Speaker 1: That's the handoff, and now it's time to catch up. So you said cup number three, Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, that is Cup number three, and it's finally hitting man. Right before I jumped on, I was still kind of trying to figure it out. I'm feeling I'm signing to get it back.
Speaker 1: Obviously, we will end with Cliffhanger, as we always do. But last night we say I saved the Western Conference discussion for when you get to come by because of the chaos that is a different kind of chaos in the West than it is in the East. Western Conference matchups last night Houston at Hell and a shell tiede Vancouver won one. Kansas City, I think with the shock of the night beating Colorado for to one at Children's Mercy Cincinnati on the road, knocking the Loons out to one, and then you end up with Salt Lake, who's been trying to find themselves, you know, when you don't have a die Gomez anymore, and they did last night at home at Rio Tinto against Dallas three to two and Austin tiet one on the road. But if you look at Sebastian Dreusei's social media's he might be over the whole thing in Austin. You mentioned Seattle and San Jose. That should have been three points for you and it only ended up being one. I can just imagine what sports talk is going to be outside of us this morning and then the the chaos of Portland and Los Angeles. You Dylan Butler was on yesterday from MLS Soccer dot com. He said it was going to be a six ' five banger. Unfortunately the juice boxes only went up to five and a half and it was a four figure number and if you went five and a half, if you went over on five and a half, you came out and the juice boxes pretty sexy. Because Portland put four on LA. It was chaotic, but it didn't seem like it was going to be, you know, like it was going to be close at times, like it was at three to two, and then Portland gets a one from more or elate to go four to with the Western Conference With what happened last night, what do you think?
Speaker 2: First of all, I mean, that was a Mexican brawl and knew you knew that coming in. I mean that was like Morales Barrera, like pac Man Marquees, like you know it was gonna be, you know, all out because there are two offensive squads, right, I mean, you can tell what you want about the Timbers back line and the deficiencies defensively, by boy, do they have weapons on the offensive side, and so do LA. So that was a great game. There's one of the ones that kept me up last night watching ninety minutes of it, and you could just see it right. So when I look at the standings, man, I just think that it's a good reflection of what's going on. For the most part, I feel like Seattle's still above where they really should be. I think that oursel now has a chance to win the Western Conference. LAFC dropping points, LAFC has They've struggled, and I've seen it consistently. Now they've went back to a four man back line, and I'm not sure is because of the Murijo injury, and I feel like they're at their best when they're playing with those three monsters in the back. Not sure if there's also a little bit of exhausting players and a lot of like the grind of the entirety of the season, bu Wanga, kick Olivera, all these guys that were at a really high level at one point. Right now they're they're just not as high and they've really they've really struggled with that. They really need those guys to be on points. So I think Oursel last night they founded without Carlos Gums. Finally they've struggled to do that. Julio was the demand. I mean he did everything out, running defenders, doing the Audigino type of shots from have field, putting it together. No Chicho, right, and you still get a good result against a good team that really challenged you because Dallas did that. So I think RSSEL can really get up there. So I think still from one to four, that's what you're gonna get. It doesn't matter how those four move. I think that those four teams that you see right now, Galaxy, RSL, LAFC, and Colorado, those are gonna fight those four spots until the end of the season. I don't see anybody below that get in above. I see Seattle maybe maybe struggling. We'll see what happened with Houston. That's their next game, right and they have a bye week, so teams are gonna be able to get some coins on them, so in ten days they'll face Houston directly can be back by then because you know how much Houston misses that guy. So I just think that we'll see a lot of movement. Seattle still get in, I have no doubt Settle still get in, but I think Portland and Houston are gonna be above the Seattle Sounders by the end of the seas.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's and we're looking at the same thing in the Eastern Conference, although it's a little lower where traditionally you see the Purple team on the slow fade. Once Oscar Pere how realizes, oh I'm in the playoffs now, then you just kind of see Traditionally you would see them kind of go. Charlotte is the one that is really doing that, and that angle is pretty steep for Charlotte right now, with five matches to go in the regular season, they were in the seven. They've only won once in the last two months, and if it wasn't for Christian Kalina, I think they'd be a lot worse. But they're the ones that are doing the fade, and they're drawing Toronto into the seven. Philly and DC and Atlanta and Nashville and Montreal. Everybody who is seven teams five points from nine to fifteen. They hit a hot streak. They're drawing themselves up close. I think Charlotte's the team to look at in the home stretch here and kind of sit there and go, I don't know, man.
Speaker 2: First of all, talking about Nashville, I mean bj Kallen had just came and figured it out. I mean, what is going on? I thought nasha was a team that we would not worry about for the rest of the season, and they found some fire. They found it just recently. So a couple of wings back to back. I think Orlando they also have figured out, and that team is very talented, and if they continue to play oh Haita in that tank position just seems to be on real for condo tourists, is very confident, whether it's Enriquez or whether it's Duncan. They have some really good strikers and finish yours off top. So that's gonna be interesting. But I give you, and I do buy in on Charlotte just not having enough. Sometimes your goalkeeper can only do so much, defensive presence can only do so much, and when you can't challenge teams and you can get back from at least a one zero deafest said, it's just very hard to do and I just don't think they have enough creative players to generate enough to just be able to come back from a game whether there's a one zero deficit two zero deficit, and in MLS you need that from time to time. So I'll give you that. I still believe in in Atlanta. I still think DC United's gonna have some to say. So we'll see, but I do see Charlotte being the team that comes off to Toronto. Man to Toronto's that's so hard to figure out sometimes because I feel like they have the components to be a tough playoff team, but they got to get there first. They got to get their first and their schedule is not easy necessarily. I like a lot of the talent, I like a lot of the pieces because they end up playing they finished the season with Miami, they play Red Bulls. Chicago is an easy one, but there's just some some games there Colorado where you know things can get complicated for Toronto. But I'm with you. I think Charlotte can be the team that comes off the easiest.
Speaker 1: And three out of four in that Toronto mess because they only have one less they got one less match and everybody else so three of those mentioned in the run and it's gonna be pretty tough. We were having a philosophical argument on the show this week. Obviously here people are frustrated about the state of things and uh, you know, wanting more players in the transfer window, even though you end up with Amador and mid un Chuok, you're still looking for that winger. You're still looking for the starting nine. Uh, you're looking for a head coach all you're looking for a technical director GM, whatever you want to call it. And there was frustration here in the market about fans throwing their hands up basically, and it's just like, look, I just don't even go into the playoffs, don't make it in play the kids. Those kinds of things are you seeing in the Western Conference? Not necessarily in Seattle because Brian's already playing the kids, because you mentioned Red Baker, Whiting and Paul Rothrock getting minutes and things like that. Are you seeing the teams that are kind of hovering toward the playoff bar in the Western Conference? Are you sensing the same kind of frustration from them? Or when you interact with other fan bases, are you seeing fans that want to sit there and it's like, yeah, I mean I want to push into the playoffs. I want to see where we can go. Or are you seeing fans that are apathetic with those teams right there on the edge. So it's like, now, we'll go ahead and we'll work on what's wrong with us and we'll get ready for next season.
Speaker 2: What do you see? Yeah? The two famisies that they see the most frustrated are ones that I think we saw coming and I told you they were going to be ahead of cold season, which is Minnesota. And those fans that they want just radical changes and they want things to just get figured out. And even if they do have the coach for the future, they feel like the the future in terms of players is just not there right. They don't have that, they don't have enough of the new DPS to know where they're going. There are questions about Pooky, and there's questions about the style of play. So those are the fan bases that I feel like maybe are in that let's just if we don't make it, maybe it'll be good for us to just reset, restart it and get going. In Austin, Austin fans as well. They have been fed up for a very long time. You mentioned the Rusie. We go back to Fagundes and the problems that they had with him and how much the fan base loved him. There's many that have been calling for the head coach for a very long time and they haven't got that. So that could be another team that they would rather perhaps just not make that push at the end of the season, be eliminated, and then that's going to create what everybody's been looking for, which is changes from the top all the way to the bottom.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's Cliffhanger time, and we know what that means. This is where we sit there and look at our buddy, Nico's juice boxes and figure out what he wants to do with him in addition to his cups of coffee and all weekend long, and we get an early start and it's an intriguing one. On Saturday, Messi and Friends on the road to Yankee Stadium to take on NYC. It's a two o'clock start in in the Yankee Stadium in the Bronx slight underdog Messi and Friends. After what happened last night, NYC's favored at a plus one forty seven. I'm just gonna run through games and you just start talking about him when you want to talk about something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are the numbers of New to Miami again?
Speaker 1: Plus one sixty? They are the road dog.
Speaker 2: She does a tough one simply because in New City of Sea gets blown out, but in in Miami got pushed in a limit by Atlanta and they have so many injuries, specifically in that back line. Ian Fray seems like he cannot go anymore. Christoph came off because he was done. I don't know if it was a cramp or he pulled something. We got at some point was on the ground holding his knee. I mean, there's a lot of components there where you know, maybe New York CITYFC does have a little bit of that edge. What are the goals on that? Maybe I'm more interested on the goals.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's check the goals on it and see where we are currently. Let's see the over under seriously. Yeah, man, last night the over under at five and a half for Portland and Lag was like plus two thousand. I mean, it was sick. It doesn't change until three two and a half is one fifty minus one fifty four three is a plus side at one oh six. Three and a half is a plus one sixty. So if you want to say two to one, you could get that out a plus one oh six. If you want to go higher than that, you're looking three and a half at plus one sixty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll probably go three and a half, three and a half, I feel comfortable with I think that that could be a minimum for that game in Miami, regardless of what's going on in the back end. You can tell and you can see how they were able to expose Atlanta a couple of times yesterday, but they were also exposed to times. I mean, if it's not because Moscarra cannot finish in front of goal, Atlanta probably wins that game. Three two. I mean that breakaway Moscara had on that right side. I mean, yes, obviously credit to the goalkeeper, but you should finish that. So I think this one could be three and a half at the very least. I'll take that, all right.
Speaker 1: Charlotte on the minus side, hosting the Revs at minus one forty seven c F Montreal plus one nineteen hosting Chicago Fire a plus two oh six crew and the Purple team seven thirty so seven forty start crew a minus one thirty three, Purple team a plus three twenty one. Your draw is a plus three oh three?
Speaker 2: Wow? Oh uh huh wow uh man. I don't know if I have the guts to take Orlando against Columbus, but that that that that is tempting, very tempting, for sure. What's the what are the goals on that one?
Speaker 1: I say, when when you weren't gonna pick a side, I'm sitting there thinking, Okay, he's looking at the number. He is absolutely looking at the number. Yeah, all right, So goals, we'll start at two and a half, two and a half a minus one seventy five. Three is a minus one oh nine. Three and a half is a plus is it? Three and a half is a plus one forty one?
Speaker 2: Jeez? Man? So so what's four? Does it go that high? Four and a half?
Speaker 1: Four and a half is plus three twenty three?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, there's a reason why that's so high. Yeah. Yeah, I mean, if I have to take on that, I probably I'll probably do the three and a half maybe, but yeah, that's a tough one. I think I would love to take orlanda city but they are so hard to figure out. And although they have looked a lot better, Columbus is Columbus, and I'm not betting against Columbus, all right.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna save Red Bulls in Atlanta, United and Seattle, and uh, what you're up to? Uh what you're You're off, aren't you? You don't have a you don't have a Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're off. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we've got a buye week.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'll save Red Bulls in Atlanta for last COPA Tajas Houston favored on the road at Q two at a plus one fifty taking on Austin FC. FC Dallas a dog at home, taking on LAFC, who's probably gonna come in mad at a plus one fourteen. FC Dallas a plus two oh nine. Nashville a big home dog against f C Cincinnati, no real surprise at a plus one eighty nine. FC Cincinnati's a plus one thirty seven. Sporting on the minus side minus one oh six, hosting the Loons at the plus two forty eight Rapids minus one thirty five hosting Toronto at plus three twenty two. RSL minus one twenty seven Portland to plus two seventy eight, Galaxy minus one eighteen hosting Vancouver at plus two seventy three and San Jose and All Caps. The Juice Boxers were like, put a blanket over that one more than the margin of error in and around plus one fifty Sunday game Philly and DC. Philly is minus one eighteen DC coming to town of a plus two sixty six. What sticks in your head? Uh?
Speaker 2: That also Lake Portland? Man, I don't know why is calling my name Rsel As much as they showed us last night that they have the business and they can do it if they play us open as they did Dallas and they and they take that right to Portland. Portland will give him house. So let me get the goals. But I'm gonna take Portland regardless of I think Portland. It's it's an interesting one. I think that they met chup well against rsl uh So. Yeah, let me get Portland, but let me let me see the goals, because I would be willing to go.
Speaker 1: Four and a half of now ooh four and a half a plus two twenty one.
Speaker 2: Hey man, give me that double down man, love that I like to see it. I don't know why you call my name, and sometimes you've got to go with the gut. That's an interesting one, but that's probably the one that really really sticks out for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt. I mean, there are a lot of teams that are favored at home, and there's some lopsided matchups that really don't have any bearing on the playoff picture four and a half plus two twenty one in that matchup, so it was it was calling out the sirens song? Was there the plus two twenty one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Man, I just see it. Man, this is look probably hiitting up going into the playoffs. I think that it could be a real dark horse. If you're not thinking that that Portland is the team that is gonna give you problems, they're gonna end up getting you out of the out of the playoffs. I go back to that Seattle Portland game where Bill Neville decided to just keep his uh fullbacks home and just play a little bit more cautiously. And then that was without two main players. Obviously no Cavecita and I don't think no evandering now on. So even then they were able to really kind of change it up a little bit. So I feel like going into the playoffs, Phil will be able to do enough adjustments to just ease up the issues in the back end and then just let those monsters up top do their thing. Uh, Evander is hot. Was thinking it was thirteen goals already. Mousquerra looks really, really comfortable, really good. Felipe Mora. I think he should be called up by Chile. So man, I think Portland is going to be a problem.
Speaker 1: All right. The one that called out to me is you were talking sirens, songs and totals. L A G and Vancouver. Three and a half is a plus one eleven four is a plus one eighty five. Four and a half is a plus two forty six. I like just as a little one. I like the three and a half in Lag in Vancouver. I'm thinking some goals can be had there, But I'm traditionally a chicken, so I'm only going to go up to the three and a half when it comes to Lag and the white Caps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did you say? It was the four and a half on that one.
Speaker 1: Well, hang on, all right, let me go back, all right, So Lag and Vancouver. The four and a half on Lag and Vancouver is a plus two four six.
Speaker 2: I'd be willing to go four and a half in now on myself, Okay, I really would That could be a very open ended game. We know what Las Eli Galaxy can do. They fell short against Portland. They're gonna want to come out there and just give it all to Thevancouver. If Vancouver is needed of points, they're not fearful to just push up those wingbacks. So yeah, that could be a little bit of a battle right there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Last one on the board for US Red Bulls minus one forty five Atlanta United on the road of a plus three point fifty one your draw at Red Bull Arena plus three oh seven. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Fifty one for Atlanta? Yeah, yeah, I'll be willing to take it. Look, Red Bulls is another team that I felt like, had they brought in one more piece in the summer window, we'd probably be talking about a really, really good team. But they struggle in the offensive end. They're very sporadic there. Sometimes they can give you what you got, and I think against Atlanta, you need to force Atlanta to defend and you need to push back, just like Miami did last night. And I don't know if Red Bulls are going to be willing to do that. I mean they lost to Shit. I go for christ six two to one. So I really do think that Atlantic can take the momentum from a very well fought game against Inner Miami and and and bring it against Red Bulls and get get a get a result.
Speaker 1: Soccer Bar and Pulso Sports, what do we need to know?
Speaker 2: Uh, soccer Bar today was gonna be delayed all the way till eleven o'clock Pacific, as we are working on getting a couple of things going.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: We will have Ernand Lopez, who talked to me after the frustrating to two draft for Seattle, but one of the left that sions a laca, We're very happy despite being eliminated. He tells me we're playing for positions. We're playing to show everybody that we are a good collective unit. So that that's an interested interview there that we'll have in soccer Bar here at eleven o'clock Pacific. Uh, and Inpulsol Sports we will have not just yet, but we will end up having by Saturday something to hear from the Sounders after this frustrating loss. You can though, catch the postgame conference with Brad Smetzer, where essentially he does take a lot of the blame for what happened yesterday. I asked him directly, you know, when you have a game that essentially you could kill that you've been controlling, how much of that falls on you and not the players? And he took responsibility to accountability for it, So go ahead and check that out and pull support as well.
Speaker 1: What you said as always, my friend, great to have you here on your Thursdays, with Thursdays with Nico and your third cup of coffee. Enjoy your Rave Green the contents inside the Ray Green. We will catch up with you next week, my friend, Love you and be safe.
Speaker 2: Thank you boss. Take it easy