Speaker 1: Five O five a fifty five k r C the talk station Friday.
Speaker 2: Eve Sah was a vacation where my country gown.
Speaker 1: It was just here like two seconds ago. Oh, you cracked me up, Strucker Brian Thomas right here, Joe Stucker in there starting the morning off with a laugh, and pardon me clear my throat out at five just started talking.
Speaker 3: Hate.
Speaker 1: When that happens anyway, haktula, Joe? Is that is that the thing? Yeah, I remember that girl. That is not the context in which I was clearing my throat. However, I want to make that eminently clear, perfectly clear on the record. You can keep this up all morning, Joe. That will be fine with me. Comming up on the fifty five KRZY Morning Show Jim Walter or Waters in the Bluegrass Institute, We're gonna talk about Kentucky issues one and Kentucky issues to my apolsies, to my friends in the Commonwealth, and I haven't paid a whole lot of a focus on those. It's you know, I've made the comment a million times and I'll make it here again. By the end of the week, I've got a ream or more of paper of stories that I never ever had a chance to get to I fault my priorities. Perhaps it's just, you know, there's issues all over the place, and I've just got to kind of pick and choose them. Kentucky Issues one and two haven't gotten in my field division very much. So it's gonna happen today anyway, better late than ever, and giving you some time to digest to the extent you haven't Kentucky Issues one and two. Jim Waters again from the Bluegrass since too. Thank you Jim and Advance for showing up on the program to enlighten me and the listeners on that. Donovan and Neil afp Americans for prospibilities. Donovan and Neil get out and vote double exclamation point on the rundown. And a lot of folks are voting early. There was a statistic out I don't know where I put that. Oh yeah, in terms of getting out of the vote of there's a new NBC News poll says fifty two percent of the voters are planning to cast their votes early.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: Forty four on the other hand, say they fill the plan to vote in person on election day. Fairly recent poll was just between the fourth and eighth of October and a lot of folks choosing to vote by mail. Now, Trump leads among voters who are planning to go and vote in person fifty eight to thirty seven. But Kamala Harris has an advantage on those who are voting early, which I suppose is logical considering Democrats corner of the market for a while they were on early voting. They were very good about getting out there. They get out the vote effort and early voting efforts. So Republicans typically are behind in those types of things like taking buses to nursing homes and picking people up, and you know, ballot harvesting and ballot gathering. You know, Republicans just didn't engage in that kind of thing. Let me pull my tongue. Ont of MICHIEK. Kamala Harris is a seventeen point lead among Americans who have already voted or planned to vote, according to NBC News, finding fifty seven to forty so and also described as a massive lead over people planning to vote by mail, a narrow edge over early in person voters. That's the breakdown on that. So obviously a growing phenomenon, and you know, again voting early voting is not just for Democrats anymore. Get into the board of Elections, cast your vote, get it out of the way. That way of something well lands in your lap and prevents you from going to the polls on election day. You know I missing out on your opportunity to vote. Donovan and Neil at seven thirty on that empower you. This will be interesting. Mark Burrell is going to provide a biblical road map to restore America. He's going to be instutia to talk about that the Empower Youth Seminary. Is this evening which makes sense? Yes? Seven pm? Restore America? Should we use the same biblical principles used to shape the Declaration of Independence? How do we get here? And how do we restore liberty and justice? For all the general topics of conversation. I don't know if the Bible is the answer. Mark's going to give it a go and tell us why. Jay Ratliff, yay, I love my Thursdays. Jay Ratliff cracks me up, funny guy, a great man and a friend. Today iHeart media aviation expert Jay ratlif We'll talk about frontier airlines, pilots voting to strike if necessary. Latest near miss took place in San Diego. Hate hearing about that cockpit disagreements lead to the captain locking out the first officer. He you put your petty differences aside for the benefit of the passengers on the airplane, for God's taken, as we always do. Will end on hub delays and speaking of a Boeing and hold on one second, Keith, I'll take your call. Just wait a second. Here a Senate Democrat got booed by striking Boeing workers in Seattle. Happened on Tuesday, after disparaging Donald Trump. Huh how about this? Maria Cantwell, described as the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation chairwoman, speaking to striking members of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workspace Workers District seven fifty one. Housing everywhere in the United States of America is expensive as all get out. We haven't built enough supply. I was in a key negotiation five years ago to get a bipartisan bill that would have built million it's hundreds of thousands up to a million units by now, but Donald Trump came in and squashed that deal. Then began the booing. A fairly drowned her out. There was so much booing going on. As the senator began, I tried to begin again. My point is this, this after being unable to speak over the booing disruption everywhere in America, we need more affordable housing. When you first hear that audio clip, it appears that they're booing whatever Donald Trump has done. The exact opposite is true. According to Iam seven point fifty one union member Dan Zalman, speaking in an interview, she was trying to interject some left wing radical politics in what is a very rare labor opportunity for the IM members to be able to try and make real gains in their retirement benefits. And that's not what we were there for. So she did not have a friendly audience to spew that at I don't think she realizes, but there is a tremendous amount of Donald Trump's support from union members. And all anybody has to do is go through a union parking lot at the Boeing plant and you'll see a lot of Trump stickers on bumpers. Okay, well that's positive news, and get another area where Trump is making sizable inroads, reminding me of the Reagan presidency or of the Reagan campaign when we had a huge swing of Union members favor of the Republican Ronald Reagan. So what Keith Scott, Hey, Keith, thanks for calling this morning, and Happy Friday Eve to you.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Hello, what's on your mind, Keith?
Speaker 5: Well, there's two things. A major worldwide significance that happened last night in the Middle East, and believe it or not, the Biden administration used the Harris Brett Bear interview as a smoke screen in a cover for what happened last night.
Speaker 1: You're talking about US bombing the Huthy's and Yemen.
Speaker 5: Well it was more than that. The United States with B one B two cell fighter bombers bombed Hoodie positions and Irane positions in Yemen. Yeah, with Daisy cutter bombs, moab bombs, bunker buster bombs, and thermobaric bunker buster bombs, and they made and they bombed major storage facilities that the Hoodies and the Iranians were using to attack shipping it on the Red Sea and also to attack Israel.
Speaker 1: Yes, the stats on that. I saw a Fox News article on the Houthis and the damage they have done over the past year or so that they've been launching missiles at ships and in that region, and it's pretty substantial. I guess my question is, Gith, you think they intentionally waited to do this damage to the Hoothies and strike them for the repeated bombing of our assets and other global assets because of Kamala Harrison's interview.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, that's what they did. And there's something else that came out too, of major worldwide significance that happened during this interview. It accidentally came out last night, for instance, outside of the United States on ABC and I don't mean American ABC, I mean Australian Broadcasting Corporation and the BBC that before November, it came out exactly what the October surprise will be.
Speaker 1: Before Israel bombing or responding to the Iranian's missile launch.
Speaker 5: Yes, Summer is going to bomb the snot out of Iran.
Speaker 1: Before the November CNN reported that.
Speaker 5: Oh, they finally did late last night.
Speaker 1: I don't know where you're thinking this has been hidden. This stuff is being widely reported all over the place. This morning. I have articles printed.
Speaker 5: Out, yeah this morning, But I'm talking this came out first of all last night.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, during the Harris during I hear what you're saying. Maybe it's coincidence. I don't think anything that anybody could do here. Harris could have just maybe gone back to her old ways and got her knee pads out. That wouldn't cover up the fact that we bombed the Hoothi forces on this magnitude and that Iran did say out loud that they're planning on launching an attack against Iran on some level before the election. So you can't hide news like that. I don't think so, but it is being widely reported. I was planning on getting to it, That's why I knew what you were talking about when you launched into it. But I appreciate it. Hey, we can bring it up at any time. That's why I like phone calls Keith, and thank thank you for bringing it up. Yeah, more details on that we can get to five fifteen coming up with five sixteen seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk Pound five fifty on eight and T phones. I hope you can stick around. I'll be right back after these brief words. Talk Station five nineteen seven fifty five eight hundred two to three Talk Confact fifty on eight and chie phones.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, since so Keith brought it up me as well, go ahead and provide the info that I got in front of me. In so far as the Israelis plan to attack, the Israeli plan, Israeli's I'm sorry, Israel's plan to respond to our Iran's October Firs attack is ready, according to the reporting from CNN and others. No additional information, of course. I doubt the Israelis want to tell everybody in the world the day they're going to do it, in which targets are going to hit. Don't think that's the very sound military strategy. Court to CNN and the report, American officials expect Israel will retaliate against this monts Iranian attack before November fifth, described as a timeline that would thrust the growing volatility in the Middle East squarely into public view within days of the US presidential election. Court to the sources quote, the timeline and parameters of Israel's retaliation against Iran have been subject to intense debate inside Israel. Israel's government and are not directly related to the timing of the US election. Draw your own conclusions on that. I am certain the White House has expressed its desires one way or another to the Israeli government. You know, they're probably on the phone twenty four to seven. Iran's Foreign minister Abbas are a JAGATCHI. I struggle with these names, and I helped the world. Is it insulted that I don't do a better job of actually figuring out how to pronounce any of these names because I'm a forgiving guy. He's like to joke that somewhere over in Iran, maybe they're reporting about something Brian Thomas said and they mispronounced my name. I wouldn't care, so sorry Abbas if I'm mispronouncing it anyway. Warrened to the UN Chief Guterraz that Tehran is ready for quote decisive and regretful, a decisive and regretful close quote response if Israel does in fact attack their country. So it was just last week that Israeli defense yo of Golant said they would soon respond to that missile attack. According to one other report in Israeli's con It's public broadcaster, the targets are clear now, it's just a matter of time. So apparently the targets are selected and maybe even the dates been selected and in so far as US bombing the well, yeaymen, we did. We attacked five military sites controlled by Houthi forces in Yemen, and Keith was right. B two bombers precision strikes and they were bombing weapons storage locations. According to the Secretary Defense Lloyd Austin, in a statement yesterday, US forces targeted several of the Houthy's underground facilities housing various weapon components of types that the Houthis have used to target civilian military vessels throughout the region. This was a unique demonstration of the United States ability to target facilities that our adversaries seek to keith out of reach, no matter how deeply buried, underground, hardened, or four to five. Again, that's a quote going back to what Keith said, the litany of weaponry that he mentioned, including the Mother of All bombs and bunker busters and the like. I believe this solidifies that his comments in that regard. Maybe we were doing it as a demonstration to the Iranians. If our weapons can actually get down as deep as the Iranian nuclear facilities, maybe the Iranians might wake up to well, gee, I guess we can't bury him deep enough. A lot of speculation about whether any of our military hardware can actually burrow down deep enough in the ground that it would devastate those buried facilities in Iran. Not that the Irani or not the Israelis are definitely gonna bomb the nuclear facilities. I think they specifically set out loud the other day that they would not be bombing those or the Iranian oil infrastructure. Do as I say, not as I do, or we're gonna do what we say we're not gonna do. That would be a legitimate military strategy, I would argue. He went on, Austin did the deployment of US Air Force B two Spirit long range stealth bombers to point of demonstrating US global strike capabilities to quote take action against these targets when necessary, any time anywhere. Said, for over year, the running back Hoothies, especially designated global terrorists, have recklessly and unlawfully attacked US and international vessels transitting the Red Sea, etc. I said, we won't hesitate to take action defend American lives or assets, to deter attacks against civilians and our regional partners, to protect freedom and navigation, increase the safety and security of the waterways, and he said he's going to continue to be making clear to the Hoothies that they need to stop that now. In terms of what I was talking about the damage, they've done two hundred and seventy attacks on US Navy ships, commercial shipping and coalition ships in the Red Seas. Just since last November. They've shot down at least eight US MQ nine reapers. Each each costs thirty two million dollars, and that's eight of them down. Since October seventh last year, twenty nine major energy and shipping companies have changed their roots to avoid the Hoothy attacks. Sixty five countries have been affected by them, including Russia, Iran and China. I don't think the Hoothies care who they're shooting missiles at. Container shipping has declined in the Red Sea by ninety percent since December of last year, and that shipping accounts for ten to fifteen percent of all international maritime trades. So you can see the impact and the ripple effect on that. Alternate shipping routes around Africa add eleven thousand nautical miles and an additional one to two weeks of transit time, plus an additional million dollars in fuel costs for every voyage. Welcome to inflationary pressures. So anyway they say humanitarian ags of delay two because those ships have to go around Africa too. Thank you houthies. Interject an sec non compliant word when summarizing my reception of the houthis and what I would like to call them. Five twenty five, five twenty six, Actually fitty five kr CD talk station, got local stories coming up. I hope you can stick around. I'll be right back after these brieforths who voted, I voted, I have twenty nine coming up. Five thirty fify five care CED talk station, Happy Friday, AD five one thirty seven p Fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty three talk a Rounder fifty five kr SE dot Com Judge Ennenapolitano, who cares what the government thinks. They don't have a right to free speech. Listen to what he had to say about that as an excellent conversation. As always, Ohio Issue one, Alex Charantafili says, no, he would joined the program. He has to go through the reasons why, and we got the big picture with Jack Atheran there. George Brunneman from Restoring Liberty dot Us was in studio, so lots of stuff to dive on into in the on the podcast page and while you're there, as always a reminder to get your Ihart Needy apps. You can stream the audio where we happen to be on your smart Now. We had a caller that called in last week, Joe. Was it not true that she called in and said her ballot was returned for insufficient postage? Yeah? Well, contrast that with the Jesse Baumber from the Inquirer's reporting on this. Got a little more details and maybe they've changed the policies. Question how many stamps you need for your ballot depends on where you are. Franklin County, for example, the ballot weighs less. I guess seventy three cents or one forever stamp. Hamilton County, though you need two. Your reports that each county Board of Elections will include a recommendation a recommended postage on paperwork delivered with your absentee ballots, something that the listener called last week said did not happen. So Hamilton Summit Counties County is also a dollar one and Star County also. Those are the four counties that were reported Franklin County is seventy three cents fewer voter. A few voters were confused in frank Franklin County because the US Postal Service employees weighed their ballots and said it would need a dollar one in postage. Yet the Franklin County Board of Elections spokesperson said that they've since talked with the US Postal Service and one stamp will suffice regardless of postage. We will receive the ballot. The spokesperson said, hmm, and he reports the election mails delivered even if you don't use enough stamps, which is not the case from the listener that called last week. I don't understand how where this confusion comes in or where these different stories come from, he reported. The Board of Elections are on the hook for any unpaid postage, so they implore people to use the proper postage record of the US Postal Service. Quote. In cases where a ballot enters the mail stream without the proper postage, the Postal Service will deliver the ballot and thereafter attempt to collect postage from the appropriate Board of Elections. You can check to see if your mail in ballot has been delivered online. Go to vote Ohio dot gov slasher. County boards of elections might offer text or email alerts as well. Suppose it depends on which county election board you're dealing with. Absentee ballots must be postmarked on or before November fourth. They must arrive by November ninth to be counted. They recommend the Postal Service does mail in your completed ballot at least a week before the deadline to be safe. You can drop your ballet off of the County Board of Elections four seven thirty pm on election day, November fifth. That's an easy thing to do as well, so proper postage important. Did you watch the debate last night? I actually had to listen to it a log in through YouTube. The inquired debate between Orlando's Alanzo Sanza and Greg Lansman described as cordial, and I would have to agree. It was not the feisty debate, and Greg Landsman obviously had been practicing a little bit more because he came across as completely unprepared and a ditsy schoolgirl during the no offense to the schoolgirls, ditsy schoolgirl during the first debate, a little bit more polished yesterday and a lot more cordial. So in terms of mass deportation, Sons is not in favor of it, and he is basically parroting the party line. Donald Trump is now saying that we're gonna go after the criminals. We are not gonna kick every single human being who's here illegally out of the country. We got to prioritize it's logistically impossible. According to Sons a quote, I don't support mass deportations. Number one is that I don't think it's logistically possible, is not. Number two is who's going to pay for that mass deportation. We're already crippling under the weight of our own failed economy right now. Wonderful point, Orlando. So he said, we need to focus on deporting undocumented immigrants who have committed crime, and of course immediately closed the border with Mexico. For his part, Landsman basically agreed. I think it took a lot of courage for him to say the mass deportation just what, logistically isn't a path. So I think that is something that we have to come to terms with. And I want to give him credit for saying that. He's saying that it's logistically impossible. It's also not who we are. I don't know what that's supposed to mean. Both of them agreed they would have certified the twenty twenty election, and in the final analysis, I still say Orlando did a pretty gosh darn good job, and he is still far more qualified than Greg Landsman, and he is definitely right about the state of government spending. Think about that. You know, along those lines, it is logistically impossible. Can you imagine if all of the illegal immigrants that came across the border were criminals? And I'm not saying they are, but if they were, that's something we don't have the economic ability or logistical ability to even deal with. And I think of like in a war situation where you know the enemy is just pouring over the mountain and co running down the hill thousands and thousands an overwhelming surge force. It's so overwhelming that even though you're mowing down the opposition, they have so many people coming at you that they end up overwhelming your line. And if you envision that mass wave of immigrants as being that evil military force flowing in, we wouldn't be able to handle that either. I suppose, given the logistical hurdle so welcome to reality. Five thirty five fifty five KRC Detalk station Stack, Oh stupid? Coming up next. I hope you can stick around for that, or also feel free to call five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk found five fifty on eight and T funds. I will be right back, only a few lots to go and it's five forty fifty five k C detalk station epy Thursday. Hey, Jay, you want to give it a ward out right out of the gate for the stack is stupid? Why not? Local Democratic Party chairman in North Carolina had to resign after being arrested for ripping out and stealing signs supporting President Donald Trump, former President Trump, the now former chair the More County Democratic Party. I hope it was worth losing your job. Lowell Simon, also running for North Carolina House, charged to two counts of misdemeanor larceny of political signs. More County Democratic Party announced on Facebook earlier this week. Sixty eight year old Simon had resigned his chair following recent allegations and arrest related to the theft of political signs. Sheriff's office at a deputy working in the area observed Simon removing the campaign signs from the roadside along Well Seven Lakes Drive about five point thirty in the evening court to the office. The deputy was responding to an unrelated call at the time. Later followed up at Simon's residence, where the signs were found in his vehicle. He admitted to removing the signs, which were then recovered and returned to the original owner. Warnt for his arrest issued over the weekend, who was released under a written promise to appear in court. He'll be back in court for his first appearance October thirtieth. Local party. YEP is the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies.
Speaker 2: There's no bigger douche than you.
Speaker 1: You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche. Dumb, good going, douce. Your dreams have come true. Simon, after resigning, said, my worst angels got the better of me and I removed the signs. I shouldn't have done that. I didn't do it in the stealth of night or anything. I did it when it was five o'clock in the afternoon. Which doesn't that make him sound dumber. I was out right middle of the light. I was got The sheriff drove by and saw me doing it. She wish you didn't have the FCC hanging over my head. Sometimes just really, the expletive is it going to come out of my mouth? Sometimes? Let's see here, Ah, well, we can add this guy to the award. Joe, forty five year old man, has been accused of pretending to be a fifteen year old girl's father in order to pick her up from an Alabama school, where he took her to an abandoned house and then engaged in sexual intercourse. Justin Stevens facing charge of the second degree rape with a victim between the ages of twelve and fifteen, traveling to me a child for sex, and enticing a child, according to complaint from the Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office. Steven's called the Central High School in Florence on September eighteenth, told the staff the girl needed to be checked out, so allence cameras showed the girl entering his black Dodge truck nine o'clock in the morning, returning to school around two pm. Affi David says Stevens took the girl to an abandoned house on Country County Road to twenty two, where, of course, the sexual encounter occurred, and investigators later attracked him to a hotel in nearby Colbert County, where he allegedly admitted to the act. Also confessed to exchanging nude images with the girl on his phone, apparently traveled some five hundred miles from his home in Kentucky to get to the school to pick her up. Lauderdale County Sheriff Sergeant John Cason, speaking with Huntsville NBC affiliate, said the girl had a cell phone her parents were not aware about or aware of, and she apparently met him on you Know What's Coming social media. Once the parents found the phone, they handed over to investigators, who uncovered the messages between the two. Sergeant said, always monitor your kids social media, look at who they're talking to, and try to make sure their friends online are not friends they don't know, which is almost impossible in today's world. Jeez Stevens, for his part, is in jail on a three hundred and sixty five thousand dollars bond amid a bunch of inmates who probably have children of their own and aren't probably taking very kindly to them. Joe, what do you think about that? Hmm, yeah, we'll just let them stew in his own juices on that one five forty five fifty five krc DE talk station. Feel free to call if you got a comment. I got more stupid to talk about. Maybe even some more award winners stuffed in there. And anytime though QC Kinetics. See if QC Kinetics is right to you, it's free consultation to find out if they can maybe get rid of your chronic pain. If you got a chronic pain, knee pain, joint pain, arthritis, you know, aches, injury, pain along those lines, maybe you can get the relief you deserve without going under the knife, without pain pills, without steroid shots. Your body heals itself. There's healing agents. QC Kinetics takes them and concentrates them and places them in those areas where they have the pain, which is supposed to restore the ak areas. Treatments available right now in Cincinnati through QC Kinetics, the nation's leader in these regenative medicine practices. The results move again without pain. Now they've treated thousands of patients with incredible success. So relief from arthritis and injury without surgery, downtime, no steroids, no pain pills. Sounds like it's worthy shot. It's a free consultation. See if it might work for you you knee, shoulder, hip, or back. Find out if the UA good candidate by calling QC Kinetics and scheduling the free consultation. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five KRC. We can look gene line says anyway, sunny day, mostly sunnyday today high sixty two. It's going to be uh clear overnight thirty seven sixty eight under sunday skyes tomorrow with an overnight little forty clear skies and a sunny day on Saturday going up to seventy two thirty eight degrees. Right now, traffic time.
Speaker 7: Probably you see how tramphics center Mammograms save vibes called five one three, five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with you see HELSAX thirteen. That's five one three, five eight four pink. Highway traffic that's not bad at all for your Thursday morning timm me no time to lakes to deal within or out of downtown. Cruise are working with an accident on twenty eight, just above two seventy five. That wreck is at Romar Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's five forty nine, come coming up on five fifty to fifty five k r CD talk station five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred DY two three talk nine five fifty on eighteen and T phone's gonna before I get back to the stack. Is stupid. I got Bobby on the line. Hey Bobby, Happy Friday, eve.
Speaker 8: Hey, Happy Sursday. My brother face, flag, family and firearms? Would you have those? You're always going to keep your freedom?
Speaker 1: Good point, Bobby, you always make it. What's on your mind today? My friend?
Speaker 8: Well, we had the night or excuse me, not the Nationally Inquire, but it may as well be a the Cincinnati Moderator. But they always had the audio last night, they didn't have the video so you could see Greg's face when they just got castized.
Speaker 1: Did they ever explain that, Bobby? Because I logged in, you had two links. You could do it, you know, one of two ways. I just clicked on the YouTube link and there it was a blank screen. But I heard the audio, and I tried the other side. It was the same thing. So did they ever explain why there was no video?
Speaker 8: The only thing I could see was they didn't want to see Greg's facial expressions. When Orlando castized.
Speaker 1: Well that you may be onto something there. I don't know. I thought it was odd, but I did listen to the audio.
Speaker 8: Well, I always remember, man has no word, has no honor. You have no honor, you have no soul. And Greg, you know that's all art.
Speaker 3: Say.
Speaker 1: Well, let it sit there, Bobby, I think you made your point. Have a great day, my friend. Always good to hear from you, to the stack of stupid and of course, Florida, Port Saint Lucie, Florida, we have a man behind bars after brandishing a flame thrower at police in Fort Saint Lucci, thirty nine year Joseph Morton, thirty nine arrested in charge with one kind of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and a law enforcement officer one kind of resisting an officer without violence. Police department said it responded to a report of an explosion with smoke in the area of southwest Kimball's Circle. Happened Monday night. They got there, Morton allegedly was yelling at officers from his backyard, armed with a handheld flamethrower. Came out to his front yard and into the roadway where the officers were parked. Police department said it ordered him to drop the flame floor and they had their guns out told him to get to the ground. He refused. Police department said as he continued to approach the officers, he pointed the flamethrower at one of them. One officer close enough to Morton to grab the flamethrower, according to the police department, He retreated into his home, which was then surrounded by police officers, and officers requested him to exit. According to the police department, he appeared at his front door and attempted to blind an officer with a flashlight. At that point, the officers got their tasers out and were able to take him into custody without further incident. Once more, Morton was medically cleared. He was taking to Saint Lucie Keunningdale, where he was being held on a fifty five hundred dollars bond. You think he got that flamethrower from Elon musk Joe. Probably, well, we'll let this guy. Let these girls share in the award we gave out earlier this morning. Lots of folks joining in that one. A group of five girls in Washington, TC beat an elderly disabled man to death last year because they were, in their words, bored and looking for something to do. We find this out because one of the assailants testified in court on Tuesday. The girls ranged from twelve to fifteen years old or accused of killing sixty four year old Reggie Brown in a random attack in the nation's capital about one year ago. Court of the news release from the Metropolitan Police Department officers about twice at about twelve fifty four in the morning Tuesday, October seventeenth, they showed up at the sixty two undred block at Georgia Avenue in connection with reports of a man down. They got their first responders said they located an adult male later identified as this Brown guy, suffering from injuries consistent with an assault. Officer of the Chief Medical Examiner, conducting an autopsy, determined Brown's manner of death to be homicide. Cause of death blunt force trauma. To the head. Later in March, arrested a twelve year old female two thirteen year old females in connection with the attacks. All three juveniles, names, of course not being released because of their ages, have been charged with second degree murder. A few months later, investigators they discovered two more juveniles involved in the attack. Fifteen year old girl last week pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of assault with the dangerous weapon was subsequently sentenced to three years in a juvenile detention facility. As part of that plea deal, she was required to testify at the trial for two co defendants. Fifteen year old told jurors that the five girls had been in a skate park before returning to her home. While looking for something else to do, the juvenile witness said, she suggested they go out and find someone to beat up. When I asked why, she reportedly responded, quote because we were bored close quote So, while walking on Georgia Avenue, the fifteen year old said, the group came across Brown, who was already being attacked by an unknown adult male. He pushed mister Brown to the ground. Fifteen year old said he then walked up to us and I asked him why he was beating him up? What did he say? Prosecutors asked, I don't remember what he said. I asked if we could help, and he said yes. She testified she did not know the identity of the man on the blue coat who was beaten up Brown when they got there. One of the defenders reportedly recorded the attack on her cell phone, showing several of the girls stomping on Brown's head and lashing him with his own belt and then celebrating after the beatdown. They currently see two teens currently on tro face some maximum possible sentence of secured detention until age twenty one. Geez, what kind of society are we living in these days? Coming up on five point fifty six fifty five KR, see the talk station stick Around Plenty to talk about the six o'clock hour welcome phone calls as always. Then we'll hear from Jim Waters from the Blue Bluegrass Institute about Kentucky issues one and two. That'll be at seven o't five, followed by Donovan Andil who says get out and vote. More coming up. I hope you can stick around when you want to know, when you need to know, when you have to know you can be in the know right here on fifty five KRS talk station. Taybo by six I six here at fifty five par CD talk station. I'm happy Thursday slash Friday. Brian Thomas right here. Glad to have Joe strekor executive producer in there, and I'm appreciate him. Lining up the guests this morning. One hour from now, Jim Waters and the Bluegrass Sense Too joins the program and we'll talk about Kentucky issues one and two. Jim's gonna break that down in an hour Followay Donald and Neil Americans from Prosperity. Who's saying today, get out and vote at two exclamation points and reminding us the elections only a few weeks away, which is just so hard to believe. Empower You Seminar coming up with eight oh five, we'll talk to Mark Burrow the Biblical Roadmap to restore America. Interesting biblical take on how we got to where we are and maybe how the Bible can restore America. Mark's going to have to explain that to everybody. He'll do that at eight oh five and more in depth tonight beginning at seven pm. Empower Youamerica Dot Org for all the details. Jay Ratliffe, I love talking to Jay. I heard mediavish An expert Jay Radliff joins the program at eight thirty T We'll be talking about Frontier airline pilots voting to strike if necessary. Another near miss in San Diego, just the latest, and this one sounds interesting. Cockpit disagreements lead to the captain walking out the first officer and also hub delays with Jay Ratt Love wait for that one. Feel free to call anytime five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk found five fifty on AT and T phones. I'm not quite sure where I want to start, so I'm going to start here, and since the election is only a few weeks away, and since we have been talking at an ad nauseum for years now about the so called that I call this pavlov and Pevlovian response that people have when Donald Trump's name is even brought up. It's this built in reaction they just get in a large mat media of course, largely responsible for that, and it renders people incapable of objectively viewing the political landscape. And am I better off now than I? Was under the Trump administration. I don't get that. Honestly, I'm not looking for the perfect. I'm not willing to throw out the acceptable and the good, demonstrably acceptable and good, at least policy wise, for the perfect candidate. Do I have my criticism of Trump? Of course, everybody, every one of my listeners who've been listening to me for long enough, knows that I do have certain criticisms of Donald Trump. But I can be objective about it and realize that the idiot who's running against him is going to be bad for the country, as demonstrated last night talking to Brett Baer, I mean, talk about the five d's of dodgeball. You can't get it. Answer a question? I mean, does it's going to be the same old thing, the bad that you had over the Biden administration. So's this viral post that has been going around, already viewed by around sixty million viewers at least as of just yesterday, directly addressing this phenomenon just regular American guys. A lengthy post by an American who says he cannot stand Donald Trump, but nonetheless will be voting for him rather than Kamala Harris. So he goes into it explaining he does not like Donald Trump for myriad reasons. And he says, but notwithstanding my criticisms of the man, and by contrast to Kamala Harris, he provides a nice breakdown of all the points. First off, he'll bring in Elon Musk into his cabinet to be the efficiencies are and get rid of waste. This alone may be the best single reason to vote for him. That's a great point. The brilliance of Elon Musk, the man who successfully runs many businesses, who knows about waste and where to shave off and what's unnecessary and what's necessary. Yeah, there'll be a perfect role for him bringing his brilliance to the office. I'll take it. And for those out there who are anti vax have problems with the COVID nineteen vaccine, think doctor Fauci's a liar, and who are concerned about America's health, he says he'll bring Robert Kennedy Junior into his cabinet to make America healthy again. He will finally get to the bottom of why our food companies are destroying the health of our children. I've had many conversations with people the sugar industry, mighty sugar industry, and sugar is literally in everything that in corn syrup. I don't know necessarily it's a huge difference between the two. I just know that there is just massive quantities of sugar and corn syrup and everything. One among many potential reasons why the American population is growing ever obese. I think forty percent of American children are obese. I saw a map of the United States where the most obesity is and you look at the map and green represented the smallest number. And I think there were only like three states in the entire map of the United States that had less than twenty percent of the population obese. Can Robert F. Kennedy do something about Junior? Do something about it? Maybe? He says, I'm sick of the way the media lies continuously about Donald Trump, starting with the incessant racism claims. They're not just nonsense. And he points out, you know, he latest thing he learned was the plane that Donald Trump's center fly Nelson Mandela home after being in jail because the US wouldn't do it. He says, racist. No, And that's another criticism I have with the means s mainstream meta. That's one of the litany of you know, adjectives used to describe Trump. Every time one of those crazy people hears the name Trump, race says Nfhabi, homophobic, Yeah right, and never coming up with any specific illustrations in support of any of those lies. He says, I'm sick in the United States being embroid in foreign wars. This is a funny point this guy makes. Trump will keep us out of them again, maybe a bold statement. He's just crazy enough that foreign nations will stand down. They have no fear of Kamala, they will fear him. Yeah, he is just crazy enough. Trump sees this country as fundamentally good. Kamala sees it as inherently evil. Trump will end the nonsense of the open border, which makes our country less secure, less financially stable, and brings in millions of people illegally who compete for America's jobs. That's a winning issue for Trump across the board. Look at literally any poll, and look at Kamaal of trying to backpedal all around it the whole time last night of Brettbaar and in other interviews, when she's well willing enough to give them even to nice friendly environments for her. He says, this government has to print billions to care for the illegals. That makes all of our dollars less valuable and makes prices zoom upward. He will stockpile bitcoin. That's an issue, an area that I know very little about. He will keep men out of women's bathrooms and women's sports, an issue that's getting more and more popular and every single day. The Fox News host Harris Faulkner did a town hall filled with women, all female audience, aired yesterday On Faukner, she noted that transgender issues had become a major part of the campaign cycle. Then ask the audience how worried they are, quote, how many of you are worried about biological men and boys competing against women and girls in sports? And when the camera panned back, it showed virtually every single woman in the entire audience with her hand in the air, and of course Trump's sitting and there goes we stop it, will stop it. You can't have it. It's a man playing in the game. So I mean physically from a muscular standpoint, even if it's a little bit less. Look at what's happening in swimming. Look at the records that are being broken. Donald Trump is against it. He said, you just ban it? Which is that title nine adjustment? So that one is another wise point that this guy makes. He says he Donald Trump is a heavyweight personality and a negotiator. Kamala is a phony personality and a lightweight negotiator. Draw your own conclusions on that. Maybe a little subjective, but I concur the people who want Aamla Harris to win are the most annoying people in the country. They have pushed for pronouns, masks, endless vaccines, cancel culture riots, blatant racism toward white's gender confusion, undermining the US Constitution. There's a litany he moves on. He will upset the current political system. He was nearly the victim of an assassination three times, and he keeps going. He's not the best in interviews, but he at least puts himself out there over and over and over. Kamala hasn't done a single press conference. Why is she hiding? And someone might be screamab she was on Fox News last night. Well maybe that's why she's hiding. Listen, listen to what she had to say. She got really defensive too. He says, those who support Harris look at Trump supporters as vile, stupid, ignorant, and fascist. They disown family members or disinvite them from Thanksgiving Day if they support Trump. This is disgraceful. It's a good observation, and I'm sure that street may run two ways, but the left and they're built in anger and reaction to Trump. Again, this Pavlovian response, you know, just bending to the will of their lords and masters. No, you can't interact with anyone part of the division that goes on in this country. If they like Trump, you need to cut them off. If they are a Trump supporter, you need to just take a new look at who they are, even if they're a family member. I bet every one of my listening audience has someone or at least is familiar with a family or or people who don't talk amongst themselves anymore, have gotten into family fights and division, have essentially disowned relatives over Donald Trump. Maybe I'm just not old enough to remember a point in the nation's history where that's happened before. I mean, I've been through a whole bunch of administrations and I do not ever remember this anger built in with Regardless of the two candidates. I never even would consider disowning someone if their Kamala Harris supporter, if they're still friends with me, if we have interests that transcend politics, I'm still going to want to hang out with them. I just had lunch yesterday with two hardcore Democrats, a couple of my best friends. I don't act that way. There's no reason to, he says every time she talks. I try to give her a chance, but she is the most phony and condescending politician I've ever seen ever. I can't do it. I won't do it again. These are the opinions of a random guy, but I think they serve to illustrate some valid points and then filing. She and those who support her are resistant to voter ID and believe requiring an ID is racist. Her de part of justice is suing the State of a Virginia for trying to purge voter roles of illegals. Why would we not want one vote per one US citizen? Is it more racist to believe people from the inner city are perfectly capable of securing a government issued ID or believe they are incapable. Echoing a point that I've made multiple times over the years on this program. It is an outright insult to tell an entire population of people that, based on the color of their skin, they are not capable of getting a photo ID. It has nothing to do with that, folks. It's all about another avenue to cheat. That's all I can assume from that. Five point three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three. Talk with Time five fifty on at and T Funds and get in touch with Austin and the crew at Foreign Exchange looking for and hav an Austin back in the program soon. Get ready to line that one up. Give us some really good information as we approach wintertime about what to do with your car. That's something you can just consider right now. Have it, you know, quote unquote winteriz, check all your fluid levels, have your tires checked out. Make sure everything's ready to go so you don't have any problems in the winter time, like having you're battery tested. For example, the batteries always die at the coldest day when you're out in the middle of a parking lot. You want to go home and on geez, the battery's dead. Well, if you have it checked out early enough you know whether it needs to be replaced before the cold weather hits. They're amazing technicians. They're as certified Master technicians with data access to your manufacturers technical information regardless of which continent it comes from, Asian or European. Full warranty on parts and service, on everything they do for you, and what is the bottom line? Your bottom line? And Foreign Exchange they just don't charge nearly as much as what the dealers charge. That's the benefit of working with the independent folks at Foreign Exchange. Find them a line, foreign x dot com, Foreign letter x dot com. Tyler's the Legs of off seventy five to the Westchester location. That's where we go. Just go two streets east on Tylersville, off the exit and you are already at Kingland Drive five one three, six, four four six, twenty six again online foreign x dot com fifty five far the tox. If you missed our twenty twenty four high Art Radio music festival presented by Capital was Watch the Best Moment exclusively. Weather forecast Sunday Day today sixty two over night down to thirty seven. It'll be clear sixty eight and sunny skies tomorrow overnight forty with clear skies. Saturday Sunday sunny is well with a high of seventy two thirty eight degrees right now. Fire for traffic from.
Speaker 7: The UCL Traffic Center. Mammogram saved. Vives called five one three five eight four pink. Just schedule your annual mammogram if you see HELSAX thirteen that's five one three, five eight four pink. Highway traffic continues to look good for your Thursday morning.
Speaker 4: No REX to deal with, no delays as of yet.
Speaker 7: Northbound fourth seventy one doing fine past Memorial, northbound seventy five in good shape. At Kyle's inbound seventy fourth doing fine coming down the hill from North Bend. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR SE deep talk station.
Speaker 1: Coming up on six twenty three at fifty five KR City Talks. Got a couple of callers online five one three seven two three talk. Interestingly enough, both callers named Bill, So we're going to start in the order in which they receive Kentucky Bill. Hang on, Bill, go ahead, Welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 9: All right, Before I get into the Fox interview, I happened to have ABC World News on when I walked into the room and out there and listen to them talk about Kamala Harris and the hundred Republicans that she's picked up. And it was like about six minutes worth of their babbling about her. And I don't think they had twenty seconds of anything about Trump. And I always thought that they had to give equal time for both candidates when they did that kind of stuff, I.
Speaker 1: Guess that's their commentary. They choose to dedicate the amount of time. It's like, do I spend a lot of my time promoting Kamala Harris? No, of course I don't. I don't have to do that. But if they offer an opportunity for one candidate, then they have to offer an opportunity for another quite often, most notably in environments perceived by candidates as hostile like the fifty five KS Morning Show. The opportunities out there for Greg Landsman to come on the program, he just doesn't choose to exercise his right to come on the program, if you get what I'm coming from.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 9: And then as far as the Fox interview with Brett Barr, she showed up fifteen minutes late for the interview, which put him up against the you know the end of his programming, and he had only I don't think he even got twenty minutes where they interview with her, and you know, once again, her word salid, and her babbling on and and that kid kept switching all her answers to Trump's fall for this and Trump's fall for that.
Speaker 8: I don't know why they even let her do interviews.
Speaker 1: She she is, well, that's you just hit the nail on the head on why she has been hiding for so I'm the only reason she agreed to go on Brett Bear's program and get interviewed by miss He's getting so much criticism for hiding. It was not doing her any good at all. So the lesser of two evils. Do you hide and lose voters because they think you're trying to hide something, or do you go ahead and submit to a more difficult, challenging interview environment and let people realize exactly why they don't let you come out in public and talk about it. It's a catch twenty two for Harris bottom line bill Catch twenty two. Hang on Bill from Kentucky. I look up, I see I am out of time, but I know I want to hear what you have to say. We'll get the local stories as well, or take more phone calls. Feel free to call. Get yourself some odor exsit don't won't get rid of the stench of politics that looms in the air. I know, it's like an earworm, and just you know, it's something you're gonna have to learn to get rid of yourself. But it does eliminate all the odors you typically run into on any you know, a household situation, wherever you happen to find oders, pet oders, human owners, you got smoke, mold mill do. There are products for every odor elimination and you can get them at odor exit dot com, od O, r XIT, NOE, odorexit dot com. Buy it on the website and especially now because right now, if you buy all four of the otor exit products, they have the eliminator, the Magic, the AQM and moms. Learn more about it on site and you'll know which ones they are for get twenty percent off when you buy all four products, which will be shipped to you for free order before today at three it'll be on your front door tomorrow. You have to have it today. You can find a store right there. They have a little search engine, but the products are one hundred percent guarantee. They're safe, they're green, they're all natural, non toxic odor eliminating for surfaces, safety use on literally and around pets and children. It's harmless. You can safely be sprayed on both skin and pet fur and walls and furniture. You know, if it's just they're great products and they come with one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. You have any questions, call them up and ask. But if it doesn't work when you use it as directed, you'll get your money back. Odor Eggs fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 4: Turn out your radio.
Speaker 1: Here's a Sean Hannity Morning Minute.
Speaker 10: And I've had elections where I'm advocating for a particular candidate and I've lost those elections. It's disappointing. You know that somebody is a better candidate, they don't win. And sometimes Republicans have put off off put up awful candidates. But you know this is an opportunity to secure your border, to end inflation, the lower your taxes, to bring back law and order, a better schools, to get us the energy dominance which will make the country rich, to restore America's place in the world, and to deal with. You know, the people that they've let into this country unvetted, including murderers, rapists, other violent criminals, gangs, cartels, known terrorists, but we don't know where they are. I mean, it's an opportunity to turn all.
Speaker 1: Of this around.
Speaker 10: Check out the Sean Hannity radio show later today.
Speaker 11: Right here.
Speaker 12: Hey, everyone, the twenty twenty four election is on our doorstep, and Kamala Harris and Tim Walls are knocking on your door. They're pushing for higher taxes and even taxes on unrealized gains. Could you imagine that paying taxes on something you never took profits on. What would that do to the economy? Will they come for your retirement savings? Will they come for your house? Who knows? But don't wait to find out. Learn how you could protect and diversify everything you've worked for with the top rated precious metals company gold Co. Gold Co has over six thousand and five star reviews, a bunch of awards, and has helped people just like you purchase over two and a half billion dollars in gold and silver. Call eight by five eight one five gold to get your free twenty twenty four gold and silver kit plus up to a ten percent instant match on bonus silver for qualified accounts. Learn how precious metals like gold and silver could help you. Call eight by five eight one five gold. That's eight five eight one five.
Speaker 4: Gold paid for by Gold Co.
Speaker 1: Name calling. Pushing sunny skies today with the highest sixty two go one under thirty seven overnight clear skys sunny and sixty eight tomorrow clear over night forty and a sunny Saturday to the highest seventy two thirty eight degrees right now. Tyme for traffic cuck.
Speaker 7: From the UCF Traffic Center mammogram say vibes called five one three five eight four pink is scheduled your annual mammogram with U see Health Expert team.
Speaker 4: That's five one three five eight four pink. Highway traffic.
Speaker 7: That's not bad at all for your Thursday morning northbound seventy five. Just beginning to get a little bit heavier into downtown, but still no extra time needed.
Speaker 4: Out of Florence.
Speaker 7: I do have a report of an accident northbound two seventy five above thirty two at Eastgate, but so far no delay.
Speaker 4: Chuck Ingbraman fifty five kr s the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's sixt thirty here fifty five kr se DE talk station. Very very happy Thursday to you. Uh and if you can, you know that, don't lose sight of the victims of the hurricane. Obviously, so many people are still struggling. And I heard from my friend Laura this morning, friend of the show, and she may even be listening right now. Send me a message about the psychological problems that people are having, the stress that they are feeling. You've lost everything, the power still off, I mean, the whole idea. Can you imagine the gravity of your depression and the stress that you will be feeling if you were under those circumstances. Every little bit of assistance we can provide, whether it's prayers, And I know some people find that to be obnoxious and don't believe in it. Hey, many people do, and I talk about it. Hold on a second, bill when I talk about my cancer situation, my appointments today at eleven fifteen, I should get the results of find out what my treatment protocol is going to be. And so many people have prayed for me. And you know, people in the Catholic faith have done rosaries for me. I'm not Catholic, do you know how much that means to someone, how uplifting a little just a little bit of acknowledgment that you have someone out there in the world that cares enough about you to take some time out of their day to just pray for you. And if you're dealing with those circumstances, you know, that could be actually could be a really good boost, a necessary needed infusion of positivity in someone's life who's struggling with absolute misery. But beyond that, you know, I always like to plug Matthew twenty five. Get Matthew twenty five will make that one dollar you give on almost one hundred percent go to those who need the relief. Don't give to one of those organizations it's got thirty or forty percent overhead. So please don't lose sight of those folks. They are still struggling, you know. And Bill, thank you for indulging me there for a moment. Welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for holding.
Speaker 13: I got two points, but the one you were just talking about, now this happens now they knowing Florida, this comes every year. Okay, Now come on, I mean you're living the and an area like that that you know every year is coming and and they're still expecting the taxpayers to rebuilt every year. Now there comes a point where enough is enough. That's my one point. Now let me get to my second point now, Brian, and I'm I hope you're good and everything is good on your cancer thing. And yes, I bless you man, God bless you.
Speaker 3: I wish the best for you.
Speaker 13: And then uh now, now look at old man. You see on teav there are acres and acres and acres of these cars that nobody can afford to have, nobody wants. What the heck are they going to do with them? They can't sit forever. And the people overseas they don't want those either.
Speaker 1: There's an article about the Germans only.
Speaker 13: Theres don't even want the battery operators one.
Speaker 1: They want Toyota trucks, combusted engines. That's what the terrorist drive around in. That's funny, Bill. I appreciate you making that point. Yes, the Europeans are walking away from their evs and vowing never to buy another one again after the experience with the first one. You're right, there are acres and acres of evs sitting unbought on lots and it's because right no one wants them. The only reason they are even sitting there is because of mandates by the federal government. This is not a free market situation. This is not you getting something you asked for. This is them parlaying this whole idea that you are exhaling us into oblivion and we need to get rid of carbon dioxide, plant food from the atmosphere. You know, I know, I am alone. I feel like I am a lone voice in the wilderness and my rejection of this crap. But even if you believe, you know, man made climate change is a thing. We are fighting a Sisapian battle, pushing that rock uphill. Because the more we harm ourselves and the more we take endeavor to remove carbon from the atmosphere with scrubber plants and carbon capture technology, you know, and building windmills and solar panels which aren't reliable, the more pollution India and China belch out every year, which negates any effort that we have made. Why do we reward our foe, specifically the Chinese Communist Party. I'm not having to go at Indians right now, but they reject it. You know what, They're concerned about having enough electricity for their people to live, thrive, and survive, to build their economy. That's what you do. Abundant power equals an abundance of wealth and jobs, and also a great destination to build a factory or maybe start your own business. Can't do that in the Third world infrastructure. So so many businesses settle here or formally settled here, and have gone off to China now where they can get cheap labor. They don't have to worry about the EPA, they don't have to worry about OSHA. They'll work for basically pennies on the dollar. That's just the way their economy works, and so many businesses have taken advantage of it over the years, which is why we find ourselves behind the eight ball when it comes to manufacturing. We have done it to ourselves this. Remember, the globalists don't like us being the outlier. We're the envy of the rest of the world. What do we do about that? If we're trying to get the globe on one set of principles and pages, here, we can't have freedom and liberty and the whole idea of abundance of power and a great infrastructure. America's got all that because of the way their system of government works, which allowed them to become the most prosperous nation and country in the history of mankind. That doesn't work for the globalists. So we're going to parlay global warming into throat cutting, which also allows them to more more exercise greater control over our lives. Who's trying to take away your freedoms and liberties? Who's a threat? Come on, you know the answer to that question six point thirty seven. You just have to reject the religion of global warming, that man made global war or climate change or whatever. See, they even had to change the name of it because the models didn't bear witness to what they were telling us global warming. And you know what, pay attention to the models. They have changed dramatically. No, the glaciers aren't gonna melt in counter year X. They've kicked that off so many times now. If the predictions were accurate, you and I'd be underwater right now. If you listen to Al Gore early on in this whole thing, we'd be dead by now. If you listen to Greta Thunberg, well, I'm sorry, I'm gonna call you a a well intellectually challenged individual for even entertaining whatever she has to say. But she is one of the people who has been impacted by this. She is an alarmist and she I mean, do you think that she's ever had a smiling, happy day in the last ten years. Her childhood was ruined by this. And she's not the only one. She's just a great poster child for the psychological damage this crap can well end up causing our children and the young people don't want to have children these days. Be based on this premise, I can't bring a human being into this world. The world's dying. Yeah, there's this one outcome after another. All of it bad built on this premise six thirty eight. Sorry, one in a rail. I got to Mike and Steve. Hang on, guys, I get your phone calls as soon as I'm done speaking on behalf of Zimmer Zimmer Heating and air condition Great folks at ZIM are three generations with Zimmer. Now really they're great, great taking care of you the customer. Hey, if the lead in twenty four hour day, seven day week emergency service, they're greater Cincinnati's leader on that and you will get superior customer service from my friends at Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning, And again the special is still going on. If your air conditioning unit's gone belly up, and you might say, well, it's a great time of year for that to happen because I'm not going to be using it. Temperatures are going to be going up soon again. But still it's time to take advantage of and save a lot of money. So you got to replace your air conditioner, get a carrier unit from Zimmer and you'll give you a cool carrier comfort rebate. About the twenty one hundred dollars off, I call that serious money. So get in touch with them. Easy to do, schedule apployment. Learn more about the services they offer, including the maintenance programs good idea those It's go Zimmer dot com. That's go Zimmer dot com. Fifty five KRC the talk station at Donovan's OTOWM Tire Center. We're prop Chaff the Channel nine first morning weather forecast. Sunny in sixty two today, clear of a night thirty seven, snay tomorrow sixty eight, clear of a night forty and a sunny Saturday with the highest seventy two thirty eight degrees Right now time for traffic.
Speaker 7: Chuck from the UCL Traffic Center. Mammogram saved vibes called five one three, five eight four. Paint justs schedule you'r annual mammogram with you see health. Thanks printeen. That's five one three, five eight four. Paint Highway traffic in pretty good shape this morning. No major time delays to deal with that of yet. I'm just beginning to see traffic build northbound seventy five near Kyle's and southbound seventy five. You're doing fine out of Sharonville Pass, Glendale, Milford, Chuck Ingraman fifty five care see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five fair ce De talk station, Happy Friday. He's gonna go right to the phone. Who's first, Joe, I can't see the tiny mic is first? Steve, hang on, get you next, Mike, Thanks for holding. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 14: All right, Brian, I call about a Kamala Harris interview.
Speaker 3: But real quick.
Speaker 14: Grannis smiles every day she looks at her bank account.
Speaker 1: That may be true. Yeah, I'm sure she's parlayed, parlayed her weeping, concerned, nervous, worried, anxiety ridden persona into megabox. I hope it's worth it.
Speaker 14: And yeah, but with Kamala, if she wants to have a chance to win, she needs to keep her mouth shut, keep come out yet, and keep Bill's mouthshit.
Speaker 9: Because Brock making all the black letters, man.
Speaker 14: And you got Bill out there saying that these people were meted at the border, we wouldn't have these problems, I know.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: And don't forget Joe Biden throwed her under the bus in terms of the hurricane relief too. Yeah, that.
Speaker 3: Is pretty much give him a player too.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well, you know, I tell you what, here's a conspiracy theory for you. Just I've thought about this before and I really don't believe it. But maybe, maybe, just maybe that they're so aware that Kamala Harris is maybe just going to lose, or they knew that she was not a viable candidate, that they want Donald Trump to win because he is so divisive and people will run amok in the streets and burn things down and make the device and maybe created an opportunity for the declaration of martial law. I've heard a whole bunch of people say that I'm not quite there yet, but you know what, these people are so nefarious it's easy to come up with these things, you know. Thank you very much for making the point though, Steve, thanks for holding Welcome to the program.
Speaker 11: So nice to talk to you again. My wife and I were out of the country and I thought about calling you last week from Rio Desioneio, just so you could say Steve from Rio Desioneio. But I thought about calling you for about five seconds and forgot about you then, So sorry.
Speaker 1: Why because you were in Rio Desionaro on vacation.
Speaker 11: It was nice, really nice people. I mean, we were right on the beach. It was amazing, I mean, really really nice. But I also detached from the news for one week, which was really something I think you dream about all the time. It is, but just because i'm kind of I don't know, I'm not throwing a bucket of ice water on you to cool you off with the climate change stuff, because I think you've calmed down now with a commercial break and the other phone call. But my favorite thing, and I haven't said it in a while, is and of course Republican political or politicians are are by and large inarticulate and stupid people. It's hard to be a Republican. It's hard to support them because they'll let you down all the time. But my favorite thing is if they would only listen to your show and when they were pressed on climate change, just come back with the retort of what percent of climate change today is man made versus naturally occurring? And how were those numbers determined? And nobody can answer that, but they're too stupid.
Speaker 3: To say it.
Speaker 8: But it's like nice, nice to.
Speaker 11: Be back and see what good good luck later today.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that very much. I appreciate you thinking of the morning show where you're there, and I absolute and applaud you for not calling in, even though I would have been honored for getting a phone call from Rio Dejion Narrow. You're in the morning show, you are on vacation, you are doing a political detox, and so I'm jealous of you. Six forty six if you bove care se detok station. USA Insallation such a great product pull out and I bought it for our daughter in her new house. Well it's an old house and that's why we got it for because their house was built in the late seventies. After USA conducted their free inspection, which they will do for you determine that yes, there is R twelve or was in the exterior walls of her home. But that R twelve, being about forty plus years old, deteriorated, no longer even provides an R twelve insulation that is not sufficient. USA premium foam went in with that old R twelve. Now she has an unbelievably efficient home. Exterior walls are loaded with a premium home, and she is now achieving energy savings. Of course, have been enjoying the comfort so much so that they really did not have to use their air conditioner that much. It really is an effective product for keeping the heat out of the house and of course the cold temperatures out of the house in the middle of the wintertime. Enjoy the comfort all year round, and enjoy the energy savings. If you're using your HVAC and you are going to save money, that's a guarantee from the USA, so much so that the federal government even recognizes that. That's why they're giving you a twelve undred dollar energy tax credit. Thank your neighbor for the taxes paid twelve hundred dollars off the top just by getting your home phone. Call the professionals at the USA. They've been doing this for decades and they've insulated thousands of home and always people's only regret. It's like I only wish I had done this sooner. Five one three three eight one three six two six again free inspection. If you're under insulated or a non insulated they'll be able to determine that three eight to one PHAM online US Insulation dot Net fifty five KRC unit First Warning weather forecast not bad sunny in sixty two today or night clear in thirty seven Sunday tomorrow. I have sixty eight clear overnight forty and on Saturday another a sunny day going up to seventy two thirty eight degrees. Right now traffic.
Speaker 4: Time from the UC Help Tramping Center.
Speaker 7: Mammogram Saved Vibes called five one three five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with U. See HEALTHEX thirteen. That's five one three five eight four pink. Highway tramp. That's not bad at all to deal with so far this morning. Just beginning to build northbound seventy five Kyle's and southbound seventy five at the Reagan Highway. Just hearted his pants for an ancient with injuries on Warsaw below grand Ingram would on fifty five krc the talk.
Speaker 1: Station six fifty one fifty five KRCD talk station. Thanks Richard, he's got any email from Richarie. So I just visited Auto Trader. With a fifty mile radius of Cincinnati. There are eight hundred and eight new and one hundred and sixty six used evs sitting on dealer lots, up to ten thousand dollars off the sticker price for some of them, yep, and nobody wants them, which allows me to pivot over since we were moving into that whole global warming crap nonsense category. Editorial board, You know, I love the EDITORI board of the Wall Street Journal. A lot of times sometimes I disagree with them. But Gavin Newsom came up with a proposal of twenty two decrease the price gasoline in California by well preventing the instability at refineries forcing them to stockpile extra gasoline already refined the Journal. Is California Governor Gasam Newsom trying to raise gasoline prices? It's hard not to wonder, after he signed legislation this week that does precisely that. Meantime, his climate regulators next month planned to raise prices even more. Remember this is a self inflicted wound, folks. On Monday, Newsom declared, as he was signing a bill imposing these onerous new mandates on refineries. You're seeing gas prices drop across the rest of the country, but spike in California. Oil companies buy all these ads saying somehow it's California's fall. They've been manipulating you, They've been lying to you. Oh really, journal points out truth is California gasoline prices are on average a dollar forty seven per gallon higher than the national average, owing to its gas taxes the highest in the country. Environmental regulations, including cap and trade and low Carbon Fuel standard. High operating costs have spurred seven California refineries to cease production over the last decade, and on Thursday, Phillip sixty six announced plans to cease operations at its Los Angeles area refinery, which well constitutes eight percent of the state's refining capacity that will be gone. This has contributed to a tight market and price spikes whenever a refinery has problems. California's new law will require refiners to maintain larger stockpiles of fuels supposedly to mitigate supply shortages, but even Newsom's Energy Commission warns that the mandate will increase average prices or could anyway. That's because refiners will have to spend hundreds of millions of dollars building and maintaining more inventory, which they will have to replenish continuously. Since Gathleene has a shelf life of only a few months, refinery has already maintained about two weeks of supply. Some may shut down to avoid the new cost new and costly burdened refinery. Union leaders warned that a man will harm their workers quote profit employees, our members and allows them to feed their families close quote That's what they wrote to the legislative leaders last week. They went on to say it should not be deemed villainous to operate legal and needed industries that turn up profit for shareholders, especially when they employ hundreds of thousands of Californians and contribute billions of dollars in tax revenue close quote. Wonderful, awesome, knock it out of the baseball park point. Newsom, however, disagrees his goal is to drive oil and gas companies out of business or at least out of the state. California's oil production has declined about thirty five percent since he entered office in January twenty nineteen, and by half over the last decade. Last month, he signed a bill letting localities block new wells. Now, the California Air Resources Board is prepared to ratchet up the state's low Carbon Fuel Standard, which requires refiners to blend increasing amounts of renewable fuels into diesel and gasoline. That board last September projected that the stricters standard would increase gasoline prices by forty seven cents a gallon next year. Danny Cullinward to Harvard's Climbing Center for Energy Policy last week estimated prices could climb sixty five cents a gallon in the near term and nearly a dollar fifty by twenty thirty five. Over to Stanford University, where researchers forecast the combination of the Low Carbon Fuel Standard and cap and trade program will raise prices by a dollar fifty a gallon by twenty thirty The kicker is that the California Air Resources Board plans to vote on the rule three days after the election. That's politically convenient timing for Democrats in close s fought House and legislative races where Republicans have campaigned against the high of the state's high gasoline prices while Newsom vilifies big oil, voters are starting to figure out that the real prices villains are in Sacramento. Again, these are self inflicted wounds. Would the problems be that grave in California in terms of gas prices that they didn't have such onerous regulations and restrictions and weren't so busily trying to put the damn companies out of business even though they do employ hundreds and thousands of people nationwide, and our very economy depends on gasoline and diesel to function. Don't you sense something truly nefarious in all of this? Six fifty six fifty five cares of the decok station right off the top of the r news we're gonna hear from Jim Waters from the Buckeye are the Bluegrass Institute? Rather? What are Kentucky Issues one and two all about? We get the breakdown on that, follow by Donovan and Neil saying get out and vote Americans for prosperity at seven thirty up the right back changing world. There's one constance you can depend on. Fifty five krc D Talk station at the top end, bottom of the hour, this report seven oh six. Here at fifty five krc DE talk station. Brian Thomas wishing everyone a happy Thursday and welcoming back to the fifty five krc Morning Show. Find them online at b I p p S Buckeye Ensued for a Public Policy BPI dot org. God, welcome back to Jim Waters. It's pleasure to have you on the program.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's fine, except it's the Bluegrass Institute. We're in Kentucky.
Speaker 1: That's twice. That is twice this morning. I've screwed up in my sincere apologies, and I also had apologize.
Speaker 3: Okay, I just want everybody to know where we're at, Bluegrass Institute.
Speaker 1: Ude, I apologize, and you know that. I also apologize. They're on the program for not talking about and compared to Ohio issue one, which is complex and crazy, two very simple but very important amendments that folks in Kentucky are going to be voting on Amendments one and two. So my apologies for not, you know, focusing a little bit more on that, but sounds to me like they're most great idea.
Speaker 3: Kay, you're talking to us today, so thank you.
Speaker 1: And I know you're a You're in a debate the other day, a link debate with Bridget Bloom, who is all over Kentucky amendment to Let's move that one aside. Let's start with issue one, which is very simple and I think very easy to understand. Amendment one. No person who is not a citizen of the United States shall be allowed to vote in this state, period, right.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, Well, you know, and the Constitution already says that, but we've seen around the country where that, you know, cities in particular, have tried to get around that and allow non citizens to vote on local issues. And I think the legislature just wanted to close any loopholes there. So it's it is very simple. You're right, it's a very simple amendment, and that it really just clarifies and really closes any possibility of that happening. I think it's more of a preventing move, Brian. You know, it's more about preventing what we've maybe seen and what some of the concerns have been from what have been seen in other states, like like something like what could happen in Louisville or you know, one of our cities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so proactive.
Speaker 3: I think that's there.
Speaker 1: Listen, if it's happened elsewhere, it certainly could happen in the Commonwealth, So why not get ahead of it. Look, let's not let happen over there. Happened here is So I imagine this is probably in Kentucky got pretty much widespread support, Well I would.
Speaker 3: I think so. Well. Of course we'll know for sure here in about nineteen days. But but you know, I know that that was the intention of legislators, and I think everybody pretty well understands that. I haven't heard much much disagreement about that. So and you know, getting people shaking their heads on one might help us on two. We'll see, you know, it's you know, when these things are on the ballot. Sometimes that's how that works too. So I wonder if I could give us momentum on amendment too.
Speaker 1: So it may very well, because honestly, I don't understand how the opportunity for school choice that any parent, I don't care what your political stripe is, how any parent could not desire at least the ability to choose which schools their children go to just as a concept, what's wrong with giving parents choice? And then you pivot over to the reason that people are against this idea of choice. Oh, they'll make arguments about public money going to you, maybe religious institutions. But the bottom line is this is in order to maintain the monopoly teachers unions have over education, which is currently enshrined in the Kentucky Constitution.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was untold display in our debate the other night, if we be, but you know, our polling is indicated that across the board, whatever the political persuasion, a school choice is a popular idea among a strong majority of Kentucky. Is up to seventy percent in many in many groups, and even with Democrats and Independence a strong majority. The key year is to get that translated into passage of this amendment. Now, this amendment doesn't create a school choice policy. This amendment simply says that our Constitution cannot be interpreted as prohibiting the legislature from passing those policies that would fund a school choice program like we see in Ohio and Indiana and Tennessee and every state surrounding US. I mean, there are over three hundred thousand kids today who will be in a charter school in the seven neighboring states around in Kentucky, but none in Kentucky because we are that far Bay.
Speaker 1: High well, and your state legislator has tried to allow for some funding formulas to help you know the choice, but they keep getting shot down by your Supreme Court because your Constitution as currently written, prohibits the use of public money outside of public schools. So that's the lynchpin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, as it's interpreted an yeah, well, that's true. At this amendment would will allow the legislature to quit looking at having to look over your shoulders of what the court was and really looking forward to what families and students in our state need. And the Kentucky Summitive Assessment, which just came out in the last couple of weeks, shows that a majority of our students are not proficient in math, reading, and science. And so here we have this issue, and then we have the superintendents and the bureaucrats and the unions bragging about an eighty nine percent graduation rate and I'm saying, wait a minute, what's the diploma we're handing out? Is it worth anything?
Speaker 1: Equity?
Speaker 3: But what is that worth.
Speaker 1: That's equity, brother, that's equity, a full display.
Speaker 3: And it's not helping our kids. I am not helping our kids prepare for the future. And that's and and that's another thing, by the way, on this, I think that we see a real dichotomy in this debate between those of us who really say, let's put students first, let the system adjust. Whatever the system does, it's going to do, but let the students get what they need, versus those who say, we need to protect the system, we need to prop up the system. But the funding for education is not for a system, it's not for a school. It is to educate students. And if they take those dollars, Brian, wherever they go, whether it's a traditional public school, a public charter school, or a private school, parochial school, and they get the education they need, then those dollars have been properly used because that is what they're for. And to all this nonsense about this would take money away from our education system. The truth of the matter is that even if this amendment passes, our constitution would require the legislature to create a separate funding program or a school choice program. It would not even take any state dollars away from public schools. So why is and there So there's a lot of fear mongering from the governor and a lot of myths being thrown out there about how this would divert money away from public education. You know, it's interesting to me we don't talk about that that way. We don't talk that way when it comes to other public goods that we're funding with public dollars. For example, Medicare recipients they can use their dollars at whatever hospital or whatever healthcare provider they need, and nobody says, well, you're diverting money from one to the other. Why Because the money doesn't belong to the provider. It belongs to the patient to do what they need to do with it. So indeed, give the individual there is the dignity of making their own decisions.
Speaker 1: You know, most notably because a lot of people argue that, oh, you know this is you're you're supporting religious organizations with the taxpayer dollars. Well that's both. There's religious hospitals out there, like the Catholic Health System hospitals, they're getting Medicare dollars. That's an excellent point. I hadn't heard that one before. So big props to you, Jim for bringing that up. Well, so, and here's the language.
Speaker 3: The religious Yeah, on the religious issue, I mean, we already allowed dollars to be used at religious institutions of education, pell grants and and the GI bill. Those dollars were the individual recipient took those dollars and decided where they spent it. And they could be spent at Cincinnati Christian University, was there or whatever that they could be used, that dollars could be used at those schools. So we don't, we don't. We don't have this problem when it comes to higher education. Why should that be an issue with K through twelve? The question is are our kids getting educated? And the fact is the majority of them are not? So what are we going to do about it? I've asked for other solutions. I asked Bridget the other night, what about other solutions?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: By the way, one other argument that comes up a lot is well, you're just taking money and giving it to the wealthy. You know that this is just going to benefit wealthy kids who are already in private schools. Well, okay, then will you agree? Will the governor and his minions agree that we will begin with a program that targets low income families in failing school means we'll be happy to begin there.
Speaker 1: Amen. And that's the point. You don't know which direction of the General Assembly is going to go, but the language at least allows for the consideration of it. Quote the General Assembly may provide financial support for the education of students outside the system of common school with the operative word, as you are pointing out, is may Will they do it? Don't know? Might they do it in some smaller baby step like you just suggested, Maybe that'll.
Speaker 3: Be fat And by the way, we just released a stab shot of thirteen northern Kentucky school districts on our website. It's dot org and Brian. You can see there is a great difference between say a Beechwood, you know, and and and some of the other districts that are you know, the Beechwood's doing well compared to you know, let's say Newport or you know, are you know some of these other districts at Bellevue, is Dayton and so forth. You know. And so if a parent lives in one of those districts that's not performing as well and they want an option, what options do they have if they can't write a check to a private school, or they can't up and move to a better public school district.
Speaker 8: What options do.
Speaker 3: They have right now? Not many in Kentucky, not many at all.
Speaker 1: Well, and this, if you know, the legislative solution is an effective one. It will create more of these private schools or these alternative schools competition. The public schools will then have to compete with probably better performing at least in terms of educational outcomes, and maybe they'll get their act together and a majority will then become proficient, whereas currently, as you point out, they are not.
Speaker 3: Around the country, that's what we've seen. We've seen where there are choices, the more choices the state has, the better their public education system performs. And in Kentucky we have more than doubled per pupil funding since care in nineteen ninety inflation adjustment. We're spending twenty one thousand dollars per pupil in those northern Kentucky districts and across our state. And yet the majority of our kids aren't being educated. But in states that have increased spending less, the more choices they've given parents, their public systems are outperforming. Kentucky. What is the problem here? Why can't we do this?
Speaker 1: It's just and you know that there is even a debate on this, Jim, because in the final analysis, all I see is the people against the idea of this freedom of choice or the looking or at least for alternatives outside of the public school model. It's the teachers union. They have monopoly currently, they have monopoly on the education materials that our children are consuming, and they have a monopoly ownership of the majority of the students being non proficient. That's a failing grade, my friend, right there. There's got to be a better way, and it's currently not as the status quo.
Speaker 3: It's about the system for them, it's not about it. And by the way, the superintendents haven't been very helpful on this either. Quite frankly, they're the ones that have sued to stop these school choice bills. By the way, we have a case in the Kentucky Supreme Court about charter schools. They probably aren't going to hear that case until after the election, of course, so there is an opportunity that even no matter what happens with this amendment, if the Supreme Court will wake up and the Bluegrass Institute filed in a Meekas brief Chad Meredith, former Solicitor General of our state. They did great work for us on making the case about what did the founders really mean when they talked about common schools? What were they concerned about? And it was not to deny parents' options. It was they didn't want taxes increased more than necessary. Isn't that ironic in the fight we're in it because the other side never saw a tax increase they didn't absolutely adore.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the truth? Jim Watter is doing a fun, a phenomenal job in support of the issues of both one and two. They seem like simple, prudent, proper ways to go. And again, I keep going back to the idea a parent of any political stripe has to want choice fundamentally that you are Did any parent be willing to sacrifice their children's education merely to support support the monopoly that is the public the teachers union. I just don't think that washes logically or reasonably, or that any real loving parent would embrace that right.
Speaker 3: This isn't and this is not about destroying public education. This this is about making it better, forcing it to get better. And it's a beau fan, not an either or. And when we see that, we see all A rising tide lifts all the boat.
Speaker 1: Check out.
Speaker 3: That's what we need to have happened here.
Speaker 1: Yep, Jim, Water is always a pleasure. Keep up the great work. I'll recommend and you can read all about this, folks, BIPs bipps dot org. It's the Bluegrass Institute's website right there on the front page. There's your information BIPs dot org. Thanks again, Jim for spending time by listeners and me real pleasure.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having us today. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you anytime, my friend. Anytime stick around, folks, got more to talk about. Bottom of the hour, we're going to hear about. Well, get out of the vote, Donovan and Neil Americans for prosperity. First of a word for my dear friends at Plumb Type plumbing, Plumbing done right. It is always plumbing done right. Can vouch for it. I've seen them at work in my home. You've done work for a lot of my friends and just listen. I just recommend them to my mom the other day. She is a plumbing project and she says, well, that's going to call somebody that's closer to my side. Then I said, mom, Plum Type Plumbing helping the entire area. They go from North Tucky all the way up to Dayton. Call them up. Would I recommend a bad company to my mom? You know I wouldn't a plus with a better business fear. They're great at customer service and they live by the motto plumbing done right. So they can do my mom's project. Sadly I can't. They can never saw you anything you do not need. They're great about letting you know when they're going to be there. You get a window when you schedule the appointment, and emergency services are always welcome right there. Twenty four hour days, seven day a week for emergencies when your chandelier is raining as mine was. Licensed plumbers doing the work and the price is always right. You can call them five one three seven two seven tight t I t E five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three. Visit them online at plumtight dot com. This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station. Tell lines they's got a sunny day today with the highest sixty two clear of night, thirty seven sunny again tomorrow high at sixty eight clear of a night down to forty and Saturday. Do you see bear cat Saturday. It's going to be a sunny day going all the way up to seventy two. Nice day for a game. Sixty eight degree thirty eight degrees right now, traffic time.
Speaker 4: From the UCUTH Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: Mammograms save Vive's called five one three five to eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with.
Speaker 4: You see House experteen.
Speaker 7: That's five one three five eight four pink north Pound seventy five. Break lights out of Arrow Langer into the cut stupbound seventy five, break lights through Blackman northbound two seventy five. There's a wreck that hands traffic backing up pants Ohio Pike and the Beachmont Ramp four involved. Only the left plane is getting by chucking from on fifty five.
Speaker 4: Care and see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty here fifty five KRCD talk station Happy Thursday, one r from now. I heard media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe, preceded by empower YOUU summitar Mark Burrow Biblical Roadmap to Restore America. That seminar tonight at seven and before I get to Donovan and Neil from Americans for Prosperity, who says get out and vote. Now you have an opportunity to hear Unshain melody, soul and inspiration. You've lost that love and feeling. Caller number five will win two tickets to see. Yes they're still around the Righteous Brothers. They're playing Friday, October twenty fifth at nine pm at Turfway Park, two free tickets. All you need to do is be caller number five, five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk pound five point fifty on AT and T phones again. Calling number five is gonna score two Righteous Brothers tickets for the concert October twenty fifth at Turfway Park. And without further ado, thank you for the pause there, Donald and Neil, Welcome back to the fifty five Casey Morning Show. Find him at AFP action dot com. I think that's the hat you got on considering your message this morning. Welcome back, my friend. Hey Brian, happy to be here. So how's the door knocking go on AFP Action. Everybody's working hard knocking doors, working for Bernie Morino. And I heard of the Republican internal polling, and sometimes the internal polling is far more accurate than some of the national polls that are done, you know, like a real clear pops or whatever. But I hear Bernie Marino's at least a couple of points ahead of Shared Brown at this point.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I mean, I think we're you know, as we get into the final stages, and you look a couple of years back at the Dance Ryan race just two years ago at the same time, depending on the day, polls were flipping and flopping. I think where we're at is it's a it's a close race.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, great.
Speaker 15: Position at the begin against an incumbent. But we can't we can't be resting on our walls. This this election isn't over. And if we're gonna have these polls bear out to reality, we did all the folks we can to get out to vote. And that's a big part of our work right now is make it sure folks are remembering they've got a duty to do over the next nineteen days, and that's get out and cast that vote they've been waiting to.
Speaker 3: Do for so long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and early votings not just for Democrats anymore. I know that phrase is getting a little worn, but it's a good point to make. You know, Democrats held the advantage in early voting for a long long time and Republicans typically waited around till election day. But you know, weather events alone in recent weeks is suggest that you know, you never know what you're going to wake up to tomorrow. So if you've got time today, get down to the Board of Elections, cast your vote, get it done and over with, and well you can move on with your life and don't have to worry about you know, your plans on election day.
Speaker 15: Well that's exactly it, and that's the message we're delivered to folks as were working to get them out. I was just in Stark County yesterday with a handful of canvassers knock its some doors with them, getting a feel for how folks are feeling in Maslin, Ohio, and a number of Republicans I was happy to see have already gotten out and vote and banked it. In fact, the Secretary of State has an interesting dashboard on their website now where you can kind of visualize across the county, across the state what turnout looks like. Good news is Republicans are outpacing Democrats on the early vote now, but look it's still early.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no. We don't let my optimism scare you, Donovan. I'm concerned and worried. I just like to maybe throw a little positive news my listener's way, not with the you know, suggestion they're going to kick back and just say, oh, it's in the bag. And I don't think anybody believes it's in the bag, but it's just a slightly inspirational that it's not bad news. We've got good news to report.
Speaker 15: Well, yeah, that should and that should be a sign right to listeners that if they've been thinking about or they're not sure, if it's the thing they're supposed to do, go do it. Over one hundred and fifty thousand of your Republican colleagues around the state have already cast they're ballot. Many more requested it, and that's what we're trying to do is get them to remember to it's sitting on the kitchen table, fill the dang thing out and put it in the drop box at the end of their driveway that's their mailbox, and get that vote banked. So so you got to have peace of mind knowing you've done your civic duty for the year and two stamps.
Speaker 1: Here in Hamilton County folks too, Forever stamps is what's required to get it mailed in. I read an article this morning where you I had a caller call on last week, a Donovan, and she mailed her ballot in and it was returned by the Postal Service because she only had one stamp on it. Now, according to the reporting this morning, the USPS is going to still deliver that to the Board of Elections even though it's understamped, and the Board of Elections will have to cover the additional postage. Now that's a conflict from what my listener told me she experienced. So I don't know what it is. If you're worried, just drop the dang thing off at the Board of Elections.
Speaker 15: Well you could do that too. And if you're a traditionalist, right, you like getting up in the early morning on election day, making the cup of coffee, walking down to your polling location, you could do the same thing at your local Board of Elections. Have that same ritual, that same experience you know and love, and even get a sticker when you're done. So you don't even have to mail the ballot. You don't even have to mail a ballot back in my point there, Bright, you can go to the Board of Elections and do the thing you do on election day. But if you got the time, you know, later today tomorrow morning, to get that done and get that vote bank, it's really easy.
Speaker 1: It is. And the other thing I will I'll just double down on this process. Even if you're planning to vote on election day, do yourself a huge favor. Print the ballot out early, run through it, make your choices ahead of time so you're not staring at it going which judge did I think was I supposed to vote for? Or you know, the down ballot races can be quite confusing for some folks, and you know, depending upon which area you are, you may have school levies to vote on and other issues that not everybody is talking about. On a broader perspective, know what's on the ballot and know what to expect. Make your choices ahead of time so you can stand there and get through the process really quickly without any confusion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, that's.
Speaker 15: Actually a really important point as well.
Speaker 13: It is.
Speaker 15: I'm not hearing a lot of it, but there are rumblings out there there are a number of folks who only vote in presidential elections. Yes, and there are some folks who say, I don't care, I'm just voting for the president this year.
Speaker 1: Don't do that.
Speaker 15: It's something we're working to break your I don't get either. But yeah, make sure you do that, print that sample ballot, go down through because it's more than just the president, right, You've got to make sure you vote for the senator, congressman, state reps, state senator, school board all the way.
Speaker 1: Down, prosecutor, sheriff. Here in Hamilton County, Melissa Powers and Jim Neial need your votes. Fill it out. Sorry I interjected Hamilton County again there, Donovan. But we got a real, real concern on our hands, considering Hamilton County has drifted sadly blue over the last a decade or so, and we need to keep Hamilton County prosecuting Melissa Powers, and we need to elect sheriff Jim Neil. I just I'm really really concerned about that here. And for folks that aren't planning on going down ballid, this is a great reason why you need to heed Donovan's advice and my advice and get that thing filled out and do all of the races, not just the president.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Well, and then if your listeners are like, well, hey, if I go vote now, how am I What do I have to look forward to between now an election day?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 15: You're Brian, get in the fight with us, Help us go out and shape got out these votes, knock the doors. Join us at a Day of Action. There's plenty to do for the.
Speaker 3: Next nineteen days.
Speaker 15: Get that vote banked and then join AFP Action. Let's get get other folks out to vote. Between now and November fifth.
Speaker 1: You got an hour, you got two hours, you got a whole week worth. You're retired, you're not doing anything but watching Netflix, afpaction dot com. You can make a huge difference. Donovan, you got an ador number count for me this week because every week it keeps getting bigger and bigger. And I know you were hoping to knock on a million doors before November.
Speaker 15: We're climbing over seven hundred and twenty five thousand. Now I think we'll shoot past seven hundred and fifty, maybe push seven seventy five by this weekend. After a Day of Action on Saturday. But it's going to take more folks getting out, just getting out and helping join us to get that to hit that million from a RNO goal we've set.
Speaker 1: An AFP action will give you the resources you need to effectively communicate the message. They will give you the doors to knock on. And it's an easy thing to do. And I know it sounds intimidating. We've talked about this many times, Donovan, but trying to convince those listeners who might be a little reluctant to knock on a stranger's door that it really is not a challenge.
Speaker 15: It's not I was out there last night with Renee. She's a new volunteer, and she was a little reluctant, a little hesitant, but you know, we show her the rope, you know, go up and have a few of those different conversations. People are always telling me how surprised they are, how positive those interactions are. And I think it's because people think politics is what they see on TV. It's divisive and it's all about fighting and yelling and arguing. When we're out canvassing, it's nothing like that. It's talking to folks and I find more and more that folks appreciate us being at their door having that civil conversation, smiling and talking about the candidates, talking about the issues, hearing the push and pull struggle that they, as a voter are kind of going through as they they weep through the TV ads and radio ads and mail they're getting, and being able to have a conversation with a real human being like myself for one of our activists, and talk about the issues and the candidates and what needs to change in this country. I think it's how we begin to bridge the gap that we experience in this country right now on civil dialogue and just make a small impact in the selection. Joining us is super easy. I guarantee you're going to have a good time. And if we knock about ten to fifteen doors down an afternoon, we'll even go out and get some Greater's ice cream with you.
Speaker 1: Make some friends, enjoy some fellowship, meet your neighbors, engage in political discourse and that is pleasant. That's all what it's all about. Easy to help out. AFP Action dot Com is a place right there on the front page. Put your information there, click the I'm in button and they will take the ball and run with it. Donovan and Neil from afpaction dot com, thank you for all the work that you're doing here in the state of Ohio to help get Bernie Marino elected. We can get rid of shared Brown and again maybe have an impact on some of those down ballot races. Keep up the great work, brother. We'll talk to again real soon. Talk soon seven here at fifty five KRC, the talk station. Talk you will when you call Susett Loe's camp and you will enjoy the conversation. She's with Cross Country Mortgage and she is all about helping you with any mortgage issue you or come across. You want to buy a house, do what my daughter did, take my recommendation and calls Loosette. She get through the process quickly, painlessly, with the best customer service in the business and the most knowledgeable person in the business thirty five more than thirty five years experience in the mortgage business. She knows what she's talking about. Such a pleasant person to deal with and never a junk fee or application fee, and considering I got listeners all over the place. I love when people call in from other states. But you're out there in a different state, You're like I can't call her, Yes she can. She's with Cross Country Mortgage so all fifty states in the Union plus Puerto Rico. She can help you with mortgages, great rates at a low cost to get with no junk fees or application fees. Five to one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Call her any time of day and she'll just make a point of getting back with you as soon as possible. She's great about getting back with folks, So just leave the message and let her get back with you quickly and she will five one three three one three fifty one seventy six, or just shoot an email. Same processes that dot Low's Camps built. L s e KA mp SO is a dot Lows camp at CCM dot com fifty five KRC Steve Perrins Coordinated Financial tyover the Channel nine First Warning weather forecast sunny day to day with a highest sixty two, clear skies over night thirty seven. Another sunny day tomorrow the highest sixty eight, more clear skies overnight forty for the low and comes Saturday. You see bearcat play football. Also be a beautiful day with sunny skis in the highest seventy two thirty six degrees.
Speaker 7: Right now, let's get a traffic update. Chuck from the UCLP Traffics Center. Mammogram save vives called five one three five eight four pink. Dischedule your annual mammogram with U see heals x proteen. That's five one three five eight four pink. New accidents on the eastbound seventy four just before you get the coal range backs traffic above Montana northbound seventy five. Left lanes block before Galbirth with a wreck. That's adding two delays. Out of sin Fernard northbound two seventy five. There's an act and then that blocks everything but the left lane. At o'hallo Pike Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty fifty five KRCD talk station Shay. Interesting conversation coming up off top of the ron is Mark Burrow. He's going to be doing an empowered seminar tonight starts at seventem You can log in from home if you like. It's empower youeamerica dot org Biblical Roadmap to Restore America, so Mark will dive into some of the details on that after the top of the er news. Apparently he's going to be in studio, and then of course we hear from Jay RATTLFF at eight thirty. I heard Media Aviation Expert got some fun topics to talk about, among which includes apparently there was a cockpit disagreement that left that led to the captain locking out the first officer. So save it for the ground guys. But in any event, Jay joins the program every Thursday at eight thirty. A couple of things. You know, I didn't get to this, but I know people are skeptical and and oftentimes don't believe polling data. And I understand that. I mean, Hillary Clinton was ahead by what six points in twenty sixteen guests who won? And when you repolls, it suggests Trump's ahead or behind, And you know, it's like, I don't believe poles anymore. And I understand that. Do you believe the betting odds?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Because there's quite a few outfits online and Polymarket happens to be one of them. I'd never heard of this, but there are multiple different sites that are odds makers in terms of gambling on the outcome of the presidential election. And I think of Vegas odds, they're pretty damn good about odds making. I mean, they didn't build that town on losing, if you know what I mean. And I know some games have less, you know, less opportunity to win than others. The odds are much greater against you, like for example, roulette versus blackjack. But when it comes to you know, horse races and other things like that, you know they do odds. So we got this poly market, which is described as a prominent crypto based betting platform. It's pretty wild. This poly market shows Trump at fifty nine point nine percent chance of winning versus Harris forty point one. That's like a twenty point difference. And someone who took note of this, Denesh Jsuza, you know it talking about for folks out there that think the election is already in the bag for Harris, it's rigged. But if this this polymarket, for example, it's not the only one. I've got some more stats here if it's accurate, you know, Denesh observes. He says, poly market shows Trump pulling away from Harris. Exclamation point is Trump's margin of victory getting too big to rig. And therein lies the importance of those out there who say they're not going to vote because they believe the whole thing's fixed. It's the vast majority of American people, a large majority anyway, actually vote for Trump and Harris ends up being the declared winner. You're gonna have a little problem on your hands. And there's only so much cheating that can go on without it being so openly observed. And we saw how close the race was in twenty twenty nationally even and some of the state races were very close, with Trump's victory being just only slightly more than Biden's, or Biden winning by only you know, ten or twelve or fifteen thousand votes. You can beat that back by showing up. And I been thinking as I utter these words about the statistics on gun owners. National Rifle Association did some number crunching and found out there's thirty million gun owners out there that aren't even registered to vote. And if you have a belief in the Second Amendment such that you're a hunter and or you enjoy the shooting sports like I do, you want to preserve your Second Amendment right. You don't want to have somebody from government come and take that away from you, in spite of the fact that's enshrined in the Constitution as one of your natural rights. Then you go out and vote. You know, if it's not rig your vote's going to count. And if it's rigged, your vote is still going to count. But let's see if we can't make this an too big to rig now political Last week, apparently reported the financial exchange startup KAlSi and brokerage giant Interactive Brokers launched a trading Friday on the first regulated markets allowing wagers on the presidential contest. In this race, bets on Cowshi gave Trump a fifty five percent chance of winning, versus forty five for Harris. New York Times reported on that one just earlier this week. Predict It predict it dot Org yesterday morning showed Trump fifty four cents to win one dollar on election, Harris fifty cents, so four points there advantage. L Passo Times reported Tuesday, Trump has taken unofficial lead and over Harris in the most recent betting odds. Bet Online shows Trump ahead see minus one forty to Harris's plus one twenty, so satistic statistical a canyon between those two. British bet three sixty five. Another betting site says fifty eight percent chance of Trump being elected to forty seven point six for Harris. This as of October eighth. Forbes last Friday reported election betting odds tracker I Guess is a consolidated betting numbers from five different major markets, showed bookmakers giving Trump a fifty three point two percent chance of winning compared to Harris at forty five point eight. So you know, if the gambling odds are in favor by these pretty large margins, maybe they've got it, perhaps more accurate than the pollsters. Don't know, but real money's on the line with that one, right. Seven fifty five fifty five car se De Talk station. Let's see what the I guess the Bible says about restoring America. We're gonna hear from Mark Burrow top of the r News, followed by Jay Ratliffe. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 15: It's the biggest news and trending news events come around the world at the.
Speaker 1: Top end and bottom of the ally. This is fifty five KRC the toalkstations. This report is sponsored by Blindster. I'm not going to hide behind the mat talk about it.
Speaker 8: It's all programmed to create chaos.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krz Ato six if if you have a KRCD talk station you heard the voice of my guest in studio Empower You sevenar to night seven pm. You can either log on Empoweroamerica dot org or show up in person. Two twenty five Northland Boulevard formerly Framed, USA, where the Empower You America's seminar or rather studio still exists. Thank you as always the Dan reganelld for the original concept for these wonderful learning opportunities and educational opportunities and dedication of the space to have these in studio. Mark Burrell, he is an author, talked to him before his This book, Rediscovering the American Covenant Roadmap to Restore America, which was published a couple of years ago, argues that American Declaration of Independence functions as our national founding covenant, following a Biblical template for establishing community or nation. It's aimed at pastors and church leaders, although you can feel free to enjoy it yourself. Today and tonight we'll be diving in a little bit to his new book, The Duty Is Ours. It's a concise overview of what God desires for nations, at least as he perceives it. Including how to establish a governation in a way that honors God. Discusses biblical responses for Christians out there who when governed justly or unjustly, offering a framework for guiding a wayward nation back to God. He has a podcast, check it out Liberty Talk Podcast, where he analyzes cur events through the biblical lens. Also, cool enjoys restoring antique cars. I think that's an awesome hobby. Welcome and thanks for coming to the studio. Mark Barrell, it's great to see you again.
Speaker 16: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Brian, How did you get involved with this? I know you have an engineering backward were a background, you worked at Procter and Gamble and a whole bunch of different roles in manufacturing, engineering, et cetera. But how did you get involved in your biblical analysis, not only in rediscovering the American Covenant? But the Duty is Ours? The book we have I have in my hand here and thanks for the copy. Yeah.
Speaker 16: So it started about thirty years ago. I really had a lot of questions about my faith, and having an engineering and a science background, I felt like there ought to be some reasonable answers to a lot of the questions that I had, and so I started trying to, you know, find people get answered those questions. And I was fortunate enough to find a mentor who was strong in theology, and when I started sharing some of the questions I had, he said, well, you just need systematic theology. I'll take you through it. And so systematic theology is essentially applying the scientific method to the Bible. So if you have a question on what does God say about prayer?
Speaker 1: Or who is God? What is he like? What are his nature and attributes?
Speaker 16: Basically the approaches just go through the Bible, pull out all the verses that seem to talk about that, arrange them, and figure out what the interpretation is that seems to answer that question. And if you do that faithfully, you'll find that the Bible does provide a pretty coherent answer to most of the questions of life. So that's how I got started in really understanding the Bible.
Speaker 1: Okay, now walk me through how this works. Because my approach to the Morning Show is now and has always been I have never said out loud what religion I am. Everything I utter my principles are based purely on logic and reason and are supported regardless of what religion you follow Islam, Judaism, Christianity. You know there's a bottom line principle. Government's going to work or it's not. Two and two is always four. It doesn't matter what you believe in. And I can make my arguments to any person of any faith. Now from that approach, does your scientific approach to looking at the Bible apply logically and reasonably to people who may not carry a faith or maybe of a different faith than Christianity. You understand where I'm coming from on that.
Speaker 16: Yeah, So I think the question is if you look at all the facts, I mean, you can look at how does what does the Bible say about all these things? And then you can look at life and say what can I observe about all these things? And if you look at the two, my experience has been that you can see a match. But everyone's going on their own personal faith journey. And that's really the key behind the phrase pursuit of happiness and a declaration of independence. That frames actually meant that they wanted to respect everyone's liberty to go through their own personal faith journey up to and including choosing not to follow God.
Speaker 1: That's why we don't have a theocracy. They live through the Church of England. They saw what happened when you have a religion that is well government supported or mandated. Taxes are paid to support the English Church. You may be getting a message by the way right, you may be getting a message you don't believe in, but you're stuck with it because your government is led to a specific religion. Our framers knew that. Yep, they did.
Speaker 16: In fact, one of the things Jefferson is accused of is being anti church. But one of the things he was pushing when they were disestablishing the church, for instance in Virginia in the seventeen seventies, is he was arguing that the state should not be paying for the churches. The churches should be on their own right, which is the model we adopted in America, which.
Speaker 1: Is the right model. It's the capitalist method for you got to do. You have to proselytize. You have to convince people why they should be following your specific faith. You have to weigh, you know, other faiths against the one that you're pushing and show why your faith is the right way to go. It's better for you as a human being. It'll help you grow and thrive and survive and as we go to prayer. You know, I'm a prayerful man, and the reason is it because it helps me be introspective. I don't believe that I'm praying to a God that is going to help me win the lottery. I believe I am speaking to someone who is all seeing, all knowing being, so I can't lie. If I got a problem in my life, I have to understand that that problem may be my responsibility. And the point of prayer for me is to walk through that I'm having this problem. God, you know, can you help me find a solution? Okay, let's walk through why I am where I am with any given problem. Maybe it is my fault, maybe it's the fault of something completely out of my hands. But I don't I'm thinking. I'm never ever saying God, can you please help me win the lottery? Or God, can you help the Bengals win this weekend. I believe God that has a hands off approach about that, Otherwise we would have plague, pestilence, war, famine, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Yeah, absolutely, I mean, the whole intent of prayer is to communicate with God and listen and try and be introspective about the things that are going on in your life and what can you do about those?
Speaker 1: So yeah, absolutely, and you get that's very helpful to someone as long as they're willing to put down that idea that you know, God is the hands out of holiday treats. That's the importance of prayer for me. Now walking through your scientific approach, is there any can you give an illustration of how that works on any given area of government for me this morning from my life.
Speaker 16: So I'm going to talk about that tonight. I know in depth the inlet on how quick overview would be. So, for instance, does God care about the nations? If you look around the world today, I mean, the nations are in a mess. It would be easy for someone to conclude that God doesn't care about the nations. We're sort of on our own. Yet if you look starting Genesis, actually Genesis one twenty eight, he says, I want the nations to be fruitful, increase in number, and fill the earth. It's very simple. And then after the flood he says the same thing, I want the nations to be fruitful, increase of number and phill the earth. And then he adds one thing because remember the question after the flood is what's going to be different going forward? We just wiped out mankind because of the rampant violence and the rampant evil. So what's going to be different? And in Genesis nine, verses five and six, he says, I demand an accounting for the shedding of innocent blood, and he says it three times. And that is where the institution of civil government actually comes from in the Bible.
Speaker 4: So you can.
Speaker 16: Start to piece together. Okay, God desires nations to be fruitful, he wants nations to govern justly. Then the next question is, well, how do you start a nation? And how do you govern justly? And so that's what I'll be talking about tonight.
Speaker 1: I always had this vision along those lines when you think about Moses going up on the mount and bringing down a ten commandments. He went up there, it happened, by the way, Yeah, he was, he was. He was being very contemplative. If he's speaking with God, maybe maybe God delivered them physically to him, or maybe he was rebeing reflective about the state of the world and analyzing where all the problems come from, looking down at the masses and fighting and sleeping with each other and coveting, and and great, where are the where? What are the core reasons for our dysfunction and our inability to get along with each other? And by analyzing those you come up with I think that ten commandments are a wonderful, non necessary and doesn't even have to be religious based. Even believing in a god is important because it's humbling to man. There is something beyond you which keeps you down a little bit in terms of your cockiness. But all the other ones simply don't kill anybody, covet if you could wipe out any sin, and I don't want to, you know, label them in terms of priority. But if people were just no longer envious, covetous, and greedy, they wouldn't look at someone every day and go, you've got more than me. I deserve more you? Why how come you got? You know what? When somebody has more than me, I'm I'm happy for them, bully for you. Right, you did something the right way which allowed you to be successful. So heyway we'll possible bring we'll bring him back. Mark Burrell gonna be doing the seminar to night again and putt do an RSVP at empower Youmerica dot org say they know you're going to show up, either in person or when you log on empower you America dot org will pause, take a quick break, and allow me to mention affordable imaging services, because imaging can be affordable. Last image, I got my CT scan. You know, I didn't go to the hospital to get it. I went to affordable imaging services. You know what. My doctor said, Fine, you can go where you want. I know I can go where I want. You know why I went there. CT scans can set you back five grand in a hospital, and I sure as hell didn't want to pay for that kind of nonsense. After the processing with insurance, I still would have been left with you probably one thousand plus dollars out of my pocket. Affordable imaging services there for MRI, CT scans, echo cardigrams, ultrasounds, all of them come on the board certified radiologists report. My doctor got. The report looked great. I mean in terms of being able to compare it to my prior CT scan. It was a fine report, totally acceptable, dotted all the eyes and crossed all the t so I can vouch for that as well. No hidden costs. They use the same high quality equipment as most hospitals. The differences the very very low price, where that CT scan will cost you four hundred and fifty dollars. Yeah, a little more with the contrast, but ultrasound average costs two grand. At Affordable Imaging Services, it's two hundred and fifty bucks. Get the idea, you have a choice. Exercise it like I did. Very very low overhead. Yeah, very low overhead. But it's again professionals with the same equipment five one three seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven five three eight thousand online Affordable Medimaging dot Com. Fifty five krc just high hire for the weather, uh, sunny day for those parts, sixty two for the high clear ofvery night down to thirty seven. Got a sunny day tomorrow with the highest sixty eight clear overy night down to forty and a sunny Saturday for the Bengals came or Bearcats game. Rather, it's gonna be a highest seventy two right now thirty six traffic time.
Speaker 7: Chuck Ingram probably use of how Tramphing Center Mammogram saved vibes called five one three five eighty four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with UC Health Expert team.
Speaker 4: That's five one, three, five to eighty four.
Speaker 7: Pink cruise continue to work with an accident involving four northbound two seventy five at Ohio Pike. Only the left lane gets by. Traffic is backing up towards five mile for an extra thirty minutes. South Pound seventy five slows through walk on northbound. That's a wreck near Cowbirth backing traffic through Saint Bernard King bram On fifty five KRC, the talk station, Hey.
Speaker 1: Twenty here fifty five KRC the Talk station and Von Thomas with Mark brow Pow. Are you seminar tonight? You should check it out online. You can watch comfortably from your own home and the power you America dot org just RSVP and stream the video connection or show up at two twenty five north On Boulevard. Should be a fascinating conversation on the biblical connections biblical principles to shape and how they shape the declaration of independence, but how they are a guide for well maybe writing the ship that is the current disaster we find ourselves in right now, my words, not yours, Mark, before we dive back into it, and you have an anecdote or two you want to pass along. But you also teamed up with Building Blocks for Liberty, Jim Lewis's group, and they're doing the sixteen nineteen project film.
Speaker 16: They're doing that this Saturday, ten o'clock at the Freedom Church, So show up a little early so you can sign up, but we'd love to see you there.
Speaker 1: Ten am, ten am, ten am the Freedom Church. Wonderful. Now moving over, what is the rule of the church insofar as the election is concerned or government generally speaking. I'm on record I've said a gazillion times. If you're in the congregation and the guy or gout in the front of the room is telling you to vote for some huge social welfare program through government, then they are abdicating the responsibility as let's say a Christian, because it's the Christian individual's obligation to help out once fellow man, not the state. Right, those are two separate obligations. State got its own, people have their own. But off roading that is really removing one of the points of the church, isn't it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, the church is to be the conscience of society and Christians are to be adopting a Judeo Christian or moral and ethical framework. Let me say it that perfect and the moral and ethical framework should guide not only your personal actions, but also how you live your life with your family, but also how you live in community. And so when you're governing authorities are governing unjustly or they're proposing policies and laws that do not match with moral and ethical behavior, this is when Christians need to speak up.
Speaker 1: Going back to my point on being covetous, and that's class warfare, brother right there, that's Marxism.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and you're spot on with the covetous thing. If there is one that is like a dark horse on the list, it's that one, it is. And progressive use that in order to get people to get upset and you know, storm the gates and get some of these laws passed that are really unethical. They shouldn't be passed. But the point of the church is that we're supposed to be the conscience of society, and the way Christians do that is by at a minimum, is by voting. And they should be voting their conscience, and their conscience should be informed by biblical principles. And this is really the target audience that I have for my ministry and the books that I've been writing, because when I started this journey about twenty years ago, thirty years ago, I had lots of questions. I didn't understand how the revolution could have been biblically justifiable if Jesus said you should pay her taxes and supposedly it was all about taxation without representation. For me, that was a conflict. So I understand that there's lots of questions about the founding and whether or not it violated Romans thirteen, or it's in conflict with evangelism. All those topics I had to work through and I put them in. The first book has all of it. It's very detailed. The second book is a quicker read for the general congregation, and that's really my target audience, Brian. I'm trying to get the church to realize that they have a citizenship duty and we need to step up and we need to get involved in politics.
Speaker 1: At a minimum by voting. So your first book was for all the pastors, ministers, rabbis. I'm mom, whatever read this and advance these principles to your congregation. This book is when you're in church where they're not doing that. For the congregation to stand up and say, hey, pastor Rabbi, I'm aut whatever, this is what we need to do, and you are misdirecting the conversation by pushing this, say covetous proposal, or however you want to characterize it.
Speaker 16: The other way, I would say it is that book when you're holding up the duty is ours is a cliff note biblical defense for the fact that Christians should be engaged and in fact, in America's case, our declaration of independence is actually our national founding Covenant. And the punchline at the end of the seminar tonight is to the biblical road roadmap to restore America is that we need to revisit our national founding Covenant and recommit like our founders did.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what it's going to be a fascinating conversation. Mark. I've really enjoyed our conversation this morning, Mark Burrell, tonight seven pm and Powerioamerica dot org. Make sure you RSVP shown up in person or streaming it live. Tell your friends about that one too. I think everyone will get some great enlightenment at it and enlightenment out of it. And you can also get his books while you are there at two twenty five Northland Boulevard. He's going to have his books right there or Amazon dot com. You know what, Mark, I'll have Joe add your links to Amazon dot com on my blog page fifty five KRCY dot com. Folks, stick around. I heard me. The aviation expert Jay Ratleft's going to join the program right after the break. I'll be right back when we win this election. Here's what we're going to do about it. As months turn two weeks. Day one was fourteen hundred days ago. What have you been doing? The countdown is on. I fully intend to win this election.
Speaker 16: She's an extreme radical left lunatic, and our.
Speaker 1: Future is fast approaching.
Speaker 6: It is a fight for our future and a vision of our future.
Speaker 1: The twenty twenty four election happens here your vision Socialist on fifty five KRC. This report day is sponsored by blindster dot com.
Speaker 17: Hi, I'm Kyle at blindster dot com. Blindster is a family run business that began in twenty ten and we've sold millions of custom blinds, shades and shutters and received over one hundred thousand and five star reviews. Don't hire an expensive pro, do it yourself. And save big at blindster dot com.
Speaker 1: Time for the weather channel. Iine says, we get sunny skies today with the highest sixty two clear of night down to thirty seven of sunny day Tomorrow the high sixty eight clear overnight dropping to forty and a great day for the UC Bearcats game with sunny skies in the highest seventy two thirty six degrees. Time for traffic.
Speaker 7: Chuck from the Ucy House Triumphy Center. Mammograms Saved Vibes called five one three five eight four. Pink discedsule your annual mammogram with u see House per team. That's five one three five eight four. Paint Pruce. Continue to work with the wreck northbound two seventy five. This is just after you get past Ohio Pike and the Beachmont Ramp.
Speaker 4: Only one lane gets by on the left.
Speaker 7: West Elkton is shut down outside of Middletown between Somerville, jackson Berg and Mill due to an earlier wreck. Chuck Ingramont fifty five kr SE the talk station.
Speaker 1: Thirty fifty five kr CD talk station. I love Thursdays, you know what, because every Thursday at this time get to talk with iHeart Media aviation. Next wert Jay Ratlift Jay, Welcome back to the program, my friend. Always enjoy our conversations. How you doing today.
Speaker 6: Then, well, pleasure, good morning to you.
Speaker 1: Glad to hear it. Everything okay down in the Southern Command. I know you're not there right now. I just want to make sure your situation's okay down south.
Speaker 6: The pictures that we received from the people that were working on the house seem to indicate everything's back to normal, which is good, and Lord willing, a week from tomorrow we'll head down to some warmer I got to get my Harley to a warmer climate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. It is almost the end.
Speaker 6: Of the cool is the Porsche used to have But still I like my convertible party.
Speaker 1: If you will, cars can be replaced, you.
Speaker 6: Know that is that was a cool cool car.
Speaker 1: Well I got a newer one, so it's I'm in a better place. Thanks the guy that tried to kill me. You know, make lemonade out a LeMond? Lord? Yes, anyhow, real quick here I saw that the This is hilarious. The Boeing striking. Boeing workers were in Seattle on Tuesday and UH Senate candidate Maria or Senator Maria Cantwell, Democrat out of Washington, got booed after dissing trump housing shortage. She blamed the housing shortage on Donald Trump, and everybody erupted in booze, and they were some of the union members were interviewed and they said, we weren't booing Donald Trump, we were booing her for trying to shift the blame.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, it's it's typical politicians. They they instead of trying to exitu what you're positives, talking about what you can do, what you can what you can do, it has to be well, I'm not Donald Trump, and these individuals seem to forget that Donald Trump was president for four years, so he has a track record. We know what he did or didn't do, and we know what's happened or not happened in the last three and a half four years. So the only thing they can really do, because they can't brag about what's happened, far from an accomplishment standpoint, is to at every possible venue bring this stuff up. And I'm glad there was some pushback, and I wish it would happen all the time because it's just they just don't understand that I'm sorry, we're not buying your crap. We're not listening to what you say and without checking that it's absolutely right? Now, does Donald Trump, you know, exaggerate some things? Absolutely does, and I'm glad when he's called the task on that as well. But you know, the bottom line is that these days everything's videoed, so when that kind of moment happens, it's it's there for us all to enjoy.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the truth? And you think by now more politicians would make wake up to the fact that they are going to be fact checked and there is. There are recordings of literally everything they've said over the past ten plus years, so you better be consistent, not lie. So anyhow, it's an interesting time we live in and not that that's a great advice.
Speaker 6: President, Brian. You can change your position on absolutely every single thing that you've said and expect people to believe you really mean it this time. And I'm sorry, that's I'm not that.
Speaker 1: Gullible, neither of I.
Speaker 4: Eddie, I love the police.
Speaker 1: That's that's right saying, No, I love it sure as she does. Okay, let's talk about another strike front of your airlines, pilots voting to strike if necessary. That sounds like there's a caveat there. What's the story on this one.
Speaker 6: It's ninety nine percent to strike vote is what they did. But you know brand a lot of times when you have this type of situation where you're trying to hammer out a contract, eventually the flight attendants, the mechanics, the pilots, whoever might happen to be are going to take a strike vote and the purpose is to show a we're unified and beat us into public message, hoping that that kind of helped pushes the ball down the field a little bit more. And I've had people reaching out to me saying, Jay, I love Frontier and I do as well. Should I be worried? I'm like, no, because I'm not. Because there's still plenty of time for things to get worked out, hammered out in the deal that can be reached. I know that a lot of times, if it's a Southwest employee group that has had this kind of situation happen before, you know, people freak out. American Airlines had the same sort of thing. You've seen different airline employees go this route, and each and every time the strike did not take place and I'm not saying that's a guarantee it won't happen, but I am saying that on a worry scale of one to ten, I might be at about a three because I'm very sure that this is going to get worked out. It would not prevent me from booking a future Frontier Airline's flight, you know, at all. Now, obviously get the trip cancelation insurances you would normally.
Speaker 1: Get to protect yourself, but you know, for.
Speaker 6: Me, that type of thing is not going to cause me to change my travel plans at all.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know, I'm just observing, and you look at the auto workers and the other people going on, right, it seems to me that labor has an upper hand. I don't want to say for a change, but I don't recall this many strikes going on and during my lifetime. Maybe I'm just haven't been observing when and where they have gone on.
Speaker 6: If there's somebody that observes most of what's going on around them, it's you, my friend. So and that would be an accurate term because I think of late that that's kind of been been the case. And you know, I'm an old, you know, management kind of guy. So union and I used to beat heads all the time. But you know, with me trading stocks and seeing that some of these companies that were very well ran for decades gets a new team of management, they end up driving it into the ground, they end up going bankrupt, and then all of a sudden, the employees are being forced to accept a reduced benefit package because of the idiots that did that. Right, I mean, to me, that's criminal, and that's what I become a union guy from the standpoint of Look, men and women work their whole lives for it professionally, and now you're telling them, sorry.
Speaker 1: That sucks to be you. Yeah, No, that's that's exactly it.
Speaker 6: And that to me is why you know, I'd love to see more give and take as far as the employee groups and things of this nature. Yes, sharing in the good times, but also bearing the brunt when times are bad, which is kind of making me thinking how far are these Boeing employees going.
Speaker 3: To push it?
Speaker 1: Good point, we'll continue. iHeart mediation aviation expert Jay rat If it's eight thirty six right now, stay right here in fifty five kr C DE talk station fifty five KRC dot com talk station Bright That was a Jay rat Left, iHeartMedia aviation expert. Moving over to another near miss. We've talked about near misses of late and well you point out it's not statistically significant, it still scares a living hell out. I mean, it's the two planes that crashed into each other. Jay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, the headlines are saying near miss, but but the appropriate term to use is runway incursion and and that's what a lot of these are. And this is what happened in say Diego. You have a Southwest flight that's on the ground that's given permission to taxi across an active runway, and at the same time, you've got a Southwest departing flight at the end of the same runway by another air traffic controller that's given permission to take off, start rolling and go. So it wasn't long before the Southwest flight that was rolling down the runway was told to cancel their takeoff and they did now long before they got to the end of the runway where the other Southwest jet was coming across. So there was a great deal of distance between the two. So when you say runway incursions, nobody's going to click on that article. But if you put near miss you've got everybody looking at it. But the Federal Aviation Administration announced this week that they're going to open a what's called a runway incursion audit. They're going to be looking at the incursion risk at the forty five busiest airports because obviously we have a problem, and of course the government when they see a problem, the best way to determine what it is is they're going to have an audit. They're going to study it for a while and then hopeful after that they'll come up with some possible ideas that can eventually be implemented. And it's going to be the typical slow process. But you know, the head of the FA saying, actually, the number of these incursions are down, which they are, but it doesn't mean that, you know, with social media being what it is, before the aircraft has stopped rolling, it's already become a viral story, and obviously it's gonna, you know, go to the top. When we were talking about airplanes, and we've had some out of Syracuse and others that's been captured on video of two aircraft that were very close to each other, and certainly that makes the matter even scarier for this and Sadly, Brian comes down most of the time to employee error as far as human error. So that's one of the things that you have to look at is are we understaffed at these airports? Are they getting the adequate rest and training and all the things that we need to have And we'll have to wait and see. Now, I will say, and you know, the FAA number of years ago lowered the standards of their air traffic controllers, where in essence to rece diversity, bring everybody in that they could equity. And that's good to a point. But the problem is if it lowers the competency level of the work being done, then that becomes an issue. So we'll have to wait and see. And if that is a consideration, let's hope that they've got the courage to be transparent enough to say, you know, maybe that wasn't the right thing to do. Well, don't hold your breath on that.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 1: No, in air traffic controls like the peace of God. I do get the concept, but I don't know about the current you know, how the software works or how tracking works. But it just seems to me, I mean, it's twenty twenty four. Everything is so automated. We've got so many different detectors and sensors and everything that this could even happen, or that you have to rely on exclusively a human element to make sure these things don't happen, these collisions. I don't know. It just seems like are they behind the times? Perhaps is there a better way?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the FAA seems to get whatever money falls off the table to crumbs. And when I look at it, recognizing as you and I've talked so many times over the year, that the aviation industry is an important part of that economic engine that powers our country. The last thing you want to do is give it scraps, right. You want to make sure it should get the investment dollars it needs. But sadly, many times when it becomes a government project, they're they're late, they're over budget, and all the other stuff that goes along with it, which really defeats the purpose.
Speaker 8: And that's sad too.
Speaker 6: A ton of money is going into commercial aviation. It's there, but sometimes when you look at all the areas it's being spent, you know, yes, we want airports to be upgraded, we want them to be modernized, but some of these the equipment side of things from a technology standpoint, especially on runway incursions, to me, should be a priority.
Speaker 1: Well, going back to the unions, I am thinking about the dock workers that's struck most recently, and they demanded that they use no modern automated automation technology. And because so they can maintain their union member numbers. You know, we can't have modern technology to make things more efficient, right, Oh, we lose members. And maybe there's a component of that going in there.
Speaker 6: It could be you just never know. And the airline industry itself has always been one that the more technology they can bring in, the fewer people that they can employ and have like that, and the FAA is doing the exact same thing. If it's a matter of making things safer with increasing the automation side of things, then we owe it to the people that travel every day, the two million plus of us that do to make sure things are as safe as we can make them. Human air is going to happen, and all we can do is hope to reduce the likelihood, not obviously eliminated, because even technology can fail us from time to time. So you've got that fine balance. But we are, thank god, enjoying the safest air ever of commercial jet travel that we've ever seen ever in the history of this company a country. You've got to go back to February of two thousand and nine to the last major situation that we had with the Colgan Air crash in Buffalo that was also Pilot Air, and a lot of changes happened after the result of that crash that killed.
Speaker 1: Fifty people all.
Speaker 6: So it's not an accident between now and then, we've had this kind of safety because it takes a lot of hard work by a lot of dedicated people to make it happen. But sadly, you can also get into that state where you start to get a little laxed, it's a little complacent, and that's when mistakes can happen. And that's what we're really trying hard here to avoid because sometimes that complacency can lead to some dangerous decisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no question about it, don't mind. I want to hold you over. Will either go really really extra long and I get the hairy eyeball from Joe that way, I don't want to give short drift to the next story, which will be a funny one plus our hub delay report one more with Jay Ratliffe. After these brief words, stick around fifty five KRC the talk station one more time for the tene nine weather. We got a sunny day to day sixty two for the high overnight do owt of thirty seven clear skies, Sonny in sixty eight Tomorrow overnight little forty with clear skies. And for the Bearcats game, it's going to be a beautiful day Sonny in seventy two thirty degrees. Right now, time for final traffick Chuck.
Speaker 7: From the U see how Tramphing Center mammogram saved vibes called five one three five eight four pink. Dischedule your annual mammogram with you see Halsax Pro team. That's five one three five eight four pink. Northbound seventy five continued slow Buttermilk into downtown, then again between Mitchell and Town Street. West Elton remains blocked outside of Middletown between Somerville, Jackson Burn and Milk do to a wreck. There's an accident on the Swordsville Westchester below Tylersville.
Speaker 4: Chuck ingramon fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Eight fifty Friday Eve Tomorrow Tech Friday with Dave at or every Friday at six thirty and wrapping up a show with one more segment here with iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Ratliffe, and we enter the realm of this strange and weird and guys, can't you put it down and leave it alone until the flight's over? Jay?
Speaker 6: Well, can I talk about the pilot that got locked out?
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about, to make sure that's the direction we were head of, brother, we had locked the first officer outside of the cockpit. What the hell happened?
Speaker 6: They had a disagreement of some kind. This is a Sri Lankan Airline flight, ten hour flight and something happened as far as a disagreement between the captain and first officer, and the first officer were left to go to the lavatory. And the protocol has it now internationally It used to be just here in the United States. It's now internationally that a member of the flight attendants, the normally the lead flight intendant, will come in and stay in the cockpit, so the door is shut and secured, and you always have two members on the flight deck at all times. When the pilot comes back, then the flight attendant leaves and the other pilots in there, so you always have a minimum of two people there on the flight.
Speaker 1: Deck, which makes sense today if you don't mind me interjecting. Because the copilot, let's say, leaves, goes to the lavatory, and then the pilot has a heart attack or or a medical incident, somebody's got to be in there with them to open the door for somebody else to come in and rescue them.
Speaker 8: This is true, but we've.
Speaker 6: Also had sad situations where it's been locked and the pilot has flown the airplane and into a mountain.
Speaker 1: And that's right.
Speaker 6: It was the German Wings flight and that was one of the things that brought about the change where people said maybe we should do things like they do in the United States.
Speaker 1: Hello, thank you about time for that.
Speaker 6: But here what happened was the first officer leaves and as the door kind of pulls back, the captain pulls up and shuts it and locks it. Well, now the captain's in the in the cockpit by himself, flying the airplane, and the flight attendant can't get in to where she's supposed to be. Now you can imagine the concern a on the crew members and especially on the people up front of the airplane that are noticing somebody just got locked out and they're not opening the door. Now you talk about something that could set off panic on that airplane as people wonder what in the world's about to happen next. Well, finally, after a period of time, the flight attendant's using the intercom system into the cockpit, we're finally able to get this captain to finally open up the door. The flight continues to where it's going in lands, and the captain has put on administrative leave as they try to determine exactly what caused this. And regardless of the reason, you can't, you know, deb eight from the safety protocol that's in place, because in essence, you're putting the lives of other people at risk for the very reason you said, if there's a medical situation that happens, or if at that moment there was a mechanical situation that would require all hands on deck, both pilots, well, because of your stupid actions, you don't have a full complement of crew members on the flight deck to deal with whatever problem might be coming up. So, yeah, for all the obvious reasons, this never should have happened.
Speaker 8: And yeah, the.
Speaker 6: Pilot will probably be allowed to fly back, but after a great deal of training. And I'm sure a big old posted note is a file.
Speaker 1: You bet you on that one. All right, As we always do, we'll close out with hub delays. How's it looking out there for air travel? Useful day?
Speaker 6: I think Salt Lake City is it as far as from a ub standpoint. A lot of the weather is minimal at points. This morning we did have some de icing delays because of the frost that was on some of the aircraft, because we're already in that season already. And yeah, other than that, Salt Lake City, so it's going to be a beautiful day to fly real quick.
Speaker 1: Here are the airports back in operation post hurricane?
Speaker 6: They are, Yeah, in fact we were, we were seeing that last weekend because quick, well they're they're revenue centers. Yeah, you know, to crank that bad boy up as quickly as you can, and you have people that need to get into and out of those affected areas. And again, airlines think when it comes to customer service, but I continue to give them high march on this type of situation because they handle it well before, during.
Speaker 1: And after. Jay Ratliffe always enjoyed our conversations. My friend, hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'll look forward to our conversation next Thursday, my friend, take care of much that a gret day YouTube eight fifty four fifty five k see talk station Jim Waters in the Bluegrass Institute, not the Buckeye Institute, Kentucky. Issues one and two. We're affirmed yes on both of them. Really simple to understand and provide an opportunity for some school choice in Kentucky. Doesn't establish it, just provides for it in the constitution. The legislator or legislature of the General Assembly is going to actually actually pass legislation that might provide the choice. But this amends the Kentucky Constitution to at least allow for that option if it had some problems getting some legislation passed in the Supreme Court there in Kentucky. So he explained both issues one and two. Donovan and the Americans for Prosperity, help out, get out the vote. Go to an afpaction dot org. There is still time. Empower you Mark Burrell. He is going to do a biblical roadmap to restore America. The duty is ours rediscovering American Covenant. That's the subject of tonight's empower You Seminar log in and empower You America dot org. Make sure you RSVP or show up at two twenty five Northland Boulevard. You can get a copy of Mar's books WHI you're there, interesting guy and interesting concept that and finally, of course my conversation with Jay RATTLEFT fifty five cars dot com to get that. Make sure you get your iHeartMedia app while you're there so you can stream the audio. Where are you happy to be? Joe Strecker, Executive producer, God bless you, sir, Thank you for producing the program. Everyone tuned in tomorrow for Tech Friday with Dave Hatter and stay right here because Glenn Beck's coming up updates on the twenty twenty four presidential campaign.
Speaker 6: We have to meet this moment as if our freedoms are at risk.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station. Banking with every federal credit union offers advantages