Speaker 1: All right, let's get this thing started. Thanks for being here. My name is Sandy. This is JB.
Speaker 2: Hello, Tricia's here too, Hi everybody and JB.
Speaker 3: I got to let you know something real quick.
Speaker 1: Right out out of the shoot here, I've started Strava stalking you.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, he's obsessed with Strava.
Speaker 4: My bike rides, my rowing I haven't rode in a while. That goes on there too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see that. That's an efficient workout, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I know it's creepy, right, I haven't done it in a while, but I've been riding my bike more lately.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I know.
Speaker 1: She did a little eighteen mile ride up through rolling wood and stuff the other day, and I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was yesterday, yesterday.
Speaker 1: For those of you that know know, Strava is a fitness app where let's see go out and go for a bike ride like JB did it, maps where JB rode and you can see it and when he did it and all that other stuff, and it just kind of logs your workouts and it's somewhat addictive for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it has I don't use it, but I think Strava has a feature where people can follow you, which is a good idea a woman going for a run by yourself or by ride by yourself, you know, just so people can keep an eye on at least know where you last were.
Speaker 5: But you had to grant Sandy access to see what you do on it, right, No, I think I just have a public profile.
Speaker 4: I think you can do it to where it's you know, you have to request to follow, But I just have a public thing.
Speaker 1: And then you could get all kinds of they've gamified everything, like you get rewards and you can yeah, a local legend and all kinds.
Speaker 4: Of Yeah, koms and qoms are a big deal. King of the Mountain and Queen of the Mountain. So fastest up these they make all these different segments and and you can look at your ranking by gender, age, everything different segments, and yeah, some people go crazy with it. It's what's funny is when people get so addicted to using Strava, Like if for whatever reason they can't put it on Strava, like oh my phone's dead or they don't even want to work out that's me.
Speaker 5: He immediately checks it when he's done, and he's like, who hasn't loaded yet? Isn't it loaded. I was like, did you not do it if it's not on Strava. He's like, that's what it feels like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if it's not on Strava, it doesn't count exactly.
Speaker 1: That's how I feel, and I get kind of mad. I had one last week that didn't never showed up on Strava. I'm like, damn it, that's going to hurt my numbers, my goals for the week. Right, It's fine when you get the year end averages and stuff like that. That's what I can't. Yeah, that's pretty cool. Hey, this weekend is e Or's birthday party at Peace Park, so there's a lot of new people that have moved to Austin that maybe have never experienced e ors Or, of course, the donkey from Winnie the Pooh, And it's his.
Speaker 4: Sixtieth this year, I believe, is that right? Yeah, it's the sixtieth. It's not his sixtieth birthday, it's the sixtieth party party anniversary of this party.
Speaker 1: Right, and it's at Peace Park and it's the adorable donkey e Or. And it is a faux week show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're new to Austin, it's easy to go, oh, we've got two little toddlers. We should go down to yours birthday. That'll be cute.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: It is very much a grown up his pippy fist. It is not for the children.
Speaker 5: Also, just so you know, the city announced that from now and on the weekends you have to pay the park at Peace Park because of the high demand, not just for ears birthday this weekend, but every weekend from now on.
Speaker 4: Man, is there any place left that's free parking? I mean, they've turned everything into paid parking, haven't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have.
Speaker 1: I've always thought it'd be funny, and I've never worked up the courage to do it. Go to get put on a coat and tie and go to e Or's birthday and just kind of walk around and maybe take a recorder and talk to people, because there's no one more out of place right at Eors than somebody in a coat and tie. You just people would be looking at you like there's really something wrong with you, while completely ignoring the guy, the completely naked guy with a hot dog up his butt, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Just you would be the weird one in the You.
Speaker 5: Would interview that guy with the hot dog up his bet and never ask him about the hot Dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if you've never been, you know, bring or take any extracurricular fun stuff that will put you in that state of mind. If you don't own a drum, you can bring a home depot bucket yep, and get by just the same joined the drum circles.
Speaker 1: And if you're thinking about painting yourself silver, that's already taken. There's the silver Man that's always at Peace Park for you Or's birthday. So just like I mean, I'm just thinking about some new someone that just moved here last year, the Living Round Rock, and they saw that ors birthday parties at Peace Park and they got an eight year old and a six year old. Go let anything we missed the kite festival. So let's go to e Ors' birthday party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not that.
Speaker 4: There will be nudity, oh yeah, exactly, male and female news. It's the thing there and and it's just one of those days of the year where the police just kind of turn a blind eye to what's happened.
Speaker 5: They just keep them all kind of corralled in that one area and just let them do what they do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just plus, don't hurt anybody, fly your freak flag proudly at eors this weekend. Coming up on the show today, Stephen Presley is going to join us from a thunder Pop TV.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's gonna talk about the Breakfast Club reunion and what that was all about. Up in Chicago. Also, there's a really weird movie being made. I think it's weird about a store that's been closed for years and although maybe this is the first step in bringing it back, he's got it for us. H And also the CEO of Netflix making really really big claims about the importance of Netflix. So that's coming up just a little bit. Up next, Tricia's going to report the news with the story we Love.
Speaker 3: What do you have?
Speaker 2: All Right?
Speaker 5: There's something under construction in Austin that is going to take a top title in the city of Austin, but it's also going to take the top title in Texas already is.
Speaker 1: And for those of you listening to us on the iHeartRadio app, make sure you tap that follow button and allow your notifications. It's Austin's eighty station one oh three point one. Trisia's got the story we Love in just a second. Can you guys help me to remember something to tell everybody about Tricia. I was not hiding it from Tricia, but Tricia found something of mine that required some explanation, and it's it was very difficult to explain. I'm talking about that little coin thing that you found, Tricia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, what is this?
Speaker 3: Very very weird.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that a little bit later on, Okay, so stick around the stories we love.
Speaker 3: From the elect Whole studios. The one the only pusha.
Speaker 5: So, one of Austin's under construction skyscrapers is about to become the tallest building in this city.
Speaker 2: It's the Waterline Tower downtown. I know you know which one that is, right, JB.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's like in Rainy Area. Yeah, it's I've been watching it go up. It's so wild because there's I live in Traus Heights and I mean there are a lot of people in that neighborhood, and a lot of neighborhoods who did not have a downtown view before, but now they do because it's just grown up. Yeah, there's a lot of people that have downtown views and never had it. Like I'll give you another example. I was on Lake Austin last week and I you know, it was kind of sunset, and I was looking towards downtown, you know, like the long orange not the long worn dam, the dam by Hula Hut, and you could see all these buildings, all these these buildings downtown that you could you didn't see anything ten years ago. Yeah, it's very weird. But yeah, that's going to be the tallest in Texas.
Speaker 5: It's going to be the tallest in Austin. It's going to be seventy four stories high. Right now, the tallest when it is the building at sixth and Guadaloupe that's currently sixty six stories high. And then eventually, when it's finished, they're saying it will be the tallest building in Texas.
Speaker 3: These are residential. Are the people the office buildings? Or do them?
Speaker 2: I'm actually I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: I have no idea if it's it's residential or commercial. I believe it's part residential. There might be some commercial in it as well. But yeah, it's going to be the tallest in That would be.
Speaker 4: So bizarre to be up that high, Like I know, people do it all the time all over the world. I have forever, I've never lived in a high rise, have either of youew.
Speaker 1: No, no, And I never would want to. I just my idea of living is not in a box in the sky. I mean, it's just I just the hassle that comes with it. I just it's not for me. It's I get it. Some people love it. But taking an elevator thirty forty fifty stories up in the air, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And I forget stuff in my car all the.
Speaker 1: Time, going back and yeah, and bringing in groceries and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: And when they're really tall, they say that you can feel I'm kind of shifting in the wind.
Speaker 2: If it's a big wind, would freak me out.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't want it. And where is this in on Rainy Street? Basically?
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty much on Rainy Street? What is it right at?
Speaker 2: Where is it?
Speaker 3: Well, you're the reporter.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm trying. I'm trying to see what the address.
Speaker 3: So that's how they do it in the big time.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm not big time. That's why I'm here. Where Let me look it up the waterline?
Speaker 4: How I think it's I think it's sot for rainy huh.
Speaker 3: JB.
Speaker 1: You pointed out a view once of Austin that looked like Miami's Avenue Bridge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're at the on the Congress Bridge facing down river, which is where everybody does the bat viewing, right, there used to be no buildings there, right, There was nothing. There were little little houses on Rainy and there's the Mexican American American Heritage Center over there and there's a rowing center and there was nothing. Now when you look at it, those those buildings are all just jammed in there, and it's like, am I looking at Miami here? Like it doesn't look like Austin at all.
Speaker 3: It is bizarre.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's at the corner of Red River and Caesar Shabez, right across from the Convention Center, and it's mixed. The first twenty six floors office. Everything above that residential looks really nice.
Speaker 3: JB.
Speaker 1: You mentioned something you mentioned you were on like Austin last week, and when the moment you said that, I had a flashback to you and I in like nineteen ninety seven. And a lot of people will find this really really hard to believe, but it's one hundred percent true. Jab and I would be on Lake Austin three or four days a week and never see another boat. Yeah, yeah, and never see and I mean we were there at like eleven.
Speaker 4: We'd go after we got off the here, we'd go early.
Speaker 1: But still, yeah, there's still we would go up and down the lake and not see another. We had the whole lake to ourselves. Boy, we thought we were hot stuff too. Oh God, did we think we were cool? And we kind of were. That was back when the cigar craze was going on and all that.
Speaker 2: And may I just spoke your cigars on the boat?
Speaker 3: God? Yeah cool.
Speaker 1: I mean we had a case cooler full of cold beer and some cigars and we're just cruising on the lake going.
Speaker 3: I wonder what.
Speaker 1: I wonder what traffic's like on Mopak right now, to sit on the lake the good old days.
Speaker 3: That's it. The information you.
Speaker 2: Got there at Tricia, That's what I got.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Stick around because our buddy Stephen Presley from at thunder Pop TV joins us.
Speaker 3: Next.
Speaker 1: There is a movie Steven said has been green lit, and when you find out what it is, it's about a business that's been closed forever, you're gonna be a little bit surprised. Also, he's gonna tell us about the Breakfast Club reunion from the movie that happened in Chicago recently, so stay with us that and more coming up. Boostin's eighties station one oh three point one. April is such a great month that it starts with a joke. Who doesn't love that? Hey, it's sandy and you know what else? I love my friend Scott and Stacey Feller and their team at Kingar Roof. They're great people who take care of all of my roofing needs and they've done it for years. Trust me, you want good people when it comes to working on your roof in Scott and Stacy they've earned their reputation for honesty, integrity, and quality craftsmanship. Great people. They give back to the community, even if they don't like me talking about it. Trust me, I like to brag on them. They don't like it when I do. Kangaroof has been serving Central Texas families for twenty five years. Their teams are incredibly professional and they always stand behind their work no matter what kind of crazy weather Central Texas throws our way. That's just part of the reason that Kangaroof has so many five star reviews from so many satisfied customers. So give Scott and Stacy a call. They'll hop to it. You'll see for yourself why Kangaroof is the best roofing company in town. Find them online at call kangaroof dot com. It's the JV and Sandy Show on Austin's eighties station what O three point one. Hey, if you want to win one thousand dollars, be listening at nine o'clock.
Speaker 3: That's your first chance today.
Speaker 1: It's coming up at nine on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one. JD have you ever had something that your wife you weren't hiding it, or maybe you were hiding it and your wife found it and she asked you what it is and it's really difficult to explain, and it's and it's it's kind of the reason that you never flip through someone's phone, you know, because stuff in that Tricia found some I wasn't hiding. It was sitting on my nightstand. And it's a little ball marker okay for golf, And it's a custom ball maker.
Speaker 3: My friend Rich had it made and.
Speaker 1: It's got I don't know how to I can't say it on the radio what it says on it, but it's dirt. It's dirty, right, I mean, it's it's dirty and it's dirty, and.
Speaker 3: Chris was like, huh, what is this?
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: And I was like, it's like it's like a merit badge. The equivalent of a merit badge is a strip club, right, you know, the Eagle Scout badges or whatever.
Speaker 6: It's like, you go to strip club, we got a little for you. Oh, today's your thirty days streak, here's your visit. I mean, it's a pretty big coin.
Speaker 5: It's a big brig what I thought a golf ball marker was.
Speaker 2: But it's front and back.
Speaker 5: And it's got this weird writing on it has something to do with clowns, which is weird anyway.
Speaker 2: And it's dirty, and it's.
Speaker 1: Stamped, you know, like you stay up metal the letters on it, and it's custom made, and it's just one of those things that, like I think it happens in every relationship.
Speaker 3: It was like, it's just too much explaining, Yeah to me.
Speaker 2: I kicked it up and I held it up and I go, what is this. She's like, it's too long of a story. You can't explain it. It's too long that story you wouldn't understand, wouldn't understand.
Speaker 3: Those right, And you let it go, and I was impressed you just let it go. You didn't just keep pushing like what is it?
Speaker 4: Who is it?
Speaker 3: You're just like whatever, dude, Let a dude be a dude.
Speaker 2: Right, You got real wound up about it as all.
Speaker 1: Well, if you knew the whole story behind it, you would say that I hang out with disgusting people.
Speaker 5: I already know that you do that based on other stories that I've heard you tell about your friends, but that in your defense for that, they're all hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're all funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just it's one of those things that, like I've always said, don't ever flip through my phone, like my photos, my text messages, because there's so much stuff in there that is absolutely harmless.
Speaker 4: But taken out of context exactly exact.
Speaker 2: I learned that early on.
Speaker 5: I feel like I learned that back when you and JB were originally on the air here in Austin, and I would be sitting there with you and you'd be like, oh, okay, I got to look this up for something we're going to talk about, and it was something super weird and random.
Speaker 4: Oh our searches while we're on the radio.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or when y'all were prepping, like if you all were talking after the show, Okay, well I'll get a picture, I'll look this up or something.
Speaker 2: I feel it was always weird, something weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like never go through a guy's Google searches. Yeah, go to the are there YouTube history or anything like that. It's just your just asking for trouble if you still That's why I always I don't snoop.
Speaker 3: I know you don't snoop either. Tricia doesn't snoop on me.
Speaker 1: I snoop because you don't want to find something you don't want to know, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean snoop.
Speaker 5: You're going to find something, right, And I don't feel like dealing with that.
Speaker 1: Although I do know that Trisha's got a secret cash hide somewhere in the house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that cash stash.
Speaker 2: I do have a casht.
Speaker 4: To grab it and go and run.
Speaker 5: And I also have a secret compartment in my wallet. But there's always a one hundred dollars bill, in which I love the security of knowing there's a one hundred dollars I don't care how old you are. One hundred dollar bill is always cool. So is it fifty dollars bill?
Speaker 3: What? What? Trouble.
Speaker 1: Could you get into that a hundred dollars could fix?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: What if I see some amazing shoes, I have to have HU short on it. Or what if I go to some fabulous something in their cash only.
Speaker 1: Jamie, do you have a stash at home, like a just in case stash?
Speaker 4: I don't now not. Yeah, well you're more of a doomsday prepper though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, and someday I will probably have.
Speaker 4: One of those. They I saw the cellam at Costco. It's like a buck a bucket that you can live off of for like days.
Speaker 3: I need to order one. I don't have one.
Speaker 4: It's like a survival bucket with this food and stuff.
Speaker 3: And now they're advertising it's in my algorithm.
Speaker 1: Now that now I see this medical emergency kit at home and it's got like medicines that you would need. You know, you have to talk to a doctor online and then they send you this box that's full of like antibiotics and iodine and.
Speaker 3: Things like that.
Speaker 2: What you got to get that?
Speaker 5: Because those things were like gold and the Walking dead Man. Those people would kill you for stuff like that. You need to order a bunch of those. We can have those look, I feel really doomsday.
Speaker 2: Doomsday. But it didn't happen until I watched The Walking Dead.
Speaker 3: They had that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: Oh, they would scour abandoned pharmacies and grocery stores for antibiotics and medicine and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: It was a big deal and they hit the jackpot.
Speaker 1: And you know who's schlepping it on TV doing the commercials for this This guy, he doesn't care anymore. He doesn't care. He's like made his money. He'll sling anything. Doctor Drew. Doctor, Yes, he is slinging this on TV. He used to be a pretty well somewhat respect pretty reputable Yeah. Yeah, but Doctor Drew's track record with addicts is not great on television. Remember when he used to treat addicts. They all had troubles after Doctor Drew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know that he was.
Speaker 4: A pop culture psychologist. Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: It was like a Phil McGrath.
Speaker 3: But he's a real doctor, right, I.
Speaker 2: Mean they both are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but then they got a little strayed from the path and turned it more, got more Hollywood than doctor don't you think.
Speaker 3: Then he used to then Doctor Drew used to do the radio sow love lines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I could call in tell us your relationship problems and they would fix it for you. So anyway, anyway, Hey, if you're just joining us, you've missed a bunch of the show, including our chat with Stephen Presley from a thunder Pop TV. Tricia talking about the new building going up in Austin. That's going to be the tallest building in Austin. Did you mention about Round Rock and New Bronfles, Tricia.
Speaker 5: No, we didn't talk about that at the list of the top one hundred best cities to live in, eight of them are in Texas, and two of them are Central Texas.
Speaker 2: One is New Bronfles and one is round Rock.
Speaker 3: New Broncos is awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, New Bromfles is really really booming rock you guys, guys, no.
Speaker 4: Love for Round Rock? Do you going on and on about.
Speaker 2: There all the time?
Speaker 1: Only go to Round Rock when I want to go to Twin Peaks, I mean the only time I go to Round Rock. But there was something, Oh, can you I noticed this. I was driving back from San Antonio a few weeks ago, and when you go through New Bronfles, is it weird to you guys? That canyon High School is just right there off of I thirty.
Speaker 4: Five to the highway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's strange, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 1: So anyway, too fast growing cities at my point where I was going with all this, If you just join us, grab the podcast version of the show on the iHeartRadio app and we'll do it again from seven until eight on Monday.
Speaker 3: This is Austin's eighties station, what O three point