Speaker 1: Weird things, weird, weird, weird.
Speaker 2: Greetings, my friends, this is an extra special episode. This is the most beautiful, most miraculous, heavenly manifestation. We have a goddess among us tonight, our wonderful friend Mela, well known by many names. You know if you catch my vibe as this was the lady. But she's known by many roles and by many names. And for many years we wanted to break into the wonderful world of anime, and by the grace of God, we have done it tonight with our guest. So Mela, thank you for being on the show.
Speaker 3: Oh it's my pleasure for being I had.
Speaker 2: To come pay you to the lady. Of course, why people ask, because I would like to just start talking about anime, if that's cool with you. Mela keeps getting type cast as goddess is in Queens of Heaven.
Speaker 4: Is that for real?
Speaker 3: That means the thing? Yeah? She's like, yeah, you know what happens.
Speaker 4: Whatever, I'm a goddess.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: Over and over again. And Nana, Queen of Heaven is star Catwoman.
Speaker 4: You know, cat Woman is a goddess. Let's get that.
Speaker 2: She brings Batman to his knees.
Speaker 3: Show.
Speaker 2: I said to his knees, like, come on, man, that's yeah, like in worship.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, it's totally chill normal, Yeah. Absolutely, Yeah, she's a goddess for sure. How long has that been happening? Have you been like type cast as a goddess?
Speaker 3: You guys, welcome to my dream life. So I love that. That's this is going to be the little the clip that say next on Mellow's episode. Well, the goddess thing started back in like two thousand and six, So that's.
Speaker 4: Basically that's a hell of a thing to be typecast as. I would be honored to be typecast as a goddess, just saying I'm just listen.
Speaker 3: I know people hook you up, Nick.
Speaker 4: Please hook you please? That would be for real.
Speaker 2: He is interested in voice acting.
Speaker 3: Everybody has a great voice, honestly, and I say that sincerely. Some people are like, I don't know if I like my voice, but I want to be a voice actor. It's acting with your voice whatever your voice is, for sure, you know. So I'm saying, even you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna send you some.
Speaker 4: Even I can be a goddess, guys, can't you hear it?
Speaker 3: That's the compliss listen, even someone like you could.
Speaker 4: Have I'm going to use that. I like that a lot.
Speaker 3: Shout out Melinda Hill. But that's your word. She's like, it's the compless. We're like, oh you came to the party, were hi?
Speaker 2: That like subtle shape compleat yeahs interesting?
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on, man, it's not the heart of a concept.
Speaker 2: Compliss I'm struggling.
Speaker 4: Compliment.
Speaker 2: I had a compliment insult.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our parents do it sometimes you tried.
Speaker 4: Or if you're my parents, my dad, you do it all the time.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, don't be talking about my boy like that.
Speaker 4: I love him.
Speaker 3: It makes us who we are, bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, the subtle shade of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean back to my real issue of being constantly cast as a goddess or a healer.
Speaker 2: Or some warrior princess.
Speaker 3: You know, I've kind of leaned into it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Some people come out, you know, during this last few years as this or that. I've come out as the queen of Heaven.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, it's a thing, man. She's just like, and I would love to go into that and and some of that theme in your life. But like even her New D and D camping, can we talk about that too? Yeah, I would love push people to that. She's basically like an angel. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Basically I'm a nightingale Bard, but I'm an astral aerial elf. So I'm from the place between here and there, where music is the language, like music and light, and this is like my first time in corporeal form. So I just love everybody. You know, Like a beholder shows up and I sing him songs like Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder, and everyone's like he's really scary, and I'm like, Hi, would you like a theme song.
Speaker 4: She's just like so bubbily and like just happy to be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it, just fill the love.
Speaker 4: What's the name of the campaign.
Speaker 3: It's called Squad twenty. You can watch it on six Sides of Gaming on YouTube, and it stars some of my besties from Apex Legends, so Nicholas Roy Octane also in Naruto and Jujitsu Guisen, Johnny Young from Overwatch he's Crypto in Apex, and Justine Huxley, who's Watson an Apex and absolute hilarious in the campaign, like Heart of Gold, but I can't do her accent. She has this like fantasy Irish accent, but she'll be like she's a druid. No, oh, She'll be just like she has primal savage savagery is one of her gifts, and she'll be just like, oh, well, I'm going to use primal savagery. So tear Out is intestines and time in a bowl.
Speaker 4: But she says it's so beautifully Yeah, you're just like, wow, that's so cool and sweet what you just said. But it's also kind of scary.
Speaker 2: We watched the premiere of the second episode today live and they were all like in the stream. So I was having a blast because they don't all know who I am. Nicholas Roy knows who I am because we've met, and I was like participating in the stream with him, kind of like yeah, gasting them up a little bit. I'm team this guy, I'm team that guy. And they were commenting to me and they're like, I'm thinking, like they have no clue. I'm sitting here with Mella.
Speaker 3: Like just later No.
Speaker 2: But it was fun. It was really fun. I really enjoyed it. So I won.
Speaker 3: It's your first campaign, Yeah, yeah, so that was that's that's the tag is. They took four newbies. We had a four hour training session on a Thursday, and people that had like twenty years of experience, so they helped us build these characters. And and then we filmed five episodes on a Friday, five on a Saturday, two on a Sunday. So just back to back. Deer in the headlights, whoa, that's a lot at one time it was, but the mayhem, it's you catch it live.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're in good hands, like twenty year veterans.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Devin Or is our DM and he is I mean a great voice actor too, Like he's not a voice actor. He's like, oh, I would love to do it, and he only does like twenty seven voices per campaign, like right, yeah, and sings and writes these great stories. And it was funny, so fun really great crew.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Let's hope for the animated series. Oh yeah, whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Big shout out to Lena Schlatter Kalia Art. She's already done. You can see them on on my Instagram if you want to check. But these beautiful animated, like Disney esque versions of our characters.
Speaker 2: That is so and her character on herrad is depicted. This is totally random.
Speaker 3: I told you guys like, just whatever you're inspired to do. I don't want to micromanage you. Just I gave her my little bio.
Speaker 2: And isn't she like a Disney illustrator. Yeah, she has orbs around her.
Speaker 3: I know, yea in my hand. She goes, is that okay? And I was like, oh, it's very checks.
Speaker 4: They show that art on the episodes.
Speaker 3: Uh not yet okay, Yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Is it on your Instagram? I'll pull it up real quick.
Speaker 4: That's cool as hell. How serendipitous is that? You just like give her your little rundown and then she draws you like all beautiful with the orbs.
Speaker 3: Around Welcome to the podcast. Yes, and we're just on her phones. Yes, that is. I pick up my phone just in case it's not on my.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't. I can't find it.
Speaker 3: I can't find it here, but.
Speaker 2: I want you to see it. Her instagram is the Mellow Lee and Home.
Speaker 3: By the way, Well, by the time you guys hear this, I'll make sure it's on there.
Speaker 2: Is it okay? If we like drop this in?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that too much work out?
Speaker 4: I like answer, oh my god.
Speaker 2: And that's a Disney illustrator.
Speaker 4: Can tell take it like one quick look at it. It's so disney esque and this looks like you.
Speaker 2: You see her astral wings.
Speaker 3: I'm upsessed, like the Switzerland. Yeah, that is everybody's wings.
Speaker 4: That's so cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we're having a blast.
Speaker 2: Can you send that image to me? Of course, I'd like to put.
Speaker 3: That off again for those of you at home that can't see my beautiful face. I am now texting Ryan led so always on my phone.
Speaker 2: We'll drop it in the in the video so they can see. Yeah, and they'll go He'll be like, you know, their jaws will drop at this. Amazing nerds. Yeah, of court nerds.
Speaker 3: I'm absolutely stunning in cartoon versions.
Speaker 4: You're so humble, You're so humble.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Kind of heaven since two thousand and six.
Speaker 4: Bro, is that really when you played your first goddess? Hey man, listen, I need to know the hard detail.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I played my first goddess until like the twenty twelves, I was. I was a vampire like a princess, and.
Speaker 2: I want to watch that one. By the way, you heard of Enemy, Yeah, she's in.
Speaker 3: I don't want to give it away, but she's.
Speaker 2: One of the main roles in there. I'll hell, yeah it looks cool.
Speaker 3: So Uki Cross and then Rinn so I was just a you know, goddess Maria. Yeah, Fate stay night, Fate, Fate stay Night, and then unlimited Blade works eventually, but she becomes Ishtar so I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey Alex, grab that grab that statue to your right.
Speaker 4: I now love me some fate stick.
Speaker 3: Look oh it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How cool is that?
Speaker 2: That was bought for me as a president of my wife and mother in law's gorgeous random synchronicity.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so yeah, thank you. They have sport groups for goddesses like me, and do they.
Speaker 4: Really no filled with all sorts of other goddess you imagine? Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 3: When were you first cast as a goddess? She's like, well, I was Jade and I just you know, ever since.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a tough life, isn't Jade?
Speaker 2: Like a thousand years older is a Katana?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: A woman never talks about her age. I'm an and Dannian goddess. Could we just leave it at that?
Speaker 4: Why? Seriously, Ryan, do you not know you don't ask women that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I love tik want you get.
Speaker 2: To about nine hundred years. I feel like, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: She's like, you know, I'm on me full thousand years old. She's the younger version.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's giving that yeah. Oh yeah. So then two thousand and six is when you started voice acting.
Speaker 3: Really a little bit before then, like one or two things, I was just paying off student loans before I went to law school. And then it kind of got fun. So I figured I pushed law school back a little. And then I thought I'd save up money so I don't have to go to law school. And then I got like a publishing deal, a record deal, and and then I didn't go to law school.
Speaker 2: She sings, oh yeah, I heard a little diddy.
Speaker 4: I heard a little ditty.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the living room, she gave us a little sample.
Speaker 2: She's got a record.
Speaker 3: I love your impression of me.
Speaker 4: That was that was me, That was fully my energy coming out. Okay, you'll learn it's okay.
Speaker 3: You should have warned the crop top.
Speaker 4: I know I was this close.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I've said bro like eighty seven times today. It just it works with you.
Speaker 4: We're bringing that out of it. You almost said it again. You almost just called me bruh again. I can be bro. That's okay.
Speaker 2: Now she's saying bro.
Speaker 4: But when not right, it's more shaka. But when I come out in that crop top, you're not gonna be calling me brou no.
Speaker 3: But you know I'll be watching going. I made that happen.
Speaker 2: I made his dreams.
Speaker 3: I made that. I was the beginning of that. That that paradigm you man from me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you changed my life.
Speaker 3: Oh Ryan, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I just I'm wondering what send it for me? You get to see me for you, But I needed to be more visceral.
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: That's frightening, that's foreboding textures.
Speaker 2: I'm out maybe like you know, hold your hand when you're showing up on the scene or something.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, yeah yeah, So so two thousand and six, you didn't expect to have that much fun with it?
Speaker 3: No? Really, but listen, do we need to start again? Do we have to like rewind the song? Control already? I'll tell you it's it's really probably it's your fault. Ryan, What did I do? You're the one that took me to the mess hall and we had I mean, I've been trying to eat like sushi bowls, poke bowls, and he's like, they got a tater top bowl.
Speaker 2: Hey, I excited about it. I will say I did.
Speaker 3: His eyes lit up and I couldn't say no, you're in the South, so I had a Carolina Burger and some tot So I'm in a little bit of a tot coma.
Speaker 2: In a te hole. Oh yeah, yeah, we're in the te hole.
Speaker 3: I mean if we'd had just like a very smoothie, I'd be like, so I was the queen of having in two thousand and six, you'd be calm and yeah, but you tatered me not the verb, not the verb?
Speaker 4: Man, get tatered?
Speaker 2: What have I done?
Speaker 3: You got man.
Speaker 4: Up right now? Hell yeah?
Speaker 3: Things are getting crazy?
Speaker 4: Would you ever voice of tater?
Speaker 2: This is getting out of control?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like, I could be tighter, hot, and I can make things. And you know, Taer's got all kinds of uses. Imagine well my tight would She's like, she's like, I'm a guy for taters. Oh like, you give me some vegetables and I would make anything.
Speaker 4: Guys, we are so excited to tell you about our first brand deal with Stigma Hemp. We are so pumped to be working with them. These people are amazing. We've been working with them for a couple of months now. They have an amazing product. It's a family owned business and we really really believe in the product. Ryan tell them about some of the products a Stigma gap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they got these delicious THHC T's Celta Waters gummies. I would personally say they're the best gummies I've ever tasted. I would in my humble opinion, and that milligram is just that perfect dose to have a good night without all the you know, the the freaky thoughts ummies usually bring. No But seriously, it's a great product. Josh is a great guy, the founder of Stigma Hemp, and I just I really am excited to partner with them, especially knowing that he is personally very interested in UFOs and the UFO space. And Yeah, I mean I just couldn't be more excited about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guys, they have CBD, they have THHC, they have capsules, they have gummies, they have drinks. They have these awesome CBD and THHC drinks that are zero sugar, zero calories, zero alcohol. It's just pure either CBD or THHC, and it's all in like relatively low doses, so it's manageable. It's a really really good product. We've tested it ourselves many times. It's fantastic. They even have like sleepy time stuff that has melatonin. We really truly, actually love this product. It's amazing. So what we got a little special offer for our listeners.
Speaker 2: Yes, we did about it. Go to stigma hemp dot com and use code BSS at checkout and you get a nice little thirty percent bump off your price there and uh, you know, get you some tens of gummies and just have a good time with them.
Speaker 4: Stigma hemp dot com code BSS, get that git every syllable invegable.
Speaker 2: You know what cracks me up? Sound Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: Corn fritter?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, how would they sound?
Speaker 4: Well? Your time.
Speaker 3: My nana makes like hot water corn bread, so I feel like hot water corn bread and corn fritters are like on a gang war. It's basically like you know, they'd be It's like the West Side Story. Can you imagine it'd be like what so corn fritter would be like, I'm a corner. I got some cool right, she has no idea? So good? You know, don't mess with me I'm a cool and then you got hot water corn bread coming up from a deep South, Like, listen, brow, you ain't never cord mess? What is how water corn bread? Poo poo poo. Man, I'm getting out of fly all day. You want to mess?
Speaker 4: Wait? Wait that.
Speaker 2: Was that was brilliant. So then I'm curious. We have to go there, guys, we have we do.
Speaker 3: I was a lonely child and an only child.
Speaker 2: We just went and now we have to take the mile.
Speaker 3: Oh wait wait, okay, wait, what are we doing now?
Speaker 2: How about a hot dog?
Speaker 3: My god, but it's a girl hot dog.
Speaker 2: That's up to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's definitely like she's a girl hot dog. But she is, well, my brain, people, she's a girl hot dog. She's a little bit. She's just like me. I mean she was a tomboy maybe just not drawn right, you know, Like I totally want to do it, guys, guys, guys, put me in a bun. Go on, guys, Oh my god, don't judge. I don't want to be a corn dog to the buns. I could the football games. You could put me like, I could be at the Dodgers. I could be like, hey, don't hang on me. If you're not for the Dodgers. I'm I'm from LA right now. So it's like, man, I could be a Dodger doll. I'm like, I mean, hey, just because I'm a girl don't mean that I can't be you know, I could sweat it out. I could be in New York. I could be like I could be hold on our dog. I could be in New York. I could put me in, put me in.
Speaker 2: So notice how the Corford was all right, I want to break it to you. No, no, no, that.
Speaker 3: Was never going to be hot dog.
Speaker 2: Huh. Well no, you can certainly get.
Speaker 3: The call back, but maybe I won't get the job. So there's there's that girls like, please don't like your girl, and they're like your girl.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So there's a meme war right now and our like Discord, Patreon, Ca and I just about corn fretters versus hot dogs.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're a perfect fit in this world. I just you have to know, like this is gonna be more on the money. Oh my, there is there's a there's a gang war. You said gang war.
Speaker 2: She said mafia.
Speaker 4: She said gang war.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gang war.
Speaker 4: Our fans are in a gang war of hot dogs. Versus corn Fritters and.
Speaker 2: The corn Fitters mafia.
Speaker 4: I did you just gave them a voice?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: But you said cornforters and I said hot water corn bad. I just feel like I feel like they be treating like those hot dogs like their girls. And I mean notice.
Speaker 2: Notice that hot dog was desperate.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In the corn for it was.
Speaker 4: Cool, yeah, cool, chill like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I'm a cool fritter, Like I don't want to fight, go fight. We can settle this. Man. It's obvious, isn't it. Girl, girl, Man, I believe in you.
Speaker 2: I love I love.
Speaker 3: The comforts be it.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something funny. So when we were in Oregon following contact in the desert, which unfortunately Mela couldn't make she had to go back to do a convention.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, guys, it's service. It's all Ryan's fault. It is my fault.
Speaker 2: It's all my fault. Oh my god, I'm just in trouble now. Now now, you guys are all, you know, bonding and hitting it off, and I'm in trouble with everybody.
Speaker 4: It's okay, that's all right, it's okay.
Speaker 2: I've had my time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh me and wait we Oh, okay, I thought we were getting they were high fiving Nick. I thought he was like, no, fourteen minute episode.
Speaker 2: So you guys, you guys don't know about this. When we went to Oregon after contacting the Desert, which we'll come back to that, because we were there together for the whole time.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know that until today.
Speaker 2: I don't know that the whole time. Yeah, it was it was amazing.
Speaker 3: I wish I wish I'd been in Oregon. That sounded am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was wild. But okay, So when we went to Oregon and State at a mutual friend's house, they had like a professional catering event and we did like a massive SkyWatch with like twenty to thirty people part of the So my buddy Emil, who y'all know, Yeah, he was at Azeia Fest. He got the corn for it, a recipe what from the discord And because he's in the discord incognito, he's incognito. He got the recipe, he gave it to the professional catering company and they made the corn.
Speaker 4: Fra no way.
Speaker 2: They were the first thing to just disappear. They were the first thing to get snatched up. Yeah. So the corn Friends are going worldwide. We had them in Oregon.
Speaker 3: They were okay, so yeah you didn't. I guess. I guess it's you know, when you go to Oregon and you're hanging out in this beautiful like nature's everywhere, you can't be like, madam, would you like a hot dog?
Speaker 4: Right? So unclassy?
Speaker 3: I don't know if I feel that corn fritters though classy nothing.
Speaker 2: It would have been ins get that away.
Speaker 3: We have to come up with a new name for it.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: We wouldn't call it a.
Speaker 4: Hot no, it would be something much more elegant.
Speaker 3: It would be hot dog.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, be like a pork fritter.
Speaker 3: Sir, you know, world peace? Yes, everything together? Please?
Speaker 2: So desperate in its voice, Yeah, I'm so stoked because like, seriously, on a real note, you have no clue how long. Like I haven't really talked about it a whole lot openly, but in the back of my mind, I've been like desperate to have somebody who's into voice acting to come on to the show and then you know the story, but the people at home don't know how you just like poof, you just appeared in my life, and I remember when you first sent me that message on Instagram. Me and Jenny were watching TV and I looked down at my phone or she found it actually sees oh my god, look it's a voice actor. I was like, oh my god. I was freaking out. But it started off with a video.
Speaker 3: M I did.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about that?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't. I don't think I sent the video right away.
Speaker 2: Well no, no, but okay, you're right. You you do correct me on that. And it's important now because I didn't find out about the video till a couple days later, but you reached out to me. We get to talking, we schedule a zoom call, and then I find out there's a video.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, So I want to talk about that more or less about what happened to you.
Speaker 3: I want to be serious about this, but I'm also thirsty.
Speaker 1: So just.
Speaker 3: Realized the cameras on.
Speaker 2: Keep talking, get the shot, Okay, I can keep talking. So yeah, and then just beyond you know, talking about the or video and our connection together and everything, I also wanted to talk about, like your faith and just kind of expand upon that and some of the amazing things that happened to you and around.
Speaker 3: You, and I have an extraordinary life.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 3: I mean I had maybe not the happiest childhood, which is one of the reasons my second childhood is so much better than my first. I think is why I laugh a lot, and I love life is just so safe and beautiful and it's an adventure. I think it's it's probably how we all wish our childhoods were, where you don't know that monsters are real. And I've always felt though from like my earliest memory was probably nine or ten months old, and I was trying to take steps and I let go of my grandmother's hand and I took a step and I fell down the stairs and it was like a spiral staircase. And I don't remember falling. I remember flying and landing and being fine. And I could see there's a mirror at the bottom of the stairs and you could see her, oh my, oh my, like she was frightened coming down. And I remember thinking, she's not gonna let me do that again, you know, I was like, well, I really blew that. But I wonder why that's my first memory, And I think it's also my first memory that you know, as I get older, I'm like, that's my first memory of being protected, being carried right, like being safe in situations that could have ended up poorly badly, but my faith. When I was twelve, there was some really sad things that happened, inappropriate things. And it's funny that I recently, not that it's funny, but strange. I went to some comic cons some appearances recently at these places where these things happened, and it was it was lovely to know that I made it out, but also just a respect for this little girl. Like when you're twelve, you think you're one hundred years old. But I spent a year and a half trying to figure out how I could end my life. No, wow, but when you're twelve, I mean, where do you get pills? Where do you get a gun? Where do you know? That wasn't an option. And there was a group of kids that was going to a Baptist church and I went to this like adult Bible study. I'm twelve and somehow end up in this young adult Bible study. But they had an altar call and they were explaining that Jesus died for you know, not our sins only, but the sins of the whole world. And for me, what resonated was that there was this price that was paid for things that were done to me. And I'm a math girly, so I understood, like the people that had hurt me, mathematically speaking, there's nothing that they could do to make it better. And in this moment of like this mystical moment, I felt like this thing, this entity, this presence, this protection. It said, listen, if you give me your life and promise not to take it, I promised to make it worth your while. And I remember it's like a hard promise to keep, and I mean, you're thirteen. So I thought, okay, so in about six months, my life's gonna be perfect. You know the math And it took a minute, but I have this extraordinary life now, and I think I would have missed all of it. And I realized some people are like, why, you know, I don't think that when people are thinking of unliving themselves, they're thinking I don't want to be alive. They're just thinking I don't want to live like this. Yeah, and the math gets really difficult of how can I not feel this pain? How can I not feel When you have been physically, verbally or and or other kinds of abuse, it erases your value, and there's like this the strength that it takes just to walk outside and be normal, and I like, I'm in a place in my life right now. I'll openly talk about it because I realize if I don't, there might be somebody listening right now that is doing what I was doing, which is being a really good person and a support character. And I want to make sure everyone else feels good. But in the inside, it's because I don't think I have any other value then at least making you feel good about yourself. But there have been always this feeling of protection, of connection to God, and never felt like I needed to save twenty seven people so I can get a pizza party. You know, it was never a transaction for me. Those of you, I have been to some real hardcore churches, you may understand that. It just I don't feel like people are a currency. But I would love each day, like when I didn't think my life would keep going. Sometimes I thought, but at least I'll know that I got to make someone feel like they mattered. And so when you talk about like my relationship with God, I think it's this tremendous compassion that I've had for other people. But when I went back to these two towns where some really terrible things had happened. Is the first time I really had some extreme compassion for myself.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the bravery it took to get to where I'm at now, and I had never stopped to be like Mela. And I'm so proud of you because I know, though it's probably pretty hard to believe without seeing that that life could be better. And so, you know, if anyone can hear my voice now, I am the patron scene of second chances and late bloomers. I did everything wrong and my life is turned out beautifully, right, that's so beautiful.
Speaker 5: I definitely it's so hard for us to be compassionate to ourselves, and we don't like to think about that, you know, we think about being compassionate to other people, right, because we want to be like you said, it's like almost like in service to other people, a support character, like you said, but like who's supporting you? Yeah, if you're not going to do it, there's no guarantee that anyone else is going to do it.
Speaker 2: I think it's most difficult to be supportive to yourself.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, absolutely, and just recently the pandemic you know leading up to some of the reasons why Ryan and I know each other just I'm that strong support person. I played Lifeline and you know the goddess thing that goes in the and two friends two years in a row were diagnosed in March of cancer young cats gone in June. And then the next year someone jumped off the top of my building. And then six months later someone ended their life like in very close proximity to me, and it just broke me, like as the first of my life. I knew, like at that moment there was that was max. You know sometimes you're like, I don't know how much more. I was like, I knew that was it. It just broke my heart. And in the obituary the person said they were you know, I read at their obituary and they were anime fans, and I just was like, whow who made them feel like that they weren't worthwhile? And of course I want to reach out to them, But at that moment, I thought, if I don't have a sustainable practice of caring for myself, like it's just that thin line of just breaking. And that happened in twenty twenty three, and just this last couple of years have been really learning to forgive, you know, my abusers, learning how to put myself in the math equation of kindness and compassion and joy, and I leave time for taters and you know, like I'm just sometimes have a perfect die. Sometimes I don't joy. Like I think, it's really occurred to me, how unlikely not only that I have this incredible life, but how light unlikely it is that I made it out of thirteen till now.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: And I always feel like I have angels all around me.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I've had people that see things like that and they're like, you have angels all around you. And recently that happened and I was like, I know, and she goes, oh, you see them, and I thought, no, now I don't. And then about a week later, I was saying goodbye to my beautiful Nana and there were like these twenty one beautiful glowing orange red lights above her house and I was like, what is this? And I watched for a while and then I remember like I slowly reached from my phone because it's like one of those extraordinary things, and I thought maybe I can film it, And even in the in the camera, I would look at them and they were so astrally beautiful, and I would look at it through the iPhone and it was just like a pinpoint of the overall in person, which is such a metaphor, like sometimes when we were worried like did I look good in a picture? I do that all the time, do I look pretty? And human beings and this experience is so much much bigger than a lens. You know, that's just a fraction of what we think is being captured.
Speaker 4: You can't be captured all that beauty, right, And it.
Speaker 3: Was extraordinary and beautiful, and you know, even in the months that have followed, like I was like, well, how many people must have seen that? Nobody?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Really, I was curious if that was like a thing in that area that a lot of people had seen.
Speaker 3: There was actually like went online and I mean, I don't know what else to call.
Speaker 4: They were orbs, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, so I typed in orbs. Nothing there was deor bags, which apparently.
Speaker 4: Is the thing that.
Speaker 3: I was like, there was a couple of things, but it did, you know, lead me to a thumbnail. And I love reading, so I just probably listened to the first two minutes of an interview of someone named Chris Bledsoe, but it says he wrote a book, and I read the book and that was it was extraordinary, like I saw like near death experiences and like I like I was. I had like butterfly buzz in my in my chest and my heart the whole time. But he said he had a little body, Nam Ryan, who believed him. And I reached out and I sent a message and I was like, I don't know if you're going to read this, but I have an extraordinary life and I saw something really beautiful and extraordinary. It led me to your father's book. And I just want to say I'm proud of you for going through what you went through to be the man you are today, because a lot of people need hope. They need to know there's something out there. We don't need to understand what it is. But I saw an autographs with kids all the time, grown people, and people are frightened right now and lost. And I think, you know, I love God, but I'm really aware that sometimes churches can be the most abusive place is people have ever known, and so they they walk away from God because they think it can only be inside of a building. But I think Ryan, you and your dad have maybe opened up an opportunity for people to be reminded that it's it's in the air, it's in it's it's in who we are, it's in that we are in a magical existence right now, and there are mysteries to be uncovered and discovered.
Speaker 2: I saw your video, which I think by this point maybe we would have dropped it in so people at home could see. If you're not watching us on YouTube, you should go there because we do have video. Surprise, it's for the podcast only, you know Spotify video too. Oh sweet? Do we put video up there now?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Oh cool?
Speaker 3: Cool, so you can see how cute Nick is just about every meeting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, stop it and see the goddess called.
Speaker 2: And see the video there. I saw this footage. We okay. So I got our message on Instagram. Jenny and I are watching TV on a Friday night and I'm like, oh crap, it's happening. It's happening you know, someone from you know, the anime industry. I started looking down your feed. Jenny was like, oh my god, she's a voice actor.
Speaker 4: Ryan.
Speaker 2: I was like, O I'll get back with her tomorrow. So I read your message. I reach out to you and obviously we hit it off really quickly, and then I don't remember who through the first stone, but it was like, let's get on a zoom call and I was like, heck yeah. It was like a day or two later. We get to talking. Obviously, the vibes are really good. We're like meshing. And then I see your video and if you remember, I had somebody coming to my house to pick up yeah junk, So it was just bad timing. It was like we had a call, but then I had this company coming to pick up all that old trash in my garage and they were getting delayed, and I was like, well, I'm so sorry, don't go anywhere. Do not go anywhere. I'll be back in thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I got an audition. I'm going to record this audition.
Speaker 2: I came back called her again and I was like, you have no idea how crazy that footage is. She has no clue. She's like, what do you mean. I was like, I have seen thousands and thousands and thousands of or videos and this is the best one that's ever sent to me, and your els in her head. She's like, oh crap, I'm a part of this now.
Speaker 3: So I was like, yeah, it's beautiful. I don't I'm not in the community, so what would I compare it against.
Speaker 4: Sure, Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, And then I did when he texted me that. And then when we got back on the zoom, I could see his face and he goes, let me be clear, my dad and I like thousands and thousands, literally thousands of videos, and he's like, but this. Oh yeah, And then all of a sudden, I got those butterfly buzzes in my gut and I thought, oh, what, what's is my Oh?
Speaker 2: And it hasn't been posted yet ever as far as I know. Really, I'm happy that you've given me permission to post that.
Speaker 3: And you asked and I thought, well, who better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like astonishing, like you showed me back when I guess whenever it got it, and it was immediately like whoa. I mean like, yeah, not only do people not get videos like that typically, but only very very recently have I been around when there's sightings of a few at a time, a few in the sky at a time. I mean, we get excited if there's four or five of them at one sky at one time, and they just kind of like zip by and it's like, whoa, that's crazy. That video was like this is a whole and.
Speaker 3: It was a little overcast, and so for me, I couldn't tell they felt close, but I didn't know. And I even was thinking, are they against the mountains, which is a weird thing because there were no mountains anywhere nearby, And I'm like, maybe I can see them better because of the mountains, because I live near mountains. But like my brain was literally not understanding.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, tries to do all these mental gymnastics and like explain or contextualize what you're waking.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't have any context. But I you know, I feel led in my life quite often, and I think it was important for me to be led to someone who Again, anyone listening, I no matter what you believe, what church you've been, I'm so sorry if anyone has ever hurt you and thought made you think that you aren't extraordinary. Like the exquisite math of the universe equals you, like, as infinite as the universe is, we're like a speck on a grain of sand on the ocean, or you know, the beach on the ocean of the universe. But we were important enough to take our first breath, like you matter. And I feel like these experiences are very spiritual, and for me, I wouldn't have There was no fear. I wasn't frightened, you know, I wasn't abducted. I was just it was like a wave. And I would hope that you know, I love that your father and you have such a spiritual connection to the phenomena. And I think it's a it's a hello, and it's it's really it's a it's a childlike wonder. Remember when we were kids and we didn't know the answers, but we weren't afraid that we didn't know the answers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we just.
Speaker 3: Were like, wow, now that's something I want to figure out, or HI, or you know, we talked about it sometimes. Remember when you were a kid. I don't know if anybody else did this, but you'd be maybe on a road trip, and a semi truck would come and you would you would do your right and and sometimes the truck would honk. Now you're not a kid thinking well, I wonder if he loves me, and this is going to be a long, lifelong friendship. The only thing that you are like in your moment is like I have made contact. It was just a wave, which that's a wave and it's sort of like you wave and wave back and like for days. You could be four or five years old and you're like, man, I communicated with a semi track like you just be like but that was that's the feeling. And I think that you know, even though I don't know exactly what it is, if it's if it's in line with the rest of my life, guys, it's it's angelic beings that were letting me know that. You know, hold on, the ride's going to get even more beautiful, and you know, well, welcome to my life. Listen made corn fred Or voices.
Speaker 4: Pretty wild, It gets pretty wild.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 4: They are getting so much publicity. I love it.
Speaker 2: I know, man, just some Wilmington restaurants. Good.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sure it's all cholesterol for you in high.
Speaker 2: Protein right, yes, in North Carolina definitely. Well look, game knowse game, your life is wild. I know that. You know my life is wild too. I saw that video and I was like, well, you're my friend. Now, You're not going anywhere.
Speaker 3: I found that too, like not from the video. It was like, I get this alternate childhood right now. Like my childhood, it may have had opportunities for it to be fun, but I was just so traumatized and sad as a child that I was just trying to get through the day. But in my life now I meet people like Nick and Alex and sorry, guys, I'm running a fave. It's as if I'm getting to go out in the recess, you know when you get to go to the playground, like whoa cool put me in that kind of energy where we were just laughing and like, what what a beautiful thing that I get to experience this extraordinary event, and and then you know have like inner seven year old me connects to you know, inner eight year old you know sage Wise orby over here, and you know that's funny, sag Orb orbi one.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: I like that You're my only hope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we get to like I just imagine as as kids like looking up at the stars. I'm like, wow, that's cool in it, and he's.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, yeah, your imagination just goes wild. But that that video, it's like twenty giant fireflies in the sky, like I it's it's astounding.
Speaker 2: It's incredible where.
Speaker 3: I was they were. I mean, if I could measure them, they were more like four to five feet across. I mean they were they were. I guess when I took the pictures, just the center, the pinpoint of it is what you see. But the radiance of it they.
Speaker 4: Were had like an aura around them.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They were like from my head to my waist and just moving and just masmerize.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think you're making a grand entrance with that video onto the scene, like, pow, this is my first ever orbit.
Speaker 4: People.
Speaker 2: You know, people are people would pay their life savings to have an experience like this, I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: But you know, isn't that the message of the divine is that you don't you don't have to give your life savings.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Unconditional love is like a great, huge bargain, right, Like everybody has enough in their pockets for some unconditional love.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, that well is bottomless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I mean you can scroll all you want, but it's just like you're just like the ultimate verified person in the eyes of God, a creator whatever you want to call it. Like we get to be like we're worthy of all the likes and all the loves, and I think it's really important and maybe that's the message. Like, guys, I was hanging out with my nana, who is ninety five. She's now ninety six. That's the time. She's ninety five, and and she just discovered the internet. She had cable forever and now she has the Internet. So she's like, baby, I gotta show you some stuff, and she was I don't know how she gets these. She has. Her whole YouTube feed is filled with Korean and Indian like humor meme videos.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: The person who's like it's like the funny music, and she's like making the noodles and she turns her back and her husband takes like the egg and he thinks he's got it and he switches the plate. But then it turns out she knew he was going to do that, and her plate now has all the good stuff, and she's just like, that's amazing. And then she'll sometimes be like, well and for you know, young the restless, because that's her jam. Oh yeah, she's found these things that do recaps and she's like, well, and it's recaps from years ago, and she'd be like, I remember when he had a twin brother.
Speaker 2: She's going up.
Speaker 3: She's like, so this is like she loves it. I've never seen this on YouTube, but YouTube has her number. It's like food memes and and recaps of the Young and the restless. So we were just I just thought, how sweet that I get to spend this time. And sometimes she's ninety six. I don't know how long she's going to be here, and I will try to memorize her, her laugh or her like the way she she gets excited her you know, she'll do her hands like this, you know. And and I walked out and I turned to say goodbye to her, And what was funny is I was like, Nana, there are UFOs over your house. And she was like, it's cold outside. You don't have a sweater. She wanted me in the car because she's ninety, you know, ninety six. All she could see was me standing like in a black you know, outfit, with a black phone. So she doesn't register that I'm taking pictures. She just thinks I've stopped to turn and say goodbye to her, and I'm frozen in love and bye. She thinks it out and she's like, good okay, goodbye. I got to go and watch The Young and the Restless. Did you get in your car and leave? But I was like, there are UFOs above your eye?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: She one of the reasons I had to stop filming. And I was like, guys, this is amazing. But she's really agitated. I had to run up to her and be like, Nana, there are UFOs above your house and I'm filming them. And she says, that's beautiful. You don't have a sweater and you have to protect your voice. And I was like okay. So I walked away and I talked to them. I was like, guy, I don't want to bother her, but this was magnificent. And they started kind of flittering and going away, and there was one and I was like, hold on, and I got in the car and I'm waving at Nana and I went around the block and then got out of the car to say goodbye to the last orb because I want to say goodbye, but I didn't want her to worry that I wasn't. I showed her the video the next time I saw her. She just giggled. Because my Nana sings all day long, talks to God all day long. And she's like a tough person, like she's the person who she's ninety six. Most of her friends are in their seventies. She's helping them with their wills. She takes them to chemo like she's she's a lifeline, right, and she's that person that like her. Her partner passed away. She was with him till the day he died. He collapsed in the house. She was not gonna have him in a nursing home. So she's like ninety years old and driving him to all of his treatments, and she wanted to make sure that he wasn't, you know, in a nursing home. And she just she talks to God all the time, and she's like a gangster when it comes to getting stuff done right. And sometimes she's also at this place guys like we're all talking about the spiritual stuff. But she'll be like and when I was in Oakland, she's like, there was a very handsome man and he wanted to dance with me, and this girl came up on me and she's like that, my man, you can't dance with him. And she was like, well, and I had one of those very loose blouses and I went to Chink and out came my switchblade, and I told her I could dance with anyone I wanted to. I don't know if anyone else is getting these stories, but I get to spend more time with her because she's in California than anyone else. And both of my all of my grandmothers have been just extraordinary humans. But when I showed her the video, she just laughed, like giggled, and she said, yep, yeah, that's about right, and just like it's almost like she just knows that's who she must be singing to all day. I just feel very lucky that that's somehow, that's amazing, you know, in our you know, in our lineage somehow. But yeah, I guess it was a big opening. I'm so grateful for you. Like you're a fountain of knowledge, do you know what I mean? So like you're like my big bro. Or that's sticking, that is sticking.
Speaker 2: One yea Luke Skywatcher, Okaya, Princess Malaya.
Speaker 3: But that you know, there's a lot of people, you know, coming out as things, and I laughed about coming out as like Histor or the Goddess. But I'm coming, you know, as people that have had extraordinary lives who have overcome extraordinary things. And there is this this familiarity with people who have had traumatic childhoods or experiences. We've had a connection to other like if you flatlined. And I remember in my accident there was this gray like for a long time, and I wasn't in any pain. I was just kind of floating and just it was nice after the chaos of spinning in this car, and and I was in so and then I was just floating, but this voice just said, if you don't breathe, you'll die. And it was real calm, like a real, just calm decision. And I remember thinking, my life is so good, I have to go back. And I took that breath. Never been in more pain in my life. But the beauty of it was like I'd gotten to a place in my life, or as good as it felt to be in that other place, I wanted to be here. And that was such a great realization. But that we just get to connect on those things and Ryan it when I was reading the book, I just it's funny how we can have different experiences as human beings from anywhere in the world, but the outcome is the same. The alienation, not being believed. You know, a lot of abuse victim part of the abuse is when someone doesn't believe you when you try to ask for help. That's the final blow. And you know, maybe very different from where you were at, but we have the same experience of people that should you know, that should love you, and they probably do, but they don't believe you, or you feel alone, you feel alienated. Ats cool and gosh, you'd be like everybody else if you could be. We're just different. And the best part about being anime is that you go to these conventions and it's just a sea of people exactly like you. We're the people that sat at that table in school that had like the kind of the lunches that weren't cool and you know, like it's a sandwich. I don't know what's in it, but like just butter yeah, right, kids, right, But we took over the world and the world just became such a lovely place. And for me, I'm excited that I had this beautiful experience, but I didn't have to go through the heartbreak of wondering if it really happened. I mean, if it happened fifteen years ago, I wouldn't have had a phone right to take a picture and what was here? What is that like for you now? Which exactly how kind the world is and accepting we were in contact in the desert and what was that like that? There are so many people that really do want to know that guidance and are hungry for honesty and extraordinary experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll say this. I'm not going to say any names, just you know, for the protection of people. But you know, you were with us pretty much the whole time contact in the desert. Actually, you went to more of my dad's events than me, and one day I had to sleep in and she went to a panel that I didn't go to. So yeah, we get a lot of people coming and asking us questions. Nick and Alex have seen it. We do festivals and they you know, like people are really into this and they really come from around the world to see guidance. I had an experience, you know, they're sobbing tears whatever. I mean, a million different scenarios. And there was one lady, an older lady, she was elderly. She comes up to our booth and Dad's like signing a book and she comes up to me. I'm trying to remember the name, as she said, let me think about it for a moment. She said it was it was some well known name in the UFO world who I will not name. And she said, I was just at so and so's panel and they said that, you know, the reptilians are coming down to eat us, and they're they're gonna invade us and they're gonna, you know, take over our countries and enslave our population. And she was an old lady, right, And she was like, I'm scared. I'm really scared. Should I be worried about this? Doesn't the lady say she would protect us? Is she a race more powerful than those beings? And of course I'm sitting here in my head, I'm like, oh, I cannot believe she's believing all this bullshit, you know, and she's being tricked. I'm not like mad at her. I'm mad at that idiot who's pushing this crap on this vulnerable old lady and making her afraid. And I looked at her and I was like trying to think of how to say this in a way that was compassionate. And I was like, well, let me just say this. This is what I said to her. I was like, I believe that any decision that you make about the truth should be made with your heart. You're listening to what she's telling you, and it's scary. You're feeling afraid. You're feeling jittery and agitated and scared about what might happen. That's not from your heart. That's that's a very negative, evil force that's being pushed on you. And I said, and also, where's the proof? She was like, I don't know where's I was like, where's the proof, Where's the proof of these reptilians, Where's the proof of these monsters? Where's the proof of these aliens. She's like, I guess there is none. And I was like exactly, but you know what, we do have proof of these beings and you know, the orbs and all these loving things coming down. And I can't remember exactly what I said to the tea, but I can tell you that she walked away from that table being like, thank you, thank you. You know, I you know, it just was like reassuring her like you're okay, an alien monster is not going to come eat you. You are fine, and you know, follow your heart, listen to your heart. Think about this stuff from your heart. If it's scary and it's monsters and it's evil, probably bs. If it's love, if it's a message of compassion, you know I would listen to it. And this lady was vulnerable, like she she genuinely was like, I don't know what to believe. I'm scared and it just pisses me off.
Speaker 3: Well, let's play Devil's advocate and say any of it was true. It's like those of us have had and I guess I say those of us. So it's like everybody listening, those of us that have had dramatic childhood, dramatic experiences. We have to remind ourselves that we're speaking today because we got through them. So if we spend our time thinking that bad things can happen, of course they can happen. But we just laughed about corn fritters and hot dogs, and you know what I mean, Like there's so much possibility in the midst of no matter what happens, there's kind of this feeling that if something bad could possibly happen, I cannot experience joy, I must be afraid and fear it doesn't It's not helpful, you know, It's It's why sometimes We'll see these war stories and these people are just laughing because it's what gets you through. Human beings are extraordinary, you know, the math of the universe is extraordinary, but the math of us finding each other, being friends, being in this moment, me getting to play Goddesses of Heaven, and I mean, I'm sorry, I get paid to have a second childhood and travel all over the world and have friends and you know, I don't even know how is that even remotely possible?
Speaker 2: Hang out with fans that love you and that are.
Speaker 3: Kind and funny, and we're talking aerospace engineers and quantum physicists like and they're.
Speaker 2: Like podcast nerds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there could you do Jade's voice for me? Like we were contact in the desert? I'm talking man, the Bloodsoe crew runs deep like the people around them are like fascinating, extraordinary intelligent kind have seen the world. And then they'd be like, wait a minute, I'm sorry, you're Jade from more to call that. And this one cat was like, could you could you do a voice note for me? As your friends? So I did this voice note and like two days later, this incredible human being who has studied Egypt.
Speaker 2: For thirty time.
Speaker 3: Shout out any shout out bro like that just brilliant, like had some knowledge and facts and a life story that you're just hey, you want to watch that show over? Not like this episode genius And he said, I love this but uh, I forgot to get a voice note.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, is.
Speaker 3: It too late? And I'm thinking, in what universe are you like a literal superhuman? It's like hanging out with like the Marvel and DC, you know heroes, and then being like, can you like do your corn for your impression?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: But again, we forget I think we're so used to ourselves. We forget how extraordinary we are, and that when we come together like from all these different places, like there's just magic and it just feels like the playground. You know, when we're on the playground as kids. We don't know what our parents do, we don't know how they voted, we don't know what church they go to. We're just kids. And sometimes we get the magic of that on a podcast, you know, at a convention, you know, at a SkyWatch, I think that's the magic. Like think about the SkyWatch. We're just people looking for something extraordinary in the sky. That's it. We're just kids going was that it, you know, just and I think we forget sometimes the magic of human beings just being together and looking for something extraordinary to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is beautiful. It's like when you're a kid and you're just like laying down in the grass, like looking at like ants, and every second is infinite and the universe is just incomprehensibly huge, which of course it still is, but it's just like everything is brand new. Everything is wonderful and fascinating and like perplexing. And it does feel like that. It does feel like that. We had a conversation somewhat recently where it's like I said, these these sky watches they kind of feel like summer camp, you know, they kind of they do. They have like that feeling, that like comfortable feeling of like the only thing that matters in the world right now is all of us being out here outside looking up for something extraordinary. And that's like those are the most real moments that we can experience. It's just those little moments even, you know, I can hear it to other things in nature, like just like standing at the shore of the ocean and just watching the waves, just like lap against the sand. It's extraordinary. We take it for granted, we take all of these things for granted, and this is a new front that this thing is emerging and these people are beginning to experience, and it's it's magnificent.
Speaker 3: And I think we're sometimes as adults, we were supposed to pretend that we know everything that's happening. But the piece of it is, I don't. We don't. We don't have to. We're children, yeah, in the universe, absolute children, And you know, I don't know if you guys have ever experienced this. I'm such a girl. I'm like my emotions on my sleeve. I'm a hot dog inside. But I I always felt like I wasn't enough. I was different. Growing up. I moved a lot, so I was the new kid, and I carry that anxiety with me. No matter how good I was at something, no matter how much people would say, you're good at this, I always felt like any minute it'd all come crashing down. Anxiety, like just fear when things were new. I hope I say the right thing, you know, just anxiety. I hope I'm pretty like the whole thing. Where like now I'm an actor and like you got to be on the internet, and I'm just like, well, my photogenic, did I take the right selfie? Like I just never know. I'd rather just be right. And recently, especially this year, it's like really tapped into that thing when we were kids, Like you say, we didn't get at our you know, I think kids do now, but like when we were kids, we certainly weren't like trying to film ants like you were in that moment, right, And I don't know if I'm allowed to talk to about what happened at Contact in the Desert SkyWatch and some people were like, well, it's you know, it's a little bit cloudy. I've only seen orbs when it's cloudy, so I was like, something good's gonna happen. But there were a few people They're like, well it's cloudy, and they had left, maybe one hundred of the thousand, but some people stood up to to talk to Ryan and Chris and this this like white fluffy orbs super close with wings with fluffy wings, just like flitter flittered and like for twenty thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: You're talking a yeah, dude, it was like thirty feet away.
Speaker 3: It was so close, and it was one hundreds saw it yeah. And I just watched some and my friend, one of my friends, was like, did you film it? And I thought, no, of course not, yeah because and I was like that's good, Like I'm not here to film them all. I happen to have a few. You got it. You guys saw it. You can rewind this episode. I remembered what it was like to be a kid, like you said, and it was like, there's nothing better than just being in the presence of something that's extraordinary. And I mean, remember we always used to want magic to be real. Miracles are real.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, magic is real fact.
Speaker 3: That we live in this world. And just I watched it and I thought wow. And I was next to a cat that was like a longtime service of the government, like former air traffic controller, like so he knows how things go. And he was like a little kid. He was like wow, it's freaking out, whoa And you know you probably sixty seven year old cat, but like he was an eight year old boy. And we were, you know, we were basically outside looking at blades in the grass and stars and be like jeepers like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, yeah, wow, there is that notion that like, well, if you didn't film it it wasn't real. It's like, no, that is the furthest thing from the truth. Yeah, we all witnessed it with our eyes. We connected directly with that thing that we were looking at.
Speaker 3: And maybe that's part of the message. Yeah it's not. I mean, yes, we want to share a bit. Oh that's right. That life is to be witnessed, to be experienced, to be shared. Man, think of how many people just sat on the beach without checking cards of who you are. We voted for what people kids and at the stars. You know what, It's funny. I'm living in California and I was like, oh my god, I just tried to a California. I was like, oh man, we're just kids looking at the store. It's probably just because I'm tatered.
Speaker 4: What was in those taters? Well, was there's something in those taters?
Speaker 2: It was the sauce, sauce.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I've had that much sugar, salt and fat and one saying I was like, you.
Speaker 2: You really are making me feel guilty here.
Speaker 3: No, we left no crumbs.
Speaker 2: I was like, are you sure this is okay?
Speaker 3: You know what was funnies? He's like, well, we've got fruit plates there's a vegetarian place, Greek Greek. And then he's like, mess also, we can have smoothies. And I was like roll back. I didn't hear anything, but there was one like and he was like, we could do Greek. I said, Greek sounds good. He goes yeah and mess all.
Speaker 2: She said your eyes a little.
Speaker 3: And I said, what's mess All? I said, your eyes lit up? And he goes have a Tater bowl and I was like, I can't get in the.
Speaker 2: Wave taste fried chicken.
Speaker 3: I was like that stuff?
Speaker 2: Man was.
Speaker 3: I mean like, hopefully this will be the most bewed episode ever, like it was the Taters Taters corn free.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm stching up on Tater energy. You're what I'm stitching up on that energy?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What does that mean for us?
Speaker 2: Tater Team? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Go go Tater range.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a new Dawn boys.
Speaker 3: Got it. You're gonna write as the theme song, Alex Tater Team, is it you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll do it.
Speaker 3: How's it gonna go? Come on? Uh?
Speaker 4: You know, Tater Team. It'll it'll be like Alex will do the vocals for it, right, Yeah, you're find.
Speaker 2: Doing some metal shredding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll definitely do something like tapping.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, yeah, yeah, it has to be it has to be primal scream and then where the Tater Team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's let's do it. That'll be the theme song for this episode.
Speaker 3: I know you guys have gangster like corn Fritter and uh, but I think Tater Team is coming on the right.
Speaker 4: Damn, what the hell there's a third gang on the rise right now, Tater Gang.
Speaker 2: I would I would say it's more team. Yeah, they're more like they're in the position of power.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: The gangs are on the street level.
Speaker 4: They're the corporation.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, they're bigger than that. Even they're part of the.
Speaker 3: You know, Ryan Tater looking down at the neighborhood, seems to be some beef between the corn Fritters and hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Wipe them out, hit the button in.
Speaker 3: And then like some like real all knowing god narrators like Nicktator overheard the conversation all of.
Speaker 4: Our names with Tat at the Ryan Tator, Nctator.
Speaker 3: Meditator, Meditator, that it's not the Tuma that's powerful.
Speaker 4: Actually that is the Meditator.
Speaker 2: Damn, what the punch up of that?
Speaker 3: She rises above she's a goddess. I am the salt of the earth.
Speaker 4: I'm the star.
Speaker 2: You gotta catchup packet wings.
Speaker 3: Damn, Oh my gosh, catch the packet wings. Those are deep.
Speaker 2: You need to get your Disney friend dude to punch up them.
Speaker 3: No, dude, you got a discord. Just got to be an artistic meditator. Ryan Tator, Alex Tator, Nicktator.
Speaker 4: Nictator is like Dictator. It is Oh my god, whoa, I'm the villain? Like, I'm the villain.
Speaker 3: No, we have to keep you. And you're like, listen, I know my dad's the king. I'm like Nicktator.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say villain.
Speaker 3: That's a strong one.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be.
Speaker 2: You're the one who does the stuff that we can't stomach for the team, Like, you know, you got to handle the hard choice.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm the bad copy.
Speaker 3: The meditator is like, hey, boys, I think you want to think twice about that. She spreads her ketchup packet wings.
Speaker 4: See can we make this's a show or a comic book or.
Speaker 3: Something happening right now? It's going to pay for our children's college. South Park is gone, guys. It's the Taters team. The problem. We're the Tat team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, Yeah, I love it. I'm like the baked potato.
Speaker 3: Oh I love it. There were no stigma harmed in the making of this episode.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, shout out, stay.
Speaker 3: I love He's like, I'm the baked Tater.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to.
Speaker 3: I need to the Nicktator, baked Tater, Meloitator and what sf Tater that's a nickname, Serf Tater, Serf.
Speaker 2: Tater, did some tater.
Speaker 4: You guys man get bashful. Now you're the serf Tater.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, thank you so much. Oh my gosh, that's.
Speaker 4: All from you.
Speaker 3: You know, it's really happened that thank you so much. That kind of felt a little bit like he was like, I never thought I'd be accepting this away. I don't have anything prepared, Serf Tater. I like tater te Lady, Tater lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, Wow, just got a white flowing the you know the packs that like the French fries come in the creakily.
Speaker 3: Little Oh my gosh, yeah, one a gown.
Speaker 4: We are giving our discord so much ammunition right now, it's insane.
Speaker 2: I think half of them are still freaked out about the hot dog.
Speaker 3: Thing like she was all on corn fritters side. I didn't mean.
Speaker 4: It's the right side of history to be one I.
Speaker 3: Put I put hot water corn bread in there. Yeah, dirty south Man, I had to represent.
Speaker 2: I think it's time for a new team. It's the Tater team. We're going to erase that old history and we're going to move forward with the TA team. Is it?
Speaker 3: It's fritters, dogs and Taters.
Speaker 2: Thectator erased the history. Oh my god, you're the nick goblin that the Tater Goblin is what you are.
Speaker 3: That's his alter ego, but we don't know the whole series that he is Tater.
Speaker 4: Goblin, and y'all are the one that was Goblin Tatters.
Speaker 2: That's right, bro, Yeah we were gobbled Taters. But you see the thing is then we met, we read tatter Goblin, and we joined forces because we're after the Tater Dragon. Okay, what like? And our Green Boys can't D and D can Oh yeah, shot, we got a shot.
Speaker 3: Out ours too, Yeah you do? What is it? Green Boys?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Green Boys is a comedy show. We do have a D and D campaign running right now, which is completely synchronistic because Melo also has one. Yeah, so watch both.
Speaker 3: Of them Squad twenty and Green Boys. Green Boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think wow, I think we hit everything magnificent about your life. Uh, you know what everything when I ask every question, every last Okay, I asked you this in the garag earlier, and you're like, I don't know. What's your favorite role that you've done. What's your favorite anime? Your favorite video game.
Speaker 3: I love that he remembers asking it but doesn't remember. I was like, it's like, I can't answer that question.
Speaker 2: Now I do remember that, but now on camera he's putting you on press.
Speaker 3: On camera often asked this question, Uh, I don't know if anyone is a Charlie and the chocolatectory fan, but like, no, how holy No, it's okay, listen.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: But in the seventies, I love this scene to where.
Speaker 4: You're talking about Willie Wonka.
Speaker 3: But there's a time where somebody actually they fake get the last golden tickets. So Charlie and Grandpa they're like, you know what, let's still use the dollar to get a chocolate bar just to enjoy, right, And they get the last golden ticket, and I feel like, you know, for me, I was I was going to go to law school. And be a real person, you know, like have a real job. But I enjoyed, you know, these voice acting jobs. I got to do a dr for early on in my career, like TV shows that were like Entourage, Gilmore Girls I got to work on. Now I'm trying to think what was the offshoot from Breaking Bad? Bettercall s All? You know, so there's different things. So this is like fun that you get to see these extraordinary actors and these projects. And I would do ADR, yeah, ADR, which is a post production sound so sometimes you have to replace a voice because they edited it and they didn't get the right line, and so you voice match or you know, you do what we call voice replacement, and so it's just technically amazing and cool. And I got to do anime and I just was so excited. So for me, I thought, I'm not obviously going to be a full time voice actor, because who's a full time voice actor? That's not real? Like that, don't dream too big, you know. But then I feel like I got unexpectedly like a golden ticket where I was allowed to just have this beautiful life where I do get to be a voice actor full time. And so you know, I played a lot of characters in the beginning who were kind of lost, who didn't know who they were. You know, Ren too, SoC is looking for the timeline where her dad's may be alive and she can be you know, you can be proud of her and Rose and Maiden. She's like this Victorian doll, but the makers of the dolls have set it up that you have to fight each other to meet your father. And but she just really wants a family. She wants her sisters and the father, you know. And I think there's all these themes that came up and of being troubled and being lost. Yuki Cross doesn't know who she is and she's abandoned, but she has this compassion for vampires and humans. And there was a lot of I didn't watch a lot of cartoons growing up, and so getting to be involved in that industry, getting to drive onto the Warner Brothers a lot and have a parking space and they feed you these cool cookies and like Warner Brothers craft service is pretty great, right, It just felt magical. And then for me to get to stay, you know, I was in this rough car accident and when I woke up, Uri Lo Andhal and Tara Platt were in the hospital. They visited me and Jason Charles Miller, who does music for like Critical Role and Final Fantasy, and the people from Bang Zoom that produced a lot of the animes that I'm in. The producers were there. So each time I would kind of wake up and come back into consciousness, I felt like Dorothy like and you were there, and you were there, and it was such a beautiful life that I thought, why am I trying to have a life less lived? I've won the lottery and so this was like twenty fourteen, twenty fifteen, and I'm you know, kind of rehabilitating learn how to walk. And when I thought I should maybe focus on that, I got Princess Sanda in Black Panther's Quest, you know, so I'm in the Marvel universe. It was Stanley's last TV show he worked on and then auditioned for guard A. And because everything's code named, you know, you don't know, and I thought, I'd really love to be in a triple A game, a Warner Brothers type game. And I got guard A and my agent said, you got it, and you know, gave me a script and it had another code name on Jade, but I'm looking through this three hundred page script looking for guard A because man, I'm I'm eat that up right, and I'm like on the last page and there was no guard A. And I called my agent and he's like, are you an idiot? Your jade? It says it right on this script, but like what, I'm sorry? What you know? So and then there was this what I thought was going to be small part not small, but a game that you know, might be. When I finally got to it, I thought, oh, it's going to be a titan Fall game. And I was excited because I know it's titan Fall is a great game. And they said, you know, we're actually not going to call it titan Fall anything. It's just going to be called Apex Legends, which to me, I was like, so nobody's going to know it's a titan Fall game, you know. And it was supposed to come out in September, and then they were like, well, we're actually gonna put out in January, and we're not going to do a campaign or anything, because I was like, when can I post? And like, we're not really going to advertise it at all. It's just we're gonna's apparently it's going to go out and if it catches great, which is usually code in Hollywood for we're shelving your game. It was really nice working with you. You know it turned out okay. For those of you that have heard of Apex Legends phenomenonic game, Yeah, you know. So when you're asking me what my favorite roles are, it's like I can honestly say rent to Soka Jade, Lifeline, Tiki from Miraculous Ladybug. So the that bring me like they've flown all over the world to meet people because of these roles, Like I have friends like little Mella who was just like eating by herself at the lunch room. It's the wrong sneakers, like the super off off off brand sneakers. I don't know what happened that I got to have this beautiful life where people are kind and accepting and.
Speaker 2: It's you're a hero to a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Well anyone listening to my voice that that is already a fan or maybe you're like, man, she does good corn tater voices. Have you fallen in love with me? Now you're part of like a life saving lifeline for me? Like, how could I just not want to live this life, you know, So hello thirteen year old Mela who decided to hang around it it became worth it. And I hope that somewhere in my life, in my extraordinary friendships, like dude, you could have a Ryan and a Nick and an Alex in your life, Like life gets good. Anybody's struggling right now. You know, there's a terror in the universe, and anything's possible.
Speaker 2: We paid her to say that. It's part of the budget to make our friends come.
Speaker 3: You're very sweet, thank you. I just hope that in this beautiful life that I have, that I maybe give somebody the impression that it's possible that their life could be even more beautiful, because man, I think we've all been to the death of dreams, is what I call it, where you're like, oh, nothing that you thought was going to happen is happening, and things end in unexpected ways, and it's a real bravery to believe past the edge of nothing.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I've been to the death of dreams, great point, and I'm just past the void. And I hope that the sound of my voice or laughter corn Fritters and friends, and you know, maybe twenty one orbs in the sky that hey, give the universe permission to surprise you in beautiful ways, in strange and beautiful ways.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a it's a beautiful important message. And I can already tell you for sure that you have given that that hope to people just sitting here and talking to us. Goofy dudes. You you the people listening. There are people out there that needed to hear all of that, all of it and every bit of it. Yeah, it's it's it's very important and I'm proud of you for sharing that and for persevering.
Speaker 3: Wow, thank you guys for being safe space. Oh yeah, you know, and fun and inspiring. Man, I'm such a fan of you guys, and what you're doing absolutely sweet.
Speaker 2: We're huge anime nerds and video game nerds, and I think you are definitely, I mean, one of the coolest people we've had on our show. I mean, I can't tell you how much we talk about voice acting and anime. I mean, it's it's like what we do, you know what I mean? So you coming on the show is kind of like a really cool blessing for us, and it opens the doorway for us to sort of carve our way into this industry and hear from people you know, like you who are in that world who maybe have open minded ideas or are having experiences or will having experiences. Because in my mind, it's like, now that you've talked about these things, you so bravely talked about your sightings, what you've experienced with and without me, but more or less what you've experienced. How many people at home that have been following you for years and are following your conventions are going through the tour of you know, seeing you here in Calgary, seeing you here in San Diego, seeing you here in Miami, And then they go and they hear this, and they're like, oh my god, I had no clue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: They thought you were just a voice on a cartoon. Now they're like learning this amazing spiritual depth to you. Just I just imagine what impact that will have on the people who already have looked up to you as a hero because they like your work, your art. You know, now you're opening a doorway into really helping people in a different way beyond art, but you know, in a really really deep way. So it's important that you're you know, being truthful about these things that are happening to you. I think that's why supernatural things happen to us, so that we can share and that it can move others well.
Speaker 3: And just so you know, like I mean, my crew, like Nicholas Roy is.
Speaker 2: A good friend of mine, shout out. He's a homie.
Speaker 3: And you know, we're we're seeing extraordinary things everywhere. And you know, I've shared this video with some people while I'm doing autographs and they're like, oh my gosh, thanks for sharing that. And people are hungry for hope.
Speaker 2: For truth, oh for truth, Yeah, for magic, And.
Speaker 3: I think there's an awakening happening. I don't know what everything is, but I just know that, man, I just want to be on the playground of this planet, imagining who and what we could be in a positive way. I know there's things going on that are rattling in us, but have they not ever? And as someone who made it through a landmine of a life, I know that there's another side, you know, to this battle, and part of it's just the joy of man sitting in a really cool environment like this, drinking water from a cup that says, let's have said.
Speaker 2: Soult sepately, that was funny on her D and D campaign. We don't tell those cups.
Speaker 3: But no, oh no, you guys, I mean, who's like the top benefactor on discord. Certainly I can sign this. And this grew out for the measly prize of one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: That's part of her D and D campaign. I don't want to give it away, but it's a funny joke from earlier soul Separately.
Speaker 3: Well, we created a character and we instantly wanted a plushy of this character in the D and D. So we kept narrating what we would want on this plushy into the story and then you could see our producer going, oh, are you going to afford that? So I'd be like soults you know.
Speaker 2: Campaign. It's great fun.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great, man, I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: You need a close up on this. And I'm just kidding. I just put the it's really should be in the store, guys.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, well, I mean you're inspiring me.
Speaker 3: People are thirsty for this LEDs.
Speaker 2: Right, I like having you around.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean I do know. I mean, if you guys are going to be doing some commercials. You might hear a very familiar voice.
Speaker 2: There's a collapse there that Yeah, that would actually be epic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I will sing on the Tater soundtracks please.
Speaker 4: It wouldn't be complete without you singing if.
Speaker 3: You do not make the Tater theme song and have me to be like yeah at the end, I'm.
Speaker 4: Just I'm just going to clip it out of this episode. I'm going to clip you saying.
Speaker 3: That yeah, yeah, yeah, I's gonna layer them.
Speaker 4: It'll be like a chorus of you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking. I'm thinking Meditator is the Tater goddess. Oh because of the type cast thing, it's the thing that makes sense.
Speaker 3: That's who you were like. I'll be like, They're like, we have a message from the Meditator Taters. I have a mission for you, if you will accept it. Nick Tator, what's the mission? I was like, what's your nickname? Because I know we have you Ryan Tats. Do you have a nickname? I can't remember.
Speaker 2: No, I don't really Agitator.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, that's a thousand percent like that.
Speaker 2: Do you accept your mission? I feel like it's a Japanese game.
Speaker 3: The world needs you, right, And then I could just see one of them where like she she falls and there's like all the packets are like, oh no, and then they're like are you dead? And I go, it's just ketch up.
Speaker 2: I see us send like a big plane. We have our sunglasses on, we grab our parachoes, dive out.
Speaker 4: This guy into like a Charlie's Angel thing and I love it.
Speaker 3: Charlie's Taters, Charlie Staters, Chuck Taters.
Speaker 2: We gotta save the dinner table, Ductators.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm gonna pass.
Speaker 2: Out, Chuck Tater. Isn't that the shoes that we wear?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my gosh, Chuck Taters, Spectators. But I mean, guys, honestly, before we say, you know, the thing that we have to say at the end of the episode, and you know mission, if you choose to accept it, is to create a theme song.
Speaker 4: Potato Team, I'm doing it.
Speaker 3: Digitator, Serve Tater, Meloitator believes in you.
Speaker 4: You're gonna say Melitator out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do. We cut Meloitator out the.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So you made a reference to the thing that we have to say, do you know it?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 2: You know I pluged your Instagram earlier. But before we before we roll out of here. Let's let's plug everything that you want to push.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, absolutely, I'm gonna be shameless. The Mela Lee on YouTube, Instagram, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Melo Lee dot com. You can sign up for my newsletter. I always give free giveaways for you voice acting classes. I have a new album coming out in the fall.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful, it's gorgeous. I've heard one song and I was like, I loved it.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I love it. But my whole life is because of you, and I'd love to stay in touch with you, guys. So and also Squad twenty six Sides of Gaming on YouTube. It's ridiculous. Blow it up in the best way.
Speaker 2: Blow up their D and D campaign. It's actually really awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we have season two where we're going to be filming in August. But blow everything up so everyone can have this plushy. You want this plush It comes with booties, a cape.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm in. I'm in. All you have to say, I'm in awesome.
Speaker 2: All right? Well you do know how we end it, right.
Speaker 3: I think so we say just you try guys.
Speaker 4: By guys, it's different. We are trying guff show. We are to try.
Speaker 2: Guys, there's three of us.
Speaker 3: Where do I look?
Speaker 2: Where you close your eyes? If you want?
Speaker 4: You ready?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Bye guys, guys, what up bomies.
Speaker 2: If you like the show and want more, check out Patreon dot com slash Bledsoe said so.
Speaker 4: This will get you exclusive weekly bonus shows and access to our Discord community with hundreds of open minded people just like you.
Speaker 2: If you want to represent the show, go to bledsosaid so dot com for merch. We have T shirts, hats, hoodies, and more.
Speaker 4: For all future updates, follow us on Instagram at Bledsoe said so, same time next week