Speaker 1: Dollar enter it now.
Speaker 2: Right back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW, twelve oh nine, Dan Carrolyn for the Great American Bill Cunningham. So it's time for Cunningham to have more time off. So here we are and we will be rocking and rolling till three o'clock this afternoon, five one, seven nine, seven thousand and one, eight hundred the Big One. If you want to pick up the phone and call in. Sean McMahon is the main man running the big board in the seven hundred WLW command center. I mean, I screwed myself over today. Good screwed myself. Here's the deal. Uh, you know, we we live in a world where we have the convenience of everyone has a computer in their pocket. It's called a cell phone, right, smartphone, cell phone? Uh, I forgot mine today. And when you come into the station, the radio station here at seven hundred WLW, you got to have your cell phone to be able to get in the door. There's an app on your cell phone, right, it unlocks the door. When I log onto my email, I have what Dave Hatter told me years ago to do two factor authentication.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: And there's probably a lot of you listening to me right now? Who know exactly what that is? You log onto your email, Yeah, you have a password, and then it says, well, we're going to send a little notice to your phone here and make sure that make sure that you know your respond on your phone is this you? And you say yes or no? And then when I log on to my iHeart my iHeart account, that's another two factor authentication. I gotta I gotta tell them what number shows up in the screen. I gotta put my fingerprint on there. And without my cell phone, I can't do any of that. I got about five minutes away from the station today and I realized I don't have my cell phone with me. So I I was lucky number one to get in the door and be you're in the studio right now. But all my show prep, everything I did to get ready for the show today is gone. Well it's not gone, it's just there, but I can't get to it. So I am winging this today. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, the Big One AD. A lot of people ask me, let me talk about the guests I have coming up. A couple of great guests today. One is Todd Bensman and he is with the Center for Immigration Studies. Todd Bensman is just fantastic and he has been a reporter. He now works for Center for Immigration Studies. And there's been a lot of handwringing over the last few days because Donald Trump has said, and he said this during the campaign, that day one will begin the greatest deportation effort of the illegal aliens that this country has ever seen. And so the women on the View and then CBS News and say, I think CBS News has kicked the number up that it's going to cost one hundred and fifty to deport all these people that Donald Trump wants to deport. And oh my god, there's going to be separations of families, and then it's gonna be it's going to be horrible. There's going to be a lot of crying going on. I saw a panel on CNN. They were talking about how, uh, you know, the people that that serve your food, the people that you know, do your handyman work around the house, the people that do the drywall work and the construction work, and the electrical work and all and the painting and all the rest of it, They're all going to be gone because Donald Trump is a big, mean, nasty man going to deport all these people. But Todd, Todd Bensman has written a piece that he posted yesterday and I read this last night. Deportations are happening right now. Tom Homan was asked on sixty Minutes a couple of weeks ago, how are you going to deport? Well, you know what if there's families, Well he said, what, you know what, families can be deported together. Families are being deported right now under the Harris Biden administration, or is it Biden Harris. So this whole idea that it is somehow mean or wrong or nasty or unfair to deport people who are in the country illegally illegal, somehow that this is going to set a new standard for an American low in this country and the greatest deporter of illegals of all time, Bill Clinton. And so we will talk about that with Todd Bensman coming up. Also, Steve Gorham is going to be here, Steve Gorham, who has written a lot of books about the Green agenda. And the COP twenty is a COP twenty nine. I think it's Cop twenty I'll I'll have to look that up. But you know, the big environmental confab is going on and Aser John and so they do this every year. They get together in some exotic locale all the you know, the the do gooders and the pro environmentalist groups and all the rest of them. They you know, they have this big fancy conference. They fly in on their private jets and all that. Donald Donald Trump is going to remove the United States from the Paris Climate Accords, and of course the the left is going to have a conniption about that. So we'll talk about that with Steve Gorm. So that's what's going on pretty much during the show today. Seg will be here with the Stude Report, and it's going to be great as we sit in for Bill Cunningham today. So I hope you can join us. I hope you can listen for the whole three hours. You know, I get asked a lot about political stuff because I spent a lot of time talking about politics and the right after Trump got elected. Well, who's he going to pick for a secretary of State, who's going to pick for secretary of defense, Who's he going to pick for this, that and the other thing? And that's one thing that I've never really involved myself in, never really spent the time to invest the thinking or the brain power that it takes to kind of run through my head.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 2: You know, the list of different candidates for all these different jobs, and I say, you know what, I'll just react to them when they come out. And so far the list of people that Donald Trump has picked has been really good. Tom Homan is going to be the Borders Are, and it's going to be interesting. I think to compare the job that he does as Borders Are to what Kamala Harris did, and it's going to be. I think it's going to be pretty much night and day and without. There's no doubt in my mind. Tom Holman's already made the speech that if you're illegal in this country, you shouldn't be here. Get ready, you might as well go ahead and pack your bags and get the hell out, because they're coming for you. They're coming after businesses that are trying to harbor or secret these people away.
Speaker 1: So that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Then I look at the first thing I saw when I got up this morning and turn the computer on. Trump is expected to choose South Dakota Governor Christine nom for Homeland Security, and I'm thinking, right on, man, that is Christine Nome. I think she's been a great You talk about a strong, powerful woman. Mark Cuban and that was another that was another story. I go through and I read all these different things. I see all these different things, and I'm like, yeah, I want to talk about that on the show. I want to talk about that. I want to talk about that. And I have that whole list right up in front of me, and boom, I click on it and there's a story right there. We talk about Mark Cuban is apparently going back and to leading a bunch of his pro pro kamala as posts on X that he put out there, getting rid of all that. So yeah, Christy nom Homeland Security. Then we got Mike Waltz, w a LTZ National security advisor, and I believe Mike Waltz, he's a representative out of Florida, and I believe he was also a let's see, yeah, okay, retired green beret. I thought he might have been a seal, but he's a retired green beret. I had previous administration experience as a policy advisor for former Defense Secretaries Donald Rumsfeld and Robert Gates, so walls as national security advisor, I like that Steven Miller White House deputy director or Deputy chief of staff for policy. And Steven Miller is absolutely fantastic. He was all over the talk show cable talk show circuit, I mean tons of time on Fox News. He's got his own, his own I believe it's called America First Legal Foundation. The guy is sharp, he is brilliant. He is he does not cower when he has asked the toughest questions imaginable and so Steven Miller is.
Speaker 1: He's only thirty nine years old too. I'm was surprised by that.
Speaker 2: I mean, you look at how smart this guy is and just how he's able to handle anything that is thrown at him, especially when he's up in front of the media. And he spent time in the first Trump administration. But Steven Miller is going to be deputy chief of staff talking about policy and so this guy, hopefully it means we'll see a lot more of him on the Sunday shows and all the rest of it, because he's just terrific. What are the other ones we saw? Leezelden is going to head up the EPA. I don't know that much about Lee Zelden, although he is from New York. Ran ran a really tight race last time he ran for representative in New York and did not win. So that, oh yeah, bring that in. That's I'm gonna get a sandwich today, Lears from Lears. Yeah, all right, excellent. That says roast beef. That's fantastic. So I can't wait to dig into that a little while.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we've got a lot of great picks I think by the Trumpster as it relates to people that are going to be advising him and people who are going to be in his cabinet. He's also been hanging out a lot with it. A lot of hand ringing going on now. Is it just me or didn't those on the left used to revere Elon Musk, Right, Elon Musk tescla, the electric cars, going to save the planet, all the rest of it. Now they don't like Elon Musk. Trump is. That was one of the greatest parts during the campaign was when Trump would talk about how he would watch these rockets that Elon Musk would build, and he would marvel at what they did and how they came back down. He tells the story he watched the most recent one come back down and it lands on the tower and the arms kind of close in on it as it settles back into the tower. Absolutely amazing technology. And he's been hanging out a lot down at mar A Lago, hanging out on the golf course, having lunch. Elon Musk, and somehow this is we're supposed to if you listen to the national media, this is supposed to be have a negative connotation to it. Negative overtons that Elon Musk is exerting influence over the Trumpster, making sure that Look, I don't know exactly what Elon Musk is doing there, but if the left is upset about it, I kind of take that as a good thing. That's just me. Now, if it was someone like I don't know, you know, another rich guy like Bill Gates. I saw some reporting immediately after the election that Bill Gates wanted to have a meeting with Trump or you know, talk to him, or maybe exert some sort of influence on the trump Ster. Oh, by the way, Marco Rubio, Secretary of State, I think that is terrific. Eleast Dephonic for United Nations, America's representative to the United Nations, I think that is terrific. Uh, These these are all very smart and people who are going to do a great job. I think as Yeah, US Ambassador to the U. N is what the is, what the title is. Let's Jack is on the phone from Fairfield. Let's see what JACKI has on his mind. Jack seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Hey, brother, it's privilege talk to you. Always enjoy listening to you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you picking up the phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Hey, I'm a conservative. My only beef, you know, is the deportation. For the life of me, I cannot understand why Trump just would not declare amnesty across the board. You know, I've heard numbers. I don't know what it is. Maybe you haven't. You know, I've heard eleven to twenty million people that's illegal in America, and America is such a vast land and we're such a big sponge. If he declared amnesty, we would have absorbed them and just you know, give them legal status.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm not against supporting criminals things like that, you know, I'm just talking about just the common guy that came out of Mexico, Guatemala or whatever, just trying to make a better life for themselves. Just absorbed them and then the very next day, you know, put up very very stringent laws for you know, pathway citizenship. I mean to me, the logistics of this is just going to be incredible.
Speaker 2: H yeah, No, I agree, the logistics on this are not going to be easy. That doesn't mean it's not worth the effort, though, when you look at the one hundred I believe the latest number when I talked about this yesterday available for annual spending as it relates to illegals in this country, when you put when you consider all the factors, is upwards of one hundred and fifty billion dollars. That's just for one year, so that is every year, and that number is only going to increase. So if you spend eighty or seventy or fifty or whatever, that number is billion dollars to remove these people from the country. I think that sends a powerful message that if you are going to come to if you're going to come to America, you need to come in legally. So if you grant amnesty to whatever the number is, fifteen twenty twenty five million illegals in this country, what does that say to the people who come into this country legally that go through the process that wait in line, wait their turn, and do things the right way. That is a complete and total slap in the face of those people who want to come in and want to be good Americans.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this, at the end of the day, you know the logistics on this. You know, I don't know how many people they can import in four years, supposing obviously Donald Trump is a lane duck in this session. I'm hoping JD can hold the White House for the next eight eight years. But that's a different topic. At the end of the day, say we deport half of these people, what have we achieved.
Speaker 2: I think we've I think we've achieved the notion that the borders are no longer open for anyone to come across willy nilly. I think we've achieved the notion, the idea that if you come into this country and you commit crimes and you make victims out of innocent American families, that that is going to be frowned upon, and we are serious about not letting that sort of thing happen.
Speaker 1: I think you achieve it. I think you achieve a lot of good.
Speaker 2: I think you achieve a lot of good for especially people on the lower end of the economic scale, that there is more room there now for them to achieve it and to move ahead and to better their own lives and not be aced out by people who are in the country illegally and you know, living in the shadows, so to speak.
Speaker 4: Well, brother, this is one something we have to just And like I said there again, I would definitely want the you know, the you know, criminal element of that group to be deported, but you know, just the you know, the man, the wife, two kids, what have you. I think they should be allowed to stay in the United States. They made the effort to come here. But at the end of the day, I'd still buy you a beer at the bar and think you're a good man.
Speaker 2: That was well Jack, that that'd be great, And I'm glad. You know, Look, we don't have to agree on everything.
Speaker 4: And hey, I've been married forty two years with me and my wife still disagree.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 2: All right, brother, Hey, with that, I got a ride. We got to get to a break. I appreciate you picking up the phone. That was Jack in Fairfield twelve twenty six, Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham, The Great American on seven hundred WLW thirty nine. Bill Cunningham has a day off. I'm Dan Carroll here till three o'clock this afternoon. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, eight hundred, the Big One. Those are the numbers that call. Sean McMahon is the main man running the big board there, and he's been trying to reach out to what the guests we're supposed to have right now, Todd Todd Bensman from the Center for Immigration Studies. And since we are still trying to make our connection with him, I'll just go ahead and start reading the piece that got my attention that he posted yesterday that made me reach out to him to be a guest on this show to begin with, and he starts with this Democrat Party oppositionist immigrant advocates and their US media allies are mobilized and dug in for all out political war against President elect Donald Trump's signature plan, the Great Mass Deportation, the greatest mass deportation in American history, and harbingers of things to come. Framing to come, Opponents of immigration law are choosing metaphoric language, hearkening to the Nazi Holocaust and the Bosnian Civil War. Immigration lawyers prepared to battle Trump in court, reads one typical recent New York Times headline over a story calling the Trump plans harsh and describing how battalions of immigration lawyers and civil liberties groups are mobilizing to wage total legal and political war to stop them. We literally have a blueprint of what they are planning to do, and so we had months and months to figure out how to protect people. The paper quoted Becka Heller, founder of the International Refugee Assistance Project, saying Trump has told us what to expect, hate and persecution and concentration camps. I've never heard Trump use the word concentration camp. Did you ethnic cleansing? Los Angeles Times reported Ronald Brownstein called, so this is a sample, a sampling of some of the rhetoric that is coming from the left, the handwringing and all the rest of it over Trump's plan to begin this deportation process. But what you may not have known is that deportations and when Tom Homan was interviewed by sixty Minutes, he was asked about deporting families. You know, are family is going to be broken up, and he said, they don't have to be you can deport entire families. Well, that just sounds unbelievably cruel. But it turns out the Biden administration is doing it right.
Speaker 1: Now. Let's see. Let's see here.
Speaker 2: This is where Tod Bensman gets into that in this piece, Holland was exactly right. The Biden Harris administration has been doing this secretly, but it has never been covered by major.
Speaker 1: Media to this day.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty one and twenty twenty two, the Biden Harris administration launched an ICE air operation that has mass supported by air as many as five hundred and fifty thousand often Central are often Central American immigrants to date, keeping together whole families that include babes and arms in mother's arms. Todd Bensman writes, I know this because I remained perhaps the only American writer who witnessed, videotaped, and reported the massive airlift while it happened at unmarked hangars and plain closed ICE agents driving unmarked vehicles, putting them into unmarked ICE contracted jets in small, out of the way US airports. He says, I wrote video and print dispatches for the Center for Immigration Studies and dedicated most of an entire chapter of the operation to my twenty twenty three book Overrun, How Joe Biden unleashed the greatest border crisis in US history. For starters, the fact that Biden Harris carried out family deportation flight spotlights the profound dual standard hypocrisy of today's emerging crop of political warfighters and their media supporters because Donald Trump is doing it rather than the president they liked and wanted to politically protect. Secondly, the Biden Harris mass deportation airlift, although probably smaller in scale than what's coming, provides an important value for the next administration as a sound operational blueprint for those in the Trump administration who carry it out. So if you're talking about getting rid okay of illegals, all he has to do is look to what the Biden administration is doing right now and has been doing since twenty twenty one. And joining us now is the man who wrote the article i'd just been reading from from the Center for Immigration Studies. Todd Benzman and Todd Bensman. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 6: I'm doing great?
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this piece that you wrote certainly was eye opening for me. And look, I'm a guy I read your stuff on a regular basis. I look at the Center for Immigration Study website all the time, and what are great resource CIS is, especially on issues as they relate to what's happening at the border and what's happening with immigration. But I think a lot of people are going to be shocked, and maybe even the women on the view might be shocked to learn that the Biden administration has deported over a half a million people out of this country and send them back to two places south of the border.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 6: I mean they didn't deport nearly enough to create a sufficient deterrent because while they were deporting all those people, they were letting everybody else in, you.
Speaker 2: Know, so well, they're coming in by the millions and being deported by the by the hundreds of thousands, So there.
Speaker 6: Are by the tens of thousands.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But but my point in writing this is, Yeah, first of all, I reported I started reporting on the Biden deportation flights in December of twenty twenty one. Nobody was covering them. They've been going on for four months already. And these are women and children and families. These are exactly the demographics that the Democratic Party apparatus and their media collaborators are talking about now and that you're going to be hearing a lot about oh my god, they're deporting families and breaking families up or whatever, as though this is a you know, an acutely immoral act. But they have allowed the Biden administration to carry these out for years now. And I mean I'm talking about like with mothers with babes in arms kind of thing, deportations on flights to their home countries. No amnesty for them or temporary protected status or release for them, they deported them. So you know, where is the outcry on that? Why are they sharpening the knives? Why is it evil? And you know kind of you know, recalling imagery from the Holocaust when Trump does it, but not when Biden does it. And it's happening right now, even for the next ten weeks, they'll still be doing it. One nine hundred flights just this year twenty twenty four. Each one of them holds about one hundred and ten hundred and twenty immigrants. So you know, you can do the math there. It's it's you know, one hundred and if you don't forget what I put, I did the math earlier. But it's a lot of people, and many of them are women and children and families of just thought, this is exactly what they're sharpening the knives for. As the Trump administration prepares to start doing, you know, these kind of deportations but in larger numbers.
Speaker 2: Well sure, and you and you know as well as I do, what is coming. We are going to see network media run heartfelt, teary eyed stories about you know, a young couple, a couple of kids living in the shadows, you know, afraid of what might happen. They're going to, you know, be forced to go back to some horrible situation. But this this is the way the media plays this up. But I go back to I go back to when Bill Clinton did his State of the Union speeches and he and I remember one speech he used the term illegal ambien, probably a couple a dozen times. And Bill Clinton, I think, to this this day, is still one of the greatest, uh one of the greatest deporters of individuals, sending people back to where they came from. I remember when Barack Obama used to brag about about all the people that he's kicked out of the country, that he's deported. But yet you never see the harsh language for them. You never see the harsh language for Joe Biden. You only see that sort of harsh language for Donald Trump because he dares speak about this openly and honestly and saying exactly what he's going to do. And then when he appoints someone like Tom Homan to be his point man on this effort, you know that Trump is serious about what about what is going to come?
Speaker 6: Well, I can't disagree with that, and you know, there's clearly a double standard. I hope that you know Americans understand that this is a double standard. That is, it is a it is weird, and it's obvious.
Speaker 1: What it is.
Speaker 6: If you know that the Democrats, traditional Democrats have always done this. There's nobody they called Obama the deporter in chief. Deportation and border enforcement. Border law enforcement was always just a normal Democratic party thing. The two parties never really differed much on that. It was the law, and it just diverged in twenty twenty one when Biden took office and brought with him an extreme group of progressive liberals from the migrant advocacy industry, the people that do resettlement and they make their money on you know, doing migrant help and refugee resettlement and all that. Those are the people he brought in. Well they serve themselves. That was the ultimate self locking ice cream cone, to bring those people in, and they set those are not normal Democrats. They set this thing off. They engineered it. It was well planned and well executed. It was not a mistake. There's nothing broken. It was done on purpose, and they knew exactly how and when to do it.
Speaker 1: That was an.
Speaker 6: Unusual departure from democratic norms.
Speaker 2: Todd Bensman A couple of days after the election, I know, I read a story about a giant migrant caravan that was headed towards the United States and time to be here just write at or just shortly after the election. But I also read that this caravan, once it was known that Trump was the winner of the election, largely dissipated, Maybe as many as half of three hundred thousand people gave up on this and said, what's the use of going in if Trump is going to be the president? What can you tell us about that situation.
Speaker 6: It's a little bit more complicated than that. You have to remember that in December of last year, almost a year ago, Biden went down there, and he sent his chief lieutenants down there and cut a deal with Mexico to do a big military op to round up tens of thousands of migrants from the northern borderlands and haul them down to the Guatemala border and trap them down there and not let anybody in, not let anybody, or let as few as possible through. During the American campaigns, they did not want to provide video footage to the Trump campaign advertising machine, right, And so they held him back there. It's called Operation Carousel, very very effective. The numbers dropped by half and then you know, sometimes seventy and eighty percent from what they were. And I thought that it was really only good till through election day, right, And I think the immigrants figured it was only good through election day. So a bunch of caravans started forming up in the days leading up to election day and then actually on election day to test whether the Mexican government was going to hold him back, would they keep holding him back or let him through, And it looked like they were going to let him through. It was a big test of willingness or commitment by the new Mexican government where they going to hold him back and then on Monday, the day before the election, Donald Trump came out at one of his campaign rallies and says, don't you dare if you let them through, I'm going to put when I'm in office, immediately twenty five percent tariffs on all your trade goods coming into the US. And if I don't like what's happening still, it'll be fifty percent, and then seventy five percent, and then one hundred percent until it stops. So right then is when the caravan suddenly looked like they were getting blocked. I think we're going to let him through, and people just gave up then because it looked like the Mexicans weren't going to let him through. That's what I think really happened. A little bit more nuanced, yeah, than you know, but I think that's what's going on right now. Operation Carousel will be permanent or semi for the next four years once Trump's office, because he's going to insist on it, and he's probably going to insist that they go even harder, more resources, seal it up even more, and on pain of the tariff threat.
Speaker 2: Todd Bensman before We've only got about thirty seconds here, but probably not a great question to ask here, But I had a caller who called, and who said, what's the net benefit to the American people? Instead of just declaring amnesty for all the however many illegals are here, fifteen, twenty, twenty five million, whatever the number is, why not just declare amnesty and let that go. Deporting or at least engaging in this, I said, I think is worth the effort. Give me one net benefit that America is going to see if we do, in fact, are able to carry out this deportation of multi millions of illegals in this country.
Speaker 1: Well, I can give you two.
Speaker 6: The first one is a national security and public safety benefit. Most of the people that we let in millions are total strangers. A percentage of them are criminal aliens. They've committed crimes in their home countries, and here it came back and we got to get We don't know who they.
Speaker 1: All are, but we got to get rid of them.
Speaker 6: And number two is, if you grant amnesty, then what you're telling the world is get yourself in here, and one day we'll grant you amnesty too. And it creates this incredibly powerful, irresistible draw the Americans are doing these amnesties again. If we can get in, we'll probably get in under one of those in a year or two or whatever. So it's just amnesties lore immigrants in from around the world for the next one. That's that's the problem with amnesties. They they cause mass migration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the misery and the chaos and the human suffering that comes along with that with so many people trying to get into this country illegally is a whole nother portion of that story. But Todd Bensman, Center for Immigration Studies, awesome website, Keep up the great work. And I always appreciate the time that you that you give us here on seven hundred WLW, not just me but the other host on this station. But always great to have you on, Todd, and I hope we can do it again before too long.
Speaker 6: Glad to be here anytime.
Speaker 2: All Right, there you go, the one only Todd Bensman from the Center for CIS, Center for Immigration Studies. Look it up and check it out. Twelve fifty six is late for a break. Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham seven hundred WLW that I'm.
Speaker 7: Bad of the Bowl, Bad of the Bowl, Bad the Bowl.
Speaker 2: All right, back on the Big One seven hundred WLW is one O nine. Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham as we rolled till three o'clock this afternoon. Fallout continues from President Trump becoming President elect Trump and the forty seventh president of the United States and one of the one of the falloutss over the climate agenda. What happens to the Green the Green New Deal?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: What happens now? Because Donald Trump isn't putting up with that crap and he one of the first things he's going to do. I don't know if it's a day one thing, but it'll be one of the first things he does is withdrawal of the United States from the Climate Paris Accord or the Paris Climate Accords, non binding agreement that I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, we were.
Speaker 2: Supposed to spend, sacrifice our economy on the altar of the Green Agenda just to satisfy the rest of the world that believes in this stuff. Joining me now is one of the great guests that we have on this radio station. Steve gorm is the executive director of the Climate Science Coalition of America, the author of four books on energy, climate change, and sustainable development. He's got over one hundred thousand copies in print. His latest book is The Green Breakdown, Becoming Renewable Energy Failure and Steve Gorm welcome again to seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Hey Dan, great to join you again. We've got big changes.
Speaker 1: Huh. What is going to happen to the green Agenda?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: What's gonna the Green New Deal that has that so many of these liberals and Democrats in the left have signed on to. And I guess they were so sure that the Biden administration was going to shepherd this through and you know, get rid of gasoline powered cars and have everyone living off the solar panels and windmills and all that. What's going to be become of the green agenda once Trump works office?
Speaker 3: That's could be the start of the green breakdown. A lot of this stuff is going to be tough to remove, but there are many many things he's going to put into place. The first big challenge I think is going to be to the Inflation Reduction Act, which is now shipping this fiscal year. According to Cato Institute, eighty billion dollars to win solar biofuels, carbon dioxide capture and storage, carbon dioxide, pipelines, green hydrogen, all this stuff. A lot of those industries should not exist. And President Trump has said he's going to whatever hasn't already been allocated, he's going to shut down. I think it's maybe unlikely this this Act is going to be repealed because we have a lot of Republicans who see all this money coming into their districts for all of these programs, and that's always a big incentive to keep going. But that's going to be curtailed. We have a whole bunch of things with the Environmental Protection Agency. Lee Selden is the new head of ep administrator, and EPA has kind of run unfettered for many years now making rules, although a lot of these are being challenged in courts. One of the big ones is pollution from electric power plants, as they call it pollution, but it means not dangerous pollution. It means carbon dioxide as well. And the idea that we'd have to shut down all the coal plants so they'd have to capture carbon dioxide emissions within eight years. This is being challenged right now in court by many states, and I think the administration is not going to defend this. I think the Justice Department is going to let this thing go. Another thing we have is EPA in April finalized rules for fuel efficient vehicles really we mean electric vehicles that said by about twenty thirty auto companies would not be able to produce gasoline vehicles or they'd have to have a very big share that we're electric. Again, this is being challenged and this may not be defended either. So there are many of many of these things that are going on that, by the way is another thing too, California keeps passing these laws for clean air and they need a waiver from the EPA to do this because I think it was then nineteen seventy clean Air said that pollution was responsibility to federal government, not the states. But the BP has given a waiver after waiver to California to do goofy things with heavy trucks and all sorts of things, and those are being challenged in court as well. So a lot of these things may fall by the wayside, which would be just almost one hundred and eighty degree change.
Speaker 2: You know, I think a lot of people are starting to figure out that if you are an individual that wants to go out and buy an electric car. That should be your choice. If electric cars are available, if you want to buy one, please, by all means do that. If that is your thing, then do it. But when are we going to get to the point when people realize that government mandates don't work. I think there's a lot more people starting to realize this that the marketplace has to be there in order for this to have any chance of working. You have to have enough people, and electric vehicles have to be in demand to the point to where people want them. You know, Ford was losing what forty or thirty thousand dollars on every unit that they sold of their f one fifty electric pickup truck. I just read where I think it's Bentley is now saying instead of having an all electric fleet, well that's not going to happen now until after thirty thirty five. You've got all these other car companies that are backing off these ambitious plans, so you have a totally electric offerings by twenty twenty five or twenty thirty because they just realize that it's unsustainable, that they can't do it, that they can't meet up with these government mandates. But yet there are still those who insist that just because the government says that X is going to happen, that it is going to happen, come hell or high water. And again we you know, it's my way of thinking. If the marketplace isn't there, then it's not going to happen. China can make all the electric car batteries at once, but if people don't want to buy them, it's just not going to happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the in Place Reduction Act also extended the seventy five one hundred dollars tax credit for people who buy new electric cars, and we also give a tax credit for people who buy them when they're used. So in the life of electric vehicle, if it's sold two or three times, we keep shoveling tax credits to all these people that buy them. And by the way, this isn't most of these cars are being bought by as second cars for wealthy people, so the working man is paying his taxes and then this money goes to people that buy expensive electric cars, which you know, you would think that the uh that the populist movement would say, hey, this is kind of a crazy idea, but they're also tied up with this this drive for climatism, the fear of man made warming that that they you know, they don't realize what's going on.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this. Have you ever been to Baku, Azerbaijan.
Speaker 3: I have not, but it's right on the CASPI and C. It was actually Bak who was at actually the first place in the world they ever drilled in oil. Well, as I understand, really even before the US and so we as as you mentioned earlier, we have COP twenty nine now the twenty ninth conference of the Parties by the United Nations that started yesterday in Bak, who they're expecting fifty thousand people to attend, and this is again going to be one of the biggest climate I should I say one of the biggest carbon dioxide emitting events in the world this year because everybody flying in on private or public aircraft. And this is another thing that isn't going to do anything. If you look at the history, according to the International Energy Agency, eighty one percent of world energy in twenty twenty one, the most recent numbers was for coal, oil and natural gas, and that's the same as in nineteen ninety nine. So this COP twenty nine is the twenty ninth time they've had one of these conferences. They do them every year, every other year, and they just aren't having any effect. And now we've got you know, President Trump, mister Biden is suddenly a big delegation. But whatever they decide on Trump is likely to reverse. And also we have some other places too. We have Germany where the climate favoring party has lost power, and there's a bunch of independence in there that don't want to do a lot of these climate measures. Italy has come back and said we think electric cars are a bad idea. So there's there's a lot of dissension and it looks like this thing is in for hard time. So these United Ansian conferences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Paris Agreement, I guess what happened in twenty fifteen that we signed on to it, we signed off of it. Now we're back on it again. I'm reading the article that's in Breitbart right now and it talks about China, and China announced last year that it will exceed its Paris Agreement emissions goals by over one by twenty thirty. So China has got the pedal to the metal when it comes to bringing power plants online and expanding its manufacturing and all the rest of it. And they're saying, look, we're going to blow right past you know, whatever number you want us to hit.
Speaker 1: We're on our way.
Speaker 2: And you've got China, India, and Russia, all these countries have formed this organization that says we are not making sacrifices on the altar of climate change. And they're saying, the rest of the world, world, you can do whatever you want, but we're going to do you know, we're going to do our thing. And if you want to go ahead and condmissions and cripple your economy and all the rest of it, knock yourself out. So I don't know why the United States should stand by and say that, you know, we agree to all these climate rules that are going to be terrible for our economy, Well we shouldn't.
Speaker 3: And they want us to transfer hundreds of billions of dollars to wealthy nations. Three years ago, India said to get to zero by twenty sixty, they need a small thing. They wanted a trillion dollars a year to come from the wealthy nations to do that. And so we have about one hundred poor nations that have all signed on to this, all looking for money to come from the US and Europe and other nations so that they can pursue this climate thing. But it's you know again, climate is dominated. Global temperatures are dominated by nature, not man made emissions, which are very small part of the total harbonyx in the atmosphere. And so even though the world spent about almost two trillion dollars last year on renewables, it's not going to have a measurable effect on global temperatures, despite what you're reading the press.
Speaker 2: Yeah, John Kerrey is the U or he he was the liaison the Biden administration liaisons. I guess as far as climate issues work concerned, he doesn't have that title anymore. Is Is he at this event in Azerbijan right now? And who was representing the United States there?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 3: Probably? Well, John Podesta is the guy who's who's leading the now because he's the head of a climate for the Biden administration, and they're they're expecting twenty different federal organizations are going to be represented at this thing. So we've got a big showing there and I expect John Kerry will be there. He usually attends these. But again, it's it's uh, this is this is really a charade. It's an exercise and futility. If we all live long enough, we'll have cop fifty and and we're not going to see any any real change. This is going to break down. And we're seeing many many examples, from electric cars, to offshore wind to you know, the federal I'm sorry, I should say the finance organizations getting out of a ESG and a lot of other things. People are going to get back to, as they talk about my book, People are going to get back to sensible energy policy that looks at real pollution and looks at reliability and looks at cost.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was watching the premiere of Yellowstone last night and and there's there's a scene where I guess they're in Texas, and they show this one scene in Texas and all you can see are these giant windmills for as far as they span from one side of the shot to the other on a big screen TV, and it's it's windmills as far as the eye can see. Are there any examples in the United States where windmill farms or solar farms or such things are operating and actually operating at a profit or paying for themselves based on the amount of electricity that they produce. Do you know of any that are operating on US.
Speaker 3: I think some of them are. It's a little bit difficult to tell because there's usually a they provide about In twenty twenty three it was about fourteen percent of US electricity. They get investment tax credits up to thirty percent of the investment. There are state credits as well. There's a production tax credit from the federal government. There's an awful lot of incentives for these things, yet they're doing very, very poorly. I wrote an article recently that talks about how terrible renewable energy stocks have done across the world, and they're just very, very poor. If you look at the Rennix indexri NIXX of the top thirty industrial equ green equipment companies in the world. It was formed about two thousand and four and in the last twenty years it has lost value from the original And at the same time, these standard pours five hundred is has quadrupled. But these things are very poor. The top seven solar companies are losing money, the top to win companies are losing money. There are only three ed companies in the world that are making money too in China and Tesla is one, There's been another thirty that have gone public since twenty twenty, and they're all losing money. All of the battery charging companies are losing money. So I think people are realizing that these investments are very, very poor. And again it's all part of what's going on that we're going to see as this breakdown occurs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think it's safe to say that these things, the solar farms, the giant solar farms, the giant wind farms would not exist but for the government subsidies that help put them there in place. Anyway, And I think a great investment opportunity is to invest in these companies whose job it is is to go out and dismantle and dispose of these things, because I think they're going to either one start falling apart and come crash into the ground, and these companies are going to have to go out there and take them down once their serviceable life comes to an end.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I have predicted in my book the green breakdown that give us three or four decades so when people realize that global warming isn't really a problem and then the youth are going to be out there tearing down all these wind turbines as an environmental service and replacing them with something else. So we'll just have to see about that.
Speaker 1: It's amazing how that works.
Speaker 2: But Steve Gorham, Executive director of Climate Science Coalition, the Green Breakdown, the coming renewable energy failure. Always great to have you on. Love having you on and talking about environmental issues. And just because Trump is president doesn't mean this is going to go away. So I will definitely look forward to.
Speaker 1: What to having you on again.
Speaker 3: It's a long thing.
Speaker 2: There's certainly a Steve Gorham, all the best to you, and then let's do it again before too long. All right, there you go, Steve gorm It is one five. Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred W out of you.
Speaker 9: Today, I don't feel Yesterday I felt better, maybe it was the valium, But today I feel like we lost the Senate, the Supreme Court, the executive branch. The House is on the verge of going to him. It's pathetic. There are no text and balances. A completely intelligent, qualified woman lost to a guy who who's simulating sex with a microphone.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on America.
Speaker 5: Oh oh hello, hello quiet, and I'm I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: God segment from your favorite show, The Ladies at the View that's from You're a't your favorite? Are not Happy watch? You know what?
Speaker 2: I don't even play on my regular shows. I told my listeners, I said, if you come here to hear clips of the View, you're not going to hear it on my show. Because every time you listen to one of those women talk when that was Joy Behar right there, it could be Whoopee Goldberg, it could be Sunny Houstin, It could be Anna Navarro.
Speaker 1: How do you know all these people?
Speaker 2: I know they're in the news all the time you watch, but I don't play their clips because you and I are stupider now than we were two minutes ago before that clip air.
Speaker 1: You understand that, don't you? You know what I'm saying, Dan, the stood reporters of Proud Service, every local Tamestar heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you can feel in northern Kentucky called Tom Reck died Heating and air Conditioning eight five nine two six one eighty two sixty nine. But thank you, Roxy. We also want to thank Lear's Prime market your Thanksgiving holiday de nation. They've got turkeys, they got all the fixings right there, So stop by be located in beautiful downtown Milford, Learsprime dot com. Lear's Prime always a cut above.
Speaker 2: I had the roast beef rap this afternoon, delicious, a roast beef rap, terrific, unbelievably good.
Speaker 1: We got the sad news there and all over the place. The hit king passes away. Now it's Jerry Faust, a former longtime head coach at Moler who went on to Notre Damon Akron has passed away. At eighty nine coach Moeler from nineteen sixty two to nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: It's like Rip said on Yellowstone last night, we're losing our legends. And also, is there I mean, really, when you talk about high school football, is there any one? There's no one more legendary. No, And I remember as a young as a young guy, the legendary matchups between the great Molar teams that he had and then when he would go head to head with Pat Mancusa.
Speaker 1: Correct over there. It was almost every year in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: And really you talk about how you talk about how great those Molar teams were there was only one one other team that could even think about hanging with Molar, and that was Princeton. And how great were those matchups?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think his first year at Molar won five and six. Well, you got to start somewhere. And he had one hundred and seventy eight wins, twenty three losses and two ties. Unbelievable. And then also sad news on the soccer front. FC Cincinnati player Marco Agulo has passed away from his injury sustained in a car crash in Ecuador on October the seventh. Terrible. Absolutely, he was I think what twenty two years old? Two, yeah, twenty two. He was a passenger in a car that crashed into a metal barrier in Ecuador.
Speaker 2: I saw post today on their x feed today an interview that was done with coach Fouts about maybe a month or so ago up an Akron and they said the interview were asked they see he said, what do you want your legacy to be? And he said the only thing I want is that when God takes me home, I want to I want to make it to heaven. And I'll tell you what seg if if Jerry fous. They got a good football coach up there. If if he couldn't make it to heaven, what chance to do you and I have? What chance does the rest of us have? He just went through the gates. Guy just said come on come right here, come on through.
Speaker 1: We're ready. We're ready to Your guys are waiting for you. Coach's right, that's right. Ohio boys a Division five state soccer championship last night, Summit Country Day. The boys won their A state title. The Summit girls won their state championship on Sunday. So there's five five states soccer champion right here in Cincinnati and around the area.
Speaker 2: So you gotta you gotta get you gotta get them in here. You got to get the girls volleyball from Ursula, right.
Speaker 1: We got We got it all set on the Seaton Nurst Wednesday, next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. When Willie comes back. Stood reports honoring the champions, all high school champs all the time. That's fantastic. Let's see college basketball, looks like the Bearcats, rated seventeenth in the nation, are going to be without the junior swingman Dan Skillings Union for a few weeks.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: He is out after minor minor knee or surgery yesterday. No timetable for his return on the court tonight jack Jackson State and Xavier at eight right here on seven out of WLW, Duke and Kentucky seven thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty, and Maryland Eastern Shore will take on the Miami RedHawks.
Speaker 2: Maryland Eastern Shore didn't skip Prosser coach there for a year.
Speaker 1: I think he did. I think I did. You can get the latest on NKU basketball tonight on the Coaches Show starting at six on ESPN fifteen thirty, and the NKU Coaches Show will be a dead low brewing tonight. Tickets remain for next week's U see NKU game Tuesday, November nineteenth, Norse NKU Norse dot com slash tickets for that big game next Tuesday. So that game is at the Truest Truest Bank Truist Arena. Correct. There you go. Bengals upday, brought to you my good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town, thirteen locations in northern Kentucky. What about four Nettes. Bengals are back on the field tomorrow getting ready for their game Sunday night up against the Chargers, who are six and three. Leonard Fournette went home. I don't understand four time Pro Bowl corner Xavion Howard did not sign, couldn't come to an agreement. He knows he'll worked under lou Anarumo in Miami, and why not sign here and play? But he's you do well, stop playing somewhere else. No, he said, I'm going to go back home for the next available opportunity. I guess I had one here. I guess he's got enough money in the bank he doesn't need to sign. I guess they aren't. I guess that's how that works. Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase nominees for the FedEx Air and Ground Players of the Week. You can vote for them at NFL dot com slash FedEx through tomorrow at three o'clock. Cincinnati Football bear Catcher at number seventeen Iowa State. Saturday Night, More to Night on the Scott Saderfield showed live from Tom Gregory's original Montgomery in six eight oh five on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 2: So you see plays on Saturday night right. The Bengals play on Sunday night right, So Dan Horde will be just fine.
Speaker 1: As he's got a basketball game. If they hear it's Friday, Ames Iowa on Saturday, Los Angeles, California Sunday.
Speaker 2: And then I've got to be here. Mike McConnell took Monday off after the Bengals Sunday night game, so I got to be here. From McConnell, I'll be here with him.
Speaker 1: On Monday morning.
Speaker 2: You and me together will be sitting here staring at each other blankly at five point thirty in the Morningfully, it's a win on Monday.
Speaker 1: Reds Upday. Get the latest on the Reds in baseball Tonight Hot Stove League six to seven Right here on seven hundred WLW. The special guest tonight, new manager Terry Francona. Francona ECHL Hockey. Today they had a field day, brought all the school kids into Heritage Bank Arena for the hockey game. Taught them things didn't go well. Calumba Zoo beat the Cyclones in overtime, three to two. The Clones are now oh and six to begin the season. What Sarah eleaset there? I don't know. NHL tonight, Columbia wild Man, I have no idea. NHL Columbus Blue Jackets skate at Seattle and the Cincinnati Bearcats hockey. They had a club team. They're now going Division one starting the five club. Well they had a club team. Now they're going to Division one in twenty twenty five where they got hockey where they have no idea the hockey bear Cats are gonna play in the American Collegiate Hockey Association, which includes the UK Wildcats. So watch out. They're gonna build a hockey arena someplace in Clifton. What about Miami University too far away? Go up to the gog and ice arene are they they're gonna they're gonna play hockey. They gotta go play Miami. They're gonna they're gonna they're gonna ice up there. I'm told they're going to, uh put an ice arena I think in Burnett Woods, or they're gonna move the Zoo. I don't know.
Speaker 2: They're gonna tell they're gonna tear down that one building that.
Speaker 1: Looks like for they're gonna. I have no idea where they're gonna might have room for an arena right there. Well, put the ice down at fifth third Arena. Have you seen the new indoor football facility. What about the revitalized Armory field House? What about that you're saying you see hockey right there? I don't know. Well, Dan cal Willy's cousin John Cunningham, and see what he's going to do.
Speaker 2: What Dan hordby calling the U see hockey games as well? Yeah, you see football or anything else? Why basketball? You see hockey?
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: And then Xavier's got a behind the scenes thing that they're doing that's going to be on Fox nineteen. So I think it's called all In and then and they've got the I don't know if it's the guys on the team or they've got a production company, but apparently they're shooting all this behind It's going to be like a Xavier's version of Hard Knocks and all the.
Speaker 1: Behind the scenes stuff. I gotta get Joe Daniman on to talk about that. See what happens.
Speaker 2: That'll be fantastic. But how about how about Kamala Harris and doctor Jill Biden at the Memorial Day that was Antarctica Veterans Day. I wasn't that wasn't Arctic. That was Antarctica yesterday. When those two didn't even I mean Anthony Blincoln, the Secretary of State was sitting right behind doctor Jill correct Kamala walks in, shakes his hand, and then and she never she stared straight ahead like I see nothing, I know nothing.
Speaker 1: I think they'll have a gala Washington like White House dinner for all four of them before they leave. I don't think so. I don't have that, don't. And then how about Malania Trump? What's he doing? Blania Trump?
Speaker 2: I guess Jill said, come on to the White House and we'll have some tea and crumpets. And Milania Trump said, see you would wow? How about that Blinnia Trump said, remember the raid on mar A Lago.
Speaker 1: I ain't going knob. The big boys are meeting tomorrow, right.
Speaker 2: Trump will be there at the White House. And then today Joe Biden. I just saw this. Joe Biden is in the Oval Office and he's meeting with some foreign leader and there's a reporter in there who says, oh, President by.
Speaker 1: The guy is the I guess the guy that runs Gaza or something.
Speaker 2: I thought I think it might be the uh yeah, well I don't I don't know who it is. But he's sitting there, he's talking to this dude, and some reporter says, we be able to get a hostage deal before the end of your presidency, and he says, do you think you can get hit in the head.
Speaker 1: With a camera? Nice? That's what he said. That's what he says to a reporter. See they got they got the rump. Now that they've lost, and they're dumping on each other in the worst kind of way, then go it ain't pretty. No, have you got a d next to your name, it better be Denison instead of Democrats.
Speaker 2: You're hating life more one se get us out of the students report, if you would please.
Speaker 1: Dan, Carol and Honter of a cool day here in the tri State. And when will those clones win? Come on, and I have guaranteed win night, Come on own second of them. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report with Shamboosi. I want to see Shamboosi. What about Donald Trump and Shamboosi Shimboosi. He's gotta sing it the in honor God bless them.
Speaker 2: Eric, I'd say that that was cutting idiots on seven hundred WLW Sean McMahon, let's open the phone lines five, one, three, seven, four nine, seven thousand and one eight hundred, the big one if you want to pick up the phone, and a FEMA employee, according to townhall dot com, has builled the beans on the discriminations scandal. The former Federal Emergency Management Agency supervisor. The FEMA supervisor fired for reportedly directing disaster relief workers to avoid hurricane hit homes in Florida that had Donald Trump signs is now spilling the beans on the rest of the department. According to the ex employee, this was not an isolated incident, as the agency insists, and the discriminatory practice is happening elsewhere in other disaster areas. In fact, it is widespread FEMA policy to discriminate against politically hostile houses when allocating aid, she said. Following her her firing, Marnie Washington spoke out in an interview Tuesday with Roland Martin, a daily digital show airing on the Blackstar Network. Washington wants to set the record straight, blasting FEMA's suggestion that she made an independent managerial decision telling staff to skip the pro Trump households. She said this was a mischaracterization of what happened. Rather, it's standard protocol that even extends beyond Florida. FEMA always preaches an avoidance first and then de escal escalation, so this is not isolated, Washington told the program's host. It's a colossal event of avoidance, not just in Florida, but you'll find avoidance in the Carolinas. FEMA previously Paul's dad. In parts of North Carolina in the aftermath of Hurricane Helen, FEMA responders were reportedly relocated over concerns of an armed militia allegedly threatening personnel in the area. Senior leadership will lie to you and tell you that they don't know, Washington asserted. But if you ask the disaster survivor assistants, crew leads and specialists what they are experienced in the field, they will tell you. So she is saying that this whole idea, that she alone sent this message out that you got to be careful out there, that you want to avoid homes and advertise for Trump that this was on her list of best practices. She's essentially saying that this is the standard operating procedure for FEMA. FEMA insists that Washington's orders were an isolated incident, not approved by the agency, So there's going to be a hearing on this that Comer of Kentucky is going to have on this, and we'll see what comes of that. But would anyone be surprised if if this administration engaged in such practices. According to this woman, Marnie Washington, who got fired for this, she is saying that this is it's not isolated. She did it in Florida and it's also happening in the Carolinas too. So we'll see what comes of that. That story is breaking right now and we'll see what else happens. Dana Bash on CNN, I'm seeing a lot of stories today that a lot of people are going to be getting fired from CNN, and their ratings continue to tank in the wake of the election. The ratings for CNN, the ratings for MSNBC are not good, and they actually, I believe, have been praying for a second Trump presidency in order to try to keep their ratings somewhat intact. And they will spend the next three or four years or as long as Trump is in office, of bashing him and making him seem like the second coming of Adolf Hitler. They're going to do everything they can, and people who hate Trump, I don't know if there's enough people who hate Trump in the United States to keep their ratings afloat. So we'll see what happens there with Dana Bash was on with a representative of the Trump campaign, and just listen to the conversation that they had there. And while you're listening to this, when you hear the response from the guy from the Trump administration, well the Trump campaign, I should say, Dana Bash just sort of hangs her head and knows that she should probably should not have asked the question. So Sean McMahon, let's hear that cut. I believe that's cut one.
Speaker 8: So, speaking of policy, your campaign flooded the air waves in the battleground states and on national cable, even on networks and streaming during NFL games with ads specifically focused on a trans issue. I want you to listen to some of it and we'll talk on the other side.
Speaker 10: Even the liberal media was shocked commalist reports taxpayer funded sex changes for prisoners and illegal aliens. Every transgender inmate would have access kamalas for they them.
Speaker 1: President Trump is for you.
Speaker 8: The transgender community in the US is very very small. It got really outsized attention. There are a lot of people who say that your campaign demonized the trans community as a way to present a wedge issue for perhaps men of color, suburban parents. Why do you think, and I know you believe that those ads worked, Why do you think they worked.
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 10: First of all, we didn't demonize the transgender community. In fact, this really isn't even about transgender issues.
Speaker 1: This ad is really about misplaced priorities.
Speaker 10: At the end of the day, it is a small minority of the country that thinks taxpayer dollars should be spent on that sort of thing. And when you have a majority of the country who was saying very clearly that they don't believe the government is working for them. They're worse off than they were four years ago. The country is in the wrong track. And then to see a presidential candidate who is saying she's going to move this agenda forward and that's how taxpayer dollars should be spent, it just doesn't comport with them. They don't think the government is working for them. People want the government to be doing what their priorities are, and frankly, spending taxpayer dollars to give transgender surgery to prisoners is just not a priority of the American people. And that's why the ad was effective. It's about misplaced priorities on behalf of a leader.
Speaker 2: So there you go, misplaced priorities. And so Dana Bash asked that question. And look, there used to be a time and it wasn't that long ago, and you can remember it, and I can remember it when anyone who was in the Republican Party who had anything to do with a GOP campaign would be asked a question like that and they would put their tail between their legs and try and back to backtrack and stutter and stutter and stammer and try to pretend as if they didn't really mean to offend anyone.
Speaker 1: But no, this guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is just amazing the transformation that has happened to certain people in the Republican Party and how they go out and answer these questions. And that's why JD. Vance was so effective after Trump picked him, because JD. Vance had been through the fire, he had answered these questions already, he was prepared, he was ready to go. And so many of these interviewers in the national media think that they are so smart and so much better prepared and think that they're going to go out and take a guy like JD Vance and make him look like a fool. Well, he turned the tables on them almost every single time, and it was glorious to see. Here's the video. I was talking about this video yesterday. So yesterday I was in for Sloan. Today I'm in for Bill Cunningham, and I was talking about this video yesterday. I had it and then I lost it and couldn't find it. But I found it again and I sent it to Sean McMahon. And this is one of the Trump videos. And Trump is making putting out a series of videos like this based on what his policy positions are going to be. And one of the things, and this is sort of in keeping with the trans stuff that they were just talking about there with Dana Bash. This is Trump talking about how these things are going to be addressed, mostly as they relate to young kids in school. And here's that cut from Trump talking about his policy position. Sean, let's hear that bite.
Speaker 7: Here's my plan to stop the chemical, physical, and emotional mutilation of our youth. On day one, I will revoke Joe Biden's cruel policies on so called gender affirming care. Ridiculous A process that includes giving kids puberty blockers, mutating their physical appearance, and ultimately performing surgery on minor children.
Speaker 1: Can you believe this?
Speaker 7: I will sign a new executive order instructing every federal agency to cease all programs that promote the concept of sex and gender transition at any age. I will then ask Congress to permanently stop federal taxpayer dollars from being used to promote or pay for these procedures, and pass a law prohibiting child sexual mutilation in all fifty states.
Speaker 1: It will go very quickly.
Speaker 7: I will declare that any hospital or health care provider that participates in the chemical or physical mutilation of minor youth will no longer meet federal health and safety standards for Medicaid and Medicare, and will be terminated from the program immediately. Furthermore, I will support the creation of a private right of action for victims to suit doctors who have unforgivably performed these procedures on minor children. The Department of Justice will investigate Big Pharma and the big hospital networks to determine whether they have deliberately covered up horrific long term side effects of sex transitions. In order to get rich at the expense of vulnerable patients, in this case.
Speaker 1: Very vulnerable.
Speaker 2: All right, So there you go, there's Donald Trump making him I don't know how he can make that position any more clear that this is what's going to happen. And he is hitting them right where accounts the most, and that is going to be in their ability to make money on this, on these types of procedures and surgeries. And thank God for that. I mean, I know, you know, we've already got laws here in Ohio and several other states have laws that prevent that are aimed at preventing this kind of thing. And so when Trump comes out and says that the federal government is no longer going to be in support of these kinds of policies, no longer advocate for this, and then when you talk about how, uh, yeah, the medicaid, you're not going to be available for Medicare, Medicaid, all the rest of it, that that is going to make them sit up and take notice more than anything else. And I'll restate my position on that when it comes to the kids, you got to leave the kids alone. You got to you got to leave the kids out of this kind of stuff. If you are an adult and this is the kind of thing you want to do, then by all means, go out and find find the right doctor, find the right whatever, and you dig into your own pocket and pay for it. The federal government has no business paying for this country. And then and and really this is the only way that this this thing is going to go away. And Dana Brash made that point that, oh, it's such a small group of people, it's such a small and and she's right about that, it is a very small group of people. But it seems like every time you turn around, we are hearing policies, we are being lectured to, laws are being made in order to not just accommodate, but to bend over backwards so we can have more of this. And and and this is the kind of thing that that schools should not, especially in the schools when you're talking about little kids who are getting involved in this. And I've talked about this probably more than anyone else on this radio stage, that no, these are the kind of things.
Speaker 1: That, look, you've got to leave the kids out of it.
Speaker 2: And it looks like the Trumpster is very serious about going down this road. And I think once these policies get in place and people start coming to their senses on this sort of thing, and the money drives up, then we will be able to move on and this will no longer necessarily be a topic of conversation all that much. Although the Fox News right now is talking about the volleyball player out at San Jose State University, and all these teams in the Mountain West Conference have said, these women's volleyball teams have said that they won't compete because this San Jose State team has a male player on the team and they think it's dangerous for them. And the coach, one of the coaches, the assistant head coach who spoke out about this, wound up getting fired from her job. So that whole thing out there is taken on a life of its own, and that has become an absolute mess. I continue to marvel at how the Kamala Harris campaign spent a billion dollars, twenty million of it apparently at the very and then Oprah. I saw a h I saw a video of Oprah this morning, and I guess she was found by a reporter somewhere as she lives in Hawaii, and apparently she was walking to her car that was parked on a street. I cannot imagine. And maybe she owns the street too, but I cannot imagine that Oprah parks her car on the street. I don't know if she was visiting a friend. It didn't it didn't look like she was at a you know, like a public place, like a you know, a strip mall or you know, a public business or anything like that. It looked like she was just out on a residential street, walking to her car. And that's when she was confronted by this reporter, and the reporter asked her about getting paid a million dollars to do that interview and pretend that she was supporting Kamala Harris and she's and she looked at the reporter and said no. And then I saw an article in the New York Post where they were talking about it. And it turns out that her production company, Harpro Productions, may have turned up may have wound up getting paid the million dollars and not her personally. So maybe that's how she gets around by saying no, I didn't get paid a million dollars. But I found it interesting that she was walking to her car on what looked to be a residential street and then getting in this car and driving away. Wouldn't you think that Oprah would have her car parked somewhere on a I mean, I've never been to Oprah's house, not Florida but in Hawaii, but I would imagine she lives on some exclusive acreage, definitely probably has a gate out front, and her car is not parked on the street. So that was to me, that was one of the most interesting things.
Speaker 1: Of that video.
Speaker 2: And I'll maybe I'll have time to look into it a little bit further and report back to you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: But we got to get to a break.
Speaker 2: We've got news coming up at the bottom of the hour, and then segue back in here for another Stooge report. So I am certainly looking forward to having that bit of fun as we roll on till three o'clock this afternoon. Dan Carroll in for the Great American Bill Cunningham on the Home of Pete Rose. Seven hundred wlw end of your.
Speaker 11: Turn, Thank you, hit the head, all right, thank you all.
Speaker 5: Hello, quiet, I'm I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: You know, seg there are some people who would ask if that guy is fit to be president, fit to be sitting in the Oval office when he responds to a reporter, do you think you can get hit in the head with a camera?
Speaker 1: Nice? What the hell wrong with that guy?
Speaker 2: And then you got people out there who's a loser. Well he well he was a week ago tonight like that Beatles song, I'm a loser, damn straight. And Kamala Harris was a loser too, correct, but you got you got. Now you have people out there who think that it's a good idea for Biden to step down and then let Kamala Harris be the president for the next whatever it is, seventy days or sixty five days or whatever it is. Great man, that that is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard. I mean that that makes it look. Look, this country just said not only no, but hell no to her. And and then you got some numbnut out there who wants Biden to step down and have her become Do you think Jill Biden's gonna.
Speaker 1: Let that happen? Cool? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Do you think Joe Biden's gonna gonna go along with that plan?
Speaker 1: I know if that happens, those two will be in a ring on SmackDown Friday Night. Someplace now that now that that'll be a match.
Speaker 2: That would be something that maybe maybe that could be the undercard to the Mike Tyson fight with a bad.
Speaker 1: Idea with this dude on. What's this other guy's name? Oh, Jake the Snake? What's his name? What the heck is that guy's name? Paul Jake, Paul Jake, Paul? Are you gonna watch that when that comes on? No, that's supposed to be like a real fight, though, isn't it. Yeah? I think Tyson will I give him about two rounds and mister Paul will say noah, bah ba nah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean this ja guy seems like he's getting all pumped up. He's all you gonna have, Yeah, he's all he's all beefed up, all yeah, balked up.
Speaker 1: He's ready to go. Dan Carroll the Stood Reporters, the proud service of your local tame Star Heating and air Conditioning dealers, Tamestar Quality would feel a beautiful Milford the home of one main gallery. Call right down the street. It's Baker Heating at five one three eight three one fifty one twenty four. But of course that's sad news. World of sports here locally. Jerry fous the longtime former longtime head coach at Mohler went on to Notre Dame, and Akrond has passed away at the age of eighty nine. FC Cincinnati player Marco Gulo. And Gulo has passed away of injury sustained in a car crash on October seventh that also killed his former youth team teammate in Ecuador. So he was on he was on loan to that team. Correct, twenty two years old.
Speaker 2: He was on loan and then I guess, so that meant at some point he was gonna he was supposed to come back to FC Cincinnati, Is that right?
Speaker 1: Correct? So that's terrible. Tonight college basketball Jackson State and Xavier at eight right here on seven out at WLW Kentucky and Duke at seven thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty. Also Maryland Eastern Shore takes on Travis Steele's Miami RedHawks. Get the latest on NKU basketball Tonight Coaches Show starting at six live from Dead Low Brewing and on ESPN fifteen thirty. Bengals Update brought to you by US Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town with thirteen locations in northern Kentucky. Your tailgate, your tailgate destination. Bengals back on the field, getting ready for that Sunday night road contest against th six and three Los Angeles Chargers College football Cincinnati Bearcats on the road at number seventeen. I was Saturday Night. More and the Scott Satderfield showed live for the original Montgomery and at eight oh five tonight on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Also, the Hot Stove League Red's manager Terry Francona is going to be a special guest tonight by phone on the Hot Stove League. Get the latest there six o'clock right here on seven outdred wlw EHL Hockey action Today, the Cyclones fall to the Kalamazoo Wings three to two in front of a record breaking crowd of thirteen thousand, six hundred and sixty seven spect thirteen thousand, the Cyclones hosting their largest attendance on a weekday in a franchise history. That was on a field trip for school kids. They went down and watched the hockey today and learned some stuff in school. But the Clones fall in. They're six and three on the to begin the season.
Speaker 2: Seg when you were in school, did you ever get to take a field trip to a hockey game?
Speaker 1: I can't remember. How cool I don't think so, how cool would that have been? But the Clones will try there for that first win, the elusive first win Friday night when they host the expansion Bloomington Bison this Friday night at seven thirty five. So that's it.
Speaker 2: The only field trip I ever went on when I was in school was we went to the butternut bread factory.
Speaker 1: Wow. Well, I take that back. One time.
Speaker 2: One time when I was in school, we went a field trip and we took a field trip to the GM plant nor I.
Speaker 1: Think we used to go to the Natural History Museum all the time. You know the the planetarium was right yeah, yeah, and they had the fake moon out there and the rest of it. Yeah. Did you go on a field trip there? A big shot turn on Rockies mic there we go turn them all on? Check check. Yeah.
Speaker 12: The Museum of Natural History that was one that he Yeah, remember the old one if I recall, it had like a you walked in and had some sort of like a cave looking things the left, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the planetarium is now. Uh tany O Rourke's makeup room at Channel nine. She needs a lot of nobody. Nobody knows that but us. Yeah, exactly. She does not share with anybody. No, No, that's her ju trying to get in there the other day. Nope, not having it. Very good and also rock. We want to thank Penn Station. It's all about good taste. Penns brought down your lunch today. Uh seven?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: What'd you get? Seven? Philly cheese?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 12: There's nothing really left, so I don't know what we got. But no, love Penn Station. Penn Station is like kind of one of the best kept secrets.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 12: That thing is is amen, always really really good. Love Penn Station. We go to the one in Harrison a lot.
Speaker 1: It's the best there you go. What about what about Jerry Foules? Wow, I mean I was there. I was there in nineteen eighty when he got named a Notre Dame coach. And we're sitting there and Trump he says, call him McConnell played that that sound this morning. That was fantastic And I didn't have I was just I I didn't know what I was doing back then, still don't, But sitting there and Uh, Doug Kid called his number and he and I get, well, I take that back. I think they heard Trumpy. He was listening to their station. He was listening to the station on the way back from Cocoma and turns into a gas station and calls him. Yes, and it's like, I mean, I don't think anybody else had an interview with him yet. And all of a sudden, he says, I was listened to you. It's unbelieve you know. Now he had that voice, and it was like, you know, at any time you called here, but it's like any time any you know, it's like he was the best. It was the best. One hundred and seventy eight and twenty three. Pretty good, pretty good. Yeah.
Speaker 12: I met him one time. Maybe I met him twice, but one time we're actually talking with him. I was at the gCO Awards bank what is nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 1: I'm a senior. He was there and uh, he knew I was going another dame and came.
Speaker 12: Up and said hello, talked a little bit, talk about how special the place it was. And then a couple of days later I had a signed copy of his book.
Speaker 1: How about that? Cool?
Speaker 2: I mean you think you think of of the young men, all the young men that that guy influenced in a positive way. I remember a story a few years ago that, you know, Muller had not been in the playoffs for a few years, and they then a few years ago they only made it back into the playoffs. So they're having a giant pep rally there at the school before they played whoever they played in their playoff game, and the mascot comes out and the mascots out there and he's jumping around and dancing around and getting everybody pet getting everybody fired up, and then all of a sudden, they stopped the proceedings. The mascot goes up on the stage, takes the head off and yeah, it's Jerry Fou and the place just went I mean, I mean, that's the kind of guy was. Yeah, I met him and talked to them a couple of times, but I mean, just I mean, you talk about legendary.
Speaker 1: I mean that there's they do have a statue. It's behind the school. They do. I didn't think they had one, but they they have it behind the school, and I guess it's head going out to the practice fields and that type of thing. So they had to move it to the front. Put it right there in the front, right right next to the crusader.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I think he'd want to be out there where they're playing football. I don't know, right there behind the scene.
Speaker 1: How old was he? Eighty nine? Eighty nine, lived a long and wonderful life.
Speaker 2: And and then and then he said, I saw an interview that was done with him a couple of months ago, and the guy said, uh, coach, he said, what what do you want to hope your legacy is?
Speaker 1: And he said, all I want to do is make it to heaven. You imagine that born in Dayton and played for the quarterback the Flyers. That's good for you. That's right, good knowledge Dayton and I and I believe somebody told me I think Jerry Foul started his first year at Moeller at five and six. I think I think he was under five hundred his first year. Well, for a first year program, that's not too bad. That bad, no, You know, you get a bunch of guys out there, probably had a bunch of underclassmen.
Speaker 12: Then you have a few kids named you know, Bob Crable and Hayawatha and Dan House.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy, Sylvester cap. Then they all start rolling in. Then it's like, okay, uh, some guy named Byron Larkin and Barry Larkin. Those are pretty good names. So did Junior play football? I don't know if i'm Occonnald said he did. Maybe he did. I'm sure he did, because didn't he go to because Barry Larkin. Barry Larkin to Michigan, right, Yeah, he went to Michigan foot and then he switched to baseball. So I would like to see Barry play football. I like to see Junior play. There you go. It would have been something probably pretty good. Say what would you what would Junior's position be? Wide receiver? Of course I would say he be Yeah.
Speaker 2: You think, I mean, I don't know. He's kind of built like a linebacker. Yeah, he's gonna come out that line, that line.
Speaker 1: I think he'd go for the flare wide receiver you think.
Speaker 12: So, yes, yes, yea touchdown passes, Yeah, all I know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean back back in the eighties, Moler, when in the when they were winning all those champion chips, they had the coolest looking uniforms because they had they had the stars on the shoulder and then going down the side of the pants instead of stripes.
Speaker 1: They had stars going the gigantic the gigantic shoulder pads. Well, they all did right, but it looked made them, made them look like there were three times as big as anybody else.
Speaker 2: But I mean, but they talked about how good those Moler teams were, and they and then and I mean that those teams were unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Didn't get any better than Pat Mancuso v. Jerry Faust in the playoffs. There you go another legend.
Speaker 2: I mean, there wasn't There wasn't any team around anywhere except for Princeton that could be on the field with those guys.
Speaker 1: I'd like to see a list of the twenty three teams that he lost.
Speaker 12: I bet Steve Rasso, the great Steve Rasso of St. X, and I bet he went up against Jerry Foust at the South. Probably didn't that at X because he would have already been an under dame by then, ye or after that.
Speaker 2: I don't know some of the all time greats man where it's like like Rip said on Yellowstone last night, he said, we're losing our legends, losing our legends. Those guys were legends. Pete Rose, Jerry Foulest, I mean, you tell me, maybe we just have Bill Cunningham come into a Mount rushmore of of a local Cincinnati or high school sport there. Jerry Faust has got to be there's half of it right there.
Speaker 12: Steve Rosso, pat Man, Jerry Faust in high school football? About Tom Grippa, what about him? Kerry Comb, Kerry Combs, Kerry he's got to be on it too. They have to do more than four And how about and how about and he's not retired one side of the mount rock on the other side there you go.
Speaker 1: How about Trump and putting out the bat signal is coming back? Well, that that was the only way to do it. I mean there was no social media.
Speaker 12: There wasn't Twitter, No, I mean that was there was probably at that point there was very very few people knew that he was the coach because he just got off from the job. He's driving back and that news was broke right here on the big one. How about that that was the power of the Trump you w w is all over the place, and that too, the signal.
Speaker 1: Didn't Martin? Didn't Marty do that one night for Tom Browning? But yeah, he put out the bad signal. You know, Tom Browning to come back. He was with his wife what at you see medical center a Christ's hospital. She was gonna she was pregnant, and they got, hey, you gotta you gotta come back. We're we're you got it. You might have to pitch in this game. And he did, you gonna need you for a leaf in the seventh day. Yeah, that's the bat. That stuff doesn't happen anymore. Too many contracts and agents and Instagram and TikTok and and Twitter and sports.
Speaker 12: Scientists says, ah, you can't do you can't do that. The the body calculating.
Speaker 1: No, that is a good old days on. What do you got on the show today?
Speaker 12: See right of the gate, we have a an expert, a small business expert, Jason Taylor is going to talk about what to expect, what small businesses hope to expect from a Trump administration.
Speaker 2: Everyone that I know that has a small business, things going to be great.
Speaker 1: That's everything that that I've heard.
Speaker 2: They if they had a small business back when Trump was president and twenty sixteen, twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, I mean they're they're expecting great things.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right.
Speaker 12: We're gonna talk with Alice Coolidge, I believe at four o'clock to get what is the final word on Frishes because they're closing left and right. When when's the last one going to be standing? What's the story with that? We're gonna get the good deal on that.
Speaker 2: That is what that That whole thing with Frishes is one of the strangest things.
Speaker 1: Strangest, like overnight they went from like great.
Speaker 12: Food, you know, the whole and then it was like, God, this is just didn't taste the same, It's not as good. And then the close stores are closing and it was very precipitous.
Speaker 1: That's all I went to.
Speaker 2: I went to the commissary one time where they make their pumpkin pies. I was like, I was like kicking it with Ken right, I'm backing back in my fox nineteen days, Yes, And so we went to the commissary there they were making all their pumpkin pies.
Speaker 1: I mean say that that was that was.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest assignments I ever had had.
Speaker 1: About that.
Speaker 2: I came home with like a half a dozen punkin pies first's punkin pies.
Speaker 1: Heck yeah, and a lot of jars, a tartar saws.
Speaker 12: But it just shows what these private equity firms that are buying up businesses, small businesses left and right across the nation all day, every day.
Speaker 1: What happens.
Speaker 12: It usually always ends in that they take something they're not invested in, like like you know, like Mike Lerosa and Buddy le Rosa and those folks are inviting invested in the Roses not just from a money standpoint, but from a care and a community standpoint.
Speaker 1: When that goes, the whole damn thing goes. And that's what happened to frustrating, and that equity firm is ruining an iconic restaurant and business in this area. Iconic.
Speaker 12: You can't tell me that that doesn't work. Great sandwiches with tartar sauce on them.
Speaker 1: The big boy.
Speaker 12: I mean, you got a lot of good things working for you there, but you got a bunch of muckety MUCKs out of out of state. They don't understand the Cincinnati market, don't understand what Fish's means of this place. And hey, if we can consolidate some things and just pump out good big boys with tartar sauce on them, people will buy them.
Speaker 2: But how many people have called into your show and talked about back in the seventies when they on a Friday night they'd go cruising into the main and they go there and get the curb service and all the rest of that. I mean, you know, you can't you can't replace those kind of memory correct. And it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: They're white and they're wiping them out, wiped out.
Speaker 2: I mean, if if you would have told me five years ago something like this was gonna happen, I would say, no way, no way possible.
Speaker 1: But say that maybe the Trump can can save them. He's gonna fix a lot of things.
Speaker 13: Trump trum Trump save them, sat to save small businesses, and maybe he can save freshes.
Speaker 1: We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report. Merry Christmas everyone.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine if we had that for four more years? Oh god, I mean the worst thing.
Speaker 1: Her talking yet? No, did you see some of the videos of that. That is ice cold, son, It's Antarctica right there.
Speaker 12: If you try to take my husband out, you worthless, you know what. That's what she was thinking. I want's just see a cat fight right there.
Speaker 1: That's a lot worse than a cat fight. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to see that. We gotta get out of here, see you next time. On seven hundred w.
Speaker 1: L morning is the best part of my day. I wake up with