Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray on w Busy Radio.
Speaker 2: Nicole. I'm just not ready for basketball or hockey. I feel like, let's get the baseball season over with, Let's get the football season goaling, and then we'll do basketball and hockey. I don't know. Things are just different seasons for different sports. It can be confusing. Good evening, everybody, and welcome on in. My name is Dan Ray. Basketball. I'm like, who's playing at the garden tonight? All right, Well, yeah, it's a busy night out there. We got a busy show lined up for you. My name is Dan Ray and the host of night Side, Rob Brooks back at his familiar position back at Broadcast Central, all set to get your phone call started. After nine o'clock, we'll be talking with John Zogby, an extraordinary polster, along with Dave Palo Logus and Spencer Kimball to three polsters that we really rely upon. And we'll have an interesting conversation with John Zogby on this the second night of the Dinner Crotic National Convention in Chicago. So we'll get to all of that. We have lots to talk about what happened last night, when it happened James Taylor didn't make the stage. Come on, how can you pass up James Taylor. Well, we'll deal with that beginning at nine o'clock. We're going to start off tonight talking about an actress, a young actress who has just revealed she's the star of a program called boy Meece World. Her name is Danielle Fischel, and she reveals a breast cancer diagnosis. And joining us now from the Massachusetts General Hospital is doctor Matthew Strickland to talk about this and our young women, particularly, are they being diagnosed with breast cancer earlier than they have been in the past. And doctor Strickland, welcome to Night's Out. How are you tonight?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great, Thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. I assume you're an oncologist or a cancer surgeon. I just I'm not familiar with your background, and I want to make sure I don't assume anything. Tell us a little bit about your particular area of practice of practice at mass General.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course, So I'm a medical oncologist, which means that I give patients medications or therapies through an IV to help fight their cancer. And I work closely with surgeons or radiation oncologists. But my focus is giving medicine to treat cancer.
Speaker 2: So my understanding is that in this particular actress, who I, frankly I'm unaware of. I'm told it's a very popular program, Boy Meets World, but I'm only five nights a week, Monday through Friday, so there's a lot of things that I don't see. I understand she's forty three years old. Is this a trend we're seeing that young women, younger women are getting diagnosed earlier with this this horrific form of cancer.
Speaker 3: Yes, actually that is the truth, and that is true not only for breast cancer, but for other types of cancer. We're seeing an alarming increase in what we call young adult onset, and broadly that's defined as ages between eighteen forty nine years old. And so there's a lot of research effort or way to try to figure out what's driving this. We're far from concrete answers, but we do have some ideas about what could be going on.
Speaker 2: Is this a worldwide phenomenon or is this a phenomenon that maybe an American phenomenon and may be more related to our diet and our environment.
Speaker 3: That's a really great question, and there's data that supports both sides of that argument, namely that a Western diet or something about the developed West could be driving this, but it's not one hundred percent of the answer, because we do see increases in incidents in other developing countries that are divergent our Western culture and diet, et cetera.
Speaker 2: The particular forms of cancer, and I assume when you say young adult, we're talking about men and women equally. Are there certain forms of cancers that seem to be appearing earlier in people's life cycles recently?
Speaker 3: Yes, definitely, so beyond breast cancer, which is certainly true for predominantly women, but breast cancer can happen in men as well. The broadly as a group, gaser intestinal cancers are one of the most concerning cancer types that fits this rising incidence.
Speaker 2: What can what can folks do about it? I mean, obviously, I guess I think I read something recently that they have reduced the recommended age for women to begin having regular mimographies. Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly right. And while it's not true for all cancer types, breast can answer generally is a cancer type where screening efforts will lead to earlier diagnoses and translate into better outcomes and basically saves lives. And so the ages for beginning thermography and other forms of screening have been lowered in recent years. I think that this is where Danielle Fischer is really an excellent role model. She when you look at the comments that she's made in the media, she's speaking loudly and proudly about checking in with your doctor, not ignoring routine screening and tests, and basically stayin, plugged in so that if something does come down the road, that you're equipped to deal with it and you're in the best position possible to deal with it. So I really applaud her and how she's speaking about this diagnosis with a lot of courage.
Speaker 2: The mind standing is that her diagnosis was called DCIS, which stands so docto mom in situ little Latin there as far I think figuring that one out, that is an early onset. She's in pretty good shape here as I understand it, because of how quickly it's been diagnosed correct.
Speaker 3: That's certainly the hope, and that you know, there's a very high chance that that's the case. Cancer is really a complex disease, and it exists on a continuum where if we can detect cancer in its earliest forms sometimes what we call a pre cancer, or a much better position to eradicate that and really put it in the rear view mirror for that patient. Now on the other side of the continuum, unfortunately, we do discover cancer at a very late stage where the disease has acquired the capacity to behave very aggressively, and it's in those contexts that it's much harder and often impossible to completely eradicate it for a patient. And so that's part of the complexity is when a patient comes to the clinic, we have to define exactly where their diagnosis is on that continuum, and then we have to respond in kind with a personalized treatment plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I have a friend of mine in South Dakota who about six months ago is diagnosed with a stage four sophageyield cancer. He had been a smoker, and he was They treated it aggressively and again he was at a hospital in South Dakota and he was pronounced yesterday cancer free, which to me is miraculous what doctors are able to do, whether it's here at the Mass General which you know, obviously is one of the great hospitals of the world, or the hospital that he was at in South Dakota. So I think I think a lot of it is also, and I'd be interested in your reaction to this, particularly in terms of what you do that a lot of it is the attitude of the patient, and if the patient says I'm going to beat this, that gives the patient an advantage. I believe in that. I'm sure there are no studies that support that, but from your observations, I'm sure that cancer diagnosis has to be incredibly difficult for anyone to hear. How important is the attitude for a patient once they have been diagnosed, whether it's early or late stage cancer.
Speaker 3: I completely agree with that sentiment. I do think that the attitude on the patient is paramount. I think that the family and the loved ones that surround the patient is a critically important component. And then as that patient and family meets their provider and usually what becomes quite a large multidisciplinary team, I think the therapeutic alliance that is formed between patient, family and those providers is critical and does lead to better outcomes. I think one of the biggest messages I would want folks to hear is that no matter what kind of call you get, whether it's an early stage or even a late stage cancer, there's an army of providers, doctors, nurses, etc. That are ready to help you. And it really can be as simple as picking up the phone for the closest comprehensive cancer care center and then getting plugged in and from that point on it should be fairly quick before a patient gets a personalized treatment plan that's right for them.
Speaker 2: Doctor Strickland, thank you so much for the work that you and your colleagues do at the Mass General and also the other doctors anywhere within the sound of a voice. It's amazing what you do and what you've dedicated your life to doing. So just on behalf of everyone, thank you for what you happen to do and the work that you've chosen as a as light as your life work. So again, I appreciate your answers tonight and your clarity, and I so much appreciate your dedication. Thank you so much, my friend.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me. I really enjoyed speaking with you, Doctor.
Speaker 2: Matthew Strickland of Massive General. Host When we get back We're going to talk about another problem, one that's probably not as serious, and that is the New England Patriots their upcoming season. I talked with Ben Volan the Boston Globe who wrote a very interesting article about the Patriots executive vice president of play a personnel, Elliott Wolf. Will dive deep into this one, Ben. Right after this break on Nightside, my name's Dan Ray. You're listening WBZ ten thirty. If you can't get us in the radio, you can always download the iHeartRadio app and pick us up anytime during the day. We're twenty four to seven. Been around doing this, well, not me, but the station has been around since nineteen twenty one. So we are now in what our one hundred and fourth year of broadcasting, first radio station to go on the year in New England.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray line from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, the football season is right around the corner. So when I picked up my Globe today and read Ben Volin's piece on Boston Globe writer, it's hard to be confident in the Patriots when Elliot Wolf doesn't project it. That is that that is not a harbinger of good things to come. Ben, Welcome to night Side.
Speaker 4: How are you doing great? Thanks for having me today, And you know what I think, even without me writing that column, I don't know if Patriots fans are going to be feeling too good about the team this season.
Speaker 5: It's it's going to be.
Speaker 4: A rebuilding year and maybe rebuilding a couple of years down in Foxborough.
Speaker 2: As the Red Sox would say, it's a bridge. It's a bridge to better times. So Elliott Wolf and people probably don't know Elliott Wolf too much. He's not the general manager. He's an executive VP of player personnel. But he comes from pretty good lines. His dad was Ron Wolf, who was a packer general manager for many years. So you said you pictured him and I read this the other day. I read this today rather at a news conference feeling a little shaky. Now. I've covered a few news conferences in my time, politicians and a few sports figures. It can be a little intimidating. Does he exist question? It's in one on one conversations. Privately, was that was it like the glare of the lights and the intensity of the question is to throw him off? Or what do you think?
Speaker 5: I mean?
Speaker 4: I think Elliott Wolf and you're right. He does come from impressive an impressive family. His dad, Ron Wolfe, is in the NFL Hall of Fame. He was the general manager of the Green Bay Packers for a long time and helped them horse racing.
Speaker 2: We call that, we'd call that good bloodlines, right.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, exactly. So Elliott's been around NFL front offices since he was ten years old. He's now in his forties. He's a sharp guy. I've talked, I've talked to him before. He's everyone and everyone he talked to around the league says he's, you know, close to brilliant. They talk about how he has a like a photographic memory about football prospects. Just can you know, recount high weight speed, you know, and you know a fact about the guy like you know any name you pull up from over the years. So he's a very smart guy. And I think he was just nervous yesterday because or when he spoke on Tuesday on Sunday, excuse me, he was nervous because he knows that the team isn't in a good spot right now. This this is a team where yes, they potentially found a franchise quarterback in Drake May with the number three pick. But they you know, it was a very untraditional offseason. They didn't really go out and find a left tackle, they didn't do a ton at receiver. They did draft, you know, a couple of guys, but they still have a lot of holes on the roster. And then on top of it, you trade Matthew jun On last week for a draft pick. So now people start wondering are the Patriots tanking for this year. I didn't even care about their one boss record for twenty twenty four, So I think, you know, Elliott, who you know, hasn't spoken in press conferences too much. I think this was only his third or fourth since becoming Patriots general manager or the equivalent of it, and I just think he was afraid. He was just a little nervous about taking the questions because he knows that the team isn't in a great spot right now as it enters the twenty twenty four season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said, I think I assume it was. Stacy James wrapped the news conference, which was an obligatory news conference by NFL rules. Although he's not the general manager, he's kind of in that position. The news conference only lasted about eight minutes, right.
Speaker 4: He was under eight minutes and you know, longer.
Speaker 2: Than Kamala Harris's news conferences. We got to give it, got to give him that credit.
Speaker 4: At least well, But Kamala Harris isn't required by you know, by the rules to do a press conference either Elliott Wolf is. And that's that's been kind of disappointing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Elliott Wolf, like I said, is a sharp guy, and he's a friendly guy, and I think he do well if he spoke more regularly to the media instead of doing just the minimum required. And I don't know if that's his decision or if that's the organization's decision, but a little disappointing that it was supposed to be a media friendlier Patriots and really between Girodmeo and how they do media and Elliot Wolf, they're really just doing the minimum requirements. So, yeah, it was under eight minutes. They gave him the quick hook. There are a lot more questions we could have asked him or you know, followed up on some topics. You know, I don't expect a general manager, a head coach to be you know, completely transparent and truthful and revealing about everything that's going on.
Speaker 3: With his team.
Speaker 4: But I just thought that Elliott Wolf instead of just you know, kind of denying everything and acting like all as well, maybe if you were a little more realistic, it would have actually made him sound more confident in the direction of the team.
Speaker 2: So I'm concerned about the left tackle thing. I believe that, other than a quarterback, that's the most important position on the football team. Maybe I'm right, maybe i'm but that's the blindside position for a quarterback. Why did they not find someone? Is there's nothing out there that they can step up with a better left tackle and wasn't nothing available in the draft?
Speaker 4: Well, I will say that free agency wasn't great this year. That really in the NFL now, the players that get to free agency by and large are guys that their teams don't want anymore. So a lot of times you get you know, B and C level players who are looking for a level prices. So I don't necessarily blame them for not you know, signing some big left tackle and free agency, because I don't know if that person necessarily was available, But certainly in the draft they could have done more to look for a left tackle and just the plan overall, they signed a guy in free agency, and they drafted a kid in the third round, neither of whom have ever played left tackle. That's the issue, is that their career right tackle, and the Patriots plan apparently is just to take these guys and flip them over to the left side. I didn't assume that everything's going to be fine. You know, we'll see. I've talked to some coaches who think that the switch from right to left is you know, it can be overrated, that it's not that hard, that a good athlete and a good football player can do it. We've certainly seen guys, you know, even around here. I mean Trent Brown who's now gone. He played the left and the right side pretty well. But it's just, you know, you're you're drafting a quarterback at number three, and you're not surrounding him with the best pieces here. He doesn't have a level receivers, and he has a couple of fish out of water trying to figure out left tackle.
Speaker 5: So that's to me, that's.
Speaker 4: Probably why Drake May is going to start the season on the bench behind Jacoba Grissette. The Patriots needed to use the first few games, several games, maybe even the whole season to figure out exactly what they have on the roster, and you know, maybe by mid season the offensive line has settled down and one of these guys has stepped up and playing left tackle pretty well, then I think you can feel more confidence in putting Drake May in the game. But right now, with where the teams at, I'd be hesitant to throw Drake May to the Wolves right now because he's just they don't have a whole lot of pieces around him.
Speaker 2: I saw that mac Jones had a good, a good game with the Jaguars this past weekend, No second thoughts on that, right.
Speaker 4: You know, the preseason is important for something he's like with a young quarterback with Drake May, you want to see him get in and out of the huddle, run the offense, not have any pre snat penalties or delay of game penalties for a veteran like mac Jones coming in, and you know, tearing up the other team's second and third string defense doesn't mean a whole lot. So you know, I think, if anything, mac Jones probably just locked up the backup spot behind Trevor Lawrence. But you know, mac Jones was a good kid and his career started out well, But he's just too physically limited. He's not big, fast, doesn't have a big arm. You know, Drake May has all those things. Uh, he just looks like a bigger, more athletic version of Mac Jone. So even though Mac is putting up some numbers in these preseason games, I don't think the Patriots should have any second thoughts about Well.
Speaker 2: I was only I was only joking. I will always remember that last interception that he threw in in Germany in that game, the worst interception I think I've ever seen an NFL quarterback throw. Yeah, I think you know the play I'm talking about. Ben enjoyed the conversation. Love to have you back. As the season goes on, Can they win eight games this year in your opinion? Or no?
Speaker 6: Boy?
Speaker 4: Eight games feels like kind of a best case scenario. Injuries, you know, fall in their favor, and the offensive line figures itself out and the defense jels together, then yeah, maybe they could be eight and nine, But I think we're looking more at a four or five win team, and if injuries go the wrong way, this could be even uglier than that.
Speaker 2: Just remember remember this, Leon Gray and John Hannah walking through that.
Speaker 6: Door exactly exactly, so it could be a long season, but you know, hopefully you guys have your Fantasy football and Red Zone channel and there'll be plenty of entertaining football to watch.
Speaker 2: Sounds great, Ben, I enjoy the writing. The Globe is my favorite sports page. It's my go to section every morning, well before the front page, well before Metro, well before business. I'm in the sports page in large part because of you and Shaughnessy and DuPont and the whole gang there. So thanks so much for what you do. Appreciate it, Ben.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you very much. Appreciate you having me.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll have you back. We come back when we talk about a favorite here in New England, and that is King Richard's Fair. The New England Renaissance Festival opens this season August thirty. First. I remember going to that with my kids when they were young. We had a ball. It's a great take. We'll be talked with Ryan Roy of King Richard's Fair right after the news at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on w Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: King Richards is a staple of entertainment here in New England. Always late in the summer and into September with us is Ryan Roy. He's the production director office manager of King Richards Fair in Carver, Massachusetts, the New England Renaissance Festival. How long you guys been doing this? Ryan? Hey?
Speaker 7: There, we are going into our forty third season this year. We're so excited to be bringing back this wonderful, live outdoor entertainment here in Carver, mass You.
Speaker 2: Know, I've been to King Richard's Fair, particularly when my kids were young, and so we're talking probably thirty years ago. Does King Richards Fear move to other parts of the country. I never got a straight answer to that. Or as it just here as it's always been in Carver, Massachusetts and opens and closes and puts everything away for the rest of the year.
Speaker 7: You know, for us, is it is just in Massachusetts. For many of the performers and our artisans, they travel the country, they in fact travel the globe throughout the year, and then during the late late summer and early fall they get to come to Massachusetts and hang out with us and really put on a great show for everybody who comes to see them.
Speaker 2: I'm familiar with it, but why don't you describe some of the highlights. I love the jousting and the and the costumes and the people who just remain in character. It's it's a great experience, particularly for families in my opinion, but it's also a great experience for anyone. Tell people set the stage a little bit for folks.
Speaker 7: You know we are we are set in an eighty acre wooded site, so when you come to the fair itself, you're literally walking into a portal to the past. We love to create a fantasy world. This reality that is ours is amazing. It's great for families, like you said, it's great for the friends that just want to go out and have a good time, laugh at some shows, maybe have some incredible food and drink. One of the best things about King Richard's Fair is our two pound spit roasted turkey leg. When you think of the Renaissance, you think of a king holding a turkey leg, and it's available to you here at King Richard's Fair. Like when you come here you can feel like royalty. You get to walk around, sit at one of our eight stages throughout the fair and catch an incredible, incredible show, and when you're ready you can go and shop the artists and marketplace, and like I said, we have artisans from around the globe that come and showcase their wares here. It ranges anywhere from clothe eaters to pottery to taro and psychic readings, face painting of course for the children, and just really unique hanmade wares.
Speaker 2: Tell us about if you can the history take us back forty three years. Who came up with the idea to do that here? I'm sure, I'm sure that you were not there at the inception of King Richard's Fear, But I'm just curious what is the legend of how it started here in New England.
Speaker 7: It is a wonderful story. Actually, it goes back to our current producer, who is Bonnie Harris Shapiro. Both she and her husband, the late Richard Shapiro, who this fair is named after King Richard's Fair. He was the original King Richard.
Speaker 3: They came up with.
Speaker 7: An idea to build this Renaissance festival and to create joy for so many that get to come through the gates. It is still run by Bonnie and her daughter Amy, so it is a family run business. They've put their heart into it and it carries on to this day in his memory and I think one of the biggest things is his memory is joy and happiness for the people that come. That was always important to him. It's important to them, and it definitely shines through through the acts, through the artisans, through the food. Like when you think of good things, sometimes food is that thing, and it we have warm turkey stew that will warm your belly and warm your heart. And that was one of those things that they just really wanted.
Speaker 3: To give the people.
Speaker 7: And they're able to still do that, which is wonderful.
Speaker 2: So how late I know you start on August thirty first? Is that a Saturday? Correct? If I'm not mistaken or am I wrong on that?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 7: The fair runs weekends. We open on Saturday, August thirty first, and we run through Sunday, October twentieth, twenty twenty four this season. And we are also open on the Monday holidays of September two and I'llctober fourteenth.
Speaker 2: So this seven good weekends in there. And you know, again, I don't know if you even disclosed this, but I mean it's.
Speaker 4: I will actually correct you, it's it's eighth good week Well.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. That's right. You know, my math is a little off recently. Oh no, so over the course of of of a year, when they say your season, how many New England you know, I don't know if this is confidential information, it has to be thousands upon thousands of people that come there because it's pretty close off of Rout three and carverr I mean, the directions get pretty easy to get there.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 7: It's it's about forty five minutes to an hour south of Boston. It's about an hour east of Providence. So we get a great crowd coming from both of those areas. I would say over over the span of forty three years, hundreds of thousands, in fact, millions have probably come through the gate. And one of the other wonderful things is people come back a year after year. They love to join in on a fun King Richard and his friends produce a musical each year, so there's always some high jinks that happened. It's a wonderful musical comedy up on the King stage and it follows, it follows King Richard and his friends throughout the years.
Speaker 2: Well that's great, So how can folks get tickets? What's the easiest way is it? Is it walking up or do you got to get them in advance.
Speaker 7: The best thing to do is to check out our website that is King Richard's Fair dot net and fairest spelt with an E, so that's King Richard's Fair with any dot net. On that page, you can click on a button that says purchased eye tickets and then you just go from there. We do have date specific tickets, so for those folks that want to plan ahead, it's very easy to do.
Speaker 2: And by the way, King Richard's Fear all one were I F A, I R E dot net no apostrophe, I assume on King Richards.
Speaker 3: You are correct, all right.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it very much, Ryan, You're a great presenter of what an exciting and great event this is. I really loved it with my kids, and maybe I'll get my gri grandson back there at some point in the next few years. He's only two, but I think once he gets to about four or five, we're going to be there.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much, well, thank you so much for having me, and we look forward to seeing so many of you this season. Once again, we're open from August thirty first all the way to October twentieth, and we're looking forward to a wonderful year with all of you.
Speaker 2: Sounds great, Ryan, once again, thank you so much, appreciate it. When we get back, we're going to talk about conquering self sabotage by overcoming five hazardous attitudes. We're going to talk about an author, speaker coach who is also formerly a commercial airline pilot. If you have some bad attitudes, we're going to identify them and help you get rid of them. Right after this break on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, so, our final guest during this eight o'clock hour, this Nightside News Update hour is Ricky Brown. He's an author, speaker, coach of former commercial I assume airline pilot, and he's going to talk about five hazardous attitudes ways to win the war within. Welcome Ricky Brown to Nightside. How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm great, sir, Thanks for having.
Speaker 2: Me so one of these five hazardous attitudes? Do we all have the potential for these five hazardous attitudes? Or do we have one or more of them? Give us an explanation of that.
Speaker 5: Well, the good news here, I've only met one person in my entire life that had all five, Well, that should put everyone at rish. Okay. Five hazardous attitudes were originally developed by the FAA and they are still required today for every single pilot before they can get licensed. They found that almost eighty percent of plane crashes have involved at least one or more of these five hazards attitudes. So that's why they are important, because if an attitude can crash an airplane, then they can crash a business, a marriage, or relationship, or a career. And so I just wanted to make a tool there was previously only available to pilots available to everyone so that we can learn how to overcome them.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what are the hazardous attitudes?
Speaker 5: So macho is one. It's an over inflated sense of sufferability, and it causes people to take unnecessary risks.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's a good one. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, you don't want, you know, you never want to hear your pilot say hey, watch right.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, we're going to do a little loop de loop here about seven forty seven No no no no, no.
Speaker 5: Right, right, So you've got invulnerability which says consequence has happened, but they won't happen to me.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that's kind of close to the manco thing actually, but go ahead? What else? What else?
Speaker 5: We got impulsivity? It causes people to act before.
Speaker 2: They think, yeah, that's not a good thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, then you've got anti authority, which says you can't tell me what to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear you on that. I definitely hear you on that. And to some times, you know, let it be positive if someone in your in a position of authority over you is telling you to do something that you shouldn't do. But I'm by that little too. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: And then finally, resignation if the hasard's attitude. That causes people that feel they can't make a difference when they can't. So it says what's the youth?
Speaker 2: So like giving up? Is what? That sounds to me? Like giving up?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? So the issue with resignation is it causes us to prematurely end. What would otherwives have been successful?
Speaker 2: Did you learn about these rick? You were I assume a commercial airline pilot.
Speaker 5: Correct, So I was a commercial pilot, but I was on the private side, so I flew a private yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, absolutely, Well, that's that's a lot of responsibility. And did you learn about these in your in your time. Maybe you're still a pilot for all I know. Are you still a pilot or have you, you know, gone to to become a speaker and a writer exclusively.
Speaker 5: Speaker and writer full time.
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: But yes, they required us to know that these before we could get licensed. And then I was also a flight instructor, and so hey, here's why this is so important. For a flight instructor. You're going to take someone up in an airplane that does not know how to fly and hand them the controls, and your life is on board. And so these hazardous attitudes tend to arise in the flight environment. But here's the good news. Each of these hazardous attitudes also has a corresponding and to become the hazardous statitudes, And so these are applicable in business and education and ministry. I have just recently begun a series of talks at Tyler Perry Studios here in Atlanta for their mid level and executive level managers, because politan't the only people who sometimes crash, and so oftentimes when a person has a hazardous attitude, they are the last one to know. So this book is really all about self awareness and each of the hazardous attitudes are illustrated with a fable so that we can learn a costly lessons from the characters without having to pay for it ourselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting. Most people, when you speak to them, are most people who are are impacted by one of these hazardous attitudes? Are they open minded enough to say, maybe this guy's got something? Or do you got to kind of break through a facade that they have surrounded themselves with.
Speaker 5: Wonderful question if you have to break through for thought? And I will say they're not ready to go on this self awareness journey. But I think that the people who purchase this book are people who have a loved one, a family member, or someone that are supervising at their company because companies are buying this book for their employees, or they are someone who's had a crash in life. You know, sometimes getting fired the best thing that could ever happen to a person because it causes them to sober up mentally and to take a good inventory and stop and say, Okay, what did I have to do with this? Where was I wrong? Where did I miss the mark? And so Yeah, for a person who has experienced the end of something that they wanted to still be there and they're ready to go on this software and this process, then it's absolutely the books for them.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'm assuming the book is available. Most folks who we talk to always it's on Amazon at good bookstores. Give us the name of the book one more time and how they can most easily get it.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it's the five to subtitles Ways to Win the War Within. It's a Amazon and Bons and numbers and everywhere books. So it's also on audible if you like an audiobook, and you can find out more at architect. You're at dot com.
Speaker 2: Architect your attitude all one word dot com in the book again is the five Hazardous Attitudes colon Ways to Win the War Within. It's almost poetic. Ricky Brown, I enjoyed it very much. Thank you, Thank you, sir. We'll talk again.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much for honor with that.
Speaker 2: Catch you right back at you, and we get back. Going to talk with John Zogby, one of the three extraordinary posters that are kind enough to join us on Nightside, and we'll talk about uh figuring out through polling this election, which I think is going to be a really tough election to figure and we'll see what John Zogby, the Expert, has to say.