Speaker 1: A rod or is it the goobers. The goobers deliver.
Speaker 2: I deliver based on the topics that I think you're doing or are doing. Huh, but right now they could wake up a little.
Speaker 1: They need to wake up. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: I feel it out. If I feel like you're done with a topic, I'll move on. If I feel like something will get you into a good topic, I contribute, or let a googer contribute.
Speaker 1: No, so you say we do have talkbacks but you're not using them. Well, it's all about quality and direction of the show.
Speaker 3: Oh so, so we do have talkbacks, but you're not using them.
Speaker 1: Editorial decisions. Okay, well, don't you worry.
Speaker 2: We've got a few butt but overall, the overarching theme wake up, goobers.
Speaker 1: You heard the drill, sergeant, wake up, wake up. That's right.
Speaker 3: I would say it's Californians, but I would say it's Californians, Washingtonians, Colorado's Illinois, Massachusetts, I mean all of the sanctuary states. Oregon as all of those citizens, and they're foul fellow travelers obviously, you know, fly Mexican flags, burned cars, attacks, attack the cops, loot rob burn whatever they're going to do. All of what's called part of the mostly peaceful protests against the immigrations and Customs enforcement roundups.
Speaker 1: There's not very much attention being paid to.
Speaker 3: Who these apparently meritorious undocumented people are in real life in this country. First, let's dispel the notion that they're all Mexicans, and California is not all Mexicans. My weekend producer Michael and I, who happens to be Hispanic. He and I were talking about this about how he can't understand as a Mexican himself, as an American citizen but of Mexican descent, he can't understand why the flying of the Mexican flag seems to dominate everything.
Speaker 1: Well, I think there's a lot more.
Speaker 3: I'm not an immigrant, but absent immigration, American would not be the country that we know that it is. If it were not for the immigrant population in the country, the legal immigrant population in this country, the United States would look like I don't know, Japan, old and aging. But still there are likely more foreign born people in the United States today than at any time in our entire history. And there's a chart that I found, and I'll try to go through the chart in a minute. But I don't want to go directly into the numbers yet. I want to add more of a framework before I get into some of the specifics.
Speaker 1: But legal immigrants in America work more.
Speaker 3: They have a higher workforce participation rate compared to native born Americans. You thought I was going to say compared to illegal aliens, but no, legal immigrants. Those who came here lawfully proper visas became legal citizens, naturalized citizens. They have a higher workforce participation rate compared to native born Americans, and they have higher educational attainment. Indeed, there are only two places that I can find in the entire world that the world's lead. The inventors want to be in. Two places that if if you're an inventor, if you have that kind of brain, that kind of mentality, and or you're an innovator. I shouldn't just say inventor, but you're an innovator. There are only two places in the world that you want to go to, Switzerland and the United States. If you try to put the United States of America on a chart with all of the other countries of the world when you compare significant inventions, you can't because the number in the United States is so high that it pops off any chart you might put together. Immigrants, legal immigrants come to this country to thrive. But I remember I rule about but this wave of uncontrolled immigration, like those that washed over the country during the Biden administration, those waves have implications for the country that we cannot ignore. So let's step back for just a second and look at Europe. There can be little doubt that the millions of Muslim invaders are changing Europe. And it's not just that Muhammad happens to be the number one baby name in the United Kingdom and has been climbing through the top ten for the past almost decades since twenty sixteen. It's that increasingly certain Muslim populations in Europe are not integrating into the host country. Here's a huge difference, and this does show up in the numbers that the European Union is willing to collect, because they're not willing to collect all the numbers. But from the numbers that the EU is willing to collect about what they refer to as migration, here's one that does show up in Europe today. In the EU twenty seven, if you are foreign born and if you're not foreign born from another EU state. In other words, you're not born in Switzerland and you're now living in Brussels. You're not born in Germany and you're now living in the UK. But if you're not foreign born from another EU state, in other words, if you're born outside the EU and you're a young person, you are twice as likely as young people from the EU, twice as likely as young people from the EU to be neither in employment in other words, to be unemployed, nor to be in education or any sort of training. You're just being, You're just living. I'm always fascinated in this country, whether it's something I see on television or I see when I'm driving around Colorado. People who seem to have nothing to do. And I'm not talking about, you know, your eighty five year old grandfather. I'm not talking about your obviously disabled, you know, crazy uncle. I'm talking about say eighteen to thirty five year olds or older, you know, maybe slut let's say eighteen to fifty five, who are just wandering around, or they're just sitting in their neighborhood, or they're just out. And I know, for example, I've got weird hours, right, so I'm here every morning, you know, way before six o'clock and then boom, I'm at here at ten o'clock. And while many people think that my day is done, no, my days not anywhere near done. But it also gives me the flexibility that, for example, I need to you know how much I love the garage, Well, I gotta go by and see Paul at the garage when I finish here, because i need a few things done on the beamer. And I'm also probably gonna go have the beamber detailed today because I'm gonna park it in the garage for a couple of days ago. I'm gonna be using the jeep for some other stuff, so, you know, so I'm gonna be out and about. Well, people may look at me and go, what's that old guy doing? Running around not doing it? Why is he outworking? So I get that people have different schedules, but to be blunt, there are certain areas that I would say are of a lower demographic where you can drive around and you'll find people loitering at the convenience store, loitering in just in it on the street block, not seemingly employed gainfully or doing anything. And my caveat is Okay, so maybe they work odd hours, but I don't really believe that because they just at any time of day you can find these groups of people. So going back to the EU, because this is where we can find some good stats on this again in Europe today, in the U twenty seventh, in the EU twenty seven, if you're foreign born, and if you're not foreign born from another EU state, if you're born outside the EU and you're a young person, you are twice as likely as a young person in the EU to be unemployed and not going to school or to any sort of training. You are much more likely to be what they describe in these EU stats as being outside of society. You're not a productive member of society. You're living off your leechs on society. You have not joined, you have not assimilated. Now that's not true of our immigrants, of our legal immigrants, you do not find that they are neither employed nor in education or training. They're actually doing that now in addition to be on a slow road to nowhere, neither in employment or in education or in training. And in fact, the EU actually has an acronym for that, neither in employment or in education and training need in ee T euro needs. So these are Europeans that are neither in employment nor in any sort of education or training euro needs. So I'm going to refer to euro needs for a minute. Eural needs are likely to nurture grievances, to complain more than their immigrant parents about prejudice, to perceive all these societal injustices directed their way. Everybody's against them, everybody's out to get them. Now, instinctively, if you've been paying attention, you know that's true. That in part is that's where the angry crowds of FAMAS supporters are coming from inside the United Kingdom or France or Germany or anywhere else for that matter. It may well be where the new found hostility to Israel and support for an institution in government, governance free Palestinian state is coming from. Now, I don't think we should have any doubt that this will, over time do anything but transform the Europe that we know into a Europe that we do not know. Now America is still different, at least for the moment, because I think that assimilation is still achievable, and the overwhelming cohorts from the New World, just Central and South America are not so terribly dissimilar from say, the Mexicans that dominated illegal immigration into the United States until about around two thousand and seven. But there are some critical differences that require our attention. And I want emphasized too that while I do believe this assimilation is still achievable, I actually think that our own government and all the NGOs that we fund, actually discourage assimilation because if you're not required to go into education or into a training program, if you're not required to work, because you get all of these freebies so that you can loiter around your neighborhood, become more isolated, and assimilation becomes less and less likely the more that goes month to month, year to year to year. So I would have described to you some of the numbers that in terms of legal immigrants were or foreign born people foreign born citizens. To put it precisely, America may never have had as high a percentage of immigrants in our now national population as we do right now. For example, going all the way back to eighteen fifty, there were about eight point seven percent of the some twenty two million people that were in the country, about eight point seven percent were immigrants, and that steadily rose through about nineteen ten to a high of about fourteen point seven percent. Between say nineteen hundred and nineteen twenty I have about fourteen almost fifteen percent, and then it just dropped all the way down to nineteen seventy when foreign born the percentage of foreign born people in this country decreased to the lowest ever four point seven percent, less than five percent. In nineteen seventy, foreign born numbers in millions was nine point six million. That was about four point seven percent of the population. Then from nineteen seventy through twenty twenty four, it is at a almost i would say sixty degree angle. The chart going almost straight up at a ninety degree not quite ninety degree, not forty five degrees, but somewhere when you know sixty to seventy degree angle. And from nineteen seventy, when they were about nine point six or nine point five million foreign born citizens in this country, it's skyrocketed to fifty one point four million. I'm talking about legal foreign born people who are now citizens. It's skyrocketed to fifty one point four million, which accounted to about fifteen point five percent of the population. There's an astounding number, and it's an astounding increase. And while America is different than Europe for the moment, and I do believe that some assimilation is still achievable, but not as long as the government can keeps putting up roadblocks and disincentives. Because it's two types. It's an actual roadblock because we don't put together or supply the necessary infrastructure for people to become legal citizens. We don't have enough immigration judges, we don't have enough enforcement officers, we don't have enough anything. So that's a roadblock. But there's also a disincentive. And the disincentive is why become a citizen? Because go back to the very end of the last hour, and I just mentioned I also happen to notice that ABC News carry that same story at the top of the hour that HHS is turning over the Medicaid personally identifying information of illegal aliens who are on Medicaid over to the Department of Homeland Security. Well, when you think about what that really is, those are people who are in the country illegally, who you are, at your expense, receiving medicaid. That's the disincentive. Why would you ever become a US citizen? Particular feear between the ages of eighteen and fifty five, where that would kick you off Medicaid. And now you have a job, and now you either have to use the company, you have to pay for the company provided insurance where you have to you have to get insurance on your own. It becomes inherently a disincentive to becoming a citizen. While while assimilation is achievable, we don't encourage.
Speaker 1: It at all at all. And in so far as education between legal immigrants and.
Speaker 3: Natural boor or American born citizens, those members are astonishing too.
Speaker 1: That's next, Michael.
Speaker 4: I agree, you come, Harry, you should get zero benefits. If you can't feed yourself, close yourself, put yourself in a house, tough, you have to leave, go back home.
Speaker 3: Remembered acts as both a barrier to assimilation and a disincentive to assimilation. And when you don't have assimilation, you have exactly what's going on in the United Kingdom, and that's the under destruction of their society. Same as true in France. You know, the French are so focused on their culture as they should be. They have a great culture, they have a great country. I mean there's some stupid things about it, but they do everything they can to preserve their culture everything from much like Italy does their cheeses and their wines and everything to make sure that they're authentic and that they're legit and that you know, you keep counterfeits out of the marketplace, and they and their way of life, whether you agree with it or not, their culture is their culture and they're very protective of it. We seem to just go the route that Germany's going, or Portugal is going, Spain's going, but in particular the United Kingdom's going, where the destruction of their culture will lead to the disintegration of our society. So let's think about this country, because we're still different, at least for the time being, there are critical differences that require our attention. Today's illegal aliens are increasingly not even high school educated. The data that I can find suggests that unlike American dropouts, these folks are in the workforce the American dropouts. They're in the workforce. They have a different work ethic even though they don't complete a high school education. But that said, it is notable that this cohort has even fewer skills than their predecessors. So what does that mean? So let's take another step back. One of the arguments that supporters of illegal immigration actually make is that by virtue of the nature of the tax system, these illegal aliens pour more into our nation's coffers than they take out. But that's not easy to reckon all the numbers. No matter how you slice it, illegals are a net burden on the national fisk. So I found a report, and here's what's in the report. There is considerable disagreement about the fiscal imp of immigration in the United States. There is little doubt that that net impact depends upon the age and educational attainment of immigrants. But calculating net present value of income, tax revenue and public benefits streams is difficult, not only for reasons of modeling complexity, but for the assumptions and body as we see here, Daniel D. Martine of the Manhattan Institute and David Beer the Cato Institute arrive at dramatically different estimates of the net fiscal impact of immigration by age and education of immigrant.
Speaker 1: Cohorts, even though their work.
Speaker 3: Commences at the same starting point and relies on the same data sources. Both agree, however, that migrants with no more than a high school degree when taken as a whole, costs the country more in public benefits than they can contribute in taxes. So the Manhattan Institute and CATO, even though they wander around different ways as they go through their study, come to the same conclusion that illegal aliens that don't have anything other than or less than a high school degree, taken as a whole, costs the country more in public benefits than they contribute in taxes. Now, am I being nerdy? Of course I'm nerdy. But does it create an uglier picture of illegal immigration? Then we've been led to believe by the cabal over the years, And the answer is yes, of course it does. But there's an even more important byproduct of the Biden wave of all these illegal aliens. If you like me and these studies believe that you know legal immigration is is good and great good for our country, and that diversity is actually a strength, and that we should have a better, stronger system of legal immigration that continues to sustain the country, then you ought to know that Biden screwed us, or whoever it was rating the country screwed us and screwed us big time. Support for legal migration, legal immigration, immigration to the country has dropped like a like a brickoff of building. And the cause of that drop is the unrestricted open border that prevailed when you know, demented Joe was president. Now, is that the right reaction? Maybe not, but it's far from surprising. And you can bet your bottom dollar that the riots that are spreading from the People's Democratic Republic of California, for example, are not going to help.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 3: These findings are eye opening. We now have more a higher proportion of foreign born in the United States, mainly legal but also including illegal. We have a higher proportion of foreign born in the United States than we even had it back in the eighteen nineties. We've never been where we are now in terms of the total proportion of foreign born in this country. And another thing which is important is that legal immigrants have a higher educational profile than native born Americans and certainly more than illegal aliens. Illegal aliens a much lower educational profile. And then another point to emphasize is that the United States is an economy that really does depend upon foreign born labor, including sadly illegal labor, and just snapping our fingers and saying be gone is not going to be quite as easy. From an economic standpoint, as we might think the surge of the illegal immigration, the border chaos that was deliberately allowed, deliberately instigated border chaos, and the Biden administration had a huge impact on public support for all immigration, including legal immigration. And I don't know that we could have done a much more brilliant job of actually poisoning the average American support for legal immigration than what Biden did over the last four years. And that's going to take some repairing, and it's going to and I wanted to be repaired because I do believe that. Look, we go back to the point I made at the very beginning of the hour about if you're an exceptionally smart person anywhere in the world and you have an idea for an invention, or you maybe you already have a small company in some foreign country, but you know that you can make that company bigger, stronger. You just need to do some innovation. There are only two places in the world that those people want to go, Switzerland and the United States. Now why would that be Well, primarily one, We're the largest economy in the world. So if you're going to come here, we mostly and I emphasize the word mostly, make it easy for you to come here and to innovate and to grow and become as big as you want to. And then you can take that company, and while you may still stay in the United States, you can take whatever product or services that company provides, make it international, make a transnational, and you can take it back to your small, little crabhole country that you came from, and you can improve your own country while making this country even stronger itself. The same is true in Switzerland too. It's it's just difficult to find reliable data about all of this stuff, and using whatever AI apps that I use to try to find that, it takes time and effort to do it. But with the wave of hostility to immigration, legal and illegal right now, which does seem like an anomaly, you you know, think back historically. I always think going back historically is important. We had a huge surge of legal immigration in the country in the first Gilded Age eighteen eighties, eighteen nineties, nineteen hundreds. At the same time that we had that huge surge, we also had even at that time, growing anti migration movements, and we came within a hair of basically stopping foreign immigration into the country in nineteen oh five, we came very close to it what finally stopped foreign immigration into the country World War One, but then after the war didn't let up.
Speaker 1: After the war.
Speaker 3: In the early nineteen twenties, we had very strict legislation, mostly a lot of it's still in effect, limiting foreign immigration in the United States that's never been revisited or changed until the mid nineteen sixties. What we're living with now didn't start until really the nineteen seventies after that legislation. But again, those who came here legally after that change in legislation have proved to be incredibly productive citizens.
Speaker 1: That we ought to be welcoming more of.
Speaker 3: But we're too busy right now because of the tidal wave of illegal immigration. We're not focused on trying to make certain that the legal pathway for those people that we really do want to come here have the resources and that we have the infrastructure in place that would allow them to come here. And I think it's something that Trump needs to focus on as much as deporting the worst of the worst and continuing the success and starting in stopping the flow of illegal immigration of the country. At the same time. The title is deportation Flights reach highest level under Trump so far, and it goes back to May of twenty four when it showed these are number of flights per week and it was just slightly more than twenty back in May of twenty twenty twenty four, and then it bumps up to about forty flights. It almost doubled to forty flights. And I would say it bounced around between twenty and forty from May of twenty twenty four through January of this year, and then, for whatever reason, it dropped off significantly until May, and then it started to dramatically increase. Where now the latest government data shows that the number of daily deporties averages about eight hundred and fifty per day. In that's in the first two weeks of May, the number of flights was about fifty. So obviously we're starting to increase the numbers now. According to data collected by The New York Times and others, ICE conducted one hundred and ninety deportation flights in May, more than any months since September twenty one, oney eighty three total flights including domestic transfers returns from deportations, more than in any month since at least the first Trump administration, and the rests are beginning to spike. Two The top deportation destination since Trump took office Guatemala at one hundred and forty two, Honduras one sixteen, Mexico one hundred and one, and then it drops significantly. El Salvador, Ecuador, Venezuela to Nicaraugua, Dominican Republic.
Speaker 1: Peru, and Brazil.
Speaker 3: Two removals removal flights a week now regularly travel to Venezuela after Maduro, under pressure from Trump, agreed to start accepting deportees and the Supreme Court obviously ruled that he could do that, But the flights moving detainees around the country have also increased.
Speaker 1: So there's all this movement going on. And I'm all for all of this movie.
Speaker 3: Whether you're moving them to you know, the appropriate detention facility, or you're deporting them out of the country, whatever you're doing, I'm all for it. But when you recognize that if we have twenty million illegal aliens in the country, you know, I've seen different calculations done about you know, it'll be fifty years before we can get all those people out, or twenty five years, depending on who's doing the calculation and all the variables they put in the point though, is this, what are we going to do with all these people? Because the real world says we probably will not in our lifetime ever get all of them out, and many of them will grow old and die before we can get them out. Some may actually go on to be actually productive citizens that we.
Speaker 1: Want to keep here.
Speaker 3: The question is what do we do with them? What do we create a path to citizenship or do we double down on our efforts to deport knowing that it's a it's amount everest that will never reach the pinnacle. Think about that, because somewhere, somehow we have to deal with