Speaker 1: And we continue on Fred Rogan Rodney Pete on five seventy LA Sports, The Big Friday Show where anything goes and it is the start of a big weekend for the Dodgers against the Blue Jays. Let us bring on the man in the Big Chair. Are you back from London yet? Ned?
Speaker 2: Yes, I am got back last night. I actually had another stop, but yeah, I got back last night.
Speaker 1: So you must be just all screwed up time wise.
Speaker 2: No, I don't even think about it. I just keep going. What the heck? Right? You know you're talking.
Speaker 1: You're talking to Ned Collettie.
Speaker 2: I've never had a nine to five gig, really, so don't I don't know. I sleep when I get tired and I stay out the rest of the time.
Speaker 1: All right, So you're back, and you're back at a critical time. The Dodgers need you, Ned, They need you in town.
Speaker 2: Since you you're going out there this weekend. The sheer amount of bits.
Speaker 3: All right, when you're going, you're going tomorrow, maybe going on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Okay, so go tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Let me know if you go to mar let me know.
Speaker 2: I'm there, kid, all right, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: So you're in the big chair and the team is in first place, but doesn't look like a first place team, So what do you think and what do you do?
Speaker 2: Ned, Well, there's nothing much you can do. Trade that lone wise, obviously that's in the past. So you've got some players obviously that have been hurt. Some have been hurt for a while, so you don't necessarily know what you're going to get when they do come back, or if they're going to come back at one hundred percent and be ready to go. But it takes time to adjustice. It's the best baseball league in the world, so you get to play it by here a little bit, and you're going to have to hope that some of the guys that have struggled that they figure it out, and some of the guys that have been unhealthy that they that they get healthy. How much you can do at this point except put people in a position to succeed. I think Dave Ravis does a great job with that. And so you play the cards you've been dealt. There's no doubt they've been getting dealt great cards. Now, guys, besides they're hurt, and besides a few guys slumping, you know, the talent is definitely there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no doubt. And you talk about guys that are slumping.
Speaker 3: Obviously, Mookie Betts has been the talk pretty much the whole season, and everybody's got an opinion need and I'm sure Mookie's tired of hearing about it. He's even saying, I don't know what else I can do. I'm in the cage. I'm doing everything I can. Uh, it's just you know, baseball and you know this net. Sometimes it's just sports. But what what do you do? Do you start tweaking it? You start? I mean, I know they messed with him leading off and then going back to hitting second. Do you move him even further down the lineup? And does that take pressure off of him? I seem to think I don't know if that does or not. Because he's a guy who's been there and done that for so long. I don't know if moving him down does really anything.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't think it does. I think he's he's use pressure. He's used to playing a big moments. He's done it for a long long time and successful. You know, it's it's hard to expind sometimes when a guy gets gets in a in a fog like as he said, the other day, you know this is this is not just since the beginning of the season. He felt that he could have been a little bit stronger the last few weeks of last year. So it's been a prolonged situation. I think sometimes and I don't know him well enough to really do anything but speculated. I guess. You know, the longer you go in an adult drum, sometimes the tougher it gets a pull out of it because you end up thinking about so many different things, and I think if you go back to just what made you successful? How were you when you were at your best, what were you thinking? How you know? How how did this work? How did that work? And then you forget about looking at the scoreboard to see what your average is or what you've been doing lately. You just taking it sounds cliche. You just take a pitch to pitch and you do what you're what you're used to doing, and sometimes I can pull you out. You know, he doesn't have to hit three thirty to be a great player. He's a great player. So you know what, you take a pitch by pitch it bad, by a fat you know, you get you could get a win a big game by going one for four, one for five, or making a great play in the field, or going first or third or first a home many ways to win a game. So you got to take it as it is. That you look at it every day doesn't help you. But at some point in time, you got to forget about what the scoreboard says batting average and things like that. Just concentrate on what you know how to do best and be able to execute it.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing that nobody forgot how to hit. You know, guys that have struggled Mookie included this year, nobody forgot how to hit. It's not like they woke up and go, oh my god, I what do I do up here? I don't understand how to do this anymore. No one has forgotten anything. It's just no, they've all kind of been in this same spot and they can't get out of it, like all at the same time. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: Well, you see that a lot in sport. I mean you do see where where one one person or two people slump and suddenly got the whole team an adultrum. Sometimes you're starting pitcher ro pitch great, and the next guy will pitch great. You know, sometimes it's just you know, one begets the other, and I think that that's a piece of it too. But there's not much you're going to be able to do a change wise right now. You're going to have to live with with who you are. I mean, you've got it. You've got many, many great talented players that have all done it before, and you got to you just got to play it out. I know that's tough to do. It's tough to watch, it's tough to be a fan, and tough to to sit where we said, but that's the game. That's the nature of the sport, of any sport, and sometimes you just got to play it out. And you know, I mean look at Max Munsey, you know, look where he was at the beginning of the season, and look and look what he's done since and how much they missed him. And Booby comes back and off he goes. That's sports, guys. That's so that's how it goes. Sometimes tough to watch, but that's why. That's why every day is different. Every game is different. Every day you got a chance to learn something. Every day you got a chance to win a game. But every day you got a chance to just dip a little bit deeper. In the into the funk Man.
Speaker 1: I said this earlier.
Speaker 3: I just think that they've got especially now that they're getting healthy again, especially the pitching staff, and they're getting them guys like you just mentioned Munzie back. There's just too much talent for them to stay where they are, stay as stagnant as they are. At some point, I do believe they're going to make a run. How do you feel about them making a run or getting it kind of turned around?
Speaker 2: Well, the time to make the run is actually a little bit later in the year, right, I mean, it's you know, you would you rather, you know, would we rather having ten games up right now and and two games up at the end of the season and have everybody wondering, hey, what do we got going on now? No, you got it. You got to pace yourself. And again this is all easier said than done. But the time to get hot is coming. It ain't here, and it may not even be here right now. And you've got a bunch of talent, You've got a pitching staff that is starting to work its way back, and again you don't know what you're going to get the first few times out, and you hope that the player is completely healthy when they come back that they're not just telling you that they feel great, because if that happens too and they're not one hundred percent or close to it. But you're gonna have to play it out. And the key thing is for this team, and I don't think there's any doubt they're going to make the playoffs, so we can. You know you're going to get to October. What you do with that month writes to history of this club for a long time. This is all all drama, and this is all like leading up to it, but October is the month. You know if you want one hundred and fifteen games and won a division by thirty and then you know you struggle when you got to October. That's all anybody's going to care about. All this stuff will be forgotten by the time you get to October, and you got to live with it and you got to try and figure out your way out of it. And everybody gets tested through adversity, no matter if it's in life for in sport, and how you react to and how you react to to figuring out how you adjust to what you've been up to. And that's where they're at right now. In some cases.
Speaker 1: See I said earlier basically the same thing last year. It's not like the club didn't go through adversity last year. It's not like they didn't have to deal with things. I think it made them stronger now. They went through it more so near the end and they caught that fire and built that momentum. But you talk about a team that has had to deal with adversity this year with the injuries that on its own would have demolished a lot of clubs and knocked them out for the whole season. Now that things of them are done right, and now if you look at the way they have played in the last month, and it hasn't been great, but they're still in first place. That's adversity. They have to deal with it as well. And I just believe it's not like flipping a switch. Oh the lights are on now we're back. But I do believe they are going to come out of this and catch fire. As you pointed out at the right time.
Speaker 2: Net, I would be far more surprised if they didn't than if they did. I mean, we all expect them too, and I think they expect themselves to do it as well. You know, the sport's not easy. San Diego has played probably as good as they can play for a while and they're still sitting two back. Okay, not quite as good a road team as they are at home, and we can say that about most teams. But it's you know, it's it's part of the deal. It's part of what you go through and part of the ups and downs of the season. But to go through everything they've got. If you took the names off the uniforms and you went back to April and you said, okay, so now we're sitting in August and here's a team that lost X number of starting pitchers, X number of believers, X number of position players. What place are they in? You say, well, they're out of it. They're not even in it, let alone competing for it. They're out of it. And I mean, we could you know, we pick out a team from a year ago that had the same thing happen to have to have a great year of the year before in Arizona, and you know, that's the that's the sport. But you know they have they have so many different options to be successful. And we've said this off and on for a couple of years now. One of the beauties of the of the way the team is constructed is there's not one player you count on it. There's a there's a lot of different options on a daily basis of guys coming through and you got to wait for it and you just wish it here. No you can't. You got to figure out your way through it. But you know, I think this weekend is a great test for them. Again, is it going to dictate how it goes the rest of the way. No, not necessarily, probably not at all. But I think, and we've talked about this too, when they have to play competitive teams and you're playing the best team in the America League right now, one of the best teams in the game, you know, how do you do? How do you do against them? And I think this is a good test for him. You've got it. You've got to stay sharp, and sometimes when you play teams that you can just run through, you know, it's tough to stay sharp for one hundred and sixty two games. So anyway, I think, yeah, he'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it might be a good thing. They're playing the Blue Jays right now.
Speaker 3: As you mentioned, net Otani, I'm still just incredible what he's doing, and on the mound, I think he had one of his better days eight strikeouts and four innings and and then hit the home run. What do you make when people suggest that, Oh, I don't know if I would pitch him anymore or pull him back on the pitching because the hitting is more important than the pitching. What do you say to the folks that are suggesting.
Speaker 2: That, Well, I don't know anybody that's more saturated in the day to day of the Dodgers, and Andrew and Dave Roberts and the staffs for both and they know and show hey knows, they know more in that room than anybody than everybody on the outside combined. You can take a million people within a they don't know as much as five people sitting in that office. So they're gonna do what's best. They're gonna they take the long view. We've talked about that many times on the show. They take the long view. So are they gonna extend him out so that by the time they get to October he's at an innings limit and he can't really help in the playoffs? No, I think that they're gonna judiciously let it, let it out little by little and they continue to use it. And if they see that the pitching is affecting the hitting, they're gonna know. They're gonna know it. They're gonna know about the body language. They're gonna know by the conversations and the manager's office and the clubhouse. They just know and know. We can all take guesses, but you know, it's a guest firsus really knowing, and I'll go with their record. Go over anybody else who's taking the guests or making an opinion. They don't. The opinion is the opinion. But the people who are in it every day, they know where everybody on their club is at. They know who's finnicky, they know who's fighting through an injury, they know who's getting better, who is getting stronger, it was getting sharper, and they know who can do what. That's that's the beauty of the sport. That's the blessing and the curse of it. It's an everyday thing. You won't ever put it away. So I think that that they'll measure it as they go on and they'll make the best choice they can and they'll be party to it.
Speaker 1: All right, Net, thanks for coming on, really appreciate it today.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, always a pleasure, always a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Our good friend Ned Coletti, okay, be man of the big chair. Dodger fans, Let's do this Rodney. All right, you heard Ned, You've heard us talk about it. How are you feeling now as they wake up with this series against the Blue Jays? One do panic, meter, green good. Let's do it all right, Green good, Orange, concerned, red panic, Green good, Orange, concerned red panic eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. We'll take your calls in the next segment tomorrow. Take your picture with world champion Mickey Rojas. Loving to noon at Rea Money Transfer inside Superior Grocers on Huntington Park at sixty ten Pacific Boulevard. David Vass'll be there with a live broadcast from ten to noon. You'll have a chance to win Dodger tickets, Superior Grocers, gift cards and more. It's brought to you by Real Money Transfer located in Superior Grocer's Money where you need it. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy Green good, Orange, concerned, Red, panicked Dodger fans as they get ready to take the Blue Jays on what do you think?
Speaker 4: Hello Rogan and Robnie listener. Did you know Am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts, shows like petros in Money. We are streaming Matt Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk with auDA Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: That's right. You know what happens on Friday? No, we don't.
Speaker 3: We really don't. At least Freddy certainly does it. Rodney Pete, Fred Rogan on a beautiful Friday. Let's go, all right, Panic time, Come on, let's.
Speaker 1: Go, let's do it. Panic Meter time eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy Green, No problem, All good, Orange. I'm a bit concerned. Red. We got big problems. I'm panicked. Big series against the Blue Jays tonight. How do you feel we haven't done the panic Have we even done the panic meter this year? We have once?
Speaker 5: It's been a while, Yeah we have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, we did it once once.
Speaker 2: I think when they got swept by the Angels, he might have done it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which, by the way, they're coming up again here next week. Okay, well then we don't need to deal with that right now. Let's deal with this. Are you panicked? Are you not panicked? Here we go Alex and Menefee, thanks for holding. Where is your panic meter? And why? Hey?
Speaker 5: What's up Fred?
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 7: Ronnie?
Speaker 2: My second meter?
Speaker 7: I'm at green right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, we we go through this every year, so I mean.
Speaker 8: I think we're good.
Speaker 7: It's we gotta go.
Speaker 8: We gotta go through the through the down before we get the up.
Speaker 9: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I just have a suggestion.
Speaker 7: Do you know if MOOKI when to go see the same doctor, the eye doctor that key k and uh Monkey Munsey win to go see, maybe maybe he needs to go do that.
Speaker 9: Mm.
Speaker 3: We talked about that. Thanks for the call. We talked about that, uh the other day. It's like that would be probably one of the first things as he's struggling to bring up. And so I'm sure they have and I'm sure they've dealt with it. No, you know what, thanks for the call, Alex, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. If they thought going to an eye doctor would make a difference, do you not think he would have already been at the eye doctor. To me, it's pretty simple. If going to the eye doctor was the key, he'd be there as a matter of fact. And I don't know nobody's saying he hasn't gone to the eye doctor.
Speaker 3: Right, But whatever you can think of, whatever we can think of, they've thought about it ten times and ten years before we have.
Speaker 1: I'm sure of it. Yeah, they are a little ahead of all of us. That's fair. All right, let's go to Long Beach. Emma is holding and Emma, where is your panic meter?
Speaker 10: Hi guys, Rodney and Fred. I love your show. You guys are great. I'm at Green.
Speaker 11: Orange because Green O's.
Speaker 10: These guys are yes. These guys are giving it all, And I just wanted to make a comment.
Speaker 9: When are they going to put.
Speaker 10: Rochyosaki in the bullpen? This young man is a fireball. He needs to get out there and work on it and get that confidence back, and you watch out. We were gonna come back strong, all right.
Speaker 1: I'm a thanks for the call creating your own color. By the way, we've never had anybody create green orange. I think I did that when I was like four years old. I can school green apple. Frank all right, thanks Emma. Thanks uh. Here's the thing about Tazaki, he's got the rehab star. Here's what I'll say about him going to the bullpen and that, and look, he is a fireballer, no question. And if you had a chance to see him pitch in person prior to when he went on the injured list, I gotta tell you he's nasty. When that stuff is on, he is nasty. And Rodney and I both saw him pitch in Japan. That guy's nasty. He can do things that will boggle your mind. But I think the concern, and we talked about it yesterday, given how I don't want to say wild, but not around the plate he was, I don't know. If that guy is a reliever. I think i'd let him start and work himself out of trouble. Now let's say he starts and he's lights out and they don't need him to start. Well, that's a different story. But I think there's work to be done there, Rodney, at least I would want to see him a couple of times before I put him right in a bullpen.
Speaker 3: And I said this before, I would maybe I agree with you if we didn't have you know, Glass now coming back from injury, and we'd he didn't have, you know, Otani starting his pitching, because those guys need they need starts as you get ready to get into October. And so if you put Suzaki in and he starts, then you're gonna take away from that. So I don't have a problem that now he's coming back, throw him in the bullpen. You don't have to throw him into high leverage situations right away either. You can put him in earlier and and and just let him work up to where you feel more confident in him.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Virginia. It's uh, let's say, about four thirty on the east coast. So I don't know if Gino's been drinking or not yet, but he's calling on the app, Gino, where is your panic meter?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 5: Guy, as soon as you answered my soon as answer my call, I opened the beer.
Speaker 1: How about that there is baby had a baby? Yeah, you gotta be you gotta throw a couple back before you call us.
Speaker 2: Ill.
Speaker 5: I'll throw two more in.
Speaker 2: I came in jacket for you. And what kind of you drink? Corona?
Speaker 11: Fred?
Speaker 2: Are you cheating that cheap beer? Miller light? No?
Speaker 1: No, I'm a I'm a beer I'm a bourbon guy. I'm a bourbon guy.
Speaker 5: Bourbon all right, I'll throw a bourbon shot for you, man, do it, do it all right? If I get if I get messed up, it's on you. I'm calling you back, Hey, sax perfect, Green gentlemen, Green gentlemen. We just need our boat and to get their stuff together. And Mookie's benning it done. If we can get Otani just on base a little bit more, we'll be better. Home runs are not enough, but home runs are good.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, we got thanks, appreciate it. Yeah, he's with me. He already said.
Speaker 3: Get Otani on base a little bit more, Be a little bit more selective at the plate, take some walks.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, just get get somebody on base and knock him in. It's pretty simple. But you got to get on base first, he said, Otani, get on base. No, I heard that. I heard and you said last week. Maybe he should be more selective. Maybe he should actually walk once in a while. You don't have to hit the ball out of the park every time. No you don't, No, you don't. All right, go ahead, let's go down the street right here in Burbank. Richard is calling Richard. Thank you for calling Richard. Where's your meter at?
Speaker 8: It's kind of a hot orange?
Speaker 1: Got a hot old hot orange? Is that like? Is that like too orange? What kind of orange is that hot orange?
Speaker 8: I don't know, but I can feel it moldering. And I'll tell you my observations are not that profound. I think you can just look back a couple of series ago. That team, that Brewers team, showed us why we're likely going to run into trouble. We'll get in the playoffs one way or another. But those guys make contact. There's not a lot of slug on that team. There's not a lot of slug with these other teams, Cincinnati, the Twins, but those guys make contact.
Speaker 2: It just seems to me that.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers lack the ability to play that kind of baseball, and that kind of baseball is what seems to be winning baseball right now. I'm not worried about the pitching. I think it'll come back, but I see us trying to slug every time, you know, and all the promos for the Dodgers have on TV show nothing but home runs being hit. You know, I understand that that's an important part of the game and the fans eleven. But we need to make contact. I just don't think that's the culture of this team.
Speaker 1: All right, appreciate the call, Richard. Thanks. Here's the thing we and Richard, you know, to be honest, a couple of times every year we get that, we get that call, that exact call, launch angle, hitting the ball out of the park. The game has changed. But every year, and I remember in the World Series against the Red Sox Rodney, the calls were the Red Sox are moving guys around. We're swinging for the fences. And that's what Richard just said. We're swinging for the fences and everybody else is just moving guys around. I think the concern here is when the Dodgers get somebody on base, they're having trouble moving them in, you know what I mean. Yeah, that's the problem. And I don't know if that comes from swinging for the fences or they're just not moving the guys around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're you know, scoring or hitting with runners in scoring position is abysmal, and it has been during this stretch. So whether it's a home run or just a base hit. But but but say that's that's not when the Dodgers are going good, that's what they do. They they make the pictures work and sometimes they go station to station. So this you suggest that that's not what their philosophy is. That's that's not true. Yes, you see the home runs, but their philosophy is to move the guy and and pass the baton to the next one. All right, Robert Lahabra, thanks for holding appreciate it. Where's your panic meter?
Speaker 7: It's on, Orange, guys, great to be on.
Speaker 1: Thank you Orange.
Speaker 9: Why are we good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I'm assuming some gardening work. If you hear that, don't worry about it. Go ahead. I told him to stop. Hey, quick cut that out. I'm looking around here going and somebody outside that's right outside my window. It's unfortunate, that's all right. You gotta at that time. Great, go ahead, me on mute, Kevin, put me on mute.
Speaker 7: No, I say orange, And please don't confuse that with not being a fan. I'm just trying to figure out ways to make it work, that's all.
Speaker 1: Now, if you're a fan, you can say Orange, Robert. It's fine, that's real. You can't.
Speaker 7: Is it a coincidence that Mookie's in his slump and uh not playing in right field.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, thanks, Robert, appreciate it. We'll answer that for you. That is another uh generally considered observation. Maybe if you put them in right field, gotta be on all right, Yeah, I'll say this. Do you think if they believed putting Mooki in right field would make a difference, they would put Mooky in right field? I kind of do. I do believe that they would put Mooky in right field if they thought it would make it difference.
Speaker 3: Fans want to see it. Fans want to see it because I believe it's true. Just let him play there for a series and right field, I guarantee you it'll be a difference. You know, they just want to see it. But yeah, of course they've talked about it. I'm sure they've talked about it over and over. And you know, without mook in with Mooki about whether or not going back to the right field, they're very open with their communication with their players.
Speaker 1: So that has been a conversation.
Speaker 3: And I again, like everybody that we've had on expert wise and part of the Dodgers or whoever, doesn't believe Mooki going the right field is going to make a difference.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go Mark in La Mark, appreciate your holding. Where's your meter?
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, I'm green. I think they're going to explode, and they're going to explode at the right time. Okay, But I got two concerns. That guy, the gentleman that came on first, he said that MOOKI needs the glasses. Muki doesn't need the glasses. I don't think any of the players need glasses. I think the umpires behind the place he'd mega glasses. Because it looks like Stevie Wonder's calling balls and strikes on half of these games. I mean, it's ridiculous with the strikes on. And number two is if you look at the Dodgers in the last two or three months when they were like use Max Monsey as an example. Max Munsey, I don't know how many times it goes three and two. He waits for his pitch, and he waits and he makes him pitch. Of the last two and three months, the Dodgers have been swinging on the first pitch, on the second pitch, and they're getting out and it's ridiculous. And I think that's huge compared to what they were used to doing.
Speaker 1: Huge, Thanks Mark. And the other question the other question, Okay, try to cut Mark off. Go ahead, Mark one more.
Speaker 6: Mark off, quick question with you. Why are they playing so many of these American League teams?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 6: Why did they switch?
Speaker 1: Why did they switch?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're playing No, No, that was the deal they did what.
Speaker 3: Two years ago or last year where they stopped playing because they were playing the Giants nineteen times and they were playing the Padres nineteen times, so they wanted to spread it out and play more of the league as opposed to just playing so many games within.
Speaker 11: The division trying to grow it.
Speaker 1: Yep, thanks Mark, appreciate it. You know I'm here in the gardener. Did I ever tell you the story about my mother my grandmother?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I never told you that. All right, No, I'm gonna do that in the next segment. My mother and my grandmother were garden. They fire a gardener right now. You don't have to, Yeah, you don't have to. He's got to get the bushes perfectly, perfectly trimmed. We know how you are there. You walk outside. Hey, I'm a tyrant. I told you I did. That's what I wanted to look like, all right, let's go Steven, Santa Fe Springs. Come on, Steve. Oh, Steve, Steve's meter is not good, Rodney, go ahead, Fellows.
Speaker 2: I love your show.
Speaker 1: Thank you. There's no accounting for take Steve, but thank you.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 11: I'm kind of uh in the orange red right now.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 11: I was checking out the injury reports last night for all the teams, and I noticed a lot of the Dodgers, a lot are going to be coming back the pictures. But the Podreys have four players on the injured list and two are coming back in the next light week. You're perry loaded, man, I'm kind of scared.
Speaker 1: Don't be scared. Don't be scared, Steve scared, Well, don't be scared.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 11: It's uh, yeah, I know. Well, I'm a Dodger fan. I love the Dodgers, right yeah, yeah, I know. Well I'm a little worried.
Speaker 1: How all right? And another thing, you cannot create your own color of orange red, your orange or red sea. You cannot be orange red. It's like somebody was orange, all right, and that's fine.
Speaker 11: Let's say orange. Let's say orange. But don't be surprised at the pods Rays catch him this weekend. All right, they got the Red Sox.
Speaker 2: That's gonna tell Okay.
Speaker 1: Anyway, all right, goodbye, Steve, thank you, thank you. All Right, let's do Lisa and Chatsworth. Lisa, you're on orange too.
Speaker 9: Yes, I'm a little bit on orange, but for different reasons. I really don't like our outfield right now. I think a lot of a couple of them are kind of slow.
Speaker 2: They're not very good. You know. Conforto, I know.
Speaker 9: He's had offensive struggles, but he's also not very good in the outfield. I do like the guy that I do like the new guy that they brought in, that guy, Alex call I think he's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And as for Mookie, okay, here's another take. Okay, he lost twenty five pounds at the beginning of the season, right, you can't get that back. That's muscle he locked. It's not just you could go eat a couple of pizzas then you get it. I think that's a lot of it. You know, he hits the fly ball that usually goes out and now it's to the warning truck.
Speaker 1: You know, it's weird when I ate a couple of pizzas leads. So I don't get muscle. I just get fat.
Speaker 9: I'm just saying so, you know, I don't think Mookie's gonna get it back this season, you know, so I think he needs to take a different strategy than just trying to hit it hard. You know, maybe try to hit it in a place where they're not.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Lisa, I appreciate it, Lisa, you're the best. Not try to hit it hard. I don't know what's the alternative. Well, she said hit it where they're not, but soft, Well, don't hit it hard, just hit it where they're not, which, by the way, I would suggest, yes, they try to do that and hit it hard at the same time. Okay, Jacob in el hambro last one, Jacob your meters on Orange?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm on Orange. Man, I'm right here slapping together, damn Sandwich trying to get it together. Man. I hope I hope that.
Speaker 12: Uh you know, if we can't take this series against the Jays, maybe uh you know, the Padre is coming to town to let us spark up, you know, to get some to get some positive.
Speaker 5: Attitude, you know, some aggressive momentum going. Yeah, you know for our boy groom Blue.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, we got you we got your thanks, Jacob appreciate it.
Speaker 3: As he's saying he might need the Padres to kind of give him some little, little little little motivation, little little anger playing the arrival might get him going a little bit. Yeah, be nice if they developed that anger tonight. Yeah, why wait for the Padres developer tonight. Okay, So anyway, if if you have been listening, there's a I would say, pretty good possibility. You did understand there was a gardener working. And one thing we believe that at a five seventy, we want our lawns manicured.
Speaker 8: All.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes we do. But that will lead to the story. And I don't think i've told it, Kevin. If I told the story of my mother and grandmother gardening, I don't recall that one.
Speaker 2: No, you told me about your grandmother's fancy man who you called uncle Jack or something, Uncle Louis.
Speaker 1: That's what was.
Speaker 13: I think I've heard this story, Fred, it's just where it's yeah Louis. But un I think he told this story on the air like Lois. Sorry, Rodney, Yeah, it was Uncle Louis, grandma's fancy man, Uncle Louie, who was my uncle. But I didn't he was uncle Louis. Then I was like fourteen years old. I said, how are you my uncle? And he goes, I'm not your uncle, I'm your grandmother's boyfriend. I thought it was my uncle until I was like fourteen. Okay, So I have told the story like three times about the gardening, so I'm not going to tell it.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to do it. What happened was my mother my grandmother were out.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I was going to tell it in the next segment. I'm doing right. Oh oh, come on tell it, Fred, No, no, no, my mother all right, well when we come back. But yes, Ronnie, you are correct. It is the Crooked Finger. It is the Crooked Finger story that'll be next.
Speaker 4: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports Rodney P.
Speaker 3: Fred Rogan on a Friday, we don't care. I had words with the gardeners outside. Frett Are you talking to him? I did they sit here at AM five seventy. We like to keep it clean, all right, So we're not gonna stop working for you.
Speaker 1: No, no, we go. I'll tell you the story real quick, because then David Vassay is coming on top of the hour. Years ago, my mother was outside and she's got this electric hedge clipper, do you remember the story, And she's trimming the only ander bushes only andander bushes are very large and they get very bushy. And my mother's outside and she's using this electric hedge clip and she's trimming the oliander bushes. My grandmother comes out and says, Irene, I'm gonna help you, and my mother goes, MA, don't don't help me. I got it. There's no reason to help me. I got the electric hedge clipper here, and I'm trimming the oiander bushes. So my grandmother says, no, I want to help, and she stands off to the side. So anyway, my mother's trimming the bushes. My grandmother sticks her hand in to pull out one of the bushes, one of the limbs that my mother is trimmed, and my grandmother just says, that's it, that's it, And my mother goes, what's it, ma, And my grandmother goes, you cut off my finger, and you did it on purpose. You told me not to help. I stuck my hand and you cut off my finger with the electric hedge clipper. And my mother goes, what are you talking about. My grandmother pulls her hand out and she's holding her finger. My mother cut off my grandmother's finger for real, for real. My grandmother is in sense. My mother goes, oh, my god, mo, we have to go to the hospital. My grandmother goes, I will not go to the hospital with anybody that cut off my finger. She's holding her finger. She walks next door. She knocks on the neighbor's door, and she says. The neighbor answers. She goes, hello, will you take me to the hospital? Look, my daughter cut off my finger. She would not go with my mother. They go to the hospital they saw on my grandmother's finger. My grandmother comes home. She's not quite as upset. My mother had gone and witnessed all of this, and now it's fine, except my grandmother's finger grow. They sewed it on kind of incorrectly. So, you know, if she's pointing forward her fingers to the right, you know what I mean, It's like she thinks she's pointing at you, but her fingers actually pointed to the side, and that's when she used to say to me, and she used to wave her finger at me. One of these days, Fred, you and I are going to have a talk. But the problem was she was always pointing to the right side and she was never pointing directly at me. Because my mother cut off her finger, and that was the gardening story.
Speaker 3: Yet wait, she went in to grab the in the bushes and your mom didn't didn't see her there with their hand in the bushes.
Speaker 1: Exactly cut off her finger. Wow. Right, And that's why you have professional gardeners at your house because the last thing we would want to happen is you to cut off Holly's finger. Yeah, that would not be good. That would not be good because then she would definitely tell you. One of these days, Rodney, you and I are going to have a conversation. Okay, when we come back out to Dodger Stadium and we go, David Vassay will be standing by