Speaker 1: You're listening to kf I AM six forty. The Bill handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio f Monday morning, May nineteenth. As we start the week, let me say hello to everyone out there.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, Heather, Heather Brookers.
Speaker 1: In for Amy, who is not with us this morning? Yes, Heather, when do they tell you to come on in? Heather is going that Amy is not coming.
Speaker 3: In yesterday morning, late morning, early afternoon.
Speaker 1: I think it was, oh so yeah, plenty of time, plenty of time, yep, yeah, plenty of time. Occasionally Neil, as Neil gets a call, what's the latest you've ever gotten a call saying Handle's not going to be in.
Speaker 4: Gosh seven am?
Speaker 2: Though you've gotten a call earlier.
Speaker 1: Now, Man, I have said, Dan, you know what, I can't do this either. I'm feeling so sick because I'll come to the microphone if I'm bleeding out. You know, I rarely. You know, it doesn't matter, right, But they tell you time.
Speaker 4: I ever hosted your show, You've got six this when you started five got sick at six am. I was in charge of promotions. I had already been there for twenty two hours at the station and had to fill in for you because your voice went bad.
Speaker 2: You know, and you would yeah, no, it was really bad.
Speaker 1: Now you remember that, and I also remember, I mean based on you know, the circumstances, the hours, the no preparation time. Granted you, you didn't sound very good. You sounded pretty bad legitimately. So the interesting part is when you do the show now, you really can't tell the difference between then and now.
Speaker 4: Handle can't say you were hurt so bad as a child. You can't compliment anybody. You don't want anybody to do well.
Speaker 3: I've missed you, that I missed you. This this witty banter in the morning.
Speaker 1: Witty banner. This is how we actually feel. There's nothing witty, and it's not bantering. Good morning, Will, How are you morning?
Speaker 2: All right? What is that? I can't see that with that on your T shirt?
Speaker 1: There was an incident this morning with the alarm clock, so I barely got here drive.
Speaker 3: Will did come running in this?
Speaker 2: Okay, I just know.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious as to what that T shirt says. You got an emblem on it that's.
Speaker 3: All skull something.
Speaker 4: It's upside down brewing company in Texas.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, I'm glad I took the time to figure that one out. Okay, excellent, cono, good morning, and uh and there you are, good morning in good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: Do you work at so far this week?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 2: And who did you see? And who is there?
Speaker 3: Jam?
Speaker 2: Monster jam?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah I sent.
Speaker 5: I sent Lindsay video and she goes, can I come pick you up right now?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: I said, yes, that's not monster truck stuff, is it it is? Oh, it's the monster truck where they bring in all the dirt.
Speaker 3: And how's your hearing this morning? Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, there you ran out of ear plugs at the SOFI.
Speaker 1: That's incredible. Well, it's not incredible, it's believable. So do they This is fascinating stuff.
Speaker 2: I love that there.
Speaker 1: Does anybody have a full set of teeth that go to those places?
Speaker 5: There's actually a lot of kids there with yeah right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I've been there. It's it's a fun show.
Speaker 3: Little little kids love those big trucks.
Speaker 2: I can see that. I can see that. Yeah, I kind of like that. Uh, well, I don't know. Those are always very strange to me.
Speaker 1: I've never been in I've never a truck person, you know, or you girls. Yeah, also, I was big on I was big on ken dolls when I was when I was much younger, and that that translates into I'm not even going to talk about that. It's between me and my shrink.
Speaker 4: You took your daughters to musicals mostly I did take my daughters to musicals. I know, oh I've been to them with you.
Speaker 2: We've gotten Uh.
Speaker 4: I have a similar I have a similar love for for.
Speaker 1: When I take when I take my daughter to musical, particularly Pamela.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know the it's all the I Now, you have to have number one, the obligatory uh Latino, doesn't matter what the show is, the obligatory Latino, the obligatory insanely overweight person in the chorus dancing, the obligatory African American.
Speaker 2: Right, you have to have them. So every time I.
Speaker 1: Turn to my daughter when some one of those show up, I go, Pamela. She goes, I know, dad, shut.
Speaker 2: Up with those. She knows exactly what I'm going to say.
Speaker 4: By the way, you're watching them in southern California, and as a Latino, I would say, not obligatory when you're fifty percent of the population.
Speaker 1: But let me ask you this. For example, Hamilton, which is phenomenal. There's one white person in the cast. You know that said the rest of his all minority.
Speaker 2: I mentioned that if I remember, he's just the guy who plays George. It's just the guy who plays George. The third is Hunt.
Speaker 4: That's the whole premise is that they're taking something from the past, but it is still a reverse reversion.
Speaker 2: Don't explain. Yeah, please don't explain that to me.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: That's way too complicated for me.
Speaker 4: Give me a break.
Speaker 1: And usually you could point out you usually you can point out, you know, who is in the chorus gay, the gay dancers.
Speaker 2: And who is not?
Speaker 1: And you know that's that's impossible to her me. Very dear friend of mine, by the way, well their son buried. Dear friend mind went into dancing. He joined a dancing troupe and everybody made fun of him. Oh, and everybody's going to think, you know, you're that kind of person. Goes, first of all, this guy is the most depraved guy. He gets laid more than anybody he I have ever met or seen in my entire life. He goes, are you kidding with all of those chorus girls and I'm the straight guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're the straight guy in a theater department.
Speaker 2: You do really well.
Speaker 3: You're doing really well. Hey, I also love musicals. I just want to propose, like a handle show musical outing. You know, she's a pantagious Maybe somewhere will also I.
Speaker 1: Agree, but I'm just going by myself. I do that all the time. I do kfi events where no one else shows up to cut me.
Speaker 3: You're just the only one there. Yeah, all right, Well, I would go to the theater with anybody if they ever want to go see a show. I'm down, all.
Speaker 1: Right, she's hustling for it. Okay, all right, guys, let's do it. What a weird Monday to start with, Just another week, just weirdness and weird.
Speaker 3: Ma me, we'll come back tomorrow. I'm sure, I promise.
Speaker 1: Okay, she'll get it too. All right, guys, let's do it. We're gonna start with a little bit of bad news, and it's a Handle on the News with Heather O, Neil and Me lead story. Well, Joe Biden diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer. It has metastasized now into his bones, and that is that ain't good news, Although you know, I don't know if the doctors are telling us the truth or not. And they're saying that it's hormone sensitive, which allows for effective management. I don't know what that means either anyway, So they're looking at treatment, but into the bones is not good news at all.
Speaker 2: And so it's not unusual.
Speaker 1: You know, many many I don't know what the percentage you may have pros day cancer, but usually you die of old age before you die of prost day cancer. When you have it so slow acting, it's kind of yeah, at some point every man will have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Listening to Heather this morning, they were saying it could be five ten years. I mean, it's not like it's imminent death, right, Heather.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what Stephen Portnoy from ABC said that the doctors are saying that he could survive another five to ten years with this with the proper treatment, but you don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and bone cancer is no fun, probably one of the most painful cancers.
Speaker 3: Also, just a great reminder everybody go get checked. This is a good reminder to do that, all right. Suspect has been identified in the Palm Springs bombing, a twenty five year old man. His name is Guy Edward. Barkiss, and authorities are now confirming that he is the person who died during the explosion at the Palm Springs fertility clinic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting story, Not that it has any societal implications. I mean, if anybody says this is important societaly, it's not, because this guy is just a complete fruitcake and it's basically a one off. But I'm going to dive into it because there are a couple of things about this that are just fascinating. He refers to some movements that I didn't even know existed, that these are things I was talking and about. This Really this is a thing, and so I'll do that at seven point fifty one.
Speaker 4: Thing.
Speaker 3: I know, a lot of families are probably very relieved that the embryos were not harmed in any way. So I know that's a big relief to a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's a huge relief because in many many cases, those frozen embryos the last chance to have biological children.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that's it. They're gone. They're gone.
Speaker 1: And there have been lawsuits when embryos have been destroyed or have left to baw by accident because they're in liquid nitrogen. These containers big lawsuits and going in front of a jury saying those are my kids, that's my chance of parenthood.
Speaker 2: Those cases settle pretty quickly. Go handle.
Speaker 1: Here on a Monday, May nineteenth, we continue more handle on the news, Heather in for Amy today, Neil in for Neil today, and me.
Speaker 4: Such a weird couple of days of news. You had that bombing there in Palm Springs, and then a Mexican Navy sailboat got two hundred and seventy seven people on board doing a demonstration, crashed into the Brooklyn Bridge on Saturday, killed two people injuring more than a dozen others who were on board. What a crazy s.
Speaker 2: Did you see the video? You saw that crowd?
Speaker 4: Yeah, from ten different angles.
Speaker 2: It's this huge sailing ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and tall ship because they're tall, and it goes right into the bridge and well the masks are higher than the bridge, and you know, how is that possible? They lost power and the current swept in and you see that, and you had all the sailors this training boat, all the sailors along the crossbars or whatever the hell they call them, on the masts and they're all lining up on that span and they're holding hands and and they got knocked off. It was like it's almost like one of those carnival side shows where you shoot those little ducks and you know that.
Speaker 4: Are copying over. Have a little bit of class? How about that?
Speaker 2: That was a little bit of class for me.
Speaker 3: They were definitely.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think that it was a precursor to something it's supposed to take place on the fourth of July. I think it was a test run of something they were going to do to celebrate.
Speaker 2: Beautiful ship too.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is a knockout of a ship, but a horribles Yeah.
Speaker 3: All right. So President Trump says if he could just to Putin to Vladimir Putin that he they could work it out. They could work out this whole thing in Ukraine, the war in Ukraine. Apparently he's going to be speaking to him today and I guess he's going to try to convince him to stop the war in Ukraine. So we'll see.
Speaker 1: And he says, the only way the war's going to stop, of course, is for Trump and Putin to cut a deal.
Speaker 2: Zielinski's sort of off the table. We'll handle this.
Speaker 1: Now, you think this is what happened by now this phone call, because what Moscow is ten eleven hours ahead of US, and so we're already talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: It's late afternoon in Moscow, really late afternoon. So we'll see what time this happens. Man.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Putin stays up later or not. I have no idea early riser.
Speaker 4: Torturing bugs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe early to bed, early to rise again.
Speaker 3: I'm keeping an eye on it. Hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 2: More prone to kill people. Okay.
Speaker 4: Israel announced Sunday it will allow limited amount of humanitarian aid to Gaza. You've got this three month blockade that they were participating in, and you've got global experts that came out on their you know, experts on food security and all these things and straight up just said, hey, you're you're running them into a famine. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said a starvation crisis would jeopardize Israel's new military offense in Gaza.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, none of this makes any sense whatsoever. None.
Speaker 1: One of the authority figures in the Palestinian authority said, when Hamas wants to have some kind of a truce, Israel says no. When Israel wants to have a truce, Hamas says no. Everybody is saying no. And the shame of it is Israel says, you just return all of the hostages or we're going to wipe out Gaza, and Hamas is prepared to do that, is perfectly prepared to have ninety five percent of the population of Gaza wiped out as long as it stays in power.
Speaker 2: Polly care about That's great, isn't that?
Speaker 4: Who are you ruling over? At that point, you're ruling over.
Speaker 1: Now you know what you're doing, You're ruling over and oh you're talking about the Hamas.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. They just want I don't even know what they're thinking.
Speaker 1: I have no idea, and here is yeah, and here is what they're thinking. For example, we're talking about the Palestinians. The rest of the Middle East, the Arab world will be on their side.
Speaker 2: It's all lip service.
Speaker 1: This last four day or three day jaunt that the president had in the Middle East, it was all about business.
Speaker 4: There was one or.
Speaker 1: Two words that were about that were happening about what was going on in Gaza. But let's talk business. That's what we really care about. And the Palestinians, to their chagrin, they think the world's going to turn against Israel or they're going to be supported other than just straight out lip service, a little bit of money from Saudi Arabia and wait, but not a lot. So for the first time I was reading yesterday, I was looking at I think it was a Wall Street journal where there actually is a movement starting to realize that, or at least being vocal about telling us saying that Hamas is really killing us. Israel is going to wipe us out. Are the hostages worth the total destruction of Gaza?
Speaker 2: It's tough. And by the way, I am convinced that Israel is.
Speaker 1: Committing a war crime with the starvation, stopping humanitarian aid, no question anything else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just a really devastating and deadly storm system moved across the central US and into the eastern parts of the US over the weekend. Twenty five people were killed in Missouri, southeastern Kentucky as the storm moved its way east, started in Kansas and Oklahoma, which is my home state, and just destroyed towns and left just a wake of death and destruction.
Speaker 1: This is brutal. These storms are absolutely brutal. I noticed on ones areguing climate change anymore. I'm not hearing how it doesn't exist anymore. And now it's just dealing with these horrific storms and it's just this is terrible.
Speaker 3: You know, I grew up in Oklahoma, right in the heart of tornado alley.
Speaker 2: Oh did you ever experienced a tornado?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like right there, up close, clicking your heels three times.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think I wish I could go home kind of thing.
Speaker 3: It was more like, take shelter, it's half a mile away, and you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not like dogs flying through the air or anything like that.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't quite that picturesque. But I grew up with tornado sirens being a regular part of the you know, school year and of your life, and knowing where to position yourself in a safety in terms of where the tornado is going, and it's a it's a real thing. And what seems to be, you know, people don't understand is there's there is not that you can do to hide from a tornado unless.
Speaker 2: Well out if you got I mean, they are tornado shelters. I assume you do. Basements, so you go down in the basement.
Speaker 3: Yes, but even that, if your house completely falls in around you, you're not entirely safe. Or if the wind comes and you know, tornadoes have like a tip that touches the ground and lifts things up and pulls up, so anything is uproaded. I mean, you've seen the aftermath of tornado distruser, Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 2: See them all the time.
Speaker 1: But inevitably, but people survive. Inevitably, someone comes out of this place that was completely destroyed, yeah, and comes out and says, I mean, thank goodness, we're alive, which is absolutely true.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can't survive. There are shelters that are built for that. You definitely can't survive it. But it's just it's it's getting worse. I think you know, oh it is. Yeah, no, it's a listen, that's science.
Speaker 2: It's getting worse.
Speaker 1: I mean, it doesn't take an idiot to figure out that this is real stuff.
Speaker 2: It is a Monday morning, May nineteenth.
Speaker 1: Haven't looked outside yet to see what the weather is like, Heather, were we are looking at outside?
Speaker 3: Wise beautiful and sunny.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a nice day today, Okay, it would.
Speaker 3: Be in the seventy it'd be hot today, guys, really hot.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And then the East Coast is drowning. That's great.
Speaker 1: See, that's I wish that they would that the news would cover how horrible the weather is here, because you know what ends up happening. Excuse me, fraud is I hate it when there's great weather New Year's Day because we do the Rose Parade and it's seventy degrees outside and everybody's in shorts and short sleeve shirts, and you've got a bunch of people in upstate New York and Buffalo and the snow is up over the eves are saying, what the.
Speaker 2: Hell are we doing living here?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, And Macy's Day Parade the past few years has been like rainy and miserable, and I'm like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and welcome to southern California. Right, This is what we need is more people, all right, continuing on more handle on the news with Heather and Neil and me.
Speaker 4: All right. Police in Slavinia, that's a real place, by the way, they're investigating the disappearance of a bronze statue of the US First Lady Millennia Trump. I saw it off carried away from her hometown. It was unveiled in twenty twenty during the first President Donald Trump. I guess it actually replaced a wooden statue that had been set on fire that year.
Speaker 1: So did you even know that there was a statue of Millennia or a Millennia that didn't either.
Speaker 4: Be a blind spot?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she's done so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's up on statue. Of course, she's the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she dresses, She dresses well too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everything about her very pretty.
Speaker 1: She is very pretty, very attractive woman doesn't Yeah, she's pretty.
Speaker 2: I like that. That's what else can you say about her?
Speaker 1: She's pretty, She's Slovenian, she speaks with an accent, and she is the most inconsequential first lady that we've had, probably in the history of first ladies, certainly modern history.
Speaker 4: But he's pretty. He's pretty.
Speaker 3: World peace, all right. Bruce Springsteen is in a little bit of he's causing a little controversy. He called President Trump a dried out prune during one of his concerts, and then, of course, you know, President Trump heard about that, and and he went online and called him highly overrated Bruce Springsteen. And then so now Brucepingsteen, it's like this back and forth. Now Bruce Bingstein is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I Thinkdent Trump and then typical Trump, where he writes through social never liked him, never liked his music, where his radical left politics. He's not a talented guy, just to push the obnoxious jerk who fervently supported crooked Joe Biden, a mentally incompetent fool and our worst ever president who came close to destroying our country. At what point does Trump give up this Joe Biden stuff. He's obsessed, I know, completely obsessed years. I know, I mean completely obsessed. So you know his philosophy. You hit me once, I hit you twice. So it's that's not Joe Biden. But certainly Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Isn't he older than Bruce Trump?
Speaker 2: Oh he has to be.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think yeah, I don't think Bruce Springsteen is what Trump is seventy eight something like that, seventy seven, seventy eighty Springsteen is, is he?
Speaker 2: Oh that's pretty old too.
Speaker 3: I mean Bruce Springsteen is seventy five, so just a few years apart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, Kettle, maybe it's yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems supermature. Supermature.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well that's a word I would use to describe our president.
Speaker 2: Mature is right, there isn't it?
Speaker 3: Just name calling each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's great. I know, these stupid duty pants runs idiots. Vandenberg Space Force Space announced the US military will be test launching an unarmed nuclear missile while fingers crossed. Let's hope, so northern Santa Arbor County. It's going to be Wednesday morning. So if you're out here and you're up between twelve oh one am and five oh one am on May twenty first, you might be able to catch a glimpse of the minute Men three intercontinental Ballistic missile the ICBM. They're just evaluating current missile systems competency, that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: People are going to take video of it and go does anyone know what this is?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Exactly does anybody know? We're telling you right here in kfive all right, emergency contraception. You can now get it at seven eleven and other convenience stores. It's going to be right next to the condoms. They're actually just in the stores. I think. I don't know if it's all the stores or not, but there's a company that is releasing the Morning After pills in single doses. It started in Texas and now it's kind of spreading across the country.
Speaker 4: They should put that next to all the greasy weenies and then you.
Speaker 1: Know the big and I'll tell you what they do not they should not do, is advertise the big gulp next to these things. People could truly misunderstand that entire concept.
Speaker 4: Well that you wouldn't need it, if.
Speaker 2: That's precisely my point.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, moving on planes, trains, automobiles, don't use any of them. Apparently in New Jersey. New Jersey transit train engineers are now going back to work tentative deal Sunday and their three day strike. Planes not working right, trains not working right, halted service for some one hundred thousand daily riders routes to Newark Airport, which wasn't the best to fly out of anyways.
Speaker 1: I think four hundred and fifty people who have shut down New Jersey transit.
Speaker 4: Oh it's Jersey, am I right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean it's just last time.
Speaker 1: This was what forty years ago, the transit strike, last transit strike.
Speaker 2: That's another reason you want to move to New Jersey.
Speaker 4: Taylor Ham Sandwich is good.
Speaker 2: You know, when we are in Italy, do you know what Neil the wedding, et cetera. Do you know that in Italy. The calendar strikes for the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: You can actually look at a calendar and say, this industry is going to for example, railroad workers will be striking on June second to June fifth's, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well we should know that, we should know.
Speaker 1: And on top of that, for example, in the railroad strike, in those strikes, not only do you calendar them, but they also publish what trains will still be running. And this is the union publishing this stuff. It's just a whole world of strike. I just thought i'd mentioned that.
Speaker 3: Not as Lana. I think I would find that very helpful.
Speaker 2: Very helpful.
Speaker 4: Bill handle showed Neil's major here because Bill handles, I don't know, going to the bathroom eating something fell down the stairs and can't get up. It's a sunny day, rand quick errand yeah, because uh, I can't get the clapper to work his equipment. Come on, here we go.
Speaker 2: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 4: All right, Oh, let's work.
Speaker 2: What got what to work?
Speaker 4: You? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much, let's do A guy's ready to finish it? Handle on news, We're ready, Yeah, sure, all right.
Speaker 3: All right, So the FDA has approved nova vaks. The COVID nineteen shot. They have some restrictions on it though. They make the only traditional protein based COVID vaccine coronavirus vaccine, and until now it had emergency authorization from the FDA for use in any one twelve and older, but on Friday, the FDA granted the company full approval for its vaccine use in adults only an adult sixty five and older or those twelve to sixty four who have had at least one health problem that puts them at increased risk from COVID so neil.
Speaker 1: That means you get a triple shot of the COVID vaccine, right.
Speaker 4: Actually, I just have a continuous IV send me all the time. Yeah, I'll still live longer than you. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm pretty careful. I mean, you know, obviously I eat like crap.
Speaker 1: You know, it's all Costco, you know, frozen stuff occasionally Trader Joe's. But no, I walk an hour a day where I used to walk an hour a day and can't do that with my boot. It's going to the doctor today. I don't know when they're gonna pull out this. You know, I've got a pin like a rod going through my toe and it's sticking out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's really pleasant.
Speaker 4: Sounds real healthy. I'll come over and just yeah, you sound healthy as Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's one of let me tell you what I you know what you would do. I'll tell you what you would do. You would take that rod and you would ping it like a tuning for it, just to make me feel good. I know that, all right? Moving on, all.
Speaker 4: Right, LF Todd's you know, the worst thing you want to hear when you're flying in a plane is hey, there's no pilot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So two hundred and five people on board went without a pilot for ten minutes last year after the pilot went to the bathroom and the co pilot fainted when he was alone in the cockpit. So yeah, Frankfurt to Spain, February of twenty twenty four. So they did an investigation. It was an autopilot which saved everybody, but the co pilot, they said, did operate controls unintentionally.
Speaker 2: Well passed, I just straight off fainted.
Speaker 1: Now to be fair, I mean this is it was a neurological problem. The co pilot didn't know he had and he fainted. And you talk about as perfect. It comes down when the pilot is in the course of the toilet and then tries to get back in and he can't and the code doesn't work. But they took care of it pretty quickly because the pilot has a secret code, so it all works out. By the way, what's worse on Lufthansa than the pilot not being there? I'll tell you what's worse. You come aboard and the stewardess or the pilot says, all the Jews on the left hand side, please of the plane.
Speaker 2: That's worse.
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to say the food.
Speaker 2: Backs of Food's not bad. I fight Lufton's all the time to good airline.
Speaker 3: I like it all right. So protests are coming to Target on the anniversary of George Floyd's death. Leaders in the Black faith community are calling on their followers to boycott Target after its recent retreat from the DEI inclusion programs that they had originally announced. They're asking for everyone to boycott outside of Target stores a peaceful protest if you will, on May twenty fifth, that is the fifth anniversary of the murder of George Floyd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Target is being particularly targeted because it was one of the first companies that dove into UH into dei UH after George Floyd, to its credit to for many people in the black community and those who had a real problem with the police in Minneapolis. By the way, they're in the same city that George Floyd. They're headquarters, same city Minneapolis where George Floyd was murdered. UH. And they're now one of the first companies to go back from d i UH caving into the Trump administration other conservatives because they are woke.
Speaker 2: And that's in UH, that's in.
Speaker 1: Quotation marks. And so they're coming back very quickly. And so let's just say they're targeted on both ends.
Speaker 4: Not funning by law because of the federal no, of course.
Speaker 1: Not but but but the Trump administration is figuring out a way to do it.
Speaker 2: Believe me. Malcolm X.
Speaker 4: Yes, the city of Los Angeles and veiled street signs dedicated to civil rights activist Malcolm X in Lamartin Park. It would have been his one hundredth birthday. They unveiled us on Saturday, and so this was followed by the thirty third Malcolm X Festival. This year's theme was human rights by any means necessary, Okay, and a five mile stretch of Crenshove Boulevard will now be known as Malcolm x Way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cool, Malcolm x Way.
Speaker 1: A lot of people the x ray text just thought it was the guy who announced it. I just had a big lisp, so when he said Malcolm x way, it was they just Misunderstood's all.
Speaker 4: Right, it's Monday heating up a car.
Speaker 3: We can't end on that. We can't end on that joke. We got to talk about the Bachelor Mansion getting him makeover. I can't let you go down like that. We got the Bachelor bill. Is this your favorite show? Do you like this show?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, A big, big Bachelor fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I've seen it once.
Speaker 1: Because those reality shows are well, I think they're ridiculous, but they do great because they cost nothing to make and they make a fortune.
Speaker 3: That's true. I hate to a bit of two. I'm not a fan of the Bachelor or most of those reality dating shows. But for those of you who are, the Bachelor Mansion is which has been home to the Bacheler for forty seasons, getting a big facelift, and you can also rent it out for six thousand dollars a night on Airbnb. That's fun. It's in Aurora Hills.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this look at the look at the premise.
Speaker 1: You've had bachelor and bachelorette and they go in there and do things with each other. And now it's uh, let's do a makeover. Right, we'll do interior design of the mansion and see who wins. And then that's going to be following up with people that run waste management and pick up garbage.
Speaker 2: That's the next show after that. See.
Speaker 3: I like those kind of shows, the home runner shows where you can shoot do a before or an after thing or whatever. But I don't like the dating ones where they make out in hot tubs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but ten weeks after the renovation, it falls apart with the camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's actually true. That's actually true the way they do this. Okay, guys, we're done. Coming up, Trump's Big Bill advances. That big beautiful bill looks like it went through the ugly forest and got hit with a couple of branches. And I'll explain coming up.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.