Speaker 1: Hi everyone. Tony from Hack the Movies here and we're having a boys trip boy Boys Month, and we're gonna talk about joy Ride today on Hack the Movies. We're talking talking, talking about tapes.
Speaker 2: Joey C. Tony B.
Speaker 1: What's happening, man, We just spent a weekend in Rochester, New York. That's right, right, road trip. We're on a road trip. And I was like, we'll be a good start to Boys Month. And I was like, you know what, there's a movie about two boys driving and getting into a little bit of trouble. We decided let's do two thousand and one's joy Ride, of course by John Dall, who we all know the director of Rounders.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's right.
Speaker 1: We looked them up. But I only even know if I've seen Rounders. But it's the only movie that suck out to people. Yeah, and the rest is just TV shit. Yes, But Coraine by j. J.
Speaker 2: Abrams, which really shocks me. I saw that for the first time. I'm like, what are you talking?
Speaker 1: Early JJ Abrams movie?
Speaker 2: So what year is this? Two thousand and one one is right?
Speaker 1: Email Yeah, Okay, By the way, we have many trucks on the side of us here we do.
Speaker 2: We have a black one right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one for the movie. That's a Peter Bilt right there. Shit, well, I will say Boys Month is I feel like we had a bad omen starting this. Right leaving Rochester, trying to celebrate Boys Month, we drove over the Susan B. Anthony Bridge.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: I tried to drive off the bridge. Joey stopped making sorry the Frederick Douglass Susan B. Anthony Bridge. She couldn't even They made him share it with.
Speaker 2: You, didn't even give him his own bridge.
Speaker 1: But yeah, if you guys are new here, Boys Month is where we kick all the women off the channel for the month. We just do guy movies for the boys.
Speaker 2: My favorite month of the year time.
Speaker 1: I look forward to it all year long. And this is an expe one or two.
Speaker 2: You're on the road. Yeah, you would not believe the hell that we went through.
Speaker 1: I bought I bought a suction mount, and Joey's like, I'll use my camera with the wide angle lens. And I was like, I know that camera. I've seen you use it. And then when I was at Joey's house, He's like, should I have this little attachment for GoPros and I was like, what why, that's not the camera you use, and like idiots, we left it only to learn Joey is updated this camera It's true then to a more go pro looking thing, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 3: Fuck, So we have it literally taped to the dash point.
Speaker 1: Yes, and now I own a suction mount that I'm gonna have to find uses for.
Speaker 2: Oopsy Daisy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we had to do that. Luckily I have DGI bikes that can line up with this.
Speaker 2: DJ camera. Yeah, it worked perfect.
Speaker 1: It worked perfectly. There's so much masking tape because he's like, all right, we'll put the tripod up and put a couple of strips tape down. But I got the compact suv.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even film even it's.
Speaker 1: The smallest tripot in the world. It won't fit on the dish hold.
Speaker 2: So many trucks. This is great, this is wild.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, joy Ride, joy Ride, Yes, joy Ride. Joey c When did you first see joy Ride?
Speaker 3: The first time I saw joy Ride was probably on Cable two thousand and five ish, uh, because when this movie came out, I was like seven or eight. I was that was too young. Y I actually saw.
Speaker 1: Jeepers Streepers dude before.
Speaker 3: I saw very similar movies, of course, but yeah, probably two thousand and five on cable, and I've watched it every year, probably once once or twice a.
Speaker 2: Year since then.
Speaker 3: And I love this movie because I think this is pre fast and furious Paul Walker.
Speaker 1: Right, it's around the same two thousand one, it's around the same time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I've loved it ever since, and I hadn't rewatched it in a couple of years. So when you said joy Ride, I was like, wait, is he talking about the joy Ride?
Speaker 2: Because there are a couple of movies.
Speaker 1: There are many movies called joy Ride and uh overseas, that's what we had two titles overseas. I think in Europe it was called road Kill, but specifically in Australia it was Roadkill with no spaces. Huh. So to our international audience, we're talking about road kill. I learned that from The Rundown. You have to sometimes mention what the international title is. Yes, we do the Rundown. They're like, is it this Welcome to the Jungle? Like, is that what you fuckers called it over there? Called it the Rundown? But yeah, I saw this. I think we rented it when it hit video like DVD, and then somehow I got like, like, you know, people used to make copies of tapes. We had the tape of it, and I watched this movie a lot when it came out on tape. I really really enjoy this. It's kind of stellar cast. It's got Steve's end, Paul walker Ley, sobe Eski. You know, Hollywood was trying to make a thing for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she disappeared, right, I haven't seen her.
Speaker 1: Her last big actor, one thousand son. She's an artist now because she like paints him stuff. And the bad guy, the physical actor is a dude you've probably seen the movies. But the voice is Ted Levine Buffalo Bill and as someone who at that point I had seen Silence of the Lamps way too young, uh here, and his voice was really really cool. I like that so good. Yeah. Oh and Walton Goggins was in the movie and got cut out because at that point he was just some guy and you could cut him out of movie.
Speaker 2: A fucking traps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joey didn't realize that there are like four alternate endings to this movie.
Speaker 2: Dude, not even altered in Mings whole other half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, move all. So yeah, well we'll get to it at the end. But there was an entire third act that was totally reshot and the reshot third act that they did. They did like four versions of.
Speaker 2: The Crazy and we watched them all this weekend, watch every.
Speaker 1: Single one, and I think we know which one is the worst. One that's fitting with boys one yep. But yeah, uh, shall we get into it.
Speaker 2: We shall get into This is.
Speaker 1: Gonna be interesting because I'm driving, so Joey will be leading the review. Yeah, took the notes.
Speaker 2: I did take the notes.
Speaker 1: You did a good job.
Speaker 2: You know what we'll see.
Speaker 3: So we start out with Lewis Paul Walker, who's talking on the phone with Venom, who at this point we know as like a friend who's in Colorado in college, Yes, Colorado, and she needs to get home and she just broke up with her new boyfriend, which.
Speaker 2: Paul Walker jumps at this opportunity.
Speaker 3: He pulls out a plane ticket that says this ticket is refundable, so he returns the ticket and then buys a shitty car from the seventies for one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Why did he feel the need to do this again, you.
Speaker 3: Know, for women, which is doesn't seem fitting for boys month personally. Yeah, so I'm not quite sure. Let me tell you something. If you had a plane ticket to fly home, would you return that plane ticket?
Speaker 2: Buy you spend.
Speaker 3: Eleven hundred dollars of your hard earned money to buy a shit car to then go to go and pick.
Speaker 2: Her up and then drive all the way across the country.
Speaker 1: I would do that. And you know what other things I would to do. I wouldn't get gas at the last rest stop. And I just got a notification the fuel level is low, and I think there's thirty something miles to the next rest up. Joeycy, as you're leading us through the review, please let me know what their exsuper. I thought there was something we forgot. I thought there was something we forgot. I'm like, okay, we we pooped, we chext some messages, we set up the camera. What did I forget to do with the rest stop?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Guess the thing that we need to get home?
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: We're making as much good decisions as Paul Walker enjoyed rop.
Speaker 2: You could hit the plus button and click on the gas station.
Speaker 1: I think it said there from that one I think there's twenty nine miles, so, oh, good good, we'll find something. Yeah, hopefully we hopefully we make it or we'll get off an exit. We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna have you know what, Well, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: They'll figure it out. Did you do we mention that Venna is in her underwear?
Speaker 3: She is in her underwear showing a very suggestive amount of butt cheek.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I feel like they use that shot in the trailers a lot to be like, Hey, you're gonna see a lot of dudes in this, but don't worry. There's a lady. There are butt cheeks, yes, movie, but we'll get you will get sob esky butt in the.
Speaker 2: That's that is true.
Speaker 3: So he gets the car and he starts driving, and he stops to get gased, like we didn't like we did? Okay, okay, that's right, And he calls his mom on a pay phone, only to find out that his brother got arrested.
Speaker 2: For drunken disorderly conduct or something of that nature.
Speaker 3: So he decides, since he hasn't seen his brother in about five years, that he's going to turn around and drive two hundred miles out of the way to pick him up and bail him out of jail, and in the process of that, he gets pulled over, which leads to a very funny running gag.
Speaker 1: He has a broken tail light. Yep, he does have one of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 3: And he also says to the copies, he's like doing this funny bit about like, well, it was an it was an act of good nature because I was turning around to pick up my brother who's in jail, and the cop like just doesn't give it, which is really funny. Uh So he he drives to I believe, Salt Lake City and he picks his brother up out of jail and a surprisingly very unemotional reunion.
Speaker 2: After five years.
Speaker 3: Yes, you don't have a brother, but I have a brother, and if I haven't hadn't seen him in five years, I think i'd i'd be a bit more emotional seeing him.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like there was a falling out here with these brothers.
Speaker 2: That's probably true.
Speaker 1: There's some family issues too with them, Yeah, with the dad and stuff. Yeah, hear more about it, But it's Steve Sad who I love. Yes, great, Joece, what does that sign say? Thirteen miles miles. At thirteen miles, there's a gas station right there, right there. It's on the other side. It's on the other side.
Speaker 3: We could pull up Paul Walker and turn around, so after he picks his brother up. When I first saw this movie, I thought he was like a sufferable.
Speaker 1: I was really at this point, I had seen Saving Silverman. I think that's fair because that's around the same time. Yeah, which I saw in theaters with my grandmother and my little sister. Go back and watch our Saving Silverman review. So I was all on board with Steve's and I like Steve sand he was awesome.
Speaker 2: And Anna Conda more recently.
Speaker 1: Yeah to him teaming up with Jack Black again and Ana Condom was great.
Speaker 2: Sick.
Speaker 1: I only watched the first season of White Lotus, which is a popular show, and he was good, and that this was a very underrated actor. He's really, really funny.
Speaker 3: He does a really good job at kind of being pathetic a little bit, yeah, you know, and he does that perfectly.
Speaker 2: But we're not talking about anacon here, So Tony please, yes, Joey, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't cough at all. I'm not watery eye. What happens next to the movie.
Speaker 3: So basically they stop at a mechanic and for some reason Fuller decides to install a CBE radio in the car. Yes, which I always thought was weird. Now, to be fair, this was the time.
Speaker 2: Before what what the hell? Look at that Women's Right the National Park.
Speaker 1: We're passing the Women's Rights National Park during boys during boys months?
Speaker 2: What the hell goes on in New York?
Speaker 1: We gotta get out of this town, is fucking We gotta get out of this town. The women's rights? What the hell? That's fucking wild? Well not Savis? Also is that the guess.
Speaker 2: That looks I guess I see a gust issue right down there.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: We're doing it.
Speaker 1: We're getting we're getting gas.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the CBE radio, I've never used any of them.
Speaker 3: My grandfather was really in the CBE radios, and I just assume it was just something to pass the time, you know. Because when they first get it there, they're asking about cops.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I really used for to see if there was any traffic stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they were.
Speaker 3: They find out that there's no cops for forty miles, so they speed through the next town.
Speaker 2: Now they start pranking.
Speaker 3: Well, I should say, Fuller starts pranking the other truckers on the road.
Speaker 1: Fuller is a jokester, Yes he is. Crimes he mentions it might he actually be in the deleted scene, the deleted ending, he mentioned his crimes are like.
Speaker 2: Fry, very like not too serious crimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, by the way, we're Waterloo, the birthplace of Memorial Day.
Speaker 2: Oh good, hey, we're at a gas day.
Speaker 1: We're at a gas station.
Speaker 2: What the hell is that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's known for being a jokes or he does like real petty stuff. He's not like a violent criminal the exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, so pretty low key crimes if you will, Yeah, they can be.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: So we starts pranking the other truckers on the road, which he gets an absolute fucking kick out.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah. They come up with names, I forget what they're what his name black hawk, Yeah, it's like black something like that. But he's using all these like fucking uh trucker lingos, and the actual trucker knows what he's talking about, so obviously he knows. Yeah, he spent time on the road, and we're gonna spend time popping this with gas if you want to break the camera there. We have now gotten gas.
Speaker 2: We got gas. We almost got lost.
Speaker 1: We got a little lost. The GPS wanted us to go through cornfields to frighten Joey c I don't like that. We had to force it to redirect back to the highway. Okay, so where are we here?
Speaker 3: So they when they are pranking the other truck drivers, this is where we first hear Rusty Nails.
Speaker 1: Yes, because this is Paul Walker is doing Candy Cane.
Speaker 3: Yes, because Fuller really really pushes the fact that he wants Lewis to act like a woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah to uh.
Speaker 3: Basically what they do first though, before they prank Rusty Nails is Fuller acts as the other trucker Yeah, and Paul Walker Lewis acts as Candy Cane, and they kind of go back and forth a little.
Speaker 1: Bit like they're gonna meet up somewhere.
Speaker 3: And they then Rusty Nails overhears that and calls out for Candy Cane.
Speaker 1: Candy Cane, come on, I know these.
Speaker 3: Guys are warning Paul Walker starts acting like a lady, telling him what she looks.
Speaker 2: You know what she looks like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and getting Rusty Nails all hot and bothered.
Speaker 1: Now here's the problem.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: The rest of the movie, Rusty Nails, for some reason, is very meticulous and very smart. He's not hygienic, but he's very smart, very meticular. He's really good at planning and scheming, and he like knows everyone's move He's always five steps ahead of everyone. He can't tell that Paul Walker is pretending to be a lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is true.
Speaker 1: Now was Rustin Ail just ahead of the curve and very progressive? They knew that this was someone who was just identifying as woman but still love them anyway. Right, that's because it doesn't match up, Like, how would he be tricked by this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he seems very very smart, but hears that terrible women's voice.
Speaker 1: I've got blonde him, blue eyes. I'm like, that's not a lady.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's just been on the road for a very long time.
Speaker 1: I don't think he talks to women very often.
Speaker 2: I don't think so either.
Speaker 3: Now this is the last we hear of for Rusty Nails for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they lose him. They lose They.
Speaker 3: Do lose him, and the boys stop in a motel and at the motel, Fuller goes inside while doing this ridiculous, like, yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: Trying to be funny.
Speaker 1: Oh, because they parked in the handicap spot. Oh two thousand and one. By the way, Yeah, JJ Abrams thought making fun of handicap people's hilarious and you should bring it up if you ever interview him. Ye, say, hey, remember when you had that making fun of disabled people joke? Did he talk about that?
Speaker 2: I'm sure I'll love that, and yeah, he definitely will.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Fuller is just like, no, it's fine, we'll go in there. And as he gets out of the car, he like limps and to sell that he's handicap.
Speaker 3: But when he gets in there, there's this like this business guy who is just being an absolute dick to the hotel clerk, like demanding shit school.
Speaker 1: He wants to talk to the white manager of the hotel.
Speaker 3: That's right, yeah, and Fuller interjects and he gets told off by this business guy.
Speaker 2: And Fuller's like, what the fuck, asshole? What did I do?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: And he body checks him on the way out.
Speaker 3: Yes. So the businessman goes into room seventeen at the motel and Fuller comes out to the car with Lewis sitting there and Rusty Nails appears on the CBE radio once again.
Speaker 1: Still call. That means he's been driving around for hours going candy cane, candy cane, candy cane. It's like how I found out that Vitojusuality was just calling me randomly to see if he was unblocked. Huh, that's when I found out about that. Wow, did I tell you that's sorry? No, I've been telling that. I know my I broke my New Year's resolution. I'm sorry. Yeah, I blocked veto and then when I was getting a new phone and switching it over, there's like months after I blocked him. It like unblocks the people and a call from him king throw and I'm like, this fucker's just been calling me randomly to see if he's not black. He's probably still doing it.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, anyway, speaking of large weirdos, Rustin Hill is calling just driving around going candy cane. That guy's driving out to you.
Speaker 3: Sticking that they're driving in the cornfield candy ca So they finally pick up and Full thinks it's a great idea, dude, Let's prank the dick businessman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and send candy can.
Speaker 3: End Rusting Tales to the businessman's room at midnight at this I think it's the Lone Star Motel.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, yes, and he wants him to bring a bottle of pink champagne.
Speaker 2: Champagne, that's right.
Speaker 3: So the boys get into the hotel room. Is this where Fuller watches porn? Later?
Speaker 1: I think? I think that's later.
Speaker 2: Later, So they're relaxing the hotel room.
Speaker 1: I think they're talking about their family. Yeah, they're talking about trying to catch up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: And midnight rolls around and they hear a big truck pull up. Moy Fuller jumps up, kind of like when you pranked me to get out of bed on Friday.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh my god, I've glad to say this. Okay. So I woke up Friday and I knew I was gonna run late. I just woke up too late. I was fighting in cold all last week, so it delayed a lot of things. And I told Joey that I was originally gonna leave at eleven, i'd head up there. I ended up not leaving till like one, but I kept calling Joey in the morning. I know how you like to sleep in, and I finally got you to answer, and he's like, He's like, oh, Tony, what's up? Like, what do you do? Man, I've been beeping. I'm outside. There's a pause and I hear Joey go, you're outside my house.
Speaker 3: I jumped out of bed so fucking fast. Holy shit, it scared me. I'm just like, no, I didn't even leave yet. I just I knew that would get you though. It was like three ten thirty. I'm fucking tired. It's so bad. So that's how Fuller jumps out of bed to go look out the window for rusty nails, and we see a very spooky black silhouette walk past me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then we hear a knock on.
Speaker 1: It was Blackie racist, but now that's true.
Speaker 2: You know what's for getting me on? You know Manie watches this show. You asked right, Sorry, man.
Speaker 3: So the businessman is staying conveniently right next door to the boys and they hear a knock on the door, so they put their ear to the wall to listen.
Speaker 1: This is a great shot. I love how it's filmed, like the Dark Green. I love the zooming on the painting on the wall.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I mean there was a lightning outside, but it kind of looks like the lightning and the painting is lighting.
Speaker 2: That was awesome. Yeah, I think that's a great shot. And you don't hear much.
Speaker 3: You hear a little bit of talking, which I could never figure out what they're saying, but then you hear some commotion, not much.
Speaker 2: I think Lewis overreacts because what he does.
Speaker 3: Is he immediately calls the front desk of the motel to report.
Speaker 1: And Pols making fun of him.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, it's the drama department, because he's like, I think someone got hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fuck, do you know? You just hear like, you don't even hear anything.
Speaker 3: Really, Maybe if you have surround sim where you're watching this movie, you might hear more.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear much personally.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The hotel, he basically tells the hotel clerk like, yeah, you might want to go check on that. So all the hotel clerk does is call the next door and you can hear the phone ring in that room from their room, yes, And the motel clerk calls back their room, which.
Speaker 2: Then Rusty Nails can hear that.
Speaker 3: Phone call yeah from his room, yeah, which.
Speaker 2: Is really not good. But everything's fine. So they go to bed and they wake up to policemen.
Speaker 1: Yes everything is not fine. Yeah, yeah, but yeah, they wake up and they're like questioning Fuller and they're talking about what happened in the other room, and they're all like, oh, yeah, we might have heard something, and they're pretending like they don't know more than they do. Yeah, they did the right thing by saying like, oh, yeah, there was like a thug, we called and complained, but like the sheriff kind of gets that they probably know more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's suspicious immediately, yes, And so basically, now, how do they get to the police station or not the police station, the hospital, Like how is he that suspicious that he brings them?
Speaker 1: Well, because the clerk said that Fuller had an altercation with him.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right.
Speaker 1: Yes, so that's why they're kind of suspects at that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they bring him to the hospital to show him the guy. How's the guy look, Joey.
Speaker 2: His fucking jaw is ripped off his fucking.
Speaker 1: Head, Yes, ripped his jaw off?
Speaker 3: Crazy, Yes, Wow, did not expect that from this movie.
Speaker 1: And I it's funny because I think there's a callback to this in one of the deleted endings. I don't know if it's in the actual theatrical ending, but there is almost an attempted job. Oh yeah, when he puts his hand, but I forget which ending it's in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I watched all of them. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't they all except for the one. They all blend together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: So after we see his jaws ripped off, they are brought to the police station and the sheriff basically says, like, you have they spill all the.
Speaker 1: Pop At this point, they've spilled everything and I love The sheriff is just grilling them. He's like, this is all the bullshit I have to deal with, and now you guys thought you'd be funny.
Speaker 3: So he basically tells them to just fuck offah and get out of town. Yes, and they drive off. They're like, all right, we're getting the fun out here.
Speaker 1: Cool. Lugger is like very upset and feels guilty and fuller. It's just like, now it's fine if you order ten pizzas to your neighbor and your neighbor shoots him, is that your fault?
Speaker 2: Lewis is like, yeah, yeah, I know he does.
Speaker 1: I mean that like I get what Steve said, saying like, you can't predict what the person's gonna do. Yeah, but he also could have just not put in the domino effect that led to that exactly.
Speaker 3: So as they're driving off, boy, you'll never guess who they hear on the CB.
Speaker 2: Is it Rusting Ill, It's Rusty Nail And of course they're both very spooked.
Speaker 3: Yes, And at this point I think Paul Walker Lewis tells him to not not talking, Yeah, just don't answer him, and Fuller decides I'm gonna fucking talk to him, and he basically says, like, what the fuck's your problem? Man?
Speaker 1: It was a joke. Well, first he's just like Katie Kane just doesn't want to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, yep.
Speaker 1: It's like I need to find her.
Speaker 2: And I have a feeling that you know where she is.
Speaker 1: But then he's just like, you need a psychiatrist, you need drugs and stuff. And then yeah, you're right. Lewis is like, Hi, Rusting, it's me, I'm a guy. We're just joking. Russell doesn't like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't like that at all.
Speaker 3: Come to find out, Rusty is it Rusty Nails a rusty Nail.
Speaker 2: I keep saying rusty.
Speaker 1: I want to google it. I always say rusty nails, but it might be Rusty nail.
Speaker 2: Hang on, we're gonna find out right now it's Rusty Nail. Rusty Nail is Rusty Nail.
Speaker 3: So Rusty Nail mentions to Fuller something about a missing tail light.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's when he realizes that he knows who he is. Yep.
Speaker 3: I just assumed it was because he was following them, like in behind them, because there's one point where you can see headlights behind them. So I just assume that Rusty Nail is behind them right now as we speak. That might not be the case, but that's just how I envision it. So they race off and then get to a gas station because Fuller has had enough, and Lewis and Fuller are like, all right, we got to call the sheriff and we gotta let him know that he's in town.
Speaker 1: Also, at this point, I want to point out the Marco Beltromi score. Marco Beltromi was doing the score for a lot of horror movies around that point. Scream Okay, yeah, he's the one who replaced John Otman in Halloween H two oh, and he came up with a good score for this. But it is very repetitive that you hear it a lot, you hear it a lot, but it is it is a very good score.
Speaker 3: So they get to a gas station and Lewis goes inside to call the sheriff and as he's dialing it, Fuller is pumping gas outside.
Speaker 2: We see this like the most big dude, the.
Speaker 1: Most stereotypical truck looking to long hair, creamy mustache.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's driving a truck. Yea, he's driving an ice truck. And he pulls out a tire knocker. Now, I have a tire knocker in my car, admittedly in case I have to hit somebody, not to check.
Speaker 1: That's just me.
Speaker 3: So he's knocking the tires. Fuller is very suspicious at this point.
Speaker 1: Fuller just assumes, assumes it's the worst this box truck driver.
Speaker 3: So he's trying to get Lewis's attention in the gas station. Man, there's guy right there. And the guy walks inside very slow, and Michael Myer's like, and he can see the reflection in like the the the guy just turns and stares at it. Yeah, so Lewis is very nervous, and he goes up and pays for the gas.
Speaker 1: He pays and bolts out of there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, trying to sign the credit card sheet real quick before he gets out of there and just runs off.
Speaker 1: And we see the truck driver burst out of the thing and chase after that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we the audience expects the worst, just like the characters. So then ensues a nice chase.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Lewis and Fuller are co cruising away from this fucking guy, and they missed the on ramp for the highway, which thank god, we didn't miss the on ramp.
Speaker 2: Yeh ny way safe.
Speaker 3: And they get to a dead end and they're driving through like not cornfields per se, but damn near close like desert terrain.
Speaker 1: But then they may get to a part where there's a game, yeah, and they're like, shit, what are we gonna do?
Speaker 3: So they just lock the door and they sit there and the ice truck driver right on their tail gets out.
Speaker 1: Start saying his knee, yes, starts saying Louis, and then Fuller's like, oh, you have a gun man, we have a gout.
Speaker 2: He holding up a finger gun and.
Speaker 1: This is a good twist where he knocks he goes and I have a master card. So Lewis left his master card at the gas station. He was just being a nice driver, yeah, returning it.
Speaker 2: What a nice guy.
Speaker 1: He's like, man, you really scared us, and he goes, is the mustache? My old lady keeps telling me the sham.
Speaker 3: After that relief, the truck driver goes back to his truck.
Speaker 1: And they questioned, Uh, this is when Lewis questions him, like, what is the range on a CBE radio? Yeah, he says about four or five.
Speaker 2: Miles YEP, which I wonder if that's accurate. I don't know. I assume maybe, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then Rusty nails.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a good setup where we see the box truck is backing up, backing.
Speaker 2: Up, doing like a K turn.
Speaker 1: And which, by the way, do you know box trucks are a form of drug?
Speaker 2: Is that true? Is that true?
Speaker 1: Just the siren? We went to a comedy show.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe that.
Speaker 1: We went to a comedy show and there was a guy who laughed a lot, He laughed.
Speaker 2: A lot, he had a very very loud laugh.
Speaker 1: And the stand up comedian.
Speaker 2: Woman, Yes, she was a woman who kept calling us gay. She did call us gay.
Speaker 1: I decided to wear my cool colorful scul shirt, not realizing that it was Pride in Rochester in July. Nice just had a whole month. Anyway, I decided to wear my cool colorful skull shirt and then sit next to Joey c at a show and this comedia just kept making jokes about how I'm a fat gay ki and you're my top. This made a man with a very distinct laugh laugh really hard in the audience, and she asked him what kind of drugs does he take. She's like, we're going drugs, doing do you take? And he goes, oh, box truck. She's like, no, what do you do? He's like, I drive a box truck. She's like, no, not not drug not trucks drugs And he just was not getting it. Sorry, I was just a funny aside. Now when I think of box trucks, that's all I'm gonna think about.
Speaker 2: But anyway, that is so funny.
Speaker 3: So Rusty Nail's barrels through the box truck huts.
Speaker 1: The ice truck in a half, which I don't know if you could actually, I don't think that would fuck up your truck as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know how reinforced that truck is, but yeah, fuck dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that is a good moment where he's like, what's that sound?
Speaker 3: Oh on dude, And they had enough time to get into the car. Yeah, And then they drive off.
Speaker 2: Road obviously, and another car chase ensues.
Speaker 3: Luckily, Paul Walker is fast and furious driver, yes, so he can get away pretty good. But then at some point they get pinned up against a tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a ten seed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 3: And they can't move because they're stuck in like a ditch and they're going back and forth, and then Rusty Nails.
Speaker 1: Just comes starts crushing the car, slowly approaching and just pinning it against a tree.
Speaker 3: And all of a sudden, Rusty Nails talks over the radio yeah, and demands an apology.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're like, I'm sorry, we were just choking. We were just choking, and I love it. Starts laughing. He's like, man, I was just joking too, you know. He just killed the guy, Yeah, and crush their.
Speaker 2: Car and I never got that He's gonna fuck with them more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he he just giggles basically and just backs away. That's the end of the scene. So obviously he just drove away. So really he wanted to torture these.
Speaker 1: His old missionail is just to fuck with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they get the car fixed the next morning and.
Speaker 1: The tail lights fixed.
Speaker 2: Oh the tail light is fixed. That's right.
Speaker 1: I like when he just goes, I got the tail light fixed.
Speaker 3: I love how you said when we were watching it, it was like, because they replaced the windshield, Like, do they even have like the equipment to do that.
Speaker 1: They had a bunch of windshields.
Speaker 3: Maybe they have no, no, no, no, very big suction cup. They could have used your camera. You're a camera suction cup.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I think at this point, Rusty Nail calls again and demands an apology, right, and they refuse, and Fuller throws the CBE radio out the window.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which I don't know if he asked for an apology. I think he just throws it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think he talks more and he throws it out. Yeah, which smartest fucking thing he ever did in the movie. Right, And at this point you think things are going well. They get to Colorado and get.
Speaker 1: To Colorado for that girl I was trying to go to Colorado for a girl it didn't work out. And she's there and she's not wearing a bro.
Speaker 2: And there's obviously some tension between Lewis and Venna.
Speaker 1: Yes, but she's very cute.
Speaker 2: And everything seems to be going. Well, they get on the road.
Speaker 1: Well, no, she has to say goodbye to old friend.
Speaker 2: That's right, I forgot about the very important character shar.
Speaker 1: Yes, and as you look at the scene, you'll notice there are no giant trucks around. There's no no big truck. This seems like the more like unrealistic part of the movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Charlotte is Venna's roommate, I believe, and they say bye, and how she's driving home with the boys. Yeah, and then Fuller really takes a liking to Venna. Yes, we'll come back and deleted scenes later on.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're both into Vena. And now Fuller was making fun of Venna earlier because he remembered her being a dorky girl. Yeah, that's right, he didn't know that she was hot.
Speaker 3: Now, so they start driving and they arrive at a motel bar that night, and Lewis must be very tired because he falls asleep pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Well, he's had a very stressful couple of days.
Speaker 2: Oh we forgot the funniest scene.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wait. I was just gonna be like, wait, you go right to the sleep? How did you forget this my favorite part of the whole, This is the best part. Oh. They they ty cherry things into bows.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, yep, yep. And they're drinking quite a lot.
Speaker 1: I will say yes.
Speaker 3: And I think Paul or not Paul Lewis. He disappears somewhere. I can't remember where he goes.
Speaker 2: I think he might.
Speaker 1: I think he's in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Venice at the bar ordering and this is like a really redneck bar, and this fucking redneck dude comes up to the girl and says like, what's your name?
Speaker 1: Whatever you want, and then he calls or something. She's like, don't call me that, like you just said he can call me a good point. He's very into her. And this is when Lewis is like I got to step in. Yeah, and he's just like, uh, hey, what's going on here? He's going on here and just goes, hey, is this your bitch? Your bitch up? And it's like very tense, like is Paul Walker about to fight? The whole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three dudes.
Speaker 3: Literally, Yeah, I would not want to fight three rednecks this.
Speaker 1: I remember this being very very tense because you weren't sure what was gonna happen, and the funniest goddamn thing happens.
Speaker 2: Beach, shut up? Are you mouthing up again?
Speaker 1: He comes in, pretending to be her boyfriend, Like, you mouth it all forget.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry, guys, you turn your back for two seconds.
Speaker 1: Get back in the chevy, take her out of the park to like alleviate the situation, which is so so funny.
Speaker 2: So then they send Benna back to her apartment. Uh.
Speaker 3: Fuller and Lewis go to go back into their apartment and they Fuller starts putting on porn yeah, and then tell story.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He says something like I don't really believe there, and Asher.
Speaker 3: Was something weird like a college professor or something like that. But Lewis falls asleep pretty pretty quickly, and Fuller is talking to Lewis while he's sleeping, like, hey, you.
Speaker 1: Guys are just friends, right, Yeah, this is he's asking for permission to make a move on Vna, but he's doing it and he knows his brothers asleep.
Speaker 2: Which is really funny.
Speaker 1: But Fuller Lewis did say they were just friends.
Speaker 2: It's true, he did.
Speaker 1: You gotta be you gotta be honest with your bros. Okay, that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now Fuller decides, oh, I'm gonna go get drinks and go up to Venna's apartment or not apartment, hotel room.
Speaker 2: And one of the things that Venna asks is.
Speaker 3: Where is your better half? And Yeah says, oh, he's sleeping.
Speaker 1: Oh we we forgot to mention they had like a moment when Fuller brought her back to the Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They kind of like get real close and share each other before.
Speaker 2: Lewis bucks in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there there might be a little tension there. There might not be, but you know, Venna says a few times like I just want to get.
Speaker 2: To bed, I don't want to drink more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And ultimately she lets Fuller into a room. Yeah, and they start drinking and she's.
Speaker 1: A fucking hippie. Yeah, She's like imagine this this and he's like, what the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Literally, and Fuller Lewis is fast asleep. Now there is a deleted scene.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you want to discuss scene right now.
Speaker 1: We'll get do it in a second because it's it's after this part here. But yeah, Fuller gets a call er, Lewis gets a call.
Speaker 3: Ye while he's sleeping, Yes, and once again jumps out of bed.
Speaker 2: Like I did yesterday.
Speaker 1: And it's Rusty Nail going I thought you said there was no girl. So Rusty Ale has been following them and now sees that there's a lady with them. He's like, what the fuck? And he's like, why is she in her room with your brother?
Speaker 2: How he knows all this is crazy?
Speaker 1: Yes, And then here is the deleted scene, which I'm glad they cut. What does this say? Device overhead screen will be disabled? What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Device overheated?
Speaker 1: Oh? Should we break real quick? Yeah? Okay, so that was very long detour. We're back. So the deleted scene, h Fuller makes a move on Venna and she resists it, but he doesn't stop, and it comes off very problematic. Yeah, it wasn't even just like she turns him down and pushes back, he like keeps kissing her. I'm like, ah, that kind of changes the character.
Speaker 3: Yes, big, I'm very very glad they cut that.
Speaker 1: I also am glad they cut that because by the end of the movie, you you really learned to like adore Fuller. Yes, you know, yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Them taking that out or them keeping that in would have changed the entire trajectory of yes.
Speaker 1: Yes. But then it cuts back to the regular cup, which is Lewis bursting in yeah and warning them that they have to leave, and she has no idea what's going on. They haven't filled her in on anything. And I love when he goes like he's asked, what you were doing in here with her? Which is a really.
Speaker 2: Good question, a really good fucking question.
Speaker 1: He's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he should have been more mad, but you know, he has bigger fish to fry at.
Speaker 1: The moment, and that's a good moment where she's like, how scared should I be? And then the phone rings, He's like more than usual.
Speaker 3: That's a great cut because then I believe it cuts to them racing out of there, Yes, and it was so funny. Oh my god, it's crazy. I also love how Vena is like, already paid for the room. This is exactly what I would have said. But they race out of there in the car and they're driving down the road. Yes, And as Fuller's driving, he's noticing street signs, Yes, that had been spray painted, and there's a word on each sign as they go by, and it basically tells them to check the trunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this says like check the trunk. And then he stops and he's like are you stopping? And said said check the trunk, honey, know ites for us And the last one says Lewis. But it's like, how did Rustinale know they were gonna look at that.
Speaker 2: Sign or go that exact route?
Speaker 1: Know that exact route.
Speaker 2: He's on the road, so he knows the road.
Speaker 1: Are there any other people named Lewis who are driving who are pulled over?
Speaker 2: Like, I can't see anything, it'd be very concerned.
Speaker 1: But yeah, So they pull over and they're arguing if they should open up, but if there's like a head in there, what if there's a body. But yeah, they open it up, and.
Speaker 2: The CBE radio is in.
Speaker 1: The radio's back and they're like, all right, we'll put it on, but we won't we won't respond, We're.
Speaker 2: Just gonna listen. Yeah, So Rusty Nails.
Speaker 3: Rusty Nail eventually contacts them and we find out through screams in the background, that's Charlotte the very important character of Charlotte has been kidnapped.
Speaker 1: And at this point they've updated.
Speaker 3: Then I think, yeah, Bena knows the whole story, and somehow Vennon knows from the screams that that's Charlotte.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe you know your best friend scream.
Speaker 3: If I heard your scream, I think I would know it, because we went to a haunted house together.
Speaker 2: Yes, they tried to separate us. It didn't work. We were connected.
Speaker 1: In the end. My scream would be like, I'm not scaring up madly. That's Tony. He's manly and not scared. That's right.
Speaker 3: So Rusting Nail tells them that they need to go to a cornfield to get Charlotte live, presumably.
Speaker 1: And this is the scariest moment for you.
Speaker 3: It's true. Cornfield's very scary for old Joey c. In fact, when we drove up to Rochester, we drove through exclusively cornfield.
Speaker 2: It was rough, it was fun.
Speaker 1: Joey was terrified of the cornfields and the only thing that calmed him down was this beautiful water, beautiful waterfall that he knew. And he's like, Tony, you have to see this waterfall. It's amazing. And then we drove past it. Sorry, I just got distracted. There's a truck carrying a bunch of class you know. I wasn't even listening.
Speaker 2: I was looking at all the classic cars.
Speaker 1: It was a Camaro in there. It was really fucking nice.
Speaker 2: I know, I really wanted to take a Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we're driving through these cornfields and Joey's like, you gotta see this waterfall and he goes, it's right over there. And we look over. It's just a hill with a tiny little stream falling down.
Speaker 3: It was not full and all it's about to be this giant historic waterfall in upstate New York.
Speaker 1: Yes, and there was no water. There was just no water. And he literally went from like it's really great. He's like, Okay, usually it looks better. And I just teased them about it.
Speaker 3: So they get to the cornfield and they get out of the car for some reason. Oh, because Rusty Ale says the surprise will be one hundred feet up the road. Yes, So all three of them get out of the car and start walking one hundred feet forward, and then they see Rusty Nail and his big giant truck barreling towards.
Speaker 2: Them, and Fuller's like he's not slowing down. It's not slowing down.
Speaker 1: Here's one thing I want to mention about this upcoming scene. Ye, all of this cornfield stuff is recycled from the unused ending. So when they went into rewrites, I guess they realized they can put a cornfield scene here, because we're having the end the alternate ending, they're in the cornfield running away. It ends in the cornfield. Yeah, And I feel like they repurposed a lot of this for this scene, which now I have to look at Fuller's jacket because in that deleted ending, he's dressed as a cop. Yes, he eventually takes the hat off and he's wearing the jacket, and I want to see how much. I want to see if it's noticeable man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it probably is, especially in the scene. So basically what happens is they all run into the cornfield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're running from Rusty Nail.
Speaker 1: Who's judging it straight? Did we miss the rest stop scene?
Speaker 2: Which what's the restop scene.
Speaker 1: Where they're naked?
Speaker 2: I think we missed the restop scene.
Speaker 1: That was what I'm saying, Like, I think we jumped ahead.
Speaker 2: I think we did jump ahead.
Speaker 1: Can you check your notes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, you know, totally missed it in the notes, totally missed it in the north.
Speaker 1: You were, oh, well, well, I fort everyone to know the scene with naked men. Joey s He decided he was so distracted he didn't make any notes.
Speaker 2: You know, I didn't want to get too gay and boys month you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: All right, well, now I have to.
Speaker 2: When does that scene come before?
Speaker 1: It's after they explain everything to Benna. I thought we were missing something. So one of the things Rusty Nail does is that he makes them go to a gas station and he makes them walking naked and sit in there to humiliate themselves.
Speaker 2: Humiliation and they do.
Speaker 3: They show a lot in this movie, yes, like full full ass bear dick swinging.
Speaker 1: Yes, And Benna is talking to Rusty Ail and she talks about how like they're sorry and they shouldn't have done that and it was mean. But then that's when the truck starts taking off and they try to chase it. Paul Walker's running naked.
Speaker 3: And that that seed that's in the alternate ending, okay that when he's chasing the regular version.
Speaker 1: I think they just leave, Yeah, they just and then they hear the scream, and that leads to the cornfield.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's that's right, Okay, so then they get it. They run into the cornfield after Rusty Nails. Rusty Nail starts driving towards them very fast, and this leads to a really great sequence of them trying to evade the truck in the cornfield and he's full blown driving the giant truck directly in the corn field.
Speaker 1: I don't know how that truck's not being clogged up with like fucking ears of corn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: And they basically try to hide, and he turns on a spotlight and he's looking for like corn ruffling, which is a great way to see where people are running from.
Speaker 2: And sorry, there's a cute lady back there.
Speaker 1: Venna makes the brilliant decision to keep going.
Speaker 2: Lewis, yep, Lewis, and they split up.
Speaker 3: They fucking split up, And there's a really ten sequins where Rusty Nail gets out of the truck and starts walking. You don't know where he's walking from, yeah, And eventually he grabs Venna.
Speaker 1: He grabs her and takes off and takes off, and then they realize that she's gone yeah. But then they hear they see an explosion or they see fire, and they hear her screaming. They're oh shit. Turns out its third car.
Speaker 3: In and the CBE radio is going off and it's Venus screaming.
Speaker 1: Yes, And he tells them to meet them at.
Speaker 2: A motel in the next town.
Speaker 1: Motel in the next town, room seventeen yep, and can you bring a bottle of pink champagne. It's my favorite. And they have the pink champagne.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and luckily it's in the front seat.
Speaker 3: And they come to find out the car explodes because Fuller notices that Guess is leaking from the bottom of the car, and they grabbed the pink champagne and run off in the car explodes.
Speaker 1: Yes, And then here should we mention what the original ending was?
Speaker 2: I think we should.
Speaker 1: We'll mention all the other endings afterwards, all tied. So the original ending it picks up from them running running out naked. But before that, then it has a conversation with the killer and basically says like, you know, people who kill end up committing suicide. It's like a very common thing.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: So they chase the truck. The truck runs them off the road. Their car is like pretty much totaled, uh, and then they get into a fight with people that they cut off accident, so the cops come in. They end up going to the police station. That's where we get Walton Goggins yep, and they're explaining their whole situation and everything. Eventually they find because I think he calls them or something. They yeah, he calls them from the police station, yes, And they find where his location is. But while he's calling him, he's like, I was thinking he said about suicide, and you know, maybe this is the inform me. And they hear gunshot yep, and like, oh fuck. So they get to this like train yard and they find a corpse in the phone booth with his face blown off. Pretty gnarly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very very graphic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very graphic. It's very disturbing. And then they find Charlotte in the train car tied up, so they rescued her. The guy's dead, they meant they say they don't know who he is. In this version, they're like, we don't know who he is, but they noticed that he has a ring on. They get in the car with they get Venna gets in the ambulance with Charlotte Schott's not having a good day. She realized that she gets in the ambulance with Charlotte, who goes one direction. They get in the car with Walton Goggins, who goes in another direction. And while Venna is talking to Charlotte, we see the truck lights coming up to the ambulance. But then in the car they realize that this ring they ring, Well, he has a similar yeah, And then they meant they see the corpse. They remember the corpse was wearing the same ring that the ice truck driver had.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, And they're just like, we gotta go back, and Wongoggins won't let them go back, and of course Paul pulls the gun on him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, grabs his gun and threatens the police officer tells him to get out of the car.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he like shoots the radio and everything, and he's just like, you guys are fucking up. You're doing terrible. So he kicks him out, and then pullers like, I can't I have a record. This is bad, and the cop lets them know. He's like, if you get out now, you're fine. If you stay, you're in you're an accessory. So he stays. Obviously, they find the ambulance crashed again. Charlotte, I think is there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like in a just in the hospital bed still in the back, and the ambulance.
Speaker 1: The drivers are all knocked out. They're all like woozy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: So they chase down the car with the cop card. They chased down the truck with the cop car. Pull him over, pull him over, and Fuller's like wearing the cop outfit, doing a bad job. Do it a bad job. And Lewis breaks into the bed of the truck and finds Venom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all tied up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he breaks her out. They start running away. The truck obviously turns around. He knows that they're there. And then they go into the cornfields. Yes, we get kind of the same situation where it's tense and they're all running away and he's got the spotlight. But then they managed to find ammonia night rate just a big barrel. Yes, I mean you need that for farming. And they come with a great idea where they're gonna lure him too, the night trade. The truck is gonna hit it and then they're gonna shoot it to explode. But then like Fuller just sucks and shooting. He misses like twelve shots. Eventually he hits it and it explodes next to a water tower. Now I learned that, and this would make sense for the next scene we're gonna have come up. They spend one hundred thousand dollars building this water tower, and then they apparently like on the day, just didn't have the money to have it flood. So the truck was gonna blow up, crashing the water tower, and the water tower is gonna put out the flames said. The truck just blows up and parks next to the water tower. Then we go to the hospital U then and Lewis get to kiss Fuller offers than Candy and it's like this nice moment. And then they bring Rusty nailing and you're like, oh, son of a bitch, he's like, which again would have made more sense with the water end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right right, So when they're reuscitating him.
Speaker 1: They're trying to and then he dies. So it's like the one last moment of like wearing and then the movie ends. Apparently it did not test well. It was very convoluted, the ending because there's a lot more endix too. They did not end this movie Yeah, but that was it was a little convoluted because this person's going there, that person's going there, and we're switching here, and now we're in the cop and now we're in the cornfield. Now we're doing this, And apparently it was just a little too much and they want into more actiony ending, the more tense ending, so they reshot it several times and again. We'll talk about all the other reshoots after he gets to the ending. But I just wanted you guys know what the original ending of that film was.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Joey, So their car blows up and Venna is taken by Rusty Nail and they have to meet Rusty Nail and Venna at Room seventeen at the motel in the next town.
Speaker 1: But he doesn't specify which one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he doesn't say which one.
Speaker 3: So they run into town and they see a sign that says it's seven miles to the next town.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Fuller has a great idea where he's gonna make a bee line to a random other motel and steal a car. And this is a great scene where Fuller is trying to hot wire the car and some guy comes out and he's being like overly helpful.
Speaker 1: Because he thinks that the engines is stall and he's like, no, stop it. And then they're trying to hide up their hotline.
Speaker 2: All the way off.
Speaker 3: So they drive into town and then there's a great sequence where they're just knocking on every room sixteen.
Speaker 1: And while they're doing that, we see Rusty Nail, who is like this big, heavy set dirty guy. Yeah, super dirty with the vest and everything, and he's just cut. He's just got like packaging tape. He is a truck driver, yep, and he's just ragging up a shotgun. So she's tied in the chair.
Speaker 2: He nails the chair to the floor.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he's got a shotgun aimed at her that's ringed to the door, so whenever they open the door, it's gonna shoot her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a real saw trap. Yeah, So they find out they finally get to a hotel.
Speaker 3: After knocking on many unsuccessful room seventeen es, they finally get to the last hotel and they knock on seventeen and there's a really intense sequence sequence where they're opening the door and you think it's it's that door, Yeah, And they finally get into a room seventeen and it's empty.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then he this Renny tells Fuller to go around the back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Say he's still going through the doors. They're like, oh, right, because he listened in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they call that room.
Speaker 3: Rusty Nail calls room seventeen. Yes, and says something like, you know, you're listening in through the wall.
Speaker 1: Like laughing at me with my pink champagne in the rain, listening.
Speaker 2: Through the wall. So they find out that they're in room eighteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Fuller goes around back to look through the window because this motel apparently has.
Speaker 2: A back window.
Speaker 1: Yes, they all do, apparently. Yeah, probably the same hotel redressed for this.
Speaker 2: I guarantee it is.
Speaker 1: But yeah, So Fuller looks at the window and Rusty now grabs him.
Speaker 3: This hilarious, and he's he's kind of holding him in place to watch Louis open the door and blow her hair off. But he basically frees himself and flies back through the window and lands on like a rusty pipe of ye.
Speaker 1: A piece of wire goes through his leg and he screams, don't open the door, don't open the door, don't open the door. This is when the cops come.
Speaker 2: This is when the cops show up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the cops show up. There's a dead body in the office. Yeah, they're like ready to open the door.
Speaker 2: And yeah, the cops are like kicking through, trying.
Speaker 1: To kick through the door. But Lewis went around back to get Fuller, and Fuller is now tied to a fence that's behind the motel and he's trying to get him out, but he always got the barb through the leg and they see Rusty Nail getting away. The cops end up coming and they're just like they're trying to They think they're the bad guys.
Speaker 3: They're trying to find out who killed the hotel clerk, so they're kicking through every single door down the hallway.
Speaker 1: Yes, and eventually.
Speaker 3: Fuller says to Lewis, don't let them open up Room eighteen because it'll blow venis head off.
Speaker 1: Yes, but this is when the truck is driving toward.
Speaker 2: Them, right, Yeah, it starts, it starts driving.
Speaker 3: But before the truck starts barreling towards Fuller, Yeah, Lewis jumps through the window into Room eighteen and basically tackles Venna away, yes, from the chair, just in time for the cops to kick it open and the shotgun goes up.
Speaker 1: Yes, even he couldn't just move the shotgun getting way easier to move.
Speaker 2: Then, I don't know why I didn't do that too much sense.
Speaker 3: The cops are obviously confused and they think that Lewis has something to do with all of this, so they have the guns pointed and then they hear full of screaming from the back because Rusty Nail is getting in his truck righting towards them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like, how my brother, and they they start shooting the truck and then the truck they you're able to get him out of time. The truck crashes into the motel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, littered it with bullets. Yes, So we see Rusty Nail dead body.
Speaker 1: Yes, And we find Charlotte in the back.
Speaker 2: She's alive. Yes, So she does lift. Yeah, in both endings, he discussed.
Speaker 1: And then they're talking to them at the ambulance. Everything's been cleared up and they go like, who was the guy and they say, oh, it's just some ice trucker, even though that was not an ice truck, and they're like, oh shit, that's not him, and then shoring up the CBE radio on the ambulance this is like, this is Rusty Nail just seeing whether if there's a storm coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the storm washes away everything.
Speaker 1: Everything, and it's a really dark ending that he's still out there somewhere alive.
Speaker 2: Well, there's two sequels, so yes, there's.
Speaker 1: Gonna learn about his furthering adventures and that's the theatrical I think it's a solid ending.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so too. I think of all the endings that we watched, that was the best one.
Speaker 2: I think. You know, as as the movie.
Speaker 1: Goes now, the one main ending, it's pretty much the same except uh, there's a big fight in the back. They have like a huge fight with Rusting Ail. They're like double team in him and everything. He ends up falling.
Speaker 2: Underneath like some woodpiles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so that's kind of thing. Does he drives the truck into the thing?
Speaker 3: No, so the one ending that you're talking about, Rusty Nail gets kind of stuck underneath some some rubbish, yes, or like he can't move as well. Yeah, and uh, Lewis takes the key from the truck and decides to drive the truck himself through the hotel into Rusty Nail.
Speaker 1: Every ending has a variation of the truck going through the hotel. Because they got that footage, they're gonna use it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: So there's one where Rusty Naal gets hit by the truck and he's pinned under the truck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then like Lewis has to or fuller one of them. It has to like keep hitting the stuff to make the truck crush him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Louis, Yeah, yes.
Speaker 3: And then there's one where there you were you talked about it briefly, where Lewis and Rusty Nail are fighting in the hotel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty much the same ending, and we see Venna using like a nail from the chair to cut her straps. So it's pretty much same ending. But when the cops hit the door and you hear the shot, you think she's dead, but it cuts to her holding the shotgun she killed Rusty Nail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: And then there was a storyboard it one they never actually got to film all of this where Rusty Dale survives the truck going through the wall. I don't know how he does that each time, and he was gonna fight Lewis while Lewis was trying to get Vna out of the door, and it was gonna be one of those things where just in the nick of time, Lewis breaks the chair they duck, and then the shotgun blows Rusty Nail's head off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which which we agreed would have been fun.
Speaker 1: It would have been good, But I guess at that point they had it figured out and they didn't want to do the effect. All the endings were pretty much okay. Yeah, that one would have probably been my favorite. Yeah. Yeah, but I think they wanted to sequel Baits, so they required him to have an ending where he lived, because yeah, he dies in every single ending except for the theatrical one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and again, I mean, based on the rest of the movie, I'm glad they went with that ending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they picked the one that flows the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: And I couldn't believe when you told me about the alternate endings. Yeah, I could not believe that the one alternate ending is literally the entire third half.
Speaker 1: Of the y Yep, it was an entire third act.
Speaker 2: They redd, It's like a whole half hour. I know, crazy how long.
Speaker 1: It was insane. I think I watched that one for like the first time the other day. I don't know if I've seen these before. I think I knew there were alternate endings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you told me that.
Speaker 1: I was shocked.
Speaker 2: I'm like, alternate endings.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Well, you know, when I was watching the DVD, a little logo pops up while you're watching it, says Rusty Alan Canny Cane. That lets you know that there's a new scene.
Speaker 2: Which is awesome.
Speaker 1: And I hit all of that is so cool.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to watch the other bad sequels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that is joy Ride I think still holds up Joey. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Fuck yeah it does. I can't wait to watch it again. That movie rocks the.
Speaker 1: Only like real like the whole Charlotte thing, Like how did he know that she had a roommate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's all.
Speaker 1: She's sneaking around the campus of his dirty truck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that is some bullshit, Like I that is the one complaint I have about the movie is that that does give like Venice some sort of like skin in the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, other than being there, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And like they could have played up her character, like if she came into earlier scenes when she was on the phone and like interrupted her and said something like, oh, I hope you have a good time on your trip.
Speaker 1: But thanks.
Speaker 2: Oh who is that? Oh that was Charlotte. She's my roommate or best something that would at least give her some.
Speaker 1: Sort of background because she just kind of shows up randomly.
Speaker 3: You only see her once. Yeah, and then at the end, of course. But yeah, that that is really my only complaint about the movie. And and metter of fact, I like the movie editor now than I did as a kid.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, especially seeing the other endings to it.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: It's good. It's a nice tense thriller. It's got comedy in it.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of comedy in it.
Speaker 1: Like I know J. J. Abrams fucked up some stuff, but he he is a decent writer sometimes. Yeah, it was a make a crowd pleasing, entertaining movie when Disney isn't fucking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. I wonder how this movie performed, like in the box office.
Speaker 1: I think it did. Okay, Yeah, I think it did. Because the sequels went direct to video. I think it just did. I mean, in two thousand and two thousand and one, Paul Walker, You're You're Going Fast and the Furious that was obviously the big one, definitely, but I think it performed well enough. I think they're well on home video. That's where I saw it, and I said, I used to watch this movie a lot. Yeah, me too, and my friend used to do the boys. I think my sister used to love this movie.
Speaker 3: Dude, it is really early two thousands. Yeah, it's definitely that. It's a good time capsule, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's one of those movies.
Speaker 1: It was one of that. It was the last generation where a character didn't need a cell phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, and it was still believable. Yeah, that's true. That's very true.
Speaker 1: By two thousand and five, you saw a character and didn't have a cell phone in the movie, You're like, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: I know, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: I was a kid. I had a cell phone by two thousand and five. But yeah, really really good flip about two bros.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good start up, two.
Speaker 1: Two bros driving.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Joey C ton b. Where can we find you? And it better not be inside a Lady because it's Boyce Month.
Speaker 3: If you want to find more of me, you can go to YouTube dot com slash official Joey C. I got a lot of fun stuff there out of examinations, very manly stuff, if I may say so myself.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well you know anything that's coming out in August that you can plug.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish I planned that far ahead. Tom, I wish I planned that far ahead.
Speaker 3: But I am currently examining the recreational activities in the worlds of an theft, Auto, Vice City.
Speaker 2: And San Andreas.
Speaker 3: Oh if you never find yourself in those cities and you're looking for some recreational activities kind of like what we were doing in broad Chest, Yeah, that's where you go, folks.
Speaker 1: That is what we're gonna do. And yes, please like, share, subscribe, sign up for Patreon, even if it's at the free tier, uh, because we have all our public podcast there, our public videos are there. Get some commentary tracks from us. If you pay at the five dollars tier, you got bonus videos. We got everything there. Book me on cameo so I can wish You're bros. Happy Boys Month and stay tuned for some more Boys Month episodes this month. This is what is this?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: This year four, we're doing it.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, it's better and better.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if it's happening hopefully. Joey lightning has struck Kayley's house and we prevent it in Girls Month from happening. I want you to know if you see once over from Kayley doing any Girls Month videos with the hacking movies, girls don't watch them. Do not watch them.
Speaker 2: Don't support Girls Month.
Speaker 1: Do not if Girls Month ended up happening, do not support Girls Month. I just don't want you guys to have to watch like I don't know Crystal or Captain Boomi's or any of them. You guys don't deserve that. This is the month of boys, right, and I hope you guys are all living with the spirit of Boys Month. And if I'm doing boys, if I'm doing live episodes, please we're gonna be doing Boy of the Week again. Yeah. Every week we're gonna pick a new Boy of the Week. So get your submissions in every week, which basically you just have to tag me in a post of you doing something manly.
Speaker 2: It's all you have to do, really plastic stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that was good. All right, that's it from us, goodbye everyone, Bye bye. Oh we did it. Remember to like, comment and subscribe. Check out our other videos and Patreon page.
Speaker 2: Talking about tapes,