Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock accident and injury lawyers.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it's Mandy Connell and Dona Ka FM.
Speaker 3: God say can the Niceys through freight?
Speaker 2: Andy Connall keeping sadda.
Speaker 4: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to a Wednesday edition of the show. I'm your host for the next three hours. Mandy Connell, joined, of course by my right hand man, dressed like a pumpkin today, Anthony Rodriguez gearing up for the big Halloweens. Now, Anthony, let me ask you a question before we do the blog, because we got some very interesting guests we got whether Wednesday, we got stuff and things today. But I'm going to ask you this question. How old were you when you stopped going trick or treating?
Speaker 5: Stop?
Speaker 4: Yeah? No, I know you don't give out candy because you like to terrorize the kids in your neighborhood.
Speaker 6: I guess technically thirty because we went to Booth the Zoo the other day and one of the stations I did get some candy, So technically, idy can me count that?
Speaker 4: I'm not talking about knocking on doors, ringing doorbells?
Speaker 5: Probably once I moved.
Speaker 6: Well, no, I don't think we did it in that place, so I mean probably around adulthood, so like around eighteen probably.
Speaker 4: This is now a big uh. This is a big to do on one of the social media groups that I'm in, So we got to talk about this later. There's a couple of things that I want to talk about today that I think maybe my view on it might surprise some people. So let's jump into the blog and we'll get in some of that right now. Find the blog by going to mandy'sblog dot com. That's mandy'sblog dot com. Look for the headline that says ten twenty three twenty four help kids learn about web safety with Agnes. Click on that and here are the headlines you will find within.
Speaker 2: Anyone's listening office.
Speaker 7: Half of American all with ships and clipas, and say that's going.
Speaker 2: To press.
Speaker 4: Today on the blog. My Voter Guide is out weather Wednesday at twelve thirty, a web series to teach kids about being online scrolling. Should candidates pay themselves from campaign funds? Colorado launches a great tool for healthcare. Did an imaginary gang cut off a guy's finger? Colorado is the seventh least safe safe state in the country. Let's talk about Colorado staying on daylight saving time for a minute. Our new director of homelessness worked in Seattle. The big money scam of BLM. We aren't loving it. Yes, you can take a ballot selfie in Colorado? Has Jason Crowe even campaigned in his district? Who will you see the most of on Halloween? Why is the New York Times hiding the hamas connections of a guest?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Look, the intelligence community pops up to protect thems again. There's today's word salad for you. Christians are watching porn? Want to win some Broncos tickets? Parents, just say no to this new trend for Halloween. SNL goes after influencers. Rudy is dead, ass broke. Why you don't see Trump signs in people's yard? Men are so weird at big endorsement of Harris. Congrats to Jelly Roll and no cutsies, no buttsies on American airlines. Those are the headlines on the blog at Mandy's blog dot com. Yep, there you go. Don't you just serve adult trick or treaters alcohol? Says this texter. No, I have done that in the past. I have been the person handing out my friend Karen overmade jello shots one year, so I was handing out jello shots. I was the most popular mom in the neighborhood. Everybody was like, greatest Halloween ever. But no, I'd strongly recommend against handing anyone you don't know alcohol in any situation. I'm just saying, you know, it's not like you're at a concert and somebody passes you a joint and if you don't smoke, you just keep passing it. The unspoken uh don't toke at the car concert rule. What do you do a rod if somebody tries to pass you a joint? Do you just pass it along to the next person? Here you go. I'm just gonna you don't even at touch it. I'm a passer downer. I'm like, let's just keep that thing going if you want me to, it's fine with me. I have a video on the blog today and I usually warn you when it has bad language, but I forgot. I just realized I forgot to go back and put the bad language warning. It is sort of beeped out. But it is an older lady who took it upon herself to get to know one of the neighbors. And I want to talk about this today. I was talking to my brother the other day about, uh, just the election and everything, and he said, you know, some of my conservative friends are a little freaked out because the only yard signs they're seeing are Harris Wall signs. And I was like, yeah, I'm seeing some of that too, and he said, but then I reminded them the only reason there's no Trump Harris signs is because we don't want to hear their crap. And I was like, that is a fair point. That is a fair point. I think that you know, the Republicans back in the day used to talk about the silent majority. I think there are so many silent Trump voters who just don't want to talk about it. And after you see the video on the blog today from this person's ring camera of this little lady who everybody probably would look at her because she's old and go look at that nice little old lady, she is evil. She is an awful, awful person. I don't want to say she's evil. That is too harsh and that's mean, and I don't I have no way of knowing this. She's evil, but she's an awful person. As far as I know. She's never met this neighbor. It's not like she rings the doorbell and is like, hey, Dena, it's Barb or whatever, you know, and it's just, I mean, really really ridiculous. Mandy, your boy Donald worked one shift out of McDonald's. Uh oh, there's a conspiracy theory out though that. Did you hear this?
Speaker 5: A rod?
Speaker 4: This is going to be the thing that swings the election. Apparently Donald Trump was not actually a McDonald's employee on that day. Yeah. Yeah, he didn't really get a paycheck for his shift at McDonald's. There were no uniforms ordered for him. He doesn't have a type. Now, what he's talking about is the fact that in many states, including Colorado, McDonald's has now recalled all quarter pounder with cheese. They think it is the onions that contains the E coli that has made a lot of people very very sick and actually killed some people. We had an older gentleman here in Colorado who died after having a quarter pounder with cheese. Now, some would argue he was just you know, on the installment plan anyway, being an older guy eating quarter pounders with cheese, but it actually took his life, which is terrible and McDonald's has now aggressively recalled everything that could be possibly put on those sandwiches. But as Donald Trump worked a McDonald's in Pennsylvania, where there has not been an E coli outbreak linked to onions processed in three different plants on the West Coast, I think that he could be clear of any blame on this. But he didn't actually work there, which is shocking to people.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, breaking news. Donald Trump was not They paid McDonald's employee on that day.
Speaker 5: You didn't get a paycheck?
Speaker 4: Nope, he did not. His paycheck will be your vote, Anthony.
Speaker 2: Oh see what I did there?
Speaker 4: Oh there you go, there you go. Conservatives don't want to deal with the party of racism and violence. We keep our Trump signs to ourselves. Yep. Mandy, my wife said no Trump signs because she wants our front window to stay intact. Mandy. I live in Missouri and there are way more Trump signs than Harris. Yes, in some parts of the country, the reverse is true.
Speaker 2: It just is what it is.
Speaker 4: There are more conservative parts of the country, there's more liberal parts of the country. And I think this is why this is where some of our issues have arisen because we have big red bubbles, we have big blue bubbles, but we don't have a lot of purple bubbles. So a lot of these people in the red or blue bubbles truly cannot understand the depths of dislike for the other team's candidate in some places. Here in Colorado. I tell people here in Colorado how much Trump is absolutely despised around the country. And then I tell my conservative friends in Florida, you can't believe how much Trump is despised in Colorado, and they don't believe me because everyone they know is a Trump supporter. They downplay it because they're not around it. So this is it anyway, So Mandy, why just the Burger Royal? Other burgers have the onions on them too. I don't think they're the same onions. You get the little tiny, square cut onions on the burgers, right, the little you know what I'm talking about, The little they're all like little square cut and then the quarter pounder has a more significant onion on it. And I think that's the problem. So only losers put up lawn signs. Sorry, you know what, though, here's the thing, you guys. I remember, back when I was a kid. When I was a kid during an election, I lived in a kind of a yellow dog Democrat place in Florida, where people were Democrats because their parents had been Democrats. They had, you know, on and on and on, and there was a healthy dose of racism in my community when I was very, very young. I'm happy to say that that has not the case now, but in my childhood there definitely was a healthy dose of racism. So we had all these yellow dog Democrats, but they were all very, very conservative. But at the same time, you could put a Democratic sign in your yard, your neighbor could have a Republican sign in their yard, and you know what, you would guys would talk about it or maybe not, but you'd still stand over the back fence and talk to each other, have a conversation, you know, be friends, barbecue together, that kind of stuff. It just was different. It was a completely different situation. So the fact that now having a yard sign for someone you disagree with gives this woman license to stand on someone else's porch and call them terrible names. That is a huge part of the problem. And I don't necessarily have as much evidence if any of people on the right doing that, going the other direction. And I'm sure there's people who have destroyed Harris Walls signs. I'm sure, absolutely positive, but you don't see it like you see it coming from the left. And then they turn around and say, we're doing this because you're violent. Like that kind of feels like a wife beater blaming his wife or making him angry. I'm just saying, just throwing that out there. It would be nice if we could have a really civil conversation, but I don't think we have to get way better candidates. We have to stop allowing the leadership of the two parties to divide us in this country. We have to stop with the if you don't agree with me, you're evil, Which is why I walk back my statement. I should not have called that woman evil. She's mean, she's awful, but I can't ascribe, you know, motives to her heart. Mandy Freeze dried diced onions, not sliced. But aren't the ones on the quarter pounder different? I have a question. This person says, why does the quarter pounder have different onions than the other burgers? Because it's special and it costs more, and the cheap o depot burgers and cheeseburgers, they don't cost more.
Speaker 6: Does it really have different onions? I'm trying to think what I believe? So aren't they both like the dice raw onions?
Speaker 4: Could we call a McDonald's.
Speaker 6: I'm a McDonald's guy, I mean I was.
Speaker 5: I used to love the hell out of McDonald's. And I'm trying to think.
Speaker 6: I'm looking at pictures of the quarter pounder because I know the mcdoubele, for example, well, which is my.
Speaker 5: Go to because it's only one piece of cheese, it's not overkiller on.
Speaker 6: G has the and I always say no onions, but I know it's like the dice raw onions. And I'm looking at quarter pounder pictures and it okay, so maybe not okay, So there's some picture that they are they're like stringy, Yeah, they are the stringy ones.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which how do you not ask for?
Speaker 6: If they if they do it, you gotta get you got to get those grilled a little bit then a raw as hell.
Speaker 4: Well, but there, but that's part of the charm of the quarter pounder. I mean, that's what are you blessed?
Speaker 5: Charm in raw onions?
Speaker 2: Zero a burger?
Speaker 4: Yes, no, no, no, no, always Okay, let's just sayest questions say in and out burger, in and out burger grilled onions, animal style always. I first of all, don't think in and out is that good. It's not bad, but it's.
Speaker 5: Not that good.
Speaker 6: It's the word that is the most misunderstood word in the English language.
Speaker 5: In and out is overrated. But they're not bad. They're they're good. They're good.
Speaker 4: They're not legendary like they're not great. They're not bad, but they're not great. They're just coverage way better fast food burger, I think. But nonetheless, when you go into like a restaurant and you order a burger, so you're getting a really nice burger? Are nice bun nothing squished together by someone who believes they're underpaid. And what do you get on the burger? What is the topping that you are getting on that burger? If you are getting a naked burger, what's going on that burger? In your world?
Speaker 6: Ketchup mustard cheese only that's it? Oh, lettuce, lettuce, depending on the restaurant. So McDonald's no, no, because shreds. It's not the shredded. It's a matter of freshness.
Speaker 4: Well, because it's shredded, shredded wilts faster than if you slap a piece of romain on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I'm going pickles, cheese onion because you get that nice crunch. I'm getting lettuce and then mayo mustard and ketchup.
Speaker 5: Oh mayo mayo.
Speaker 6: There's a very very distinct difference on how you get mayo on a burger. I don't like a dollup of mayo like on the burger.
Speaker 4: I like your smerit.
Speaker 6: Yeah you schmeri it to moisturize the bun. Correct the key difference.
Speaker 4: But the pickles, No, it's the grease barrier, right. So you got the greasy burger, but you put the mayo on the bun to prevent the buns from getting super greasy.
Speaker 5: I never thought like that.
Speaker 6: I usually just to just to hydrate the bun, if you will. But pickles on the side. I love pickles. But pickles on a burgers the way the tast no, no, no, no no, I don't want to I want to taste the burger. I don't want to taste some pickles with a side of burger. That's what pickles do to a burger.
Speaker 4: No, no, I want to taste all of it. I want a salad and a burger and cheese and bread and no, no, no, god, no. Okay, we have an answer on the McDonald's question from a textor who seems authoritative. Quarter pounder has raw, Okay, Big Mac and the others have something else for onions, not raw. Well that's not authoritative. Yes, they're different. Onions rehydrated for the regular burgers, and Big Macs sliced fresh for the quarter pounder, and that fresh is what's given people he whole, So they think, yikes, A burger is not a burger, says this texter without a big thick slice of raw onion, preferably red onion.
Speaker 5: Grow up, young man, out, get out.
Speaker 4: There's the door, Jason says. Bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon. But I don't like the and on my tee berg.
Speaker 6: I don't think I do anymore because it takes away the texture's wrong. Yeah, the texture's wrong. Bacon on the side, just like pickles. Yeah, they're for But give me grilled onions all day on any burger.
Speaker 4: Oh ah, we're making people hungry, says this texter.
Speaker 5: Sorry about that.
Speaker 4: Sorry, not sorry, Mandy. I literally invited all the Democrats to come over and see how I became this way. Wouldn't that be funny? Put up a sign, put up a table in your yard. You're in the neighborhood where everybody else has a Harris Wall sign, and you just pull up a chair and you put a big sign that says I'm voting for Trump. Ask me why, and then just invite your neighbors to come have a conversation that would probably not go well, not go well at all. I would advise you to watch that video where the little old lady who should be nice is not nice at all. Anyway. Uh, my voter guide is out. You can find it by clicking on the top link of the blog. Now, should I block the guy who keeps calling me fat? On the text line Today's Today's Yeah, well, I guess we know why you're a fat blank? Maybe you should have tried suing the inventor of the fork. I mean, here's the thing, Should I or should I?
Speaker 1: Just?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think I will. I think I will, just because wouldn't it frustrate him terribly to not have any way? No outlet, none at all? You can you can always email me Mandy at iHeartMedia dot com and then I'll send that to the joke folder automatically and that will give me great joy as well.
Speaker 5: Fat. I don't see that.
Speaker 4: I'm just I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't see that.
Speaker 4: Uh number seven currently? So uh? Or should we just call call him on the area?
Speaker 3: Run?
Speaker 4: Call him right now?
Speaker 5: I'm literally searching the word fat.
Speaker 4: Oh, she didn't spell it out. He said F period capital F period. But I know what he meant. Now it's thirteen. I think we should call him on the air, call him right now, call him because they'll never call me.
Speaker 3: F.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it. Call them right now.
Speaker 5: Doesn't make any sense. How does that? How do you get fat out of that?
Speaker 4: Well, because you're in FF meaning fat and then the other Yes, well that's it. Yeah, No, let's call it. Let's call it. Let's call them.
Speaker 5: I don't want someone to call you fat on air and then I'll get I just want to know.
Speaker 4: I want to know what this person gets out of it, Like, does it does it excite them? Does it make them feel good? I'm curious about the emotional response that person gets from texting that that information get them on the phone. I don't want their I don't want if it goes to voicemail, which I mean at this point, I certainly hope they they would send you to voicemail, but I'm sure they won't. I don't want their information to go out. I'm not trying to, like, you know, out somebody. Yeah, so we'll do that. That's fun. And then also at twelve thirty, we're going to talk to Dave Frasier because we've got weather Wednesday coming up today. And I got to tell you, I realize that all of the weather people are like, we should have we should have much cooler temperatures right now.
Speaker 5: So there's nobody there voicemail. Ah, but they didn't send me to voicemail, so they know what's up.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So weird, so brave, so brave. We're calling to ask you questions, sir, madam, calling to ask you. Although women hardly ever call other women.
Speaker 6: Fat, well on the text line, Yeah, Mandy, you weren't even fat before soda.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you appreciate that. And I'm not looking for compliments. I'm just letting you know some of the fun stuff that people think is okay to send to your favorite talk show hosts out there. And if it's not me. They're sending it to someone else now.
Speaker 6: Also, the worst meat Mandy was a rod dropped on his head as an infant. He doesn't enjoy prime rib but likes McDonald's. Something wrong with that picture to you, texture kind sir or madam. Hell no, prime rib is nasty.
Speaker 4: And my husband would agree with a rod on that he doesn't like prime rib either. I love prime re.
Speaker 5: It is gross, it is nasty. It is the Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I love it so love it, love it blackened. Anyway, let's do this. We're gonna take a time out and then we're gonna come back with weather Wednesday. As I was saying, all the weather forecasters are like, we should be so much cooler right now. But does anybody hate I have seventy five? I don't. I gonna tell you I'm loving this, Ay, Rod, did you turn your sprinklers off yet?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: But we uh insulated the outer section for now.
Speaker 4: We blew ours out this week. It's done. It's done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I probably should stop growing. I don't think I have to mow it again.
Speaker 4: No, I think we should be done with that. We used our mower to pick up the leaves. But whatever, it's fine. All right, let's take a quick time out, Dave Fraser when we get back with your weather questions, and we'll find out how much more this glorious weather we're gonna get right after this, all kids, ladies, and gentlemen, big announcement. The election is practically over. We can cancel it because there's no chance Trump is gonna win because the insane clown Posse's violent Jay has endorsed Kamala Harris for president. That is your breaking news. We can all go about our business now and get on with weather Wednesday. Our favorite chief meteorologist from Fox thirty one, Katievr. Dave Frasier. Hello, Dave, how are you, my friend?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great.
Speaker 8: How are you doing?
Speaker 4: I am doing just fine. As a matter of fact, I'm happy to announce we can stop paying attention to politics because the insane clown Posse has endorsed Kamala Harris, so obviously the race is over. I don't need to do anymore that so we can talk about important things like the weather. Dave. I realize I'm supposed to be upset or something about it about it being seventy five degrees today, but I do not hate this. How much longer of this glorious are we having.
Speaker 8: Several more days? Actually, all the way through Monday of next week, we're looking to be running above average. And by the way, I'm in your corner, I'm not upset the fact that the temperatures are running about ten to twelve to ten degrees above normal. We're not breaking records, which all are in the eighties. And it is nice. It's you know, it's that kind of fall warm. It's not summer hot, yep. And the evening the evenings are fantastic, cools off quickly with the earlier setting sun. You got the overnight lows in the forties. You know, we haven't had that freeze yet, which we're looking at potentially next Tuesday night into Wednesday we might be right there at thirty two degrees for the time this year. So we're talking an eye on that change coming up and the potential for maybe another shot of moisture. It's very very dry here in October, so to be talking about getting a little moisture, whether it be a rain, rain, snow mixed, or even a little bit of heavy wet snow in a couple of spots is not a bad thing.
Speaker 4: No, we did get some good snow in the mountains, which is always you know, you always want to have a nice solid start because we're thinking about our snowpack here. And I guess Wolf Creek is opening this week. They got a ton of snow down there at wolf Preek Pass, so they're opening there resort. I believe maybe this weekend.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, yes, so, oh, yesterday, so.
Speaker 4: They're already open today. That seems a little crazy.
Speaker 8: Well, they got if you've been down to skied Wolf Creek, it's rugged skiing, it's good skiing. It's three up and down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 8: And so they got twenty seven inches over five days, twenty two inches in a little over a day, and that was enough to get them the eighteen inch base that they need mid mountain to get.
Speaker 7: People up in skiing.
Speaker 8: And some of the if you go on social media, you'll see some of the guys skiing and folks skiing down there, and it looks it's pretty good. And then for the north Central Mountains, places like Copper and Keystone and a Rapahoe Basin and Loveland got anywhere from five to ten inches, and so that's a helping hand from other natures they continue to run their snowguns in hopes of getting opened soon.
Speaker 4: All Right, I got a question from the text line for Dave. Have we seen temperatures like this year September and October in the past pre global warming series, like fifty years ago? And I think they're kind of asking how common are these there, the warm September and octobers.
Speaker 8: You know, I hadn't checked the fifty year record, But the way I tend to look at trends like this is, are we smashing records left and right? And how old are those records? And as I just said a few minutes ago, we have not been breaking records here in September. Early September. We had some warmer days in the nineties and we did break.
Speaker 2: A few records.
Speaker 8: But even though we had at the beginning of the month in October we had temperatures in the eighties, we weren't breaking records. And while we've been in the seventies for pro long period, and we'll stay in the seventies all the way through Monday of next week, we're just not breaking the records. So I think that should give you some historic perspective about, Yeah, how warm have we been compared to where the records are set.
Speaker 4: How how how how are we doing drought wise around the state. I heard a report last week. Yeah, and I want to ask this question first before we talk about how we are one of those states like California. We're kind of perpetually in a drought on and off cycle, are we not. I mean we're a high desert climate for much of the state.
Speaker 8: Yes, we're semi arid climate, which means we are you know, we depend a lot on our snow to fill our reservoirs. We depend on you know, a wet spring is certainly helpful during the growing season. We did get some beneficial rain early in the season until we hit June, July, August, September, October. Prior to that, the spring was in pretty good shape when we were head for the year, and then we dried out. The drought monitor comes out every Thursday, and the worst route in the state, and the entire state is not in drought. As a matter of fact, the San Juan Mountains southwest Colorado doesn't have any drought. They they've been doing very well. The worst drout is right in the foothills of Larimer and Boulder County, just west of I twenty five and Metro Denver is in there, but not as deep in the drought as they are, and we've been struggling to get most year. There's no question about the problem with the drought monitor now, Mandy is we're in the kind of end of the season, so everything is naturally dried out. We just don't look for that leg up right now. But we're entering the winter and that can help to crush the drought in some places.
Speaker 4: Okay, we do have a couple of people on the text line asking about what are we gonna have for Halloween. A Rod has been asking this too. He's got a big party, He's got all kinds of stuff planned. What are we looking at Halloween?
Speaker 8: Well, A Rod's party over the weekend is great. Any plans you have through the weekend. If you do have parties like kay Rod, you're fine. It's going to be in the seventies, mid seventies Saturday, seventies, upper seventies Sunday. We are tracking this incoming cold front. It looks to get us down into the upper fifties and by that time next Tuesday Wednesday, so you're talking the thirtieth, twenty ninth and thirtieth of the month, the advertise around sixties, so it's more of a seasonal correction. Right now. We think it's just outside the seven day so we can't see too many specifics, but we think Halloween will be dry but a little bit cool, So it'll probably be in the mid fifties during the day and then for trick or treating our stay between four or five o'clock till nine o'clock, probably slipping into the low forties towards the end of that timeframe, maybe the upper thirties, but it does look to be.
Speaker 4: Dry, all right, Dave Fraser at Fox thirty one, I don't have anything else for it. Oh wait, hang on, this may be the wrong question to ask. At the end of the segment, does Dave Fraser believe in climate change?
Speaker 8: We've talked about this time and time again. Yes, the climate has changed, but there's a bigger question beyond that that you and I have talked about. It becomes the question of you know why, driving factor, why exactly? And that's where you get into the argument and it just goes down the rabbit hole very very quickly because people have their own opinions of what, but yes, you can clearly tell as you look over the historical data and you look at the weather patterns and stuff, that there are other driving forces that can change climate. But remember this climate is cyclical and what the future holds is yet to be seen.
Speaker 4: Exactly. Dave Fraser, you can see him on Fox thirty one. We will talk to again next week after a few more days of this glorious weather. You can just keep it here as long as you want.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we'll get you an updated it times out perfectly next Wednesday. We'll be sitting right on top of that forecast for Halloween.
Speaker 4: Excellent, that's say Fraser, Dave, I appreciate you. We'll talk to you next week. Yep, all right, where do we get back? We are going to note a couple of anniversaries. One anniversary that for the first time is seeing justice on the anniversary of this day. The second anniversary of something so I don't know, kind of funny in hindsight that I can't wait to share it with you. We're gonna do those on the other side of this break. One the anniversary of a news story from just last October. Yes, this from NBC News October twenty sixth, twenty twenty three. Let me just read some of this news story to you. President Joe Biden announced in April that he's running for reelection. His campaign and its fundraising entities have a combined ninety one million in the bank, and he's hired key political staffers to help helm his twenty twenty four re election campaign. And then I'm gonna skip ahead for just a moment, just a moment to this part. Senator Ted Cruz from Texas said on his podcast last month, So here's the scenario that I think is probably the most likely and most dangerous. In August of twenty twenty four, the Democrat Kingmakers jettison Joe Biden and parachute in Michelle Obama. I view this as a very serious danger. And then I'm skipping ahead again. The idea, centered largely on the thought that Biden is too old and not sharp enough mentally, is that there's a secret plan to replace Biden due to his health or other reasons, by an amopous Illuminati type forces within the Democratic Party. It is not a mainstream thought within the Republican Party that it has maintained a persistent foothold among a relevant chunk of the GOP base, taking their cues from some party officials who continue to toy with the idea that from a year ago. Let's just put that as another conspiracy theory they came true, not the part about Michelle Obama. Although this one, you guys, listen to this, Listen to this, Listen to this. This from Tim Scott a year ago. I feel like they're grooming someone and we all know it's not Kamala. So I think the Democrats have a backup plan because every time I listen to the current president speak, I'm like, is this getting harder? Now? What if just throw let me throw this out here. What if? What if Joe Biden read this article too? What if he knew that they weren't grooming Kamala Harris and that is why he immediately came out and endorsed Kamala Harris as his successor. I mean, I have long thought Joe Biden did that to screw the people who stabbed him in the back. I think that was straight out of House of Cards, like, oh yeah, you're gonna push me out, Okay, I'm gonna f you over to I believe that, and reading this just reminded me of how much I believe it so hah. Now our second anniversary notation are something we are noting the anniversary of this time not nearly as entertaining. This is the forty first anniversary of the Bayroot truck bombing that killed more than three hundred people at the American embassy and the US Marine sparracks in Beirut. Obviously, the Beyrout truck bombing would have indicated where it happened. But this is the first year that the mastermind behind this is dead. His name was Ibraha Makiel. He was the Hesbala operations commander, and he was killed in September in an Israeli strike against him in Lebanon, in their systematic dismantling of all of the proxy organizations that Iran has been backing to foment violence in the Middle East. They took him out over a month ago. So for the first time ever, the mastermind of that bombing that killed so many people and injured so many more is dead. He's on the right side of the dirt finally, And you know why he's on the right side of the dirt, because Israel stopped listening to the United States of America and started fighting like their very existence depended on it. Now, there was a story today. I just saw it a minute ago on Twitter. So I don't have the guy's name in front of me, but you know, they just took out the leader of Hesbola, right, they took out the leader of Hesba Hesbela. Hang on, let me s I can pull this up real quick. So they take out the leader of Hesbala and Azraala, and you know, now they got to get new leadership in there. You got to get new leadership in So now they have also taken out the leadership of Hamas. Let me let me make sure I'm trying to find this guy's name. I'm talking to you guys, so bear with me. They got a new guy in Hamas. He took over and Israel took him out. He's dead. And at this point, I just don't know if they're going to be able to get anyone to apply for that job. Cause if you're like, okay, can you imagine going in? You see this job advertised like complete power over everything. Everyone will kneel to your every wish, and you're like, yes, that's what I want. Sign me up. So you fill out an application and you send it in and then you go in. They're like, oh my god, you're great, come on in for an interview. You go in for an interview and you're like, so tell me about this complete power. They're like, oh yeah. You get to make all of the decisions about what happens in this entire section of the country. You get to make every choice. You get to decide who lives and dies. You get to decide who gets medicine and who doesn't. You get to decide who has food and who doesn't. You get to decide all that. And you're like, I'm kind of mad with power. It could be down with that. And then we're like, oh yeah, but see, unfortunately, there's a really good chance that you're gonna get killed, because that seems to be what keeps happening to people who step up to lead these organizations. So that's inconvenient at a bare minimum, and it's getting harder and harder to hire people to lead these terrorist organizations, all because Israel finally decided to stop listening to the United States. Boom, go Israel, go give some little prayers for the families of all of those people that were lost forty one years ago, but know that finally, the man who did it can never ever ever ever do it again because he is DRT. We will be right back after this with an interesting young woman who has created a web series designed to help parents, tweens, and I would dare say teenagers navigate the web. Agnes joins us, next, it is a great series. Just we'll do that right after this.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock accident and injury lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell and Connall, m.
Speaker 1: Got way, the nicety.
Speaker 3: Andy Connell keeping no real sad babe.
Speaker 4: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to the second hour of the show and joining me. Now, I'm very excited because I feel like I'm on the leading edge of something that's going to be really big. Okay, and what's going to be really big is a new web series by a young woman named and Agnes. I'm probably going to destroy your name, so just bear with me, Agnes Gomez Koizumi, that's right, Oh yeah, okay, perfect. And it's a web series designed to help parents, and she says tweens, but I think it could be late elementary through early high school. I think the information that she's putting together is really outstanding, and it's a web series about social media designed for kids. Now, Agnes, first off, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much for having me, Amandy. I'm really excited to be here.
Speaker 4: Well, your new web series is called Social Smarts, and I want you to tell people a little bit about your background and kind of give them a little reason of why you are doing this and why you're an expert.
Speaker 7: So I've spent a number of years working for the top social media companies in the world, including launching international expansion for Tender and TikTok as well. So at the very early stages, building out trusted in safety, communications education and working with external people including governments, and educating parents about the different tips and safety measures that exist to keep you safe and what the platforms had to offer in terms of best practices. So having that insider note really made me look at social media and what's happening, especially with young people right now, and being able to have that insider perspective. And I have a ten year old nephew and he is part of that first generation that is growing up in a fully digital world. So he started he got his first iPad I think when he was five, maybe, but I've seen him develop and grow through time and how social media is impacting him what he's doing. But also having that front row seat, I see the questions that he's asking and how he's thinking about social media, And because I have this unique perspective, I spend a lot of time talking with him about not just what you should and shouldn't do or how social media works, but why. And I think that that's been the biggest thing for me, is seeing him be able to look at social media and what he's doing and have the tools to think about it critically because this is a different world than what I grew up in. But teaching him these things now will set him up for the rest of his life because it's not going to change. It's going to be part of his life forever.
Speaker 4: You know, your story about doing this for your nephew is a little bit reminiscent of how con Academy got started. The math website that has saved my bacon as a parent multiple times. That's my daughter gets into more advanced math. But I have to commend to you for putting together videos, and you've got three out so far. You're putting together videos. You're not talking down to kids. You're not trying to make it like a cartoon, you're not trying to make it overly kid, I can't explain it. You're talking to them like they understand. And I think that's a big difference than some of the other stuff that's out trying to teach kids about social safety. I mean, that's really what we're talking about here, So well done on that. How do you decide what you're going to do each episode on?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: So, I have three episodes out already. As you mentioned, the first one is really like I think about it logistically. So the first thing is is that kids want to know why can't they have their own social media accounts? So that's the first episode to talk about the laws behind that. But to your point about why I'm I'm talking, I'm talking to kids the way that I would talk to my own nephew and recognizing that he's not like kids don't want to be talked down to. They want to have the tool so that they can understand. So what I'm trying to do with him is talk to him the same way that I would talk to, say, another person's parents. And I have a lot of friends that ask me if their kids could come and listen in while I talk to my nephew. But the reason that it's geared towards, you know, like real information, is because kids want to know, like you can't sugarcup things. You want to give them the real truth and the why. And so that's what I do for him, But I intend the intent is to have parents listen with their kids too, so that they can get that information and they feel like it's not just the wild West out there, it's something that they understand. And then after each episode, they're ten minute episodes because there's more to discuss, and then parents can hopefully spend some time with their kids to talk about the material that's being Isn't it that the first episode was about why thirteen is the magic number? The second one was about dangerous challenges? And I think that that's because we've seen a lot of stuff happening with kids and how they're really influenced to do these different things because they're getting really popular. And what can you do, how do you spot it? How can you actually you know, prevent yourself from doing that, and what the motivation is, like why do people do dangerous challenges at all. And then the next episode that I just released yesterday was about finding the truth online about misinformation because there's so much stuff out there, and when I think about what you're seeing right now, especially within news cycles and social media. At one time, like when I was growing up, there was you know, a news cycle that happened, and you would look at that as being the truth. But now there are so many sources. How do you actually identify what's real what's fake, and how do you get those skills so that you can actually look at things more critically. The next episode that I'm releasing next week is about mental health, because I think that that's also something, especially with what we've seen recently with these different lawsuits that have come out and the ages that have placed all these lawsuits, you know, to social media companies about how the effects of social media are detrimental to young people's mental health. So I really I'm thinking about those things, and as the news cycle comes out, or as I'm getting questions from different people as well, I have.
Speaker 4: To ask Agnes, how old are you? And there's a specific reason I'm asking you this, not just because you look so incredibly youthful which you do. But how what generation are you?
Speaker 7: So I'm a gen X, so I go in the seventies.
Speaker 4: Okay, great, so you because I will tell you. I watched the first episode about why you have to be thirteen. I didn't know any of that straight up. I was like, oh my gosh, I had no clue. And then I thought, thank god, I'm not watching this with my daughter because I would have lost all credibility at that moment. So you would pay parents to watch this with their kids. But if you're a parent of a certain age, because this was all kind of thrust upon us, we're not digital natives, right, this is not our normal state of being. And I'm going to be perfectly honest. I just had one of those moments with my fifteen year old daughter where I handed her my phone and I said, make Snapchat stop sending me things like make it stop. I don't know how, and I'm not going to learn. Because she's like, well, let me teach you. I go no, I don't want to learn anything else about a social media platform. I'm done. I'm finished. I want no more. And she was like, okay, I'll fix it, and she did. But there's a lot of information in these videos that I need, not just my kids, because you really do a deep dive on some stuff that I, frankly, as an end user, I never even thought about it until I watch these videos. So they're just I highly recommend. Even if you don't have kids and you're using the Internet, like you should know some of the things that Agnes is doing. And I really would love I can't wait to see your ten minute version on how social media companies gather our data because I saw the social dilemma. I made my daughter watch it with me, but that was almost too at the time we made or watch it. I think it was a little too much over her head, just a tiny bit. So i'd love to see you just kind of like talk about how much data is being gathered and how it's being used against us.
Speaker 7: Because it is you know, yeah, that's an episode I'm planning for the future, but we can talk about that briefly, because the truth is is that data is a digital currency, and social media is the content that people put out there. It's designed to get views, but those views and I talk about this in the mental health episode as well, and then I have another episode of addiction. But all of those things are designed to keep you online, so it's part of it.
Speaker 8: It's like the data that then the.
Speaker 7: Longer that you're online, the more data that can be captured that can talk about your viewing habits, and then from there you can sell advertising, and it's all about advertising. So it's a really interesting feedback loop. But the thing that young people don't understand is that that data follows you and what you're making choices with right now that will impact, like very long down the road, how you're being targeted by different ads, not just online but also in real life because all of these things, the ultimate goal of digital online is like how do you get irl? Right? How do you get in real life? And that comes into a lot of different ways, whether it's like mail, whether it's like phone calls, but also whether it's like you know, different events or other things. And so ultimately, when you think about it, you're looking at social media as being something that's fun and you know, a nice distraction maybe or just something that's like fun to do, but there's like a whole other system that's in place that's really like monetizing and the data becomes critical to that.
Speaker 4: But yes, that for me is huge I mean I always tell my daughter, like, whatever's free, you are the product. If you have a free app, you are the product. So just remember that they are now selling you in some way, shape or form. I sat in on a marketing sort of future of marketing meeting where there were discussions about how rapidly we would get to a point where your metadata was being gathered at such a way that when you walked down a street, a billboard would change to be specific to you. And so you would have billboard space and the doorway of a building that you were walking into, and as you walked by there would be an ad for your favorite coffee brand or your favorite or whatever. It's going to become that specific and that dial down. So all of these people that are saying, oh, I don't care, I'm so uninteresting, you have no idea what is coming down the pike in terms of what they are going to be able to use to market to you in ways you don't even realize. Is this highly targeted. It's fascinating. I mean, I work in advertising. This is what public radio. I mean, this is what commercial radio does.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: I want my advertise, my people to go to my advertisers and buy things, so I can't knock it. It's just amazing how specific it is getting.
Speaker 7: And also I think the social media and I talk about this and then the episode that I just released about truth detectives and how to spot you know, something that's real or fake online. There's a lot of psychology that goes into repetition and how how your brain actually processes information that you see. And unlike radio, social media, especially short form, it's gathering information at a super fast rate because the shorter the video, the more you're able to get iterations of you know, your viewing habits, and so when you continue to see things, it affects how you actually perceive it, And so it affects things like, you know, are you going to be more likely to purchase something? But also you know, are you more likely to believe that something's true afterwards after seeing it so many times? And we talk about this in PR but also back in the days when I used to work in museum there's a lot of psychology in terms of how you present information that because social media is user generated, people are that are producing it aren't necessarily thinking it that the algorithm in the background is like putting all these things together and it's affecting or taking advantage of how your brain psychology already works.
Speaker 4: That is amazing and incredibly frightening at the same time. The web series is called Social Smarts with Agnes, and it's very, very good, and I'd love for people in this listening audience. I don't know, I'm sure you know, Agnes, that many schools, when the kids come in in the morning, they'll show a video or something to kind of keep everybody entertained. This to me would be the perfect kind of videos to work into those scenes where kids could actually learn something in a way that's very interesting. And Agnes, obviously you guys are listening, she's very relatable and comes across really really well. So I'd love for my listeners to help spread the word about Social Smarts because I think it has real value because, as you said, kids that are getting and first of all, I made my daughter wait until she was fourteen before she was allowed to get any social media at all. And that was after watching the Social Dilemma and after doing all this stuff. And she will tell you like she understands. She'll say something like I don't know what I clicked, but my algorithm is all screwed up, you know. So she's aware of it, but she still doesn't understand the magnitude. So I'm gonna make her watch Social Smarts as well, even though she's fifteen. But it's only ten minutes, so it'll be fine. But uh, Agnes, I wish you much success going forward, and I think you're gonna have it. I just think it's a great idea whose time has come. And thank you so much for making time for us today.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 4: All right. That is Agnes Gomez ko Zumi. The website or the web series is Social Smarts on YouTube. Thank you, Agnes. And uh yeah, great, great little series. And I did you guys. I sat there and watch these and I literally was like, uh, I didn't know any of it. I knew none of it. I'm such a I'm such a computer moron. I just I keep thinking, you know, I've used computers now for like thirty years. You think I would get better at it. But I the more they make things supposedly intuitive, like every time there's an update, and it's like, oh, this is so much more intuitive than it was before. Intuitive to whom I think there should be two kinds of intuitive. There should be gen X intuitive and other people intuitive. I can't be and ay Rod, here's the news slash bud. It's gonna happen to you at some point in your life. You're gonna hand your kid your phone and say, make that app stop talking to me, and I'm not learning anything else.
Speaker 5: Oh many, Yeah, you're already right. About ninety eight percent of people my age. I make it a hobby.
Speaker 6: I make it my task to stay up to date with all the latest technology each and every day, so I will always be hip.
Speaker 5: With the young'ins. Don't you fret?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, okay, I think let me try this to my calendar for thirty years from now to give an a call and find out how he still is.
Speaker 6: Because I make a concerted effort to always be up to day, It's part of my job.
Speaker 4: So technically I understand, I understand, But eventually, no, you are going to hear me out, hear me out, this is what this is what's going to happen, and then people can go to the text line and decide whether I am right or you are right. Here's what's going to happen. You are eventually going to get a more important, higher level job that is going to take you out of the day to day intense tech stuff that you do now. And at that point tech will start to get away from you. Now in your personal life, I could see you still engaging in some stuff, but trust me, you'll hit a level where you're just like, I'm good. I don't need to learn anything else after this. I'm fine. I don't need that new skill.
Speaker 6: It's a solid happens, solid line of thinking. But I love on a day to day basis to like make it my mission to keep up with the trends.
Speaker 5: So I am the outlier. Normally you would be you're not for your You're really not.
Speaker 4: But when you get to fifty five, talk to me, then, pal, I will this Texter thirty years. Ha, I give them ten to fifteen. Because what you don't know, what you do not know, is what kids will do to all of that, all of whatever you think you are, whatever you have time for, whatever you love, kids will come along and you're like, a crap, I can't do that anymore.
Speaker 5: I don't have those that.
Speaker 4: Gotta go to soccer, gotta go to football, gotta go to ice skating, gotta go to whatever. Gotta go to it all.
Speaker 5: I will never be a part of the Olds. You leave me alone.
Speaker 4: You know what spoken? I remember when I was young. I was when I was your age, ay Rod, and I would say things like I just don't understand why women have plastics. There's your I don't get it, I will say. Now, fifty five year old me is.
Speaker 5: Like, hey, shut up, Well, I will say.
Speaker 6: Dragon and I had a moment yesterday and when we were talking about Scars on The Ross Minsky Show, and so naturally Dragon bump backed with Scars by Papa Road.
Speaker 5: You know, Zack Segers hits us with I never heard that song. I'm like, what what?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Is this what the olds feel like?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: What? Oh?
Speaker 5: I mean he's been twenty so, I mean it kind of makes sense. But man, that did not feel good for me.
Speaker 4: It was the first time I used the phrase Mushia Marsha Mussia at an intern and they were like, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 5: And I was like, what wait?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 5: Yeah, how do you not know that?
Speaker 4: Brady Budge, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 5: Goes downhill?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Everybody on the text line, Mandy, I agree with you, Oh, this person said, we boomers on as well, die who needs us? Well, nobody said anything bad about the boomers nikes. Jeez, Louise, somebody's having a bad day. Some of my favorite people, including my husband, are boomers. He's in the last year of the boomers, but he was fully raised gen X so my grandfather. I'm in and I'm a millennial barely Mandy. I never want to be that old person that says they can't learn something new. It's not the ability to learn, it is desired. No, you misunderstand me. Text he that's got a good point. Wait, wait, you misunderstand me. I love learning certain new things certain but I don't want to learn how to use Snapchat. I don't care. Makes no difference to me. The only reason I have the stupid app is that my daughter uses it to send me stuff sometimes. That's it. I hate it. I have no desire to learn how to do any of it. So no, I don't want to learn Snapchat. I would learn other things that I would enjoy more, you know, like the fine art of Japanese paper folding.
Speaker 5: You don't know.
Speaker 4: I could be very good at orgami. No idea. That's all my list of things to do when I retire Mandy A. Rod sounds like one of those youngsters that says I will never be like those old farts. Fast forward and you are one.
Speaker 5: Yep, ninety eight percent of people absolutely will be.
Speaker 2: I will not.
Speaker 5: It is my job, it will remain my job. It is a hobby of mine. Will leave me alone. Yeah, texture, Yeah, look at you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go to this texture gravity. Not being too kind to the twins, Mandy Gross, I don't think I talked about my boobs or any part of them or where they are a viral cale. Thanks for assuming it's uh, it's whatever you want it to be, sir. Those two I should get those two guys together and then they could team up and then they could work on it. They could go meet at a bar and then they could try over a beer to try and figure out how to be as insulting as possible. That would be super comcial we call in.
Speaker 5: I don't think they need help.
Speaker 4: But then then then they need to have a friend, though.
Speaker 2: We don't need to.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe they would be happier with their lives if they had a friend.
Speaker 7: Okay, I want to talk.
Speaker 4: About serious stuff. I got a bunch of stuff on the blog today. First of all I want to talk about the fact my voter guide is at the top of the blog at mandy'sblog dot com and you need to go and check it out. Now, I want to talk about one specific issue in the voter guide where I am a yes, but I I want to present the other side of the no because I've gotten so many emails about this particular measure that I want to give a fear shaked this because I've gotten some very very well written, passionate emails about this from people in the veterinary field right now. Measure one twenty nine would establish a veterinary professional associate position. They would have at least a master's degree, and it is my understanding that they could handle a lot of VET services short of surgery, and it would have free up actual vets for the big and significant stuff. And I'm all for this, So I was like, yes, I'm a solid yes on this. Here's the thing, this particular measure does not do any of the rule making around this position. So whatever board oversees veterinarians in Colorado would be able to put the meat on this and with the input of veterinarians, you could possibly have a highly educated person who could come in and do a lot of heavy lifting to a certain point as established by a veterinary board, taking a lot of the weight off of a veterinarian, allowing them to expand their clinics, serve more customers, et cetera. Now I am on the opposite side of this from every veterinary organization that I can see in Colorado. Many vets have emailed me about this and said, look, we don't want people who do not have enough schooling. They didn't go to veterinary school, they haven't gone all the way through the process, and we feel that they could possibly give substandard care. It's a valid argument, it really is. However, when people view something as competition rather than as an opportunity to grow what they're doing, they tend to be reflexively a no. And when you look at the role making that would go around this, if the veterinary associations got together, put their heads together, worked with the board, and created a really nice framework for this position, it could be such a boom to their industry, especially if there was a rule that these veterinary associates have to practice under a fully licensed veterinarian right. It's kind of like a nurse practitioner. This is the way I look at it. I prefer to see my nurse practitioners because they don't just shove drugs down your throat. I don't think they get the huge pharmacology component the medical school students get. So I see a nurse practitioner all the time for my healthcare and it works out really well. But they cannot practice here without being under another doctor, so or at least they used to, not to be able to do it anyway. But I wanted to give you the other side. The Veterinary Association is fully against this and would love for you to vote no. But I am still a yes for the reasons that I just gave. I think that this could be a boon to veterinarians in Colorado, and that is why I'm a yes. When we get back, I've got a question should candidates be able to pay themselves out of campaign funds? And an answer that may surprise you. We'll do that next. The story is about the fourth Congressional District Democratic candidate Tricia Calvaresi, and The Colorado Sun reports that she has been paying herself a salary from her campaign funds and yesse Paul writes the story. But there's that. Let me try this again. Let me just start over. The headline is Tricia calvaretcy Lauren Bobert's Democratic opponent, has been paying herself a salary from her campaign. The subheadline is there's nothing illegal about the payments, but it's unusual for candidates to pay themselves or their loved ones a salary because of the criticism it can draw. Now, she is not paying herself like the kind of money that Dave Williams is paying himself. She paid herself a little over three thousand dollars in July and then began taking a bi weekly salary, so every two weeks of about twenty six hundred roughly from her campaign. That's a typical paycheck for someone who earned sixty three five hundred dollars a year. So she is not gouging her campaign. It is not illegal. And I got to tell you, I don't really have a problem with this. Now I start to have a problem when candidates put all their family members on the payroll for whatever reason. I really have an issue with that, where like, oh, my cousin's doing security, my ex husband's going to plan some events, you know this is gonna happen, This is gonna that's when it goes a little bit too far. But I am not opposed to candidates paying themselves out of campaign funds under one condition, and that is you disclose to donors immediately that you are planning on doing this. And here's why I'm not against it. Running for office is a full time job. It really is, especially when you're running in a district as large as the fourth Congressional district. And I don't want a system that prevents people who don't have means from being able to run for office. I want middle class people to be able to run for office, and I think that if this is a way to make that happen, then, by gosh, by golly, why not. I know that people have been criticized in the past, and I may have been critical of this in past, But the more that I know about how much a campaign consumes, and it consumes so much, I mean, so much to do it right and to do it well. It is a full time job. And I'm wondering what you guys think now before you immediately crack back like, of course, of course, she's you know, a Democrat or whatever. I really want you to think about this, because in my mind, I'm thinking about a person who maybe is has a job where look at a couple. Okay, you got a couple. You got a guy, maybe he owns a small business, and you've got a wife. Maybe she's a teacher or has some kind of you know, other middle class job, and she decides that she wants to run for office. Well, the husband may not bring in enough to kind of keep things going, and so why shouldn't she be able to take a salary if she has to take time off work to run for office. By the way, Tricia Calvarecy, if she was able to win this, it would be an absolute I mean it would be earth shattering because the fourth Congressional district is very reliably Republican and Lauren Bobert is the nominee, and I don't see a lot of Republicans, enough Republicans moving their vote to Tricia Calvaresey to have her win in that race. But she also has collected an absolute gobsmacking amount of money, I mean a gobsmacking amount of money, and so it's not like her campaign can't afford it. It's not like the Republican Party that is bringing in no money but still paying a ton of money to the consulting firm run by Dave Williams or something. I don't even know now. To be clear, if you are the if you are the incumbent, you cannot do this. It's illegal to pay yourself out of campaign funds. So Lauren Bobert could not do this. She has to you know, she can't doesn't have this option. Now here's another something that you might want to know. Republican Gabe Evans is also paying himself a salary. He's paying himself sixteen hundred and fifty bucks a month. Hardly something to freak out about. But again, Gabe Evans is not a guy who comes from a ton of money. So yeah, I just wonder if five six six nine oh is the text line five sixty six nine oh. So there you go, five six six nine oh. I'd love to know if it's okay with you, Devil's Advocate. Wouldn't paying yourself out of campaign funds encourage people to run sham campaigns just so they can make money, You know, there's the possibility of that. But here's the thing. Ask any candidate it is really hard to get people to give you money, really really really hard. When you're running a political campaign, that is the thing you spend the month, this amount of time doing is fundraising, and you immediately be in to find out that people don't like to write checks necessarily. It's a hard thing to run for office, So to do it just as grift. Uh yeah, I don't that's a that's an inefficient grift. I guess would be. I mean you'd be There's so many other ways to separate people from their money than a political campaign. Trust me, Uh, this asks could one run for office in perpetuity? Not a bad gig. See my earlier comment about how hard it is to get people to give you money. It is very, very difficult. I don't know. I think it's okay, I'm I think I guess you would have to ask how do you set that limit? How do you decide how much you're going to pay yourself? And if you are someone running for a town council seat and your entire campaign is going to bring in eighty thousand dollars, are you going to pay yourself? I don't know if that's a good look. And I do think, as I said, letting people know that this is what you're doing doing is incredibly, incredibly important. All Right, we're gonna take a quick time out here, and I got so much stuff an imaginary gang might have cut off a guy's finger. More on that, But what I really want to talk about for just a minute, can we talk about what Colorado's staying on daylight saving time would actually look like. We're gonna do that next. This question. After the election is over, does she get to keep all the money that's left in her campaign account? That would be a good payday. Well, the Federal Elections Commission does not allow a candidate to like write a check to themselves unless they have loaned money to their campaign. They are allowed to pay themselves back. That money could be dispersed a multitude of ways. They could keep it in an account if they want a future run, if they are done with politics and are done running, then they can donate it to charity. They can donate it to a pack. They can donate it to a political party or another candidate. But you know, like some candidates will donate to their own super pack that they create, so they're basically paying themselves out of the donation. You know, and the FEC doesn't really do anything. I mean they really don't, so yeah, they It's one of those. Now, can we talk about something really, really really important for a second. It's about to be that time on the first Sunday of November when we get our hour that the government stole from us in the spring back as clocks fall back for an hour and we go to standard time. Now, two years ago, Colorado passed legislation to stay on daylight saving time permanently. Federal law has not allowed us to do that, so we're waiting for the federal government to decide something. I don't know if the clock shift. This from our friends at Fox thirty one. If the clock shift doesn't necessarily cut down on sunlight, it would have an impact on day to day life. If Colorado switched to day saving time permanently, the time would only matter in the winter. According to time and date, when the clocks shift back on November third, twenty twenty four, the sun will rise at seven thirty one am and set just before five pm. However, if Denver permanently stayed on daylight saving time, the sun would continue to rise after seven thirty am and set just before six pm. Hey, Rod, which would you rather have dark in the morning or a little more light in the afternoon, or a little more light in the morning and dark in the afternoon.
Speaker 6: I rather have it be dark in the afternoon because it feels like the days are nice and long, whereas like the sun's down out bedtime immediately.
Speaker 4: Wait, so you'd rather have more light in the afternoon.
Speaker 5: No, well, as long as it gets darker early. I actually do kind of like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you would be you want to go back, you want the sun to set before five pm?
Speaker 5: Unsome before five. I gotta find this sweet.
Speaker 4: I mean, we can't make the day any longer, right, I mean, so, so we're either in the middle, We're either going wait, we're either sun rises at six thirty one am setting just before five pm, or sun rising after seven thirty am and setting just before six pm. Ok Okay, that's what I thought you just were saying. That didn't make any sense, Now it does. Yeah, So yeah, Mandy, the semi annual cavetching sessions about daylight saving time make my eyes glaze over. As someone who has to get to work early in the am, I'm all in a favor of switching it up. Alternatively, let's move it thirty minutes and then keep that year round. Each camp gets a little of what they want, Okay, King Solomon splitting the baby on that. Do you know that the Iranians their clock is oriented a half hour off of ours because they you know, if you control the time, you control everything. Did you know that? Fun fact? Fun fact? What would you, guys rather do Do you want sun in the morning or sun in the afternoon. Do you want daylight Saving time that is sun in the morning or do you want standard time that is sun in the afternoon? Mandy, People with seasonal depression dread turning clocks back. And this is why I keep bitching about this. To be perfectly frank, I've had sleep issues my entire life. I've been a chronic insomniac diagnosed ephen since I was a child. And this two times a year. This messes me up for like a month. And I realize that those of you who are blessed, and you are blessed, if you're one of those, I just lay my head down on the pillow and go to sleep. People, I have such envy, Oh lord, I am jealous of you. I am not that person, and I have tried everything, so it's not just me complaining because I don't want to it. Trust me. We already know more people have heart attacks the monday after spring forward, more people get an auto accident. It's the Monday after spring forward. The week after spring forward, there is more extra excess mortality than any other single week in the year. It's time. It's time, Mandy, thanks for ruining my day. Why don't they move a half hour and be done with it? Sun in the afternoon says this texture on the Common Spirit Health text line. Hey, Mandy, what are the advantages to having light later in the afternoon? From a coaches perspective? For little kids land and a little bit older children, is the additional late made practice made so much easier? David? I agree. I want kids to have time to play outside after school. Son in the afternoon, afternoon son in the PM standard Please, Mandy. I would perform more in the afternoon for this reason. It means I can sleep in a little bit later before I have to go deer hunting. I like your attitude, sir Madam.
Speaker 7: I like it.
Speaker 4: I like it a lot longer afternoons says this text is a photographer. I need it for work. My business dies November three. Oh that's terrible, man. If we stick to standard time, the sun will come up at four am in the summer. To think about that, that's a problem. Permanent standard time is better for your health, says this texter. Yeah, I've said before, fall back thirty minutes and then leave the clock alone. I mean that would be weird, though, wouldn't it Wouldn't it just be strange to all of a sudden go from twelve thirty to one. I don't know if I could wrap my head around that. I just don't. I don't know, Mandy, stay on daylight saving time. When I was in college, daylight saving time meant uh oh, that updated time meant more homework. No more homework got done. Everyone schoolwork suffered. I hated it. Stay on daylight saving time. I want it darker earlier. When it's snowy and cold out, I like to hunker down for the evening. I'm in construction, and I don't like the idea of having to start at seven thirty or eight so I can work in the light. I like to start at seven o'clock in the morning. That is a very legitimate line of reasoning. We're looking at this all wrong. Let's just lengthen the number of hours the sun shines. Ha ha ha, smarty pants. Everybody's got to be a Wisenheimer. Morning already sucks, says this texter. Give me the light in the afternoon, But then God meant for noon to be noon. Stay on standard times, says this person. This is not helping me at all. People. Dang it, I thought we'd have some kind of resolution when we get back. The big money scam of black lives matters. Well, it's finally over. I'll tell you about that next.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock accident and injury lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell.
Speaker 3: And Care the nice that's food free man Yconna keeping you a real sad thing.
Speaker 2: The two minute drill at two, Hey, we're go to minute warnings, rerapidfire stories of the day that we don't have more time for play triple.
Speaker 8: Let's call this.
Speaker 2: It will take longer than two minutes.
Speaker 4: Are up.
Speaker 2: Here's Mandycondle.
Speaker 4: All right, my friends, if you're one of those sorts who dies just to take a ballot, selfie of who you voted for and whatnot? Good news. In Colorado that is perfectly legal, so you can show everybody your secret ballot if you want. Now, in fourteen states, it is not legal. So if you're planning on voting somewhere else because you don't live here, you're probably gonna want to find out what the rules are there. But Colorado snap away, feel free, go crazy. But does anybody really care? The answer is no.
Speaker 2: Next story the two minute drill at too y'all.
Speaker 4: Rudy Giuliani is flat broke. He has been absolutely busted down to nothing, and a federal judge on Tuesday ordered him to turn over all of his valuable possessions and his Manhattan penthouse apartment to the control of the two women who won a defamation suit that he now owes one hundred and fifty million dollars to. The judge said, look, you got to turn over your interest in the property the woman in seven days to a receivership they will control. And it is swift, it is simple. And now Rudy Giuliani is homeless, and one must wonder, at this stage in the game, do you think he thinks it was worth it. I'm guessing the answer, maybe no.
Speaker 2: Next story too.
Speaker 4: Good news, you guys, And if you can't tell, I'm dripping in sarcasm right now. In case you were wondering who was behind the salacious rumors that circulated about Tim Walls last week on social media, we have the same group of intelligence officials that told us all that Unter Biden's laptop was fake, but they've come out to say it has the classic symptoms of Russian influence actors. You know what, when I saw this today, first of all, I rolled so hard, Like any of these people have any credibility left after the Hunter Biden debacle. They need to shut up and sit down. That's all I have to say about that. Next film, here's a fun story. A majority of practicing Christians are admitting to watching porn, and not only that, they don't even feel bad about it. This is not good news. And in a research report called Beyond the Porn Phenomenon, and it was produced with a ministry, they found that pornography use is so prevalent among all demographics, and the gap in use among Christians and non Christians, as well as men and women, has gone way narrower over the last eight years. Even though practicing Christians were still found to view it less frequently than non Christians. The gap between the two groups is only fourteen percentage points. Some fifty four percent of Christians reported viewing porn compared to sixty eight percent of non Christians. It breaks down like this, seventy five percent of Christian men forty percent of Christian women reported consuming porn on some level. Now, obviously people in the pulpit are a little worried that their message is not getting through, but no one really knows what to do about it. What's more troubling, according to the study, is it well over half of Christians who use porn say they're comfortable with their porn use and the reality for those who struggle in the church that they too often feel like they are alone. Eighty two percent said no one is helping them with their struggle with pornography if they believe themselves to be struggling at all.
Speaker 9: Next story too, Now, if you haven't heard, if you are a quarter pound of a cheese lover at McDonald's, you're going to want to go ahead and steer clear of that.
Speaker 4: Because a man in Mesa County has succumbed to e coalie after having a quarter pounder with cheese. This is one of forty nine documented cases scattered over ten states, including Colorado, and the problem seems to be linked to the onions on the quarter pounder with cheese, and McDonald's has pulled the burgers it's associated ingredients off the menu in some states, including hours and they'll be back on when they can ensure that people can eat them safely. And no, I don't think anything has to do with Donald Trump's visit to McDonald's. Stop at you people.
Speaker 2: Next story too.
Speaker 4: Now, this last story is one that we need to talk about. We need to talk about how pinterest is ruining everyone's lives and how some people who don't have enough things to do have come up with new ways to make other parents feel like crappy parents. And it's got to stop. And I'm talking about boo baskets. Have you ever heard of this boo basket nonsense?
Speaker 5: A rod, I've heard of it.
Speaker 4: So apparently you start, you make this big ass basket full of stuff for Halloween and then you drop it off on someone's porch and you're like, oh, you've been boo basketed or something, And now you're supposed to go out and buy a bunch of prep for a different basket and go take it to someone else.
Speaker 5: I don't really die with this.
Speaker 6: We did the booing, Yeah, we did the booing a long time ago. It was a different variation, but of the realm. It was a fun neighborly activity.
Speaker 4: I will say, remember that, what was the variation, what's the variation on this?
Speaker 5: It was like you would leave.
Speaker 6: It was some variation of like you would say that you booed a neighbor, so like you would leave certain things I think at other houses, not where they come to yours.
Speaker 5: I can't remember exactly how it was, but it was fun.
Speaker 4: Were you leaving like baskets of stuff?
Speaker 5: I don't know if it was baskets at least, definitely like some candy and like some like knick knacks. But it was no, no, no, yeah, right time.
Speaker 4: No, I'm the person that it's gonna die on my doorstep. I'm not doing that. I'm not I'm not getting roped in. And here's the thing. One of the benefits of being an older mom is I don't care, and you can't make me feel bad for not caring about this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a fun and festive Halloween tradition where neighbors leave treats and surprises for each other anonymously.
Speaker 5: It's called you getting booed. We used to do that in our neighborhood.
Speaker 2: I remember.
Speaker 4: No, okay, this is the same fun that the shelf on the elk or the elf on the shelf is. You know, Oh, fun, fun family activity. It's gonna make you freak out at two o'clock in the morning wondering if your elf made it back from a night out. If you know what I mean, you gotta get booed. Come on, I know, I'm I'm going like I'm sour pussing on that. That's terrible, just terrible.
Speaker 6: We had a dandy old time in the neighborhood growing up. Okay, it was fun. I remember now getting booed. It was good time.
Speaker 4: I you know, maybe you all knew that you had that kind of time. I don't know that kind of time, like my mom. I hope my daughter never comes to me and says, boom. Now my daughter never comes to me and is like, hey, Mom, how come I didn't have a photograph of myself with a carefully constructed chalkboard on every first day of school, cause I'm not a Pinterest mom. That's not how I roll. There's no rolling like that in our house. We don't do that. I'll bite candy, I'll take you trick or treating. You gotta work for it. And here's the thing that gets me, Like kids should have to go through the work part of Halloween. This is why I'm fundamentally opposed to the trunk or treat situation for more than like toddlers. For toddlers, it's perfectly fine, perfectly fine, they're little littles. But when you're in elementary school, you better get your ass around the neighborhood right.
Speaker 6: Now or you come down on I assume I know what side you're on when it comes to driving to different neighborhoods and Halloween trigg or treating in different neighborhoods.
Speaker 4: My neighborhood is not good, but we don't. We will go to someone else's neighborhood, but we don't drive around.
Speaker 5: It's walking the kids in and out of cars driving around.
Speaker 6: If you go into the hood and park in one spot, and then that's what the wholehood, that's okay.
Speaker 4: And we do it with people who live in that neighborhood, because our neighborhood is not good.
Speaker 6: But I've seen like cars following the kids, following the kids trick or treating NonStop, like that's parking a spot.
Speaker 5: Do the hood get back to the car.
Speaker 4: Yep. Agree to the person who just sent this text, Anthony and is now incumbent upon you to go boo Mandy at her house or at least at the studio, and you know what, you know what, I'm going to pass that basket right back to you. They're like, here you go, Boo, I booed you back there you go, Mandy. You're sounding like an old lady. Correct, because I don't have that kind of time. We'll be right back.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 4: I don't normally talk about crime stories until after they're sort of disposed of, right when they're fully adjudicated, then we might talk about it, reflect on it, whatever. Except this story is so nuts. Oh, we have to talk about this. We have no choice. This from our friends at Fox thirty one. Denver police arrested two people in connection to an alleged kidnapping and assault wherein the victim's finger was amputated by his captors. According to the Denver Police department. An adult man arrived at the Denver Police District station on October seventh to report a kidnapping and aggravated assault. He told police four people he lived with held him against his will and assaulted him, including amputating a finger. After two days of captivity, the victim was able to escape and report the incident. Now, the really bad part is Denver Police that officers conducted a welfare check at the location where the victim had been held and investigated to the extent they were able without having full consent or sufficient evidence of a crime that would allow the officers to get a search warrant. The victim told police that the suspects left the location after the welfare check, which allowed him to escape hours later. On October eighteenth, police arrested Jose Pinera Moreno and Darwin Valiz Gonzalez and help them for investigation a first to ree kidnapping in prisons, secrete with bodily injury, first to reassault, disfigurement, criminal extortion, And this is my favorite line. Police told Fox thirty one that officers are still investigating whether this incident was gang related activity. Now, I've watched enough crime shows, right, I mean, Ayrod, you've seen the crime shows. We all know how this goes. When you take someone ransom for ransom, you kidnap them, and you call their family and say, if you ever want to see them alive again, you better pay X amount of dollars and oh, by the way, we'll drop off his finger to let you know how serious we are. We've seen this. We already know how this goes. We already know now. We will have to wait, of course, to find out if they are actually in a gang. But stories like this, I mean, has this I've only been here a little over ten years. Is this how Denver rolls?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: We got stories of people being kidnapped in their own homes and then having a finger cut off, and then people getting arrested for extortion after they cut somebody else's finger off allegedly. Is this what we are now? Is this who we are?
Speaker 3: Is this?
Speaker 5: I mean?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 4: Because I gotta tell you, growing up in Florida in the nineteen eighties, you would hear stories like this all the time out of Miami in Fort Lauderdale during the big big cocaine you know, cowboy days, stuff like this happened all the time. And I'm just is that what we're looking at now? Is this what we're gonna do? Is this where we are? And if we do have gang members who are here illegally, is there any doubt that they would not try to somehow, I don't know, capitalize on the fact that people are still running around saying they don't exist. So let me just recap this story. So nine News I'll just write their script right now. Imaginary gang may have cut off a guy's finger, unfounded allegations, though unfounded allegations. Yeah, it doesn't have a finger, but we don't know. We have no idea what's going on, certainly just random violence with no connection to any kind. Because I know when I was nineteen, I said to my friend when we were hanging out, you know what we should do. We should kidnap somebody and cut the finger off. No, that did not happen because I am not a criminal, unlike these two gentlemen who will now have to defend themselves in court after we find out, if we ever find out if they have gang ties. If you are a police officer, by the way, I owes any inside information on that, I love it. Mandy. This sounds like the movie Le Grande Lebowski, Little Bit, Little Bit Mandy. Any word if the governor has filed suit against the victim for insinuating there's gang activity in Colorado TBD, Texter TBD. Anyway, let's do this. Let's just take a break. When we get back, I have a fascinating story about what happened to the ninety million dollars that was collected by Black Lives Matter, And whatever you're thinking, you're right, You're absolutely right. We'll be back right after this. Look at it. A story from the Free Press. And I talk about the Free Press all the time, and I'm not trying to get you a bunch of subscriptions you don't need. But there are a few things that are worth your money, and a subscription to the Freepress dot com is one of them. This is not a paid endorsement. I have no business relationship with them. I love what they are doing at the Free Press because it's a bunch of journalists that have gotten tired being micromanaged by big media. And here is the Free Press doing some incredible reporting, including this story from today. Black Lives Matter. In a very short period of time in twenty twenty, managed to bring in about ninety million dollars ninety million dollars in a year, so people are starting to ask what happened to all the money, including the internal Revenue Service and the state to California. So let's just say this, Black Lives Matter there are two separate organizations. There is Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation and Black Lives Matter Grassroots. Grassroots was formed in about twenty nineteen as an umbrella organization of local chapters of the group and was co directed by Malina Abdullah. So the other Global Network Foundation was started by a woman named Patrise Culers and two other women whose name I cannot remember right now. I remember Patrese's name because she was busted after buying multiple properties with money from Black Lives Matter. But she's not the only grifter in the situation now. Mss Abdullah, who was the leader of Black Lives Matter Grassroots, has been accused by other chapter leaders of using their money to pay for vacations to Jamaica and her own personal expenses. She has denied the allegations, but at least eight point seven million dollars in donations are unaccounted for. That's where California comes in. California Attorney General Rob Bonta has demanded that Grassroots turn over their delinquent tax filings and late fees before this Sunday. If they don't, they're going to pull their tax exempt status in California. Now, three years after BLM Grassroots split from Global, It sued Global alleging financial mismanagement, claiming that ten million dollars in BLM Global donations actually belonged to Grassroots. The court threw out the case and they ordered Grassroots to pay these seven hundred thousand dollars in legal fees that were incurred by the Global organization. Now, let's talk about the Global Organization for just a second. It started in July of twenty thirteen by Patrise Cullers, Alicia Garza, and Opal Toomeny. They were responding to the killing of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman in twenty twelve. The stated goal was inspiring but vague. The founders described it as a quote a platform and organizing tool that other groups, organizations, and individuals used to amplify anti black racism across the country. By the mid twenty tens, its founders were well known. Two of them have left to launch their own celebrity brands. Patrise's Culors has been running or was running, Black Lives Matter Global herself, and in nineteen ninety after George Floyd was killed by police, they raised ninety million dollars in a year. So in addition to just skimming money off the top, Patrise's Culors ink to deal with Warner Brothers. She got a deal with Warner Brothers to create animated kids programming, documentaries, dramas, and comedies about structural racism and inequality. Boy those sound don't they? Well, they were never made, but I bet she cashed the check she and the foundation. Also, I love the way they say she and the Foundation. That's so so so funny, so so so funny. She and the foundation bought a bunch of real estate. They got a six million dollar mansion in Los Angeles, a six point three million dollar mansion in Canada, they got a three point two acre estate in Georgia, and a Black Lives Matter Global handed out money to a bunch of Patrise Colors, friends and relatives, including seven hundred and seventy eight thousand dollars for services to an arts group run by the father of her son, A one point six million dollar check to a security firm owned by her brother Paul. The foundation also kept checks totally two hundred and five thousand dollars to a company run by Colors and her spouse, as well as a two hundred and eleven thousand dollars payout to a friend who helped Colors write her memoir. So Black Lives Matter collected four point six million dollars in the fiscal year that ended in June of twenty twenty three, but they spent ten point eight million.
Speaker 6: Yeah on what.
Speaker 3: On what?
Speaker 4: Black Lives Matter Global is still trying to recover from Patrise's Colors. She stepped down a month after it was revealed that she bought all those houses. By the way, from what I understand, those houses are not in the name of Black Lives Matter, They are in Patrise's Colors name. She owns those houses. So yeah, yeah, and I'm gonna be This is what happens when a pile of money falls on people who don't understand how to handle money. And it's what happens when a pile of money falls on people who believe that everything in the world is corrupt and stacked against them, Because then that justifies anything they want to do, because as long as you believe that the entire world is inherently and irredeemably racist, and you are a black person like Patrice Colors is, then you can justify bilking the people who are giving you money to make race relations better. I don't know if that was ever the goal. It certainly hasn't. I mean, I don't think anybody is going to tell you that race relations are better now than they were. You know, twenty five years ago. I grew up that I mentioned this earlier in the show. I grew up in a small town in the Deep South, and when I was very young, there was there was enough racism in my hometown to be noticeable. All the black people lived on one side, all the white people lived on the other side. But within our hometown there was a lot of mixing of people outside of where they lived. You know, you would often see an old white man and an old black man sitting next to each other fishing. You would see people sitting at the you know, at lunch together, having lunch together. Black and white, people work together, black and white. It was it was very weird. It was very strange. But all of that being said, one of the things that that situation taught me is that though you know, there were openly racist people in my hometown, overall, most people were good and decent, and most people didn't look at things that way. They looked at the person that was in front of them, and if they were a good person, that's how they decided whether or not they wanted to be around them. You had to be a quality person. And you look at the belief system here, the Patrice Colors belief system that every white person is a problem and there's no hope, and we are a hopelessly racist country. And of course they could do anything and justify it to themselves. You know, when you believe you're a victim, it is very easy to become an oppressor because you believe somewhere in your heart that you are owed this right. I mean, this is the logic of looters. Looters believe they're owed something. Okay, with all due respect, what did Nike do to you? You know, what exactly did Nike or Macy's or Louis Vauton do to oppress you? And yet you're using that as a justification to behave badly. Now it's a black Lives Matter. I think, as after reading this story, as a movement is largely done. It's just done. And a big part of the problem, as made in this article was Black Lives Matter disastrous, absolutely disastrous embrace of defund the police. Because defund the police, we now know was an abject of failure, and cities that embrace it are now scrambling, like Denver, are to fill the police positions that they need filled because crime got out of control because we didn't have enough cops. And all of those idiots who have been saying for years more cops doesn't equal more safety have had it shoved down in their throat because it does.
Speaker 3: It just does.
Speaker 4: So yeah, this person Mandy at BLM was a conservative group. Everyone would be on trial. You are correct about that. Now, I don't necessarily think that all of these players are going to escape, because some of them have not escaped in Atlanta. Wait, let me find this very quickly to make sure I got this correct. Don't want to get this wrong. It's a long article. Bear with me for just a second. Tyree Kanyer's page aka Sir Major Page. He was a thirty four year old former leader of the BLM chapter of Greater Atlanta. He was just sentenced to forty two months in federal prison for money laundering and why fraud pocketing the four hundred and fifty thousand dollars he raised from eighteen thousand donors to fight for George Floyd and the movement page lavishly spent on himself, splurging on tailored suits, nightclub bar tabs, an evening with a prostitute, and, as he texted to a friend, a big ass crib that he bought in Ohio after he quote won the lottery. So it people are being held to account. Not everyone is getting away with it, but I do think that there would be perhaps a lot more aggressive investigation if this were a right wing organization one hundred percent. I agree with you on that, Texters. But they are being held accountable. Mandy, I didn't know we defunded the police in twenty twenty. The movement took off in twenty twenty. It surely did.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 4: Dexter said, we tore down all the statues and destroyed the cities. Didn't that fix race for sure? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yep, yep, yep, Mandy. What's the difference from that and Trump raising money for his legal fees. He's not telling his donors the truth either. I don't like Black Lives Matter either. I've talked about the fact I think it's wrong for Donald Trump to pay for legal fees out of campaign funds unless he tells people these funds are going to go to my legal fund, and he has there's a separate legal fund that people can donate to. I've said that before on the show. I think it's terrible, but you know what, I'm not donating to him. They go on in this to talk about the fact that the movement has largely collapsed, but there are still outposts, and now they've shifted their focus from Black Lives Matter to guess what. Guess what? Just guess guess before I say it. Guess before I say it.
Speaker 7: What.
Speaker 4: Oh if you guessed anti Zionism, you guessed correctly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So there are the side of Hamas, which just makes me know I am on the right side of history. Mandy, I'm not gonna read that one texter who is asking about the segment on YouTube about social media that is on my blog at mandy'sblog dot com. I also embedded a link so you can find everything. As a matter of fact. If you hear of anything on the show and you don't know or you want more information, you can always go to my blog at mandy'sblog dot com. That's why I do it. That's the sole reason last story of the day. I want to get this in Because I didn't put this on the blog, it may be on tomorrow's blog. So the United States National Institute of Health funded a study starting in twenty five twenty fifteen, as part of a broader, multimillion dollar federal project on transgender youth. She and colleagues recruited ninety five children from across the country and gave them puberty blockers, which stave off permanent physical changes like breasts or a deepening voice that could exacerbate their gender distress known as dysphoria. The researchers followed the children for two years to see if the treatments improve their mental health. An older Dutch study had found that puberty blockers improved well being, results that inspired clinics around the world to regularly prescribe the medications as part of what is now called gender affirming care, but the American trial did not find a similar trend. Doctor Olsen Kennedy said in a wide ranging interview, puberty blockers did not lead to mental health improvements. She said most likely because the children were already doing well when the study began. They're in really good shape when they come in, and they're in really good shape after two years. The conclusion seems to contradict an earlier description of the group, in which doctor Olsen Kennedy and her colleagues noted that one quarter of the adolescents were depressed or suicidal before treatment. In the nine years since the study was funded, the National Institute of Health has decided not to publish the data. Not to publish the data you know why, because, she said the findings might fuel the kind of political attacks that have led to the bands of youth gender treatments in more than twenty states, one of which will be considered by the Supreme Court. She said, I don't want our work to be weaponized. It has to be exactly on point, clear and concise, and that takes time. So let me explain to you what's happening. The National Institute of Health is experimenting on children, and when things don't go the way that they wanted them to go, they simply changed the information about where they started. And this is what we're supposed to trust. The science. The science, the science, manny I love. No matter the topic, there's always someone arguing, well, what about Trump? You guys have no idea. How many text messages I don't read on the air, you have no idea? Oh to the text? Who said?
Speaker 5: Did you see?
Speaker 4: Trump is gonna be on Joe Rogan Friday? Once again? Once again, when it comes to campaigning, Donald Trump takes the knees right out from under Kamala Harris because stories were out last week Kamala Harris is considering an appearance on the Joe Rogan Show. So my guess is is that someone on Trump's team saw that on social media and got on the phone and called up Joe Rogan and said, hey, you want Trump on Friday. And Joe Rogan was like, hey, y I'll take Trump on Friday, bring him in. So now Joe Rogan is going to interview Trump, and no one cares if Kamala Harris is gonna be on the Joe Rogan Show. No one cares, no one, no one. I think I'm gonna leave you on this text message just to go off on a high note. Have I'm voting for Adolf Hitler two point zero in this BS election. There are no winners. Come November fifth, a miracle will be destroyed no matter which power hungry liar wins, Satan wins, and the United States loses. You're not altogether wrong, not altogether wrong. All right, let's go and talk to our man, Ryan Edwards, because now it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio of its kind, the world of the day. All right, now, Ryan, you today are hamstrung, my friend, you you have to wait until the question is over.
Speaker 5: This time, I'm just saying, yeah, who makes the rules here?
Speaker 4: Because it ain't Yeah, No, the rules have to be the same for everybody. We're not Democrats. Okay, Wow, the rules must be the same for everyone. Sorry, it was it was like low hanging fruit.
Speaker 5: I had to taste shots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just saying, anyone, Okay, what is our what is our day? Joke of the day? All right?
Speaker 6: Got another Halloween three for They're all bones related? Why did the skeletons start a fight because he had a bone to pick? What is the skeleton's favorite instrument? Whround bone? And how does skeletons know it's going to rain. They feel it in their bones.
Speaker 4: I like that one. Yeah, I like that one. Whoa that is fantastic.
Speaker 5: Word of the day is a noun noun polaveror p l A A p A A l A v E R.
Speaker 4: I know what this is and I don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you knew what it was, then you would say what it was.
Speaker 4: Don't know what it means. At some point in my life, I feel like it's like a Shakespearean word. Polaveror is someone who does a really lousy job at something. He's a real.
Speaker 5: Ryan, totally guessing. Just somebody that is a fleet of foots.
Speaker 6: I don't know, fast to unimportant or meaningless talk.
Speaker 4: That is right. Yeah, theaver going on this show is Polaverora'm right, yeah, we need that, all right. Today's trivia question in geometry, what are complimentary angles?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 4: Come on, nice kind of angles? Just say nice things too.
Speaker 5: That's cute. That was a cute, well done complimentary Actually this.
Speaker 4: Can I answer it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yes, it is two angles that add up to ninety degree.
Speaker 5: I swear to God, that's what I was going to guess along those lines where to God.
Speaker 4: Yeah, supplementary angles. By the way, add up to Okay, Ryan, you have to wait to leave the question.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right? Category is that at all? That means a L L all is in every answer a missed shot in basketball that matches whoa hold on? That can't be So she gets to answer first. But I got because she's on, because she's on zoom all.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm at Southern Command.
Speaker 5: I think I think, I think I think that you both get to answer whenever.
Speaker 4: Okay, zero, okay.
Speaker 6: To remove previously activated software from a computer.
Speaker 4: Manny, what is uninstalled?
Speaker 5: Structural term?
Speaker 6: To engage in stalling tactics and to refuse to give information?
Speaker 4: Mandy, what's stall?
Speaker 2: Wrong?
Speaker 5: Structural turn?
Speaker 6: To engage installing tactics and to refuse to give information?
Speaker 2: Come on, right.
Speaker 5: From a blank? Did you say stall?
Speaker 2: Mandy?
Speaker 5: She did.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to give you the point because we already moved past, but stalling was acceptable.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna give you negative, So go back to where you were.
Speaker 1: Zero.
Speaker 5: What is stone walling? Is what I was looking for.
Speaker 6: We're gonna we're not gonna do negative. We're gonna keep you even Mandy at zero?
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: Sorts of rap reggae hybrid. This style of rhythmic excuse me, this style of music originated in Jamaica in the late seventies, has a L L in it.
Speaker 5: Two acceptable answers, I guess, even though one of them doesn't happen.
Speaker 4: I know what is dance hall?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 5: Whoa oh, I wouldn't have gotten reggae tone essentially.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: This Norse god of light and the Dawn is also the guardian of the by Frost, the rainbow bridge, Brian, come on, oh, oh, guardian of the by Frost.
Speaker 4: I've seen the movies.
Speaker 5: I can't think of his rainbow bridge. He's holding the sword god Ran. What is heal and Alba?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh one one.
Speaker 10: The discussion at the beginning about unfairness and I don't know whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes you know, winners win. That's where we just letting you know. With my big one zero score, I'm just gonna take that and go right now. What do you guys have coming up on KAA Sports?
Speaker 10: Oh, we got all sorts of fun stuff. We're gonna brick Lewis on the program. We've got a little bit of nugget preview. Also, the Broncos are facing a different quarterback now and the Carolina Panthers they're going back to their first overall pick from last year, Bryce Young, so that will be interesting.
Speaker 5: As far as the debate on this show, all.
Speaker 4: Right, my friend, that's coming up next. Keep it right here on Kawa