Speaker 1: Four Finger Discounted.
Speaker 2: It's part two of the Best Simpsons Vacation Episodes here on the four Finger Discount network. I am Brendan Dano, joined right now by my other bearded friend, as I referred to him in the first episode here of the best Vacation episodes. It is Elliot j O'Neill from The Simpsons Index slash. What's your new shows? Call you, mister Davis, mister j O'Neil Muscle Memory.
Speaker 1: Yes, share a lot of similarities physically with guy Davis, but yes, a few points of differences, one of them being that my movie podcast isn't with legendary Leonard Moulton, It's with BT Galloway. And we are reviewing the movies that star the cast of the Simpsons. Yes, it's starring Springfield and yeah, it's been a wild time. I was just trying to think, if we're done any good vacation movies on that, I'll have to bring up the list. Maybe you should do vacation like National Lampoons.
Speaker 2: Is there a Simpsons cast member in there somewhere?
Speaker 1: Man? They pop up in the weirdest of places, And fortunately for us, our definition of starring is quite broad. We take bit parts, uncredited cameos and all all the rest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of Leonnon Moulton podcast movie Guy with Guy Davis and Leonard Moulten, we just had Lee. We're now director of Wolfman, which is now in cinema, so you can check that out as well. Have you ever seen Saw?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 2: Lee is the dude in the tub Ah. He wrote Saw. He is the writer of Saw. He created Saw, and was.
Speaker 1: Like, I want to be in this movie, but I want to be in a tub.
Speaker 2: Yes, I want to be in a tub with my kidney missing. Eventually, I'd love for the Saw films. Guys, not a huge fan. I love the Saw films. But yeah, we had Lee whel On yesterday and yeah, I love the guy. I love the Atattooh and his film wolf Man is out now, but we hear they to do part two of our Simpsons Best Vacation Episodes. We covered numerous episodes in the last one we Come and Call the Simpsons. We did an episode you explained to me a totally fun thing that but will never do again. Bart on the Road, City of New York's Homer Simpson. We didn't do have a plus. We did how I spent my stronger vacation and Itchy and Scratchy Land. Now I want to start this one with a bang, right, So let's start this one with Summer of four foot two, which I think is probably the best Simpsons vacation episode of all time. Would you agree?
Speaker 1: Oh, one hundred percent. It's up there in contention with the best Simpsons episodes. Quite frankly, there is just all the family members are firing all cylinders. It's a rare, leaser focused episode and it just sticks the landing in so so many ways and does so many wonderful things while also being extremely funny and quotable.
Speaker 2: It has one of my favorite adult quotes that I never realized until I was older. Yeah, Simpsons have those gags whereas you're a kid, you don't realize what's going on, and then you realize when you're watching it with your kids when you don't have kids, but Mike and they go, oh, now I know what it means. It's Marge going through the shopping going Homer and where you have a planet tonight. But count me out. That is an old timer. That is an absolute all timer. I love that line. But yeah, you're right. I was never a huge fan of Lisa episodes. I've never made that no secret here on the podcast. When I was a kid, I've learned to love them. As I get older, I realized that. I Yeah, I think the older we get, the more we realize we are Lisa, because Lisa was the character they used, all the writers used to live vicariously through with their grievances with being older. But I think when I was younger, I thought it was this annoying, snooty she thinks she's too good for everybody child. But this episode here, it's a real coming of age tale, don't you think it's really it's a Lisa discovering herself episode, but also Bart discovering himself as well, where Bart realizes that, oh, I may be the cool kid back home, but here I'm just another kid and that's fine as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and seeing the kids evolving moreph in these ways, and as Lisa's you know, trying on a new hat and it's just trying to be someone who she isn't but at the core of it, she can't deny herself and have parts of herself coming out. And the other kids who befriend a recognized that it's just like, yeah, you were already already being yourself. It's just yeah, you were wearing different clothes for once you.
Speaker 2: Are Lisa Simpson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for real And yeah with the seashells on the car at the end, such a sweet gesture that ill thought out. But I think it's funny this one as well, subverting the whole Bart is cool angle of it all that. Yeah, all the previous seasons and everything is just, yeah, Bart's a cool kid. But then the show kind of having the courage to make him look like a dweeb in this one.
Speaker 2: The thing is they play up here. The joke there for me has always been that what made Bart cool when the chauf first started isn't cool anymore. So, she points out, So I think it's Aaron who's played by Christina? Is it Richie or Ricky.
Speaker 1: Richie Christina Ricchie?
Speaker 2: Yeah sounds right, Casper girl, She points out, who's you think he is? Of that sling shot in his backpocket? Dennis the Menace? Well, the slingshot was, you know, cool. It was like, oh, he's such a rebel, you know, he's uses a slink shot at school. He's such a such a cool kid. By season eight or seven, where I think it might be the end of season seventies episode that wasn't cool anymore. It was like, who is this guy? Like he's a dorg. Time itself has evolved past the character of Bart Simpson being cool now, and that's what they pointed out, which, as he said, quite a ballsy move by the show to sort of because will they still persist with Bart being the cool kid at school in later seasons and whatnot? But he's not a cool kid when you really think about it. He's cool in Springfield, but in the real world he wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Be cool at all. No, not at all, And the show had sort of moved the focus from him well and truly by this point, and it was more about the Homer Show and these sort of earnest more earnest episodes and the least of focused ones tend to be were a bit fewer and far between. And yeah, as a kid, I can imagine, Yeah, there's getting in the way of the good time, Like where's the Homer antics? You know, where's the Bard antics? And they're still in this episode.
Speaker 2: But we do get antics, we do, like Homer with the dynamite in the dish washer and whatnot. So there is funny moments there, but it's a very centralized episode of very centralized on Lisa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that one as well, coming back to that episode years later and having it pointed out, Oh yeah, Marge is cleaning up from the dynamite in this other scene, but they don't pull focus on it. It's just happening in the back there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ah, wonderful.
Speaker 2: But there's so many iconic moments though, as you were pointing out earlier, So we've got the dud is in this one.
Speaker 1: Oh there's an interesting starring Springfield connection. Sorry, okay. So there's this obscure nineties movie called This Is My Life where Julie Kavner is starring as a single mother of two and she decides to quit her job and become a stand up comedian and as a result, she's having other stand as her career is taking off, she's having other stand up comics like babysit her kids. They are playing mystery date in one of the scenes, and in one of the scenes, Julie Kavna's kid gets the dud Wow.
Speaker 2: How amazing And when did that film come out?
Speaker 1: Ninety three I think. But also one of the kids has a Bart Simpson like basketball hoop on a door as well. I'll just double check the date. Yeah, ninety two.
Speaker 2: Two okay, and this would have been I think ninety six ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were wondering, was yeah Simpson's making a subtle reference to this or was it just a board game that was in pop culture? So of course it was going to get referenced.
Speaker 2: And I never played the board game Mystery Day. I've never seen one in real life. I always thought Mystery Date was just a TV show, you know, the Blind Date shows. I never knew you could actually get a board game Mystery Date. I thought this was something I still did this day. I didn't realize it was a real thing. I thought it was something that Simpsons just made up. I didn't realize it was a real game. Is there actually a board game called Mystery Date?
Speaker 1: I assume so. Well, they had a physical board game in the movie, so I can only say this is like.
Speaker 2: A weird game to play with kids, Mystery Date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, it comes along with a lot of these things that we didn't have in Australia that it seemed so whole. What as America got over there, They've got so many things that we don't have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for me, it was always subway sandwiches whenever watch because we never had sub here and gil apparently it was in Australia, but we never had it in Geelong anyway till a lot later. But I always went, what the hell is subway?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Now, there was one in Paramatta for years and it was like the only one as like a suburb in like western Sydney. And they used to cut the bread with like a v a notch out of the top of the bread rather than you know, slicing it in half. It was a much better presentation and they weren't as stingy with the meats as they are now.
Speaker 2: How stingy are they with the meat now?
Speaker 1: They used to have my favorite sandwich, the sub Club, and they've gotten bred of it. It was roast beef, turkey and ham and it was the most beautiful combination. Bring back the subclub, bring back the V notch out of the bread. It was probably a pain in the ass for the sandwich artists to make, but hey, you call yourself a sandwich artist.
Speaker 2: My life hack for subway sandwiches is I always order a chicken meal, a chicken sandwich, but I always make sure I order it. I look at the I like chicken strips or chicken terry ARCHI right, but sometimes they have it portioned right, the chicken strips in little packets. The chicken terry they tend to have in a big tub. Right, they scoop it out. What you do is you walk up to your sandwich artist and you'd be really polite, maybe even compliment them, be really friendly with them. Then ask for a chicken tariaky sandwich, and I'll always give you a bigger scoop than a sanded scoop. Just be polite, be polite to you, treat your sandwich artist with respect, and they will respect you with extra meat.
Speaker 1: That's it. They will give you that. They will bring you the high quality.
Speaker 2: Art exactly right. So yeah, A twenty two short twenty short films summerre of four foot two. I've I think I'm saying, twenty short films at Springfields, some are four foot two. Yeah. Just an incredible episode, one that I never really appreciated enough until I was older. But as so other iconic moments, iconic quote from me, this is one of my favorite bart Millhouse interactions. Bart is horrible here, but he's being horrible because he's just so embarrassed, doesn't know how to handle this new found, oh I'm not cool situation. So when Millhouse is are we in, it says no, they must have seen you. Millhouse is a little I'm a I've always loved that interaction, as horrible as it is. But yeah, so many What are some of the moments that stand out for you from this Folkes of me, it's the Marge line, and it's the it's Bart there as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, just bark his dirty tactics to try and get on side because he's still so sure that he can win these kids over. I think it's less of a well, it is quite a selfish thing. Oh yeah, it's a from a deep insecure place as well, and that you know he resorts to bullying at the end and to go, oh, Lisa's actually a nerd look at this and shows the retrospectacus again all time a joke, which is such a simpler thing when they're opening the books in the first one slash just wonderful little joke.
Speaker 2: A little in joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but the way that turns on Bart and then he does end up feeling guilty about that. I think the episode just does such a nice job and like especially when Lisa lays it out for him and grabs his coloring a mean little sneak. That is just such an excellent line read by Yardley Smith. There and then when Marge comes in the room quickly snaps back into place, and that the revealed that Milhouse was there the whole time. Whole time. Oh bye, I Cantival so good.
Speaker 2: He's just so unimportant that they don't even care. Yeah, yeah, that episode is just fantastical. Let's move on now to one and a later season one that I still haven't watched. I haven't had time to watch all all these ones. But the saga of Carl now is this way Karl meets his parents.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, this has been a while since I've watched this one. I debated putting it on my list because, like, I don't know if it's quite a vacation episode. But I mean, the Homer goes to Iceland, that's.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, he finds out his Iceland heritage. So basically, this is the brief synopsis own Google. It says friendships are tested when Carl skips down with two hundred thousand dollars winning from a lottery ticket he bought with Homer, Moe, and Lenny. I do remember watching this one and it annoyed me because it retconned his heritage.
Speaker 1: I remember.
Speaker 2: I can't remember why it didn't make sense, but I remember it not making sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a bit loosey goosey with the story, but it also does something interesting in the Yeah, Carl makes off with the money and then he just does a runner. Yeah, it just does a runner, but also like plays down the friendship between him and the other ba flies and also that it kind of doesn't make sense because like he's also co workers with Homer and Lenny, but he diminishes their friendship and it's so heartbreaking. But one of them, I'm pretty sure it's Lenny, just like he's still our Carl. They fight for him and it ends up really sticking the landing that episode, I thought, even though it took a bit of a bumpy road to get in there. But I think it features Sigur Ross as well, so that's wonderful to see.
Speaker 2: One a classic I threw on my list as well because Marge is the one taking a vacation here much deserved vacation Homer alone, another episode much like Summer of four foot two, an episode that I didn't appreciate until I was much older, maybe because Nikola has taken a couple of business ships for work in the last couple of years, and I've now found myself going, oh, I'm home here. But my favorite, I think my favorite line the whole one, whole episode, not my favorite one always stands out to me is you know and related to me because Marge's leaving much like Nikola. She's like, don't worry, I've got this plan and she explains it, make sure you do this, makes you do that, And I'm like, don't worry, I've got to run it hom agoing Cat in the furnace.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We like to think that we've got this. I had it all under control. But it's just home mo. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, sure you cat in the furnace so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It is a great way to just like reassure that everything's going to be okay with something very unreassure. It's yeah, a quote that posits in my mind as well.
Speaker 2: But it's just such a great story as well, great setup in that, and it doesn't have to necessarily be a wife. Now it could be just a parent. Parenthood is hard and a lot of little stresses that all build up. So you know, they they want their sandwiches made a certain way for school, and you know, got to pick up their shoes after when they walk in the house. You're gonna vacuum every day. All these grievances that aren't big deals, but when you get a whole bunch of them bottled up inside, it can just come out and explode. And Marge likes to think herself as a strong woman, which she is. She can get through these things, but sometimes it just all comes out. We've all had a moment our life where we're just gone. I just need to vent. I don't necessarily mean half the shit that I'm venting about, but I need to get this out of my system. Can you just I don't want to hear a response. I just want you to sit there and listen to me vent out here and Marge in the car, which she's just sitting there. She doesn't really really know why, but I love the guy walks up to the mirror, look leader, this better be good.
Speaker 1: And then just her raw like I am a fan of death, metal view death metal music, and she could give some of those vocalis a run for their money in that moment, and that is just brilliantly animated as well, the little flex of spit hitting the window and that just going oh yeah, I mean he recognized that. Oh yeah, she's having a bad day. She's been asked to do a million things and none of them are going right. It's just yeah, she's having a bad day, and she justified when she snapped.
Speaker 2: So this is where she goes to Rancho Relaxo and we get a great Phil Heartman appearance here as Troum McClure. Oh Gregory is it Gregory? Yeah? On my life, Yes, Rancho Relaxo. I think we've we all need a week and a way Rancho Relaxo. It just seems like a great place. I've always particularly loved the animation of when Marge is in the bath and she just sort of sinks into the water and comes back out and her hair is gone down. I feel like it just can't help but just feel relaxed watching that. It's so satisfying, like she just looks so chilled, and it's just nice seeing Marge a character who gets not using abuse, but taking for granted a lot Marge. Just to seeing her relaxed and just not a care in the world. It's lovely.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, it's an interesting thing as well that she's mostly following the suggestions of the Phil Hartman Hotel pre organized plans that you can take advantage of when you're at the resort. And then he's just like, do what you want to do at the end, and that she does. And she knows exactly what she wants. She wants the hot fudge Sunday, a bottle of tequila and Thelma and Louise and a bath. And it's wonderful, yeah, because she knows what she wants. But she always feels guilty. She feels guilty looking after herself as I've gonn look after everybody else. Marge reminds me, I'm sure reminds me of a lot of people, but she reminds me of my mum. My Mum is one of those people who is just always thinking about everybody else but themselves. When we're having dinner with the family, she's always still in the kitchen getting things and like, Mom, sit down and peak, I'll be there in a minute. I think Mom enjoys doing it. But my mum is very much Marge in the sense that she feels guilty if she ever buys.
Speaker 2: Something for a self or does something for herself. And it's just you sort of say to it, Mum, treat yourself to something. It's okay. But Marge is very much like that. And here that's where she goes. When Tron mccluire says treat yourself, she goes, you know what, I'm gunna exactly what I want and no one's gonna stop me. And it's just actually said it's a great moment, yeah.
Speaker 1: And really selling the metaphor there when she sinks into the bath and her hair actually gets let down.
Speaker 2: She's been I haven't even I didn't even put that together. I just love the visual of it. But you're right, she's letting her hair down. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I mean because yeah, she's obviously had fun doing all the hall of skirt making and cigar making and just all the other things they had to offer. But yeah, that moment was so nice in direct contrast to the horrible time that Homers losing Maggie.
Speaker 2: Maggie, she ends up going looking for Marge because that's actually a nice Maggie stories well, because we realized Maggie has a connection with Marge, just one of the sort of the unbreakable connections that the between two characters that the show has. But I love when she's driving the car and she gives the guy there. Yeah, and at the end when Wiggan returns the baby, I mean, let's be honest, in the real world, horrifying home is a terrible parent. He should have been looking after the baby. The fact that the baby could get out and do this terrible. But when he just he's just so thankful that you return the baby. Wigan even just went just don't do it again.
Speaker 1: Again, much like the guy at the beginning is like, ah, you've had a bad day.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, okay, come on, next one here, let's go for another newer one. Dude, Where's My Ratch? We've reviewed this one as well. What was it about, dude, Wear's my rash? That you particularly enjoyed.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is an episode that a lot of people love, but for me personally, this is just one that I one of the early teens episodes that I still happen to record on a VHS because I was still doing that in the year two thousand and two or something when this came out.
Speaker 2: Recording episodes up until season seventeen I've worked out, or maybe the season eighteen Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, because I do remember the last episode I recorded on VHS was Smart and Smarter from season fifteen, the Maggie Smart episode. Yeah, but yeah, this one. So this was one that I ended up watching a lot. And it's a very goofy episode. It's got that first act, fuck you, which makes it also a Christmas episode technically, but the focus is more on the family going to a dude ranch for the week, and Lisa's got this crush on this teenage boy, and Homer and Bart are fighting beavers and everyone's got kind of their own little adventure, and in that way, it's just a very goofy, almost like sketch humor based episode. But I do have a terrible amount of fun with it, and it does have plot points where it needs to in terms of the fascical misunderstanding of Lisa thinks her CRUSH's girlfriend is coming into town turns out to be her sister, and sister yeah yeah, accidentally puts her in the rock on the middle of a rapid lake and all that sort of stuff. But it's just a goofy little adventure and yeah, I have a lot of fun with this one.
Speaker 2: This is the one that has David Burn and Talking Head singing the song about Flanners at Homerkret.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Actually I was rewatching and I was just saying to my girlfriend, like, it's one of these things where as a kid it bothered me. But then I realized later, Oh, that's the joke is that during that Flanders song, they I have spelled Flanders right once and they spell it different every time. That okay, Yeah, one of them's f l A and rds, which would make it Flanner does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as long as the syllables fit the song though what they were seeing at that point in time.
Speaker 1: That's it. And like there's even one way they get a crowdcham going fl ad r and you wrote you wrote Flater pick up on That.
Speaker 2: Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week, our supporters get early in ad free access to every show new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Side Fild and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four figure discount. I do remember, though, and I want to hear your thoughts because you've reviewed all these episodes of teen seasons, right, there seems to be a point in time in the last maybe two or three season. We're season twenty now, just started season twenty, but I feel like, remember about season seventeen eighteen ish, They've written Lisa differently. Lisa feels like she is more inclined to do horrible things for selfish reasons than she used to. She had moments in the past, but for the most part, she was always the one saying, you can't be doing this, it's not the right thing to do. But you know, she had the Lisa's rival where she changes the telltale heart, that kind of thing, right, So she has those moments here, but she it's more Bart sort of saying no, this is what you need to do, and She's like, oh yeah, okay. She surely goes along with Bart's scheme in those days where now it feels like she's just doing stuff because she has selfish reasons. I'm not sure whether that's the direction of the character that I liked, because there was an episode we just did recently where Marge's mother came in. It's the one where she passes away, Yeah, and Lisa stole jewels off her necklace, off her bedside table and stuff, and I'm thinking, Lisa, isn't this character. It just seems weird how the Lisa character has shifted to be more selfish just for pure selfish reasons.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, it's really against the archetype, isn't it. I think they get away in this one here because she's just a bit love stupid. But it's then other episodes like Little Big Mum where she pretends that her family is from a Native American tribe, and it's just that one's a big whipp for me because it just doesn't feel on on brand for Lisa. In the slight stat is that a little is.
Speaker 2: He shows a little Big Mother, Little Big Mom's on where where Marge breaks her legs, isn't isn't it?
Speaker 1: Oh, maybe a little Big Girl or something. I don't know the one you.
Speaker 2: Mean where she but yeah, she can flat out just lies and pretends that she's Native American. And I remember guy and I going, what the hell? Yeah, this is not what Lisa would do. Oh yeah, it is called Little Big Girl.
Speaker 1: Sorry. Yeah, yeah, there's so many episodes with so many similar titles. You know, you're talking about Mona Simpson before the amount of Mona Lisa puns in a Simpsons title, And yeah, pretty ridiculous at the moment, but yeah, a little big And that's also the one where Bart starts dating a pregnant girl.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, that's right. Yeah, man, the Simpson's got wacky.
Speaker 1: It still has one of my favorite jokes in it from that one. That is still one that I quote to this day, despite an episode being one that I don't want to return to. Because Bart gets his driver's license, then almost a throwback to Bart on the road and Lisa's criticizing his driving. Your hands are meant to be at ten and two not four and nothing.
Speaker 2: Yes that I do remember that. It's a great line. Yeah, because that's how I drive. And yeah, I often think of it. Let's get into one that's more from the Golden era. It is one that I was tossed up whether put it on the list or not. We've gone with it because hey, why not. It's a great episode of like talking about it. It's not necessarily a vacation it's more a Homer gets a job episode. It's Homo polooser. Yes, yeah, there's not really a vacation here. Homi goes on a road trip with the groupies because he gets a new job. Would call it a vacation, but again, Homer Poalooser one of the better guests episodes of all time. I sort of put it on there with you know, Homer at the Bat where they get a whole bunch of baseball players. This one he wlod bunch of musicians. We talked about in part one of this of this podcast, how I spent much strong a vacation, A whole bunch of rock stars from that year all at the camp together. So I feel like you're gonna get a whole bunch of musicians. This was a really good way to handle it. Yeah, one hundred percent. And you know, one of I'm sure your favorite musicians are at least wrestling promoters in Billy Corgan in this episode, delivering one of the all time lines. Yeah, Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins, Homer Simpson, smiling, polite, Well, let's be honest, Dan delivered the singer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that's right. Billy Corgan was just there. Yes, and he still gets it to this day as well. A little part of me likes to think that that there was just improved by Dan. He's a brilliant improv artist. But yeah, I reckon it fits though, because you know, it's the summer festival, and yeah, it brings me back to going to the big day outs and sound waves and hope fully more good things festivals are happening in the future. I had fun at the recent one of those. But yeah, and it's just such a fun lineup of bands as well. And in Yes, Smashing Pumpkins, Cypress Hill and Sonic Youth and Peter Frampton. This one actually just became like a listening list for me because I think I knew half of them but not the other half. Certainly didn't know Sonic Youth at the time. And then yeah, their wild version of the Simpsons theme to take out the takeout the episode is just yeah, what a great band.
Speaker 2: I think I'm a pal loser as one of the perfect episodes to help you realize that you're older because you watch it now, and some one of those ones where you realize, Oh, when I watched this for the first time, I were the kids making fun of my dad. I am now the dad. Yeah, even though you're not a father, you are still in homer shoes, going Hey, what do you mean all these shows, all these songs and musicians that are liked in oldies. What do you mean, Oh, it's twenty five years ago? Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh shit, No, I mean I felt that at the festival where I'm like, why isn't there enough places to sit? Why aren't there enough shady areas? Why aren't they playing more of the bands that I liked from twenty five years ago?
Speaker 2: I met, I met. I met a twenty three year old yesterday who had never watched The Simpsons.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, she just went she has arms, never really washed them, but it was always on TV. She goes, was it I'm thinking, Ah, by the time you were old enough to sort of start watching TV would been six twenty nine ten YouTube streaming. Oh shit, Oh no.
Speaker 1: I mean, wasn't it great that, even though we grew up with such limited options that we still had the Simpsons. Objectively, I think one of the greatest jos of all time.
Speaker 2: I I feel like we're the last generation to have attention spands as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my riddle and prescription would say otherwise.
Speaker 2: But just I've always this is just me going full home and home for loser. Can we do away with the skip the credits, right, Yeah, especially if it's a show that has like a ten second intro, because they don't even make intros anymore because they show just go what's the point of making an intro? Everyone just skips it anyway, right? But I feel for me, I've always said on the podcast, the intro is what gets you into gets you into the mindset of the show. How many shows do you remember from you when you were a kid? I love that show. You actually remember anything abut the show? You just remember the theme song. It's the theme song. You know. There's so good theme songs anymore because I don't fucking make them because we have skip credits. Now do away the skip credits and bring back theme songs, I say, yeah.
Speaker 1: The one that bugs me the most is the end credits minimization, and I wish that was just a setting I could change, because the worst one is Bob's Burgers because they're so good with having guest stars, and the second that gets to the part of the credit screen that has the guest stars, they shrink it. And also Bob's Burgers put in effort in the credits as well and generally come up with this original song for it, and they've got like, yeah, cute little animation things, and then it just minimizes it to say next episode, and it's like, no, just I'll get there, trust me.
Speaker 2: The best example of that fucking something up I've seen was the end of Psycho, where it's just him staring at the camera, right, and it's so unsettling because he's staring at the camera. You're like, oh, this guy's crazy, right, But no, it minimizes so he's just in the bottom left corner and it's like showing you what else is on Netflix or whatever, and you go, you've just ruined the fucking alf for Hitchco movie.
Speaker 1: What are you doing. I'm not finished this candy bar yet. I will open another one when I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly right, Yeah, and yeah.
Speaker 1: And I like to sit in credits as well, just for a little while, like I'm not actually going, oh, they were the grip on this movie, you know, But I do like to sit with the final score that they're putting out and just sort of use that as my moment to reflect in the thing I just watched in the credits and yeah, maybe catch a couple of names here and there. Yeah, it's it's annoying. It should just be a setting.
Speaker 2: Because all I was saying, I want to get into an episode that I still have not seen. You obviously you have, You've included in the list I wanted to include. I thought you were writing this first, but it's not at all. So I want to include Viva ned Flanders because it's kind of like a similar to mar Coming and get Away to mention Blax. So Homer takes Lenard to takes Flanders to Las Vegas. But this one here you've got is living Lapura Vida. Yeah, what is this episode? All right?
Speaker 1: So this is the Simpsons go to Costa Rica. So Kirk van the van Houghton's rather have a regular group getaway to Costa Rica, and they it's like an exclusive little club like they regularly invite the Hibberts and Chalmers and his daughter Shana are on this holiday as well, and yeah, the Simpsons managed to secure and invite this year, and it becomes like this sort of little mystery of how the everyone's able to afford this sort of thing, and like there's this interesting thing where like Lisa learns earlier, oh, marg and Homer are really going to have to struggle to pay for this one, and then she gets anxiety the whole time about spending too much money. And Kirk's doing this thing because he's leading the group vacation. He's just like, we'll just put it on the bill and you know, I'll fix it up now, but everyone you know will fix it up, fix me up at the end, and Lisa's just got this anxiety and it's like, how's anyone relaxing right now? And meanwhile, Patty and her new girlfriend Evelyn also got invited on this trip, and it turns out Evelyn and Homer are just two peas in a pod. She's this Southern fried girl that loves beer and the sport of corn holing much like Homer does. As we know, it's one of his passions that so the episode says anyway, but yeah, they bond and they be badag shit on. Just to clarify for anyone who doesn't know. It's like you throw a bean bag in like this little box thing. It's an actual sport. Go look it up.
Speaker 2: Is that the one has the holes?
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's one. Maybe it's multiple, but like.
Speaker 2: You know, the bean bag toss, but sort of on a slam. You gotta yes, yeah, is that it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's cornhole.
Speaker 2: My son Elliott, same name, obviously, Elliott loves it. Absolutely loves that game. Loves it.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go. He's a little sportsman as well, isn't he cricket?
Speaker 2: Football, you name? He just plays it. It's one of those kids that just watches something on TV and goes, ye're up, let's say you do it. Okay, let's good, let's just go do it then. Yeah, right, because I picked him up for you as he goes to holiday program Elliott over the school holidays on Mondays and Tuesdays. I picked him up yesterday and the guy's playing cricket like this. This is the he's about twenty five. The guy is there like one of the instructors or whatever that helps me over the holiday program at school, and he goes I usually have to underarm the balls to these kids because they can't like swing the bat. And Elliott said to me, bowld pace and I sort of like laughed myself and went, okay, sure, mate, whatever, Yeah, sure, And I bowled it to him and he has no pace and then so I bowled it as hard as I could and he smacked me for it. And I was like, kid's six. He goes, does he play cricket? And I was like, no, he just plays in the backyard. He's like, I've never seen anything like it.
Speaker 1: Unreal.
Speaker 2: He goes, and then he's and then he asked me if he can bol pace to me, and he bowl paced and got me out. He goes. I couldn't believe he got hees. I'm twenty five, he's six, and he genuinely got me out.
Speaker 1: Already having that moment. Ever, my son has already gotten me out. He's like, you're in charge of the family now, dude. Mate.
Speaker 2: When Elliott bowls me out in the backyard after I'm genuinely trying to smack him for a six, it's an unsettling moment.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this one, well, oh yeah, So Homer and Patty's new girlfriend Evelyn are.
Speaker 2: Just played by Assaysio Wikipedia Fortune five stuffing stuff yeah, yeah, the comedian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah, she's doing an unreal job as well. She's just yeah real, yeah, Southern American girl who's very folks. He got lots of quote for everything. And Home is just totally charmed by her, and just not in a like Romani roy Oil. It's just he's found a new best friend and they're getting on so well. And then it becomes a thing of Patty and Marge being like, your partner's a bad influence on my partner, No, yours is, and also Marge like it's another weird plot point to see the Simpsons doing. But Marge wants to get the perfect Instagram photo to show off because normally her feet is just you know her, here's the housework I did, and she wants, you know, she wants the nice gram photo of her and Homer in front of the waterfall. And yeah, Evelyn just keeps fucking it up and it's just got It's one of these ensemble episodes that I love what the Simpsons do in the new era, where they're trying different character combinations, you know, bringing in Superintendent Charmers and Shawna into the fold as well, and Millhouse is here, but he's not attached to Bart. He's trying to impress one of doctor Hibbitt's kids and being a really annoying, yappy little kids. Are you impressed at this? I deal like Lego still, what's your favorite college act? You know, just being a really annoying little kid. Well, Bart and Lister, Yeah, trying to solve the mystery of how the hell Kirk and Luanne managed to get this place and pay for this trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to episode out.
Speaker 1: You've sold me on it. Yeah. This was, yeah, an absolute wonderful one. And yeah we reviewed it on our podcast with the Real Gym's who's just an absolute treasure. Yeah, I love that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he came on, we did. She's Cratchy and Puccy. I believe him and I did. Yes, another old timer. Yes, I did see a clip that Simpsons shared. I'm assuming it's this week's episode. Maybe I was sure her showing Bart her boobs. Bart falls, Bart falls on the sword for her, so she she gets caught shoplifted and he says, no, they're for me, and he gets he takes the rap and she goes, here's your present. And she lifts her shirt up and shows him her boobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that was like a season twenty four episodes.
Speaker 2: Oh I saw the click cut shared. I assumed it was a new one. Yeah, I've never seen it. Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they kiss at some point and like because he's like Jimba wants him to be her sha. Yes, yeah, there's something like that. Yeah. I don't remember liking it, so.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: But I mean that's a weird because I think people are kind of neither here nor they're on Shauna because she's just one of these new weird characters and her catchphrases I'm shut at. But they give her a bit more to do in this episode, and they actually fill her out with actual character traits and it's compelling. And yeah, while all these other stories are going off, she's having relationship problems with Jimbo and they use that to like go to act break with these fake shocking revelations which just have nothing to do with the main story. But I'm not selling how actually funny it is. But it's just it's a really good job that they do in this episode. Again, just one of these absolute gems from the New era.
Speaker 2: Something that is funny. It's the last episode we're going to talk about today here in part two of the best vacation episodes. I know there's others, but you know, we don't want to hit people for too long. It is Barba's Australia. This is the vacation episodes of all vocation episodes, as far as in the Australian Simpsons fan is aware. When I was a kid, I don't think I really enjoyed this one as much as I probably should have got in quite notice or pick up on all the subtle references that this episode had. There's just so much a love about this. When this one gives us Bruno and Tobias.
Speaker 1: It's just taken on a life of their own. Australian Simpsons mean culture.
Speaker 2: A hugest fan because I one thing I will I'll never use the sea bomb in anything Forefinger just count related, right, So I'm not a huge fan of Tobias memes, but just the innocence of him the commission, but it gave us the Dollary dues. Now, this is something that has just lived on forever. It's something that I still use to this day and kids are now using it again. Not because it's a Simpsons reference, but because it's a Bluey reference. Bluey real creators of Bluey are huge Simpsons fan So the Simpsons quotes and tidbits throughout the entire Blue series because the guys who make it are huge Simpsons fans, right. And the guy who makes the Simpsons music, jeofh. Bush, who came on the show to do a review of songs in the Key of Springfield, the album that we all love when we were kids. He was heavily influenced by that CD. And that's that was like his biggest influence for the music of Bluey was the Simpsons music. Right. Interesting, So you watch Blue Now and you go, oh, that's a Simpsons gave. That's a Simpsons line, and they call money dollarydo's, I'm Bluey. So kids are now walking around saying dollary doo's not because they're Simpsons fans, but because they're Bluey fans. But because of the Simpsons, the blue and now do it. So the legend lives on.
Speaker 1: So funny an American thing of this is what an Australian would call it has become exactly what an Australian would call it.
Speaker 2: That's what Australia would call it. Yeah. The thing with Bluey now is though it kind of feels like they've sold out. It's not the term. But now that Disney have bought it out and it's going to be a Disneyland, we kind of go, oh, it's not like it's not ours anymore. Yeah, I get why. I get why you do it because you know, hey, chase the chase the bank, chase the money. But the thing is Bluey felt because my kids love Blueing. I think when you're a parent, you just Blue just becomes a part of your life because Blue is the biggest show in the world. But you watched it going It's so great that this little Aussie show has become the biggest show kids show in the world.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: But now now it's at Disneyland. Now it's owned by Disney. Now they're making episodes exclusive for Disney plus that Australians ain't gonna get access to.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Now, now the ovisional writers aren't working on the show anymore. It's now Disney writers and they're working because they're making a Blue movie. So the original creator and writer, he's now working on the movie and they've got other people working on the show now, and I'm like, it's just doesn't feel the same anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a little worrying, you know, because some of the weaker parts of the teens era were during production of the Simpsons movie. Ah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why, though he's gone, I'm going to focus. We're going to focus on the movie and make sure the movie is quality and you guys can work on the show. I feel that the Simpsons, there's two different reasons that it could be it's not gonna work because they're new writers or whatever. I'm not too sure. With the Simpsons movie though, they tried to double handle and that's where the quality did. Yeah, and I feel like the movie and the show suffered as a result.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that season fifteen to eighteen is a particularly weak error of the show. Definitely.
Speaker 2: I never really noticed. I thought the show was fine. I feel like season nineteen was probably the one that it stood out the most. That felt like, oh, the quality had dropped because season they were working on season eighteen and nineteen when the film came Like the film came out when those were airing, they were working on those ones at the same time. So season eighteen you can really start to see, Oh, there's a lot of episodes here that just feel like a bunch of stuff that's been slapped together. There's no real what's this episode about. It's just as guys likes to stayd the podcast, a bunch of stuff happening. It's just that it was like a bunch of ideas going, yeah, that' the couldn't been a full episode. That could be the start of it. Yeah, that onely cou't before, and that can just be we'll merge that together and that could be like the middle act and then we're just a lot of the episodes in season eighteen nineteen, I felt, I don't know whether you noticed this, It felt like they wrote episodes and I didn't realize they were at the end and went, oh, and by the way, now's the end, and there was no ending to the story. Did you notice that as well when you were reviewing them.
Speaker 1: It sort of happens in the twenties as well, like it's just oh, we're at twenty two minutes. That's lunch, you know, and.
Speaker 2: The story's going all of a sudden, it's just, oh, that's it. The one that stood out the most of me, that really annoyed me was e pluribus Wigham where oh Wiggam's now going for president? What what's happening here? And that's yeah, yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Is add personified that episode. It was.
Speaker 2: It was terrible. It was a terrible episode. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really hope there is still some quality control with Bluey because that is just such a special show in the It's not going for wacky, outlandish things. This it's all very home stuff, like it's stuff they would happen in the home.
Speaker 2: And particularly Australian homes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah, Introducing Dave McCormack and he's bancusted to a wider audience is just I saw them a couple of years ago now and he's just like, all right, thanks for everybody for coming and checking out, and thank you for the Bluey fans as well for taking a chance on us. And yeah they're a wonderful band. That Yeah, I hope, yeah, more people check out Custard. Yes he's the voice of bandit for those of you playing at home. Oh yes, sorry.
Speaker 2: They gave David who.
Speaker 1: Well yeah they wouldn't know because they can't sit through and read the credits because they keep fucking triggering them down.
Speaker 2: At stand with my kids. They kept saying, where's remote? Whe's remote? I was like, the intro goes for twenty do you feel like the fucking the world was ending?
Speaker 1: Like they gotta skip it. I'm like, just watch it. They're like, nah, just fucking watch the intro. Child that's a shame. It's a dope theme song.
Speaker 2: Not the Bluey one. It's the Muppet Babies one. They love muppert Babies as well, right, Ah, that was up. Babies goes from maybe twenty five. It's a new one. It's actually pretty good. It's a good kid show. Okay, at first it was CGI and I went out CGI. Muppet Babies No, and I watched it. I went pretty good. It goes about twenty five thirty seconds the intro song right for them Babies, so I can get it. It's longer, but he is I'm bloom over twenty seconds as well, but it's like it's twenty seconds. But sometimes Elliott can't find the remote. The closing credits come on and he wants to skip to the next one. God forbid us to sit through the fucking twenty seconds of closing credits. It's like it's the end of the world. But I think that's the queue to cue the closing credits of this podcast. That has been part two. Here we have to discussed part as Australia as a whole. So Barva's Australia, right, So we went off on a tangent dollar Dooo, let's get to Barbara's Australia. So this is the one that a lot a lot of people say, I've read online so many Australians didn't like it. And you talked I've talked about someone numerous times about and he goes, yeah, he was he's hated at the time. Yeah, I know that we did. I think it's a couple of people just wrote to the paper and you guys maybe got caught wind to that and that's it. Like, I know, I don't remember anyone hating this episode. My mum watched a couple of times with us. What would be on whilst we're watching, and she'd walk past she go ah, we don't talk like that, and I'm like, that's that's the joke.
Speaker 1: Though again it's very that's the joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I think a generation of Australians I had to live through the era of everyone's talking like this, mate, whenever there's an aus on A Movies talking on this crocodile. Dundee, mate, Yeah, that doesn't happen anymore. That they're playing, really hammering that stereotype. The shrimp on the barbie. That one drives me insane. I go to England now they go, should we put some shrimps on the barbie? I'm like, you mean prawns? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And no. Yeah, I remember at the time there were Joyler's bastards like Alan Jones and Stanza Manic. Who oh this is so but yeah, those are joyless assholes anyway. And yeah, that stuff can bother you with the accent work and everything, because they actually kind of sound South African in this episode. But yeah, it knows this and it makes parody of it in the episode, and I feel like it is kind of criticism proof in that weight. Just from those elements, I agree with what you're saying at the top for the review for this one. But yeah, and that it's just permeated our culture so well and in so many interesting and funny ways. The Australian flag with the boot, you see that at festivals, Now.
Speaker 2: That's now the Australia Australia Day flag.
Speaker 1: You put up Yeah yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week, our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Seifeld, and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four figure discount. Barva's is Australia for me is an episode that brings me so much joy because I'm so glad that we got the Simpsons because they didn't go to many different countries in the Golden era at all, Right, and it makes me so good that they came to Australia when the Simpsons were still at their peak, and we just we have it to go back and watch whenever we want to. Right, We've got peak Simpsons taking the mickey out of our country, tongue and cheek in a fun way. We're all in on the joke. Because England had to wait till like season fourteen or whatever. The Simpsons weren't the Simpsons at their peak by that point. You know, we've got a really weird shoehorning guest appearances with this one. Here, it's not shoehorned. There's no Australian celebrities shoehorned into this at all. Yeah, it's just it is focusing on the Simpsons experiencing Australian culture. And that's what a Simpsons vacation episode should be, the Simpsons going and experiencing a new culture, not which guest star can we get on this week? Hey it's Prime Minister Tony Blair and he's going to rocket at the airport. What was that all about? You know what I mean? Oh, Homer rear ended the Queen. This, that and the other is all based on guest appearances. But versus Australia is the Simpsons coming here, experiencing Australian culture and realizing just how different and similar we both are. And I just love it for it. It's just it's fantastic that we're's Australian fans who I still to this day will say the Australian fans are the most hardcore Simpsons fans in the world. When it comes to nations, I think we are We're the most dedicated. We've got all the think of all the mean pages, a lot of most of them are based around from Australia, and I just think that we're so lucky to have that episode exist.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, because I was on the podcast Worst Episode Ever, which exclusively focuses on the less like Simpsons episodes, and they wanted me and BT to come on to review Bart versus Australia because well, because there is a controversial take that this is the Simpson a not the jumping the shark, but a jumping the shark moment, in that this would set up some of the worst trends of a vacation episode that would come later on. You know, you're talking about the England episode, but also like when they go to Ireland or when they go to Israel. It's just like this sort of checklist of things that they have to hit when they're making references to the place they're going. But yeah, that's the thing we came away from it going, no, this is one of the best episodes of the show.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yes, they've done weaker versions of this later on. But yeah, they just absolutely hit the bullseye on this one. And it is a joyous experience to watch. And yeah, I don't feel like it's just going, oh, now we're at the Opera House. Now we're in the Simpson Desert. Haha, we're the Simpsons, you know, and making shitty jokes like that, and then oh what are you doing here? Prime Minister John Howard.
Speaker 2: They don't make any references to celebrities, they don't make any references really to landmarks. The landmarks they they have the statue of snake, you know, because we are convicts. That's what the Modern Day show was based on. That's where you sort of got look at you go, ah, that's not really our heritage. Our heritage is First Nations people. They were here for thousands of years before these people came here and invaded the country. So it's like that element of it feels somewhat dated now. But the thing is they didn't go, oh, the Simpsons are going to the Upper House. I don't agree with that take at all. He said, worst episode ever was the podcast this. Oh.
Speaker 1: They they didn't back that take. They were just saying, it's a take that exists Okay, then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't agree with that at all, because this one does the opposite. This one doesn't have any guest stars, this one doesn't have any landmarks, doesn't do any of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think worst episode ever. Were looking to have a break from watching new Simpsons and they were like, hey, we know these Australians. Here's an excuse to watch a good episode. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do fine though, because we're an Australian fans, it's always one hey do you want to review bad versus Australia because you're Australian. That seems to be the one all the podcasts go to, like, hey, we're doing but Australia, would you like to talk about it? I'm like, again, I'll take the opportunity again to show them as well. The Simpsons memes, which yeah, depict Tobias as this Bunnings loving ecstasy, taking a potty mouth, the little thing.
Speaker 1: It's just they're like, what has happened to you guys over there? Old?
Speaker 2: I don't buy into any of those memes.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 2: Look, look if you have maskt mid Bias, all right, guys, Well this has been our part two of the best Simpsons Vacation episodes. Hope you guys enjoyed it. If we've missed any and you think we should have included them, please let us know either in the comments or send us a question or send us an email to mailbag at four finger discount dot com dot a. You don't forget. You can support us both by rating and reviewing us on Apple podcast Spotify, where you do find this show and for as little as one single dollar ado as Tobias or any Blue fan would say these days, you can support us on Patreon. How cick the lights on here at four fing a discount and help us by a new fancy gear and pay for editors and bringing more exciting content each and every week here at four finger disc and never forget chi get at other shows we have got going down to south Park, the one about Friends. The Office Top podcast has made a return with our friends Katie and Pat Over in Canada. We've also got exclusive podcasts on our Patreon. We have talking signed for our Tales of Futurama, Speaking of the Hill and so much more. I'm also a co host of the Tuned In with Jim Cummings podcast where we get usually voice actors on because Jim is one of the most iconic voice actors of all time and my man Guy Davis. He co hosts a movie Guide with Leondard Moulton and Guy Davis, available now in all of your feed Spotify, Apple Podcast, where he defines your shows. But before we go, of course, I've been joined here by Alliot Janniel from The Simpsons, Index and.
Speaker 1: And starring Springfield. And I just noticed, yes, just this week, we've actually got a vacation episode of Sorts to review. We're going to be reviewing rug Rats Go Wild. So this is the two thousand and three movie, the third movie for rug Rats, the second for the Wild Thornberry's and it's a big old crossover movie. And this is also where Nancy Cart right, she's the star of this one, is taking over from Chuckie Finster because.
Speaker 2: The original course, yeah, busted away.
Speaker 1: She actually retired a few years before, but yeah, I would pass away later, but yeah, yeah, took her from Christine Kavana.
Speaker 2: I believe her name is big, big, big friend of Jim's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh is that right? Yeah? Well yeah, And Nancy does like just a one to one job. It's just incredible and unbelief she's still the voice to Chucky for This Day for most of the stuff. So yeah, and it's just this wild thing again. Whenever we do this and like think about the cast of these movies, it's like, I'm pretty sure this is going to be the only movie that has yeah, the voice of Bart Simpson, Bruce Willis and Flee from the Red Hot Chili Peppers in it. So yeah, it's a little bit of a fun one, this one. So yeah, go check it out, starring Springfield and our review of Rugrats Go Wild.
Speaker 2: So starting Springfoot not a Patreon exclusive.
Speaker 1: No, it was a Patreon exclusive, And if you sign up to the Patreon you get to suggest what movies we review. That's the audience of power that you are given there for signing up to our Patreon, And yeah, you get episodes of that podcast early and ad free and a bunch of other bonus stuffever at patreon dot com slash side Quest Studios.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, well thanks for listening to this episode here of forefing a discount. We'll be back and returning to our normal programming next week. Guy Devish, you're returning three season twenty review and so much to do on I don't even know it's well, it did dangerous curzis the last one. Let's such a bad taste in my mouth. I haven't touched it since. Let's have a look season twenty of The Simpsons. It will be It was episode five of the season, wasn't it. It's Homer and Lisa exchange crosswords? Is the next one we're doing.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a cute one. Yeah, that's very cute where Lisa becomes a cruciverbalist, which, as the episode teaches me, is someone who likes crosswords. And Yeah, there's an interesting thing with Gil where I'm very interested in your take on Gill in that episode because.
Speaker 2: Q episode reviewed by que people. What more could you want?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're getting very close to the show, jumping from four point three to sixteen point nine. How exciting.
Speaker 2: I'm a little concerned. I just feel like this as soon as that happens, I'll go, ugh, this ain't what it once was, because seeing it in fourth Streets is still someone feels like we're still in the older ear. I'm still in the Once this goes, it's going to go. Oh, I meant to strange New World Now. At the time, I was excited. I remember when I first went HG. I was excited for it. I was like, oh wow, this is cool, it's refreshing, it's new, its hip kids again. I won't be the anyone watching the Simpsons anymore. My friends are gonna love it again. And then I went, oh no, I'm still there. Still let lose a kid. No one likes the Simpsons. What am I doing? Can we move on to something different please? Anyway, guys, thank you again for your support here at four Finger Discount. Next week will be Homer lista exchange Crosswords with the guy Davis. You are Elliot J O'Neil for The Simpsons, Index Star Slash starring Springfield. Thank you again, sir, thank you very much for having us, and we'll see you all next week here on four Finger Discount.
Speaker 1: Sh