer. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And Steve, we have some instructors outside of Faster who help get people ready to come to faster. Our Level one class is not a beginner class, and a number of them have said, we're not doing consiled carry permits anymore. We want to help the faster students, but we're not doing consil carry permits anymore because there's just too much to do and I'm not set up for that right So, so it is, it is reducing the number of people that are doing that. Certainly they are going to so be folks doing that, But those those Faster Essentials instructors, you are kind of split on those who are going to continue to do it and those who aren't, and that just it's basically the legislature making it harder for a business to do business. And again I think that was by design, but it's not fair to law abiding people. It's not fair to people in the higher crime areas of Colorado who need to be able to have those choices to protect their family with a firearm if that's what they choose.
Speaker 2: One hundred Well, let's end with this. Laura. I know your program has plenty of followers and there's plenty of people to have interest, But if people want to learn more about Faster Colorado, where do they go and how can they How can they get more information?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they can go to Faster Colorado dot org. And we are a five oh one C three So if folks would like to help us out with what we do, we'd be happy to talk to anyone who wants to support the mission. And if you're a school that's looking at this, check us out. All of our information is there in the classes and our team and reach out to us. We were happy to help schools through the process.
Speaker 2: And as a testimony, I will say that Laura's done her program at one of my shooting facilities and hopefully we'll be doing it at our new shooting facility soon, and we're going to do everything we can in Weld County to make sure your program and the teachers who want to get engaged with it are successful. So thanks for coming on the show, Thanks for what you do, and hopefully the listeners out there will lean in and try to make sure that their school districts are also using your program.
Speaker 4: Yes, definitely, thanks for having me on shore.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it. Thanks Laura. With that, we'll cut the brake, and when we come back, we'll clean up this first hour. And I got to ask Ryan a few questions about his last guest because I'm pretty sure he had the President on. I mean just caught the end of it, but I saw these black limos outside and black blacked out cars. I didn't see the President leaving, but maybe he was even here in studio. I don't know. Let's go to break and when we come back, we'll get Ryan on and pinning down about how you got the President Online. You listen to the Dan Caplea Show here on six point thirty k high with Steve Raams as your guest host.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast back with.
Speaker 2: The Dan Capless Show with the Wild Kenny Share Steve Raams as your guest, and that was President Trump, also known.
Speaker 6: As Sean Ferrett.
Speaker 2: So I got to tell you, Ryan, I don't know exactly how you found that guy or how you got him on your show, but he is He's just so good. He just plays off of whatever questions you ask. And I mean, he's just he's amazing.
Speaker 7: I especially when I'm running my own board and Kelly's in here, I have to cut my mic or she's laughing in the background.
Speaker 8: Or I'm laughing in the background because.
Speaker 6: I got to play that like Dan Aykroyd's straight band character.
Speaker 8: I can't do it. No, it's it's impossible.
Speaker 7: But that exchange, right there was one of his finest and Sean the reason I found out about him, and I tell this story often.
Speaker 6: He was on in mar A.
Speaker 7: Lago with Buck and Buck Sexton did what I did and presented him like it was the President and didn't give it away to the audience, at least not till the end.
Speaker 8: I was doing some housework listening in on the show.
Speaker 7: It was two three, four minutes in and Shawn's just riffing doing his thing.
Speaker 8: I'm like, man, I'm like, maybe it's not, but it sounds like it is.
Speaker 7: And he's from Long Island, Shawn is he's got it down, just like President Trump is from Long Island. He's got the accent, the affect, the phrase is everything. He's actually auditioned for Saturday Night Live before, but there was a political problem there from him. He maybe didn't want to join the cast, and I think he had been introduced to Lauren Michaels. But as you can hear, he's a tremendous talent, very entertaining and that was awesome.
Speaker 2: He's one hundred percent better than any of the people they have doing impersonations on there with Yeah, he's I don't know what he looks like. I'm gonna have to google it and find out, but I'll send.
Speaker 8: You his link for his execution.
Speaker 2: He is. He's just amazing that every time you have him on, I have to pause and take a second and second listen. Is that actually him?
Speaker 9: Well, the first time he was ever on, I had scheduled it so Ryan and he can both do their Trump impressions because Ryan I don't handle the Trump impression, so and The first thing he said is you don't want to quit your day job.
Speaker 6: He says that every time he's with me.
Speaker 2: Now I heard.
Speaker 7: Real quick too. He was on with me while I was feeling over on KOA and that caused quite I remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were they thought that was the real deal too.
Speaker 8: It's like War of the World type stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh, Man, I don't know. Every time I listened to him, I'm like, now that I know he's a regular guest on your show, you know, I kind of got it now. But the first time about crashed my car, I mean, I thought I did good to get Homan on the show, But man, you get the president.
Speaker 8: Like, well, you actually got Tom Holman.
Speaker 2: That's true. Yeah, I got the real guy. But Man's it's just always fun to listen to. So that'll close out the first hour. At the top of the second hour, we're gonna have a governor's candidate, Bryson Garrison, who's a brighton fire chief, so we believe he should be able to bring the fire in his interview. We'll get to him right at the top of the hour. But you're listening to Dan Caples show here with the Wellcounty Sheriff Steve Rams as your guest host,