Speaker 1: Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. You know, we like to give away things on this show, and we've got a four pack of tickets to Kaboomtown next week Big Fireworks Festival. It's a lot of fun. You can win tickets if you have that free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: How do you win?
Speaker 1: We're gonna take the third person that uses the talkback feature that leaves their name, their phone number, their email address and can answer the question who does Ben say he plays pickleball with every morning? He just told us like seven minutes ago he plays pickleball every morning with the same person. Who is that person? The third person that can tell us that with your name, phone number, email address, you are going to win those tickets. Also, Ben forgot to mention Rip Toby Keith. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Book is Track.
Speaker 2: Another edition of things is.
Speaker 1: Tracking, all right, Cooper Flag was introduced to the Metroplex this morning. Now, I'm sure MAVs you tube streamed it and there's tons of media as you can imagine, So if you haven't seen it yet, I know there's news clips going around and all this sort of stuff, and so you will see all of it. But let me just say the big takeaway, and I can't stop thinking about all of this. This guy was up there and he's basically one year older than my son that works at an ice cream shop once every three weeks and back talks me. And he's up there and he's answering questions in just unbelievable fashion. He's not you know, it's not like he's dropping gems with what he says. But he's articulate, he projects, he's confident. He answers the questions, and he says everything that you want him to say. And I would go so far as to say that Nico Harrison and Jason Kidd acted way more giddy than he did. Wow, dude, I wasn't there like you were, So I'm interested in your eyeballs what you saw. But just listening to it on the radio, man, he sounds calm, composed. He doesn't really care about social media. It's not really into music. He's just a basketball robot, basketball, golf and family. That's what he's into. That's the answer to the question, what kind of music do you listen to? He basically said, I don't know. Whatever I'm whoever, I'm with whatever they put on. I'm fine, he's gonna end up hearing a Toby Keith song. Yeah, I mean, that's just the way it goes. He's gonna be like, yeah, so so anyways, that's I mean, I'm blown away by the way he handles himself. The other thing is, I don't know if you guys heard the question, because when I heard the question, he was asked who his basketball Mount Rushmore was. Did you guys hear that question?
Speaker 2: Heard about it?
Speaker 1: I heard after the fact they asked him his NBA Mount Rushmore and then they said, oh.
Speaker 2: In WNBA. Okay, wait they did add that.
Speaker 1: They added that at the end to be fair, and I was like, okay, because I heard a tease for it on another station, going yeah, coming up next. What did he say his w NBA Mount Rushmore was. That's a tough thing to be asked, dude, and he sped it out just fine, Yeah, I want to hear it.
Speaker 2: Hell, you have it. I think I have it, okay.
Speaker 1: And and let me just say that when this was going down, I didn't hear them say w n B A at the last minute.
Speaker 2: I thought he just offered that up on his own. But still go ahead, that's in your media.
Speaker 3: Two fun questions for you, who's on your mount Rushmore or NBA and of the NBA players, And what's your favorite basketball movie? And why?
Speaker 2: Eddy?
Speaker 3: My favorite basketball movie is Hoosiers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 3: My favorite movie is Growing Up. I watched it hundreds of times.
Speaker 2: I love Dennis Rushmore.
Speaker 3: NBA players, I would say Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Lebron and probably Kobe and then w n B A Canis Parker, Brittany Griner. I think Asia Wilson is on there, and then I might put him and Clark on there just.
Speaker 1: Case, just two missed opportunities there for uh, for our new math.
Speaker 2: He's a rookie.
Speaker 1: Just you gotta drop a Dirk and a Page right there and just shout hold number one in the city.
Speaker 2: Already it's a statue today.
Speaker 1: So earlier in the day or he was, he talked about Page because they have a thing because Page though he lived in Maine, and Page gave him hell for not going to Yukon. He met her when he visited Yukon. I honestly kind of like that. He didn't say Dirk And here's why, man, he's not down to pander definitely not he because he's got a relationship with Lebron. And I heard him on Draft night there was like who's better or who's the goat of all time? Michael Jordan or Lebron And he's got a relationship with Lebron and he said, Michael Jordan. Yeah, he's he's not gonna he's not gonna pander, and he's gonna say what he thinks and he's gonna go. And here's the other thing. He had no familiarity with Jason Kibbs game. Did y'all hear that? Okay, so someone said, you know, I'm paraphrasing, how would you say that your coach's game.
Speaker 2: Was or whatever?
Speaker 1: He goes, well, I need to familiarize myself with it. I need to go back and look at that. I mean, he's a legend and everybody says he was great, but you didn't know. And then the other thing, I mean, he said multiple times Jason Kidd talked about him playing point guard, and man, I'm just.
Speaker 2: I'm loving this so much. I'm loving it so much. This is what I wanted.
Speaker 1: I mean, to me, it's like, let's not sign a third rate point guard and run him out there until Kyrie's healthy.
Speaker 2: Let's put the best players on the floor.
Speaker 1: And Jake kids talking about I want to make him uncomfortable early. That's what I did with the Greek Freak and he failed and then he came back and perfected it. And it's like the type of player that we're talking about. Dude, get out there and do this. I'm going to make you uncomfortable because ultimately you'll be the best you could possibly be by going through this process.
Speaker 2: Beautiful what I want. I'm so excited for all of this.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it is fun to still bump into people that are trying so hard to hate everything.
Speaker 2: It's like, hey, man, no, I get it.
Speaker 1: Man, you cannot watch awesome basketball like you know, I don't know why you were a basketball fan of the first place, but dude, deprive yourself of that.
Speaker 2: Like, I get it. This is important.
Speaker 1: We'll get back into Cooper Flag. At about four fifteen. We got a scattering report on that. We got to hear anything else, No, that was that's goods, such good stuff.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Skin is tracking the Cooper Flag press conference coming up next. In the Hollywood Shuffle, members of one of the greatest rock bands ever tell you What is the greatest rock song of all time?
Speaker 2: This is good, don't miss it. It's next