Speaker 1: Yeah, please it three, yes, sirs. Were It is Thursday, March twenty, twenty twenty five. Welcome to This is Sparta. I'm the helst Jason Straighthorn along with my co host Cedric.
Speaker 2: Swerve in Irvin.
Speaker 3: Hit him with the shoulder, hit him with the shoulders, hit him with the shoulder, hitting them with the swerve, hit them with It's gonna be a lot of that, this this, this, this month straight is it already? Hitting him with the swerve in the March madness, hitting him with the swerve, hitting with.
Speaker 1: March madness times too. We got men's basketball kicking off tomorrow. Women's you know, they're doing anything today, and Swerve, we got hockey too, We got wrestling. They're out there in the NCAA's right now doing their thing too.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of things going on in Michigan State sports and we're gonna bring it right to you. Swerve Man. How you feeling, man? It sounds like it looks like you are you being hell house somewhere.
Speaker 3: Hey, last day of vacations, Ray, not vacation from the show, because it's no vacation, you know, but last day, you know, the great country of Columbia, Columbia. I learned so much Spanish straight, like we can do a segment of the show in Spanish.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Oh man? Come on man, how do you say that? Ole? Ad?
Speaker 2: Movie?
Speaker 1: Mean?
Speaker 5: Everywhere I go they calling me papichulo.
Speaker 2: Is this your first time? We want to welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: If this is not, If you're returning, we want to thank you for your loyalty and please do not forget to hit the liking, subscribe button and follow us on all of our social media platforms. That this is why they MESU helps us a whole lot. Doesn't cost you a thing. Look and let us know where you're watch it from. Once again, I see Woodies in the house, but Cowboy twenty eight to fifty four from McKinnie texts back in the house, baby, you did your thing.
Speaker 5: I'm just glad Woody showed up because to lose, but not lose back to bag.
Speaker 3: But you know, I mean, we're so accustomed to but I'm glad to see that he came into chet.
Speaker 5: Now I know, I ain't got to put an abb out on him. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Oh man, what he's doing this thing? Brother?
Speaker 1: We got a jam packed show Today, we got two, not one, two special guests. We're gonna talk a lot about what's going to go down tomorrow and Cleveland ten pm Eastern Standard time. The tip off, Biscus State will face what's the name of that school, It don't matter, Okay, all right, we're gonna face him tomorrow two versus fifteen matchup, and we got a special guest to talk about this, a national champion guest as well as one of the most renowned sports reporters in two four seven sports history. So we're going to continue to bring you the hits and bring you close into the action because that's what we do, Sweve. You know, before we get into the action, we gotta you know, take a quick little break here from our friends over a great matter.
Speaker 2: Exchange great matter.
Speaker 6: Just like a bad player can cost your team the game overpaying for shipping can cost your business. Great matter exchange your all star team for shipping savings will help you score big with up to thirty percent savings on your ups and FedEx costs.
Speaker 4: Sir.
Speaker 1: I mean when we were up in Michigan last you know, we went over to mon Ice Arena and we were able to you know, embark on some really cool things. We saw mateen a boy he dropped the pup. Before that, you got one of those swerven nerving jerseys. All right, we got to talk about hockey for a minute because they are about to play in the finals on Saturday themselves, but awesome internet. Michigan State goaltender Trey Augustine has been named to one of the four finals for the Mike Richter Award, giving annually to the top goalie in NCAA Division One hockey.
Speaker 3: Straight What they're waiting on? No, I mean, come on, let's let's let's let's do the math, you know. And I'm not gonna be biased because I got my first hockey jersey. And I'm not gonna be biased because I went to my first hockey game and even though we loved but we came back and we whooped the ads of the team that we let win the night before, only for more people to come out and fill up a big arena, which I know, you know, I know, my guys, but let's do the math. This guy is. It has been awesome the whole year. And I talk about being consistent with with with with with with my other girls. The swerving Urban babies that this guy had. Goalie been consisted. That's why we were playing in the final because of him. He's a big part of that. So I don't understand why Ncuba while we're waiting, just go ahead and give him the trophy, give him a jacket, you know, let him take a picture with his parents, you know, and that's going on with our business.
Speaker 2: Let's just do that, man. I mean, it ain't nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a lot of upset talks going on out there, but this right here would be an upset if he did not win that. You're talking about the best goalie in America, and we know Trey.
Speaker 2: Augustine is that when you're talking about Mischiss State.
Speaker 1: Hockey, one of the best, if not the best programs in the country when it comes to hockey. Also, we just had the picture pop up there for a minute Baker finalists. Augustine wasn't the only Spartan hockey star to got some award mentioned on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Isaac Howard has been named.
Speaker 1: To the Hoby Baker Memorial Award top ten, the most covet award in college hockey. The Hobe Baker Award is given to the top NCAA men's hockey player in the nation, like the Heisman.
Speaker 2: This is what it is.
Speaker 5: Come on, come on once again?
Speaker 3: What we waiting on? All of maxon, what we waiting on? And if you don't win and tell me why break it down? Give me the what you know who you give it to? I mean, come on, we only been in one or two the whole. Yeah, you know, I'm not. I'm just gonna wait to celebrate and post it once we wear both of those awards. I mean, that's that's easy.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know.
Speaker 1: It's we got to welcome you know, the one and only Mama Halls in the house right now.
Speaker 3: Baby, Mama Hall must been on vacation like me. We ain't seen Mama Hall in two months, you know, I don't know ever since she got a license to do her little blanket with trying to get minds yet but uh, we haven't seen us since.
Speaker 5: So that's to tell you how much money she's making.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's making money? Is that what it is?
Speaker 3: Ever since she got the license straight and it's beautiful now it's something I think she gave you one to someone that had the Michigan state things green and white, and she do white and green and oh but I ain't get mine.
Speaker 5: It's cool. I've been working for a job, child, Please.
Speaker 1: I please, Well, it's good to see Mama Hall and chat right now. Steve Smith definitely in the house. But man, moving over to the diamond. Man, we talk about baseball, your favorite sport. We've seen the picture of the black and white photos from Day County All Stars, Sex Girfy, but we got to talk about the Mischigan State Boys right now.
Speaker 2: Grizzly Grind.
Speaker 1: The Michigan State Baseball picked up his first home victory of the season on Wednesday, running out to a big lead early against Oakland, holding on through the late innings on a grizzly late run, winning eight to five. Will Shannon and Randy Seymour both are homer and the Spartans win against the Grizzlies.
Speaker 3: Hey, eight to five, that's a lot of points in the baseball game. I mean they were they was hitting the balls right, they was hitting the ball against.
Speaker 5: Some RB I see.
Speaker 3: I will just say they got runs. I know the definition in the language, you know, Like I told joe Vin columb everywhere I go they call me Poppychulo. So we had to get a lot of rb I s straight, you know what I mean, a lot of hits, you know, to get eight runs, which you know, I don't know if Steve people like Steve.
Speaker 2: Would know that. You know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, we had to win all those categories to have to you know, to be up eight five you.
Speaker 5: Know home runs. That's the age that have in the in the in the score box.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Rb i's you know, run batter then and uh you know walkers and things like that.
Speaker 2: Straight.
Speaker 3: So you know, baseball just warming up. He's gonna talk about what's the rb I runs better than shit we do. We had a picture when I played baseball straight because it's they don't believe me, you know, he don't believe at me, greasy you.
Speaker 5: Know rb I.
Speaker 1: Come on, brother, oh man, who doesn't know what an RBI is?
Speaker 2: Steve?
Speaker 3: Steve asked me, basically being sarcastic, to see if I knew what rb I is.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, man.
Speaker 1: Look, one thing that we got to talk about too, though, is the wrestling program.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're gonna move away from the baseball. Swerve does no baseball. He easy knows that can he hit a ninety five mile dour fastball from a six to eight pitcher by the name of Joseph Zeroa. That's up to debate. But does he know what RBI is? Come on, Steve Man, y'all clown it look MSU wrestling right now. Swerve is out, and uh, you know they're they're in the NCAA tournament right now in three players, three athletes actually in the NCAAs And uh it's not easy, okay, you talk about Philly Special Michigan se wrestling season culminates in Philly this weekend. Three sparks competing. Caleb Win he's the number thirty three seed of one twenty five pounds. Remy Cotton, it's the number thirty one seed at one ninety seven. Swerve, could you cut down one ninety seven when you was back in high school at or college? Then Max Vanadeah, he's the number thirty one seed as well at heavyweight.
Speaker 2: They're all gonna be on the mat today. They have had matches.
Speaker 1: We are looking right now and tracking down their results because you know, it's hard to find the results in the NCAA tournament, man, unless you're there straight.
Speaker 3: One thing about that rustling, ain't no help, ain't no left guard, ain't no left tackle, Ain't no three technique to cover you from the linebacker, ain't no power forward.
Speaker 5: You know, you out there then.
Speaker 3: The longest three minutes in your life, and you out there by yourself.
Speaker 5: So I got respect for all wrestler.
Speaker 3: I never never thought about it, never would never could know. For one, I couldn't wear those tights straight. I couldn't, you know, my thigh was too big. I couldn't just.
Speaker 6: Who.
Speaker 3: I got a lot of respect for those guys, though I want, I'm not doing it and I won't do it.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you what. Remy Cotton faced the number two see Iowa. Steven Buchanan had a rough goal of it. You know, Remy, Remy, you know it had a take down in two at one ninety seven. He wrestles back, but you know he lost twenty two to nine to Steve Buchanan from Ioway.
Speaker 2: It's it's a rough game.
Speaker 3: It's a rough sport, twenty two nine and that sport you got your ass well. So he wrestled a technician that was really I ain't gonna say playing, but when you score that many points in wrestle, I mean you you you you was playing for points.
Speaker 2: Not the pin.
Speaker 4: At least know that.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: I know that from you know, twenty two nine has a lot of points in wrestling. So he went, I see why the dude was ranking with two for a reason. Hey, it's all about for we gave effort. But but that's Iowa and like penn State, and I think like Minnesota, like those schools are known for for wrestling, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a place where there's nothing else will do but that. I mean, you know, you do have Philadelphia, you do have that. You got that, you got Pittsburgh, philip but you know the cities necessarily. That's a really tough wrestling state. It used to be Iowa was the king of all. Now Pennsylvania has kind of taken over when you look at the national wrestling scene there. But look, swear, I mean, I'm very impressed with your wrestling knowledge.
Speaker 5: Brother.
Speaker 4: I don't know how how.
Speaker 2: Do you know that straight?
Speaker 3: Because the number one high school, if you look it up, the number one high school in wrestling, it's from Dade County.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 5: Look it up?
Speaker 3: South Day High School? You're on the computer, now, look up South Day High School. That the number one They got to be the number one high school in wrestling in the last gotta be say, ten to fifteen years.
Speaker 2: They're up there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, look at up, look it up.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna hold you to it right now, but I know one thing we gotta We're gonna keep it moving because we gotta get you our special guests. But I'm gonna think it worked for it right now. We're gonna come to it next week for sure. But Big Ten's best. We're talking about other sports swerve. For the second time this season, Michigan State's men's tennis Matt Sheldon is name the Big Ten Player of the week.
Speaker 2: Man, Hey, man, he hanging out with your boy.
Speaker 4: Ob.
Speaker 3: Man, like got to say, Man, my nephew, it's not my boys straight, is my nephew?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we text all the time. Matter of fact, I'm glad you said that because I wanna show it on the last show. You know, anytime I reach out, OB reached back.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: But hey, the basketball team is impressive. You know one thing about I'm Michigan State sports. So far, we got consistent, we got effort, and I say these tennis players are impressive.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You said basketball team, but you're saying the tennis team is even Are they out shining the basketball Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: Nah, I want to say it can be the number two seed and you know, may I have the freshman Big three, freshman Big ten Player of the Year in the car I am say you're out shining basketball. But that's why I say that the tennis team to me is impressive. You know, if I had to name different sports. Come on, Okay, we get we're pulling up right here. Producer Shine has went to South Day High School.
Speaker 1: Wrestling team dominates and is twenty fifth state championship.
Speaker 2: They ain't got no good wrestling in Florida.
Speaker 3: They can't straight tail showing to look up Nasal only two. They just don't wrestle in the state. Once they finish the state, they keep going up. I ninety five. You know what I mean, Because they say I ninety five go from Key West to Maine. You know what I'm saying. So we'll just stop in Florida. No, once we finish Florida, we get back on the tour bus and we go kicking ass in Georgia.
Speaker 5: You know, South Carolina, North Carolina. We just keep on the Virginia.
Speaker 3: We work our way on up, you know what I'm saying, till we get up to the Iowa and we go to kicking Ass. Then we gotta come all the way back to Miami.
Speaker 5: Okay. Ranked as number one in the country.
Speaker 2: Ninety five does not go to Iowa or Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I say I ninety five go from Key West to Maine. You gotta make a left somewhere.
Speaker 2: There's a good one right there.
Speaker 3: Who they wrestling, whoever it is, Steve. All I'm saying is line them up and just let me know. The bus will go wherever. Once we finish Florida, we just keep they just keep going north.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, man, we hear you talking.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: Hey, look man, Hey, I'm glad. I'm glad he looked it up. Man.
Speaker 3: That's all I told you. One thing about this is spata. Now we're gonna find their four and them. We're gonna give it to you role. We're gonna give it to you a cut, but it's gonna be facts. It's gonna be facts, baby. All the way from Columbia, Astray Pobbichulo Poppy Chilo is definitely the house.
Speaker 1: You know, we gotta get to the other Poppychulo, because we gotta talk about a national championship basketball player, because Missigi State is playing in the tournament tomorrow ten pm. Man, you're gonna have a lot of red cups. Are you gonna be back? Are you gonna still be over there tomorrow for the game? Okay, all right, We're gonna talk about that later on, But first, these messages from our friends over at Ihah.
Speaker 7: Six dollars never tasted so good. I Hop's breakfast face combo is now just six dollars. Ring IOP's world famous buttermilk pancakes, krispy hickory smoke bacon, and two eggs cook to order your way, all for just six bucks. Part of the new six dollars house, Swave's menu.
Speaker 1: Swerve, Hey man, look I hops that deal. You know Cal's been busy, He's been pumping out a lot of pancakes lately. But of him even more. We don't love him any less. But listen, this is a serious time right now when we talk about miss Stake basketball entering into March's tournament is here and we are bringing on none other than a Nigerian American playing out of Saint Martin Deports in Detroit back in nineteen ninety nine to two thousand and three. Six foot eight forward played several years overseas, one of the biggest, brightest players that ever donned the green and white.
Speaker 2: And look at those glasses, look at the smile, lookout. Intelligent he is.
Speaker 1: We can't wait to have him all here, talk about Michigan State and time is on everything in between.
Speaker 2: Aloicious and joints.
Speaker 5: This is fine.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, how's everybody doing.
Speaker 5: Hey, I thought he was always six twelve. Hey, oh man, how you doing? Brother?
Speaker 4: I'm doing fine, doing well, doing very well. Thank you for having me on. I appreciate fell Listen, that's another Yes, Yes.
Speaker 1: Indeed, it's good happening you here. You know, Notigerian American? I mean, so you are multi lingual. You know one of the hosts of the show is not in an English speaking country. Yeah, I would imagine you could have helped him out.
Speaker 4: I heard I heard days in Columbia, So I don't know being see.
Speaker 5: See me more.
Speaker 4: That's all I understand what you've been doing.
Speaker 2: Hey man, listen, it was good catching up with you. A couple of weeks ago we.
Speaker 1: Were in east Land, sing and we saw you guys for the reunion ceremony of the national championship team that came back. Talk about your your time in Detroit and connected with tom Enzo before you decided to ultimately sign with the Michigan State Sparks.
Speaker 4: So my journey has to start with my family. Like I always tell people, you always go back home. And I give all credit to my mother and father to see vision and come to America and understand the by education. But coming to Detroit, the first thing you do when you going to Detroit, you got to know how to be strong. You gotta be tough, you gotta have grit, and that's something that Detroit is stilled in me, stilled in me and when it comes to sports life and uh even my own education, uh output. Before I got into Michigan State, coach coach Is did a great job recruiting. He came to games, he showed up when he needed he came. At that time, we had Cobo the Cobo Arena when we were playing Produe, I mean the Persian Boys and they were tough back then. So we had Catholic Lee versus p SL and coaches was there. He showed up at that time. I remember a lot of times when during the recruiting time, in fact, my favorite, we were down in this town called Browns City and it was snow It was a snowstorm, and Coach Is made a drive from East Lanson to come see me in the middle of a snowstorm. And that's why I knew, like, you know what, that's the spine I'm going to be at for guys going to go through the elements like that to come see me. I guess I can go through some wards winning. Hey man, I mean Tom Anzel is a guy. He knows how to connect with everybody.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: He's got a lot of passion, you know.
Speaker 1: And when people talk to him today, they always talk about the drills he used to do back when you were playing, And so I gotta ask you when you were a part of that. When we put the shoulder pads on, I'm going into the game. That was one of the funnest practice in my life. Was it was unusual when he came out with the past, people didn't know what to say. But then when you put on the helmet and you can see the guys running around. That was the first time I really felt like a football player with I being a football player.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: We kept it short, but h it was one of the greatest team by excise you can have. We we knew that we can still hit each other, have fun and at the end of the day, it was basketball was fun and being tough is being fun. So that was one of the favorite, one of my most favorite practice. And I get to hit people and that's what I did, and that's what I.
Speaker 5: Do coming up in high school. Who was some of the top players in the state right then?
Speaker 4: Oh man, it's a lot of them. Uh, Jay Rich was top back back then. It was great to be a play with him. We got Blanchard, we had River Rouge had a guy like man who else we can't. We had a lot of guys from We had a guy that came from Bishop Borges. It was really good. Every team had a guy that was six eight and more. Now I don't think they even got anybody who's six to eight in the whole state really, So back then it was mostly about which school you went to. You knew that if you play against Persian, you better come with it. You play against like Bishop Boygous, you better come with it. You play against Renaissance. King James Thias was one of my guys. He played against me and King god Quick he went to Syracuse. It was a lot of guys back then. It's too many to name.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey take me, take me now.
Speaker 3: Let's let's let's let's go to your national championship run right, and then also, you know, take me through the highs and the lows and what you most remember, and then also explain to the fans that's in the chat about how you feel about you know, that first week that that that first week of the tournament game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can see it right now. The first week, it's the most hectic week of the n c A. Anything can happen. That's when most send the story Cinderella stories happen.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: You got players that play out their mind, people that don't shoot threes, they hit threes. People don't dribble, they can dribble right left. It's like some something shifts in the world and you just gotta kind of like set yourself on the path of just being focused. That's the first week. If you you're not focused on what the team wants, on what the new teams need from you, you're gonna lose. It don't matter who you play. You can be a first seater, you could be a second third. You got you gotta be focused and so my my opinion, that first game is the worst game of the tournament. That is the worst game of the Thunnament. That's the most scariest time in your life. You as a singer. You you look at everybody. You want to push everybody in the face, make sure everybody's ready. You just get to this point where it's it's almost a do and die moment. And once that first game in the first quarter and the first time, I mean the first half, excuse me, go by. You start seven in and the more you go deeper into the tournament, the more you settle into the tournament. But that first game is goddling. Is one of the worst feelings you can have as a player. You're gonna be the most I don't care if you're a senior to your freshman. The freshman this is your first time knowing the intensity of the NCAAs. You thought you thought the intensity was tough in Big ten, but when you get to the NCAAs, the intensity goes two or three times more because people are literally playing for their lives. You know, what you do in the NCAA tournaments matters. It matters if you're the draft board, it matters if you're going to get to your career overseas. It matters if you want to just finish up, and this might be a last time playing basketball period going into the real world to work. So it matters. So that's really when you have to sit down, know the principles, know the direct and stay focused.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You know when you say that, I mean, this might be one of the toughest tournaments in the world.
Speaker 1: You know, when you look at most playoffs in basketball, specifically around the world, I mean there is the best of you know, five best of seven series, it takes place, the lose when is it surviving advance or single elimination tournament as it's known as. I mean, it seems like it. It does affect the players out there just as much as it does the fans.
Speaker 4: Huh, yep, yep, he does, because like, like you know, when I was playing, we knew that was my team's last game. So you know, when you got a guy who could have went to the NBA his junior year but decided to come back, you know, fans want to see that guy win because you know he's sacrificed. Well, the team got to be ready for that. And it might be you don't know what happens the next day. You might play, you twist your ankle and you don't have a play a n C A thundament ever again. So that's one of those things saying you gotta be ready. You gotta be ready, not just the night, not the night you play, the night before, two nights before. As soon as they tell you this is who you play, you go, you go to bed, You go to bed, you go to bed, you go to practice, you shut down. I love my professors, I love you all. But yeah, yeah, yeah, after after the madness, after madness.
Speaker 2: There's a question right here from Ray Ray.
Speaker 1: All Right, mister, I love the two thousand title team, but I always felt your two thousand and one team was deeper. Charlie bell Utson, Marcus Taylor, Zach Randolph.
Speaker 4: Am I correct, you're telling my talent wise, Yeah, but definitely, But you're still dealing with two freshmens, you know, your so dealing with Zach coming in, you got Marcus come in. You're still dealing with people that really you got your targeting back. And the difference is you win it for one time, the second time it's like three times harder, four times five times harder. And then you've got guys that come in. You gotta re you know, they got to get in. When we went to the final four, unfortunately we lost in the final four. I mean, it happens, but it's really tough to get over that hump to get to win another one back to back. M know.
Speaker 1: I mean, look al, I mean you are an imposing force out there on the basketball court, man.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can't imagine what you would have been like being the tight end out there.
Speaker 1: Brother, you know, with the shoulders and your your size, and you ever play football ever high school?
Speaker 4: My god?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm so engariosused.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 4: Then know that I'm going to tell you my high school career how you went down in football. My junior year, I want I wanted to play football because we had to run cross country and senior excuse me, senior cross cross country, play football. That's how the porest was, you run cross country or you played football. You were going to do a sport. This is my senior year, so I decided, you know what I want to play football defense, and yeah, great, coach got me out there. I'm hitting. I feel good. Ah, at least so hard to find back then my size, but you know, I side sixteen. Back then that was wh hard. But I found me some datas. It's fine. So practice get going. Coach, I decided to you know, everybody knows I'm going to Michigan State for basketball scholarship. So we get to the first game. We decided to go to Indiana Mary Marion, Indiana.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting to play.
Speaker 4: Coach like, nah, wait, wait, we're blowing the team out. Coach put me in finally, and you know, scrub minutes first time, you know, just got out there. Play man. That second play, I had this little short I don't even know the guy's name, his number, but he was a short guy. You know what, they teach him go for the knees, So he go for my knees. I'm thinking basketball career. Oh man. We get to the tussler on the ground, I take up my helmet and start.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I showed violence. I took up the helmet just it was a team scrubble. Coach running there. Everybody get in the locker room. I don't. I'm a kid from Detroit, don't even know how it is. And Marion, I'm dumb. Now, I'm like, you could have got got shot. We don't know, but I know we're running him like, I mean, we're married in theenda. I don't know about that. So we team fighting. Post grabbed me, get out there. What are you doing? He grabbed my shot? Your hands off me? He went for my knees. That's all I can say. He went for my knees.
Speaker 5: Oh, you took your heim and out. You was supposed to go to jail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, double A. You like that girl that was running track that hit the girl with the baitar No, like, you.
Speaker 2: Didn't do it right.
Speaker 5: But the thing is, I.
Speaker 4: Didn't understand that, Yo, they're gonna go out to your knees. You're gonna go to your knees. But he kept doing it. And then what made me mad was when he came up he grabbed me from in between the legs. Then that's when I took up the hill man.
Speaker 5: You know whoa I told was the kid five guy?
Speaker 4: He was like really like five six? It was five to seven, so you know you got anyway it goes. Coach put me out, Coach talking, you go, you know.
Speaker 2: What you did was wrong?
Speaker 4: I said, I don't care. He went for my knees, you know, did the little suspension and came back and then coach Yeah, he said, you know what, I'm gonna put you on a kicking squad. He put me as a kicker. What you want to get a kicker?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 4: He put me out the kicking squad. That was the punishment. One day it started to rain, I'm out there kicking. Man. That day was a day I say, you know what, I never quit, none in my life, but I quit.
Speaker 5: I left, played water polo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I went. I left, you know, went to the locker room. Coach came up to me and say, you know what you did? The best team you're going to college for basketball. I need to focus on that. Went to my next week, went to the track, did the cross country, played basketball one and the next won the state championship. I was done. I was That was the last time I put on the football helmet onto the last time until we have practice in Michigan state basketball team.
Speaker 5: So that was it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm glad you ain't pulled the drake Marne to do it in college. How many points you averaged, how many points you averaged in high school? And what was the experience like overseas, And and somebody wanted to know how many countries did you play for?
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna go backwards or I started high school average man. Back then it was eighteen and twelve or eighteen and fourteen something, double double. But I think winning three state championships kind of put you know, kind of put me ahead of a lot of people when it comes to the mentality of winning playing overseas. Let me explain to you. I played in eight different countries for over fifteen years. I mean in France, I played in Ante, Spain, Turkey, played for the national team from Nigeria. I'm gonna tell everybody when you go overseas, expect the unexpected. It is a business. And you know, the first day I went to overseas, I got lucky. I knew a guy on my team called Rosin Laura Beek. He was a teammate of mine. His dad kind of set it up where I knew the team. Uh in Slovenia. Do you know, you guys know where Slovenia is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh yeah, I've been that.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 4: So it gets cold, I mean cold. And the first day I got there, snow up the Here's was from Michigan Detroit. To get over it. Yo, you land you go to medical, it's cold, you're freezing your medical. You could walk, man, you're walking. I walked from the medical, which was down the street. But by the time you get to the place, you frozen and you got to practice. And that's the first day I landed. Mm hmm. So that's what I tell people. You know, expect on, expect to be ready to go whenever you go overseas. Best place I played depends on that. My lifetime love playing in France, love playing in in Spain. And Alee was great drink wine, you know, travel had great pizza, what else all the past. Yeah, we're not gonna. I got I gotta interrupt for a second because we have a special guest.
Speaker 2: What's come on?
Speaker 1: You want to come on and talk to you a little bit too, and we have to do it right now. Two four seven Sports on Corey Robinson.
Speaker 5: Cory, Corey, how you doing, Corey?
Speaker 1: You guys got the similar backgrounds right now, you guys hostages. No, it's good, Corey, thank you coming on. You know, I know you have a vast knowledge of what's going on in Spartan, basketball, football and all the things we've got. A Lewis is out of guy Yale right now, a champion of all sorts. But you know, I just wanted to bring you on so you can ask your own questions. I know you have questions that you want to ask him, but I want to ask one while Corey is getting settled in here on the stage and people know. You know, there's been basketball players like it when our era. You were there in mississ State when Swerve and I where they're on campus. But since then there's been a lot of basketball guys that have been able to convert over. I know you took your helmet off and you went ham on them boys and Marion, Indiana, but there's been some guys who've been able to convert from being.
Speaker 2: A power forward to tight end. One of those guys, san Antonio Gates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he was around the saying class as you. He was a yebbie for me, I think, yeah, okay, did you ever cross paths with him and Thest Sansling? No, yeah, I mean East Lanston. Yeah, well I would say hello with Kabay and but uh, he was there before he was going. He was a couple of years older than two years older than me, and I heard great stories about him, just his poson not his work cathics. So came king na get showed he can go from basketball. They ain't transferred to go to football. But for him to do both, it's impossible. It's incredible. You played basketball in college, then girls tryumph of football, then became a Hall of Famer. That tells you what kind of work cathic he is.
Speaker 1: That's true, Corey. I mean, you know you've you've covered all the teams in misister state. You know, like, what what do you think about that? Ability out of Antonio Gates is one thing?
Speaker 2: But also the career, that kind of guy.
Speaker 8: He had, Yeah, definitely, I mean that's a tough transition just because of the work is different. Like you see a football player trying to play basketball. A lot of times they you know, on the football field they look like amazing athletes, but it's a different, different body control where they look like they're just running through guys on the basketball court.
Speaker 5: But that was.
Speaker 8: Shot fire A tough thing. But I mean, I guess for me, what I always wondered, what's your craziest time as a story, and have you ever been scared of somebody that much smaller than you in your life?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: So, craziest time is a story got to be my guy Andre Hudson win the game. Coach is just rallying on him. I don't know about what and he you know, you know, Coach is a he's known for breaking the boards. Not that time Andre took that point start a stopping on the board snatching for him and stopped to snash him and that and Coach looked at him. He said, all right, you're gonna do. You better respond and Andre he responded, He played great that game. That's a tournament game too. I remember that day it was it was so that was one of my favorite thing was what coach is. He will push you, but he allowed you to respond and when you respond, he didn't just respond with words. You have to respond to your play. And that's one thing I loved about Coach is and you can see it now with the guys and then you're talking about coach his his coaching style changed totally and a lot of people got to understand that. A lot of you know, parents remember coach is as a firing guy running with those wooden shoes and sliding and then running back. But his coach and styles changed a lot. Back in the day, he used to focus only on being accountable. We were accountable to each other. We held each other accountable. You'll see guys like I remember Pete goes up he didn't want to go for a dunk. Team goes into space, that yell, and we held you know back, you know Charlie, same way he went back at h with Pete, I mean with Pete, and they will go back and forth. We held each other accountable. Well, now these players are a little different. We had more discipline the way we play. We played more into the roles coach is now he transferred and now he's doing more player development. Guys are doing a little more than just big role player of playing that particular role. And we leaned into leadership. Now that I think they lean into their numbers. They strengthen numbers. So the modern game, the way coach changed. He delegates a lot of stuff to his assistant coaches. You can see them grabbing the players and talking to the players. Well, coach he is did that lot when he you know, American managed that when you were playing. Now he delegates, So it's a big difference. And when you see the way coach is coach now, but he's changed with the time and I'm happy he did. And one on the court.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. I mean that's a big thing.
Speaker 1: You know, we look at what you know, one of his best friends, he talks about it a lot, and you know, hate Sue says, Swerve calls and you know, Nick Saban is one of tom Illo's best friends. And he was able to do that and adapt as the time. Shame because the players are different, you know, the rules are different. Yeah this you know, look, you know the things that they used to do to us. If you do it right now, you go to one of jail. That's to jail, you know, but I get my n I on money, but I go right now. That's the big thing.
Speaker 4: And you know, before we start talking about the game, because I do want to start talking about the game. But the way people played now, everybody said I wouldn't have played just like you said, I would have adapted, adapted, adapted, yeah, adapted. But the thing about the game now, it's so catered to six eight, six' nine. Guys it is crazy the guards rural. College but if you're a big guy who can put the ball on the, floor he could run the, floor he can shoot the outside shot just a little, bit you'll be. Sustainable coach is see. THAT i mean the players see. That we were all about six, eight six.' nine we, Wasn't huge we wasn't seven. For us even the seven, foot guys they don't do so great IN, the nba but they do well. In college but if you're talking about, the transfer the type of players we could, Have transferred tray would have made a great player. RIGHT now i would have transferred over because coach wanted more on the back because we, could run we, can defend and we can we can move, our feet.
Speaker 2: So you don't have to rely on the block. As, much, no no not.
Speaker 4: As much but it's more fun on. THE block, i mean just be honest. With you that game has changed, a lot but it's more people pay see men going at. Each other and that's what. You know when they take the hits away, from football it. BECOMES flat.
Speaker 5: I right.
Speaker 4: To see i'm gonna say, something SEXIST but i right. To, see uh the other league play seven? Or seven what, YOU'RE saying i don't know what, they're called. But Sexist but, i'm saying but when you take the, hits away, you know take away, that aggression you take away the really what makes. Football football, in basketball it's a it's a. Physical game when you take, that away you get what. They, see now, you KNOW the nba is going down and people start to watch The WOMEN basket wnba because, you know you start, seeing that you know what you take away the, nuance system you might as well. Watch again not to SAY that wnba or that that's not what but it needs to be. A balance it needs to be a balance in, saying that don't take too much what makes men basketball away from, beans basketball men's football away from.
Speaker 8: Man's, football yeah that's ACTUALLY what i like about, THIS team i think more than a lot of Them At michigan state in. A while is it almost feels like a throwback where you're seeing Guys Like jeremy fears and some of those other guys where they're doing those little things that don't show up on a StatSheet that win. You games and, you know, and basketball like, you said it's gotten away. From that now it's who can shoot the best, from deep and even if you can't, shoot it you're just gonna keep shooting it because percentage JUST say i made eight, of THEM but i might have taken seventeen or a guy that's just a. Great athlete where With This michigan, state team so, you know maybe they're not the best shooting team he's had by, any stretch but they do everything else to win basketball games at a, high level and that's kind of been their calling CARD where i know they, get like we don't have the go to guy, Or WHATEVER but i don't know that it's necessarily bad as much as they're just so team oriented and it's like an old school thing that a lot of people forgot that this is how it used to. Be like so, for me it's kind of more refreshing to watch it because that's the type of BASKETBALL that i grew, up WATCHING and, i enjoy, you know seeing the Things like Draymond That, Golden, state like, you know he's not gonna light it up from a, scoring standpoint because that's not what they need him to, do there but all the little plays by studying the screen right or getting the ball to the right spot for staff. Or whatever all that, stuff MATTERS and i think it kind of gets overlooked in the development of kids these days. PLAYING basketball i.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you, saying that, really DO because i think a lot of people. Don't stay you can make a career, off that and THAT'S what. I did i made the career just being, a winner doing the little things that takes. To win ONE thing i do like about this team is the way to get up and down. The court that reminds us when they take that ball off that you know the, team scores they take off, the net, they running, they agreebound, They're RUNNING and i think that is what people like, about them is taking. Quick advantage and coach you a great job daring people to play zone. ON them i don't think anybody want to play Zone Against michigan state right now because we're doing a great job attacking. Their zone we talk about what.
Speaker 1: That does, you know as a, basketball player you know you're on the opposing side and somebody, is said taking the ball off and then right back in transition, right away what does that make?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 2: Feel like what does it do to the psyche of the? Opposing team one.
Speaker 4: You don't get a chance to say the break, you know when scoring a point gives YOU that i. DON'T know I guess i'm a. Fat boy and side. Gets that so it makes you feel like you just. Say nice you don't get the chance to really enjoy. That cookie you have just got to get back put. IT down i gotta go back on. The treadmill IT'S like i gotta go back on. The treadmill and that so later you're gonna throw up if you keep playing, like that.
Speaker 2: You will Uh.
Speaker 4: SO uh i like the fact coach and having trust in your players to make their own decisions, AND coach i see that a lot that players are making. The better that's what we. Did before coach is a lot of people don't know that continues to call some of the calls when we. Were. Playing uh he gave a lot of freedom to, the GUARDS and i think he's doing a good job now. With that, BUT know i think they get. Into spots you know when you when you used to play back in, the days you get. Your spot you knew that was your spot because you knew where you're. Gonna go the other players knew what you're, gonna do so it's easier to React TO and i think that's what we're doing great is we're getting back to getting to your spots knowing what. You. Do great you, go left, go left you go right. Or right if you shoot, the ball shoot, the ball. Be confident we got your rebound and THAT'S what. I think that's what the team is. Doing great this year.
Speaker 3: You played With With jason Richards and kevin TOBE which i Didn't Know kevin tobell was the number one player coming out of high school when he Came To.
Speaker 2: MICHIGAN state i didn't.
Speaker 3: Know that to like, five spring five homecoming games five years ago. HOMECOMING games i, knew that, but uh someone wanted to know who was more athletic, and also uh for you and, my man my man on the other side, right, there jaen who are y'all top five.
Speaker 5: Players of all time with? Coach?
Speaker 4: Career, oh man you're gonna put me on the spot. With that, YOU know i can't. Stand last you, got happy but he ain't thinking about.
Speaker 9: Me anything, my, NAME man, I know i know you Guys, like pete but you say My. Name steve You, got pete You. Got Steve you stephen, din't play but you know He got stephen. In play, but okay so let.
Speaker 4: Me answer this. Last one kat was a man child when he came out of. High school you're talking. About athletic just the way he jumped and the way he floated through the air made he may jump and. LOOK easy I never i want to see. HIM play i ain't never seen anybody.
Speaker 1: Do.
Speaker 4: It Now jay rich was a. Different athletics but the way he jumped and, he sprank he just kept going. And, GOING unfortunately kt had a bone up in his ankle and that caused his athleticism to drop so much us, you know and that was that's that's why that question is, so hard because when you're an eighteen year old jumping, like that he didn't get to be a nineteen. Year, old now he didn't get to be a twenty. Year old he didn't get to be a twenty one. Year old and, your body if you know about the, BODY structure i jumped BETTER when i was, twenty one twenty TWO than i was. At nineteen some people don't understand that because you, got now you've, got strength you got, the athleticism and the way, we train you're. Gonna, jump obviously depending on how much weight you put on your body and your. It Matters But jay rich he had to be THE best i. Played with but this, car kid he has to be THE best i. Ever seen i'm gonna say this now he's talking about athlete of. All athletes this, CAR kid i think he could be the guy to go play any sports in. The world he could jump out, the gym he, could run he gets them down. The court what he can, play football he could be. A boxer he's actually the way. He is he can play in the sports and. Be successful And SO. Carl, j rish he might GOT you i love you y you want the, Dunk context but this, this man he's an athlete court court, top, five yeah.
Speaker 8: Top top five of. THAT'S tough i gotta have, l right.
Speaker 5: That's.
Speaker 2: Number One.
Speaker 8: Then martine like obviously for, obvious reason matteen cleaves.
Speaker 5: The leader he.
Speaker 8: Kind of got the whole. Thing, going uh the kind of got the, national championship all the, assist record all. That STUFF so i think you gotta go.
Speaker 2: With Him.
Speaker 8: Morris peterson.
Speaker 5: Just, you know he.
Speaker 8: Was clutch and then if you have, my team obviously you have his right, hand man where like they just know what the other one's thinking before they, Do it so, with HIM so i think you got both of those guys On The, New championship i'm A huge he was only here, one year so maybe that disqualifies him. From It But, zach, randolph like that's literally probably one of my favorite players ever watching where everything was below, the rim but he was just such a good basketball playerly like he did the, little things he knew how, to score just everything was great. With HIM so I Got zach randof on, the Team Probably jason richardson just because you got to have someone running the wing throwing the SYST which, I mean I guess peterson, does that but if you have those, two together And then i'd probably have, al right so we have the.
Speaker 4: BAGS covering.
Speaker 8: I think, another one which again he was the one, year GUY but i really enjoyed his, time Here Was, jaron jackson like just because then you have that stretch forward that you like. To have so then you Can Have zach zebo down in the paint doing, his thing and then you Can have jaron kind of spacing that out and letting him do his thing and getting. His shots and then you Know where zach couldn't protect the rim, on defense but he. Guarded guy then you have a rim Protector With. Jaron jackson those would probably be my my. Favorite ones and then, but yeah it's hard hard to because there's been so many guys that have been the guy where you almost forget guys that that, you know you just enjoyed watching play just because there's so many of them over the course of the.
Speaker 5: Thirty years HEY, double a what what are you?
Speaker 4: Doing now so thanks. For ACTION so i have a company Called A can international and we're management. Consulting company we do leadership and. Performance improvement THAT'S why i love, We focus THAT'S why i love talk, about leadership talk about what. It takes so we focus on, helping companies helping individuals and institutions kind of grow their business and tryd and grow what it takes to get that stuff out of. THE market a lot of things that, we do there's with, the suites the, c suites, the leaders the. Decision makers we deal with the people that make. The decisions so it's really important that they understand that that's so many different ways to look at perspective when you look into, a problem and we come up with different solutions. For that so that's one of the things. We Do then i've gotten. Another company We're. In africa we're doing industry Development. In africa there's Some stuff i'm going to send to you that's going to be. Really interesting we Believe, that africa being the youngest continent in, the world has great potential when it comes, to sports and the industry. IS sports i mean, it's infrastructure, to energy to all the way down to management of. This system so it's going to be a lot. Of THINGS UH A C A. N international i'm going to send it. To you you can find me on my. Social media you can get me a WW DOT A C A n international. Dot com that's. My website you'll see a zech what. We do we have. A newsletter we just got Back from guadalupe and we spoke with uh director of sports out there in, the country the Original of guadeloup and the, sports ministers and then we're trying to see what we can do to bring some of their stuff into. The. World, Nice, nice nice, that's.
Speaker 2: AWESOME man, i mean.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: We go you're pulling it up. The website that's, that shot. Producer shot you don't. Play, games.
Speaker 4: Yeah easy to. Find me you can find me on, social media you can find me on, a website you can Email me we got. Great team we respond. Very fast we really want to help people's. Ideas grow and we have Offices, In. Legos nigeria we have Partners. In tokyo we're all, over well try to have we have a. Growth mentality What, About ghana we have Partners. In ghana, in fact we were talking about doing some Stuff in ghana coming up when it comes to development of their health and wellness infrastructure. Out there, so yeah we we do got People. In ghana we got a lot of People, In. Okay columbia we may come.
Speaker 2: Out THERE and i learned, about it, you know, Love It, DONNA guyana. I learned i learned a lot. About That it's werve.
Speaker 1: Talking man swerve is international and people don't Know That Cedric swerven irving is an internationally known commodity Aka. Poppy tool, listen man, YOU know i really appreciate what you've done here and coming on the show and showing us what's going On With michigan. State basketball when you look at what's going on And happen, Tomorrow Night michigan State faces briant at ten PM. On tbs, you know this is a team that's known to move up and down. The court, You, know corey you know. About this i'm sure you've had to break this down yourself at two Point. Seven sports you know how your person who has been in the, first round you just said that it's a not a great place to be.
Speaker 2: The league, you know like this is so much on.
Speaker 1: The live this is a team that can run and shoot with the best. Of them what do you think the outcome of this game will?
Speaker 4: Be tomorrow so the, first GAME like i, always say is getting everybody on the on the on the, right tone the right. Path together gotta know your you gotta know. Your opponent you got to give them great respect. A lot, you, know right they're here for. A reason they didn't just make it here. By mistake they're not just uh the same preseason and the team that just, come out they got to understand they they're one of the best shot block of teams. Out there and that's something that you know they, you know no, matter what you got to take it to. Their chess they got six years fiftieth seniors and you got fifty or six. Years seiens they, got experience they got, you know this is their last, go round and some of them think this is their way to get TO the nba or to get. Their, Overseas look so have a great Game Against. Michigan state some shots may, go in then you must sky report you, got it whether weather. The storm first, to hit, you know don't get hitting them. Off first be a boxer first, of all who get sending them out usually the one, That fall so learn how to. Hit first, next thing stay, stick together really, stick together because things may happen that you know you might. Not suspect you may not catch, The ball you may slip out in the hand because you know nuns. Hits you so sticking together so those kinds of things need. To happen another THING is i you know we, YOU know i don't know, about you but scenes got to step up and show you know why. THE scenes i have a lot of Things. ABOUT frankie i tell frank HE'S the. X factor he, got played he got played like this is this last it's his last. GO round i see him BEING an x factor in these kind. Of games he may not be in a big like we talked about, big scoreboard but those little things will count when it comes to where they. Gotta go so, seeing, leadership understanding respecting, your opponent knowing what they. Do well they, block shots take it to, that chest take it to. That chest they're gonna. Hit shots you're gonna hit some some. Crazy shots this is how. It is they got fifty or six. Year seniors you gotta they gotta. Transfer there that's. A junior so there's a lot of people out there that, you know they they got a lot to. Play for and play. Your game don't try to do something you haven't done in. A while play, your game keep, it simple and then whether the storm and everything will be Okay For. Michigan state that's. My, prediction.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Your muted all he said was to sum it up.
Speaker 3: The, head.
Speaker 2: Yes what's what's your thoughts on?
Speaker 6: This?
Speaker 8: THING yeah i think it'll be an entertaining game just because both teams like, to run so it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: FAST paced.
Speaker 8: I think the question is can they match the Physicality That michigan state's. Gonna bring and they block, shots well, BUT defensively i don't know that they're the most efficient defensive team, out there so that maybe they do some gambles where they can protect the rim a, little bit but they're susceptible to getting beat off the dribble and stuff. Like THAT so i Think For, michigan state, you know attack. The rim That's Where michigan state's at. Their best and when you go, into it you got to go do with what you. Do Best And michigan state's best when they're. Attacking it And like, al mentioned, you know if you've got, shot blockers that's just get right into, their chests see if they get up vertical, or not throw some fowels and then just wear them out. WITH numbers i think it's kind of the goal and just, you know do your game and it should be.
Speaker 2: All right, you know, you know somebody needs to put.
Speaker 1: UP here I heard corey had ten k On the wolverines laugh out especially and you know just.
Speaker 5: JUST what i don't know.
Speaker 2: HE said i guess he.
Speaker 1: Means Winning, but corey, YOU know i got to ask, you about, you Know A michigan state football spring, football question because it wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Be right you're.
Speaker 1: ON here, i mean we got The Great alan, gawn here but you know we got to talk. About football just for. A second what are you Hearing About michigan state football? Right now you know we're not having a.
Speaker 4: Spring game, you.
Speaker 1: Know there's been lots of conversation. About that what is your take on what's happening And Where michigan state football.
Speaker 8: IS headed, I mean i just think that's you're going to say you've seen other teams. Do it that's just where the game is right now because there's no protection for your your players because it's literally putting them on an auction right before the. Portal opens SO so i mean until there's something, in PLACE which i think the.
Speaker 4: But that's like the.
Speaker 2: Auction, BLOCK.
Speaker 8: Yeah i mean at, this point like you go see a guy out there make some plays and then then all of a sudden you have five hundred thousand dollars to entice them. To leave you know how that IS because i think the spring is maybe the last of the really wild west. Of it if they do get something, in place which you know that looks like they're trying to, do that whether the courts, allow it where you're gonna get rid of some of the the craziness with it and level out the money where it needs to BE because, I mean i've said On The You guys show a lot, of times no kid should be taking a pay cut from going from college TO the nfl as a good player like like that just don't make no sense if this is the highest level and you're making more money to stay in college than you've got just the system a little. Bit BETTER so i think you're gonna if what they Do in, new effect where you kind of limit the chaos and you put that hard cap, on it like they're talking about outside of the legitimate nil stuff where, YOU'RE advertising i think you can get beyond that and maybe we'll start seeing spring games and spring showcases again around. The COUNTRY but i think you're gonna see a lot of Teams Besides, Michigan state texas has already announced they're, doing it and they have as much money, As anybody so, you know it's just gonna be what it is until there's some protection for in place for your guys to.
Speaker 2: Not jump.
Speaker 5: BUT so, i MEAN like i get, it.
Speaker 8: BECAUSE like, i said like you've had a lot of, great times you bring your kids to, those games, they're free all, That STUFF like i get all, That stuff but the bottom line is the, bottom, Line uh and that's what happened in the fall with. Their, roster yeah.
Speaker 2: That's one of.
Speaker 1: THOSE things i just want to ask you a question before we get out. Of here what are your Thoughts On kid cunningham And The.
Speaker 4: Detroit pistons congratulations to them, right now they're.
Speaker 2: PLAYING better.
Speaker 4: I think that they're finding, their way they're finding how, to WIN and i think that's what the city has been. Waiting for and they're start to represent how the. City looks the way, They're playing they're bringing pieces, from everywhere AND they're i think they're. Buying in they're, buying IN and i think the city is starting to embrace them a. Lot more, Me personally i'm just waiting for. The playoffs i'm one of. THOSE guys i love, you guys but, come on let's let's get over this. Little huddle then let's get to. The playoffs let's get to the playoffs and let's. Make noise AND then i, could say. LET'S go i like where, it's going but we got to get over. This home. This home just making the playoffs, is cool but let's make noise in. The playoffs, oh yeah what's up?
Speaker 5: For?
Speaker 8: IT yeah i agree. With them i've kind of been Watching the, Pistons too but IN, the nba it's all all about the playoffs that when that intensity. Ratchets it But, BUT yeah i like what you're seeing from them because they're kind of the same thing that we talked About With, michigan state but obviously at the AT the nba level where the talent's obviously more refined, and higher and then you got the Superstar And. Kate cunningham but but you look at it like they're they're just all happy. To win they don't care who makes the shot or the past. Or Whatever they they're just bought in as. A TEAM and i think that's fun to see them do that again because we had some disasters years with them since the going to work. Team, THERE.
Speaker 4: Yeah I think i think that is if you ever looked at the teams that Won The sham Ships, In, detroit yeah that is. Our formula That is, detroit teams all the bad. Boy teams every bad boy team was a group of guys. Came together if, you individually they ain't gonna be, great superstars but when you put, them together. They will they make. Great team they, won CHAMPIONSHIP and i think that's what they're stuned. To Understand and i'm Gonna say, michigan stated we. Started it, michigan stated we started WITH and i Think because michigan can has learned their, lesson. Tradition, malice tradition malice that we do for our, tradition matters like even the kissing up, the spawn. It matters that's How, we.
Speaker 2: Yeah That's what i'm. Talking about what That's.
Speaker 4: What detroit is trying. To do it's trying to get some type of tradition back. Into THEM and i think that's what they're stunted. To see like, team basketball the way we play back in the eighties, AND nineties i think THAT'S a dna of. The city it's a whole bunch of people coming together to make. One car so and that call would Be a Cadillac and i'm. Driving, it so but that is that is and he Goes of detroit and the city should represent the team should represent. The CITY and i think that's what this team. Is doing a whole bunch of individuals coming together play like. A, team yeah you got k but you got. Other people he's doing. Great too all these other players pieces are coming together and that it, looks good no doubt.
Speaker 2: About. IT brother.
Speaker 1: I, love Detroit. Love michigan you know we All Love michigan. State swear let's your find thoughts before.
Speaker 2: We get out.
Speaker 3: Of, Here man first, OF all i want to THANK double a giving us, the knowledge giving us the tradition. And history always a pleasure to hear, my Man. C rob but you, Know what i'm just happy right Now That mama hall was tune back in and and supporting the. Podcast again, Thank You. Mama hall you made my night.
Speaker 5: To night.
Speaker 1: Appreciate, YOU oh i love that you know And see rob definitely thank you for what you've been, able to, you know contribute to.
Speaker 2: EVERY show, i mean it's what. You do but, now wish, hey baby, hey man look.
Speaker 4: On these days you don't get my, Name. RIGHT aloysious I.
Speaker 1: Love.
Speaker 2: ALISIOUS man i.
Speaker 1: Want to tell you.
Speaker 4: A story i can't say it Online because I'LL be i will definitely.
Speaker 10: Be canceled but way of saying My, Name Aloysious. I'LL tellious, I wish, i Wish but i'm Telling you i'll tell you, the STORY but i can't tell YOU because I know i will be CANCELED if.
Speaker 2: I cancel we gonna let you.
Speaker 5: Get.
Speaker 1: Canceled bro we, love, you man we, Love you we love thim so we love every thing that you guys. Stand For In michigs state basketball and. Athletics, completely lloysus.
Speaker 4: You give you a. Hard time we get, it here.
Speaker 5: Blading me i'm not even gonna. Try double we.
Speaker 2: Gonna try, all right, all right but send your girlfriend Lloysous.
Speaker 8: C Rob I'm.
Speaker 2: Jason straighthorn this Is.
Speaker 1: Sparta, imsue everybody have a, Good night god bless, you all and, Go green, go, white white