Speaker 1: Escape Escape Tonight Too Occupied France and the Underground.
Speaker 2: A Columbia Broadcasting System and its affiliated stations presents Escape, a new series of programs, of which this the second is Operation Flori de Lys, written and directed by William N. Robeson today, the fourteenth of July, the people of a free France celebrate the anniversary of their escape from the tyranny of the Kings of Versailles. One hundred and fifty eight years ago. Today, the people of Paris stormed the Bastille and leftloose the French Revolution. The torch of liberty set a fire that day never burned more fiercely than during the years when France was occupied by the Nazis. Tonight Too occupied France from which three years ago there was no escape.
Speaker 3: You can call me Duke, but don't use my right name.
Speaker 4: I might want to go back to France someday, And there are a lot of people in the world that wouldn't understand that what I did was justified in the war. No, I don't have any regrets, moral ones. That is, it isn't what I did to Renee that keeps me awake at nights. It's just a memory of her there isn't much a body in my official report on Operation Flirtily, but then it isn't customary to include descriptions of slim, sunburned legs and wide, deep brown eyes and a military document. And anyway, she was only an incident in the operation, even if she became somewhat more important to me. Operation Florida Lee began like all the others in the grubby, undistinguished house in London, which was the headquarters of the OSS, the Office of Strategic Services, otherwise nonliest parts of the world as screwballs, cutthroats, spies, cloak and dagger boys and American underground agents gentlemen.
Speaker 5: Operation flirt de Les has planned to assist the advance of our forces once they've secured a beachhead of Normandy. Is that where we're going in major That is one of the possibilities, Lieutenant, Yes, sir, you will jump over Grandma in northern France.
Speaker 6: Here on the map.
Speaker 5: You are to set up roadblocks on these three state highways, here, here, and here.
Speaker 7: There is an underground contact near Grandma's.
Speaker 5: Yes, Al Sine Dutton, he's leader of the local my quys expecting you. In addition, you are to block these railroad lines entering and leaving Graandmont. These operations are to coincide with the advance of our ground.
Speaker 3: Forces if they land in Normandy.
Speaker 5: If they land in Normany, you will then plain tonight at twenty one hundred hours and will drop over your objectivet I should think approximately twenty two hundred and thirty Any questions.
Speaker 7: No, I don't think so, sir.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, sir, I have a question, Yes, lieutenant, how many of us are going on this mission? Just the two of you?
Speaker 4: Just the two of us, And all we had to do was organize an underground army, disrupt the supply lines of a half a dozen Nazi divisions, and give support to the entire light invasion.
Speaker 3: Just the two of us. But that's the way the USS works, and nobody ordered Hill and me into it. We'd volunteered. I don't know why.
Speaker 4: Maybe for moments like this one, when you get a BE twenty four assigned to you as a personal taxi and there's lots of room to sprawl around after the bombings.
Speaker 7: How do you feel fine? Scared?
Speaker 3: Of course I'm scared, aren't you me?
Speaker 1: Nah, there's a walk you forget how tough it was when we were at Paratroops school at Bennick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was real rugged.
Speaker 1: If the wind wasn't right, you might land in the chatdooochie and get all wet.
Speaker 3: And it was always the chances you'd sprain your ankle coming down too.
Speaker 1: Hot and the sun was so bright on some of those daylight jumps.
Speaker 3: Whereas we got none of those things to worry about.
Speaker 4: Here, a nice pitch black night over France, no sun to blind us, no Chatahoochee river to.
Speaker 2: Fall into, yer Tenant.
Speaker 3: Yes, Sergeant Paper wants to talk to you on the intercom. Thanks, here, use my cans thik you do here.
Speaker 7: Lieutenant, And when we're objective.
Speaker 3: Any signal from the ground.
Speaker 1: Yes, the one arranged.
Speaker 8: Four duds, two dashes green, Very well, you're Lieutenant Hill. Move into the bombay cut open bombay doors in thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: Roger, good luck. Thanks, Sergeant stand by to dump those supplies as soon as we're clear. Yes, sir, come on it. This is someone has said, is it?
Speaker 1: So assume just as I was settling down a good book, Bombay dodge are opening, sir.
Speaker 3: Okay, sergeant all right, ed, Let's check your hardness.
Speaker 7: It's a frightful mess. I just can't seem to do a thing with it.
Speaker 3: I know, but this is the last party you'll have to wear it on. Okay, am I well, don't look now, but your shoot showing. Check it in. Let's get out on that catwalk.
Speaker 8: Wow, freshing breeze and all up France at our feet.
Speaker 5: You see the signal.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm looking.
Speaker 8: For there it is over to the left.
Speaker 3: You got it, got it? Let's go, your kid, Sure, your kid? It helps? What for those ten seconds while you fall free?
Speaker 2: Nothing helps.
Speaker 3: You hang onto the rip cord and you count off the seconds, so you're trying not to count too fast.
Speaker 4: Your hand on that rip cord is the only certain thing in the world is your tumble hit over teacups with a wind tearing sound from your ears. And there's only one thought, always the same thought, whether it's your first or your fiftieth jump.
Speaker 3: We'll the shoot open.
Speaker 4: It does yanking at your armpits, knocking the breath out of you, slowing you down, and you swing there like a rag doll, trying to get your bearings. First, you make out the horizon. That's where the black becomes darker black, where the stars stop, and you wonder about ed, but you can't risk calling out. And now that you're located with the stars a right, you look for the signal light and there it is slightly to the left, so you tug at your shroud lines, spelling a little air that guides you toward it, and it's coming towards you awfully fast, and you hope this particular French patriot has picked out a field free of trees and church steepens. And then you try to remember all the things they taught you about hitting the ground and rolling with the wind and collapsing your shot, because it's always like this, You always feel like you've.
Speaker 3: Never hit the silk before. And then you're down and you roll just right and you collapse your shoot and it's second nature to you after all.
Speaker 4: And then you hear footsteps running towards you, and you remember another important instruction, your whip on. You're automatic, and you hope your frien's is good enough to get you.
Speaker 8: Buy kivah, Who is it Elseine?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 7: Where?
Speaker 3: Okay? Elsceine? Come on less?
Speaker 5: You have arrived, Lieutenant, So it seems you have no idea how long we wish for this morning.
Speaker 3: That's my partner. Come on he yeah, ed o the hair, Duke, Okay, my hump and oh it's just slightly damage otherwise, Okay, this is al scene, our content, el seine, Lieutenant hill h el.
Speaker 6: Scene, Lieutenant.
Speaker 5: It is a great pleasure to make your acquaintance and on behalf of my country.
Speaker 4: Now let's get these shoots buried and blow this place. Where's your transportation, el scene.
Speaker 5: We haven't any wh where's this safe house? You might be able to stay at my hands? I don't think she'd talk.
Speaker 7: I don't think. Aren't you sure?
Speaker 6: Oh yes, I'm supremely confident that.
Speaker 3: There are the Germans.
Speaker 5: They're everywhere, and that is why I'm so glad you're here. Now we can fight again. With your help, we will kill many bush.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, how many are there than you're a marquis myself, than two others? Just three of you?
Speaker 7: Oh, my aching bag.
Speaker 6: But now that the Americans are here, we can do anything.
Speaker 4: Oh why don't they get these things straight in London? How can we block roads with a three man my key?
Speaker 7: Three men in an ant who perhaps will not talk.
Speaker 3: Well, let's get cracking, Duke.
Speaker 1: You're not going through with this mad adventure are you what would you suggest? Well, as for me, I'm all for taking the next plane back to London.
Speaker 3: Another lieutenant, No, thank you man.
Speaker 9: This bone chicken is delicious.
Speaker 6: How do you call it?
Speaker 3: Ky rastion supreme?
Speaker 9: We've had nothing like it since the Bosh came.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well you get used to it.
Speaker 5: And cigarettes, Tom Mally cigarettes made of real tobacco. Ah, you Americans have everything, madam.
Speaker 3: I'll scene.
Speaker 4: You're kind, You're hospitable, but the comforts of k ration will not block roads.
Speaker 3: We need men. We must form a my key.
Speaker 7: But we have a makeys my al scene. There are three of you and two of us.
Speaker 1: Sure, we've got guns, and we've got ammunition and supply shoots somewhere out in that field where we landed.
Speaker 7: We've got arms for fifty men.
Speaker 1: But if we had those men, we still couldn't go to war against the German division.
Speaker 3: And you said to yourself, is at least a division garrison? And Grandma, what must we do? First? We must organize a my key. We need men, can you get them?
Speaker 6: I can go into the village and talk to my friends.
Speaker 7: It's done that a long time ago.
Speaker 10: Four scene.
Speaker 9: That would be most unwise. Why didn't you know Arcine is a patriot, he's a deserter from the VIC army, so he's wanted by the Gestapo.
Speaker 1: Oh great, and there's a Gestapo headquarters in grandmar Of course, of.
Speaker 9: Course Arcine is not run to run from danger.
Speaker 7: Quite the countrary.
Speaker 6: I can get Renee to help.
Speaker 3: Who's Renee?
Speaker 9: I's seen sweetheart, a lovely girl from Paris. Fo I think she had to come down to the country because her house was bummed out.
Speaker 6: Leave her out of this, but Lieutenant, she would be most happy to help.
Speaker 3: Alcine.
Speaker 4: You've got a lot to learn about guerrilla warfare. You might as well study your first lesson right now. It's shortened to the point. No, dames. Well, the next day we collected the supplies which had been dropped with us, and we set up a camp deep in the woods. Hill and I were loaded with French money, so we were able to buy food from the friendly farmers. Maybe it was the food as much as patriots, and that brought us recruits. Anyway, after a week we had nearly thirty men. Our marquis wasn't big enough for the job we had to do, but it was growing in the right direction. And then one night, as I was winding up.
Speaker 3: A report to London, Well what they saying? What do they ever say? Message acknowledged? Carry on?
Speaker 1: What about new batteries for the radio? What about extra ammunition for the buck Rogers guns? What are they going to get another drop to us?
Speaker 3: Why didn't you ask him?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They do the best they can.
Speaker 4: I guess, after all, we're not the only boy scouts in this chambourine.
Speaker 7: Hey you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah? There goes out seen again, off toward the road. Yes, come on a minute, Yes, lieutenant, where are you going?
Speaker 6: I was just taking a stroll.
Speaker 3: You're on night guard, not tonight. You weren't on night guard last night, were you, no, Lieutenant? Or the night before?
Speaker 10: No, sir.
Speaker 3: But you weren't in camp all night? Were you?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 4: What's the matter? Don't you like the camp rather sleep at your ants? It's a two rugged out here.
Speaker 3: For you, No, sir? Then where were you in the village? You know the orders no one is to go into the village.
Speaker 6: Yes, lieutenant, but I only go in at night.
Speaker 3: It makes no difference, but it does, you see, Lieutenant.
Speaker 6: I'm so in love.
Speaker 7: Oh great?
Speaker 3: The girl from Paris.
Speaker 5: Yes, you should see her, Lieutenant. She's the most beautiful, the most charming, the most.
Speaker 3: You know you're endangering the whole my key by disobeying my orders.
Speaker 5: Oh no, sir, there's no danger with Rhyney. She hates the bush. Why she wants to join us.
Speaker 3: You've told her about us?
Speaker 6: Oh yes, sir?
Speaker 3: Are you out of your mind? How do you know? She's all right?
Speaker 6: I just know, that's all.
Speaker 3: She's the most wonderful person in the world.
Speaker 6: She's a real patriot.
Speaker 3: I told you. Rule number one is no dames.
Speaker 6: Yes, but Rene is different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you better marry her before you bring around here. You'll have to share with the rest of these wolves. Lieutenant, Do I understand you got.
Speaker 3: A el scene? It's just an American figures speech.
Speaker 6: May I tell Rene she can join us?
Speaker 3: Well, not quite yet, later maybe.
Speaker 6: Yes, lieutenant? Is that all?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That's all. If you gotta take it al scene, take it easy.
Speaker 6: I do not understand.
Speaker 3: Just another American idiom el scene.
Speaker 6: Good night, good night, sir.
Speaker 7: Hey duke, you're gonna let him get away with that?
Speaker 3: What are we going to do?
Speaker 7: Slap them another guarden house for thirty days only?
Speaker 3: This isn't the American Army and we haven't any guardhouse.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Stinks from a security standpoint.
Speaker 4: I know, we try to keep these boys from sneaking off home every now and then.
Speaker 3: We're not going to have any monkey. He's French, an immoral race. I don't know about that. Remember Phoenix City, Alabama? Yeah, oh, yes, what you mean. There wasn't anything we could do. If we'd ordered out scene to stay in camp, he'd just sneaked off anyway. He had that dreamy, far away.
Speaker 4: Look that's baffled parents, teachers, and first lieutenant since the beginning of time. I didn't worry too much about it because our my key was growing and d Hill and I were breaking our backs pushing those French kids through an airsot's basic in three weeks. Headquarters in London didn't tell us much, but we did know from the BBC that the boys had landed at Omaha Beach and it wouldn't be long before they'd be needing our roadblocks. And then one morning, about d plus four I think it was, I was out in the woods running a squad through concealment.
Speaker 3: Brill Oh no, no, hit the dirt. Don't waiter your tad when you see the signal hit the dirt right now? Huh oh, I'll see. Have you been all that as though I didn't know, Lieutenant. I've got to talk to you, Okay, I'll be through here in a half hour, so on.
Speaker 4: Got to talk to you now, all right, Elsing, Okay, boys, take five, come along, Elsin.
Speaker 5: What's on your mind, Lieutenant? My family has been killed? Oh no, yes, by the Gestapo. He set fire to the house. My mother and my father and my two sisters. They ran out, the Gestapo shot them.
Speaker 3: He was sure of this.
Speaker 6: Yes, I heard it this morning from the neighborhood. Saw it happen.
Speaker 3: Poor kid.
Speaker 5: When can we attack, lieutenant? When can we stop this? Endalyst training and fight the Bush?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: I want only to kill and killed and killed until I paid them back for my father, my mother, my two sisters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know you'll get your chance on el Sing, but not yet. We gotta wait. We're not ready yet.
Speaker 5: I'm ready before I wanted to fight the Bush for my country. Now I want to kill him again and again.
Speaker 3: For the I know, but you gotta be patient.
Speaker 5: Sh happened to me now? Only last night Renne said she'd marry me. Come to live here with me in the camp. I was so happy, And this morning I learned this news.
Speaker 3: Why did you hear from your mother last?
Speaker 5: Not for a month since we began to work, But I've written her every week.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Who mailed the letters?
Speaker 5: And they mailed them for me. She's so kind and thoughtful. She offered to mail letters home for the other boys too.
Speaker 3: It was nice of it. Did they take advantage of her offer? A couple of them, who Paul of them?
Speaker 7: Sean?
Speaker 6: I told them about and they wrote.
Speaker 3: Their families and Renee mailed the letters.
Speaker 6: She's a wonderful person. Lieutenant. You're going to love her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I am.
Speaker 6: She's all I've gotten the world now.
Speaker 4: Two and two make four and occupied France just the same as anywhere else, And sometimes it's just as hard to prove. But one thing was sure now. I wanted to meet Renee in the worst way. But I had to postpone the pleasure because early that afternoon one of the outposts broken the camp out of bread.
Speaker 8: Yes, Paul, they're coming down the road through the forest. How many I did not stop to count them, several truck clothes.
Speaker 4: To be sure, pass the words, Lieutenant Hill ask him to bring his detail in the camp on the double. Yes, lieutenant als, Yes, take two men and go down to the road and see what the ruck through. Yes, sir, just reconnoiter. Don't fire at.
Speaker 6: Them, but this is my chance for event.
Speaker 3: Listen to me. Don't fire at them, that's a command. Yes, they may not be after us at all.
Speaker 7: I get coined immediately, Lieutenant. What's the order of the day, dude, plans Graham. It looks like all your men here, President of the counted for all.
Speaker 4: Right, boys, now gather around, will you and get this as a convoy of Germans coming down the forest road. I'll wait a minute. We're not going to fight him. You know what our job is roadblocks. We got tanks, artillery and airplanes. It will be along soon to do the killing a lock. Our security has been pretty good and those crowds may be on a routine patrol.
Speaker 3: Chances are they don't even know we're here. They do now listen, Yeah, well that doesn't all right? Your men got your weapons good, and you know the procedure.
Speaker 4: Get lost before you leave the forest, bury your weapons, ammunition, and equipment. Rendezvous at the home of Alcene's at at twenty two hundred hours tonight, good luck, Come on, ed, let's stram.
Speaker 7: Well. He who doesn't fight and runs away lives to fight another day.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 7: Who tipped them off?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure, but I got a pretty good idea.
Speaker 7: Who's down there at the road al Scene.
Speaker 4: He's fighting a private war, the poor jerk. The basic rule of three in guerrilla warfare is surprise, kill vanish.
Speaker 3: However, one ye're surprised, the only rule is vanish than we did.
Speaker 4: There were about fifty Germans and a half a dozen dogs to track our scent. They spent the day thrashing through the woods, firing into the underbrush and finding nothing. It was a classic withdrawal and Hell and I were proud of our little army, with the exception of al Scene, It's self appointed hero. When we arrived at his aunt's house that night for the rendezvous, a half a dozen of the boys were already there.
Speaker 9: Who is it, Julie, our lieutenant. Come in, good evening, Madam, I've seen he's already here.
Speaker 5: I'm so proud of him, Oh, lieutenant. I was just telling tom Elly and the boys it was magnificent. I got two of them. I killed two bush.
Speaker 4: Your orders were not to shoot, But Lieutenant, what would you What happened to the other boys that were with you?
Speaker 6: Jean was wounded and captured. Antoine became frightened and ran away.
Speaker 7: It blows the Marquis.
Speaker 4: They'll get the full particulars from Jean if they haven't got him already.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Lieutenant, but quiet, answer it, madame?
Speaker 10: Who is it?
Speaker 3: Julie opening, Good evening, madame? Come in, boys, run in any trouble boys, as you see, we are here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, not for long, Lieutenant, Yes, Paul, and I wish to withdraw.
Speaker 3: Up in the Marquis. Quiet. Why the risk is too great? You're afraid for myself? No, but after what happened to John, he was wounded and captured, Well we all take that risk.
Speaker 8: Yes, But last night the Gestapo got Jean's family like they did all scenes, stood them up in front of their house and shot them.
Speaker 3: Who knows will be next?
Speaker 8: My mother, Raul, sister Alcine's ant I wish.
Speaker 3: To withdraw right, I'll wait a minute.
Speaker 4: I don't blame you for being worried about your families, but whose families do you think the British and American armies up in Normandy are fighting to liberate their own no yours. Now, this thing isn't as bad as it looks. There's been a leak in our security. Somebody's been putting a finger on us, so we lay low until the leak's plugged.
Speaker 8: But the Germans are everywhere. Spies, perhaps two, are everywhere.
Speaker 4: I think I know who's responsible for these murders. I'll make a deal with you. Give me a couple of days to work it on. We less you boys some money, and all you've got to do is to get lost until Saturday night and then meet me back here. If I haven't patched up our security by then, you can all quit the marquis and become collaborator.
Speaker 8: No one wishes to collaborate, but one must think of one's family.
Speaker 4: Okay, yea, yeah, dude, give the boys a thousand francs apiece.
Speaker 7: Right, come, I get a boy, a Lieutenant.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have a little time on my hands for the next couple of days. Do you think you could he ins to introduce me to your girlfriend.
Speaker 6: Oh but of course, Lieutenant.
Speaker 4: Maybe if she's okay like you say, we can let her sign up.
Speaker 6: I am desolated with happiness.
Speaker 4: Lieutenant one thing, none of that lieutenant business around her, and until I make sure she's all right, very well, you think, my friends, she's good enough to pass.
Speaker 3: As a native.
Speaker 6: But of course, Lieutenant.
Speaker 3: All right, then pass me off as a friend of yours. Let's see. I'll need a name. Let's call me Jacques deu Fran.
Speaker 6: Jacques Dufrane.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 6: I will make the arrangements immediately.
Speaker 3: I thought you'd like an excuse to get into town Ton.
Speaker 4: The next afternoon, il Seon brought the girl out to the woods near his aunt's house. I stood behind a tree to watch and make sure they weren't being followed.
Speaker 3: She was all right, tall, long.
Speaker 4: Sunburned legs, her hair caught in a blue ribbon like a little girl's. I let them walk by, and then I stepped from behind my tree.
Speaker 3: Oh hey you, Jacques, Hello, Elsie Rennie.
Speaker 6: This is my good friend, Jacques du Fran. He's from Paris, too, Jack. This is an adency boy.
Speaker 3: Glad to meet you, ma'mselle, and.
Speaker 10: I'm honored to meet you, monsieur. Where do you live? In Paris?
Speaker 3: Near the Porto de la la But my home is no longer there. It was bombed.
Speaker 10: Out a lash, so smile.
Speaker 4: My family remain with friends, but I've come out into the country to fight with the resistance.
Speaker 6: Jacques has much influence with the commander of our marquis.
Speaker 10: I hope you will be able to persuade him to let me join you. Monsieur.
Speaker 3: I shall do what I can.
Speaker 10: It would be a privilege and an honor to work with a patriot like you.
Speaker 6: See Jacques, I told you Rene was all right.
Speaker 3: He didn't tell me they have of him.
Speaker 4: Mademoiselle, you understand that we must be cautious. There are questions I must ask of a confidential nature.
Speaker 10: Why don't we meet again alone? Why not say tonight, I have a little car. We might take a drive.
Speaker 7: Fine, But Rene, you promised me that.
Speaker 10: See you some other time. I share Remember France comes first.
Speaker 3: We just drove that night.
Speaker 4: She was wearing a white ribbon in her hair and a loose white dress and no stockings. We just drove around in her little citron Ron with the top down and the wind blowing her hair like a girl in a magazine had.
Speaker 3: Then we came back about midnight and parked with the bridge, and I felt like I was back in high school in Illinois.
Speaker 10: Look at those stars, Shack. Yeah, so many of them, so close you can almost reach out and touch them. Yeah, I had them all once, Shack. I reached out and gathered them all in my arm swamps. Yeah, I want you to know all about me, Shack, I want to. Don't think it's wrong of me, but I've been in love.
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong in being in love.
Speaker 10: He was a soldier.
Speaker 3: Most everybody is these days, a German soldier.
Speaker 10: Oh don't you think that love is bigger than war or hate or anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 10: He's dead.
Speaker 4: Now, that's good. I'm sorry. I mean, I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm not sorry he's dead, Shack.
Speaker 10: I'm so confused. I want to understand things. I want to be intelligent about things, but everything gets so mixed up, like now, like now, Yes, Shack, I've never been so happy.
Speaker 3: As I am tonight, not even with a German.
Speaker 10: Not even with him. Why does it have to end? Why do those blessed stars have to go out one by one to make way for another day of war? Why can't we stop time, you and I and gather all the stars together just for us.
Speaker 11: I don't know, baby, it's never been done before. Awake and try.
Speaker 10: Shut my shell shell shut?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: Same time, same place, forever if you say the word sure, why not? Who knows how long forever is in this crazy world? Why not have it together? Why not get married?
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 3: My most see you tomorrow night.
Speaker 10: I'll only be half alive until then, Sherry. If you want to write your family in Paris, give me the letter tomorrow night and I'll mail.
Speaker 3: It for you.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 1: I drop that rock and grab a sock, rise and shine a love a boy. I brought your cup of chocolate. Figured you want breakfast in bed this morning? How'd you make out last night? Okay, details, let's have the details.
Speaker 3: Nothing much to report. We drove and then we parked for a while and talked.
Speaker 7: Did you give anything away?
Speaker 4: No information. She's a funny kid. Her dialogues as corny as a Bobby socks. She knows she's pretty, so she wants to be admired for her mind. But I'm sure he's Armada Hari.
Speaker 7: I'll come.
Speaker 4: She offered a mail a letter to my family. Hm, it's consistent. I asked her to marry me. What she didn't believe me, but she pretended like she did. I don't know why she's doing what she's doing. Thrills maybe French juvenile de lake one. Maybe tonight's the night the night you get married, now the night we get her. The boys are meeting us here at midnight. You know what's the plan. Well, I'll take another ride with her, and about midnight we'll be back in park with the bridge and you'll be there out of sight. I'll have some brandy along and i'll slug her drink with a capture pill. When she's passed out, i'll give you the come on and you join me.
Speaker 3: Here, Baby, have another vent.
Speaker 10: I shouldn't shout. Brandy always makes me sleep.
Speaker 3: Well, what of it? This is a celebration of our engagement.
Speaker 10: Kiss me shut again and again? Sure shuck the stars and nearer nearer than they've.
Speaker 3: Ever been, nearer than you think. Maybe I love you?
Speaker 10: Shall I do love you? Kiss me? You can't do it a care?
Speaker 4: I can't, really, baby, I guess sleep. Your collaboration is pig can't hear me?
Speaker 3: Okay? And alight like a red lightning that rat And here's her purse. I start throw it while I untangle myself with you.
Speaker 7: I'll take a look at this. What is it?
Speaker 1: I let her from Gustoppo headquarters, confirming receipt of three addresses.
Speaker 3: Let me see that. Well, I'll had one's Elsin's family, and that one's genre. And here's a good STOPO identification card. Play sure, light over there. Look at her? What a dish Look at that kisser.
Speaker 4: And she's responsible for the death of six people who's only crime was being born French. She'd erecked our marquis snapp food, our mission and turned me over to the Gestapo, her lipstick still in my collar.
Speaker 3: That gorgeous hunk a double cross. Well, we got the proof. Let's get on with it.
Speaker 7: I don't Cary, I guess you'd rather.
Speaker 3: I know, this is my job.
Speaker 7: Geesh, she's gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so long, honey, thanks she it's so gorgeous. Now at least that handbrake got it. Come on, shove.
Speaker 4: Not yet, keep that steering real straight. The river's deepest, right at the center of the bridge. Yeah, now, high right on the wheel.
Speaker 3: You know, something had I think she finally did gather that armful of stars. Sure the operation was successful. When the time came our roadblocks tied up three German divisions while patent rolled on to the east. But I still lie awake at night thinking I should have married that dame. Yeah, the operation was successful, but the patient died.
Speaker 2: Operation Fluridally was written, directed, and produced by William N. Robeson, with Jack Webb as Duke, Elliott Lewis as Hill, Peggy Webber as Renee, and Harry Bartel has Alsine. Operation Fluridallee was based on an incident from the files of the OSS recorded in Sabrosa by Stuart Alsop and Thomas Braden. A special musical score was conceived and conducted by Cy Feuer. Escape is presented by CBS and it's affiliated stations each week at this time. Next week, we invite you to escape with f Scott Fitzgerald in this unforgettable story. The diamond as big as the wrists, and so good night until next week, when again it will be time to escape. This is CBS the Columnia Broadcasting System.