Speaker 1: Channel Line says the following about the weather. It's going to be mostly cloudy day to day, possible chance of rain this afternoon today's high fifty nine. They say the rain will really kick in around eight or nine pm this evening overnight little at forty nine. Rain will hang around Tomorrow pretty much all day with the highest sixty and it may turn to some snowshowers.
Speaker 2: Over Wednesday night with a little thirty four.
Speaker 1: Thursday is going to be a high of forty two with mostly cloudy skies forty six.
Speaker 2: Degrees right now.
Speaker 1: Find for an updown on traffic chuck Ingram.
Speaker 2: From the UCEL Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: When it comes to multiple scorrosis trusts the experts at the u SEE Gardner Neuroscience Institute for Innovative and Comprehensive Care. Learn more at u SEE health dot com. Southbound seventy five continued slow through the walk one split in the right rains blocks south seventy five with an accident at Hoppel southbound seventy one break lights continue from above two seventy five down to Red Bank northbound seventy five slow buttermilk kyles.
Speaker 2: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 1: A thirty fifty five care see the talk station. Very Happy Tuesday to you. Always extra special on Tuesday because at this time we get to talk to Daniel Davis for the Daniel Davis Deep Dive. You can find the podcast. Just search for it. You'll run into it. Retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis, Welcome back to the Morning Show, my friend. I've been looking forward to this one extra special since the breakdown on Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was there something that happened? Maybe I missed it. I years under a rock and maybe I still hurt something. You know, I just have to observe.
Speaker 1: From a political perspective, when did the Democrats become the party of war? This is kind of a strange political twist that we had.
Speaker 4: You know, you used to see, you know, all the Vietnam pachests and all the get piece of chance, and now they're the ones that first of all the last four years, that's all they wanted to do was fund war. And now then they're mad at the Republicans for not doing yet more war.
Speaker 2: So it's a bit of a head scratcher.
Speaker 1: I often wonder that, well, I maybe they're trying to hide something I had my last guest in studio. We're talking about this and Ukraine, hotbed of corruption and money laundering, and maybe there's some suggestion that I don't know, they don't want to have revealed what might be revealed, but we won't speculate on that today. Let's talk about the deteriorating situation. Donald Trump just said he's cutting off funding. There was supposed to be a mineral deal sign which would have benefited both Ukraine and the United States mutual financial benefit there. If those minerals are extracted, of course the Ukrainian people are going to have jobs and money, and we, of course, by investing in it, are going to have get some money and maybe bring some stability to the region. It at least put American interest in Ukraine, which usually serves as a mechanism to require defense of American interest if they get attacked see anywhere in the world. So all the incentive in the world to do this, and it looked like he was going to sign on to it. All the indications were that he was. But what happened, he didn't do it, and he got kind of feisty with with the bit the hand that.
Speaker 4: Feeds him, you know more than just a little puzzling. There was an outright agreement had already been reached, and that's why they all had up that set up the big tables, the signing tables, and the deal after this meeting was supposed to have taken place. It was agreed to by everybody. And I really think that National Security Advisor Mike Wallas put it best the next morning when he said, listen, we got to ask does Zelenski even want peace? Because it doesn't look like and if you go by what people do rather than just what they say, it's it seems to me crystal clear that Volodimir Zelensky did not want to sign that deal because he did not want it to move in the direction of peace. He wants to keep fighting because and I'm just I honestly believe this. I think he his brain has become deluded to the point he can no longer see reality, and he still has these delusions of thinking he can win the war if I just get a little more stuff. And so he's going to sabotage any chance for peace and then go to a very friendly Europe and say, yeah, keep giving me more stuff. And honestly, what the Europeans are doing is the equivalent, in my view of a guy who's a cokehead crack on living on the street, shooting up heroin whatever and saying, oh, you, poor guy, here's more drugs. All that's gonna do is get him killed. It's not gonna help him. That's not what he needs right now, it's not what his people need. But I think that that's where he's wanting to go, and it looks like President Trump is not willing to go there.
Speaker 1: Well, and I certainly understand that. Last time I check Daniel Davis, we're broke, you know. I mean, we keep digging ourselves in a bigger, bigger hole. We're gonna be in a death spiral here shortly with our currency. But I don't want to get into broader problems like that. But Brian, you look, I think that's a big point.
Speaker 4: I want to go on that we are already cutting hundreds of thousands of government positions because we are in this big deficit spending. That's why he's cutting all this stuff, in addition to some inefficiencies, but also we just don't have the money. Now, what sense does it make to say we're gonna cut American jobs and then get money indefinitely for somebody else to fight a war that can't be won. He's not gonna do that because he really does want to cut spending and sees where things aren't working well.
Speaker 1: Back to Zelensky's delusions. Is he not aware of the stacks and stacks of bodies of his people that are piling up and that he's running out of in order to continue to fight that war?
Speaker 2: He is delusional on that.
Speaker 4: He's either oblivious to it or he's just convinced himself. And I hate to make these analogies, but there is some consideration to Hitler in the last days. You remember that when the Red Army was rolling in towards Berlin and he just would not stop, and he kept giving orders to non existent divisions to block this and to penetrate here, and it was all just delusion and he could see well around him it wasn't true, but he kept going. And I think Zelenski's in a similar spiraling dynamic right now, and it's going to take somebody from the outside, President Trump to cut.
Speaker 1: That off well, and most notably another parallel can be drawn. I guess they're going to start recruiting twelve year olds to fight the war like the Nazis did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean there are some thought right now to drop the age down to eighteen, which has parents panicked all over the country. And I've got some reports from inside Kiev saying that there is a mass Acctidust where people are literally risking their lives to get their kids out of fearing that that is coming.
Speaker 1: Well, is this maybe in part a face saving measure because I knows LUNSI doesn't want to see any territory, which you and I both know in order to resolve this conflict that's going to have to happen.
Speaker 4: Well, it's more than that. It's not just you're going to have to see territory ended. The territory is gone past tense. The question is are you going to continue to hold out for something better and lose more land? That's what this is about. Is it here or is it going to be much further to the west. Because there's an Austrian Colonel Marcus Reisner did a piece video a week or so ago, one of the absolute best analysts in all of Europe, and he showed on a map what happens if you don't agree to this deal right here, and you forced Russia to take it by force.
Speaker 2: Then it's all the way to the Danepa River around Kiev.
Speaker 4: But then it circles back around and goes all the way to Transnistria, which means there's a tiny rump of Ukraine left.
Speaker 2: That's what will happen. It's Zelenski continues to be.
Speaker 4: Allowed to fight this war because the Russian onslaught will eventually just swamp over them.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm not overly or entirely familiar with the system of government they have there, but Zelensky's coming across as sort of like an autocrat or a dictator. It's like he has the final say on everything. Is there no political structure around him that could sort of stop him or talk some sense to him and say, listen, lad you know it's not our night. We need to get the hell out of here or we're going to have a real problem on our hands. Along the lines of what you just said, Daniel.
Speaker 2: No, there's not.
Speaker 4: Because of the martial law. They be declared when this thing started. That trumped everything else in his constitution. Now, even though they went past the election, there's no plans for another election. He has literal dictatorial powers. You saw the new Director of National Intelligence, Tulsea Gabbard, was on Fox a couple of days ago, and she pointed out, look, this is not democratic, right. You can't get rid of your political parties about the newspapers you don't like it at all, and then say you're democratic because there is no democratic actions regardless of what words anybody uses.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean he may be setting himself up for some sort of coup.
Speaker 4: Then there is there is some concerns on that, and I think they're valid, and it could come from any number of sources. It's not even just one, because eventually people, the Ukrainian people aren't going to want to just commit suicide by continuing to fight a war that they know they can't win, and people may take action into their hands.
Speaker 2: It's happened a lot in history.
Speaker 1: It certainly has. And you know, the other component of this that can't be left by the wayside is the practical reality that you and I have talked about many times over the past several months, that there are large swaths of Ukraine that are all rights, they're ethnically Russian, they align themselves with Russia and they're not unhappy about the Russian advancements into their particular regions. They're quite comfortable with it.
Speaker 4: Well, there are and you know, in along those lines, there is increasing evidence that there could be a twenty thirteen twenty fourteen style uprising on the Ukrainian side of the Line of contact about some ethnic Russian saying we're tired of all this, and then they may rise up and create new partisan warfare kind of stuff all over the France in World War two, which could you know, be the final death nail for all this. We'll see if that manifests, but there's growing evidence that there's a preparation for that.
Speaker 1: Well in the European Union seems to be willing to maybe, and I know it's a sort of a theoretical choice for them because they have to ramp up their own arms production, which they all sound like they're going to finally start doing something. Trumply pushing for them back in his first term. Listen, you guys got to learn to defend yourselves because we can no longer shoulder the burden of being your police force. So there may be some positive that comes that we can take away from this. Maybe we can withdraw some of our military presence and save some money by no longer policing Europe and defending Europe from the existential threat I guess of Russia or something.
Speaker 2: And you know, towards that end, if you look under the headlines.
Speaker 4: One of the big things from Keir Starmer when Zelenski came to visit him over the weekend was I'm you know, here's a new one point six billion dollar package for any aircraft missiles and all this LLM missiles are called. And it was great, wonderful to help you fight until you look at the details. These are things that most of that money is going to be spent in Great Britain building their jobs, et cetera. But the missiles won't even start coming off the line until twenty twenty seven to twenty thirty, so not quite in time to help their crumbling frontlines right now. So that just shows you that that's all about Great Britain. They're using all this to say, hey, we're gonna build up our own arms industries, and that's part of his two point five percent raising the GDP, et cetera. But he made it heridage, we're helping Zelensky, but it's not gonna help Youlynsky, It's gonna help Great Britain.
Speaker 1: What a crazy world we live in, Daniel Davis. Absolutely insane, and you just kind of wonder where some of the decision making are. What drives some of the decision making. Is it delusion? Is it corruption? Is it supporting the military industrial complex? I don't know all of the above, Daniel Davis. I think it is. I you know, you're right. I mean, that's the point in my life where I've just completely concluded that that is what it is. Daniel Davis for the Deep Dive. Find them online Daniel Davis Deep Dive and another another episode next Tuesday. Already looking forward to it. My friend, have a great week. Take care brother. Eight forty fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: You gathered