Speaker 1: On Ah. Welcome to the CEO pre show for episode four sixty seventy two.
Speaker 2: Four sixty seventy two.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, Yes, sir, were here, brought to you by the wonderful patrons at patreon dot com slash CECO podcast whether they like it or not, and producer Gary Oh yeah, we love him, whether he likes it or not. Yeah, And this this wonderful Luca mask and untimely demise cup. Hey, don't spill, it's empty.
Speaker 2: I drank.
Speaker 1: Oh you drank all year.
Speaker 2: I drank all my nog already, you got knogged. I'm gonna have some more after the pre show before the regular show. Actually, this is my second egg nog I've had all year. Third egg nog because I had someone that on your show that I was on Christmas Tribuna.
Speaker 1: Yes, I still maintain I won that.
Speaker 2: By the way, I know that I finished like fourth out of four people, but I still feel morally a victory for me.
Speaker 1: There, fourth out of four. It's like golf score, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, I had the lowest score. Doesn't that mean I win?
Speaker 2: Well? There, you see, I'm basically the Tiger Woods of Christmas cribba.
Speaker 1: Christmas cribvia Christmas cribvia Holy God. It has been a long.
Speaker 2: Week, everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really has puking all over the place at my family's and lots of alcohol infused fighting and Uncle Brando had to work all week with no bathroom break. Yeah, which which particularly for you as a particular problem if you've been to a CEO experience you'll understand, yes, man.
Speaker 2: Although no drunken fighting during my Christmas revelry. Although a relative did get drunk and go to sleep on the dog's bed right pretty good, and everybody's like, well where is he? And he's like under you know the blanket that's on the couch, right m hm. He had taken the blanket on the like, off of the couch in the form that it is crumpled up on the coach. We all know what I'm talking about, and he just placed it on top of himself on the dog bed, so just his head and his feet were poking out, so if you didn't know he was there, you couldn't see. It was very funny.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: I was like, well where is he? And you just he's over there and they look a good. He had like, man, he had so much beer. He just got laid off.
Speaker 1: Christmas layoff drunk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you're rolled and you're like, oh, this isn't gonna go well, and then.
Speaker 1: Like it was, it was, it was actually fine.
Speaker 2: And then he passed out on the dog bed at the blanket on him, so everything.
Speaker 1: Went, yeah, it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want those situations to end.
Speaker 1: I I took a puck right to the shin. Jeez, yeah that was a good one. I took a lot of beers and a lot of whiskeys right to the mouth.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, lots of ham, lots of turkey. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I forget how much I like just ham until I love getting ham. Like my my mom made like one of those like bone in like just like lumps of ham, like half of a pig leg or whatever the.
Speaker 1: H Yeah, that's the best kind. And like we ate it.
Speaker 2: And it was fine. And then like the next morning.
Speaker 1: Sam, for lunch, you fucking diesel it ham again again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, I ate the rest of the pig like in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a little bit.
Speaker 2: Because I wanted to be respectful of myself during the Christmas meal and I wanted to make sure I got to eat all the things that I eat, but the next day, fuck that, I just ate, dude, one hundred pounds of ham. I've sat there, put some franks.
Speaker 1: I've been on it full. I've been full all of December, Like the whole month. I've been full. I wake up in the morning and it's like, oh, I'm feeling pretty full, like in the morning. But what did I do? What did you do all of December?
Speaker 2: Tell me?
Speaker 1: Just ate, just ate until my family didn't respect me anymore.
Speaker 2: We all talked about my work lots. But one thing I'll say around Christmas is there's always booze, and there's always soda, and there's always.
Speaker 1: Snacks, oh baking.
Speaker 2: Not because work, but because of our good friend Aaron McNutt. Yes, never lets us down.
Speaker 1: What did she bring this year?
Speaker 2: She brought cookies. She always makes me a special batch of cookies, those ones that are gingerbread, like soft gingerbread, Yeah, with the white chocolate dip on them. Every year she gets a special one just for me because I don't know where we're buds and I like that. I appreciate that. And then she brought some fudge mcnut fudge, which I appreciate to say. And then she brought some kind of like square of some sort that had some like I think it's coconut on it, which wasn't necessarily my favorite thing, but the fact that it was there was pretty cool because she didn't have to do that and she did. It is a neat time.
Speaker 1: I didn't give nutfudge to anybody over the Christmas holidays, and that is that's sad. You know, you're get an old when, yeah, you don't get to give fudge out for Christmas.
Speaker 2: That's because it's just dust. It turns into not dust.
Speaker 1: That's I think I dusted a tear last time.
Speaker 2: That's because you have a child, so you you do the Christmas with like the magic and the kids and the Wondering Key and all that stuff. Whereas I believe this or not. As basically the mummy, I'm actually the youngest one in my family. So like you're we don't have you you are the young I am the youngest.
Speaker 1: When was your family born during the Big Bang?
Speaker 2: Likely right exactly. It was like the dust that eventually formed into the planets, and my mom and dad that's what it was, floating through nothing because space wasn't there.
Speaker 1: Your mother's so old, she's just dust.
Speaker 2: She wasn't even dust because dust didn't exist yet. Oh so like we don't have any of that kind of like the Christmas morning and the kids are excited.
Speaker 1: It's just like, let's crack a beer.
Speaker 2: Fuck, here's a beer in a blanket I bought you. Why'd you tell me it was a blanket before I end wrapped it?
Speaker 1: Shut up?
Speaker 2: Right, Like that's how Christmas is, right, Like, not that crass, but that's essentially the energy was given off. Yeah, and then we eat the baking and the cookies and like the chakutie board.
Speaker 1: And we yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Did we play see it? I like playing scene it?
Speaker 1: Seen it? I freaking hate playing games with my family. I hate it.
Speaker 2: Well, you gotta have a family that likes to play games. You was good at playing different.
Speaker 1: They do like playing games. But when I play games against my family, it's like I'm out for blood. I'm trying to freaking win, and I'm sitting there just tanking. Like like a complex magic play. Here's some magic talk, and I'm I got like ace of freaking clubs and a four of diamonds and a six of hearts. I'm like, what the fuck? How do I how do I win? Right? And I'm tanking and they're like, hurry up. I'm like, I'm thinking, you're not supposed to think. You're supposed to just play. This is playing. This is how I have fun, trying to win these freaking matching games with bicycle cards. And I'm like, there's two decks. How many jacks did we see? That means there's one more cards over here? Oh yeah, I'm dude. I play the bicycle games hard and guess what freaking winat my family. I I actually have some more magic talk. I have a couple of things pulled up. Okay, we did the math on it. We're going to talk on our show tomorrow about twenty twenty four, the year that was right, all the sets that came out, our favorite legies, how many decks you built, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I did some looking back myself preview for the show, and I got what I think might be a pretty hot take about this year. Might not surprise you the angle that I'm coming at it from, but I think it's still going to be surprising based on like the reviews of how the year went. Throughout the year. I'm some stuff I want to say.
Speaker 1: Uncle Brando has a hot take. Weird first one since like twenty seventeen, I know, right, yeah two and twenty nineteen terrible year. That's a bad year for Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Well, okay, we did the math at at least as best as we think we could. Yes, three hundred and twenty six new Commanders, not reprints.
Speaker 2: I feel so bad for the people that are trying to build every legendary. Hey, I feel so bad for those people.
Speaker 1: While twenty twenty three saw three hundred and twenty six legends just from the Lord of the Ring sets, so twenty twenty four not quite as egregious, but three hundred and twenty four new ones, some characters redesigned. Of course, we saw the Fallout set, We saw Assassin's Creed, all that stuff. We're going to talk about.
Speaker 2: All those planes walkers that just turned into creatures.
Speaker 1: In Cowboy hats, yeah, in cab hats. Yeah. That's my favorite part of the year, is that exact saying. So we're gonna talk about all of that I built. Of the three hundred and twenty four, I built one of them.
Speaker 2: I want to stay you two I think two, but one of them I did twice.
Speaker 1: You did the Raccoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you did did Bellow both good.
Speaker 1: And Jank Yes, and you did Rev and Rev yeah too.
Speaker 2: And then I have this Black Deck mex Neck Lady, yes, who will eventually helm my green Black Deck. But that hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so's year and a half, okay, and we have, oh man, so many sets. I've got a list of the sets and the secret layers. Maybe we'll talk about the secret layers a little bit whatever. And I've got the top commanders from the past two years because that's how dh rec works. Sure, but when you go down the list specifically just looking for commanders that were printed in twenty twenty four, I have the top three or four or five, like, I know where they are on the list. And that was what we were gonna do for the guessing game.
Speaker 2: Oh see, we're gonna so if you can get how many do they have to get? Right?
Speaker 1: Well, I just want to see if people can like do it, because okay, like this, if you can.
Speaker 2: Guess one of them that's in the top five without peaking, you're entered to win. How about that.
Speaker 1: Sure, there's Rapnicker remastered, but there's no reprints there murders at karlov manor Clue Fallout Outlaws at thunder Junction, and the Big Score or Breaking News whatever, what's his name was, Big Score.
Speaker 2: That's where loot was loot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lout, lout Lot, Modern Horizons, three Assassin's Creed, Bloomborrow, Dusk Morn and Foundations and Foundations and all of their associated jump starts or Commander products. I'm not discounting those, yes, and man, three hundred and eighty four of them. So like if you don't know without looking or filtering to that on scry fall or or or dh reck, if you know how to do that, you'll never get it.
Speaker 2: The only one that when you said that this is what we're gonna do, the only one that even dawned in my brain was the moth Man. And that's because I've heard lots of CDH talk on social media about that commander.
Speaker 1: So maybe maybe.
Speaker 2: It's one of them, but I without hints, I will never guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, and I'm gonna tell you on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, let me guess one. Let me guess one. What's the top one. We'll guess it together there on me and the nation. We'll see if the nation can beat me. You give me hints, I'll try and guess who it is. The top one of the comments can try and beat me. Yes, the top one is look at the people that not the screen.
Speaker 1: Don't I know where it is on the screen. So I'm just gonna give you a hint, and I think that you're gonna get it because you had a pretty good track already, which is a hint. The top one was a critically acclaimed TV series this year. That that's that's the hint.
Speaker 2: That's a fallout, commander right.
Speaker 1: I gave my hint.
Speaker 2: Well, no, because because I already I already said the moth Man's it was probably not him. Uh, it's too bad.
Speaker 1: All the rum's gone.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna guess. I'm gonna say probably not the energy person. Even though people wanted.
Speaker 1: Energy, the Energy guy wasn't even top five. Really Oh wow, okay, like the Kaladesh Energy Guy or whatever. Well like from Modern horrieson three, that energy guy.
Speaker 2: Right, there was an energy guy inn followed as well the big Robot that was an energy Oh co two it was it, mister house.
Speaker 1: I will say this also, Oh, there are two fallouts in the top five.
Speaker 2: Is one of them in the moth Man? Yes, okay, okay, cool, all right, see so I gave you there you go.
Speaker 1: Those are the hints. Was it is? It? Is it? Mister House. Mister House is in the top five, but it's not mister House. Mister House is not the top one. No, man.
Speaker 2: So there's two fallouts in the top five.
Speaker 1: Yes, Follout was popular.
Speaker 2: Does that mean that three of the top ones? Or is there another TV show that I'm missing?
Speaker 1: There is not another TV show that you're missing.
Speaker 2: So there has to be another followed one.
Speaker 1: I would love there to be an Assassin's Creed TV show, though that would be Keel would like that. Yeah, and that was not a hint. Okay, yeah, man, you know what I really enjoyed and maybe we can do on the on the look ahead for twenty twenty five is theorizing or guessing what universes being on crossovers will get. So often during the year, did people say what about this? What about this? After we talked about it? Yeah, and and just randomly, like I'll be in the shower, like jerking off or something. I'll be like, oh man, we should do this secret layer and like it would be super cool, But now I don't remember what any of them are.
Speaker 2: You should write them down. That's what you always telling.
Speaker 1: Me to do, You're right, Yeah, yes, yes, mostly with important stuff like your job and grocery lists and yeah, not important dates. Yeah no, So who's that's the only thing that you do freakin write down though?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this magic, that's true. Actually, yesterday I made a list of mono black creatures with evasion that do something really good that costs less than three mm. It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Mm so who don't give it away?
Speaker 2: I said that one like four times.
Speaker 1: Well I wasn't giving it away. Well, this has been the command or go pre SIOW for episode four seventy two.
Speaker 2: Let's Interview twenty twenty four
Speaker 1: Hit our theme song Burberver