Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, Welcome, welcome, welcome. Time now for our community connection right here on K one. The one you dress, Tina Romane is with this. She is our promotions director here at the radio stations. And we've got a great, big event coming up on Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yes, this week, it is here. The time is upon us.
Speaker 1: I love this event. There's a good reason for it because for my long time, my fifty years in radio, some of the best times is when we go out there and actually get to interact with the people who listen to our radio stations and with the people who do business with our radio stations. And when we have our farm and home show. It gives us a great opportunity to do both. It's kind of like a you know, big o'd get together about one hundred different vendors and the whole thousands of people.
Speaker 2: Thousands of people, ye tell everybody. So we will be in the middle of Coffeeville. It's right on the main drag off of one sixty six, and I mean, if you're a local, it's eleventh Street, but if you're not, it's Highway one sixty six through town and right there on the Coffeeville Community College campus and we are at Nellis Hall and if you drive through town on the highway, you can't miss this because we're taken up outside. We're taking up both gyms. We are taking over the place.
Speaker 1: It is huge and it's going to be great. You can get some exercise and also exercise your wallet if you'd like it, you know, because we've got some great bargains. Some are advertised, some are insho only. Yes, And we've got just such a wide variety of vendors. What kind of selection do we have, I mean, where do we range?
Speaker 2: Well, we range from like healthcare to jewelry to farm implements.
Speaker 1: Wow, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: Everything in between. We have insurance, we have financial people, financial institution. We have things through your Skin and your body craft. Body Skin will be their restorations. Medical Spa is one of our big sponsors and they have all kinds of tricks and things to just make your health, your quality of life so much better and your confidence even so. May make sure you stop in and visit with them. We have American Heritage Beef Company as well as Maple Street Meat Market there from Coffeeville, and then we have the Gingham Pig from neo to chet, so if you're hungry and you want to take some good stuff home. And last year and I just ran out, So I'm glad the show is this time. Because the American Heritage Beef brought some seasonings as well. They're not just the meat market, so they brought some seasonings and they have this signature seasoning and oh my goodness, I use it all a lot of stuff, and well, as luck would have it, it's empty. Now have to get some more. I have to get some.
Speaker 1: More big farm influence too.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do. We have a few different vendors coming that have a different kind of products. Romans Outdoor Power will be there with some Koboda things and they have not just vehicles like tractors and lawn tractors and things like that, but they have the wheat trimmers and the chainsaws and pole saals and stuff like that too. Not sure what they're bringing to the show, but I do know they carry it there in their store. And they have toys they well Dicast toys.
Speaker 1: That's so cute.
Speaker 2: But Roman Chevrolet will be there there. I'm sure they're going to bring some vehicles Washington County equipment. I'm sure they will bring all kinds of different items. They have lawnmowers, and they have skid steers, and they have tractors, and they have these storage container things that are so cool. And we also have American Edge products and you know, they have similar equipment. However, they have this post hold, the vibrating post hole thing.
Speaker 1: You got to see it to really understand.
Speaker 2: How Yes, and there are some videos online. I do believe so. But Jim is so knowledgeable and he can tell you all about it. So if building fence is your deal, or you know, for any reason you have to fin say anything, yeah, he's got you and he can definitely talk you through all of that. A new one this year, Tom. That is is kind of exciting to me and my dad is really excited to go too them. The Purple Wave Auction. They are so cool, Like you can get online and you can bid on tractors and uh dump trucks and backos and all kinds of crazy things. Yeah, all kinds of fun stuff.
Speaker 1: So let's not forget bart co Op are presenting sponsor. My goodness shakes. What great partners They've been with us for the past several years.
Speaker 2: They had every year we've done it. They have been with us and we appreciate them very much. And you know they they When you think about him, you think the big trucks that you see, you know, the big propane trucks. But they have all kinds of other things too. They have stuff for your domesticated animals as well as your livestock as well as you know the.
Speaker 1: Well, well, i'll tell you what they do. It is really something else. They've got just about anything you can imagine a co op would have, plus about a couple of hundred things that would surprise you.
Speaker 2: The one thing that really surprised me, well, there's been several things that have surprised me, but when I go in there and you just never know. But they had the little for the smokers, the little wood chips that have the different flavors and stuff. They had those in there, and I thought that was just so cool. And they have bird seed. I never would have thought to buy bird seed from there, but you can, yeah, but you can, yeah, And that's where we get all of our bird seed. And my husband's really into the birds.
Speaker 1: So when they're parked right across from our broadcast position, right there in the hallway, right there, with them mnasiums, and we talk to them an awful lot, but I encourage you to go out to the show and talk to them in person because they have so many locations.
Speaker 2: And they usually have fun stuff then give away stuff too.
Speaker 1: So now we've got great door prizes.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do about the door prizes. So we have the weekend stay in Branson, including the hotels days, and then we also have those two chances to win the five hundred dollars. We'll have some other smaller ones, you know, like a different different Branson getaway deals, and we have some Eureka Springs things the Turpentine Creeks that you've talked to recently. We have some tickets for them as well, so we'll be giving away some of those things as well. And then a lot of our vendors will bring up items for us to give away to the entire show, and then a lot of our vendors will also have different drawings at their own booths. So we got lots of giveaways, We got lots of free stuff that give away. We give you the swag bag when you come in. It has little trinkets and Q ponds and there's a almanac I do believe in there from Shelter Insurance, So that's pretty cool. And you can just go around and fill up your little bag and have a great time. And you know, we've got different snacks to eat, we've got things to cook with, we've got all kinds of cash and carry little items and things like that. So it's going to be a fun day. Hopefully we have really good weather, and if not, we're still going to be there. All right, Rare Shine, here we are.
Speaker 1: This is the Interstate Farm and Home Show. We do it every year. It's our ninth year. It's going to be at Coffeeville Community College and right there at Nellis Hall, right there at the two big gymnasiums, back to back with each other in the front parking lot. What are the hours on Friday? Yep?
Speaker 2: So Friday we opened to the public at one o'clock and then we'll run till about seven. And then Saturday we are open at eight thirty and we run till four.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yep. So make sure you come by, make sure you sign up for those door prizes. If you come in on Friday, sign up. If you come back on Saturday, go ahead and sign up again.
Speaker 1: That's okay, Oh my goodness, you can do that.
Speaker 2: You can do that. We'll let you. And we have some we have some new fun things for the kids. We are bringing back the bounce house, and then I have a fun activity for the kids too, but I'm not going to tell you what it is.
Speaker 1: Do we have swag bags?
Speaker 2: We do have swag bags.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, okay, And if I go there, I start getting a little hungry. We have something to munch on.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, we do Mahi goo bieho. We'll be back again this year and they're doing the shows and Smokey Joe's Barbecue will be there this year, so we welcome them. They're new for us. And then we also have the college that we'll be doing the concession stand. The sports teams are out, they are playing games this weekend, so it should be that as they should be. But we have a five Theta Kappa that will be there to do our concession for us, so we appreciate them. And it's going to be a really fun time. And you see all your neighbors. Everybody's been cooped up, it's been cold and yucky, and now it's nice and everybody wants to get out and play and be out in the weather and have a good time.
Speaker 1: Well this ought to be great once again. That is coming up this Friday, is starting in one o'clock and then.
Speaker 2: Saturday starting at eight thirty.
Speaker 1: Okay, now we'll be doing our tech talk show up there and an you want to meet Charles and Charles right since you get with the show, be just getting done when we open the door. But they hang it round because Charles.
Speaker 2: Charles yes everything. He told me, He's like, I don't know about going to the looking around and then I told him, I was like, oh so this this booth said, I said, the nothing bunt cakes will be there and he's like, oh, well, I guess I better go over there to do that.
Speaker 1: But anyway, it's going to be fun and we're going to have Ron Hayes.
Speaker 2: I don't know that he's going to be there sometimes. Yeah, yeah, he has a calendar. He has a prior engagement, so he's not gonna make it this year on Ford. I just found that out yesterday morning. So but that's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 1: We'll be there, all of us from the radio.
Speaker 2: John Lennard will be there.
Speaker 1: We have everyone from stations in Coffeeville because just a couple of blocks away from their studios. It is indeed everybody from Bartlesfield Radio will be there too.
Speaker 2: Yep. Now, some some of the staff will kind of be intermittent, so we may not all be there at one time, but we will all be there. We will all be there throughout the entire weekend.
Speaker 1: So in MSS Tina, anything else we need to know about the Interstate Farm and Home Show coming up this Friday and Saturday at Nellos Hall.
Speaker 2: Well it doesn't cost you anything to enter, right and it will be a good time, so you should come see us.
Speaker 1: Bring the family. Yes, alrighty folks, you've been watching and listen thing to are