Speaker 1: I'm the low forties with lots of sunshine this afternoon. Tonight, We're only down to the low thirties before we wore back up into the fifties. For your Sunday afternoon, you have rain move in late tomorrow night. In the Monday from a severe weather station, I'm nine first Morning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's twenty two degrees. Our next update is at six o'clock. I'm Whitney Harris News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: News twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: Your day, news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Keep drinking coffee, stirring down across the table.
Speaker 6: Well, I look outshine.
Speaker 7: So many things I'd say if only I were able, But I just keep quiet and count the cars that pass.
Speaker 8: You've got any man, We're all entitled to.
Speaker 6: But I never asked.
Speaker 9: So let me thank you for your time.
Speaker 8: Try not choice any more in mind, get out of here fast.
Speaker 9: I hate to break it to your babe.
Speaker 10: But I'm not drowning.
Speaker 6: There's no one here to save cads.
Speaker 11: If you disagree, you're not me major king of anything.
Speaker 12: See if the voice sounds familiar, because it belongs to Sarah Beeth Brella, who celebrates a birthday to Day number forty five on this December seventh. Among her credits a Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album of All Things This from twenty ten, her King of Anything You Expect Me to Jerry, talented singer, songwriter and actress celebrating a birthday today. As we begin on the Saturday morning edition for this December seventh, before we look ahead and look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to the seventeen eighty seven. On this date, Delaware became the first date to ratify the United States Constitution, and some would say maybe me included. At least since they started electing Joe Biden, they've been ignoring the US Constitution December seventh, nineteen forty one.
Speaker 13: And prod of the.
Speaker 7: We have witness this morning.
Speaker 13: Harbor and they bombing up by enemy fightings and uh they Japanese.
Speaker 7: The city of Wonnalu.
Speaker 13: Has also been attacked and considerable bamy to dog. This battle has been going on for nearly three hours. One of the bombs drop one of the paid off tower. It is no dope.
Speaker 7: It is Allio war.
Speaker 14: That they h.
Speaker 7: Public upon. Alul has been advised to keep in their homes and await u uh from the Army and Navy. There has been the stands fighting going on in the air and on the seat they had the shootings seemed to be.
Speaker 12: It was a Sunday morning before the Tall Villa December seventh, nineteen forty one, when the Imperial Japanese military brutally issued a sneak attack on US forces in Hawaii. More than twenty three hundred Americans killed. The US naval fleet in the Pacific either completely wiped out or so totally compromised that we had to go into major shipbuilding just to restore our power at sea. On this day in nineteen seventy two, America's last crude mission to date launched as Apollo seventeen blasted off. Nineteen eighty two, convicted murderer Charlie Brooks Junior became the first US prisoner to be executed by lethal injection at a prison in Huntsville, Texas. Major earthquake in the Soviet Union devastated northern Armenia, killing twenty five thousand. The year was nineteen eighty eight and this date. In twenty eighteen, James Alex Fields Junior drove his car into a crowd of counter protesters at that twenty seventeen rally in Charlottesville, Virginia. Convicted of first degree murder. On the birthday list, also Noam Chomsky, the great linguist and political philosopher, is ninety six. Great actress Ellen Bernston is ninety two on this December seventh. Johnny Bench number five is seventy seven. Today. Singer songwriter Tom Waits celebrating Susan Collins, the Senator from Maine, has a birthday. Larry Bird, the hick from French Lick, the best basketball players I ever saw Laysam Up is sixty eight. Today. Actor Jeffrey Wright has a birthday. See Thomas Howell. Terrell Owens is fifty one finally all growed up. The Football Hall of Famer Alan Fanic is forty eight today. And Pete Alonzo, major League Baseball all Star, thirty years old as of today. And if I miss some, oh well, I'm only human. If it's your birthday, I hope this is the best birthday you could possibly imagine. Doing the things you love to do with the people you love to do them with. We got Mametry and Dick from Dayton and everybody's all lined up rare to go. And Alex Egan with us this morning while young Liam Tomlinson backpacks through the brothels of Amsterdam. It's all ahead here On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: This morning at nine, Mike Allen goes where other hosts dared not tread and on not talking about the men's room.
Speaker 15: On seven hundred WLW. Debbie hayes as the president and CEO.
Speaker 12: Of the coll There's lots of sunshine today. We warm up a tad. I have forty two or so. We'll be breezy overnight and cold again, sunny, breezy on Sunday all the way up to fifty two. The rain comes in Sunday night and a chance for that holding over rain on Monday and again warm to start the work week. A high then of fifty four. Not now, but it's gonna warm up, trust me.
Speaker 3: Seven hundredth wl W. Let's do it.
Speaker 12: Sport, Alex Seegen, It's so great to have you back. What's going on in the wide world of sports this morning?
Speaker 16: Ya oh, good to be back. Gary, Jeff the place to be last night was Canton, Ohio. Of course, all eyes were across the tri state. We're on Archbishop Moler versus ol In Tangy Liberty.
Speaker 12: Of course.
Speaker 16: In the end, ol In Tangy Liberty put down a huge TD late in the third quarter, making it twenty eight to seventeen, and that was all she wrote for Big mo Old and Tangy Liberty came out victorious and are your new Division one state champs?
Speaker 12: Congradge we got.
Speaker 16: In Kentucky, the Beechwood Tigers faced off against Owensburg Owensborough Catholic excuse me. With the Tigers on top fifty to thirty four, Beechwood is now eighteen time champ. This afternoon, the Ryal Raiders and Trinity Shamrocks go out it at four pm at Roger Field. That's at University of Kentucky. Trinity is seeking its twenty ninth state title in program history. And then later on that evening, Cooper Jaguars and the Bowling Green Purples go head to head at eight pm, also at roger Field. Undefeated Cooper takes on the defending state champs Bowling Green. What else you got, oh, let's see in mac championship at high noon today, my alma mater of Miami of Ohio goes up against those Bobcats from Athens. It's the one hundred and first meeting between both schools. If you remember, last year, the RedHawks defeated those Bobcats at Yeager Stadium in Oxford, So this year Athens is clearly out for revenge. Kickoff again at noon at Ford Field in Detroit.
Speaker 12: All right, one more any more that you want to note? This morning?
Speaker 16: Oh totally I got plenty SEC championship title with Georgia versus Texas. It's a rematch in Atlanta this afternoon. The Longhorns take on the Bulldogs. Kickoff at four pm from Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta.
Speaker 12: Bevo the Longhorn will not be attending. This is total bovine discrimination. I cannot believe they won't. Bevo is the mascot. It's like telling Ugga that he doesn't get to show up for the game, exactly because they don't like four legging animals.
Speaker 17: Exactly.
Speaker 12: On wake up, there's plenty more to get to and we shall in during the course of the morning. It's five forty six at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: You were locked on to news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: The weather's probably enough to drive anybody mad, but the real madness is when you have to pay the heat and cool your home.
Speaker 12: Well, Steve with.
Speaker 18: USA Intulation would like to help stop that manness by bringing back that they have no helpe.
Speaker 19: Listen to The Sino Show on America's number one podcast network, iHeart open your free iHeart app and search the Sino Show and start listening.
Speaker 12: She's like the radio equivalent of Jello. There's always room for Mama Tree. The lady Lynette Patricia again, she prefers Mam Tree, and that's what we'll call her. See how her recovery's going from major jaw surgery just not even two weeks ago. Mama Tree? How are you doing, dear?
Speaker 20: Well?
Speaker 21: Today was hell day today.
Speaker 12: It's awful early for today to be hell day? How is today hell Day?
Speaker 20: At fifteen am, the nurse reached for the water's theme because her water was ice color. I said, I don't want to lose my voice.
Speaker 21: I said, ah, what was that?
Speaker 20: Your picture come apart on you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 12: I mean lord, her picture came apart on her.
Speaker 20: It's my fifteen am.
Speaker 21: Thank you hard.
Speaker 12: So I would did the water go everywhere? Or what happened in my face?
Speaker 20: Down my throat and my chick oh sweetheart, the point I didn't want to mess up my voice and I got baptized with water.
Speaker 12: Well, would you like to sing for us?
Speaker 20: Yes, let us go back to the old landmark.
Speaker 22: Let us all go back to the old landmark. Let us sing and chef at the old landmark. Let us all go back to.
Speaker 20: The old landmark, and to sing glory hallily to.
Speaker 22: His name, to his name name.
Speaker 20: I lost my boys.
Speaker 23: I'm sorry.
Speaker 12: You sound beautiful, you always sound beautiful.
Speaker 23: But so.
Speaker 12: The day can the day can only get better from here, right?
Speaker 24: Yeah?
Speaker 20: And Elvis was here yesterday and I can't whoop up mu woo because I was sore. And then my prey and miss Gene from Lawrence brought me my Christmas present and first Christmas card and it was red bell's bracelet and red bracelet, I mean red bell necklace night on my red bling bling hat that said love. And Elvis had on red and we had a red day.
Speaker 12: You certainly did. Even Elvis was wearing red. Baby. It's it's burning, burning love, baby, it's hot.
Speaker 20: Yeah, it was a red hot Christmas.
Speaker 12: All right, sweetheart, it's good to hear from you. I'm glad you're feeling a little bit better.
Speaker 20: Yeah, and Spence will make it all right.
Speaker 12: Take care of love you. Bye bye bye, Bom Tree and Dick is hanging and waiting right around the corner.
Speaker 25: Tony Pike here for a spot to grab a bite with the famb head to Miamiville.
Speaker 12: Traiyard low Keitt.
Speaker 26: Serving Greater Cincinnati's retirement needs for over forty years. PCA's team of local and experienced advisors make it personal. Give PCA a call today at five one three PCA four O one K. That's five one three pc A four oh one K. PCA is an SEC registered. It must be an advisor. Registration is done imply a certain level of skill or training.
Speaker 5: Marty, here were the great holiday offer from Montgomery In for that special person on your gift list. Now through Christmas, Eve got a one hundred dollars Montgomery In gift card for eighty dollars. That's right, eighty dollars gets you a one hundred dollars Montgomery End gift card.
Speaker 12: Visit montgomery In dot com at shure.
Speaker 1: We start as simptures are in the low twenties this morning, but we do climb to the low forties with lots of sunshine this afternoon. Tonight, we're only down to the low thirties before we wore back up into the fifties. For your Sunday afternoon, you have rain move in late tomorrow night into Monday for a severe weather station. I'm nine First Morning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: Last night, I had another dream about Mike McConnell. Last night. I dreamt my leg was made of fudge and a group of hobos tried to hold me.
Speaker 27: Down and lick it.
Speaker 28: If I had a fudge leg, I'd probably eat it for breakfast while listening to Mike.
Speaker 12: Starting your day getting everything you need to know from me. Mike McConnell makes you feel good.
Speaker 8: His voice, his brain, his humor.
Speaker 29: I love it.
Speaker 12: And when you feel good, you look good.
Speaker 30: I look good with a budg leg.
Speaker 15: Be a morning lover with Mike McConnell Monday morning at five on seven hundred.
Speaker 31: W l W.
Speaker 30: Run a business and not thinking about podcasting. Think Again More America.
Speaker 32: Available on ninety four five FMW two, three three BG Cincinnati time.
Speaker 12: There's a picking handsome granted on a Saturday morning, and that means visit with our friend Dick from Dayton. Good morning, Dick, Good morning Dick. This has never happened before.
Speaker 23: Dick.
Speaker 12: Are you there? Hello? Hello Dick. You know I can. I can do this all morning. How you doing, Dick?
Speaker 21: Good morning, Gerry Kiff, How are you?
Speaker 12: I'm great? Where the heck were you?
Speaker 28: Oh?
Speaker 21: I was just dozen. I've been playing too much strummers this week. We had two little parties. They were really good Christmas. I'm on the Yuku Lelees.
Speaker 12: Well, I know that last week you said you had one party. I didn't know you were so busy all of a sudden. I'm glad you're getting some bookings because you know I can't an idle. Dick is the Devil's playmate, don't you think?
Speaker 21: But what I was going to say, well, no comment.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 21: The Bengals I think have a chance against Dallas. I'm going to say they're going to win seventeen to fourteen.
Speaker 12: WHOA in a defensive showdown in the Big d on Monday Night. The Bengals, Dick says, we'll pull it out.
Speaker 21: I forgot something. No, I wanted to give you my number, you know, for the Christmas cards.
Speaker 12: Yeah, oh yeah, it's getting a little late.
Speaker 21: Go ahead of a nine WAF Drive.
Speaker 12: Twenty five seventy nine, Walford that's w A L F O R D Drive in Dayton, Ohio four five four four zero, right, I remember, Yeah, we can get those get those cards and letters into Dick. Well, there's still time, folks. The Christmas rush is on. You know. The mail is slower, it's bogged down. They're losing money. Uh, they really don't do a great job of delivering mail. But if you get it in, if you get it in the mail this weekend or Monday, it might get to Dick before Christmas. Twenty five seventy nine, Walford Drive, Dayton, Ohio. Just address it to Dick from Dayton and the he's like Santa Claus. The post office knows exactly where he is.
Speaker 27: Right.
Speaker 21: Have you heard from Dave?
Speaker 12: I did Dick?
Speaker 23: He said, that's Dick.
Speaker 12: He says, how's Dick's Christmas tunes?
Speaker 21: I'm sure he'll come here Christmas.
Speaker 23: Won He said?
Speaker 12: What when can he play right now? If he has a short set list, he play? What what could you play?
Speaker 21: I'll play. I still I'm using the uk lot I'm getting, Sue said, I'm beginning to be he said. Geez, Dick came here with man nowies, he said, is uh tearing the yu cup? I like to use a little bit, but I'm going to get over to the mandolin.
Speaker 23: No.
Speaker 21: Sometimes.
Speaker 12: You know who else was great on a ukulele that I interviewed and was spent some time with was the late Tiny Tim.
Speaker 29: Oh, yeah, you remember Tiny Tim.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I'm you know, I always like Don Ho. He was pretty good.
Speaker 12: Well, if Tiny Tim and Don Hoe got together, that would be one heck of a star, said Tipto through the two long Dick segad night, Sa good night.
Speaker 33: Dick, good night.
Speaker 21: Have a good week, all right.
Speaker 12: Get those cards out to Dick.
Speaker 23: Bye bye, bye bye.
Speaker 12: See you later. He's a wonder of humankind, no doubt about it.
Speaker 15: Single game tickets for Cincinnati women's basketball are hunts.
Speaker 1: Overall, not going to be too bad of a weekend as temperaters start off in the low twenties this morning, but we do climb to the low forties with some sunshine tonight. We're down to the low thirties before we hit the low fifties for your Sunday with rain late tomorrow night in the Monday for me Severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Right now it's twenty two degrees in our next update is that six thirty. I'm Whitney Harris News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: Insulate your home with USA Insulation call three eight one three six two six three eight one foam or on the web at USA insulation dot Net.
Speaker 12: Into the first official hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, December seventh, twenty twenty four. On Gary J. Up Walker, you are you and that's perfectly fine with me really. Oh and then there's this he hates this. I just love this song.
Speaker 14: Take Away the trees and the mariage.
Speaker 29: I just sit upon the ground and take away in their way, and.
Speaker 6: The bears I ad to walk to get around.
Speaker 34: And take away the bird.
Speaker 12: Dance and Grady Bird assume me.
Speaker 33: And the way.
Speaker 23: Take away.
Speaker 14: Long a round and.
Speaker 12: Birds walking around in underwear.
Speaker 6: Take Away and theirs had to.
Speaker 12: Fairwarness total anarchy. It's time for Dave from Harrison.
Speaker 29: Good morning, Dave.
Speaker 35: Good morning.
Speaker 23: It'll how we done.
Speaker 12: I'm doing fine. How are you? Man?
Speaker 27: Good good, good, good, good good.
Speaker 36: I don't know about you, but our burd bat that froze over and has been for yeah.
Speaker 12: Right, Well, we're going to get a reprieve from the cold cold weather here over the next couple of days. So I'm looking forward fifties, man, fifties. I never thought that I would be like ready to do a Hallelujah dance over fifties, but here it comes. Yep, it looks a lot like that. It looks like a lot like the Trump dance, the YMC A thing.
Speaker 36: I see that's ball at that team's mascot can't go.
Speaker 27: To the game.
Speaker 12: This is such bovine discrimination. I've never seen a worst case of it. I don't. And here's the thing. It's been anybody else, the A C l U, which stands of course, for all criminals Love us, We're all communists, love us, or the Southern Poverty Law Center. Don't you think the Southern Poverty Law Center with a name like that would get behind this bold discrimination that poor Bevo is going through, right, now there you go.
Speaker 36: Well, Jeff, I have a question or two for you. Yes, yes, Why do you suppose that Christmas trees are so.
Speaker 27: Bad at sewing?
Speaker 12: The imagery that this brings up is just otherworldly? Why is it that Christmas trees are so bad at sewing?
Speaker 37: Dave?
Speaker 38: They're always dropping their needles?
Speaker 12: Well, you got crickets.
Speaker 35: What do you call an old snowman?
Speaker 12: What do you call an old snowman?
Speaker 27: Dave? Water water.
Speaker 38: Nice?
Speaker 36: Yeah, Well Gary, Jeff, what type of cars does santals L's drive?
Speaker 12: They don't need cars, They've got a magic sleigh and reindeer. What kind of cars do Santa's elves drive the rest of the year, Dave?
Speaker 36: Well, I'm pretty sure they're toyotas.
Speaker 12: Get scared out of here.
Speaker 25: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming some.
Speaker 3: Time to go to court.
Speaker 9: He grows down to get ready for an afternoon a big time.
Speaker 29: Balling three pluck.
Speaker 9: It's Juicy's basketball bear Cats getting it on with Howard's Bison in a Sunday showdown right hand. Don't get the call live from fifth thirty Rain tomorrow at one thirty. Come on seven hundred WLW and on seven hundred wlw's live stream on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 39: iHeartRadio is your number one app for the holidays. Just open the app and search holiday and start listening. Now you'll see your little follows. A sunny day forty two for a high. See that no thirties in there, no wind chills in the teens. Isn't that nice? Tomorrow's sunshine, it'll be breezy again. I have fifty two and that breeze bringing in a front that expected to bring us some rain on Sunday night and Monday morning. Forty two tomorrow or Monday morning's low on the way to a high of fifty four and a chance for more rain again on Monday night. But the warmer temperatures kind of offset, don't they. It is twenty right now at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 40: Men, It's the Holidays, a time of love and joy, but if you suffer from a rectile dysfunction, the season can be tough on you. This is Jeff for Tri State Mental Health. If you and your partner are experiencing struggles because of ED, change it up this year. Give the best gift you can give to the one you love by treating your ED and restoring your relationship. At Tri Statemen's Health, we're experts in treating ED and as a permitic restorative health practice. We've literally seen countless thousands of relationships renewed across the nation. Plus, with treatments having success rates well over ninety percent. Coupled with many treatment options, we can likely find the right one for you. You may even find you're performing like you haven't in years. So call us and give your partner the best gift you can give this season, a renewed restored relationship. Your first visit is only ninety nine dollars and includes blood work, a medical consult and athmetically advised a TESTOS and if that TESTOS doesn't work in our office, your visit is free. Call eight hundred nine hundred nine sixty five four that's eight hundred nine hundred nine six five four, or go to tri statemenshealth dot com. That's tri statemenshealth dot com.
Speaker 12: As Americans were dancing without a care in their heads on December sixth, nineteen forty one, the Imperial Japanese were plotting a deadly attack on our naval base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Later during World War II that ensued. The leader of this orchestra, Glenn Miller, who was serving in our armed forces, like so many so called stars of the day, was lost in a plane crash near the end of that conflict. Memories of maybe the Moonlight Ballroom and a moonlight serenade on a Saturday morning on Pearl Harbor Day twenty twenty four, coming up on six fifth, Gary Jeff with you and old radio Rick is here and I don't I wonder what kind of radio in nineteen forty one would have really showcased that song which was so popular then Ricky, good morning.
Speaker 41: Hey, good morning. Well this one's kind of close, but kind of misses the mark too. However, you are coming in five by five loud and clear. It's in nineteen thirty one Westinghouse Colamaire WR eight. So if you decode the model number, w R stands for Westinghouse Radio and the eight means that it has nine tunes. Now, so much for that, SERI, Oh, well, this radio is and think about this for a moment. It's about a foot across, about eleven inches deep and five feet tall. I guess the name Columare does actually make sense. This is a Grandfather clock radio. Oh really, it's a grandfather clock, which is an electric clock. It's not the standard grandfather we think about. And it's it's spindly, I mean it is. It is not very deep, it's not very wide but for its height, but it it's very trim and spelt. Anyway, The radio is on the side, the speaker is in the top. The cabinet is very art deco, although it's rather subtle, I would say. And the first time I saw it, I thought it was dog ugly, and then I found out what it was worth, and then I decided it looks pretty darn good.
Speaker 27: This thing.
Speaker 41: Well, let's go to the catalog, shall we. The model w R eight standard broadcast high fidelity. That's where Glenn Miller comes in and all worthwhile features. I'm kind of phoned in that description plus plus Westinghouse precision and a handsome cabinet, A new number, a good value. Well, I don't know what a new number means, but as far as the value goes, nineteen thirty one, this was one hundred and ninety four bucks. Wow, four thousand today, I was.
Speaker 12: Gonna say, that's that. You could have bought a car for that.
Speaker 41: Now here's here's the best part of the catalog. What we say about Westinghouse radios means little. Okay, so far, thank you?
Speaker 12: That inspires confidence.
Speaker 41: Yes, that it says for you to hear them means everything. Okay, you sort of recovered from that tailspin.
Speaker 12: No doubt, that's great. What we say about it means absolutely nothing. Why are they even paying us to write this? We don't know. We just pay the orders and churn out word salads.
Speaker 41: It's okay, But do you have to put a preemptive disclaimer in the catalog page?
Speaker 27: Maybe you're doing it wrong.
Speaker 12: No doubt, no question. So nineteen thirty one, Yeah, I mean, is it capable of high fidelity?
Speaker 41: Well, it actually does have a eight inch speaker in the top. Yeah, it does sound good in that. I think the reason they put the speaker in the top. Is that the cabinet? Although I insulted it and called it spindley, it still resonates very nicely. So yes, it does have some very nice deep tones. And as well, this is a TRF rather than a superheterrid eye in the more modern style, and the trs tended to be a little truer to the actual reproduction of the sound. They were a little quirky when it comes to reception and tuning and so forth. But the quirkiness doesn't matter because it put the dials on the side and the knobs on the side, and the dial is so tiny you'd have to get down on your knees with a flashlight and a microscope in order to see what you're tuning.
Speaker 12: In anyway, I know that there are some people that work very hard so they can hear this even today, So I all in favor of you getting down on your knees if you need to to tune again better. Rick, I love I love the description you said. I thought it was kind of ugly or fugly or whatever you said, until I found out how much it cost, and it made it look better. You you sound like you sound like a I don't know a possible trophy bride or something with some ugly old man.
Speaker 41: You've got a lot of money, like the the people that are stuck in fashions, like that's the ugly shirt I've ever seen. Oh but Darling, it's lacua. Oh it's beautiful.
Speaker 23: That's right.
Speaker 12: You gonna get in touch with mister Washburn Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com. Six ' nineteen and some change. Alex Egan coming up with the sports as we continue on this Saturday morning together at seven hunderd WLW.
Speaker 42: When I think about America, I think of Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 9: When I think about Bill Cunningham, I think about America.
Speaker 12: He's as red, white and blue as Uncle Sam.
Speaker 3: I told my wife she looks like Uncle Sam. Then she smacked me in the header.
Speaker 12: My wife looks like Ben Franklin.
Speaker 29: But I'm not dumb enough to tell her that.
Speaker 12: I bet Ben Franklin would listen to Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 18: They're both great Americans.
Speaker 9: Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 32: Monday at twelve noon on seven hundred w L.
Speaker 40: A horrific car accident left Paula with major injuries and surgery.
Speaker 17: After surgery, I.
Speaker 35: Got to the point where I little.
Speaker 30: Social any other media even twice as many teens than TikTok. Think radio can help your business. Think iHeart streaming, podcasting, and radio. Let us show you at iheartadvertising dot com. That's iheartadvertising dot com. Plead advice about your relationship with your bank at Jeparties.
Speaker 1: With lots of sunshine this afternoon tonight, we're only down to the low thirties before we wore back up into the fifties. For your Sunday afternoon, you have rain move in late tomorrow night into Monday. From a severe weathers station, I'm nine first Morning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Seven hundred WLBY. Let's do it in sports.
Speaker 12: That voice belongs to one Alex Eagan, and he's got reports of sports, including last night's high school football championship games.
Speaker 16: Absolutely oh Boy, Gary Jeff All Eyes in the Tri State were on Archbishop Mohler versus Olan Tangy Liberty in Canton, Ohio. In the end, ol In Tangi Liberty put down a huge TD late in the third quarter, making it twenty eight to seventeen, and that was all she wrote for Big mo Olan Tangy Liberty came out victorious and are now your Division one state champs.
Speaker 12: In Kentucky and the Bluegrass. The games are already being played. Last night a championship game, absolutely local team involved.
Speaker 16: Absolutely the Beachwood Tigers faced off against Owensborough Catholic. With the Tigers on top fifty to thirty four. It is now eighteen time champs. And then this afternoon the action continues. The Ryle Raiders and Trinity Shamrocks go out it at four pm at Kroger Field. That's at University of Kentucky. Trinity is seeking its twenty ninth state title in program history. And then the Cooper Jaguars up against the Bowling Green Purples, go to head to head at eight pm, also at Kroger Field.
Speaker 12: It's cool to have a lot of local teams involved in state championships and the like. Do we have any college basketball on this late? I know, since UC plays Howard.
Speaker 16: Yet tomorrow tomorrow here on seven hundred WIW with the pregame at one thirty with your friend and mine mo Egger to take on the Howard Bison. But we're pretty light today. The only other thing here up the dial on ESPN fifteen thirty This afternoon at two pm, the NKU Norse take on the IUI Jaguars. Catch that action with Jim kelch and Rick Browing.
Speaker 12: And are all kinds of college football Conference championship games today, including Georgia playing Texas in the SEC. Only Bevo, the beloved cow mascot of the Texas Longhorns, the beloved Longhorn, is not being allowed at the game. And I don't know, I'll stand for that. I don't know how they can justify having Ugga on the field for Georgia and not Bevo for text.
Speaker 17: A pampered bulldog is what that is?
Speaker 12: Well and yeah, yeah, absolutely and deservedly so yeah, oh yeah. There's also the Mac was it the MAC Championship year? Yeah, Max Championship.
Speaker 16: At high noon today my alma mater, Miami of Ohio, the RedHawks go up against those Bobcats from Athens. It's the one hundred and first meeting between both schools. Of course, last year the RedHawks defeated the Bobcats at Yeager Stadium in Oxford, so this year Athens is out for it. Kick off at noon from Ford Field and Detroit. And then this came across the desk earlier this morning. Yeah, maybe it's a little early, but pitchers and catchers report February tenth.
Speaker 17: Are we ready to talk about that?
Speaker 12: Well, the way the BEng seasons have been going, probably, So let's switch our attention to the Reds Bengals in Dallas on Monday night. From Monday Night Football, all that action here at the home of the best Bengals coverage seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 43: Here's what's turning from the Iheartsports Network presented by DraftKings, the official partner of the NBA.
Speaker 44: The Bengals place linebacker Logan Wilson on ir after procedure on his knee, ending his season. Cincinnati battles of Cowboys on Monday Night football. Women's college basketball Cincinnati toips Western Illinois Yesterday. Ohio State hosts Rutgers this afternoon. The Bearcats host Howard tomorrow. College football Number one Oregon number three Pence State for the Big Ten title. In the Big Twelve, Number sixteen I was State against Number fifteen ASU. I'm Trey Edwards.
Speaker 30: Check out what DraftKings has to offer this season with Code Sports.
Speaker 45: On Core Technologies and your local Ford Dealers. On seven hundred WLW the home of the best Bengals coverage a.
Speaker 26: Few and thats's been with Bengals head coach Zach Taylor and coach we have McPherson out for probably a couple of weeks in the looks of things. Did that injury, the growing injury happen in the game last week?
Speaker 23: He talked a little bit of tightness. He didn't know it would be severe enough to miss miss a game or any time, but then after the game we got to fixed or looked at and he'll miss some time.
Speaker 12: There to tell us, I think or two about caid York.
Speaker 23: Kip in this league been umpowered. A couple of teams brought some kickers in this week and he was the top one of the group. Will be our kicker this week against Dallas.
Speaker 26: All right, Speaking of potential injuries, we have maybe Logan Wilson and Orlando Brown kind of gimpy, and then off the practice squad you brought in Shaka Hayward and Andrews Stuber, and we take from that that maybe they might not be in the game.
Speaker 23: There's a chance. We'll get through the week and see where it ends up. But yeah, there's a chance to walk to you some other guys.
Speaker 26: Press conference on Monday, you said the defensive issues was not a case of effort.
Speaker 12: What do we talk it up to.
Speaker 23: Poor tackling? You know, we got to close the space there's too much air between some of the ball carriers and receivers, better getting the ball and find a way to create some more turnovers, you know, which we had to have a three or four turnover game, you know, and give our off in some extra possessions and be able to run away with one of these things.
Speaker 26: And the quality of play between the offense and defense is stark, as we know. The debate you know around here and on the air is whether or not the fixing the defense is a short term where a long term fix?
Speaker 12: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 23: I think we got guys with the right mentality and we just got to get more out of everybody, you know, as a unit in there'stincts offensively and special teams we can do to help win some of these games as well. So it's not on any one person in or a group or position group and just got to find a way to a team to get some wins here right.
Speaker 26: Preview on the Cowboys, what issues are you looking at where they tough starts.
Speaker 23: With Michael Parsons. Yeah, he's he's one of the best players in the league. They move him around quite a bit. He can wreck a lot of games. Mike Zimmer, Ryan Schottenheimer, they've been doing this thing for a long time. So they got good schemes on both sides of the ball. And you know they've won two games in a row now, so they'll have some some juice point at home on Monday Night football. And our guys got to be rated to roll and I know that.
Speaker 12: Well, absolutely all right, listen, best of luck on Monday night. Thanks so much. I'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 23: Thank you well.
Speaker 3: The cons Radio seven hundred wl John.
Speaker 1: A chilly start as temperas are in the low twenties this morning, but we do climb to the low forties with lots of sunshine this afternoon. Tonight, we're only down to the low thirties before we warm back up into the fifties for your Sunday afternoon, you have rain move in late tomorrow night into Monday. From a severe weather station, I'm nine first Morning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: Radar show's clear skies in the tri State, twenty three degrees at your severe weather station. Our next update. It's seven o'clock. I'm Jack Crumley, News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day, News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: Time to hities.
Speaker 10: I'm toasting you, sit honing.
Speaker 45: We may be thrown dude, You'll never care me.
Speaker 17: Come blay.
Speaker 10: Now heading to Ripley.
Speaker 12: How now, Brown County and the Gang at Brookie Saloon, Main Street on a Saturday morning. Good morning, gang, Good morning. So Doug first and foremost, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna say anything about last weekend because your team made you suffer enough. I don't have to rub it in at this point.
Speaker 27: It wasn't the team, that was the coach.
Speaker 12: Oh, well, there you go. Always you can't fire all the players, but you can get rid of the coach, and no problem with that. And that's something that's something that's very famous. So I wonder if Ryan Days got a picture of John Cooper in his office. So, who's who's all with us this morning?
Speaker 34: Hey at Life's they're here and the Green Hornet and.
Speaker 12: Darren oh in full boat. This is good.
Speaker 27: Yeah, pick on all of them.
Speaker 12: Well, Matt, Matt and LEXI uh just I mean they just got off work, didn't they.
Speaker 27: Yes, So this is.
Speaker 12: Truly, this is truly happy hour, Brookie. You need to open up for the third shifters man every not just for the radio. You need to be up and Adham at like six o'clock because you know, if you know Matt, and if you know Matt, you know that he's game for not day drinking, but like early morning drinking, because you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning. That is exactly right.
Speaker 20: Losing his money gambling too.
Speaker 12: Well, yeah, you could play Keno Candy first shift, Gary.
Speaker 35: Here at five and.
Speaker 12: Well look, no, hold on, Darren, what do you mean you don't know if you could find any buddy, you're there, it's your bar.
Speaker 23: Break it up.
Speaker 12: You're breaking up green Hornet Cherry.
Speaker 3: How are you doing, baby, I'm doing great.
Speaker 35: The well that's gonna perk up a little bit here.
Speaker 37: We're gonna get up in the fifties.
Speaker 46: Eventually and have some son today.
Speaker 23: So that's good news.
Speaker 12: I love it when you start go ahead.
Speaker 3: I'm on baby.
Speaker 20: Watch my daughter's about to have a baby, So I'm on baby watch right now.
Speaker 12: Really, and she do any any day, she do the.
Speaker 20: Eleven, so yeah, pretty much any day.
Speaker 12: I'm hoping that it happens a little bit later because my birthday is the twenty second, And let me tell you, for somebody who has a birthday on December twenty second every year, it's a great day to have a birthday. So pass it on.
Speaker 14: Really.
Speaker 12: So yeah, well all that. How's the other rock?
Speaker 3: Weather Rock has collapsed.
Speaker 46: It's kind of in bad shape down there.
Speaker 47: The wind took it out a little bit.
Speaker 12: Well, sounds like we need we need some maintenance on the weather rock. LEXI get on that all right, guys, have a great day. Anything anything going on at Brookies tonight?
Speaker 41: No, nothing, just the drawing on Wednesday about one thousand, one.
Speaker 12: Hundred grand and the Queen of Hearts at Brookies on Wednesday night.
Speaker 38: That's worth the drive about, I think.
Speaker 12: Well it's getting close. Sure all right, Thanks, good morning, have a great weekend, and we'll talk to you soon. Steve from Atna, Ohio with a very special phone call coming up in just a few moments on seven hundred w l.
Speaker 32: W seven hundred W l W, Cincinnati, Available everywhere. The iHeartRadio app down number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 8: Hey, it's this snee And for the past six years, look, I've been either pregnant or in postpartum, but before that I was diagnosed with PCOS.
Speaker 12: And if you know, it was in Tomorrow night into Monday morning. The warm temperatures stick around for a few days, which is a nice break compared to what we've been having twenty two right.
Speaker 4: Now, seven one hundred wl dommany WHOA let's go sports.
Speaker 12: Alex Eagan is here this morning. Go ahead, lay good morning.
Speaker 16: Last night in can't Ohio, Gary Jeff Archbishop Moeler took on ol in Tangi Liberty. In the end, all in Tangi Liberty put down a huge TD late in the third quarter, making at twenty eight to fourteen. That was all she wrote for Big Mo. Of course, all in Tangi Liberty came out victorious. And are your new Division one state champs?
Speaker 12: All right, And we've got a championship game last night in Kentuck at the UK and we'll have a couple of games today. Yes.
Speaker 16: Beachwood Tigers faced off against Owensborough Catholic yesterday with the Tigers on top fifty to thirty four. Beachwood is now eighteen time champs.
Speaker 12: All right, and we got what Ryle and Cooper going at it today?
Speaker 16: Yep, Ryle Raiders and Ryle Raiders and Trinity Shamrocks co audit at four pm at Crogerfield, and then also at Crogerfield Cooper Jaguars.
Speaker 17: And the Bowling Green Purples at eight pm.
Speaker 12: And some college football championship games today in respected conferences, the MAC and also the SEC.
Speaker 16: Yes, the MAC, Miami of Ohio. The RedHawks go against the Bobcats, that is at noon at Ford Field and Detroit.
Speaker 27: All right.
Speaker 12: And Georgia and Texas.
Speaker 16: Georgia and Texas and Atlanta at Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta.
Speaker 12: No cows allowed, Bevo not attending, Yes, all right, Steve from at Ohio coming up next. What's up y'all? Is Cam Jordan from the nor One of Saints. Get to tell you it's going down all season two of my podcast, Off the Edge of Me.
Speaker 24: The Bus nineteen forty one, a date which will live in infamy. The United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan. The United States was at peace with that nation, and at the solicitation of Japan, was still in conversation with its government and its emperor, looking toward the maintenance of peace in the Pacific.
Speaker 12: The attack yesterday.
Speaker 24: On the Hawaiian Islands has caused severe damage to American naval and military forces.
Speaker 33: I regret to tell.
Speaker 24: You that the American lives I've been lost. In addition, American ships have been reported torpedoed on the high seas between San Francisco and Honolulu. As Commander in Chief of the Army in Navy, I have directed that all measures.
Speaker 23: Be taken for our defense.
Speaker 24: But always will our whole nation remember the character of the onslaught against us.
Speaker 29: The boy.
Speaker 12: Of then President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, and now the voice of Steve from Eton, Ohio on seven hundred WLW good morning.
Speaker 46: Good morning, Gary, jeff. In less than two hours on that morning at Pearl Harbor, we lost half of our Pacific Navy. We lost twenty four hundred military and Savian personnel killed and another eleven hundred were wounded. This so called Japanese sneak attack should not have happened. Carelessness in our intelligence community allowed the Japanese consulate in Hawaii to become a haven for spies who were able to garner almost complete knowledge of all of the Army and Navy facilities on O Wahoo Island. One of the great books detailing this outrage is co authored by Mark Harmon, the longtime star of the NCIS television series. The book came out last year is Ghosts of Honolulu. Ghosts, by the way, is a word we used to use for spies. Since this is the season of pardons, let's see who was guilty and who was possibly innocent. The Navy commander at Pearl was Admiral Husband Kimmel, and the Army chief at adjacent Fort Shafter was General Walter Short. There were seven investigative commissions during the war, and a final congressional investigation in nineteen forty six, conveniently after FDR's death. The first hearing was conducted by Supreme Court Justice Owen Roberts at the behest of President Roosevelt. Roberts laid the full blame on Kimmel and Short. Those dereliction of duty charges against them, however, were rescinded in the final congressional investigation, which lasted from November of forty five to May of forty six. By then there was enough testimony from forty four witnesses and tons of documents to fill fourteen thousand pages. Added to the list of culprits. Now where Kimmel's boss, the Chief of Naval Operations, Admiral Start, and the Secretary of State Cordell Hall. There were many others, including the Army chief of staff at the time at Pearl, General George C. Marshall. President Truman's rather bland summation of that forty six inquiry was, everybody is to blame. But I did not find Franklin Roosevelt's name in that summary. It should have been there. Incidentally, Fdr had been the Assistant Secretary of the Navy in World War One. You would think he'd know better than put half of his navy in one location. The head of that commission was Kentucky Senator Albin Barkley, who was rewarded with the Vice presidency in nineteen forty eight. George Marshall recovered nicely from his embarrassment. He was still Army chief of Staff when that Commission met Four years later, he became Secretary of Defense and then Secretary of State, during which he devised the Marshall Plan for the economic and political recovery of Europe.
Speaker 35: He got the.
Speaker 46: Nobel Peace Prize for that. Ghosts of Honolulu brings out the ugliness of what happened to Japanese Americans as a result of the perfidy of the Japanese government. Only about three percent of nies or second generation Japanese Americans, were ever convicted of treason, but the recriminations started out early, and Franklin Roosevelt was a key player. Opposed by that by none other than j Edgar Hoover of the FBI, who correctly thought most of FDR's executive orders were illegal and unconstitutional.
Speaker 35: They were.
Speaker 46: A month after Pearl Harbor, the War Department downgraded NISE draft classification from eligible for military duty to hang on to This not acceptable to the armed forces because of nationality or ancestry. Wow, we call that racism, don't We raised many questions, including what to do with the NISE who were already in service. Many of them were an intelligence work because of their bilingual and privy nature to Japanese culture. Both Asian and Caucasian elements were quick to draft a statement of Japanese American loyalty, which noted, and this is a quote. To deprive us of the sacred right to bear arms in the defense of our country is contrary to the principles upon which America is founded. But Roosevelt's illegal internment and relocation of Japanese Americans soon followed, mostly without benefit of judicial proceedings. That's unconstitutional. Washington also went after Italian Americans and to a lesser extent, German Americans, partially because of manpower considerations, the War Department had to recant. Later, three thousand nisse served in World War Two. This included NISSE Women's Army Corps service, which began in nineteen forty three. Most of the Nissai were sent to Europe after training in Wisconsin and Mississippi. As with the case of African American units, the Japanese American units had white officers. The four to four second Regimental Combat Team became This is unbelievable. What a tribute to this army unit. They became one of the most highly decorated units of the war. Well, here's a ps. Since our current President Joe Biden is on a pardoning tear. How perhaps should he consider Franklin Delano Roosevelt. That would at least be admitting that FDR did something wrong. And by the way, Fort McCoy, Wisconsin, where the Nisse train is now the site of relocation efforts for Afghan.
Speaker 12: Evacuees, and the beat goes on.
Speaker 46: And fifty years ago, by the way, I was in a reserve unit and we did construction work at then Camp McCoy. General Billy Mitchell in the nineteen twenty said there would be an attack on Hawaii, and there was sixteen seventeen years later. Best book on this, by the way, as an old one, nineteen sixty two, ROBERTA. Wolfsteader of Stanford University, Pearl Harbor, Warning and Decision. It's the book that my professor used when I was studying international relations at the University of Iowa in nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 41: December the eighth.
Speaker 46: Was the last declaration of war that we have had. And how many of our men women have been killed in combat since then? Do your homework, folks, there's a hell of a lot behind this. Take care of yourself, Gary, Jeff, and God bless the people in service.
Speaker 12: God bless you Steve from at in Ohio. My friend Ray from Loveland is on the line. Ray, what's going on this morning?
Speaker 23: Brother?
Speaker 34: Good morning, Gary, Jeff, good morning. Fantastic. What a tremendous as always great program in you're so a stoic in remembering these great history moments in Steve again, just I'll have to go back and read, listen to this and take notes on my history.
Speaker 27: Is this amazing?
Speaker 34: But you know, who would have thought that, you know, a scant less than sixty years later, we would suffer a major sneak attack on the homeland here on September eleventh.
Speaker 27: But I only hope that.
Speaker 34: Our department defense inclusive, and they're thinking inclusive, and they're thinking that it could happen again.
Speaker 27: It could happening in But hey.
Speaker 34: The good news is we have homeland security now, so we should sleep good at night, right, God bless.
Speaker 12: You, Brother, God bless you Ray. I'm not so sure about sleeping tight with homeland security, but maybe with the incoming administration, I feel a little bit better. Coming up on six fifty six on a Saturday morning, a break and then back Steve Shulty just after the news at seven on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 48: Have you taken your family to dinner recently and been shocked by the price of that bill? Listen, Recent studies are saying there's almost forty trillion dollars in the United States.
Speaker 1: Unserve in the low twenties this morning, but we do climb to the low forties with lots.
Speaker 17: Of sunshine this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Tonight, we're only down to the low thirties before we warm back up into the fifties. For your Sunday afternoon, you have rain move in late tomorrow night into Monday. For me, severe weathers day and I'm nine first morning meteorrologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: This morning at nine Mike Allen Rand's raves and then calms down with a Virgin LIMERICKI on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: Insulate your home with USA Insulation call three eight one three six two six three eight one FOAM or on the web at USA insulation dot Net.
Speaker 12: In this week's Marketers Report, we hear about the.
Speaker 1: Importance again as tempters start off in the low twenties this morning, but we do climb to the low forties with some sunshine tonight. We're down to the low thirties before we hit the low fifties for your Sunday with rain late tomorrow night and the Monday for a severe weather station. I'm nine First Morning Meeterologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: Radar show's clear skies in the Tri State currently twenty two degrees. Our next update at seven thirty. I'm Jack Crumley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: Insulate your home with USA Insulation Call three eight one three six two six three eight one foam on the web at USA installation dot net.
Speaker 12: Into another hour of this Saturday morning edition for Saturday, December seventh, twenty twenty four. Gary Jeff Walker, at your service. Great to be with you as always here on a weekend Saturday morning. Man. The coffee's uh, coffee's percolating, got my spicy v eight, my unsweetened iced tea. Everything is it's perfect. All we need now is Steve Schulte for an environmental minute or two.
Speaker 17: I see tree seven green.
Speaker 33: Red roses two, I see them blue.
Speaker 49: Following you, and I think to myself, what a wonder what.
Speaker 12: A wonderful world. Indeed, environmental engineer Steve Shilty back with us on a Saturday. Good morning, mister Silty, How are you good?
Speaker 28: White Gary?
Speaker 23: Jeff?
Speaker 28: Better than I deserve?
Speaker 12: As always, that was a weird buzzing on your phone there. So we're talking about Gregory Wrightstone, doctor Gregory wright Stone's latest book of Very Convenient Warming and the fifteenth anniversary of what you're calling climate gait.
Speaker 28: Talk to me, well, not what I call what was called, but okay, just a week ago got Gregor Wrightstone's Lewis book, A Very Confined Convenient Warming. How Modest Warming and more CO two are benefiting humanity? Oh, not yet to read it, but basically, we learn about the enormous benefits that are accruing to humanity from modest warming and increasing carbon dioxide by nearly every metric fers. Ecosystems are thriving, and human condition is improving. This notion of a prospering plant is entirely contrary to the claims of the climate crisis and looming disaster around every corner proclaimed by the climate industrial complex. I like that climate industrial complex.
Speaker 12: So that's that's that.
Speaker 28: Great, great Christmas present you can get on Amazon the Internet for as low as seventeen dollars a book so great I went through it. You know, even my late great school, definitely high school and college can easily read the book. And anything from Greg Whitestone is always super super good stuff backed by actual science. The next one is from heartland dot org our weekly climate weekly climate change number. It's five twenty seven, which I just got yesterday. Climate Gate revisited the fifteenth anniversary of the Climate Hopes exposure and it's been that long already. This month marks the fifteenth anniversary of climategat in the release of thousands of email among climate scientists showing them behaving very badly. The science scientists colluded and are still colluding to create the perception of man made climate crisis based on their perceptions but the way the world works, backed by computer model projections, computer models they helped build, and putting their own assumptions without about what affects global temperatures and instance of confirmed confirmation bias, circulatory reasoning or both.
Speaker 21: This should have.
Speaker 28: Put the end of climate catastrophism, and stad politicians science activists Broni Krapolis love that studiously ignored it and suppressed it while Reagan in trillions. We talked about this, Mary Jeff of dollars in the hopes of excepting themselves from the damage that they're inflecting on everybody else. Oh, it has amazing. It's been fifteen years and I just got a couple of quotes.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 28: I know that there's pressure to present a nice, tidy story as regards to a parent unprecedented warming and a thousand years or more in the proxy data, but in reality the situation is not quite that simple. How do you like that one, Gary Deff about data? Here's another one. Well, I have my own article on where the global warming. The fact is that we can't account for the lack of warming at the moment, and it is a travesty that we can't. It goes on. We have twenty five or so years invested in the work. Why should I make the data available to you when your aim is to try to find something wrong with it? This is from a doctor, Phil Jones, Director of Climate Research. Well, isn't that what scientists were supposed to do, Gary Jeff, to share the data because they want to know? Is it it the right way?
Speaker 38: Right?
Speaker 12: This is what review is all about It's very It's very simple, Steve. It's very very simple. If they tell you the truth that there's no crisis, then what happens to the money? It goes away, It goes away. Take care, brother, all right, thank you so much. At twelve after seven o'clock, seven hundred WLW Oh.
Speaker 42: I'm Jerry the gingerbread Man, and I'm Genet the gingerbread Woman. Those gingerbread people don't hang around that long this time of year.
Speaker 24: We've got to make the most of our time, how babe by five.
Speaker 42: That's why we listen to Eddie and Rocky. Oh my arm.
Speaker 17: They're fun and you can be a part of by thy.
Speaker 42: Legs and you can be a part of their show. They really make the holidays older.
Speaker 18: The headshot Eddie and Rocky, Monday afternoon at three on seven hundred w L.
Speaker 50: Over the past few years, the COVID nineteen pandemic has affected how we live our daily lives.
Speaker 47: Today, one in five Americans experience emotional and mental health challenges, but many of us do not understand what we are facing or how to ask for help.
Speaker 50: At the American Psychiatric Association Foundation, we work every day to eliminate stigma, combat mental illness and substance use disorders, and advance mental health.
Speaker 47: If you or someone you love needs help, you are not alone. Please visit mentallyhealthynation dot or org to learn more.
Speaker 12: Really a nice weekend, sunshine and warmer at tempts today up to forty two Tomorrow into the lower fifties. Monday we'll be up to about fifty four, but we've got rain on the way Sunday night into Monday, and then again on Monday evening as we start the new work week. It's twenty two now at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 48: Have you taken your family to dinner recently?
Speaker 3: Admit nice something?
Speaker 12: The first down of fitness in the Tri State. Roco Costellano joins us. You can find his writings at Rococostellano dot com and he does several papers a week, one of them that caught my eye and dragged at twelve feet because you may have heard the screaming headlines in the news over the last year or two about the h s N one avian flu and how the lethality of this virus is just so profound we all need to be on pins and needles. Roco, not so fast, right.
Speaker 38: Well, absolutely, I'm not so fast.
Speaker 23: And it's the H five.
Speaker 38: And one avian flu and the whole it's it's it's just another narrative. That's that's absolutely untrue, just like this COVID, you know, Kobe two a narrative. They they say that it's a lethal and they're doing incredibly insane things like culling, you know, flocks of chickens and ducks and and all the and our turkeys also, and then and there finding that if they just leave the virus to run its course, that most.
Speaker 23: Of the birds.
Speaker 35: Are live.
Speaker 38: And and the finding if you just kind of look, there's no bird deaths in zoos, there's no bird deaths in tanctuaries. And then they're saying that it's it's like jumping to a humans. And and the reason why it may even jump to a human, which which supposedly no one's kind of like, no one's showing big evidence of that. But if it has, it has been done by a human human intervention or a gain of a function of research. Now, if they're messing with these flus, with these viruses and gain of function.
Speaker 27: Of research, they're only doing.
Speaker 38: It for one reason, and one reason only to make it more virulent. But they keep saying that it's more virulent also. But you know, as we saw with with COVID, the uh, the more the more transmissible it was, the less likely it was going to be lethal.
Speaker 12: Yes, so because this is this is this is something that was ignored by even virologists during COVID to feed the uh, the false narrative that it was going to kill us all and we needed to lock ourselves in our houses and wear masks and uh take uh take these awful vaxed genes that are not safe nor effective. But that was the whole thing, is that if you can generate that kind of fear among people and a false narrative, even virologists ignored the fact that as a virus becomes more widespread, it becomes less lethal, not more.
Speaker 23: Well, they would be paid.
Speaker 38: You know, this is just another money grab by the pharmaceutical companies.
Speaker 23: And then you know.
Speaker 38: It's a you know, at some point there's gonna be something that has bad and no one's gonna believe it. They've been crying wolf way too much. And I I just think that this is you know, another time yet that's happened.
Speaker 12: So Roco since it's bird flu we're talking about. Let's call it the chicken little syndrome. Yeah, absolutely all right, Thank Rococostelano dot com. You get in touch time down for the Tom Davis diyries. I refer to them as the din And.
Speaker 19: Here is that man man morning, Gary, Jeff this week, how dare you accuse that man of being a carnivore? But first, a Connecticut man shocked families by stripping naked at the Papa Tees restaurant and Tolan, Connecticut. Customers say they were alarmed when Andrew Kinghorn decided to get up and start ripping his clothes off in the middle of the dining room. He was arrested for breach apiece and as he was hauled out to the car, he did not give a.
Speaker 12: Single hand for his strange behavior.
Speaker 19: And in another part of the country, another of our fellow Americans was also losing their mind. Seventy year old Margaret Moranch arrested after she started throwing objects from the balcony of her Myrtle Beach hotel. She was tossing items from the room down on to police. She was running up and down the hallways naked. She even spit a load of mouth wash into the face of a cop. This was her fourth time this year for being arrested drunk in public. Sometimes we just can't get into the holiday spirit. Take this woman from Saint Clair, Minnesota. She was recently charged with assault when she pointed her car at a crowd full of holiday cheer and hit the gas. Jim Allen was at a bank drive through when one of the workers told her to use another lane because this one was blocked with people putting up Christmas decorations. Well, instead of stopping, she ran the guy over. He's fine, She's being held on one hundred thousand dollars pond.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 19: And finally, a vegetarian has sued McDonald's not because they accidentally gave him meat, but because they accidentally gave him the wrong receipt that had menu items featuring meat printed on it. He was suing the Golden Arches for two hundred and thirty six thousand dollars for being mistakenly labeled as a carnivore. He said he suffered mental distress and public humiliation, and that it wasn't about the money show, it was about being heard and the court throughout the case McDonald's offered an apology and one dollar in eighteen cents as compensation. Next week, Carthief busted after writing about.
Speaker 12: It and his journal have a great weekend.
Speaker 9: Is there a special time you like to listen to Scot's Loans?
Speaker 19: Sloney is so smart and funny and genuine.
Speaker 17: I love to listen to him. Oh, I do too.
Speaker 19: Sometimes I put on something sexy to listen you naughty girl, and when my husband comes home.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it reminds me of how he's not sloaney.
Speaker 17: Neither is mine.
Speaker 9: It sucks.
Speaker 12: Hey, I heard that. You know you're no slowney either.
Speaker 9: Scott's Loan Monday morning at nine on seven hundred WLW, and check out his podcast on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: What's Up, y'all is Cam Jordan from the Norma Saints.
Speaker 9: Got to tell you.
Speaker 1: I'm to the low forties with lots of sunshine this afternoon tonight. We're only down to the low thirties before we wore back up into the fifties for your Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 17: You have rain move in late tomorrow night. In the Monday.
Speaker 1: From a severe weathers station, I'm nine First Morning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: I'm Bill Webber and I'm Adam Weber.
Speaker 32: You book your free design huddle online at rebout dot com.
Speaker 9: Don't let a plumbing problem ruin your day. Helpin Plumbing is the locally owned residential plumbing specialist offering a wide.
Speaker 45: This is a Bengals update twnt to you in part by runs American Grill and Kember Credit Union on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 26: Tony Pike stands by Tony. I was just sitting here and wonder a week after week why the Bengals continue to be favored in these games.
Speaker 12: Explain that to me, please, I can.
Speaker 35: At this point, I've got to imagine Cooper Rush in the Dallas offense with Ceedee Lamb, who's been playing better as a blade, is licking their chops at the opportunity to play against this defense. But I do think it goes to show just how good Joe Burrow in this offense have been that they can you to be favored in games when they've again shown the ability off season not to be able to beat a good football team.
Speaker 12: And he's AFC Player of the month and won one game in the month.
Speaker 35: Yeah, it really goes to show how good he's been, you know he is. He has done more with less, the way he's able to extend plays. He's been everything more than I think even people hoped he could be this year. And if this team is eight and four instead of four and eight, he's probably a front runner for MVP at this point this season.
Speaker 26: Yeah, and now news is going to play with that Logan Wilson not just against Dallas, but for the rest of the season. He's done Orlando Browns, so maybe not good.
Speaker 35: Yeah, Evan McPherson's not going to be kicking, So you know, this is this is part of the concern as well, when you when you're pretty much out of the race. You know, a lot of those guys understand that, Okay, maybe I've been playing with an injury or or something most of the season. It's time to get it corrected now and get yourself back to one hundred percent for the off season. So it's it's a byproduct of teams that are not going anywhere, and that's where this Bengals team is right now. So it's unfortunate, but it puts this team even more behind the eight ball. Yes, Logan Wilson because of his ability to tackle and be the leader of the defense. But if you really start to look at what could derail this season even more, if you're looking at not having your starting left tackle out there against the guy like Michael Parsons, those are hits you do not want Joe Burrow taking. Joe Burrow has taking a lot of hits over the last couple of weeks, So that is certainly something to watch going forward.
Speaker 26: Yeah, since I've pulled everybody else this week this defense, do you see it as something that could be a short term fix with a few key playmakers or is it a long term fix?
Speaker 35: To me, the more this goes, the more it feels like a longer term fix. I mean, they are short on all levels right now. The secondary is an absolute mess. I don't know how many guys you can rely on there going forward. There was really Logan Wilson, Jermaine Product has not been what he's needed to be, and you have the sock leader in the NFL in the B line, but not much after that. You hope Miles Murphy takes a step forward. You hope Josephosai takes a step forward. But the defense has more maybees than anything else, especially more than guys that you know for sure you can rely on.
Speaker 12: All Right, Gotta run, Tony Pike. Always a pleasure. Talk to you next week.
Speaker 35: Thanks Berner.
Speaker 40: Has your son or daughter achieved perfect attendance or made the honor roll at school? Take them to Ralph's American Grill to enjoy a free milkshake.
Speaker 1: Oh forties with lots of sunshine this afternoon tonight, We're only down to the low thirties before we warm back up into the fifties for your Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 17: You have rain move in late tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: In the Monday for a severe weather station, I'm nine first Morning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 15: WLW Radar Show's clear skies in the Trying State twenty two degrees. Our next update at eight o'clock. I'm Jack Crumley, News Radio seven hundred WLW News twenty four hours to day he was a radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 12: It's Big Hits, Birthday Bits and rock and roll archaeology on a Saturday morning on seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 51: Hey you everybody, get out of the screen. Now I need to roll over next day.
Speaker 7: You now.
Speaker 33: Pop Sweater and Postail.
Speaker 51: And copper Hord, Prince Faldas, Abigail Peach comastre A stands and just Bridge Podder that's love breaks Ladder ges hits from Acy.
Speaker 6: He takes a monkey and to watch and see das.
Speaker 51: Abuel Beech Domastree gj We're out in the hall classic they are written some classes.
Speaker 6: She's friend Fred She's going to be a lot.
Speaker 33: History Who.
Speaker 10: It's Abigail Teacher?
Speaker 12: Who the man they called Boom Boom Freddie Cannon. I believe I had a birthday this past week. To uh further detail this tale of an early version of Hot for Teacher. Jim le Barbara the music professor. Now what I thought about when we talked about doing Abigail Beecher this morning, Jim, the first thought that came to my mind was Van Halen's Hot for Teacher, because this was the same song about twenty years before.
Speaker 37: Right, Oh, man Freddy Cannon. On the Wednesday, Freddy Cannon had a birthday. He's retired from the business now he's out in California and came out of the Boston area. He was a regular on a television show TV Dance Show of Boston Ballroom, and his mom rootes a song called Walkin Roll Baby, and he made a little demo of it, and a couple of songwriters and producers by prun Frank Steg got ahold of it. They changed the lyrics and made it Tallahassee Lasting and nobody would record, nobody would would take him on as as a recording artist, and Swan Records was owned by Clark. Clark liked it, made the suggestion the hand clamps and with the emphasis on that woo woo woo, you you're injoing put him on the bandstand and I think came in the first of twenty two chart hits he had. And ironically he appeared on dicks like so American Bandstand one hundred and ten times Wow. And this song is one of the last things he did. And that's the teacher I think we all can identify with. I mean, here's the song. A teacher who comes into the faculty parking lot in the Jaguar, sloppy sweater, ponytail and he's in the classroom. She throws in a couple of teen dances and in between the classes he's in the hallway playing guitar and sunglasses instead of monitoring the wandering, the monitoring the kids, and then throws up the t PA meaning in red with a red surfboard. So I think, and her classes were always full. So I think that's something we all remember from high school as a teacher.
Speaker 12: I never had one of those. Did you have a teacher that was that was hip and hot?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 12: No I didn't.
Speaker 23: No, No, we always had when.
Speaker 12: You always wanted that, but you never got that I got. I got Miss Hoover. And Miss Hoover was a about five foot three, five foot two maybe five foot one, was probably about sixties years old, and had a mole on her chin with the hair growing out of it, and called her students and called her students critters. That's what I got. I didn't get anything close to an abide Abigail Beacher. Up next week, this posthumous birthday, we were celebrating.
Speaker 37: Correct, Yeah, yesterday Mike Smith I would have celebrated the birthday and he was with the Dave Clak five And as met fact, Tom Petty once said that Mike Smith. He said to Mike, he said, you know what it should shouldn't be the Day Clak five, it should be the Mike Smith five because he was the principal songwriter.
Speaker 23: He was the lead singer.
Speaker 37: Dave Clik had this little rock and roll band and he's looking for a singer. Well, this kid had been playing since I was thirteen, playing the Keyboys and singing, and then he found him in this hotel playing and he signed him up for his group and they had a cover song. It was a minor hit in England and he said in whish I started doing original material, and he said, why don't you write a song? So he took the title from the hit that was the hit or the song was done by a rock singer here in America, Uh grab all over, And it was done by Carl Perkins, and he rewrote the song and wrote different lyrics to its and came up with this this is a song you had in this collection and that became the first big hit that they had, and it knocked the Beatles I Want to Hold your Hand off the charts.
Speaker 20: And then they.
Speaker 37: Appeared on the Dick Clock on the South the Show like twelve times, and that Apparents' appearance wise, so they were more than like any other group that was going on at that time, but this was a song that he wrote and they utilized with the recording session the four track Taite machine to reverb. They put a speaker and a microphone in the concrete stairwell at the studio and it had that other effect to us. And they had that pounding drum. They found that that was real popular and they called it that Otenham sound and they integrated that that pounding beat into the song and this became the first hit record they had in the Invasion. Invasion, the first hit record after the Beatles came over. This was the first big hit record and uh, you can hear the stopping and clapping, the showering. It was the debut single of the day, Flight five written by a guy who didn't get as much credit as he certainly deserves over the years because he wrote so of these songs.
Speaker 23: For the group and was the great lead singer.
Speaker 37: Mike Smith and Glad all over it.
Speaker 29: Love the drums man, I'll make you have me you go.
Speaker 14: You'll not say don't I'm going to wait time to take me away, to take me away, but to know it by yourself, I'll stay stay nothing to.
Speaker 11: Your time and that time bestows as on man.
Speaker 33: And I'm feelings time to.
Speaker 14: Take me, take me away and stay stay.
Speaker 29: To the time, time consistent.
Speaker 14: He's only.
Speaker 12: It's rock and roll Archaeology on seven hundred w l W this Saturday morning edition, Gary Jeff with Jim Lebar the music Professor. As we go down this week's list, it was this week in nineteen sixty five that the Beatles released a landmark album, Jim Yeah.
Speaker 37: Robbie Stoul. And this was a milestone because it was the so the development as the songwriters. The Beatles were already making that move, you know. So the year after they invade America and from Reversoul, I was fascinated by Norwegian what this Bird has flown Now? Now John Lennon is a principal writer on this song, and he was influenced by the introspective lyrics of Bob Dylan's music. And it features This features a sitar by George Harrison. Now Georgia bought a cheap sitar. He was introduced to it by Dave Crosby and the Birds and took him forever to get this down on the record and then actually dubbed in later. But that Dave Corosby introduced him to it. He didn't know how to play it that well. Danny started it with Robbie Shankar, who helped him explore Eastern religion in Eastern music. And then this song the Norwegian what is the take wood? It was used to make Chief furniture and Paul McCartney came up with that because he was living with the Asherpam. He was good dating Jane Asher and their house was full of Norwegian wood, so that's how that came about. Now the song's lyrics are about well John Lennon he said he was trying to write about an affair without letting his wife Cynthia know that he was having one. It was sort of writing from his own experiences, things that the girl's flats and things like that, and he was very careful and paranoid because he didn't want his wife to know that there was really something going on outside.
Speaker 23: Of the household.
Speaker 37: And he always had, he said, he always had some kind of affair going on, but he was trying to be sophisticated. Didn't writing the bun in the fair, but such a smoke screen that that you couldn't tell. But this ended up becoming a giant hit record and for them one of the more identifiable sounds of certainly the introduction of the sitzar to pop music.
Speaker 23: Norwegian Wood and.
Speaker 12: It's written in twelve eight times like an old English folk song.
Speaker 52: I wanted a girl, or should I say she won send me.
Speaker 6: Geez, show me her room. Isn't it good?
Speaker 35: No?
Speaker 53: She had me to stay and she told me to sit anywhere round and I'm going to say on the jam.
Speaker 52: Sat on her rope, biting my time, drinking away, don't until too Then she said it's time.
Speaker 14: Tell me.
Speaker 54: She wor in alone and started alive. I told her I didn't call out to sleep.
Speaker 26: In the bag.
Speaker 29: When I.
Speaker 6: Was alone.
Speaker 9: A good bye.
Speaker 6: Isn't it good?
Speaker 12: Isn't it good? Norwegian Wood? Alex said, if you would when we're ready hit this last one in Jim Lebarbara, we're to the last on our list now, and we're talking about the great songwriter j J.
Speaker 23: Cale.
Speaker 37: Yeah, you know this guy never had a hit himself, but Neil Young Jennings. Eric Clapton described him as one of the most important artists in the history of rock and roll music. That guy came out of Tulsa Oklahoma. In high school, learned how to play the guitar and was into electronics and built his own recording studio. Graduates, goes out to Laura Fangelist, becomes a studio recording engineer and as a little group and he plays in different bars and clubs, and then comes to the realization he can't make it as a musician and wasn't making enough money as a studio engineer.
Speaker 9: He goes back home, comes back home and one.
Speaker 37: Of his buddy says, hey, you wrote that song.
Speaker 23: They're playing it on the radio.
Speaker 37: Eric Clapton singing.
Speaker 23: The songs you did well. What had happened was he did a song.
Speaker 35: J J.
Speaker 37: Kel wrote a song and recorded it with his band, The Leather Coded Minds, and it was never hit. It was the bat side of the record, never got played anywhere. But somehow Eric Clampton was impressed with the song, heard the song and included it in his first solo album, and it became the single from the album and many in the j J CaAl songs he's recorded, Cocaine and I'll Make Love to You Anytime. And for Clampton next cover was a big deal for JJ Kale because he said he was going through all kinds of financial difficulties, and when he heard Clampton's version playing on the radio, he said, I'm dirt poor, not making enough money to eat. I wasn't a young man. I was in my thirties, so I was very happy. It was nice to make some money. Nother a lot of how Clamping hit the song, a lot of different stories on how Eric Clampton knew the song. Clampton heard the song maybe in his car radio, went looking for it by the hall. These drummers. Jerry Allison was familiar with the song. Uh maybe he introduced it to Clampton when the two of them were working together the Landy Delaney Brandlet of Delaney and Bonnie knew about the song and suggested that Clapton covered it well. Where we did it, it became much a record for it JJ CA and for Eric Clapton. We're talking about after Midnight.
Speaker 12: Thanks Jimmy, thank you great stuff. We got a birthday coming up, man, we'll talk about that. Man remembering JJ CALE with this midnight.
Speaker 14: We don't let an.
Speaker 52: After midnight.
Speaker 33: We don't jug up shot.
Speaker 6: Yes day we got some action, we don't get some satisfaction.
Speaker 14: We don't find out what it is that.
Speaker 12: We don't let it out.
Speaker 33: Midnight.
Speaker 6: We don't shake your can talk comfy be you want, don't.
Speaker 52: Cont talk, can't suspicion, don't give an exhibition, don't find out what it is?
Speaker 33: All that.
Speaker 7: That do you mean?
Speaker 6: We don't lay all name.
Speaker 14: That mean?
Speaker 6: We don't lay all that.
Speaker 14: We don't.
Speaker 29: We can't tem.
Speaker 6: After midnight.
Speaker 14: So I'm gonna be this.
Speaker 6: You will change, don't cons tokien suspicion.
Speaker 52: Don't give an ex mission, don't find out why.
Speaker 31: After me?
Speaker 7: Were gonna lay.
Speaker 3: After midna?
Speaker 6: We're gonna lay on.
Speaker 23: After me.
Speaker 14: We don't let a.
Speaker 55: Thing after We're gonna letter.
Speaker 48: We don't take the fish had been shot by the price of that bill in.
Speaker 1: Recent semn We're all not going to be too bad of a weekend as tempters start off in the low twenties this morning, but we do climb to the low forties with some sunshine tonight. We're down to the low thirties before we hit the low fifties for your Sunday with rain late tomorrow night in the monday. For me severe weather station, I'm nine first winning meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: Radar show's clear skies in the tri State. The sun just now starting to come up. It's twenty two degrees. Our next update at eight thirty. I'm Jack Crumley, News Radio seven hundred WLUB.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: Insulate your home with USA Insulation call three eight one three six two six three eight one FOAM or on the web at USA Insulation dot Net.
Speaker 12: Into yet another hour of the Saturday Morning edition from Saturday, December seventh, twenty twenty four, Pearl Harbor Day. Amongst stubgle things none Before I proceed any further, it is important to always remember in this country the tragedy that happened on December seventh, nineteen forty one, when our naval base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii was viciously and suddenly attacked by the Imperial Japanese. Lost almost the entire US fleet in our navy, and twenty three hundred Americans perished in the space of an hour on a Sunday morning, and what was otherwise paradise, just like we should always remember September eleventh, two thousand and one, and we remember these not to be modeling or to live in the past because we remember them, so we do not have a repeat of history. You know, it's been more than eighty years since Pearl Harbor. You say at this point, like Hillary Clinton, what does it matter? It matters, It still matters, even if there are no living survivors from Pearl Harbor. It matters, and it should matter, and we should always remember.
Speaker 38: And with that.
Speaker 12: A Science Minute, Science Mike standing by on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 25: Yes, but as a knight of scientists, a bit surprising, all binding me.
Speaker 12: With it's a bit surprising, indeed, Hillo, Michael, how are you.
Speaker 27: Goes back to Lincoln's Gettysburg cup. Absolutely, we cannot dedicate, can consecrate, We cannot hallow this ground for the meta sacrifice. You know, it just keeps going on sometimes sadly.
Speaker 12: Maya, what's on your mind?
Speaker 13: Are you?
Speaker 27: We have another delay for the the Artemis mission. Let's see, a couple of years ago, twenty twenty two, we sent Artemis one up around the moon, came back and after testing. I don't know what it took two years to get to this point, but the heat shield heat shield failed. They probably the question is that I had the same question is why what's the difference between the heat shield that we're using on the Artemis program and the heat shield we're using on that we used on Apollo, Because the Apollo is seemed to work so well. It's the same it's the same material. They call it Avocat, and that was actually developed in the sixties. We're still using it today. The Apollo mission had a monolithic heat shield, is one piece with carbon fibers and bedded. Seeing it down at the Smithsonian and you actually it's like you see the charring of it, like like a birch charcoal.
Speaker 12: But now on the Artemus.
Speaker 27: It's a one hundred and eighty six kind of segmented blocks.
Speaker 12: We talk together.
Speaker 27: What happened was this heat shield it has to go from five thousand degrees down to two hundred degrees on the thickness of it, and it comes in it comes in about five, you know, five thousand degrees fahrenheit, and trying to dissipate all that energy from the coming in. And what happens is that the spaceship, the landing of the crap will actually bounce on the atmosphere to lose energy and then the heat shield it kind of works through it and then it comes through and we all seen the video of the splashdout there. But the gas got in between the tiles and couldn't. The thermal energy expanded the gas and it couldn't. It didn't, it couldn't escape, So it really blew off segments of the of the of the of the segment of tiles or blocks i'll call them. They're not so much tiles as it was on space. So these now they have to redesign it, and they're not coming out with the actual root cause of why it failed for another end of December. For some reason. They're still going to go ahead with the Artemis two programmed but delayed six months. They're going to just change the re entry path to lower the UH, to decrease the energy of the heat of it. And this man mission is going to be put off another another year till twenty twenty seven, So we'll see what the actual root cause of the the heat shield. The NASSA budget for last year was twenty seven billion dollars and twenty two million of it was in DEI spend. They may want to out reallocate that too.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, thank you for R and D.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Two things. Elon Musk can help with DEI spending, and he's got some pretty smart engineers working for him. So I think between the two of those things.
Speaker 27: You had April was it? Paula seventeen was fifty years Uh looked it off. This the sadly more people watch I love Lucy rerun than the thin A list off.
Speaker 12: Soly I love Lucy reruns. We're pretty good to take care seven hundred WLW. I don't know why you'd miss any of our shows. Maybe you went out to lunch and a sushi joint and got a bad plate of foo goo.
Speaker 47: You feel so well.
Speaker 9: So you were rushed to the hospital where they pumped all the foo goo out of you, or I don't know, maybe another reason. It really doesn't matter. Just remember you can always listen to the podcast of your favorite seven hundred WLW shows on the free iHeartRadio app USA three eight one visit online at USA installation dot net.
Speaker 12: That bad at all sunshine and a high up to forty two today fifty two tomorrow. The rain comes in on Sunday night, mainly overnight into Monday morning, in a high then of fifty four, and there's another round of rain possible Monday night into Tuesday just ahead.
Speaker 48: Have you taken your family to dinner recently?
Speaker 3: Have been shocked?
Speaker 14: That's no day. Let's go.
Speaker 11: Monday because cad and time and challenda.
Speaker 12: Let's go to and let's go to Brother Rick Green from Spirit Works Cincinnati with some positivity the word of God on a Saturday morning at eight fifteen, Brother Rick, how are you and I'm doing?
Speaker 49: Go Gary, Jeff, pray for one of my dear sisters. She went to meet with the Lord on Monday. The Slowmer family. We are the miss Lee Sa. We just wanted to left our family and prayer. She had a beautiful warman, Gary, shef be mes.
Speaker 12: Amen. Amen, you know the grievings just for us because we're still here on earth. The joy is theirs because they're in glory with God. And that's the thing we need to remember. I mean, the prayers are you said to lift up the family in their time of grief, But your sister is already just dancing and delighting in heaven. We have to believe that. We have to believe that. And you know why you mentioned prayers. Prayers for my friend Ron Wilson, who does the in the garden show on fifty five KR see opposite me on Saturday mornings, and you know, it's become part of my habit, part of my Saturday morning routine regiment, if you will, to see Ron and to talk with Ron, and he's not doing well. I heard he was not feeling well at all. So we want to lift Ron Wilson up for him to be healed. And also my friend Roger Peterson, who I work with at the bar there in Newport, needs our prayers as well. So with that business out of the way, what have you got for us this morning?
Speaker 23: Today?
Speaker 49: We have First John, chapter four, verse sixteen. It says, and so we know and rely on the love of God. I longer I messed it all up.
Speaker 12: It's all right.
Speaker 27: So we know and rely on the love God has. For God is love. Whoever lives in God lives in love and God in them.
Speaker 12: Amen.
Speaker 3: I've not done want to be so difficult this morning.
Speaker 12: No, it's fine, but it's fine. It's not like it's not like you're being graded. Rick. Don't worry about it. You let me, you let me worry about all that.
Speaker 35: You just do what you do.
Speaker 12: I didn't even ask, did the Turkey turn out.
Speaker 49: Okay, oh great, now with the best starting now, I'm hooked on smoke turkey.
Speaker 17: I never taped the one.
Speaker 12: I loved it so it did. It didn't make anybody sick. Everybody was good. That's all I care about.
Speaker 23: I definitely lovely to care loved it.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 49: I don't know if we're going back, you know, to the traditional turkey.
Speaker 12: The smoke is really good. All right, brother, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Love you, take care, love hearing you guys, have a blest day you as well. Our friend keep Sake Kim has been waiting to talk to us, and I'm sure there's a special event she would like to touch. Good morning, Kimmy, how are you?
Speaker 56: It was good morning, Gary, Jeff, Yes, thank you for that wonderful weather forecast for tomorrow. Tomorrow is our luminaria down in Lookout Square, Yes, and actually through my lookout So it's just beautiful to come down and drive through our neighborhood. Everybody lights up luminarias and then we have.
Speaker 43: This wonderful.
Speaker 56: Events in the square where we have hot chocolate and cookies and some mores, and Bruce will be tending the fire.
Speaker 12: And I was gonna. I was going to ask, uh, is Santa Claus going to be there? And will he be sober?
Speaker 56: Well, the real Sanna will be there, Bruce will be tending the fire, so depending on but actually, uh, Santa will be at the studio today and tomorrow.
Speaker 38: And you might know who that is.
Speaker 12: Of course I know who Santa is.
Speaker 56: Yeah, yeah, you know them personally, yes, yeah, So it's going to be a great day. Come down to the square, enjoy Charlie right through the community and have some hot chocolate.
Speaker 12: Is Santa still taking bribes to get you on the nice list?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 46: I have the priv him every year.
Speaker 12: So what times Illuminaria begin tomorrow and Mount look at Kim.
Speaker 23: It's from six to eight six to eight pm.
Speaker 56: Wel Africa.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and then you have the celebration in Mount Lookout Square. Thank you so much and have a wonderful Christmas.
Speaker 23: Dear.
Speaker 12: We'll be seeing you soon, I'm sure.
Speaker 56: Yes, absolutely takes care.
Speaker 12: Twenty minutes twenty minutes past eight o'clock on seven hundred WLW, what's you guy? This morning?
Speaker 9: At nine Mike Allen fights the latest wave of ridiculousness with karate like discipline. On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: We'll hear the radio ads about the IRS. They tell you to be afraid, to be scared, and they try to frighten you into calling. I'm not here to do that. Tax Relief Advocates is different. TRA is here to tell you that if you owe money to the IRS, whether it's five thousand and fifty thousand or five hundred thousand, we have a solution. It doesn't matter if you're sitting in your car, at work, or with your kids. No matter where you are, call now eight hundred five ninety nine twenty four. Don't lose hope. TRA can eliminate or reduce what you owe to the IRS. Generous programs are now available that can give you a fresh start. Our passion is taxes and helping individuals fix their IRS problems. We have over one thousand and five star reviews on Google and an eight plus with a better Business Bureau. You don't need to be afraid of the IRS any longer and your tax nightmare today by visiting us online at TRA dot com or call eight hundred five to seven five ninety nine twenty four. That's eight hundred five to seven five ninety nine twenty four. Tax Relief advocates real solutions for real people.
Speaker 9: Imagine a world where animals and humans.
Speaker 1: Co exist in hard but we do climb to the low forties with lots of sunshine this afternoon tonight, We're only down to the low thirties before we warm back up into the fifties. For your Sunday afternoon. You have rain move in late tomorrow night into Monday form severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Seven one hundred. WA. Let's do it one last time.
Speaker 12: Let's do it one last time, Alex Egan. We got high school championship results from last night, yes, and more games today. Talk to me, Yes, we do.
Speaker 16: All eyes were in Canton, Ohio last night for the Archbishop Moehler versus OL and Tangy Liberty game. It was a huge TD late in the third quarter that brought Ol in Tangy to win twenty eight to fourteen.
Speaker 12: That's all she wrote. Moeller has mister Ohio Yes football their quarterback. He is just a junior, so he's coming back next season for another round of action. Nice. Yeah, so their fortunes may not be with this loss.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So Last night there was another game in Kentucky. Championship game right.
Speaker 16: Yes, the Beechwood Tigers faced off against Owensboro Catholic, with the Tigers up on top fifty to thirty four.
Speaker 12: Two games today in Kentuck.
Speaker 16: Yes, the Ryle Raiders and the Trinity Shamrocks go outed at four pm at Kroger Field. That's at UK and then at eight pm the Cooper Jaguars and the Bowling Green Purples go ahead to head.
Speaker 12: Gifts from Walley coming up afternoons and then a chat with Mo Eggers. We continue on the Saturday morning edition seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 43: Sarah Spain for Iheartwomen's Sports presented by Capital One. A couple matchups between ranked college basketball teams to keep an eye out for this weekend. Tonight at nine pm Eastern, Number two Yukock takes on number twenty two Louisville on Fox. Tomorrow at seven pm Eastern on ESPN two, it's a big one, Number three South Carolina taking on number nine TCU, authors of that big upset.
Speaker 17: Win over Notre Dame last week.
Speaker 43: For more women's sports stories, subscribed A Good Game with Sarah Spain on iHeart Podcasts as.
Speaker 32: A founding partner of iheardwomen's sports network, Capital One wants to help you hear more about today's top female athletes and keep more money in your wallet with Mark.
Speaker 45: By Skyline, Chilly and Hawksworth's Blood Centers on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 26: A few and its's been with Bengals head coach Zach Taylor and coach we have McPherson out for probably a couple of weeks in the looks of things.
Speaker 12: Did that injury the growing injury happen in the game last week.
Speaker 23: He talked a little bit of tightness. He didn't know it would be severe enough to miss miss a game or any time. But then after the game we got to fixed or looked at and he'll miss some.
Speaker 12: Time there to tell us a thing or two about Caid York.
Speaker 23: Kit tenness League been umpowered. A couple of teams brought some kickers in this week and he was the top one of the group. He'll be our kicker this week against Dallas.
Speaker 26: All right, Speaking of potential injuries, we have maybe Logan Wilson and Orlando Brown kind of gimpy and then off.
Speaker 12: The practice squad. You brought in Shaka Hayward and Andrew Stuber, and we take from that that maybe they might not be in the game.
Speaker 23: There's a chance. Well we'll get through the week and see where it ends up, but yeah, there's a chance. To walk to you some other guys.
Speaker 26: Press conference on Monday, you said the defensive issues was not a case of effort.
Speaker 12: What do we talk it up to?
Speaker 23: Poor tackling? You know, we've got to close the space there's too much air between some of the ball carriers and receivers that are getting involved, and find a way to create some more turnovers, you know, which we had to have a three or four turnover game, you know, and give our offense some extra possessions and be able to run away with one of these things.
Speaker 26: And the quality of play between the offense and defense is stark, as we know. The debate, you know, around here and on the air is whether or not the fixing the defense is a short term or a long term fix.
Speaker 12: What are your thoughts.
Speaker 23: I think we got guys with the right mentality and we just got to get more out of everybody, you know, as a unit. And there's things offensively and special teams we can do to help win some of these games as well. So it's not on any one person in or a group or position group, and just got to find a way to a team to get some wins here right.
Speaker 26: Previewing the Cowboys, what issues are you looking at? Were they tough starts with Michael Parsons.
Speaker 23: Yeah, he's one of the best players in the league. They move him around quite a bit. He can wreck a lot of games. Mike Zimmer right in Schottenheimer, they've been doing this thing for a long time. So they got good schemes on both sides of the ball. And you know, they've won two games in a rownown, so they'll have some some juice point at home on Monday night. Foot ball and our guys gotta be rdied roll and I know that.
Speaker 26: They will absolutely all right. Listen, best of luck on Monday night. Thanks so much. I'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 1: Thank you help state climes and our climb to the low forties with lots of sunshine this afternoon tonight, we're only down to the low thirties before we wore back up into the fifties. For your Sunday afternoon, you have rain move in late tomorrow night into Monday from a severe weather station. I'm nine first Morning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: Radar show's clear sunny skies in the tri State twenty three degrees at your severe weather station. Our next update at nine o'clock. I'm Jack Crumley, News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: Good Morning, Kids Time, Well gifts from Wally sadm hearing coverage with your new Medicare plan. Ninety two year old Jones goes to the doctor for his every six month physical. A few days later, the good doctor sees Jones walking down the street with a gorgoues I mean hot young lady on his arm. A couple days later, the doc sees Jones at the coffee shop and walks up to him and says, are you really doing great, aren't you? And Jones says, well, just doing what you told me to do, doctor, Get a hot mama, and be cheerful. The doctor said that I didn't say that, Jones. I said you've got a heart murmur. Be careful.
Speaker 32: Seven hundred WLW Cincinnati, Available everywhere with the iHeartRadio, Appyell number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 12: Man, if you're suffering from a rectile to Jeff W LW, Rounded Dirt and ver Home. Well, the culmination of high school football college football getting down to the nitty gritty and the brass tacks. The Bengals still have to uh have to play games on their schedule. To talk about all that and possibly more, the one and Only mow Egger joins us again.
Speaker 23: Hey mo, what's going on?
Speaker 12: Well? First thing, what's going on is I noticed that, you know, sad here in town for Molar fans as they fell to Ola Tangy Liberty last night and the game in Canton for the state championship. But man, they got a lot to look forward to. There's no transfer portal in high schools, is there? As far as you know, you don't have.
Speaker 35: To interport, You don't have to enter a portal with transfer.
Speaker 23: You just transfer, You just transfer.
Speaker 12: Okay, Well, hopefully they can hang on to their quarterback Matt Panitized.
Speaker 35: We've had the free yeah, you see right about that. We've had the free agency in high school football for years that are just now getting in college football right.
Speaker 12: But back to Ponitowski, this quarterback for Mohler. He's a junior, he's coming back. He won the Gatored Ohio Football Player of the Year award. And now listen to this. In high school, these are incredible numbers.
Speaker 14: Mo.
Speaker 12: He threw for four thousand and seventy five yards and fifty six touchdowns for the Crusaders this year. Those are those are like unheard of numbers usually for high school football because you think about high school football and it's generally, you know, more of a running game. You know, the rue pass option is all over that. But four thousand yards in a season is pretty incredible, you know.
Speaker 35: And and did a lot of that in the postseason when they were playing really good teams.
Speaker 38: Right.
Speaker 35: I think he's gonna have have a really fun next couple of weeks. Just in terms of getting college offers. My understanding is he was at the Ohio State Michigan game. Last week. I'm I'm sure how impressed he was with the Buckeyes, but I guess that's a different story. You're right, you look at those numbers, you know, you sometimes see quarterbacks put up those sort of numbers in you know, Southern states or places where maybe the high school football isn't regarded as nearly as good as.
Speaker 23: It is here.
Speaker 35: I don't think you've seen numbers that look like that in this part of the country. It's pretty pretty amazing.
Speaker 23: Yep.
Speaker 12: There were already some conference championship football games in college. Last night, Army prevailed over tou Lane, and I knew. I knew Boise State was going to win. You can't lose on blue turf. They beat UNLV and the team that I almost was almost was my all my monitor Western Kentucky got drilled by Jackson State in the Conference USA championship game last night, fifty two to twelve. And today there's a full slate of games. I'd just like to go through a few of them with you and see where you're at on him. At noon, we got to kickoff between Ohio State and Arizona State. That's Big twelve, right.
Speaker 35: I always state in Arizona State. Yes, Big twelve championship game Iowa State and Arizona State. Arizona State. One of the cooler stories in all of college football with a coach who's my guy, Kenny Dillingham. Here's why I like this dude. He went on the podium two weeks ago and said his players are underpaid. That's the sort of boss I want to work for. Iowa State was undefeated, rank tent in the country in late October and then defensively kind of fell apart a little bit. Quite frankly, I thought UC should have beaten him in that game. In that game in Aimes a few weeks ago, Arizona State has one of the most interesting and fun players to watch in all of college football, cam Scataboo. This conference championship game is I think a little bit lower on the list of marquee Conference title games because you don't have some of the bigger brands in it. But you have two really well respected head coaches, two good programs, and one I think is going to be a really interesting game.
Speaker 12: Today Clemson and SMU this evening, the Tigers against the Mustangs. How do you see it where at lastly.
Speaker 35: The coach at SMU has done a bang up job. I can't think of anybody who's rooting for Clemson because Dabo Sweeney, to me, is one of the most unlikable coaches in the country. But you know, one of the things that I think is interesting about college football this year is Look at the schools that are in conference championship games across the board. You've got schools who have moved from other conferences. Right, So Oregon comes to the Big Ten, plays in the Big Ten title game, Texas comes to the SEC, plays in the SEC title game. SMU comes from outside the quote power five and in year one in the ACC makes the conference championship game. Kind of goes to show that there were some really good programs in the American Athletic Conference. We knew how good UC was a couple of years ago, we know how good SMU is now. Mustangs are a lot of fun to watch. I don't know that they win the game today, but I'm excited to watch.
Speaker 12: You mentioned Penn State Oregon in the Big Ten Conference championship game today, number three versus number one Oregon, who is one of the only two teams this season that beat Ohio State and Penn State. They're only lost to Ohio State. Is is this going to fall true to form?
Speaker 23: In this game?
Speaker 12: Is Oregon Gorgon Oregon going to prevail?
Speaker 35: My guess is yes. You know, James Franklin has his team in the Big Ten title game in position for maybe a bye in the college football playoffs, but games like this right against marquee opponents and teams have often at least offensively fallen short. Happened earlier this season against Ohio's date. Interested in seeing if that happens against the Ducks.
Speaker 12: And finally, Georgia and Texas. As you mentioned the SEC title game, which many times in the past has been a harbinger of who wins the national championship, and it could be again this time. But this game is very very h The bowl game or the championship game itself, is very very problematic for Memo, and I'll tell you why. Apparently a bulldog is okay inside a stadium, but a longhorn is not. They're both teams' mascots. This is this is bovine discrimination at its magina. This is just crazy. How come bevo is not allowed inside the stadium and Ugga is.
Speaker 35: It doesn't make any sense to me either. I don't like it at all, and on behalf of all bovine h I'm I guess I should be rooting for Texas. You know, this is a game that's a rematch Texas and Georgia played in Austin and the Bulldogs had their way with them. This not a Georgia team though that has looked like the teams that won consecutive national championships. Georgia Tech had him on the ropes last week and that game that went eight overtimes. There have been times this year where I thought Texas was the best team in college football. I think this is going to be a great game today and maybe a little a little inspiration provided by Beva. Where does Bevo for the game?
Speaker 23: Though?
Speaker 21: Right?
Speaker 35: If if he can't be at the game, where do they have him during the game?
Speaker 12: I you know, I heard that the negotiations were stalled. I'm sorry I couldn't resist. All right, you see back in action on the court tomorrow against some guy named Howard.
Speaker 35: Break it down, Well, the Bearcats will beat Howard tomorrow. Although Howard last season, the game they played U see played at Howard last year and the game, is my memory is correct, went to overtime, ended up being a really good game. This is a better UC team, but they're coming off there for loss. And I think the lesson the Bearcats learned in that game, or hopefully learned in that game, was they're going to have to figure out a way to beat teams where the other team has the best individual player, because I think we knew that going in about Villanova kid named Eric Dixon, who was unbelievable on Tuesday Night. You knew going in he was going to take most of their shots. Villanova attempted forty nine field goals. He shot twenty four of them. Best player on the floor. I think you see has to figure out a way to win games where that's the case. And there's gonna be a lot of games like that in the Big Twelve where the other team has an NBA guy to the Bearcats have the better team, to the Bearcats have the better players two through five or three through five. I think that was the lesson. I thought the frustrating thing about that game from a Bearcat perspective was just how much the offense stalled. And that can't be the case. You know, obviously there's going to be intense focused this week on the Skyline Chili Crosstown Shootout. But when they get in the league play and they play teams better than Villanova, and they played teams that have of you know, not just possible NBA players, but definitive NBA first round draft choices. How can the whole of their parts overcome a team that has a great individual player. It could not on Tuesday night.
Speaker 12: And you mentioned the crossdown shootout coming up, Zavier, you're trying to bounce back from a loss as well. Tell me about the Musketeers.
Speaker 35: Yeah, losses in two of their last three games, and their one win was a game against South Carolina State that they very easily.
Speaker 23: Could have lost.
Speaker 35: I just I watched them, and I still feel like Shawn Miller is trying to figure out who can do what. You know, They've got a kid by the name of Ryan Conwell who came from Indiana State, who is excellent, who looks like a big East start, and it was a big part of that great Indiana State team last year. Beyond that, I think he's really still trying to figure out who can do what, and they're going to struggle struggle against teams that have really good, skilled big players. I think you saw that when they lost to Michigan last week and maybe to a degree against TCU. But if there's a coach in college basketball you could trust to figure it out at Sean Miller. The thing is, by the bullets really start to fly for the Musketeers because they played Cincinnati before Christmas. They'll play UC ranked in the top twenty five. They'll play Yukon, who, despite all of Yukon struggles, is still a Yukon and they play a really, really good Marquette team. So Sean Miller is somebody that you count on to figure it out. But he's got to figure it out quickly.
Speaker 12: I talked to a UK fan yesterday at the Barmow and he was just bemoaning the loss, UK's first loss or their last game, and said that he thought that it was a coaching thing that Pope just was letting them let the three pointers fly, and they weren't hitting them, they were bricking them. Any word on UK because I get people asking me about Wildcats all the time and how we never talk about the Wildcats. So here we go, UK fans, we're talking about the Wildcats. Talk to me.
Speaker 35: I think if you're a Kentucky fan worried about your head coach, that worry is misplaced. Oh look, it's hard to go on the road and play high major competition in Division one college basketball, and people don't want to hear that, but it just is Mark Pope is doing a really good job and offensively, I thought in that game the end of the night, you're right, I mean they there was things kind of fell apart when the game got tight and some of the shots that had gone in against lesser competition did not. But I liked their roster. They have a guy as a University of Dayton alum, Kobe Braa played for the Flyers last season and I thought was sort of misused. Mark Pope was figured out a way to use them. They're not your typical Kentucky team when you just look at this roster full of do to who are destined to the NBA, It's not quite like that, although they certainly do have pros. I love how they play. They play a more modern offense. When they have been at their best this season, they've been real, really fun to watch. The SEC is really good. You saw that this week in their head to head matchups against the ACC. But Kentucky's and NCAA tournament team. Kentucky's a team that could win the SEC. Kentucky's a team that could have a high seed in the NCAA Tournament.
Speaker 12: What's the big difference between Calipari and Pope.
Speaker 35: Well, I think just from a strategic standpoint, there's lots of differences stylistically, personality wise.
Speaker 23: I think if there was a a a.
Speaker 35: Common criticism of Kentucky basketball in recent years, it's that offensively, number one, their teams were outdated. And number two, I think if you watched them over the last three or forty years, you know, whenever they would play a close game, including in the NCAA tournament, most notably in the NCAA Tournament, in the last three or four minutes, they just wouldn't execute, right. I mean, if if you're a UK fan, unfortunately you got so used to in the final three or four minutes of the game there being a shot clock violation or a possession that went nowhere and a guy took a bad shot at the end of it. What I see as a team that's running a more modern offense, there's a lot more movement. There's a lot more movement off the ball, and at the end of games. Maybe not so much against Clemson, but certainly against Duke a few weeks ago, they executed and they got off good shots. Caller Perry was a great John Callip.
Speaker 27: This should be a.
Speaker 35: Statue of John Caliperry outside Roberina. I think the anger at him is a little bit misplaced. He did a remarkable job there, revived the brand, went to a bunch of final fours, won the school's most recent national championship. But I think things got stale, and I think that was reflected by how they play offense in recent years. And I don't see that nearly to the same degree with Mark popencharge.
Speaker 12: Do the Dallas Cowboys win their fourth straight game against the woeful Bengals in Dallas on Monday night.
Speaker 23: Mo Well, I gotta tell you.
Speaker 35: Man, if I'm Ceedee Lamb, if I'm a Dallas skill player, I'm excited as hell to watch this Bengals defense come to town. You know, it's remarkable. Joe Burrow was named AFC Offensive Player of the Month, and his team lost three of the four games they played. They've scored ninety nine points in the last three games, haven't won any of them. I got to be honest with you, man, as great as he has been, as awesome as Jamar Chase has been, I'm taking a Bengals defense on the road that can't stop anybody. If I'm a Dallas fan, I feel really good about my team's chances on Monday.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I do too. And Joe Burrow deserves so much better, he really does. At you know what, we had this discussion, another bar discussion, and you know, somebody was talking about Joe Burrow, and I said, remember Dan Marino. Dan Marino threw for all those yards, scored all those points, was so great. Team never won a Super Bowl.
Speaker 35: Well, and the parallel, well, the parallel is Marino goes to a Super Bowl year two and they don't win it, and that game was not really competitive. But everybody just sort of shrugged their shoulders, including Dan Marino himself, and said, oh, he'll be back. And it never happened. And I would be lying to you if I told you that. In the aftermath of the Bengals lost in the Super Bowl a couple of years ago, I didn't think about that, And you can't help but think about that. Look, Joe has years to play, right, and he's playing at a really high level, but it's really hard to get there. Dan Marino never got back despite putting up hllasis numbers. You talk about somebody who you wish would have played under modern rules. They never had a running game they never had a defense and they wasted his greatness. I think there's a legitimate fear the same thing might happen here.
Speaker 12: Yeah, indeed, listen, I have a fantastic weekend. We'll listen for you on b ball tomorrow and enjoy the season, sir, all right, man, thanks, all right? Mo Eger with us this morning, counselor what's going on? Same old stuffy? How you have the same old stuff?
Speaker 23: Come on?
Speaker 12: It was pardon week in Washington.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot about that.
Speaker 12: Well, what's on the show today, Well, we're going to talk.
Speaker 31: About that, obviously, and we're also going to talk to Steve Gooden legal analysts. I'm gonna ask him to break the pardon down, explain it what it means. And you know, I don't think a lot of people realize Biden pardoned two people, he pardoned Hunter, and he also pardoned himself.
Speaker 12: Yes he did, because this gets him off the hook for.
Speaker 31: The whole Biden crime family thing where they racked up twenty million bucks and gave it to seven of their grandkids as well as everybody else.
Speaker 12: So I don't know, it's just a shame. And then to get away with it and here's the reason that they haven't gone after him more than they should have to this point, Joe, because half of the members, be they Republican or Democrats, have done the same thing I don't know about to the extent that Biden did to the extent but in the spirit of selling your country out to foreign interest of taking cash, how do you go from making one hundred something thousand a year to being a millionaire after one term?
Speaker 31: Ask Nancy Pelosi. Well, I'll tell you exactly. There's exhibit A.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they never they never would really fully go pedal to the medal against Joe because they don't want their own sins exposed. Hey, yeah, I just wanted to mention.
Speaker 31: I'm also going to be talking about something really important that broke this week. There's a petition afoot to get on the ballot a constitutional amendment to take away qualified immunity for cops.
Speaker 12: And that's a real bad idea. Steve Gunn's going to break that down too. Fantastic Saturday Midday Mike Allen coming up next. Thank you for tuning in After the show show. If you want to come by and watch some good college football or whatever else is going on, have a cold beer will be there eight fifty seven seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: We'll hear the radio ads about the irs. They tell you to be afraid