Speaker 1: My guy Rudy from United Players is celebrating thirty years along with all his associates, his people, his folks over at u Pee. The youth programs that are apart all the young people part of it, man, And that's what we're talking about for the son of cast this you girl?
Speaker 2: Sound of what's up?
Speaker 3: Yo? You play a Putton? The GPI is.
Speaker 2: My guy is in a bill in Young Roadie thirty years.
Speaker 4: Y'all got good?
Speaker 3: Good? Yeah? Yeah, Upee man, Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: For what have you noticed, like the difference between when you first started, you know, this movement which probably was from birth light waiting, you know, like from the beginning of the very first year to now thirty years.
Speaker 5: Well you have United Players and now you have divided haters. And as time goes on, I don't know, it just seems like not too many people are comfortable coming together, you know. It's more about me, me, me, Yeah, And it's rare to find that old school kind of like you know, camaraderie trying to unite. But I mean, you know, I'm very hopeful, you know, I'm always pushing that line and starting at a prevention age when they're really young to try to bring and install that in them, So I really am. But it's tough, man, you know, it's real tough.
Speaker 1: These video games and social media all this stuff is.
Speaker 4: Like I think that really plays a lot to it.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 5: You know, the way our world is, how it's transforming, is moving right, just especially in our country, I think, you know, everybody just so independent. Everybody's dependent. And the Bay Area, you know, we've been independent. You know, I'm a player, you know, I'm your nighting players, staying away from you know, the divided.
Speaker 3: Haters right right.
Speaker 6: You know, I'll certainly say, man, I remember even back to like my one of my very first weeks here Internet that came here.
Speaker 3: One of the first events we went to was.
Speaker 6: A United Players event, you know what I'm talking about, raving there on Howard Street, right, and they had elementary school kids out there, and you know, I just seen Rudy talk to some grown men and the message was not any different with these kids. And I mean just I think I think your approach to it, man, you give them so much realness and it's authentic and it's genuine, and I think that's what they latch onto. And I personally want to say, man, thirty years, You've done so much great work out here. You've done an amazing job, and you have saved a lot of lives.
Speaker 3: My brother, that's so big.
Speaker 6: That's that's a real accolade to stand on, because because you know, day by day, bro, you know, you out here and you're literally doing God's work, man, and what you're doing is so amazing and an impact is even if you don't feel like you see it in the moment, it's relentless. So we keep on seeing it, you know, echolone.
Speaker 5: And I appreciate, you know, and it's always good to hear kind words, especially man, you know, during now and so I'll always contribute and honored God. So why things happen the way happened, And I always glorify Him and give him all the honor and the glory, and I only think only through Him, only through him. This is only God thirty years, you know, and you know, dealing with young kids as young as five years old, dealing with grown men, it's only fifty five r sixty five, right. The kids are the medicine, you know. I got all these dudes who come home from the penitentiary after doing twenty five thirty five even forty five years had.
Speaker 4: To do, come home do fifty years.
Speaker 5: And when they're in the presence of the youngsters, they I believe sometimes we think we're doing something for them, the kids, but they're actually healing us because they're medicine. They're just so you know, they just want to be accepted in love like everybody else.
Speaker 4: And so, you know, thank you for them kind words. Brother.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I keep playing on man always. So what's so what y'all got going on for this thirty piece step Yeah, he shouts out to step you know, because he he donates.
Speaker 4: That's you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And so we're having an actual party, you know, to celebrate. It's a fundraiser, but at the same time a celebration just bringing you know, people together. Man to enjoy the moment and say thank you to everybody for off the three decades. And you know I had Steph. I got with his team to see if he could show up. Yeah, you know, they're in town. You know, they're in town. And so hopefully man, you're right with the three.
Speaker 3: H right, thirty it's only right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So how can people donate if they're not going to be able to attend or whatever the case may be, because an organization that that you would want to because you know, as Rudy always mentions, like, kids are the focus because obviously that's the future, and we want to teach them better than how maybe we even maneuvered or whatever the case may be, or what they're seeing.
Speaker 2: They want to be better, so, you know, and a lot of.
Speaker 1: The programs like when I see your kids come out, like when we did the The Little Doggie Show, Yeah, my.
Speaker 2: Goodness, a jam with that idea.
Speaker 4: The kids did.
Speaker 1: It was so dope, and they're just so excited to be there and making signs and clapping and like just to be a part of something positive, you know, instead of instead of the junk they get at school or online on these apps or whatever the case may be. It's an actual, real life this is happening. You're a part of it, and we're doing something good.
Speaker 2: So if you.
Speaker 4: Let nig go ahead, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Saying, like, go to the website and make a donation. That's it.
Speaker 5: And the youngsters created that movement, right, It was about dogs, but it was actually about getting people woke in the senseless gun violin.
Speaker 4: I'm a surviv a gun violin right on that street that you stood on.
Speaker 5: It is actually where I got hit, right and my people, you know, may rest in peace right then. And so anyway, the kids came up with that idea and it was a good way for them to approach and bring kids. It's from who ain't from the city with kids from the city, and they created that dogs and it was a perfect segue man, and to have kids meet together and kick it in.
Speaker 4: Yet, you know, donate to the cause.
Speaker 5: You're not a players dot org p L A y A Z shouts out to Foe Tail and Fly.
Speaker 4: And low players JT the bigger figure.
Speaker 1: I do want to note that that event and also the mom that came out whose son lost his.
Speaker 3: Life, Leslie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, her son is pierced.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly. Here's his pledge.
Speaker 4: Here's his pledge.
Speaker 3: Finn.
Speaker 5: It was on on on a panel as a judge watching that it was it was love, huh.
Speaker 1: It was crazy, and that her story brought me to tears due you just don't ever want to hear something like that happen. And I follow her on Instagram and she constantly is on the same movement you are. Just to remind people that gun violence is a real thing, and people have mental issues that they deal with and when they pick up a weapon, then bad things.
Speaker 2: I cried on the MI.
Speaker 1: I couldn't help myself because you know the fact that her you know then husband right or your six father, you know, took both of their lives and the baby didn't have no choice in that.
Speaker 4: A baby, your baby.
Speaker 2: There was no conflict, there was nothing.
Speaker 1: It was just a mental disorder that he didn't get help for and now she's doesn't have her son.
Speaker 2: So when I got the.
Speaker 1: Mic and they wanted me to say something good, I just lost myself in it because that sorrow was just felt through everyone. But that's kind of what it takes to move people to understand this is real shit.
Speaker 5: I love your heart so because you know you, You hear you on a radio, but in real life when I seen you and it hits your heart.
Speaker 4: You've seen you, yeah, and you know you teared up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you tear up, yeah, you know, And it's real shit. This is real shit. Y'all think it's a game.
Speaker 5: And it brought two different worlds together because Leslie comes from a different word that I on front, but we hits the impact still hits hard. It's right, and it's unfortunately. It brought me and her from different worlds to come together, but now we're dealing with the same casts because children are number one killer young kids now nineteen and younger. It's gun violence, whether it be suicide, domestic violence, all the reporter violence. And so you write those son, it's a mental health issue that I'm glad that people start to see. We need all the support and help we can get.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I knows that's right, man, you know. I mean, like you mentioned, seeing those kids.
Speaker 6: Every time we have a new school shooting, if something happens and it's you know, it's a breakdown up top. Yeah, and so you know, we God knows we need more organizations like yours man, to let them know.
Speaker 3: Hey, man, you're not alone in this. You know.
Speaker 6: Even if you know you have folks who give you a hard time online, are folks who you feel, you know, might make fun of you at school. You always got a community. You're never by yourself, man. I think a lot of kids need to know that.
Speaker 4: Amen. You know, I'm shuts out the fab out the end of town.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: You got thug thirty yep, right, you got us for us with Damien on the You know, everybody's doing this collected together.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it's important that you know, it's just not black white or pepper and stripe or you know a Republicans and Democrats, just all of us and none of us, right, you know, because it affects all of us, and so and I appreciate y'all give me this platform to share because it's important that people do hear love.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a lot of love still.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and hes San Francisco through streets man.
Speaker 6: So you know again, make sure y'all tap in the website one more time.
Speaker 5: You're knotted players dot org p l A y A Z.
Speaker 1: We headed into the next thirty next time we sit down at to be fifty thirty one.
Speaker 5: So you see, I'm not only into the marathon, but I'm also into the relay. Yeah, So you don't want to hand it off to some of these johnsters.
Speaker 4: I don't think they can still outdo me though, you know what I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Got the sauce, man.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell you, man, I don't know, I think, and I cannot run all y'all up in this jury.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie the next bight back for the holidays.
Speaker 5: It's going to be December of the second week of December. It's the anniversary Sandy Hook, you know. And you know the uh the President and the White House was saying about gun by back said they say, well, it's not effected because the police get the guns and they take them apart, but they still sell them.
Speaker 4: I want to say, for the record, we don't.
Speaker 5: But s p D right, we burn, we break them down, we burn them, or we make art out of it. Yeah, so y'all need to capture that story White House and see what we really do with them.
Speaker 4: Real'll be destroying.
Speaker 2: We sold back onto the street getting them exactly.
Speaker 4: And you know people, man is greedy, no man. You know you're going to see.
Speaker 5: Something that the Warriors stadium, it's a big monarch, right, it was made out of all gun pieces, right, so the Warriors purchased that. Ye though, you know, Robbie, Robbie Poblett Foundation is a part of us helping destroy these guns and they out there. But Leo, you know what I mean, that's how to my sister. She lost her son, Robbie, and that's what brought her to the circle. You know, a lot of people's pay is actually now turning to the purpose, and you know we're doing it collectively.
Speaker 4: Everybody plays a part. I'm just one doing one. Layup now.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna get ship every day. Hit the three though.
Speaker 1: Yeah from this, Yeah, yeah, we're gonna We're gonna stick together and we need to be a part of that.
Speaker 2: Buy back to already have you come?
Speaker 4: Man is always online.
Speaker 5: She on point with us and toes down and y'all been down with us since the beginning.
Speaker 2: Because the cause is just so important.
Speaker 4: You know, guy's plans got say it.
Speaker 1: Every time, even when these young people go out and they feel like putting a gun to somebody's chest to take their purse or wallet, and then you pull it like there's two lives that are lost in that because now you're probably gonna spend the rest of your life in jail in your only twenty.
Speaker 4: So everybody loses.
Speaker 5: Everybody loses, the whole community, they families. Y'all need to give me a summer gam on the stage one day to speak, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: That crowd needs to hit it man. Man.
Speaker 5: I love to sprinkle them, yeah, I love to sprinkle them.
Speaker 3: Say what the real game exactly.
Speaker 4: You come from that hip hop era, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So December we're gonna be together again, yes, and we'll chop it up again.
Speaker 2: But the message is always the same. Yes, you know what I'm saying. We got to have each other's backs.
Speaker 4: Out there takes the hood to say the hood.
Speaker 2: To say the hood.
Speaker 1: And these young people, man, we gotta focus on them because things are looking.
Speaker 2: Bad man out there. These kids are willing to risk at all and.
Speaker 5: Their future in present if we don't get to the minds of the heart of the kids who will right period?
Speaker 3: Right plan to see now, yeap.
Speaker 2: And for the ogs out there, it's never too late.
Speaker 5: And some of these ogs need to step up. You know they say O G still for original gangster. That OG sounds like a stands for out of gas, you know what I mean. So we need to step up because we original godters. That's what it is, original guidance.
Speaker 7: There you go, all right, years bro, it is it is just born thirty years y'all, God good good?
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What have you noticed, like the difference between when you first started, you know, this movement, you know, like from the beginning of the very first year to now thirty years.
Speaker 5: Well you have united players and now you have divided haters, and as time goes on, not too many people are comfortable coming together.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: It's more about me, me, me, Yeah, and it's rare to find that old school kind of like, you know, camaraderie trying to unite.
Speaker 4: But I mean, you know, I'm.
Speaker 5: Very hopeful, you know, I'm always pushing that line parting at a prevention age when are really young, to try to bring and install that in them. Song children the number one killer young kids now nineteen and younger. It's gun violence, whether it be suicide, domestic violence, all.
Speaker 4: The reporter of violence.
Speaker 3: So what y'all going on for this thirty piece?
Speaker 5: Yeah uh yeah, he shouts out to step you know, because he he donates, you know what I mean. And so we're having an actual party, you know, to celebrate. It's a fundraiser, but at the same time a celebration just bringing you know, people together, man to enjoy the moment and say thank you to everybody for off the three decades.
Speaker 2: So how can people donate if they're not going to be able to.
Speaker 4: Attend or donate to the cause.
Speaker 5: You're not a Players dot Org P L A Y A Z shouts have to foteil and flo and low players JT the bigger figure years bro there is it is just born.
Speaker 1: So many stories. Rudy has man and all the folks that mess with up. It's like she sh just years of trying to clean up these streets. Get these guns off the streets, make some beautiful art with them, or at least put some money in the hand of a person who feels like they got to use that thing to make it through the day. Like it's just a mental health awareness situation as well as a crime situation on the streets, and just you don't need those guns. So we talked about a gun buyback coming up in December. We'll give you all the details for that.
Speaker 2: So give them up. They give some big cash for them.
Speaker 6: Always man, stay locked in. Hit the website again United Players with A Z dot Org to go ahead and make a donation or to stay tapped in with them folks, because I'll tell you man up is lot to the soil.
Speaker 1: And make sure you're locked in with the signagy want and show money through Friday. We're on the radio six to ten am right there on one O six point one cameo. You can reach that right here on this app, and of course we love you to like and subscribe.
Speaker 4: Go on to hit the button man lock in with your people well