Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: And almost exactly two hours we'll get our first Sweet sixteen game tipped off. And we spent some time earlier talking about the Alabama BYU game. In fact, it's come up here and there throughout the week, just because I think when you consider both teams their style of play. Alabama is a team that's coming off of a Final Four a year ago, and there's really not anything about them as far as the resume or even the analytics, if you're somebody who pays attention to that kind of stuff, there's nothing that would indicate that they're not good enough to get back to a Final four, maybe win the whole thing. It's just at times, they've looked a little bit complacent looking. They've looked not bored, but just vulnerable in a way that they shouldn't because they're loaded with talent. By the way I mean Alabama is. I mean Mark Sears is one of the best point guards in the country. He has been that for the last couple of years. I mean, he's he's a special player. And Grant Nelson another guy who was instrumental in their final four run last year, who's back? And you know overall, I mean, they're sitting at number six in the kin Pom there. Every one of their losses outside of one is to really really good teams. In fact, they are twenty seven and eight and only wow, this is this is We talked yesterday about teams in the Sweet sixteen that have wins against other teams in the Sweet sixteen. Auburn has more than anybody because they've got some really impressive SEC wins obviously, but they also went out of conference and beat Houston and I believe it was Purdue, so Alabama. I was kind of thinking maybe I shouldn't trust him to cover here, but during the break, Austin and I all I needed. All I needed was him to give me the nudge because I was leaning, Look, when it comes down to it, both teams want to do the same thing. One team is simply better at that. If they were playing a team that was really good at taking away pace and possessions, be a different story. But that's what BYU wants to do. And I just think they're gonna get in the ring with somebody that's better at doing what they want to do. But anyways, I'm now taking Bama to cover tonight and their losses. The only loss they have to a team that's not left in the tournament is Oregon, who just lost a close game in the round of thirty two to Arizona and then also they lost to Missouri. Other than that, they've got losses to Florida twice, see Auburn, Ole, miss and Purdue. All those teams are still dancing. So as much as at times I feel like they've looked complacent and I, you know, eight losses, I guess that's I mean, that's to me, that's not a ton But anyways, I'm trusting Bama. Maybe it'll be something because the reason I've gone so back and forth on this one is that when I've watched Alabama at times this year, again, I've never doubted like what they can do. It's like, Okay, are they really in it? Did they get bored after a final four? Are they not hungry to get back there and maybe cut down nets at a final four? But it's never been about like, you know, again, questioning what they can do. It's like are they in it? And NATO It's is a good enough coach to where I just don't see his team in this moment coming out coming out flat. But BYU again, when you look at what they've done since early February, I mean their only loss was in the Big twelve Tournament to Houston, who you know, is a once and one of the best teams in the country, so should be a good game. That'll be the first one. And then after that you have Maryland Florida and Florida Florida minus six and a half. As much as I love Maryland and I've talked about him here and there throughout the year, just because I think despite not having a whole lot of depth and despite not having you know, consistent shooting, like, they got guys who can get hot, and they've got a freshman who's really really good, and I think Kevin Willard's a good coach. I just I was so some would say Florida looked vulnerable because they you know, they needed a late run and maybe some luck too. I mean that's not a knock at them, but I think when you continue to move on in the tournament, sometimes you're going to look back at a game that was close and realized that you were fortunate because of a good call or maybe just a bad break that went against the opponent, but they needed that late run against Duke. I'm sorry against Yukon to pull through, but it made me more impressed with Florida than I've ever been, just because that game was played at the way Yukon wanted to play it as far as style. It was a low grind, physical, beat you up kind of match up and they prevailed. And I know Yukon is was clearly not the same team they were the previous two seasons, but Florida was in a tough spot where it looked like they were they were about to you know, they're about to slip, and they they didn't. And Walter Clayton Junior clearly one of the best guards in the country. I've never seen somebody.
Speaker 1: Have.
Speaker 2: I guess maybe i'm i'm I'm maybe using the the young terminology incorrectly here, But uh, do they still say in his bag Austin, is that still a thing?
Speaker 3: That's still a thing because he's.
Speaker 2: Got he's got he's got some tools in his bag that a lot of people would know how to use.
Speaker 3: Hear me out like he can.
Speaker 2: Get sped up and then just stop on a dime and elevate and square up and just knock down shots that sometimes aren't super contested, but like even get there to just you know, to elevate and get a look. It's a shot most people wouldn't be comfortable taking. That's why I say he's got some tools that most wouldn't know how to use. He knows how to use them, and he's very efficient at using them. Oh, he's him, I mean, he is him. He's he is really good. And you know, he was struggling against against Yukon. I mean, at least for a stretch. I don't even know what his numbers were. I'll pull it up here. Against Yukon, he had twenty three and he made yes. So but he was he was one of six from the floor from two point range, and I remember seeing maybe all of those misses and I'm thinking, Okay, this guy's just not as night. He's coming up short, shots just aren't falling. In fact, I remember three of his shots just very much just being short, and sure enough, he ended up catching fire. And doesn't mean he's going to be able to do that again. But I just think Florida kind of getting that real big challenge against a team with championship pedigree and then being able to kind of pull through like they should be writing a lot.
Speaker 3: Of momentum right now, and Maryland really give them credit.
Speaker 2: Hell of a bucket game winner by the freshman Derrek Queen, and he certainly has made the most of that moment by what he said afterwards. And you know, he's just been He's been great all year for Maryland, but I feel like he's finally getting a lot of attention because they've moved on here to the Sweet sixteen. And of course I believe he's the only one who hit a buzzer beater to end a game in the first weekend. But yeah, this Maryland team, I like him. I just don't like him against this Florida squad because Florida's I mean, I think they're the best team in the country. But there's a reason that these sports books make a lot of money. One of them is because they know how to set lines that make it really tough for you to decide which way to go when it comes to betting against the spread. Because I think Alabama is four and a half. I feel confident in that one, just because if Alabema wins. I don't see it being by I mean, I think they'll probably win this thing by seven to eight. But Maryland Florida, like that's where like I could see Maryland being down you know, twelve thirteen points and then making a late push. But what has me more so leaning Florida minus six and a half is that when you end up playing a really good team and you and you give up a big run and you're you know, do you dig yourself a hole? Technically you're still in it, right, It's possible for you to mount to come back. I mean, look, it's not like you're down thirty. But good teams like if they are able to give themselves some distance, create some separation. I should say.
Speaker 3: You got to keep in.
Speaker 2: Mind you can do everything on your end to get right and get yourself back in it to an extent, but when you've given up so much early on and you've dug such a hole, you got to bank on that team kind of you know, unraveling a little bit, not combusting, but just you know, being off their game, getting complacent, and that can happen. In fact, maybe maybe it happens tonight. But a lot of these teams that got here that's not in their DNA because they're good teams, and that's that. That is one of the factors that I think makes this second weekend with really good teams better than having a Cinderella there, because now maybe it won't make for exciting finishes or big come from behind victories for somebody, which again I guess that would be entertaining to see. But like Florida's the kind of team that if they end up getting up seventeen in the first half against Maryland, nobody'd be surprised. And the scenario where Maryland comes back and wins almost seems impossible because again, teams are going to make their runs.
Speaker 3: It happens.
Speaker 2: Even when you have like top five teams playing teams in the three hundred, you see runs happen. But when you get to this late in the season, these teams have played so many games. Again, everybody in this field of sixteen is a really good team and has been a good team all year outside of Arkansas just because you know they were late bloomers, as I guess would be the best way to describe it. So it's not interesting, but there's no dogs barking in these first two games for me, Austin, I think both both plays here are Florida mintus six and a half in Alabama minus four and a half, and you're leaning in Arizona plus nine and a half. And I just I'm going with my my heart on that. Okay, then that tells me all I need to know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So if I'm gonna be transparent with you on what I'm feeling like because I've told you when I get that stomach feeling, I can tell you. But I just I'm just trying to go with the I'm trying to ride Arizona as my emotional final team to really kind of that's what's kept me more or less caring about the tournament other than betting for it obviously, But I would like to see something big for them.
Speaker 2: But like I feel like if that's the case, if that's the case, like and you're you know, you're it's for the it's the fan element?
Speaker 3: Is it play here? Wouldn't it be to win, not just to cover? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, sure if you win, if you win a parlay in Arizona loss, but they covered plus nine and a half, Like, well, I just want them.
Speaker 4: To play really good then, yeah, that you know what I mean, And so it would be an added bonus if they did.
Speaker 2: When I get it, I've I've made wagers that you know, and I like to do both. I enjoy let's see betting games that it's there's no element of emotion involved, it's just I have It's I don't care at all who wins. I'm just going to try to figure out what I think is going to happen and try to make some money doing it. Then I have the you know, the fan bets that are more so in fact, mostly they're they're put together based off of what I want to happen, maybe not necessarily what I believe will happen, and when those win, like that's the best of both worlds, right, But those are obviously a lot of all right, absolutely, although Louisville early when they were hot in January, if you would take them to cover you were you were making money.
Speaker 3: You're looking pretty nice. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Arizona is man plus four twenty five, like and Duke is minus five seventy five. So they're like, it's like it's to the book. So it's like it's a no brainer. It's obvious it's a lock. So I mean, I'm I'm sort of scared of that. But plus four twenty five isn't isn't.
Speaker 3: Bad, bait?
Speaker 4: I mean, I do have five dollars in the account.
Speaker 2: Put it all on it, baby, I mean bet at big time. I just, I just I just looked this up because I wasn't I wasn't away. Obviously, Caleb Love has played against Duke a lot of times because he was at Carolina for I feel like ten years and then he's been at Arizona for.
Speaker 3: A couple more.
Speaker 2: Did he play did he play at Michigan or did go to Michigan and he couldn't get in? That's what it was, right, he couldn't get in at Michigan. Yeah, so he ended up So he's only played at those two schools. But anyways, he's clearly, you know, energized to get a chance to go up against the Dukies once more. Obviously, if if Carolina, sorry, if Arizona's able to beat Duke somehow, then like Carolina, should you know, retire his number, because that would you know that rivalry is real. And I'm sure I don't know if you're a Carolina fan since Caleb Love left, Like, are you cheering against him?
Speaker 3: Like, We've never had that happen.
Speaker 2: At least yet to where we lost a player that like was like Caleb Love played in the National Championship a few years ago. So to see him playing elsewhere for a program, you know, meaning he was at a program like Carol Line of you would never think would lose players. But obviously there was a tricky dynamic there between him and R. J.
Speaker 3: Davis.
Speaker 2: That was a backward that got you to a title. And then they couldn't work lead on Kansas.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, they were up ten a half and they choked it away like a bunch of bums. I made a lot of money in that tournament. I would have made a lot more had they won that game. And I bet them money line as dogs and they were up ten and half and lost.
Speaker 3: I mean, just Hubert Hubert Davis for you.
Speaker 2: But anyways, there's a rite up here from the Associated Press that tells you what Caleb Love has done in his previous games against against Duke, which trying to skim through here, this will be this, this is the second time he will have played Duke in the postseason, right, So he.
Speaker 4: Hit the game winner against him to go to the to the final championship game.
Speaker 2: How did I forget about that legendary coach last game. I forgot about that. Yeah, he hit that dagger three against Duke in Shoushewsky's final game. I forgot about that because at the end, like Kay got owned by Duke, didn't or Kay got owned by Carolina on his way out, which.
Speaker 4: They like they lost in the they was the ACC tournament to them too, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I didn't And I forgot that. They played earlier this year and obviously Duke held on to win, but that was when Duke was kind of like when Duke lost to because because if you look at and this makes total sense for a team that was built the way that they're built. But when Duke lost to Kentucky and then Kansas earlier this year, you know, there was some question of Okay, like they're talented, and they look like they've got an elite talent Cooper Flag looks looks legit. But they started the season four and two and in their first you know, first six games, two of their wins were again I mean, I guess, yeah, I'm sorry. They beat Arizona, and at the time everybody thought Arizona's gonna be good, and then we realized later on that Arizona wasn't that great. So in the game they played earlier this year, it was actually in twoson right, Yeah, that was on the road, true road game for Duke. They played them at Arizona, right, and Duke Duke won by fourteen, And Caleb Love did not have a good game in that one. He was three or thirteen with just eight points. So he's five and four over all about that game. In his five seasons as a college player, Caleb Love is five and four straight up against Duke, And I'm trying to see what is Yeah. For his career, he averaged sixteen points on thirty seven point six percent shooting, and he scored twenty or more three times, including that twenty eight point performance in the twenty twenty two final four. So it sounds like he's he's you know, he's not super efficient, but he's other than the game. Yeah, other than the game earlier this year, he's been he's been productive. I just don't you know. Again, I if I knew more about Arizona, i'd feel a little bit more confident in this one. But I know a lot about Duke, and I think they're scary talented.
Speaker 3: And this is where you just you know, you.
Speaker 2: Got to you got to chalk it up as the books just knowing how to get you, because I think nine and a half is the perfect number here.
Speaker 3: When I say that, I mean it's.
Speaker 2: Very hard to decide which way to go because nine and a half, like part of me says, Arizona should be able to keep it within single digits if they play well. But then again, you know, if Duke ends up winning this thing by seventeen, I'm not going.
Speaker 3: To be shocked either.
Speaker 2: Sure, this one screams stay away, but I can't stay away.
Speaker 4: It's the sweet sixteen to who the books think we are, I mean, stay away.
Speaker 3: Never never heard of her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't know her, don't want to know her. And then the Arkansas Texas Tech Game, I may do a straight bet just to take Arkansas money line, because I just when it's plus five and a half, I just I and I truly think that, like them, winning wouldn't be a real big surprise. I'm gonna parlay and I'm gonna put Arkansas plus five and a half, but I'm gonna do money line as well. As as a side bed, just because you know that's something I'm not in the necessarily like super confident in. But I really think that game's kind of come down to being a toss up, which is why I'm trusting that Arkansas plus five and a half will you know, we'll we'll be a safe bet, but again, you never know. I mean, look, it's all luck. I love I love betting on college hoops, and I've been you know, I've had some good, good days, bad days overall. But if I was really good at.
Speaker 3: It, you know, I wouldn't be doing this.
Speaker 4: Probably if you were to place a four leg parlay right now on all the underdogs a plus money teams to win, five dollars will get you seven hundred and seventy eight dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that reminds me of something my dad sent me earlier today, because he he every now and then will share with me what he's betting. And he made a bet on Sunday. And if I know my dad, I think I know how this played out. He made a bet on Sunday and one of those things that he bet was Kentucky winning, so like he didn't want to watch them winning, so probably just like, you know, the get all emotional bet checked out, but like he knew that maybe it would be good for the for the for the account, but like, I don't want to see it happen, right, because nobody wants to see your rival win and dance on, especially when you lost. But my dad did a four leg parlay where he did the Saint Mary's and Alabama game, and he did same game parlays in these two matchups. So he took Alabama minus twelve and a half hit, he took under one fifty one and a half hit. In the Kentucky Illinois game, he took Kentucky minus five and a half. They covered clearly, and by the way, he got that live. These were live bets. And then he got the under one sixty two and a half. So he put five dollars and that was plus over eleven hundred and the five bucks paid sixty. And I'm thinking, Dad, if you bet like you know, if you imagine mean again, just think about it, like if five bucks got you sixty, imagine if you bet twenty, Imagine if you bet fifty, which I net. Look I I normally if I'm betting something like ten dollars is now like a rare thing, but usually I'm between like fifteen and twenty twenty five in most like in most bets, but I'm not like making fifty bets a day, like I'm doing parlays for the most part. But when we get later in the tournament, like I'll bet fifty bucks on something just because I know that, you know, this is my time to you know, bet more than I typically do, because I'll stop betting for months as soon as college basketball ends. I may get in on the NBA, but like I probably won't.
Speaker 3: Because it'll be here.
Speaker 2: Here's the example I always use, at least whenever I'm looking at numbers, I guess more than anything, wasting time and trying to, you know, come up with what I think is going to happen and make a formulated guess essentially as far as.
Speaker 3: My bet that that's action that's fun for me.
Speaker 2: That's at least making me feel like, you know, if I do win, well, hell yeah, I know what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: Eat that sports book.
Speaker 2: But if I'm betting on something and like I wouldn't even know what to look up to make a to make an educated get you know, pick and bet, then it's like just going and pulling the lever on a slot machine. And look, if you win money on a slot machine, hell yeah, winning money in any ways awesome. But it's more fun at least for me whenever it's something that, like, at least I can convince myself and lie to myself and say, you know what, well, you you're just that good man, like you know your stuff, brother, Like that's that's what I'm telling myself whenever I do research and I win. I mean, look, winning is winning, and it's all at the end of the day, it's all luck. But college basketball lets me kind of disguise it to where I could you know, it's it's a fun ride, all right. Quick break will come back on the other side. A lot more to get into before we get out of here, so stick around. It is Coffee and Company fuel by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to Coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: We'll kind of have a rapid fire here as we close out the show. When I say rapid fire, I mean rapid fire of topics. This is I mean, I won't say I'm plugged in as to what's going on with former Kentucky women's basketball coaches. But Matthew Mitchell, years after retiring and being away from coaching, has decided to coach again. So Houston has hired him. And I don't know a whole lot about I mean, I think his retirement initially was like health related, but like he was really successful for UK women's basketball and stepped away. I guess just because he was done. Maybe there's more to it than I know. I'm sure there is, but you know, I didn't know he was looking to get back in. But he's now coaching at a Big twelve school, so I feel like he's been gone for a long time. But yeah, Matthew Mitchell heading back into coaching. Also, the comment earlier that I referenced from Tom Izoh that made me laugh, I mean, it's really not that funny. More than anything, it's just it speaks to my maturity, I think. But he was asked about the joy from winning NCAA tournament games, which I mean, I feel like, no matter what you've done, how much you've accomplished, to know that it's winner go home, outside of being like a sick versa one or I'm sorry a one versus sixteen, or a two versus fifteen, and maybe even a three verses of fourteen. I feel like, you know, outside of that, really the round of thirty two on, I feel like, no matter who you are, because you know that if you lose, it's over, even if you are a one seat playing an eight seed, like there should be not necessarily like ultimate satisfaction as if you've accomplished the ultimate goal. But I do think, you know, once you've gotten to the sweet sixteen, regardless of expectations, was there's a sign of relief that you got past that hurdle. Right now you got two more games to see if you can get to a final four. Well, tom Izzo, he's made many final fours. He only has one national championship. And I say that like it's you know, anybody having a national championship is something that they should, you know, be celebrated for. But his came so long ago, and he's been so good since that championship. He just hasn't broke through to win another one. And I really like tom Izzo because I think what you see is what you get. I think he's done a pretty good job of balancing the New World right, Like he hasn't made a complete identity switch, and he's made the necessary adjustments, but he's still kind of himself like his is this Michigan State team. One of the reasons why I think they're they're they've got a good chance to make a Final four is because like, this isn't his O kind of team, Like this is a team that I feel like when I watched them play, they've got his DNA.
Speaker 3: All over them.
Speaker 2: Like they they're tough, they're balanced, They're not relying upon one guy to go get twenty a night for you to beat good teams. I mean, they're as balance as any team in the country. So Iso, you know, he's he wears his heart on his sleeve whenever he was asked about, like a lot of coaches I think would have been real chippy being asked about how hard is it to, you know, get to a Final four again only to lose. It was right after they lost to Texas Tech when Beard was there, because they beat Duke and Zion and Cam Reddish and those guys, and it looked as say, if okay, if you can beat those guys, you can beat anybody. Well, then they lost to Texas tech, and he was pretty emotional, but he wasn't like mad at the reporter for asking the question. A lot of coaches would have shown their ass I think had been like you kidd me, like they would have just gone they would have gone full resume on him, like you think I'm you know, basically are you questioning how accomplished I am?
Speaker 3: He didn't do that.
Speaker 2: He was very emotional, not like crying, but like pissed and saying, yeah, it's hard, it sucks.
Speaker 3: I want to win, damn it. Like he was, you know, letting you know.
Speaker 2: And he still has that he because he was asked about the joy in winning tournament games, and his quote was this, once you win a national championship, winning a tournament game means nothing. It doesn't turn me on. So tom Izzo not aroused by winning any tournament games unless it's the ultimate game, meaning the championship, and you're cutting down nets a lot easier said than done. And again, he should know how hard it is because he's been that close many times. I mean, how many final fours does Zzo have? I'm gonna say he's got like six. Maybe I'm maybe I'm selling him short. Take a guess Austin. I'm gonna look at it, Howny. How many final words you think is oas.
Speaker 4: He has five?
Speaker 3: Izzo has eight final fours.
Speaker 4: Wow, I meander.
Speaker 2: I mean, so he's and he hasn't been since twenty nineteen, and you know obviously that that's not I mean, that's a long time ago. However, keep in mind we did have a year with no tournament and then we had a year with uh with you know, twenty twenty one, we had a tournament, but like it was a weird year and I don't really think when you consider what happened that year, like it was if there were teams that were good out of nowhere, that was really an outlier. Right, they haven't been like they have been great since, Like McK cronin made a final four after getting the playing game. Like, I don't think mc cronin is gonna be making any more final fours. I mean, it could happen, but anyways, the most impressive thing about Izzoh is that when.
Speaker 3: He was win, I mean, he went.
Speaker 2: He's been at Michigan State since nineteen ninety five as the head coach. He made his first final four in ninety nine. He won a championship in two thousand, So in twenty five years. This is the first time in his twenty five years that he is gone more than five years without making the final four.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So if you play it again in a previous world, like Iso was built different man like because he didn't have he only had one, one and done until who's the guy, the big man who is playing what is his name, big fellow who plays for the Grizzlies, really good defensive player, can shoot it as well. It's gonna drive me crazy, but he's I think he might have been like defensive Player of the Year in the NBA you talked goodness crazy recently the last few years or so. He plays with with Jared Jackson, Yeah, Jared Jackson. Yes, So Jared Jackson was a one and done towards kind of the end where that was like a you know back you know those pre and ile days. And then obviously Zach Randolph was a one and done many years ago in like the early two thousands. But other than that, like Isoud was the guy who did build teams, and those guys who played for him, I felt like they played there at least three or four years. Right, So if you played for Izzoh for like, you know, the first twenty years of his time, twenty five years of his career at at Michigan State, you went to a final four. Now his drought now from twenty nineteen to now again it is a drought. But like, I think they got a good chance to get back, and I think iso A lot of people knock him because I he's overrated, only one title, but like he's always close to getting right back here, and I wouldn't be shocked if they're in the final four once again. So I kind of want Michigan State to get one more for Rizzo out of you know, out of my respect for him, but again he should know better than anybody. Getting to the final four is really difficult, and he's done that plenty of times. But winning at all, especially when you get there against other really good teams, it's not easy. There's no random national champions, folks. There are random final four teams, a lot of them, but aren't there aren't random. Even Yukon is the only random title winner that I could think of. But they're not random because they have more than anybody in my lifetime. The year was random, like their's season, but like the brand, the program. Collecting that championship in twenty fourteen, like it's still is insane to think about.
Speaker 3: But they're Yukon.
Speaker 2: And Baylor I think may eventually be looked at as one, right, because I don't think, I mean, is he has he been in.
Speaker 3: A Final four other than that one. Scott Drew and Baylor.
Speaker 2: Was really good that year, Like they were loaded, but Gonzaga got all the attention and then they got smacked by Baylor when they got there. But again, I kind of feel like that could be another example of like an outlier, like that twenty twenty one season where we played but games got canceled left and right, there were no fans in attendance. It's a weird year and I'm glad we at least had a season, but like it wasn't it wasn't normal, and that was that was the only Final four that that Scott Drew's been to.
Speaker 4: He's kind of a weird dude too. I don't know what it is about Scott drewy.
Speaker 2: He's kind I mean, look, he turned down Louisville and Kentucky last year. And again, like I'm not saying he's a bad coach at all, but the dude's been to war one second weekend since twenty sixteen, and of.
Speaker 3: Course he won a title. But it was a weird year, you know, like this year, they should have been a lot better.
Speaker 2: Like I'm not, I mean, long story short, both fans would have been ecstatic to get Scott true, had Kentucky got him or Louisville. But I think here we are a year later, and like I mean, I'm glad. I think both both sides are clearly glad that it played out the way that it did.
Speaker 3: All Right, we'll say this.
Speaker 2: For I guess we can say it for tomorrow. But did you hear about what Szekai Zigiler did? Actually want to get to it now because it's not something that's gonna take a lot of time. But there's a photo of se KaiA Ziggler from when Tennessee played at Rup last week in the first weekend where he is posing for a picture holding the middle finger up in front of like the UK wall. I mean, I don't know if it's I don't know if it's like the locker room or what it is. I'm not sure if they use Kentucky's actual locker room or not. But It wasn't just a photo taken by a random teammate for the gram or for snapchatting he didn't know would get out. It was taken by like a professional photographer that followed Tennessee to cover their tournament. And I just think, like, that's a really I don't know Zakay Ziggler at all. That probably doesn't surprise you. But like he's you know, he's mature, he's he's he's a grown man, and I don't really see a whole lot of like antics from him on the court that would make me, you know, in a way, this is kind of harmless, kind of silly, and maybe he's thinking, you know, he's just having fun. He wasn't doing he wasn't thinking that Kentucky would see it, but you know they did, and I doubt that Kentucky needs and he added like motivation, but I mean, very a very unexpected. I wouldn't even call it a storyline, but it's certainly been a talking point in this matchup for tomorrow because I feel like Kentucky one of the reasons why I think they've got a good chance to win this game. I mean, there's a lot of factors. One they've already beat him twice. Also there to me, it seems like they've got a pretty like there's no pressure there. In a way you would think, well, they can't lose to if they fall short here in the sweet sixteen, and it's to a team that they already beat twice, Clearly there's proof they can when they should win, and if they don't, man, they're gonna you know, I just I think in a weird way, just like Louisville fans are bummed they lost last week, there's a level of being content because man, you took a big step forward and the future looks bright in year one of Pat Kelsey, I kind of feel like Kentucky would be able to say the same thing, like, they'll be upset, they'll be emotional. You go online if they lose tomorrow, you'll see people acting like a lunatic, because that's just how it works. But also I think they'll they'll have a level of reflection quicker than they usually do. That will that will, you know, maybe surprise you because I think they realize even if they lose, it's gonna be hard for them to look at that team and look at what they did getting to the Sweet sixteen and feeling like they, you know, they should have been so much better. I think Pope did a lot with what he had to work with. I don't want to act as if they got a bunch of bums there and he's playing with a bunch of Rudy walk Ons. But I don't Again, I don't think Kentucky is you know, superior talented compared to you know, some of the teams they beat this year. Our quick break will come back on the other side. Final segment. Wrap it up right here on a Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: So tom Izzo, as we just discussed, he doesn't get turned on by tournament wins because he's already won a national championship.
Speaker 3: That could be it.
Speaker 2: Or maybe it's because he's got low T. Maybe he can't get turned on because the t's low. I mean low testosterone does impact your sex drive, and that's the case.
Speaker 3: He needs to go see the.
Speaker 2: One and only Doctor Wood at the Louisville Men's Clinic because he can help you with low testosterone get your levels where they need to be, gets you back to feeling you know your age, well.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine Izzo with Wood?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't even want to imagine it would scary, of course, doctor Wood. Yes, yeah, I mean that's a that's a duo that you know, could do a lot of damage.
Speaker 3: My championships.
Speaker 2: You they came, I mean, they're nothing. They're hanging banners, that's what they're doing. So Louisllman's clinic, they can help you with the rectile dispunction, low testosterone, Peroni's disease, weight loss therapy, hair restoration. When it comes to just being a healthier man, they can do it and you may not even realize that you could be happier and healthier. That was me, Like, I didn't really feel like I had anything like wrong with me, and I guess technically, I mean, I wasn't in danger. But there was a reason why thirties hit me harder than I was anticipating. And I'm sure some of it was in fact, because you know, there is a difference in your life when you're thirty three and when you're twenty three. But now that my levels are where they need to be for somebody my age, I mean, I mean I feel younger now than I did for a good stretch of my early thirties. And I think, more than anything, it's because of me learning what low TI was and realizing that I can treat it and be better for it. And it's all thanks to the friends that I have over at the Little men Clinic. Check them out online Little Men's Clinic dot com or give them a call. Five oh two four four four four thousand. All right, very little time left here before we get out of here. And We've talked, of course, a lot about the matchups tonight, and I'll just tell you what I'm going to roll with you guys, can you know, fade, you can tail whatever you want to do, do you? But I'm going Arkansas plus five and a half. I'm going Alabama minus four and a half, Florida minus six and a half. And I am going to take the under one fifty four and a half in the Duke game.
Speaker 3: I'm doing the same thing.
Speaker 4: We got the exact same thing, do we?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about it? We've kind of been brewing this up, how about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Now about I've been through throughout the whole breaks of inside baseball, but I like it the under completely tailing the under.
Speaker 2: Is uh is is really from a competitives from an entertainment standpoint, it's it's it's no way to live, as they say, right like, but if you think that's like and it's a point, this will probably be, you know, considered a jinx by some. But when I bet unders, I know, going in like, I'm only doing it because I just think that's the best move here, because you don't want to bet the under unless you just and I've I've had success in betting the unders. And it's a weird feeling to like, yeah, give me, give me a segment where combined they score, you know, in between TV timeouts, the teams combined for six points, like, and it's crazy how it just passed in just in just stretches of play. You know. Okay, that's really good for the over or really bad for the over vice versa.
Speaker 3: That was really good for the under or really bad.
Speaker 2: And I mean, hell, we were riding on Sunday and that meaningless buzzer beater from Baylor gave us the over.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't that the Baylor do game?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: It was Yukon Yukon Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know, and that's one that, let's be honest, like that's luck. I mean, that's what it was. But sometimes that's that's what it takes to beat the book. But yeah, looking forward to tonight's games and tomorrow we got another round of them. We'll be back tomorrow to of course react to what happened last night and get you set for tomorrow evenings matchups. And I know I've said it many times this week, and I guess we'll see when we get to next week what the numbers look like as far as viewership. But as I look at these matchups here on the uh on the sports book, on drafting sports book, and it's showing, you know, all eight matchups tonight and tomorrow, I know there's no Cinderella, and I know that you know, there's really not even a I mean, I think when it comes to storylines coming from the first weekend, it was the fact that there wasn't a Cinderella and the Kevin Willard stuff that's certainly one of them. So therefore, like without there being a lot of other outside, you know, off the court entertaining storylines, it's kind of boring. But man, we should have some really good games, and I'm someone that still chooses to believe that that's important.
Speaker 3: And again that's what we.
Speaker 2: Have here, and hopefully it plays out that way, and of course hopefully you know, the parlay hits all right.
Speaker 3: Quick break.
Speaker 2: In fact, again I lie, not a quick break. I'm just so used to saying that. It's a long break, twenty one hour break. We're back at it tomorrow right here on Sports Talk seven ninety