Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Tam Case, Hi everybody, and I'll welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: Hope you're well on this Saturday night.
Speaker 2: You're Los Angeles Dodgers first place atop the NL West. Their lead though just two and a half games over the Padres Dodgers sixty seven to forty nine on this season. After winning the series opener against the Pirates last night, the Dodgers look to do it again tonight with a handful of alumni in town this weekend, and tonight Walter O'Malley being inducted into the Dodgers Ring of Honor. More on that coming up, great pitching matchup on hand River, Ryan Paul Skens on the mound, Dodgers Pirates first pitch coming up at six ' ten. Coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We got a lot to get to. We're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. More on Walter O'Malley, who is becoming the fifteenth person to be inducted into the Dodgers' Ring of honor his son, former Dodger owner Peter O'Malley in attendance for this pregame ceremony. Forty Dodger alumni on the field as well being honored its alumni weekend last night. Of course, Dusty Baker honored as one of the Dodger legends of baseball, so a big weekend out of Dodger Stadium. Tomorrow, Matt kemp will be honored as the Dodgers celebrate their former players and their former owner as well well.
Speaker 3: Last night, the.
Speaker 2: Dodgers scored early and scored often for Jack Flerity, who was dealing at Dodger Stadium. Jack Flerity made his first start at the Ravine in a Dodger uniform.
Speaker 3: The Pride of Burbank.
Speaker 2: Pitched into the sixth inning and allowed four runs on nine hits while striking out ten along the way. The Dodgers offense gave Jack Flerty plenty of run support to work with. In the first inning, Freddie Freeman got it started with the solo blast.
Speaker 4: Girls on toy the right field corner, and it is gone.
Speaker 3: A hole bro.
Speaker 5: A hard line drive.
Speaker 4: Not a lot of alptitude, but it got out in a hurry.
Speaker 6: Dodgers with the early lead.
Speaker 5: I'm Freddy Freeman, seventeenth home run.
Speaker 4: Of the year.
Speaker 2: Seventeenth home run of the season for Freeman. Dodgers up one to nothing. In the third, Dodgers offense really got it going. Andy Pott has a one out walk. Next batter show he Otani hit his thirty fifth home run of the season, four hundred and forty eight feet to center field. Dodgers up three to nothing, and they're just getting started. To Oscar Hernandez a walk, Freddie Freeman a double that brought up the struggling Will Smith LA.
Speaker 4: All the stars are up.
Speaker 7: Oh a little excuse me, swing and that's gonna fall in fair to right field. Here comes ta Oscar to score, Here comes Freddy to score.
Speaker 4: And I didn't mean to do it, but.
Speaker 7: I'm glad I did hit for Will. Smith drives in two more and the Dodgers leave hit five nothing.
Speaker 4: I don't want to swing. I don't want to swing.
Speaker 3: Oh nice swing, two runs single for Will.
Speaker 2: He needed that. One under one hundred so far in the month of August. That is the top tier play of the game. Sponsored by Arco quality, top tier gas for less Dodgers a five to nothing lead, and they still weren't done. Two batters later. Miguel Rojas an RBI single, Dodgers with five runs in the third inning, go up six to nothing. In the fourth, Dodgers and Pirates exchange runs. Ta Oscar Hernandez an RBI single Dodgers with a seven to one lead. In the fifth, Jack Flherty got touched up a little bit. A three run home run with two outs to the inning minuted a seven to four Dodgers lead, but they got two of those runs back in the bottom of the inning. Keiko Hernandez's seventh home run of the season, a two run shot, Dodgers up nine to four. They go on and beat the Pirates last night by a final of nine to five, six different Dodger players driving in runs. Jack Flerity gets to win his second in a Dodger uniform, Dodgers now sixty seven and forty nine, first place atop the NL West River Ryan on the mound tonight in the second game of this three game series, Paul Skeins goes for the Pirates first pitch, coming up at six to ten and with more we head out of the Gallpu Motors broadcast booth, as we say hello to Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, thanks very much, Tim.
Speaker 7: It is a sunny and warm evening here at Dodgers Stadium. Dodgers and Pirates, Game two of this three game weekend set. The Dodgers start to night sixty seven and forty nine. Well, the Pirates are fifty six and fifty nine. So tonight Paul Skenes, who started the All Star Game for the National League and is one of the leading contenders for National League Rookie of the Year, He'll go for Pittsburgh River. Ryan Dodger Rookie will go for the Dodgers, and tonight show, Hey, Otani can do something with just one little double that only two other Dodgers have done before, and Moe. If he gets one more double, he'll have thirty doubles, thirty five home runs, thirty two stolen bases. He would become the third ever Dodger to be a thirty thirty thirty guy. Only Matt Kemp in twenty eleven and Roal Mondesy in nineteen ninety seven have done it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Matt Kemp is going to be hearing the fact he's here this weekend, it's really amazing. We look at Otani, he's on a different level and we're gonna have to keep score as far as all the different records that he is accumulating and in atmosphere that does not really get to approach that often, not only hitting the ball the distance wisely how frequently he hits it, the timely hit that he has, and then you look at the home runs and the doubles and the RBIs is truly as amazing. And for Otani has set the stage as the designated hitter and baton the leedo spot is a big, big deal with.
Speaker 7: His offense and the way the offense looks tonight pretty similar to last night in the top part of the order, the middle part of the order, but the bottom part of the order is completely different. Austin Barnes hitting seventh, Kevin kier Myers in center field batting eight, and Nick Ahmed at shortstop hitting ninth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and for Dave Roberts are kind of changing things around a little bit more. And the Dodgers have seen Paul Skens. We'll talk about him a little bit later on, but this Dodge ball club needs to figure out how to hit the heat because the Skens can rush it up there. He'll light up the radar guns. But the Dodgers need to light up the win column because we start to look at the last fifty games the Dodgers have played. There are just two games over the five hundred mark. And this is a better ball club. Yes, they've been beat up. Yes they have people on the injury list, some of them are going to be coming back. Mookie Bens will be back on Monday with the Dodgers go to Milwaukee. In the meantime, the Dodgers need to string some more victories because both San Diego and Arizona, those two teams are knocking on the door, and the door, well, that knock gets louder and louder.
Speaker 7: Update on Mookie Betsy took live BP again today. They had a SIM game for him today, played in right field as well, and where it is Tomorrow. He'll take batting practice on the field in the regular slot the Dodgers normally would, and then he'll get on the plane with the Dodgers after the game and head to Milwaukee and start in right field on Monday and bat's second.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's going to be a big, big deal because since Mookie Bets has been out, Taskar Hernanez has played right field. He's done a very good job, hit close to three hundred in when he has been in the right field position. But everyone else is hitting collectively just twoh eight and that's not going to get it done. So yes, welcome back soon, Mookie Betts.
Speaker 7: And a note on Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Dodger pitcher has been out for quite a while.
Speaker 4: He seems to be doing very very well at this point.
Speaker 7: He'll have a bullpen session on Tuesday here and then we'll join the team in Saint Louis on Friday and we'll pitch against hitters. He'll have live VP in Saint Louis on Friday. So Yamamoto getting a little closer to coming back. Certainly the Dodgers could use his talented right arm and Ryan Brazier, who is in Oklahoma City getting a little closer to coming back. Max Monthly and Tommy Edmund in the lineup for Oklahoma City tonight as they continue to get healthy and.
Speaker 4: Get ready to return to the big league roster.
Speaker 7: Pirates and Dodgers Paul Skeens and River Ryan the pitching match yep, that's what we've got to look forward to tonight.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thank you very much, as we can't get down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on. It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor or your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot com. We're often running on this Saturday night Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues.
Speaker 3: We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: We'll check in with David Vas say, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup up next. So you're Otani. Rewind and we'll hear from Kirsten Watson. So leads up to Dodgers and Pirates. First pitch is six ten. Thanks for being with us, Tim katsus Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorongo Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Pirates River Ryan Paul schemes the pitching matchup game two of this three game weekend series.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at six ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewinde.
Speaker 7: He is eligible to come off the injured list on a fifteenth of this month. There goes Pis for second. Otani hits a high five Hotto center.
Speaker 4: Way back in go tu on home round.
Speaker 6: Show hell Otani his thirty fifth of the season.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers lead up three nothing.
Speaker 7: Oh, that was a blast just to the right of the batter's eye and center field.
Speaker 2: Show Hey Otani with home run number thirty five. You one one for four last night with two Ribby's now hitting three O two show hey of course, part of the thirty thirty club now with thirty five home runs and thirty two stolen bases. The Otani rewind brought to you by eto Ins Oiocha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that shoey Otani loves and drinks available at your local DISO stores, Amazon and Etoin dot com. That's I T O e N dot com. This is Kirston's corner with Watson Okay. Kiarson now joins us before game two of this three game set.
Speaker 3: Alumni weekend.
Speaker 2: Of course, Walter O'Malley being honored on Dodger Stadium tonight. It's a great ceremony. Taking place. Here's been a great pitching matchup on the mound tonight. Paul Skeene's a talk of baseball at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's almost like you have this really cool dynamic because we're seeing some of the best of the younger players and we're getting to see some of the greatest of just the older generation of the veterans who are now in the legends of Dodger Baseball. So tonight's going to be a special one. You mentioned Walter O'Malley just being inducted to the Ring of Honor, so his family will be here represent him tonight. That'll be really nice and seeing just what they're gonna do to unveil him in the Ring of Honor here inside Dodger Stadium. And then there are just players from so many different decades. There's gonna be about forty legends who informer Dodger players who are going to be here. So that'll be a really fun one. And they guess, as you mentioned, they're gonna watch this incredible matchup River Ryan, who's just proven that he was someone who's called up a bit a go and he is shown definitely does play at the Big League level, and he belongs to this level, and he's been a really just kind of fun I guess rookie moment we've been having. And then you've got Paul Skans, who's got the best era in Major League Baseball, and so we've seen him once before this year and you get to see him again, I think will be a fun one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt seeing Paul Skeans. The Dodgers have seen him once at PNC Park and he struck out Showy Otani to start off the game with three pitches over all hundred miles an hour. I know the Dodgers want to get this guy out of the game as quickly as possible.
Speaker 8: They do, especially because he's someone who not only has the ability to be efficient go deep into the game, but he is he's been lights out, and so they have to find a way to kind of get the pitch coron up, you know. The we hopefully we can see the home runs that we saw last night, But more importantly, it's just about what can you do to get to the bullpen because the bullpen has been there a weaker just kind of peete as of late. As much as last night, her mom did a great jobs kind of maintaining things for them as of late. That's been the part that it may not be getting to Paul schemes, but maybe just having come along at bats, I like the pitches off things like that to then just increase his pitch counts, but that you have a quicker chance of getting to the bullpen. That might be what the key is got to be aggressive against him.
Speaker 2: After this homestand the Dodgers will hit the road, starting off in Milwaukee, and we could have a Walker Bueler.
Speaker 8: Signing Yeah, I mean Curson Lukey Pet's viewing once he gets in on Monday, and then the plan is that on on Wednesday. As of right now, we can see Walker Bueler taking the mound And what does that mean for the rotation. It does sound like just what they haven't made any decisions just yet, but just considering that the four game series in Milwaukee then a three game series to follow that in Saint Louis, it does seem like, just kind of looking at what the schedule looks like, it might make sense to kind of have a six man rotation for now, so we'll kind of see what his return means to the rotation. What it means to just the pitching plan and moving forward. But yeah, it's crazy to think it's coming off of a really strong outing in Triple A with OKC. So this is the next step for him. What everyone is before you get to see him back on the mountain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it's the walker viewer of old that we can get back out there on the mount Kirson, we appreciate it.
Speaker 3: We'll check it back in with you after the game.
Speaker 2: Dodgers fans and hands are listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by our friends at LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lacare dot org. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitch matchup. David Vats is going to go one on one with Miguel Rojas. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Leading up to Dodgers Empirates on Alumni Weekend, first pitch of six ten. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for LA Dodgers Faceball Maronggo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead, you have to first pitch on this Saturday Night Dodgers and Pirates Alumni weekend. Walter O'Malley being inducted into the Dodgers' Ring of Honor Morongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good Times River. Ryan Paul schemes the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at six ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers Injury reports.
Speaker 2: Any about UCLA healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Bruce Dark graderol back on the iel at the hamstring injury, Blake trying it on the iel at the left hip discomfort, Chris Taylor still on the iel at that left groin strain. Mookie Betts he's on the iel at the fraction of left hand, but set to come off on this next upcoming road trip that starts on Monday in Milwaukee. Yoshinobu Yamamoto is throwing bullpen sessions. He is progressing. Walker Buehler hopefully will join this Dodgers team on this next road trip as well. After a final minor league rehabit start just a couple of days ago in Oklahoma City, Max Munsey getting closer and Ryan Brasier as well.
Speaker 3: All right, let's tep back out.
Speaker 2: To Dodgers Stadium and check out the Dodgers skipper anything else?
Speaker 5: Dave Questions for Dave.
Speaker 4: Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 3: The dugouts with Dave Robberts.
Speaker 6: Dave, Alumni weekend is continuing. You're in that category. How special is it for you to see what you saw, participate like you did last night and be part of a special ceremony today.
Speaker 9: It's great. It's a great weekend for the Dodgers, for the alumni, certainly last night for Dusty Baker, getting him back at Dodger Stadium, his family, some of his old teammates, and you know, you've got everyone from Sandy Kofax to Sean Green to everybody here. So it's going to be a great day today, great weekend and exciting for Dodger fans.
Speaker 6: Do you still feel the bond with some of those teammates that come back for these type of weekends?
Speaker 9: I do, you know, I think that life happens and you just sort of lose touch with guys. Can kind of keep in touch a little bit, but give somebody a hug and share some stories, remin us a little bit.
Speaker 4: That's always nice.
Speaker 6: Not sure if you saw, but Team USA Basketball team Men's won the gold medal today. There's a lot of talk about Major League Baseball players being part of a USA Baseball team when it comes to LA. What's your thoughts on that? Do you feel like that's realistic, possible?
Speaker 9: I think anything's possible. You know, I've got a chance to see Steph Curry take the game over, which is fun to watch. But obviously we've got the WBC, which has gained a lot of traction, a lot of interest. But you're looking at twenty twenty eight Los Angeles hosting the Olympics, and I just think that there's.
Speaker 3: A way, all right.
Speaker 2: That's Dave Roberts down in the dugout getting his pregame thoughts. Brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right, and he's got a plan before his team is the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. At Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at servicetitan dot com. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with the David Veasey as we lead up to first pitch. Dodgers and Pirates in the ravine. I'm Tim Kates and this is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on tach on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Pirates on this Saturday Night River. Ryan Paul schemes the pitching matchup Game two of this three game set. First pitch coming up at six ' ten. The umpiring crew for tonight's game, brought to you by Fred Loya Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger inside there. David Basse, all.
Speaker 2: Right, dv A lot's been talked about the last twenty four hours. Mookie Betts. Now he's gonna go back to right field. What's going on with this whole story?
Speaker 6: Well, Dave Roberts, from my understanding, was one hundred percent candid. My understanding was there was a simulated game here on Thursday, Mooki gave it a tried shortstop and you felt, like Dave described yesterday, he was most confident at right field. And like we talked about yesterday, Tim, this is not May or June. There is only forty five games to go, forty six if you include tonight to go in the season. The Dodgers' lead in the NLST has evaporated, So Mooki understands there needs to be a sense of urgency. Tryout time is over and he feels confident in right field. So Dave Roberts was actually telling me earlier today. Look, I give a lot of credit to Mooki because he was the one that initiated this conversation and was very honest a with himself and be honest with Dave Roberts. So all this is on Mookie Betts and just being with himself and understanding that the Dodgers have Nick Ahmed, Miguel Rojas and if necessary, Kei k Hernandez who have a lot more experience at shortstop, and the Dodgers need Mooki in right field because Dodger right fielders outside of ta Oscar Hernandez are hitting two toh eight this season. They need some offense. And you know, Jason Hayward has done a great job defensively, tim as you've seen, But Mooki's a six time Goal Globe Award winner. Some that have seen Willie Mays play the outfield tell me that Mookie Betts is right on par with the greatness of Willie Mays in the outfield.
Speaker 2: Wow, David is driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, it's choices. Find yours with the four f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This mark can be only called the f one fifty all right, he alluded to.
Speaker 5: It, David.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be some roster crunching here. Who are some of the guys maybe on the bubble once the regular guys come back.
Speaker 6: Look, the Dodgers have made no secret about it. They have some tough decisions to make because after the game tomorrow, the Dodgers leave for a seven game road trip, and Mookie Betts is going to be activated on Monday in Milwaukee. They need to make not only a twenty six man roster move, but also a six forty man roster move with Mooki coming off the sixty day IL, and you look at Ahmed Rosario, you look at Nick Ahmed. Those would be probably two of the bubble players that the Dodgers are considering. And once Tommy Edmund and Max Munsey come back in a week or so, the Dodgers have even more tough decisions to make. So Tomorrow's the first start because they don't want that player to get on the plane after the game if they're not going to be part of the Dodger roster. Monday and Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Alumni Weekend David forty Dodger alumni in town for the celebration last night. Of course for Dusty Baker. Matt Cam's going to be honored tomorrow tonight. Walter O'Malley fifteenth person inducted to the Dodgers' Ring of Honor.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a cool we the Dodgers to put together.
Speaker 6: It really is tim And what makes franchises like the Dodgers special is not just because the name on the front. It's because of the history and successful history of the organization that goes back to Brooklyn with the nineteen fifty five and early fifties boys. This summer it obviously continued here in Los Angeles, and Walter O'Malley is a villain back in Brooklyn, but he's a hero here in Los Angeles. And without him, the Dodgers would not be here, and Dodgers Stadium certainly would not be where it is. So Peter O'Malley is here to honor his late father. And how about this, tim just to put it into context on how much Walter O'Malley meant to so many. When I interviewed Vince Gully for the first time in twenty twelve, he told me in these words, I have two dying wishes before I leave this mortal coil. One was to have Gil Hodges go into the Hall of Fame. The other was Walter O'Malley to be in the Hall of Fame. So you know, Vin Scully is smiling down with the rainbow from heaven today because Walter O'Malley now will be honored at the place that he built, Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 3: No doubt about that. Well, put David, we'll check back in with you in just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from Miguel Rojas will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next you Dodgers Magical Moment. Don't go anywhere. We're leading you up to Dodgers and Pirates on this Saturday night. First pitch is six ten. I'm Tim Keats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Pirates on this Saturday night. River Ryan Paul schemes a pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at six ten.
Speaker 1: Who It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. Ditch Magical Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to October ninth, nineteen seventy four, Game four of the NLCS, Dodgers taken on the Pirates. This is the only time these two teams have met in the postseason, and the Dodgers took care of business at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 10: So above all, our heartiest congratulations to every one of the twenty five players. It has been a long year and at no time did they quit on themselves and it has sure paid off.
Speaker 4: Hold off got him swinging.
Speaker 10: The Dodgers are the champions of the National League.
Speaker 3: Van Scully on the call.
Speaker 2: Dodgers beat the Pirates twelve to one in Game four of the NLCS back in nineteen seventy four. Steve Garvey had two home runs in that Game four. Don Sutton picked up the victory, his second in the NLCS, as the Dodgers advanced to face the Oakland A's in the nineteen seventy four World Series. Offee magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, a SOCl treasure for over one hundred years. Visit hoffebrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Haffey hot Dogs. But we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check back in with Rick Monday. So lean you up to first pitch Dodgers and Pirates. I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network is Lorongo Casino. Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Pirates on this Saturday night River, Ryan Paul Schemes, the Pitching Mad, Jebbill Dive deeper into the numbers. Coming up in just a little bit. First pitch coming up at six ten. Dodgers fans, start your future at a California community college. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and yeah, sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 3: It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 2: Classes can fill up quickly, So enrolled today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: And now, David Basse here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Well it's time for my number one guy, Rick Monday on the pregame show with Oral Hersheiser in the balcony.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's there's a backstory to this. As ORL is looking on and he's smiling because as I walked into the booth and we're on the we're in the in the broadcast booth right now, ORL was here and you made a comment that we had to get this done on the pregame show. So yeah, ORL says, Oh, you're number one guy, you don't have time for me. So that's the reason for the lead in, folks, for David Vasse at the pleasure of the consternation of Oral Herscheizer, who's still yeah, he's waving from the back row.
Speaker 6: Hey, I don't play favorites. You guys are both my number one guys.
Speaker 5: No, you do play favorites. Is whoever's closest and the most convenient. That's your number one guy. Let's let's come down to brass tax.
Speaker 6: Well number one guy, Rick Monday is closest to me right now. So Rick, I'm all yours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it works out well. You know, the Dodgers, here's a number that I that I ran across in for the Dodgers. They've got to take care of some business because you begin to look at the last you know, fifty some games, the Dodgers are just what is it, two games over the five hundred park in that period of time, better ball game last night, and I think they get it the work cutout for them tonight with you know, with Skemes on the mound for the Pittsburgh Pirates. And I think if you're looking at the Dodgers, I mean, this is the time that I think you can kind of look forward and say, hey, look things are trending. That's the words of David. David Roberts. I should say, also, David say uses it. But trending in the right direction because some guys are getting healthy. That being also, Mookie Betts will rejoin the club as we understand Monday when they go to Milwaukee and start the seven game road trip in Milwaukee and then on to Saint Louis. So some guys are getting healthy. You have Bueller and with Miller, they had good outings in their rehabs. They're getting closer to come back. When that's going to be, we don't but the Dodgers A have to get healthy and b they have to play better baseball on a consistent basis.
Speaker 4: No doubt.
Speaker 6: It's a division race, three team race between the Dodgers, Diamondbacks and Padres. How envious do you believe Freddie Freeman's teammates are of him? After missing nine games, he just picks up where he left off.
Speaker 5: It's like he turned the page. You know, you read a book and to put a bookmarker in the page, it might be a week before you come back and finish that chapter you're reading. That's what Freddy Freeman is able to do. And he's done it from both ends, from getting jammed and getting a base hit, knocking in runs to hitting a home run. On top of it, I think the guys are remarkable too. From a standpoint is that even when Freddy was out for a while, he was able to swing the bat a little bit. He worked with his dad a couple of different days. On top of that as well, the biggest thing is, yes, he's getting some bass hits. That's the nice thing. The greatest thing is Max's son is doing better and better, and a lot of prayers are going in the direction of the Freeman family.
Speaker 6: Rick Alumni Weekend continues, You're a big part of Dodger history. How great is it for you to see former teammates and also the young kids that you helped groom like Oral Herscheys.
Speaker 5: We again, since since Orl is here, let's go back to his rookie rookie year when he came back up. The only reason he's still in the booth is we're doing this. We're going to head down to the luncheon, and he didn't know where it was going to be located, so he's going to go with us. That's the only reason he's hanging out with us right now. David, I don't want you to think this because he believes that we're important or that he believes he wants to hang out with us. He doesn't know the directions on how to get to where we're headed.
Speaker 11: ORL do you need directions?
Speaker 6: You need veteran leadership from Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 12: I've been texting Carrie Osborne, head of the alumni relations, and it's out at the Gold Bar. Yes, yes, bring your jersey, he said. Remind you I have my jersey.
Speaker 5: I've had it for a number of days. I was here an event, a fundraiser on Thursday. ORL. Well, you were out you know, you know, polishing your golf clubs. I guess now that I know where to go.
Speaker 4: I'm leaving.
Speaker 6: Hey, Rick, we're out of time.
Speaker 5: Hey, if we'd known that we've done it before.
Speaker 6: Great to be with my two number one guys, Rick Monday and orl.
Speaker 4: Herscheines.
Speaker 5: There, I was expanded because you may go to him you front runner tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow, Tim, I'm I'm in a Rick Monday and orl. Hirscheiser pickle. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you, DV, thank you.
Speaker 2: Most special night out of Dodgers Stadium as the Great Walter O'Malley is inducted into the Dodgers Ring of Honor. His son former owner Dodger Former Dodger owner Peter O'Malley in attendance for this pregame ceremony with the unveiling of his father's Ring of Honor emblem. All right, Dodgers Baseball brought you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every l A Weekend. Find out more at Speedy Cash dot commer stoping in LA Area, Speedy Cash Store.
Speaker 3: Still to come here.
Speaker 2: On Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitcheet matchup. Rick Monday and Tim Nevert will have the keys to the game.
Speaker 3: But I'm next.
Speaker 2: We go high and tight with Miguel Rojas. Dodgers Empirates first pitch on this Saturday night, coming up at sixty ten. I'm Tim Katsis is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers Empirates on this alumni weekend. River Ryan and Paul Schemes. The pitching matchup. First pitch from Dodgers Stadium is coming up at six ' ten. Dodgers Baseball's presented by Children's Hospital Los Angeles. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital LA rank number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at CCHLA dot org.
Speaker 1: David and now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: We're here with Dodgers shortstop Miguel Rojas. Miguel, thanks a lot for the time and always the pre shait you delivering on the field and for us.
Speaker 13: Yeah, of course, anytime that you guys need me. It's a pleasure talking to you.
Speaker 11: Guys.
Speaker 6: It's great to see the smile back on your face. How tough was it to watch and just be patient with the healing process?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I guess that's that's all I can do.
Speaker 13: When you feeling something throughout the year that you can really like play through, it's really hard and it's a challenge for you to stay focused on what you need to do to get back on the field as soon as possible.
Speaker 11: And that's exactly what I tried to do.
Speaker 13: I try to work myself as hard as I can every single day to come back in the minimum time, and I'm happy that I'm back with the guys. And I mean it was really tough to watch on TV for sure, but at the end of the day, we got a lot of time left and were ready.
Speaker 6: You were one of the first key players to come back from the injured list, Mookie coming back Monday. Do you feel like with yourself, Mookie and the rest coming back that can restore order to the season.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, I feel like we've been opened down this year, and part of that is injuries on the pitching side and the offensive side. But at the end of the day, we got a pretty good team that can actually fill in.
Speaker 11: For the players who went down.
Speaker 13: Unfortunately, a bunch of us went down at the same time, especially with the Freddie situation and his family situation that he have to stay away from the team for so long.
Speaker 11: And a guy I know Freddy.
Speaker 13: Take care of his family, and uh, he cares about his family a lot, but he's pretty hard on himself when he comes to like not playing every single day. So the same way I feel, and the same way Mookie feels, the same way Max Montsterfield, and I feel like everybody creating momentum coming back, I think inspire others to trying to come back as soon as possible.
Speaker 6: To Miguel, You've been around a lot of great players in your career. Have you ever seen a player of Mookie's caliber be so flexible to move positions and do what's best for the team.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I feel like that's what a superstars is like.
Speaker 13: You know, it doesn't matter what happened on the field, but he's always willing to do whatever is best for the team at the moment, you know. Uh, And that kind of flexibility you don't find any anybody else. I feel like this is the first time that I play with a guy who won multiple silverl Slogers Gold Gloves in right field and he's willing to move to the infielder. And it's not just to to the to the dirt, but to short stop, which is one of the hardest positions to play in the sport. And I mean all the all the credits to him for for being what the what is the best for the team, And that's what a superstart and a.
Speaker 6: Leader should be looking like, looking like Hey, speaking of shortstop, it is the most amending position on the field outside of catcher. How do you make it look so easy? How do you have those instincts? Is it just something that you had at a young age or is it something you learned over time.
Speaker 13: I feel like I've been playing the position for like for a long time, almost my whole life, ever since I remember going.
Speaker 11: To a field. I wanted to be a short stop.
Speaker 13: That comes from like watching really good short stop early in my age, like Marvi Scale, the Big Consection on Louis Aparisio and all those guys coming from Venezuela. We we uh produce a lot of good short stops in my in my jown age. So I was watching them and I was trying to emulate the way that they play short and I meant, at this point it takes a little bit more of preparation for me because I'm thirty five years old and I'm trying to like stay on the on the top of the game defensively, and I just stay pride on them, and I just stay pride of playing good defense behind my guys, and that's what keeps me in the in the in the Big League for so many years.
Speaker 6: Hey, so fair to say Venezuela is the country of shortstops.
Speaker 11: It used to be. It used to be that way. I feel like we still have.
Speaker 13: Some representative on like the short stop from Colorado. I Seekultobar, and we have Brian Rocky in clevelandand and we have a couple other guys. But right now it's trending more towards the catchers because we have a lot of catchers in the big leagues right now. But definitely when I when I was growing up, it was I mean, we produce a lot of good short stops.
Speaker 6: Hey, before I let you go, tomorrow is Matt camp Day. You were teammates with Matt Camp when you first got called up. Is it surreal to realize that you're still playing and tomorrow he's officially retiring.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's crazy to see how many players that I play with now they're coaching on or they like don't with their careers and and moving on to the next charter of their life.
Speaker 11: But especially with my that I.
Speaker 13: Got an opportunity to debuty here when he was like at the top of the game, you know, thirty thirty guy, MVP caliber season every single year, and for being uh like social, nice guy and being open to UH to help a lot of John players at that time. I always gonna appreciate what he did for for me and for all the John players in this organization, like Jock Peterson can talk.
Speaker 11: To you about it.
Speaker 13: He was like really really good person outside of being a superstar. And uh, I mean I'm happy for make that he's uh that he's retarding as a dollyer, you know, uh as as his last day and yeah, surreal to to be here tomorrow playing in a light nope, trying to win awards.
Speaker 11: Here is when when Matty is coming back to actually your.
Speaker 6: Retire, Who is a better smelling teammate, Wan your Rebay or Matt Camp.
Speaker 11: I gotta go, I gotta.
Speaker 13: I gotta go with Matt because I like the way that he always dress a mile as mail and all that. Nothing nothing, nothing against one.
Speaker 11: Uh, it's different and every single day, So I go with Matt.
Speaker 6: Awesome, thanks a lot for your time. Great to see you back out there at Shortstop. You make it look so easy and it's a pleasure to watch you really be a magician there every night. So thanks a lot, No, thank you. There he is the man. Miguel Rojas, nobody better at that position, all right.
Speaker 2: Thank you DV Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com. Dodgers inducting Walter O'Malley into the Dodgers Ring of Honored tonight, the fifteenth person to be inducted in to that prestigious Ring of honor for Dodger owner Peter O'Malley in attendance tonight for this ceremony, just concluding there on the field. It's a special weekend out at Dodgers Stadium, leading you up to first pitch, and when we come back, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Katsus Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all.
Speaker 2: Season long, Dodgers and Pirates on this Saturday Night's first pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at six ten, and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota dealers turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma See or Toyota Dealer Today. They make it easy. Well, Paul Skens doesn't make it easy. The twenty two year old rookie right hander is six and one with a sub to era. The first overall pick out of LSU a year ago local kid from el Tooral High School, makes his fifteenth start this season. Since making his debut on Male eleventh, Skiings has a major league best one to ninety nine Rora got one hundred and seven strikeouts since May eleventh.
Speaker 3: That's seventh most in all of the major leagues.
Speaker 2: Last time out, Paul Skans five and third innings, two runs, five hits, four strikeouts, had a no decision against the Arizona Diamondback. Skiings making his second career start against the Dodgers. They saw him back on June fifth at PNC Park. He allowed three runs in five innings truckout eight in a ten to six win over the Dodgers. River Ryan on the mound for the Dodgers, he's been fantastic. Twenty five year old rookie right hander one to zero with a one seventy two ERRA. He was acquired from the Padres and the deal for Matt bade Back in twenty twenty two. Skyrocketed up through the minor leagues, making his fourth start now in the Big League since his call up last time out against the Oakland A's four and two third innings allowed two runs while striking out four in a no decision. He was one hour away from getting a victory. Well the Dodgers Empirates squaring off for the second of three. River Ryan Paul Skins the pitching matchup. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next, I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: As we were saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, is Morongo Casino Dodgers on jack On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Empirates.
Speaker 2: On this Saturday nights is former Dodger owner Walter O'Malley becomes the fifteenth person inducted into the Dodgers Ring of Honor. A great ceremony on the field. Lots of alumni in town for Alumni Weekend. As we get you ready for first pitch, River Ryan Paul Skins on the Mount. Dodgers Fans enhances you're listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by Lacare Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot Org. All right, let's head back out to the booth. Tim neffett Rick Monday guys.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much. Tim Pirates Dodgers Game two. Dodgers taking Game one, Land Night. Joey Ozani, Freddie Freeman, Key Key Hernandez with home runs in the ball game Tonight. Pitching matchup features River Ryan. The youngster has really impressed in a short time in the big leagues, and he's going to go against a guy who has really impressed, another rookie, Paul Skeens, who started the All Star Game for the National League.
Speaker 5: River Ryan started last Sunday in Oakland. No decision, went four and two thirds, only two runs on the five hits, did give up three stolen bases. Hopefully has the same curve ball. It was an absolute dandy and for Dodgers have to figure out some heat. Paul Skeens has thrown one hundred and seventy fast balls already. At one hundred miles an hour or more. It's not just the fastball. Other pitches complimented. The Dodgers saw him back on the fifth of June. He went five innings in that game, three runs on six hits.
Speaker 7: Paul skeins River Ryan, Dodgers looking for another win over the Pirates.
Speaker 4: Here tonight at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: Timp all right, thank you guys, Dodgers Pirates first pitches. Next after the game, David vas Day's got you cover with all the highlights in postgame reaction.
Speaker 3: Enjoy it. Tim Kates, it has been Morongo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network