Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, Neil savedra in for Gary and Shannon today. We're on vacation. I was on with Marlon Tez yesterday. I hope she will return tomorrow, but she's not feeling well. It's this place. It's this place.
Speaker 3: No, it's probably not this place.
Speaker 2: A horrible story out of the Long Beach area, and that our very own Blake trolley is on Blake.
Speaker 3: How are you, sir?
Speaker 4: Hey, Neil doing good? Yeah, just here in Long Beach.
Speaker 1: And this attack happened just south of downtown on Alamitos Beach, which is just a few blocks down from the little mini skyscrapers, if you will, high rises here in downtown Long Beach. Yesterday, early in the morning, about five in the morning, a guy says a homeless man broke into his beachfront condo, started a fight with the man, ended up stout the man a few times in the chest than taking off the man's stab was taken to a hospital. He is expected to survive, but he did have several stab wounds. Again all to the upper body. The homeless man was found nearby. Officers described him as being non compliant, and they say that they had to use les lethal rounds to take him into custody. He's facing assault with deadly weapon charges as well as burglary for breaking into that condo.
Speaker 2: Didn't they just try to get him housing because that's the problem, right, Blake. They just get him a house and they'll be fine.
Speaker 1: No, Well, all this does come at an interesting time for the city of Long Beach. Less than a month ago, August twelfth, AMMO went out to the city saying that the city was going to start sweeping more problematic homeless camps. Now, this doesn't mean every single homeless camp in the city, but it certainly meant homeless camps they said, on beaches, at parks, near libraries, camps that have racked up a lot of complaints with the neighbors, large camps, and caps that pose public safety threats. Now, city officials said that they would start with kind of an outreach model offering services, then resort to citations and possibly, in very rare cases, arrest, But they did note that if somebody's arrested, it's highly unlikely they'd spend a lot of time in jail. But nonetheless, here we are less than a month later, and we have a homeless man breaking into somebody's house and stabbing the guy. Interestingly, Neil, I spoke with one woman and she she lives in the same exact neighborhood where this home got broken into. And I said, how would you describe the homeless situation here? And she said, out of control. And she then proceeded to tell me a story that her home was recently almost broken into by a homeless woman.
Speaker 5: I was sitting in my living room table working on my computer because I work from home, and she just tried to open my door and walk in, and I was like, hey, what are you doing. And she's like oh, and she waved at me like she knew me. I was like, get out of here. You don't belong here. And then she grabbed my plant and she tried to take off, you know, off my porch.
Speaker 4: And so you had a potted plant on the porch.
Speaker 5: You hat a potted plan on the little table on the porch. And I opened the door. It was like, that's not yours. Get out of here, give me that, and you know, and you struggle, right, you don't know if they're sick.
Speaker 1: And then she was telling me Neil also, so I had asked her how this is affecting people in the area, and she said, you know a lot of people that live here, they don't even go for walks anymore on the beach, or if they do walk, they walk in Paris because they just don't feel safe with the homeless situation in the area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's becoming more and more like that. I this particular story you had mentioned that the officers had said that it was the individual was less than cooperative and they needed to use some less than lethal rounds.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's correct, So just to subdue the per individual and to get them into cuffs. You're talking about forty millimeter less than lethal rounds, which I've seen him close. But that is an insane story. This continues to go on. We're now about what a month and a half or so after Newsom came out and started putting pressure on the cities. I think Long Beach was a little molasses footed. And you know, I maybe just the appearance of sweeping the homeless up and off is unpleasant to people.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: It's unpleasant to me, but it needs to be done. This is yet another story coming out of Long Beach, this time about a homeless individual arrested. This case a sufficion of burglary and assault with a deadly weapon. Was that just because the person was defending their home.
Speaker 3: And was stabbed?
Speaker 1: Well, he said, the way he described it was that the guy broke into his house and started a fight.
Speaker 4: So, you know, it's still a little blurry. What exactly does that look like? Who knows?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think anytime somebody intrudes it on your home, there's already a perceived threat when you hear that. Officers also, you know how to use less than rounds. You could only imagine the kind of condition the guy was in when the homeowner, the condo holder i should say, confronted him and yeah, Neil, you know, one of the challenges that the city did lay out is, you know, essentially the city did acknowledge that this model of just clearing camps might just move people around. They also said that it might also further put people into jeopardy with trying to get back into housing, as the citations will create another burden for them. I'm curious to see though, if in another year homeless people move out of the city of Long Beach and somewhere else. I was looking at the numbers, you know, last year in the latest count I should say, there were three three hundred and seventy six people. That was down two point one percent from the numbers in twenty twenty three, where there was more than thirty four hundred homeless people in the city. What I'm curious about is if the city does take these measures and it continues to make things less comfortable for homeless people, will we steep decline next year in the numbers again.
Speaker 4: This enforcement started less than a month ago.
Speaker 1: So far, I've counted four parks and a library, as far as zones where they've cleared camps.
Speaker 3: Wow, and you know, much more to go.
Speaker 2: I know they're wrestling with how this needs to be done, but I will tell you what's not good is having you know, fairal humans at this point that don't know how to take care of themselves, and we think it's more humane to leave them on the streets with you know, melee weapons ready to go into people's houses.
Speaker 3: It's just nuts, right.
Speaker 4: I was always curious Neil when this story was coming.
Speaker 1: I mean we covered a big homeless encampment sweep in Venice a couple of years ago. Yes, and while people didn't say that they went actually into their homes, I got a couple stories of them going into people's yards to use the hose and you know, things of that nature. So I was always wondering when we were going to actually see it, you know, a full on break in like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've had more than one confrontation with the homeless individual, one on my porch and once laying on the gate drug completely drugged out, you know, just a normal front yard gate. And we don't live in a big gated community or anything very you know, mainstream areas. I'm not rich by any big stretch and just laying passed out. It's sad that we think that the most humane thing to do is just leave them as they are.
Speaker 3: It's not about housing.
Speaker 2: You're not going to put a forty six year old homeless man who broke into someone's home to stab them in a house and go. Finally, I just needed a microwave for Pete's sakes. I got this hot pocket and thank you, but I appreciate you being out there. Blake trolley out in the streets getting the news for you today, This story out of Long Beach with a homeless intruder stabbing a man who was.
Speaker 3: In the home. Thanks all right, Nell, Thank you, all right, my friend.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, Neil Savadra in four Gary and Shannon today. Happy to be with you. I will be in all week. Hopefully my partner in crime, Marla Teas will join me tomorrow. She started off feeling well last night during her late shift at Fox eleven, and so she's just resting today and we wish her the best and a quick recovery and hope that she will join me tomorrow and the remainder of the week as Gary and Shannon are out vacationing. Although you wouldn't know it the amount of times that Shannon keeps texting me, there are seven other iHeart radio.
Speaker 3: Stations in La Shannon, go ahead and choose.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'd love for you to join me on social media at Fork Reporter.
Speaker 3: At Fork Reporter.
Speaker 2: On social media, I am on Instagram quite a bit there. I posted a picture of a breakfast I'll put it that way. It was a big deal to me. I've passed it along to my boy Max, who loves.
Speaker 3: It as well.
Speaker 2: But the reactions of people, I'm like, wow, it's like a and I don't know if it was my dad or my mom that turned me on to it. I remember my brother Scott eating it. But anyways, that people's responses are making me smile. That people are like, oh, I remember that, or my dad was into that, or yes, it's one of my favorite things still, or when I'm not feeling well, so check that out at Fork Reporter on Instagram at fork reporter there on Instagram. A lot of moving going on in Round and Show Palace very days.
Speaker 3: We talked about this yesterday.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, we spoke to the mayor over there, who is concerned. Obviously at this point, not only is the land moving, which is a problem, but also that gas was turned off in the area some gosh weeks ago or something, and then on Saturday they shut off the power. They continue to give warnings of evacuation the thing. The latest evactuation evacuation warning came at three twelve pm. The power was shut off, so residents were warned not to use water or plumbing after the electricity was shut off for fear of triggering a sewage spill in the area. The reality is this the city and Portuguese Bend community it I don't want to say it's done. I know that's dark. But the reality is this is not getting better. I have a doctor friend who says, you know, bad things don't get better, and think good things don't get worse. And in this particular case, you're looking at step after step after step of problems. And although this area Rancho's Palace Verdes has been moving for decades, a tiny bit here, a tiny bit there, that for the last twelve months or so, after the heavy rains in the spring of twenty twenty three, it has changed. It is moving incredibly quickly, to the tune of, you know, one and a half inches or so per day, give or take.
Speaker 3: That is massive.
Speaker 2: If you look at photos, they are breathtaking to see. The house is still standing, but the entire street caved in, just caved in. It looks like a disaster now. Thankfully, local law enforcement is upping their patrols there, not only on foot, but with drones, helicopters and the like to keep an eye on it. If you are stupid enough to go to that area to try and loot, you will be prosecuted. If not worse, we can keep our fingers crossed for the worst part. The thing that stands out to me in this story is not the helplessness of it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it looks helpless.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you shore up a sliding chunk of land. Now you have gas, that's a problem. Shut it off, power problem, shut it off. You can't use the plumbing. This should be condemned. You would not be able to live in a home like this anywhere. They wouldn't let you move into this home. So the so called evacuation warnings, I think at this time it's you prepare to get out of there. I know they gave the five p's or whatever it's people, pets, photos, paperwork, and the list of the things that you should have on hand to be able to get up and get out with. But it looks very bad. The problem, or the thing that stood out to me is that it's become a class issue. I've heard many times and read on social media that people have said, well, you know, it's rich people, so they can afford it, or they deserve it. Somehow, They shouldn't live in that area. Now, granted, if there is a geological problem there, then nobody should be living there. But in this particular case, I found that strange that that is what coming out. And I think a lot of this is the perception politically that the left and the right are protecting two different people. The right always look like they're protecting the rich, and the left always look like they're protecting the poor. And I make reference to that all the time. You've got the right that looks after the upper one percent and the left that looks after the lowest one percent. But in this particular case, we're kind of associating that someone's wealth with being bad. And what freaks me out is the American dream is to be successful. Now, for you, I have a particular mark of success, and it's not being rich. There's a certain mark where I say, this is where you can live comfortably, have money to give to your children, to charity, to interests, that you're at a good place. You don't need to buy everything, you don't need to do all those things. But this story, to me, the back the back door of the story of Rancho Pales Verdes is that people care less, even the governor, at least from yesterday or looking into anything today, has not reached back to the mayor or to the people of Rancho Palas Verdes. If it was a poor neighborhood, I would put money that Newsom would have already reached out. And it's just sad that that gets tied into a real need that can be seen, can be heard, felt and feared.
Speaker 3: That it gets tossed into that.
Speaker 2: And is Neil Savager and for Gary and Shannon Today, we'll be back with more.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, it's the Gary and Shannon Show. Gas Yeah, yeah, that's kind of unfortunate. I mean, they focus on it being like the gas station, but it's kind of unfortunate the year then they have the gas bag. No, no, no, no, Deborah, I wasn't talking about Shannon. I mean the mail bag that they have.
Speaker 7: Oh, okay, I was a.
Speaker 3: Little sorry about that.
Speaker 7: That was kind of rude.
Speaker 2: Any who, Nil Savagra in happy to be with you. I believe my buddy Marla Taez is going to join me tomorrow and we'll be finishing out the rest of the week. As Gary and Shannon are on vacation, it's going to be hot, hot, hot, and you're gonna hear all those songs over and over and over again as southern California and all of those here in it get to enjoy this heat wave bringing massive temperatures again up to one hundred and nineteen degrees. Does it Does it feel like that's becoming the norm, like the high end norm, because now, like I remember walking out of the house yesterday, and of course I get up early, and it's cooler in the mornings, and you go and you do whatever. But then if I'm tooling around in the house, I don't feel it. If I'm in my shop, my shop doesn't have air conditioning. It's a converted garage, so there's no you know, air in there. Maybe a fan, so I can feel it in there, and then you go out and it's like boom. Well, we're looking at this triple digit heat becoming, you know, something to deal with this week, as the Los Angeles basin could reach one hundred and thirteen degrees by the weekend, and you know, in the Coachella Valley area, you're looking at one hundred and nineteen. Now I love the desert. I don't know who would be stupid enough to be traveling to the desert today. It's gonna be hot, but in those areas it gets incredibly high. I love going over there, you know. Obviously, going out to Marongo is wonderful.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: I love that they're pool that they have set up there, the Lazy River come on, ye boy, And going to Palm Springs and those areas are fantastic. But holy hell, this is typically the hottest time of the year when you're dealing with the climate and everything. But now we're going to be ten to fifteen degrees above normal. So we're already looking at some pretty hardcore days ahead of us. In the San Gabriel Valley, in the San Fernando Valley. I was in the San Fernando Valley this past weekend hanging out with family and in the shade, it was hot.
Speaker 8: I live in the west San Fernando Valley and let me tell you, Okay, it is so hot.
Speaker 2: So what were the temperatures, you know, for what was the temperature for you on Sunday m I.
Speaker 7: Would say about one hundred and five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it So what do you do, Deborah?
Speaker 2: I mean do you get like, uh, you know, the top of a bottle, a twist off from the top bottle, fill it with some ice water and jump in or a thimble or something.
Speaker 8: No, I just don't really go outside. I walk my dogs at about six forty in the morning.
Speaker 3: Oh smart, you go out early.
Speaker 8: And unfortunately I don't take them for another walk where I used to because it's just it's just too hot. So until it cools down, my poor dogs get one dog, I mean, one walk a day.
Speaker 7: It's just it's too hot.
Speaker 2: You can't make a makeshift pull out of a soap dish, I mean, any I just worry about you.
Speaker 7: Why do you worry about me?
Speaker 3: Because you're very small?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I'm inside with the air conditioner on. Okay, I'm good, but I appreciate you're.
Speaker 7: Worried about me. I'm good.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you. I don't think it's gonna be an earthquake that takes you. I think it's going to be the heat.
Speaker 7: No, it's an earthquake.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you.
Speaker 7: I am I'm not afraid of I'm afraid of the eat.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I fear that you're gonna shrivel up and people are gonna think it's a raisin and someone's gonna put you in like a salad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and they know what I'm maybe when I'm not.
Speaker 3: I don't with that kind of heat.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, I'm just saying it's a concern.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, I do appreciate your concerns very much.
Speaker 2: One hundred and five is hot at that And I have a thing. Okay, So we have a small pool. It is not big. It's twelve by twenty four roughly, and my wife loves to swim. She has one of those tether things that tethers her to the center so that she can do laps like or endurance like all that. So it's not a big pool, but you can splash in it. However, because it's not a very big pool, and it's not a very deep pool that with the cover and the security cover on it gets up to ninety seven ninety five easy, just because it's in the sun.
Speaker 7: You don't have so you don't have a pool heater or you don't.
Speaker 3: We do, but we don't use it.
Speaker 2: We only use it because we usually it probably comes on near the end of October. Let's say, okay, but I like the pool like eighty six eighty seven because on a hot day you feel like you're cooled down. I don't want to get in and feel like I'm in the spot.
Speaker 7: Oh No, I need it in the nineties.
Speaker 8: And we don't want to heat our pool because it's just too expensive. So I hardly ever go in because I need it to be hot, even if it's one hundred and five out.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just putting down schedule playdate for Tracy and Deborah to frolic in the ninety five degree Yes.
Speaker 7: That's the best. Oh cold pools.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you and my son will get along too, because he's now based on that because it's a dark bottom pool and the sun hits us. The sun in our place we have almost zero shade.
Speaker 7: Yeah, same with me because it goes east.
Speaker 3: To west and it's it just bakes us the whole day.
Speaker 8: But I don't have one of those pool covers on. So that's probably why my pool just maybe it maybe sometimes when it's so hot one hundred and fifteen out, maybe it'll get to eighty And I'm telling you that's just not warm enough to stick his body in there.
Speaker 2: Do you think you've got to have body fat to keep yourself warm. That's why there's blubber on animals that are in the ocean. So have a sandwich.
Speaker 7: I I do a dwiches all the time.
Speaker 2: I will tell you there's nothing more relatable to people than us talking about how warm our pools are on a hot day.
Speaker 3: So I apologize everybody. That was my.
Speaker 7: First world problem.
Speaker 2: Yes indeed right. Not how I grew up is all I'm saying. But all that said, take care of yourself. Get in the cool area, drink lots of water if you're if you're sweating, the basic rule is everybody's body is going to be different. But on a warm day, if you're not being terribly active, you're looking at about a half an ounce of water per body pound.
Speaker 3: Per hour.
Speaker 7: And you know what, don't leave your your car your car. Don't leave your pets in the car. People still don't understand that. Leave your pets at home.
Speaker 8: People, it's way too hot. Do not bring them on your errands. And I know that that sounds so obvious. Oh no, but it really isn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me tell you how obvious it's not. So back in the Tim and Neil days. So you're talking nineteen ninety nine, two thousand, you know that area when I was co hosting with my partner Tim Kelly, who's now married to Michelle Cube, and we did a thing where I went out with a cell phone I think, I don't know if we had the MIC's out there and just went to a random mall on a hot day to find if anyone left their kids or animals in and we found a child, a child, yeah, if I remember, it was a child. And we got the police and we got every but in't that crazy. Fire department came like randomly. We just wanted to see if all those stories we heard. It's like, does this really happen? And it did, And we found one that day, randomly just walking a mall parking lot.
Speaker 7: I mean, are people just stupid or do they just not? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Just stop there, it's easy, it's easiest.
Speaker 7: I was trying to be nice, but you know what, I don't feel nice.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: People are selfish. Yes, people are selfish, and they want whatever is convenient for them. I don't want to wake the baby up, I don't want to bring the dog in. I don't you know, it's like I'm just going to be a minute.
Speaker 8: Or when people just leave their dogs outside in this horrible heat for whatever reason. I mean, don't get me started.
Speaker 2: I had a neighbor parking our driveway, didn't call, didn't knock on the door or nothing, parking our driving one day and I was like, what is what is happening? There's no one in the car and it sat there for like twenty thirty minutes. God, I didn't need to go anywhere.
Speaker 7: But why was the blocking show?
Speaker 2: They finally came out and I'm like, what the hell? And she goes, oh, I needed to take a shower and couldn't find parking.
Speaker 7: So she parked in your driveway.
Speaker 3: Yes, who does that?
Speaker 7: Weirdos?
Speaker 2: And that person has done it before into someone else's driveway on a rainy day and they came home, didn't recognize the car, and was like, what the hell they couldn't park there? That is that's a whole different kind of mentality that comes from a selfishness or oblivious to other humans. I don't know, go figure all right, So don't be hot, drink liquids, don't put anything in the car that can die, And I'm pretty basic.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI am six forty.
Speaker 3: How do you how do everybody?
Speaker 2: Nil Cevader filling in for Gary and Shannon today on this fine tasty look at me all Shannony tasty Tuesday. I think it was there mema or something that said Tuesday her grandmother h'sdy, thanks for hanging out today. They kids are on vacation. I was supposed to be with Marlataeus today as I was yesterday. She is a little bit under the weather, but it sounds like she's getting better. Our very own Debor Mark spoke to her earlier and fingers crossed, she'll be in with us tomorrow and the remainder of the week as we basically just take over take.
Speaker 3: Over this entire joint during nine to one.
Speaker 2: Speaking of takeovers, you got a car on fire, dealership damaged. Massive overnight street takeover multiple Now it's not even like this one street takeover now, it's takeovers across Los Angeles last night, kyr Cars. If you saw these images, I saw them on ABC seven.
Speaker 3: Massive car on fire.
Speaker 2: A dealership locally was broken into two massive and chaotic street takeovers in Los Angeles area overnightth first one happened around twelve eight am and that was at Florence and Normandy. Recognize the names of the streets, sure you do, so those avenues in the South LA area, and the LAPD is putting out that information. Also, police confirmed that a car was set on fire. The video is just insane. It just shows the car engulfed middle of the intersection, crowded spectators watching from the sidewalk, phones in hands.
Speaker 3: All of that. No arrests were made, no injuries were reported at the incident.
Speaker 2: The second takeover happened around three thirty am at Jefferson Boulevard and Figaroa Street in the University Park area, So fireworks thrown all over the place. Maybe that's what set the car on fire. But more video continues to come out as these geniuses post it, people running away, loud boom sounds, all kinds of chaos. Also shows another car on fire. We don't know from the information from LAPD whether it was on purpose or accidental. Sometimes cars can not only can tires catch on fire at high speeds and burnouts things like that, but also you can overheat parts of the car.
Speaker 3: And it can get pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Authorities also confirmed that somebody was breaking windows in a near my car dealership. Now I'm looking at this to see if it was the one that I saw a little bit earlier on Channel seven ABC, But there was one. It was crazy. So imagine this car doing those typical doughnuts, all that insanity in the middle of the road onlookers way too close to the vehicle, and also a couple of wing nuts and knuckleheads hanging out of the back windows.
Speaker 3: Right, you got the picture.
Speaker 2: Then there's another one where now the cars stopped, the hood is open, and.
Speaker 3: You've got people looking into it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is maybe when the fire started, whatever it was, but two of those wing nuts.
Speaker 3: Not one, but two. We're wearing Lows vests.
Speaker 2: I didn't like they got off work or something and ran over there, and it's like maybe one you'd think, but two.
Speaker 3: I think it was Low's. The only thing.
Speaker 2: That confused me is they were red and white, I think, and Low's is blue and white. But whatever I looked like. I said, Low's on the back, and I was like, nobody has shame. So this is what came to mind yesterday. Excuse me for a second, nasty cough.
Speaker 7: Oh I was gonna say, bless you.
Speaker 3: Oh No, I still fight in this the tail end of this cold or COVID.
Speaker 7: Really, I was just in there a few minutes ago with the kidding.
Speaker 3: It was a cold and.
Speaker 2: Yesterday my wife and my boy were hanging out and my wife was explaining about water, the density of water, and she's showing this little sinsy thing to my son, and I jump in and start talking about how water finds its level. And it was an old way and old method. I hate to get all house whispery on you, but there's an old way to measure without basic measuring tools is to use a jug of water and out with a hose clear hose attached to it. What you'd do is you'd hang the water line on the height of one pole, and then if you had multiple poles that you wanted to be cut to that exact same height, you'd move the clear tubing up and it would find its own balance. Okay, so it would be the same height as the other pole, and you could mark it and cut it and they'd all be the same height. So why am I telling you about that when I'm talking about cars on fire dealership's damage during an overnight street tego? It is because water finds its balance, and so does stupidity. Stupidity finds its own level because you know, what we're not dealing with anymore is basic crime. We are dealing with group crime everywhere. We have an epidemic of organized crime or slightly organized or sort of disorganized crime going on, and we don't know how to deal with it or what to call it anymore. But basically, you're having stupid people being able to connect with more stupid people very quickly and say let's go ransack a seven to eleven. And with mob mentality comes less intelligence. The mob comes together and puts the ownership of god, what am I looking for, the ownership of morality, the ownership of sos, whatever it is, on someone else and says, well, if they're doing it, then it must be okay. That's a mob. Mantelli says. Somebody else is leading, I'm just following. And it creates a lot of stupidity, and you can get large groups of stupidity, and that is what's happening with street takeovers, with these groups that are going in and breaking into places, you know, and mass and this is a symptom that needs to be snuffed out very quickly because this leads to others ugly things, group rapes, breaking into homes, doing all the This is a bad thing. Do not think that it is young peopeople blowing off steam. This is stupidity and crime incorporating and that will become the next massive problem, and we're seeing it grow unless we snuff it out. It is more important than we think because we think, oh, well, it's a seven to eleven, they're going to recoup this or whatever, or it's just the streets they're making noise. No, that's not what's happening. The line is being pushed and shifting, and now that becomes the standard, and then the new crime will be based on that. This is exactly what happened during prohibition. When you squelch one thing like drinking, you ended up creating, basically in the United States, creating the mafia, an organized crime, not that it didn't exist in one way or another before, but they did that, and when that prohibition went away, they had to recreate other business and other crimes. So you push the line and then it's going to start from there next time. Neil Savadra in for Gary and Shannon today, Happy to be with you on this tasty Tuesday. We've got so much to get to today, including swamp watch some interesting things. Actually I'm not you know, the politics to me can be more annoying because it's so much subterfuge and dancing around. And then we'll get into tasty Tuesday. What's happening a so called TikToker Chase Bank glitch?
Speaker 3: Or what I heard a hack that I must tell you about?
Speaker 2: True crime and all that and more. This is KFI Los Angeles, Heard everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show, you can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app