Speaker 1: It's a busy day today with us here and k one for our community connections. And standing by on the telephone is Mary Lynn min with OKM. It is getting so close to festival. How are you doing, young lady?
Speaker 2: It is getting so close. Good morning, Tom, I'm great. How about yourself?
Speaker 1: I couldn't be finer. We got the kids programs coming up, We've got the programs for everyone coming up. And wow, I don't know how you and your staff and your interns pull it all together, but thank you on behalf of all of us here in the community for what the wonderful things you do for our town.
Speaker 2: That's very kind. And you know we work very hard all year with a lot of help from God and a lot of help from our patrons and community and community partners like yourself. Somehow it manages to go off. But we do kick off this season with our kids, especially for kids. That begins Friday, May thirtieth, where we will have our Keyboard Orchestra give its third concert and we're very excited about that. The kids are very excited about it. They'll be playing many pieces that are familiar to everyone, so we invite everyone to come out on Friday May thirtieth. The concert will start at six pm and it will be at first Sebyterian Church. And then following that we go into our beloved tea time in Arundelle, a frozen theme tea this year on Saturday May thirty first at one pm, and that will be at Saint Luke's Church. I believe we have we were sold out as of yesterday. However, we were able to shift around at another table and I think we have six spots left, So if you want to come to that tea, you need to get your spot. That is the only thing during the Kids Festival that is a actual pay event dollars. I'm sorry. Tickets are ten dollars a person. It's a really spectacular tea. There's wonderful harp music by Laura liied Bar, which of course leaves all the songs from Prison that everyone can dance and sing to. And then we have a lovely tea party. We have games and then we have really fun giveaways. So it's a very popular part of the festival and we all really enjoy it as the staff goes. Then following that evening, at seven o'clock, we will have our dancing and eagles return out to SunFest at Sooner Park and the kids will get hoops, they'll learn how to hoop dance, they will learn the cultural meeting behind the hoop dancing, and then they'll get to watch the hoop dancers that are just fantastic. We love having them. On Sunday, June first, at two pm, we have our first art immersion experience. This year's festival is dedicated to Edvard Gries and so it's a heavy focus on Edvard's life, his music, a little bit about Norway where he came from. And so our first art and immersion will be the painting of trolls, and so I think it's going to be a really fun time for the kids that'll be at Ambler Hall on Sunday, June first, two pm. Every child that comes to participate will get to take home this magic a light brush by Crayola, and they'll get to take their piece of art home that they make and about trolls, they'll learn a little bit about Edward Greek and they'll listen to some music by at Bard Greek while they're painting. So I think that's going to be fun. Tom. I hope that I get to paint a troll on that evening thanks to the radio station again partnering with us, so thank you guys so much, Dori and Kevin, we will be doing Boogie Bingo and that will be at six pm. Families will get to come by pick up their Bingo cards and then every family gets a pizza, get certificate to order a pizza that night, play Boogy Bingo and we give out prices and it's always so much fun. So again Sunday, June first, six pm for Boogie Bingo and we might have a little bit of a Frozen music thrown in that one as well. Then on Monday we begin our first story and experience and that is The Trouble with Trolls at the Bartletone Library and that will be at ten am and so that's going to be really fun. That book is illustrated by Jan Brett and it's just so such a beautiful book. Then that afternoon we will have another story experience at the Bartislow Library at one pm and that will be the Frozen Story Book Collection, so again bringing Elsa and on it back to the scene and having their tale told, so that will be fun. Then later that day at three o'clock again on Monday, June second, at the Bartlestow Library, we will have a story about the three Vikings. So you see our theme. Tom we either have trolls or Vikings or explore the characters from Frozen. Then on Tuesday we go into yet another fun, fun story about Vole and the Troll, so a little animal creature who tries to befriend of trolls. That will also be at the bartles of the Library at ten am. On that afternoon, we have a music experience that's also story telling as well, and that is the Story Orchestra in the Hall of the Mountain King, and that will be again at the Bartlesviill Library. And the really nice thing about all of the music story experiences is every child will leave with a book, and so the book the story that they get to hear read by the library and at the bars of the library, they then get to take home and continue the magic of reliving that story as often as they would like. And so I think that's something that's really important to us to be able to share that with children and to inspire them to dream, to inspire them to maybe become a musician someday, or at least take up music as a hobby and it's just a way for them to explore. So we're always very blessed that our patrons and our corporate generals help us make that possible for our youth. We think it's very important and we think it's just a really nice way to teach them music education and to inspire their creativity. So then continuing we're only halfway through. On Tuesday, at six pm we have our Twinkled Big Stars Concerts in Ambler Hall and that will be a very special night where we are going to have Dylan Everts students come in and they will be performing on piano, they will also be singing, and so we can't wait to hear her students share their talents and inspire some new talents to take flight. Then also at that same time in Tulsa at seven pm on Tuesday evening, we have our first puppet show, How to Skag a Sea Monster, and that will be at Hardest Library. Then on June fourth, now we're on Wednesday, at nine thirty am, we have Ringo's Singalongs puppet show in Ambler Hall and the puppet company that's coming is just an amazing They do an amazing job. They every year we have standing room only and it's just super fun. So we're going to have two showings of Ringos Sing Along on Wednesday, one at nine point thirty and then another one at eleven, and I think we're almost filled to capacity on both of those. Then later that afternoon at two pm, we will have How to Snag a Sea Monster, which was the same puppet show that was performed Untilsa the evening before, so we're bringing that one to Bartlesville as well. And the fun thing about those events is every child will take home a puppet, and then when they attend, they'll be also entered into a drawing to win a bigger type of puppet, so they'll leave with a little finger puppet and then they might win an actual, bigger handheld type puppet. Then we go into our finale on Thursday. We have another art immersion at ten am and once again on Thursday, June Stiffs, and this time they're going to listen and learn about Edvard Grieg, so listen to some more music, but then they're also going to learn about Edvard Monch who played it, ormonk who painted the scream, and so this time they'll be painting a self portrait of themselves while learning about these two very famous Norwegian artists, and so we're very excited to share that. Then that evening or I'm sority that afternoon, actually we have an instrument and music immersion where every child that comes will learn about violin and the ukulele, and then they will leave with those instruments, and so that's always super fun and exciting. And then that evening our finale is a jammin with trolls, and that's going to be a fun musical dance, have snow cones and then just kind of do the troll dancing with our DJ out at the Unity Square. So we're very excited about it. It was wildly popular last year. We hope kids will come out. We have lots of games and bubbles and all kinds of troll themed type scenes we do have as part of our festival. The main part of the festival on Sunday, June eighth, we will have our second older kids playing the keyboard orchestra at two PM at the First Presbyterian Church, but that's also during the main part, so we hope that everyone will come out and hear that the kids have been preparing for several months now, and it's just they are truly amazing. If you don't know what a keyboard orchestra is, imagine that you have a full sixty pieced orchestra, but instead of having sixty individuals a lot about twenty ten to twenty kids at each of these concerts that will actually be playing a keyboard that reproduces the sound of a violin, of a base of whatever instrument will be included in that particular arrangement. So it's really amazing. I think it takes people kind of back sometimes when they come for the first time how much it just sounds like an orchestra and it's wonderful, and it's just it's really incredible what these kids are able to do. So we invite everyone to do that and Tom, if that wasn't enough, then we go into our main stage performances for our forty first Okay and Music Festival, and that kicks off on Friday, June sixth at our wonderful, beloved partner and usual landscape of Woollolock Gates will open up six We'll have Grady Nichols, our lovely friends and he's performed numerous times at the Okay and Music Festival. But he's just down the road in Tulsa and he's our very beloved jazz artist. He's coming to open up for us at Wolloocks. We can't wait to have him. And then at eight thirty, Manhattan Chamber Players will make their second debut at the Okay and Music Festival and where it's super excited to have them back. They are an ensemble that they all individually have day jobs performing in various symphonies and various chamber ensembles, but they come together for these special events and occasions. Many of these guys went to school together, you know, ten fifteen years ago, but they decided that they would have this sort of eclectic group that they form, and then they travel all over the world and all over the United States and come together in various ensembles to perform at festivals like ours. And so they're very very talented. We're very excited to have them. They will be performing beautiful, they'll be performing Greek for us, they'll be performing Mozart for us, and I think it's going to be a very very special night. And so you know, of course you can't go wrong at Will. The walk will conclude the easying with fireworks. We'll have food trucks out there. We're going to have just an amazing time. So I think you're going to come out Tom and help MC. So we are super excited to have you come out there and knock on wood. We have wonderful weather.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to and it's going to be fun.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to be beautiful. On Saturday night and June seventh will be at Kasha Hall in Tulsa and we will have the Talsa Owners Baroque Orchestra opening ups for us at six pm. George will open at five and then at seven pm Natasha Parimski will be performing a beautiful piano candlelight concert, and she also is going to be playing some pieces from Edward Greek the Piergent Suite, including Morning Mood and in the Hall of the Mountain King, which is of course two of Greek's those famous pieces, and so I think that will be very beautiful. She's also going to do some other pieces from Romeo and Juliet. She's going to be doing trade movements from Patrushka, and so I think it's going to be a beautiful concert. We can't wait Cashle Hall. I love to formally refer to it as the Hogwarts of Oklahoma. So it's a beautiful facility. It's really cool looking. We love partnering with them and helping support them, and so you know, please come join us on Saturday, June seventh at Cashle Hall. Then Sunday, June eighth will conclude our main stage concerts with a lovely concert starting off with Lisa Steele's piano students, who are quite accomplished. One of them, we believe is going to become a concert pianist. And so they will start off at six pm playing some selected pieces that they've chosen, and then the doors will open f five seven o'clock is when then our most amazingly talented come friends of Okay Music. Extra Quartet is returning. And for those who have heard Extra Quartet, they know how amazingly lucky we are to have them. They are truly truly gifted, beautiful talented musicians. They have trained and learned from Istak Perlman. They have won numerous awards, they are world renowned and we are so lucky to have them in our own backyard here in Bartlesville. So again they will play at seven pm on Sunday, June eighth. They are just the nicest guys and I think they have fun coming to Bartlesville. They get to meet everyone when they go to breakfast and talk to people. I think they went bowling twice last year, which which sort of cracked all of us up. But they are just truly, truly talented, and they are going to be performing in some Mozart, some Barber Mendelssohn, and I think it's just going to be a beautiful, beautiful evening. I think we have a sneak a surprise that I asked them. I think they will also be playing a piece from Greek. I just don't know which piece they were going to surprise us, but I think that that will be there. They're encore and so if that wasn't enough, we also tom have showcase, and so on Friday, June sixth, we'll kick our showcase off at the First Presbyterian Church with the Bartlesfield Bell Ringers at ten am, followed by the Trinity Recorder Concort at eleven am, and then Wade Daniels, who has beloved in the community a very talented pianist, will be performing at one pm that afternoon, and that's all on Friday. Then on Saturday, June seventh, in Ambler Hall, we will have a quartet. Four of the players from Manhattan Chamber Players are sticking around after their Friday night concert and will be performing a lovely morning concert at eleven am. And then the rock star of all of them, our very own you, Tom Davis, featuring the Suns of Beaches is coming to Amber Hall at one pm and we are so excited. We cannot wait to have you perform for us. You're making your debut at the Okay and Music Festival, and thank you Tom. We are so excited to have you. Are you all ready to go?
Speaker 1: We just had rehearsal last night and it's looking really really good.
Speaker 2: Oh fantastic. Well, we invite everyone to come out and maybe we'll have some fun refreshments and just sort of kick back and sing along and have a really good time again. Those are on Saturday, June seventh, eleven am for Manhattan Chamber Players Quartet and then one pm for Tom Davis featuring the Sons of Beaches, And then we will on Sunday have a two pm that concert I mentioned before the Okay and youth keyboard orchestra, the older kids will perform their concert, and then at four o'clock the King himself, Brent get and it is going to be performing as Elvis, and so that will end our showcase. But he is very beloved. He's a board member. Everyone loves it when he does Elvis. He's going to do some of Elvis's most beloved pieces as well as some of Elvis's beautiful gospel music. So we are excited. We are selling tickets like crazy. The phones are ringing off the hook, people are coming in, we're getting emails. It's fantastic. I do have to say many of the kids events are already at capacity. We are trying to work on trying to make room for more, maybe opening up additional sessions, So please keep checking back, but if you haven't reserved your spot for the kids events, please do so. I think by Labor, I'm not Labor Day, I think Love Memorial Day. They're all going to be filled. We have five events that are already at capacity, and like I said, we're working on those. But it's been crazy. We had our biggest the day we launched. We almost sold out. I always use the words sold out. But reserved out a couple of events on that day, so it was insane. People know parents, I think grandparents' guardians who have come, they love it. They come back every year and it's just an amazing time for these kids because not only do they get the experience the exposure to musical education, they get a ton of books and musical instruments and art supplies and so it's just something that's you really meaningful. It's something that they can take back home with them, not only the memory, but they actually get to take a physical item home with them to help continue to inspire them. And then as far as the main stage performances go, again, the venues, except for Rula Rock are are pretty intimate, so we encourage people go hand get your tickets now, don't wait till the last minute because you may be too late. Extra Quartet in particular has always done really well and sold out, so we highly encourage you to get those tickets. You can find our tickets on okmusic dot org again that's okaymusic dot org. Or you can call in our box office nine one eight three three six nine nine zero zero and Katie myself a Rose will be happy to sell you tickets, and you know it's one of those things that you can also come by and see us. Four fifteen South Dewey Sweet one hundred. We're right next to RSU Caddy Corner, across from Artist Bank and just down the street from the Price Power, so we're easy to find.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Briy Lann and once again, OK music dot org is the website to get everything taken care of it. Also you can order your tickets and check the lineup and if we have any more things said that we can do for the kids that'll be on there too. Correct.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you get your tickets on you reserve them on there, you buy your tickets on there. All kids is free except for the tea, just ten dollars per person, and kids eighteen and under are free for the main stage performances, so we hope that that helps families out. We've tried to reduce the ticket prices this year to make them very affordable. We have senior discounts, college age student discounts, we have General Mission b P. So we've tried to take into account that sometimes the economy isn't always the best and although we have lots of hope for it, but we want to make music accessible. That is our mission and we want to make it accessible to all, So please come out and check us out.
Speaker 1: Oh right, thank you. Marylyn Min from OKAM Music, thank you very much. Take care,