Speaker 1: Good late evening, everybody. Are we all ready for fire up?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? If you stay ready, you ain't got to get ready.
Speaker 1: That's true. Well, I have a great crew tonight, mister Taylor Phillips, thank you for being back on the program tonight.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yes.
Speaker 1: And then my co host, mister j D Southern Fride, gentlemen, how are you tonight?
Speaker 2: I'm doing well, doing well, excited to have a great show. We've got some great content coming.
Speaker 4: Up for you.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 4: It's a pleasure to have Taylor on with us. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: And yeah, man, we got a lot of stuff going on. We're going to talk about it all throughout the show and can't wait.
Speaker 1: There's lots of stuff happening in the sports world, even though let's face it, it's what a week or two weeks away from Hall of Fame game? Isn't that coming up real soon?
Speaker 4: Thirty first of July, I'm pretty sure, yeah, which is like.
Speaker 1: A little over a week away or something. Yeah, a week from tonight? Actually yeah, crazy a right speaking of that though, right now is like I can tell you the ACC kickoff, So college football media days they're all happening. ACC was the last couple of days. I know the American Conference theirs is the next couple or was today and tomorrow, Like a lot of college football is starting to heat up. Two. So for those of you that love football, which would be me that time of year again, yeah, so excited, so excited. And if you're a baseball fan, baseball is like in the swing of things, so that's always good. Taylor, what's your favorite sport?
Speaker 3: I like all baseball, football, hockey, and basketball.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so this is a good time of year for you.
Speaker 3: Yes, JD.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite sport?
Speaker 2: I would have to go college football. I love college football, and then of course I played baseball. They're a very close second. I love all sports though, like Taylor said to you, I mean college basketball, literally watching Little League World Series softball, Women's Little League World Series is literally on my TV right now. So give me competition sports, give it to me injected into my veins.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Well, let's see the title of the show is previewing the NFL's NFC and AFC East, and of course there's some more topics, but we're gonna start out with the NFL because NFL is like pretty key, pretty big stuff. Right now, NFC East. We're gonna start with Eagles, Commanders, Cowboys, and Giants.
Speaker 4: JD.
Speaker 1: What do you think about the NFC East this year?
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: I can't say that they're the best football conference. I would probably have to give that to them the AFC West. But as far as the Eagles, can they repeat as division winners? Obviously they're primed to mm hmm Washington. Who knows Jaden Daniels might have a sophomore slump. That virtual one and a half time speed that he plays might not help him out this year. My co host Willow, she might chime in a little bit this evening. She obviously is disagreeing with something I say. But the NFC East in general is very intriguing. Obviously you got the Cowboys, the Giants. I still don't understand how Brian day Ball has not been fired, but they seem to love the guy. I know a lot of people vouch for him. I don't necessarily think he should be gone, but I think his seat should be hot.
Speaker 4: So NFC East, Yep, very good word, very good word, Taylor.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'll end it with that, though, I mean, the Giants are loyal to day Ball. You've seen the Saquon Barkley clips. I would lose sleep if we lost him and then it happened. I mean the Giants, golly, I would love them to be good, but as they're going to be the bottom dweller in the NFC East again this year.
Speaker 1: Taylor, your thoughts about the NFC East.
Speaker 3: The Philadelphia Eagles are the Super Bowl champions. I think that I think they'll repeat unless some other team cuts back on, you know, turning the ball over for example, the Lions. The I can't remember who made the playoffs last year. But yeah, also yeah, the Commanders, Yes, they're they're a juggernaut too. In second place. Like Jad said, Daniels might be in a sophomore slam, but we'll see. But the Commanders have loaded weapons. The Lions have loaded weapons. The Eagles have loaded weapons. The Giants and Cowboys are still at the bottom dwellers seller of the NFL. That's it.
Speaker 1: Mark Livingston says, Brian Dabele deserves the benefit of the doubt. Vincelim Bartie couldn't coach that team. Wow, that's pretty harsh. Yeah, uh, but I agree with you guys. The Eagles Commanders, I I can't see the Eagles not taking that. I mean, who have they really lost now?
Speaker 2: Well, and to Mark's comment, he was the one I was specifically mentioning that has defended Brian day Ball.
Speaker 4: To me, Mark, Mark is the one, and he's an Eagles fan.
Speaker 2: I feel like he might be like two sided in this, like, yeah, please keep Brian Dayball. We keep beating him, like, don't fire him. We like the guy here in Philadelphia. Like, that's just really weird to me, Mark, that you're rooting for a rival team, do not fire their head coach. I'm just saying, you got a little shady business going on there, Mark, What do you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe he wants to keep the Giants where they're in the bottom of the you know, NFC East so AFC East Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots. So my question, it's gonna be a two part question for this one. Is there a surprise team this year from them from that division? And do you think who is going to take the division?
Speaker 3: Pretty simple, the Bills are gonna are definitely gonna take the division. There is no surprise team in the AFC, the AFC East. The Dolphins are still struggling even with a tackle a poa tagaloa. The Jets are still being the butt fumble and then the Patriots, Oh god, just terrible, absolutely terrible. No wonder Bill Belichick left them for the University of North Carolina Tara Hills as head coach.
Speaker 1: But do you think Rabel will change that team.
Speaker 3: As far as I'm concerned, No, unless he proves me wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, j D, what do you think?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 2: That was the only thing I think from what Taylor said that I can disagree with honestly, is the Rabel turning the Patriots around thing. I think he should have been the higher for them last year. Rabel was out of coaching for a year. He could have been the coach of them last year, but they went with the linebacker that now his name escapes me. Forgive me for that.
Speaker 4: I've been Keeman tracked so many names the last few days with media days, I don't even know what my name is Halftime. But the whole point of this is to say, like.
Speaker 2: I just Mike Grabel, he shouldn't have been out of coaching, should have been the head coach of the Patriots already, so they delayed him for a year. But again, like I said, that's the only thing from what Taylor said I could disagree with about the AFC East. The Patriots, I'll take them. I'll take them second over the Dolphins because I think Tua Tounguabayiloa he's going to be injured again, probably at some point. Most likely they I just don't know what it is. They can have a great offense under Mike McDaniel. Love Mike McDaniel, very likable, personable guy, hilarious head coach. He I mean the interaction he has with media personnel and stuff, or even on the sidelines. Mike McDaniel is fantastic.
Speaker 4: Love the guy.
Speaker 2: Wish she could win the AFC East, but it ain't happen. Then of course you got the Bills Sean McDermott. If they don't finally make it to the Super Bowl, how many years does.
Speaker 4: Sean McDermott have not you know what I mean? Taylor? Is that a terrible question?
Speaker 2: Like if he can't ever make it to the Super Bowl, can you fire a guy who consistently makes the AFC Championship game or takes you deep into the playoffs.
Speaker 3: That's a tough is a tough one.
Speaker 4: To the equivalent.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess it would be like firing Ryan Day like at Ohio State. Literally just last year, people were talking about if he doesn't make it to the College Playoff football Playoff win the championship, which they're going to be fired exactly, which they did. But you're telling me they really would have fired him if he didn't do that this year.
Speaker 4: Like I man, I don't know, say he made it and lost. You you can't fire somebody like that, but.
Speaker 3: You can't the future right At.
Speaker 2: Some point though, Sean McDermott does need to get it done. Yeah, Josh Allen needs to get it done. Yes, I can't imagine being an MVP voter last year between Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen And.
Speaker 4: No, right, he's too busy getting.
Speaker 1: Massages, Madcraft. I'm gonna say that this we're each week we're taking a different the East, the West, the North, and the South. So we are covering the NFC and AFC East. This week, we have not covered all the others C divisions, so stay tuned. Next week we'll do another one, and the following week we'll do another one, so we'll hit all of them. I do agree, though, I think the Patriots will be much improved. Now I do not want to subscribe to that. Let's look at their schedule this year. What is their schedule? Like the Patriots start, Uh, if we're taking regular season, they start against the They start at home versus the Raiders. Then they're at the Dolphins home against the Steelers, home against the Panthers, at Buffalo at the same at the Titans home against the Browns, the Falcons, at the Buccaneers home against the Jets, at the Bengals at home against the Giants. They have a week fourteen by then they play at home against Buffalo, at the Ravens, at the Jets, and home against the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: Hey, Candy, keep that handy.
Speaker 1: I don't think of a schedule.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, keep that handy for just a moment, Okay, And I didn't mean to rhyme, but I did, Candy keep that handy?
Speaker 4: Uh? Yeah, I like it. So, Taylor, Bro, are you down?
Speaker 2: Let's play You and me will play the win loss game with Candy.
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 2: About the New England Patriots, what do you say you want to do it? Because the first part of their schedule, and I don't want to give away what I'm gonna say, but I think what they could start at is just absolutely ridiculous if you look at that schedule.
Speaker 4: So, Taylor, are you down for it?
Speaker 2: I guess Okay, all right, So Candy one more time the games and when she says, I'm Taylor, you and I will both just say win or lost, and I will I'll tally them up.
Speaker 1: Okay, regular season, they're home against the Raiders.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say win.
Speaker 3: I'll take win, all right.
Speaker 1: So one and oh a piece at Miami.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say win.
Speaker 3: I'll take a win, all right.
Speaker 4: So we both got them at two and oh.
Speaker 1: Home against the Steelers.
Speaker 4: I'm also probably gonna say win.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna say lost because I I know they've got Aaron Rodgers, but I just that they still have other weapons like h Naja Harris. They have, they have a better offensive. The Steelers have a better offensive line, keep in mind, and they're their defense, of course, has improved too.
Speaker 1: Okay, So JD's got him at three and oh, and you've got him at two and one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair, Taylor, that is absolutely fair that that could be.
Speaker 4: But that's and that too. Most of these games are fifty to fifty games. Yep.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily really believe what I'm fixing to tell you all, but go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got them three and oh, Taylor's got them two and one.
Speaker 1: Home against the Panthers.
Speaker 3: When Taylor you first, when Panthers are dreadful.
Speaker 4: Okay, I agree, when.
Speaker 3: They're still rebuilding.
Speaker 4: I missed the Panthers talk last week. We'll go. We'll circle back to that once we finish up ye later another show, Yep, we'll do.
Speaker 1: We'll do a final recap at the end, after we've done each of the divisions. So at Buffalo loss.
Speaker 3: Loss bills are too good for the Patriots.
Speaker 4: So four one and three and two yep.
Speaker 1: At the New Orleans Saints, when.
Speaker 3: I'll go win.
Speaker 1: Okay. At Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 4: When Mike Grabel against his former team, when.
Speaker 3: When yep, Tights are still rebuilding.
Speaker 1: As well, Home against the Browns.
Speaker 3: The Factory of Sadness. When when.
Speaker 2: This is getting an insane when I hear myself say that the Patriots seven and one, uh huh, and Taylor's got them six and two.
Speaker 1: You know, Atlanta Falcons at home.
Speaker 2: I want to say the Falcons win, but just for the sake of being crazy, I'll say the Falcons win. Yeah, give me the Patriots lost on that one.
Speaker 3: I'll see Falcons win. In other words of Patriots loss.
Speaker 1: Okay at Tampa Bay.
Speaker 3: Well, that's a good team, I'd say. I'd say the Buccaneers win.
Speaker 4: Okay, jd Buccaneers also.
Speaker 1: Okay at home against the Jets.
Speaker 3: Fuck fumble win.
Speaker 4: When Okay?
Speaker 1: At Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Lass, I'll say loss because the Bengals are good too.
Speaker 1: Home against the Giants.
Speaker 3: When Giants are still a DIRP when?
Speaker 1: Okay, four more games to go because we have the bye week then and then we're talking. We're in the December Sunday, December fourteen, home against the Buffalo Bills, boss.
Speaker 4: Laws.
Speaker 1: Okay at Baltimore Ravens loss.
Speaker 3: Ravens are still too good?
Speaker 5: Oh, the absolutely lost to the Okay at the Jets when and then home against the Dolphins when.
Speaker 4: When?
Speaker 1: Okay, So, how many does that make?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure I just put them at at least twelve and five, and Taylor had them like eleven and six.
Speaker 1: And what were they to end last year?
Speaker 4: They were number two? Yeah? No, they only won like two games last year, didn't they?
Speaker 1: I think they won. I think this is from last year, and I think it was four.
Speaker 2: And folks, I think I'm pretty sure did they draft who drafted second in the draft this year?
Speaker 4: Was it the Patriots?
Speaker 3: I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me either. There's so many sports, it all runs together.
Speaker 1: I know, I know that the standings. Does it tell me four?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, yeah, four and thirteen? Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so to go from four and thirteen and you're projecting them to be eleven, I mean, worst case eleven and six, that's quite an improvement. That's a seven game improvement.
Speaker 2: And now, granted, like I said, we did, I did at least give them the benefit of the doubt on a lot of their fifty to fifty games. They're probably still roster pieces away. So realistically, at the end of the day, the Patriots maybe best case that you could put them at would be ten and seven.
Speaker 4: I think I think that would be fair for everybody to settle on. And worst case they could go six and eleven, right, I mean.
Speaker 2: Says nine and they still say they still have roster deficiency. They'll have to figure it out. But I do think Vrabel will account for a lot. I think he's just a good football coach.
Speaker 1: Day well, and let's face it, I don't know if you guys have heard or read anything about uh Tua coming out and saying that he's still what developing a relationship with Tyreek, Like they're still not on the same page. Come on, really, well.
Speaker 2: Well, the update I got is because of Tyreek in his I'm out post or his comment after the playoff.
Speaker 4: Game last year or whatever it was or final game, he's like, I'm out.
Speaker 2: That's the update I got is that they're still working through their differences following the Tyreek Hill I'm out comment.
Speaker 1: I hear you, I hear you. It's still a work in progress. They're still trying to mend the relationship. Apparently, is what admitted that Tyreek Hill is still working to mend the relationships with the team after the wide receiver suggestion that he wanted to leave the Dolphins. When you say something like that, you don't just come back from that with hey, my bad. You gotta work that relationship up. You've got to build up everything again. It's still a work in progress, not just for me but for everybody to a set.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they'll work through it. I think they'll be fine.
Speaker 2: I mean, the big issue is going to be to a staying on the field, and I mean tyreek. I mean, if he has any more children, he might end up in jail for child support.
Speaker 4: I don't know. He got a lot of kids. I do know that he does and a lot of catches. Great football player.
Speaker 1: That's true. Okay, can Madcraft, Can I give you all an amazing stat on the Patriots? Of course you can. We love it when our listeners come in and talk to us, and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't keep me.
Speaker 3: Mac craw The proof is always in the pudding.
Speaker 2: Cream always rises to the top. I like that one Taylor. Proof is in the pudding mmm.
Speaker 3: Meaning truth is detected.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 3: As in stats research.
Speaker 2: Analytics, everybody's got sports facts coming up, all right, send them, shoot them.
Speaker 1: Don't just say you got them.
Speaker 3: Put them in there, give them time, give them time. They need time to type.
Speaker 4: Yeah they Hey, they better be good. I'm just kidding it.
Speaker 1: Have swept the Jets eighteen times all time, out of those fifteen done by Tom the tom Brady.
Speaker 2: Literally, I've never heard Tom Brady referred to them as Tom the tom Brady. So congratulations Mancraft. But yeah, that is a heck of a staff. Eighteen times all time, fifteen out of eighteen. So basically, the whole time Tom Brady played for New England, he swept the freaking Jets.
Speaker 3: Patriots and Jets has always been a mismatch. The Patriots had Tom Brady, the Jets have always been a butt fumble. It's been their identity the whole time.
Speaker 4: Mark Sanchez looks like he should have been a firefighter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like fireman, ed right, something close to it.
Speaker 1: So somebody wants to take us to baseball here instead of football. If you convert bases to miles, Hank Aaron is thirteen miles worth of total bases ahead of Albert Coohols, who is in second place.
Speaker 4: That is, hold on, we'll time out. That is a wild stat. I will give you.
Speaker 1: That, that is I will I will say that too.
Speaker 2: And so since you you tried to switch it over to baseball though on us watch this the Southern Fried gentleman will handle those games. So let's find out who the NFL rushing leader was.
Speaker 4: All time?
Speaker 2: Who is it? Is it still Emmitt Smith? Did somebody pass him yet?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's a good time, I recall you pass He surpassed Barry Sanders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see I'm gonna find out and then we're gonna convert that to miles, and then we'll be able to convert it back in football if the Internet is going to cooperate with me though.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Still Emmett Smith, Yeah, eighteen thousand, three hundred and fifty five yards, let's convert that into how many?
Speaker 1: Second is Walter Peyton with sixteen thousand, seven and twenty six So there's there's a bit of a gap there. He is, and Emmett Smith is held the all time rushing yards since two thousand and two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't think anybody had broken it yet, probably won't ever be broken.
Speaker 1: Frank Gore is third on the list. For you make madcraft, it's EMMITTT. Smith, Walter Peyton and then Frank Gore. And Frank Gore had sixteen thousand, so he has, so it has twenty three hundred and fifty five more yards and Gore.
Speaker 2: Okay, and this is this is why I researched this, because it's gonna blow you away. Okay, over enthusiastic. In turn, Caleb, if you convert bases to miles, Hank Aaron has thirteen miles worth of stolen bases. Emmitt Smith, we said, had eighteen thousand, three hundred and fifty five rush yards correct, mm hmm. Do you think that would be more or less than thirteen miles more?
Speaker 4: What about you tell you think it's more more? Yeah, it's not, it's less. There's only ten point four three miles. Wow. And so in baseball shorter distances, never being able to rush for eighty yards on a stolen base hank, Aaron ran more miles in baseball than Emmitt Smith did in football. That is wild.
Speaker 2: So there you go, crazy stat back to football, bang bang.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is amazing. Actually, if you think about it, I let you play way more games in baseball than you do in football though. Hmm. Interesting. So that's why it's harder on the knees.
Speaker 4: And almost mm hmm. No, that's playing catcher, just as Scott he knows.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, been there, done that. Okay, so are we ready to switch it a little bit to some college football?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 4: We got a I react.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear what Taylor and Candy have to say hearing these comments.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna put this on the stage for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So first we will start with mister Greg SANKI commissioner of the SEC. And I started out my article for Greenville Sports Media by saying football is in the air. It's so close you can almost smell it. And you can also smell the garbage that all the commissioners and coaches spew at these media days. So here is mister Greg Sankie spewing nonsense about college football.
Speaker 7: Let me be clear from my perspective, college athletics is not broken.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I've read that. I've actually read it in notifications.
Speaker 7: College athletics is not broken. It is under stress, it is strange. The answers we seek are tied into the complexities that have been referenced over time. I went back and read my remarks from this podium or others over the last few years, and pretty consistently have identified the challenges ahead with some of the decisions that we may have to make. I don't think the answers come from courtrooms completely. They don't come from commentators or commentary. They don't come from those outside sudden experts with their newest idea.
Speaker 3: Those of us in higher education, embedded.
Speaker 7: And college athletics know the intricacies of what's in front of us, and we all have to continue to adapt and have adapted as we seek to provide life impacting opportunities and lifelong memories for young people across our nation.
Speaker 2: All right, And so that was Greg Sinking and what he had to say about college athletics and how they are not broken. So, Taylor, the one thing I can agree with that he said is it depends on what broken is. Clearly they're making money hand over fist, So in that regard, no, college football is not broken. But we all know about the NIL and transfer portal and eligibility right now.
Speaker 3: And getting tailed too for athletes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the NIL, name, image, likeness, right, they all of these things. And he said that it's not broken, but that part is broken. And he said it's not settled in courtrooms. That's literally where everything's getting settled now. Regarding player eligibility. Diego Pavia suing for more eligibility, so many players. So don't sell me this garbage that college football is not broken. And Taylor, take a few minutes elaborate what are your thoughts overall about all of that or Candy either one.
Speaker 3: Well, what he was trying to say that college athletics is trying to develop even further and he's trying to tell them, trying to have the media, media everywhere in America to understand that the inner workings of how it works, and and it just it has some flaws, but it's still still alive. It's still out there. It just needs to develop even further.
Speaker 4: Did did either of your whole problem? Was they let the nil and everything.
Speaker 1: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Jadi? Oh? Yeah, my bad.
Speaker 2: Well I was just gonna say, sorry, I froze up there. Now I don't know what I was about to say, go ahead, Candy, my bad.
Speaker 1: So so I was gonna say, did either of you see what Donald Trump did inking an executive order to clarify college athletes employment status, because I think he's gonna he's saying, these these guys are not professional athletes yet, so should they be? You know, will this mean that they're going to put a cap on some of this or that they shouldn't be earning as much which they have, because let's face it, they are getting an education, and most of them are getting an education for free. Let's face it, some of them are taking advantage of that. Some of them aren't really like how much are they really? Are they graduating or are they not graduating. But I think Trump is trying to help that part of it, the nil part.
Speaker 2: Right well, and Clemson dablos swinging. He touted that today he's graduated a ton like nine of his players, and a lot of them have also won championships. Every player he's ever recruited won some sort of championship.
Speaker 4: That is ridiculous. Mm hm.
Speaker 1: It's going to get interesting because it's a complicated topic. They said universities would become responsible for paying wages, benefits, and workers compensation, and schools and conferences have insisted they will fight any such move in court. While private institutions fall under the National Labor Relations Law, for public universities must follow labor laws that vary from state to state. And it's worth noting that virtually every state in the South has right to work laws that present challenges for unions. So this is gonna get I think this is going to be a lot get a lot more complicated too. It's not going to be as easy and as as they've had it so far. But is college sports broken? I wouldn't say it's broken. I would say it's evolving and it's ever changing. But so is a lot of things. So are a lot of different things, right. You know, we're seeing a change in the types of jobs people are getting, you know, and some of those low I hate to say this, but low minimum wage jobs aren't aren't out there anymore. Let's let's face it. You walk into a fast food restaurant and most of the time you're ordering at a kiosk. You're not ordering with a person, so you're eliminating some of those jobs. And every industry is changing. I mean, how many newspapers do you see out there anymore? You know everything? So along with college sports, a lot of things are evolving and changing.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely.
Speaker 2: And if I could make adapting into a dirty sea word, you just said it, I guess changing.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You got to be able to think on your feet, you got to be able to adapt, You got to be forward thinking. And the NC double A has tremendously failed in that regard. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. The NC double A is asleep at the will and then they got kidnapped and thrown in the trunk because you can't tell me that the NC double A is even driving anymore. At this point, Taylor, do you have any strong feelings about the NC double A.
Speaker 3: I don't have any emotions at all. It's just, like I explain, it's just the inner workings of how it's supposed to work, that's all.
Speaker 2: I've got no feelings at all. Make sure to clip that. Taylor just said that he's I've got no feelings. I'm just kidding, Taylor.
Speaker 1: Yep, you ready for your next clip?
Speaker 4: JD Yes, ma'am, we are ready.
Speaker 1: Let's add it.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we have Kurt Signetti. He just canceled a series against Virginia. Sure it wasn't just him, it might have been the administration.
Speaker 6: We picked up an extra home game, and we played nine conference games. You know, the two best conferences in college football. Any football guy that's objective will tell you there's a big ten in the SEC.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: Twelve to sixteen SEC teams play three G five or an SCS game. Twelve of those teams played thirty six games, twenty nine G five games in seven SCS games.
Speaker 3: And one of the least conference games.
Speaker 1: All right, So we figured we.
Speaker 6: Just adopt SEC schedule philosophy. You know, some people don't like it. I'm more focused in on those nine conference games. You know not only do we want to play nine conference games, okay, and have the four to four championship the playoff format, okay, we want to have playing games to decide who plays in those playoffs. You championship weekend, let's play three verse six and four verse five. You want to decide that on the field and make sure everybody strength the schedules what it needs to be. Let's make everybody play nine conference games and on championship weekend three or play six to four, play five and there's still room for another at large in that format. And why shouldn't the Big ten have four eight q's Because a highest state actually finished fourth in the conference at the end of season Indiana Penn State with tied for second. They won the typewreaker one national championship, right, okay, don't put the best teams in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Now there you have it.
Speaker 2: A lot of things, he said, I agree with a lot of things. I don't because I can debunk his whole schedule theory about the SEC in two point five seconds. Alabama, they play at least two powerful conference teams every year from this year until twenty thirty four. Georgia, same thing every year. From twenty twenty six to twenty thirty four. The game Cocks this year play Virginia Tech and Clemson, two ACC schools. We don't get cupcake wins over here. Plus we play in a game conference schedule. Don't miss me with the nine game conference schedule.
Speaker 4: I don't want to hear it. It's retarded. It's dumb. Sorry, that's a bad R word to say, but dang it, the nine game stuff is retarded, like ridiculous. Almost said it again, golle my bad. Should not say that word.
Speaker 2: But when you're talking about the SEC and scheduling, we're plenty deep enough.
Speaker 4: There's an ACC coach that said the same team as one the SEC. Six of the same teams have won the SEC since nineteen sixty four. Clemson and Florida State are the only two schools to win the ACC in the last ten years. What's your point? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: It's dagging good football and you can't argue that the SEC top to bottom football roster wise, team wise.
Speaker 2: Is better than the Big Ten. Just ask the NFL. That's all I gotta say. Just ask the NFL.
Speaker 1: I hear you, But he does have a point that the two I mean, he said the two top conferences are Big ten and uh SEC.
Speaker 4: We're so yeah, we're so close to it being like broken away, like m hm, all of those conference schedules I just mentioned, shure they might not even exist in a couple of years.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, let let's face it. I mean, he's right, Oh, Idio State won the national championship, but they weren't even in the top three in their conference. That's kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: Anything can happen, right, Yep, still gonna play the game exactly.
Speaker 4: I was about to say that exact same thing.
Speaker 2: Great minds think not alike, just they think, and me and Taylor were about to say the same thing.
Speaker 4: Respect Taylor. I was about to say, yeah, that's why you play the game.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah that's true.
Speaker 2: But yet, just golly, I'm just so sick of this whole conference talk. Everybody tries to lump everybody all in together because you're in the same conference. Like it's got that old school, like high school posse feel to it, you know what I mean, Like we're the cool kids and where they're not.
Speaker 4: So cool kids, or we're the rich is and they're not so rich kids.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Like the whole SEC Big ten thing is juvenile, just juvenile, Just root for your team.
Speaker 1: But the two conference, those two conferences are heads and tails above a lot of the other conferences. I mean, let's face it, look at what the PAC twelve is. What is the PAC twelve anymore?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the PAC twelve has come back to life to exactly what you're saying that the Big ten SEC they can't agree on how they want the college football playoff to go.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: They can't decide.
Speaker 2: The SEC wants just the five conference champions guaranteed, and then whoever the top eleven is after that gets in, whoever may be the Big ten.
Speaker 4: I like the Big Ten's I did better. I will say that they want four automatic qualifiers for the Big ten.
Speaker 8: Dc ACC and Big twelve both get two apiece. You get the highest ranked group of five or group of six, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 2: Now, you get the one the highest one out of that, and three wild cards. So which way do you think they should go when they go to a sixteen?
Speaker 1: I guess I'm leaning towards the Big ten way. But it's tough.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, Kurt said it there at the end of his statement, you want the best teams in the playoffs, right, Aleep.
Speaker 4: I mean, as a game Cock fan, I'm still but hurt. We didn't make it in the playoffs last year. We were closed and guess what, I don't think we'll be that closed again this year. So it just sucks. It's part of being a fan. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: A realist. Yeah, wow.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll face it, my Badgers are normally up there. Pretty they did they fell They kind of fell flat on their face these last couple of years. This was the first time and I think it was twenty some years that they didn't make a Bowl game even which was which was disappointing. But their quarterback, which was the transfer Tyler Van Dyke from Miami up to Wisconsin, got injured first game, so that makes a big difference. They I don't think if you're not top tier elite, you don't have the depth and talent unless you're a top tier, long historied program. So if you have injuries, it really hurts your team.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And speaking of all this conference realignment stuff, Ben Blaylock he mentioned something and it made me remember something, but he says the PAC twelve is the Whack two point zero. Now they basically took all the teams from the Whack and are reviving themselves. That's always how the conference realignment has went. But what I was gonna say is, did y'all see Memphis they offered the Big twelve like a bookoup of money. I don't know if y'all know what a bookoo is, but that's it's a lot. Yeah, they offered him a bookouo.
Speaker 4: Iver heard of it.
Speaker 2: It's a Southern word, Taylor, And honestly, I don't even know what it means. I just know sometimes we use it to describe something in mass quantity. Yeah, like the amount of money that Memphis they offered this conference to.
Speaker 4: Get in the Big twelve. The Big twelve is like nope, swipe left, good to go on that, No thank you, And everybody's just like, what how could you not add meant that?
Speaker 2: But all of the conference realignment stuff, they just they gotta be renamed and rebranded.
Speaker 4: Because half of them don't even make sense anymore.
Speaker 1: I think they eventually will. I mean, the Big ten is no longer ten teams. You have East Coast and West Coast, so travel is just kind of horrendous. I think I think eventually it's coming. It's not. I wouldn't say it's in the next you know, two or three years, but I think it's definitely coming.
Speaker 2: Ben Blaylock with the inside information Memphis and Tulane having discussions with the ACC and Big Ten. Well, apparently the ACC as of today is going to have to replace UNC and Clemson because they're looking to join the SEC again. Like literally, people posting that like, I'm over the conference realignment and speaking of the Atlantic Coast Conference and Candy, we can move off of it after this, Okay, speaking of the Atlantic Coast Conference and the renaming and the rebranding, mm hmm. Their travel is worse East Coast to West coast with Stamford and to South Carolina and stuff like flying to the Northeast is slightly closer for the Big Ten mm hmm.
Speaker 4: But the Atlantic Coast Conference has teams that are on the Pacific Coast. So now you've got to you gotta name it the All Coast Conference. It can't be the Atlantic Conference anymore. ACC.
Speaker 1: Well, I've always said Big Ten couldn't either, the because they have Ruckers on the East Coast and they have u C l A over on the Pacific coast side, so like that's just crazy, But yeah, I agree. I think at some point they will they'll sit down and they'll they'll change it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, they'll go to that pods that. Yeah, something major like groundbreaking will happen with the n C DOUAA And to p Digit's hit his point big ten divisions are legends and leaders, and I said, I'm good with him just being east and West. That's what's gonna happen in the new format.
Speaker 2: It will be geographical again and it'll be NFL two point h has been used two point oh earlier.
Speaker 4: So Candy, what else we got?
Speaker 1: One of the topics I wanted to quick just spring up and it's just a quick but do you have a bucket list? And if if something's on the bucket list, do you have a stadium that either you wish you had already gone to because maybe it's no longer even with us anymore, or do you have a stadium that you would like to go to that is on your bucket list. I can tell you one of them that would be on mine, and I know it's on my husband's. We would like to go to Fenway Park we've never been to Fenway Park. Now, it could be a baseball stadium, it could be a football stadium. Obviously, I'd always I'd like to get sometime down to Dallas and Cowboy World. I mean that stame is supposed to be, you know, phenomenal. JD. Is there a stadium that would be on your bucket list?
Speaker 2: I am known to try to live vicariously through my children, and Tripp is a huge Renaldo fan.
Speaker 4: M hmm. Packson is a huge Messy fan.
Speaker 2: So they literally disagree just because on the who's the goat of soccer? So yeah, give me any of the stadiums that y'all saw on your recent vacation.
Speaker 4: Kay, I don't even remember where y'all went.
Speaker 2: But soccer stadiums, and then to be more specific, I haven't been the truest park. I would love to see the San Francisco Giants Stadium, Dodger Stadium. Give me baseball and beer or football and beer, and I'll take any stadium any day.
Speaker 4: It could be high school or college mm hmm. Or it could be literal league flag football. There you go, give me, just give me competition.
Speaker 1: Yep, Taylor, is there any stadium that's on your bucket list that you'd like to go go to. You know, I can tell you we were just up in Detroit and not that we went inside, but we were at the Big House. I've been inside the Big House before. But like, it could be a college, it could be a proof baseball football.
Speaker 3: Stadium, so Fi, because yeah, I want, I do want to go outside the box because Sofi Stadium has all these incredible screens, incredible ceiling that the roof, everything inside the stadium is incredible.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whether whether it hosts the Rams or the Chargers mm hmm. Just everything you see when you walk into that stadium is incredible mm hm.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, definitely give me so Fi mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: And it also depends, I guess too.
Speaker 2: I guess could I like remix your question just a little bit, not to change shit or anything, really, but is there a specific stadium you would like to see during a specific event? Like, for example, Sofi Stadium wouldn't be that great with a Taylor Swift concert for me, but you give me a chance to go to the super Bowl in that stadium.
Speaker 4: Oh, like, oh, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna be like a little yappy shahuahwah, like barking out the front door, letting me get in, like give me all of that. And so yeah, just to remix the question, is there another like a stadium that you maybe wouldn't consider unless something like serious was going on there and then it'd be like, oh, yeah, I can't miss that, Taylor.
Speaker 4: I'm sure.
Speaker 2: You're up the Upper Peninsula, right, you called it the up earlier.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Give me give me something around your area, like an event place or a minor league team that I mean you enjoy to go to or that you've been to.
Speaker 4: Is there anything local that you've been to.
Speaker 3: I used to go to Trevor City Pittsbetter's games until I got tired of the music that all the music that they play, which is a bunch of sissy crap that which leads me to conclusion that I'm done going to games now.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, hey, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: If you come down to South Carolina Spartanburg, I personally know the DJ for the Hub City Spartanburgers.
Speaker 4: Yes that is a baseball team. Yes, that is their name. They're in Spartanburg and they're called this spar And Burgers. My goodness.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about the name later, but I personally know that DJ so Taylor, if you need some specific music, you come down to this stadium.
Speaker 4: Man, I got you.
Speaker 3: How about blaster jacks with Timmy trumpet Narco? Huh.
Speaker 2: I've never heard any of those words, much less any of them.
Speaker 3: Put ed walk walkout theme?
Speaker 2: Really Okay, I'm obviously gonna have to look that up now, the Edwin Diaz walkout theme.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Timmy trumpet blastered? Yeah, Timmy. Yeah, you've never heard of Timmy Trumpet?
Speaker 4: Come on, no, I really haven't.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Really I lived. I lived a sheltered life.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I think I think part of my my thought behind the question kind of was is some people have bucket lists, and some people, like I've heard, some people want to go to every MLB stadium, you know, and they want to do that. I can say that I have been a couple of years ago, I went to every spring training site in Arizona. So I've been to all those ballparks. I've been to a number of them here in Florida, but not all of them, you know. And then you hear like the iconic venues like I've I've been to Wrigley Field. I've been to Lambo Stadium, you know, and some of the big iconic ones, but I've never been I cep Digit said, Red Sox Field. That's you know. I've been to Jet Blue. So I've been to their spring training site, which is a smaller replica of Red Sox Field. But Candy saves some money and go to the Greenville Drive every inchine foot matches the Red Sox. They even have a wall. So, like I said, this their Jet Blue down here, their spring training stadium. We've been to. It is a smaller replica, but I you know, it's still not the actual Red Sox Field I've we drove to. We were in New York. We were outside of Yankees the new Yankee Stadium. The old Yankee Stadium is no longer there. It's a soccer field. We were there, you know, But so that was kind of my thought behind some of these stadiums. And we were up in Michigan and we were in Detroit. We were actually in ann Arbor this two weekends ago, and so we were outside of the Big House and then we're saw how close they're basketball stadium is right next door to the Big House, and I did not realize that, but I've been inside the Big House too. There were at one point my dad and I and my brother were gonna go to all the big ten stadiums. So we had been to Minnesota, we had been to Illinois, we had been to Ohio State the Big House. We've been to Wisconsin. So I was just curious if there was any thing like those that you guys had done or wanted to do. And that's kind of what sparked that question.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, No, it was a lovely question.
Speaker 2: Like I said, Yes, there's so many stadiums. M Like I said, I literally just want to go to all of them. But Candy, so, like we mentioned earlier, and I'm gonna do this real quick and we'll move on again. But Taylor said, I never heard of timmy trumpets, and like I said, asking you if you ever have right, right, right right?
Speaker 4: But yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that's what I'm saying. So stream Yard's given me this crazy ability, though, Candy, if you could show that on stage, And so Taylor, please tell me, is this the song?
Speaker 3: Yes? Mm hmm, it is nice.
Speaker 9: Here, let's let it play for a minute. We'll let everybody hear it. We'll hear the greatness with you.
Speaker 3: Let it rip because I because I've heard it in Uh it's like a high school in Michigan on opening kickoffs with the Yellow Jackets when I was commentating them right before w MLUM went off the air permanently due to revenue shortage.
Speaker 9: Last Yeah, hold on, I'll I'll bring it back. I want there's like a little drop right here. Yes, man, what a song? What a song?
Speaker 4: What a song?
Speaker 2: I'm so glad, Like I said, stream Yards giving me these abilities, and Taylor led me onto something and I love trumpets.
Speaker 4: So we went down a rabbit hole. Might meet you, Candy.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's time time for my town. So, mister Taylor, what's happening in your town?
Speaker 3: Well, the Tigers have lost ten of eleven. Uh for the we they got four bombs in the lamp that can't hit Parker Metals, Matt Barling, Jake Rogers, and Tray Sweeney and this team cannot play even when sel Peiz is struggling. So yeah, the Tigers still have the al Central lead, but that may collapse to in the future of us. The Tigers actually do a hell of a lot at the trade deadline, whether I hope they bring in both Alex Bregman and Eugenio e Genio Suarez both into the roster and DFA Sweeney feeling Meadows and Rogers. They need a catcher, a better catcher to platoon with Dingle, catcher that can hit better, way better than Jake Rogers. Plus they need they need better starting pitching than Jack Flaherty, reees Olsen and Casey Mice because they're not going to cut it. Jackson jovis out, so the Tigers need four replacements. Errick Scuba cannot do it by himself, and they need federal bullpen help. Tommy Canley throws way too many fricking softballs. Carlos Hernandez got dfaid thank god, I mean, I mean their bullpen. Brandon Brendan Hanafee, he sucks in the area of almost four that I can't take it any more of this this team. Chris Siliche is still a chief skate and and but but he'll have to prove it once more unless the Tigers GM and President Scott Harrison Jack Greenberg. The GM proved me wrong, but by spending a lot. But Chris Silich, he said he can't afford it. Because he can't. He keeps spending way too much on priority seats, little Caesar's Pizza, other revenue crap, on stadium renovations. Nobody cares. Just bring me a championship. And then the Lions, Uh, they had a couple of script had a couple of scrums, one between Brian Brands and I went around Saint Brown during training camp. Uh that that fighting needs to stop. The Lions are better than this. They need to start getting together. However, Jared Goff says it's been going very smoothly with John Morton as their new offensive coordinator. They're changing and which leads me to a sense that Morton may be a better offensive coordinator mentally than Ben than Ben Johnson. I don't care about Ben Johnson's fancy trick plays because because some of them have not worked, especially when they fell flat to the Commanders at home in the divisional playoff, when the Lions finished their last season last regular season at fifteen and two, and then then for the Red Wings though, Wow, I did watch a video from Kyle Busch of the Healthy Scratch Red Wings report shout out to him already by the way that the red the Red Wings did did not have a terrible offs have not had a terrible offseason. They got John Gibson, He's a he is a better goaltender. They the Red Wings got rid of Alex Lyon. They got they got rid of Peter Murrazak. They traded him to the Ducks for John Gibson. My goodness. The Pistons had a decent summer league.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: But back to the Red Wings. They got Mason Appleton, not a goal scorer, but he can defend, especially on the penalty kill. And they got James Van Riemstak, who can bring more scoring in more veteran presence. It's it's just a one year, one million dollar deal. It's very cheap, so and Michigan, Michigan Football will have it. We'll still have a competition be at quarterback for the number one between uh Bryce Underwood and Davis Warren. I think, but I think I think Bryan Bryce Underwood will hint win that quarterback battle for the number one quartersback spot hands down for the Spartans. Who knows Jonathan Smith is still in is entering his second years as head coaches of the Green and White. I may not know any of those new guys anymore. But uh, I'm gonna have to do some research on them, so that that's all I have for my town. Hoky smokes baw Winkle m hm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey man, you literally you opened up the curtains, the back door, the windows, you let everybody, You let everybody all up in your town, right there.
Speaker 4: Man, that was good stuff.
Speaker 3: You let everybody detect. Truth box.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of it, I think.
Speaker 3: As White Kelly or on the verge of filing for for divorce by the way, they actually have in the past a few months ago.
Speaker 2: Spoiler alert, right, spoiler alert for anybody who didn't know about that divorce.
Speaker 4: And so yeah, I'll take.
Speaker 2: Over there, Taylor with my town, and I'm also gonna combine my parting shot and I'm gonna throw it to Candy and Taylor and then I'm gonna be done.
Speaker 4: I think we're gonna be done for the evening, Okay. And so for my town.
Speaker 2: We talked about media days and a lot of what people said that was crazy and all of this stuff. But what happened in my town was the Southern Conference Media Days. Just Tuesday of this week. We had my guy Mark and Greenville Sports media. There shout out to South Florida Tribune because you get all this coverage that I do through them as well.
Speaker 4: So thank you to all of you who allow me to do this and make sure y'all hit like, follow, share, subscribe on Taylor myself Candy, South Florida Tribune, go to Greenville Sports Media. Most of what I said tonight you can find it in an article on their website regarding.
Speaker 2: The college teams and the media days and the crazy things, the hot garbage got spewed from all of these commissioners and everything. But in my town, as I said, Southern Conference media Days happen, and it's just it's that local, small town you get to know these players on a different level versus when there's four and five hundred people in the building. Players tend to get nervous, especially when they're talking to media and things like that, and so the larger surrounding you put them in, the more uncomfortable they're going to be. And so the beauty of the Southern Conference media days is the you get them. There might be twenty or thirty people there from a conference of twelve teams. Media wise, you're not talking about a lot of people that are traveling and have the ability to go cover that stuff like we do at Greenville Sports Media. And so I am the Southern Fried gentleman of Southern Fried sports and in my town.
Speaker 4: I have greatly loved.
Speaker 2: The media days these past few weeks. And so Candy, last thing I will say, Taylor, last thing I'll say. I don't know if you watch much golf, Taylor. I know Candy plays a little bit of attention, but I'll say this, imagine a team winning so much or winning by so much that they just don't make it fun to watch anymore. We see it happen on the football field, Scotty Scheffler has made it happen on the golf course. If it weren't for him leading by so many strokes at the Open this past weekend, there would have been a four way playoff.
Speaker 4: Most likely in golf.
Speaker 2: A four way playoff would be incredible for the TV ratings and for the sport. They absolutely need fantastic things like that to happen because they don't have Tiger Woods anymore. And Scotty Scheffler dominating the field is nothing like Tiger Woods. In his domination, it was just different. People will get sick of Scotti Scheffler because he is ruining golf.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know if I can follow that, but I'm gonna try because it's time for me to talk about my town. And what I want to say is I think one of the best conditions in football is happening right now. And what it is is the Green Bay Packers at training camp. They line up from their practice facility to go to the field. They have kids come and line up with their bicycles and the kids will carry the helmet for the players and the players will ride their bicycles or depending on how big the bicycle or tricycle is. I saw one of the Packers actually carry a tricycle for one of the young girls. And it's just a really great tradition because they sign autographs for these kids. I even saw for the first time met La floor coach rode the bicycle down. Just a really cool way for them to interact with young kids. And that's happening right now with the Packers training camp. The Brewers are doing well. I don't want to say anything more because I said more on Tuesday and they had eleven game win streak and they lost them Tuesday after I said something. So all I'm going to say is they're doing very well, especially for a small market team. Let's see how far that they can go. And with that, the only other thing I'm gonna I want to say two more things. I want to say kudos to Venus Williams as she is the second oldest female to win a tournament on the Art, win a match in the tour.
Speaker 4: Hand clap for that.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Venus Williams, and I think Serena's coming back to tennis needs it.
Speaker 4: That's fantastic. Yep, great call, Candy. Hand clap for Venus absolutely.
Speaker 1: Exactly forty five years old. That's awesome to see. But I also want to say that we lost some people this past week and so our prayers go out to all of their families. We lost Ozzy Osbourne. We lost theo Huxtable from the from Malcolm Jamal Warner. We lost Cosby, Yes, from The Cosby Show. We lost hel Cogan, wh who I didn't realize actually lives lived down here in Clearwater, Florida. Unfortunately he passed away this week. We also learned I don't know if any of you else learned heard this, but the chef that had passed. We learned today that she actually committed suicide. So what I'm going to say is for any of you that need help, please seek help. There are people out there that want to help you. Please see KILP and H. Prayers go out to all the families of all of those people. Candy, one day, will e bikes ruin that tradition? I don't think so, because then they don't. I have yet to see e bikes at all on with them and with kids. But you never know, I mean, you know, you can never say I would say one of the words I've learned you never say never and you never say always, because those are two words that at one point will be uh found wrong or so so could it happen? It could. But this tradition goes back to the fifties. So this tradition for the packers riding bikes of kids those back seventy years. I want to say, right.
Speaker 2: And Candy, I Will'll second everything you said. Yeah, that suicide things no joke. Mental health is no joke, y'all. Don't hesitate. I am easily accessible. I think the teenagers say my dms are open.
Speaker 4: So feel free.
Speaker 2: I don't care whatever you want to talk about. I had somebody just message me about their mom who passed away three years ago yesterday. They were like, yeah, my mom passed away in twenty twenty one. I mean, it was like, I'm here, you can message me for whatever. Taylor Candy has been a fantastic show. You can find me at Southern Fried Sports JD on YouTube at j D Wyatt zero six on X and Taylor, I would love for you to tell everyone where they can find you.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I am the creator of the Michigan Sports t Truth podcast. There's my banner back there, but that's that's way too far away, so I'll tell you to you right now. It's on YouTube, the Michigan Sports Truth Podcast. Subscribe to it on YouTube at the Michigan Sports Truth Podcast, All on one Word. Also in audio four month Spreaker, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Slash, Noble, cast Box, Deezer Podcast, Attic Podchaser, and Giosavon. Also on Twitch at Michigan Sports Truth. Also on x, Instagram, threads, and TikTok at Michigan Underscore Truth and like its Facebook page. Also join its supporters club on spreaker, just two dollars a month.
Speaker 1: Taylor, I have a question for you for your podcast. How often do you do it? When do you do it? When? When should people look for it?
Speaker 3: Well, when when we have topics of regarding new topics regarding our teams and they and it's something I'm I really have to discuss, then then it's something that must be addressed. So yeah, and and if I find something interesting that I that I like that most people like, hey mhm, whether it's positive or negative or in between, it's the truth. It's out there and that and that's what we target.
Speaker 1: You don't do it on like the same night every night or every week or anything like that. It's when topics come up.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: So what I would tell people is definitely subscribe to his YouTube channel and turn on the notification because if they turn on the notification, they know exactly when you're going live exactly. Check you out Perfect.
Speaker 3: Clicker clicker tap on live to find its latest full episodes on YouTube. Also check out check out shorts videos.
Speaker 1: YEP, Southern friede. What when do do you kind of go on besides this show? Obviously you both do with me. Well, do you have your own YouTube channel, when do you go live?
Speaker 2: I have experimented a little bit on different days. I did Wednesday last night. My schedule that I like to keep and I like to be consistent, which is a dirty sea word on Southern brod sports.
Speaker 4: I like to keep.
Speaker 2: Monday, Thursday and Saturday for content. However, college football season is coming, I'll have a pregame kickoff show that I'll be doing through Greenville Sports Media, So a lot of my time is probably gonna have to be rearranged. So either way, like Candy said, just hit subscribe, turn the notification on, and just be ready for tons of football and world and life and just whatever kind of content you can imagine. You'll never know what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: That's true. Okay, It's time for me to do my my plug, and my plug is for my husband. And my husband wrote a book. I can't believe that. I can't believe I'm saying my husband wrote a book, but he did Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. It talks about his forty plus years in the media business and how it has changed. So if you're looking to get into this business, this is a great book to go out and get. It's available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Google, and Apple Books. I can also tell you that South Florida Tribune is going to be running contest and they're going to be doing some giveaways. So we want you to keep being in our chat room, keep commenting. We want to see who does the most chats, and we're going to be drawing late later. I don't know if it's a couple of weeks. We haven't quite decided. We're going to do one drawing when we hit our two thousand subscribers. We're going to do one drawing when we hit a certain watch hours, and then we're also going to be telling up who's who's in how many chats so we can give away some free things. We have some books, we have some great people that have given us some content or giveaways and stuff like that. So make sure you are watching and commenting and stuff like that. But you can buy this book on Amazon, Burns and Noble, Kindle, Google, and Apple Books. There's also a link on our website go to South Florida Tribune at gmail dot com, where we have a lot of other content as well. If you like to listen to podcasts. You can find us wherever you get your podcasts. If you'd like to sponsor any of our shows or advertise with us, you can always call my husband Scott at nine five four three oh four four nine four one. And if you want to be a guest, or you have topic ideas that you'd like us to cover, please email us at South Florida Tribune at gmail dot com. Hey guys, it's been a great show. I don't know that we're as fired up now as we were when we started, but.
Speaker 2: Aha, bro, I stay fired up. I could sit here and talk to y'all about twenty more minutes.
Speaker 4: Y'all. Don't play with me.
Speaker 2: Y'all know how the southern gentleman rolls. Y'all be blessed, not stressed, and just be kind to one another.
Speaker 1: Dang, it sounds like a plan, everybody. Everybody, have a great week. Tune in next week Thursdays nine to thirty pm. And you never know what we're be talking about next week, so tune in. Although we will take one more let's see AFC NFC did we Let's see what should we do next week?
Speaker 4: We got North and West. I thought I thought I did South last.
Speaker 1: Week, right, people, south West, Let's do West next week. Well, actually, actually we probably should do NFC North, a a f C NFC and a FC North next week.
Speaker 4: Plays in the Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 1: That would be the Lions play, right.
Speaker 3: And it's still an exhibition game, but yeah, right.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, I would say, yeah, we do that, yeah that we'll tie it in there together.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: North.
Speaker 4: So and there you go.
Speaker 2: You came behind the curtains on Fire Up and Southern Fried Sports this evening.
Speaker 4: Y'all heard show planning live on the air.
Speaker 1: Have a great week. Everybody will see you next week.
Speaker 4: Bang bang,