Speaker 1: This is dan Kapls and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dankplas Show.
Speaker 2: Please be sure to give us.
Speaker 1: A five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Let that celebration continue.
Speaker 1: Glad you're here eight five five four zero five eight two five five The number text d an five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: You see this happen every.
Speaker 1: Now and then, you know, we always get some text after hours before the show, et cetera. We appreciate that, love the enthusiasm, but every now and then you just really have that breakout on an issue that just captures everybody's attention. And we won't spend the full show on it today as we did yesterday. But clearly this outrage in Steamboat, where this great person elt buried up to its neck in the snow, clearly in pain and misery and dying, calls State of Colorado. You know, partman and wildlife, please come and get the ouk. Can They wouldn't do it, and so she organized a posse to come out in the morning with shovels. Came from miles around and they were having breakfast in the animal died, So people still following up on that, I'll squeeze in some of those texts today.
Speaker 2: I really want to get the wonderful woman who.
Speaker 1: Tried to save the Elk on the show and continue that conversation a bit, so we'll keep working on it so.
Speaker 2: Much more to talk about Colorado's own Bagdad Bob.
Speaker 1: You remember Bagdad Bob right the Saddam He was like second or third in Saddam's chain of command, and he would stand out there and he would say, you know, we're slaughtering the American troops. The American troops are nowhere near Baghdad, and you'd see, you know, platoons just walking behind them of American troops. I mean, you know, so we have our own Bagdad Bob. I don't mean in the evil sense, because obviously Saddam is entire regime straight from hell, but in terms of the willingness to just say obvious false things it publicly and we'll see about to Congress, but meryor Mike Johnson of Denver, you know, it just says these things that he knows when he says them, are obviously false, and has to know everybody else knows they're false, but he just says them as if they're true. I mean, it's really remarkable, though, very inadmirable trait.
Speaker 2: Here's the headline in.
Speaker 1: The Denver Post, Denver Mayer agrees to testify to Congressional committee about immigration enforcement policies.
Speaker 2: And the reason I say it's inadmirable.
Speaker 1: And I know this sounds naive, right, but the bottom line is, I mean, truth is like the core value, and it don't get fair. I've never, obviously, I've said to somebody, oh that haircut looks great when you're thinking who dropped a lawnmower on your head? But usually that's me looking in the mirror. But the point being that truths should be a core value. And when you run into people my constitutionally protected opinion, Mike Johnson strikes me as one of those who has become someone for whom it seems to me the truth just doesn't matter. And he says all this goofy stuff. And that's why I raise the question, Ryan, and nobody's answered it for me. Maybe nobody cares about this question except me. Is it fair now in this day and age and states certainly where you know they're using dope is quote legal is it? Is it fair to ask collected officials when they say and do really goofy things all the time, whether they consume it seems to me like a not only a perfectly reasonable question that should be posed to somebody like Mike Johnson. I don't know the answer to it. I don't know whether he does or not, but looking at some of the things he says and does, it seems like a very fair question, and I think it's one that should become standard with quote legalization. But here's one that would go onto that pile.
Speaker 2: Denver may agrees to testify.
Speaker 1: Mike Johnston has decided to testify before a Congressional committee next month, etc.
Speaker 2: Etc.
Speaker 1: After its members asked him to travel to Washington, d C. To explain the city's policies limiting cooperation with federal em greation authorities. That's not what they asked him to explain, right, they asked him to explain sanctuary city policy. So I wish the article would just say that, and then here is the quote from the Johnston administration, so an obvious preview of his testimony.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: For the last two years, Denver has shown the country that you can be a compassionate and welcoming city without sacrificing public safety or course services. Says Jordan Fuja, the mayor spokesperson. We look forward to discussing with the committee. Oh is Jordan going to be up there?
Speaker 2: No listen. So you've got Mike Johnston who's saying that.
Speaker 1: He's been able to welcome and by the way, he implicitly encouraged it to poll us all these lefties, all these folks to come here illegally. But what he's saying is that we were able to have all these folks come in, all these folks come in without sacrificing public safety or course services.
Speaker 2: Ryan, is.
Speaker 1: Are the rec centers not core services? Because I remember some rec centers being closed and then you know, like Denver couldn't get its flowers, all sorts of stuff, all sorts of I remember, now, isn't it nine to one one as well? Didn't they have to cut back the budget for the nine to one one system? And I'm sure we're going to start getting text and calls. I thought there were people they denied they were layoffs, but they were hourly employees who were no longer getting their hours. And Johnston has the nerve to stand up through his spokesman and said that I don't know there were no core services sacrificed, and certainly on the safety front.
Speaker 2: You know, that's that's the worst deception of all.
Speaker 1: Claiming that there was no impact on public safety because of all what he calls the newcomers unless they're walking into his home uninvited, right, that the newcomers who came into Denver no impact on public safety, blatant o vi his falsehood. Now, if Mayor Coffin was on the show with us, what he'd say is, yeah, he dumped all of the Venezuelans, and listen, this is not a blanket common on Venezuelans. Obviously, some excellent people came into this country who were from Venezuela, but you also got a bunch of these gang members who, it appears, according to Mike Kaufman, Mike Johnston shipped out to Aurora.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's it's that this ability to just.
Speaker 1: Stand up, straight faced and say all these things that aren't true is really a remarkable and deeply disturbing trait. Not to be admired eight five five for zero five e two five five of the number, but as I said before, you know, to temper expectations.
Speaker 2: Johnston knows. I mean, he's looking forward to this.
Speaker 1: He is thrilled that he got this invitation because he knows there's no real chance to cross examine him. There's no real chance to cross examine him in one of these committee hearings because each member only gets a few minutes, and then Johnston can filibuster. You know, give any skilled informed person twenty minutes with Mayor Johnston on a true witness stand under oath, with the judge there who can direct the witness to answer the question, and Johnston would be completely totally exposed. But this committee it's a walk in the park. It's a walk in park. There's no real ability to pin him down. And Ryan, that's one of the things about these committee hearings, right that just doesn't get talked about enough, is they are so ineffective because there is no presiding judge. I understand there's a committee chair who can bang the gavel and say a couple of words, but there's no presiding judge to control the proceedings, to say to the witness, such as you know, Mike Johnston of Denver, Mayor Johnston, please answer the question. You know, you did not answer that question. So that's what makes these committee hearings, you know, so ineffective.
Speaker 3: They're faulty for two reasons, and they're kind of the same reason on both sides. And that is either a member of the House Committee or Senate committee will use their time to filibuster on their own to get TV FaceTime, etc. Or the witness. And I think it would be more likely the case with a mayor Mike Johnston will filibuster, try to draw out an answer so they can run out the clock and not have to answer the question to your point.
Speaker 1: Right, And that's where you need the presiding judge to step in. Yes, So now Johnston isn't concerned about this at all. He won't get pinned down there. He'll probably never get pinned down. And his bet is that he will not pay a price with the voters because the voters don't matter. You have to understand the current mentality of the Democratic Party in Colorado is the voters don't matter. That as long as they can win the Democrat primary, as long as they get the big money from the far lefties who controlled the Democratic Party, they can win the primary.
Speaker 2: And as long as they win the primary, they're going to be elected.
Speaker 1: And so the voters aren't he look at the way they behave, look at the way they act. You know, for these these statewide democrats and a mayor like Johnston, the voters aren't even in the calculus for them, certainly not the safety and the best interest of the voters, not in the calculus at all. And here's proof Exhibit A, though we have about fifty of them, Exhibit as that Johnston wouldn't think twice before, wasn't it? The day after the day after, another innocent Denveright.
Speaker 2: Was slaughtered on the mall, The first.
Speaker 1: One a flight attendant visiting the city at her throat slit by this free killer. The second one the night before, without any hesitation, Johnston Prance is down to the mall close to where the blood was spilled and just proclaims victory. So yeah, that is the mentality. So don't get your hopes up for this hearing eight five four zero five two five five takes dam five seven seven three nine when we come back. Lots to cover, But I do want to get your take on this story. In fact, they had it in the news at the top of Hey, Now you're going to have these speedcams on different highways in Colorado.
Speaker 2: What do you think about that?
Speaker 1: Do you support that? Do you oppose it? Eight five five or zero five? A two five to five? Is it going to change.
Speaker 2: Your driving behavior? You're on the Dan Caplas Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: I love this text, Dan, do you feel every day since one twenty twenty five is like Christmas morning? What pressense will Trump put under the tree tomorrow morning? That from Alexa that that's absolutely perfect. I've kind of felt that way since election day because you saw, starting the next day right the Trump effect take effect.
Speaker 2: Around the world.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that Eric's going to raise what was going to be my five o'clock hour topic. But it's so wonderful. Let's start it now. Eric, You're on the Dan Capliss Show.
Speaker 5: Welcome by Dan.
Speaker 6: You're great American.
Speaker 2: Eric, You doing my friend?
Speaker 6: Okay, Oh my god, young man. I hate to correct Ryan.
Speaker 2: I've never heard that.
Speaker 6: Hand He said that President Trump signed in the executive order.
Speaker 7: On the no Boys in Girls sports. But that was a real deal that was signed. That's why Speaker Johnson and the rest were there in.
Speaker 8: The White House.
Speaker 7: It wasn't an executive order, that was a real He's direct.
Speaker 1: That's right, No, Ryan is Ryan is saying you are absolutely correct.
Speaker 6: God bless you Ryan for not slapping me.
Speaker 2: You know when you're.
Speaker 7: Right, Ryan, Do you you know, take calls from two to four?
Speaker 8: Eric?
Speaker 3: If every call was like yours, I'd take calls every day.
Speaker 2: I'd find a way.
Speaker 3: It's just difficult because I don't have a consistent producer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but isn't that also kind of the trend in talk radio that most people are, at least to a lot of hosts now don't take calls.
Speaker 8: Some do.
Speaker 3: I think it's a technical issue behind the scenes. See, Dan is very fortunate to have yours truly, Eric and Kelly, and so we can kind of run the show behind the scenes and then Dan can focus on the hosting party.
Speaker 8: Eric.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to be the spoiler here, but is it possible that Ryan is actually right? Because I'm just looking at a couple of news pieces, both within the last hour, this one from NBC News. Trump signs executive order banning trans women from women's sports. So my understanding has been that this was an executive order and then I think you're absolutely right that there were a bunch of people standing around celebrating it, as they should be, because that this should.
Speaker 2: Be one hundred to zero issue in America.
Speaker 1: President Trump says NBC News signed an executive order Wednesday prohibiting transgender women and girls from competing in female sports. The measure, creatively called the No Men in Women's Sports Executive Order, is the fourth order targeting transgender people since the President is signed.
Speaker 5: What awful language the target I watched them.
Speaker 6: I watched them in chambers. My brother, Well, they voted on that.
Speaker 3: The one I think we might get be getting confused on both you and me, Eric on this is the Lake and Riley Act, which was passed through Congress and signed into law by President Trump in bipartisan fashion.
Speaker 2: So I might be confusing the two there.
Speaker 8: I think both of them passed, right because.
Speaker 6: NBC we can't trust him.
Speaker 1: Then, fair enough, But there are multiple other news outlets and the same thing, my friend now, LaCl and Riley Act obviously was about detaining illegal immigrants accused of different crimes. But yeah, on the issue of restoring sanity this country, no men in women's sports. That was an executive order today, and I'm I'm absolutely thrilled to see it.
Speaker 2: So I'm so glad you called on it wrong.
Speaker 6: I guess I got him mixed up too wrong. I thought it was.
Speaker 2: A real real Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, we can only hope that maybe that will follow because, like we know, executive orders can be undone by a subsequent Democrat administration.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well, Eric appreciated.
Speaker 6: Screaming in the radio man and Ryan, Ryan, we could hear you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you could hear it.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I am so glad you called. Thank you, Eric, because that's my five o'clock hour topic.
Speaker 2: But it is.
Speaker 1: It's such a good thing. It's such a great thing. We might as well talk about earlier.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 1: Here is one question I have in my limited experience with you being wrong, which does not happen often. You will never admit it when you're wrong, but you'll admit you're wrong when you're right. So what's all that about? Because you were right but admitted you were wrong.
Speaker 3: He got me thinking, And then then I was questioning my because I'm like, well, wait a minute, maybe I did get it wrong.
Speaker 2: I always want to be open to that.
Speaker 3: If I get something wrong, then I definitely want to correct it on the record. But then I'm thinking back and I'm like, Okay, I think I confused it with the Lake and Riley Act, which is the first Act of Congress on President Trump's watch, he signed it in a law.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think we've had another one since then, though, right.
Speaker 1: I think you've got a better excuse than that, And this one is obviously true.
Speaker 2: You're multitasking. You got a lot to do bad, absolutely lot do back there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, of course every now and then, Uh yeah, I'm on bonnexing flowed away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it does take time to come up with.
Speaker 1: That eight five to five for zero five eight two five to five the number text DA N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: So at the same day.
Speaker 1: You've got Mayor Johnson out there saying, yeah, I'll go and talk to Congress.
Speaker 2: Because hey, Denver, we're the place.
Speaker 9: We've done it, right, We.
Speaker 1: Got all these people in here without any increase in crime or or cut in course services. He has the audacity to actually say that, right, Well, what about TDA And by the way, the raids this.
Speaker 2: Morning, Kevin in Denver, you're on the Dan Caplis Show.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Hey guys, great show. Thanks thanks for taking my call. I have a couple of things here. How do you get that many still informed people around the Capitol?
Speaker 2: That's the question.
Speaker 10: The other one is I drove by there and I noticed at least three Littleton Public school buses, yellow school buses parked right on Broadway.
Speaker 5: Were those kids at that rally?
Speaker 2: Which rally are we talking about?
Speaker 5: The one on the Capitol? The pro pool against uh seagulls and all that.
Speaker 1: I would be shocked if that's the case, but a lot of shocking stuff happens. My guess is they're probably just down for a tour of the Capitol. But I'm glad you brought that up. So how big?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 1: You read the stories and then when it's a cause the left likes, they do this super double triple zoom to make it look like five hundred people when it's five. When I can remember several years when I had the privilege of em see or speaking at the you know, March for Life, we'd have thousands of people and they'd make it look like there were four.
Speaker 2: So how many were down there?
Speaker 5: I would say, if I were to take an educated guess, I would say, and there was a lot of people walking around getting there. Yeah, there were probably maybe three thousand.
Speaker 1: Well that'd be a big crowd. But here's what I'm trying to understand. And did it look like a bunch of school kids? Because you know, sometimes some of the Denver public schools, the kids will wander out nice spring day, they'll go down to some protests. But what I'm always trying to figure out, guys, is because we just saw in La two. Wait, did you have folks at this protest holding the Mexican flag?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: There was a car in front of me that was had their hand out the window waving a Mexican flag.
Speaker 1: Because these at these anti deportation protests, you see all these folks with Mexican flags. What I'm trying to understand is why are they waving the flag of the cuntry. You're protesting people being sent to.
Speaker 2: Did do you get that?
Speaker 10: Ryan?
Speaker 1: I mean, is it the whole protest that people shouldn't be sent to Mexico, but they're waving the Mexican flag?
Speaker 2: Oh, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: I'd love to hear from somebody. Is anybody out there protesting, Please give us a call. We would love to understand that logic if if you're so loyal to Mexico, you admire Mexico so much that you're going to be waving their flag in a protest in Denver, LA, then why are you protesting people being sent to Mexico eight five five four zero five two five five text d an five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast, Maxine Waters.
Speaker 11: We want to use our money right here in Washington, DC, in this country.
Speaker 9: We want to make.
Speaker 11: Sure that all about federal employees, about that this right.
Speaker 2: At that cut fired in the middle.
Speaker 1: Let me let me get it to you from the beginning, because the beginning's the fun part. And the fun part of this is that, as predicted, what's happening now is the multiplier effect, the force multiplier of the Trump victory, because Trump winning and stopping the left from another term and all of that saved the country right once again, Trump voters saved the country. But the other big thing we need is for the left to be exposed for the nut jobs they really are and the far left secular crazies they really are in order for us to get maximum long term benefit from this. And that's exactly what's happening before our eyes. So here's Maxine Waters and she's together with but we've got more sound from this.
Speaker 2: She's together with another big group of Dems.
Speaker 1: And they obviously at this point have completely lost it.
Speaker 9: We want to use our money, right.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm I I understand the process, my friend, I just once again humbly suggest that we invest more than fourteen ninety.
Speaker 2: System for this.
Speaker 1: Uh, unless it is the tools, what a good craftsman's going to lie? Right, So let's say you have the best possible sculptor, right, and let's say that that it's going to be the greatest creation since the Pieta. And you've got this beautiful, beautiful work of art almost done, Lucifer.
Speaker 2: And you go to swing the hammer.
Speaker 1: You go to swing the hammer that last little chisel and the head of the hammer flies off and it.
Speaker 2: Knocks off the head of the sculpture.
Speaker 1: You're going to blame. You're going to blame the craftsman. At that point, no nobody wants to hear this, but I'll bet this can. Literally, I've been on air here thirty years. This thing predates me. They didn't even have computer cent We have got.
Speaker 11: To tell Elon Musk.
Speaker 2: Nobody elected your.
Speaker 11: Ass, Nobody talk to you can get all of our private information. Nobody told you you could be in charge of the payments.
Speaker 2: Of this country.
Speaker 4: We have told you.
Speaker 11: You've made enough money off our government yourself, and now you want to take everybody else's payroll and make sure that they don't make the kind of money that you've made.
Speaker 1: He's broken her, right, I mean, that's just somebody who's lost it.
Speaker 2: How are all these members of Congress millionaires by the way, right right?
Speaker 1: And how is Elon Musk trying to make sure everybody doesn't make as much money as here? I mean, no, they're truly losing it. And the beauty is that people can see it. And I understand, if you're listening to this show, you're probably politically active on one side or the other're probably on the right, but politically active, you're dialed in.
Speaker 2: And we all know that the.
Speaker 1: Vast majority of American voters have chosen not to prioritize that, and so they're not dialed in every day, but they can see this. That's the point. We've reached, that flash point now where stuff like this cuts through the noise, and so much of it is happening.
Speaker 2: They can see, Wow, you know what this Democratic Party?
Speaker 1: It isn't what I thought the Democratic Party was because most people vote out of Habit right, most people vote.
Speaker 2: Democrat out of Habit.
Speaker 1: As a former Democrat, I know most people vote Democrat out of Habit But they've.
Speaker 2: Been exposed now.
Speaker 1: Which comes back to the President today signing that EO on no men in women's sports, an issue that if there is any one single issue that won the election for him, it's probably that one. Because they spent over one hundred million on those devastating ads, and I think it's probably true that a lot of that money came from Elon Musk, who's been pretty smart about how he spends his money, and those ads cut through, and I think those ads may very well have been the difference maker, as they should have been, because, as we've talked about, nothing really exposes the modern Democratic Party for what it truly has become. Then this really bizarre, surreal anti science devotion, devotion to approvably false premise that there are more than two genders, and to this barbarity of making it their priority to make sure that all these kids who want to can get chemically altered or surgically altered or whatever. It's it's bizarre, it's illogical, it's in humane. But it's become next to abortion, kind of the dual altar of the Democratic Party, and.
Speaker 2: It's just exposed them.
Speaker 1: And that's what's going to work so great long term for America and for the GOP because people see that, Yeah, once again Trump's getting it done. So oh yeah, I think go you know, look at voting GOP in the future for those who don't. And then the other thing is, you see how goofy the left is. Even Kimmel admitted it. Right, let me play that sound before we take calls and texts. This is Jimmy Kimmel who ends this by saying, we are so blanked and he's talking from the left, and he's right.
Speaker 2: There are so many lies coming out of his mouth.
Speaker 9: There's so much damage being done.
Speaker 3: But we are not gonna sit back and take it. Our leaders on the left are gonna stand up for what's right.
Speaker 8: We are gonna fight this fight. I am gonna.
Speaker 6: Stand with you in this fight, and we will win.
Speaker 2: We will win. We well whin.
Speaker 8: We will win.
Speaker 2: We will win.
Speaker 11: We will We won't rest.
Speaker 2: We won't rest. We won't rest. We won't rest. Oh we are So what's Jimmy Kimmel?
Speaker 8: We are we are doing?
Speaker 2: And he's right. Doomed is the word for it.
Speaker 1: Because people aren't going back, right, I mean, once they've seen the truth about what this modern Democratic party is, only the hardcores are staying there. Isn't that the latest polling ryn I thought the latest national poll I saw Quinnipiac Democrat Party favorables.
Speaker 2: Were down in the low thirties. Yeah, unfavorable was fifty seven, yeah, right.
Speaker 1: Right right, So but the biggest thing is people aren't going backwards now when it comes to the benefits.
Speaker 2: To their own life.
Speaker 1: I mean, all these raids, people see, they know these raids are not to get people who came here I legally and have been living peacefully and they're nice people and everything else. All these raids are to get people who came here I legally and are committing other crimes.
Speaker 2: So everybody knows their.
Speaker 1: Community just got safer today. Denver just got safer today with these raids. Colorado just got safer with those raids out in Adams County. Everybody knows that they're not going to want to go.
Speaker 3: Back thirty one percent of registered voters have a favorable.
Speaker 2: Beginning of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and yeah, those numbers may bounce up and down a little bit, but people are not going to go back now enough for the Democrats.
Speaker 2: To think about that. Dan, it's three and ten. Yeah, horrifying.
Speaker 1: And I'd like to talk to those three and figure out what they're thinking, wouldn't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were downtown today.
Speaker 1: Got some Texters who are talking about this very important story. We did the whole show yesterday. Saw squeeze in a couple. Dan, I'm an outdoorsman and I would have attempted to save the elk right away.
Speaker 2: That's said.
Speaker 1: I want to illustrate to you why you're overdoing this story if you are not willing to question the actions of the rescuers. Here goes, if it was a human stuck in that snow under the same circumstances, be a child, a woman, or a young, healthy, strapping young man, and there were no first responders in route, do you think those available would wait all night to try to rescue that person, and then after waiting all night, sit down and have breakfast together before they would start their rescue. Of course not And thank you for the text. But here, I think is the obvious difference, and the very quick background of the story is beautiful elk caught up to its neck and snow in a large backyard of a woman in steamboat. She calls parks and wildlife please come save the elk. They refuse, let nature take its course. Garbage, I say, bureaucratic laziness, nonsense, unacceptable in a civilized society to let that creature of God suffer physical pain, emotional pain, and die a slow, tortureous death. So they refuse, and the woman says, I've to get I got to do something. And this heroic resident calls people. They come from miles away. They're their first thing in the morning with shovels to dig the elk out, and then when they're having breakfast before going out, because that's going to be a hard job, the elk perishes. But here's the difference, my friend, as I see it, the difference is that, first of all, I think these people should be so admired the citizens for going to that trouble to save the elk, and the state should be condemned for not saving the elk. But because it's an elk. I think they could have reasonably thought that the elk might might survive, you know, in another day or whatever, so unlike with the human. Okay, we're all humans, we know how all that works. You know, the human's not going to survive. So I think there's that critical difference. And I do think there's a difference between a human and an elk. Obviously, I value the elk very, very highly because it was created by God. It's a living creature that feels pain, that has emotions, and so that's why I'm so outraged the state did not save this elk. But there is a difference between the value of human and the value of an elk. So for those reasons, I respectfully disagree, the biggest one being if it's an elk, I could see the people thinking, you know that the elk would make it longer than it made it, But for the state to let that creature sit there and suffer like that, no, we can't accept that.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kaplas Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: One of the most important outcomes of this Trump victory. That's another gift that we'll keep on giving. One of the most baffling texts I've ever received. Dan, your comparison between a person and an elk being stuck in the snow is not even valid exclamation points. Stop embarrassing yourself by making comments like that. I understand those are English words and they're strung together, but what is this person trying to say? The only thing I said is that the wonderful people of Steamboat who banded together to rescue that elk that should have been saved by the state. That beautiful creature should not have been allowed to die like that. But the wonderful people who banded together could easily think it's an elk. It can survive longer than a human. Whereas the texture had asked if the human was buried in the snow, they wouldn't have waited till morning.
Speaker 2: Am I missing something?
Speaker 9: Ryan?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it be perfectly reasonable for somebody to think we've got an elk buried in the snow up to its neck. I've called the state, they won't respond. I'm organizing friends to come out and save the elk, and we'll do it in the morning. Wouldn't you have a reasonable belief that the elk could survive till morning, whereas a human would not.
Speaker 2: Exactly two parts to this one.
Speaker 3: I would always prioritize a human life or over an animal's life. I just would. So that's the first part, and the second is exactly what you said. The chance of an elk, the way that it's built, the fur that it has to survive in that scenario is a lot higher percentage and for a lot longer time. I would anticipate then a human stuck up to their neck in a snow bank.
Speaker 1: And we're going to try to get the wonderful woman on the show who who organize the rescue party for the elk, and I imagine she'll confirm this, But.
Speaker 2: In this situation, it just seems to me that.
Speaker 1: She must have at a very high level of confidence that the elk could make it through the night, and that's why they waited. I would have that confidence, right. So I see somebody who is just a real hero going out of her way along with her friends to rescue a wonderful creature.
Speaker 2: My criticism is of the state.
Speaker 1: The state really needed to step in there, and it needs to step in in other circumstances like that. Dan police need to order the protesters to leave or pay the consequences. We're getting a number of texts about this protest at the capitol.
Speaker 2: Is it ongoing right now?
Speaker 8: Ryan?
Speaker 2: Can you check with the newsroom Texters, Yeah, I will.
Speaker 3: I know that it was at several state capitals today including Lansing, Michigan, and several others in here in Denver, Colorado, and John Fabricatory got caught in the middle of it.
Speaker 2: I could check in with him for you if you like him to talk about.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, sure, and would really love to know whether it's still going on because the text came in a little bit ago that says was just at the capitol and that protest is full of younger kids. Wouldn't be surprised if we see some mayhem when night falls.
Speaker 2: We hope not.
Speaker 1: But that goes back to the point that the Left has implicitly green lighted and I would say encouraged violence and property discussion for a long time now. I mean it goes back for this, but you look back to after the death of George Floyd, when the Left was allowed to rampage, not by our wonderful law enforcement, but by people in charge, including Jared Poulis, who, as I recall it literally abandoned his post and disappeared for a couple of days while the left tore up downtown and desecrated the capitol, which poulis allowed to stay in that state for months, by the way, So I do think there's been this implicit encouragement green lighting from the left for property destruction other lawless type actions. So let's hope there isn't any of that. I do come back to the question nobody's quite answered yet on why are the folks who are protesting the deportations carrying Mexican flags? Because if you're saying people shouldn't be deported to Mexico, why are you carrying a Mexican flag?
Speaker 2: If you think.
Speaker 1: Mexico is that great that you're carrying around a Mexican flag in America, wouldn't you want.
Speaker 2: The people to be sent there? I do not understand that logic. Bill and Inglewood. You're on the Dan Kapla show.
Speaker 8: Welcome, Hi Dan, Thanks very much.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 8: I remember the last time that our Fearless Wolf leader released the new batch of wolves, one of the comments made was that they've learned their mistake and it cost a lot more money to patrol the wolves than they thought, so they've figured it out out how to do it. So my question is how much money is being spent on a yearly basis by the patrols that are going around and following the wolves. Can I imagine that's a big number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good question, my friend.
Speaker 1: You The latest number we've seen just for the whole wolf ree introduction nonsense is a little.
Speaker 2: Over five million.
Speaker 8: Oh Jesus, yeah, will say this thing works with the animals and snow. You really need horses to get into snow depth to even have a chance of getting an animal that large out. But the other thing I wanted to get to is can we find out who is going to be on the committee? Uh? When are Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, I'll dig that up. Thank you, Bill, appreciate the call, and everybody online please we'll get you on right at the start of the next segment.
Speaker 2: But I had talked earlier about how.
Speaker 1: You know lawless Mike Johnston of Denver, the mayor there, had said he's going to appear before that congressional committee.
Speaker 2: Of course he is, because they have no real chance.
Speaker 1: To pin him down. There's no judge. He's just going to deceive. He's going to fill a buster. Of course he's going.
Speaker 2: To show up there here on the Dan Kaplas Show.
Speaker 9: Lenn he went to college and racked up huge.
Speaker 2: Debt, a little bit over one hundred thousand dollars for.
Speaker 9: A degree he couldn't use.
Speaker 2: Now what, I had a friend that went to my computer career.
Speaker 9: They even helped him get hired immediately after graduation.
Speaker 10: One of the things I love about ideas that you can work from anywhere you want.
Speaker 9: You could become an IT pro in just months, including cybersecurity and the basics of AI, with zero experience at my computer career dot edu.
Speaker 2: It worked for me, and I know it can work for you.
Speaker 9: This is one students experience. Individual results vary.
Speaker 1: If you're looking for quality service products and plum crazy deals, think plumb Line services and carrier. Whether staying warm this winter, clearing drains, or other plumbing and electrical issues depend on Plumbline