Speaker 1: It's with Dan Ray. I'm telling you easy Boston News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, well, the Trump administration has now been in office for seven days plus ten hours, so believe it.
Speaker 3: In a week, there's one hundred and sixty eight hours. I once figured that out seven.
Speaker 2: Times twenty four.
Speaker 3: That doesn't sound right though, seven times twenty four. Yeah, that's it, that's right, seven times twenty four. Let me double check that here real quickly when they carry too. Yeah, one's sixty eight okay, and you got to add ten now. So it's been in less than two hundred hours.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And we have seen a lot of executive water signed and all of that. But the area where the Trump administration has probably made the most impact the first week is these immigration rates across the country, including some arrest here in Boston. So Newsweek magazine is reporting that there have been arrests into or raids made in places like San Francisco, in Colorado, in Denver, Denver, Colorado, and also I believe in Aurora, Colorado, in Saint Paul, Minnesota, in Chicago, Illinois, in Boston, and in New York, I guess, also in Newark, New Jersey, Buffalo, New York, and down in Miami, and I think I saw some numbers today that suggested that through the weekend there was somewhere around twenty nine hundred people who had been arrested. Now, each case is different, but the people who are currently being apprehended by ICE officials are people who were obviously known to ICE officials, and many, in many cases are people who had some pretty significant criminal backgrounds. So, for example, in San Francisco, agents reportedly arrest the Mexican man convicted of sexual exploitation of a child. In Denver, a couple of members a couple of men convicted of continuous sexual abuse of child aged fourteen or younger. In Saint Paul, two men convicted of third degree criminal sexual conduct with a minor. In Chicago, multiple people arrested in the Chicago suburbs that the source on that is ABC News in Chicago. In Buffalo, a man arrested convicted of rape, another one convicted of sexual conduct against the child. In New York, Salvador MS thirteen gang member, Jamaican citizen who arrested for sexual exploitation of a minor, and a Hunduran citizen with a drunk driving conviction. In Boston alleged MS thirteen gang member arrested. Now for some reason. Also, I guess in Puerto Rico, they've arrested and alleged alien of the Dominican Republic was arrested in by a moon Puerto Rico chruns with domestic violence. Officers also arrested a second person. Obviously, Puerto Rico is a protectorate of the United States. So the big dispute of the weekend which caught my eye was for the first time, late last week you saw people who had been arrested and were being deported were loaded onto American military aircraft and some have been flown I guess to Guatemala, and there were two planes headed to Colombia, and I guess the president of Columbia, who I did not know his name, I must tell you his name is Gustavo Patrol. Petrol. He's apparently a socialist, doesn't particularly like Donald Trump, which is because a lot of Americans that don't particularly like Donald Trump. Apparently he initially said, no, we're not going to take any repatriating repatriation flights. According again to USA Today, he was upset that the Trump administration were treating Colombian migrants also actually people who were here illegally, aliens like criminals, and he was upset by the images of his countrymen in handcuffs. He said this again a court to USA Today. He said his country would not accept deportation flights from the US unless migrants are treated with the dignity that a human being deserves. So Donald Trump said very quickly, these measures are just beginning. He posted on Sunday, we will not allow the Colombian government to violate its legal obligations with regard to the acceptance and return of the criminals they forced into the United States. So at that point Trump, President Trump also said that he would impose a tariff. He had also prevent Colombian officials from coming to the United States on visas, and he was cracking down. The President of Colombia, in turn, got tough and said, well, he was going to put a tariff. He ordered his trade minister to increase Columbia's tariffs on US goods by twenty five percent. According to the USA Today article that I'm reading, the tip for tat came as Trump is seeking to aggressively act on his promise of mass deportations of immigrants in the country illegally. During this first week in office, Trump declared a national emergency at the US Mexico border and ordered US troops to carry out deportations. He goes Patro, the president of Columbia, the US cannot treat Colombian migrants as criminals. Wrote in a Sunday morning series of posts on X, I deny the entry of American planes carrying Colombian migrants into our territory. The United States must establish a protocol for the dignified treatment of migrants before we received them. So they were challenged, the challenges and threats made back and forth, and lo and behold Now, according to Secretary of State Marco Rubio, Colombian President Patro has authorized flights and provided all needed authorizations and then canceled his authorization when the planes were in the air, as demonstrated by today's actions, are on wavering in our commitment and I legal immigration in bolster American security. Well, apparently the president of Columbia has caved and basically said, Okay, it's a little unclear to me if he is going to send his planes to pick up his migrants or if he's going to allow US planes to apply his migrants home. But obviously the migrants on these planes, many of whom are dangerous individuals, they are handcuffed or shackled because you don't want them to be taking over an airplane. I mean, that's understandable. And on this one, you've got to put a w in Donald Trump's column. The Colombian president climbed out on a limb, said you do this, We'll do that, back and forth, and Donald Trump basically stared him down. This guy caved. Now, I don't don't know if that sets a precedent for other countries. I think it's going to be interesting how all of this transpires. My question is pretty simple, and I ask I like to ask simple questions and get direct answers. I don't understand. I really don't understand. The law says, if you are here illegally and you commit a serious crime, you're subject to deportation. That's what the law says. And the law refers to the folks who are here illegally as illegal aliens. So the federal statutes say, I don't understand why anyone, even Governor of Massachusetts mar Healey says we're not a sanctuary state, and she has said as recently as last week that we will cooperate with ICE. Massachusetts will cooperate with ICE if they try to apprehend individuals who were here legally and have committed serious crimes. Now, it just is common sense. If you were out there tonight and you feel that somehow these actions which President Trump has ordered under the direction of Tom Holman's are some or Homan are somehow cruel and unusual or something and unconstitutional. I guess I don't know what the argument is. I really do not understand that. So I'm going to invite those of you who would like to acknowledge that I think, in terms of this stare down with the Columbian president, President Trump and the Trump administration have won. Or if you're somebody who really feels like the minister who spoke the other day down at the National Cathedral towards President Trump, I mean, I think there language was inappropriate, absolutely inappropriate. But if you want to talk about her, we'll We'll just open this conversation up six seven, four ten thirty, six seven nine three, one ten thirty. Come on right back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan Ray Live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ news radio, just.
Speaker 2: Reading out of the New York Times from earlier today. Several immigration advocacy groups in Illinois filed a lawsuit against ICE last week attempting to prohibit the agency from conducting certain immigration operations in Chicago. The lawsuit asserted that the Trump administration was curtailing free speech through its deportation threats and targeting Chicago because of its sanctuary city status. Throw that case out of court. How are you curtailing free speech through its deportation threats? This is where the left just losing it, just losing it. According to The Times, Tom Holm and mister Trump's votas are set on Sunday yesterday that the operation in Chicago, which was focused on public safety threats with a criminal background, had resulted in some arrests, though he did not specify how many. They included members of the Venzuelan gang trend Diagua, and individuals with sexual offenses, some of whom he said had been convicted of other crimes. I just think that maybe there's someone out there who can make the case to me why these raids should not occur and why people and again, if you want to call them sweeps, you want to call them raids out of there's no definition that I know of in any dictionary which says that a raid in order to be categorized as a raid, you have to have x numbers of arrests, or in order to have a sweep, it's x numbers of arrests. Obviously, the Times is reporting, and I think the number was yesterday. There were nine hundred and fifty six arrest around the country on Sunday. That's a lot of people for one day. That's a lot of people. Let me go to Rashid in Dorchester. Rashid, you were first this hour on Nightside. How are you, sir?
Speaker 5: I'm well, Dan. Lots of cover here, huh yeah, there are, I mean.
Speaker 2: A lot of loop moving parts. And also it's pretty apparent to me that ICE is not being particularly forthcoming, which is frustrating in terms of the number of arrests and in what communities those arrests are being effectuated.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I think they're doing a good job. I don't know if you've seen the short that they did on Fox News in Boston when they were doing the raids. It was quite funny, I mean, especially when they caught the guy that they were seeking, and then they found another guy that was there illegally and they just were like, Oh, it's collateral. I mean the way I view this is I think it's a step in the in the right direction. Uh, we're back, Dan. And what I mean by that is, you've seen what happened with Columbia. This is this is how we're going to be operating. This is how a superpower and a leader operates. You know, you're going to take back your people that are here coming crimes, and if you don't, we're going to tear if you, we're going to sanction you. We're going to pull the visas from your family members and governments coming into this country. I think he just threatened China with the same thing, and this is what we have to do. It's great, this is this is America. We're back Dan.
Speaker 2: Right. But let me let me ask you the let me ask you this for Sheet, as someone who is a longtime supporter of President you know, Trump and also candidate Trump, why would Ice not feel inappropriate to at the end of the day, Uh, give a sort of a a running list of Okay, we made x numbers of arrest around the country. We were functioning in You don't have to tell me where you're going to be tomorrow, but why not? You know, just like when you get up in the morning, you read the newspaper. I go to the sports page, to the Bruins win. How did the Celtics do they're on the West Coast. I went to sleep before the end of the game. Had the Red Sox picked up another right handed batter? Or what what are the Patriots doing? Who's who did the rabel just hire as assistant coaches? I don't need to have you tell me the day before we're gonna we're gonna raid this this community, uh, in this section of that town. No, that puts your your personnel in danger. But I just don't get the theory, the strategy to to sit on information. It makes it sound, it makes it sound too secretive. I mean, if if this is what the Trump administration is going to do, which they have every right to do, they should be proud of it, and they should they should publicize and say, look, we we arrested X numbers of people, uh, certain numbers of them have been convicted of this type of crime, certain numbers of this type of crime. I think the Herald has an interesting story tomorrow morning. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: They're do well on if you follow the ICE page on Twitter, they're posting every day how many people they have arrested and how many people have been launched. So I don't know regarding if they're going into the detail about Okay, we arrested ten people who are legally here from Columbia, or or we arrested five people that all had sexual uh they were sexual predators. But they're they're putting out the numbers and they're doing the best they can. I think that a lot of us where where we have high expectations for the mass deportations, but I think realistically ICE doesn't have the money nor the personnel. I mean, they just deputized all the other federal agencies, from the FBI to the US Marshals to everybody else to participate in the and and the deportation. But you know, if they're really going to go mass scale, I think people have to expect the military to get in involved with it, like Eisenhower did in the fifties. But I mean, I don't know if it's going to go to that level. But they are logging again, I don't know if they're giving it in the detail that you would like, but it's definitely what I would like to say.
Speaker 2: Here's what I would like to see that that if they're making if they're taking people into custody for the purpose of deporting them, I think that it's only reasonable for ICE. And again, they're not doing it in such numbers at this point that are overwhelming. It looks to me like they've done about twenty eight hundred arrests in the first few days. I simply think that at the end of every given any given day, they could say, Okay, in Chicago, the following people were arrested. You know, you know Robert Smith, he was you know, he was arrested, uh in the country illegally guilty of this, so that people can see what's going on, because what happens is that the other side is now saying, oh, they're going to arrest kids in school, and they're going to arrest uh, you know, priests and nuns and you know the you know, the the left is so much more effective at at basically controlling the narrative, even when ICE is in charge of the narrative. That's all I'm saying. If you're doing it be proud of it so that that people can see that, hey, it is. It is a group of bad people that are being deported, people who shouldn't be here. And because that's the people in the middle, and you give it as i'll call it, hits, runs and errors. You know, just get how many got arrested, how many different category crimes, or give us the cities. Don't tell me where you're going tomorrow. I don't want to put your your guys in your guys and gals in danger. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But I think when it comes to the left, I don't think we have to we got to stop with the media capitulation. I think that's kind of one of.
Speaker 2: The Rashid was I'm looking for information. There's no media capitulation here.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: I mean when you said about the left, like like we got to put things out so the left can't attack us, I mean we don't. Who cares what the left has to say? Man, I think the.
Speaker 2: People I'll tell you you you can't why you should care what the left is doing, because they're they're suggesting that all the everywhere you read, the read, the read the Globe today and the front pages fear in the community, and so there's a lot of people who are influenced by that and are saying, oh, this is terrible. They're going after, you know, school teachers and school kids, when in fact they're going after murderers and rapists.
Speaker 5: I think I think that gets made clear. But it's like, you know, the media is going to be the media, and they're appearing to a group of people that are going to vote the same way. I think that the American people had a big mandate in November.
Speaker 2: I mean, what was what was the percentage of the president's vote? This how much? What was his percentage? It was like fifty points something percent. It was fifty points something percent. A mandate. And again I think that the best argument he has is that he carried all of the swing states and all of that. But what I'm saying is eventually mandates can go in. I'm just giving you look, I'm having trouble getting information from ICE, okay, And I think that ICE, if they're functioning on behalf of the American public and functioning on behalf of parting taxpayers, they have an obligation to let us know, Okay, what are you doing and why are you're doing it, And the best way to prove that is to tell me who's been arrested and what are the crimes of being arrested for, Because if you don't, the other side is going to say they're arresting people because it was they had a parking ticket and this guy was here. Oh, they're arresting a pretty bad on brace right now, So.
Speaker 5: Why hide that? Well, Like I said, Dan, I think that you know, the information gets put out Twitter on Twitter. I think they home and had an interview. He was out catching them with doctor Phil. I mean, we've put the information out there for these people, but they're always gonna twist it and contort it.
Speaker 2: So I just think that you and I are going to have to agree to disagree this. First of all, the fact that doctor Phil was out there, What the hell was doctor Phil doing out there? What was he gonna give counsel to the I was I thought that was a joke. I mean, I thought to myself, doctor Phil gets himself some free publicity by going out there on an ice ray. I mean, that's that that that marginalizes its significance. How if I if I'm Tom Holman, I don't want any civilians out there with me, because what happens if somebody uh just anyway, well we will agree to disagree, my friend, I gotta go. Thank you, all right, thanks, thanks very much. We've got to break here at the bottom of the air. I got the news coming at you, I got William coming up, I got Paul in Grafton, and I got some room for you. If you disagree with me, do you want to know what ICE is doing? Or no, I want to know exactly what ICE is doing, Okay, And I gotta be honest with you. Ice seems to be in the first week to be very secretive. Now I will agree. Should they be announcing in advance where they're raving tomorrow?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not, absolutely not. That's not their responsibility anymore. It's the FBI's responsibility. We're going to do a drug rate tomorrow morning because we think that there's a group of drug people who are no that police don't authorities don't do that. They they hit at four o'clock, five o'clock in the morning. They're not waltzed in. Maybe in some cases they are. But if they think they got a bunch of bad people hunkered down somewhere, I mean, talk to any police officer want. Okay, that's just protocol. If they have to go at one o'clock in the afternoon because they feel that someone's in danger, they will. But I want to know who's being arrested and why, because they're saying, look, we're only going after the most dangerous, which I hope they are. I hope they are. Uh, and at what point they continue, Let's see, let's see how many dangerous people and let them tell us who they are. You tell me that they're MS thirteen members. I accept the fact. I'll accept what you tell me, but you got to tell me back on night Side six one seven, two five four thirty six one seven, nine thirty get a little wound up on this one, but that's okay, that'll get you involved, coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray ONBZ Boston's.
Speaker 2: News radio, at the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement site on Twitter, and just not much in terms of information, despite what my friend Rashid had to say. Enforcement update January twenty seventh, which is today twenty twenty five, eleven hundred and seventy nine arrest, eight hundred and fifty three detainers, lodged. No breakdown that I can see as to what communities or for what crimes. And I think that's a huge mistake. If the if the again it's it's it is much better to do stuff in the light of day. Let me go to William in Baltimore. I will bet you my friend William is going to agree with me. William, welcome. How are you tonight?
Speaker 6: All right? Now?
Speaker 4: You doing I haven't talk to you for a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no problem, no problem. I hope you're doing well. Sorry, sorry that your your Ravens did not go further. I know you're a big Ravens fan. But there's always next year. So tell me about what's going on. You heard my conversation with Rashid. He's happy with the information elect thereof we're getting no information from Ice, and I think that's a huge mistake.
Speaker 4: I kind of gree with round see, you know, because I've vote for Trump tee then and you know, but I heard that from what I've been hearing right on the news and on the radio, because you know, I'm blind, I listened to a lot of radio. They said that they have been arresting, like you said, in all the different cities you know, I when I was going from my blindness training, I lived in Adams County, Colorado, and trained in Aurora. And I came out there in nineteen ninety nine, right when Columbine happen in February in nineteen ninety nine. And I stayed there until two thousand and four. And you know, it was always a very mixed population out there, you know. But I agree with what Trump is doing. I think that he only been in office five days. But like you said, the liberal media is going crazy. Hear in Baltimore. I can tell you that right now. It was a young lady, it's a young black professor here on the radio in Baltimore, and she gave the total opposite of what she was saying about the situation in Columbnia, you know, saying that, uh, well Trump was a bully and uh you know, doing this the only brown people and black people, and uh, you know, it's just it's the way they plan it, you know, and the people that's not really But but what I was trying.
Speaker 2: To what I was trying to say to Rashid, and and Rashid is a friend of mine, is as you're a friend of mine. Is that look if the Trump administration has decided we're going to go out and we're going to be very active, and we're going to find people and we're going to deport them, and clearly that's what they're trying to do. I think that from their perspective, you know, you'd be as honest and as open as possible, and you literally provide people with a lists, because once someone is arrested, that's a public record, and you kind of arrest people and not even if they're not US citizens, If if you arrest a foreign national, it's it's a public record. It's an action taken by a US agency. And I just think you put it out there. You put out as much information as you can in terms of who was arrested. If if you got their age, great find out. Let people see what's being who you're deporting. It was pretty clear when you looked at the people were getting on those flights that they were mostly young men, single men. I didn't see too many young women, or I didn't I actually didn't see any women. They looked the pictures, I saw a was all guys. Didn't see any school kids, didn't see any families. And if the narrative of the left is that they're going to deport families, and they're going to go into churches and schools and hospitals and pull people out of you.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what you've been doing basically, I say, lying. You know, let me ask you this question. When you traveled abroad, right, and you went to other countries? Because I was listening to another broadcast earlier and the guy told me when he went to Mexico, brother went, they tief, he said, they scutinized you, man, even though you were coming to the customs. You know, put you do the rhythm role. And I think the United States is just doing the same. That's all. They are finally doing what needs to be done. I understand what you're saying about the names and all that, but I think giving some time, maybe they will you know, maybe.
Speaker 2: Well maybe they will, but I but I think that they're they're making a mistake in the short run. I will tell you that when you go into other countries, because I have traveled abroad to other countries, it could be a little intimidating because you go up there, and it's also a little intimidating when you're coming home. You want to make sure that that the picture that you have in your passport bears some resemblance to what you look like, you know, because you're just dealing. But but in other countries, and as matter of fact, I remember going to Mexico once and we got pulled out. I was with my family, uh, and we were pulled out and everybody had to open up their suitcases. And what they told us was it was just ran them and it didn't matter. You know, if we had been one family earlier or one family later, we would have been okay.
Speaker 6: But but if you had.
Speaker 4: Stayed your visit in those countries, right, if you overstayed your visit in Mexico or any other country, right, they would have rescued. And what I don't understand about the left is they saying that they're going to do this, and they're gonna go into school, they're gonna go into churches and all that stuff, and they say these people are not criminals. But the act of coming across the border is a is a criminal act.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm not. But right now, what they're doing, as they tell us, is that they're going after the worst of the worst that they have, they arrested some of the crime members and some of the people in Colorado who had taken over some of those apartment buildings. Put it out there. I mean, the American public wants to see that information. I was very happy the other day when when President Trump said he wants to open up everything about the JFK, r f K and m Okay assassinations. I want to know everything about that, okay, because those people who were killed were people who who I respected. They were Americans who were murdered. That they were out trying to what they could the best that they could for the country, whether you agree to have voted for President Kennedy. Okay. There's all sorts of stuff about, uh, the people who might have been involved in the m l K assassination. That that this guy that shot him, James Earl Ray, no relation, different spelling, by the way, traveled in Europe. How the hell did this guy have money to travel in Europe. I want to know the whole I want to know the whole story. And uh and and I say, you know, open it all up. The truth will set us free. Simple as that same same principle here, William R.
Speaker 6: I understand all right.
Speaker 4: Man, I think they get to it. They'll give them some time.
Speaker 2: I love hearing your voice. I hope all as well. Okay, oh too, talk to you, be well, Happy new Year. We'll take a break. Paul and Grafton is going to be up next. I promise the only line that's open right now is six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. I'm going to start to pick up the pace here very quickly, So if you are on the line, fear not, I will get to you quickly. Paul's coming up. I got Rick and Dover and Warren in Fall River. You guys will all get on between now and at eleven o'clock. I promise I'd spent some time with Rashid and William. We're going to pick it up right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray line from the window World Light Side Studios on w b Z the news radio.
Speaker 2: All right to the phones ago, Paul and graft and Paul, you were next on Nightside, sir.
Speaker 7: Welcome Well, Hi Dan, Happy new Year.
Speaker 5: How are ya?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great? Right back at you, Paul. What's your thought on what we're talking about?
Speaker 7: Well, I've got a long, long, long history my you know, my grandmother, mother's mother came from Lithuania. Dad's you know, parents, great grandparents came over from from Europe. And you know, back then you could immigrate, and but now the laws have changed. Second of all, I know what it's like to live as a foreigner. I lived in Guadalajara, Mexico for six years back in the nineties studying, And I know, you know what Mexico does to the illegal immigrants that come in from Central and South America.
Speaker 5: They booed him out.
Speaker 7: Sure, they do him out, but yeah, yeah, but all but when we try to send their people back, they get upset.
Speaker 2: Well they did. Obviously this steered down between President Trump and the president of Colombia. The guy from Colombia.
Speaker 7: Blinked, yeah, which is good. And I'm glad that Trump is putting his foot down and saying I'm glad that he's doing it this way.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, would you like more transparent? Here's my question? Would you not? Because I've talked to both Rashid and Mullian now about I want more transparency. I want to know every day how many people are deported. I want to know how many of them have been charged with serious crimes and or or convicted of serious crimes, and what are those serious crimes off? That's that's all. I mean.
Speaker 7: The thing is, the thing is, even if you know that, what what is that going to do for you?
Speaker 2: It's going to prove to me that what the Trump administration is saying is accurate and truthful. They're saying that they're going after the worst of the worst, and I believe them intuitively because I think it's a huge mistake of all of a sudden they were they were arresting you know, produce workers or or or you know, hotel cleaning crews. That's not what they're going after. They're going after sirius criminals who.
Speaker 7: Were here, which they should be, because when I was down Guadalajara, I mean I saw a lot of you know, criminals too. I mean we would we would be walking on the street and there would be a severed heads that we saw right in front of the seven eleven on the steps.
Speaker 6: Different drug yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Different mentality down there, different mentality. It's a wild wild West. Do me a favor, you know, just keep keep calling the show and you don't want more. I'm what I'm asking for is I want absolute transparency during this operation, and.
Speaker 7: I agree, you'd be sure we should get it because the worst of the worst should be sent out to make this country a better place and escape.
Speaker 2: We we have enough criminals in this country. We do not need to bring out the criminals in, you know. I mean, if you want to say we don't have enough poets in this country and we should bring in more poets, okay, I could be convinced of that. If you want to tell me we need more people who have expertise and stained glass, and you want to bring people in because we need more stayed glass, that's fine. If you want to tell me, you know, the Red Sox need more more, more pictures from other countries, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 7: But yeah, it's also controlled. I also have friends, a friend that used to work for the CIA. He's now a physician. I'm in the medical field, and we agreed on this. All the drug trafficking, all the money laundering, all the sex trade, all of that, all the illegal immigration in the end somehow benefits the United States benefits from all of that.
Speaker 2: I don't know how we benefit from that, to be honest, I don't. I mean, I think the cartels benefit from all of that. I don't think the cartels are paying any corporate income taxes to the US. I know this that every year some you know, you're talking about seventy thousand young people die every year or or people die of fentanyl. And I've I've interviewed parents of kids who died, you know, at the age of twenty or twenty one of a fentl over. They didn't even know what they interject what they had.
Speaker 7: All the drug and all this drugs, the drugs that are coming over it. It's been going on for years and years and years, and it's never going to be stopped.
Speaker 2: How yes, it was, well, you know, you're not going to be stopped, but it's but it's coming over from China and it's being manufactured in Mexico. And I'm ready to say, let's let's declare the cartel's terrorist organizations. Tell tell Mexico we're coming in and get the hell out of the way, and and we wipe them out. I mean, it's as simple as that thing.
Speaker 7: I think that's right. But but you know what, we're not able to do that because I don't think that the United States wants to do that. I really don't.
Speaker 2: Well, let's leave it like that, Paul. Okay, I have my opinion, you have yours. We'll see. Thank you much, Paul, I appreciate it. Okay. I don't see how where the government is benefiting from any of this. Rick and Dover Rick next on Nightsig go right ahead, Hi Dan, Hi, Rick, thanks for calling in.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, thank you. I guess I'm one of them what people or whatever.
Speaker 2: But that's fine. Tell me why tell me why?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 8: I have to at this point, I have to actually agree with what Trump's doing. I think if they're hearing legally, no matter if they're my own or not, that just screwed everybody that got in line legally.
Speaker 2: Couldn't agree with you more that if you're left dumb, left Rick, because we an agreement on that, that's for sure.
Speaker 8: You know, I think that's the way to go. You cross the mortar illegally, you're illegal. Let's it get rid of everybody, and uh, let the people that come here legally pick the fruits and vegetables, you know, yeah, I mean, and you.
Speaker 2: Could have you could have a program there where people come in on a temporary visa every summer, every winter or whatever. The growing season is and give them credit for coming in legally. On them, I would either put an ankle water on But if they come in and they and they stay legally, and then they leave legally after a certain period of time, put them on a path of citizenship because they've proven that they're willing to come in here and and and obey the law.
Speaker 8: I'm just wondering, most of these people walk here, right, yeah, yeah, So why can't they just open the gate in Texas and push the people through and shut the gate. Why are we spending money on jet fuel?
Speaker 2: Well, the problem is I think I think that that they want us get him back to Colombia, and they want to get him back to places where it'll be a little bit difficult for them to walk back walk back. To be honest with you, I think they're flying a lot of these military well a lot of the military planes have to be in the air certain number of hours every month. Pilots need to have training, So there's there's a benefit that you know, there's a lot of military planes that are out flying around empty. So I mean, if we can put one hundred bad people on a plane to get rid of them, I'm all for.
Speaker 8: That he it costs like eight hundred and fifty thousand dollars to fuel a poet of those planes.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know that it is that much. I don't know it's that much. And the reason I say I don't know it's that much is I know that on a on a plane going from wherever to wherever. I don't think the airlines are paying eight hundred and fifty thousand dollars in charging two hundred dollars for air flights from Boston to No.
Speaker 8: No, no, not almost smaller planes, And I do Ice does have smaller planes, but they they're taking like B fifty two's or transport planes are huge.
Speaker 2: They see one thirties, they see one thirties.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like you know, you can probably fit one hundred volkswagons in there, and they're putting one hundred people that.
Speaker 2: Well, you wouldn't put one hundred volkswagons in a see one thirty and they might the other ones.
Speaker 7: Live.
Speaker 8: I think, you know, like I said, Uh, I think he's going a good job in the immigration. I think it's fine.
Speaker 2: All right, Well you give your your a liberal self described left liberal or whatever, and uh give them criticize it for the things you disagree with and give them credit for the things you agree with. That's an open minded person. I appreciate you call.
Speaker 8: Rick, Yeah, thank you the show.
Speaker 2: This your first time calling me, no.
Speaker 8: No call every once in a while.
Speaker 2: Well, all off, and I enjoyed the conversation. Thanks much, Legget Warren, And you want I do not do not want you to have to wait through the newscast.
Speaker 6: Go right ahead, Warren, Hey, buddy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, as for calling you naming the cartels, terrorists organizations, Trump has already done that.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 6: So yeah, he did that. Uh, you know, you know, presidential order or whatever.
Speaker 2: No, I agree with you, And now I think it's in Mexico. These people are clear in present danger. They're poisoning our kids with fentanyl. They're poisoning people in America with fentanyl. If you don't want to take them out, just get out of our way and we're going to take him out.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 9: And a couple of days ago, there was a a reporter that did a ride along with.
Speaker 6: Ice in Boston and there was a netf What happened was.
Speaker 2: They they they did a favor to a new work newscast, a network which is very supportive of Ice, which is fine, okay, but.
Speaker 6: I understand that. I understand that.
Speaker 9: But my point is the people that they were getting rid of. One person had eighteen convictions, and so they are getting I saw, I.
Speaker 2: Saw that report to war, and I think a lot of people saw. What I'm saying is I think at the end of the day, it would be like if the Red Sox said, look, the only people, the only media that's going to be able to cover the Red Sox games will be Nessing. So everybody else has to stay outside of the ballpark and you have to rely on Nessing. That's crazy.
Speaker 9: And I agree with you, and I agree with you that they should be releasing the names and off that and the more.
Speaker 2: The more secretive they make it the most. Yeah, the more. Look, transparency actually is a good thing. Transparency is a really good thing.
Speaker 9: And actually put the defense but once because is it you've got it in the narrative.
Speaker 7: Narrative yep, thanks man, all right, thank you, all right.
Speaker 2: To the callers on the line, you haven't waited that long, John and Elvis, I'll get to you right after the eleven. If you're not in the line. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I say, give us the information you said you would be transparent, Be as transparent as possible. It is only in your interest and to the and the interest of the American people to know what's going on.