Speaker 1: And now it's time for Benson's week day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt F on tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: Something really cool happening tomorrow I'll tell you about in a second. Let's start with last night though, because Jack White was in town Tuesday night.
Speaker 5: It was a big deal.
Speaker 2: We were all talking about it. And then Wednesday just sneaking into town because you couldn't see him, he's so small. Paul Simon played last night, and I know that played. That might not mean a ton to like the Eagle audience, I would imagine, but Christina Ray was at the Paul Simon Show last.
Speaker 3: Night, and he's pretty iconic. I mean, we have Disturbed covering Sound of Silence. We played that quite a bit and it's an awesome cover. But yes, Paul Simon was in town last night. He's in town again tonight. So for a long time I thought I was going tonight last night, but yeah, he played at Winspear Opera House and he is a tiny, tiny man.
Speaker 5: He's tiny.
Speaker 4: How many I've never been in the wind Spear he does. Actually that is not true. I have been in the wind spirit.
Speaker 5: It's super nice. Is it hold about fifteen hundred?
Speaker 3: I'm like, kt, I'm bad with numbers, but I can say it was very intimate. We had great seats on the floor right in front of him, right in the center, like right by the lighting and sound guy in the back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Helmy was Yes, it was five about three, okay, five to three, and you're with and athletically built Mike Soroy. Is his full body size about the size of Siroy's torso.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, just about. But again, it was very intimate. It was probably the quietest concert I've ever been to.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's gotta be seventy eight eighty three, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: So that was a thing. I'm like, I think this is one the shortest person I've seen perform live, but also the oldest too. And he still sounded great. I know he was on S and L not too long ago, and it was kind of iffy, but he sounded awesome all night. And there are two different sets he did, like one whole set, and he told us before of these like seven songs that he just released back in twenty twenty three, and I didn't mind him all they were gorgeous with this guy behind is like this boring sucks.
Speaker 4: A guy at the Windspare Opera House was saying something was boring.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: It was like, dude, it's Paul Simon.
Speaker 5: Shut up.
Speaker 4: Fine for amazing sound. To be able to see a show like that there is pretty incredible. I didn't even know he was coming. I didn't even hear about this.
Speaker 3: I don't know how Mike found out about it, but yeah, so it was just him an acoustic guitar. There was like a cello player, a flute. There's a guy with a clarinet too. Wait, was there heavy drums? There was a big drum kit, but I wouldn't say heavy, but he did do all like the big hits, like a Homeward Bound. That was the first song that actually made me tear up because I realized, like this might be the first and only time I see Paul Simon perform, you know, But it was also kind of nice. I was like, really appreciate this moment because this is provole. And then also they played Me and Julio down by the school yard. That was like the way to end it. And then he came back on for an encore. I was very impressed with him.
Speaker 4: Did they have a hologram of Gene Hackman out there during Me and Julio down by the schoolyard.
Speaker 5: No, that would have been incredible.
Speaker 3: There was a projector behind him, but they didn't really put that much up on there. But I will say so. They did like two songs, two or three songs for the encore. Then everyone left the stage and it was just Paul Simon and he did this sound silent. Oh my god, and I cried so hard, my old friend. It was incredible. So again, he's playing another show tonight. I don't know if it's sold out, but if someone wants to go, I don't recommend it.
Speaker 5: No way, that thing's not sold out.
Speaker 4: The great thing about him is that the parts that he sings, there's not a lot of range. Yeah, you know, like even on the Simon and Garfunkel stuff, Garfunkel saying all the high harmonies and stuff.
Speaker 3: He had his wife come out for a few songs.
Speaker 5: Too, Dallas native ed Berkel ebro Kel, Edie Berkell.
Speaker 3: She is awesome and very tall compared to him. She has a great voice.
Speaker 5: So he's the definition of a short king.
Speaker 2: Yes, he had a powerful, short guy's awesome two hundred the capacity the all right, So tomorrow night at at and D State post Malone, it's his big stadium tour and Jelly Roll's opening, of course, but that's not the reason we're doing this, Yes, it is. What he's got is postmone has been promoting this big traveling tailgate party at all of these huge stadium shows. So from noon until six pm in the parking lot of AT and T Stadium, which is a huge parking lot. I guess it's all kinds of carnival games, tattoos, live music going on. But one thing that he did because he went to grape Vine, is he invited the grape Vine High School band to come out and play at like six pm at the end of his like of the big tailgate things.
Speaker 5: So there's a video.
Speaker 2: The audio is not great, it's kind of muffled up, but where the band director is telling all the kids you have been invited to come play at at and T Stadium. Post Malone is inviting you to come play.
Speaker 5: God, that's cool, but you know it's not like they're gonna be on stage.
Speaker 2: Well, like I s they could be, but that the whole plan is like they're gonna be out in the Telgate and it's huge. Like I'm telling you the amount of crap that they're from voting, They're they're giving away a motorcycle, beer, carnival games and then uh and then that is just what a cool thing for a high school kid.
Speaker 3: I think our friends like Billy the Kid them are involved with They did help do that.
Speaker 2: I know, Zan, Yes, the program director at Mix one O two nine, Zan, I know she helped had something to do with this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, werked her ass off for get that to happen.
Speaker 3: So that's cool.
Speaker 5: That's badass, man. I love that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think there's having like a big thing at Canes tomorrow too.
Speaker 4: Canes location the one, yes, right Northwest Highway and thirty five.
Speaker 2: It's the blue the one that's Cowboys that they're having a merch pop up there tomorrow.
Speaker 5: All right, cool, fantastic postman them