Speaker 1: At a book.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to be able to listen to the show without ads and have full access to bonus content, that's an option. To find out how, please go to Dogmanencounters dot com Forward Slash Podcast. Tonight's guest is Kyle Roth Ki. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hey, Vic. Yeah, it's an absolute pleasure being here. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're welcome. Thanks for being here. We appreciate your time. Ki, please give us a brief bio on yourself.
Speaker 1: My name is Kirath. I've been born and raised in South Africa. My whole life moved around quite a lot. Currently I reside in a small holiday village called Pringle Bay, which is on the east coast outside of Cape Town. And yeah, I've been living there for the past few years. Made a good group of friends there. I lived there with my dad and my stepmom and then my three younger sisters. My mother unfortunately passed away in the year twenty nineteen. But yeah, I can't complain much about where I live. Fantastic place and it's the perfect combination of having a social life but also being able to be in the wilderness and be in nature. Then yeah, I mean I matriculated from high school two years ago. It's not last year, the year before and then last year I went to a gap year program in Zimbabwe where I met one of my close friends whom you all will share in a few minutes about. And yeah, that's pretty much a brief bye on myself. I love nature. I don't know what else does that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a great bio. I'm wondering though, Kayle, what's your favorite thing about living in South Africa?
Speaker 1: Me personally, I would say the culture and the vibes with people. So obviously, everywhere you are in the world, there's going to be people that are root to you and whatever the story may be, but specifically South Africa. If you if you find the right people, you build really really close friendships and bonds with these kinds of people, to the point where within a few weeks of knowing these people, you feel like family already, and everyone's like inviting. And it's a very diverse culture. It's like you've got English, you've got off a Count, You've got Closer, You've got Zulu, You've got all these different cultures that merge together. And even though they're different, like we all, I don't know how you say it. But we can all work together, and we all live together, and we all bond together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems like an amazing place. They're sure we'd like to visit someday, but with my work schedule, good luck on that. Don't see that happening. But that's all right. I can live vi curiously through other people, so I guess it's not all that bad. Kai. From what I understand, you were listening to the show for a long time, Free had your first encounter. How'd you find out about the show though?
Speaker 1: So, yeah, I've been listening to your podcast since twenty twenty one. The first one that I got on was My big Foot Startings, and yeah, I suppose quite literally my whole life. I remember it was about the age of six or seven years old. I was watching on YouTube. I think it's called Searching for Monsters or something along those lines, and it's a documentary about these people that travel to different countries and places like that, And at first it scared me, and then a couple of years later, once i'd grown up a beds, I think around the age of twelve, I started to regain interest. And I suppose you could say the unknown and the often looked over what do I say topics that this world has to offer, And so I kind of just went into a big rabbit hole and searched the internet, went looking for everything that I could find on bigfoot and dog men and skin walkers. And then eventually I got a Spotify account, and I was quite eager to listen to a podcast, because I found that listening to these things helped me obtain them for a lot better. So I looked up bigfoot bigfoot podcasts, and up came your My Bigfoot Sightings, and so from there it kind of just took off. I'd looked at your profile, I saw you had a few other channels up, and so I was listening and bouncing between the few and just listening to different podcasts, and every time you posted each week, I'd be there on the dot listening. But yoh, that's a story of how I found you all.
Speaker 2: Your podcast, Well, it goes without saying I'm so glad you knew about it and found it. And yeah, a lot of people who listened to dog Mean Encounters. I think this is the only podcast I produce, but no, I produce four, so that does keep me busy. You told us a few things about Pringle Bay, just a moment ago, that small village where you live, but please tell us more about the place and the area around it.
Speaker 1: So Pringle Bay is about to give you perspective. There's a few small towns villages close by. One is a little bit smaller and the others is a little bit bigger, but they both within five minutes in each direction along the coast, and then you're nearest bigger towns are about an hour or so away. So it's not entirely secluded, but it's secluded enough that you feel like you're still in nature and you don't feel like you're in a big city and everything's being built up and developed. And yeah, I mean it's the perfect place. I mean it sits in this almost ball type thing where the mountains are all around, and it's covered in what we call fame boss. It's a local flora. And I mean the mountains are like a thirty minute walk from the beach, so you have this perfect combination of mountains if you want to go hiking and cycling and camping or whatever you enjoy. And then down to the beach you've got literally everything diving, surfing, going out on boats, fish, whatever your heart desires. So yeah, I mean for me, in terms of the natural aspect, Pringle Bay is pretty perfect for me because I get to enjoy nature as well as still have a sense of society around me and socialization and obviously make friends of whom of which I've been friends for years now and we've built some really close bonds and had some amazing adventures out in the wilderness.
Speaker 2: Sure does sound like a beautiful place. What kinds of dangerous animals live around the town and how often do they come into the town.
Speaker 1: So, to be honest with you, we don't have many dangerous animals. Our most dangerous would be obviously snakes because the town is so in the wilderness and it's in a biasphere, so there's a lot of building regulations and also lots of things, and oftentimes people have to have open fences, not walls, and so your most common dangerous animal per se that side is snakes going in to people's gardens, houses, whatever the story may be. And then another problem that we have is the baboons. They will rob people, they'll break into houses. They're literally the thieves of our town. And then yeah, I would say that's about it. I mean, obviously the ocean is universal for sharks, but yeah, I'd say those are the only three three animals you'd really need to look out for in pringle Bao, the snakes, baboons and sharks.
Speaker 2: So you don't have any alliance around.
Speaker 1: Not where we are. Where we are, we quite it's a different it's a different kind of biome and what do you call it, ecosystem to what the larger animals were thriving. So your elephants and your lions, and your rhinos and your buffalo are more north and along the coasts, but quite a ways up. To give you perspective of the nearest place where you can go to see big cats is about a two and a half to three hour drive east along the coast towards this big cat sanctuary. And in nature, you're going to have to drive about four hours into the center of South Africa to find something a game reserve where you can see them naturally. So locally don't have any big game or anything dangerous like that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a definite perk here. It's a beautiful village with all this beautiful scenery around it, and you don't have to worry about bumping into a line when you step out the door. That makes it even better. Yet, if you've had a dog mean encounter that you need help dealing with, or if you'd like to be a guest on the show, please go to Dogmanencounters dot com and submit a report. If you've had a big foot sighting, I would like to be a guest on one of my two big foot podcasts, please go to my Bigfoot Sighting dot com. All right, Kyle, please tell us about your encounters. Now, give us every last detail that comes to mind.
Speaker 1: My encounter started well, the first and only encounter I've ever had, or should I say sighting, was back in March of twenty twenty three, and we'd just moved into Pringle Bay. We'd been there for just short of a year, and I'd made a very good group of friends, one of which named Marcus. He will remember that name. He'll come in later on. But we were a very good group of mates, and obviously being nineteen this year, so we were probably like fourteen and fifteen, and you know how to go to bars, So we would find other ways to entertain ourselves, and that the main activity that we did was walking in the streets at night. I mean there's no street lights, it's mostly gravel roads. But the town Pringle Bay is so quiet and seclusive that the concern of being robbed at night just isn't there, or being endanger at night isn't there. So we would go for walks at night until four o'clock in the morning and we would just walk kilometers and talk and go on the side adventures. And we'd been doing it pretty much since I became friends with these guys off the bat. And then fast forward about a year. One week we went for a walk, and tradition would be we'd do our walk wherever it may be, and then we always off at the town square and then we all say our goodbyes and we go our separate ways towards our houses. And my house was about five minutes away. Now to give a bit of layout on the road and what my house actually looks like, So if you've got a bird's eye view to the north to the top part of the house is the driveway with the gate, and then running along the west boundary is a small little pathway about a meter and a half wide, and that little pathway alleyway, takes you to the back of the house where the back porch is that opens up into the garden, and then when you come into the driveway on your left, you will have this open room with glass panes instead of wall. And that was our open plant study. And that's pretty much was our quote unquote front door. Now directly across the road from us was a double empty plot, and there was a small little animal pathway that ran from the back road and connected the two roads together. So whenever i'd finish my night walks, i would come from the circle and I'd get onto the top road and I'd walk across the te empty plots and end up on my road and then literally just hop over the road to get to my house. So this particular night, we'd all said goodbye, we'd made plans to meet up again tomorrow, and I'd walked and I'd just gotten to the double plot. And as soon as I've turned and stepped onto the double plot, I just felt this like this blanket, this wave of this feeling of something watching me very very intently, to the point where the the hair on the back of my neck rose, and I even recalled looking at my arm and seem like my arm was just chicken skin, or my hair was all raised. And I paused for a second, and I thought something obviously seemed very off. But I'm generally quite a skittish person, so I didn't want to sit there and play over in my head what the possibilities could have been, so I just put my head down and I carried on walking. I didn't look up, I just watched it. I was putting my feet, and then as soon as I hit over the road and to my gate, we had a manual gate, so I had to pull the thing open and pull it closed. And as soon as I got to the gate, the feeling went from like a five out of ten to an eight or nine. So at that point I turned and I had my body facing the road in the empty plot, and I had my back facing the house, and I just put my hands down my back. I opened the gate, it closed, it walked inside, and that was me for the night. Now we carried my friends and I carried on having night walks throughout the week, and each time i'd walk over the plot, the feeling would get more and more and more intense. And then about a week a week and a half after I had that first feeling of walking through the plot. It was about eight o'clock at night, closer to nine, and I was sitting in my room and my dad was sitting in the lounge, and my sister, my elder sister, was in her room, and my dad had let my dog out so that she could go do her business before we locked up the house for the night. And the dog started barking to which wasn't an unusual It wasn't an a usual event. It was quite normal for her to bark at night. She box it almost everything, so we never we didn't think much of it. So my dad just called me and he said, can you go get your dog? So I grabbed the flashlights, the headlamp, and I asked my sister if she wanted to come with, and so we stepped outside. And by this time sun's long set. It's pitch dark, and I've got this dim, little cheap headlamp, and we walk on that alleyway on the west hand side of the property. We jump onto the drive where we walk across, and my dog is in the far northeast corner of the house barking, and my dog's part bought a colin I've been training her for nine years and her recall is insane. Sometimes I don't even need to say something. I can just make a gesture with my hand and she knows. And when I got to the driveway, I was about seven meters from her, between seven and ten meters, and I started calling like, hey, Cara, come come, and she just ignored me, and she was just going crazy. And at some points I just paused and I thought to myself, like, she's she's going a bit crazy right now. She's something's definitely not okay. And so about often probably a minute of me standing there shouting at her, I gave up and I walked up to her and I grabbed her by the collar. And the first thing I noticed when I grabbed her by the collar was all the hair on her neck felt fluffy. And so I looked down and all the hair from the back of her head to where her bone connects to her body, I mean her tail connects to her body was just hair, all standing up vertically. And that's when I paused to myself and I was like, okay, I no, something is really off you. So, without wanting to draw any attention again, she kept my head down and I pulled her and walked back to the driveway where my sister was standing waiting for us, and I heard gravel crunching, so instinctively I looked up and I saw what it first seemed to be a tall, tall man with long gray hair wearing a white coat, and so I assumed it was one of our old neighbors. And so I agreeed to the person and I said, hey, how are you? How's your night? As I said hey, the thought person was about twenty meters away on the opposite side of the road, and they had just gotten in line with the empty plot as I said hey, And I just remember watching this person fall face first, not like they pushed themselves or they jumped. It literally just stopped in their track and fell forward and didn't flinch an armed, did anything. And I want to say about when they were about thirty sent to me about to hit the ground, I just watched these two front legs pop out and just grab it almost just before it was about to hit the floor, and that just shook me. I just froze as soon as I saw that. I just I was looking at this thing and I was trying to assess what is this I was trying to rationalize to myself. I was like, Okay, maybe it's a leopard, and I'm looking at it and I'm but it's pure white and it's got a short, fluffy tail. And while I'm trying to analyze this, my sister notices that I'm frozen, and she starts calling my name and breaks my train of thought. But I'm still frozen, and she's asking God, what's wrong? What's wrong? And I say to her, do you see that over there? She comes next to me and I can feel her putting her head and shade like shifting it around next to me, trying to see it. And she goes the white thing and I said yes. She goes what is that? And I said, just go get that? And she starts freaking out. My sister's prone to having panic attacks, and she's freaking out, and I'm trying to be stone with her because this is a situation. I don't want her and I can handle myself in it, I don't want my sister. I start shouting it on Bella, just go get that. She runs and she fetches my dad. Now I'm stuck there. My dog's gone. I'm stuck there with this little cheapy flashlight, and this dog man just posted up on the other side of this road, and we were just both frozen in place, kind of assessing each other. And I'm so grateful I had those five minutes to myself because it gave me time to properly assess the details of what I was looking at from head to the tip of the tail. And so I'll work you through it. The first thing that caught my attention was the face. It had black eyes, not sunken eyes. It it didn't look like it was missing eyeballs. It definitely had eyeballs, but they were black. I couldn't see any white. And then it had this beautifully, almost perfectly circular shaped face with these ears that came out on the top, but they weren't they weren't as harshly pointed as like the Doberman ears that a lot of people talk about. They were a little bit curved at the top. And then I saw little black nose and I couldn't see any details on the teeth as the whole body was just white. And so from there I kind of moved down and the next thing that really caught my attention was the size of this thing's main like it had this mass of just fur from its from the back of its head all the way down to its middle back, and it kind of disappeared along the lads a bit, so by the lads where you would imagine the front leg would rub a lot, it was more shorter hair, and then underbelly as well, and then the long hair continued till about just where the chest if a human was sitting down, like that where the chest would have ended. But the main it was just I don't even know how to describe it. It was just massive and luscious, long white hair. And then onto the physique of this thing. The best way I can describe it is had that big chest with a very small waist, classic of like a greyhound. But the muscular definition on this animal was nothing I've ever seen before in my life. It was like if you took if you took a greyhound and came it the muscle mass of a football and then put it to the size of a great day, That's pretty much what I was looking at with a bit of a longer body. And so once I figured out this physique, I started paying attention to the smaller details like the feet and the tail. And one thing that caught me was the front I want to call them hands were like perfectly flush on the floor, and then the thumb was like a place higher than where it would be on our human hands. So if you can imagine your thumb on your hand, you could take it off and put it a place higher. That's pretty much where this thing's quote thumbs were. And then as I moved towards the back pause, it looked there was a little bit of finger definition in the different toes, but it still had the main part of the foot still had that classic canine shaped to it where it was like squarish or rectangular, and that that caught me off god a little bit because I was expecting both to look the same. And then the tail wasn't excessively long. If I were to put it into a ratio with the length of the of the actual creature, I would put it at about a fifth the length of its body, made up for about a fifth of its total length. And it was bushy and yeah. So for about five minutes I just stood there looking at this thing and taking in everything, And after a while I started to notice that it was frozen there, almost in a self defensive way, like I'm looking at this thing and I'm assessing its body language and it's just completely still, but it knows that I've seen it. So it was almost as if though it was like a cat when they turn their side to you and they lift their back. It was just sat there assessing me. I think it was almost processing like if I do if I do this, it's going to retaliate like that, or I do this is going to respond like that. And so when I kind of came to that confusion that it was in defense of mode, I just kind of stood still. I didn't move fast, I didn't move at all, and I just carried on taking it all in as much detail as I possibly could. And then five minutes passed and my dad came out that front door, out of the open plan room. He came out and he's rushing. He's like, what's wrong, what's wrong? What's wrong? And I'm like, do you see that over there? My dad? Unfortunately, my dad doesn't have the best eyesight, so even during the day, so he squints his eyes and he's like, I can't see it. And so I tell him, do you not have a light And he says, I'll switch the car on, he goes inside, he gets the car keys, and he comes back out and I hear him click the keys into ignition, and as soon as he turns it and the engine started, that thing was gone. It just booked it down the double empty plot. And funny enough, my friend and I, Marcus, we went back a few days later to measure the length of the plot and I gave an estimation for how quickly it covered it, and it was one hundred meters that it covered. To play it safe, i'll say five seconds. Covered one hundred meters in five seconds. And once we'd actually done the math behind it, that's what shocked me. It is like, not only is this thing strong, but it is built for speed and agility, because the way it moved on across that land like it's marsh, It's literal. It was just a sewage river there. And that's why I was empty, because nobody wanted to buy it, and it was just this horrible, sloppy, muddy land and this thing just almost like it was flying over. It just booked it and was gone. And so with that concluded, my dad finally got the car swung around, but he unfortunately missed it and so he twitched off the car and he came to me and he's like, what did you see? And I briefly described him. I said, I saw this white thing there. I don't know what it is, because at the time I'm still like, even though I've taken time to scan what it is, I don't quite know how to just pop it up on my dad and be like, yeah, I just saw a dog man. And so I just explained to him, and he's like, okay, okay, just like, don't tell any of your sisters. We don't want to freak them out. And so we go back inside, we lock up the house, dogs inside, and I go to bed. But now, to give you a layout of the house, my room window connects to the open plan study area. That's the quote front door. So if you're outside and the curtains are open for both windows, you can see into my room and I can see to that, I can see onto the driveway. And so at about eleven o'clock that night, I decided, Okay, I'm gonna put my phone down and I'm going to hit that and I pretty much at first I fell asleep with my back facing the window, and then I heard this this tap on the outside window by the open plant thing, and it was like a and it was just two and then it paused for ten seconds, and then I heard and it did that for about five to ten minutes. As I was hearing this thing, I just slowly turned around and I couldn't see anything through my window because it was two curtains. The one that's in the study was quite a see through one, and then my one was a blackout curtain, so no matter where you are, you're not going to see any shadows or anything through there. So now I'm laying there and I'm facing my window and I can hear this. And after about i'll call it ten minutes, it went from two taps to and then it would pause for ten seconds, and then it would do three taps, pause for ten seconds. And at first I was petrified. I was just thinking to myself, the last thing I want to do is hear that on my actual window. It's going, and I was going and I was going, and it just didn't stop for an hour, and eventually I just my younger self, I thought I could take this thing on and I was not getting annoyed, and I thought, okay, well, just a little creature out just have a look and see what's happening. And it's probably the one, the one of the biggest mistakes I ended up making with this thing, because I threw my curtains open and I looked outside and I just saw this, this shadow and was standing oh at least two and a half meters tall, and there was, if you can picture, its right hand was up on the window, and I saw the finger out and the size of this thing. The thing that scared me most was just the size of this thing's hand, Like if you had to take an eighty four piece of paper, this thing's hand would pretty much cover the entire paper. And when I saw that, I just I literally lost my breath, paused for a second, and then the sound of me throwing the curtain open just stopped it. And it almost froze there with its finger just barely touching the glass. And I froze for a few seconds, and eventually, I don't even know what I managed to snap out of it, and I ran to my parents' room and I woke my dad up, and I was like, hey, hey, hey, something outside. We ran out and wasn't there, and so we went back inside. We put the alarm on and we didn't have anything from that night on. And then yeah, for a few weeks after that. I mean, I obviously told my friend Marcus and another friend whose name I'm going to keep confidential. His name will call him Dale. I told Marcus and Dale about these experience, this encounter that I had, and at that time, these guys were excited. They're like, Okay, there's something here, There's something for us to explore, something exciting. And so from that night on we went for night walks every single night in the hopes of seeing this thing again. And every night, instead of just me having the feeling of being watched, it had now passed on to these two guys, and they would feel like they were being watched. Whether we were in a group or by ourselves, we were at nights specifically constantly feeling like we were being watched. And so fast forward about a week and a half of the mind counter my friend Marcus. So let me backtrack there for a few weeks just before I'd had mind Counter, myself, Marcus and Dale we decided we're going to go on a little exploit adventure and we're going to explore the place. And we ended up coming across this massive empty plot of land that was directly across the road from the fire station and had these two big white pillars, had this lurnal trail that went into what we call the forest, but it's probably a bunch of thin trees with very little branches and these on them, but they grow densely together and they grow about four meters and high three to four meters, and in between that is reeds and thick bushes and leavy bushes. And so we discovered this place, and how it works is you go past the white pillars and there's about fifty meters of open grass, quite overgrown, but it's still open. You walk down and then you go around this big bush that grows over the pathway, and as soon as you come around that bush, it's just this heavy, heavy wavers be watched again. And we've taken groups of people there. We've never told them about the context behind this place, and they'll walk in there and everyone will have the same reaction. Their hair will raise, and you're just on high alert. And so you walk through that part for about six hundred meters and you come out and you go onto this open soundtrack where it's properly open. It's sand with small bushes, and then if you keep left, you eventually end up on the soundtrack and you turn off, and then there's another forest, like a proper forest, this time with the eucalyptus trees growing, and you drop down into this river bed where it's just rock and there's a little stream that flows through there. So it's in our past four again. A week and a half after my accountant, my friend Marcus decided he's going to go for a walk and he's going to go to that little stream because at the time we were building a little fort and he just wanted to check the place out and see how it was doing and all these wonderful things. So he got through the forest, okay, went into the sandtrack, dropped down into the river, and as soon as he hit the stones, he heard what sounded like water splashing off to his right, and he saw this big white foam sitting on the stream, which wasn't unusual. If you walk twenty meters up the stream, there's that foam everywhere. So he assumed, okay, the water's flashing and it's causing that foam, and he turned around and took a few steps, and then he heard something rise out of the waters like droplets, and he looked and he watched the foam slowly your eyes and rose to he said, at least two and a half meters, And he said it stood there for a second or two and then it just casually walked upstream and disappeared. And now was the last he saw it. And this thing, this creature, scared Marcus so bad that he wasn't going to take any risks. He decided to take his knife out and backtracked the whole eight hundred meters up the river bank through the thick bush, and he did not turn his back. He had his knife in his hands, he was facing the direction of the stream, and he just backed out of there. And so, yeah, Marcus very shortly afterwards told me about his but his encounter, I'm pretty sure it was that same day. And then yeah, I mean again, we didn't have anything for about a month or so, and unfortunately, during that period of a month, one of the guys in our group, his mother unfortunately passed away, and so we all went and had this celebratory memorial like I don't know what you would call it, dinner at one of the low at one of the nearby villages towards the west, and it was five minutes away, so we quickly drove down there. And we have what's it's our regional road, the Affully four, and it runs past the entrance of Pringle Bay and runs almost through the small little town and then goes towards the big cities. And so that night, this restaurant was right on the edge of that road, so we decided, you know it, at this time of night, this section of the road is extremely we're gonna go for a night walk. So it was myself, Marcus, two other guys, and then one guy I'm not gonna mention his name, but i'll call him Dale. Five of us made our way down and we started walking down because the road dropped down across a lagoon and then goes up the mountain again. So we went walked down to this bridge, and the whole time we're walking there, we're all feeling a bit off, except for Dale. And one thing listeners need to know about Dale. He is a very adrenaline seeking guy. He really like. He would watch horror movies whenever he pleased to have scary they were. He'd watch the scariest horror movies and not not even jump once throughout the movie. I'm not a horror movie fanatics, so I never understood it. But he was always he was always seeking to go that little step further to really put himself in that situation where he was scared for a few seconds, just so he could experience it. And so anyways, we were all walking and the group of us all together like, ah, what was that? And Dale is just ahead of us on his own little mission leading us. And so eventually we come down to the bridge and we stopped them, and we're all talking and chatting, and Dale's off about ten meters up the road and I'm talking. In the next minute, everyone just runs And at first I thought everyone was pranking me. So I'm running behind them barefoot, laughing like ah, yeah, guys, is so funny. And after about I would call it ten seconds of these guys running, Eventually I clocked and I realized these guys aren't joking. They are genuinely running away from something. And I don't think I have ever reached the speed by foot that quickly in my life. I just flew and I caught up to everyone, and I took overtook the last two guys and I was gone, and eventually we just ran ran for probably a minute, and we get to the entrance of the restaurant and everyone stops, and everyone's breathing, puffing, panting, and everyone's asking each other like, why did you run no Iran? Because Marcus ran Iran? Because I thought you said something, and everyone's just confused. And I looked off to the side and Dale is sitting at this table and he's got his hands in his head. And one thing you need to know about this guy is he is not an emotional guy, to say the least. He hardly ever sheds a tear. He doesn't really communicate about his emotions. He's a very tough guy, I suppose you could say, when it comes to emotions, he doesn't like to express them too heavily. And we're like, hey, dude, are you're good? And he looks up at us and there's just tears running down his eyes and I remember seeing that, and that's when I like, I just didn't even know how to react because I was like, this guy who's supposed to be the bravest one out of all of us is sitting here with his hands and his heads, crying like what did you see? So we all ask him like, what did you see? What did you see? And pretty much what happened to him was when he was on his little excursion by himself, you heard what sounded like if you take your nails and you dragged them against the tow. He heard that just coming at him with speed, and then it stopped about four or five meters, and with the little moonlight that was there, he could barely make out this face with circular face, no ears, black eyes, and just he could see it was baring its teeth at him. And he said when he saw it, because when he was finally able to see it, it was instant, because he had to adjust for a second and use the moonlight to see it. And when he finally saw it was just a split second, like it was there. It wasn't like over time the image came to him. It was the thing was right there, and he booked it and he ran and he didn't stop until we got back to light. And that's pretty much what he told us that he saw and encountered, and on that night on he slowly but surely started going on night walks with us less and less and then started distancing himself from us. And now it's it's come to the point where your best your best bets to get a hold of this guy is to physically walk to his house and communicate with him because he doesn't have social media, he barely answers his phone, and he's really just to reclude. I don't know, like he's kind of retreated to himself and now is seeking shouter in himself for multiple reasons. But I think the starting of it would have been this encounter, and so after that we really didn't have anything for a long time, not a long long time, and then far forward to last year August. So last year, as I mentioned early on, I was at a appier program in Zimbabwe and I met one of my best mates at the moment. His name is Angus mclaggan. Absolute legend of a man. He's farmers, so he's quite tough. He doesn't share his emotions a lot and isn't scared of a lot of things. He generally seeks the adrenaline rush, similar to Dale, but a lot more intensely, like he really puts himself out there and whether it be a stupid thing, whether it be a smart thing. He's always just trying to put himself out there to get as much of the adrenaline rush as possible. And so during our time at quest, I built a very close bond with this man, and eventually we got to the point where we were free to open up to each other about anything. And so eventually I opened up to him about my encounter, and I opened up to him about that forest that I mentioned early on, which we came up with a nickname of skin walk of Forest, purely because of the feeling that you get when you walk in there. It feels like there's something there that shouldn't be there. And so I told him all these stories, and as soon as I was down, the first thing he said to me is you need to take me there, And I said, I refuse, and quite literally, it took us about half an hour of going back and forth, and eventually we came to a handshake deal and it was said that I was going to take him to Skinwalker Forest when the time came. While the time came in August that he came to my house for the first time, and it was about his second or his third night here, and we had decided okay, we're going to take this guy. But I wasn't entirely confident on going by myself with him. So we went to Marcus's house, and when Marcus heard what we were trying to do, he was he just looked at me like we were crazy people. Looked at us like we were crazy people. And I stood there and I was in one hundred percent agreement with and I was like, dude, I do not want to do this. But I made a deal. And so Marcus kind of just grabs his brother, his friend's younger brother, and like, here you could take him. And the younger brother's name is Carlin. We asked Colin, do you want to come with and he's like, Josh shall come with you guys. And so we bought him with more more the intention of having a sacrifice rather than a third person. And so we get to this to the pillars, and everyone's kind of now the nerves are up, senses are getting heightened, and Angus decided he's going to take the lead. He takes the lead. I'm behind him with the phone lights. He's in the front with a knife, and Colin's at the back again for sacrifice or for beck. So we're carrying out walking and as soon as we come around that bush, Angus just freezes and he's like, you were not lying, And I'd laughed at him and I said, what did I tell you? This place is not a joke. And I was like, we can still go back. No, no, he wants to go forward, So we pursue on forward we go. And how the how the over the growth of this place works is you have about ten meters where you can walk freely and there's no bushes growing over, and then all of a sudden you'll hit this wall of bushes and it's about three to five meters wide, and you've got to wind and twist through these bushes, under the leaves, pass the thorns, and come through on the other end. And then you've got another ten meters of freeway. And every time we came up to one of those thick I'm going to call them walls of bushes, I would tell the boys stop, which she lights. They're quiet, don't move, And we would always, always, every single and there's about six of them that you walk past. Every single time we would hear something walking just on the other side of these bushes and just out of the reach of our lights. I mean, at one point I put the phone light on it and we saw the bush flick from whatever it brushed it, but we didn't see what brushed it. And now we're walking and we're pushing through. About halfway through, Angus stops and he's like, do you guys hear that? And I said no, and Colic goes, no, what are you talking about? And Angus at that point made it obvious that there was no sound. There was no wind, there was no frogs, there was no birds, there was nothing. And there's a stream that flows and I cannot emphasize this enough right next to the park, like if you step to the right, you fall into the stream. So there should have been frogs going to say the least, not a single chirp, not anything. So we push on and come out on the soundtrack, and Angus is now like, come, I want to go to that river, and I said, ah, this is where I draw the line. So eventually, after me standing my ground, we turn around and we go back in and we make it through. We get out the other side and myself in Collins sprint and Angus is walking. He comes up to us and he's like, well that was quite uneventful, and so he asks us, well, what more can I do to get a better experience? And so me and Coleb kind of looked at each other and we're trying to think, and we're like, okay, one thing that we never do is we never talk into the dark, and we never whistle into the dark. And Angus, being the very smart lad that he is, decides he's going to stand there and whistle into the darkness. And so he starts whistling and whistling, and he's standing right there by these white pillars. He's whistling, and eventually he against the courage to leave the pillars and he walks about five meters past, whistles, whistles ten meters fifteen meters. Eventually he gets to about twenty five to thirty meters away from these pillars. Now he's standing if me, if myself and callar by looking at him. He's looking to our left and the road that we need to run down is on the left. He's in front of us face on the left, and to our right, which is behind him, is this massive bush, thick bush that is almost it connects to the forest, but barely. And he's sitting there and he's whistling, and he's whistling, and the next minute he just like I heard this slight, slight sound of what I could assume was a thud, and I just see angers fall down and he stands up and he shouts, but he shouts from the back of his throat like a genuine survival scream, not that I'm scared scream, like a this is survival. And when I heard that come out of him, I swear I saul left my body because I've never heard the guy shout like that, and I've been made to him for a year. We've been in the African bush, We've been out at night with lions and elephants, and I have never heard that guy scream like that before. And he screamed like that, I knew something had happened. So we book it and we run down the road myself in colar bar It. We start off probably one hundred meters in front of him, werein twelve seconds, he's passed us. He's really scared, so he runs and myself would call us start waving him down, like hey, what happened? And he comes up to us and he's like, did you not hear that, and I was like, I think I did, but I don't know what. And he said it sounded like something had hit the ground or like punched the ground or stump the ground right behind where he was, and he said he just lost it and he ran. And so now we're all through standing there like okay, cool, we got to get back. And as soon as we say that, Angus checks his pockets and his phone's not there. So now we have to go back and he has to get his phone. Keep in mind, myself and calemb again we were scarty cats, and we stayed on the road and we let him walk off to get his phone by himself. Came back and we started making our way back home. Now, on our way back home, Carlub about one hundred meters down the road, points out to the right and he's like, Angus, do you want to look for something? As goes y'ah, so get you get your headlamp and scan this area that has a view of the whole forest. Cool. Angus jumps up there. He gets his high power to headlamp, scanning left to right and left to right. Now a bit of context about this man. He's been hunting for ten years he's shot well over three or four hundred animals. He's hunted at night. He knows what different animals are shines look like, so he's very experienced when it comes to knowing animals and what signs their show. So he's not scanning, scanning, And I'm standing on the road and I watched him scan and he pauses directly in front of him, and from his view, he's scanning over marshland and then there's thick bush on the other bank of the marshland, and he scanned, and as soon as he hit this one major bush on his left hand side of the bush, there was a head that was poking out and it was he said, reflecting forward slash emitting this weird. He hasn't been able to describe it to me, but this this unnatural tone of yellow and it was just a pale, skinless, i mean furless, hairless face with these yellow reflecting eyes just staring at him from the behind this bush. And when he saw that, he shouted again at that same shout that I heard, and we all just booked it and we ran and we ran and we ran, and we probably ran around eight hundred meters, just didn't stop. Went, went, went, went, and then eventually we stopped and we've still got a long way to my house. So we decided, okay, we're going to play it safe. We're just gonna walk. And the whole walk back home, myself, Angus and Carlom we were verbalizing to each other, communicating to each other about the strength of this feeling that something is right behind us, to the point where it feels like it's it's posed of physically touching our heels and its chest is up on our back. And whenever we would start talking about it, we'd count down and we'd swing around and we look and there was nothing there, and we'd Karen walking in about five seconds later be right back there, and it was it was just such an intense feeling that all of us were freaking out and we're trying to stay calm, but you can see on the other person's face it's like this is not okay. And eventually we we didn't even bother dropping Carlo buff we said, you can walk home. Your house is right there, and we're going to walk home. And we walked home, and that was us, that was us for the Knights, and yeah, that's that's pretty much all the encounters and stories that I have from bringle.
Speaker 2: Bat, well, those are quite a few encounters. One encounter is more than enough. You've really been into it neck deep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have, and unfortunately I feel like I dragged my mates into it. But I suppose that's that's what they're for.
Speaker 2: Well, if you have had an experience, I guess it is better to have people with you in. Listening to you describe how your mates are, sounds like they're pretty much up for a challenge and that's what you gave them, so hopefully them will hold that against you or anything. Although it sounds to me like Marcus isn't doing all that well. Well, I'm sorry. Dale. Sounds to me like Dale's not doing all that well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dale's so Dale's not doing all that well. And I found out, actually quite recently, that it's not just the event that happened that that caused him to distance himself. It was a few other things as well as him being quite strong in his religion and disagreeing with a few of the aspects that we were doing. And obviously one of them was going out and looking for these these unknown things that in his mind shouldn't be meddled with they should just be left alone, and so combination of things. But one of the reasonings was that night and just disagreement of those kind of those kind of beings. If I can say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds to me like he's convinced that what he saw was a spiritual creature, a supernatural being. What do you think. Do you think white Man is a flesh and blood creature or do you think he's supernatural as well?
Speaker 1: Again, I've I've only I've only seen it seen white Man once, so I can't really go off much. But my guess would have to be that it's it's a flesh and blood because the between myself and Dale, our encounters were quite quite key characteristics of a lot of predatory animals. So when Dale had his encounter, it almost seemed like a bit of a mock charge and it came at him and then stopped in front of him, And my encounter was like it was sitting there defensively watching, waiting for him to do something. I feel like had it have been a spiritual thing, there would have been a lot a lot more evil intent behind it. I feel like with Dale's thing, it would have chased him and possibly like done something physically to him, or less so physically, would have followed him home that night or something to that effect. But that was the only encounter that he had. And just yeah, I suppose if it was a spiritual thing, again, it would have been everywhere, but it wasn't. It was only ever outside that we had these kind of things, and it was only ever in places where it had scape routes. So in my mind I personally believed that it was a flesh and blood creature.
Speaker 2: Well, it's understandable why you might think that, and you could very easily be right about that. That's one of the things about this little dog mean topic. There are so many people who are convinced that they have to be flesh and blood, and you've got quite a few people also, on the other hand, do they swear up and down with their supernatural beings. My opinion on the matter is you might have both. You might have some dogmen over here they are flesh and blood creatures and other dog men are supernatural beings. But that's one of those things that all we can do is just debate about it. That's all we can do. But having said that, I've got a ton of questions for you, A Kai, would you be interested in coming back to do a part two A Q and A.
Speaker 1: I would love to.
Speaker 2: Oh great, Well, what we'll do is we'll just set that up and get that scheduled in. We'll do that Q and A then, but until then, thanks again so much for coming on to tell us about these experiences, and I hope you have a great night.
Speaker 1: An English