Speaker 1: Another awesome coun in the books and who broke the Big Well.
Speaker 2: I'll be ready because it's does it's about to get weird. Be prepared for it to get weird. Things are gonna get weird. It's getting weird. I'm gonna get real weird with it. Let's get weird. Let's get it? Where? Where? Get Where? Are you ready to get weird with Hoodie and Eric? I'm ready list.
Speaker 1: Because you're listening to the two hundred and ninety episode of Let's Get Weird. My name is Eddy, and every week we come together give you the weird stories from our lives, the streets, the sheets, the ups, the downs, the all arounds, and your in us and sometimes Internet. We just have a good old time, you know, move fun time might be getting a burger.
Speaker 2: At that time.
Speaker 1: Maybe a place that only sells pizza, very rare even to borrow. Doesn't sell just pizza, yes they do, just old period to borrow, no likely to borrowselves more than pizza. You can get a strum bowli Oh you ring car like the pasta.
Speaker 2: He was always seeing you back in.
Speaker 1: They have a salad, but it's not the best it's been there for sitting all day. But it's okay for a minute. But hey, you know the fun parts of this podcast is we get lunch after and hopefully you get food after because you deserve a little snaky.
Speaker 2: A little snaky snack.
Speaker 1: Pro tip, put a little snacky in your car. No, get a non perishable for your car, just in case you're stuck on four ninety five and.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be too hot cold on that one.
Speaker 1: All those roads, you got a little snaky eight ninety five. You know what I'm saying, ohb speaking of a shout out. We having a funk opops the word hate Andrew And it sucks because right now I have one spot left on my wall right there, and then that's it. We're done. What do you mean you will have one? I'm not sacking at any higher it's above iron Man and that's it.
Speaker 2: Are you serious? I go all the way to the sea.
Speaker 1: Little baby. We're not turning into you. That's right.
Speaker 2: That hurts.
Speaker 1: Found out you bought mowanam Pops.
Speaker 2: No, they are from Exity, out of the box, out of the box, and they're in his room on his nightstand. He want because he saw Muana to which I still haven't seen yet. Which says is actually really good. It's also on Disney Plus and I need to check it out. And little Man wanted to move on to two Pops. It's Maui with the hook thing the thing, and then it's Muana with her sister sister which I thought was her daughter, but I haven't seen the second one, so I don't know who get Yeah, and I almost watched it the other night, but Max didn't want to watch it.
Speaker 1: A little You could watch it by yourself, a grown man watching Molana by himself. That's okay, that's okay, my god.
Speaker 2: Yesterday I fought up the whole season three of Righteous.
Speaker 1: Gemstones, Baby Billy's Bible Bankers, Baby.
Speaker 2: Billy's Bible Bonkers is on the way, brother.
Speaker 1: I'll get your T shirt for that for your birthday.
Speaker 2: That play a Locus spoiler. It was kind of interesting, oh, for the end of that season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. That's that show is very like it's Zany already, but then usually it's fit. What do you do with the zipper down there? Reaching in there? You heard you were like zipping, you were just reaching in there. Okay, well, but back to that show, the finales they kind of go wacky. Yeah, and then like the Locust, things like what last season?
Speaker 2: What's going on here?
Speaker 1: And they don't address it.
Speaker 2: All this happens and then and then it's all right.
Speaker 1: The show is done now like the season. The season. The last episode was last week.
Speaker 2: So season four is a series finale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Last of Us and Hacks comes out this week. Hacks is the one that keeps winning all those Emmy Awards. I forget who was the actress.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna watch that. I'm still not gonna watch Last of Us at Jeane Smart?
Speaker 1: Isn't it this lady? Oh, you've seen her and stuff.
Speaker 2: I've seen her.
Speaker 1: I think Last of Us is is good. It's real good. It is. I personally think, did you get burned on Walking Dead? Back in the day, I never watched Walking Dead? I think for me, who was a person? And obviously I I just played I knew of the game. Obviously I just played the first one right like five months ago. And wait until next week when the game goes on sale for the show for the second one.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It is a better zombie infected story than Walking In. It's more streamlined, whereas Walking Down is yours hanging out, You're like, let's go, let's keep it moving. It's an HBO formula.
Speaker 2: No, because I think the shows that were on TV specifically, they could drag longer because they wanted his twenty episode exactly, and they wanted to keep people's attention longer because the AD revenue.
Speaker 1: That's why too, where I am bad notorious for ads ten every five minutes or exactly.
Speaker 2: So then when you streamline it to a streaming service now where I've already got you hooked for nine, ten, twelve dollars a month, I don't need to worry about making it as long elongated. Yeah, Like it doesn't make any sense why you do that? Well, Also, I don't like ads in my streaming services. So when it happened randomly Netflix, because I were here's the thing Netflix tricks you of like, oh you have ad like you don't have AD free, but we're not gonna show ads until randomly, And when it's like here's an ad.
Speaker 1: Like what the hell? It just pops like this. I'm watching Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous, which is pretty good. Actually no ads have popped up on that show. But then when we watch is it cake ads every every five minutes on that show doesn't make sense at all.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make it actually makes a lot of sense. Think about it. It's a kids show on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Is it cake?
Speaker 2: Is it cake? Is it generic? It's a cake show where everyone's gonna be watching it because it's trending national.
Speaker 1: But also the Residents and the Crown, which we're watching now didn't have ads at all. It only showed an ad when he paused it, like it would be like in the background.
Speaker 2: But look at But that's also those were those have already been done, right, the residence was new new, But were there dramatic pauses where you could put yeah, yeah, they do that all the time and yeah commercial.
Speaker 1: And you can kind of tell actually because sometimes Netflix like it'll it'll get tricked because it'll be like this is where you go to add but doesn't and there's a little bit of like a jutter, like have a micro second like, oh, that's where an ad probably would have gone right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still I still add free.
Speaker 1: Well, good for you.
Speaker 2: I should stop the can I can I ask you a question and you can say were gonna talk about this in the podcast? But being how everyone was telling me their drama and their gossip. One of our coworkers was talking about how she was looking up with a guy the other day and he had a micro and all I'm thinking about is micro.
Speaker 1: You got micros on the mine. It's like, see, this is why I'm glad we're getting this out the way. So when I have to send an air check of the thing we're going to talk about today, I could send that separately to we're talking about right now.
Speaker 2: Cut this out if you want to care.
Speaker 1: I don't care, but like, it's weird, baby.
Speaker 2: It's so weird. Why would you tell me this now? I'm thinking about this poor guy in his micro.
Speaker 1: Wait, so she was telling you that he has one, or she's worried he has no.
Speaker 2: He she he has one. She went to go down to do stuff and there was nothing there.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter what you got, matter how you use it.
Speaker 2: Baby, he couldn't even she couldn't even find it.
Speaker 1: It just matters if you have a good time. I don't know how, I mean, how it happened.
Speaker 2: Is that real?
Speaker 1: Genetics? I don't know?
Speaker 2: But are those real?
Speaker 1: I mean I think so. I don't haven't seen one in the wild. I either got to tell you, I'm probably not gonna see one in the wild unless it pops up on HBO game with throats or righteous Jempstones.
Speaker 2: Three with a lot of male nudity.
Speaker 1: HBO is a compensate. I think the AGBO is like, hey, we're sorry for the two thousands when it was all female nudity, and now he was all male fronta male wang. Ever, that's okay, you know normalized? Is it normalized a micro? As a micro?
Speaker 2: I just don't know what you do with that, Like, how do you even live.
Speaker 1: Your life proudly? I don't know. It didn't affect you in the day to day? You sure, I don't think so, how would it in the day to day?
Speaker 2: Go to the bathroom? If it doesn't pop out.
Speaker 1: You can sit down. It's even better take your time on TikTok, Dude.
Speaker 2: If I sit down and watching TikTok.
Speaker 1: Pame, it's just going in twenty.
Speaker 2: Minutes of like just sitting there on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Word about you or is that good for you?
Speaker 2: I G reels are so bad.
Speaker 1: No, no, old man, not I G reels.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of porn on I G for me.
Speaker 1: They shouldn't be.
Speaker 2: It was a lot like porno like set up dumb porn things and then TikTok is just stupid tiktoks or I send you all of them that you don't like.
Speaker 1: I talked to them. I like talking to people in person about them. It's I being like, haha, me like, let me just talk to you in person.
Speaker 2: Wait, speaking of going to maybe shakeshack, should we pull trig and go to uh the Chick fil a little blue menu place?
Speaker 1: You can't? It's cold today? Oh yeah, Michael, never thank Yeah, it's a warm day.
Speaker 2: It is a windy.
Speaker 1: It was eighty last week and it said.
Speaker 2: Thirty out wind is a whipping but speaking, yeah, go for it.
Speaker 1: Of good times. Great last weekend, Yes, last weekend. Let's talk about it again asme Con twenty twenty five officially in the books. Yes, happened in DC. We survived it, We did. Eric only had to spend two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: No, he only spent sixty plus forty was one hundred and ten twenty oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And then he hung out and played video games. Didn't tell me about the video games. I saw your stories.
Speaker 2: Where were the video games?
Speaker 1: Uh, mariocart oh on the way out, didn't even tell who he was there. Wody could have played that by himself.
Speaker 2: No, you didn't see on the way out, man, dude, it was right.
Speaker 1: There, focused on the main floor. So if in case you don't know, awesome con, it's the nerdy comic con convention happens every year. There's a bunch of them in the DMV, but this is kind of the main event. We like to say it's it's the WrestleMania of the conventions in this area. Yes, I started Friday, I went through Sunday. Eric and Max joined me on Saturday. We did, I say right when it opened it thank you. It is at the Wall three Commit Center.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sue. It was a great time. Max had a lot of fun. He loves going. He really does actually appreciate it. I think he loves just seeing everything. It still is a lot of overload for his eight year old ass.
Speaker 1: But it was funny because Max was kind of we let him guide us to an agree, which I think he liked. I think he definitely liked it, being like, no, we're going here, you have to do it. But wherever Max would go, there'd be like three like eight year olds or younger around his same height, in the same area looking at the same things. He was like, yeah, they max guy's finger on the.
Speaker 2: Pulse because right now he is binging or watching One Piece on the animated series on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they put on Netflix and.
Speaker 2: Apparently there's like two thousand episodes. It's still going, baby, but apparently it ends this August. Maybe that's what he was saying to me.
Speaker 1: From all of his you to watch them all, So watch live.
Speaker 2: Right because he wants to watch because apparently the last one ends in his birthdays in August, and so he's a little upset about One Piece ending.
Speaker 1: But they can watch the live action one.
Speaker 2: I don't, but they just watched all those episodes.
Speaker 1: A yeah, but then they kind of put it's like the Avatar one. They put it. It's a little bit of different perspective. Slash throw them a one piece birthday party. I'm surprised you didn't buy him a loofy hat. He didn't want. They were selling one, but he did. The sword that he bought apparently is a sword. The wooden sword is a life is a is a one piece member. I forgot the guy's name, Emma.
Speaker 2: The sword is called Emma, and so he uh, he bought that and then uh, he had a yeah, Zoro's. Zoro's sword is called Emma and apparently one of the fast one of the versions of that sword. It cut down a mountain or something. I don't know, Yes, broke, but we had a lot of fun. We appreciate awesome con. Can't wait till next year. And you said next year it's going to be Saint Patrick's.
Speaker 1: A Weeketrick the weekend maybe so we go to Austin. Well, we go to Austin Con and then we celebrate going to Austin Con.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a tough pull for me that that weekend because apparently my I just saw my one of my good friends Aaron the other day, and my niece is going to go to South Carolina. South Carolina be a game cock, and apparently that is a crazy time of the year to go to South Carolina, to go to Columbus, to go party and be Irish in South Carolina. So I might have to be going to that.
Speaker 1: So next year, my need to start working on your Irish accent.
Speaker 2: Well, you never know, there the top of them marting there, how are you at the Irish? Look at the awesome con? Had a great time. But back to Austin con it was fun, it was great. It did feel like there was a little less vendors, which was added more space to walk through, which was nice to w But last year I feel like Max was super overloaded with all the stuff, all the vendors to buy things, which thank you guys for not having too many because I didn't have to break the bank.
Speaker 1: That's true. Which it is funny too because like I iconography, I remembered certain vendors that are there from the previous year. I'm like, oh, like great, they're here. Great, And then like the same guy's still working it. Good for him, he's still in business, you know.
Speaker 2: Like right, because there was a guy that we saw last year, two years ago that Max bought the little Pokemon keychain cards off of still there. He's still there this year, which is great. We may have circumvented that one because I didn't want to buy did don't want to buy any more of those little bit car key chains because his backpack is covered in keychains, because that's what the things these kids do nowadays is have key chains on their backpacks and they make them super heavy. My dad yells at me, he's like this back back up to heavy.
Speaker 1: You know when Max, when Max is coming in from school, you're like, oh there is oh you can hear.
Speaker 2: It come for a mile away. There's Chin Changeling ching changing Ding tanning. But yes, I did, Yes, we did see a lot of of the return vendors and a lot of the Star Wars peeps that that troop whatever.
Speaker 1: It was, Oh, the Fible first Legion, Star Wars and Ghostbusters people from Pennsylvania and Chesapeake or.
Speaker 2: Chesseasepe that's right, Chesaseake Ghostbusters. They were pretty dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had It was also kind of a good mix of like hiious cosplayers and vendors and then obviously like artists, like it was cool. I walked past Timothy's on now Yeah cool he and he's created thrown if you like Star Wars, and we.
Speaker 2: Talked what caught walked by the guy who created teenage meaning turtles.
Speaker 1: That's cool. He was cool too.
Speaker 2: He had a great line.
Speaker 1: And then it is funny because like Pokemon cards, I found Pokemon cards. But it is a pro tip for conventions. You always want to go in between vendors. Don't buy it immediately because like you originally Max was looking for a storm breaker. You didn't buy that because one vendor had it for like eighty bucks, the other vendor had it for like six six bucks. Yeah, obviously maxt and get it because you got the sword instead. But you never know, And it could be just whether card is.
Speaker 2: A little bit just off centered.
Speaker 1: It could be a lot cheaper, it could be a lot more expensive, depends, right.
Speaker 2: But but when you bought those cards, did you care about that stuff or you're just gonna have them for your personal to a degree, like when I buy like cards, it's not a lot.
Speaker 1: This was just like awesothing. Cool to buy it some technically local I guess was I want them to look as nice as they can, but they don't have to. I'm not going to break the bank to buy them, like I want to be near Mint, but I'm not paying a thousand dollars. Because there was a squirrel and a mewtwo, but they was two hundred dollars each. I was like Ah with his first edition. One of them was great and the other one was a first edition. Yeah, so Friday I was more. And the whole preface I think we talked about in this last week was I was going to preview why I wanted to buy so though way Moore didn't see it. So the squirrel card I had in my hand, I was looking at it more gave me the non but it wasn't it was is that nine? Like she said yes, but she really prefer I didn't buy it. And then I so saw something else was wrong with the card and I put it back. And it's like that was the sign saying not to buy that, but more like the little vendors and buying like the cool jewelry and stuff, and it's always cool. We'd like to see like you do nerdy jewelry or pizza jewelry and all that stuff. So she had fun. They went a little date night there. There's a ghost Burger was right by convention cer which is great. That's gelato, that was great. Dud metro ride our actually uber ride was told bucks. I appreciate that. Thank you to living in Arlington now. And then yeah, Saturday was fun. It was interesting. I think what happens with certain conventions. I think a lot of people playing around these is and we just go to Austin concas here every year. Is depends what celebrities are there. Last year was super packed. I think because Star Wars actors and Charlie Cox who Daredevil was there as well. And this is I think Born Again had gotten announced, but I think it was filming or something and they had Han Kerson, Rosario Dawson. So like the lines for that were packed at the Wazoo this year, as far as our perspective, didn't look too bad. Maybe they got that handled. But yeah, it was a good year overall and didn't break the bank.
Speaker 2: And one of our coworkers did. We never asked him how he went meet Orlando Bloom.
Speaker 1: Did he ask him? After this?
Speaker 2: We should have ask him, but he him and his wife went to go meet Orlando Bloom. And I would have I would have loved to meet Orlando Bloom. I just i'd had the kid and I know he wasn't. I mean, after walking up another thing, what four times? Match was done?
Speaker 1: Well, that's the fun part about a con is you don't realize how many steps you walked at the end. And by the time I left the convention, thirteen thousand steps just on Saturday A lone. Wow, that's just us going up and down, up, down, all around.
Speaker 2: We didn't nine But then I left it on and I drove half a mile, So then it was like, oh, you've got half a mile. Oh wait.
Speaker 1: This off. We'll get there. We'll get there, we will. But overall, austome con well way through time.
Speaker 2: Go to it.
Speaker 1: We have fun every year, and we'll probably be there next year. We will be in some capacity, most likely buying things as well buying things.
Speaker 2: Let's connection.
Speaker 1: This is where we staying local. Read actual misconnections from Washington, DC dot crisis dot org slash mi. I s see who's freeing here? Is it DC? Is it Maryland? Or is it Virginia? Virgin and uh it feels like Virginia as has been freaking it's been for year, you know, with Awesome Time over the weekend, we might get some fun little misconnections here because Awesome Con was technically the fourth and fifth we're to go to dates there right now? It is one. We'll go save that one, all right, we'll do You said two cats were better than one. I so much want to be good to two cats, just once I know how to make them per Will you help? This is in DC, the district, you know, near Chill.
Speaker 2: You've done that?
Speaker 1: Two cats?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sunday snacker Northern.
Speaker 1: Virginia Sunday snacker. No hope, there we go.
Speaker 2: Hello, white male thirties. You're looking for a snack or something delicious today? Any ladies interested?
Speaker 1: It's in Springfield by that movie theater. You know what I'm talking about? Uh oh? Nerek seas one bored at Hotel Tyson's Corner in town on business and looking for other bored guys for something to do. I'm on Leesburg Pipe. I'm five fifty four years fifty four years old. I was like, I'm five four years old.
Speaker 2: In between that, that's weird, you know, thumbs a four years old typing away? What about looking for Cassandra and bort Hotel Cassandra, we met each other at Starbucks and Beltsville. Looking to talk to you again. Please contact me if you see this ooh right outside Laurel Starbucks in Beltsville.
Speaker 1: Get it, Get it girl, you know, get it. Let's do cosmic escapades. Female within a mile Logan Circle Park. Her phone number. Life is like a very long TV show without a remote control.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have to call one of these phone numbers one time.
Speaker 1: We have to can we legally?
Speaker 2: That is the song? Yeah, we can legally call them. We're not calling it through the thing. I think we just call it off the air and see what happens. No escapades. I don't know if it's a vide Okay, all right, I'm doing that one next. All right, yeah, you are doing that one. Spring fun, sing fun, smart outgoing fifty fifty eight year old MBM living in them in the DMV.
Speaker 1: And looking for Now we've done this one. He wants to try for more news. Oh darn it, you lose met up at Mason in fairfaxt God, I'm looking for the guy met up with that abiliting on Mason's campus. We messaged on whole Hunter and kick. If this is you, kick me, maybe we can meet again. You know you got the look up right now? What the hell is whole Hunter? All right? You will look at? Is that a glory whole website you think? Or just like a sex website? Hold onter, we're learning hunter. They'll break your phone nearby glory holes and uh cruising ground, cruising ground, cruising ground, cruising ground.
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Here, Oh there's one at the LA Fitness. There's one. Ask.
Speaker 1: Cruising grounds can refer to either maritime area suitable for sailing or in a different contacts public places where people go to seek sexual encounters.
Speaker 2: There's one of the dicks.
Speaker 1: It's man. That website looks like whunter dot comference.
Speaker 2: It should we send this to John, but like, hey budd, if you're interested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should send it tohim right now? Oh my god, thanks to the least. That's get weird. We know where you can go exactly, and that's what you think. Can you find out here?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Let's get weird? All right? Do you want to do that one?
Speaker 2: Which one? This one? All right? Yeah? Sure?
Speaker 1: What I Oh my god? Maybe just read the first paragraph and the lots paragraph, all right?
Speaker 2: Gay Freddy Springfield Metro Podspot, lois Dale Road Lord Motel six, Springfield Boulevard, Hometown Grill and Bar, Silverback Road, State Liquor Store, Fulton Road. Any info that leads to the recovery will will will earlier around three pm ish from Lows Transit Station Bus eleven. I lost my wall in the back of the bus. I could care less about the money.
Speaker 1: To do what this person was.
Speaker 2: Career nanny is available a SAP I'm seeking on everyday weekend heading out Sunday morning early I'm a laid, black, middle aged dude with a big, comfy SUV with plenty of space. Maybe with plenty of space would be nice to share the cost of gas guzzlers with a non smoker, h less gender irrelevant. My music tastes are electric.
Speaker 1: You will, you will, you will get all right. That's in Lloyds, Delle, rowdand Lorton.
Speaker 2: What the heck is that hoodie a weird one?
Speaker 1: Yeah it is, but you know sometimes we even get stumped here. Let's get weird. But we love hanging out with you. Do us do us a favor if you can leave us over you on your podcast service of choice. Just say what you like about the podcast, what you want us to do. Do you want more misconnections? Do you want us to play more games? Let us know. Also, dm us at Andrew Hoodie with the y at, mister Eric V. That's m R E R I c k V. Have a great week. I always remember it's okay to be weird and sexy.
Speaker 2: It got weird, didn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah,