Speaker 1: All right, the NFL Draft is coming up.
Speaker 2: It actually begins tomorrow, coming up here in a few minutes, we'll talk about the NFL Draft concert headliner. But before we get there, man, I'm so excited about this, Like, I love this time of year. I think the NFL is the best sport and this you know, the second best season is the NFL Draft season. Uh, And it's just a spectacular time. The Cowboys have the twelfth overall pick, right number twelve, Number twelve. I wish it was a better pick. They just won some meaningless games. It didn't tank like it would have liked them too. So they're they're at twelve, and you're hearing a lot of things like, well, they just need the right guy to drop to them, Like if they were a little bit higher, they might be in the sweet spot to get a better player.
Speaker 1: But they just need some things to work out.
Speaker 2: But it sounds like there's outside of the top three picks, there's a lot of uncertainty all the way from four to twelve.
Speaker 1: Is that fair to say?
Speaker 3: Yes, because I think a lot of trades are going to happen, and there's really two great player in the draft, Trenis Hunter and Abdul Carter.
Speaker 4: And there's not a lot of big names at the top of the draft. Yeah, and so then it gets into that all right, am I okay taking a five to eleven guy at twelve. You know, there's questions I got all throughout the first round because it's just not I mean, this idea that that running back from Boise State might go top five now is comical to me.
Speaker 3: It's it's absolutely happening. The Vegas lines have shifted Jacksonville at five, and New England wants to trade it for So if you want to leap frog Jacksonville and their new nineteen year old general manager, you can now.
Speaker 1: Nine year old dude. He's so young he is.
Speaker 3: I mean, I say, it's like a JD situation though, like he's the youngest general manager ever, head coaches one of the youngest guys. And if you want to jump five and get to four, maybe and the Giants are sitting there at three and they're like, how do you know we don't want to trade back?
Speaker 1: You got? Dion Son is another very intriguing element.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of stuff coming out about him that says he's the most entitled interview we've ever had.
Speaker 1: Where do you think the highest he could go is highest? I mean, hypothetically three? You really think the Giants would take him at three? No? No, I don't. I mean I never once this year thought he was a first round courd.
Speaker 3: Hypothetically three, I think the lowest t would go is thirty five.
Speaker 2: In fairness to him, he didn't have a good offensive line and he led the nation in like completion percentage and touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Like he doesn't suck. No, No, I don't think he sucks at all. I think he's you know, I think he is. I think he's a less athletic Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 4: Baker Mayfield number one in the draft, so and then bounced around.
Speaker 3: You know, he's very calm. Okay, he just say he's not gonna run much because he's slow. But the very strange Dion Sun is slow.
Speaker 1: The best thing that can.
Speaker 2: Happen to the Cowboys would be for one of an elite player to drop to twelve. That's probably not gonna happen, right, It would be the Giant receiver or Gent somehow dropping all the way to twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's levels to the thing.
Speaker 3: So like Gent, Travis Hunter and Abdul Carter will probably the three names like the really great players in this draft or running back makes him probably sliding a little bit. Then you have that next group of players, and yeah, McMillan, to me, isn't that you know? Some people have Matthew Golden is the best wide receiver in the draft. I personally don't, but I think McMillan's quite a bit bigger. So there's an interesting thing that's happening. Peter Schrager, he just went from the NFL network to ESPN, right.
Speaker 1: I normally don't.
Speaker 3: Pay attention to him too much, but over the last like three or four years, he always ends up having a really good mock draft and he only does one, and he released his today and it's gotten Ted McMillan going at nineteen. What's got the Cowboys taking an offensive guard at twelve? But every year at the end of it you look at his and you're like, Okay, he knew stuff and he's not a scout.
Speaker 1: Wait nineteen, guy nineteen?
Speaker 4: Is that Tampa Bay in nineteen Mike Evan's replacement?
Speaker 1: Okay? Maybe?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I heard some chatter too that there might that they're like like Courtland Sutton might be available yeah, I did it, and so I'm like, okay, but he's about to be thirty. But I'm like, if you go it, could the Cowboys wheel and deal and go get a veteran receiver to be their number two receiver and then don't.
Speaker 3: Have to do That's the area Corling Sutton at twenty for Denver twenty one Pittsburgh with George Pickens. He's on the market too if you want him, and he's a head case. I think he's on the market because they know he and Aaron Rodgers will not work together. If they go the Aaron Rodgers route. They could take Shador Sanders at twenty one. But that's where the trading back for the Cowboys could make sense of those spots, and maybe they're like, Okay, well, we don't have to draft wide receiver. We can draft as someone else here and we can trade and get a receiver in act in.
Speaker 1: A draft like this.
Speaker 4: I got zero issues with staying at twelve and just taking a guard.
Speaker 3: The guy they got is the safest player in the draft, the guy that Schreger mocked them. His name is Tyler Booker. Is your Zach Martin replacements. He's just really good man. I would like it, but they have to get more juice. I will like anytime there's a lineman. I don't watch film, and I just remember everybody was so upset about Tyler Smith.
Speaker 1: He's great, and he's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's great, And I didn't want Zach Martin and I'm an idiot, dude.
Speaker 4: The guy they drafted last year might end up being really good. It takes guys a while.
Speaker 3: But both of them BBN Guytin, you know, that's the all thing. And I don't know what they're I don't know what they're thinking. I don't know what's it. Kellen Moore in the Saints at nine is very intriguing because they could take the wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Do you see it? And you have to figure that out. There's no chance to say take shador Is there.
Speaker 3: Don't think so there's the buzzes that know. See what people are now wanting to do is trade back into the first round from early in the second round.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: That's where I think there's the action to come into the twenties and get Shahdor Sanders. Tyler Schuck is twenty five. He used to play at Tech and at Oregon, and he was at Louisville. He's a really good quarterback. Jackson Dart is the guy from Mississippi. So there's three or four quarterbacks that could go, but they want to take them in the twenties, not you know, in the top ten or top fifteen.
Speaker 1: All Right, it's ju say and it gets here tomorrow.
Speaker 2: The NFL Draft coming up next, the NFL Draft concert headliner.
Speaker 1: As some people head scratching, that's next.