Speaker 1: The Johnson Wax Pro brand, with Siber McKee and Molly, the makers.
Speaker 2: Of Johnson's Wife and Johnson's Self. Pology Glocos present Marion and Jim Jordan as Bibber McKee and Bali, with Bill Thompson the King's Men and Billy Mills Orchestra, which opens with ooh what you said?
Speaker 3: Something that age some status as anything any days you.
Speaker 2: Well, as you most likely know by now, our hero and heroine made what they firmly believed to be dramatic history in Hollywood on the lux theater of the year, and here, glowing with triumph, swelled with success, eagerly looking forward to the plaudits of their friends, here speeding.
Speaker 4: Homeward as fast as modern.
Speaker 2: Streamlined transportation will carry them.
Speaker 4: Yes, here, on the.
Speaker 2: Bus approaching Wistful Vista, we find Fever McGhee and Mally.
Speaker 4: Any sandwiches left, Molly, but let me see. Yes here he just won Boy's Lucky. We're almost home. We'll go to Rot. Make it just one sandwich? You say, uh, yeah, do you want it to get Oh no, no, no you go ahead and have it?
Speaker 5: No no you have no you no you.
Speaker 4: I'll stop this. Why don't you have it? Molly?
Speaker 5: It's well, I don't know, aren't you hungry?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: I can wait?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm so can I.
Speaker 4: What kind of a sandwich is it?
Speaker 5: Molly, I'll take a look.
Speaker 4: It's ham m oh ham huh with mustard.
Speaker 5: Let's see, Yes, it's mustard.
Speaker 4: You don't like him with mustard, do you?
Speaker 5: Molley? Whatever gave you that idea? That's the only way I do like a ham sandwich.
Speaker 4: Oh well, oh shucks, go ahead and eat it then, moy uh, unless it's two sales by now. I'd hate to have you eat a stale sandwich. Personally, I don't mind stale bread. It's kind I kind of like it. In fact, I do too, you do, let's feel of it? Say that ain't so stale?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 5: I have it wrapped up pretty well in wax paper.
Speaker 4: There's nothing like wet to preserve things as there.
Speaker 5: That's what I hear. And from a very reliable start too, they say that, Oh heavenly days, Meggie, let's quit starling here eat the sandals.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, I ain't gonna you eat it, but quick waving it at makes.
Speaker 5: Well, don't shove my hand away like that.
Speaker 4: Oh look ows now shut dropped it on the floor.
Speaker 5: I'll get us, Niggie, leave it lay. It's all dirty by now.
Speaker 4: And Order just wanted to shove it under the pace so we wouldn't tramp all hord and so.
Speaker 6: The sam salmon under the steel hawk.
Speaker 7: Well, at least we don't have to argue about that anymore.
Speaker 5: No, I guess we don't know here. Let me wipe that mustard off your chin.
Speaker 4: Pilot must have flew up and hit me in the face.
Speaker 5: Oh look, we're getting close to town.
Speaker 4: McGee.
Speaker 5: How can you tell we're tired swiping more cars?
Speaker 4: Well, old town hasn't changed much since we've been away.
Speaker 5: We're going to have been gone a week. Foolish huh.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, well, it's been a wonderful experience working with all him.
Speaker 5: I oh yes, indeed, cecil be the mill.
Speaker 4: Did you hear the mill ask him my advice about directing?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I didn't. Why should he ask your advice about directing?
Speaker 2: I don't know what he did?
Speaker 4: He says, Look here, Sonny, don't you think this would be a better play if you just turned one page of the script of the time? And I says, why, yes, cessil I says, I believe it worth he said, And he says, okay, put that kaffy apple away, it'll have to rehearsal. Your pages are getting all stuck together.
Speaker 5: And I says, no, I'm never mind, now never mind. I think we're getting.
Speaker 6: Close to home.
Speaker 4: Daddy.
Speaker 5: It's time to put the dark glasses on and get out our fountain pins. Fountain pens certainly authographs you know.
Speaker 4: Oh oh yes, now I know how a genuine actor feels.
Speaker 5: Ma so do I Oh hungry, let's wet and ask the driver how much fun we have to go on?
Speaker 8: Me?
Speaker 5: Gae?
Speaker 4: Okay, come on one side, there, says, get out of the aisle. We want to get passed.
Speaker 5: You didn't say, please a vet you.
Speaker 4: Please? I said, oh, well where'd you get on?
Speaker 5: Sisend to that little guy?
Speaker 7: Oh no, I didn't mean that.
Speaker 5: Well you must have that tell me when there is a dad.
Speaker 4: Rather, I wasn't talking about how you got on. I meant where, says sometimes I think you do this just to be fuddle me. Yes, go on, I'll bet you don't even know what to be fuddled me.
Speaker 5: I bet you do a vet hi diddle, diddle, the cap'n be fuddled.
Speaker 4: That's the fiddle.
Speaker 5: Do you mean the fiddle? Fuddle the fiddle?
Speaker 4: I mean the looks this as the football player said when they funked in geometry. I think we better drop the subject. You know where we've been?
Speaker 5: M now you do?
Speaker 4: Come on now, guess now you must have seen the labels on our suitcase. Now, Sis, do you mean to stand there with your little mouthful of ticket stubs.
Speaker 8: And tell me you don't know where we've been?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Oh, then you do know.
Speaker 4: No, Look, Sis, we've been clear out in Hollywood. Well don't you believe me?
Speaker 5: Nah, there isn't any such place of rich. You just made it up.
Speaker 10: No, No, I didn't, Yes you did.
Speaker 4: Oh well, if there ain't any such place as Hollywood, where do all the moving pictures come from?
Speaker 5: See, that's Jesus, they come from that little boot in the back of the theater.
Speaker 4: Well, if you're a smart, sis, you must know what we were doing out in Hollywood.
Speaker 7: Must have been in all the papers. Now what is it that happens on Monday? On Monday?
Speaker 5: Monday?
Speaker 4: See she'll be the mill's connected with it, and it's got something to do with soap. Now you know why we went to Hollywood?
Speaker 5: Yes, you want to deliver, mister Demills washing No, well, come on, dear, you can't make an impression on anything that small.
Speaker 4: I'll bet she's cut out in the garden and her little sunbonnets, given the bees and the flowers the low down on life.
Speaker 5: See McGee. Do you want me to talk to the driver or were you?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 4: You ask him, molly. Men drivers are more used to having women talk over their shoulders.
Speaker 9: All right, oh.
Speaker 4: Driver, No lady, we don't stop again until we get to the station. And now you should have thought about it my last stop.
Speaker 8: I go back and sit down until we get in.
Speaker 4: Make it easy, bud. We just wanted to know.
Speaker 9: Has for this?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 10: I take to take the bags, and you bring the to chase and you chap.
Speaker 5: Now that rope is coming a little loose.
Speaker 4: Hey, look over there at the railroad station.
Speaker 5: What's all the excitement. There's a brass band and a lot of steel cats and banners. They must be expecting somebody on the train.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's go and see what.
Speaker 4: Hey, wait a minute, fin know who they're waiting for? Who who is it that just come back from scoring a tremendous success in Hollywood? Oh?
Speaker 5: Make year you don't win.
Speaker 4: Of course, they probably expected us to be all swelled up and come home in a private car on the streamline train.
Speaker 9: And oh, but what would we do?
Speaker 5: The streamliner isn't doing for thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: No, but look, we just got time to sneak home, clean up a little bit, whip up a couple of simple mind speeches, and get back to the station. Come on on, molly'n't a gee?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: How can we get off the train and be met by all those people when we aren't even on the train.
Speaker 4: A mere detail, missus, Mickey, A mere detail. We'll get across the fact from the railroad, John, And when the train pulls out there, we are just buy us aussage. Here, boy, take these bags.
Speaker 2: Get us attract.
Speaker 4: Are waiting for februite Malley to return. I'd like your attention for just a minute. Here's some great news from Raccenes. Listen to this letter. It reads, don't forget to tell our listeners about the new consumer dividend.
Speaker 2: We have just declared for all our loyal customers a dividend of one third more for their money when they buy Johnson's self Polishing Bloke and Johnson's.
Speaker 4: Taste All Liquid Wags.
Speaker 2: Tell every housewife that right now, on most Steelers' counters she will find extra large packages the slow coat in Johnson's Wax, containing one third more than the regular sizes.
Speaker 4: She pays only the regular price. The extra one third is her free consumer dividend. Tell her we declared this dividend and appreciation of the way she has been buying these famous pologies.
Speaker 2: This offer is good on all important sides tins, pound quartz, gallons, and so forth, but only while the supply.
Speaker 4: Of these extra large packages last.
Speaker 2: Tell her to hurry if she wants to get one third more free next time she buys Johnson's blow Coats or Johnson's Taste.
Speaker 7: All Liquid Wangs, hurry up, Molly, we ain't got much time.
Speaker 5: You find me a clean shirt, yes, I laid it on the bed dairy. Did you find yourself a bitee? Yep?
Speaker 4: I found a half a cake in the red box.
Speaker 5: Heaven me days. I baked that cake for my birthday two weeks ago. Wasn't it pretty dry?
Speaker 4: It was too dried ease, but the candles were good. If I get the wick ups, you'll know what done.
Speaker 7: Once you get up, Molly, wick.
Speaker 5: Wick ups, pick up, Hey, funny McGee.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't have explained it, should have left it for the smart one.
Speaker 5: Now, McGee, that train's due in twenty minutes.
Speaker 9: Better hurry and.
Speaker 5: Shave, shave and wash all this makeup off. Well then, mister munie, if you're going to leave that makeup on, you better touch up your eyes.
Speaker 4: What's the matter with it? I had the best makeup man in Hollywood. Apply that there, eyeshadow there.
Speaker 5: That was quite a while ago, dearie, it isn't quite even now.
Speaker 9: Huh.
Speaker 5: You're right eye looks dreamy and your left eye looks sinister.
Speaker 4: I'll tell him I was playing a dual role. I want to say, how about my speech? I suppose I got to say something to the welcoming committee. Glad you see now, Well, folks, that's kind of homing and democratic folks. I wish to thank you for this tremendous ovation on behalf of myself and my supporting cast. Molly McGee, we're good.
Speaker 5: Why do you get that supporting cast? What am I splint on a broken leg?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Well, chucks, this is just tentative, old year old dear don't.
Speaker 5: Answer it, huh.
Speaker 4: I'll peek through the curtains. Oh it's Billy Mills and uppy. Shall I let him in?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: No, no goodness, No, she's too gabby. We'd never get to the station.
Speaker 4: Why does she keep coming around here? Anyway? We don't encourage her any to her. We're just common people.
Speaker 5: Search me water to seek its own level, even if it is just a big drip.
Speaker 4: Hey, take a peek at the tender way she hangs on the mills with it, like she was a campfire girl and he was her marshmallow.
Speaker 5: Quiet, dearie, not so loud?
Speaker 9: Can little McGee's still a way? Well, let's not linger any longer.
Speaker 6: Patience, Okay, if.
Speaker 4: That's the way you feel, bottles, I just thought this disabel might give me the lend of a solid tailed suit of mine got here?
Speaker 5: Oh really, I don't think mister McGee has one lenngel. He always tucked me as being a rather than coooth person. Well you hear that, money, I like that, don't you worry, dearie, You're just as cooth as any man in sount Yes, coother in fact. And missus McGee, did you ever notice the way she dresses.
Speaker 4: Polatively dowdy, hardy daddy, Well, so you was sticking around this timely longer? Cookie, welcome back tomorrow in barral McGee's outfit.
Speaker 9: Oh you will William, Oh that's the news.
Speaker 5: Oh and may I call you William?
Speaker 4: Just call me Willie.
Speaker 5: Will then Willie. And now that we are alone, that's something I wanted to ask you for a long time.
Speaker 4: He Hey, what's this?
Speaker 7: I don't just know how to say it, but this being leave here e.
Speaker 5: Any day she's proposing to end.
Speaker 4: And seeing that you and I, well, that is that I am?
Speaker 9: You are will rather Willa.
Speaker 5: Oh, Willy, can't you see what I'm driving at?
Speaker 9: Women? Driver? Oh tell me, Willy?
Speaker 8: Is it true that you sleep?
Speaker 4: But you're must passionates nood.
Speaker 5: Will come on my soul and goodbye you mister and missus McGee.
Speaker 8: I saw you, hymy gee.
Speaker 9: They knew we were here.
Speaker 5: All the time.
Speaker 4: It's dirty eavesdroppers.
Speaker 5: Well, mcgie.
Speaker 4: We got to get a move on now, and then I got to get this speech in shape, all.
Speaker 5: Right, and then get that clean shirt on. I've got iron his slips.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: I want you to be ready when I get Let me.
Speaker 4: See again, folks, it is with a target our hearts strings that we come back to whistle.
Speaker 5: That says a chin's feeling for yayyay, sibber. You know what I did? What I left town with the electric iron turned on and this burnt up me ironing bored and blown all the fuses in the house.
Speaker 2: The dear, old dear coming in. Well, glad to see you're back. Full towels everything in Hollywood.
Speaker 5: Oh, wonderful. Take him, it's to really talk, sis.
Speaker 4: He's wonderful, great place, Hollywood. Rwo. Those people do anything to make you happy.
Speaker 7: Why I happen to say to a guy Sunday, I.
Speaker 4: Says, Look, but I says, what's so unusual about this California weather? I says, And you know what? Ten minutes later they put on an eclipse of the sun.
Speaker 2: Well, look, Molly, did you meet Clark Gable?
Speaker 5: No, but when we were down at the beach one afternoon, I did sit in one of these rowboats.
Speaker 4: I did, Molly, that's CG painted on that boat. Meant coast Guide. But if you excuse me, now, we got to get gone because I want to hurry.
Speaker 5: Well, like confidentially, there's a big crowd at the railroad station to welcome us this week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they didn't know where were coming home by a bus, and I ain't even got my speech ready. I gotta get going.
Speaker 2: Hey, wait a minute, I can help you with your speech, Fibber. I've spoken from practically every floor in town. Now, look, Fibber, all.
Speaker 4: You have to do is be straightforward sincere let them see that success hasn't changed I thought, and then say something like, folks, we know that one big broadcast is not a real test of our dramatic ability.
Speaker 9: Fine, why we've no more.
Speaker 2: Than scratched the surface? And surface scratches on floors fiure can easily be avoided by using Johnson's wag. That's the finest protection that money can buy for all wood surfaces. Good housekeepers everywhere say that Johnson's wax is the greatest.
Speaker 4: Where are you going? I want to see if I can have as much success change in my shirt as you have changed in the subject.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I try to give you a little friendly help and you walk out on me. So you've gone Hollywood.
Speaker 9: Eh.
Speaker 5: He certainly used persistence, isn't he?
Speaker 4: Deary, You can't set it sidetrack a guy with a single track mine. Where'd you say you put my shirt?
Speaker 5: Molly on the bed, deary, and why you hurry and change. I'll make a quick cup of coffee. Oh no, I can't either. There's no electricity.
Speaker 4: Dad rabit. We got more stops than a million dollar prime order. I said that line right.
Speaker 9: Come in, Oh, Johnny, oh door, what a bunny? Books?
Speaker 4: Got some Danny ones here?
Speaker 9: Here's a good one by James Doyce.
Speaker 4: Smart young sir that it's nothing but double talk.
Speaker 7: No, thank you, mister ol' timer.
Speaker 5: I don't believe we want any books today. Hey, we don't have much time for reading these days, my good.
Speaker 4: Tough petical work.
Speaker 6: You know, who do you have to?
Speaker 4: Could wear a kay bruttie and kid burlcue. Oh we ain't in Burlycue.
Speaker 5: Having the days, I hope not. No, imagine me, Gypsy Rose McGee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, imagine that.
Speaker 5: Well, what's so funny about it?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 5: I suppose you think I haven't got that on? I mean, I suppose you mean nice.
Speaker 9: But what do you mean?
Speaker 4: Oh? Boy, sucks mom. I was only trying to be well.
Speaker 8: You a well, what are you waiting for?
Speaker 2: Who me?
Speaker 9: Johnny?
Speaker 4: Yes, you as the lumberjack sss to the redwood tree. I think you've been standing around here long enough.
Speaker 11: That's pretty good, Johnny. But I heard a slightly different version of what a slightly different version I heard?
Speaker 9: One fella, says.
Speaker 11: Telfer Snay says, I see where the sipper, McGee and Murray have been on here for Johnson's Wax five years next week that show, says Telisars High like that program.
Speaker 6: I like it because it's clean.
Speaker 9: Well, says the First Fire.
Speaker 5: Why shouldn't it be?
Speaker 6: They're just about wash up?
Speaker 10: Boy?
Speaker 4: I thought that was Oh c a few kids are in show business.
Speaker 2: How about buy a good scrap book.
Speaker 5: Oh that's an idea the year scrape.
Speaker 4: Now you're talking old time. Give us the best one you got there?
Speaker 9: You are, Johnny, two bucks?
Speaker 4: Thanks, here's two dollars, bud, good.
Speaker 9: Bye for fifty cents more. I'll need my right thumb for.
Speaker 6: A book mark.
Speaker 4: Go our first scrap book? Why that's drud? Why what's he means scrap book?
Speaker 1: Why what is it?
Speaker 4: Look on a box and an easy lessons?
Speaker 2: The King's man singing a medally from within Okyo?
Speaker 4: Why that's the gay that the Vicky bird singe?
Speaker 8: Think it's the butterfly wings?
Speaker 9: Threason?
Speaker 8: Why does the breeze, have a bat off o even see who's the son.
Speaker 4: Of bud guns.
Speaker 8: Here's a b and those got no drinks, neither done, no springs to me.
Speaker 10: No, don't bring me previous now I'm freaking drinks on me. I'm all your I'm as happy as I can be, and I want I want you. No nothing very mean.
Speaker 8: I've got no springs, so I have done.
Speaker 2: I'm not tied up to anyone of my liberty.
Speaker 8: There are no springs, no coming in the chap with a feather in his tab to.
Speaker 9: They made me a water. I never gave a man more.
Speaker 8: Drink and a little puppeture changing it to me there.
Speaker 9: Little wouldn't and there's a.
Speaker 8: Little wouldn't see.
Speaker 10: In case you fall little do you know yet it's true? Mighty love you funny little time.
Speaker 1: Go play your.
Speaker 10: Part, bring her little joy every.
Speaker 8: Never ever seen, No my litle reason jopping my whole, very open stuff that ever bothers me.
Speaker 10: I want the world to no donald springs on me, God, no.
Speaker 8: Strings have fun.
Speaker 10: I'm not to any fun.
Speaker 8: I love my Lesdronal springs, springs, ronald springs, those things, those things on mem laghue.
Speaker 5: Here's our text he grabbed the suitcake.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm coming.
Speaker 2: Are you the mister Ronald McGee the call for a cab?
Speaker 4: Doc? Yes, I am, Bud.
Speaker 5: What's this Ronald's business? McGee?
Speaker 4: Or well shuts? What kind of a name is fibber for a big actor?
Speaker 5: So I was just trying out a.
Speaker 4: Couple of newes off get in money.
Speaker 9: Where's too gush? Now?
Speaker 4: Look, but we want to go to the Union station in a hurry.
Speaker 5: Yes, we're coming in on the streamliner and some people are meeting it. Now wait a.
Speaker 2: Minute, ladies users coming in on the streamliner.
Speaker 4: Well, we really come by bus. You see, we're not here yet.
Speaker 9: Where are you?
Speaker 5: We're on the train.
Speaker 9: You just want to go down to the state.
Speaker 4: That's the idea, Bud. They don't realize we got here before the train did.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 5: So you've got here before the trains did. Yes, and it's two any minutes.
Speaker 8: So hurry.
Speaker 11: Look, Doc, I don't like to be pandemic, you know what I mean. But if us is going to meet a train which choses riding on, how can you get our off long enough to meet your fellows coming in?
Speaker 1: Look?
Speaker 4: Five times awaiting? Let us worry about the more half true aspect of the gate. You just get us down to the station in time for the streamliners. Okay, Doc, here are got a boy. Okay, but here you are in five minutes to spare to these times.
Speaker 2: I hope the train ain't late, so you don't keep yourself a waiting.
Speaker 4: Come on, Molly, we'll sneak around this way and walk a block or so up the track.
Speaker 5: Look, McGee, they're raising the welcome banners. The train must be about do him jicks, I hit the.
Speaker 4: Kind of folks we're glad to be back along with you or no folks, this tremendous old basis. Come on, Molly, let's sneak a little closer to the crowd there. There's so many. We won't be able to keep.
Speaker 5: Your hat down over your eyes there, and so they won't recognize Okay.
Speaker 4: They're so happy to welcome us back, it'll be ashamed to spoil everything for you. Have they got our name spelled right on them banners?
Speaker 5: And I don't dear nook McGee, I don't want to be seen it's coming.
Speaker 9: Didn't even start you and your ideas?
Speaker 4: Well, what do we do now? We'll come on across the fact Molly, you's no use to apton all these people. We'll tell him we got in ally what everybody? Oh, here we are, yes, poor, here gildersleeve, Hey, gildersleeve, Here we are.
Speaker 5: Well o folks.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it wonderful?
Speaker 9: Did you see you?
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, where's everybody going?
Speaker 5: Tell him to come back and he see.
Speaker 4: Who missus Rose Belts You just passed through on the streamliner.
Speaker 5: Ah, dear, and I thought this was my dear.
Speaker 4: Well, it certainly was an inspiring sight.
Speaker 5: Magi.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well come on, mam, the balloon's gone up. Well, well, I see you all dressed up and have your suitcases with you. You go in some place, McGee, going, we've been?
Speaker 9: Is that so? Say?
Speaker 4: Didn't you listen to the lux Theater of the Air. Didn't you hear that big dramatic play they did? Didn't you pay attention when Cecil B. DeMille introduced the stars?
Speaker 8: Why no, I didn't.
Speaker 2: In fact, nobody in town did, McGee? What you mean? Well, some guards fool went away from home and left the electric iron on that blew out of re fuse.
Speaker 4: In town.
Speaker 9: Before fever Modo return.
Speaker 2: I'd like to say word about doing smart women know that it's important for them always to look their very best for their own satisfaction and to make the proper impression on their friends. That's the reason for facials and permanent small stuff like that there.
Speaker 4: Zipper would say. Smart housekeepers know too that it's important to have their homes as attractive as possible. This doesn't mean expensive furnishings. It can be accomplished easily with very slight expense by giving floors, furniture and woodwork that rich, mellow, glowing beauty that comes with the regular use of genuine Johnson's wax. Johnson's wax protects as well as beautifies, and it saves healthwork throughout the year. Dustin there cannot collect on a smooth wax polished surface.
Speaker 2: That's why Johnson's wax has so many extra uses for protecting window sills, lampshades, picture frames, leather good You can make your home more attractive and save yourself work with a regular use of genuine Johnson's wax paste all liquids.
Speaker 5: Imagine the game next week. We've been five years on the air for Johnson's wax.
Speaker 4: Well, you should mention that I just got a telegram about it from one of our listeners.
Speaker 9: You really what you say?
Speaker 4: I got it with me, he says. My family have listened to you faithfully for the past five years. Feel that there are strong bonds between us. Yeah, but listen, he says, because we never go anywhere on Tuesday night, and neither does your program.
Speaker 6: Good Night, good night, mister Molow Wheelcox speaking for the MICUs, the Johnson's Blacks and Johnson's South Baltians locals, inviting you all the ground us again next Tuesday Night.
Speaker 5: Good night.
Speaker 6: This is a nice little book.
Speaker 2: That's we company.
Speaker 1: H