Speaker 1: Welcome to a special edition of Sunday Night Live with Gary Jeff Walker in for Mike Allen Junior. And a funny thing happened on the way to this microphone tonight. I walked into the studio. Mike Allen Junior was here getting ready for his show. I said, wait a minute. He goes, are we double booked? And I said, I think so, why don't you do the show with me? He said, you know what, I got court in the morning, so you go ahead. So thank you, Mike Allen Junior for this platform in this hour and a half we will spend together. It was interesting to hear callers at the end of extra innings complaining that Austin Elmore was not a homer for the Reds as they had another loss to the Chicago Cubs, of course, losing the series and two words about this number one Cubs good, two more words Reds okay, So you just have to get over it. I think at a certain point I predicted the Reds would go eighty one and eighty one this year, and there are a couple of games behind my predictions, so they do need to pick it up a little bit. But I think they're a five hundred team. They were always going to be a five hundred team, and so there we go. I spent the afternoon with my lovely wife, Chris to two point zero after celebrating our eleventh wedding anniversary yesterday at Alex Egan's wedding reception, which was fantastic. By the way, Alex and Shannon got married yesterday, and we did that the way we usually spend Sunday afternoons, not watching or listening to the Reds, but watching professional golf. And you can say, well, it's like watching paint dry or watching the grass and the rough grow. Not so much at the Memorial Beautiful Golf Course, a very difficult golf course in Columbus and Mirfield that Jack Nicholas himself designed, maybe the goat of all times in professional golf, and Scottie Scheffler once again proved why he's the world number one player. More on that maybe later, but first and foremost, I found out in August of twenty nineteen, in the middle of having all kinds of health problems, that I was a Type two diabetic. I think by a one C was nine point two. My blood sugar was off the charts and wonder of wonders. It had a lot to do, I'll bet with thirty five years of, among other things, drinking Jack Daniels and Coca Cola on a regular basis, having an unavoidable sweet tooth, not worrying about the carbs I was consuming, and it goes on and on and on. Well, now we have a Director of Health and Human Services. You may have heard of him, Robert Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy Junior, who has started the MAHA movement Make America Healthy Again, and our first guest tonight. There are so many people in this country, in the world that are either pre diabetic, have type two diabetes like I do, or type one, and they are bound for ultimate destruction of their kidneys, the loss of limbs, the loss of eyesight, and all the rest without medication. Some are many are insulin resistant as well. Half of the world population could be diabetic or insulin resistant by twenty fifty. Our guest is a healthcare and lifestyle analyst and founder of US Diabetes Care. His name is Tim Keller, and he joins us tonight to talk about these issues. It's a great pleasure to have you on, and this information pertains to a whole lot of people listening, I'm sure, including most importantly me, because ultimately it's always about me. So Tim, Tim right now, I am on Tim, right now, I'm on met Foreman and GlyP Aside. For my type two diabetes, it is under control, as they say, but I would love to not be popping pills every day. That may have other implications for my ultimate health and ultimate goals.
Speaker 2: How you doing good, Gary, I'm good, evening. So you hit a couple of touching points here. Diabetes is you know. The problem is is Medicare Medicaid numbers. So there's ninety three million pre diabetics and there's thirty nine million diabetics. Those are Medicare Medicaid numbers. That's crazy, right You you put the number around, you get the same number. But I'm gonna tell you right now, there's two and a half of four Americans, in my opinion, are diabetic. From our data analytics and things we've done. The scary part is, Gary, we have children of type two diabetes from the alarming rate that we've never seen before. Instant resistant, So people go, what's instant resistance? So INSI resistance is the precursor to TYE two, type three diabetes, cholesterol, high blood pressure, what do you want? Whatever? If you have into resistance, you're gonna have one of the disease states. So that's the proven fact INSI resistance is. So people go, what is that? Now? Not type one? Because type one is don't upload anything into the muscle because they don't produce any inflin from the pancreas to the to the river rout that you know makes Kluker gone. But type two, type three innso resistance insert that lives in the muscle. And so people, what is it? I say, diabies is a muscular disease. So the cells live in the muscle. That take the goose gun up to the cells, and you know what, you can take the including gun up to the cells, and if your cells are dysfunction, which is called metabolic disease, you can live with insular resistance for ten to fifteen years dormant in your body before you become a full blown type two type three. Well, now what we're finding out is that these kids are into the resistant already and they're going into full type two diabetes. You know, twelve thirteen, fourteen years old, I think two and a half of four Americans are diabetic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's the number. You said. Why do you say that exactly? Tim?
Speaker 2: Well, because Gary, So let's let's call the so you said the pre diabetes earlier. There's no such thing as pre diabees. I tell people you're not pre pregnant, either your diabetic or not. Big Farmer came up with pre diabetes as a symptom to call it. So guess what, they can sell more drugs. So let's get you on met form them where you're on the glup a side, Let's get you on the golps, all these drugs that they're making a lot of money on. And the pure thing is if we get people educated on what infant resistance really is, not type two T three writing type two or type three diabes. We know that's a symptom of instant resistance, which teach people to reverse the infant resistance, which reverses all disease states. How do you do that? It comes through lifestyle medicine, It comes through understanding what diabies really is. It comes to understanding what metabolic person you are as a diabetic. You know, God made us all different, we all have different I said, we all have a different thumbprint, we all have different diabetic protocols. We have to educate people so they can learn from lifestyle, medicine, exercise, eating right, staying away from processed foods, hydroiz and ize, wheat, high food those corn syrup, processed sugar and flour, all these things and inter als the floor of the stores and also too gary. I mean bad fats, right, bad fats are I think bad fats are literally the call okay.
Speaker 1: Please for me define bad fats because I know if some fats are important, they're they're vital. What are what are bad fats?
Speaker 2: So so bad fats to me? Are you know all your seed oils, Crisco vegetable oil, all the seed oils that are out there, those are bad fats. They're they're horrible for you. They're in all the processed foods and and uh you know, so basically when we talk about processed foods, anything that's in in inner aisles. If you look at the ingredients on the inter ol products that are all in the inner house, the source, it's all got the bad fats of it.
Speaker 1: What about what about tim what about canola oil? For example, can oil is horrible.
Speaker 2: It's a vegetable oil. So it's so we're talking about good fats or avocado olive oil. You know outside of that, there's not a lot of grain.
Speaker 1: That's more expensive to buy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it is a little more expensive, but you know what when you know, let's talk about that too. You know, meat consumption, right, so everybody's eating meat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's inflammatory. People aren't getting good meats. It's not back like the old days, Gary, where you've got your meat from your farmer, you split a cow or a pig with a neighbor of yours. And you know, people are going to blockbuster stores buying all this process big egg meat that's all full of antibiotics and steroids and everything else that you can make who knows what it is. Then you're throw it on a grill. You got the carcinogens. It's it's horrible to put meat in your body three times a day. We don't need meat consumption that much. It's inflammatory and guess what it causes? An inter CELLULLPROD fat in yourself causes in resistance, which causes diabetes. Now, I you know, trust me, we live you know, our first center was an East Tennessee. You tell East Tennessee, uh, you know that they're not gonna ever meet eat meat again. They're like, you know, I'm going to walk out right now. I'll never come back and see you.
Speaker 1: That would that would be me, Jim. I would be walking out right right now if I said I could never eat meat again.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And and and we say, look, we're not telling you don't eat meat, but eat meat from a source. You know, you're you're where you're getting it from. Get your fat sources, from good fat sources. Because I'm gonna tell you right now. Mexican, you look at the Mexican population of black population, right they're riddle of diabetes. And people go, why is that? Why are those two populations riddle of diabetes? Because they have they cook with the most unhealthiest fats. Their food tastes great. Don't get me wrong, I love I love a good Mexican mill or soul food meal. But they're cooking with the most unhealthy fats, which is causing in resists in their body, which causes their diabetes. And and this is the problem. Gary. No one has been you know, no one's being educated. And even with the Maha movie you took. I love our junior, love what he's trying to do. But the last thing he just says, like, hey, what's hey, let's do some cooking classes. And I'm like, okay, I mean that's great, but cooking classes is like one of the keys of a piano of eighty eight keys, right, there's there's eighty there's eighty seven more keys on a piano. We got to do so much more than just talking about cooking classes. I mean, if we can teach you lot to cook healthy are great, but we got to make better choices of what we're cooking. And it really comes down the airy is functional education of what diabetes really is.
Speaker 1: All Right, So I knew that I had a problem a long time ago, but I was one of those guys who just never went to the doctor. And then I had an incidence with my hypertension, which I also suffered, and I am on medication for UH, and thought I was having a heart attack and went to the emergency room and that's when I find out that I've got this skyrocketing a one. See that my blood sugar is out of control, and no wonder, UH, are there any good sugars.
Speaker 2: You know, Gary, So let's talk about what happened to you. You know, you know why you have eye blood pressure because you have instant resistance. You know why you have diabetes because you have instant resistance. You know why you have cholesterol imfloor resistance. It's all in through resistance. You have to learn and educate yourself on what insto resistance is, and and and and talk about sugars. What are good bad sugars? So you know processed sugar. Okay, So the granulized white sugar that everybody loves that's in everything, by the way, is let's call it chemical poison. It's refined so much. If you took if you take the original sugar, right, and if I.
Speaker 1: Took I took a stock of sugar cane, yes, and and raw sugar and consume that that wouldn't hurt me necessarily, I mean everything. Yeah, okay, yeah, you out.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, Gary, that the sugar cane is a fibrous, chewy, hard stock. Right. But then they take that and they refine it down and refine it down or find it down or find it out, and now we've got processed sugar. It's more addicting than cocaine. It's scientifically more addicted than cocaine. It's in everything. And I heard your segment before we came on about the rum and cokes. There's nothing worse that you could have been drinking in your life.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Jack Daniels and coke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what's yeah, same thing.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you about this. What about all of these zero sugar products that have been introduced in the sun date to Mott, They're worse, worse.
Speaker 2: You might as well be drinking the regular coke. Really, yeah, yeah, it's worse because the thing is is that now you trick your body into something that you think is healthy, but guess what, it breaks it down the same way as still breaks down the sugar that your body. You know, Timothy recognized, the sugar gets broken back down into sugar. So we're you know, we're tricking ourselves thinking we're doing something healthy. It's not like we tell people die coo, you know, we you know, we deal with this all the time. Gary hydrate, hydrate, hydrate, water water water And they're like, well, I drink Mountain doing sweet tea. Well that's not that's not water. Well sweet tea has water in it. Well, guess what you know you also have two cups of sugar and gall and sweet tea. This is this is affecting and resistance. We we we have this argument all the time with patients, you know, and that's the thing. So you know, Gary, if I can give you the magic wand right, so we do a DIVEES education, right, So we're we're DIVINGES focused. But there's four things that every diabet should do. They should stay away from processed foods. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. And when I say hydrate, I'm talking if you're a two hundred pound man or woman or woman, you should drink one hundred ounces of water a day.
Speaker 1: One hundred ounces of water a day.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and half your body weighting ounces of water a day is a recommended dose. Fiber. No one eats fiber. You you should be eating close to five five to ten grams of fiber a day.
Speaker 1: Well, what fiber day you suggest, Tim?
Speaker 2: Well, all fiber comes from natural fruits and vegetables. I mean, if you eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, you're gonna get your natural fiber now.
Speaker 1: And the sugars in those natural fruits and vegetables are okay for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the that's the that's the biggest lie in the planet. That carbs and fruit and vegetables are carbs. No, they're not. They're good carbs. So you got you got the difference between fruit toolts and sugar fruit tailts that comes from the fruit is recognized by your body in a healthy way. It actually regulates over time in a healthy way. And and same playing with vegetables, vegetables that have carbs and them they're healthy carves, they're fast acting carbs. They're they're not dense carves that we're eating from anything white process flour, processed sugar, right, and all those things from carved from that are dense carbs that we're eating. It's it's terrible for your health. We don't. We don't. Our body does not metabolize it well and it clogs up the cells. Like I said, with inter cellu lipid fat, which is where the source of infant resistance comes from.
Speaker 1: What kind of bread is good for you?
Speaker 2: If any so they ezekiel bread or sprouted bread is the bread people should be eating if they want to eat bread, and you know what, it tastes great gary.
Speaker 1: Give me an example give me an example of sprouted bread or a zecyl bread.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you get you know, any whole food store, any grocer store has it there most time in the freezer, all because you know, guess whe they don't have the preservices and the bread that you know, they actually got to freeze. And it's there's all kinds of brands out there, but they're sprout of bread. Basically. It takes the sprout of the wheat and they make the bread from there. Not the hyperis and ied wheat, which is a double eel of the wheat, and it's it's very low and carb it's very it's less dense, and so it's it's and you know what I mean, once you get used from the breadt take. I love raisin bread, right, so I get a zekio bread from the store called it sprout of the zeco bread right from the frozen section, and it's it's great.
Speaker 1: Is there any kind of pasta that you can eat?
Speaker 2: So any any pasta right like brown like rice? Okay, so brown rice, you know, metabolizes a lot slower. It is a great rice for you. Bread uh are pasta same thing. Your wheat pastas are are your plant based pastas that are made from you know, any kind of plant based origin. There's a lot of them out there now. Once again tastes great. They don't taste any different than than apasta you're eating, uh, couliflower pasta. You know, there's so many, so many brands out there now that are a healthy option. But the enriched white pasta made from you know, uh process flour terrible?
Speaker 1: What about say you? I know alcohol is never good for you in large amounts especially, and they're all.
Speaker 2: Very very here because I love alcohol.
Speaker 1: But all right, so, uh what about wine as an alternative to say, uh, distilled spirits or beer?
Speaker 2: Okay, so wine has a lot of sugar, so we tell people there want to drink it's anything clear. So Vodker tequila is a good source wine? Weld it was sugar gary.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well I'm not a whino, so, like I said, I tend to be more on the sour mass side. But I do enjoy a good vodka from time to time. And you say I mock in tequila. I think is if you're going to drinking, to drink all right? All right, well listen, where can people find out more?
Speaker 2: You got a website ten Yeah, so usdiabetescare dot com. Again usdibescare dot com. We have a learn more tab on there. You can get the app from the website, which is an educational app for diabetes. We also are on Apple and Android the App Store US diabyes Care Education. You can download the app from there as well.
Speaker 1: Jim, very informative. I appreciate it. I hope I can follow at least some of your advice so I can be healthier. The one thing I have in my favor is that I'm not obese. I'm not overweight, and that's a big problem too. All of these things contribute to obesity.
Speaker 2: Correct, well, there's a lot of OBC factors that contribute to diabetes. But you know, but you know what, Gary, we've scientifically have foun out in the last you know, fifteen years of obese. This isn't the only cause. I mean, we got even children out there that aren't opees that are diabetic. His resistance isn't a weight isn't a weight issue. It's a it's a systematic of what you're putting into your body. All right, so well, but but but but trust me, you're right, you know obesit does play a factor.
Speaker 1: All right, Tim Keller, thank you so much. This is great information for me and I hope somebody else listening got something from this conversation. It is a Sunday Night Live with Gary Jeff Walker in for Mike Allen Jr. And up next thing in Rosenbaum on the explosion of anti Semitism not just on campuses, but seemingly everywhere. It is Sunday Night Live, Garry Jeff Walker in for Mike Allen Junior. This Sunday evening went a pleasure to be with You. Didn't know if we were actually gonna get here, Hm. But just today you may have heard in the news the FBI investigating a targeted terror attack after several people were injured Sunday today when a suspect threw an explosive device at a pro Israel rally in Boulder, Colorado. Witnesses described a Molotov cocktail like object striking protesters demanding Gaza hostage releases. Several injured, and again the FBI cash Hotel calling this a targeted terror attack. We are aware of and fully investigating a targeted terror attack in Boulder, Colorado. According to Cash Betel, on x local media signed eyewitnesses describing a man throwing something resembling a homemade Molotov cocktail of a group calling for the release of Israeli hostages held in Gaza. It's just another one of those stories that are becoming more and more prevalent, sadly in this country where people don't understand who the bad guys actually are. The bad guys are not Jews, They're not Israelis, They're Hamas. They're the ones that committed the atrocity and the bloodbath. On October seventh, going on how many months are we into this now? And took all these hostages Americans included among them. We had two people murdered outside of a Jewish museum in Washington, DC. Anti Semitism is a real threat not just to Jews, but to the Western way of life. And I say to all Americans to talk about this is a CBS News legal analyst who has studied anti Semitism and what's going on in their college campuses. The global Intifada that has been declared and is being espoused by these many varied groups who want it basically not only cause and call for the destruction of Israel the death of all Jews and ultimately the destruction of Western culture. His name is Thane Rosenbaum, and he joins us now. Thank good evening, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thanks Gerry, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: So you say that the rhetoric on college campuses we've seen run rampid over the last couple of years, Columbia at Harvard and many, many other of these college campuses is responsible for the murders of the two young beautiful people in Washington, d C. A couple of weeks ago. Tell me why you say that's true.
Speaker 3: Well, Gary, it's really only in support of Palestinian rights that you see violence all around the world. This is new to the United States. But if we lived in London or Paris, or Madrid or Stockholm or any of the other major capitals throughout Europe where you've had in the Islamisation of the continent, you'd see you know, remember the cartoonists in Denmark and in France that were murdered. I remember, you know that this is this is not new. You know, in France they've lost are fifty thousand Jews have moved to Israel because it's become unbearable. So you know, This is not new. It's only with respect to Islam. To phrases like death to America, there's no there's no other people on earth that screamed death to America, death to the Pope, death to British. You know, Danish cartoonists, death to French cartoonists. There's only one group of people that's screamed. You get forty thousand people to scream, and now we see it on campuses. You have people who come from Arab and Middle East and Islamic societies that have imported their level of violence, not just to places like Dearborn, Michigan, where there's a large percentage of the Islamists, but all throughout the campuses that have been indoctrinated. So if you if you scream Gary genocide all the time in campus is if you scream globalizing into pada, global lies into Pada, says well, the antapada means the killing of Jews in Israel. Oh I see, So if you globalize it, you can kill them outside of a museum in Washington, d C. Or Or you could kill them at a rally inside and Boulder globalizing into fada. So you know these are not just slogans they're marching orders, they're you know, terror requests, and we're seeing it being acted upon.
Speaker 1: You did not see the the IDF or a group of Jews going into the Gaza strip and cutting off the heads of innocent civilians. You did not see them kidnapping them and holding them hostage. You do not hear Jews anywhere in the world calling for the death of people who call themselves Palestinians. And now I have a really really hard time with even the term Palestinian. It's kind of a it's kind of a made up construct as far as I understand.
Speaker 3: Historically, well, Garrett, there's never been a Palestinian nation. No, there's never been. There's never been, for five minutes, a country with a government, with a currency, with a flag that has been a Palestinian homeland with uge talk about with a language. Yes, when you talk about stealing land, what land? Uh, The land has always it started out as the king Kingdom of Judah Judea under King David and King Solomon. We know that from the Old Testament and hid it and and by the time the Greeks and the Romans at that point, that part of the world had always been occupied. Guess what until Israel reclaimed it. So it went from the Jews the ancestral homeland of the Jews until the return of the ancestral homeland of the Jewy.
Speaker 1: And they talk about that. They talk talk about the settlements in the West as being occupied by Jews. Well, it's always been occupied by Jews. And I will tell you I think that the Israeli government and the Jewish people have been very welcoming of the Arabs who were sent there as refugees back in the nineteen sixties by the other Arab countries who did not want them in their country, Jordan, Syria. It's been a complete rewriting of history that has made up this false narrative that there is a Palestinian homeland in Israel.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, let's talk about Gaza. And you know, I have a new book out Beyond Proportionality, Israel's Just War and Gozo, which debunks all of the talk of genocide and Palestinian statehood and the five rejected offers of a homeland to the Palestinians. They keep rejecting it because they really don't want to share the land with Jews. They want what their charter says, Both Hamas and the PLO dead Jews. They're interested. That's what's from the river to the sea means yep, Palestine will be flee. It means they'll be without Jews. So you know Israel, twenty percent of Israel is made up of Arabs, and they have full civil and political rights. They serve on the Supreme Court, they serve in the legislature. They are entitled to all the rights and privileges of Israelis. But the Palestinians have said if they ever have a homeland, not a single Jew could live there. So you're talking about, as you pointed out, people who six thousand people invaded Israel on October seventh. People. Forget four thousand were Hamas, two thousand were civilians. So that means civilians were involved in gang raping teenagers who were just at a rock concert. This is the part that's so demented.
Speaker 2: Gary.
Speaker 1: They were involved in They were involved in raping women, then beheading those, cutting babies out of women's stomachs. These atrocities are unmatched in modern history.
Speaker 3: Thing and the Nazis didn't do anything like this. The Nazis would be would be horrified. You would you were cutting off the breasts of women who only a barbarian does that. That's the Nazis would blanche and say, we who does stuff like this? But besides which, Gary, you know, if you this is how twisted things are and how anti semitic this issue is, because why would students on campus be cheering for terrorists who invaded a rock concert with kids that had nose rings and tattoos. These were not religious Jews. They weren't religious. They were on a Saturday, were at a rock concert, so you would think the opposite would happen. You gang raped girls in front of their boyfriends. You beheaded people, you you torched babies, You put babies into ovens, And when you're cheering that on, you should have been saying, these were people just like us. They went to a rock concert, and look how things ended up. We should all fly down to North Egypt, go up to the border with Gaza and demand the return of the hostages. Instead, everything got twisted, and the posters of babies and children and people who were kidnapped got torn down, and on October eighth, all of a sudden it became Israel's fault.
Speaker 1: Let's have some clarity here too, thing because many of the anti jew protesters, the anti Semitic protesters, are claiming that they're protests on American campuses, that vandalism and violence and the intimidation of Jewish students on campuus is a protected First Amendment right. There is nothing constitutionally protected. This is not constitutionally constitutionally protected freedom of speech.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, as you know, I'm leading analysts by trade, I'm also a law professor, and and I've written a book on the First Amendment on top of that, right, let me let so on. So you're actually talking to someone who actually knows what he's saying. So this is what's so crazy that even law professors are afraid to speak because they know that if I went on campus and said I'm opposed to racial preferences, I'm opposed to any and I'm not, but I'm saying, let's say I was, I'm opposed to any policy that prefers people of color. And the way I choose to express the view is to scream lynch blacks, lynch blacks, lynch blacks. I would be shot in ten minutes. I should be suspended from school, I should be you know, any you.
Speaker 1: Should be under you should be under investigation by the FBI and the.
Speaker 3: Lynch Lynch Blacks, Lynch Block. Could you imagine that's exactly what you're telling people. Now you're saying no, no, no, no, no, no. They don't mean that. They just say globalized into fada because they want to support Palestinians and they're objecting to Israeli's policies. And I said, are you kidding me? You mean I could say Lynch blacks and pretend that I'm actually interested in something else, because this is something that I latch onto a slogan from the river to the sea. So no, the Supreme Court presidents are very clear, language that constitutes a true threat under Virginia versus Black is not protected speech. Language that incites imminent lawlessness in mobs and crowds. That's Brandon Burg versus the United States, Brandon versus Fio. That's not protected speech. And words that are designed to get you to fight back, fighting words in New hamps Chepunsky versus Just Hampshire. These are all three Supreme Court cases. They're all valid law. Supreme Court President in which it's very clear that there is no First Amendment safeguards for people that engage in intimidating threats, fighting words, or incitement and imminent lawlessness. And yet you have people with a straight face on campus saying you can't stop me because I have a First Amendment right to say whatever I want.
Speaker 1: How many people in the Queers for Palestine movement would be welcome in an Islamist country? And how long do you think they would last? Thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just again, what is this?
Speaker 1: Gary?
Speaker 3: Is this pure anti Semitism or pure ignorance?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Because you're Queers for Palestine? Do they not know that homosexuals are either strung up on cranes or thrown off of ruths? Do they not know that women are beheaded or dismembered if their husbands accuse them of jet of infidelity. All they have to do is be accused of it. In some of these countries, the beheadings are automatic under Sharia law if there's a If there's infidelity, women are las for sitting in a car with a man. Right, this is where feminists are really where the American feminists are latching on to Hamas in Israel, homosexuals, women they all go to rock concerts, right, they all? You know, can sit together. There is no apart height. Men and women hold hands, Women and women hold hands. The only place throughout the Middle East that is both a democracy and exercises. You know, pluralism is Israel. And yet you hear people chanting in support of barbarians again given the crimes. You know, I've always said, and I say this in this book, beyond proportionality Israel, just war in Gaza. The minute you heard the word beheadings, Gary, it should have been ballgames, right, she does? What?
Speaker 2: What did you just say?
Speaker 3: This is the twenty first century? Who's beheading beever?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: You're throwing babies into ovens? What? What are you kidding?
Speaker 1: What do you think, sane? What do you think about the moves by the Trump administration to remove these foreign student students on foreign visas that are foamating this hate, that are preaching this violence and exacting this violence in our country, that actually don't want to assimilate or enjoy the freedoms of this country, but want to subjugate other people and want to again import their hate onto American soil. You know, I just hope that these universities are listening loud and that President trumpet and the and the DOJ has got their attention now and they will understand as these court fights continue how wrong minded they have been and misrepresenting this as freedom of speech.
Speaker 3: Well. Also, Gary, you know, I think Marco Route, the Secutary of States, has his points is and when he says, why are you here? Are you here to study or to agitate antagonism to break down civil discourse and social cohesion in the United States, spread anti semitism, mess with everyone's head. Are you here to study or are you're here to protest?
Speaker 2: Because you're here to.
Speaker 3: Protest, why are you here? You've just taken away a spot from an American student. We let you in largely for diversity reasons and because you're willing to pay the full ride, and we don't normally ask Americans to pay the full ride, so we gave you this privilege. And instead of studying during form finals exams, you are setting up encampments and spreading anti Semitism and spreading lies about Israel and the United States. You are taking the kethia and the Palestinian flag, whatever that means, and draping it over a statue of George Washington George Washington University. When that happened. I thought, isn't that ballgame? Americans are okay with this. They're painting on the face of George Washington and putting a kafia around him in a Palestinian flag. Right, you're burning flags in Dearborn, Michigan. This is this what we're seeing now in the United States, certainly on campus, but even in some cities. Patterson, New Jersey and Dearborn, Michigan is very familiar to Europeans. From two thousand and five on. There's an enormous around of buyer's remorse because there is no interest in assimilation. There's no interest in buying into liberal democracy. The interest is spreading the Caliphate.
Speaker 1: I will tell you, Sane Rosenbaum, that I have hope. I believe that in cash Bettel, in Christy, Nome, and in Pambondy, and in President Trump, there's a new sheriff in town. And I think you're right, Eric, they are paying attention, Sane Rosenbaum. What's the name of the book again, Sane?
Speaker 3: Beyond proportionality, Israel's just war in Gaza. If you have a cousin or a student or a friend who has very stupid, simplistic view of what's going on in Gaza. This is a book for you. It explains everything. It even talks about culture, movies, history, anecdotes about World War Two. Nobody said that the dropping of two atomic bombs in Japan was genocide. Not one student was marching in favor of that. We see self defense all the time, Gary, and it's never been genocided. If this is genocide, then genocide is COVID. Genocide is anytime anyone dies for any reason. That's what they're really saying. Do you kill people it's a genocide, and that it's a lie, it's a distortion, and guess what, it's an insult to people who did suffer genocide.
Speaker 1: Indeed, thank you so much for your time, Thane, Thank you, Gary. You bet we will switch gears lighting up a little bit. My friend Greg Jones is scheduled to join us in studio. Greg Jones is a Nashville songwriter. He's a friend of mine, and we'll talk about the music business a little bit and anything else that comes to mind. And take your calls if you're feeling frisky. It's Sunday Night Live, Gary Jeff and for Mike Allen Junior tonight on seven hundred WLW. It's a special edition of Sunday Night Live. Gary Jeff Walker in for Mike Allen Jr. And joining me in this half hour is another JJ, Greg Jones, a buddy that I met. He was he We ought to tell the story of how we first met Greg. Let's do so.
Speaker 2: Greg.
Speaker 1: Greg is part time in Smyrna, Tennessee, Middle Tennessee, Nashville area, and part of the time here with his girlfriend Victoria, and he was in town. Came into Huddles where I'm bartending, and I said, hey, man, mate, what's your name, Greg Jones? What do you do? He said, well, I mean, among other things, I'm a Nashville songwriter. I said, oh cool. You where you live? He said, well, I go back and forth between here and I got a home in Smyrna, Tennessee. I said, Smyrna, Tennessee. I got a brother who works at a bar as a cook and a bartender and Smyrna, Tennessee at a place called Chappies. He goes Chappies, that's my bar. And I said, do you know Johnny? He said, Johnny's your brother. I said, yeah, Johnny's my brother. And we'd never met, never laid eyes on each other until that day. Serendipitous. Yeah yeah, I think. I think it's a god thing. But anyway, brought us together and we've been buddies ever since. And I said, you know what you want to come in. I'm doing this show on Sunday night. Let's talk a little bit about the music business in your career and what you've been into. And uh so, here we are. Thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm certainly into what you're doing. I'd love your show. You're a talk radio fanatic.
Speaker 1: I absolutely am.
Speaker 4: I'm a junkie maybe a little too much, but I love my talk radio.
Speaker 1: He came into the bar the other day and was doing his Clay Travis impression from Clay Travis and the Buck Sexton Show.
Speaker 4: Well, Buck, Buck, listen, Buck, correct me if I'm wrong, you would know better than Ibuck. However, however, funny having said that, he just feels a love.
Speaker 1: Were you a fan of Rush Limbaugh?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Huge, Yeah. Rush Limbaugh is the reason that I wanted to get into talk radio. I was doing music radio was about seven eight years in a nineteen eighty seven or so, and I went out for lunch one day. I was at the station, went out for lunch, turned out and I had a car that only had an AM radio. I'm on an FM radio station, but I've got a car that's only got AM and I'm tuning in the local station there in Nashville, and I hear Rush Limbaugh for the first time. I said, you know what, that's really what I want to do. The music thing kind of bores me, and so that gave me kind of a template. Rush was my inspiration to eventually do talk radio, and I was lucky and blessed enough to get to do it when I started here at seven hundred WLW ten years later in nineteen ninety seven. Today is special for me, Greg because today is officially my forty fifth anniversary in doing professional radio. I started June first, nineteen eighty at a little station in Gallatin, Tennessee. They're in Middle Tennessee area. We both lived there, and so either it's and you say forty five years, one of three things comes to mind, Well, you're really old. That's probably close to the truth. They haven't figured out that you have no talent yet, or you are a glutton for punishment. And I think all three things could be true.
Speaker 4: I can tell you, Yeah, bridging that gap with music and talk radio, all of it, you know, just loving radio. Rush lim Ball taking me back to a kid. He was our announcer for the Royals. I'm a baseball finactic too. You lived in Kansas City and the city from the first, you know, twelve years of life. And then we moved to Cincinnati in the Milford area and I graduated Milford High School. But Rush lim Ball was our sports announcer prior to eighty seven at the Royals. Royals absolutely so every night. You know, before he was the national EIB.
Speaker 1: Broadcasting Excellence and I still in broadcasting in the golden microphone. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And his voice, you know, he just had the voice. Yeah, And so he's real big in those parts. Obviously he started having gotten his start, I guess, so to speak there and like kind of like you're from from Gollaton, Tennessee, and I think that stace is probably still on.
Speaker 1: Oh w h I n is still there. I wasn't able to kill it myself with my lack of talent. I didn't drive listeners away and droves like maybe maybe I'm maybe I'm doing it tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We talk about songs all the time. Sometimes we do. You have written some hit country songs and you're still working on it and you're doing it. I Danny, Danny has uh, our producer Danny Gleeson has a song that you wrote or co wrote that's on on an album by Cody Jenks. It was a single release. Maybe it may be Goalie Gold at some point, you know, fingers are crossing the toes to it's uh.
Speaker 4: He's he's getting a lot of gold records and platinum records. He's he's had a phenomenal, phenomenal career and he's still going strong, getting stronger.
Speaker 1: The song we have is the same kind of crazy as me. And in the the show Landman too that people may be familiar with, what's that called shure did Man?
Speaker 4: It's called another Bad Apple And I wrote that with Ward Davis and Clinton Park and man Lucky Enough. Taylor shared in The Wonderful Talented Producer Yellowstone that was his new baby and rememor has it that he's a War Davis fan and Cody Jeans fan and those what those guys are doing, and just kind of kind of was a fan first sometimes.
Speaker 1: Again, tell me what it's like traveling around the country with a major artist or a signed artist. Man, it's like anything else.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's really cool to see this country in the way that we were able to do that coast to coast and border to border and see this great country.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful. Man.
Speaker 4: It's got its pitfalls and stuff too, but in stains. But it's a really beautiful country. And I couldn't ever have a chance to do it in six or seven years of touring. And we toured a lot, but I've been to every major city four or five times and been to the border.
Speaker 1: And in fact, that's where that songe was cut out, the border at the Mexican border.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Adobe Sessions where Cody cuts all his records.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, So tell me what the songwriting business is like. How much has it changed since you've been involved with it. How did you get involved in the first place.
Speaker 4: Involved in the first place just living here in the Cincinnati area. What a rock and roll town, and you know, being in bands and around school and stuff. And I knew that I I uh, pretty quickly. I wanted to get to Nashville, and the only way to do that was kind of get my grades up and uh, get down there and go to college.
Speaker 1: Get your grades up.
Speaker 4: Well, I wash'd where'd you go to the school?
Speaker 1: High school? You slid through it? What Milford? Hilford High School?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: The Eagles? Eagles?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: So then you went to college here I did. I had to get my grades good enough to get into Bellmont. Went to n KU one year, then transferred to Belmont the next year and met probably some of the best people that I've still working with today.
Speaker 1: Lucky enough, a.
Speaker 4: Very talented place, ended up staying around, raising a family and all that, bought a house there been there ever since then.
Speaker 1: Nashville's a tough town, very tough. There are still people that have aspirations to go to Nashville. Is it too late to maybe is it easier to find your way in the music business in Cincinnati and then getting asked to come to Nashville or should people just go to Nashville and try? And I think it's a little bit of both.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I think there's something healthy and getting down there among them. Getting a normal job at Chili's or whatever.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 4: You can find something to do that you can work into the writing rooms and write with these better people. I always believe writing up and writing down meaning no disrespect, but right with people that are getting started to because you're getting started. And so a lot of years of writing with artists that were willing to give me a shot, you know, all right, So still kind of doing that formula today. I've never had a publishing deal. I've always kept my own bull just right.
Speaker 1: Like you're driving door dash during the day.
Speaker 4: Right, Hey, you know how you get a songwriter off the porch, pay him for the food for the pizza. So I hear so you still every time I've gotten a cut, and I got three cuts. Yesterday I found out good news with Ward Davis on his new album. He's coming to the south Gate House next month, War Davis, So uh, I've got a lot of cuts with him.
Speaker 1: He's my main songwriter. That is a very cool place, the south Gatehouse Revival.
Speaker 4: Marella Morella is our girl and she might be listening. We saw each other at breakfast as this is the other morning.
Speaker 1: Oh oh mom, we got we got somebody who says his nephew went to school with you. Should should we take the call? Are you afraid? No, not at all? Don Hello, don are you there?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: So you're on the air with me? And with Greg. You say your nephew went to school with.
Speaker 3: Greg, Yes, over at Milford. Uh, his name was, uh, Scott Green.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, yeah, well that's Victoria. I just Scot.
Speaker 2: And I have a lot of respect from Nashville.
Speaker 1: And yeah, Scooters, Scooters.
Speaker 2: My name.
Speaker 1: Is Greg Jones, a reputable character. I want to know advanced too late to ask this question since I've already got him in the studio. Is is this is a good thing that I've got him in the studio done? That's what I want to know.
Speaker 3: Well, my nephew passed away last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we heard he was a great man, and I met him a few times and it kind of breaks my heart.
Speaker 4: Buddy, I wouldn't be sitting here. I can tell you that without Scott Green.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: When I met him, it was Rodney, and then it became Scott and then just Scooter, which is awesome. And uh he was my personal manager. I had an agent back then who managed like Ikey Woods and football players, and uh, when I was running around these parts playing clubs and casinos, and uh, he was my personal manager and best friends. It's seventh grade or so, one of my best friends. I've got a lot of them. We live in a good town and I'm sure miss him, man, I miss him every day, in fact his birthdays.
Speaker 1: His birthday's coming up this Tuesday. And so well, John, don take care, brother, take care, and thanks for calling.
Speaker 4: In love you guys. They're like family to meet. The Greens love all y'all. So when you played here in town? What kind of place do you play? The usual places? You know, it's been a rock town to me trying to be the country guy. You know, Garth Brooks was everything to me. I like his songwriters. I'm still got to be to know actually a couple of his songwriters, and I was just so enthralled in that. And so I put a country band together. We played the finish line, and we played the boulevard. I was a house bend there for a year or two, and all the you know west side of town, JJ. Some of these places aren't there anymore. They're called something else. But we did it all. And Casino as a place like that. You said you met Garth Brooks. You told me that you met Garth a couple of times. Certainly did, and you said it was a great experience. Both times that I that I met him were very memorable. I was interning when I was at my university at the Capitol Records, and so I was invited to some parties and stuff and got to meet him, and Scott actually came Scott Green. He made it to Nationale in about three and a half hours that day. So anyway, yes, it was a humbling experience. And then when you meet him again, he has this uncanny ability to remember you.
Speaker 1: And really not he knew your name. It's not fake at all. Remembered you know, the conversation and without circumstance. Yeah, it's very cool, and I've heard that from more than one. Did you always want to do music? Yes? Yes, since four or five years old. Elvis was everything.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, Elvis was I used to make my aunt would flicker the lights and alextrobe lights and I'd do Elvis impersonations years old, you know, five six. So you say, you you just found out you got three cuts today? Yesterday I found out, Yes, and what a what a great day. That doesn't happen very often, but uh, one of my great friends, Ward Davis, great artists. He sold out the rhym and you know, I mean he's Red Rocks and I was just tour manager for longtime friend, longtime co writer. We have probably a couple of hundred songs together. But he just put out a new project and he uh, he's included three on there.
Speaker 1: So I'm very excited about. That's something very for and you, you and I are gonna maybe write some song. We already got a couple that were working on. We know that for sure.
Speaker 4: And I like what you do. I like your songs, so I can't wait to hear more your. I haven't found a way to monetize mine yet. You've you've got, I tell you you've got. You've got royalty checks coming in every quarter making music and the money does bud.
Speaker 1: That's uh.
Speaker 4: I think I've still got these young artists that that are cool enough to write when they give me a chance.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: And uh, some local guys that I respect a lot of Dallas Moore, you know, good friend Dallas is an incredible term of artist. There's another young artist here in town, lives in the Middletown area, west Ship. Uh, Huh, you're gonna hear a lot from him. He's gonna be playing at Southgate.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Sunny Sweeney, who's in radio. She's out of Texas. Sonny Sweeney, she's great, she's she's coming to south Gate House as well. So kind of a cool crew of touring artists that have they've kind of kind of hit the brays together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marilla and the folks at south Gatehouse where if I will do fantastic stuff and it's a very unique destination, a great platform all kinds of artists. Six years when we.
Speaker 4: Finally sold it out. You know, it's a big thing, like a trophy or something that's cool. It's a it's an out of boy, it's everything that place.
Speaker 1: It's it's incredible that you could come up and spend a few minutes with me. I appreciate it. It's always great to see you. Well, thank you man.
Speaker 4: We'll see at the bar and then we'll definitely see each other in huddles and we'll solve the world's problems together.
Speaker 1: We do that. Well, I don't know if we've actually done that, no, but we've talked about it anyway, and well we haven't been able to tell you Aboudy. It all begins, you know, the left home was well, it all begins with a conversation. We need to have a conversation. We need to start a conversation. Greg dannyg Gleasa just said, with yuck in my ear, it's true, you know. But so anyway, it's a blessing to know you. And it's weird the way we came together, and you knew my little brother, and I've been hearing about you for a few years, you know.
Speaker 4: We he and I sheet pooled together, and that's my die bar there, and I got my dive bar here.
Speaker 1: So it worked out.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: It's just like I thought, it was fate, destiny, God work sending me to you, buddy, because I needed somebody here at the time that I was tracing my buddys footsteps. We talked about he got to come up in the conversation, so that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Don.
Speaker 1: Don brought up Scooter tonight. Oh yeah, you got a chance to kind of relive that final memory. And I got to tell you as we close tonight, this has been a wonderful, wonderful experience being with you on a Sunday night. I'll be back tomorrow morning at nine with Scott Sloane out and among other things, Corey Bowman, who's running from mayor of Cincinnati, will join us on the phone. Teddy Pierce, David Scarlett, John Lott from the Crime Research Prevention Center, Todd Sheets, and the great Dave Hatter of cybersecurity fame, all between nine and noon tomorrow. Talk to you then. Until then, Bye bye,