Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers. One damn case, Hi.
Speaker 2: Everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this Monday evening. Your Los Angeles Dodgers sixty five and forty seven on the season, first place at top the NLS, a four and a half game lead in the division. After a three to five road trip that didn't start off great but certainly finished well, with the Dodgers taking two to three in Oakland over the weekend. Well, the Dodgers are now back home for the start of a six game homestand first up a three game series against the team at the best record of the National League, the Philadelphia Phillies. Tyler glasnow on the mountain for the Dodgers first pitch coming up at seven to ten.
Speaker 3: Between then and.
Speaker 2: Now, we got a lot to get to here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll hear from Freddie Freeman, who is back after his emergency situation with his son.
Speaker 3: He is back in the lineup.
Speaker 2: We'll find out more from Freddy and what is happening we'll preview this pitching matchup. David vaseegoes one on one with KEYK Hernandez. We got your Dodgers magical moment, your otani Re Ryan, and shortly we'll check in with Kirsten Watson and just a few minutes we'll hear from Steven Nelson and Rick Monday out the Galpin Motors Broadcast booth.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Yesterday in Oakland, the Dodgers scored early, scored in.
Speaker 3: The middle, and let the bullpen do the rest.
Speaker 2: Yes River Ryan got the start four him two third innings, two runs, five hits, four strikeouts, three walks through seventy five pitches. The Dodgers' offense gave River Ryan the early lead thanks to Key K and.
Speaker 5: The strange hits the ball to the gap in left center field. That ball is going to get down for a hit and past the center fielder bla Day around third and coming into scores. Hernandez looks around third he'll score and Key K Hernandez comes up with a two hot, two run double and the Dodgers strike first this afternoon. It is two to nothing.
Speaker 2: Two run double for KEYK on a two out pitch. RBIs the twenty two and twenty three Dodgers with a two to nothing lead, but Brent Rooker a two run home run in the bottom of the first sitting off River Ryan, that even the score. Dodgers and A's were tied at two. In the top half of the third inning, Cavin Biegio and Rbi single with an two count and two out to the inning that drove in Jason Hayward as the Dodgers took a three two lead. Now River Ryan would take that lead, put up a zero in the fourth and the fifth got into a little trouble, loaded the bases with two out, so Dave Roberts going to one of his high leverage relievers and Evan Phillips to get the final out of the inning comes in bases loaded, two outsmitting seeing Brent Rooker.
Speaker 5: Kier Meira over toward right center a few steps left center field gap opened one two pitch inside corner got him with a sweeper call strike three. Rooker standing at all plate, face to face with umpired Dan Bollino, and he strikes out looking with the bases loaded, and Evan Phillips throws water onto the fire of the.
Speaker 2: Athletics won a strikeout by Evan Phillips gets Brent Rooker looking with the bases loaded to end the thread. That's the top tier play of the game, sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. The three to two Dodgers lead with all they need is the Dodgers bullpen allowed one base runner over four to third innings of relief. They struck out six along the way as the Dodgers hang on and get the win. Yesterday, three to two, Alex Vesi, the winning pitcher, Anthony Bonda, picks up the save after he pitched the ninth inning. Dodgers take two to three in Oakland. They go three and five on the road trip. They maintain their four and a half game lead in the division, and tonight they're back home for the start of a big three game series against the Phillies. Tyler klass Now gets the ball first pitch, coming up at seven to ten and with more We head out to the Galloping Motors broadcast booth as we hear from Steven Nelson and say hello to Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, Thank you Tim.
Speaker 6: Great to be back home.
Speaker 7: Gorgeous afternoon and evening on tap here at Dodgers Stadium in a big series on tap at Dodger Stadium Rick Monday, the Dodgers and Phillies. These two teams met at the Bank in Philadelphia just a few weeks ago, and the Phillies took it to the Dodgers in every single facet of the game. Dodgers have an opportunity for some payback.
Speaker 8: You know what's strange and just preparing for this game, you know, earlier today and looking at the different numbers, and you can take all the numbers. The biggest number is both these teams are leading their respected divisions and for the Phillies six games in front of Atlanta, for the Dodgers four and a half in front of San Diego. And yet these are two teams that have not played particularly well. I mean, the Dodgers had on July twenty fourth and eight and a half game lead. If you look at the Phillies on July twenty seventh, they led the Eastern Division by nine and a half games. Victories have not come easily to either one of the teams. And I think that you know, the Dodgers, they win each of the last two games in Oakland. Now looks like they're firing on all cylinders. That is much needed and much anticipated, no question about it.
Speaker 5: I think the.
Speaker 8: Phillies followed basically into the same category.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Since the Dodgers left Philadelphia, only the Chicago White Sox have been worse than the Philadelphia Phillies, which is really crazy to fathom. And so then from a Dodgers fan standpoint, excuse me. You think about the struggles of the last road trip and the malaise that they've been on the last couple of months. They're only one and a half back of the Phills for the top spot in the National League.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, and you know, both these bunk clubs trying to define the solution because they are much much better. Yes, granted, you know, the Phillies are getting some people back off the injured list. I think of Real Mudo right off the top of my head, their catcher. He's not in the lineup tonight. He just came back on Saturday, so kind of working him back and forth on that end of it. And the Dodgers are they got some people that are close to coming off the injured list. The biggest edition is tonight, and it's great news because Freddie Freeman returns to the lineup. That's not the greatest news the greatest news is that his son Max is doing much much better. He is out of the hospital. Freddie Freeman met with the media here this afternoon. This is going to be an emotional evening for Freddie Freeman and his family. The good news is Max is doing better. That's phenomenal news.
Speaker 7: To make room for Freddie's return from the family emergency list, the Dodgers did designate Kevin Bigio for assignment, So again Calvin Bigio DFAE. Freddie Freeman is back. But as Moe just alluded to, Maximus Freeman Max Strong, all the shirts to the Dodgers are wearing during the pregame warm ups, batting practice, and infield Max Strong across the front Freeman and five below. You can only imagine what the last week plus has been like for Freddy, for Chelsea, for the entire Freeman family. But as Freddie told the Immediate earlier today, he would not be the fact that he is here it means that Max is on the way to recovery. The doctors say that he's supposed to be a full recovery for the young three year old, and for that we are all thankful, the Dodgers' family. We're gonna step aside for a little breather here, Tim Kates, get it back to you. On the other side, we'll talk about the outstanding pitching matchup that we have tonight. Tiler Glass now and Aaron Nola.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks a lot, Nelly. As we came down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shakys dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you will hear it from Freddie Freeman and his press conference earlier today. You'll also hear from the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Vassa throughout the show. He'll go one on one with Key k Hernandez. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup, but the numbers. But up next you Tani Rewind and we'll visit with sports and at LA's Kirson Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Phillies first pitch from Dodgers stadiums at seven ten.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 10: I'm Tim Kats's, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network, its Lorongo Casino, Dodgers On, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Phillies. On this Monday night, the start of a big three game series. Two best teams in the National League squaring off. Tyler Glass now Aaron Nola. The pitching matchup in the series opener. First pitch set for sevent ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewy Well.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers beat the A's on Sunday three to two. Key k Hernandez delivered with the two run double in the first Inny. Kevin Beegio with an RBI single in the third. A quiet afternoon for shohe Otani, who went o for fourth, a couple of strikeouts, still about a three oh six on the season, and still part of the thirty thirty club which he joined over the weekend. Thirty plus home runs, thirty plus stolen bases. Yo Tani rewind brought to you by Eto ns Oyo Ja, Japan's number one green tea and the tea the Shoe Otani Loves and drinks available your local Diso stores, Amazon and Eto in dot com.
Speaker 3: That's I T O E N dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: And Kirson now joins us from the stadium before this series opener. It's a big one, Dodgers and Philly is. More on that in a second. But the big news today Freddie Freeman is back.
Speaker 4: Yes, Freddie Freeman is back and he took the time to speak with the media this afternoon just giving everyone an update on how his son Maximus is doing. He said, we received an update from his wife Chelsea over the weekend, say meant they were out of the of the ICU and so they was back home. So that was first just really really big news for everyone to know that Maximus is doing better.
Speaker 9: Today.
Speaker 4: Freddie said that with him returning to the team, he was very clear that the organization was very much like you need to be with your family, So do what you need to do and we will be here when you're ready to return. And he said that him being back here means that his son is continuing to progress in the right direction. He started visical therapy, so he's making his way back. He's got his smile and his energy, all of that but Freddie was very honest with us, and it was really emotional because he said that, you know, obviously, for those listeners who are parents, whenever you see a child or someone does you love and care about seeing them suffer, there are times where you just want to do anything that you can't remove that pain. And he wanted that so badly for his son, and he obviously he couldn't do that. So just to have to experience that, our hearts have been with Freddy and his wife Chelsea and all of their kids throughout this entire time. But to know that Max that he is recovering, he's recovering very well, that is just a beautiful thing. And so that means that Freddy now gets to be back with his teammates. They all surprised him wearing Max Strong T shirts and he said that definitely made him cry. But just to see the support that he has been feeling the last ten days, to see it in person, just with all of his teammates, it was really special.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt about that. They're glad to have him back, glad that his son is feeling better. Dodgers had to make a corresponding move. Kirsten and Cavin Viggio.
Speaker 4: Dav It, Yeah, he was, and Dave Robert said that that was a tough conversation from what we've been seeing from Kevin, especially at these last what ten to fifteen days, with him stepping up with Freddie Freeman being down. He was holding down first base and he had proven that, you know, he was getting his back going, moving in the right direction. But he is someone, where Dave said, he is a professional, So it was sad to see him go. But obviously we're all very grateful for what he did while he was with the team. But you know, this is a conversation that we're going to be having quite a few times and in near future, because not only is Freddie Freeman back, Miguel Rojas is likely going to be back in the next couple of days. We're going to see some bullpen arms making their way back. Bruis Dark Grattarol and Michael Grove will be back pretty soon one potentially even tonight I mentioned Miguel Rojas. Mookie Betts is going to be back in a couple of weeks. So we're going to be seeing a lot of movement with the roster. So unfortunately, I think we might be having quite a few of these conversations, but hey, that's the name of the game. It's a competitive one and this team wants to win. So if that's what they're gonna have to do, and then they'll do it.
Speaker 2: It's a good problem when you got too many guys on the roster for only twenty six spots.
Speaker 3: Kirsten, we appreciate it.
Speaker 10: We'll check you with you after the game.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans and hands, you're listening to experienced by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. We'll hear from Keith g Hernandez. But up next we'll get you more of an injury report and we'll get the pregame thoughts of the Dodger skipper Dave Roberts. That's all coming up, Dodgers Billies, first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Brongo Casino Dodgers on deck continues as he leads up the first pitch on this Monday night, Dodgers back home start a homestand three games series against the Phillies. Brongo Casino Resort and Spy Grand Slam for good times. Tyler Glass now on the mountain the series opener. We'll dive deeper to that pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 9: This is the La Dodgy Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy, Official Medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Chris Taylor on the IEL at the left groinstrain. Miguel Rojas is soon to come off the IEL from that right forum tightness. Mookie Betts is getting closer to coming off the I L. Looking like the next road trip in Milwaukee Ocean. Oba Yamamoto on the IEL with the strained rotator Craft Walker Buehler on the IL with the sword him. Michael Grove working his way back on the IL with the lats soortness, Max Munsey, Bruce dar Gratol, and Ryan Brazier also working their way back from the sixty day I L. All right, let's tap back out to Dodger Stadium and get the pregame thought to the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 1: Any questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 4: The dugouts with Dave Robberts, Dave, we spoke with Freddie Freeman earlier and just the emotions when his family has gone through over these last ten to fifteen days. How he's doing. I know you guys have talked a lot about him taking the time he needs, but with his return with these Max Strong just how have you seen your players truly not only just embrace their brother, their teammate, but really half is back in this moment and really true scare.
Speaker 11: I've seen it firsthand. First off, it's obviously great to have Freddie back, and judging by that press conference, he is certainly he has a heavy heart. I think there's a lot of relief in the sense of where Max is at right now, being back at home. He's back to being able to do what he loves to do, and that's played baseball. Really excited to see this Max Strong shirt in my locker. And to your point about you know the support of his teammates and coaches. Everyone's wearing it, and it's just good to have him back. And I do think that there is a little bit of, you know, therapy part of it as far as being here in a little diversion from his family reality, just getting back.
Speaker 4: To playing baseball, kind of giving that separation. When you think about just this matchup, obviously we saw what happened in Philadelphia. How are you hoping to whether it's right the wrongs or just get that going, especially against this team here in Los.
Speaker 11: Angeles good ball club, certainly, as we know that they got the best of us in Philly. I think, you know, for us tonight, it's you know, Glass goes out there and pitch us well and puts us in a good spot and get some timely hits. Nola's been a thorn in our side, always admired, you know, him as a competitor. So it's not going to be easy, but you know, coming off a serious win, I feel good about this series.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 2: There's Dave Roberts talking about returner Freddie Freeman in this big three game series against the Phillies. Down the dug Out, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right. He's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let's Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more Service Titan dot Com. When we continue here.
Speaker 10: On Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with David Veastiata.
Speaker 3: Well here from Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 2: So lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Phillies of Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 9: This is Ma Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: Law Dodgers and Phillies.
Speaker 3: Tyler glasnow Aaron Nola.
Speaker 2: The pitching match up two best teams in the National League squaring off the umpiring crew for tonight's game. Brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family. First pitch Dodgers Phillies coming up at seven.
Speaker 9: Ten, Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 12: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 9: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, DV. Certainly an emotional day.
Speaker 2: The return of Freddie Freeman and he had a chance to talk to the media earlier.
Speaker 12: Yeah, an emotional Freddie Freeman. And we saw as you saw Freddie wearing the Max straw T shirt and on the back it had number five and Freeman written across it. That was made up by somebody inside the clubhouse. The players, the coaches, the staff all wearing that in support a Max Freeman. And here's part of what Freddie Freeman said. And Freddie went on for about thirty five minutes as Freddy does an open book, just spilling his emotions and the timeline of everything that he, Chelsea and Max Freeman had to deal with.
Speaker 13: The wins that we've been getting the last three days have helped me mentally with my family, Chelsea saying, so, I think that's why I'm able to be here, because of knowing Max is going to be okay. So maybe when I step on through those lines, I can focus for three hours. I think I can. I've been through a lot in my life. I can compartment lives pretty good. Knowing your son is at home, okay. I think that will help.
Speaker 3: No doubt.
Speaker 12: And here at the stadium, I'm sure it's going to be emotional. When Freddy steps to the plate. But everybody is happy to see Freddy Freeman back because that means Max Freeman is on the way back too.
Speaker 2: No doubt about a great news to have both at Max at home and Freddy at the ballpark. Team is driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, his choices by yours of the Ford. F one to fifty gas hybrid or all electric tough This mark can only be called F one fifty. Freddie Freeman's back, and the Dodgers' health wise looks like they're going to start getting guys trickling back in How far away is Mookie Bets TV?
Speaker 12: He is extremely close. We saw him here taking ground balls. He's going to be part of a simulated game on Thursday. And I had a chance to catch up with Mookie Betts after he was done with his pregame work about the possibility he may not be the Dodgers shortstop when he returns.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean I haven't talked to talk about it.
Speaker 14: I mean, there's a lot of guys that can play short here, so you know, if that's not in the cars, then you.
Speaker 3: Know that's cool.
Speaker 14: I'm just gonna that's the best position for me. I can go from there anywhere else. So I just prepare and wherever I land is where I land.
Speaker 12: And just talking to people around the Dodgers tim it's not a foregone conclusion that Mookie Bets won't be the shortstop when he comes back. He's had a lot of time to work on a better throw during this injury period of time, and I wouldn't rule out the fact Mookie Bets comes back to play shortstop. But also the Dodgers will use Miguel Rojas as well there. So the Dodgers want to see what they still have in Mookie Bets at shortstop. But if he's not the Dodgers shortstop, if Gavin Lux continues to hit the way he has been hitting since the All Star Break, the only other position for Mookie Betts is in right field.
Speaker 3: I no doubt about it. Dave.
Speaker 2: This is a big matchup against Philadelphia. We talked a couple weeks ago when they were in Philadelphia and the Dodgers got swept. It was in a three game series, full of emotion in Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Was rocking there as this is big park.
Speaker 2: This two teams a little different than that matchup, just two and a half three weeks ago.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the Phillies are slumping in a big way. The Dodgers are only a game and a half back of Philadelphia for the best record in the National League. But talking to Andrew Freeman earlier today, he said he's not putting a lot of stock in this series because the Dodgers are still that whole. The way the Dodgers lineup looks tonight is not the way it would look in an October series against Philadelphia. We're all excited about the two best teams in the National League playing each other here at Dodgers Stadium, But just like in Philadelphia, the pitchers, the Dodgers through out there, the players they had out there are not the same players they are going to have even on their next road trip.
Speaker 6: In a week.
Speaker 12: So enjoy this series, have fun with this series, but don't put a lot of stock in this series.
Speaker 2: This roster is gonna look different, especially in the bullpen dv right because they're gonna start getting back. Maybe Graderol Brazier grow three new arms to add to the bullpen.
Speaker 12: More importantly, fresh arms, right tim, because the aging veterans and Daniel Hudson, Blake trin In and even Alex Vessia's velosity has dipped here in the last week or so. They need a kind of a breather so for them to get back those pitchers. Graderol had a breakout season last year and has not thrown one single pitch this year. To get him back is huge for this bullpen, along with Michael Kopek and Evan Phillips getting back on track. Those are power arms coming out of the bullpen, and you need power arms to win in October.
Speaker 3: No no doubt about David.
Speaker 2: Great stuff will check back you with you in just a little bit. Coming up here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You'll hear from Key k Hernandez Well break down this pitch he magic with Aaron Nola going against Tyler Glass now, but I'm next you Dodgers' magical moment well leading up to Dodgers in Philly, his first pitch in the ravine at seven ten.
Speaker 10: I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Leading up to Dodgers and Phillies on this Monday night, start.
Speaker 3: Of a three game set, beginning of.
Speaker 2: A six game homestand with the Pirates in town over the weekend, Tyler glassnow gets to start tonight. Will dive deeper into the numbers coming up in just a little bit here from Keithy Heernandez as well.
Speaker 3: First pitch set for seven ten.
Speaker 9: I who wants It's time for the Hawfe.
Speaker 1: Magical Moment, Bitch Magical Magical presented by Hawby Hot Jobs.
Speaker 2: Well we go back to last year May third, twenty twenty three. Dodgers taking on the Phillies. Max Munsey with a grand Salami.
Speaker 5: The infield is in, theatfield is surprisingly deep.
Speaker 9: Mounsey with a fly ball.
Speaker 15: All right, there's gonna be a walk off grand slam over the snow walling right, A big celebration awaits BUNSI rounding third. His team is now gonna round them to bits.
Speaker 2: Max Muntsey with the grand slam in the bottom of the ninth inning to walk off the Phillies off. Guess who, Craig Camberl That's right. Bruce Dargraderol got the win as the Dodgers, who.
Speaker 3: Were leading going to the ninth gave up the lead.
Speaker 2: Only to walk it off with a Grand Slam in a ten to sixth victory. That is the first walk off Grand Slam by a Dodger in thirteen years since Andre Ethier did it in twenty ten against the Brewers. The last walk off home run before that was the twenty twenty one NL Wildcard Game at Dodger Stadium when c T three did it.
Speaker 3: By the way, though that.
Speaker 2: May third walk off grand Slam last year the last walk off home run for a Dodger player. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, a so Cal treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Haffey hot Dogs. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check back in with Rick Monday. We're leading you up to first pitch Dodgers and Phillies on this Monday night. I'm Tim Katesi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 9: Is Laurento Casino.
Speaker 1: Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Phillies started a three game set. Tyler Glass now on the mound. Dodgers have made a move. Just in the last few minutes. They've made it official. Dodgers have placed right hander Blake Trining on the injured list with a left hip discomfort. So Blake Trynon placed on the injured list left hip discomfort, taking his spot. Bruised dar graderol his first time this season he has been activated. He comes off the sixty day IL. You've been battering soldier injuries and short and is all season long. Is first time he has activated, and he is now back in the Dodgers bullpen. Bruce dar ground role activated. Blake Tryning goes to the IL with left hip discomfort. Dodger fans, start your future to California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, sometimes even the red Yeah, time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, So enrolled today and I can go to college dot.
Speaker 1: Com and now joined by David Bassaying. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 12: Rick, It's great to be back with you, but especially great to be back at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 8: Well, it always is and I think the Dodgers the home remedy. Let's go with that quote unquote, the home remedy is to come back home. Because the Dodgers did not start up this road trip well at all that they just completed. They won two of the last three that was in Oakland against the A's, and don't discount the factors, say, well, it was the Oakland A's last place in the Western Division. The A's since a certain date in July had played some of the best baseball in Major League Baseball itself. And I've always said this is that the good teams, when you go into a town, they're waiting for you, and they understand that. The Dodgers come in first place in the Western Division the National League, and the first game of that series, and really all throughout that series too, is that the A's were up to the task. They played as well as you can possibly play.
Speaker 12: Rick, it feels like there's more optimism around the Dodgers for a few different reasons. Not only winning two out of three in Oakland, but how about yesterday the bullpen allowing just one hit. I heard you and Tim never talking about that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the bullpen did a good job. If you look at the middle game of that series, Dodgers ran away with it. But they ran away in the ninth any in particular, by stringing some bass hits together. I thought there was a more urgent message from one batter to the other about making contact. I thought that they were much more selective, because if you look at how the Dodgers entered that last game, that being yesterday, in that series, the Dodgers had struck out eighty eight times in the first number of games on that road trip. And I mean that comes down to, you know, if you add the fact that they struck out eleven times yesterday, which was actually a little bit less number. I mean, you're looking at thirty three innings on this last road trip, a total of thirty three innings that there was nothing but strikeouts.
Speaker 12: Good news Freddy Freeman is back to help us. Great even better news that his son is on the way back to recome.
Speaker 8: Absolutely absolutely, And I know that you were there with the media when Freddy talked to the media for a considerable period of time and he opened up his heart. And the nice thing is and one of the things we'll talk about when he walked into the locker room today on every locker. On the front it said Maximus and on the back it was Freeman number five. Freeman said he broke into tears when he saw that because this is a very supportive organization. It's a very supportive team that he is part of, and I think also the community. I think it's going to be something to look at the first a bat that Freddie Freeman goes to home Plate tonight. I think it's going to be an emotional thing and I believe they will turn off the pitchclock because I think there's going to be a thunderous roar for Freddie. In his statement from the fans here that they're just tickled to death, a lot of answers to prayers and good thoughts that their family is is recovering now. Max is on the road to recovery. Is going to take a while, but he's out of danger. And for every parent, there's nothing worse than having your child in a helpless situation, no.
Speaker 12: Doubt, And that's a great sign that Freddie's here because that means Maximus is on his way back.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 8: Let me ask you something on a lighter side, much lighter side, does the name Harold Arlen register at all to you. No, no, no, no, well he could have gone on honeymoon. I mentioned that name with us on the radio side, because it was on this date that Harold Arlin, a staff announcer for KDKA and Pittsburgh on their radio station nineteen twenty one, was the first ever broadcast of a Major League baseball game. We should all recognize the name of Harold Arlind because he was a staff announcer. They said it, Katieka, look we're going to do the first broadcast of a of a Major League baseball game. And he did the broadcast this day.
Speaker 12: KDKA, I believe is the hub in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 8: Correct, absolutely, yeah, yeah. So the Pirates won by the way, eight to five. Guess who they beat. The team that the Doctors will beat tonight, the Phillies.
Speaker 12: I love it. Rick, thanks a lot for stopping by. We'll check back in with you.
Speaker 8: You see again, David, welcome home.
Speaker 12: Hey, thank you, Rick. Santa Monica was beautiful today. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Talk you all right, Thank you, guys.
Speaker 2: Doctors Baseball is brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speed Cash Dot Commerce stopping in LA area.
Speaker 3: Speedy Cash Store still to come here.
Speaker 2: On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Steven and Rink will be back and have the keys to the game.
Speaker 3: But I'm nice to go high and tightly.
Speaker 2: Key Gay Hernandez Dodgers Phillies first of three from the Ravine, first pitch coming up to seven ten and Tim Katson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers name.
Speaker 9: On your home for LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Baseball, Dodgers and Phillies.
Speaker 3: Tyler Glass now Aaron Nola.
Speaker 2: The pitching match up, first pitch coming up at seven to ten. Dodgers again activating Bruce dar Grederol off the injured list. Blake Trining goes on the injured list with hip disc come for the first time this season. The Bruce dar Grederol is activated and ready to go out of the Dodgers' bullpen. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles, rank number one one in California for pediatric care find the right doctor aschla or and now.
Speaker 9: What will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player, It's an engagement of endearment. This this high end tight.
Speaker 12: We're back at Dodger Stadium with the Dodgers and Key K Hernandez. This is Key K time August September and we all know October. Key K, thanks a lot for the time, appreciated.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess I didn't have a choice.
Speaker 12: All right, Well, I helped you out with your pregame drills while Dino Ebol was meeting with the media, and you're helping me out right now.
Speaker 16: Uh yeah, Now, I understand why you're a pro prilayer and you don't really love to criticize players, because I can see that you weren't very good at this game.
Speaker 6: So I appreciate you helping me out and all and h here we are now.
Speaker 12: I took it for granted. I was across from a really great defender, maybe the best versatile defensive player in Major League Baseball, and I was going too light on that baseball.
Speaker 6: That you use.
Speaker 16: It's okay, people, Uh, this is radio. People can't really see what happens. So let's get to business.
Speaker 6: Okay, key K.
Speaker 12: Dave Roberts said, the other day, you're playing your best baseball. Do you feel like you're starting to hit your stride at the right time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm definitely feeling better to play. Uh, you know.
Speaker 16: Getting this stretch of games in a row, and uh, this has definitely helped to get into a little bit of rhythm here. You know, of course, a roster is pretty beaten down right now and we're not playing great baseball, so uh, you know, I recognized right away that I was gonna you know, there was not a lot of people to to to cover third base, so I was gonna get a pretty good chance to play. And I realized that it was the right time to rise up to the occasion. And uh, you know, I'm playing probably the best best two three week stretch of games that I played this year, and I'm not trying to really think too much about it. I'm just trying to you know, go out there and keep having fun playing baseball and uh doing my part.
Speaker 12: Do you feel like the pitching, I know, we we have fun with that, Like that's part of having fun and just making you play loose and just play the game.
Speaker 6: Ah, Well, I guess, but not really.
Speaker 16: I just, uh, you know, the last two times, the two times I pitched this year, I've been in a little bit of an easier situation than.
Speaker 6: The only time I had pitched before in my career.
Speaker 16: So so it's easy to have fun when it's not a tide game and you're on the bump not really knowing what the heck you're doing. But uh, but yeah, I know, just it's just trying to you know, trying to enjoy the little things and uh, you know, trying to cherish each each moment. It's been a it's been a grind of a season for me. Offensively, I feel like defensively, I'd gotten back to to being the player that I've been throughout my career.
Speaker 6: I feel like last year was a little.
Speaker 16: Bit of an outlier, uh, especially because of you know, I don't like to play excuses, but the reality was that I was hurt and I wasn't really understanding why I was struggling defensively. But uh, you know, at least this year i've been I've been doing you know, what I usually do defensively everywhere, and uh, you know, obviously it was about performing at the plate and you know, the last two weeks have been have been better, so uh, you know, hopefully we can build off that and uh, you know, keep it going so that Uh, I'm locked in when when the real fun starts.
Speaker 12: Kay, I love the way you play the game, but I also love what you bring in the clubhouse. And I know everybody talks about you know, your great personality, your joyful personality. But it feels like at this point in time of the season, you bring the edge and urgency this team needs. Do you feel that Do you feel like this team needs a little bit more of that?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 16: I mean, yeah, I believe we need urgency, We need to we need edge. It's easy, you know, when we look at the our last month or so of baseball, we've been pretty inconsistent. We've been like you know, as a team, we've been up and down, and and I feel like it's easy for us to, you know, forget who we are as a team and and and forget that we're right right among the top of best teams in the league. And I think sometimes we forget to show that on the field. And you know, I think obviously getting close closer to to October and all that bring some some sense of urgency in me as well. But I think the fact that my season has been such a grind and filled with struggles that seeing all the injuries happen, it was kind of a wake up call for me and it was.
Speaker 6: Time to get going.
Speaker 16: Otherwise, you know, uh, opportunities and my career is gonna you know, get shortened out. But that's something that's out of their control and you try not to think about it. But definitely, I it helped me open my eyes and bring some sense of urgency on the field and when I playing, so hopefully I can keep it going.
Speaker 12: Key K, great to catch up with you. City of Los Angeles embraces you every time you're out there and they love you. So this is your second home and appreciate the time.
Speaker 6: Oh thanks Dave.
Speaker 12: There he goes the man, Key K Hernandez, we were teammates to for five minutes. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Yeah you got DFA Dave.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's a game day, it's group day at Shaky's. Dot Com. The Dodgers did make a move just a little while ago. Bruce dark graderol activated for the first time this season. He had been battling a shoulder injury all year. He gets activated. Blake Trining goes to the il with hip discomforts. All right, Lead, you have to first pitch Dodgers and Phillies. When we come back, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All season.
Speaker 2: Off Dodgers Phillies start of a three game set. Two top teams in the National League, Square and off. First pitch. It's seven to ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dinet, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four to Komas Year Toyota Dealer Today they make it easy. Aaron Nola on the Male eleven and four three forty three ERA thirty one year old right hander in his tenth season in the Big Leagues, making his twenty third start. Last time out five and two third, eightings, two runs, seven hits, four strikeouts and a no decision against the Yankees. He's making his eleventh career start against the Dodgers. He is three and one with a four to twelve ERA in seventy strikeouts. He faced the Dodgers last month in Philadelphia six innings, one run, four hits, nine strikeouts in a win at Citizens Bank Park. Tyler glasst now on the Mount eight and six, three point fifty ERA, thirty year old right hander. Ninth season in the Big Leagues. He has made twelve quality starts already for the Dodgers this year. He's in his third right now in the major leagues and batting average against. He is fourth in the Big leagues in whip in fifth in the Big leagues in strikeouts with one hundred and fifty five. Last time out, seven innings, three runs, six hits, eight strikeouts and a no decision against the Padres Tonight, his first time facing the Phillies since two thy eighteen. Dodgers Phillies were fifteen minutes away from first pitch keys to the game with Steven and Rick Gardnext, I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 10: This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack On, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Phillies. Tyler Glass Now Aaron Nola.
Speaker 2: The pitching matchup two top teams in the National League squaring off here in early August. Dodgers fans and hands are listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelino's lacare dot Org. All right, let's head back out to the booth. Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday, guys, All.
Speaker 7: Right, TC Dodgers in Phillies, Game one fast approaching here at Dodgers Stadium and Rick Monday. Our previous segment we talked about the biggest news in Dodger Nation is the return of Freddy Freeman thanks to the improving health of his young son Maximus. He and Fred and Chelsea elated at that news. Obviously, after too much time in the ICU, Max is on the road to recovery. Now, Freddy says his swing.
Speaker 3: Has felt good the past couple of days.
Speaker 7: We'll see how it works against the curve ball of one Aaron Nola.
Speaker 6: Tonight's Fildalp.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's no question about it. And we'll talk more and more about Freddy Freeman and his family as the game continues. For Tyler Glass, now you start to look at Glass now now his third start off the injured list and the lower back stiffness. He pitched very well on Tuesday. Yes, he gave up three runs, but he went seven innings. He wound up having a no decision because the book Ben could not hold the lead at that particular time, but he pitched well enough to get the victory. And then you look at the flip side of the coin. The Dodgers have to figure out how to get to Aaron Nola, in particular with that good curve ball that he has. Dodgers have seen him plenty of times in the past. But for Nola, first of all, he does not walk a great number of batters one hundred and thirty six in the third innings, He's walked only thirty four. He struck out almost a batter per inning if you look at the overall score things. I think the Dodgers the last two games, they put their theory back into play, keeping the line moving and not trying to hit the ball out of the ballpark all the time. It looked like they were going more contact than you needed tonight.
Speaker 7: I don't care how poorly these two teams are playing coming into this series. It's a heavyweight bout the top two teams in the National League. The Dodgers only one and a half back of the Phillies entering this three game set.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dodgers and Philly is getting ready to square off. The Dodgers start the night with a four and a half game lead in the division over both the Diamondbacks and the Padres. But look out for those pesky Giants. They have now won two in a row, eight of their last ten, and they're only nine games back in.
Speaker 3: The NL West.
Speaker 2: It's August fifth, but the Dodgers first place in the NL West, battling it out with the other top team in the National League, the Philadelphia Phillies. Tyler Glass now Aaron Nola first pitch is next. Enjoy the game, everybody, don't forget afterward. David Vasa's got you cover with all the postgame highlights, reaction and Dodgers as well. I'm Tim Kates has been Rongo Causino Dodgers on Deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network