Speaker 1: All right, you're just in time.
Speaker 2: You're gonna hear the most insufferable conversation ever. Well, that's quite a tease. Stick around to hear something insufferable, something you're gonna hate hearing. Right, And the two people, one of them i'd never heard of before, the other one everyone has heard of. We'll get to it in just a second. But first, JB, you mentioned starlink on iPhones.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have the story right in front of me, but it's definitely a sign of things to come. So Starlink is okay, love him or hate him, I'm not gonna go down that path. Elon Musk's Internet company, and I bought so. I had an airstream that I sold last year, but I kept the Starlink. Starlink is a mobile internet satellite dish basically.
Speaker 1: And it's small.
Speaker 3: It's you know, it's like the size of it like a large notebook or maybe a small backpack, a thin backpack. Boom, you're online anywhere in the world. And so I was using it in my airstream, but I was just reading that he just did a deal I think with AT and T. Don't have it in front of me. But regardless, I think it's coming with all of them. So he's been putting all these satellites into orbit forever and so wherever you are you will get Internet as long as you have clear skies. And so you remember what a big deal it was when maybe not so much today, but when you were trying to pick an internet provider.
Speaker 4: And you would you could see like a US map and their coverage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it.
Speaker 3: Would show hot spots and all the cities and stuff like that. So you're kind of you're dependent on cell towers, right, not anymore. All these satellites that that that starlink has been putting into the Internet, and you've probably heard about them how they've they've been helpful getting people online and like Ukraine, yeah, you know you can have you can have a generator and a starlink and boom you're on the Internet.
Speaker 1: You know. Wow.
Speaker 3: And so I think what I was reading about the deal was with AT and T doesn't matter. But you're basically gonna have full full coverage, like you won't have those dead zones like when you get out into West Texas or something like that, Like we don't have a bunch right here in Austin. But when you're on a long road trip and you're like, eh, you're in a dead spot, you can be for hours. Yeah, Texas to Colorado, which is a trip I make a lot. There's a lot of dead spots. But anyway, that's the gist of it is uh, I think it was AT and T if not, one of the carriers is doing a deal with Starlink, which means you're just gonna have tons more courage.
Speaker 1: Here's the deal.
Speaker 2: It's starting in July, direct to sell Starlink service will be free for T mobiles priceiest go five G next plan and fifteen dollars per month for everyone else on AT and T and Verizon. It's gonna be a little bit priceier. Okay, so on other plans, le's see. T Mobile said customers are mostly visable. I'm trying to find the AT and T.
Speaker 4: It's a few of the carriers though, that's it's not just yeah.
Speaker 2: It's not just one okay, even so, it's just a matter of price. Really, if you're on T Mobile, good for you. You're gonna get a little cheaper than everyone else. But I'm getting it.
Speaker 5: I just got finished arguing for like the fifth time with AT and T that our bill was too high. I got it down pretty good, and now it sounds like we're about to jack it right back up.
Speaker 2: Yeah we are because I want this for sure. I can't have dead spots.
Speaker 6: I can't have spots.
Speaker 1: I can't live it.
Speaker 6: You had to get through a dead spot.
Speaker 3: It's just I mean, it's just when you think of like cellular technology we've had, I mean, we're the where the generation who didn't have it at all, and now we're writing all this.
Speaker 1: This is another big step I think. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that means you're basically, even if you wanted to work on your laptop or whatever, you're gonna have an Internet connection with.
Speaker 3: Your smartphone anywhere. As long as you have clear skies. That's the thing to start. Like, you can't be like in the woods.
Speaker 2: Or clear vision of the sky, right, but it works through clouds and stuff.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, yeah, Okay, all right, that's exciting.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys ready to hear what the Internet is calling the most insufferable conversation ever.
Speaker 1: It's you ever heard of a woman named Jamie kern Lima.
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Jamie kern Lima is a billionaire. She had a cosmic cosmetics company that I don't know the name of that she sold it to like a Revlon or Este Later or something like that for a billion dollars.
Speaker 6: It's cosmetics.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, she has a very square jaw.
Speaker 4: She does.
Speaker 1: She looks like a boxer.
Speaker 2: She does have a very square job. Anyway, a pair of she is friends with Megan Markle and Jamie Kernleima did a podcast episode with Megan Markle and this is what they're saying is the most insufferable conversation ever.
Speaker 1: Check it out.
Speaker 7: The very first question because I think in friendship it's so important, and I think so many people also have this question for you is you know, Megan, how are you?
Speaker 6: And are you okay? That's so kind. I am. I'm better than okay.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 7: I know you always make it about me today, which, by the way, I just have to say, you are the most generous friend. You show up for your friends today.
Speaker 6: I just get to talk about you.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm excited about But how are you doing?
Speaker 6: There's so much going on. Good, I'm good.
Speaker 8: There's it's a lot of pinch me moments right now. And at the same time, I think because I'm so busy with so many different things, and for each of those projects to mention the show or the podcast, or the brand, the business.
Speaker 6: The most important thing that I work on every day.
Speaker 8: My practice is trying to really integrate it, to integrate the joy, integrate the joy.
Speaker 1: Everything she's done has failed.
Speaker 2: I everything she has done has failed, yep, everything.
Speaker 5: You know, her new product line, as ever, when her she sold the jams and they sold out, this is like two months ago. That's the only thing that's been sold, some jam and some honey. And I just read an article today that she's decided to step back and reassess as ever, so there might not be anything else that might be the next thing that she tried to launch that has failed.
Speaker 2: The Internet says it's the most insufferable conversation ever between Jamie kern Lima and Megan Markle. I.
Speaker 5: If I were to call up one of my girls or we were to be sitting somewhere talking and I would be like, you are the most giving friends I've ever They.
Speaker 6: Would be like, what shut up? What is wrong with you? Like that's just not how chicks talk to.
Speaker 5: Each other, So why do they do it that they don't know it's all for show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I don't know, JB.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't even know what to think about it, Like why are they working at all? This is royal family stuff for talking here a billionaire and a billionaire. Yeah, and what do they get? What do they get for speaking engagement? Whether it's Harry or Meghan Markle?
Speaker 1: Oh god?
Speaker 3: They hunter k to go speak for an hour and her her probably can fetch a lot, like and you're just they're just trying to act like they're regular people. Oh, because we podcasts. That's that's like that's like saying I'm my own lawn.
Speaker 4: That makes sense, yes, yeah, okay, oh oh.
Speaker 3: I added an extra fifteen thousand dollars to the family pool this year on the.
Speaker 2: Podcast, really chipped into the bottom line.
Speaker 4: But I don't know, it's just weird.
Speaker 6: Sweetness of it was just painful.
Speaker 2: It just makes as a woman, does that make you mad? It's like, well, repen so poorly.
Speaker 5: Yes, as I'm saying, girls don't generally talk to each other like that.
Speaker 2: Jimmie Lynn or Jimmy current Limas speaking fee typically ranges from one hundred to two hundred thousand dollars for live events and fifty to one hundred grand for virtual events. Wow, yeah, mean what about are they allowed to do speaking fees in the royal family.
Speaker 6: Remember they're not well, they're not part of.
Speaker 3: The royal family any they're removed, so they they've got to make their own living.
Speaker 2: God forbid. But then bitch about not getting any security, right, yeah, they won't pay for their own security. Let's see Megan Markle's speaking fee between two hundred and fifty and four hundred grand.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, okay, So if you're getting that kind of money for a speaking engagement, would you podcast?
Speaker 1: Would you podcast?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 1: No, no, no exactly. I'd speak.
Speaker 4: Two of those a year and call good bedad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: This article says that they can ask for a million dollars in order to do speaking engagements.
Speaker 2: Well, I think anyone can ask for a million. That's where they're not. You're gonna get it, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 5: There they are trying so hard to They left the Royal family for their so they can have some peace and and anonymity, and they're doing nothing but throwing themselves in front of the camera every chance they get.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 3: It's very critical we be a part of all this, yet they're constantly resting themselves into the limelight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but then they still want this the perks that go along with the royal family, like the security when they go back.
Speaker 6: I don't know, it's it's super annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to see the video of Jamie Kerr Lima.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about it. Stop, I'm just saying. It's quite a jaw line, right, I mean.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got to look at that.
Speaker 1: It's I mean, Jamie Kerr Lima, look her up, JB.
Speaker 6: I mean, but she's worth a billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you can forgive it.
Speaker 4: What's and what's their relationship?
Speaker 3: You're all rich, Yo, She's running to a few brick walls with that.
Speaker 4: Best I can figure, it's a strong jaw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's quite.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be the jerk that talks about appearance, but you brought it up.
Speaker 2: Stay with us more coming up on Austin's Eighties Station one three point one. Where does America rank on the list of the most prolific swearers? We're going to tell you in just a second. It's the Jami and Sandy Show. Thanks for being here. I got to tell you guys something about really cool. A longtime listener of ours, a friend of mine. His name is Harry Shaw. He's doing something really cool on June twenty eighth. It is a women's self defense seminar from eight until noon. Harry is a Krav Magog killer.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, so badly when I take your Magog class.
Speaker 2: He has, he studied kravmcgoth for years and he's he's one of those guys that can shove your head up your butt, you know what I mean. He just he's like that. He's just that guy. And I want to do that. I want to meet this guy. He's a great, great guy. And he's doing it at his place in Lakeway on June the twenty eighth. That's from eight until two o'clock. If you just google his and actually you can go to Harry's bodyshop dot com and get all the information that you need. And krop magas described as designed to give you the skills you need to protect yourself in a real world encounter. All right, So it's really it's built for you to end a confrontation with someone. It was developed by the Israeli military. They know a little bit about fighting.
Speaker 6: They got it down.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of that. It's great fitness, great self defense.
Speaker 2: Check out Harry's bodyshop dot com if you want to check that out again.
Speaker 1: It's on June twenty it so you've got plenty of time to register.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about its six hours and you're gonna get an education on how to protect yourself. That'd be six hours, very very well spent. And it's a women's only thing, So Harry, thank you for letting us know about that.
Speaker 1: It's very cool.
Speaker 2: Where do Americans rank when it comes to being prolific swearers? Well, kind of, to my surprise, we're number one. We're the best swears in the world.
Speaker 5: Two studies have proven that we're number one.
Speaker 1: Will they say prolific? Does that mean good.
Speaker 3: At or prolific means there's more like outstanding.
Speaker 6: I think it's a lot too and do it often.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would have guessed the English or swear much more than us.
Speaker 2: It sounds way cooler when they do. I know that UK is second. Yes, okay, what about the filthy Irish?
Speaker 1: Are they on there?
Speaker 5: They're the ones that I would thought would be first because they filthy Irish, they.
Speaker 1: Toss some words out there. You don't dare say here.
Speaker 3: No, that's they're coming here. That's coming from guy with the last name Mackelrie. Very right.
Speaker 1: Ah. But the Irish people out there, what do you mean? Filthy? You know what I mean? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But how I would not I would not have pegged us first because the English like they throw around some nasty words like it's no big deal and the wine in particular, Okay, careful because it's radio.
Speaker 4: But they they used the.
Speaker 3: C word along, which is in America is like the most offensive thing you can do to a woman, hands down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they use it all the time.
Speaker 3: But they they not only use it in a derogatory fashion, they use it in a term of endearment.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's weird when they say that.
Speaker 6: It doesn't sound as horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not as horrible.
Speaker 5: Do you remember saying my bad word rocks JB. I did a I did had a little stint where I wrote bad words on rocks. It's way cooler than it sounds, and I sold them at a couple of bazaars. And I did not have that particular word on any of the rocks. For that exact reason, and that is the most requested word that people asked if I had on a rock, the.
Speaker 3: Painted a rock, paint it on a rock. We got to unpack this. You were painting rocks and selling them at a bazaars. You can't closs over this.
Speaker 5: I was trying to not make it about my bad word rocks, which are amazing I have. I would get river rocks and I would paint them black, and then I would get white paint, and then like typeset font, like a typewriter front, I would just stamp a bad word like bad words on.
Speaker 6: It and sell them.
Speaker 5: And they were amazing, and so yeah, I still have a box of the enroblems.
Speaker 2: You you never found your aug I didn't find my place to sell it. You were at like in neighborhoods in Cedar Park.
Speaker 6: Like I had.
Speaker 5: We were in a church parking lot, and so many did the sign of the cross when they saw my rocks.
Speaker 6: Right, Probably not the best location, right, And.
Speaker 2: You needed to be like at a at a reggae festival or a slip knock concert.
Speaker 5: You and I talked about hosting a dirty bozam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just bring your dirty stuff and we'll sell it here.
Speaker 6: Because always the best boot with a bazam. We call them bizam's.
Speaker 5: Landry couldn't say bizarre when she was little, so we just thought she would say, bizam is the table that has the biggest line, is the table that's selling the dirty stuff, the bad words stuff.
Speaker 6: So we were gonna have it nothing but a dirty bizam.
Speaker 1: The dirty bazam.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we should still do that, should still do it. I think it'd be amazing.
Speaker 1: That would be fun.
Speaker 6: I bet i'd sell a hell of a lot of rocks.
Speaker 1: I bet you would too. You gotta make the C word one though, I.
Speaker 6: Feel like it, you know how they I don't know if I can say it on the radio or not.
Speaker 1: Not, well, then don't, Okay, then don't.
Speaker 2: The thing that is important with using swear words is not over using them one, because that's just class Like someone that curses all the time.
Speaker 1: It's just like, well you got no class at all? Yeah, right, zero and two.
Speaker 2: Teaching your kids just swear correctly, it's very important, Like you gotta really we've taken time to like point out when it's the right time to drop in an F bomb, you know what I.
Speaker 4: Mean, Like I'm always trying to validate my flaws.
Speaker 3: But one of them I've seen pop up on social media is that people who cuss.
Speaker 4: A lot tend to be higher intelligence.
Speaker 1: Have you seen that?
Speaker 6: I have heard that. Actually now that I think, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to believe.
Speaker 3: Thing goes back and forth, but I've seen that on multiple occasions.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that because I mean I had a boss when I wasn't working with you, JB.
Speaker 1: She had the faullist mouth I ever heard in my life.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's like running down the hall with walking down the hall loudly f words and there's like a boy scout troop around the corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, it was like Wow, just didn't have to happen all the time. So I guess America we should be proud. They were the most prolific swearers. That's hard for me to say.
Speaker 6: I felt oddly patriotic about that. I feel a little bit proud of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somewhere there's a Frenchman going whatever you guys, yeah you just yeah. So anyway, a suburb, a suburb that we have made good fun of over the years, has now landed us the number eight best place to live in the United States, according to US News and World Reports.
Speaker 1: And I feel kind of awkward bringing this up.
Speaker 3: Because suburbs we have made fun of over the years that, let's with that place.
Speaker 2: We used to always have to tell they boil your water, you know, even when you didn't have to.
Speaker 3: Wa Kyle No, So we used to make fun like back in the day, especially so I grew up in Georgetown, and which has kind of become a sophisticated place, but we were George Patch back then. We would make fun of Leander Thal's there you go and Cedar Choppers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's Leander is the number eight best place to live in the United States.
Speaker 1: Wow, believe that?
Speaker 2: I mean, wow, that's just I mean it's really blown up in Leander number three spot and just in the state. So there's, you know, number eight in the country, but number three in the state of Texas. Perland was number three on the list, by the way, the number one place I've never heard of. Top three places to live Johns Creek, Georgia, Carmel, Indiana.
Speaker 1: I've been through Indiana.
Speaker 2: I ain't no part right, And and then you got Proland and then going down the list, skipping to Leander number eight.
Speaker 4: Leander Man, that's wild.
Speaker 6: That was who did the list?
Speaker 1: US News and World Reports.
Speaker 6: So they got to be fun places, right News?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right?
Speaker 2: But Leander, I mean it's funny. I was talking to a friend of mine. He's lived in Central Austin forever and we live in Cedar Park. He's like, he goes, dude, I was up in Cedar Park. Same this applies for Leander too. It's like you have no reason to leave Cedar Park anymore. You know everything, everything's there now. Same thing with Leander. I don't actually know where Cedar Park ends and Leander begins.
Speaker 6: I don't either.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone knows.
Speaker 2: It's like this imaginary line out there somewhere, and I have no idea where it is.
Speaker 3: So it's funny though, yeah, growing I mean, we were Hillbillies grown up in Georgetown, and we could easily make fun of.
Speaker 1: You could easily make fun of them idiots over the right.
Speaker 3: It's like all these birds are like sophisticated cool places.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, Jamie, when was the last time you were in Georgetown? Because it ain't the same place you grew up in.
Speaker 3: No I mean I've I've ducked in and out of there a couple of times, h and had like, there's cool wine bars and stuff.
Speaker 4: Now one of the best things that was So that was Dry County.
Speaker 3: When I was grown up. You couldn't even buy beer and wine. Yeah exactly. Yeah, and uh and so it was just once they opened that up. I still have some friends that live in Georgetown. They're like, oh, yeah, now it's like the downtown Square. You can get beer and wine and walk around open container.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Not that the world revolves around beer and wine, but it just is less of a conservative place that it always was.
Speaker 2: What's next a brothel on the Square.
Speaker 3: It probably is a history of that somewhere, right, they probably is, but it's just it's just has revived downtown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cool. Georgetown is blown up. I mean it's expensive now.
Speaker 1: I've looked. I've looked. Not long ago.
Speaker 3: I was like, I wonder what homes are going for in Georgetown. I was like, uh, this isn't any less than Austin. Right, what's the river San Gabriel San Gabriel River, Yeah, it's gorgeous, gorgeous.
Speaker 2: And then there's I mean some really high end neighborhoods have popped up in Georgetown too, Like Cimarron Hills is beautiful.
Speaker 1: They ever been there?
Speaker 4: No, never heard of it.
Speaker 6: I've never been in it.
Speaker 1: I have a friend that lives there.
Speaker 2: It's just this gorgeous neighborhood with big lots and it's on a golf course.
Speaker 1: It's cool, it's really really cool.
Speaker 2: Well, I have dropped two of the snottiest golf courses in Texas. I've dropped Spanish Oaks earlier and now I'm dropping Cimmarron Hills, neither which would allow me to be a member there.
Speaker 5: Who is your friend that the perpetual guest.
Speaker 2: America's Guests, America's Guests, Well, the original America's Guest was our friend, then John, and now it's David McMillen. Oh GB I'll tell you a quick funny story about snotty off courses, and this is just funny in.
Speaker 1: General, even if you don't know anything about golf.
Speaker 2: Buddy of mine went to play golf at this course in Illinois called Butler National and it's it's like up there with Augusta National.
Speaker 1: It's naughty, snotty, snotty.
Speaker 2: And he got there and He was a guest of somebody. He's out in the parking lot and he's changing from his tennis shoes into his golf shoes, and he putting his shoes on. He looks up and sees a guy in slacks and standing over the top of him. He kind of looks up at him. Guy looks down at him. He says, sir, we have a locker room for that.
Speaker 3: Because he was changing in the parking changing his shoes.
Speaker 1: He was right, right, I would have left.
Speaker 2: I would have left. What am I going to do wrong next? It would be my feeling. So anyway, wrapping this up and wrapping up this, Jab and Sandy our leander celebrate