Speaker 1: Five o five. I think you've got k r C the talk station happen Monday. Will vation no idea what's falling? Yeah, you know it's kind of what this protesters at the Tesla dealership sort of conveyed by way of motivation for why they were there. I have no idea. So many videos that people and you know, ask them a question, well, what do you protest them? What do you protests? They never ever go to anything specific. They're just like must bad man bad Anyhow, we'll have plenty of talk about on that one this morning. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Brian Thomas inviting phone calls as I always do. If I went three seven four, nine hundred eight two to three, talk go with Tom five to fifty. If you have an AT and T found Christopher Smithman coming up at seven twenty. Same as the always. They're same as always as the case on a Monday, former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati with a smith event. Monday Monday. Brian James returns eight oh five. Apparently people have the wit scared out of him, worried about a stock market crash. Fifty one percent fright of a crash Wow, just go back and look at history. After the stock market crash in the end of the twenties, Oh my god, big third of the people in the United States unemployed. Just terrible, terrible situation. So especially at a time when our fiat currency is teetering on the brink of self destruction or immolation or whatever. Yeah, the thirty six trillion dollars in growing debt, somebody's gonna have to do something about that. And a lot of the young people, really I think, coming around to the more conservative side of the Ledger for that reason alone. They look at it and they say, look what you guys did to us. Government is too damn big. It spends too much money, and it can live within its means, mean logic and reason. That is a reasonable logical thing to presume and assume and can conclude. So anyway, we'll find out about the stock market potential crash, how tariffs affect the car buying process, futures drop among tariff fears. And finally one more with Brian James. People are adding to their rainy day fund, which I suppose is a good thing to do. Empower you, Iram Melmann's going to empower you Summar we're talking about borders and immigration. That'll be at eight forty and reminder fifty five care Sea dot com. When you can't listen live, check out the podcast page get the information right there. They got the information about Honor Flight. Hope you made it to the fiftieth anniversary tribute to the Vietnam War veterans over the weekend. It was nice talking about that Heart for Seniors with the Cunningham sisters. Just a couple of lovely young ladies. Inspirational they are, and I hope you were a had an opportunity to give a few dollars to the Heart for Seniors group. What they're just trying to do is improve people's living conditions in long term care facilities. Got some horrific conditions with seniors laying in their own well filth, just impossible to stay up on top of it. Well, they've got a solution. It's the simple one. There's electronic device and it lets the people there know exactly when someone is in need of a change, which prevents all kinds of horrific conditions and just quality of life issues for those seniors. So it's a good organization to help out and they were so appreciative of my listeners for donating and contributing that they've been able to expand in multiple facilities and they're hoping to just really take this thing all over the state. And I wish them all the luck in the world with that. So and if you donate, the beautiful Cunningham sisters will come and sing for a senior in your world, maybe a healthcare professional in your world. And trust me, they are very, very talented singers. So if you don't believe me, just go to the podcast and listen to it, because they did a short number at the end of the end of the interview. Again I heard media app is right there for you when you head on over there. You can listen to the content wherever you happen to be really nice app So a couple of things here. One of hermind folks that we're gonna be at Barley Korn's Wilder, Kentucky location this Wednesday for listener lunch. And I say that with a certain degree of sadness. It's not because I don't want to go to Barley Corns. It's not because I don't like listening to lunch. But anybody who's been to listener Lunch, may recall, and she used to call into the morning show my blind friend Barbara Lisniewski, and I found out this morning Johnny Benstein who regularly went to listener to Lunch as well. Anyhow, she passed away. So apparently she was moved from her nursing home into the university hospital, apparently with a bowel instruction. Somehow that resulted in her death. So sad because we lost Johnny, and I guess his wife still operating his Facebook account. That's quite a few listeners over the years, isn't it, Joe, remember quite a few. It's always a really really sad thing. I remember Patty so well, and wasn't it the Chef? And that was Mark the chef? Joe and of course Bob from Oakley. So it's my nineteenth year in radio. Made a lot of friends and of course made a lot of friends at listening to Lunch and Barb love coming to listen to Lunch. And I was always impressed with Barb and her ability to get out and about. She would take that bus they have that that the bus that helps disable people get around. She'd arrange for that show up on her own. Some game toward the end there she'd need some assistance, and of course some the van Stein's helped her get around. Other people would pick her up, but she just was always in such a bubbly happy mood at listener lunch. So I'm just just a little bit sad this morning, obviously to learn of her passing, and I knew her health was deteriorating, but to find out that she is gone kind of hitching that soft spot, if you know what I mean. Anyhow, and other rather tragic news. That Minimar earthquake was just insane. You know, with modern social media and everybody's got a cell phone, everbody's taking video, you really do get it. Just an amazing sort of firsthand like experience. These giant skyscrapers wobbling back and forth, the video of the buildings collapsing, it's just it what looks like a wasteland. Minimar's military hunter has said at least as of late yesterday, at least twenty twenty eight people have been confirmed at thirty four hundred plus injured. But it gets worse than that. They expected death counts to rise sharply because well, you've got basically what amounts to seventy two hours that you have to live if you are trapped in rubble. Of course you need water, you need food, and of course you probably need medical attention. So as the hours take away and they're trying to get through all that rubble with very little heavy equipment, they're expecting the death cult to actually jump to above ten thousand. Early modeling from the US Geological Survey suggests the number of earthquake deaths and minim our heart lends could rise above ten thousand, and that the economic losses might surpass the value of the country's gross domestic product. This is what you call a true Charlie foxtrot. So people are going through the rubble, they say, you know, they don't have any heavy equipment. As I mentioned, They've got flip flops on and light clothes. They don't have anything by way of protection, you know, breathing protection. Been reports of the stench of death now just everywhere in the air. Teams from Thailand, China, India, Russia and United Nations are there, but because of the damaged infrastructure and hubbled communications, it slow their arrival and of course it makes it difficult to coordinate actions and activities. AID workers in Mandalay said thousands of residents were sleeping out in the open, lacked everything from water to food and other essentials. The city has been without electricity since the earthquakes hit, which obviously again impacts communications and efforts to coordinate the relief efforts and the search efforts. Of the videos that first came out, it was the swimming pools on top of these high rises. And while the high rises themselves in clouds, obviously a lot of damage done to them, but the slashing of the water was gushing over the side of these buildings, and I just wow, I just get a really unsettled feeling when I think I've been in the Sears Tower and you can actually feel that building move in high winds, and that just freaks the hell of me. You know, you wonder how well it is designed. But when he hit a seven point seven magnitude quake and you see those buildings moving, you know, literally feet swaying back and forth, and again many of them just collapsing down on top of it, killing lots of people. That just freaks me out just thinking about it. So Tremer is apparently so forceful that they were felt more than six hundred miles away in the tie capital of Bangkok, where a thirty story office tower that was still under construction. It collapsed while dozens of workers were inside, they said. Local media said seventeen people were confirmed dead in Bangkok, most of them pulled from the wreckage of that collapsed high rise, and they were still searching for around eighty mission construction workers so far and why the damage was in that one so anyhow, prayers. I can only imagine that, like Matthew twenty five is going to maybe organize some relief efforts. It's my favorite go to charity if you want to help make sure that money actually gets in the hands or the food that donated to the supply. There's no overhead. If you give a buck, a buck ends up where you want it to go. Matthew twenty five, M two five. I think it's M twenty five m dot org online, but I can see M twenty five m dot or. I want to make sure that's the right. One silence is deafening, yeah, M twenty five, m dot org. So they're still doing real efforts for the tornado, and I don't know if they're going to be They usually do so I'm just throwing it out there and if there's a way you can help out. I don't know how the money ends up getting all the way to Minimar, and of course they've been in a state of absolute political disarray because of that Junta. Twenty twenty one is when that happens. So anyway, tragedy absolutely so thank God for the moment you have them. Spend them with your loved ones. Appreciate those moments in time, because well, bad things can happen on a moment's notice. It's bout fifteen right now at five KRCD talk station. Feel free to coll ive. Got something you want to talk about? JFK coming for your soft drinks. Got some people angry? I think it's a great idea. Anyway, there's a whole lot going on this morning. I hope you can stick around of it.
Speaker 2: Right back fifty five KRC Prohibition.
Speaker 3: It's someone marked down on your calendar.
Speaker 1: Next Tuesday, price sal chili be getting at five pm, last up until seven pm at the Corey Bowman Early Voting kickoff party. West Side. Jim Keefer asked that I remind folks about that, So there you go, west Side. Jim Keefer happy to do that. I'll try to make a shout out throughout the morning. Put it on your calendar again next Tuesday, and I'll here and I think about that Vietnam Memorial fiftieth anniversary over the weekend. Eric Mark on my friend reaching out to everyone in the greater Cincinnati area. Eric, I appreciate you posting this. He was doing the laundry at the Spotless car Washing laundry manager came in for his daily clean up. He said, well, while we were talking, he pointed out this shadow box that was sitting on top of one of the fixtures in the laundromat, and I noticed it before but hadn't registered with me. He mentioned that it was tossed into one of the trash cans next to one of the vehicle base. He said, I'm not sure why anyone would throw out one of these out, but if it was a mistake, he wants to get it back in the hands of those who might care. Wasn't able to find this Vietnam veteran, but if you know a veteran named John O. Moser passed away in twenty seventeen. He born in nineteen forty passed away in twenty seventeen, obviously served his country. There's the military flag box, shadow box with the flag in it. It's at that laundry in Addison. So John O. Moser. Moser passed in twenty seventeen. That's a shame that that thing got thrown away. Anyhow, moving away from that, got a kick out of this. Robert F. Kennedy Junior Make America Healthy Again campaigns over West Virginia. There with Republican Governor Patrick Morrissey, who he told he was going to put on a carnivore diet to make him lose thirty pounds and he could use it, but anyway. For his part, the Republican governor said he was going to seek permission from the Department of Agriculture to put soda on the list of items that you can't buy with the SNAP program. He said taxpayer dollars should be targeted toward nutritious food. Of course, Kennedy agree with them wholeheartedly. There's one thing we can all agree on. It should be eliminating taxpayer funded soda subsidies for lower income kids. I look forward to inviting every governor who submits a waiver to come to celebrate with me. At the White House this fall. Huh, Now, why would you be against that those things are chock full of tons of sugar? Look at your labels and then just they tell you what for every teaspoon that's in there, go ahead and put it into a little bowl, and it can be mind blowing how much sugar is in there. Cause of diabetes, it contributes to obesity. Of course, it's just a terrible em there's no good nutrition in there. Valerie in Bruce, director of the Center for Environmental and Society at Washington College or environment in Society, disagrees with this. Controlling how the poor eat is a paternalistic response to a problem that is not based on snap recipients inability to make good decisions about healthy food. It's a problem of the price differential in choosing healthy or junk foods. Soda and candy are much cheaper and more calorie dense than one hundred percent fruit juices or prebiotic, non artificially sweetened carbonated beverages. And here's an interesting fun fact. She threw it at the tail end of this argument. Thanks to price supports and subsidies by the federal government to support a US sugar industry. Well, you know what they shouldn't be subsidized in the US sugar industry, the subsidies corn subsidies. Generally speaking, I don't think we should be forced to burn corn in our gas tanks, and yet there's a subsidy for that too, So let's just stop that. No, we're tariff and everything else. Why not just get rid of the subsidies for sugar. Maybe we'd use less of it, but you know, you can drink water right there, it is the tap. And then we turn over to Meredith Potter, Senior vice president the American Beverage Association. Now where do you think they come down on this one? The industry's leading lobby group quote, what's unhelpful about this whole conversation is that soda is not driving obesity. We become this easy punching bag. Well, for the reasons I just pointed out. You're an easy punching bag because of zero nutritional value. It's packed full of tons of calories and sugar, which is bad for you. Cancer loves sugar too. By the way, I know I've made that point many times, but I do the research for yourself. You don't have to trust me. I'm not a doctor. I don't play one on radio. Maybe it isn't driving obesie. It's a variety of factors and conditions driving obesie. But it is a contributing factor. If you're drinking twelve Mountain dews a day, that's going to cause you some health problems. Seth Defestano of the leftist West Virginia Center on Budget and Policies that a ban on Snap paying for soda could force shoppers out of the state and lead to store closures. Are you telling me the vast majority of profit margins and grocery stores is driven by soft drink purchases, soda purchases, And if so, we need to have a come to Jesus meeting, a wake up that perhaps we're all drinking too much damn soda. Apparently, as of right now, one of the senior White House advisers said about fifteen or governors are currently talking with RFK Junior about removing Sonda soda from the Snap benefits CALLI means that advisor, we're not seeing anyone can't drink coke. We're saying no government subsidies for coke. Right, I listen, if you take money from the federal government. In regardless of which form, it always comes with strings attached. Held. The drinking age here in Ohio would still be nineteen for beer if the federal government didn't put twenty one age drinking on the federal funds. Change your drinking laws, or you can't have money. This is what happens all the time. Donald Trump is using the federal funding leverage to change policies and states all over this country on the heels of Joe Biden doing the same damn thing. Sadly, it's how the government works. That's why I always upset. If they take the money from your pocket and it goes to DC, you're never gonna see it back unless it comes with a whole bunch of strings attached. Set five twenty six. If you five care, see the talk station got local stories coming up. Railroad money. Who's going to be paying that six hundred million dollars as a litigation started a day over that one, that Norfolk SA derailment. I'll be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: It is five point thirty Happy Monday. Figures five one, three, seven, nine, fifty five eight hundred two three Taco with town five fifty on at and T found Norfolk Southern suing another couple of companies to see if they can get them to pay for the six hundred million dollar class action settlement, at least pay for part of it. Remember the train d railment from back in two thousand and three, who could for twenty twenty three? Who could forget it? Apparently, starting trial today they want to force the railcar owner GATX and the manufacturer oxy vinyls which was the chemical that was released or they manufactured the chemical that was released and poluded the entire town lossuit won't change anything about how much the money the residents received. This is just who's going to pay pay what portion of the share of the six hundred million dollar class action settlement. So they've been down this road before. They already lost a similar lawsuit when they tried to force GATX and oxy Vina to help pay for the iron mental cleanup, which apparently cost Norfolks so other than one billion dollars. So they're trying to make the same argument that they need help paying for this class action lawsuit. Accord to the statement from the Railroad, Norfolk Southern alone has paid the cost related to the derailment, despite ample evidence that other parties share the responsibility. The trials about reinforcing the role shippers and railcar owners play in transportation safety and ensuring everyone responsible pays their fast share. They claimed GATX is responsible for the derailment because of the railcar that was filled with plastic pellets that caused the derailment when it's bearing overheated. Norfolk Southern also says oxy Vinyl should pay because the railroad said the chemical manufacturer provided inconsistent and inaccurate information about the vinyl chloride before the officials decided to release and burn it, which turned out to be the really stupid thing to do. Both GATX and oxy Vinyl said it will be ridiculous to hold them responsible because Norfolk Southern operated and inspected the train and all the cars and was responsible for delivering everything safely. GATX said it comply with all relevant regulations for taking care of its railcars. They said, even if the car was damaged six years earlier by sitting in a middle of floodwaters from Hurricane Harvey, the railroad should have spotted the problem and repaired it. NTSB said the crash was caused by the failure that overheating bearing on gatx's railcar. Censor spotted the bearings starting to heat up miles before the derailment, but it didn't reach a critical temperature and trigger an alarm until just before the car derailed, little time to stop the train. Then, Norfolk Southern is the one that recommended the event and burn operation to let the vinyl chloride be released into the air and pollute the entire environment, based partly on information about the chemical that oxy vinyls had published beforehand, suggesting a chemical reaction could happen and cause the tank to explode. However, the NTSB confirmed in and it's investigation that was unnecessary to release all that crap into the air because the tanks were starting to cool off, and the railroad failed to listen to the advice from oxy vinals experts or share their opinions with the officials who made the decision, which is probably why they ended up settling the class action lawsuit over to Kentucky. Last Thursday, Kentucky lawmakers overrode Governor Andy Basher's veto of House Bill four ninety five. The bill removes Medicaid coverage of gender affirming care, and the gates the governor's prior executive order to ban conversion therapy. There you go, see, well, congratulations on rover ride. The Veto Immigration Customs Enforcement agents arrested two people working at a construction side of the Butler County jail this week, according to the sheriff's announcement. Butler County Scheff Richard Jones said via social media the two subcontractors were arrested by ICE officials. Workers arrested after deputies reviewed their identification cards, which included driver's license asport social Security guard, before they entered the jailer's construction site. Sheriff Jones said that because the work site is a secure jail area, everyone who enters much show proper id corn to the press release, upon further review of the documents, it was determined that the two workers were in fact illegal aliens. An ICE age and conducted the interviews with the two individuals, who admitted that they were in the United States illegally. Construction company that hired the two subcontractors believe their documents were authentic. According to Sheriff Jones, he is warning employers to be cautious. All right, let's see here one more. In response to dun High School closing before the end of the semester, since I Public School said it's holding a special enrollment hours for students affected, they abruptly announced their closure on Friday, with the final day of operation March thirty. First today comes out. They previously said they would close in June because of financial troubles. Cour to CPS Superintendent Seanna Murphy, since the public schools is an open enrollment district and it's just so happens, open enrollment is the month of April, so starting on Monday, they would have been able to start here with us, even if they are outside our city limits. Done apparently had programs for adult learners and career and technical education students. CPS Superintendent Murphy said since at Public Schools offers similar programs with flexible schedules and virtual learning, so we're here for our kids. The driver for me today is there are young people six hundred plus who don't know what their options are, and we want to provide clarity about those options. Five point thirty five Here fifty five care c DE talk station, Get to a stack of stupid Got a pretty substantial stack of stupid this morning. But if you prefer calling, feel free to do that. Another thing you can do is make a phone call a schedule appointment with QC Kinetics for those struggling with pain, living with chronic joint pains like trying to get comfortable on a cactus sofa. Doesn't feel good any way you move. You're feeling that pain. You can't do things things you enjoy to do. Golfing, hiking, play played pickleball. People do that all the time these days. So medical pros a QC Kinetics right here in Cincinnati focused on getting you the relief that you need. Calm that debilitating joint pain in your knees, hip, shoulders, and back and don't miss it be with no surgery and no long recovery time and all the pt that goes along with surgery, and maybe I'll give your life back. Is it a good option for you, well, thank you, no more harmful meds. It's an in office procedure, there's no downtime, and it's worked for tens of thousands of people, So why not take them up on their free consultation to find out if this is something that can work for you again free five on three eight four seven zero zero one nine. Five on three eight four seven zero zero one nine. What's more five on three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Thinking about buying your first home.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored by true grad.
Speaker 1: We're back in the Miller's yard. Who it is True Green. The alan started looking like a golf course, and PGA to a golf has made at that favorite stock.
Speaker 6: Get a PGA Tour quality lawn for as little as a dollar a day at truegreen dot com. Exclusions apply see true green dot com for details.
Speaker 1: Channel nine, first one and onelve forecasts so you have a dry date at anyway, It's nice overcast skys fifty four for the high, clouds decrease overnight, thirty five for the low, mostly sunny, dry day to marvel the high on fifty six, a few clouds every night, down to forty six. Former windy on Wednesday and high of seventy seven. They're expecting more rain I think on Thursday.
Speaker 7: Sixty degrees. Right now, it's out for first traffic from the UC up Tranthic Center. Nolet injuries slow you down. The UC help orthopedic sands sports medicine experts can help keep you moving.
Speaker 1: Schedule the same day.
Speaker 7: Appointment at U See how dot com highway traffic doing fine early on this Monday morning with no accidents or problems to deal with wet roads left over from last night's rain. Outside of Lebanon, one three is plocked off heart Green Tree due to power lines down from the storms. Chuck Ingram Hunt fifty five KRC the talk station five forty one fifty five kr CED talk station. It's that time stack a stupid Portland orgon.
Speaker 1: Got a guy who living in Portland, Oregon neighborhood wondering who is putting gallons that's plural of urine into his recycling bin and why that person is doing it. There's no flag for us. Alex van Dune said the problem started in the September when he noticed his recycling bin had not been collected. So I went to open the blue bin and lo and behold there was a nice deposit of gallon sized bottles of urine, to put it plainly, and there were six of them. Recycling horror wouldn't take the bin's context because it's a biohazard had been placed in the garbage bin it probably would have been collected. Apparently, the mystery man didn't stop and kept dropping off bottles of urine in the bin. Eventually Van don stopped putting his bins out of the curveball together, hoping the man would quit, and he did. Buddy moved on to using a neighbor's garbage bin instead. Van Dune said, I don't know why he's hitting the same location so many times. It doesn't make sense to me and why he's doing it. He has captured surveillance video of the man showing up to his house, getting out of his car, placing the bottles of urine in the recycling bin. Unfortunately, the videos are too grainy to tell who the guy is. He's also shared his ordeal on the next door app where neighbors have flooded the post with theories as to the reason behind it all, multiple theories floating around. Van Dunn, for his part, doesn't have any ideas filed a police report, is trying to get the man's license plate.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: He says he has a message for the mystery man and maybe he's watching. I don't know. Please stop, Please just don't do it anymore. He pled he did joke. It's a lot of pea. I mean, this guy's really pissing me off, but I'm Bob. Man and a woman ran a foul of the law when they were caught having sex on a grave at a local cemetery, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Trooper with a canine stopped to give the dog a rest break around four pm Thursday near the Wild Cow Prairie Cemetery off I seventy five near Webster in Sumter County. This according to rest report from the Florida Highway Patrol. Troopers spotted a white Nissan parked in front of the cemetery with the windows down, no one in the immediate area. Troopers who were also president observed a white male and female at the rear of the cemetery engaged in sexual activity a top of an unknown grave. Forty three troopers approached a couple who went back to the vehicle to obtain clothing. Search of the vehicle turned up a purse which belonged to the woman identified as forty six year old Stephanie Wegman of Webster. Purse contained two bottles, one with thirteen alprazolam pills, the other with twenty traditions twenty oxy cota on pills. She does have a prior criminal's history, and surprising no one, she did not have a prescription for either of the medications. Arrested in metel drug charges, booked out without bond the Sumter kind of detention center. The man who apparently had suffered a leg injury taken a dad hospital support indicated a warrant will be sought for his arrest. There or at least eight veterans and nineteenth century county commissioners buried at the Wild Cow Prairie Cemetery. That's what makes it a historic site. And I will I will go on to note, yeah, I you ever seen the faces of a meth website. They show it someone looks Yeah, they show what someone looks like before they got on meth amphetamine, and then fast forward a few years after using meth regularly and it looks as if they got run over by a Norfolk Southern train. Well, this is the after picture us it podcare. See if you talk station plumb tight plumbing. Glad to have plumb type back on wonderful plumbing. They do such great work. Plump type plumbing seven two seven Tight seven two seven eighty four eighty three is how you reached the plumbers at plumb Tight A plus with a better business bureau. They've worked on so many projects at my house and they've always done great work. Exceptional customer service from actual license plumbers who will take great care of your home and do the work fair and ethically. That's fair and ethical pricing, and never try to say anything you do not need big plumbing problems, small plumbing problems. I had a leaky toilet about a couple months ago. Plump Tight came over, fixed that thing in no time, a couple of the UH I guess it was just kind of corroded a little bit. It was the slowest leak ever and we couldn't figure it out anyway. They fixed it for us. Price was great, job was quickly done, and just a really pleasant plumber that worked on it. That's just what you're gonna get. So for all your residential plumbing needs, get nutch with my friends at plump tight. Find them on line plumb tight, t I t E, plump tight dot com again the phone overs five one three seven two seven tight at seven two seven eighty four eighty three.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC probabi.
Speaker 1: By fifty fifty about KRC detalk station Money Monday at Brian James eight o five Christopher Smithman at seven twenty and UH time to talk about pretty much whatever you want if you want to call five one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three. We'll get to some of these protests over the next hour. He's everything else in the mind that was sort of coming unglued as a society. Anyhow, over back to the stack of STUVID, we got a Northern Kentucky defense attorney, Chase Cox, sentenced last year for breaking into his ex girlfriend apartment, pleaded with a judge presiding of his case not to send him to jail. Cox told Campbell County Circuit Court Judge Julie Reinhardt Ward at the time, I will show you that I can be successful in the community, because I know I can. Eight days after Cox was released from jail last August with his six months sentence suspended in favor of probation, his ex girlfriend reported that her vehicle was vandalized while it was parked in the garage for apartment complex.
Speaker 8: YEP.
Speaker 1: After months long investigation by the Newport Police Department. Cox indicted in December on charges related to the vandalism, including complicity to criminal mischief and retaliating against a participant in illegal process. Idiot's doing. Idiot because it is most assuredly, prosecutors now say, with the Kentucky Attorney General's officers seeking to revoke the thirty one year old Cox's probation and send him back to jail. It was the morning of August. Morning of August twenty third, last Cox's ex our friend went to the parking guys to get inside the car. She noticed a racial slur and another profanity scratched into the paint job, and both front tires popped and deflated. Woman testified against Cox in her trial last year, leading to his conviction on misdemeanor criminal trespass and criminal mischief charges, and she told police that Cox was likely behind the damage. Said she saw a friend of Cox's, thirty eight year old Joshua Baker, entered the apartment complex shortly after she arrived home, but didn't approach him. Investigators say Baker entered the building using access code belonging to another of Cox's friends who lives there. Surveillance video they got that showed Baker was in the apartment complex about ten minutes before he went through the side door and driving away toward Cox's home. When identified Baker in a photo lineup, told police he'd previously seen him at Cox's apartment. Cox had referred Baker to as his felon friend. Baker, likewise says criminal charges in connection with the vandalism. Baker has an extensive criminal history, according to court records, including prior convictions for drug trafficking, identity theft, and burglary. Also facing charges he is in Kenton County Circuit cor Court related to a home invasion and subsequent high speed chase in which he allegedly wedged himself underneath the Brent Spence Bridge. Police described it as an effort to escape custody. Now for his part of the attorney Cox represented Baker in a twenty twenty one identity theft case, and the attorney's father, Darryl Cox, currently representing Baker in an ongoing Kenton County case. Cox's ex girlfriend also told police Baker was a former client of his. They got a search warre for Cox's phone found that he was sent a photo of the woman's parking garl taken by the driver of a vehicle, maxing the description of the vehicle. Baker drove photos sent minutes before Baker was seen entering the building, and the pair also exchanged calls and text messages, with Baker towing Cox in a text to quote call in a sec get money ready. Cox was apparently on home incarceration with an ankle monitor when the incident occurred. Prosecutor say Cox commissioned Baker to vanalyze the woman's car in retaliation for her testimony in his earlier criminal trial.
Speaker 2: Are we not saying phrasing anymore?
Speaker 1: Apparently not tempted? Burglary thwarted at a Texas car dealership after a man called nine to one one to report that he'd been injured while breaking in. Tyler Police Department, said Jeremiah mcgallan after receiving a call from him, they had injured himself while trying to break into the Patterson Dodge dealership. Police say the call came around in a quarter to four in the morning from mcgallan, who claimed he had just broken into the dealership and needed help. Public information officer in the Airbas speaking with Fox News He said he had broken into the Peterson Dodge dealership and an attempted to steal a car, but was unable to get out of the building. He had cuts from breaking a window at the dealership and crawling through it.
Speaker 9: Are you stupid?
Speaker 1: Her ball said. Mcgallan said he was trying to steal a car by throwing a rock through the window to gain entry to the building, and that's when he cut himself. Said Unfortunately for him, there were several unlocked doors he could have used to get out. After twenty six years here the truth is stranger then fiction. Official from the dealership speaking with local news the only damage of the business was the window that he shattered when he threw the rock to get inside. The only thing he has managed to steal was candy from the desk of a salesperson. He was taken to the hospital, later transport transported to Smith County Jail, where he was arrested for burglary of a building.
Speaker 10: Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 1: No, they didn't say what kind of candy he stole. Jail like guarantee it wasn't on our RFK Junior's list of approved food items. Coming up with five efty six eighty five KR see the dog station play to talk about coming up after the news. I sure hope he can stick around and be right back.
Speaker 2: Covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 10: Every day America's deadline is over.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC, the talk station best approaching six or six fifty five krc de talk station Happy Monday, try to make it so anyway, sticking around for a little more than an hour, you'll get to hear from the former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smithman, with what we call the smith Vent every Monday at seven twenty in the Return of Brian James. Monday Monday is Brian James, Paple are freaked out fifty one percent scared of a stock market crash. You think about the realities of what would happen in a literal crash like was in the late twenties. It's just it's frightening stuff. And I hope that Brian James offers us a little uh solace and comfort that no, don't be that wik dot, It's not gonna happen. Lord knows what's going to happen these days. How terrifts are affecting the car buying process. Topic number two. Topic number three futures drop among tariff fears. And finally, people are adding to their rainy day fund, which I think he'll probably say is a really good idea. Fast forward to eight forty, Ira Melman joins a program to talk about borders and immigration. That's the subject of an empower Use seminar that Ira is putting on. We'll get a little insight into what he'll talk about for the empower Use seminar. I remember empower You America dot Org. All kinds of great learning opportunities there and some really terrific, terrific classes. Phone over here if you like to call. I'd love to hear from you. Five one, three, seven, four nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight to two three talk go town five fifty on AT and T phones. And as I mentioned earlier, we have a listener lunch going to bar Barley Corns Wilder Location, Wilder, Kentucky. And it is with great sadness I know many of my listeners who have been to listener to lunch. Remember blind Barbara are my blind friend Barbara Liznwski and I did mention this in the last hour, and I just learned this morning that she has passed away. So she was in a nursing home and had to be taking to University Hospital because of a bowel obstruction which ultimately led to her demise. So wonderful lady, truly inspirational and a woman of faith she was. She's sang in her church choir up till almost that the very end when her health deteriorated, but just loved coming to listener to lunch and she would call in from time to time as well. So it's sad when I look back and think of the listeners that we've lost over the years, and just using that as an excuse to remind folks spend time with your loved ones. You never know. World's an imperfect place, and it's a dangerous place too. Going back to my review of the facts in that Minimar earthquake, Lord Almighty, more than two thousand dead already, and they're fully expecting more than ten thousand people to perish as a consequence, and just slow going is hand picking through the rubble. They don't have electricity, they don't have resources, and the damages expected to be more than their entire gross national product. So not exactly a wealthy area, but boy, just toots and prayers. You know, the world's in a perfect place. And YouTube maybe kit with an earthquake or a tornado or wildfires. Anyway, let's see here. I guess I was looking at these Did you feel like you accomplished anything? These these Tesla protests? Did it make you feel better? So over the weekend you had this organized day of protests for against Tesla's, the Tesla Takedown protest. It was kind of a this a group called Action Network. They published an interactive map online sharing the protest times and locations, and another website. They proclaim Elon Musk is destroying our democracy and he's using the fortune he built at Tesla to do it. In what way is he destroying democracy? Lots of signs saying Elon Musk is a Nazi fascist. Elon Musk, I mean, if anything, he's the antithesis of that. Fascism is the control of the means of production. Right, you have a business, the government tells you how you have to run it. Yes, it's your private business, but you have really literally knows say over how. That's kind of the system of government we live in under democrats and all the rules and regulations they heap down upon us. And it's not just democrats, mind you. Elon Musk is the guy who's trying to pair that back, trying to get rid of some of the stupid things that we pay for and a lot of And I think this is driven in large part these leftist organizations. They are organizing the useful idiots of the world who apparently are easily duped by a meme online which merely proclaims Elon Musk is a Nazi fascist. Really, and that's enough to convince you to go stand outside of a Tesla dealership or otherwise commit acts of vandalism because someone said it, even though definitionally speaking, it's the most farthest thing from accuracy you could ever run across. And look at some of the videos when people get interviewed, they you know, why are you here, why are you protesting Tesla? I hey have fact is Well wait a second. I saw one woman was asked about that and they said, what evidence do you have that he's a bad guy. Well, it's on the line, just go google it. And so she was very the woman interviewer was very kindly. You know kind to her. She wasn't being you know, in her face or yelling at her, just simply asking in a very nice tone of voice. Well, no, you tell me why you have a problem with Elon Musk. I don't have to do that. You can look it up for yourself. Oh well that's persuasive, isn't it. You got a seven year old Christopher Talbot arrested after allegedly striking a counter demonstrator to Tesla takedown protests near a Tesla dealership. This is a Meridian, Britian Police Department. Talot hit a forty nine year old man after making an obscene gesture toward him. So violence, huh? You know, And as I look over all the reporting on this, you know, mostly peaceful protest. Do you remember hearing that, you know, the fires raging in the back at anti fire, Black Lives Matter, it's more largely peaceful protest. But you know there's acts of violence all across just because Tesla. That's why Elon Musk. That why, And you can't get your head around why they're there except that these left wing organizations are stirring the pot and telling you you need to be there because well I think it's because they're funding source is going to be dried up. If Elon Must continues to go after things like US eight and all the money that flows out of the United States government into the world and then back into the pockets of these left wing organizations, they may have a funding problem. And it's been widely reported that it's they're calling this astro turf that many of the people that show up at these protests are getting paid to do it. Surprising coordination of the quit time, it was reported in several of them. You know, they all got up and left right at noon. I guess that's when the clock was over. It was time to punch out. You need to be here between eight and noon and you'll get however much money? Is that a real grassroots protest? Is they are? They really genuinely there because their belief systems and because they think Elon's doing something bad. And we even moving away from the somewhat conspiratorial sounding thing that these left winging organizations are organizing this, you know what vest interest does someone have to stand outside and protest Tesla the automobile or even protest Elon Musk and his efforts to ferret out fraud, waste, and abuse. Does that person really think it's a good idea to have hundreds of thousands of people that reportedly are over the age of one hundred and twenty with active Social Security numbers on the Social Security ranks. Aren't you worried that social Security is going to collapse under its own weight because it is, And isn't that something that's done that has step at getting those rolls off or getting those ranks cleared up is something that will help preserve it to some degree. Anyway, if you leave them open and on there, someone might be able to use them and draw benefits from socials security. And I'm not saying that that's happened widespread. They're still looking into it. But if you're really on the side of wanting to keep Social Security intact, then you've got to appreciate what Elon Musk has done. Do these people outside the Tesla dealerships and screaming to people that owning Tesla's do they think it's a great idea to spend twenty million dollars for same street in Iran or wherever that was, or all of the other crazy programs that USA funded. Do they have a vested interest in those programs. I find it impossibly that they do ask him about one specific program. Okay, so you're protesting about do you have any problem with him eradicating like pill in the blank, tester him on that. You know, go down the list of all the crazy stuff that we've learned because one man put pen to paper and got some group of people around him that are good at finding this kind of crap and tried to put an end to it. But overall, when you step back from all this, you see a lot of violence. And for years under the Biden administration, another the Obama administration, and you know, even all those squeaky wheels in the Trump administration during the first term, where were the big concerns expressed by our government entities, the Department of Justice and others. It was white right wing extremists. It was racist out in the world. They represented the biggest challenge and problem to American law enforcement. Meanwhile, all around him, it's all these left wing organizations are the ones that are committing act of violence and burning buildings down, the ones that are throwing paint over monuments, the ones that are throwing paint on artwork. Destructive. Yes, property damage, yes, sometimes violence. It's all coming from the left side of the ledger. And what are they offering you? You have more and more articles coming out about the Democrats just sort of beside themselves and disbelieve because they don't know where to go. They don't know what their brand is. The brand right now is just scream out loud, angry, loud noise, loud noise, loud noise, and then stick the word Trump or musk in there. And that's what you stand for right now, that's it or bizarre stuff that nobody in America wants. Men aren't women, Women aren't men. And that's a hill the left is gonna die on when poll after poll after poll after poll reflects that the American population is sane and follows medicine and science in the sense that you know it's a chromosomal difference. Are you packed with this type of gear or that type of gear? It seems to be determined above your gender, and just by denying it and saying to the other gender, we are not going to accept it and go along with you because we know that's not right. That's what the Democrat Party stands for. Not everybody in the Democrat Party believes that the polling reflects it. It's one little segment of the Democrat Party, but yet that segment has taken over completely. Colorado Senator Michael Bennett, He's Democratic Party brand, he called it problematic. It was I meet the press yesterday, really problematic. I guess for his actual words, I agree, the Democratic brand is really problematic. It's a brand that's associated with New York and California, is associated with the educated elite in this country and not anymore with the working people in this country. Betto was asked me to agree with California Governor Gavin Newsom's assertion the Democratic Party brand is toxic Newsom's word, which he said on Bill Maher's program on Friday. Bet It'd appear to concur with Newsom's conclusion, harshly criticizing the party for losing touch with everyday voters. The Democrats need to present a compelling vision for the future of the country, and the faire to do so was responsible for President Donald Trump's now too non executive wins quote. The Democratic Party has lost touch with working people in our country at a time when fifty years of trickle down economics has meant that most Americans feel like, no matter how hard they work, their kids aren't going to live a life better than the life they led. Well, if you hadn't a Douglas in a twenty thirty six trillion dollar hole, maybe they would have a future that they might, you know, be positive about. They're going to be left to pay down that they're killed children. If they haven't, You're going to be left to pay that down, or the system will collapse on under the weight of itself because of the interest payments we're making on that and so Security, Medicaid, medicare in a state of disarray and leading to their ultimate demise. Of those programs too, because they've been mismanaged all these years. I mean, come on, you got a lot of problems on your hands. But screaming and just name calling that is not an argument. It is not an advancement of a specific set of proposals and principles that are an alternative to what Americans pretty much won. Donald Trump's approval rating is pretty damn good right now. New CBS poll He's got fifty percent approve, which was higher than any point during his last term. Now, some people have a problem with how he's dealing with the inflation and somebody the economy, but only by a couple of extra digits. They love what he's doing with immigration, very great numbers in terms of how he's handling immigration. So, in spite of all the yelling, yell, yell, yell, yeo yell, people still seem to be genuinely appreciative of what Donald Trump's doing for the country. So for SAX six nineteen fifty five Kars Detalk station, feel free to call love to hear from. You carry a balance on your credit card. You're probably paying a very high interest rate for a limited time. Though, you can transfer that balance to an Emery Federal Credit Union credit card and get zero percent for seven months and no transfer fee. What a great deal that is. If you don't have an Emery credit card, to apply for one online, just go to EMORYFCU dot org Emery FCU dot org. Certain restrictions apply. The offer's valid for qualified borrows only upon approved credit offers subject to change at any time, so visit Emory FCU dot org for all the details. They're federally insured by NCUA MLS number four zero one zero eight seven. Of course, they are an equal Housing.
Speaker 2: Lender fifty five.
Speaker 1: KRC Channel nine says, let's finally dry out the last night boy, some amazing storms over night, but what we have our overcast skys today with temperatures going to fifty four degrees, decrease clouds over night dropping to thirty five, a sunny, cool day dry tomorrow fifty six, a few clouds over night, not as cold as forty six for the low, and then a warmer, windy Wednesday with the highest seventy seven sixty degrees. Right now, let's hear about traffic conditions.
Speaker 7: From the uc up Triumphics Center. Don't let injuries slow you down. The UC helped Orthopedic Sands sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule same day appointment at ucehelp dot com. Highways continue to look pretty good this morning. No major time delays to deal with, even with some wet roads leftover from yesterday's storms. One twenty three is blocked off outside eleven in between Heart and Green Tree power lines from those storms. Chot ing ramon fifty five krs. The talk station.
Speaker 1: Six twenty four. If you have KRC talk station, you got time for at least one call Tony thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the program, Marien.
Speaker 11: How you doing.
Speaker 12: Did you have a good weekend?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually did. We had some folks over Saturday cooked a fantastic Neil really enjoyed it and other than that just kind of kicked back. So yeah, it was nice.
Speaker 13: Was So my question is, I'm not very smart person, but why is it that we are borrowing money?
Speaker 11: Why aren't we the one loading money.
Speaker 14: We are such a big economy.
Speaker 13: We should be loading countries money and to having it, you know, come.
Speaker 9: Back to us with interest and stuff.
Speaker 15: Why isn't the other way around?
Speaker 7: There's something in our economy that makes it where we have to do this that way or what.
Speaker 1: Well, we always give money away because we're trying to buy friendship. It's what the Chinese are engaged in right now, and they're ever growing presence because they're taking a queue from us. You start throwing out money in the world, people adopt your policies and adopt your security interest and of course get addicted to the bbilical court of your money flowing in, so you get to bend their will to your favor. Well, and at some point you realize that you're now thirty six trillion dollars in debt, you got to trillion dollars annual interest payment on it, and your own systems and your own social safety welfare net has not been tended to end minded to the point where all the people in your country who have relied on your promises to keep them in retirement and take care of their medicine, etc. Can't rely on that anymore. So, you know, you would think that your idea would really work, Tony, I gotta admit, but that's just not how it's turned out for us. Too many politicians not paying attention to what's going on and keeping their own personal interest in mind. You got a lot of rhinos out there. They see their pet project in their state and they're not going to give up a single dime worth of that money, which of course prompts the Democrats to do the same thing. They're the big spenders, they're the big government types. They are the fascists of the world. Let's get our definition straight. Appreciate it, Tony Jim hang on, if you don't mind for a moment, I promise to take your call right out of the gate. At six twenty six fifty five kc DE Talk station. Get yourself from USA Insulation. Anytime of year is a great time to get USA insulation. The heat is coming. He'll be baring down in your house. If you'll have an insulated home, it's gonna be hot. You'll not be able to escape it and your energy bills if you're trying to fight that uphill battle with your air conditioning unit. I don't know which program you're under if you get in Duke's energy rates or an aggregation rate, but it looks like they're all going up and I can't send you inside on that. But even if they didn't go up, you know, save money every month. It product here pays for itself. It's only ninety nine dollars a month interest free to have your home phone with this premium phone made right here in Ohio, highest star value phone on the market. If you have under insulated walls like my daughter's house with R twelve in it that was what forty fifty years old, well put the phone in there with it. They can tell you if you're under insulated or uninsulated with a free inspection and a free quote. Take them up on it. Well, it is only ninety nine dollars a month. Interest free. You can take advance into the tax credit next year when you're doing your taxes. That's twelve hundred dollars to do the right thing and the comfort much improved from day one forward. So three eight one three sixty two six five one three three eight one Foam online USA Insulation dot Net fifty five the talk station waking up SOOT thirty Fify you have KRCD talk station five one three seven four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three talk to with Pound five fifty on AT and T phones as promised, Jim, thank you so much for holding over the break there. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 16: Good morning, Brian. A couple of things. First all, last week I think Astrity were talking about something and dealing with the cops and the kids and stuff. Was like the solution is to give kids snacks at the bus stop to stop crime and nuts. But what you're talking about this morning about the test list things. Somebody I think it's on the northwest side of town. Some buddy. There's a group chann lines and reporting on a group of knuckleheads that were initially they're all worried about the department that they had being removed and how that's going to impact the schools, which is for the better, I would think, But they were the ones out leading this Tesla thing the other day. It's like, I got no clue what that's got to do with schools.
Speaker 1: But yeah, whatever, Well that's the conclusion I'm left with. Whatever. I mean, your day of rage is over with. You accomplish nothing. The dealership is still there, people still like their Teslas, and all you're doing is ruining and endeavoring to ruin, literally take down a company it employs one hundred thousand people and apparently makes a product that people absolutely love or at least used to love until they turn it into a political symbol. And the Left is just doing this to manipulate useful idiots that don't even know why they're there screaming about Elon musk Olive ark. What does that mean? He's a man doing a job for free that is trying to save us from ourselves. He's pointing out all the fraud, wasted abuse, and government giving us great illustrations and pointing out that we do a terrible job minding the money that they take from our paychecks. Is that what's got them angry? Are you angry about that. I mean, I don't understand why you can be. I'm looking at a mean right now. Don't be afraid to call things what they are. MAGA is a terrorist organization, they said that on this really in what way, shape or form. ICE is a secret police force conducting ethnic cleansing. It went on to say, no, citizenship is not based on ethnicity. Now, many of the folks coming across the border have a certain ethnicity. I happen to have an Irish and English ethnicity. That's where my ancestors are coming from. But I'm a white guy, so apparently it's anybody who's not white. This is ethnic cleansing. Although we have a country that is a melting pot fill of people with all different races, creeds, and colors of skin. If you're here illegally, it has nothing to do with your race. It's a question of the legal status and you're here and if you're a criminal. For God's sake, I think we can uniformly agree, as the polling suggests we do in large numbers. You need to be kicked out of the country because you're a threat to our society. Doesn't matter whether you're white or yellow or brown or any other color. Let's look at the box here. Are you here legally? Or did you break the law entering the country? Okay? You did break our immigration laws. Have you committed crimes? Okay, there's a check mark boom in that check sheet of deciding whether someone's allowed to stay in our country or kick them out. Is there anything about the color of their skin? No, but there they are making the charge. It's like people critical of the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Oh, you're just racist against Chinese people. No, we're not. It just happened to be the Chinese people ran the Wuhan Institute of Virology and it's Chinese Communist Party. More fundamentally, nothing wrong with the Chinese people as a racist people. I just disagree with their former government. I mean, these statements don't make any sense. New Hampshire, Gary, Welcome to the program. I'm always good to hear from you, my friend.
Speaker 17: Hey, Brian, how are you doing this morning?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 17: A little wound up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's better to be better to be wound up on a money than a sleep. Because I had a miserable night's sleep last night. I think it's because we had pizza for dinner and it didn't sit well with me regardless though.
Speaker 17: Yeah, oh my goodness, Yeah, I've been up since too. Don't ask me why, I just have. Hey, just just to let you give you a little little First of all, my condolence for Bard, Yeah, a long term. I'll set a prayer for her now that she's crossed over and we'll appreciate that. And and second of all, we really appreciate you and Joe as a morning team. You guys are you know, it's got to be hard to hear all of this every day. We thrive on it. But you know, yeah, I think it makes you more mature over the years that you've been here. I don't think you're as naive or I know, definitely I'm not the same way I was twenty years ago when I started listening to you eighteen years ago, actually listening to your dad.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, you know, the more you read, the more your knowledge base increases, and the more you can sort of see the forest for the trees, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 17: So, yeah, but let me tell you something I get from the New Hampshire aspect. I talked to people up here, and it's mostly the co exists. People with the yard signs out hate has no home, must he at the Festiality dealership, you know, so you know, you just look at their They say one hypocrisy, I guess you'd call it. You say one thing and do another. Right, it's the only peaceful if if I.
Speaker 1: Agree with you exactly.
Speaker 17: Yeah, in the meantime, what the beatings begin. And it's actually a shame because there actually destroying this country because how many people have stock market value invested in their four oh one ks for Tesla and anything like that, or how many people work for Tesla. Those people get hurt in addition, and all for what. Because the Democrats are getting their way, they'll destroy anything to get in their way. Don't get me wrong, Republicans would do the same thing if we allow.
Speaker 1: That, if we allow it.
Speaker 17: Politics, right, it's destructive, Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 1: I don't get out the path of violence, man, that's my But you know, you got to remember there's a lot of evil forces out there, like George Soros who wants our country to end as it currently exists, and all the destruction that'll go along with it. I mean, we must even be the point, you know, we're like the foundation upon which the globe functions. Financially, we're that wealthy. We have so much money out of the world, and we prop up so many countries and we engage in common and trade with them. If you end the United States, you end all of that from happening, and the world spirals into misery. That apparently is what they're after and what they want. It's frightening, though, but that's that's the end result of bringing down America one stock market, one company publicly traded company at a time. Yeah, four to one. K's vanished, people's investments vantaged, people are out of work and on the streets, and it further devolves into extra chaos. Yeah, that's great. Let's bring back the Great Depression. Great idea. Appreciate it New Amster, Gary six thirty eight fifty five KRC Detalk station five point three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight two to three talk and don't pay outrageous to be a save a month, don't pay outrageous months to get a good to a hospital imaging department to get an MRI, a CT scan, an echo cardiogram. Ultrasound imaging can be quite affordable by comparison to the outrageous price they charge at those hospital imaging departments where echo cardigram and you may have to wait a month to get in. Could you set you back more than thirty five hundred dollars? You probably pay extra for the radiologists report. Go to Affordable Imaging Services where that image without an enhancement will be five hundred dollars. Need an enhancement, it's eight hundred, and they get you right in at Affordable Imaging MRIs. Also north of thirty five hundred dollars at a hospital four hundred and ninety five dollars at Affordable Imaging Service. Same at same thing across the board. Every image at Affordable Imaging comes with price included the board certified radiologist report, which you and your doctor will both get within forty eight hours getting my next one. I think it's a week or so from now my CT scan, hoping it comes out fine, but one way or another, I know it'll come out in terms of image quality. And they use the same stuff that the hospitals use in terms of equipment. They just have very low overhead, So don't expect a lot of bells and whistles, but expect great images at a great price. So there you go. Affordable Medimaging dot Com is where you find them online. Affordable Medimaging dot Com. Exercise your choice. You do have one? What comes to medical care? Five one three seven five three eight thousand. That's seven, five three eight thousand.
Speaker 4: This is fifty KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Have you ever wondered if your pet is?
Speaker 1: Line to forty three to fifty five KRC DE talk station, Happy Monday, looking forward to hearing from Christopher Smith and coming up for the next hour. Ali's enjoy hearing from you two. Feel free to qualify. I went three seven fifty two to three talk and here we go more violence. Headquarters of the Republican Party in New Mexico torched yesterday, which is what the authorities are calling a deliberate act of urson. Republican Party New Mexico, and a social media post showed the damages of the Shaped States Up headquarters in Albuquerque, where spray painted on the wall ice equals KKK right for all the reasons. I just pointed out that it's so misguided that you know you're an idiot. I'm sorry, you're just an idiot and burning the place down obviously not good either. According to the Post earlier this morning, the entry where the Republican Party New Mextch's headquarters in Albuquerque was destroyed in a deliberate act of arson, which also included spray painting the words ice equals KKK. This horrific attack, fueled by hatred and intolerance, is a direct assault on our values, freedoms, and our rights to political expression. Deeply relieved that no one was harmed in what could have been a tragic, deadly attack. That from a statement from Amy Barrella, the chairwoman of the Republican Party in New Mexico, she said, those who resort to violence to undermine our state and nation must be held accountable, and our state leaders must reinforce through decisive action that these cowardly attacks will not be tolerated. So we're looking forward to looking to work with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco on Firearms, local law enforcement, federal investigators committed to providing every piece of evidence necessary to bring those responsible to justice and ensure that they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of a law. Well yeah, well let's hope they are too. And you know, as wet as I am to my little libertarian values. It would never cross my mind to like torch George Soros's headquarters or something. You end up negating your own message when you do that. I mean you've got logic and reason on your side, or at least I claim to. I believe you're capable of managing your own affairs. From choosing and picking and choosing what you want to spend your money on, getting an education that's available to you. It's right there, making responsible choices, or not suffering the consequences of poor choices, and hopefully learning from them and then not going down that road again. It's called life experience. Choosing who you want to sleep with knock yourself out. I don't have any control over that. The minute I come after you, that's the day that I decide that I have fixed everything and every imperfection of my life that's never going to happen. Live your life, libertarian. Trust you with your wallet and your zipper. I can live in this world comfortably with gay stray people. Even bisexual people. Don't tell me though a man can be a woman. That's different. I don't have to abide by that, but I'm happy to live in a society that has people to believe their women or men when they're biologically not. That's what freedom's all about. But that freedom also includes my right to make my own choices. You're not going to indoctrinate me into thinking something completely contrary to logic and reason. It's a beautiful thing. So we have the arguments on our side, and screaming and yelling and wailing and gnashing and teeth is never, ever, ever an effective strategy, and that's exactly what this basically turns into. Well, I hate the Republicans, so I'm going to burn him down. I hate the fact that Immigrations and Customs Enforcement is finally doing their job and getting a hold on our borders, because that represents a security interest to our country. We have dangerous people coming across the border, maybe members of terrorist selves, maybe terrorists themselves, maybe the Chinese communist parties sending people over. We've got tens of thousands of Chinese military age men that have come across the open borders during the Biden administration that might represent a challenge to us, and of course organize chaos in the streets. When you start taking steps to ensure the safety and economic stability of our country, making sure our children can get an education. We're not sitting in a room with a bunch of kids who don't speak English and need remedial liverate literally everything holding our students back, and then moving away from that component of illegal immigration. Look at how bad our schools are performing anyway. Maybe we need reform. Huh. Maybe we need a return to decision making to a local level, so different regions can deal with the problems differently, because there are of course different problems that each region is dealing with that don't necessarily carry over someplace else. The one size fits all solution is not something that works. So let's get rid of the Department of Education and the strings attached to the dollars that impact what we teach our children in school and just give block grants. The money's not going away, don't believe those lies. The bureaucracy and the micromanagement of your local school boards may be going away, though, and I think that'll be a healthy, refreshing change for the benefit of our young people who clearly have a problem at school these days. Sixty eight fifty five krc DE talk station. Well, how many realtors you know that can guarantee the sale of a of your home. Well, I know one the only team I would ever consider hiring. That's the Super Group of Keller Williams seven Hills Outstanding real Estates. They are real estate agents. They are the only agents I'd ever trust. Peter Suber, the ser Group of Keller Williams seven Hills. They have the guarantee sale. What you do, you're goring a price in a deadline, right out front with Peter and his team. If they don't sell your home by that price and that time, well Peter will buy it. As simple as that. You know exactly what's going to happen. Is it gonna sell it to somebody else within that period of time where it's over and done with, on the day and time you agreed on and at the price you agreed on. That's part of the guarantee. That five star experience one of the many programs Supgroup offers that nobody else does to the best of my knowledge. Several ways to reach them Sabri c Cha, b r I S Schubree Group. Use your search engine you'll find them. Go directly to the website at seven zero eight three thousand dot com or call them directly at five p one three seven zero eight three thousand.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: When divorce puts your life's work On six fifty three at fifty five KRCV talk station. I alluded to that new CBS poll that came out which says looks like the vast majority of a very large majority of us are happy with what at least the Trump administration is doing in so far as immigration crackdown. We're on the right side of the ledger on that one. Politically, of course, ICE doing its job for a change. And here we go to the other side. While ICE cracking down on illegal immigration. We have a TikTok user posting what is I agree with the description a disturbing video calling on people to, in his words, shoot at ICE agents, shoot them on site. Blaldonk it's this guy that poasted it. He actually had the nerve and the stupidity to post a video of himself, the guy actually telling people to shoot ICE agents. Quote shoot at ICE agents on site. That's right. If ICE agents are trying to take you or a loved one, shoot them on site. Well, from a legal perspective, I think he's got it wrong. Not allowed to use deadly force unless you are confronted with deadly force. And this is merely law enforcement doing the job that they are told to do based upon the law and the way it reads. So this guy apparently has since taken down the message you can get in trouble with authorities. Took down the message on Sunday evening after Fox News Digital reached out to him on TikTok. Whoops. Wow, it went viral and apparently for all the wrong or right reasons, depending on your perspective. That's what's going on out in the world. Yes, one guy with an opinion. We all know what opinions are, like, everybody's got one sphincter's. But in this particular case, I think it's reflective of the just outrageous attitude that some people have when without borders and without some sort of border stability, without a managed immigration system, the whole place just comes falling down in on itself. More to talk about off top of the ar News plus Christopher Smithmen coming up at seven to twenty, and I hope you can stick around. Be interesting. Conversation with Christopher usually is I'll be right back for.
Speaker 2: A full rundown. And the biggest ten lines there's minutes away.
Speaker 1: At the top of the.
Speaker 2: Hour, I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored by.
Speaker 1: It's seven oh six here at fifty five kr CV talk station, Brian Thomas fishing everyone a very happy Monday, trying to make it so anyway, it'll be certainly happier. At seven twenty with a return of former Vice Mayor of the city since any Christopher Smithman to do the smither van. Fast forward an hour to Money Money with Brian James, including first one fifty one percent are scared of a stock market crash and I sure hope he burst the bubble of that kind of thought happening. And uh Ira Melman is going to do a power you someonear on borders and immigration. Ira joins a program at eight forty five three, seven nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two to three, talking to jump over to the phones of former Anderson Township trustee Drew Pappus on the line, Drew, good to hear from me, as it always is.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Brian, thank you.
Speaker 11: I just wanted to hope everybody's safe out there with the storms that we had last night pursed off and I look forward to always hearing from the wonderful Christopher Smithman here in twenty minutes at the Smither Vent.
Speaker 9: It's one of the highlights of Monday mornings.
Speaker 11: But thanks to you and Joe, I've had the opportunity here to just remind everybody that today is the last day to purchase your tickets for the let Us Never Forget Scholarship Dinner, which is.
Speaker 9: Coming up on April to twelfth, And it's just.
Speaker 11: A great organization I'm involved with. Keith Moppin does a wonderful job out here. To date he's given the Foundation is given over three hundred I mean, I'm sorry, over three quarters of a million dollars in scholarships to local kids for.
Speaker 9: College wow memory in memory.
Speaker 11: Of the of the local veterans that have passed away in combat. So I just can't really say enough about this event which is taking place on April twelfth. But if you go to Yellow Ribbonsupport Center dot com you can get all the information and buy tickets and even there's some table sponsorships there available for any of our corporate friends that want to be as generous as they can. So I can't thank you and Joe enough for giving me the opportunity to come on here and mention about the Yellow Ribbon Supports Center and all the good they do.
Speaker 1: Well, that's just wonderful. And it's nice that you know, Matt Mappin, who of course perished fighting in service of our country, his name is being used for such a wonderful cause, so you know, God rest his soul. But it's a I don't know. It's great that this Yellow Ribven Support Center deck exist and remembering Matt's name and of course those others who have who've fallen in combat, you always got a vehicle forum here Drew to promote such events. You know me, I love the American veteran and anything we can do to support causes related to them as a welcome opportunity here in the Morning show.
Speaker 9: I know that, and I can't thank you enough.
Speaker 11: And it's just it's just, you know, sometimes getting a plug in or your message out with all the chatter going on in the world's difficult, and there's so much need out there, there really is. But this organization does just is very very it's a very efficient, small organization that does great jobs. You know that over the years, this organization has helped send over thirty seven thousand care packages to active duty service members overseas. I mean, holy, these people, these are just good people. They don't necessarily seek the limelight. They do good work. And this dinner if if you're you're you're welcome to be my guest at a table this year if you have the time on the twelfth. But I'd just like to tell you this, this organization does so much good and it's such a great evening to just sit there and and you know, it's it's it's not a it's not a it's a somber occasion. It's a memorial. You know, we we we say the names of all the soldiers and it's it's very very somber. It's a powerful evening. But it also is is an evening that fills you with hope because so many people are are are doing good to support the American veteran and the American soldier and remember their memory. So that's the most important thing. So uh again, Yellow Rivetsupportscenter dot com is the website you can go and buy tickets. I just we're trying. They're trying to make the final push h to get tickets sold. It's up at the oasis. It's not far so if you can, uh, if you if you're so inclined to either sponsor a table, be a sponsor for the event, donate, or just buy a ticket.
Speaker 1: We really appreciate it. Thank you so much for coming on the program and bringing it to my listeners' attention, Drew. That means a lot to me. And what I'll do is I'll ask Joe to put the link to the Yellow Ribbinsupport Center dot com on my blog page as well, just in case people forget the name of the link, so one more opportunity to get in touch with them. And today's the last.
Speaker 9: Day, right, Today's the last day. April the first is the last day. And oh is that tomorrow? What's today's say?
Speaker 1: There is a thirty first you got if it's April first, you got till tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we got till tomorrow. So I appreciate that.
Speaker 11: And well, you know, with the with the storm's keeping me up half.
Speaker 9: The night, my my my days are off.
Speaker 11: But I just I just really hope that people have the opportunity to get out there and and and support this great organization. So I just thank you again for the opportunity. And you guys are always so gracious that there's a good cause and a worthy cause, you and Joe and the good work show does there. You guys are always very very generous with your time and appreciate it.
Speaker 1: That's one of the points of the Morning Show, my friend. I feel blessed to be in a position to let people know about all these wonderful organizations and some of the good that's going on in the world, because Lord knows, we are surrounded by a lot of nonsense. If I can just boil it down to that, you know what I'm saying, Amen, take care and God bless you. Drew Pappus appreciate bringing that to everybody's attention. And one more thing, there's a Corey Bowman who's obviously running for mayor the city of Cincinnati as a Republican. Westside Jim Keefer asked that I remind everyone that next Tuesday, the eighth, at Price Sil Chili, there is an early voting kickoff event, And then we mentioned this before in the Morning Show and Corey was on so early voting kickoff event Price Hill Chili begins at five pm and lasts until seven pm. So help get the word out about Corey Bowman. You can talk to him, shake his hand, find out what he's all about, and see if you have some interest in supporting the campaign. But it's fast approaching, and of course he's gonna have primary, and then after he wins the primary, it's off to the races against have to have pro ball. So there is a choice in this world and you can exercise that. And while I'm talking about events, I may as well mention. Barley Corns is where we're going to be on Wednesday for the Listener Lunch, Wilder, Kentucky. Barley Corns. There are several Barley Corns, but we're going to be in Wilder, Kentucky. It's pretty easy to get to off four seventy one the Double A Highways. You know, just look it up online. You'll see it's supposed to be really good. I've heard nothing but rave reviews continuing our micro brewery tour that we've been doing this year for listener Lunch. And since I mentioned listener to Lunch, I will mention again for folks that have just tuned in lost Alena. I just dearly loved Barbara. Barbar Liznouski referred to as my blind friend Barbara. She was always so inspirational and was always moved by her you know, refusal to take her disability and let it hold her back. She would get on that bus that would take transport anywhere around town that's for disabled folks. There's that service out there. She'd come by herself to listener to lunch, you know, order and get some help from folks and always set up just a smile on her face and a really bubbly friendly personality. She sang in her church choir for a forever up until she her health deteriorated. But I was advised this morning that she had been moved from her nursing home over to university a hospital because of a bow obstruction, and apparently that took her life. So rest in peace, Barb. You were an inspiration again. It was nice being in a position to know you. And we have lost, you know, several listeners over the years that come to listening to Lunch, like Bob from Oakley, and I just have such fond memories of being in a position to be able to meet those folks and as I always feel about meeting the listeners at listener and lunch. It's a real shot in the arm sometimes when you're feeling down and blue to know that I have such a fabulous, fabulous listening audience. Your people who care, your people who stay on top of important matters. You think logically, you think reasonably, and it's a blessing to have you out there listening to the program. I feel that I'm not worthy another man, I feel I'm not worthy to talk to Christopher Smithman, who's going to join the program next to give us a smither vent love talking to Christopher. I hope you do too, And if you can't hang out for that, remember fifty five carsee dot com. I always get your podcasts and information there fifty five krsee dot com, along with your rightheartmedia app. The meantime, though, another thing I'm happy to tell you about his odor Exit's locally manufactured, owned and operated twenty five years in business helping people eradicate nasty odors from their lives. The products are one er percent satisfaction guaranteed. It's easy to figure out which product you need by going to the website where you can order it. I think it's still twenty percent off. Don't quote me on that. My last note said that I think that's uphill today. So regardless that the products work so smoke, mold, mildew, human oder, food oders, skunk spray. Yeah, it works on everything. Just use the product as directed. Any questions on how to use it or how to apply it or little tricks of the trade, they got a toll free number. They'll happily answer those questions. If you're ordered online, they ship it out right away, or just buy it locally. You know, it's a search engine on the website. O D O r X T NO eodor exit dot com, and I just know you'll be glad you bought. I've been using the products for years and years, and that's why they've had twenty five years a successful business operation. Hey, they work well on everything except the Stentia politics. Odor exit dot Com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station, Team fifty.
Speaker 1: Five KRCD Talk station. It being a Monday, I always look forward to this time. Get to hear from the former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, h Christopher Smithman with a smith Event. Welcome back, Christopher Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 8: I did. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. And I, you know, want to also extend my my prayer to anybody who was impacted by the storms last night and continue to encourage people to drive bapuly out there today.
Speaker 1: Man, it sounded like we were in a war last night, just the constant bomabone of owe thunders like geese just couldn't get over that thunder.
Speaker 17: It was.
Speaker 8: It was startling my mom. She couldn't stop calling me making sure that we were okay. What I want to share with you today, and it's a complicated subject matter because race is always complicated. But you know, I was very disappointed in Representative Crockett for a lot of things that she had said. This is a representative out of Texas who's been making national news because of things that she's been saying. And some of those things she's been saying, she's been she insulted the governor of Texas about him being in a wheelchair. She's been cussing in her official capacity as a member of Congress in chambers that I do too. She's been cutting outside of those chambers, meaning just during interviews she's been using profanity. She's been dancing in the hallway on Instagram, I believe one of the platforms with her tongue hanging out and even kind of holding her crops as she's doing this dance in the hallway, which I thought was ridiculous for a member of Congress. But what she did this weekend when she went after a congressman Byron Donald's by literally saying that he wasn't black because he was married to a white woman, really hit another loaf for her. And so I'm going to spend a little time talking about Representative Crockett, who spent the majority of her life living a privilege life. This is a woman who comes from a two family home, which is wonderful, a pastor first lady, who sent her to private schools her entire life, her college education two thousand students, seventy one thousand a year. She went to Catholic schools her whole life. And so this notion that this highly educated African American woman who seems to be playing to the lowest common denominator when we need African American women and men the talented ten, he's going to the lowest common denominator. But to attack this man's family, to say that because he's married to a white woman it now doesn't make him black, makes her absolutely insane and somebody who should not be serving as a member of Congress. This is not about Democrat or Republicans. There are children out there who are from interracial relationships. There are people who are listening to this show who are in interracial relationships. We've got the Vice President who's married to an age an Indian woman, who, by the way, came really from povertive poverty. Unlike Representative Crocket, who's thinking something that she's not. She's a phony, she's a fake, and you got you got her going after an African American man because.
Speaker 12: Of who he chooses to love and looks.
Speaker 8: Like as a beautiful family, a beautiful white and I want to salute them. I want to lift them up, and I want to lift up every interracial couple, no matter what the combination is, that they have the rights, that those relationships are beautiful, and that Representative Crocket should absolutely be censured.
Speaker 12: For her comments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't argue with that, Christopher. You know, as I was contemplating what she said, if that were I mean, it's it's ludicrous, it's stupid. It obviously illustrates that she's just insane. But if that is true, that if a black man who marries a white woman is not black, then Barack Obama was not black. He was the product of two white people then, and that isn't that what that means?
Speaker 12: It means all of the above.
Speaker 8: It means all of the above. I mean the notion for her to assert what's black and what's not black, having spent her the majority of her time in what would be considered white institutions. She didn't go to Spelman, she didn't go to Howard, she didn't go to Tuskegee Institute like my mom and dad went. She went to an affluent private school two thousand kids, where the tuition had seventy one thousand dollars a year. Wool. And I'm just saying, I am tired of these state and phony people who try to assert what their blackness is and how that's defined for the rest of America. This African American man who is running for governor for Florida has the right to love Mary whoever he wants to, and I think that she should be censure for her comments because they're so repulsive.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that reminds me of Joe Biden's statement, if you don't vote Democrat, you're not black. I mean, there's another ridiculous thing. This is your politics to find our skin color.
Speaker 8: It's all of the above are true, but it just tells you the cesspool of race that she could get on an African American a radio show and make these kinds of comments and not be challenged. Yeah, thinking about all of the athletes out here right who are married to white women. I just thought Tiger Woods, who just announced, i think an engagement to a white woman, What in her mind makes her believe that because somebody's in an interracial relationship, they have now surrendered who they are.
Speaker 12: And so this is this this low mental of.
Speaker 8: This Representative Crocket who's been saying things about whether it's whether it's Senator Cruz, whether it's the governor of Texas now, whether it is her colleague, a congressional member of Congress Byron Donalds who's running for the Florida governorship. I'm just saying to you, Representative Crocket, if this is what the Democratic Party has to offer America, stame on them. Stame on them.
Speaker 1: We'll continue with Christopher Smithen on a tear this morning. He is as we always enjoy. First let mention Chimneycare Fireplaces st two reasons to call him.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: If you have a wood burning fireplace, they have the Spring Special, which is a wood burning sweeping evaluation for only one sixty nine to ninety nine plus tax good savings. And it's an important thing to do, is taking care of your safety. And what a perfect time of year to go ahead and do this because, let's face it, with the temperature's warming up, probably not using the fireplace, so great to get it checked out so when it gets cold again you can confidently light up a fire, beautiful woodburning fire and know that you're in great shape to a video camera inspection of that whole fireplace, making sure the flow is right. You're not gonna have any carbon monoxide problems. Definitely get a carbon monoxide detector, but a low, low price of one sixty nine ninety nine. They will also do an exterior check of your chimney. Now, if you have a gas fireplace, you can get a free exterior evaluation from the Chimneycare Fireplace in Stove protect your chimney from water damage. That's what the xterior evaluation is all about. And they'll do that with the woodburning sweep and evaluation. But you don't have a wood burner, take advantage of the free exterior evaluation. Call my friends at Chimney Care Fireplace in Stoe since nineteen eighty eight, locally owned an operated a plus with a better business barrow. It's five one three two four eight ninety six hundred two four eight ninety six hundred. Online you can schedule appointment and learn more about what they do, including what's available at the showroom. Chimneycareco dot Com. Fifty five KRC the talk station brand instead Channel nine. First forecast littally it'll be dry last next several days. Dry conditions overcast today. Temperatures right about where we are today for the high, so we're looking at fifty forty degrees. That's where the say of the high is. Overnight down to thirty five's clearing up. Skies got a sunny day tomorrow with a high of fifty six, a few clouds overnight forty six for the low, and a windy warmer Wednesday going all the way up to seventy seven again fifty four now type of traffic from the UCLP Traffic Center. Don't let injury slow you down.
Speaker 7: The UC Health Orthopedic sand supports medicine expert can help keep you moving. Schedule the same day apployment at u see health dot com. Cruise continue to work with a wreck east bound on the raging Highway near Galbert.
Speaker 1: That traffic backing up paying US Swinton.
Speaker 7: It's a broken down buffs and slowing traffic on Westwood Northern at Beatman. Sounds like they are now diverting traffic on to Sutter Chucking Ram on fifty five KRC deep talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven thirty here, fifty five KRSD talk station. Always a great time of you listen listening to the fifty five care See morning showing on Monday. Get start to Christopher smithvan doing the Smith Event. Why something else that has got to be on your mind? Christopher?
Speaker 17: What is it?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 8: I have to tell you that, first I thought the return of the astronauts from space that were stranded there for nine months was a remarkable scientific feat. And again I give my kudos to Elon Musk and his team. The President of the United States NASA, all the scientists. I raised this because they have given their first interview on Fox News with Bill Hemmer and I know, you know, he's a Cincinnati guy. Oh Elder is an anchor there.
Speaker 12: He got that first interview.
Speaker 8: With Butch Wilmore and Sonny Williams, who are the two astronauts that or were returned to space after being left there.
Speaker 14: For nine months.
Speaker 8: And it's just one of those interviews that I think all of us should watch because these are scientists that are just out trying to do their job. They're just they're just you know, giving their best to America. But at the end of the day, I'm sure there are feelings that they were left that that people a trip that was supposed to be eight or nine days ended up being nine months. And the politics surrounding it is clear that they understand that's the that's the past administration left in there, and the current administration put a plan together to get them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know, every time I think about that, Christopher, because I'm not claustrophobic, but if you put me in that position and you tell me that there's no way you can get back to Earth and I'm in this little, tiny space station. I'm going to become claustrophobic pretty damn quickly. There isn't enough valume or xanax or UH anti anxiety medications on the planet that can call me down out of that. So, you know, God bless them, and the idea that they were able to keep their their cool and maintain themselves and and uh and continue to get the job done while they're up there, in and of itself is an amazing thing because I'm I don't think I'm alone in the world that says I probably would have broken down psychologically over that.
Speaker 8: No, I totally agree with you. I don't think I could have been in those close corners, close quarters for nine months and still the you know what I'm hearing is the lack of communication with them on how they were actually going to get back didn't become clear to them until after the election, And that is scary stuff that all of us, meaning talking about the previous administration wasn't really focused on getting them back to Earth. It's just it's just an amazing story. I'm sure they're going to write a book about it, but you you know, scientists tend to be very guarded about what they're saying, and I believe that what they're trying to communicate is a broader message of thankfulness to the administration, but also a commitment to space travel and Elon Musk. And this kind of pushes me into what I saw this weekend, Ryan Thomas, with all of these protests at Tesla's locations. People were having cars being keyed, damaged, fires, whatever was going on. And I'm talking about across the United States of America. Obviously there were peaceful protests that we saw in front of a lot of dealerships. But this notion that you're mad at Elon Musk and this Doge organization because they are correctly identifying waste and fraud, it just blows me away. Why are they protesting?
Speaker 17: Number one?
Speaker 9: And I heard your show this morning.
Speaker 8: And then the notion that no Democratic Congressional member has literally come out and said they are against the violence that they are seeing against Tesla owners and against dealerships, people who own property. It is numbing to me how quiet they have been, Brian Thomas of not just simply saying what is happening is wrong, and it's because they want it to happen, or their organizations are privately funding what we're seeing across the United States of America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know that that is going on. A lot of the organization has been identified and people have put together a money trail to show where some of the money's coming from that's funding these. There are some suggestions that many of the people that showed up with these were paid protesters. But to me, the issue boils down to what is your problem with Elon Musk? I mean you scream at him and say he's a Nazi, which makes absolutely no sense. Definitionally speaking, It's like I wish they all got a copy of Mirriam Webster's out of Read The Definition of Fascism, because Elon Musk is cutting and hopes to cut more of the size and scopal government. The Trump administration is endeavoring to get rid of regulations. Regulations are a mechanism fascists you to control the means of production. That's exactly what fascists do. Government tells you how you can run your business or can't run your business in a free market, You run your own business any damn way you feel like it. Well, Elon Musk is much closer to a free market fundamentalist than he is a fascist? Just to scream out fascist and Nazis just doesn't make any sense. And when these people have been interviewed, you look at the interviews, the YouTube videos and the posts, and someone you know, kindly and and and and and in a gentle manner, approaches one of these protesters and gently and kindly merely ask them what their problem is. They can't even answer it. They don't know it is fascist, Like, okay, upon what information are you drawing your conclusion that this guy's somehow a fascist? And they can't answer it. They just scream and yell.
Speaker 8: It's identity politics, bran and comments on steroids where they have no public policy, so they're just left to personal attack because they're not dealing with this substance. And they think that Americans are dumb and that we don't understand that what is happening has never happened like this before. This is historic where you have a group of people who are actually going line by line and identifying fraud.
Speaker 12: Why is there somebody one.
Speaker 8: Hundred and fifty years old getting a Social Security check? Why is there a nine month old baby getting an SBA loan?
Speaker 12: Yeah, ALLVPPO, what the reality of it?
Speaker 8: Is is that there are major problems. Why are there systems I'm talking about computer systems or software that systems that are not communicating with each other, you know. So this notion that we can we can't really improve the government, which is what Elon Musk in their team are doing, is absurd. And you would think that the Democrats and the Republicans and the few Independents that are there would.
Speaker 14: All agree on this.
Speaker 12: And so this notion of all this fake.
Speaker 8: Outrage and burning of cars and burning of dealerships and engaging in violence, and we live in a democracy with no Democratic congressional member to my knowledge being outspoken about that violence is absolutely outrageous from my perspective, and they will they don't have anything to stand on right when violence breaks out in other areas because they were so quiet right now.
Speaker 1: Brian Thommins, let's pause, will bring Christopher back for a couple more comments on this money or this Monday with this plean event. Pause for a moment first, though, and recommend you get over to foreign exchange, gets your traditionally imported car from Asia or Europe or even manufactured here in the United States. And then they have Toyota plans, for example, get it fixed at foreign Exchange. When it's out warranty, you go to the dealer. It's going to be a lot of money and more and more and more and more every single day.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I don't know what tariffs are going to do. It probably increase the price. But one thing you can count on is when you take your car to foreign Exchange, you will pay less than the dealer and your car will be fixed to your satisfaction. First off, customer services outstanding. They have se certified master technicians with access to your manufacturers all the technical information and data. You get a full warranty on parts and service, and you pay less. Westchester location is the one I'm recommended because that's where we always go. Austin and is outstanding. Folks there that'd be the tylers and the legs of Office seventy five. Just go east two streets, hanging right on Kingland Drive and there it is before your very eyes when you stop in, tollm Brian said, high, or when you call for an appointment, tollm brian said high. From the exotic to the run of the mill, save money five one, three, six, four, four, twenty six, twenty six five one three, six four four, twenty six, twenty six online for an xform letter X dot com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station when divorce place.
Speaker 1: It's seven four forty two on Monday, talking with former Vice many of the City of since Nant, Christopher Smithlin. Find them online is at vote Smythman on AX, Right, Christopher, that's.
Speaker 12: Right, brother.
Speaker 8: Look, my heart goes out to Rachel Morin's family, who's she was murdered.
Speaker 12: Mother of five children.
Speaker 8: That trial starts this week. Victor Antonio Martinez, horrendous out of Al Salvador, who crossed into the United States of America illegally February of twenty twenty three. And I pray that this family gets justice, that they get closure, and I hope this trial also underscores why having a border that is not an open border and border policies and immigration policies that make sense are so important. Here's a person from another country who killed an American citizen, a mother, a wife, a mother of five children, and I just think it's absolutely insane, and I just want to lift her up, even though I don't know this family obviously, you know, I just I've been following the story, and I think her murder as she's out, this guy comes out of a drain and kills her on a walk or a run is just absolutely crazy. Brian Thomas, and I just can't get my head wrapped around anybody who believes that having open borders where people can just come into our country, or district judges that can say turn planes around with gang members on it, we have got to make sure that all of our communities are safe. And Americans who are out here every day going to work like this morning, headed to their first meetings, getting their cups of coffee, they deserve to be safe. Man.
Speaker 12: And so this notion that.
Speaker 8: These district judge just federal judges that are being shopped and I'm not an attorney, you are, but they're shopping these these judges so that they're putting these different rulings in our injunctions on uh, the executive branch of government, while we have trials like this that are happening where families, American families are seeking justice. The hypocrisy of that is just blowing my mind this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand that all day long. Hell, I read an article earlier about this TikTok video. There's a guy that actually his own He's on this video telling people to shoot ICE agents on site. Oh, just one guy. We all know what opinions are like, and everybody's got one. But I mean to just advocate me just because they're an ICE agent, to shoot them, to murder them if you see them, shoot them. It's basically the boiled down, you know, a version of his message. And I just was appalled that someone would actually advocate for something like that, and I hope no one takes his advice. But you know where the Internet allows people to interject all kinds of awful, awful concepts in the world, and we need to think rationally and reasonably about them and reject them out loud, and more politicians should come out and reject those things out loud and speak against them. Going back to your points earlier, I mean, this is not political. This isn't a Republican Democrat thing. I mean, just because you can disagree on immigration policy, but the idea that you would murder an ICE agent who is merely doing the job of upholding the law is preposterous.
Speaker 8: Well, we know that your sister served Cincinnati well as a find police officer. They're police officers, state highway patrol men's share of ICE agents, FBI agents, DEA agents, atf agents all over this country that get up every day and go to work to keep us safe. And so the notion that someone one would be anywhere saying kill one of them is absolutely crazy. And and what's unbelievable is that they're not in custody. I mean, I think that person should be arrested, absolutely, and and and knowing that when you put something out there like that, there's somebody crazy enough to listen or see it and go do it. That's what that's what's so real and powerful about social media. You can't control it once you put out once you put it out.
Speaker 1: There, No you can't. You can't unring a bell. Once it's out, it's out.
Speaker 8: We have My last point in two seconds is we got these big races down in Florida. This gentleman who's running for Congress by the last name of Fine. This is going to be a big test, a big thermometer test for Republicans. Can they hold a seat as we march into midterm elections, This open seat, that election is tomorrow, So I'll be watching those results, and I tell you if Republicans in that area. Now, now, this is again, this is like me watching a sports match, right, watching the final four. Meaning I'm just saying, you've got Republicans and Democrats that are fighting it out down in Florida. If they lose this battle, right, it's not a good sign as they march into the mid elections, mid term elections next year. Particularly, we're talking about the state of Florida, which is typically a red state. So I'll be watching that race very closely, trying to see And I think this is why Democrats are ginning up all this fake anger, having people go out in March and find a foil, meaning their foil is Elon Musk.
Speaker 12: He's bad, he's the fastest, he's a Nazie.
Speaker 8: They're trying to create all this emotion not around public policy, but around yeah, and the Democratic Party is pushing nothing but hate. They're not pushing public policy. And it's very, very dangerous because somebody could lose their life out here.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's what it really boils down to. Apparently they have nothing to run on that the American people are interested in, So it's all hate and screaming and name calling, which is an advocacy for a point, What positions are they advocating for?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: I mean, where's the draw that would take someone away from considering the policies of Donald Trump and wanting to convert over to Democrats. I mean, I'd like to see their agenda. Can't find it anywhere, at least nothing that appeals to me or makes any sense to me.
Speaker 14: No, not my problem, I guess right now, Christopher, violence is always wrong.
Speaker 8: We can always condemn it, and I think your entire listening audis no matter what their gender is or their race, right, we all can agree that violence is wrong.
Speaker 12: That's why it's so interesting that.
Speaker 8: We don't have any Democratic congressional members condemning it. And as they go into these elections, it's like they're wanting to.
Speaker 17: Gen this up.
Speaker 12: The reality is somebody could get.
Speaker 8: Hurt, like the CEO of one of the major healthcare systems. People out here have broken minds, They can take accents, and people can lose their lives. So I hope that we get better leaders. I hope that the leaders starts sneaking up about this stuff because it's very serious and what you described on TikTok is absolutely outrageous about the ice agent.
Speaker 1: It certainly is. Chrisoh, always enjoy your spleen done every Monday here fifty five car Seed talk Station. Check out the podcast fifty five care See dot com. You can tell your friends about it. Send them the link so everybody can enjoy Christopher's wisdom. Christopher, have a great week, my friend. I'll see on Friday for that beer. Thank you, sir, looking forward to it. Nine right now fifty five car Seed Talk Station. Prestige Interior has been improving the way families come together in the kitchen for over thirty years. You know kitchen where families come together for all kinds of life events big and small. It's not the heart of the home. I spend all kinds of time in the kitchen and I'm glad we got John Ryan from Prestige Interiors to remodel our kitchen so many years ago. Just still of it like it was just done yesterday. And they get He gets to know you, you the customer, what your likes and dis like sar. He's got great ideas from the initial gign to final installation. John Ryan is the man you'll be working with when you call press egon tiers. He is pressed these interiors. To learn more about the business, go to press thege one two three dot com. They enjoy an A plus with the Better Business Burel. And then you give John a call to talk about your kitchen. Five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine again online Prestige one two three dot com.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krc what in four Americans?
Speaker 1: The Voices of Reason.
Speaker 14: A voice in the dark, heard daily exactly the things that need to be said.
Speaker 18: Fifty five krc D talk Station. I have eight oh five and fifty five kr c D Talk Station. Brian Thomas fishing everyone a very happy Monday.
Speaker 1: And it is Monday. It is eight oh five. It is time for money Monday with Brian James from all Worth Financial. Brian James, welcome back to the program, my friend, good to talk to you. Good morning, good morning, glad to be here. Thanks once again for the opportunity to talk to you, you and your listeners. Well, the first topic got me a little worried. Now, just because someone thinks it may happen doesn't necessarily mean that they're relying on car You know, concrete facts and information. But I'm a little frightened by fifty one percent of Americans worrying about a stock market crash, you know, as opposed to like a correction or a downturn or something. But I mean a crash is a significant, like massive life changing ruining phenomenon. Yeah, it all depends on how you react to these things too.
Speaker 10: Now I would point out that none of these things, none of these forecasts are ever based on factual information, which is what makes them forecasts. We never know what's coming, that's just these are just measurements of what mood are we in. So one of this is that a new study is out showing that fifty one percent of people are expecting a market crash. I also would remind everyone that the same percentage of people were expecting the second leg down from the recession, the brief recession that occurred during the COVID period that was five years ago, and they spent probablyably two or three years waiting for that to kick in, and it never did, thank you. We just talk about things until they happen or don't happen. That way, see, because you know, there always is going to be some kind of downturn at some point. So if you keep the conversation going on for enough years, then at some point you can say, see, I told you so exactly. I've been talking about rain for the better part of a week, Brian, and look, lo and behold, I was right last night.
Speaker 1: Go pick this all up. I'm no, you kept this all up. But some of this, this this expression of concern, I guess is predicated on the tariff situation, which I know we're going to be talking a little bit more about. But tariffs have got people a little spooked and jittery. I mean, I've saw some really frightening uh statistics about the impact on car buying and how much it may increase the price of cars, which I know is on your short list of talk about today. Maybe ten thousand dollars more, depending But it's you know, when you looked at the breakdown of what's in an American car, you know, American car made in Detroit, you're like, actually, oh, it's not it's like forty to sixty percent imported. Stop.
Speaker 10: Just because the CEO's rear end sits in an office that is within the bounds of the United States doesn't mean that that particular company's cars are exempt. For example, terriff exposure for GMS about forty five percent, twenty five percent for Stalantis, the artist formerly known as Chrysler, and about twenty percent for four. So even in US made cars, about thirty five percent of parts are not compliant with the US Mexico Canada agreement from a few years ago that Trump put in place but doesn't seem to like anymore. So the estimates rise from you know, anywhere around twenty seven hundred to five thousand dollars maybe in some extreme scenarios, like you mentioned, ten thousand dollars in the added costs of paying.
Speaker 1: For these arguments.
Speaker 10: The thing to look at, though, is these aren't supposed to kick in for a couple of weeks. These are still negotiating tactics. Maybe something changes between now in April second or third, whenever theing's actually kick in, but remains to be seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the scenario does change, and maybe whoever he's asking for something from will capitulate and give it to some of Trump's terms and that we won't have to go through the tariff struggle because you know, I mean, you know it, I know it they're going to make the price that things go up. There's just there's nothing you can get around that, whether they're fair or not, I mean reciprocal. I understand the fairness argument because we're having our things subject to tariffs over on their side of the ledger of whatever country is receiving them and slapping the tariffs on why they're doing that. I don't know the genesis or basis behind any of it, but you know, if this isn't trying to create an even playing field, that argument at least passes Mustard. But you can't get around the practical effect that they're going to make things more expensive. So and that's we don't need that right now, Brian.
Speaker 10: That is not helping, of course no, But well I would throw out there though, if you were one interesting thing I've noticed over the past couple months, because I've noticed my phones haven't ranged very much.
Speaker 1: People aren't too spooked by this.
Speaker 10: Some of it is because there's a decent amount of people out there who feel that the person in charge right now is exactly who they wanted, and this is just the pain we have to go for we have to deal with. But other people are simply looking and I would say most people are simply looking at their investment statements.
Speaker 1: If you are sitting on a.
Speaker 10: Properly diversified portfolio, you're not down that much because where the United States is proactively making changes to present ourselves differently to the world and the overall economic situation on this planet that is causing so some of this is pretty much self inflicted. We're going to grumble about tariffs and all these things, well, then yeah, the stock market's going to get a little squirrely. That creates an opportunity for other places. So therefore, as we're sitting here right now, the S and P five hundred is down about five percent for the year. The Nasdaq is an official correction territory, down ten percent a year.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 10: International stocks, which I've spent the last ten years trying to convince people not to dump, are up nine percent. Our merging market funds are up about four and a half percent. So if you have a diversified portfolio, you're probably about even for the year. Despite some of the scariest, craziest, most unsettling headlines I've seen, so mostly the market is quiet.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's interesting you put that in the context of your phone not ringing very much, because, as you pointed out so many times over the years, your phone will ring a lot when it hits the fan. In some way, you got a you know, precipitous drop, and the S and P five hundred or something. People get all wigged out and like, should I sell? Should I sell? And that's what you're you're a counselor as a financial planner, You're you're a talker off of a ledge kind of guy, exactly.
Speaker 10: And that's what we talk about. We talked about how are we going to deal with these things? Then we also put it in context of history. Something else I've been boning up on is what happens, what has happened during some of the scariest historical times we've had here and then the next closest one. And I don't mean to prognosticate anything here, but World War Two obviously was a reshuffling of the deck in terms of how the world gets along with each other. Nineteen forty one, the S and P five hundred was down somewhere between ten and fifteen percent. That was when we first stepped into that fray, and the unknown became the talk of the day.
Speaker 1: We have no idea what's coming out of this.
Speaker 10: Nineteen forty two, forty three, forty four, and forty five were each up a minimum of fifteen to twenty percent. So if you own stocks through that entire period, you did just fine. You weren't comfortable, you weren't happy, but you didn't lose money.
Speaker 1: I did not know that. That's interesting.
Speaker 10: It's kind of mine, Bob, and think about it, because all that means when wherever we have craziness, we don't root for this stuff. But generally speaking, American companies historically have been the best ever at figuring out about how to profit off of something. So remember the stories from World War Two about how factories pivoted to making instead of cars, they were making tanks. Instead of we're creating tires, they were making treads for the equipment we needed overseas. It's just a catalyst the market will pivot to wherever the profits can be made. We saw the same thing when COVID kicked in and everybody had to go out by a second set of computers to take home so we can all work from home. We all never heard of zoom before. Now zoom is pretty much uiquitous I'm looking at you on it right now. These are just that create an opportunity for somebody to make money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I guess the other component is when Trump announced these tariffs. And I'm not sure there's a direct straight line you can draw, but a lot of very major businesses, you know, large multi billion dollar companies, including autobile manufacturers, So they're going to start moving some production here. And that's exactly the point Trump was trying to accomplish the return of American manufacturing jobs. And maybe it'll it'll bear fruit. I guess the question is when you look at the component parts of these American autobiles, as we just talked about, can we get those component parts to return or be manufactured here, and if so, how long would something like that take and how long will it or how much will it cost?
Speaker 10: As you always point out that we are an expensive place to produce anything because we've got an awful lot of rules and things in place.
Speaker 1: Some of that is being dismantled right now.
Speaker 10: You know, there were some announcements made over the weekend about some steps he's taken to weekend unions, some first shots fired across the valle at the labor market here in the United States. That's not necessarily going to go well because a lot of those people were his supporters and they're having some of the rugs pulled out from under them. But if we're going to manufacture parts here, and this is all about making the United States more profitable, he's got to look at the cost of good soul. What does it cost to produce this stuff? If just bringing the jobs back on shore isn't the only step that's true.
Speaker 1: That is true, and we know all day long it's impossible to even the playing field from a production cost standpoint when you are dealing with countries that have just practically dictatorial control over the working conditions, and quite often they're poor and the people do not get paid very much. So that in and of itself is kind of a It's a drag on doing business in the United States. That's why everybody moved over to China for so long. We can give you embraced China as a trading partner. They have inexpensive labor and they're welcoming. They're happy to open manufacturing facilities and get that the skids greazed for that, and then next thing you know, we find that we're not making anything here when it all hits a fan, like during the pandemic that was a frightened wi cold water does to reality. I think I'd rather pay more for something if knowing that it was made here and that we have a steady supply of it, you know, then I have to rely on what might very well be our arch enemy in a conflict to make it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think philosophically you'd have a lot of people agreeing with that. But on the other hand, the market and the price of any given stock is based off of how profitable can that company be going forward. Philosophically we can say, yeah, I want to buy stuff from here, but that's going to have an impact on the price as well.
Speaker 1: All right, well, we'll stop contemplating our navels. We'll bring Brian James back. Talk a little bit about futures dropping among the tariffiars and people. I guess from a good stand thing they're adding to their rainy day fund, which I'm gonna guess Brian James thinks is a good idea. More with money Monday's Brian James. After I mentioned my dear friends at Bud Herbert Motors get in touch with but Herbert for all the lawn equipment you need. They have the best. They only carry world class brands. John, they got ex Mark mower, Steel Handa power equipment. That's where I got my professional level Honda push mower, last one I'll ever have to buy. It's built that well. Said the Herbert family. You will be working with a Herbert family member, so they're going to make sure you get the right piece of lawn equipment that you're looking for. There know everything there is to know about the equipment that they sell, delivered to your door, and they service what they sell. You can't get that kind of service from a box store. And I had a terrible box store experience, which is why I'm so pleased that a good friend of mine steer me to Bud Herbert Motors. And that's why I'm blessed to be in a position to steer you to Bud Herbert Motors. Tell the Herbert family, Brian said, Hi, when you get in touch with them, you can do it two ways. Go to Budebertmotors dot com. Budherbertmotors dot com five four one thirty two ninety one Fifth generation family on An operated five one three five four one thirty two ninety one.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC are.
Speaker 1: Your nineteenth if you've have KERCD talk station. Brian Thomas Swift all worse financials. Brian James doing money Monday, continuing our discussion, a little bit about future here. Just pulled up the Wall Street Journal's web page and dows down about zero point sixty seven. Future wise, it looks like one point down for SMP five hundred, NASDAC about almost a point and a half, and the headline upper left hand corner global stocks slump as concerns mount over US tariffs. Brian was he not there anymore? I don't see his little photograph in the pickup or the box there. Joe, Okay, he's not there. He disappeared. Brian James went running and hiding. I don't know what happened to him anyway. Apparently, US Savings Rates wrote in Rose in February, for the second straight month, Americans rebuilding their rainy day funds after the holiday shopping season. It's the article that he provided me for my insight in your edification. Savings rates up to four point six percent last month from four point three in January and only three point three in December. They say a low savings right usually means consumers would have to reduce spending at some point to rebuild their savings, which slows the economy. So the current savings rate below normal but not accessively so arranged from about five to six percent in a decade before the pandemic. So and I've always heard that, you know, from a financial standing plan point, you know, try to sock away some money to cover you for the rainy day. You never know when it's going to hit the fan. I had a friend of mine just lost his job the other day. I think it was unanticipated, but it does happen. So making sure you have some money socked away. And I'm not sure the amount. One of the things I wanted to ask Brian was how many months worth of daily savings or our money you should have socked away in that savings account. Anyhow? Is that him back again, Joe? You're trying to get a hold of him, all right, Well, you kind of got me off guard. I know it's not your fault, Joe, because he just kind of disappeared but left me without a topic. So I thought we'd be filling up this half of an hour anyway, one thing. I did what I get to since we were talking about Democrats and their policies and not seem to be able to articulate any strategy to deal with Republicans other than scream and yell and pull their hair out over really things that don't make any sense. Kind of a theme this morning out on the heels of that ridiculous Tesla protest. Elon Musk isn't a fascist, it's definitionally he's the polar opposite of it. Brian was talking about that reducing rules and regulations. That's what stagnates an economy, it slows it down, and those rules and regulations are telling you how to run your business. That's what fascists do. So when you've got an administration that's in there that's doing its best to get rid of the burden of ridiculous regulations, you are dealing with an administration that is the polar opposite of fascism. So get your definition straight and try to make some sense of why going after Elon Musk and Tesla's makes any sense whatsoever. I Brian there, I was.
Speaker 13: Looking at you and hearing you the whole time, and we just got done talking about how great zoom was and what a catalyst it was, and then here we go, so.
Speaker 14: I think that I'll take the falter jinxing.
Speaker 1: Then I go, that's okay. I'm glad he came back. I was just getting rid of launch into another discussion about the politics when we find ourselves. But as I was mentioned, thinking we were going to be talking about the global stock slamp, concerns mount over US tariff. Just an update on the Wall Street Journal. Across the board, you know, futures are down. The worst down right now is NASDAC at one and a half, but the rest of them are down about a point, maybe a little bit under dal Jones Industrials this point seventy three.
Speaker 17: So this is just.
Speaker 1: Didn't they factor in the market already that these these tariffs are going to kick in?
Speaker 14: Brian, Yeah, and that's why we've seen the volatility. Remember we get we're having lately, we're having.
Speaker 13: About two days of down one percent, you know, down one one and a half percent, and then we'll be down three percent and then we get a chunk of it back because the market will decide that they're something out there, some shiny object that it likes, and it'll bring it back, So we are anticipating these these tariffs kicking in, and then we are celebrating what it looks like they're not going to kick in tomorrow. At some level of this, Brian is going to be saber rattling because it is a negotiation tactic. Remember what Donald Trump thinks, he's the best in the world at that's making a deal. So a lot of this is I'm going to do something terrible to you in a month unless you act the way that I want you to act. And in some cases he's getting some concessions there. Remember our first very first discussion about this, probably a month and a half ago, where the tariffs that they were they were going to levy against Canada that went away overnight, became something else as the negotiation continued. But the way he stated it at the very outset of the discussion is very different from what's happening now. So some of this is saber rattling by both sides. No country on the face of the Earth can afford to completely seclude itself.
Speaker 14: From the rest of the world.
Speaker 13: Now that our every every company's customer base is the entire planet, so there won't be any endgame. We are just going to take our ball and go home and only sell to American customers.
Speaker 14: That is not possible.
Speaker 1: Right on one of my favorite movies, Costablanca, one of the lines isolationism is no longer a practical foreign policy, And I think that's certainly the case in matters of business, international business and real quick I read the article in the savings rates have gone, people who are like putting, you know, replenishing their savings accounts. As a financial planner, is there a certain and I don't mean a dollar figure, but based upon one's earnings and one's living expenses, is there a certain number of months worth of money that is recommended to sock away just in case.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I think that's a great important discussion to have.
Speaker 12: And for people who are.
Speaker 13: Who lead really really simple lives and there's not a whole lot going on at the moment, I would a minimum of three months. I would say more like six months. If you've got kids and a mortgage in the mix, and you have two jobs, you know, two high paying jobs, that kind of thing you might want to look at more like twelve months, because something crazy like that could have significant amount of impact on your situation. One thought I would throw out there. I believe personally the ideal savings rate is zero percent.
Speaker 14: The reason I say that is.
Speaker 13: Because it should have been planned for a long time ago, and if you've got that kind of money socked aside, you don't need to be putting more into it. So I have not changed my savings rate in probably two decades, because we solved the emergency prone problem a while ago, and ever since then I focused on getting kids through college and our retirement.
Speaker 12: And so forth.
Speaker 14: I don't believe you need to put.
Speaker 13: Cash into your savings account every single month. If you're already there, it's just piling more money aside, and.
Speaker 1: It's not invested, I mean, other than bank interest rate, which we all know doesn't pay very much compared to what your yields might be in the market investment.
Speaker 9: Exactly.
Speaker 13: I want to make sure people didn't hear me, did not just hear me say that you don't need an emergency count.
Speaker 14: The point us to know what you need and then know when you've accomplished a goal so that you can move on to the next goal.
Speaker 1: But that's if first order of business in terms of establishing a financial plan is to get that base amount away so you can then invest cam I right on that that is.
Speaker 13: The oil in the engine, because we can do magic with the long term investments. But when the ship goes sideways, is it occasionally will you lose your job or you know, the stock market takes a chunk away a lot of times, some of those that happened all at the same time.
Speaker 14: You have to have something to keep you afloat, or you'll have to dip.
Speaker 13: Into your long term savings, which probably are taking a bit of a hit at the moment. That what I'm describing is pretty much happening right now. People are getting laid off and they're having to sell at a loss to cover the bills because they didn't have an emergency fund.
Speaker 1: And then there's you know, the danger of having to pay you know, the taxes and the penalties and things like that by tapping into your four h one K. So try to avoid that, get that savings padded really well, and then you can exhale and just watch your investments grow. Brian James, Monday, Monday, I appreciate all Worth Financial loaning you out. Sorry for the glitch there, but we got back on track and got the information out for my listeners. I'll look forward to talking to you again next week. I hope you have a wonderful week, my friend, have a good week talking next Monday, eight twenty seven, fifty five care see de talk station, don't go away, local stories, Maybe kick a couple of phone calls before we get too Ira Melman, who's going to do a Borders in Immigration Empower Youth seminar. He's joining the program at eight forty. Looking forward to him and him on the show.
Speaker 2: Be right back fifty five krc oh.
Speaker 1: Jennin with the forecast, a break from the rain. Happy about that.
Speaker 3: So we've got overcast guys today with the high fifty four overnight down to thirty five clouds, will decrease, sunny skies tomorrow with the high fifty six forty six overnight with just a few clouds, and then a warmer, windy Wednesday with going all the way up to seventy seven fifty one degrees.
Speaker 1: Right now, let's hear about traffic from.
Speaker 7: The uc Hout Traffic Center. Don't let injury slow you down. The u S Health orthopedic sends quotes. Medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule the same day appointment at u see health dot com. Cruiser're working with the wreck he's found one twenty nine the southbound seventy five ramp that traffic is just about backed up to seven forty seven. Sounds like they're going to divert hut traffic to Cincinnati Daton Road in order to get things moving again. Northbound seventy five that continues to run over a fifteen minute delay between Donaldson and downtown. Chuck Ingramot to defied Kroc the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's a thirty one to fifty five KRCV talk station being a happy Monday. Five three seven nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three talk oh Tom five fifty on et and T punds. Hey if you care to call otherwise. Got some local stories here the East Palestine train dearrailment. They got a trial today. Norfolk Southern wants two other companies to help them pay for the six hundred million dollar class action lawsuits settlement over the twenty twenty three trained arralment. So the railroad fial motion to that sets the goats trial today to try and force the railcar owner, a company called GATX, and then also the chemical manufacturer on Oxyvinyls to share the cost of the settlement. Norfolk Southern believes those two companies are partly responsible. U This does not impact any and in any way the amount of money the residents were received. Simply a question of where the money's going to come from, So this only impacts which company has to write a check to pay for the class action settlement. Norfolk Southern lost a similar lawsuit for the environmental cleanup that they had to pay a billion dollars. Norfolk Southern was on the hook for a billion dollars, so they tried to force GATX and oxy Vinyls to help pony up for that and they lost, so it's probably riding on the wall for them. Norfolk Southern argues that GATX bears some responsibility for the derailment because it owned the railcar that was filled with plastic pellets that caused the derailment. That's the one that had the bearing that caught on fire. And they believe oxy Vinyl should pay because the railroad says chemical manufacturer provided inconsistent and inaccurate information about its vinyl chloride before officials decided to release and burn it, which is obviously what led to the billion dollars worth of cleanup that had to happen. Both GATX and oxy vinyls so it will be ridiculous to hold them responsible for the derailment because Norfolk Southern operated and inspected the train and all the cars, as well as was responsible for delivering their cargoes safely. GATX said it complied with all relevant regulations for taking care of its cars. They said, even if the car had been damaged years earlier, because it sat in the middle of floodwaters from Hurricane Harvey, the railroad should have spotted the problem and repaired it. NTSB said the crash was caused by the failure of an overheating bearing. Now, the railroad sensor spotted the overheating, but it didn't reach a critical temperature and trigger and alarm until just before the derailment, so they had very little time to stop the train and we all know what happened after that. Norfolk Southern is the one that recommended the vent and burn operation that released the vinyl chloride into everybody's homes and neighborhoods. But the claim the claim is that they had had beforehand suggested that chemical reaction could happen and caused the tank cars to to explode. However, National Transportation and Safety Board confirmed in its investigation that it was unnecessary to release all that stuff into the air because the tank cars were starting to cool off, and the railroad failed to listen to advice from oxyvinals experts or share their opinions with officials who made the decision. So trial again kicks off the day it's expected to last a couple of weeks. Immigrations and Custom agents arrested two people working at a construction site at the Butler County Jail this week. Sheriff Richard Jones announced via social media the two subcontractors work on a construction project at the jail arrested by ICE officials. They were arrested after deputies reviewed their identification, which included a driver's license, passport, and social security guard before entering the jail's construction site. According to the press release in the Sheriff's office, upon further review of the documents, it was determined that the two workers were in fact illegal aliens. An ICE agent conducted the interviews with the two individuals, who admitted that they were in the United States illegally. Constructions company that hired the two subcontractors believed their documents were authentic, according to Sheriff Jones, but he is warning employers to be cautious. So there are fake documents out there, and you know Elon Musk getting rid of this live so security numbers. We got time for that one, Jeff, No no way, Sorry, Jay apologize. We got Ira Melman coming up waiting in the wings Power Youth Seminar on borders and immigrations. We'll hear a little bit about that coming up next.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Stage.
Speaker 1: Janna nine. One of forecasts. We've got overcast skies today, no rain, fifty four for the high clouds decrease over night, thirty five for fifty six are high tomorrow, sunny skies, a few clouds every night down to forty six and a seventy seven high on Wednesday. Also, this is going to be windy as well, at least there's no rain there. Fifty one degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update. Chuck from the UCUF Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: Don't let injuries slogan you dow dow the UC Health Orthopedic Sandsports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule US same day appointment at uc health dot com. They're diverting traffic eastbound one twenty nine off at Cincinnati Dayton Road thanks to a wreck. Before you got the seventy five southbound seventy five breakwads continue through walkmud northbound slows between Donaldson and Downtown, then again between Mitchell and Town Street. Shot ingram on fifty five KRE scene the talk station.
Speaker 1: A thirty nine I fifty five Krcity talk station Jay. If you want to call back, phone lines are open. Couldn't reach Iram Melman. Joe tried multiple times. He's not answering his phone. Doesn't mean it's not an important seminar taking place tomorrow night, seven pm. We must prevent future administrations from opening our borders. So he's the media director for Federation of American Immigration Reform FARE and he's going to be discussing the impact of the open borders during the Biden administration, reviewed policy changes that Trump has made in the first over months or first months of his administration, how they've substantially curb mass illegal immigration, which clearly they have. And he'll also talk about legislation that has to be passed to prevent future administration from implementing an open borders policy. You know, this is something that the Republicans and Democrats are going to get together on, and you'd think they would given that, you know, they're talking about Democrats not having really a vision for their party. Maybe they should embrace something the vast majority of American people want, which is secure borders. You know, briefs bring some sense of logic and reason of the borders process, you know, make it easier to deny people access to our country since our social welfare state is collapsing under its own weight, let alone the weight of additional twenty million or so people coming in. So empower you America dot org can register and watch from the it's a virtual only it apparently, so register to attend virtually empower you America dot org for that one. So it should be a fascinating discussion. And I just the Democrats keep going back to Donald Trump stopped the legislation that would have solved the problem. The legislation that had been proposed at the time did not stop the problem. It just enshrined it. The sort of open borders reality So anyhow five one three, seven, nine fifty five eight hundred eight two three talk, there's Jay, Jay, Thanks for calling back, my friend. Welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 17: Hey, thanks, Brian.
Speaker 15: Hey one or two point out that I had heard recently that Trump had put out a warning to the automakers and said, you guys better not raise your prices because of these tariffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I thought that's what communists did. I think that's what conservatives did, was to set the prices and all the rest of it. I understand why he's doing it, but I really think the optics are terrible. So I got a better idea for him. Why doesn't he tell the automakers. Look, I understand I'm putting pressure on your on your cost of your products. So I'm going to get us out of the cafe standards, and which means corporate average fuel efficiency standards that have been in place under the EPA. So the EPA. So as a result, for the listeners, what this means is, if you're Ford and you're making pickup trucks and SUVs that maybe get seventeen twenty twenty five miles to the gallon, the federal government says none, no, no, no, your average fuel efficiency for the fleet that you make for your product needs to be pick a number thirty five. So that forces them to make evs whether anybody wants to buy them or not. And then it also requires them to purchase carbon offset credits from Tesla or other EV manufacturers, so they'll have to give their profit to EV manufacturers to allow them to stay in business, which is a really bad idea. So maybe Trump ought to say, cafe standards are no more. We're going to let the free market decide what you want to buy, and therefore on shackle the hands of Ford and GM and whoever that you don't have to make these these EV's that are stacking up that nobody wants to buy, just to stay in business.
Speaker 14: Isn't that a better idea?
Speaker 1: I agree? I agree completely. And also then we won't have to pay incentives for you'd go out and buy evs in the form of tax incentives like seventy five hundred dollars, go and buy an e Geto a Knox, you know, on the on the taxpayer expense. You're doing something you might otherwise do because well, it makes that vehicle become affordable artificially, so to at great expense of the American economy. So I agree.
Speaker 15: And do you know what's odd is I got to be a little bit if I was to be honest with the right wing media. Sometimes when Trump says stuff like that, and I'm a fan of Breitbart and Newsmax and some other right wing media that that I think this gets it right more than wrong. The silence on our side sometimes when Trump does something like this is disappointing. It's it's okay to call him out when he does something wrong and to be as critical. Could you imagine if Joe Biden did that, our side would be on fire. And sometimes I think our side can be just as slanted as the left whenever they refuse to call it out for.
Speaker 8: What it is.
Speaker 15: But when a sitting president tells private businesses, you better not raise your price based on this thing I did, something's out of balance.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it needs it needs to be addressed.
Speaker 1: I certainly appreciate your point on that, and I guess the only thing that I find it fault in that is when you recognize forty to sixty percent of a domestic produced automobile comes packed full is with four is foreign parts, and if the manufacturer is going to have to pay more for those parts to go into their domestically manufactured cars. They're going to have to raise the price if they're going to maintain some level of comparable level of profitability. So him to tell him to do that runs counter to the business reality that they're going to be facing because they're going to have to pay twenty let's say, twenty five percent more for wiring, harnesses or whatever other foreign manufactured part that's going into the car.
Speaker 15: And why just automakers, Why not air conditioner manufacturers? There anybody else making anything out of the loan?
Speaker 11: The luminum his steel, right, No, it's auto makers.
Speaker 15: It said, don't you guys raise your prices, which, now again we have government picking winners and losers, which I thought we voted against.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, just because Donald Trump tells them he doesn't want them to raise their prices doesn't mean that they have to listen to him. It isn't a law or an edict or regulation that's been passed.
Speaker 14: But I fully I understand.
Speaker 15: There's a lot of influence there coming out of the Oval Office, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well you know, and listen, autobile manufacturers and their unions got him elected so I mean he does owe them something right back again, and they may take their ball with them the next election and you know, go back to the Democrats.
Speaker 8: So he work for them, not the.
Speaker 15: Other way around. He needs to remember that he's not the CEO anymore.
Speaker 8: He works for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you all day on that one.
Speaker 12: Jay.
Speaker 1: Good to hear from me, Man, Thanks for calling back. I got one more segment coming up. Eight forty five fifty five cares that the talks day shall be right back KRC. Thinking about one more time. For the weather, we have overcast guys today and fifty four be the high. No rain, no rain every night either. Clouds decrease thirty five for the low sunny day tomorrow with the high of fifty six, few clouds every night forty six. And Wednesday to morrow we after seventy seven degrees. It'll be windy though, so no rain fifty Right now, it's time for final traffics from the UCLP Traffic Center. Don't let injuries slow you down.
Speaker 9: The UC Health.
Speaker 7: Orthopedic sandsports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule U same day appointment at uc health dot com. They're diverting traffic eastbound one twenty nine off at Cincinnati Dayton Road thanks to a wreck before you got the seventy five southbound seventy five breakwads continue through walkmunt northbound slows between Donaldson and Downtown, then again between Mitchell and Town Street.
Speaker 1: Shot ingram Mon fifty five K scene the talk station Hey forty nine about cair Ce talk station Happy Monday Tomorrow inside scoop at break bart noon, the Daniel Davis deep dive talking about tariffs, and you go back to Ontario Premier Doug Ford Rember he threatened twenty five percent retaliation of American energy exports because we import a lot of energy from Canada. And there's a great op ed by a guy named Mark Osterich, and I just read a couple segments of it to give you an indication of how stupid and insane all of this is. He's a founding part of a nonprofit consulting from Crane and Gray and an editor of the daily energy newsletter Grid Brief. Anyway, he points out in twenty twenty forty US imported twenty seven thousand, two hundred gigawatt hours of electricity from Canada, which is enough to cover twenty percent of New York supplier fifteen percent of New England's total winter load because we made building new power plants here nearly impossible and incentivized imported power through regulatory loopholes that allow us to ignore any emissions that happened outside the US. They don't count export emissions import virtue. Meanwhile, domestic energy projects in the Northeast stalls butter or collapse. We're sitting on four hundred and sixty nine billion tons of coal, two point nine trillion cubic feet of gas, and centuries of nuclear fuel. But in the US, building power plants now requires a legal team. In decades of hearings, we've turned power generation into a theater of guilt. We're producing energy in the United States is too sinful to permit, but importing it from somewhere else lets us feel purer. It's not policy, it's penance. In twenty one, New York shut down the Indian Point Nuclear Plant, one of its last sources of zero emissions base load power. Same year, the state began ramping up electricity imports from Canada to fill the gap seven thousand, six hundred gigawatt hours. Specifically, hydro electric power couldn't alone handle the demand, so Ontario's gas plants fired up to meet the demand, releasing an estimated one million tons of carbon dioxide, which is plant food. Because as emission occurred outside of the northern border, New York claimed to drop in its own energy sector emissions, and that's the game. When Canada's hydro facilities Canada Gas hydro faulters. Canada Gas steps in, but the emissions vanish on US climate ledgers. Vermont, importing over eighty percent of its electricity, Massachusetts and much of the rest of New England operate from the same playbook. The great operators they belong to imports around fifteen percent of its winter peak from Canada. When hydro output dropped eighteen percent due to drought, gas peaker plants and fossil fuels save the day. In twenty twenty three, alone, utilities in Quebec, Ontario New Brunswick generated an estimated thirteen point four million metric tons of carbon dioxide planted, none of which appear on the emissions ledgers of states Massachusetts and Vermont, despite their heavy reliance on imported power from those provinces. Meanwhile, the twelve hundred megawat Commonwealth wind project was canceled outright after the developer paid a fifty million dollars penalty to walk away due to well the financial infeasibility and permitting delays. This is not a glitch in the system. It is the system. I love this. A nineteen ninety nine rule made up and pulls out of someone's finer by the Environmental Protection Agency allows state to treat imported electricity as emissions free, regardless of how it's generated. It's a convenient accounting trick that lets politicians hit climate targets without reducing actual emissions. The same time. Domestic energy projects face a labyrinth of legal, regulatory, and activist roadblocks thanks to laws like Title VIV of the Clean Air Act and permitting system, and a permitting system that treats any new infrastructure as a threat until proven otherwise. We build a political culture that worships the optics of clean energy while punishing the act of actually producing it. Across the Northeast, domestic energy projects don't you just struggle. They're buried Offshore wind collapses under lawsuits over fishing rights and ocean views. Small modular reactors gather dust in regulatory limbo pipelines are killed over and wetlands nuclear plants drowning litigation. In twenty sixteen, New York vetoed the Constitution pipeline, leaving the Marcellus Shale untapped. Two years later, during a brutal colt snap, Massachusetts imported liquefied natural gas from Russia rather than lay pipe from Pennsylvania. A proposed forty two megawat biomass plant in Springfield, Massachusetts, was blocked on a technicality in twenty twenty one, after years of permit delays and concerns over environmental justice. Clean local energy was too controversial. Imported emission no comment. Altogether, the region has canceled enough projects to generate forty two thousand gigawat hours annually, more than fifty percent above the power that we imported from Canada in twenty twenty four. We're not out of energy. We've just outlawed reality. We pretend it's progress, We pretend the air is cleaner. We pretend that exporting emissions is environmentalism. It's not. It's theater for climate lobbies, campaigns, soundbites, and activists who measure success in press releases, not power output, the emissions remain, only the guilt is outsourced. So No, Ford's teriff threat isn't the story. It's just a headline. The real story is what made that threat possible. Our addiction to imported virtue, our refusal to build in a regulatory culture that punishes the very act of producing energy. We're not short on power, which is too sanctimonious to generate it amen exclamation point. And that's just Canada generating power view with their gas plants. Meanwhile, China and their coal plants providing us with all the parts and component parts that go into domestic automobiles as well as electric vehicles, which the climate left would love you to drive, unless, of course, it's a tessela, in which case you're an EZ. Does this all makeing sense to you? No, it doesn't. Eight fifty five fifty five cars the talk station Christopher Smith and Smith havent right there on the podcast page fifty five kre se dot com. Of course, also Tomorrow Breitbart and Daniel Davis Deep Dive. Thank you Joe Strecker for helping me out on a Monday. Got a couple of stumbles, but we got through it fine because you always appreciate what you do. Folks have a wonderful day. Stick around glenmbex up next.
Speaker 2: News happens fast, Stay up to date At the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: We're moving very quickly at fifty five KRC the talk station this report is