Speaker 1: Seven oh five fifty five Caros De Talk Station, Happy Monday. You do a choice when it comes to elections. Of course your vote counts and every vote matters, and maybe we could change the direction of the city of Sinceing by going a different route politically. Joining me Merrill candidate Corey Bowman find him on line at Corey Bowman dot com. Corey, welcome back to the morning show. It's pleasure to have you on this morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's always great to be on.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me. Brian, quick question, I want to put you on the spot. If you're not going, are you planning on being at Jim and Jacks for the VVA GRAMA Swamman Christopher Smitheman summit that's going on this evening.
Speaker 2: Yes, we believe in open discussion and we encourage anybody that whatever voice that you have to attend.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful to hear. Now your reaction to the press conference happened over the weekend, Ugus first, Mayor, I have to have Purvall Police Chief Dji and share along the city manager along with community leaders including Damon Lynch. The third perval had this to say, it's overt racial tensions that have been claimed by irresponsible leaders who have unfortunately cynically tried to take advantage of this awful fight and try and divide us. I read that and I wrote, loll after it. I mean, we've been living a reality the left is it loves to divide us. They're the ones that divide us constantly over every possible issue, political and social. This is what they're all about. Divide and conquer is a strategy for the Left. So I find it a little bit hard to swallow. I mean, look at like since George Floyd, they have used that to take advantage of this fight and try to divide us. Racial tensions claimed by irresponsible leaders. I mean, this has been going on for a long time. Anyway, your overall reaction to the press conference and where we stand on this incident, Corey Bowman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, like you said, there's a lot of people trying to turn this into divisive issue, But I don't see how it can be divisive when you're just going against the violence that's happening downtown. If I wants you to take a side, and there's certain things of the details of the investigation, I believe as an elected official, you do have to tell people. Hey, the investigations ongoing, we have to wait for all the factors to come out. I agree with that, But what I don't agree with is just sitting your residence in the dark and not telling anybody anything and letting everybody kind of fend for themselves. And then when the information does come out, all you're doing is criticizing the social media. All you're doing is criticizing the media for not technically doing your job of informing the people. And that's what we have to realize is that city Hall, the chief, the mayor, they were silent for an extended amount of time while all this was going on, and the nation's eyes were on our city and the elected officials responsible for informing the people about what's going on, and they failed to do so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the silence was deafening. We didn't hear from the mayor until Monday, if I recall correctly, he was out of town in Vancouver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I get it. You know, there's there has to be vacations, there has to be time off. But when all the eyes of the nation are on our city and this is what's happening, and so from my perspective, I woke up on Monday morning, you know, and there was a lot of discussions that was happening over the weekend from people what's going on about the fighter, about the violence. And I want to say that number one, these videos for people that live downtown and live in the Cincinnati area, it's just a reminder of what we've had to go through over the last months of the summer with a poorly managed city that has let crime just override the streets of our city. You know. So but anyway, I woke up on Monday and my phone was ringing off the hook from media. And this is national media, you know, not one side of me, but this is all media outlets that some of them were flying in from the from their national headquarters to try to get news on this. And they told me specifically that nobody from city Hall, nobody from the police department officials were making any comments, and so they were just trying to get information to tell people what's going on, and there was silence from city Hall.
Speaker 1: Well that under the I mean, as an elected official, you're going to have to run in and deal with situations that you wish you didn't have to deal with. It sounds to me like they're by ignoring it. They thought that it was just going to go away. This is viral. I mean it took viral video to bring it to the attention of even local media who hadn't reported on it until what on Sunday or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know everybody says, oh, you can't just attack, you got to provide solutions. Well, we've been providing solutions with our campaign and what we would do differently. And Friday night or Saturday morning was a perfect storm of all of these dismanaged policies in the city that have encouraged its violence to happen on a regular basis. You know, let's talk about, you know, the emergency communications center, how they didn't have a delegated dispatcher in line for the events. Let's talk about the curfew, how officers were specifically told to not cite for violations and so basically they're glorified babysitters. A short staff force is trying to enforce a curfew, but not enforce a curfew. And then let's talk about how there was not adequate cops that were downtown. And then on top of this, let's talk about how the chief said that there was only one nine to one one call. And when they played that, I'm telling you that's the bold faced live because at the screenshot of a lady that called off a Fourth Street at three zho three am and she said that they were very dismissive on the line.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a development that I was not aware of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to get the word out on that because that was just an actual both face locked when you say that there's one nine one one call. Now, I was waiting for it because a lady approached me on the street while I was doing an interview and she said, I tried to call I called nine to one one. She told me about her experience. She said that it was during the fight and she was trying to let the dispatcher know or the call taker know that there was a fight going on. She said the call taker was very dismissive and rude. And this was at three oh three am. And this is a lady, she's actually a very prominent, you know, influential lady in the financial district. And so when she told me that, she sent me her screenshot and then I see on the press conference, hold the police, she says, there's only one phone call and it happened at three oh six am, and so when they released the recording, I was waiting to hear the lady's voice because I was like, Hey, maybe I by a chance to only talk to the one person that called I one one. But that was not the case. And we're getting reports that there were calls and so that was a lie. And if you hear on the actual phone call itself that was released by the gentlemen who called, there are sirens at the end of the phone call. And so the police were informed before that as well, well, what.
Speaker 1: Do you think of or Mayor I have to have provol sort of a change in his viewpoint with regard to law enforcement. We got the Wine announcing that he's going to deploy the state Highway patrol to free up some of the officers so they can I guess, patrol the streets. Provoll said that will allow them to do that. He said, you're going to see police officers on foot You're going to see police officers on bike patrols. You're going to see police officers in squad cars. They're going to see police officers on segways and on segways that have three wheels. We are prioritizing the visibility in our urban core in order not just to maintain safety, but to make sure people feel safe when they're going out. Well, seems like something that people have been clamoring for for a long time. Where's the mayor been since he was elected and prior councils who are pro defunding the police. This is a complete one eighty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you've been paying attention in a city hall, you know that this is a one ady. But this is the game plan for anybody that's in an election year that you're going to be reactive, not proactive. And this is the reality is that if you are elected office, you have to be able to see into the future. You got to be able to see what's ahead, and you've got to be able to plan ahead and just prepare the people or prepare the streets to be safe. And this is a little too little, too late, in my opinion, because this is something that from the top down is trickled down in competence from our city hall and we've got to get a change.
Speaker 1: In leadership, including the Chief of Police and the city manager, Corey Bowman.
Speaker 2: Well, so my public statement on Monday was I called for the public resignation of city manager sharel Law. A lot of people you know we're calling for the resignation of the mayor. Well, we're doing that in November. You can make your voice heard and vote for Corey Bowman in November fourth against mayor aft have pear of ale. But I'm trying to educate people on the reality of city government is that we have a CEO type which is the city manager. The city manager is responsible administratively for implementing policies throughout the city. This isn't just about the crime. This is about We've had terrible snowplower moval, We've had terrible potholes and infrastructure situations. We've had time and time again problems administratively with the city. And then the city manager, to top it all off, does appoint the Cincinnati Fire chief and the police department chief. And so if you call for the chiefs resignation, which I think that people have a valid response to that, but you have a city manager in place that will put somebody that's more incompetent into their place. And so we've got to realize that this is from the top down and competence from the leadership.
Speaker 1: Corey Bowman dot com where you find Corey and that help mountain his campaign and make show up tonight at Jim and Jackson the River five point thirty. It's going to be a crowd. I presume. I know there's a counter protests scheduled across the street now, Corey, I don't know. I mean Vivak Ramaswamy and Christopher Smithman, the leaders of this particular meeting are interested in finding solutions. That was the point of it. I mean, set it out loud. They're not there to filment violence and anger, as Iris Rawley would suggest, but an opportunity to maybe get your voice heard and see Corey Bowman and shake hands and again Corey Bowman dot Com to help his campaign. I hope it goes well tonight, Corey. I hope it's uneventful at least in terms of violence or anger, and I hope you do come up with some good solutions. It's a great opportunity for people to get the message out.
Speaker 2: No, Brian, thank you so much. And finally, if it's okay, I'd like to say that that is a key issue with everything going on is the game plan is divide and conquer from the other side, and we cannot allow that to happen. We have stood against any type of hay, any type of racism. We denounce anybody on either side that would cause violence to the other side for any type of reason. That is what we're fighting against, and we're trying to get people to focus on the main issue, which is trickled down in competence from the top down. We've got to change.
Speaker 1: Leadership, change leadership for the betterment of all people, regardless of political stripes in the city of Cincinnati. That's what your message is, Corey Bowman. That's all I've heard from you from the get go, and I know you personally and truly believe that you are a man of competence and of your word and someone who's certainly looking for peace and not violence and division. Corey, wish you the best of luck. Man. You and I will talk again real soon.
Speaker 2: I hope absolutely. Thank you so much, Brian.
Speaker 1: Sure, thank good luck. Tonight seven sixteen fifty five K see the talk station. Christopher Smithman will be there at Jim and Jacks on the River, and you can pretty much say that about that every single day, his favorite hangout. He'll be on the program. Next and first, because you deserve better, call my friends at plumb Tight Plumbing for all your residential plumbing needs, no service, fees, free estimates a plus with a better business bureau. They know you deserve better and they deliver on that. Great plumbers. I know that for a fact because I've watched them in action at my house. Tankless water heaters been pointing this out. Plumb Tight to try, says number one installer for tankless. Go tankless to save money, save a lot of space, no giant tank anymore, and those tankless systems last longer. Plus the best benefit, you can never run out of hot water. It's an amazing thing, revolutionary technology for your home. So call plumb Tight for that. Also call them for trenchless sewer line repair. Haven't inspector sewer line you got a problem there. Fortunately you don't have to lose your lawn in the process of dealing with that repair or replacement. Trenchless sewer line repair from Plumb Type Plumbing online, Plumb Tight t I t E. Plum Tight dot com five one three seven two seven Tight five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station, Heart