Speaker 1: Alright ready, I'm Marty. Can't hear ship? All right, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Speaking of can't hear ship, we are back for the final episode of Jeff Jefs bizarre adventure Diamond Is Unbreakable. We have three episodes to recap today. Perhaps some would say many people are telling me they are the three best episodes of this season. I am joined as always by John aka Stuperator Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic to be here.
Speaker 2: How are you doing? Glad, You're glad, You're happy to be here. We're also joined by a very comfy looking Lucy James Games.
Speaker 3: I am really comfy, and I mean, I know this is not a visual podcast, but in so coin gifted Tam and I the new Stray collection and as the owner of an orange cat, looks like I'm just wrapping much of my own cat, which is great.
Speaker 2: I need to start wearing my sweater that has my own cat on it, which I call time.
Speaker 3: Got me one with my cat's on it too, which I do wear this Grapeys, peanut butter and jelly time on it.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah.
Speaker 2: We're also joined by the one and only Jeff Bakalaw, who's looking healthy. He's looking happy. His skin is glistening. You know, he's he seems very very energized today. How are you doing, Jeff Bachalat everyone loves you. How are you today?
Speaker 1: Wow? I don't know how to hop.
Speaker 4: You really did see that coming.
Speaker 1: It's too good to be true. I wasn't it. Folks. I think you do look great, fair like this said little bit. I am great.
Speaker 2: Your skin does look good. I was going to ask you the other day, like, how are you How are you keeping your skin looking so good? Consider? Yeah, no, no joke, because you're out a lot as well, like you're in like fucking I guess hockey doesn't count. You're probably inside.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, it's a very I'm an indoor sport.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes I don't know. For some reason, I always imagine you're playing sports outside, like in directionline, like why doesn't this man look like a baseball glove?
Speaker 1: That's no. I look, I'm not allowed out. Everyone knows this. I am. I am like dio, I'm a vampire.
Speaker 4: He hell yeah, I mean hey, look at me, look it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A friend of.
Speaker 3: Mine is currently in Australia and she sent me this picture of her and three friends and she was like, hah, look who's the person in San Francisco who stays inside all the time? And I was like, I love you, you look healthy. All I see on the other three is skin damage. And she's like, okay, fair, it's true, it's true.
Speaker 1: Put on the sunscreen. Kids.
Speaker 3: Genuinely, I think that I genuinely chalk up the reason that I my skin is so good and that I am touch word, you know, looking good as I'm aging into my thirties is because I don't go outside. Yeah, a lot of that also, skin fucking thing you could have, like my isn't it always?
Speaker 1: It's always cloudy where you are in Ireland? Right, it's a very sad country. It's a sad, gloomy gray country. Right.
Speaker 2: I love Ireland. Island is going Okayland.
Speaker 1: I love it here.
Speaker 5: I think Ireland's a great country. But yeah, it's it's it's gloomy and ship here. The people and the weather.
Speaker 1: I'd like it there. Yeah, speaking, why don't you I really want to want to?
Speaker 2: Yes, I I want to hang out in Ireland. I go outside a lot and you can see on my face the damage is clear. I have like suns let us no No son supports but I'm clearly weathering too much time. Let's begin with the first of these three episodes, Crazy diamond Is Unbreakable Part one.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: We're reaching the climax of this arc, and the entire Diamonds Unbreakable story is once again reading these recaps from jojo wiki dot com. Thank you for maintaining it. The future may be a little more detail, you know, but I appreciate it regardless. It is eight twenty nine nine a m. Which means we are on the cusp of Rohan Kishbe bite in the dust. Okay in around the corner, he's waiting on his car looking like a cool guy. Up against the car around the corner though, is Kira and his fake son Hyato. They've got a real, real mad scenario going on here, where Hyato is trying to lure him into ex supposing himself so he can use straight clap and not darkdown. I expose himself is just like step out from behind the lamp post, not get his bits out, and he wants to in that moment use stray cat the Piranha plant thing to fire off like an air bomb. Uh not air bomb like an a era.
Speaker 4: I thought you said ear at first, and I was like, what.
Speaker 2: Oh God, so he can kill him. So basically Kira is like this kind of is nothing to me, It's useless, but he does recognize that Hyatto is like planning ahead now, so he realizes that having like rewinded time three times, he's now trying to figure his way out of it, but is very like scheming.
Speaker 3: Kind to me, this kind of felt like it came out of nowhere about it.
Speaker 2: He had a lot of insight for someone who doesn't really seem to be paying a lot of attention to what's.
Speaker 1: Going right all of a sudden, I'm an expert, don't listen to me.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe it's not muscles in those legs, it's brains.
Speaker 2: Mmmmm.
Speaker 1: I don't know, especially not being able to see any of this shit either. M right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of crazy, like he's his confidence is I mean, I guess he's he's like he's being daring and I.
Speaker 5: Think I think it's the it's the all you need is kill effects where you just get really good.
Speaker 1: At a day.
Speaker 2: Hmm, yeah, I guess. So. Yeah, I could see that, like he's he's pumped up on adrenaline and he's going to perform a miracle is what he's trying to do.
Speaker 4: How old is he's like eight, eleven eleven and he's a weird looking eleven year old, Like he kind of looks like I don't be like seven.
Speaker 1: I agree, he is weird looking, like Bobby Hill is eleven.
Speaker 4: But yeah, Bobby Hill is eleven though, Like you just look at Bobby Hill.
Speaker 1: The Hill it's it's.
Speaker 3: But like Hyato's haircut, it's giving, like country music star, it's giving.
Speaker 4: Billy Ray Cyrus, it's giving. Who's the guy who's married? Who's the guy who's married to Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban? That guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he looks like if there was an anime version of Jackass, he would be in it.
Speaker 3: I watched the Jackass Giant Hand thing again yesterday.
Speaker 4: The greatest skit ever put to a film.
Speaker 1: It's very good. The wrestlem wait no, they had a giant hand at WrestleMania like three years ago.
Speaker 2: It's probably the same hand, the same hand.
Speaker 5: They slapped a wrestler with it and then they beat him by trapping him in a giant mouse trap. Yeah, thats from just Match. I mean, let's be honest, Wrestling is jackass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I mean there's very compel.
Speaker 2: On on a main event.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a crossover for a while, there's been, there's been a couple. Yeah, I CP you were wrestlers for a little bit.
Speaker 2: Possibly Hell yeah, well.
Speaker 1: Homies mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Kira is arrogant at this point. He is, as he said, he believes. He describes himself as invincible because of his new evolved stand powers where he can manipulate time and etcetera, etcetera. So he's he's basically assuming that he's won, and he's talking about how lucky he is and how when the Yoshikaga Kira era, and he's getting all up in his own confidence. Ioto. Meanwhile, when he says that you know, he luckies on the side of Yoshikaya, Kirakyato reveals his is Uh, reveals his hand and says that he was basically waiting for Kira to say his own name, and he implemented a backup plan so that he wouldn't have to tell anyone that the man was Yoshikaga Kira. Instead, he made a phone call earlier.
Speaker 3: So when the the person who calls about the wrong number, I guess he took advantage of the fact that his parents were talking about the tea, and he.
Speaker 4: Like quickly hung up and he just I guess he just like rang Joe's ka, but like just to have his number. He said, he looked him up.
Speaker 1: That that that's what you're hung up on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he looked him up, and he just like trying rang the phone a few times to make sure that he didn't oversleep.
Speaker 2: I tried to think back if there was a moment where like someone on the Joe Joe Start team tried calling them and if it like aligns, if it was like a continue you think, but it isn't.
Speaker 3: But I guess this is the nineties. You could just it was ninety nine, so I remember calling you know, one.
Speaker 4: One one eight.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm sure we did one for one to hide your phone bubbles.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, the the Mario phone book. You know, everyone knows that.
Speaker 2: I guess he did it. Well, he didn't show us that he was doing so he was on the phone.
Speaker 1: That was what the thing is that you Jeff, Yeah, no, I'm I believe all of this because this show is insane and if you're gonna get hung up on this, you're out of your goddamn mind. That's what I've been saying. Yeah, just when your disbelief once in a while, it'll it'll help you, you know. H happy to do it.
Speaker 3: It's so fucked in the show that I could have had a thirty minute long conversation with Joe.
Speaker 5: Said that is any time when you adopted my just time is weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So he makes a phone call to someone earlier in the day and then cut to this moment where Kira is talking about how he's the greatest and like, haha, I got you. He Kira realizes what's happened when he sees behind him Joe Ska is waiting there. Following up on this conversation, how did Joe's g oh, I guess he just woke him up with the head Yeah, yeah, okay, because he was.
Speaker 4: He overslept and that's why he missed it last time to wake him up.
Speaker 5: But Jos's plan was to come here, and in the original timeline he overslept and get here, but now that he's woken up, he was already going here like that was his plan. So we're all good, air tight, air tight storytelling as per usual.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no one is arguing this right is.
Speaker 2: All This is the most like fucking sand castle ass House of Cards, diosex market ever.
Speaker 1: Just healthy, found.
Speaker 5: Incorrect sometimes found where my life begins and Jojo ends it's so yeah.
Speaker 2: Joska obviously has heard everything because Kira earlier pronounced that luck was on Yoshi. Kira's side, he basically like dubbed himself in by giving his full name address loudly in public, and then he he he's forced basically to uh hide is it hide Bites the Dust and then called Killer Queen. And when Killer Queen appears, that's when j is like, oh Ship, this is a stand user, go, this must be Yochicaga Kira. And then Hiato quickly turns sees the time and looks out Rohan anticipating his death, and Rohan makes it like a pained face and then says, some water didn't went down my back and it's cold.
Speaker 1: Hmmmmm.
Speaker 4: That that got me.
Speaker 3: I genuinely was like, oh ship, that was a good fake out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So effectively, what we Hiato and we learn is Hiato has managed to break Bites Bite the Bite the Dust's curse and defy destiny.
Speaker 5: I would say maybe been like a little bit more explicit with what was happening there, because I get that bite like summoning.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 5: By summoning Killer Queen bite, the dust is deactivated.
Speaker 1: But they don't ever really say it, did they? No, no, no, But he doesn't he say, He's like, I gotta pull his back, I gotta turn it off. He definitely says it does.
Speaker 2: He says it, but it's very quick in the moment and the the like, there's no clarity in that explaining that Killer Queen can't be in two places at once and bites that requires him to be actively involved in using it. So I think that I think they're going a bit too fast and just hoping that people read between the lines and figure it out, which I don't know a lot of people are going to do that. So thus begins a battle between Joe ske and Okaos is also there, and yeah, Okaos is there, and everyone's like, you suck you did all this, and then ok from behind goes, yeah you also killed Shigachi.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's right there, like brought that guy back up.
Speaker 2: Everyone's like, who the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 4: Who is that? That's the harvest kid?
Speaker 2: Yeah, annoying. Yeah, rough Wigham, Yeah, I don't know why anyone likes that character. It's like shitty through and through. And then Kira is basically talking about how he didn't want any of this. He just wanted a peaceful life in which he can kill women for their hands every now and then.
Speaker 1: It's back on that ship again. Sorry, Kira, that's a story. It's getting harder and harder to believe, but.
Speaker 2: It's it's got severe stop hitting yourself energy, which is is like, oh no, you're doing this bad thing to yourself, but actually he's holding the arm punching that person in the face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so insane. I wanted it a peaceful life, and I have to murder to get this. It's like, okay, it was cool. I John, when you first talked about how cool you thought that was? Right, you did you saw you said like, oh, there's never been like a villain who's like hell bent on peace, right, Like that's he's just he's just like, I just want a normal life. He's like intimidated by his boss, right, Like he he's just oh, just normal men, I get it. I'm there with you. But him pulling the ship in like the eleventh hour, it just lands a little less important in my viewing, where it's just like I don't know, oh I just because he hadn't mentioned it in a while, it doesn't really seem to be No, not the handship we are handship plays. The handship plays that is absolutely part of his m We know he needs to fuck these female hands normally, we get it. Yeah, his normal life ship. No, your point, what do you talk about? I'm just saying he like doesn't bring it up that much, and bringing it up again now at the finale where he's like.
Speaker 5: He said it com Everything he does is dedicated to this. He is in a family, Like, yeah, he's not cackling from atop a tower. He's stolen a man's face and just raising his son because he's so badly wants to hide in plain sight.
Speaker 1: Right like the lengths. But like there's something paradoxical about that. Yeah, that's what makes him so interesting. Sure, I think I'm there with you.
Speaker 2: The cat and mouse like pursuit between the Joe Star group and and Kira escalated to the point where that original intent that Kira had was pretty lost. You know, I think sometimes when you're watching Tom and Jerry. You forget why Tom and Jerry are fighting, busy watching them and then you remember, oh yeah, one's a cat wants a mouse, that's why.
Speaker 1: That's all John does that make sense? I complete must agree on the one side of his mouth, he's saying, I'm doing this to seek a peaceful life John and the other.
Speaker 5: But like, you don't need a character to look down the lens and exposit their reasons for doing their actions if their actions are consistent with their beliefs, Like Shakira says, he wants a quiet life and everything he does is in services. That excepts killing women and taking their hands, because that's his impulse. That is the paradox he is. That is his struggle, that's his conf If he's just a serial killer, that's boring. If he's just a quiet dude, that's boring. Kira is amazing because he's both those things.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I also feel like it's a good This was a good moment to remind people as well, because it's like the escalation also a culmination of all this kind of stuff where it was like a very dexter moment where you remember that this is a dude trying to present himself as being very normal and moral, but having the most skewed morality and understanding of normality and what people should be able to do to enshrine and maintain it. And I think I feel like he is a very dexter ish character.
Speaker 5: Another thing I love about him, Like it's being normal and like being particular. It's not just something he does as a disguise. He genuinely loves just having like his comfy little life and his chicken sand and his over easy eggs. Like this is all shit that like he's into. And I think that weird, Like that weird passion for like mundaneity, coupled with his love of fucking blowing people up, is like I I I love this character. I think he's so fascinating.
Speaker 1: I like his fit. He does look really good. I love his tie. I want his it's so good. I want that skull tie. Yeah, it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: So he's talking about how he just wants a peaceful life and that kind of stuff, and then we have a confrontation between Crazy Diamond and Killer Queen, and Crazy Diamond kind of takes the upper hand here. Killer Queen tries to touch Joe's kare though, and then Okoyasu appears again, steps in and he uses the hand and redirects the grab attack, which uh. And then when he redirects the grab attack, it ends up blowing him up a bit. Which one thing I feel like, of all the stand powers in the entire show so far, my favorite is the hand. I also feel like it's the most poorly used utilized. I think that power is so fucking cool. It's awesome removing it's just belongs to time in space. Yeah, my beloved idiot, feel like you are extremely muted.
Speaker 1: Could it could have been like the the the salve for a lot of their predicaments?
Speaker 2: Yes. I feel like it's so powerful that they had to push out of like the spotlight.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Otherwise the entire show crumble.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He disappeared the last couple episodes. If you're paying attention, like he's barely been there. Yeah. I would love more O this this, You know what.
Speaker 5: I would have loved an Okayasu episode just to dage the life of Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would have loved for them, like Joe Ski and ok to realize that they have two stand powers that are basically perfect for each other. Yep, Like if they had teamed up like any sort of like close quarters combat thing. You can remove the distance between them, put whoever they're fighting right next to Crazy Diamond and get the ship being out of them, or he could remove the distance between them and someone that they want to help and have Crazy Diamond help them. I feel like they he created a really good character and they went, yeah, this is too good, let's get rid of him, and just pushed him, shoved him into a closet.
Speaker 1: I think the balance is the joke is really stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess that that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's a dumb bitch.
Speaker 2: But I don't like how he was used. I also also think like the Hand is a great name for a stand. I prefer to like Crazy Diamond or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I have a Okayasu and the Hand super action statue. So good good.
Speaker 2: He also does the same motion as good sound, good sound, but his motion is the same animation as m Bison in Oh Yeah is his painting defense as they call it when they spamish. So every time I see him like yeah Ambison attack, that's cool. Doesn't get used at all though, So basically has his side blown off because Kira has Kira has moved or Stray Cat has moved into Killer Queen's belly.
Speaker 1: Now he did like a crying thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's craned it up.
Speaker 1: So this is the point to be that stray Cat becomes kind of cool. Yes, it's agreed modular. Yeah, and I love how and I love how Killer Queen's is like hello and just like raises the bet you didn't see this one just.
Speaker 2: Coincidentally happened to have a unique, you know, a little shelving unit in his stomach.
Speaker 1: Is that what's going on there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What's going on?
Speaker 1: They have a little like you know, appliance garage in there. Is that what's happening in my belly?
Speaker 2: These era consoles where you have to you can plug like little cartridges into them. Yeah. So now that straight Cat is in Killer Queen's belly, it can basically infinitely shoot these invisible remote bombs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're collaborating.
Speaker 2: It's nice to see the collaborating like Joek and Okay you should have but didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these two just basically there's a little a little man. Is that what you call them, Jeff?
Speaker 2: Little man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ones like you're you know, your your little guy, your your guy, your little guy, you little guy, Yeah, your ghost friend.
Speaker 2: Uh so when that when his size is blown off, Jotoo lets out a harrowing scream and meanwhile, just like, aw, sorry Joe, Kate, let's have a how how arrowing scream?
Speaker 1: He just blow a chunk off him? Man, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: And Rohan are like, what's that sound? Anyways? Moving on?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Like I think it's the dumbest ship possible that they basically stand rooted in one position. They Minute says, I thought the rain sounded like Joe yes.
Speaker 1: Insane inside is so wild, literally could didn't even move his arms. Was just sort of like, oh for a second, stay with me here. The sound of rain also sounded like a scream. Come on that scream? Yeah, Joe very the person we all know joke of that? Isn't there that that's someone someone screams and the Simpsons and.
Speaker 4: Oh it's it's Flanders sounding.
Speaker 2: Like women's right, woman's screen. Isn't that? Isn't that from Yes.
Speaker 4: It is head screaming.
Speaker 3: No, it's Flanders, but it's also it's very Prince of Tides where it's like and every time I go over the bridge, I hear the wind call low and.
Speaker 4: Steen Low and Steen.
Speaker 1: That's not one person there. Yeah, no, sure, I'm sure there's people out there. Koachis standing right next to jodro You sure you don't want to check that out, because like he's the guy we're looking for.
Speaker 5: Its little Koichi couldn't put that much together a hundred believe, I think.
Speaker 4: For three episodes.
Speaker 3: The fact that they were just fucking around the corner and just did nothing.
Speaker 1: Standing with their arms folded, their arms folded on the corner with a bunch of assholes.
Speaker 4: That's a lazy person kind of get it.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: I would also just be like, you know, I just like if we were all in a stand battle and we were dying, and you didn't have one hundred percent confirmation that's happening, you just.
Speaker 4: Oh, I wouldn't be involved in Well now look at me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh great, now we know where you stand.
Speaker 2: Well I'd be sitting. Yeah, got your stand from yesterday is even existing?
Speaker 5: Oh what did I Does that not eliminate your your problem, Lucy, that you'd have a ghost friend to fight for you.
Speaker 2: I feel like it would be meant to say when the girlsfriend gets hit, it hurts her, Yeah, and they just fall asleep. That's is just crazy thing.
Speaker 3: Where it's like if my cool cool, Yeah, I've got this great gamer stand.
Speaker 4: My actual stand.
Speaker 3: Would be, oh, this is a sleepy bitch. Like my stand would be to put other people to sleep.
Speaker 6: Face sleepy bitch, bitch. Bitch.
Speaker 3: She's she's wearing like a wee willie winky nightgown and with the cap and it has a little candle on a flight.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Done.
Speaker 2: I just think it's absolutely crazy that they do not move a sentimeter. They just standing onced in the rain, like just hearing things around them, not looking for their friend. You know, they're looking for a serial killer and their friend is very late. I would be like, hmmm, I wonder if connection be made here anyway.
Speaker 1: They don't hate her, like we're getting ahead of ourselves.
Speaker 5: Like even later when they actually see the scene, it just takes them like a minute too long to put.
Speaker 1: Everything to realize we'll get off, we'll get there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So Joe just Gi meanwhile is going up against Kira and he's starting to understand what's going on with this air bomb. He's a little all like on tilt because has been severely damaged, and so he's trying desperately to get to him so he can use Crazy Diamond to reverse the damage, but also realizes that he needs to focus on Kira, who's launching invisible bombs at him. He figures out that the bombs have a short range that they need to go beyond to for Kira to not avoid getting caught caught in the blast, so he does a clever thing where when the bomb is seemingly launched, he rushes at it and and hopes that he can get past it because he assumes that it won't be active in the range close to Kira, which works out for him, and he like punches him. I think he punches him. I just like pushes him back and then runs to Okaasu to start healing him. But Hyatto jumps in and is like, don't touch him. He might have been turned into a bomb. That's the kind of thing my ship dad would do.
Speaker 1: I think. I think I like this bit. I think it's real fun drama. It's cool. No, this whole thing plays out really well. Just again, little kid knows way too much, already out smarting everyone around him.
Speaker 3: We also hang on this kid's like a little hacker boy, isn't it like, Hey, you know he was. He was smart enough to start filming to have evidence, Like in the VAT scene, he was like, you know, there'll be evidence behind me, you.
Speaker 1: Know, pervert, give him that.
Speaker 2: I think he's a pervert. Like he's just putting cameras everywhere and following people around the cameras.
Speaker 5: Like, okay, so here's what it is, tim I'd say, if you extend the premiere timeline either backwards or forwards, Hyato is a total little creep. But we're just getting this section of his life where he's like a hero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly. I feel like this is the moment where like his life took a turn where if he carried on his normal path when nothing happens, he would have been an insel pervert. But because something meaningful happens in his life, he's figured out, you know, oh, I can use the skills for good not evil.
Speaker 5: Like I would imagine the post credit scene is him kind of being like and narrative, going back to filming my mom and everyone being.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, what what the fuck work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Joskia is in So Hyato is like I know him, I've lived with him. He's been terrorizing me for ages. This is the kind of thing he would do. He would turn him into a bomb because he knows you definitely want to help him. So Joska has to decide whether he's gonna touch him, touch suck, touch himself, touch okay, we know what you mean, touch oksu heal him, but destroy himself because the bomb will go off, or rush at Kira to fight him. And in the middle of making this decision, Hyatto, he's completely off his pervert arc and in a hero arc, decide to step in and, figuring that Kira can only set off one bomb at a time, jumps on, jumps up to touch, sets the bomb off and explodes, disintegrates, and I was like, thank god, I'm glad he's gone. And then in that moment, Joe's k quickly puts his hand on like a chunk of highato that's like in the.
Speaker 1: Air, little higato ward, Yeah, little little pack there.
Speaker 2: Like the highato donna that is like soaring through the air, and reverses it to put him back together, which is a crazy abillity. He can like reconstitute human bodies.
Speaker 1: I think I think this bit like they nailed it in the animation. It's good. It's very good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So in that moment he does that and then heals both Highatoe and Okoyasu, but Oksu doesn't respond. Kira launches another air bomb at Joska, but Joe Ski is unwilling to leave Oku behind even though he looks very dead. He does this cool thing where he uses like the debris around him, it's just Crazy Diamond on it to reverse it and like uses that as like a shield to dodge explosions. No, no, he uses this the the debris to pull himself back because it's reversing back to where it came out from on the concrete, and that pulls him and Oksu back further, which I think was cool. So Joski and Hyato run into a nearby empty house. Iyato's begging him to just drop Oksu instead of carrying the body with him through the rain, but Joski is not willing to let that happen. And now Kira has now reassessed his situation because all this time he's believed the number one threat to his piece is Joe Toro. Now he's like, oh, ship, I've seen the full extent of what Crazy Diamond can do.
Speaker 1: Hang on a second, Yeah, Joe's.
Speaker 2: K is the real problem in my life, and that brings the episode to a close.
Speaker 4: Nemesis what like feud ended with.
Speaker 1: Is my new Yeah, he's like, Joe Ski, you're cool. It's you Jodro that must die now. And that's how that that was the that's the cliffhanger. The cliffhanger is his attention diverting.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, so this is the episode. Did you watch the opening credits?
Speaker 1: Yes, I did the reverse stuff. That was very cool, very cool, very cool break down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought they would on the other episodes, but I know.
Speaker 5: I asked you this John in the previous episode, the second episode we watched yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh they did. Oh that's cool. I want to understand. I think I've asked you this before. But this breakdown stuff, like what is it?
Speaker 4: Breakdown?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like what is it?
Speaker 1: It's a song like it's I know it's a song, but it's like you know, and it's just like it's just so funny, like the the economy between what the opening credit song sort of like insinuates and what the nature of the show is. They're like such polar opposites too. I know that's like a common anime thing.
Speaker 5: So Okay, here's what it is, Jeff. It's a bunch of people who don't speak English writing English lyrics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's just the breakdown. I'm the the cheerful, cheerfulness of the oh are you are you asking for like the whole like because I don't like this opening. I yeah, but it's like, but it's like wildly like positive.
Speaker 2: Happens in a lot of anime like that.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, So, don't forget about the power of friendship Jeff.
Speaker 1: Yea, oh, I've not forgotten it. I celebrate it.
Speaker 2: It's a very common thing for like the opening of an anime having very little to do with the anime itself. It's usually just a moment for for a animation house to make a cool music video.
Speaker 4: Because like a beautiful tone piece, and.
Speaker 1: I get it and I like it and I love it. I do. It's just like somebody should go do give like that treatment to like the opening credits to like True Detective Season one, Like that would be very funny, you know, Like to me, that would be like a similar sort of energy where you're like, yeah, this shows shows. It's shows pretty grim, pretty dark, but this op here is like there's bangs, things are looking up here, rainbows and sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is his anime evolution.
Speaker 1: I've known that for years. Friends.
Speaker 2: What's the ending on.
Speaker 1: The the the CP.
Speaker 2: Dysfunction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's that's e ED.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why it's called CP. Is something very very different in anime. No, no anime, just in life, I mean, could be an anime. You're going to move on. We're not going to any further fair enough, We're going to begin with Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable Part two. So we have the lads, Joe, Ski and Hyattel in the house. Outside somewhere is Kira. The skies of Mario have cleared up a little, so the rain has receded. Kira is callings fine.
Speaker 4: Like I said, like my hairline.
Speaker 2: Your hairlines is not right now.
Speaker 4: But I was I just wanted. I just had a one of those.
Speaker 5: Thoughts I feel, John, John, look, look how much forehead there is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just going to say, how stupid you look. I have.
Speaker 2: I'm completely I used to worry about my hair, and since moving hair it's it's thinned out for sure, mainly because of the atmosphere and temperature.
Speaker 1: But I blame it on California.
Speaker 2: I genuinely is when I go back and shower at home, like my hair thickens up in a crazy way.
Speaker 4: Because there's minerals and ship minerals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Yeah. And I was asking my hairdresser who and she was like, yeah, that is a very real thing.
Speaker 3: Now my hair, my hair out here because they're so comparatively so from the northeast and even in London, all the water runs over the Pennines, so it's just chock full of ship. So my hair back home is straight, and out here it's light, is a feather, so it's wavy.
Speaker 2: Your mind's become like curly. Yeah, but I've stopped caring now that like Turkey has figured out hair. My god, if I'm like, I'm like, if my hair falls out, just fucking go there and just mine.
Speaker 3: I mean, I have stressed and juice stylo pieces. If mine falls out again, yo, I'm taking a trip on Turkish air lines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, join you.
Speaker 1: So does the Turkish hair? Does it grow? Do you just have it?
Speaker 2: You say? They take foller calls from the back and sides of your head, because that's the most If you look at most people who go bald, they have it. They still have hair on the back and sides a lot of times.
Speaker 4: So it takes from despondent in this conversation.
Speaker 2: By the way, we've had this conversation.
Speaker 1: This should be this should be a hopeful conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So they take the follow calls from the back of it. Sometimes they take it from your beard as well, and they just move them to the top of your head. And then what happens is it grows a little and then falls out and then you have to like put treatments on their regularly and then it just grows like normal hair. But it takes a year for it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna take a while.
Speaker 5: Yeah, handy as well, because if you were bald and you showed up to a party and you had hair, that's kind of weird too.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't know, I don't care about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, but your hair does look honestly, you look like you look like shaget for a really long time.
Speaker 3: Whoever did Harry styles Andrew Garfield?
Speaker 4: What do you call him from?
Speaker 1: The guy from community like Joel Mchill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, his is Patrick Wilson.
Speaker 1: Tastefully, it's like half of Hollywood. What's that John does My hair. Look, yes, less yellow today? Yeah, did you it's the light. It's the lighting, you tream lighting, you treated it. Oh wow, see, Jeff, I listened to you. Your words affect me.
Speaker 2: That means a lot. I know we got into hair, but here we are. Ye, that was my joke. Louder, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Kill him? Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Sorry, So Kira, before he engages in the fight, he calls his boss and is like, hey, man, my son's being a ship. I need to discipline and plan him. I'm going to be late. Yes, yes, I definitely will.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is the stuff that you were saying that's in the fighting game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like he okay.
Speaker 5: So he has this moment where he'll like, he'll like do his big win celebration and then he'll his phone ring He'll like, oh yes, sir, yes, sir.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's such a bitch, Kira. He is. He's trying to provide for his family. Normal man is normal man.
Speaker 2: This is that reminder that he's just trying to have a normal life by doing it in the most perverse and legal way possible. So he's keeping an eye on the house where Hyatto and Joe's gave hidden and then Nova comes along as like, what the hell are you doing? This neighbor looks like the grossest humor.
Speaker 1: He's just all neck, isn't he.
Speaker 2: Let's not discription.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, between Lucy and I, there's a normal neck.
Speaker 5: Your neck is still within tasteful proportions. This man is like a third neck.
Speaker 4: Someone someone messaged me, Oh, what was it?
Speaker 2: There's a tweet reply, wasn't it? It was?
Speaker 3: It was a blue Sky reply about the Game Awards show that we put on, and someone said something like best neck definitely goes to at Lucy James.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's an award, and I've also had I one.
Speaker 3: I don't really pay attention to comments and stuff, but there was something that really stick out at you. And one of them was a few years ago a guy said, I want to run my ballsack down her neck.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus fucking Christ, what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: We're here to get off the internet, man. I think like they were. I was been thinking about this a lot.
Speaker 1: I think that you've been thinking about that a lot.
Speaker 2: No, no, thinking about why we are where we are. I think like sex positive positivity is really good. I think it's amazing, But I think a sub kind of effect of that is like people just have no shame about their like bodily parts anymore, and the the the kind of the expression of wanting to do things with them. And I think that has led to like an increase in toxicity. Like the good there's good there, but it also comes with like the fucking freaks on the internet would many many years ago, would never even think about talking about their nuts sex.
Speaker 1: It's just I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think I think I think sex positivity good. I think fucking weirdos. Being weirdos is a different thing. And I say I just I'm gonna I'm gonna make a claim, okay, I that I think that the person who said that comment to Lucy has yet to feel the warmth of another human.
Speaker 2: I think they look like they've been run over by like a fucking truck many times. Most people that say stuff like that are like, I wish that it was possible to make them immediately When people say swear words, I wish it did that thing, oh, swear words or shit like that. I wish it did that thing where the app takes the picture of your face as you're doing it, like Paradise when you crash or whatever. It takes a picture of you and sends it to the other person as they're being like fucking shoved off the road.
Speaker 1: That's Oh, that's what I want.
Speaker 5: Walk in Hell Brenda Paradise is just one of those games. It's just incredible, always great, and it's always fun to talk about when play.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, But anyway, Joe Ski finally comes to terms with the fact that Okay is dead and he's like, I'm gonna kill this Cira guy within the next few minutes, and he's like, you shitty little kid, hiatil. Yeah, by the way, stand over there and don't get in the way. So they're expecting an amb wish. There's a tense moment where they're looking at all the entry possible entry points and trying to figure out which one's gonna come through. And then higher too feels like a small gust of wind on his weirdly long hair.
Speaker 4: I really thought that Kira was going to be just blowing into.
Speaker 1: His Yeah, it seems like that going.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought he was gonna like because he put he puts his hair behind his ear one time. I thought he was going to do it. And Kira's stand was going to be just like a little virgin sitting on his shoulder cut a, I'm here, it's me, It's me. But that doesn't it doesn't happen. That's a good kick winds pretty good. Yeah, I think what instead happens is this bomb air bomb is like seeping through some of the cracks in the wall and is slowly moving towards Joe's Ki. So effectively Kira knows where joe'sk is, but Joe k doesn't know how Kira knows where he is, because as he starts to move around, the ball reorients itself and follows him, and that leads Higher to conclude it has some sort of tracking feature that they're unaware of. But Joe Ski does a very clever thing here. He sees an ashtray next to him, a used ashtray, and grabs it and just throws the ashes into the air, which creates this kind of mist and reveals where the bubble is, which I thought was very smart. But they still don't understand how Kira is tracking them. And then Joe Ki kind of goes head on into the explosion and uses Crazy Diamond to defend himself, but his leg and his stomach are like run through with wooden debris. After this happens, which looks real rough, he also throws like he breaks this vase and then he as he's falling, he throws a glass shot out of the out of the room, out the window and it goes to pierce Kira, but Kiro is on guard and uses Killer Queen to deflect it, which is and he's like, aha, nice, try a little looser. I was ready for the ship.
Speaker 1: I love that ship man, it's so good.
Speaker 2: But this is why he's like, I was right to keep my distance because you know that little ship is very, very resourceful. And then what we see is actually Joski wanted him to do that because he in doing so by deflecting it, he's pushed the glass yard behind him. Stop paying attention to it. But then Joek can reconstitute the vase and turn that glass yard into a holming attack. Kind of brilliant, Yeah, by manipulating like the dried blood on the shard and the dried blood on Kira, which was from earlier when he did like a an attack that used his own blood.
Speaker 1: To create like a a air cut attack. Now I think this is why does the sh to go ahead?
Speaker 5: John, I'm just gonna say, I think this is one of those moments that really walks the line between like fucking stupid and kind of brilliant.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think it's more brilliant, except if you spend any time pondering why the shard had to dig the exact same flight path, That's fine. Whatever.
Speaker 2: I thought it was trying to like reconnect with the blood that is on him, right, so it's like homing.
Speaker 1: Okay, then that even better? Then even better.
Speaker 2: That's my head canon.
Speaker 1: Anyway. Yeah, don't think about this stuff too too long or you'll doesn't absolutely got him there. He never hears this. Yeah, No, I don't want that.
Speaker 2: I think that he might.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, who are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I mean, like, I think he's out there name touching himself, touching his podcast on on on overcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that changes things.
Speaker 4: So Kelly Ow's going for it.
Speaker 2: Jelly's had enough.
Speaker 4: Jelly is embodying the spirit of Iraqi right now.
Speaker 2: So Kira takes the glass shot through the back. It pierces through him and he's like goddamn. And then he takes cover behind the wall and Joe sees through the as he's taking cover behind the wall, he's like dragging himself. He's on the floor. Joeki sees that Kira is holding a mobile phone in his hand, a purple one, and it's like, what the why's he got in his hand? Has he got a Nokia eighty two in his hand when he's clearly in like been damaged, but let that phone go is the best? Yeah, and Killer Queen sends another bubble inside the house while Crazy Diamond is trying to shoot another shod again. But then Joek turns to higher tones, like give me a lighter, give me your lighter. Why the hell is just keep carrying a lighter? First of all, I don't know, but he's like, here it is. I think he's saying that give me his own lighter? Is it? Joe just gets lighter? I think it might be Joe's gets lighter, and then he starts setting He's like, don't move, and he sets fire to the corner of Hyatel's jacket.
Speaker 5: How much trust would you have to have in someone for them to be like they just stay still and they take out a lighter and start setting you on fire.
Speaker 1: And then you and you're like, this is cool. And normal.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would trust it in a situation where I'm fighting a man who's shooting air bombs at me and another man who's got like the ability to punch.
Speaker 1: There is a contextual part to al.
Speaker 2: Yeah, standing in the JW at the game awards and Lucy appears and it's like, I'm gonna set fire to the corner of your jacket. Don't move. Fuck no, I'm getting out of there. But what is what hang on? Right?
Speaker 3: We have to establish as a foursome a code for if we were attacked by some kind of enemy stand we have to do ship we can't tell the others about.
Speaker 2: Oh, so to signal that something broky, you just have to go with it. What if we start, I think we should say what Jeff Beckler look great with an afro out of nowhere people.
Speaker 4: That's the kind of much at some point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's who I mean to say. It's not a it's not a panic sentence. It's a panic word. It has to be shorter, one syllable. Perhaps because I went I went like two millions ago.
Speaker 2: Have to open houses time as well?
Speaker 1: What about what about country music? Because I need to country.
Speaker 3: Music literally said country music start, not forty five minutes ago.
Speaker 1: Mmmm, well, we'll have to think of it.
Speaker 2: We'll have to think of it. What about.
Speaker 1: Hydro hydrophonics, hydrophonic? I feel like I'll forget that. Not to complicate this more than it already is. Too many syllables. Look, this is something we really started talking about. Jeff's cat. Jeff's cat. It's just Jeff's cat. Cat's never going to be a thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't really start like showing Did pictures of cats, and I'm he likes cats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but maybe one day he'll.
Speaker 1: Be it'll be his cat, It'll be his cat, Like I can't we flow.
Speaker 2: The idea of looking off to my cats when when.
Speaker 1: Oh ship, Yeah, we'll figure that out and that'll that'll indoctrinate.
Speaker 2: Him or make him violently ill, not like Noah, there's gonna be Yeah, Jeff might be coming over in a yeah next year at some point.
Speaker 1: Do you think I'd get on with the Jeff Oh, you just gotta tell him. Here is YouTuber? Yeah in your hands?
Speaker 4: Which does Did like me?
Speaker 1: I don't think he like he definitely knows you. Oh my god, that's right, yeah, of course, yeah, Yeah, I'm sorry, I forget yeah, he know, he he you know, look he's nine, so he doesn't like think about everyone and Dan and danger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he.
Speaker 7: Hates God and Dan Raker, not dude, God and the Devil equally, yeah, equal, you know, from Burning the Jacket, the worst character in all of Jojo history thus far reappears.
Speaker 2: It's yosh Hero Kira, that fucking old man in a picture I.
Speaker 1: Thought of you happens and I kind of.
Speaker 2: There's something about this character that I viscerally dislike you. So he's so bad. His son ignores him. Like his son, they never talk face to face.
Speaker 5: Interests outside the fiction of Jojo nearly in a weird way, because like there's just no rules fro m, Like he's a ghost.
Speaker 1: You can blow up lives in a photograph and it's.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, and he's got it there and he's flying around in this picture. He's like not it started off by being like, oh, it's being carried by the wind, and at some point they just stopped that and he's just got like a paper airplane that works.
Speaker 5: He can like just plan where he wants to count room in Kira's house. That's like creepy and weird and cool, like yeah, very cool introduction.
Speaker 2: The wildest part is I think you could remove his character from every single manga panel and scene in this entire part and nothing would change.
Speaker 5: It makes Kira like a more It actually makes you like, you're right, Tim, I think Kira would nearly be a bit more interesting without this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this weird little hang on hanger on Dad that is like.
Speaker 1: I think he's pretty much there just to motivate the plot, and some I think.
Speaker 2: He's I think he's there in the early days as a mechanism to create like Monster of the Week stories, because he's like going around shooting people with him at the stand users.
Speaker 1: He did give Kira the third ability to he was by accident, like he Yeah, I feel there in the world.
Speaker 2: Where he's not written in.
Speaker 1: The arrow comes out of nowhere, like time to go into my arrow drawer.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and instead we get this annoying, fucking little man in a pictures here. This guy's his cook.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The thing that annoys me is he he doesn't like Kira, doesn't ever like acknowledge him. Apart from that one time where they're in the bathroom. The rest of the time, he's never like my dad's out there fighting for me, I don't.
Speaker 1: Like have a relationship or something, because that would nearly do it? Like that would that would kind of be interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So this lad comes out of his pocket and Joe Scare has figured out that Kira called his dad on his tiny phone. Who is hiding in Hyato's pocket and fucking leaking info on where they are?
Speaker 1: Okay? Is it genius or is it dumb? It's it's so stupid. He like, he just has a mobile phone in his little.
Speaker 2: How does Hyat not realize it's something in his pocket? Well, we've also established that when he talks, other people can hear him, so like, is it coming? But like on the other side of the phone, it's a two way system on the on the other side.
Speaker 1: Two meters just two meters ahead.
Speaker 2: I felt you gotta do it.
Speaker 1: In his voice, he's probably like, no, now move two.
Speaker 2: He's like, it's just like, does he sound like he's from Poland?
Speaker 1: To the left. It's just so funny to me that he's whispering in the parking.
Speaker 4: What if he's not whispering, what if he just tapping the mic like moss coting it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they're real spies, these two.
Speaker 2: The thing is like, even if he said nothing on the other side, Kira has the line open, right, and on his side there's explosions happening. How does that, like not a little bit of that carry through Tatle's pocket and.
Speaker 1: Sound coming out? Point he introduced this cool ass thing where the bubble the bubble bombs are homing and they're they're tracking and this is how it's working. Okay, you gotta admit, John, this was a letdown.
Speaker 5: Also, I like to be selective of the things. I defended the things like when here, when did he get in that pocket? Because at one point Hyatto was exploded. Yeah, they he was blown appart.
Speaker 2: So did Joe's gat not put it back together and go there's a few too many pieces pocket?
Speaker 1: And he was just like, well that's a relief. But would you have been happier if they showed the polaroid float into his pocket at some point?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so, because then I'd be like, oh, that annoying shit is in place.
Speaker 3: I think it would be it's an arrow situation and there's one frame, Yeah, fucking missed it.
Speaker 2: I think it would have been cooler where if, if if when the explosion happens Joesk reconstitutes it, and then it cuts to him and he like like squints his eyes a bit, and then that's the moment I tell you, tell you that something's up. Joesk knows he's in there, and then they get in the house and he uses the information to like manipulate Kira, and then at the end, when everyone goes, what the fuck, how did you know that, he says, when I put Kira back together, I noticed that there was material that we shouldn't have not when I put a high together, I noticed there was material there that was not part of his body. And it led me to realize that his stupid dad is in there as well. But I played it like I didn't know, and I re put him back together and use that to my advantage.
Speaker 1: I'm very easy this. If he specifically says the word stupid dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, His bitch ass dad is out there in his pocket.
Speaker 1: But it was dumb.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh god, this fun. Any excuse to shove this stupid old man in a picture back into this.
Speaker 1: Show is all right, We're getting rid of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, joe K realizes there and he's been using leaking information and fucking just kicks the shit out of this little old man. He tries to like run away and he starts whispering. Joe k grabs the phone and whispers into the phone directions on where the old man in the paper in the photograph is flying around, and uses that kind of connection to guide the bomb to him and blow him.
Speaker 1: Up, which is pretty cool. It is great.
Speaker 2: This is the best moment in the in that character's entire arc. Uh so he in doing that. Joe'sk then reveals himself to Kira and at the same time that the shot, the second shot that he shut off earlier, hits him just getting comes out of the house and both stand users are like, we're still gonna fight. We're both pretty beat up, but we're gonna fight, and they start a close quarters combat scenario. But stray Cat out of nowhere uses his bubbles to protect Killer Queen, and he's protecting himself, but in doing self protects Killer Queen because inside Killer Queen in that Ninja totals as set up just about Joe. Just as Joe Skit is about to be hit by a bomb, suddenly someone steps in to save him. The bomb is suddenly redirected, moves a way into another area.
Speaker 1: I love this bit.
Speaker 2: Again. It was good and the hand are is the best stand in this entire part.
Speaker 5: I even love the acknowledgment of like, you know, I'm not that smart, so I never really think about where this Yeah okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Love the little sweet I love the tears.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it was very his brother and his brother was like.
Speaker 4: I'm still hot but still a dickhead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm here. Where are you going? And he's like, I'm going with you to the afterlife? And then his brother's like, maybe you should reconsider, and then.
Speaker 1: One more nice moments they give his brother. Yeah, yeah, I thought.
Speaker 2: He was going into something because he was like I always wondered where these things go, and I thought it was going to be like, oh, ship, there's like a metaphysical realm where every time the hand uses his ability and removes the space, it's being like put into a pocket dimension. And it's like not, and now he's created this own like parallel universe made of like bits of stuff that he's removed from the planet. No, not nearly as interesting. It's just like okay, like just afterlife, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Cool again? Okay, on the hand get done dirty just says for Okay and the Hand give in their own series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, he has to adventures.
Speaker 2: Man, that would be so good. Let me dope, maybe dope, Okay, Tom, I think it would.
Speaker 1: It would start with me and you were going to write a secret project. I don't want to I don't want to feel what it is.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it starts with him doing a bank heist on his own, and he's just able to like effectively do a bank heist because he's just like removing distance and like grabbing ship.
Speaker 1: And what about where he wins a digging competition?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what about an episode where he goes to a restaurant and makes an order but they gave him one of those annoying noise vibrating puck things and send him to his table and they'll like come back when his vibrates, and then it vibrates, but instead of getting up, he uses the hand to change and remove the distance and gets his order without standing up.
Speaker 4: That's a very specific use case.
Speaker 1: But so those those are three episodes, and we've only been writing this for like what two minutes.
Speaker 2: Fucking Oraki were coming for your ass, but get ready to move aside so he explains that he effectively went to what is what they described as like the anti chamber of the afterlife and where he meets his brother and gets sent back because he wants to go back to Morio, and he decides that he wants to live. Okay, then does the smartest thing he could have done in that moment. He uses the hand to just grab Stray Cat from Killer Queen. But also there's at one point held.
Speaker 1: Bomb friends it. Yeah, yeah, but he's like, it's it's his pet now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So there was a moment where he's just holding the bomb.
Speaker 4: You know, some days he just can't get rid of a bomb.
Speaker 2: Just very true. Batman knows this, but like, what this entire time, he could just handle the bombs.
Speaker 1: What the fuck made?
Speaker 2: So he's he rips Killer Queen, rips Stray Cat from Killer Queen, and then Kira is like, oh no, I'm screwed. I had one long distance attack now exactly. Mario is there. The others eventually arrive on the scene. Joe, Tara's there, and Kira is like, oh shit, his back is up against the wall basically, and that brings that episode to end. We're going to swiftly move on to the next episode, which is called Goodbye Memorial the Golden Heart. I love that they named one line from the very end of the show as the episode title. Friends, we've reached the end the final journey, so the final moment, and it ends in the most JoJo's Bizarre Adventure ass way possible.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure it could be more for one hundred episodes at this point, haven't we? Yeah? I think so, wow, Yeah, there's a lot of episodes. There's Yeah, at this point it's one hundred and thirteen.
Speaker 2: God, yeah, that's crazy episodes. But back into a corner, Jo and Hiatto and are kind of like surrounding Kira. Kira is like, I cannot believe this is going to happen. I'm gonna get caught something mad is going on. A paramedic crew arrives. The tricky thing right here is like we know that in when he's under pressure is when his new ability activates. It bites the dust right where.
Speaker 1: It's not the same bite the dust that he plants in highato.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, it's paying Yeah, it's like a sub version of it that like will reverse time when he's in like heavy pressure moments to save himselves. Paramedic crew arrives and they rushed and he's on the floor and they rush over to aid him. Aid Kira because he looks like he's just an innocent man that's been caught up in something bad.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And then that's when Joe, Kochi and Rohan realize that it's Kira. Unbelievable. They're like, oh shit is Kira. It's like we've been this entire time. But they look at him on the ground and he's like bloody and battered and brued and looks definitely like some sort of villain. And then they look at Joe sk and he's also bloody and battered and bruised, and they're like, something might be happening here, Oh noved in some kind of non stand accident. Yeah, They're like, what's going on? Man, common lads. Kira eventually reveals his identity via accidentally King shaming himself in public because he's the woman who comes to help him. He's like, Oh, I really love your hand, it is so nice.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you about the mona Lisa, okay, I just I just want to get everyone's feeling as to what happened here.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: I thought it was going to be stupid, and it lived up to it. And I remember, I remember this moment from a long time ago book ago, and I remember her thinking that supid.
Speaker 4: Kings are formed.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I did a whole module of sex psychology back in university, and yeah.
Speaker 1: There are two famous books of art.
Speaker 2: Or it could be just like, yeah, it's a formative experience that you.
Speaker 4: Like associate with sex and then it becomes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean arguably the least sexualized piece of art ever. I mean, what's that.
Speaker 2: John people people talking Caravaggio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, like I don't look, I thought it was interesting that this is like the strange little backstory they chose to, you know, well.
Speaker 4: It also shows that he's.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yes, famously.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Historically and culturally, there's been so much like discussion and fascination with Mona Lisa's like little smile, Like what is it is she smiling? Is something going on? Is she?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Because wy right now? And meanwhile, kids like look at them.
Speaker 1: Give me those digits. That's what I care about.
Speaker 4: But also like, didn't they x ray the Mona Lisa? And there's a bunch of different layers of different and stuff of her and yeah.
Speaker 2: He did like frowny face, smiley face. When I'm gonna go for something in the middle.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna say it. The Mona Lisa not very big.
Speaker 1: Small I went, I went.
Speaker 4: I expected a much bigger painting, but it's not. You know, it's like a five piece of vapor.
Speaker 1: It's very small. You've had to hear first. Folks over hyped.
Speaker 3: If you go fucking see it in the loop, it is a miserable experience, like you're like funnels. Yeah, you're at the back and the whole way. The rumor is is that it funnels you forward, and they were just it's miserable.
Speaker 5: Everyone's probably trying to see it and very and it's very small, very small.
Speaker 2: I think the best way to see the mon Lisa is go to Google images and type of Mona Lisa and you'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Didn't they have it in Animal Crossing? No, they had a bunch of other pains big one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's like I saw the Mona Lisa when I was young and got the I pitched a tent. The bona I had was unreal.
Speaker 4: Dirty, but I got an erection.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, there wasn't I know, he says erection, but it was like a funnier delivery. It was just sort of like, yeah, what did he say?
Speaker 2: Either way, it's like I whipped out my Da Vinci and changed my life.
Speaker 1: Mona erection, Yeah, you like pro no. I'm just trying to think that that should be the title of the no. I got an erection and then I became the mona. If you know what I'm saying, Okay, hiatto?
Speaker 2: And then he's like I. He insinuates that he stole the Mona Lisa and then cut the fucking the rest of it off of it and just hung up the hand or like some sort of print of it, and just like zoomed in on the prints. Okay, so he's got a print of the monol behind the hands and put them on his wall that was blowing up hands he does, so he's like I, I and then I just like what it was. He just like gooning NonStop the entire his entire guys.
Speaker 1: I have a question, Yeah, what's up? What what is gooning?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: You know what is I I learned the wristler was like a person like a week ago.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, don't worry that.
Speaker 1: That's okay, that's a you can skip over.
Speaker 4: It's not related to the costco guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I probably. I think we shouldn't make kids famous, don't.
Speaker 2: They should not have been kids and shouldn't be on the intent Like.
Speaker 1: That's I think that's going to suck him up publicly. Australia just did a good thing. Aren't they banning? Like also until sixteen? I think that's a fantastic idea.
Speaker 2: That's something like that those kids have to go out in the wild where fucking poisonous animals and ship out the way to kill them instead. Yeah, they're like touch grass, but don't touch any of the animals because they.
Speaker 1: Wore that rattlesnake. Yeah, one of those scorpions over there, they're bad.
Speaker 2: Gooning is someone who's obsessed with beating their meat while watching it just.
Speaker 1: Like makes and like define like they are defined by that. Define yourself by that.
Speaker 4: Go have you still bread it a slash? Goon caves?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good caves is like one thing, but like how do you define yourself? I don't know if you know this, but gooning is currently a political movement.
Speaker 3: Hold up, Tim, I know discord is doing its best at blocking the sound. But is that the cleaners? I can hear the background.
Speaker 2: Oh can you hear it?
Speaker 1: Well, no, it's just when you talk.
Speaker 3: But the fact is that you are having a conversation about gooning and those poor people just like trying to do that job.
Speaker 2: That I'm not a mad Tory that has cleaners in every week or anything like that. Now and then I ask.
Speaker 1: Clean hold take your monocle out before you say, okay, look, look bitch, I got into this conversation on stream, and I agree with time here. I have a cleaner.
Speaker 5: She comes from three hours a week, and it's simple. Okay, that's I'm very discussed. Well well look I okay, no listen, listen my justification. No, walk it back, let's hear it.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm walking forward, Jeff Price into into I may I can stream for three hours and then pay this woman a really good wage that's streaming revenue, and also make a little money for myself.
Speaker 2: That's I I do it like once every couple of months when I know, like wow that like either people are going to come.
Speaker 4: We're doing like a festive thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, That's why I'm doing it. So we're gonna have folks around soon.
Speaker 1: A week week. I didn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can come if you want.
Speaker 1: I would, it's just just so so I am invited. Yeah you are, Okay, you should.
Speaker 2: Assume you're invited to everything that I do.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't come my live in Irelands. But what the but a week?
Speaker 2: John?
Speaker 1: Once a week? Look, Jeff, I don't care.
Speaker 2: No. I love cleaning, but eventually it reaches the point where there's like stuff in like this finessing that is required.
Speaker 4: A profession, seen like the cleanest house.
Speaker 2: I'm like obsessed with cleaning.
Speaker 1: You need a professional.
Speaker 3: I get it that I am moving for like the last six months. I'm finally officially moving next week. Right, I will say that cleaning. Just as soon as I knew I was leaving.
Speaker 1: The priority, you stopped way.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 3: So the thing is is that I was going to rent a not rent, like a carpet cleaner, and then I was going to pay for like a service where you know, people were coming in deep clean because I really don't think my landlord is going to give you my deposit back. But then I was like, because of the cats, well one of them being a cat that I shouldn't have, and the other one having gastro problems and has thrown up on the rug.
Speaker 4: So what I'm going to do.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to pay.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to deep clean it myself. Oh, but I will rent a proper carpet cleaner.
Speaker 1: And like, why not, just why not get someone so much?
Speaker 4: No, it's not the pet smart. You can rent a carpet cleaner for like sixty bucks for a day.
Speaker 2: To pay.
Speaker 4: I've costed it up. It's over five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck that I ran.
Speaker 2: The numbers on are very very expensive. That's why I only do it once a few months, okay.
Speaker 5: And I I will also say that when I hired my cleaner, she was like, this is what I charge, and I said that's too low.
Speaker 1: We will pay you more than that because I wanted to take worth her. You don't have to walk it back. No, I'm walking forward. I'm walking forward. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always. I always give, and then I give them a leave like a thirty tip on top of that, because they are cleaner.
Speaker 1: My pet sitter.
Speaker 4: Oh who I broke up with. I'm still I've had actual breakups that I don't feel as bad.
Speaker 1: It's affected me too, because it's lucy, Like it's like it's a good arrangement that just had to end and that's kind of tragic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But like I always like overtip her because I found her through like a pet sitting app and I was like, hey, you want to take this off the app?
Speaker 4: You know, exchange numbers.
Speaker 1: Wink wink, say no more no because.
Speaker 4: The apps take an insane cut.
Speaker 1: So I understand.
Speaker 3: Been like, she kept me on that rate, but I overpay her anyway because I'm just like she she's so good with him and a cat's lover. I'm sorry this is not.
Speaker 2: Very festive now that the cleaner's hair. I would like to apologize to everyone who's listening to this if you can hear cleaning happening the background. Very sorry.
Speaker 1: You know, that's a scheduling skill issue. It's fine.
Speaker 2: It genuinely was scheduled and I just had no idea it was today and then we moved.
Speaker 1: Our John has cleaners come once a week, and not once have they we moved this recording.
Speaker 2: Okay, we originally wasn't conflicting, So let's carry on because at some point they'll want to clean in here, so uh so he's hand fetishing it up, and Hyatto is suddenly like, oh ship, he's turning that paramedic into a bomb or like the host of bites to dust so he can rewind everything and basically win.
Speaker 1: And he's licking that woman's hand a lot so he can turn her into very well. Doesn't she like she's just kind of unfortunate. Yeah, she's like I didn't wasn't expecting this when I came into work today.
Speaker 2: Rohan tells he needs to stop time, but Jo is like, I'm too far away right now, so he starts running.
Speaker 1: Towards stands that could make him.
Speaker 2: Be remove the distance.
Speaker 1: Yes, not only not only that, but last season, like, come on, Jodo, you've been nerfed dog like there's there's been how many liberties were taken with your time pausing ability And now you're like, I'm too far away. I was writing his tisis on the Starfish Okay, Yeah, was so funny.
Speaker 2: We'll get there, We'll get there. As he's running. As Jo is running towards Kira, Killer Queen raises his thumb in the motion for you know, activating the standability and activates bites the dust, and Kira is like, oh, I'm back, bitches, He'll never defeat me. And then he like gets the animation for like him teleporting back is really cool. It's like some psycho.
Speaker 1: Oh it's yeah, that was so that was really cool.
Speaker 2: It's really cool because you can't tell if he's like being blown up or is he good back in time until he goes through like the the Jimi Hendrix ass wormhole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad we got to see that.
Speaker 2: It's cool. And then he appears and then looks at it, looks around and he's like, what where the hell am I? I'm in a weird part of town. So he pulls out his watch from his breast pocket and he's like, uh, this watch is still damaged from earlier when I used my chest and watch to deflect stray Cat's air bubble attack and when Hyatto did it, which is like, oh my god. And then out of nowhere, he realizes what's going on when Raimi Sugimoto, the girl caught in the Ghost Girl in the Alleyway, reveals that Kira is dead and now he's a ghost and she's exactly She starts like screaming at him about how she doesn't he doesn't remember her he killed her, and then he says they explained how he died. And what happens is.
Speaker 8: As he was about to get ready, as he was about to activate, bites the dust, Kira's trigger hand suddenly like crashes to the floor as if heavy, and we see that echoes.
Speaker 2: Act three remember that as kid and uses three freeze.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Yeah, that's a heavy stand. That's what he does.
Speaker 2: It was, It was completely stupid until they cut to the bit where Joe Taro shouts used to start Platinum and shouts of the world, in which you're like, yes, still the fucking best activation moment any stand has and he breaks killer Queen's finger and then just like does his aura aura.
Speaker 1: And it's it's a satisfying it is good.
Speaker 2: Cut cuts to Kira's face as is as is happening, and he's like frozen in time getting his ass beaten. And then once time is resumed, Kira is like thrown by the force of the Auroras into the park of a paramedics ambulance van which is reversing at the same time, and runs his head over and crushes it.
Speaker 1: Killing That's right, folks, that's right, folks. That's how Cura is killed. He gets his melon popped by a reversing ambulance.
Speaker 5: Those like three frames where he's on the ground and you just see his head go yeah, horrible, awful like looking people like as in, it looks really nasty. It looks of animation that I've seen.
Speaker 2: It looks so bad that everyone who was moments ago fighting to kill this man is like, oh no, is he okay?
Speaker 1: Do They all start to give a ship.
Speaker 2: Should die, but it's not.
Speaker 1: Cool when a cosmic punch ghost doesn't do it? Yeah, oh no real? Oh what a human?
Speaker 6: Oh no?
Speaker 2: The result everyone's horrified. But I tells, like, that sucks. But he killed my father, so fuck him.
Speaker 1: I genuinely thought they were going to crazy diamond his back and kill him again. I thought would have already fun. I was like, oh this is I know what this is a job for.
Speaker 4: Then also they would have to, you know, murder a guy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, look, you know that's why they say that, like, it's probably good that we didn't have to do that because we don't have to explain that ship. He died of natural unnatural.
Speaker 1: Remember too, well, he's never killed anyone. He just retires people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he has des.
Speaker 2: Brian kill mead him. Uh. The police are like, who is this man? We can't tell because his face is on the ambulance will it looks messed up? What's going on? And then the paramedic from Earlia is like, this is yo, Chicago, Kira. None of them know that, and they were like, oh, wasn't that a guy named Kira that lived over here this time? Which it was, Yeah, he's all right, dude, how come that?
Speaker 1: How come that paramedic was not still a bomb?
Speaker 2: So it wasn't the bomb turning him into a bomb?
Speaker 1: She was? He was.
Speaker 2: She was turned into a conduit to activate bites the.
Speaker 1: Dust right right right? Sorry? Yeah, yeah, gotta.
Speaker 2: Don't ask any more questions beyond that was like, yeah, we have no answers. So that's when Kira cuts back to the alleyway with Sigimoto Rami, and that's when he remembers uh and Kira starts to like fall apart, like his skin and ship it's like cracking, and then uh Raimi turns to him and says like, this is the wound that you gave me on my back, and expecting Kira to like rec oil and like turn away after seeing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that she will misscalculation on Raymie's part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because this is a serial killer, you know. He loves that shit, Like that's basically the Mona Lisa to him. He's getting an erection. So then he realizes, Oh, she's trying to make me turn around, which means the space that we're in is that weird turn around alleyway that I've heard of my STU, which Dad told me about it a while ago.
Speaker 1: He does also like that's the first thing I'm thinking of as soon as we enter this alleyway about turning around, and I got to say, I like, but he does turn around, Like I guess he's I guess it's just like a certain position you have to be in or something. I don't know, Yeah, maybe certainly. Like the first thing he does is like HU looks behind himself.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, So she kind of like grabs it by the neck and is like, let's make you turn around. And then she's like, you think I didn't know that you were try and do something like that.
Speaker 5: We get that awesome shot where Kira's face goes behind her and he goes back to original Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, finally.
Speaker 2: Blonde head here is back, and then out of nowhere, Arnold the Dog reappears and bites Kira's hand off.
Speaker 1: Who saved the day? Folks?
Speaker 2: Firstly, he's a ghost. How is he biting that hand again?
Speaker 1: There's also almost time, it's let's back that up because what's her name?
Speaker 2: Raymy?
Speaker 1: Raymie? Also like puts her hand over over through him. Yeah, she puts her hand through questions like you so.
Speaker 2: He's not corporeal. The dog she's like wiggling her hair and see this man gave up eight twenty episodes ago and has just been like a cracking amount still fucking.
Speaker 1: And then cutthroat dog comes in and like, didn't you dude when that dog just mrks him? I was like, yeah, I was throwing popcorn at the screen. It was great.
Speaker 2: So he tears the hands to shred and then Kira gets like sucked into the afterlife and it's not satisfying that much until he like desperately looks at Ramy and goes, where am I going?
Speaker 3: Is this?
Speaker 2: When you're like, ah, you're cooked? And she's like she's like and that's when she's like, wherever you are going, you will never know a moment of peace, which is all he wanted the entire time, which is a very nice.
Speaker 1: Fucked up way, which is I was happy to see Ramy get her a little w here. Yeah I should. I do love the visual of the hands. I still think that rules. I think that's like the strongest stuff.
Speaker 2: It's a very common like motif used in a lot of anime, so you'll probably see it in another anime that we may be watching very soon.
Speaker 1: There's no way to know, who can say.
Speaker 2: So, with that business sorted, Raymie and Arnold are now able to go to heaven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I guess that was the hold up.
Speaker 2: That was why she stuck around, right.
Speaker 4: I'm also on the jojo wiki. Thank you again to jojo Wiki. It's very funny because they have the list of appearances of characters.
Speaker 3: And for like Rami and Arnold, they have their pictures and then just a little thing that says to heaven.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love that. Oh my god, I was just then laughing at that earlier. Yeah. Yeah, and uh.
Speaker 2: There's also a characteristic called pink doc boy parentheses drawing. He's one of the characters in.
Speaker 1: The manga.
Speaker 4: Andrew category brackets as a.
Speaker 2: Rock as a rock as a rock, So she's as sending to heaven with her faithful dog.
Speaker 1: And the whole town shows up. Everyone shows up.
Speaker 5: Everyone is here is a weird mutant father and for a second, yeah, I forgot about it is the end.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, that misdirection they do when he's at dinner, I remember, like the insane Italian restaurant, Like they're there munching down.
Speaker 2: And the restaurant's food is like rejuvenating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, oh, you're going to be a normal guy, just kidding, You're just look like a shinier sludge than he used to be. Everyone shows up.
Speaker 7: Everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the end of Friends where everyone's in the fucking apartment at the last second.
Speaker 4: And Friends, to be fair, was the goddamn apartment.
Speaker 2: Hyato is at home and his mom's like I'm not gonna eat until my husband is back and crying and.
Speaker 1: He's like, I will wait for you to be waiting a long time.
Speaker 2: They sweep also live foods getting cold, man, Yeah that's true. And then uh everyone's like, oh, Raymie, you should you don't want to go to you, We wouldn't wait to go and Rohan not you said, and Rohan's like, oh you fuck, and they're like come on, and he's like, ar, I'm sad yep, and then Rohan notes that how many families are have been impacted. It's actually like a really moment where they're like, He's like, this person's family will be waiting, this person will be waiting, this person was nice. It's like referencing all the people that Kiras killed and they won't know what happened. It's kind of like quite heavy. And then summer of nineteen ninety nine comes to a close and people are starting to return to normal life. Joseph and Joe Too jump on a ship and he's like, you know what, I think these people are going to be all right. They've got the Golden Heart, which what the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Dog?
Speaker 2: And then Joski is like on the shore as their boat is like heading out, and he's like, bye, Dad, do you still have the picture of mom that I gave you? And he's like, yeah, I never got spoke to your mom, but I've got a picture on my wallet. Probably gonna be good into it later, yeah, And then he's like, ah, nice, but I ripped the end off of it. I'm glad you put in your wallet and then he like re he uses start Platinum to reverse the damage on the picture, and it brings this wallet to him. He's like, fuk out of here. I got your all your money now. Later he steals his wallet because remember he still broke from the bank ship he got robbed.
Speaker 1: If you you know, I think I think Joseph kind of was the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's got fucking years of money to pay that kid.
Speaker 1: Totally, He's he's got enough to go around.
Speaker 2: And then we get like the wrap up of everything, jo Jo Joseph adopts Invisible Baby. She cuts his own daughter.
Speaker 4: Bro, can we just talk about how nothing ever happened with that invisible.
Speaker 1: Remember the snow, the bloody boy in the snow.
Speaker 2: The man they also like, no one is invisible Baby's mom was never found.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like this or a woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joe to knees a doctor because he writes a thesis on starfish that he saw Mario's beach.
Speaker 1: So just be clear up, yo too is a marine biologist. That is his full sience.
Speaker 2: There's a serial killer on the loose in the town that is like fucking six by six space, the smallest town ever, and every maze all getting beaten up. There's a flying man in a picture knocking about.
Speaker 1: Wonders, gets any lesson chanting.
Speaker 2: Okay, this dude is standing on a beach looking at starfish. You know, time and beat the ship of people.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? And it's so weird, What a weird detail to tell us. In part three, there was an episode where Joho scuba dived.
Speaker 2: I saw that's where the obsession came.
Speaker 1: I saw someone.
Speaker 5: Added like fake subs to that before whether where he's looking around and he's like, this is pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Just planting a seed there. Coachi and Ucaco and narrow couple. We've got like a short king tall queen dy I.
Speaker 5: Am all for short kings tall queensci is batting above his weight in.
Speaker 2: They are going to live the most awkward life where she looks like he's dating a child forever. They will have to explain that forever.
Speaker 1: Insane.
Speaker 2: The difference in in like height is unreal. Tonio Tresadi is a restaurant is popping off because of like his standpol Jam's restorative abilities. And that's where we get the moment where the dad, his dad is like, oh my god, you might be fixed, and then he's just like, no, he looks healthier, but he's still like a weird green sludge. Jo meanwhile just our best buddies, and Coach is there as well, and they just yeah, and Coach is there too. They must you know. They spend their time together and they just have a nice time forever.
Speaker 5: And the last line is like you hear Rohan shoplifted and like, oh yeah, and is like, well, actually I don't know, and j is like, well, why'd you say it? Joe's their adventure part for yeah, wait, but not before my friends, we get the most intense and purposeful hip thrust.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he out like hand on hip and then he's got his hands like during the Jojo is powering rocking it.
Speaker 1: It knocked me out of my seat. Is let me tell you.
Speaker 2: That is like if it wasn't clear how bisexual this anime is, that was Aki being likes, fuck, let's fucking go.
Speaker 5: It was like the the it was like the crack of a whip that thrust. My goodness, that bisexuality he has not even got started.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: The next is quite something with that in that regard as well.
Speaker 5: And that's when in the post credits scene, another coffin with deal on it is recovered?
Speaker 1: Are you okay? Because I didn't see that and I was like, oh my god, what's happening? Black Dot, Doctor Dot. It's a bunch of Dots friends.
Speaker 2: That brings another episode and a season season anime of JoJo's Jeff j Jeff Jeff JoJo's Jove to a. We have a history of finishing up on Jojo. First of all, what did every want to think of it? I thought it was completely assd up until like the fast last like four four episodes and there were some episodes in between it. It was it was fun, pretty even it's pretty dominant a lot always. I don't think it makes good on the premise of a like small town situation. No, but it's still very fun.
Speaker 1: I like the Monster of the Week stuff when they were kind of on that pace. There's you know, we obviously took a very long time to get through this, so it's tough to go back and think about like all the you know, like the Misery episodes with the what's the long haired girl? Yeah I can't remember. Yeah, Like think about where we've gone on them. We did that loost time there. Look, I really liked this entirety, I really did. I think the last four to five episodes's it's a little messy at the end there, but they tie it up in a way that only JoJo's can.
Speaker 2: The individual episodes and stories when in them are dumb and fun in the Jojo way. I think the threading that ties it all together is awful, Like it's not it's not good, but then it kind of like it feels like it's built up to this moment where the ending, the landing is the you you stick the landing, you learn the plane. Plane is still a fucking sessiona though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait, what about you, Lucy, what do you think?
Speaker 4: I just think it was very uneven. I think the highs are very high, but the lows are very low.
Speaker 5: I think I think I've just I think I'm just really into what this season is trying to do, and I think I really respect the shit out of it for being like such a different format from all the other seasons. Like I love that it like plants its feet and it's like, this is all just happening in this town. We're not trying to save the world. This is just the problem.
Speaker 1: Is a creepy dude to folks hands yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that Killer Queen and Bites the Dust are like different entities, Like it's listed as two different stands on this Jojo wiki. Killer Queen and then there's Killer Queen, and then there's Killer Queen Bites the Dust, which is a different variant of Killer Queen.
Speaker 5: So I think what that is is that when a when someone gets stabbed with the arrow, their stand evolves, So it's kind of like it is different, but it's kind of like an evolution of a Pokemon.
Speaker 4: I was just like a digimon.
Speaker 1: That's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: John By the Dust and Killer Quin are probably I think that the one of two stands that have evolved, the others being echoes, right, and no one else really evolves in that way, which is cool, but yeah, it's still fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really think I did you guys. I really did enjoy this one. I love yeah big fans overall.
Speaker 2: As always, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is the friends you made along the way, And we did make some friends on the show, including an invisible baby.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what about characters?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Yeah, we also have a tradition of completing JoJo's Bizarre Adventure season and then briefly taking a little detour, try something else.
Speaker 5: I think, I think we have some conversations to have, but I'm thinking that the detour this time might be a little less brief.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it will be. And I'm thinking maybe the next thing we we tackle, we really take Jeff on a bizarre adventure, like a real bizarre adventure.
Speaker 1: Time Jeff sees some ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's time for anime to change Jeff back law fundamentally as a human being.
Speaker 1: Pawn this for long enough. If you recall way back when when we started this old project, I was very adamant about not being I was very keeping a safe space, and now I see that that trust has been voided fundamentally. Change. Yeah, I want my life to change for the worst. So please take on your next anime adventure.
Speaker 2: We'll be back soon. Keep an eye on our Twitter, Blue Sky, Instagram, Giant Bomb feeds, and you might get a hint as to where we're going if it wasn't obvious by now. Thank you, John Luke h John, Where can people find you?
Speaker 5: You can find me over at ipatchols dot com. Check out those new T shirts. Twitch dot TV boards our super ipatch Wolf and.
Speaker 1: I should have the video.
Speaker 2: Jake Paul.
Speaker 1: How Jake Paul beat.
Speaker 5: Mike Tyson out now. Jake Paul's a silly person, very exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lucy, I'm Lucy James games everywhere on all your social media's. I I'm kind of done for the Oh, I haven't done my performance reviews. I am.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: I was on an email chain with Tam and I saw you reply to it like seven am when I woke up, and I was like, yeah, and somnia anyway, So I'll be doing my performance reviews and also moving house.
Speaker 2: Uh my name is Jeff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be around, hopefully staying healthy and having fun this holiday break. Follow me everywhere you're listening and watching, and I think we're gonna mean that we're gonna stream a little bit. We'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'm gonna stream a little bit. I'm on Twitch, I'm one. Yeah, stream at tomorrow h on Twitter as well, tomorrow dot com on blues Guy, that kind of stuff, and we'll see you again very soon. Happy holidays, have a good one.
Speaker 1: Thanks everyone, Bye, Happy holodies everyone. Jeff. Jeff's Bizarre Adventure is hosted by timor Hussein, Lucy James, John, Super Eye, Patch, Wolf Walsh, and me Jeff Backlar. Our post producer and editor is Jean Luke Sepke. Our logo is designed by Justin Vashon and Jesse O'Brien. Thanks so much for listening. Anim