Speaker 1: President Trump begins the week doing exactly what he was doing at the end of last week, working to end the war between Russia and Ukraine. Tonight, foreign policy expert Gordon Chang joins me for some out of the box thinking about how to stop the bloodshed in Europe if FBI director Cash Bettel has released new evidence of a pay for play scheme at the Clinton Foundation and the cover up at the FBI. The man who literally wrote the book that began the investigation is with us this evening. Also, there is a redistricting arms race in America. We'll examine what this means in Pure Power Politics with Ace Republican strategist Matt Brainerd and the New Orleans mayor has been indicted.
Speaker 2: It is a story.
Speaker 1: About love, protection and obstruction of justice. It's all next on the Matt Gates Show.
Speaker 2: Let's do this shaking up Washington, d C. We're breaking the fever.
Speaker 3: Do you haven't watched this guy on television.
Speaker 4: It's like a machine.
Speaker 2: He's great. Matt Gates. What a day at the White House.
Speaker 1: Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelenski met with President Trump and he brought back up this time and a better suit. I guess he didn't want to roll under dressed and alone after his last trip to the Oval.
Speaker 3: You don't have the cards right now with us, you start having right now.
Speaker 5: You don't your playing. You're gambling with their lives and millions of people you see. You're gambling with World War three. You're gambling with World War three. And what you're doing is very disrespectful to the country.
Speaker 4: This country.
Speaker 3: It's back to you far more than a lot of people said they should have you.
Speaker 1: Following Trump summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin, he got the rest of Europe representat in Washington today to forge peace. We repeat an undeniable observation, Donald Trump is the greatest force for peace in the world.
Speaker 2: He saw it on display today.
Speaker 3: But we're gonna work with Ukraine, We're gonna work with everybody, and we're gonna make sure that if this piece, the piece is gonna stay long term.
Speaker 4: This is very long term.
Speaker 3: We're not talking about a two year piece, and then we end up in this mess again. I love the Ukrainian people, but I love old people.
Speaker 6: I love the Russian people, I love them all.
Speaker 3: I want to get the worst off Alaska summit reinforced my belief that while difficult, pieces within reach, and I believe that in a very significant step, President Putin agreed that Russia would accept security guarantees for Ukraine. We're going to try and get a three party meeting, maybe as soon as we can, and I have a feeling you and President Putin are going to work something out if you'd like, I'll go to that meeting, And not that I want to do that, but I will do that because we want to save a lot of people from dying.
Speaker 1: European leaders will undoubtedly continue asking Trump to put Ukraine on a path to something akin to NATO membership. President Trump disagrees and rightly posted on truth social that there would be no going into NATO by Ukraine. I've got an idea offer NATO membership to Russia. Of course, for this caret Trump would need to get everything he wants out of Putin regarding the end of hostilities, economic cooperation, and territorial disputes. Before you suggest I'm crazy for thinking about NATO and Russia as partners, The idea has been floated by foreign policy thinkers on the right and left for some time. In nineteen ninety seven, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee held a hearing on NATO expansion. President Clinton, Secretary of State madel And Albright reflected on groundbreaking cooperation between NATO and Russia.
Speaker 7: We are pleased with the development of the NATO Russia relationship to date. We believe that the NATO Russia Founding Act and the permanent Joint Council it created offers real opportunities to develop a partnership between NATO and Russia through regular consultations and activities to build practical cooperation. I've been very pleased with the early work of that Council, including its first ministerial meeting in New York on September twenty six.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 7: I think that in many ways that was quite a remarkable meeting in starting this process out. I believe that these elements of the NATO Russia relationship, together with our bilateral efforts to integrate Russia more fully into the rest of the West, are beginning to bear fruit.
Speaker 1: That fruit didn't germinate because instead of doubling down cooperation with Russia, the thinking prevailed that we had to expand NATO and encircle Russia. We learned that an animal backed into a corner can lash out. It seemed we even knew what was going to happen, because also in nineteen ninety seven, a key report was issued by Republican Senator Dick Lueger. And you know he had to be very good at politics to get elected with a name like that. Senator Luger's report was directed by Victoria Neulan, who went on to work for Biden. Just listen to what a conservative Republican senator and a future Biden State Department official concluded.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: Russian leaders see the enlargement of NATO as a threat not only to Russian security but also the success of Russia's transformation since the collapse of the Soviet Union. In the face of continued Russian opposition to enlargement, it's imperative that the United States strive to improve NATO Russian relations and assure the country of its security and role in the face of a new europe close quote. These assurances were never given in the nineties or in the two thousands. That may be why we are here today. We chose encirclement over cooperation when people were saying cooperation could be part of our forward looking path with Russia. Michael McFall was President Obama's ambassador to Russia. In two thousand and six, he wrote an article titled why a democratic Russia should join NATO again. This reinforces that NATO membership is an earned reward, not an entitlement, but why not give Russia a chance to earn it. Charles Cupchin's piece, NATO's Final Frontier, Why Russia Should Join the Atlantic Alliance, was published in Foreign Affairs All the Way Back in twenty ten. It explicitly advocates for including Russia in NATO. He argues that excluding Russia is a strategic error, particularly as the West faces global shared threats like terrorism, nuclear proliferation, cybersecurity, and international organized crime.
Speaker 2: That was all the way back in twenty ten.
Speaker 1: Think about what our shared goals are now We might have to fight AI or Aliens alongside the Russians. Cup Chance suggests embracing Russia through NATO is more substantial than other partnerships and critical for a durable pan European security order. He's probably right. We are here and President Trump is trying to fix so many errors at the past. America got all frothed up on NATO expansion in the nineties. It seems Secretary all Bright new cooperation with Russia could bring peace, but she didn't execute it correctly. Republican senators like Dick Luger knew that Russia would feel encircled, but we expanded NATO anyway. The Obama administration, through its diplomatic corps, had ambitions for a reprochmad with Russia. Instead, Putin saw Obama as unserious and simply waltzed into CRIMEA NATO membership for Russia isn't coming tomorrow. But to make peace, everyone needs to give up something and get something. Everyone needs to feel safer in peace than at war. Making war is easy, all you have to do is attack. Making peace is hard. But at least the Trump administration is making progress. We believe that progress could and should ultimately lead to NATO expansion to Russia if everyone.
Speaker 2: Behaves, joining us now.
Speaker 1: One of the great foreign policy thinkers of our time and author of Plan Red, China's project to destroy America, the Great Gordon Chang So, Gordon, we are here on the heels of the Putin summit and the europe Group session. Where do you think this conflict stands?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 8: This is moving at Trump speed and trilateral in ten days would be something that most everybody would say is impossible, but in Trump's world, it is possible. I think there will a lot of important issues to get passed. One of them is going to be whether we impose sanctions on Russia in order to cut off some of that oil revenue. That would make Putin much more amenable. So I'm just as bewildered as everybody, because the one thing that Trump does is he actually takes everyone's expectations and changes them in ways which they thought were inconceivable and put them into reality. This meeting today was unreal, and it was due to President Trump's effective diplomacy.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I'm going to take the unconceivable and bring it into our reality for this discussion, Gordon, I remember back in the nineties and throughout the early two thousands, as NATO expansion was being discussed in the Baltics, in poland elsewhere, there were always voices from both the right and left suggesting that maybe NATO membership should be offered as a carit to Russia. And if that were to happen, do you think Europe could be safer?
Speaker 8: Well, certainly if Russia wanted to become a constructive member of NATO, no question, things would be better. And yes, after the Cold War, NATO membership was offered to the new Russian government, which turned it down. Right now, there's a lot going on. I mean, I wouldn't think that Putin would want to be a member of NATO for a number of reasons. One of them is that the Chinese probably wouldn't let him. But apart from that, you know, we'll just have to see and a.
Speaker 4: War.
Speaker 8: This happens every day.
Speaker 2: That's a very hot take.
Speaker 1: You believe that a barrier to Russian cooperation with the West through a military alliance like NATO could actually be hindered by the Chinese.
Speaker 2: You've got to explain that to me.
Speaker 8: First of all, China wants the war in Ukraine to continue indefinitely. And we learned this on July second, when Chinese Foreign Minister Wangi spoke to Kayak Kalos, the EU Foreign Policy and Brussels, and then Wangi said that China did not want to see Russia lose because if Russia lost the war in Ukraine, then America would turn his focus to China.
Speaker 6: In East Asia.
Speaker 8: Will you extrapolate a little bit from that, and that if the war in Ukraine ends, the US will again be able to look at China in East Asia. So I think the Chinese are going to do everything possible to gum up the works, because if they are able to do that, then they can accomplish what Wangi said. And I actually believe that Wangi was being candid with the Europeans. So this really is the Chinese position war indefinitely.
Speaker 1: It does seem China has benefited as the United States has engaged in wars throughout the Middle East and Central Asia. That's been the story of the last twenty twenty five years. We did see form and Vice President Mike Pence on CNN over the weekend call for secondary sanctions that would affect China.
Speaker 2: Let's hear from the Vice President and I'll get your reaction.
Speaker 9: I think at the same time he able to pick up the phone and ask Majority Leader John Thune to immediately pass the secondary sanctions bill that is supported by virtually everyone in the United States Senate.
Speaker 1: So my concern with this, Gordon, and please disabuse me if I'm incorrect, is that if we were to just reflexively embrace a secondary sanctions regime, that could strengthen the hand of bricks, because that would fuse those economies closer to one another, and it makes a stronger economic argument for bricks over inclusion with the West. So am I overly sensitive and concerned about secondary sanctions or is the Vice president correct?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: No, no, your concern is there, and I can certainly share it. There's a couple of other considerations. One of them is that you know, we put these secondary sanctions on India, which is our friend, but we didn't put them on China, which considers us to be an enemy. And the Chinese right now are telling visitors and they're telling the rest of the world that we're afraid of China because we won't put those sanctions on Beijing. So I think President Trump, one way or another, and I don't know how to do this, but one way or another, Trump needs to disabuse the Chinese of that. One way, of course, would be to impose secondary sanctions on the Chinese for purchasing a Russian oil. But you know you're consideration, you're concerned about the bricks. Yeah, it's a very important one.
Speaker 1: Every time we embrace a sanctions regime, it seems to be like a dog whistle saying, go think about bricks as an alternate economic system. And I know that's not what President Trump wants, but he does want to end this conflict. Bringing it to an end has to make everyone feel safer. Right, no one is going to embrace any peace plan if they think the peace plan is more dangerous for them than continuing the war. And I took note of what Envoy Steve Whitkoff said about Article five type security guarantees across Europe. Take a listen to Envoy wood Cough and we'll get your reaction.
Speaker 2: We agreed to.
Speaker 10: Robust security guarantees that I would describe as game changing. We didn't think that we were anywhere close to agreeing to Article five protection from the United States.
Speaker 1: So Gordon, when Envoy Witkof is talking about Article five type protections in an agreement between the United States and Russia to reduce hostilities, I mean, if it walks like NATA membership and quacks like NATO membership, does it kind of does it kind of seem like NATO membership to you?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: And I think it probably should be NATO membership because it's going to be effectively the same. And we should have an integrated military command with Ukraine. If we're going to give Article five type assurances, you know this is going to require.
Speaker 2: He was talking about Russia, so it's going to hold hold on.
Speaker 1: He was talking about Russia, he was This was not Witkoff reacting to the Ukraine discussion. This is him talking about the meeting that occurred with Vladimir Putin in Alaska.
Speaker 2: He I think I could be wrong, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Reading Wikoff there as discussing a full security regime across Europe that includes Russia, includes Ukraine and reduces hostilities.
Speaker 2: Are you seeing it differently?
Speaker 8: I thought Winkoff was just talking about Ukraine. But you know, you could very well be right. There's a lot of discussions that are going on that we don't know about. And you know, President Trump is somebody who is willing to consider, as I mentioned, things that were once off the table. So yeah, it's not on my BINGO card, but it could very well be on the president's and that means it could very well be a pan European NATO type arrangement that covers all of Eastern Europe.
Speaker 1: And that is what would really put China on defense. You see, if we were to align Europe Eurasia Central Asia against China. Then I think you start to see the strategy of China trying to keep us in forever wars A really look like a peace structure that gives a dividend to us, strengthens our hand against them. And as this continues, we hope we're able to check back in with you, the Great Gordon Chang. I'll leave you with this final opportunity to make a prediction. Do you think that we are able to.
Speaker 2: End this war before the end of twenty twenty five?
Speaker 8: I think that that's a real possibility. And by the way, you are the Great Matt Gates, So yes, Thank you very much, the Great Matt Gates.
Speaker 1: Always a pleasure. Thank you so much, Gordon Chang for joining us and sharing your great expertise.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: And coming up, FBI director Cash Bettel has really dropped some key information on us. It relates to an investigation into the Clinton Foundation. It's pay for play, it's obstruction of justice, and it all centers around the book Clinton Cash. The author of that book, Peter Schweitzer joins me. Next.
Speaker 13: Viewers are always asking me how can they watch oan live. The solution is simple. It's a streaming platform. Called cloud tv. Now it's spelled KLOWDTV. Simply go to cloudtv dot com and subscribe to watch twenty four to seven live feeds of OAN. The live package is only two dollars and fifty cents per month for all you can watch. Again, simply go to cloudtv dot com and do it today. Hey, did you know that One America News Network has launched a twenty four to seven Twitter like social media replacement. We're calling it free Talk forty five. So why is it branded free Talk forty five? Well, free talk because you will not be censored for expressing your opinion there, and forty five because forty five is a.
Speaker 6: Really lucky number.
Speaker 13: So join us at free Talk forty five and express yourself with no fear of calation. Ever, Hey, if your cable provider doesn't offer One America News Network, you should give them a call and kindly demand that they carryan Now, you're the customer, and without your feedback, your cable provider will not know that there is a strong demand across this country for One America News Network. So please call your cable company today and kindly ask or demand that they add OANN to their channel lineup.
Speaker 2: Hey, everyone. Here's a question for you.
Speaker 13: What does Roku TV, Apple TV, and Amazon fireTV all have in common? The answer is that all three platforms offer you the ability to live stream One America News Network from your Roku TV, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire device. Simply go to the app store, search out foran then enjoy all the great programming offered by Alien, including my show Real America.
Speaker 1: There's new information we're getting regarding pay for play with the Clinton Foundation.
Speaker 2: There was an investigation.
Speaker 1: Underway, and then herculean efforts by the Obama DOJ to shut that investigation down. It all started with a book called Clinton Cash, written by Peter Schweitzer. That book lays out in detail how the Clinton Foundation was basically a money laundering operation. People gave money to the foundation and then they got an FOB designation on any request that they made to the State Department.
Speaker 2: Do you know what FOB stood for? Friend of Bill?
Speaker 1: That meant the person who got that designation had likely paid off the Clintons through the foundation to get preferential treatment. It means your government was for sale in three separate cities. This book spawned investigations Washington, d C. New York, and even Little Rock, Arkansas. As these investigations were rolling, I was concerned that the DOJ had been compromised. I called for a special council back in twenty seventeen. With so many at the FBI and the Department of Justice conflicted, we believe a special council is appropriate. And the question for the Attorney General is what are you waiting for? We have a mountain of evidence and we need to see action quickly, Otherwise the American people start to question whether or not there really is this double standard where we're subjecting President Trump to scrutiny that the Clintons have never been subjected. Right. I was right, they never were subjected to that scrutiny. A special council was never appointed. Hillary got away with it, and we can blame former Attorney General Jeff Sessions for that failure. But now, thanks to a newly declassified memo, we see that then Deputy Attorney General Sallyates demanded these investigations into the Clinton Foundation be shut down. I was right back into twenty seventeen that they were never really subjected to the scrutiny that they should have been.
Speaker 2: And another reason is Andrew McCabe.
Speaker 1: He was deputy director of the FBI, and it looks in these memos and documents like he played a key role in swatting down legitimate investigations.
Speaker 2: Remember at the time, the director of the FBI was this.
Speaker 14: Guy Eller Swift and I go way back. I went to my first concert of hers fifteen years ago. I'm in a family's Swifty group chat. I know all her music and I listened to it on my headphones when I cut the grass. While our elderly makeup covered president is posting about whether Taylor Swift is still hot and declaring that he can't stand her. What's she doing living her best life? Thank you, Taylor Swift?
Speaker 2: How the Mighty have fallen? Thoughts in prayers?
Speaker 1: Jim Comy isn't Comy obviously wearing makeup in that video where he's making fun of someone else wearing makeup.
Speaker 2: It's just so cringe.
Speaker 1: But now we know that the Clinton cash allegations were never properly invested negated because those investigations were killed in their infancy. So we thought we'd bring on the author who started it all to react. He's the president of the Government Accountability Institute and the author of Clinton Cash. The untold story of how and why foreign governments and businesses helped make Bill and Hillary rich Peter Schweitzer, Peter, when did you first learn that your book had ignited these three investigations in DC, New York, and Arkansas.
Speaker 6: Well, Matt, it's great to be on with you. Yeah.
Speaker 15: The book came out in May of twenty fifteen, and I got calls from people in the FBI. These are the field officers. By the summer of twenty fifteen, and at the end of the day, there were at least four FBI offices field offices that were investigating this little rock Arkansas, New York, Boston, and strangely enough, a FBI office in Lagos, Nigeria, who had an audio tape of somebody bragging that they had given money to the Clintons and were now getting a favor. So that's kind of when it kicked off. And my experience was, you know, maybe you had a similar experience in your oversight in Congress. The field officers wanted to pursue this. They were very professional, and then almost immediately by early twenty sixteen, I was starting to get reports in directly that that leadership was shutting this down.
Speaker 1: Did you know at that time who in leadership, because it seems from what cash Bettel has put out that this really did come from the very upper echelons of the DOJ And it's the type of stuff like they accused us of. What's so crazy about this, Peters, the whole time they were investigating Donald Trump for obstruction of justice, they had just like come off of the obstruction of justice wave of the last administration.
Speaker 15: Yeah, let me underline what you just said, because you're exactly right. At the same time that they are killing an organic investigation that was launched by these four FBI field offices that had evidence and we're gathering evidence about corruption and pay to play involving also Russia. By the way, they were also creating a completely fictional investigation based on no corroborating evidence whatsoever, that Donald Trump was tied to Russia. And this, I think gets to the nub you played that clip earlier about the lack of scrutiny as you were.
Speaker 6: Talking about in twenty seventeen. This gets to the.
Speaker 15: Nub of the problem, at least as I see it, the corruption and the cronyism in the main building of the FBI, who are making massive political decisions to influence the twenty sixteen election. They certainly did it in twenty twenty with the Hunter Biden as well, And that's something that I hope Cash Mattel is going to work to reform and really clean up, because at the end of the day, if they're not major reforms, we're going to face this same problem going forward.
Speaker 6: At some point Cash Betel is not going to be director.
Speaker 15: At some point we may have a director that plays along the same way.
Speaker 6: So we need real structural or reform.
Speaker 1: And what would that look like, a reform that would outlast the very good people like Cash Hotel and Pamboni that we have in these positions now.
Speaker 15: Well, I think the key is transparency, right. I give Cash Mitel a lot of credit. He's releasing documents and material that is embarrassing I think to institutional FBI of course well before he was there, So I give him a lot of credit. Transparency is key, But I also think we have to look at breaking up FBI headquarters. They become too much of the culture of Washington, d C. And they become Washington insiders. Some of these guys probably were very good field agents when they were assigned to Detroit or Seattle or whatever. But they get to mean FBI headquarters, they start to cultivate relationships with political actors on Capitol Hill or in certain administrations, or maybe in the intelligence community, and they become detached from the traditional role that they had.
Speaker 6: So I'm not an.
Speaker 15: Expert in institutional reform, but I think it's got to include transparency and structural change that breaks up that hidden culture of the FBI.
Speaker 1: And you have to achieve that transparency while at the same time deconstructing the corrupt bonds that have fused between some of those bad actors and the media, right, because that's what I observed, the way that these people would come to Washington, d C. From far f along places all over the country, and then they would be ensorcelled by the DC media that they could be stars, they could be important if they leaked information, and then the media would embroider lies onto those leaks to try to really confuse the country. And the Russia hoax was central to that. I was very involved in the campaign in twenty sixteen, and when your book Clinton Cash came out, that was all the opposition research we need, like the notion that the Trump campaign was somehow trying to seduce the Russians into giving us information that you had already written a book on and published with all the evidence. Was so fantastical to me the entire time. I think it was some of the strongest evidence of Trump's innozence.
Speaker 2: Now in what you uncovered.
Speaker 1: Peter, and particularly the way the Clinton Foundation was used to curry favor with the State's Department.
Speaker 2: Do you see any.
Speaker 1: Crimes that survive the Statute of limitations? Jeff Sessions did a terrible disservice to us by not appointing the special council we asked for, But does that mean they all get away with it.
Speaker 6: It's a great question, Matt.
Speaker 15: I mean, you're the attorney, so I'm probably going to defer to you on that specifically. What I would say is that I think clearly there were laws that violated. I don't know what the statute of limitations are, and correct me if I'm not right on this, but I do believe that if it is a criminal conspiracy, and there are conspiracy charges that can extend the Statute of limitations.
Speaker 6: As long as the conspiracy goes forward.
Speaker 15: So my hope is that this will absolutely be looked at. It needs to be looked at, and I think we need to underscore the point you made about the media. Let's remember part of the way that they got the FISA courts to go along with some of these wire taps in the so called Russia collusion involving Trump is they would leak material to a news source. That new source would then run a story, and then they would use that new source with a PHIZA judge as evidence as to why there needed to be a PHIZ investigation. So there is absolutely a mass manipulation going on. I think the good news is that the media outlets like the New York Times in Washington Post, who before twenty sixteen were known to be left of center but people wanted to give them at least some credit, have completely and totally trashed their brands, and that's not something they're ever going to get back.
Speaker 1: We've been giving the Democrats a hard time, but a lot of this critique is fair as a bipartisan one, because those FISA abuses that you just described, and you described them exactly correctly, were then rewarded with an extension of FIZA powers. Republicans and Democrats worked together against me against even some of the more progressive Democrats, and they made FISA apply in a variety of ways that I think ensures its further abuse. And so I hope there's some reckoning that that comes. But I also want you to address this. Peter, you've written a number of pieces after Clinton Cash. You talked about the bidens. There are a number of empires that exist in Washington, d C. Where what the Clintons did is just the archetype. You have a family member who is in power, and then you have other family members who basically sell access to that power and who sell the ability to lever that power. You saw it with the Clintons, You saw it with the menendez Is. I mean, heck, even the former Republican chairman of the Intelligence Committee, Senator Burke, his son and.
Speaker 2: Wife were lobbyists.
Speaker 1: How would you like to go against them if your matter was before some tribunal?
Speaker 2: And so?
Speaker 1: Can you talk about this methodology of corruption in Washington and its nature across the political spectrum?
Speaker 15: Yeah, no, you're exactly right. I would add Mitch McConnell to that list. It's a bipartisan problem. And look, what the Clintons did was sort of it was proof of concept in a lot of respects. They demonstrated that number one, what I call offshore and corruption. In other words, it's not the elected official that's actually getting.
Speaker 6: The deal or making the money per se.
Speaker 15: They're not the ones that are even having a conversation with the foreign influencers. It is a family member. In the case of the Bidens, of course, it was Hunter Biden. In the case of the Clintons, it was a Hillary or Bill depending.
Speaker 6: Who was in power.
Speaker 15: And so it's offshoring corruption, and our ethics laws have not kept up with this methodology.
Speaker 6: You see the same thing with the insider trading stuff.
Speaker 15: You know, Nancy Pelosi's saying, well, it's not my stock picks, it's my husband that's making these highly selective and remarkably good stock picks. So we need to exercise understand the offshoreing corruption. The other thing we have to understand, Matt, is the Clintons. It was proof of concept of globalized corruption. We all understand, you know, the congressman from Iowa who gets a federal paving contract for his cousin. We understand that kind of run of the mill corruption that needs to be dealt with. What the Clinton said was, we've got this whole, big, beautiful world, and we've got all these corrupt countries like China and Russia and Ukraine, that have much lower ethical standards in the United States.
Speaker 6: Let's go there and we can make a fortune.
Speaker 15: So they've demonstrated that globalizing corruption is the way to go, which makes it, I think even worse. It's bad enough to have a crooked cousin back in the district making money, but if you've got foreign oligarchs or governments like China that want bad things for us, they're making money and gaining access, that's one hundred times worse.
Speaker 2: We'd rather have neither.
Speaker 1: But if we have to have corruption, can at least it reside as America first, corruption, not corruption that has to reach across oceans and global boundaries. But you make such an important point. It is a more relevant book today, Clinton Cash than even when you wrote it, because now the concept has been proven because Jeff Sessions didn't do what I asked, because there was no real review. This is now the game plan that has run over and over, and it's why so many decisions get made that don't serve.
Speaker 2: The people of our country.
Speaker 1: Peter Schweitzer We are so grateful for the work that you do to bring this to the forefront and hope you'll join.
Speaker 2: Us again soon.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thanks Matt.
Speaker 1: And coming up, we go to the White House where Daniel Baldwin has the latest on the summit with President Trump and major leaders from Europe, the exchanges with the President of Ukraine. We're far more jovial this time. We'll get into it with the man who is on the beat at the White House better than any other. Back in a few moments.
Speaker 13: Hey, did you know that One America News Network has launched a twenty four to seven Twitter like social media replacement. We're calling it free Talk forty five. So why is it branded free Talk forty five. Well, free talk because you will not be censored for expressing your opinion there, and forty five because forty five is a really lucky number. So join us at free Talk forty five express yourself with no fear of cancelation. Ever, Hey, if your cable provider doesn't offer One America News Network, you should give them a call and kindly demand that they carryan Now you're the customer, and without your feedback, your cable provider will not know that there is a strong demand across this country for One America News Network, So please call your cable company today and kindly ask or demand that they add ANN to their channel lineup. Hey everyone, here's a question for you. What does Roku TV, Apple TV, and Amazon fireTV all have in common? The answer is that all three platforms offer you the ability to live stream One America News Network from your Roku TV, Apple TV or Amazon Fire device. Go to the app store search out for an, then enjoy all the great programming offered by on including my show Real America. Hey, did you know that video clips from my program Real America and all the other talk shows offered by One America News Network are available to you for free on OA and N dot com. You can also enjoy the latest in breaking news videos by visiting OA and N dot com. Make sure you stay informed and visit o ANN dot com daily. And if you'd like to show support and wear some support for One America News Network, then visitor online store for the latest shirts, hats, and mugs.
Speaker 16: I think that we had a very good conversation with presidents, very good and it really was the best one or sorry, maybe the best one will be in the future. I will speak more about security guarantees. This is where important that the United States gives such strong signal and is ready for security guarantees.
Speaker 1: It was a huge day at the White House, Trump, Zelenski, European leaders. We want to go right to the action with Oan Zone. Chief White House Correspondent Daniel Baldwin. So, Daniel, you were in the room for the last Zelenski visit, which was disastrous. The tension was thick, the feelings were hurt. How are the vibes different today?
Speaker 12: Oh, it was super cordial, Matt, And you could tell immediately that Zelensky had learned from his previous mistakes. First and foremost, he showed up with a pseudo suit, not with a tie, but it fit the bill per se. And the first thing that came out of his mouth in that Oval office was a thank you, definitely making the Vice President a lot happier than he was in the first meeting. But the bottom line, as he saw two leaders who were cordial, they were collaborative, and they shared the same goal creating a pathway to peace. And they seemingly were on the same page at least for the most part, as to how to get that done. A trilateral meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin. If President Trump can get Putin in Zelensky in the same room with himself.
Speaker 11: Acting as a mediating peace.
Speaker 12: Force, a problem solver, and a fixer, they're gonna have a pretty darn good shot at getting this done. But a wildly productive meeting from an optic perspective here at the White House today.
Speaker 2: No doubt.
Speaker 1: If you got those three in a room, get everyone else out, all the European leaders, all the staff, everyone else. Let President Trump cook. We did have a number of those other European leaders at the White House today. Did they seem happy with the audience they got with the President? And what's their main message walking out?
Speaker 11: Oh, undoubtedly, Matt.
Speaker 12: They got their three minutes of fame in the East Room when they each got to go around that table and talk a little bit about what they wanted.
Speaker 11: Some of them called for a ceasefire, which.
Speaker 12: Doesn't really seem to be happening after the Alaska Accords of last week. President Trump walked out of their emphasizing that THEIS didn't necessarily agree to that at that point in time.
Speaker 11: But the bottom line is really this.
Speaker 12: They were pleased at the United States seemed willing to play ball a little bit with the security guarantees that Zelenski seems to be wanting, and he sort of spelled that out the Oval.
Speaker 11: Office as well.
Speaker 12: He said that he believes that a crucial security guarantee for Ukraine.
Speaker 11: Involves re arming their army.
Speaker 12: He said a strong Ukraine army in the United States can sort of help with that by supplying things like Patriot missiles. That's directly from what Zelenski said in that Oval Office.
Speaker 11: Today.
Speaker 12: Europe seems very happy with the United States his willingness to do that from at least to the fact that President Trump said they're willing to play ball, even though he thinks it's a very overrated aspect of this whole thing. Because the bottom line, Matt is, Donald Trump is the security guarantee. But he didn't invade Ukraine when President Trump was in office, and he wouldn't really try anything again. Historical president has already proven that. So Donald Trump himself, being in office, being in power, that is the only security guarantee Ukraine needs. But it seems as though the President is at least willing to entertain ideas if it will get this peace deal at least done, because this is a legacy play for Donald Trump. If he can bring an end to this war, something that leaders the previous administration started couldn't get concluded that it's the bloodiest war in Europe and the better part of eight decades, it will cement his legacy as the greatest peacemaker that this office has seen in at least fifty years.
Speaker 2: No doubt about it.
Speaker 1: And you know, President Trump is not only having to wind down other people's wars, he's having to make sure that we're not getting thrust into any new ones.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: When Zelenski talks about security guarantees, I want to spend a moment on this because that can turn into a bit of a Rockshire test itself.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: One person might see security guarantees and say, well, that might mean we'll do everything we can with our diplomacy and with our might to deter future invasions of your country. Another version of security guarantees is go get a bunch of weapons for us, have other people pay for them, and then we're going to rock massive weapons up against the border of our neighbor who's not all that friendly with us. In Zelensky's thinking, you seem to be reporting. It's way more of the latter. What do you think the administration is thinking about what constitutes a sufficient security guarantee?
Speaker 12: It's a great point, I mean, all you can talk about today. He said that he seems to be willing to play ball a little bit with it, even though he thinks it's a largely overrated aspect to this entire part, Matt. And this is why this trilateral meeting is so crucial.
Speaker 11: You need to get both of them in a room.
Speaker 12: Zelensky needs to say his piece as to what he believes is sufficient, Putin.
Speaker 11: Needs to go back and forth.
Speaker 12: They likely won't necessarily agree, But that's why you need to have a problem solver like Donald Trump in the middle, trying to find a way to find a palatable solution for both. I'll give you an example, right the Armenia Azerbaijan conflict that the President just brought an end to that's been going on for the better part of thirty five years. A large part is because of that corridor that sort of extends towards both countries. That was a massive sticking point. Donald Trump found a solution to that by making it the trip the Trump the Trump root for international peace and prosperity per se.
Speaker 11: It's a creative solution. It's what the President does.
Speaker 12: He finds creative solutions to stuck in the mud problems.
Speaker 11: And that's why you.
Speaker 12: Hear Zelenski talk about this trilateral and why you hear Donald Trump talk about this trilateral and it's why you hear about how they need to do it immediately, Matt.
Speaker 11: They have momentum.
Speaker 12: This is sort of something that the president feels as though if they move quickly they can kind of get a little bit more speed in haste to this. But it's why this needs to happen, so the President can see where both of them are coming from and find a creative solution that he finds acceptable. But the bottom line is is that he is the ultimate security guarantee.
Speaker 1: You yeah, and I get the sense that this is moving at the pace that you're talking.
Speaker 2: About, Daniel.
Speaker 1: Under normal times, you would see a summit like we saw in Alaska, followed by a bunch of ministerial meeting, staff meetings. There'd be kind of a multi week reverberation off of that. Here Trump gets right back on it on Monday with Zelensky brings Europe to the table to make that time very efficient. And you know, I do wonder when you know the administration is eyeing this trilateral meeting. I think that's the big thing they may have gotten out of Putin is the sense that everybody would sit down and attempt to work this out. But I mean, are you thinking days, weeks?
Speaker 2: Months?
Speaker 1: I won't hold you to it, but would love your prediction kind of on banding that timing expectation.
Speaker 12: It depends on how this phone call Putin goes today, Matt. And that's sort of the thinking at this point in time. It depends on how it's going Putin, seems Willings. Zolensky doubted the fact that Putin was willing to do that, and he said it Putin isn't willing to do a trilateral He needs to be hit with more sanctions. But my prediction is that Putin would be willing to do this because think about the timeline that led up to the Alaska summon, right, Matt. You had President Trump hammering Putin in public for weeks and then he's threatening him with these severe economic sanctions, and then he does hit a country with severe terrorists.
Speaker 11: But it wasn't really Russia.
Speaker 12: It was India, which was a fascinated move by the President. India is a major trading power on the global stage, and the President hit him with fifty percent tariffs for buying Russian oil and gas, and then all of a sudden, then Putin requests a meeting with Donald Trump. Via Steve Woodcoff, It's very interesting because President Trump established a credible economic threat. If he's willing to hit India, he'd hit anyone economically, at least perspective for buying Russian oil and Russia. The Russia economy is obviously showing signs of cracking. Russian revenue from oil and gases down twenty seven percent approximately year over year.
Speaker 11: We had Bloomberg.
Speaker 12: Reporting about this bank turmoil in Russia as well, Matt, So that sort of gave President Trump this viable, incredible threat that he can lob at Russia that would sort of hit their pain threshold.
Speaker 11: So to speak.
Speaker 12: So that gives me reason to think that Putin will play ball to an extent and there will be a trilateral meeting, and it will happen within the next ten days or so.
Speaker 11: That's my hot take for it.
Speaker 1: Is hot take, and it is actually brilliant analysis, and it really really draws into sharp focus the important moments that are ahead. He is the very best man covering the Trump administration there at the White House. Our own Daniel Baldwin, Chief White House correspondent for One American News. Thank you for being on the story and we'll check back in with you after that phone call with President Putin.
Speaker 2: And coming out.
Speaker 1: There is a redistricting arms race going on in the country. It could mean advantage for Republicans or Democrats, but the timetable is drawing near for decisions to be made about whether or not there will be entirely new congressional districts all around the country. We've got ace Republican strategist Matt Brainerd here after a quick break.
Speaker 13: Hey, if your cable provider doesn't offer One America News Network, you should give them a call and kindly demand that they CARRYAN. Now you're the customer, and without your feedback, your cable provider will not know that there is a strong demand across this country for One America News Network. So please call your cable company today and kindly ask or demand that they ADDANN to their channel Lineup.
Speaker 2: Hey, everyone, here's a.
Speaker 13: Question for you, what does Roku TV, Apple TV, and Amazon fireTV all have in common? The answer is that all three platforms offer you the ability to live stream One America News Network from your Roku TV, Apple TV or Amazon Fire device. Simply go to the app store, search out FORAAN, then enjoy all the great programming offered by ON including my show America.
Speaker 2: Hey did you know that?
Speaker 13: Video clips from my program Real America and all the other talk shows offered by One America News Network are available to you for free on oaan n dot com. You can also enjoy the latest in breaking news videos by visiting oaan n dot com. Make sure you stay informed and visit oann dot com daily. And if you'd like to show support and wear some support for One America News Network, then visit our online store for the latest shirts, hats, and mugs. Viewers are always asking me how can they watch OAN live? The solution is simple. It's a streaming platform called cloud tv. Now it's spelled klowd TV. Simply go to cloudtv dot com and subscribe to watch twenty four to seven live feeds of OAN. The live package is only two dollars and fifty cents per month for all you can watch again. Simply go to cloudtv dot com and do it today.
Speaker 4: Are you open to holding an election in your country?
Speaker 16: Yes, of course, we need to work in parliament because during the war you can have elections, but we can we can do security.
Speaker 3: So you say, during the war you can't have elections. So let me just say three and a half years from that. So you mean if we happen to be in a war with somebody, no more elections.
Speaker 1: I wonder what the that was President Trump pointing out to President Zelensky in his special and unique way, that suspending elections due to war is not exactly the most pristine example of democracy. After all, under Zelensky's standard for democracy, what would stop any leader from merely maintaining a low temperature hostility forever just to maintain power. That was the point of the gentle ribbing he got from President Trump. It's worth noting that in America we even voted during the Civil War. But this isn't a segment where we intend to be overly judgy about democracy in voting, because it appears we have some issues to.
Speaker 2: Address here at home.
Speaker 1: Before opining on the future of Ukrainian democracy, check out this video of Democrat Michigan City councilman Aboo Musa on tape stuffing after do ballots into a dropbox in the middle of the night. It was this second video of Musa's stuffing ballot boxes to service in less than a week. This video is from August first, just days before he won the city's primary election. I guess this is what democracy looks like. President Trump made his own views about mail in voting very clear today.
Speaker 3: We're going to end mail in voting. It's a fraud if you have mail in vote. Even Jimmy Carter with this commission they set it up.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 3: The one thing about mail in voting, you will never have an honor selection if you have mail in it. And it's time that the Republicans get tough and stop it. Because the Democrats wanted it's the only way they can get elected.
Speaker 1: But it's not just how people vote, it's who gets to vote in what districts that's shaping up the political landscape. In Texas, Republicans drew maps that yielded more Republican seats. Democrats then fled the state to deprive the legislative body of a quorum to conduct business.
Speaker 2: They have not returned.
Speaker 1: Then, in California, Governor Gavin Newsom unveiled a plan to spend two hundred and fifty million dollars for a statewide election to approve new maps to generate more Democrat seats. We think that idea is a bit nutty. Now we've got a lot of states playing cartography chicken, We've got ballots being stuffed into boxes in the middle of the night, and we have European leaders telling us that the future of democracy doesn't necessarily include voting. When there are hostilities, democracy seems to be.
Speaker 2: Having a bad day.
Speaker 1: Joining us now is the former director of data and strategy for the Trump twenty sixteen campaign and executive director of look Ahead America, Matt Brainerd. So, Matt break down this redistricting arms race for us. What are the choices states are facing.
Speaker 17: It's important to remember where it started. If you listen to the left wing media, they'll tell you that Democrat states like California are retaliating because of what a Texas is doing. But the truth is that this started last cycle in New York. New York had perfectly good lines. They produced a majority Democrat congressman, but they weren't happy because a few too many Republicans won. And you remember this is New York decided to do a mid cycle redraw their lines to eliminate some Republicans and that was successful. So Texas is taking looking saying like we can probably counter that, and then California's coming along and trying to counter that, and it's going to end up in an arms race.
Speaker 18: It's report to remember something. It's very important.
Speaker 17: When Democrat control states draw lines, they draw them to optimize the number of Democrats elected. When Republicans have control to draw lines, they draw them based on geographic interests, protecting incumbents. You saw this happen in your home state of Florida. In fact, the Florida Republicans, who completely controlled the state, drew a map, submitted it to government SANTUS, and to SANTUS vetoed it says, hey, guys, we.
Speaker 18: Could have at least a couple more Republican congressmen. Go draw this again.
Speaker 17: So the problem that we face is that for too long Republicans have not prioritized optimizing the number of Republicans in Washington. And now I've got a very narrow, narrow majority trying to push through President Trump's agenda. So of course he's looking back at states like Texas and Missouri and Indiana and maybe even trying to squeeze a little bit more juice out of Florida to get us a few more seats there, And of course the Democrats want to retaliate. And one of the challenges with this issue is that this really just comes down to pure power politics, because outside of your audience and some people online, voters both don't care about this issue very much and often just don't understand it. They don't understand that you can have a state that Trump won by with sixty percent of the vote, but can only give thirty percent of their members of Congress to Republicans because of how those lines are drawn. It is a very complicated and murky subject. And the truth is it's very hard to say who's fair and who's not.
Speaker 2: It's just pure both.
Speaker 1: Sides we will accuse the other of being that's what you're a data scientist, That's why I brought you on. And what I really want to understand is if the arms race continues and all states become maximalist jerrymanderers, who has the advantage Republicans or Democrats.
Speaker 17: Right now, if all the gloves come off, there's a small advantage to Republicans, and there's because they again, they have not historically completely optimized to put more Republicans in office. They protected incumbents and they like geographic lines that put keep counties together, whereas Democrats.
Speaker 18: Have no compunction.
Speaker 17: So if the gloves really do come off, I think Republicans can pick up quite a few seats. And there's something else happening in the background that has the potential to help Republicans a lot more. The Supreme Court is potentially going to knock out the vire requirement that says if you have a black population in the state, they have to.
Speaker 18: Be able to elect a member of their own race.
Speaker 17: Once that gets knocked out, assuming it does, you'll see your former colleagues like Cliburne in South Carolina, those districts will.
Speaker 18: Just be completely vaporized.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 18: Same thing with in Tennessee.
Speaker 17: There's states these red red stakes that have to have that one Democrat district because they have a black population.
Speaker 18: They'll be lable to eliminate all of them.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: It'll be something we'll definitely have you back on to chat about it more. Matt Brainer, the head of look Ahead America and one of the smartest data scientists around on the Republican Party.
Speaker 18: Thanks for coming on, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: You know what's rare these days of pharmacy that's actually on your side. I've been telling you to check out All Family Pharmacy and they just drop prices by up to twenty five percent on two of their most requested medications. I've remectin and mebenzidol Ivermectin now just starts at two dollars a capsule. That's a huge deal, especially if you need higher doses or you just want to stock up. They're doing this because they believe people should have access to the meds they want without jacked up prices or people getting in the way.
Speaker 2: You don't need insurance.
Speaker 1: You just go online, fill out a short form, and a licensed doctor reviews it. Once approved, the meds ship writes your door. It's simple, secure, and puts control backwhard belongs with you. They've got over two hundred medications and are working hard to keep prices low. Go to All Family Pharmacy dot com, forward slash Matt use code Matt ten to save an extra ten percent. That's all Family Pharmacy dot com, Forward slash Matt promo code Matt ten and back. In just a moment, we'll have the news on the New York I'm sorry the New Orleans Mayor. It's hard to keep them separate. The New Orleans mayor who was just indicted.
Speaker 2: But there could be a.
Speaker 1: Love defense and we will explore it next.
Speaker 13: Hey everyone, here's a question for you. What does Roku TV, Apple TV, and Amazon fireTV all have in common? The answer is that all three platforms offer you the ability to live stream One America News Network from your Roku TV, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire device. Simply go to the app store search out for an then enjoy all the great programming offered by Olien, including my show Real America. Hey, did you know that video clips from my program Real America and all the other talk shows offered by One America News Network are available to you for free on oan N dot com. You can also enjoy the latest in breaking news videos by VISITINGA and N dot com. Make sure you stay informed and visit oann dot com daily, and if you'd like to show support and wear some support for One America News Network, then visit our online store for the latest.
Speaker 6: Shirts, hats and mugs.
Speaker 13: Viewers are always asking me how can they watch OAN live? The solution is simple. It's a streaming platform called cloud tv. Now it's spelled klowd TV. Simply go to cloudtv dot com and subscribe to watch twenty four to seven live feeds of Oan. The live package is only two dollars and fifty cents per month for all you can watch. Again, simply go to cloudtv dot com and do it today. Hey, did you know that One America news network has launched a twenty four to seven Twitter like social media replacement. We're calling it Free Talk forty five. So why is it branded free Talk forty five. Well, free talk because you will not be censored for expressing your opinion there, and forty five because forty five is a really lucky number. So join us at free Talk forty five and express yourself with no fear of cancelation.
Speaker 1: Ever, a federal grand jury has indicted New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell on multiple felony charges. Prosecutors alleged she engaged in a year's long scheme to conceal a romantic relationship with her state employed bodyguard, Jeffrey Vapi. There's something about women in politics and their bodyguards. It seems former Congresswoman Corey Bush paid her bodyguard hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign funds and then married him. She was in investigated criminally, but no charges were brought. Love one Mayor Cantrell's love comes with a side of federal charges on conspiracy, wirefraud, obstruction of justice, and making false statements. Prosecutors alleged Cantrell used her bodyguard and ex lover as a basis to access taxpayer funding for over seventy thousand dollars for personal trips, including visits to vineyards in California and an extended stay on Martha's vineyard. Encrypted WhatsApp messages over fifteen thousand were allegedly exchanged and later deleted to conceal the relationship. In one WhatsApp message, Cantrell reportedly wrote, quote the times when we are truly traveling is what spoils me most. Newly surfaced evidence also includes a handwritten love letter from VP to Cantrell in twenty twenty two. I'm in our space and feeling so in love with you. You got me baby, and it feels so good it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Find yourself a man.
Speaker 1: Cantrell is the first sitting New Orleans mayor to face federal criminal charges. She remains in office and is presumed innocent. The indictment arrives just months before she is term limited and set to leave office with this. Now to provide legal analysis is former court appointed a counselor, Philip Dubay. He's been following the story. So, Philip, how much trouble is the mayor in?
Speaker 4: Oh, she's in a deep Matt. I gotta tell you, I hope she has really good defense counsel because they're coming after her with a vengeance. One of the council alone. Just the conspiracy to commit wire fraud that can carry up to twenty years. The lesser charges, even though they're all felonies, they carry time in the federal joint the obstruction charges lying to law enforcement and certainly lying to the grand jury, and an affidavit that those each carry up to five years. So this is not the type of case that you want to go to trial on and recognize, you know, it's not qualitative. In other words, even though in the broader scheme of federal and even state corruption charges. You know they're not that serious. The problem is juries don't get to evaluate or do some type of numerical value if you will, on the severity of charges. All the prosecution has to do is prove it. And I think this is pretty much a slam dunk for them.
Speaker 1: It struck me that over fifteen thousand messages on WhatsApp were deleted. Usually when you're deleting WhatsApp messages with an exit's over a breakup, not a federal investigation. What does that say about the men's raya in this case, and whether or not the mayor knew she had done wrong?
Speaker 4: Well, it goes to the obstruction. When you are destroying any type of tangible evidence like that, you're obstructing justice. And certainly if you can show that center or that intent to do it, that's what will yield I believe, up to twenty years in this particular case. It's very very serious, and I tell clients all the time, you know, not to sound flippant, that the E in emails stands for evidence and the T in text messages stands for testimony, and you better be careful about what you text, what you email. And this case certainly about what you purge and delete, because it's all going to be marked as exhibits at her federal trial, assuming it doesn't settle.
Speaker 1: Yes, and the w in WhatsApp may stand for the witness that is called to share the.
Speaker 2: Specifics of your message.
Speaker 1: So you talked about the technical elements of these charges very proficiently. But these are cases where you've still got to go before a jury. You say it doesn't go to trial. But in a case where you've got this woman in politics and it's her bodyguard, and I think there was like a Whitney Houston Kevin Costner movie with that as the core plot is love a defense? Like could a good criminal defense lawyer bring this to a jury and say they have tried to criminalize love?
Speaker 4: To be honest with you, Matt, I think what they're trying to do is criminalize ethics violations. If I were defending LaToya very seriously, Now, where is it in the law that it is required that her bodyguard not be a love Interest's just assumed that that person is performing two roles. And remember we saw sort of sprinkles of this with Fannie Willis and Nathan Wade out in Atlanta. But who's to say that a person cannot wear both hats unless it's some type of an ethics violation, or you have to go through the courts or through city council to get the person hired and circumvent the ethics rules. I don't know that it necessarily rises to a criminal level beyond a reasonable doubt, as long as the love interest is actually doing the work. If they're doing both, if they're you know, canodling you by night, but by day they're your actual bodyguard, I don't care if it's at a restaurant, at a public event, you know, at the office, or wherever you might be, why can't they wear two hats? Criminally?
Speaker 1: I could just see the direct examination. You put the bodyguard on the stand, you ask him if he did his job. He points to the defendant says, well, she's still here, didn't she?
Speaker 2: I did my job. I protected her. Philip Dubay, thank you so much for your expert analysis. We hope you'll join us again.
Speaker 4: You're very welcome.
Speaker 1: That's all the time we have. We'll be back tomorrow at nine o'clock eastern six Pacific. Make sure to sign up for the OA and live app. If you haven't already, follow me on x at Matt and Gates, email us the Matt.
Speaker 2: Gates Show at O A n N dot com.
Speaker 1: We would love to hear from you and stay right here fine point Whatchelle rihann is up next.
Speaker 13: Let's go get them