Speaker 1: Eight o six, if you got Karsene talk Station a little festive music for a Friday, departing from our normal bumper music because obviously we got a German guy, at least one of those German guys. Mike Kaisli, welcome back to the fifty five Carsey Morning Show, my friends. Great to have you on today.
Speaker 2: Ah, Guten marken meiner freund. How are you today?
Speaker 1: The gay and zee Ikman. Uh, they're good. Filled with that.
Speaker 2: There you go, there you go.
Speaker 1: Yah, Yeah, they're good. We got a big mutlely Kite event coming up and apparently and Joe Strekker was clue me in. And I'll tell you what. If you want to find those German guys, just type in those German guys on Facebook, uh, spreading German culture, beer and food. Come for the beer, stay for the nuclear kite and of course online those German guys dot com so pulminary information that it's just they're all focused on German culture and having a great time. And that's what commuteley Kite really boils down to. BUTO just drekker footballs I slashed soccer, but just an amazing fan of the game. Of course, he's as German as he can get and he and his dad watch games religiously. They love a German the German club f C Bayern Munich, which is actually coming to town. And I understand that's a huge, huge thing. Mike is Joe Wrighten what he's told me about that?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's great. I mean Willie and I those German guys we were in Munich two years ago. We actually got to go to an FC Barron game in Yetting, so that was really cool. And you know, the fan club meets here. This is the tenth anniversary of the Over the Rune FC Baron Fan Club here in Cincinnati. Adam Jacobs is the president of that and with those German guys in FC Baron Fan Club, we were contacted by the FC Baron team to put on these Baron games. So we have that coming up on May tenth, and then FC Baron plays here next month in June. But on May tenth down at more Line Loggerhouse, that's where all these festivities take place. On May tenth, at eleven am, we have Cincinnati Overfront Volksmarch kicks it off. I don't know if you're familiar with the Volksmarch, but it's kind of a leisurely five k, non competitive walk. It's family friendly. It goes down along the river front downtown Cincinnati. You can bring your dog and walk and it's a great time. Then at twelve thirty out on the patio at Moreline, we're gonna have the FC Byron game on they play Moke and Glodbach, which is a small German town from north running Westphalia. Uh. And then at three to five as we have the FC Barren game.
Speaker 1: This is hilarious man, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh it is. So. As you know, we do have the Steinholding Championships here in Cincinnati for US Steinholding, so we're gonna do a steinholding round.
Speaker 1: Moss Krug Stemen, Yes, Moss drug Stemen very good.
Speaker 2: So if you imagine taking a leader of beer and extending your arm ount and holding it as long as you can and not drinking not well, nope, you're not gonna do a drop set. You'd be disqualified. So you know, there's some people that want to drink it and some people that want to do the steinholder. But you know, it's amazing to see these guys do that, like Ken Plannard, he's won the state championship four times, he goes for about eleven minutes. Oh my god, in Texas. Yeah, get this, Brian. There's guys in Texas can actually take a leader of beer and hold it out for twenty eight minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh my word. That is amazing to me. I don't think I could do it for a minute.
Speaker 2: But then again, it's it's tough, right, Yeah, I'm with you. I'd rather drink it than hold it. Yeah, I'll lead that to them and I'll just sit there and drink my beer and watch them do that.
Speaker 1: All right, And then we have a bomb stom bomb stam nigga.
Speaker 2: Yes, So we have a it's a variation of the Hommer slogging game. So basically what you do is you take a you have a stump of wood, and then you have an Each competitor has a nail and you try to drive the competitors nail into the stuff to knock them out.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute, you got a hammer in your hand and you're hitting your competitors nail. Correct, So it's it's who can hammer who can hammer it? In? Quicker?
Speaker 2: Is that? Is that not the other person that? Well, they get one chance to it goes around the table, who ever nail goes in person. Then it continues on.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, So if it was in the unlikely event you had the perfect uh swing of the hammer and you nailed it right into the wood, you would win immediately. But I guess the way it works. Does it ever happen that way? Yeah? Okay, it's like ringing the bell at the carnival with the with the weight and the giant sledge hammer, except you're using a regular size hammer and you've got an ear. Okay, that makes sense to me now, all right? Now moving over beard decko fongan. And for my listeners, no, I don't remember much German beyond uh a schwartzbaugh a kearstortan. Other than that, I've forgotten it all since since college. So i'm actually reading it, but I could read the English version, but I'm having fun going back in time and pronouncing German. So beer deckl fongen. What's this one all about?
Speaker 2: So? A beer deckle is just like a coaster. You've seen the little cardboard coasters that you get, Oh yeah, beer okay, okay, so that's what it is. So this is the last event, and this is a way for the teams that are in last place can come back and take over first place. So what you do on that is you take the beer deckals and you put them at the edge of the table, put your hand underneath it, and then flip them up in the ear and you have to catch it. Now, if you're eight points down and you can flip eight beer deckals and catch them all, you got to catch them all, then you would get eight points. So if you're down fifteen points or ten points or however long, you can actually come back and win at the very end with the beer deckal flip.
Speaker 1: Okay, and these are this is a team event, right, how many people on a team? And can my listeners sign up for this? I got I got three friends. I want to do this. I want to participate in this is can can they still do that?
Speaker 2: They can't? If they can go to those German guys and send us a message. If we have open spots left on some of the teams, I would be more than willing to let them come down and participate. That would be a good way to get the audience involved.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, but otherwise this is open to the public spectator sport. Correct, Yes, all right, it should be a lot of fun and the opportunity to drink beer and hang out with the German folks, which would be good time and watch the game.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and ahead, go ahead, I was gonna say. On is the official sponsors FC Bearn and we will have Pulaner beer on tap at Moreline Logger House for both of these events on May tenth and then the thirteenth or the fifteenth when the game is at TQL Stadium as well. And one other thing I wanted to mention is the actual official location for the FC Baron Fan Club is our dear friend Peter Schuster down at Canteen of beer Garten and Eatery. So the FC Baron Fan Club meets there on game days. Actually, there's a game tomorrow morning, so if your listeners would like to head over there to Cantina beer Garten, sc Baron plays Lifstig at nine thirty a m.
Speaker 1: Cantina. Now, Joe Strecker just yelled in my Headseid that that is a great place to eat.
Speaker 2: Oh it is. It's fantastic. Peter, you know, he makes everything from scratch. It's German food from scratch. He's got a great beer selection and at the FC Baron fan club meets there on game days.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a good time now, and I mentioned I Joe is so enthusiastic about having FC Byron show up and actually play a game June fifteenth, He said, the tickets, the cheapest tickets, like one hundred and seventy bucks. Are there still tickets for that game available?
Speaker 2: There are? I looked last night. I figured you would ask me that, so I did. Look. There are some tickets available. You can go to tql's website and just type in that there are regular tickets available, and then there are some that are also you know, resale tickets that you're going to pay a premium for, but there are general admission tickets still available.
Speaker 1: Now, this is this is a World Cup game, right I just I just I said, are they? Are they playing SC Cincinnati? But that would be like the Cincinnati Bengals playing a high school team. But this is a World Cup match being played here in the city Cincinnati. That that's kind of a huge score for TQL Stadium, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, it's great. Yeah. I mean, you know, to have SC Baron come here, which is like, you know, one of the you know in soccer, that's like one of the you know, most famous you know soccer uh teams around. So yeah, yeah, and them come here. It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Wow, that sounds like a good The whole thing sounds like a good time.
Speaker 2: So uh.
Speaker 1: The the main tenth is the more line Lockerhouse game. So the game again you said, starts at noon.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, The game is a twelve thirty that we will have on the patio TV outside whether permitting.
Speaker 1: If not, to get inside, all right, so drinking until three o'clock. Yeah, and then with a healthy glow on you you can then you witness the more lined Lockerhouse. Uh uh, those German guys Byron games and hit some nails and hold some beer steins and cheer the folks on. And it just sounds like a really festive event and enjoying some gumutuli kite. Mike, I tell you what, it's been fun having on the program, Mike. I know you're gonna have a great time at this at this May tenth event. And of course when Byron comes into town to play in TQL Stadium, I think that's a that's a great score. And congratulation to whoever's behind getting them in town to do that. Obviously, we've got a real strong affiliation with the German community here in the Cincinnati area, and uh, I'm I'm appreciative it. But even though I'm not German myself, I sure feel German quite often thanks to you, Mike and other people like those German guys and the various German clubs around town, so you know how to have a good time.
Speaker 2: Definitely, I appreciate you having me on as a way to talk about all the fun in themglo kites as German guys they have going on. So prost and tnkishen v Gates.
Speaker 1: Have a wonderful day, my friend, and thanks again for what you do keeping smile on people's faces. Find them online, go to Facebook, those German Guys dot com or those are those German guys or those German guys got dot com. It's a sixteen folks, stick around, get a little bit to talk about. We're gonna get to Lisa Skinner with her book Truth Lies and Alzheimer's Its Secret Faces at the bottom of the hour. Feel free to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk or hit pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Maybe you got something you want to talk about. I'd love to hear from you. I'll be right back fifty five car. The talk station best are