Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Do they say, you know a friend of convicted rapist Oprah Winfrey and Harvey what's his face?
Speaker 3: Weinstein? Yeah? And then they wasn't it gosh, what's her face? That said? Called him her streaky start this one over.
Speaker 1: He said that he right with you, and now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 4: And good good morning everybody.
Speaker 5: It is a Monday, September twenty three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that pretty well. This that promo pretty well describes our show. I think there's not much more we have to say about that.
Speaker 5: That was Friday, Baby, that's true.
Speaker 4: The promos for everybody else's show are pretty deep.
Speaker 5: No, I mean they go into it and you'll get my opinion, you know, I'll share what I have to say about it, and not here, not even close, all right, Neil the master of the promos.
Speaker 4: Good morning, good morning, Willie Wolf, Yes.
Speaker 5: Amy, good morning there, and good morning, good morning Bill. All right, and Codo, I can't see you.
Speaker 4: You won't be able to at all. The iPad is down. The iPad's down, and it does look like it's gonna.
Speaker 5: Recover Okay, So because we looked at each other, as I've explained it many times, where I'm monitors cono for me, happens to be on an iPad. So now we can and I know it's the first generation iPad, so weigh sixteen pounds, and I know it falls off of its mount So we clearly have to get another one like immediately, because I, as much as I don't want to, I have to see your face in this broadcast.
Speaker 4: So we'll talk about.
Speaker 5: This during the break see, or we can talk about it now and not even do the show and just talk about the technical aspects of this thing and how we're gonna get an iPad.
Speaker 3: Excellent start to them, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: And I'm thinking about an iPad with very little memory, maybe a used one, because all we need is to connect with each other because we don't look it up for anything else. Okay, right, let's just get going on the show. Except Neil, what kind of iPad you think would be appropriate here?
Speaker 3: Oh? A ninth generation at bare minimum?
Speaker 4: Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 6: Mis jamiro says, the new line of Apple products are really good, so maybe we should get the new one.
Speaker 5: Oh, and they're going to write yeah. Yeah, they're gonna let us have a new iPad. Yes, that's correct, Yeah, yeah, Okay, now you can call engineering and it is two cans with a string as you're calling down the hall.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's enough.
Speaker 5: We've got obviously a fair amount to do. And now the issue comes, are we going to have a full blown war?
Speaker 4: And I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yep, it's happened before I'm scheduled scheduled to leave on my vacation.
Speaker 4: As you may know, at the end of next week.
Speaker 5: And it's just what I need, just what we need. All right, fair enough, let's do this. Why don't we get right into handle. On the news on this Monday morning, September twenty three, Amy Neil and me late story, Well, in kind of a half surprise, Congress avoids that governmental shut down and what was going to happen the government, Well, government was going to shut down coming up at the end of this week. And because there is no funding. No funding means that there's no money, of course to pay anything.
Speaker 4: But that has to do. There's a take. It's a technical issue.
Speaker 5: In order for the government, and it works in debt, that's all it does. Government never has enough money, so it's always borrowing, borrowing, borrowing, borrowing. The government has to okay the borrowing, otherwise they can't borrow the money.
Speaker 4: They have to allow themselves to borrow.
Speaker 5: That's the law and what and the vote in the House is brought to the floor by the speaker, and so the speaker had said that included that is part of the bill is to make sure that if anybody votes, must prove citizenship. And that is a big tenant. And there was going to go and God bless Donald Trump. He told Mike Johnson, you don't pass that bill, you shut it down unless you get that provision in the bill.
Speaker 4: And of course he immediately said, okay, I'm going to shut it down, and under a lot lot of pressure, he basically agreed to the deal.
Speaker 5: Johnson, Mike Johnson and Chuck Schumer, who's always been in favor of funding, have agreed that they're going to be it's kicking a can down the road that until the end of December, after the election, there will be funding, but it's temporary funding. They're called continuing resolutions.
Speaker 4: They do this all of the time constantly.
Speaker 5: A matter of fact, I don't remember the last time they had a budget when it was due without continuing resolutions.
Speaker 4: So anyway, the deal is made.
Speaker 5: We have a budget until end of December, and we'll see what happens all over again. If Donald Trump gets elected, it's going to be very contentious.
Speaker 4: And if he doesn't, I think at.
Speaker 5: Least this part is going to be a lot easier if Kamala Harris gets elected, because she's much more apt to be more apt to be negotiati, negotiable, negotiating.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 6: Well, a guy who was supposed to be shopping fires was apparently starting them. A cawfire worker has been arrested for starting five separate wildfires in California in the last month. He's thirty eight years old, he's a CalFire Apparatus engineer, and these fires were started in northern California. The CalFire Director and fire chief, Joe Tyler, says he's appalled to learn that one of our employees would violate the public's trust and attempt to tarnish the tireless work of twelve thousand men and women of CalFire.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, these were small, tiny little fires, Thank goodness, none of them conflagrated. If that's a verb So what did they say? A total of one thousand acres or not even a thousand acres.
Speaker 6: But that's still what is actually less than an acre? Oh less than a Yeah, you weren't kidding when you said small. He started them, but they quickly got.
Speaker 4: A hold of got it. Okay, they all start small, right, have potential to absolute look them out of control.
Speaker 6: So well, this is the more disturbing part. Since the first of September, CalFire has arrested ninety one people suspected of committing arson.
Speaker 4: That's lovely, that's just lovey.
Speaker 3: Have a barbecue with him. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Hes Blah fired over one hundred rockets just early yesterday across northern Israel, some landing near the city of Haifa, and Israel launched hundreds of strikes on Lebanon.
Speaker 3: So this is what they're referring to.
Speaker 2: Hesbela leader declared an open ended battle, which is kind of a way of saying the beginning of all out war.
Speaker 4: Well, we're going to see, We're going to see.
Speaker 5: Hesbla is doing this strictly is solidarity with Hamas and the Palestinians.
Speaker 4: Now Hesbla and Israel, of course have been on.
Speaker 5: Tenor hooks with for war for decades, and two thousand and six they actually went to war.
Speaker 4: Israel and Lebanon did go to war, and it was devastating for both sides.
Speaker 5: Hesbelah has been holding back other than the missiles going in. The missiles don't do much damage. I mean they're launched and there is some damage done. Israeli airstrikes are targeted. If they say we're taking out the fifth floor of that building where Hamas militants are, or yes, either Hamas or Hesbelah militants are, they'll take it out. So as far as a tit for tat, Israel's going to do more damage. The problem is does this go this iss escalate full blast and that decision and by the way, Israel may very well make the decision to go full blast, so that changes everything.
Speaker 2: What with that being said, built when Hesbelah shoots rockets knowing that they're really not going to do much, is that where their way of doing something and not really doing anything that like, hey, look we responded.
Speaker 5: But yes, yes they still do damage, but not nearly the Israelis do.
Speaker 4: And now the question is do they go to war?
Speaker 5: The difference is up to this point, Israel has been a little reluctant to go to war. It's always been reactive, not this time around. Look at the netan Yahoo government. I mean, they're just going They're just pounding it and effectively begging for a war to start and fully prepared to do it.
Speaker 4: So we're going to see what's happening on the next few days.
Speaker 5: It's on a precipice, It literally is on that knife's edge, unfortunately, and regional war breaks out, and it's going to be a god awful mess. Our economy is going to be in trouble, all of it. Around the world, that'll be deeply affected for sure.
Speaker 6: All right, clearing the way to clear out Hamas, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu apparently is considering a plan to force all Palestinian civilians out of northern Gaza, including Gaza the city, so they can pound away at Hamas and force the release of hostages. Not sure yet how many Palestinians are even left in the Nedzarim corridor, which splits Gaza into but estimates are that there are hundreds of thousands of people there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're talking about north of the corridor. And look what Natagna who is doing. He's basically saying that the majority of people in Gaza who live in northern in the north part of Gaza, Gaza City being I don't know half the population of all of Gaza.
Speaker 4: Which are now in the south.
Speaker 5: Because of the order to evacuate.
Speaker 4: What he is saying is that everybody up there leaves.
Speaker 5: The only people will be left are Hamas militants, and you're not coming back.
Speaker 4: Effectively, we don't know if you ever coming back.
Speaker 5: That's the equivalent of invasion of California and saying the population of San Francisco and La cannot live there anymore.
Speaker 4: We're going to move you into another part.
Speaker 5: Of California the majority of the population and where whatever industry.
Speaker 4: They have is it's getting brutal. S getting brought me this government.
Speaker 5: There is nothing peaceful about this government. I mean with yeah, it's very right wing, it's very militant.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Gavin Newsom signing the Big Bills Plastic Band part two he signs into law, goes into effect into effect twenty twenty six January first.
Speaker 3: And this all deals with the.
Speaker 2: Fact that the last band done in twenty fourteen, actually we increased the amount of plastic bag waste because of a so called loophole, which basically means they don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that really wasn't a loophole. It was more unintended consequences than anything else. We can't get those single use plastic bags anymore, so it's much harder now to commit suicide with the thicker black bags because there are a lot stiffer.
Speaker 4: So you can't kill people with them as easily as he used to.
Speaker 5: And it's turned out that they are a complete disaster at seven point twenty.
Speaker 4: I'm going to talk about that.
Speaker 5: And this is the law of unintended consequences, which I've talked about over and over again, which lawmakers never spend enough time thinking about, and having been involved in writing a couple of bills that are law in California, we spent probably ninety percent of the time writing those laws, and talk about unintended consequences that is always the problem.
Speaker 2: We should do like a I don't know, scientific test in the Morning show where we get a bunch of plastic bags and put them over your head and see which ones do the job? Is he and gave me a thumbs up yep, Amy's too polite, but she's thinking it.
Speaker 5: See that's a pretty good at Halle Halloween costume too, is you put one of those bags over your head and then you masquerade as groceries.
Speaker 6: Okay, So people are bailing on the North Carolina's Republican candidate for governor. Several of the top officials in his campaign, Mark Robinson's campaign have stepped down. His general consultant, senior advisor, campaign manager, finance director, deputy campaign manager. They've all stepped down, plus the demputy finance director, the political director, another political director, and the director of operations. They've all left. And this is, of course, in the aftermath of a report on CNN of the governor's candidate making inflammatory comments on a porno website message board ten years ago.
Speaker 5: Now don't you find this interesting? This is CNN that released this information. This was several days ago. I have yet to hear another major news outlet corroborate that story. As a matter of fact, they all say, we have not corroborated this.
Speaker 4: ABC. ABC has not corroborated this.
Speaker 5: Channel, NBC goes NBC has not corroborated this. And no one seems to think that he didn't do it. I mean, he argues he didn't, that the whole thing is fake and all that, but no one's buying that at all. And so I'm just fascinated by this. And the big thing is why hasn't it been corroborated? How hard is it going to be to corroborate this story? And I have not yet heard it. Amy, have you heard any news outlets saying yep?
Speaker 6: Nope? I was watching the news shows yesterday. I was watching NBC and they said, we have not confirmed this, we're working on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you find that interesting?
Speaker 6: Yes, because, like you said, it was four days ago. You'd think by now they would be able to so that you have raised a great question. Why are they not? Is it too much to step into or is.
Speaker 4: It not real?
Speaker 6: Yeah, which is what Mark Robinson is.
Speaker 5: Saying, and he's the only one that's saying it though. You're not hearing any of the Republicans saying. You're not hearing the Trump campaign saying it is fake. Matter of fact, you know, Trump and other Republicans are stepping away. I mean they're distancing themselves away from Mark Robinson.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Jad Evans yesterday said it's not up to me to decide he needs to defend himself and prove that it wasn't him.
Speaker 4: If now do you find that surprising I do.
Speaker 5: Releasing that kind of information, I would argue if it hasn't been corroborated, I'd be screaming if I were a Republican, national or local.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is pretty it's pretty volatile and pretty bad.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: The other thing we learned is that CNN spends a lot of time on porn.
Speaker 3: Sites, clearly be able to get this kind of information. That's what word, that's the lead, all right.
Speaker 2: California Air Resources Board announced Friday that emissions of play at warming carbon dioxide shrink about ninety nine point three million metric guns in two thousand and two.
Speaker 3: That's compared to two thousand and.
Speaker 2: Twenty one, and that's the equivalent of two point two million gas powered vehicles taken from the road each year.
Speaker 3: They're thrilled about this.
Speaker 2: There's you know, some say that it's the more evs on the road. The others are saying that you also have trucks that are using bio fuels that are better for the environment as well. Crop based biofuds is what they call them instead of conventional diesel fuel, and that that's helping as well. So we shall see. And then you have China laughing at us, going, oh okay, that should help two.
Speaker 4: And a half percent and eight zillion trucks.
Speaker 5: I was coming up from Long Beach on Friday and driving from the port. I was down there having lunch with a friend, actually Rye Pile, and I was driving up towards the valley. And so I'm heading north on the four h five from the port or seven ten and heading south into the port ten miles or eight or ten miles of trucks bumper to bumper going three hundred yards an hour, knowing they're going to be there for the next three days in line to get to the port. I mean, I've never seen so many trucks in my life. Is along the road, all four or five lanes jammed getting into the port, all of them running diesel.
Speaker 4: What does that tell you?
Speaker 2: I will tell you anytime you could be kind of truckers. Be kind of truckers.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: They move everything for us on the daily basis, in the worst conditions possible. Slow down, let them, you know, merge all that stuff. I can't believe what they have to do for us on the data.
Speaker 5: The reason to recognize either just you know, look at their left arms and on their left arms more so than.
Speaker 3: Hanging it out the side of those long drives.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, the investigation into the implosion continues. The surviving co founder of the company that owned the titans submersible that imploded on its way down to visit the Titanic is going to testify today as a US Coast Guard panel continues to investigate what led to the implosion that killed five people. Now, the founder of ocean Gate was the one who was operating the mini submersible. He died in June of twenty twenty three, along with four other Titan passengers. The co founder of ocean Gate is Guillermal Sonline. He left the company in twenty thirteen, and he'll be he's the one who's going to testify today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think there was all kinds of problems.
Speaker 5: This thing was haphazardly built, didn't have the safeguards, and you know, five people.
Speaker 2: That died wasn't one of the issues build That they were using carbon fiber, which the integrity would be not half.
Speaker 3: But each time they went down, it would be.
Speaker 5: Yes, it would deteriorate, yes, yeah, Well they're doing the investigation now.
Speaker 4: But the bottom line is two things.
Speaker 5: Number one, I'm going to find it with substandard and construction and a risk from day one. And you probably will not see this ride at Disneyland, the Doom Titan ride where it simulates you going underwater to.
Speaker 4: Blows up and you die. That probably won't be seen.
Speaker 2: I would build that ride, but you should make a handle Land.
Speaker 6: Yea death and destruction that.
Speaker 5: Would yeah, it would be. Yeah, you can't breathe. Earthquakes simulated my.
Speaker 2: Happiest place on Earth, the happiest place on Earth.
Speaker 3: Handle Land. Oh my god. All right.
Speaker 2: Former President Donald trum he was talking yesterday and he says he doesn't see himself running for president again if he loses. He said, no, no, I don't. And he said, you know, hopefully we're going to be successful. But if not, why would that put him at eighty one or eighty two, because he's already now the oldest person running for president now that Biden's out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it would put him at eighty Well, if he's seventy eight, eighty two.
Speaker 4: I think clost to eighty three. A couple of things I want to point about to this was very interesting. Is one.
Speaker 5: This is the first time that Trump has admitted if he loses, oh, basically not saying that if I lose it is rigged.
Speaker 4: It's if he loses, okay, which is okay. The guy's running for president.
Speaker 5: Based on that, he is sort of agreeing that we have free elections. And the other thing I have not heard is the election is rigged.
Speaker 4: Not yet. I don't know if we're going to hear it or not.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: There have been some moves to change the voting in various legislatures around the country to make it more pro Trump.
Speaker 4: But I'm not hearing the same strident the election.
Speaker 5: Is rigged, the election is rigged. I'm not hearing that at all, which gives me some hope. Actually, now you'll hear the election is rigged if Trump loses, I guarantee you. But it won't be seventy five percent of the Republicans believing that like they did in twenty twenty, like they do about twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: So a little hope.
Speaker 5: And I can't imagine him saying I can't imagine him running again.
Speaker 4: There'll be a lot of pressure for him to run again.
Speaker 5: In the event he loses, I'll tell you that Mega Republicans will not give up the ghost. They believe in the world of MAGA that there is nobody else and whoever is nominated if Trump doesn't run again, will be an ersatz Trump, will be kind of an almost Trump, not quite, but sort of a wanna bee. So it's going to be fascinating, to say the least.
Speaker 6: Well, so Much for American owned motels is being acquired by an Indian company. The New York based investment firm Blackstone currently owns it, but they're selling it in an all cash transaction worth five hundred and twenty five million dollars. Doesn't that seem kind of low?
Speaker 5: Well, if you look at it, it is because they bought it for one point two billion. But from what I understand, they moved it towards a franchise operation and then that made buckets of money.
Speaker 4: And I think they're keeping the O and O. They owned and.
Speaker 5: Operated Motel sixes and that sold for what is it, six hundred and twenty five million dollars or five twenty five So we don't know exactly what this story is, but I don't think Oh my god. They bought it for one point nine billion, and they turned around and sold it for five hundred and.
Speaker 4: Twenty five million. It's not like Snappo.
Speaker 5: If you remember when Snapple was created and Rush Limbaugh put him.
Speaker 4: On the map.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we're huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think.
Speaker 5: Quaker Oats bought Snapple for two point something billion dollars and that's when a billion dollars was a fair amount of money back then. And they turned around and sold it for three hundred million dollars. They lost virtually their entire investment. I don't think this is the case here.
Speaker 4: I don't. This is Blackstone.
Speaker 5: Blackstone is the premiere, I think, maybe the biggest venture capital firm in the country.
Speaker 4: And these guys are real smart. They don't buy businesses and lose tons of money on them.
Speaker 2: All right, you remember the poop balloons. Well, South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Chiefs of Staff said today that Soul may respond militarily to any casualties caused by North Korea's launching of the so called trash balloons across the shared border. And this is what they refer to as internationally shameful and a petty act that creates discomfort and anxiety among our people. That is a low level act of intended and intended to incite conflict.
Speaker 5: It's actually a low level act intended to humiliate and just bug the hell out of you. So in response, what they should send up is porta potties on balloons and then just release those maybe armed porta potties with people inside them, you know, with shotguns or with machine guns. Yeah, come on, this is South Korea being ridiculous. Usually South Korea that says he makes these insane, stupid comments.
Speaker 4: This time around, it's South Korea.
Speaker 6: Well, Zelenski is going to share his plans to win the war that he's losing. Ukrainian President Zelenski is going to meet with President Biden this week and share his new victory plan that he says will achieve a just piece in Ukraine. The plan will include requests to strengthen Ukraine's arsenal as well as permission to strike targets deeper inside Russia, which the US has been kind of not very supportive of so far.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of moving pieces here.
Speaker 5: One is the election coming up, and that is the fear that Donald Trump is going to win This is only relative to Ukraine, and he is thinks very differently in terms of American involvement Ukraine NATO involvement. So in anticipation of Trump possibly winning, they're going to start front loading the weaponry going to Ukraine like crazy.
Speaker 4: Two.
Speaker 5: Russia says that if these long range artillery and missiles that can go deeper into Russia in fact are supplied by Americans and NATO, that's another line in the sand, and that will whatever he's going to say, we don't know we're going to do, but we're going to do a lot. Well, I mean, he's not going to go to war, all right, he's not going to attack NATO. Now, Can he go to war financially economically, you bet he can, except that may hurt him more than it hurts the Allied countries. Does he cut off his nose to spite his face, or cut off his face to spite his nose, or whichever way goes, or something new with nostrils. I have no idea how that phrase works, but well, we'll see what happens. I mean, none of this is easy. I think the bottom line is him threatening again this will be a line in the sand. You can't cross which had which has been crossed several times and nothing has happened.
Speaker 4: So that's to be planned out.
Speaker 5: And do Zlinsky is in Washington right now and I think he's I think he's speaking in front of the United Nations, isn't he?
Speaker 4: I don't know if he's doing that right now.
Speaker 6: He's doing that this week, and then we'll.
Speaker 4: Show you a schedule what right now means during this trip.
Speaker 3: Okay, ye, all right.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big fan of Council Member Kevin de Leone by any stretch of the imagination, but it's hard to disagree with him on this. You've got residents in Lincoln Heights and El Sereno that are frustrated because you have Union Pacific Railroads. They're they're like pausing and stopping their trains, blocking for hours, blocking important intersect actions. And now de Leone is looking at possible legal action with them. And you know that the fuel smells everything, they just pause for hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's crazy, isn't It does? Makes any sense? And you got to give Kevin de Leone credit. I mean, this is a sidebar story, but I had remember do you remember that when the scandal broke about those racist statements made sure at the Department of Labor building or not the Department the Labor Association building.
Speaker 4: And what is it, nori uh?
Speaker 5: Was that Martinez had to resign and the head of the Labor Federation had to resign, and he wouldn't do it.
Speaker 4: He just said, no, thank you, I'm not resigning. He was right.
Speaker 5: I didn't think he had a chance of surviving and it.
Speaker 2: Was the worst in that situation, but he but he pulled it off.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 5: I think that he I agree with you, he is dead dead right on this one.
Speaker 4: You just can't have these trains doing that block for hours.
Speaker 5: Although you know it's not in my neighborhood, so it's in I can understand euret.
Speaker 2: But yeah, everybody puts it in the neighborhoods where they think that people are going to speak the least loudly, and it sucks, because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does. Let's do one more and then we are done.
Speaker 6: This story is kind of tailor made for a movie. I think Luis Armando Albino was six years old in nineteen fifty one when he was kidnapped while he was playing at a park in Oakland. Now more than seven decades later, he's been found thanks to an online ancestry test.
Speaker 4: And he was.
Speaker 5: It was Wow, he was kidnapped in broad daylight, in the sun. Maybe that's why they couldn't see him.
Speaker 3: Is that a no bino joke? Really is?
Speaker 4: It is one hundred percent in now bino joke.
Speaker 6: Okay, So the woman who kidnapped him flew him to I'm just going glossing right over that. Bill flew him to the East Coast and he ended up with a couple who raised him as their own.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and seventy years later, I mean, obviously that's going to happen.
Speaker 4: It's just an interesting story.
Speaker 3: But his mom's mom dined in two thousand.
Speaker 4: I know everybody is dead. It's really strange. All Right, guys, we are done.
Speaker 5: KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 5: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.