Speaker 1: I don't know I missed it. US is happening fast. Keep up fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Sevenh six Here at fifty five KRCD talk station right if I'm switching you a very happy Friday and welcoming back into the fifty five KRC Morning show studio. Bring him acount from the Hudson in Student. You can find him on line at Hudson dot org. He is a senior Fellow and director there of the Innovation on American Energy Security at Hudson and Student. That's where we're talking about today energy policy. He's got three decades at the domestic in foreign policy experience, served in key position with an industry, government, and the military, recently responsible for running one of the world's most complex energy transportation infrastructure networks, the Trans Alaska Pipeline System. I also served as a regulatory co chair of the federal Government's Commercial Space Advisor Committee senior executive appointments while working for both political parties during the three administrations, so he's seen it all. He's also a professor at Miami University, where he teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in law, policy and ethics. Break him, it's always a pleasure having in the studio. Man, I hope you're doing well.
Speaker 1: Hi am Brian.
Speaker 2: It's great to see you, and I understand we have a lot of energy to talk about, and it's been the subject matter. I mean, obviously I talk about energy problems policies, and they're seemingly divorced from reality nature given this green revolution we're being forced to undergo. So we've got a lot of topics to talk about. But this energy policy took you to Hungary recently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure did, was in Hungary last week and attending a geopolitical conference put on by several organizations, you know, primarily because Central and Eastern Europe are not on board with the green energy transition and being pushed by Germany and a couple others.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought they were all lockstep in, locked in arm in arm, marching forward toward a green new world.
Speaker 1: Brigham, Yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Would think that, but you know, when you drill into it, Europe, like the US, it's not monolithic, right, and people have different perspectives, and for especially those that used to be under the boot of the Soviet Union, they have a different perspective on life.
Speaker 2: I imagine living under the boot of oppression that long, they might be jaded, cynical, and not have a whole lot of confidence in their government lords and masters.
Speaker 3: Well, I think the term we use in foreign policy and political speak is they're realists.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: Well, let's put this realism to the test. I noted that when you were there, and you've got quite a few notes for me to rely on, which I appreciate because it's hard enough keeping track of everything that's going on here in the United States, let alone what's going on the European Union. But I understand that you were told, or the German citizen who was told by their gases are whoever their energies are, that, well, we don't need natural gas anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, despite the fact that I was just looking at carbon emissions. If we want to use that as a measuring stick.
Speaker 1: Well that's what they like to do, isn't it. Yeah, Well, you know.
Speaker 3: That's fascinating because remember we used to talk about pollution and how pollution is harmful to one's health. Right, Yeah, I think we all agree with that, no doubt about it. And we start talking about greenhouse gases and there's not one greenhouse gas. There's a little more than a half a dozen. But suddenly we just started talking about one greenhouse gas, yeah, carbon dioxide, right, plant food.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, the reason is we're actually cleaning up the world. You know, we have the best air and water quality since the Industrial Revolution, or at least since the United States started keeping data on this. Right, you can actually swim in rivers, the Cuyahoga doesn't catch fire, you can actually see.
Speaker 2: You can eat the fish out of Lake Erie. You can you can walleye you like the walleyfe absolutely? Okay, then walleye fishing is quite a few times in my life in Lake Erie.
Speaker 1: But it used to be basically sludge.
Speaker 2: I mean there was a Saturday night live routine about you know, Lake Erie water and had you know, chunks and it was a little like jelly and they're putting it in bottles. So you know, fresh from Lake Erie, natural water, unfiltered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do remember, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean you know at the time, people you know, up and down, you know the circula and the clean up sites and the expense and the costs. But you know, for years and years and years, companies literally poured like benzene right into the ground. Benzinees are carcinogen. We don't want that anymore. I get the idea, but those are identifible pollutants, identifiable pollutants manufacturing byproducts or products, and they cause cancer, for example. And fine carbon dioxide we exhale that and plants eat it. I mean, there's nothing demonstrably wrong with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, there's not. And people that are more of the more that you know. I'm not a scientist or an environmental engineer, but people will tell you that the carbon dioxide levels in this in the world.
Speaker 1: Used to be a lot higher.
Speaker 3: And yeah, actually, if we if we slim down and look at it, it is a minor component in the atmosphere, and human activity is responsible for less than one percent. So in fact, I think it's point one six or somebody's gonna go, oh, no, that's not right, but the point is it's very small. And so yeah, you have this German climate czar. They're John carry except wait her name by the way, and I've met her before. She's invited kind enough to invite me to a meeting. But her name is Jennifer Morgan. That sounds so Deutsch, doesn't it. Yeah, Oh, she's an American. Morgan yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She is an American born dual citizen, Jennifer Lee and former head of Greenpeace International.
Speaker 1: Oh no, she's not biased at all.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, So she was traveling to Canada because Canada has a liberal government right now, and I think most forecasters say that's gonna switch after the next election. Justin Trudeau is a good kid, but you know, time for adults to get back in charge at Canada too. So she said, by the way, we're warned that Germany and Europe will require less natural gas from countries like Canada. Germany will be driving toward forward on a renewables and we don't need your natural gas anymore, So don't invest.
Speaker 2: Are they planning ongoing nuclear power because last time I check, we all know the problems associated with solar and wind. Sometimes yes, it does produce electricity, but a lot of times it doesn't because wind's not blown, the sun's not shining. Problems, problems, problems, problems. Are they not going to have data centers in Germany, because, as you and I both know, these artificial intelligent data centers are what is renewing the demand for nuclear power in our country. I know you had the article and I talked about it earlier in the program. This week they're opening back up Three Mile Island for the basically because of artificial intelligence data center demands.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the one Microsoft's involved with? It is?
Speaker 2: Okay, So Microsoft's building a giant data center and there's not enough power for the citizenry to add additional what they're going to be using twenty percent of the available's power or whatever.
Speaker 1: So let's open three Mile Island. Yeah, so we need more energy, not less.
Speaker 3: And I think one of the things that's going to sort of bring into start contrast this notion because green energy, and this is something I talked about in Hungary green energy, we've never before, Brian had an energy transition where we've gone from a fuel source that gives us more energy to a fuel source that gives us less energy, less density, right the evolution. Yes, and that's what we're talking about. And it's not going to work because the world has never used in our entire history, minus war and COVID less energy. It's not a thing. We use more energy the earth. The world uses almost fifty percent more energy now than we did just twenty years ago. It's not a thing you cannot conserve your way to nirvana. No, in every good and service requires energy. There are more people on the globe now compared to twenty thirty years ago, one hundred years ago, I mean billions more So, even if you don't develop new energy consuming technologies or things that people need to live, the amount of needed energy is going to increase necessarily simply because the population increases.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: And we currently have four billion people around the world living not only in poverty, but below what the UN even says is an acceptable level of energy. And they want what we have. They see how wonderful it is, they want it for themselves.
Speaker 2: Well, and by virtue of the globalization we're going through, they see, sure as hell hell bend for leather to take it from us, whether we want to do it or not. By for example, the proposals from the UN the other day with mandatory taxation. Yeah, mandatory minimum confiscation of a percentage of gross domestic product.
Speaker 3: You know, it's global wealth redistribution. Well, yeah, that's exactly what it is. And you know, America has gotten to where it is today not by taking other people's stuff, but by developing our own. That American exceptionalism, and I think when you look at energy next to the cost of raw materials and labor people. Energy is the magic ingredient that makes a country prosperous or makes a country weak. And we don't nowhere in the world do you have an economy that is energy poor yet rich.
Speaker 2: Doesn't exist, can't exist. Springham a guy. We'll continue with them in studio. We have a lot more to talk about in terms of energy policy globally and locally. And speaking of energy coloring electric. You've got a house, you've got electricity flowing into it. You may have electric projects you need to have done. They are the best, call them up Family unoperated since nineteen ninety nine, a plus with the better business Vara licensed electricians, very very customer friendly. They are excellent at what they do, not just the customer friendliness, but of course the electric work.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 2: Need an outlet installed, you need your whole house home rewired, get rid of the old knob and tube, add some well canlights like I always like to use that as an illustration because they did such wonderful, wonderful work, and what a great project that was. I wish we had done eight years ago. But hey, when it comes to electric work. We called Colin and finally accomplished what we should have done a long time ago. We got a ten year warranty on the work they did for us, just like you will get regardless of the size of the project. It comes with that guarantee. Call them up five one, three, two two seven four one one two Tell Andrew Collin the crew. Brian Thomas said, Hi, please five one, three, two two and four one one two. More information online Cullen seeuill ele and Cullenelectriccincinnati dot com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC. If you missed our twenty.
Speaker 2: Here's your nine first one to waderful cast got a high wind advisor beginning at noon today and I expect some damage from those high winds.
Speaker 1: Trees getting knocked down, power lines may get knocked down.
Speaker 2: There'll be a lot of high Wednesday, going up to seventy one with rain all day and heavy rain this afternoon overnight, some spotty showers.
Speaker 1: Winds will die down a little bit. Sixty four for.
Speaker 2: Low overcast with continued showers Saturday, highest seventy overnight, then sixty two and showers and thunderstorms possible on Sunday. Seventy one to the hive. Right now, it's seventy degrees. Let's get a traffic update from.
Speaker 4: The UCL Traffic Center with u see health.
Speaker 5: The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that get patients and chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 4: Visit useehealth dot com.
Speaker 5: Northbound seventy five is running close to an extra twenty minutes between Dixie and an accident after you cross the bridge before you get to zer Arles Wright Wings Block. So is the ramp from Woodchell just above Lynch Stream to northbound seventy five. There's an accident eastbound Viterral's ramp to Ridge chuck Ingram up afty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven twenty here Fiftbouck KRCY talk station Brian Thomas with Briga McCowan, Senior Fellow and director of INITIAT, the Initiative on American Energy Security at the Hudson ins Too, which you can find online at Hudson dot org. Brigham, again, you were in Hungry delivering a speech on energy policy. Obviously, the Germans seem a scotch misguided thinking they can live without any natural gas at all? Are they still getting natural gas fromhich're from Russia.
Speaker 3: They are, in fact, they're importing liquefied natural gas since somebody did something to a couple of pipelines that was bringing all of the natural gas to Germany, and for maybe let's revisit that for a second. The Nordstream system Nordstream one and two is an Angla Merkel project to bring massive amounts of natural gas into Germany to power the German economy and all that went up with the twenty two Russian invasion Almosid Soviet Is it the same thing, No, it's not. Okay, the Russian invasion of They would like.
Speaker 1: You to believe it is the same thing, but no, it's not the same thing. No.
Speaker 3: By the way, do you know that the Russian Empire right now their GDP is equivalent to that of Italy.
Speaker 1: Boy, there's a real milestone there. Italy. Italy. Yeah, they're a powerhouse.
Speaker 2: Well you know what Italy's going to soon pass up Germany baseball. What you're telling you this morning, Well they are because this is the thing. Despite this green energy transition, what has been underlying it for all these years is cheap Russian oil and gas, and it slowed to a trickle, and what you've seen is energy prices dramatically rise in Germany and lack of investment in industry folding up and leaving the country.
Speaker 1: That does happen, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: It does because again, you know, I can't emphasize enough energy prices matter, and if renewables were actually cheaper, if putting a windmill up or something else made sense, people would do it, clearly.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's no question about that. But the only reason anybody does it now is because it comes with dangling carrots from the government incentives, you know, discount loans or freebies or cash infusions, tax ride offs or write downs. It's a fake way of creating something that seems reasonable, and yet it is a deficit inspiring. It is a government expanding reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: And I think you know, from a Hudson and Stute standpoint, one of the things that worries me is and I'm not saying that windmills are solar panels are bad by all means. They have their place, but they have their place in the toolbox. But just like you can't use a hammer for everything you do around your house, although I've tried before, it doesn't work. You need different tools for different project. That's the same thing with our energy mix. You do need different tools, but you can't get there just on one piece. So if we were actually serious about this, instead of saying you must use this energy, not that energy, government regulators should be more like referees. Hey, here is the goal, no pun intended. We want to reduce X. We want to promote Y. You guys figure out how to do it, and we'll make sure nobody's cheating and level the playing field. The government should be the referee, not the micromanager. Yes, but in a green energy focused discussion.
Speaker 2: These all require manufacturing, for example, batteries or as they go back to batteries because China apparently is core to the market and literally everything you need to create a battery, and also manufacturing. Now I know we're building manufacturing capacity here. It takes a little time, but the key ingredients are still coming from China.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we are building China's economy and resources and by corollary, military because we have to buy everything that this forced green economy has pushed on us and it comes from China.
Speaker 3: Our hard earned dollars are going to China. We're losing money, they're gaining money. And the corollary is if we look back to the Arab oil embargo of seventy five and how America went from energy abundance during World War Two to scraping, begging, pleading with Opek for a little oil, it weakened us economically, It weakened our security, It weakened our standing in the world. Where you have energy dominance, energy security, energy abundance, you have what we call hard power and soft power, you can convince people to do things, and your economy is strong. And what we're treating and having now reached energy and dependence, there are people that want to take us back to the past. But it's not OPEC. It's going to be China that we're dependent upon for everything we do. That's a terrible plan.
Speaker 2: Well that seems to be. You know, after COVID, it was a bunch of eyes finally open up to that reality. From masks to pharmaceuticals to medical equipment, at literally everything it was because China was supplying it. We had no local manufacturers or resource to provide us with much needed equipment and goods.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean, you know, globalization, it's given us cheaper stuff. We all like cheap stuff, but you know, look around your house, look at your Amazon order next time. How much of it comes from anywhere other than China. And people are starting to wake up because China steals every design. Yeah, they take everything that we've been given because in their culture, there is no such thing as private property interest.
Speaker 1: It's all. It's all for the mass people's property. That's right.
Speaker 2: See, that's where politics centers into the equation, providing them with a straight faced justification for stealing from US seven twenty six City five KC Detalk Station more with Brigham Acgown. We'll talk nukes and we'll talk other forms of energy fire. And I want to ask them about the Duke energy tax increase, or rather the energy rate increase here locally, because it's going to fund part of the Green New Deal stuff. Is it a good idea? I not thinking so. Susante Lowscamp's a good idea. She is with Cross Country Mortgage and she has more than thirty five years in the mortgage experience. Mortgage experience because she's been in the business more than thirty five years. Just a wonderful lady. She's personable, friendly, and she will get you through whatever mortgage related process you need her for as quickly and painlessly as possible. You'll enjoy working with her. My daughter certainly did. Got her financing them short up in just a couple of days for their house and living their life now thanks to Susette and her quick and hard work. So no junk fees, no application fees, great rates at the low cost, and being with Cross Country Mortgage. If you are in any one of the fifty States or Puerto Rico, she can help you out with mortgage related issues and she prides herself on finding exactly what's best for you.
Speaker 1: So rely on Susette. It's a good thing to do.
Speaker 2: You can call her any hour of the day and she'll get right back with you during business hours. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six online just send an email. So is that dot Low's camp losc kampce is that dot Low's camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs all day, heavier rain later this afternoon.
Speaker 2: There's a wind advisor that starts at noon expecting some really high winds which will probably knock some trees over so they're expecting damage as well. Over night winds a little slow down and we'll still get some spotty showers. Sixty four Tomorrow continued showers at highest seventy with spotty showers over night sixty two for a low and on Sunday showers are likely.
Speaker 1: Thunderstorms are possible. I have seventy one, which is right where we are right now. Time for traffic update. Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 5: From the UC Health Tramping Center with uc Health, the future of care is happening now through clinico trials and innovative treatments. I'd give me sens a chance for better comes. Visit usee health dot com. Northbound seventy five continues to struggle at an extra half hour between Buttermilk and an accident before Ezer Charles that blocks the right lane. The Ram from Winchell just above lynd Street is also blocked in northbound seventy five rex On Seventh and Sycamore and seven forty seven and two seventy five Chod Fingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty one fifty five KRCB talk stations are very Happy Friday to you Bryan Thomas with Brigha McCowen in studios, the Senior Fellow Director of Initiative on American Energy Energy Security at the Hudson Institute Energy Security Security. That's an interesting word there, Brigha McCowen, because we don't seem to really have much security. And as the population of the world increases, as you mentioned before, obviously necessarily the amount of electricity we need is going to increase. Without electricity, you don't have any form of well standard of living, right, I mean the countries without plumbing, for example, you need pumps to pump water. Pumps are driven by electricity, right. You know, you want air conditioning because place is hotter than hell, You're gonna need air conditioning, electrics, I mean state in the obvious. But it's just it's inextricably intertwined with everything we do.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 3: And you know, I think we've taken for granted for at least as long as I've been around. You flipped the light switch and it's going to come on. Yeah, it works, right. You go to the gas station, Eh, most of the time anyway, there's gas in the pump. You go places, it just all works and I think that's the complacency that worries me certainly, is that we've taken it for granted. But you know, look at the price of the pump, look at what electricity rates are, look where things are headed.
Speaker 2: Well in the electricity rates are going to go up again. I presume the Public Utility Commission of how it is going to prove the duke energy rate increase. Now, they'll stand back and say, well, it's only an extra one hundred and thirty bucks over three years or whatever. But we've seen a precipitous increase in electricity prices. And what they need this rate increase for, part of which, anyway, I know, is to deal with for green energy. They want to buy some of these massive battery storage facilities or create battery storage facilities. So when the wind is blowing and electricity is being generated by that windmill, they get to put it into a battery and then when the inevitable happens and the wind stops blowing and electricity is not being produced, they go hook it up.
Speaker 1: To the battery. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know the problem with that is if we took all battery capacity in the United States, plugged it all in, got it all ready assumed it was all working, and we turned everything off, it would last a couple of seconds. It's not a viable alternation, and it's extremely expensive when you have right nuclear power, where you have natural gas fired electricity generators, when you have other means that are far cheaper. You know, the government is trying to turn the utilities into an extension of the government, and the utilities are like, hey, we have to do this because the government's requiring it, and nobody cares because they just it's passed the buck. It's passed the buck to you, it's passed the buck to me. We're are the only ones that are ultimately going to feel the pinch. Everything else just to pass through.
Speaker 2: Well, it's well, like my comment on taxes on corporation, those evil money making entities that employ everybody, the more you tax them, the more expensive the products or services they provide are going to be.
Speaker 1: It's a pass through. It's a pass through part of doing business like anything else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think that's one of the concerns I have with some folks in government and some folks that want to continue to be in government, is that there is this notion that corporations are rich, that they all have money trees out back of their headquarters. This doesn't exist. This is a fallacy, and you know, sadly it can make us out of mind. Are we going to be competitive in the world? Are we going to be uncompetitive in the world. Because if we want to be competitive, if we want to be exceptional, if we want to house the data centers, if we want to be at the top of our game, then we better have good people that are educated. We need to figure out a way to extract more raw materials, and we better have cheap energy prices. It's that simple. It's really not hard.
Speaker 2: It's not hard, but that concept as salable as is to anybody in my listening audience, like, well, no kidd we want to be competitive, no kidding, we want to be the best, no kidding, we want to be the strongest. That is not the mindset of the many, many many people in government elected and otherwise. They don't want us to be the strongest nation in the world. They don't want us to be the most successful. We are an illustration in their mind of something that is evil and should be avoided because we're rapacious, we use too many resources, we're too successful, and damn it, we've got too much stuff. We need to share it with the rest of the world because of our success.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and to your point, the people that are saying this, I call them members of the global cocktail Club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, they're curson.
Speaker 2: Of the private jet of their yacht and harumph and complain about the little people and their carbon production and the masses and what needs to be done to them to get them under their thumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yes, that that is the bottom line.
Speaker 3: And you know, where there is independence, whether it's energy independence, financial independence, whatever you want to talk about. You have choices, you have power, you have literally personal independence. That's what we want. That's what we want for all Americans. That's what at least that's what we want for all Americans. And uh, you know, the people running the government, most of them have never had a private sector job in their entire life.
Speaker 1: And that is the problem.
Speaker 3: When I go to Europe, people have alphabet soup behind their name, and I'll say, say, so, where have you worked, And you know what, it's academia, it's government, it's nonprofits.
Speaker 2: There's no private sector experience. And I bet you ran into a whole lot of word salads when you were over there in hunt.
Speaker 1: Let's pause.
Speaker 2: We'll bring back Brigerman when you get his se He does have some thoughts on immigration as well, because it was a topic of conversation when he was in Hungary, just like it has been here. It's seven point thirty seven fifty five K city talk station and time for me to mention doctor Fred Pack love doctor Fred Peck. You know what I always mentioned. He is one of only three accredited fellows of the American Academy a Cosmetic Dentistry, and I was looking at his website the other day. He's only one of ninety in the entire world. You know dentists there are in the world. He is one of ninety that has achieved fellowship status because he is an absolutely amazing cosmetic dentist. So you want a transformative smile makeover, that's the man you want to see. If you're embarrassed about your smile, you don't like to smile, trust me, you'll be beaming after you're working with doctor Fred Pack and doctor Megan Fru. She's working on her status for accreditation, so get her fresh perspectives. His decades of experience under one roof and plus the best general dentist you could ever run into. So all things dentistry, you're in the best hands with doctors Peck and Freu. To learn more, go online to pecks Miles dot com, Peck tech Smiles dot com. My whole Family's General Dennis. That's a wonderful clinic and the people there are so very friendly. Five one three six one seventy six sixty six five one three six one seventy six sixty six.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC everybody. Time for the weather.
Speaker 2: We got a high wind advisory kicking in at noon, and we're expecting today rain, heavier rain later this afternoon, and the high winds are probably going to create some damage and they're just predicting it else all over cause of trees coming down. For example, seventy one degrees for the high overnight sixty four with more rain. Got continuous shower or continued showers tomorrow with the highest seventy body showers over night sixty two, and on Sunday showers likely thunderstorm as possible seventy one for the high right out seventy in time for traffic.
Speaker 4: From the uc up Trianphic Center with U see health.
Speaker 5: The future of carey is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patience chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 4: Visit useehealth dot com.
Speaker 5: North Bend seventy five, running close to an extra half hour between buttermilk and an accident before Ezer Charles right Leans block sathbound seventy five. There's a wreck just below Tyler's still backing tramping towards one twenty nine. An accident on seven forty seven, just above two seventy five and eastbound laterals ramp to Ridge Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty one.
Speaker 2: It's some forty two fifty five krcity talk station from the Hudson in steud Brigha mccawan in studio talk about energy policy since he is the senior Fellow on Innovative on I'm sorry, the Innovative on American Energy Security Initiative.
Speaker 1: Rather so I get it out Brigham. It is.
Speaker 2: It is a Friday, but let me pivot. He in a nuclear We talked earlier, just briefly about the idea of reopening one of the reactors at three Mile Island for the purposes of providing Microsoft atdequate electricity for its artificial intelligence center. Other artificial intelligence centers are popping up where they similarly need these energy demands. And so now it seems that it has opened up the door to consideration of nuclear power. Oh lo, and behold, all the time they've been pushing us to rely on a windmill, I'm screaming over here, what about nuclear power? It doesn't produce the carbon that they're so worried about. The new modern nuclear plants are what they call modular, which means one size fits all. It doesn't have to be individually designed and created for any specific location. It's like legos. You just pick a space, pop it down. We can deal with the waste. There's not that much waste overall that comes from nuclear power. I mean, it's it's documented. They had the yucka Mountain thing. They could have stored all the nuclear waste in the entire country for one hundred years and never would have been filled.
Speaker 1: Whatever the stats are, the wakay see you years ago? Tell me I'm wrong? Is anything I said wrong?
Speaker 3: No, you're absolutely right. I eat a national depository and we have one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, moving over our discussion about the reality behind the Green New Deal is that we're too powerful. We need to redistribute our wealth, and we have too much stuff. What about these third world countries? We need to offshore money and develop them. Nuclear power here in the United States would eradicate the ability to bring us to our knees Economically, we would have all the power we want. We could be the most powerful, mighty energy producer on the planet, and we wouldn't be producing a single ounce or molecule of carbon dioxide.
Speaker 1: That's why they don't want it.
Speaker 3: All right, let me give you this is very complicated. Let me give you a very complicated answer.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I've been right all along and in my conclusions. Yeah, and it flies in the face of the reality of what they really want, which is to bring us down.
Speaker 1: It does. And you know, I've got this handy app here.
Speaker 3: I was just looking Germany right now, right now, in Germany, about eighty percent of their electricity.
Speaker 1: Is from.
Speaker 3: Generation at the moment. Let's go next door to France. Uh yeah, they're about sixty percent nuclear.
Speaker 1: Oh, look at this.
Speaker 3: France is ninety nine percent low carbon producing electricity.
Speaker 1: Right now because nuclear.
Speaker 3: It's nuclear, and they have one of the cheapest rates, their citizens enjoy a very cheap electricity. Sure they're more expensive to build on the front end, but these things last a long time.
Speaker 1: Fifty years.
Speaker 3: We can build one hundred year reactor now it's just a matter of updating it. So yeah, uh, you know, I think in retrospect, we've had a couple of things go on. Three Mile Island certainly is something that people remember, and it's not that reactor they're restarting, it's the.
Speaker 1: One next one next to right.
Speaker 2: And then, uh, modern nuclear actors are different than the type they had at Three Mile Island.
Speaker 1: If they're different.
Speaker 3: When somebody says three Mile Island Chernobyl Fukushima, we go, well, yeah, that's like saying I want a nineteen sixty five International Harvester SUV truck thing. It's different today, and they're far safer, they use far less uranium or uranium drive products, and it's really where we ought to be headed. But we have an agency that's supposed to permit nuclear facilities that has spent its entire life as an agency trying not to.
Speaker 1: Permit any exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: And then the environmental lawsuits come in in these last ten years and then they have a change in permitting because somebody in government says no, no, you need to reapply and it starts to process all over again. So from start to finish you look at it almost like two decades to get a nuclear power plant build. That's the administrative state standing in the way.
Speaker 3: It absolutely is in Poland, for example, and in Hungary a couple other places. They're also moving toward nuclear power. In the South Koreans, the Japanese and others are actually getting those contracts because they can actually build a nuclear plant in a couple of years, and we can do the same. And one of the proposals we've looked at at Hudson I'll talk more about this on my next episode of Charged Conversations the podcast is we can license two or three different types of reactors, different sizes, and once they're licensed.
Speaker 1: You just build the same one. That's the point.
Speaker 3: Quit trying to tweak it. You have a license, you build it. But these data centers, Brian can require anywhere from one to five gigawatts gigawatts. This isn't like back to the future. This is real of energy. That could be two to four nuclear plants just to power a five gigawatt facility.
Speaker 2: And if AI is the future and we don't have the energy to power AI facilities, I guess they're going to be in China, then, aren't they. It's the answer for everything. It apparently is one more Briga McGowan, some forty seven talk station and Foreign Exchange there to fix your car for less money. So if they have the ports shut down that this strike goes through, that you might want to hurry up and get your car fixed now because they say there will be a shortage of automobile repair parts. And that's for everybody. I'm just warning you ahead of time because that strike may take place in early October. But moving away from that, get your car fixed for less all things being equal, that's Foreign Exchange. You get a great mechanic asse certified Master technician working on your car. You'll leave with a full warranty on parts and service. You have the confidence of that full warranty and the team at Foreign Exchange standing behind it, and you don't pay as much, sometimes substantially less money compared to the dealer. And that's what Foreign Exchange is all about, delivering on quality service while charging you less, so save money head on up to the Westchester location where I go Tylersville exit right off seventy five, go two streets east. When you get on the Tylersville Road and hang it right on Kingland Drive. You run right into it online. You run into it at foreign xform the letter X dot com. Please tell Austin and the great crew that I said high when you call for an appoyment five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six fifty five car the talk station mark here's your nine first one to wether forecast. So we have a high wind advisory beginning at noon today, rain all day, heavy rain in the afternoon with high winds and some damage. Seventy one for the high overnight low sixty four window tick settle down the rain become spotty. We got continued showers tomorrow with highest seventy spotty showers over night with the lowest sixty two seventy one the high on Sunday with showers likely and thunderstorm as possible seventy.
Speaker 1: Right now traffic time.
Speaker 4: From the UC out Traffic Center with U see health.
Speaker 5: The FU drink hair is happening now through clinical crowns and innovative treatments that give patients and chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 4: Visit useehealth dot com.
Speaker 5: Northbound seventy five is running an extra half hour from Buttermilk to an accident before Zer Charles right side mocked southbound seventy five getting heavy your approaching an accident above Cincinnati Dayton Road that is now banking traffic pasts one twenty nine. That's our rack on seven forty seven above two seventy five Shohn King Ramont fifty five KRCD Talk.
Speaker 2: Station seven fifty fifty five Krcity talk Stations. We'll get some concluding thoughts from Brigham account here in the moment. But first, it is that time of week where we catch ourselves a crimestopper, bad guy the week. Joining a fifty five KRC morning show from the Sincinni Police Office Department, Officer Leeka Lisa Baker, Welcome back in a Happy.
Speaker 6: Friday, Happy Friday, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Are we looking for today?
Speaker 6: We are looking for Melissa Collins. She's wanted for theft and for failure to comply with the officers. Melissa Collins, she's a white female, She's thirty five years old, four foot eleven and one hundred and thirty pounds. She has a history of thefts and drug charges as she frequents Harrison, Ohio.
Speaker 2: Well, if we know where this bad girl might be, we're having a tip that might lead to her and arrest.
Speaker 1: What are we gonna do? Lisa?
Speaker 6: Give crime stoppers a call five one, two thirty forty.
Speaker 2: You'll remain anonymous, You'll be able to for a cash reward if your tip leaves to arrest. You'd be doing us all a huge favor. Her informations and photographs on my blog PAGEVW five krcy dot com. Have a great weekend, Lisa Baker, God bless you and everybody on the insin Police Department pivoty back over Charged Conversations Brigham and I bring him agwn from the Hudson and Who've been talking energy policy all hour. It's fascinating stuff, but honestly, even in an hour's time on the morning show, we're only kind of really scratching the surface of it. Ten thousand foot level. You can listen to Charged Conversation Brigham's week podcast.
Speaker 1: How often you do?
Speaker 2: The new podcast episodes every other week every other week, So just search for it where we get your podcasts, charge conversations and learn a lot more. And if you were hearing Brigham, he was talking about this app he has on his phone. What is it?
Speaker 1: What is that app called? Again?
Speaker 2: Because it's fascinating. I mean, you can look at the globe, how much people are paying, how much carbon production there is, what type of energy is being generated in any given country, even on a state by state level here in the United States.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's certain.
Speaker 3: What you call electricity maps And I just learned about it a week ago, so I'm still trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: But just one word electricitymaps dot com that it. It's well, it's an app, So you go to your app store.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, fire it up. But I do think you can go to the website too and electricity map. Yeah, check it out. It's got a lot of good information. You can become informed about where your energy.
Speaker 2: Comes from well, and just be aware of the backcrop insanity going on in Europe. Germany cutting its own throat. And you know when you talk about manufacturing leaving Germany of the entire European Union, Germany was the powerhouse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you can take almost every other EU country and combine it in at equalled Germany. But Germany has lost a lot of ground. And you know we have Europeans saying Germany's on its way to becoming an open air museum. Oh that's heartbreaking, it really is, because they used to have their act together more.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, when you mentioned manufacturing, the first thing that would pop in anybody who has any sense of understanding about the quality. Yeah, Germany was always number one in terms of quality. Yes, German parts always costed more, but they had superior quality, superior engineering, and I just we just can't count on that anymore.
Speaker 1: It's really frustrating.
Speaker 3: Even the trains don't run on time now, which is which is really if you're a German you've been to Germany, that is like the ultimate insult that the Deutsche Bahn doesn't work correctly.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you and I both really do know what's going on. It's global communism, Marxism, socialism, called it, whatever label you want. Their control over us, depriving us of what we need to be more comfortable, happier and more productive and wealthier. That's a no no among those circles. Briga mccawam. We'll be talking again soon. I hope I'll be a wonderful weekend. And thanks for spending time in studio with my listeners and me today, Folks, stick around After the top of the Air news. Author Tim Rivers he's going to return. He was on the show in January to talk about his book American Goulag. We have some updates to go over with Tim after the top of the Air news. Hope you can stick around.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with German people thanking?
Speaker 2: Sure them there they can change your cards the twenty twenty four election, It doesn't matter. This is done on
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC, the talk station this week