Speaker 1: You are listening to The Secret Teachings Radio. I'm your host, Ryan Cable. Ioul you'd like to reach out to the show tonight, can email TST Radio at ProtonMail dot com, and as always, find the show online by searching www dot Secret Teachings dot info. All of our past episodes, social media links and my books available on the website www dot The Secret Teachings dot info. If you missed any episode of the show, it is all the all the episodes going back many years, including some years that were never uploaded from a very long time ago that I've recently uploaded as best of episodes. Check back regularly because it is updated every single day with either the Monday through Friday show or with best ofs from the past or both. Thank you so much for tuning into the broadcast tonight. This week a series of one hour shows because I am in the process of traveling back to the United States and I don't have a lot of time, but I do want to produce a show for the slot on ground zero dot Radio, Aftermath dot Media, and for of course, are archive. Tonight's episode is going to be very very interesting, something you've maybe never heard before, but something you will learn about on the show, and you will learn about if you watch a documentary that just came out that we're going to talk about. Our guest tonight is a good friend of mine who has been on the show many times, and he is back with another documentary that he has worked tirelessly on. You may remember his documentary jfk X. I think this documentary is no offense to that documentary, not only better, but I think it is more thought provoking in regard to what it addresses. The documentary is called a Clockwork Shining. Kubrick's odyssey probably one of the most even without this documentary and without the work of Ryder Lee, our guest, or Jay Widner, who is featured in the documentary, The Shining is one of those movies that I think is probably maybe the most controversial, the most talked about, the most discussed, the most theorized movie in Hollywood history. It's definitely in the top three of any discussion on the subject. I went to film school and we discussed all of Kubrick's work, but especially The Shining. People had a lot of theories on what it actually meant. It's in a lot of ways vastly different than the book that came out in the nineteen seventies. Nineteen seventy seven, I believe was the year. And I mean, this movie is what forty something years old. This movie came out in the early eighties, and it is talk about good filmmaking. After all these years, it's still being talked about and discussed and debated, esper what it actually meant and what it actually represented. A lot of people thought it was about ghosts and psychological horror movie. It might just be a different kind of psychology. It might just be a different kind of horror. We're here now with Ryder Lee, who went and at and put this documentary together. I know that I talked to him during the editing process and it was a lot of time, a lot of sweat, a lot of blood, a lot of tears, a lot of no sleep. Writer, thanks for coming on the show your opening comments, please, and then tell us about this new documentary where people can watch it and certainly when they do watch it, what they should be looking for because it's not what you think.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for having me on, Ryan, I really appreciate it. It's always an honor and a privilege to be on your show. Yeah, this documentary is on Amazon Prime Video right now, and it is currently up in the United States and in the UK, so not in Canada or some other countries, but for sure in the United States in the UK. So if you're not in the United States or not in the UK, I'm sorry about that, but we will be getting it up on Vimeo here soon and you'll be able to watch it all over the world. But yeah, so the document we thought that it I wasn't going to be out for a while. We thought that was going to take like three or four months to actually get released from the time that we submitted it, and it came out in a little over three weeks, so I was very excited. An interesting thing about it was the night before it got released, I had this dream that it got released, and then the dream I like opened up the Amazon app and like I was checking and then I saw it there, and then I woke up from that dream, immediately turned over, opened my phone up and it was there. A lot of weird, strange things with dreams surrounding this movie, especially surrounding The Shining in general, And when I would watch The Shining, I would have like some of the most wild dreams ever, like straight up like nightmares, Like not if I watched it during the day, but if I watched it before I went to sleep, like I would have like really strange, weird dreams. There's something subliminally going on within the movie The Shining, and I think that we really disclosed that in our documentary. And it's not just the documentary about The Shining and Stanley Kubrick, which that is a bulk of it. It's also a documentary about the movie industry in general, the music industry, the intelligence communities, infiltration into those industries.
Speaker 1: And which it's already well documented even outside of your movie. That infiltration, infiltration is well documented in other books, other researchers, other films. It's not just something that you guys came up with. It's something that's already pretty well documented.
Speaker 2: Yes, but it ties into what Stanley Kubrick in that time. I'm in that era of movies and like the film industry and the music industry and how they are ultimately connected in Laurel Canyon and Lookout Mountain and all the things that were going on in Hollywood in the sixties really plays a key role in later what's happening later on and actually happening right now. We're actually feeling the side effects from the counterculture movement to this very day. There's still remnants of that that is still happening right now as we're talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's what makes it unique. That's my point of what I'm getting at. That's what makes the documentary unique. And in terms of how you guys use that information that is well documented to take a look at Kubrick's film The Shining again and apply it so that we get a different interpretation. Which, frankly, when you first told me that, like I knew what you were saying and what you were talking about, I hadn't given it much thought. I'm not really a horror movie person anyway. I'm not really a big Stephen King fan. I've seen The Shining before. It is controversial, it's debated. We talked about it in film school, but I've only watched it maybe like once or twice throughout my life, and I don't really know much anything else about accept the theories. But then when I watched the documentary and the way you pieced it together, I was thinking, oh, oh, oh, that okay, that makes a lot more sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the I'm with you on the shining.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: To be honest, the first time that I watched it, I did not like the movie. I just didn't like it. I didn't understand what the hooplaw was about. I didn't understand what people why were they were so hyped around this movie and why it's had this long lasting impact. And I'd seen it a really long time ago, watched it once, so I was like, this is garbage. I don't like it. And that's just my honest analysis of it. Like when I first watched it, I did not like it. I thought I was boring. I didn't think anything was happening. Like they're calling this the greatest horror movie in the world, like the greatest horror movie ever made. It, Like, I don't understand that there's nothing horror about this movie. There's literally nothing that really happens in the entire movie besides the last twenty minutes. But the last thirty minutes of the movie, things actually start happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it wasn't until yeah, yeah, like the Terrifier.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's definitely not like The Terrifier where it's all gore and violence and blood and it wasn't until I actually sat down and watched it because I was actually bringing Jay Wider on my show. And he had made two films prior to Stanley Kubrick, which was A Kubrick's Odyssey one in A Cubric's Odyssey two where he posits that Cubic was responsible for faking the moon landing, which he started that theory, and he doesn't get enough credit for it because he he did it, he created it, and people share that and talk about it like they didn't know where it came from. You know. It's like one of those things where you know you something and then people never really give you, you know, credit for coming up with that. But that's an important issue and an important topic. But that's not what our film A Clockwork Shining is about. That you can get on Amazon Prime right now. It's it's a different take on that, though we do mention the moon landing a little bit referencing his other films. But and I do think that it may have been plausible that something was going on with the moon landing because right in the middle of when we were going to the moon, supposedly, you know, launching a rocket to the moon. Stanley Kubrick was filming two thousand and one A Space Odyssey, So it's highly possible that they shot the moon landing while they were shooting two thousand and one A Space Odyssey and then use that extra footage and the actors were told that it was supposed to be a part of the movie. Because that's the thing that people people can't really wrap their head around when it comes to the moonlanding. They're like, oh, well, it can't be fake. There would have to be too many people in on it. Too many people would have to know about it. And that's something he's saying that we didn't actually go to the moon. I'm just saying that the footage was fake. I mean, there's so many holes that you can poke in that footage that it's like unbelievable. The photographs that were taking there, and then all of a sudden they lose all the footage and they lose the original photographs, and then they lose the technology to go back to the moon.
Speaker 1: That's like saying the White House is real. I've been to the White House, but a lot of videos and pictures of Joe Biden, especially when he was receiving his you know, medicine a couple of years ago. They did that, according to Newsweek, at a fake white House, So like the White House is real, but a lot of photos and videos of the Oval Office are actually from a fake Oval Office. Kind of the same thing. Moonlanding can be real, but photos and videos might not have been real.
Speaker 2: And that's really how you would do it. You would have this gigantic film production going on with two thousand and one of Space Odyssey with Stanley Kubrick. That is this high budget film that uses all the special effects and you know, technology that really hadn't been using any other kind of films to create this landscape of people. Then you have these actors in there, and then Cubriic just tells them that it's a part of the movie, and all along they don't know that it's not really going to be in the movie or not a part of the movie. And then he takes those clips that he took from two thousand and one of Space Odyssey, them not knowing he didn't put it in the film, and then they just broadcast that to everybody saying that it was the moon landing. I mean, it's highly possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard that theory for years. That was one of maybe even the first conspiracies that I was I was ever conversing with people about, was about the moon landing and Stanley Kubrick. I wonder I don't remember the name of it, but I wonder if you could help help me out here and inform the listeners about. In the film that you've made, there's a document that Jay brings up pertaining to Kubrick and the US government that he sort of refers to as the smoking gun that that might have been evidence of Kubrick working with the government for this or that. Can you tell us about that? Do you know much about that document?
Speaker 2: Yes, that is a document that was that we have that lays out for different for different popular film directors, including Stanley Kubrick, as the most plausible for the government to look into for a project. Now, the project in the document isn't like they don't give you an outline of what the project is. It's just that they're looking into these filmmakers for projects in the future to work for the government. And that's how we tie in a lot of the Lookout Mountain stuff and in Laurel Canyon and how Lookout Mountain was on top of was an Air Force military base on top of Laurel Canyon that a lot of films were made there, and it's highly documented that you can just you know, google Lookout Mountain and you can actually get on YouTube and type in Lookout Mountain and you can find.
Speaker 1: News reports and pictures and videos in your documentary just mainline stuff that's been around forever about Lookout Mountain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's still people don't really know exactly what was happening there or what was going on because a lot of it's still classified. There was several movies and and several things that was shot. Now they on records they say that it was, you know, for military purposes, but you're very close to Hollywood. Why would you not do some kind of Hollywood productions and big time actors. Ronald Reagan was had top secret security clearance for this place, you know, James Stewart like all these well, Marilyn Monroe all had like top secret clearance to Lookout Mountain military base. So, and then there was actually a hotel that was there before the military base came in that looks strikingly similar to the exterior of the Overlook Hotel in Stanley Kubrick's The Shining and it Burnt Down, and which is an interesting fact that we actually didn't put in the movie that I'm I'm pretty sure that at the end of Stephen King's book Doctor Sleep, which is the sequel to The Shining, the Overlook burns down.
Speaker 1: We don't know for sure what the program was the project that the military that the government, the government more so maybe than the military, was attempting to recruit directors for, but we know that Kubrick was one of the directors, and that sort of ties in and maybe gives a little bit of encouragement to the theory that it had something to do with the moon landing. We don't know if that's the case, but we do know that the government was looking to contract Kubrick for something that was very i would say, maybe not literally but perhaps non technically top secret, which is already suspicious considering the type of things that Kubrick was doing and his films, which most of them are pretty revolutionary and bizarre concepts and really far out there, and then looking at what was happening on Lookout Mountain with the military making films and videos, and we know, going back to World War two, that there was obviously a lot of military involvement in making propaganda films, war films which made it into Hollywood as well, but also with what you and I have discussed many times on the show in the fifties with the UFO subject, But the military was looking to utilize the UFO narrative that was developing out of the late forties, largely things in Europe, but also in the US to spread dis and misinformation about the subject of flying saucers as well. So there's a long history of that, and then there's certainly evidence that Kubrick was being looked at to work on some secret project. There are a lot of pieces. As you look at this documentary that you made, and I'm speaking more so to the listeners of course, writer, a lot of people watch this documentary, like myself. I saw a screener of it. I was lucky that you sent me that I could watch a screener of it, and as it was I'm watching it, I just want to give you props for the editing as it builds and builds and builds, and as I said, it's like, oh that's interesting, Oh that's really interesting. Oh all that makes a lot more sense. Oh wow, Okay, this is really good. There's something, There's something, There is something else going on here. I don't think that this is about Stephen King's book. I think this is about something else, especially because I think you put this in the documentary. Wasn't Kubrick rewriting the script kind of in a real time And I don't mean like changing things seen by scene, which is I mean, I went to film school. We normally did that change a little dialogue. This word sounds better. I mean he was like rewriting entire scenes during production, which is just not very common from what I understand in the movie business.
Speaker 2: No, it only makes sense that he was doing that because he needed to put things he wanted to rewrite The Shining in his vision, and he couldn't give his vision to Warner Brothers because he had just come off a Barry Linden, which Barry Linden was not a successful film. It was one of Kubrick's worst films. It was a disaster at the box office and it was critically smashed. So he kind of had to play ball with Warner Brothers on getting The Shining. So what repausit in the film is that Warner Brothers kind of came to Stanley Kubrick and was like, here, let's we'll give you the shining. We had the success with the A list director with another horror movie, which was The Extorcist, which was directed by William Freaking, and that was a huge smash success. So let's try and get another horror type movie made with another A list director, and we'll get Stanley Kubrick to make this movie. And what reposited that kind of happened was that Kubrick handed in a script to Warner Brothers that he knew that they would accept that was more in line with Stephen King's book than while they were shooting it, Stanley Kubrick was rewriting the entire script day of in this we talked about it in the documentary, and it's shown that Jack Nicholson was so frustrated with Kubrick rewriting the script every single day that he didn't study any of the lines because they would just change and that really quickly. The is a US Information Agency from the document that we were talking about previously, and another thing that's really interesting is that up a lookout mountain the military base, a lot of the footage that we see of like nuclear bomb testing, you know, like the the footage that we got back in the day where a nuclear bomb would come and it would explode and they would have like a house there and like some cars and a building or something, and then it would just demolish and destroy the entire building and then the landscape and all that all that was filmed. I'd look Out mountain on miniature.
Speaker 1: Sets, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yes, they would just do a miniature set and then they would have the explosion and they make it look like that it was all like real that they were actually dropping them in like Nevada at like a test site, but it wasn't. It was filmed that Lookout mountain in Laurel Canyon.
Speaker 1: That's a canyon that's not disputed. That's like official history. Yeah, I mean those particular scenes that those those were filmed at a in a micro sense, little models.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's how a lot of movies were done back in the day because they couldn't afford to just you know, do that kind of stuff. So I mean, and that's another thing is like I think it was brought up on Joe Rogan or something where they were like what happened to the camera. How's the camera still going? This big, huge blast comes in and it doesn't melt or destroy the camera. And that's another thing about the moon landing as well, Like people don't realize how how big were cameras in nineteen sixty nine. My dad had a a VHS recorder. I'm sure you remember the big, like huge, bulky, freaking things that you had to sit on your shoulder. That, yeah, your arm to be dying in like ten minutes because you had to hold this thing up and look through a freaking viewfinder that is like this big to even know what you're shooting. You're telling me that they lugged these giant ass video cameras up in a rocket to the moon. How would they even be able to see How would they even know that anything is in frame at all? They can look through a viewfinder with a space helmet on, like even you couldn't center anything up. And then when you look at how the the return shuttles lift up off of the Moon, it's the most ridiculously fake thing that you've ever seen in your life.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, it's not as fake as the Indians going to the Moon. When the Indians went a couple of years looking like Tetris. That was Tetris, that was Atari, that was like nineteen seventies game.
Speaker 2: No, that was so bad, didn't We launched a something to the moon recently though, where it landed and it fell over, so we couldn't get any of the footage, right. I think a private a private company launched something to the moon, like I don't know, six or seven months ago or something. It was like right around the time that India launched THEIRS. But we launched one soon after as by like a private US company, and when it landed, it tipped over so and it destroyed all the footage or any of the pictures that we could have got from it.
Speaker 1: I think that there's a lot of both misconceptions and confusion and then also utilizing those misconceptions to intentionally lead people as well. Within within like astronomy, like I can look up in the sky. We can see lights in the sky. The ancients called them eyes in the heavens, the realm beyond the planets, And if I look up, I can see that, you know, I can define that as real as real as it can be. It's something I can see, I can perceive But then if I take if I take a Google search engine and I type in you know, Mars or Jupiter or stars, I'm going to maybe get some photographs people have taken, but usually i'll get admittedly computer generated images of what planets or stars look like. It doesn't necessarily mean that the people that are generating those images, whether for NASA, some university, or whatever it might be, doesn't necessarily mean that they're doing that to lie to us. It's just a conception of what it might look like. But people can use those images to lie to people, to mislead people, and those images can be generated to lie to people and to mislead people. I don't necessarily think it's all a conspiracy. I think a lot of times it's just a misconception. Not reading underneath of the image where it specifically, you know, lists where this photo was or where this image was generated, and what it's supposed to be an image of. It's like this is an artist's renditioning, like a blueprint for a building, right, it's not the real building, it's just a blueprint. Just to clarify, I just have a thought on that. I want to clarify that I don't think it's always a conspiracy. A lot of times, I think it's just misconceptions of what we're actually looking at. But still in relation to the camera and the moon, that is. I think that's a very good point, and those weird things like you can do so many weird things with cameras. I remember looking at Et the famous scene where ET's walking around for Halloween. All that is was like a camera, a bot, like a camera box for the lens, and they just put like a sheet over the camera and then they just move the camera around like Et walking. You can do so much with a camera. A little trick here, a little trick there. It's like audio, right, you want to get the sound of rain, you just fry some bacon on the stove. If you go record actual rain, it doesn't sound like actual rain. That's why they call it movie magic. You can do a lot with a camera, and you can do a lot with a microphone, and what you think it is it might not actually be that. And what you don't think it is, it might actually be that. It's a very very magical thing, which is again why we call it movie magic. That's why we call it the television, we call it programming. We call it broadcasting and so on and so forth. But anyway, back to your documentary. We're at the halfway point of the show, so please let people know the name of it and where they can watch it, and let's get back into Kubrick and some of the theories and what the documentary actually explores. Writerer Lye as our guest, this is the secret teachings. I'm Ryan Gable writer.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, you can watch a Clockwork Shining on Amazon Prime Video now, and I highly recommend it if you're not even even if you don't like the Shininger, you don't like Stanley Kubrick, there's so much stuff in there that will pique your interest and I couldn't recommend it more in you know, supporting independent filmmakers is where it's at because Hollywood is basically dead. They're putting on nothing but garbage. So please support my work and independent filmmakers as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how much is it?
Speaker 2: It's a nine to rent in ten ninety nine to buy, And you don't have to take my word for it. You're gonna want to watch it again. You can take Ryan's word for it because I sent it to him over a month ago and I'm pretty sure if you just rent it, you're gonna you're gonna want to watch it again. So I would highly recommend just purchasing it. And that's not me trying to make more money or whatever. I'm just telling you that's the way that it's going to be. You're gonna watch it and you're gonna miss some things, and you're gonna want to go back and see it again. So it's, uh, it would be you're.
Speaker 1: Just a it's a long film. It's not like an hour or ninety minutes. It's about two hours or so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it clocks in at around an hour and fifty minutes. It's a long, longer form documentary. So it's in my opinion not just the person that Well, let me let me ask you, Ryan, do you think that it's worth nine ninety nine to buy and own and watch?
Speaker 1: Well consider, and I've spent twenty twenty five dollars on a movie before. Yeah, I think I think ten dollars is pretty fair, especially for independent filmmaking. And it's not like you filmed this thing on a cell phone. It's all grainy. It's like a it's a really good documentary. It looks like something I would like a normal documentary. Like there's things that I've seen on Netflix before. I'll click on them and watch them and it's like really bad production, really bad film work, like camera work, really bad editing. This is really good, Like I if I didn't know you made this, I would think it was some big production company that made It's it's really good, is the bottom line.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I really appreciate that's a that's a really big compliment. Makes me happy. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're welcome. And I again, I went to film school, so I like, I studied this stuff and it looks it looks really really good. And when I watched it, you sent me screener and I watched it. I to coroborate what you said about the Shining itself, about Kubrick's movie. I had watched it so long ago, I didn't remember parts of it, but you have all these clips in the documentary. And I went to bed that night. I watched the whole thing before bed, and I had horrible dreams, I mean like nightmares. And I woke up and I hadn't and I went back to sleep. I had another dream and I woke up and went back I woke up three or four times, and I had horrible dreams all night and I told you that, and you said, well, you know, I did too when I watched The Shining. I think that's a pretty common thing. People watch The Shining and have those really bad dreams. So there is something in it. And even just using clips of it in your movie, it has that profound unconscious effect. So there's there. It's more than just about Stephen King. It clearly is about something as something else. It's not just about psychological horror in the way that it's kind of marketed. It's a different kind of psychological work.
Speaker 2: And you're not the only one either. I just found out yesterday because I did a show with Jay Wiener on the release of the movie. We did one on his channel, and he said that he did a little screener at his house. He invited five people over and they watched it, and he called them up like two or three days later, and they were like shocked. One thing that they said that was like, you know, I can't believe that I've been, you know, lied to about all this because we have so many different topics in there, but they all meshed together in a really grand way. I personally believe, but they were like, one, I can't believe that I've been you know, basically psyoped by the military and industrial complex and the CIA and these intelligence communities in the music industry from the sixties. Like that whole thing is like a giant lie. All these people that we thought were you know, good people and were a part of the counterculture and rebellious people were a part of the op Like, it's crazy, and I don't want to give too much away because it's a really integral part of the documentary, but really, when you look into all these bands and all the people, and Mark Devlin talks about this in the documentary, they're all they all have ties to the military and the military industrial complex and these intelligence communities, and that is a big reason why that they just didn't care. They just kind of did whatever they wanted to do because they knew that they were never really going to get into any kind of big trouble, especially when it comes to like Jim Morrison of The Doors, he was just out doing whatever he wanted to do. He was you know, naked on stage, flashing people in stage, drunk on stage. Do you know all the things that he was doing and yeah, he got arrested a couple of times, but he was always let out almost immediately. But the reason that he was doing those things is because his dad was a high ranking military officer.
Speaker 1: His dad was the admiral, right that staged or helped the stage and concoct the story of the Gulf of Tonkin incident.
Speaker 2: Which got us into the Vietnam War and killed thousands of people.
Speaker 1: And if it just stopped there, that would be maybe coincidental. But then you've got all these other names. You got Zappa. Zappa's father worked military biological weapons. I believe Dave McGowan broke all this down. Mark Devlin, who you have in the film, I thought he was one of the best parts of the film. I mean he that guy is articulate. I mean he just gave you a bullet point history off the top of his head. Boom boom boom boom, boom boom boom. That really tied the documentary together very well. It's not like that they weren't fighting the man. They were the sons and the daughters of the many. Look at it that way.
Speaker 2: That's right. Bob Marley's father a navel military.
Speaker 1: Did I learned that in the film. I did not know that until I watched your film. Did not know that his dad was also part of that.
Speaker 2: And the and Sharon Tates dad was also a high ranking military which was such a wild thing that because the intelligence community basically created the counterculture and then they also destroyed the counterculture. So they brought this monster up, you know, from the depths, right, and then they squashed the monster with the Manson Tate murders. Like it was just a pretty much over the sixties was over after those murders, and it's just wild. There was a lot of other things that I really wanted to add in there that but they just didn't fit with what we were trying to convey in the documentary. Other things that Mark said in the in the movie that I have access to, but one, I didn't want to make it a three hour long documentary, and I also wanted to tie other things in there. And that's another thing about, you know, being a filmmaker and being an editor, you got to know when to like cut certain things and let certain things go because it just doesn't there has to be a good flow, and if there's not a flow and things don't make sense, like that that's the most important thing when it because making this long of a documentary, I've watched it so many times, like hundreds of times, over and over again, and if it doesn't make sense to the person that made it, then it's not going to make sense to the audience, like the people that it's going to be watching it. So that's a very important key thing and filmmaking is that it has to make sense to you and things have to connect. But I like what you said earlier is in the way that it's like a it's an intelligent movie that things are set up before and then there's a payoff later on, and you kind of have to connect two and two together on your own with some of the stuff that's in the movie.
Speaker 1: What I told you on the phone when we talked about it. Yeah, but it's just that it was I said it it was kind of like my radio show in the sense that it's long form, and we start out with an idea or a lot of ideas, and we kind of talk about them, what they might mean, or what the theories are the idea, and then you put all together and then you start to build on it and build on it, and you get to the halfway point, and you're thinking, what does this have, what does any of this mean? What does this have to do with anything else? I thought this was about whatever the show title was, and then you get further into it, and then by the end of the you're like, all this all makes sense in context. That is the impression I got from it. Like the halfway point, I knew what you were saying, I know what, knew what the film was saying and suggesting, but I was thinking, like, why is this interview here and what And as it went on, I realized, Oh, that this makes a lot more sense now. So it's one of those films that you need to watch and really pay attention through the entire thing, and by the end you'll have a moment of oh, this makes a lot of sense. I think that's what The Shining was all about.
Speaker 2: And I think that because I've sent it to a few people. You were one of the first people that I sent it to. So it's it's incredible that I'm on your show talking about it. You're my first person that I've talked about it with other than Jay Winer, but he doesn't really count because he's in the movie. But somebody that's separate from the actual movie. I've sent it to a few other people that have watched it, and they're like, like, once you start in on it, it's hard to not finish it.
Speaker 1: Was that your experience too, Yes, if you're interviewing me now, yes, that was definitely a nice experience. No, No, it definitely was. In fact, I think that was the first thing I told you was that I it was late and I was I was debating if I should go to bed, and I thought, now I'll watch a little bit of it and I'll watch the rest in the morning. And then I got to it was like midnight here in Japan. I was thinking, no, you know, I got to finish watching this thing. I can't stop. It was hard, Honestly, it was hard or for me to even push pause to go to the bathroom. Like I was really really into it.
Speaker 2: And that means a lot to me because that's what I was trying to really do and it's it was kind of I didn't really know how that if it was going to be like that or not, because it's such a long movie that I was kind of worried there for a minute. I was like, how am I going to keep these people's attention for this long amount of time, and I'm glad that I've successfully, you know, pulled that off. So that's a really big compliment.
Speaker 1: Thank you. You're welcome. Writer. Let me ask you a serious question. I mean, it kind of sounds like a joke, but it's a serious question. Let's just do this on my show. Let me ask you this on my show, so then if anybody else asks you, you can just defer the secret teachings. So if someone's going to watch this and then have bad dreams and say Rider Lee and Jay put subliminals in their movie to give me bad dreams, I'm sure someone is going to ask you that at some point, could you respond to that.
Speaker 2: I did not put anything subliminally in there. There isn't anything coded in the movie. There's not any frequencies like supposedly there is in that movie that a Barack Obama movie that we did a show on what was the name of that movie where they said they're supposed to have the yell yell f frequencies in it, the super low harmonic frequencies. Do you remember that movie? Leave the World Behind? Leave the Rod Behind was the name of that Enough that.
Speaker 1: I thought it was just Obama was a producer. I didn't know that there were frequencies in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people did an analysis of it and broke down the different audio layers, and they found that there was a yell frequency within the within the movie.
Speaker 1: Well, if we talked about it, that must have my brain must have been fried from the waves and I don't remember.
Speaker 2: But there's nothing subliminally in there. But there is a lot of heart and passion and determination from me as a filmmaker. This was my passion project and it took me a really long time. I worked on it endlessly all day, all night, from the moment that I woke up would I would go to work on it, then go to sleep, then dream about it, then wake up and keep working on it until I was ready to go to sleep. I mean, I can't put it down. I'm one of these people that I don't stop doing something until it's complete, you know, and it's the only thing that I can think about. Like, there would literally be times that I would be kind of stuck on a part or something and then like I would you know, end up going to sleep, and then I would dream about how to fix that part, and then I would wake up and fix the part.
Speaker 1: It's consuming every level of your your mind and your being. But when you watch the Shining itself without the movie, you watch the Shining itself, not your documentary. People, you and other people have really bad dreams when watching that. If there's anything subliminal, it's in the Shining movie itself, right, that's right, Yeah, it's not. But you also said when you watch it during the day, you don't necessarily have those dreams at night, so that that could contribute to it. I mean, I watched your documentary which has clips of the Shining, but I watched it at like eleven o'clock. It's like eleven to one o'clock in the morning, and I was already exhausted, and then I went to bed after watching it. And that's a recipe for horrible nightmares already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has nothing to do with our movie. In the movie that I made, A Clockwork Shining, it has everything to do with Stanley Kubricks movie. And I think that it has something to do with the the visuals of the Shining, because that's the only reason that you would get it. And if you were to watch our movie A Clockwork Shining, is from the visuals because the music is mostly removed. There's really no music from Stanley Kubrick's The Shining in our movie. It's just visual representation and of course the music that I've added in there and that I've put in there, and the sound effects and stuff. But that's just normal, like music that I've listened to that I feel fits what's being talked about. There's no there's nothing like all I'm gonna put this, put this frequency in here to make people, you know, get freaked out or pay attention more, not pay attention more. It's just it's just hard work and putting things in there that I think as a filmmaker is best suited for what's being talked about at that time and how the flow of the documentary.
Speaker 1: So no frequencies, no elf waves, didn't work with the Obamas, no mk ultra, which is now a verb. People say I was mk ultrad. I guess that's a verb. Now. None of that's in the film. Just a lot of hard work. But if you get any of that, it's probably because you watch it late at night you go to sleep. It could be because you watch a film like this and if you don't know about the music industry or the film industry, the military's involvement, which is we learned that in film school the Pentagon still reviews scripts like for the for example, for transformers to use aircraft carriers for shots in the movie, things like that helicopters, military bases. But if you don't know any of that stuff, your sense of reality might be shaken and you don't feel safe anymore. Then you go into a dream like state and you're unconscious on loads and you get all of these horrible images because you realize, I can't trust the military, I can't trust the government. I can't trust my favorite celebrity. I like Jim Morrison, he was working for the million. You might have that kind of unconscious reaction that might contribute to it too. I wanted to ask you. One of the more I don't know if it's mundane, but just kind of random, sort of mundane things in the film that doesn't make any sense is that Kubrick was a probably one of the best directors. You put him on a list. He's one of the best directors ever in my opinion, and yet he had like the most unbelievable, ridiculous issues with continuity in this film, maybe because he kept changing the script. I don't think that's what it was. I mean, it was so obvious that I think it was intentional. What's the reasoning behind that? Like the light switch on the wall like just gone, I mean, that's really obvious. Continuity experts don't miss that more than once. They certainly don't miss it over and over and over again. Continuity issues that are really obvious that anybody could point out. What's the deal with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are several in the movie, and I'm pretty sure that we did a really good job pointing out all of those. The first one that we show is whenever Danny is on his tricycle or the big wheel or whatever and he's driving around the writing around the overlook, there's a if you zoom in to the top right hand side of the frame, there's like this this plastic scalfloting scalfloting. I'm pryn of seeing that, right, It's like like weird plastic thing like for like a set, you know what I mean, And that's draped over the handrail there. Then the other ones that we show are the light switches outside of Olmen's office before Jack goes in there's one there, and then later on in the film, whenever he goes in to destroy the radio to prevent Wendy from calling the police, it's gone. Whenever Windy, whenever Hallerin is taking Wendy around, they overlooking, giving them a tour of the kitchen and showing them the pantry. The storage room, which we also talk about in the movie, which it doesn't really sound like he says storage room. It sounds like he says the story room. But we get into that in the documentary. There's a there's like a light switch like slash plug in thing like an outlet there. And then whenever Wendy is carrying Jack's body into the storage room, it's missing. There's a chair that disappears behind Jack whenever he's talking to Windy, whenever Wendy comes in to kind of like confront not really not confront him, but ask him if he wanted anything to eat or whatever, and he's, no, I'm in here working. When you see me in this chair in his room, you know that I am working. There's a chair that disappears behind Jack when Danny stands up in the hallway to go into room two thirty seven. The carpet which switches angles. Uh. And then in the very first one is the there's a sticker on Danny's door before the doctor comes to examine Danny that disappears in the next shot. So there's a lot of these types of continuity airs and within the movie, and I think that some of them are continuity airs like he had to have been that he wasn't so much concentrated on like the filming aspects and getting everything precisely incorrectly right, because he did a lot of takes. Like Stanley Kubrick was a notorious for doing hundreds of takes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like hitching off the actors, a lot of takes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hundreds of takes. It was reported by Shirley Duvall that they did. I would have to look it up, and I think it's around in the one hundred and twenty range of the famous staircase scene.
Speaker 1: That's a lot. That's a lot of takes. Yeah, that's like a joke in another a joke in a movie or a TV show where you just can't get it right. They're like, all right, I can SpongeBob, Like, all right, take two thousand, seven hundred and thirty six. You know, take three thousand kubric did a ton of takes. Do you think that maybe, okay, some of them are maybe legitimate continuity issues we just missed. Maybe some was because he was trying to film it quick to get the content, because he was changing things and they have to send dailies to the studio and they have to look at it, and he wanted to get what he wanted done and filmed and cut. Do you think maybe some of it has to do with I remember what this show called Evil, and the main character in this TV show Evil, she's having this dream about an incubus coming into her room, the male demon trying to have sex with her, and she goes and talks to If I remember this correctly, I think she talks to her psychologist and he says, to tie a string around your wrist. And when you tie the string around your wrist, he said in the dream, look down to see if the string is still there, and if it is, you'll know you're awake, and if it's not, you'll know that you're dreaming. And I've heard that also in terms of people that are having nightmares, to look around the room, see if there's anything that looks bizarre or look at yourself. Do you look normal? Is there something weird about you? Are you missing a ring or a necklace or something like that. I thought, maybe that's what it could be. If it's making it so obvious that there are these issues and that the background is changing, that maybe it has something to do with the mind. Maybe it has something to do with it with different levels of awareness by the characters in the movie, and that the consciousness of the individual is shifting from conscious to unconscious something along. I mean, I can't adequately maybe explain my point of view on it, but it might have something to do with like switching between different states of reality. And since the film is I think your documentary proves it quite clearly about the mind and psychological experimentation, in essence, not being able to figure out what is real and what is not real, which is what good programming and psychological trauma does to a person. They can't figure out what's real and what's not real. Was the light switched there? I don't remember? Was the chair there? I don't remember? Maybe it has something to do with that.
Speaker 2: I think that's very plausible that it does, because throughout the movie, when you watch the shining on its own. Jack is slowly going into what could be considered a a psychosis. Now we pausited that it's something, is that it's an experiment that's being ran at the Overlook Hotel, and that's the calls of him going into these kinds of delusions. But it would make sense that would actually even make more sense Ryan if that was the case, because he would not only want to do that within the characters of the movie, but he would also want to do that to the audience. So as Jack is going further and further into these delusions, he would want to make it seem like the audience is sort of going down this road with him by removing certain things and putting things in one scene and then not having them there, and the next scene changing the carpet and subliminally giving that to you. Now, there are other things within the movie that I have seen personally that nobody else has ever seen. And one of those is a swastika is on the wall in the background of the gold room. No one has ever seen that before. I'm the first person that I know of that. I didn't read it anywhere, I didn't see it anywhere, I didn't hear anyone talking about it. I literally seen it because I saw the shining.
Speaker 1: Was that you pointed it out to J two You showed Jay Jay Widener.
Speaker 2: And I saw that because I went to the theater and actually watched the shining in the theater. They did like a special Halloween showing of the Shining in Wyoming or around a year ago, and I watched it, and I seen that in the movie, and I'm like, holy shit, this connects with my entire hypothesis of what the movie actually is about.
Speaker 1: And there might have been toward the end where jackets frozen. It's kind of like the mustache, the Hitler mustache you pointed out. Is that correct? Or am I misremembering that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? There is a And I'm not the person to talk about this. They talked about this and another several people have seen the Hitler mustache on Jack. I wasn't the first person to see that. They've been talking about that for a really long time. But it's at the end of the movie whenever the frame the picture frame on the wall fades from the far out view into the close up view of Jack. In a split second. Within that fade, the top of Jack's head in the smaller picture, you can forms a Hitler mustache on Jack's face whenever it fades into the bigger picture of it.
Speaker 1: And that connects to your swastika that you saw, which also connects to mind control experiments, because I mean, in the I think the mainline history of mind control experimentation, a lot of that came from Whilston, came from the Soviet Union, but a lot of I also came from Nazi Germany quite famously. So that is another piece of very intentionally subliminal proof that the movie is more about mind control and driving people into psychosis and altered states of awareness and consciousness through drugs and maybe through frequencies. But you didn't put any in the movie, so don't worry and things like that. I think it's a fantastic film. We only have a few minutes here, maybe two minutes before we have to bring up the music. So Rider Lee did the editing. I mean, I know he worked very hard. I'm good friends with writer and we talk a lot, and he worked very hard on this documentary. So if you get a chance, please go watch it. If you don't have a chance, make a chance, make some time to go watch this film. If you're scared about subliminal things, watch it during the daytime. So it's like what three dollars on Amazon to rent ten ninety nine to buy make any money off of it? And I know that writer, you know he gets a percent. It's not like he makes one hundred percent of the profit from it. So support independent filmmakers at the very least. This movie will freak you out. Even if you don't like the shining, I mean what it says about the government and the military take notes. I want to watch it again. I normally never watch documentaries a second time, but I'm definitely going to watch it again Amazon A Clockwork Shining Writerly, thank you so much about a minute and a half. Tell us anything else that we might need to know or any other interesting details about the film, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yes, thanks so much for having me on, Ryan, I really appreciate it. It was a lovely conversation. It's always great to be on your show. Always an honor and a privilege. Yeah, if people would just hope maybe we can get a link in the description or however you want to do it, or if not, they can just go to Amazon Prime Video and you can just download the app, or you can if you already have the app on your TV or whatever, just type in A Clockwork Shining and you can rent it or buy it off of there. And I really hope people enjoy it. And if you have any weird experiences after you watched it, weird dreams or whatever, please please contact me and let me know, because I feel like that is a reoccurring thing. The four people, five people that Jay did a screening for, had the same thing happened to them. Ryan had it happened to him. I've had it happen with watching the Shining, So let us know if you experience anything strange or weird. And yeah, thank you for having me on. And please support independent filmmakers because this is the way that it's going. Streaming services are the way that it is. And you know, Hollywood is not putting out good original content. They just want to remake everything, reboot it and turn it into recognizable IP And we did something very original here with this movie A Clockwork Shining on Amazon Prime Video. Thank you guys very much, and thank you again, Rain.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. Writer Raised by Giants is also Writer's show you can find on YouTube the link where both his show and for the documentary are in the description of this episode of The Secret Teachings Radio Monday through Friday, ground zero Dot Radio, and of course in the archive the Secret Teachings at Info. I'll say one last thing is I bring the music up here. Writer. The only thing that would have made your documentary better if you would have put a chick in it and made her lame and gay, that would have made it much better.
Speaker 2: Put a chicken in macergate.
Speaker 1: This linguini is. It doesn't taste good, but it's pasta. I believe I told the chef to put a chick in it and make her gay, make her lame. Writer, had a great night. Okay, thank you brother, all right, bye bye. This is the Secret Teaching. Stay safe, stay inform, stay healthy, and I will talk to you on the next broadcast. If you're listening on ground zero tomorrow night Friday night, we will hear the sphere Bean. What do I call it? Dark Fleet sphere Bean Alliance of Blue Chickens and Super Soldier Secret Space Programs. That's tomorrow night's show. You don't want to miss it. Brown zero Dot Radio