Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Game Yes Mornings with Me Jeff Grub, your host from giant bomb dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you for tuning in.
Speaker 1: In this episode, we're gonna be talking about our return from Summer game Fest and what do we make of that Nintendo direct. It's gonna be a good one because we have Lex Luddy on the show.
Speaker 2: LEXI, how are you doing well?
Speaker 3: But I'm not doing too bad. How are you doing? You seem like you were very busy and then using to Disney and now you're back.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, it was it was good. It was nice to hang out at Disney for a day, although very exhausting in its own way. We did open to close because because Mike Manatti made us, but it was working.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we.
Speaker 1: All did keep making jokes like it's like, you know, he was the most morning person we've ever seen only at Disney.
Speaker 2: Outside of Disney, that would not have been the case.
Speaker 1: And that you know, as everyone else was beginning to lag, he still had the most energy. And then like the second we got out of outside the confines of Disney, you could see him powering down. It was it was amazing to witness. So, no, it was a great time. Summer Game Fest was a good time. Everyone was really great to see a lot of cool games that mostly we can't talk about still. I think some of those are starting those some of those embargoes are starting to lift, but there's still several that will be in July. So we'll be talking about games from Summer Game Fest for a long time. Or maybe we won't, maybe we'll forget. Who knows, we'll see, but yeah, how are you doing? How was it from home?
Speaker 3: It was an interesting show. I think it was a bit more. It was definitely more subdued this year because pretty much everything was expected. Almost everything big that came out at any of these shows we had at least some knowledge of. And maybe that's just because I'm too tuned in and I'm, you know, too aware of all these different things. But the was very little, you know, even the direct and the state of play felt like a lot of known quantities. Honestly, the show I enjoyed the most this year was Day of the Devs, which I enjoyed most almost every year. But I'd also seen that like a week beforehand, so I was like, well, I've already seen this, but I'll watch it again. So yeah, it was it was an okay show, you guys. I enjoyed more so you guys doing your at night stuff and seeing those interviews and getting a vibe for how it was on the ground. I'm curious, what was it like, you know, makeup of people who were attending there? Was it very American focus this year, because that was kind of the vibe I was getting. Was mostly mostly people on and I think that's probably why so many of the embargoes are being pushed out, is they want to have they want to have more events for people who weren't going to travel for SGF this year.
Speaker 2: That's definitely the case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was, you know, I it's not one American comprised, but yeah, there was probably fewer. I guess I was still surprised enough people were from out of the country, but that was probably just a confirmation bias where where I was looking for and noticing.
Speaker 2: Like, oh they're they're here, Okay, cool.
Speaker 1: Uh, But yeah, it was it was mostly the same old people, right, That's that's kind of the thing here is Uh, it is the people that you would expect to be there, and maybe a couple of influencers, a couple of young younger people covering stuff I talked to. Yes, yeah, yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: I sent one young person that I'm doing my exactly.
Speaker 1: That's exactly how it is, right. It's like, yeah, well, not enough to suddenly change the ratio or anything, but there are those people out there doing that work, and we were trying to trying to get them to come hang out a giant bomb and uh, you know, give them their their flowers a little bit and get them noticed or whatever.
Speaker 3: But he did great at his first show, so very very happy he got to meet folks.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely that you know that. For us, the best part was the couches and having everyone come hang out with us at our little get together, a little shindig the green room. It's nice to go out there and see so many people being looking relieved, just to be around so many people that get them and get their job. And it's not about I don't know, it's not about whatever. I'll send you those other mixers about for us. For that, it's this is the one for us, and and I'm glad we can keep putting on that party. It's it's really nice. It does mean a lot to us. We kept talking about that and our crew over and over again. So yeah, it was great to make that all happen. All right, let's get into us. Let's explain ourselves. We're Giant Bomb. Go to giant bomb dot com, slash join and become a premium member. It helps us do all that crazy stuff we just did. It also supports independent games media, gets you access to our premium shows, gets you add free versions of our shows. Make it happen, everybody. We really appreciate everyone who does support us. It makes all the difference in the world, and we're gonna keep doing our thing our.
Speaker 2: Way with your help.
Speaker 1: As far as this show goes most weekdays, I Jeff Grebb, will help you se your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you were watching live on Twitch, welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Game This Mornings, or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Hello YouTube.
Speaker 3: All right, we have a lot to get before we started Please and literally like almost half a dozen embargos just drop. So if you are curious, you can now find more up to date reactions on Alien Isolation, to Control Resonant only moves your way of the Sword, residevol Veronica, saw Genesis, Aliens, Fire Team Elite to Please, wish list it by the way, Crazy Crazy Taxi World to Jen Atlas, Silent Hill Townfall, Sonic peakle Park. I think that one's been up a while, that one out of Crossloads and Fable and also Gears of War E Day, So a lot of embargos has just dropped. All the fucking ones. Did anyone on staff take a look at it? Silent Hill or not? So? Until Resident Evil?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Mike and Jerff I think got into that stage presser, stage screen presentation.
Speaker 2: There wasn't much to it, it's my understanding.
Speaker 1: Uh So you kind of went in there, and I think Mike's Mike mentioned that it was like a a they started with a history lesson of like here's how we got to this point in the Resident Evil lore, and then there wasn't a ton after that.
Speaker 2: But he's he did most of those appointments.
Speaker 1: Uh So we'll find a way to talk about those probably on the BombCast next week. Everybody just let more and more of these embargoes laps. But uh, but yeah, my understanding is that game looked good, but they didn't see that much more of it to really really know. Jin Atlas was the one I was curious to try to get my hands on. Couldn't make that happen. I know some other folks played that.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about all these real soon, but yeah, I'm seeing those impressions go up, like Alien Isolation too. It's like, yeah, it's more Alien Isolation, the thing that you exactly wanted from that game. And you know the question of what is the pacing going to be like, we're just not gonna know that until we get the final version. But if you're worried about this being a cool alien game, yeah they're hitting that. I don't know. Overall it was it was pretty It was pretty busy over there, but there was enough games where it's like, okay, we can keep Mike busy actually.
Speaker 2: All day, and he was taking one apploytment after another.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking forward to hearing what he's really got to say about all of that when we get the chance. All right, we're gonna I was gonna start with our summer gamefest thoughts. We did that a little bit, but uh yeah, just I guess one one final thing it was it was nice to see everybody in person as always. Uh but you know, I like trying to get like the finger on the pulse of the bigger companies coming into Jeff's thing. It just it just doesn't seem like they're going to do that consistently. It is going to be a rotation. Nintendo showed up with mostly non first party stuff. Capcom was there for I guess two years in a row, so maybe they're the one company that will consistently support it. But it does feel like when a company has a game they will come to this thing. They're not going to force it like they did back in E three, which was always like that was mechanical, right, If you lost that floor space, you'd have to give it up the next year or you'd have to rebid for it, and that would be a big problem for them. So it's not like this is going to be consistently growing LEXI where it's like, okay, like you know, now now they got Konami, they're going to be back every year. It does feel like it's going to kind of stay at this scale and bubble around it mostly. Yeah, exactly right, yeah, like the yeah, it's just not You're not going to get consistent Triple A games inside of Summer Game Fest. And at the same time, like this is fine. I think the way it's working is it's fully established itself. It's not like this is some experiment anymore. This is fully something that works. It's just never going to be what E three was, and that's fine, all right. So let's get into the other headlines. Xbox is exploring radically different business models to make its next console affordable.
Speaker 2: This is from Andy Robinson at VGC.
Speaker 1: Xbox CEO Asha Sharma has suggested the platform holder is looking at ways to make its next console, conamed Helix, more affordable amid an ongoing hardware crisis. When the previous leadership of Xbox first announced plans for its next console, it was billed as a very premium system and the largest technical leap you will ever have seen in a hardware generation. However, in the year since, the price of memory and storage components has rocketed, driven by demand for AI data centers, forcing many consumers devices consumer devices including PS five, Xbox, and Switch to raise prices dramatically. During a Fortune Live event Xbox, Sharma called the component prices a price surge, a crisis, not a crisis for the games industry, and suggested that Microsoft was exploring ways to reduce price of its next gen console, which in current conditions would surely cost far more than the Xbox Series x's five hundred dollars launch. Look on hardware, we are in a crisis right now. The entire industry is there's a shortage of memory and storage and the cost are exponential.
Speaker 2: This comes from a quote from Sharma.
Speaker 1: They are usually at this point in the generation about fifty percent of the cost, and we're seeing that they're up two or two point seventy five X. They're up fifty percent since they started. They're going to be effectively seven point five X. I know she's just throwing out a random multiplication there. We know it's more expensive. Basically, her response to this is radically different business models. Pricing as a lever, of course, but we think about other options as well. We must think about other ways to think about the cost construction of the console. We must think about how we create different plans so more people can participate in the console. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: Do you like renting things? Do you like subscriptions? Do you like not owning the hardware that you own? Do you like using a terminal to log in to your hardware device and buying compute power? That? That's that's what this is. It's what Nvidio is doing, It's what Microsoft is doing. I want to pick out a real select quote here that just posted on Blue Sky. I think that we have that we have to think very differently about storage and memory going forward. This is Shama. We will have to apply new techniques so that we can compress that. We will have to empower customers to have flexible storage offerings. We will have to empower new types of games so that they can fish on devices, and so that there's going to be a lot more innovation. That's a real long way of saying, we're going to find ways to bill you per gigabyte, so enjoy that. Yeah, that's what that messaging is. It's the flexibility of having different plans of do you want one hundred gigabytes or a terabyte of storage available to you in the cloud and that's all. That's where your games are stored is in the cloud.
Speaker 1: Right and just it just doesn't actually solve any of the problems that people are talking about. You know, these are a cute little ways you could position this stuff, but the people who have an issue with paying the price for these good consoles right now are not suddenly going to feel great about their system. It's like, oh, your thing comes with one hundred gigabytes of storage and then you get another terabyte in the cloud. Okay, yeah, but I no, I need it on the system so I can play it. This is not going to actually solve the problems to help people convince themselves to spend the money to buy these things. Like, they're not going to suddenly start selling a ton of more of these because they have fifty because they're fifty dollars cheaper because you get shit in the cloud.
Speaker 3: So gub I posted this on Blue Sky this morning, and it's my ongoing theory that the next Xbox will be subscription based, and that is because they have confirmed Dishes, a Windows based platform which will have multiple storefronts Onish if it has access to even Epic GameStore, and they've said there will be their day one. Steam is still up in the air, but surely if it's a Windows device, you will just be able to install Steam boots into Windows and install Steam. Xbox is a services company. Their most profitable thing at Xbox is selling you permission to play games online, and that's been the way that consoles have focused or have worked since the PS three. In the Xbox Original, Xbox even was paying to play online and gaining access to online games that way. They won't have that with their next console if it is just a Windows machine, and so they need a new service. And the new service is the hardware itself, is access to use the compute that you have. Barsh It's fucking grim. But it's also what Invidia spent their whole GtC summit at computext talking about, was that they wanted people just working off at terminals, not owning their PCs, working off a terminals and having AI hit hop in video owned CPUs and GPUs that they can then bill you the hours for you know, the tokens that you have to use to get the answer to Hey, I'm trying to google something, can you please fucking answer this one thing for me? And instead it asks a chatbot five hundred times one question and it charges you for like five hundred tokens. So yeah, these companies are all trying to find ways to make this these systems infinitely profitable because right now computers are limited by how many humans there are on the plane.
Speaker 2: Ish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's infinite AI BA bots that they could sell them to, right, That's how it works.
Speaker 3: And if you asked Jenson Wang, there's a billion humans, it's an actual thing.
Speaker 1: He said, they're so good at mass over there, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Which I'm assuming someone told him there was a billion humans with access to videographics cards and he was like, well, they're the only humans.
Speaker 2: That those are the only humans that matter, yep.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, enjoy that. I really like. I don't think they could be any louder on what they're saying without saying it. But I also think it has been fascinating to see how unavailable Xbox has been for comment. I know, Game Informer just did an interview with Matt Booty, but like, you're not. Asha Shama didn't go to Summer games Fest to talk to press. She went to a Bloomberg conference.
Speaker 1: To talk to she you know, did the thing that Phil used to do walk around the summer game first campus and like would bump into a couple of people they had a mixer. I think she might have been there. I know I was talking to you know, Sharia was going to try to go bump into her there or whatever and like get one on one time with her and stuff like that. It's the it's the kind of thing where Okay, yeah, they were not doing those official interviews. I think Game Spot might have talked to one of the new strategic leads. I want to sign you Matthew Ball almost like is that the name of the director of the of the Zelda movie or is that maybe that's a different matel.
Speaker 3: Ball is the analyst that they hired.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, well West Wes one that's doing one that's doing Zelda.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Westball is the guy directing the Zelda movie. Yes, but yeah, Matthew Ball is an interesting high in and of himself as an analyst to bring into the c suite. Uh yep, Which I know that that tells you a lot.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I mean I think what all this stuff they're They're saying a lot here. They come with all their plans. These plans are for them and for their partners, and it's not none of this is an answer for the person trying to spend money on a console or to potentially rent the hardware from from them, Like, none of this is convincing. So the problems that they have faced for a long time now that have been exacerbated by the increases in price are only going to get worse, and none of this answers that and suddenly creates an opportunity for more people to get into the space.
Speaker 2: So it felt like a lot of nothing.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, they could pat each other on the back, being like, the things we're talking about are selling our sixty thousand dollars GPUs to each other instead of selling a five hundred dollars system to one customer, And we can feel really good about that because that looks way better for now, and in the meantime we all feel.
Speaker 2: More and more pushed out.
Speaker 1: And if anything like from you know, out of summer game fist, out of the first half of this year, it is that this you know, this cohort of people that we usually speak to on this show do spend a lot of money still, and you kind of do actually need to keep them, I don't know, maybe not happy. We're never happy, but keep us around and feeling engaged, and none of that is happening in these quotes.
Speaker 3: I mean, like they need to because they're not growing young audience. That's been pretty fucking clear for a while. Yep, young people aren't out there buying Xboxes because it turns out thirsteen year olds in twenty twenty six don't have nine hundred dollars to spend on a fucking console. So, like, I don't know what the actual play here is. If it's like them telling kids to steal their parents' credit cards and get them on a subscription plan without them noticing, I will say, grub really good analysis. Everything we could have said could have been white noise for the last five minutes after Chat realized that Xbox employees a Matt Ball and a mash Booty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the Matt Body Park crew is. Yeah, I'm a big fan of them. Sure, absolutely, uh man, Matt matthew Ball is already having a day over here as Andy. Well, maybe I have to wrap up that at some point. Yeah, I don't know. He might have been retweeting some weirdos on yet from the Grums crew.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at it right now. Yep, exactly great. I let's actually find out what's going on there and then we'll talk about it some other day. All right, let's actually let's take a break, come back, and let's hit the direct after this. I was kind of half able to watch the direct from Get It while I was getting on a plane.
Speaker 2: Someone, have you walked me through this.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about every game that was in that direct at least a little bit right after these messages. If you want to skip out on these, you can go to giant bomb dot com slash join become a premium member. We will be right back. All right, we are back. It's Games Mornings. That's Lex Luddie. I'm Jeff Grubb. Lex. You talked over the Nintendo direct with the Giant Bomb crew yesterday.
Speaker 2: Thanks for helping us out with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have literally non memory of it. I'm not sure if you know this, but if you're on content, you just fucking blackout.
Speaker 2: It's just black guy. It's a fugue state.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Absolutelyfully, you could tell me fucking anything showed up. Star Tropics three could have shown up. I'd be alive from sounds about that.
Speaker 2: Yeap, So here's what we'll do.
Speaker 1: We'll go through I got the list here from game Spot shouts out the game Spot of games that were announced.
Speaker 2: I'll at least say the name of every.
Speaker 1: Single one, but we'll also talk a little bit more in depth about some of these. Let's get started, and then I got a couple of topics that we can go a little bit more in depth in afterwards, or as we're going through it, we can hit some of these other things that are important to talk about. Let's start with hit them. Rhythm Rhythm Heaven, Groove Everybody, My Brain is Broken. That's the Switch one game that is coming out July second, but obviously it will play on switch to. People have played this recently and said really good things about it, saying it might be one of the best Rhythm Heaven games. They showed off like a little RPG mode where it's like a quest, maybe like a It looks kind of equivalent to maybe some of those RPG ish things that were in Street Pass, where it's like, here is Rhythm Heaven and some our RPG battles that you can go through. I think that's a pretty neat way to expand on this idea. Although all I really need are the very fun Rhythm Mani games. It looks pretty good to me.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, please.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I've never played a Rhythm Heaven game properly before on like its native intended system. I've only ever emulated them, So I'm very curious to play one that feels good.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, this one should do that. Ani Mousher Way of the Sword. Capcom brought its biggest game to the switch To at least for the summer. This game looks good on switch To, at least as far as I could see from this. That's where we're at with Capcom games on that platform. So I continue to be very encouraged by that. That game is coming to switch To on September twenty fifth, Dragon's Dogma two Darker Risen.
Speaker 2: It's Darker Risen. It's crazy. It's just the same expression. Yeahs at all wild thing to do.
Speaker 1: But that's coming to switch To, and I believe all the other platforms on October ninth. The Dragon's Dogma one really kind of caught on with fans when it did get it stark Arisen sort of release. I think that's what they're going for here, right is there was a bunch of complaints about dragons Dogma the first time around or Dragon's Dogma two. God, not the first time around, the second time around, and they're like they're saying, hey, we heard that, We're going to address it just like we did last time, and this will be the definitive version of that. Do you sort of buy into that, you think this is a chance for Dragons Dogma two to find its legacy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm especially very curious to see how that runs on switch to because that thing struggled on a lot of PCs, and like the console versions were acceptable but not like great in like that was the game up until monthster Hunter Wilds. That was the game. People pointed to us, Hey, maybe you're pushing the ORI engine to this. Yes, yeah, so I'm very jurious to see how it actually runs on a portable device. But yeah, I want to get back into that game.
Speaker 1: That game look same.
Speaker 3: Oh that game was so cool at the time, and I just ran a time that year to actually play it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, the kinds of the feedback that I think that they might have been alluding to. I kind of wrote some stuff down here. Inconsistent performance. There was definitely issues in the cities, there was limited enemy variety, repetitive lake game combat encounters, awkward fast travel and traversal, and a world in story that some players considered less complete than expected. If they can hit all of those with this, that would be fantastic, and I would be very happy most of them. I would probably feel the same way because I already liked Dragon's Dogma two quite a bit, and just make it feel a little bit better in some of these areas. But honestly, with this your capcom, you're you're on a roll. You should be able to actually address every single one of those things with dark Orisen, and at that point I would be I would I would expect Dragon's Dogma two to have a very strong tale at that point and for people to be talking about it for years to come. Let's continue back over here with Game Spot Devil May Cry five Devil Hunter Edition. This is definitely one that we had been hearing about. It also does suggest to me that we are Devil May Cries back on the menu, that team that was working on Dragon's Dogma and now that they have Darker Risen. After Darker Risen is out, I believe it's there's a lot of crossover there. I could be making mistake, but I believe that's right. I would expect to be going back to Devil May Cry after that.
Speaker 3: Did you see any footage of this one?
Speaker 1: No, not much. I would yeah, go ahead and tell me about it.
Speaker 3: I thought it looked a bit gnarly. I saw it. Yeah, that game has really nice like hair in basically.
Speaker 1: Hair is always the one, right, Yeah, And it's like.
Speaker 3: Ooh, ooh, this looks a little and the frame rate was a little bit up and down. But okay, you know, I'm sure. I'm sure that they will choonish as it comes in, and ultimately, you know, it is a handheld experience that they are selling, so it's hard to judge it too harshly, unlike another game that we'll talk about later on in this which I do think looks real off on the switch.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yes, there was a couple times where I was like looking and I'm watching on my phone and I was watching you all stream it, and I was like, man, is that frame rate going down?
Speaker 2: I wonder if it's the same thing.
Speaker 1: All right, Devil May Cry five Devil Hunter Edition does have new content and it's coming this month June twenty third. All right, Stellar Blade, Stellar Blade is getting This is the first time it's on another console.
Speaker 2: Right, They never came to Xbox, Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it was originally published by Sony and it came to PC Day and Dash. But it was published by Sony when I first launched.
Speaker 1: It's arriving later this year. They didn't say anything about the Stellar Blades sequel, though that one probably will be on PlayStation for a while before it hits any other console. Ray Man Legends retold this is when we've been seeing me and Mike did a kind of a quick lookish like thing over that that's coming to switch on October first.
Speaker 2: What do you make of this game? Were you ever a ray Man Legends person? I?
Speaker 3: Yes, and no. Raymond were Raymond?
Speaker 2: Raymond?
Speaker 3: Raymon, my friend Raymond. I was talking to him the other day and I said, Raymond, please. But yeah, Raymond is one of those franchises that I've respected from a distance. And I played a bish of some of the ub Art ones or the UBR Engine ones, and I did really like those, but I am not I don't put them on a pedestal like some people do, and so I'm pretty okay with this remake, mainly because it looks really nice and it looks like it looks like they're using it as a test bed for like pushing a lot of that tech as as far as it can go. I think they were out there saying like, yeah, we're hoping to like have a lot sixty on switch with ray tracing, which would be very impressive if they can manage it. So, yeah, I'm curious how that game plays out. But it looks the pash, which is rare for Ubi Soft game these days. It's it's nice to see a Ubi Soft game and go, oh, that looks interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean you get how this happens, right that they're the team over there that is working on this. I think was some of the Prince of Persia team or something like that, and they are probably not going to go back like, hey, let's restore ub arts and that's the thing we should be spending our time getting up to speed on. Like now they're going to be doing stuff in new ways, using new tools, and that means if you're going to do this project, you sort of have to pair those two things together. And as you said, at least this looks very good. It does have a nice shiny look to it, and so I'm ready to sort of give it space. Even though I do could, I do still think it's just very weird that we ended up here with this game, in particular Mira Masa Revenant Blades. This is a return for Mira Masa, which was on we I want to say as a game, it's coming to switch one one and yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Do I know the wild thing about this game?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: It's a Vanilla Ware game coming to PC.
Speaker 1: This is coming to PC. Okay, See I was wondering about that specifically. They have not done that yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, vanilla Ware very vocally have been do have never put one of their games out on PC.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic.
Speaker 3: This notably also isn't being published by Sega. It's being published by Nis and Marvelous, which the original More Muscle was also published by them. But it's the first Vanilla Ware game in a while not published by Sega Slash Atlas, so maybe there's something going on there.
Speaker 1: But it is a big in seal right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, it's a big step that they have put one of their games on PC for the first time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is that is actually huge.
Speaker 1: So this game on Switch consoles coming early twenty twenty seven. Hey, I'm excited about that. But yeah, get all of those vanilla Ware games over on PC. That would be great. I mean even their last game, which was a Switch game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, I thought you were going to say thirteen Sentinels was the last one theat.
Speaker 2: Thank you Unicorn Overlord. Yes, that one.
Speaker 1: Never like that one just seemed like such a great idea for PC that never came to PC either, So hopefully this is the start of that. Really, I mean, great switch switch updates on all this fantastic kind of whatever. When it comes to vanilla Ware, you can almost expect that. But yeah, getting these games on PC would be fantastic. Hello, Kitty party Land got announced. It's going to feature like think there's something like two hundred san Rio characters.
Speaker 2: You can make your own. It's a party game.
Speaker 1: It's coming to Switch October twenty ninth, Mario Party But cute, come on, LEXI, I.
Speaker 3: Was saying it to the folks on stream. Dan has to play this.
Speaker 1: Oh you will. We can make him play that, no problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Orbitals S which I think is one that might still be embargoed, so won't say what I've heard about that game. I didn't get to play it. It's uh September third, more September games that's coming to switch to co op Uh that one. Every time I see it, I'm like, God, does this look as good as I mean? It looks fantastic?
Speaker 2: Is it going to be that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Me Toowitch exclusive as well, which yes, yeah, it's it is a bit odd, but they were definitely like that was like the main thing they had at their booth at Summer Game Fest. It was like orbitals and friends is how it was a phrase to me, And it's like, yeah, that's that makes sense. If this game is gonna like, if it's going to play as good as it shows, then it probably can live up to that. And we're going to find out not too long from now. September third, all right, Big Walk then showed up that's coming to switch to on August fourth?
Speaker 2: Do we we did have a release date for that game.
Speaker 1: That's the one from a House House the Australian Depths that did untitled Goose game. It is a friends slop game. What have people been saying? Elevated friends that's the word going run for this one. Yeah, right, I like that one this is this like people who talk about elevated Oh my god.
Speaker 2: No artisanal friends slop. I've seen it chat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot like oh it is is it's friends slop, but people don't want to admit it how much they really like it. I'm into this every time I see it. I'm into it. The idea of just like getting across an island and having to communicate still with your friends either if you lose your walkie talkie using signs and telescopes and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I really want that.
Speaker 1: And I just really like the cartoony characters on the sort of photorealistic backgrounds.
Speaker 2: That's always a good time to me.
Speaker 3: Surely elevated friend slop is actually just overnight oats.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, get your codes out there, everybody, throw your codes in chat. Pokemon Pacopia Expansion Pass is happening. Paid DLC launches for Pokemon Pacopia in August, starting with the first DLC Bubbly Basin. The expansion Pass is now available for purchase. I think that this expansion enables people to build under sea, like you know, homes and domiciles and stuff like that. So I don't know if it introduces new Pokemon but maybe it does.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Again, this is when I was kind of traveling on the plane at this point, but I don't know. Did it look could you kind of glean what was happening in this one?
Speaker 3: John, you seemed pretty excited about this one. You you like to put coke that game. I didn't play that much of it.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was actually surprised that we were getting any type of DLC. I don't know if how much Dragon Quest Builders was supported post launch, but pleas I don't be surprised to see more different places for Ditto to roam around.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, one piece Grand Gourmet, which I think looks really cute. It's and then as they right here, it feels like a natural spinoff for the Blood and Anime franchise, a one piece themed cooking game. It'll feature hundreds of characters from the manga and anime, and it launches on October twenty third, which is right around the time of.
Speaker 2: Call of Duty.
Speaker 1: It's got the eight bit visuals that I.
Speaker 2: Was really into.
Speaker 1: It seems like a fun way to take these I'll take all those characters and do it in a way that is cost effective maybe, but it has a lot of style, so I.
Speaker 2: Was into it.
Speaker 1: They would get Fire Emblem Fortunes Weave, Fire Emblom Fortunes Weave as a release date, and it's coming September seventeenth. The new trailer did she asks wonderful, showed off some gameplay, cinematics, some other stuff. In this case, it feels like September because that's the switch to September game and then you know, we'll talk about the other game that might be coming in November. But yeah, Fire and Bloom looked pretty promising. You know, it looks like Fire Embloom. I don't know, did you see anything in there that really was like, oh man, they were really doing something with this one.
Speaker 3: Those character designs anyway.
Speaker 1: There are some attractive characters that I was happy to see. And then also respect of course, without a doubt, they do have some great designers over there, and they and it always just they know, they know I'm trying to find a way to be like, I don't know this, but it's not just like appealing to my base needs. It's those are really fully fleshed out, and I'm like, now they're just torney.
Speaker 3: It's elevated base.
Speaker 2: That's what we're saying.
Speaker 1: Around here, everybody. It's elevated Gooner bait over at Fireboom's Fortunes weave out September seventeenth for the switch to I am looking forward to this game. I am a Fire and Blum fan. It always goes this way, LEXI where, yeah, there's a fire emblem game coming out, Sure whatever. When it gets when it gets closer, I'll pay attention to it. And then when it actually does get closer, it's like, oh yeah, I love Fire emblems. So looking forward to playing some more of that. Ninjalla to the Uncharted Planet. I wasn't expecting this. It's the sequel to Ninjalla, which was always like a smaller game.
Speaker 2: It's coming Spring twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: They're kind of making it look bigger and almost like an open world. I don't know if it is, but I don't know. Could you suss out what this one was at Ninjaala two?
Speaker 3: Ninjalla is the not Splatoon game. I think the original was free to play and so it did pretty well. I don't know what this is. I watched that whole trailer and I was like, man, I should play some Splatoon. May you bubble them instead of instead? Of paint, which seems fucking gross.
Speaker 1: And you take on like waves of enemies and it's got like the cartoon on amount of pis that pop up on screen. Yeah, but it does look a lot like Splatoon, doesn't it. It really does peak Unko too, Let's go. I was so excited for this. My kids love peak Uniku. As soon as I got home, I showed Addie, who is like the biggest Peakuniku fan, This one is three D, so they're taking Pikuniku one was a two D side scrolling puzzle solting, puzzle solving adventure game. This one looks like it is probably doing something pretty similar, but now with three D and you could play.
Speaker 2: As different, like even more characters.
Speaker 1: It looked like so some of the characters that were in the first one that you interacted with, it.
Speaker 2: Looked like you were controlling controlling them.
Speaker 1: This time around, there's some robot frogs and an all powerful Potato. The games out in twenty twenty seven, which is maybe the only big bummer there, so I want to play it right away. The kids do not know how to wait for games for that long, but yes I did. There was a year where Addie asked for Piku and Nicu, who are two different characters for Christmas, and they don't they don't sell those at Target, it turns out. So we were, yeah, we were like, how do we figure this out? And my mother in law their grandma actions like, I'll showed them together and she actually created them, and those are that when she got them, she opened up the president Addie cried because she was so happy. So yeah, it's adorable. And uh yeah, so Piko Niku two is kind of the most anticipated game in this house right now. And I did see someone say, uh, let's see here. The first pek Niku is currently eighty four percent off so on switch. So if you want to go pick that up, go do that. And yeah, you could play solo it is. It's a it's a one player game. There are some two player modes, but no, it's a one player adventure game. It's the best way of putting it. Uh, all right, jiujutsu kais in Rumble Survivation or survive aton.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to say that.
Speaker 3: One stream. This is another one where I'm like, job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well was this one a a Vampire Survivors.
Speaker 3: It's from Punkel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, this.
Speaker 3: Is one of the punk projects, So.
Speaker 1: The Punko projects. Yeah, get paid with the Punco project. Yeah, that's what That's what they're saying on the street. Donkey Kong Challenges, this is weird. Hop it to the Nintendo Classics Library and you can earn digital cards by taking on several developer challenges in old school Donkey Kong games. Sounds like trophies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this sounded neat of like, hey, just load into a different emulator and play five minutes of a different thing. Yeah. I actually dig I super Dog like this is a neat implementation of their service and them doing it a bit more of a nintendoish way in a way that I can totally get behind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a limited time event.
Speaker 1: I think it's running through September early September, So, hey, summer of Donkey Kong Challenges. Do you think, like when this goes away it was a limited time thing or is this something that they, oh, will start up a different sort of event in the fall for a different game.
Speaker 3: I think they are currently trying to make certain characters become bigger, and you've seen that recently with the star Fox and the push for starf Fox. Yeah, and Donkey Kong was like they put him in that first Mario movie and then they made a whole game based around him, and they've been doing a lot of Donkey Kong focused marketing and merchandise. They did the theme park area, all those different things, and so I think when they have a character that they want to help establish and kind of get up there alongside Mario was as recognizable, they're going to do it. So they're going to do this with Pickmen a million times a year until the end of time, until Miamolo was satisfied, which will be never blown up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I was wearing a lot of video game shirts because I'm middle aged and I'm having my crisis and that's what I do these days. And over the weekend, no one said anything about any of them at the Video Games who cared at SGF, But I was in other places no one said anything, and I wasn't expecting anyone too until I got to the airport and I was wearing a Pickman shirt actually, and some like young guy was like, oh, hell yeah, love that shirt Pickman. I was like, man, all right, hell yeah, Pickman's doing it right now. So that that was feeling good on Pickman's behalf there. There's more Donkey Kong Bonanza stuff coming Donkey Kong Bananza, DK Island and Emerald Rush Paid DLC expands with a limited time content collaboration with Super Mario Brothers, which I think just looks like Donkey Kong and Pauline dressed up as Mario and Luigi.
Speaker 3: They're also breaking question Mark blox and rearranged. Yeah, there's some more arranged music and stuff, but it doesn't seem it's not enough to get me to go by that DLC.
Speaker 1: Right, right, No, exactly, And I did want to like to clarify that, Like, so when I was hearing this, like is the Mario stuff paid? It's like, no, it is part of the existing paid DLC, right, That's how this works.
Speaker 3: It's in the Emerald Rush DLCA, which again, like that thing is niche. I don't think i'd pay another twenty bucks for or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I did, never played it, So maybe maybe I'll use this as an excuse to do that because I'm a dumbass. All right. Minecraft is getting it switched to a specific version I'm trying to see here. Yet it looks like the feature will yeah, it will be packed with features like improved visuals, the Super Mario mashup pack, which was in a different version previously. It's going to have new music tracks and forty Super Mario inspired player skins.
Speaker 2: But then it's going to have like you know, the.
Speaker 1: Ray tracing and stuff like that, like the very light bit that they have built into Minecraft that'll work. So the beautified version of Minecraft that you could play on some systems will now actually work on switch To. Just something I noticed where my kids found out about that and got really mad that the switch didn't support that because they want Minecraft to look different. I'm like, okay, all right, I guess you can go play on one of my old PC handhelds instead, So now they could do it on switch To, although they're a little bit less into Minecraft these days. Lords of the Fallen two showed up here because I guess it's just going to keep showing.
Speaker 3: Up everywhere everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe it just never comes out and they could just keep doing this forever. LEXI, that's my hope.
Speaker 3: Is literally I would that sounds my version of a living hell is heavy showcase from now on. I have to watch a trailer for the Lord of The Fall in two and pretend to give a shit.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, And I'm just every time, I'm just like, what is Is this a frum Soft clone to?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Kinda, I don't know, all right. Lies of P Complete Edition is coming to switch To. It is going to be out August sixth. Notice notably, let me see here, I think I did write this out. Uh no, I did include it. But here's important thing. Uh, the physical version is going to be complete on the card. So if you are someone who buys physical and that's super important to you and you hate game key cards, Lies of P Complete Edition will actually be entirely on the card, So that'll probably help that game do a little bit better with that collecting audience. I've still not played it, and I was talking to Mike. Mike's still like, I think Jan you like Liza P as well. Everyone seems to just like it's really stuck with them. It's time I go back and actually play Liza P. And this would be a one. This would be one I definitely wouldn't hate to play on the switch To. So maybe I'll make that happen. All right, Now, we're getting to the part of the show where they kind of got around to their bigger first party games, Zeno Blake Chronicles is getting you.
Speaker 3: Did forget One thing from the Sizzle reel, which was Space Marines two was getting a switch portal looked real grimy and grimy. That one's real.
Speaker 1: I wonder like that that because they use their own engine over there at Saber for those kinds of games. It's the World war Z engine. I think it was World war Z where they could have a bunch of zombies all rushing you at the same time, and they did something similar with Space Marines two. And I wonder if it's just too much for the switch too. I wonder if that's the kind of thing that just really hits that CPU.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even it seems like the GPU is also being hit pretty hard, because there was some shots where it was very clearly a very very low resolution that they were running DLSS on, and there was a lot of art facting around the characters. I was like, I'm sure people who play this game on the switch to probably not going to notice. This isn't the thing that they're trained to notice. But I was looking at it like, man, that looks.
Speaker 1: Ugh yep, and again, well it just feel like we always get like one or two of those from third parties in an Nintendo direct and this time it was that all right, Zeno Blake Chronicles that are getting upgrades on switch To. All of the games are all three Zeno Bake Chronicle games are getting updated for switch To, and you can expect to play the games in four K and sixty frames per second when your console is in doc mode. Other enhancements include improved cutscenes and more. Of course, to all three titles. I wasn't able to like see when they were talking about this, did they explain what the business or the cost structure is. Do you have to pay for all these upgrades?
Speaker 3: They are ten dollars each, which is the same as Zeno Blade Chronicles X Edition. Right, I'm looking into it. It seems like they were all done at the same time because they're all kind of the same type of bad. These ones seem less bad, right, Yeah, it seems like they haven't just put a really rough AI filter to upscale things, but it's still using a clearly not a DLSS, which is weird because the switch has access to DLSS, but it is using some sort of upscaler to improve the resolution rather than just actually upgrading the internal resolution, which you most certainly could with these games, like they the switch To is a more powerful console without need for upscaling. It could just run and run the matter of higher resolution. So I don't really know what they're doing. They've added new content to them as well. There's like, yeah, there's something. There's like a caching minigame and Zeno Blay Chronicles one and they've added a bunch of voice scenes and Zeno Blade Chronicles two will have different type of it will have like a wave based thing, so like that is niche, but looking at actual visual quality, it it doesn't feel good where you're like, yes, this is technically a shop at image, it's also a muddia image, So I don't know that. That doesn't feel good. So do you want to know what the name of this game is? According to the Nintendo marketing, the Zeno Blade Chronicles to Finish of Edition Nintendo Switch To Edition game.
Speaker 1: Okay, man, they're they're so good at naming things. They're up there with Square Nix. Now is Zeno Blake Chronicles Definitive Edition is out digitally now? Zeno Blake Chronicles two is coming July thirtieth, and then Chronicles three will be out December third, if you want the upgraded each one will be ten dollars, so at least they're spreading that. They're spreading that out, so like you've paid ten dollars now for one, another one in July, and then the third one in December. If they were asking for thirty dollars right now for all three of these, I think it would be so obvious that obviously it's obvious anyhow, but it'd be like, that is so stupid, No way anyone's going to do that.
Speaker 2: They might feel like they can.
Speaker 1: Get away with a little bit more by spreading these out, but that's I don't know, pretty stupid overall. Xeno Blade is back though with a new game, Zeno Blade Genesis, featuring an even heavier anime inspired design. The next Zeno Blake Chronicles game was briefly shown off. It also looks to have a deeper fantasy influence when compared to previous titles, and it's out in twenty twenty seven. How did this one strike your fancy?
Speaker 3: I I don't know. It looks good, It looked good, but I don't know. I want to see more. So, how did you did you watch this one?
Speaker 1: Yes? And I I that line there from this game Spot article where it's like even more anime inspired, It's like, I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes that looks like.
Speaker 1: Really good in this in these in this trailer, and other times it looks kind of generic. And that's my take on like how I feel about modern anime, where it's like a lot of it blends together because I don't notice is I don't notice the nuances. I'm not watching enough to do that. So that's definitely an old man take. I know that, but that's just how I felt in some of these clips. But then when when it is like doing the very over the top Zeno Blade stuff, Oh no, this is working. Actually it kind of it's even like a good mashup of those styles, and like.
Speaker 3: I am glad that they're doing something different because kind of like the lineage of the Zeno Gear Xeno Saga Zeno Blade was always that they were trying new stuff and they were exploring new worlds. This is still, as far as I can tell, in the universe of Zeno Blade, and I'm pretty sure it takes place like in in before the events of the previous Zeno Blade games have've come out, but it does seem like a kind of refresh for the tone and for the atmosphere of that series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what they're kind of.
Speaker 1: It does feel like their positioning this as a new beginning, so it's not Zeno Blake Chronicles four necessarily, but you're right, there's a lot of connective tissue, same universe. I bet fans will feel like they will get more out of it if they've played those previous games. They are definitely trying to give people a new jumping on point. I think I'm a little surprised that they're sticking with Zeno Blade, like at very least. I think I was expecting to be Zeno something else. But I think really in my heart, I was like, they might try something completely new. Right, let's let's go completely off the beaten path here. It's like, because one of their jobs at over there at Monolith is to basically be like the ones that sort of go into the jungle and hack apart the path so that the Zelda team could follow behind them and make something based on like whatever they're trying there. So I'm like, oh, maybe they'll try something very different so that that next Zelda game whatever will be, can have a lot of new stuff to work with, but obviously they also st have to just make their game. And Zeno Blade is growing in popularity, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very well, especially they have been growing. It's not just that they have sold well, it's that they've been growing in sales. Is the thing that I think finds a lot of value in right now.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, let's continue here, just a few more Nintendo Which Sports Resort which when it first popped up like this, this pilot Wings. Pilotings also had its own resort version as well on the three DS, I mean the pilot Wing.
Speaker 3: They both feature Woohoo island.
Speaker 1: They do, Yeah, absolutely they do. This is okay. It's gonna have twelve sports, including boxing, bowling, basketball, there's a well, there's.
Speaker 2: Thumb wrestling, you see, and they showed a.
Speaker 3: Lot this bit. I'm not sure if you caught it back Lack had a great he fucking he was all in for the thumb wrestling, especially when Koizumi started like demoing it. Bacola thought that was really charming, too.
Speaker 2: Charming is the word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he was really enamored by it, I'd say, But yeah, I'm a bit skeptical compared to back law, but he seems into it, and so I don't know that dude's weird. He can enjoy what he wants.
Speaker 1: That's where you got to give him what he wants exactly, No no point standing in the way of him and his weird proclivities. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I say that gift of Koizumi from about here down with his handgoing yep, fucking insane that.
Speaker 1: It's I mean, what I want is the face he's making when he's like when he's completed the act of the thumb wrestling and uh and the hand going off, and then I want, like because it's like in two different screens, like two little picture and pictures, and then there's the gameplays happening inside. I want the gameplay area green screened. So we could just apply that to everything going forward. Yeah, just like that should just be a meme format.
Speaker 3: The gameplay to be only Chumba Bikini.
Speaker 1: Squadh, yeah exactly. Yeah, they had some chambar stuff and uh and sports resort before, so why not just bring those characters into there. Oh they got they have jump rope and I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: Back he was way into that he was like, this is a jump rope is such a cool sport.
Speaker 1: It's one of his favorite sports.
Speaker 3: Right. He's talking about how he loves like the competitive scene of jump rope, right, just the atmosphere and the history, and you know, like sport is so much more than just like a game. It's yeah, competition, it's it's all these different things. And you know, he really went on like a beautiful soliloquy about it, but he was way into it.
Speaker 1: Oh, he said chat saying, yeah, totally. All right, Well, let's move on from Nintendo Switch Sports Resort. Which did they give a date for that one? I was looking for it, but let's let me double check real quick that one is coming?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't think they so, yeah, it's coming October twenty second.
Speaker 1: There we go. I thought they had it over there, all right. And then let's see here RuneScape Dragon Wilds, which okay, it's coming September fifteenth.
Speaker 2: I have fun with that.
Speaker 1: And then they showed off more Starfucks, which, hey, that's got a demo now so people can go play that. A couple of things. We found out who's making it, Vellain Studios, which made that Mario Kart Live Toys to Life sort of thing. They also did Knockout Tour or I can't can't remember that, not got.
Speaker 3: Sick City City, Thank You? Which jam? You really like that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Played a bunch of Life.
Speaker 2: I think James into it?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah did? Star Fox was now a game that people could play, and people are playing it and it's saying it looks really good. And I think that is kind of the big takeaway from this game is visually, when you're playing the levels, it really does stand out how good it is. But do you take anything away from Velin being the ones making this? Does that mean anything as opposed to like an internal Nintendo team, because I don't know if it works that way for me.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I think Nintendo choose their partners very carefully and they work with them quite frequently. I think Velin also might have worked on one or two of the switch to updates, not the Action Familiar updates. Yeah, it was like them, and Panic Bohn did a lot of them. I think so. I think that, you know, Nintendo have their group of studios outside of First Party that they like working with, and they work with them consistently, and they were happy enough with h the Mario cash to a live thing, and so yeah, I'm not surprised that they gave them a more substantial project, but still one that is ultimately like, hey, no, we set the parameters of what this is, and you just kind of you fill out. You do that, you fill in the blanks that we have left for you.
Speaker 2: Then Final Fantasy resonance.
Speaker 1: But this is a kind of an HD two D Final Fantasy game for Switch coming October twenty second. I think that's such a great idea to just do more of this but with a smaller budget while still making it look amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, goh, tell me what you're thinking about it.
Speaker 3: The other part of this is remember how Octopath Zero was kind of a reworking of the Octopath mobile game.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is this was originally a mobile game, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: This is going to be working a Brave Ex Brave X experience.
Speaker 1: Yes that's right, yes.
Speaker 3: Which has led to some really funny things where like the summons are just like, hey, you remember that Cloud exists. Yes, Cloud's a pretty cool guy. And then Cloud shows up and does some shit on the battlefield and disappears. But it shows like footage from Final Fantasy seven remake.
Speaker 1: Right, it shows like it just shows like the full three D models, right, like those characters. Yeah, that's that is very funny. Actually, I mean I thought that that zero. Yes, what was the other one that they kind of did this with them? Sorry you just mentioned it zero. Yes, I thought that was pretty decently received. And if this is like, hey, take some existing content, existing games, rework it the same way they did that, hopefully it leads to more in the future. It's like they don't just necessarily make a mobile game. It's like, let's do an original one of these four Final Fantasy on consoles using HD two D or some variation thereof.
Speaker 3: It's also noteworthy because one of the few remaining one of these mobile games that hasn't gotten a reworking is Yo Katao's Near Game, which is an original Near Sea and Near reincarnation. People really really like that game, and it was totally delisted. You cannot play that game anymore, so.
Speaker 2: So do the same Yeah, yeah, if.
Speaker 3: They did that. Also, just let's let Yokuta release something he works so hard. Please let one of his games release.
Speaker 1: Yep, agreed, and then can hi wind here points out the mobile version of this had Ariana Grande and Colombo in it.
Speaker 3: I heard it had two Ariana is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go two Ariana Grandees and a Colombo. Is just my dream. That's that's that's what I need to make make things happen.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The story was the best part of that game, so should be decent, says Jace Rathbone and Chat. Okay, so yeah, I thought it looked good. I don't want to like hold anything against it.
Speaker 2: They did it.
Speaker 1: They've done a decent job with this exact sort of thing before, so let's see if this one could pull it off. All right, let's sit, you know, let's sit these other ones real quick. Dragon Quest, Monsters, the Withered World. That looked pretty cool. That's coming December third. Split Tune Raiders is coming July twenty third. You see, Oh no, that's coming to No. Yeah, we'reetting a direct on June thirtieth. The game's coming on July twenty third. This is the start of like some of these Nintendo games where it's like they showed off a little bit more, not a lot. So I'm still left with some questions. I mean, Splatoon Raiders we've known for a while single player, single player focused a Splatoon game which they've had great single player modes before. To me, it's always just like, okay, if you're going to have it stand down on its own, how are you building on that to make it worthy of whatever price you're going to charge for this thing? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Did you take anything away from what they showed of Splatoon Raiders?
Speaker 3: The thing that they kind of highlighted here was that it has like leveling up elements. It has light or pe genus tu wish. So I think that's kind of the big focus for this one.
Speaker 1: Metaphor Refountasio is coming on November twelfth. Delta Rune's next chapter has a date that's coming June fifth.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, that's is that right? Yeah? It's out now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, I'm sorry, says it's out very soon. I'm gonna click through here at double check that. Yeah, June twenty fourth.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Things got mixed up. Delta uns continues to go along here. How far into like completion is Delta rus This is five of six? Five of six, Okay, that's what I thought, all right, June twenty fourth. For that, it's a free update for anyone who's been buying those so far and then there was a sizzle reel with like Daisy Cool. Addition, Final Fantasy fourteen Online Tales of Eternia Remastered, Rise of tomb Raiders, snow Runner which is out now, Observer System Reducts which.
Speaker 2: Is out June eighteenth.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, here's the Space Brain two for you that's coming out twenty twenty six, is all they're saying. Fitness Boxing three, middle Gear Solid Master Collection Volume two out August twenty seventh. All right, let's wrap back around to the Dusk Bloods, which they said, hey, we got to Clostwork network tests coming this summer, and then they kind of said nothing else. Yeah, how'd you feel about that?
Speaker 3: Uh? I think the the two biggest headlines at the show showing so little is why there's a contingent to people that feel pretty negative about.
Speaker 1: This Burn direct.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like you look at it on paper and you're like, that's a great direct, and then you look at the actual content of those two biggest trailers at the show and you're like that, I still don't know what these games are. And I think in the Zelder case, it's very weird because it's like it's just a weird choice of what they showed, Like, I get showing a teaser, but why not show something a bit more dynamic that shows off the arch a bit better rather than this one shot that like doesn't look broke. And in the case of the Dusk Bloods, I think they're doing a real bad job at explaining that what that game is, because the press release that came out made clear it is an eight player multiplayer game of some kind with some degree of extraction or like pv PvE elements to wish or you can work with the you know, other players, So they are just they've done a real bad job of explaining what that game is, yes, other than saying it is the next Tromsoft game, which in some ways is kind of all they need to say to sell it, But like it would be nice if there was some bit of clarity on what that game actually is because right now, like it kind of seems very similar to Night Rain in a lot of ways. It seems like night Rain was, you know, a run based thing with you know, CRUs of three, and this is now a eight player based thing where you're on your own and you can maybe team up with people, but it's still kind of doing the same thing of going through these runs and like going going through replaying the same areas multiple times, which again I'm just I'm not sure if that's what the Souls or Tromsoft fan base really really wants.
Speaker 4: Know.
Speaker 3: Night Rain sold well, but in the long run, it's not gonna sell as well as the Bass Elder Wings, So I know, I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: Yep, me too, I'm very curious. It was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just like, how okay, I kind of wanted to see more. We will see more. They're gonna have, you know, that summer closed network test, so we'll get a chance to play it. Everyone's question around it is like, you know, I sometimes I like the multiplayer stuff stuff. Sometimes I don't from a front game. What am I going to be doing sort of moment to moment? How much is this multiplayer? How much is it pvpve My guess is it's like I bet it's pretty single player up to a point and then until it's not, and then it's gonna flip when you go into these certain areas to like to do some sort of extraction some take on that. But we'll see. All right, There's still a couple more Kingdom Hearts for which you know, a similar thing but not exactly the same thing. Where how are you going to show off Kingdom Hearts for not show off the At this point, I'm gonna say, don't show off the Final Fantasy stuff. That does feel like a ship that is mostly sailed. But where's the Disney stuff? They didn't, They didn't even have that, Like, I know, Mike said that, but I was and it's like, feels like a joke coming from him.
Speaker 2: But yes, and no, where's the Disney stuff?
Speaker 3: No more has made Final Fantasy Versus thirteen three times now, and he's getting exceedingly good. Ish He's going to keep on doing it until it's perfect and we have the perfect version of Nactus.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, it does feel like this game is getting extremely into its bullshit.
Speaker 2: But I just don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, show a world show like one Disney World that you're going into to make this still feel like Kingdom Hearts.
Speaker 2: I get this point.
Speaker 1: Kingdom Hearts has turned into some other thing.
Speaker 3: You don't get it. The real world is a Kingdom Hearts way, Yeah, Disney World your heart, it's in your real heart in the real world. It's fine. You don't get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't I you know, you're right. We should send a xenomorph after John Drake to really get him to fix this up. This is all his fault, all right. And then finally the Legend of Zelda Aqerina of Time remake. The rumors were true. This is happening. It is coming in twenty twenty six, so we got to see a lot of it. Right, there's a tease, I guess. I guess the thing from this video is there's voiceover, which makes me think that they might actually have some more voices in this game than normal. But I'm not gonna get my hopes up too much. There they sort of it's a tease. This is a tease where they're kind of like like showing a little bit of like one of those Zelda like tapestries that tells the story of the world, and then they fade in to Link like at the beginning of Okerina of Time, sleeping on his little tree stump or whatever, and that's it. We just saw Link looking pretty smooth and like an unreal engined sort of demo. In some ways, I don't want to be too archs because we just haven't seen the game in motion at all, really, but I was not blown away by this and at the same time cool that it's happening.
Speaker 3: I like that link was striking the yamp share in a traiture pose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, it looks exactly the same as that. I saw that that joke going around and it made me laugh. What do you make of this? Like just this way of showing off this game.
Speaker 3: Fucking weird like this surely this is their This was their biggest announcement at the show, and Nintendo are not known for doing very short teasers. Like usually when Nintendo has like a big blowout for a big main thing, they show a pretty extensive amount of it, and this felt weirdly limited in what they were showing. So I really don't know what the thinking behind this was. I saw some people being like, even if you were showing something, why wouldn't you show the horse riding thing from the opening of Gannon riding out of the Castle or something like that, where you do get a much better idea of the atmosphere and the tone and it is more dynamic even But it was just it was a very strange thing to just have this one very still shosh and this character model and now people ultimately like people are just going to overanalyze that one character to death or that one character model to death, and that doesn't seem like the smartest move was if you give them a little bit more, it at least spreads out some of the focus and if there are misgivings, they're a bit more spread out. So I'm not sure. I'm sure this will wind up being great, and that like Nintendo isn't going to let someone fuck up a links Away or not links Awaken air a Korea Time remake. But also it was a very strange showing.
Speaker 2: It was very strange.
Speaker 1: Now it's made a little bit more strange by the fact that it was rumored for weeks and we were talking about it. Had this come out of nowhere, I think this makes a little.
Speaker 2: Bit more sense.
Speaker 1: I still think the conversation around like I need to see this game, and all we're seeing is this character model sort of on his side and in an awkward pose honestly, like, yeah, he's sleeping, but it was always awkward, and now I just need to see, like what it looks like in motion to know if this thing is going to be that exciting or not. No, it's it's Zelda, So I'm going to be excited about it no matter what to a degree, But yeah, I just wanted to see more from this game, and obviously we will, but it just it kind of reaches a point where it's like, yeah, like there was a lot of stuff from Summer Game Fest that was weird. So we didn't see a lot of this. We didn't see a lot of some of these other games here. It was just and there's games we can't talk about that. We played just an odd summer announcement season for a bunch of reasons.
Speaker 3: It should imposture length, even when you're sleeping, it's important.
Speaker 1: Yet, all right, a couple other things to clean up here.
Speaker 2: There was.
Speaker 1: A price given for Fire Emblem Fireblom Fortunes we will call seventy dollars digitally and eighty dollars physically. I think when we originally all first talked about like, hey, they're going to be separating the physical and digital price, they were saying in the moment Nintendo, Hey that means so we can get you a deal, so we can get you And I think we all everyone at Chaver, what's going like, Sure, yeah, I got car watches. Let's see how long that lasts and eighty dollars for fire emblem. Feels like they're that feels like they were saying, yeah, this is going to happen pretty frequently, and also it's going to specifically happen for these kinds of franchises where we know we have a hard core, dedicated audience of people who really want to have this physically, and we're not going to sell you know, twenty millions, twenty million copies of this of this game, but we're going to sell five to ten on the high end or whatever. And for you, you guys got to pay a little bit extra.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I will say they also were very much so in that trailer pushing the value of that game of like the previous game had three you know, playable characters and routes or whatever. This game has four. And it's like, oh, that's like yeah that you very much so are insisting that this is better bang for your buck in a in a very base way.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, all right, We're long over time now. I guess I want to just get one last take from you, Lexi. A lot of the games in this reports from third parties. How are you feeling about third party support on the switch.
Speaker 3: To a bit mixed on it. Some of those ports, I'm like, yeah, that makes total sense, I can totally see it. Some of them, I'm like, that is ambitious, And I'm curious. This is something that I've been thinking a lot about with the lead up to the next consoles and the fact that AMD have and Mark Serney have kind of confirmed like, yeah, there will be you know, frame gen will be a technology that we have on these new consoles, and upscaling will be a major part of these new consoles. I'm very curious to see how developers lean into those technologies and how reliant they become on those technologies for getting their games up and running, and whether it becomes kind of like a clutch or a crutch for some developers. And you know, there's rumors going around that like the sixty series of graphics cards from Nvidio being delayed and that they're instead doing a fifty series super line, which honestly almost sounds better to me. The idea of, hey, this might be the last generation of graphics card built purely for rasterization and not for you know, upscaling, and you know all that trash that I don't actually really want using yeah, and so there's a part of me that's like, maybe, you know, fifty eighty super is suddenly a way better prospect than a sixty eighty or whatever, And so I don't know. It's it's a very weird time for games. It's so fucking weird, and trying to make any price seem like good value is like so difficult.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, that does it for the headlines. Let's go ahead and rest start wrapping up the show. This is the first show back after some summer game fests, so don't have a poll question.
Speaker 2: The last one we.
Speaker 1: Asked about was your excitement levels for Summer Game Fest and that's long over. Now we do have a new poll question. It's let's see your grade that Nintendo Direct, ABC or D or lower. We'll post that, we'll get the results to talk about it on tomorrow's show. Here on Giant Bomb, speaking a Giant Bomb, we I think we might be doing our return to Blake Club. I think Dan wants to play space Ace for a minute, but I've been doing this show while they're figuring that stuff out.
Speaker 3: So Dan called his shot. He told that young boy that he's gonna hit a home run. He's going to win the series, like.
Speaker 1: He's gonna beat space Everybody's GEARA one.
Speaker 3: Today could be a long run.
Speaker 1: Today we signed we signed a Space Ace cartridge everybody and gave it to an eleven year old boy. And now, yeah, now Dan's got to beat Space Ace. So we'll see what happens. All right.
Speaker 3: Dan was surprised that young people were watching the Space A series, but young people have short attention spans and Space Ace is only forty minutes long, so.
Speaker 1: It's only forty minutes long, you see. So Dan, come on, buck up there, big guy. All right, let's see. Lexie wanted to tell people where they could find you on the internet what you have going on all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can find me on Blue Sky at Lexlod dot xyz. I'm still working over there. I'm doing freelance games reviews for gamer Guides. At the moment, I continue to run stampmanu dot co dot uk, which is a website for people trying to break in to games media and games writing. You can support us on Patreon at Patreon dot com slash start menu. We have a really good update patch which is all weekly Patrio on exclusive roundup of news that just went now she yesterday of almost everything shown at Summer Games fast Adam did a great job on that. And we should have some previews as Embargo's shop because we sent someone this year.
Speaker 1: So yeah, check that out, all right, Yeah, and I as should clarify. Dan did not guarantee he'll beat it in this episode, everybody, but he say he did say he will eventually beat it. He's not going to give up on Space Ace. All right, let's see here. We already talked about what's happening today. But the rest of the week for Giant Bomb, you know, we're kind of we're hobbling back to work, everybody. It was a long, long busy time over there in LA, so we'll do our best to make sure plenty of stuff goes up this week. But I know and we will be awesome. I saw your step yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was for one day.
Speaker 1: Yeah that equated to like seventeen miles. Hell yeah, let's go all right, everybody, thank you for watching. You're the best audience in gaming. Lexie, thank you. I didn't say thank you to you yet anytime.
Speaker 3: Always happy to be here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate you helping me out in this episode.
Speaker 1: As I'm feeling ragged, but I appreciate everybody tuning in. So happy to be back doing Gay Mess Mornings. We'll be back with another one tomorrow. Until then, have a good one, take care of yourself, and goodbye.