Speaker 1: Have you ever been deep in Minecraft, maybe building something amazing and just thought, man, I wish this worked differently.
Speaker 2: Oh, definitely, like wanting a custom command, or maybe changing how blocks.
Speaker 1: Behave exactly Like, would it be cool to type one thing and have I don't know, a whole army pop up, or maybe make every block you touch turn to gold.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Taking that world you know so well and then getting the power to actually tweak the rules with code. Well, it's literally a game changer.
Speaker 1: It really is. And that's that's pretty much what this deep dive is all about. Today. We've been looking at this beginner's guide that focuses specifically on using Java programming to make those custom Minecraft mods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, think of this as a bit of a shortcut. We're aiming to unpack the core bits of Java you really need and show how they plug directly into making your own mods, you know, going from just playing the game to actually shaping it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's start right at the beginning. Why Java? Why is that the language for Minecraft?
Speaker 2: Well, the source material is pretty clear on this. Minecraft itself is built using Java, so it just makes sense. It's the native tongue, if you will. And importantly, the guide really emphasizes that it's not some super scary, impossible language to pick up, especially just for modding basics.
Speaker 1: That's encouraging. So what tools do you actually need to get going?
Speaker 2: It's surprisingly accessible really. First you need the Java development kit, the cord Java stuff itself, it's free.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Then you need a place to write the code. The guide recommends net beans. That beans right, Yeah, it's an ID and integrated development environment, basically a smart text editor for code. Also free.
Speaker 1: So Java net beans. Huh what else do you need? The game? Ah?
Speaker 2: Yes, you definitely need the actual Minecraft game client, specifically, the guide mentions the Windows or mac os versions. That's the paid part around twenty seven dollars currently.
Speaker 1: And that's where you'll actually see your mod in action.
Speaker 2: Well, you need one more piece for testing, according to the guide, a Minecraft server you set up, usually on your own machine, to start your own little test world exactly. Your mod runs on the server, and then you connect to that server with your regular Minecraft game client using the multiplayer option. That whole setup is your development and testing playground.
Speaker 1: Okay, setup complete, Now let's crack open NetBeans. You've got this software. Yeah, where do you even click? First.
Speaker 2: Right, So in NetBeans, you typically start by creating a new project.
Speaker 1: A project like a folder for the mod pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it holds all the files related to that specific mod you're building. And inside that project, you create a new Java class file, and the.
Speaker 1: Class file is where the actual instructions go.
Speaker 2: It's it. It's like a blueprint. You write your Java code, your instructions inside that class file.
Speaker 1: Now, for the program to actually well run, it needs a specific starting point, doesn't it like computers start here exactly?
Speaker 2: Every standalone Java program that you can just run needs a special method called main. Okay, that's the entry point. When you hit run, the java is looks for that main method first and starts executing the code inside it.
Speaker 1: The guide had that classic first example, right. The im spartakan is one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you type one line of code inside Maine something like system out dot printle nimspartacus. You run it in net Beans.
Speaker 1: And bam, it appears in the output window.
Speaker 2: Yep, your first little piece of running code. It's a good feeling, But coding.
Speaker 1: Isn't always smooth sailing. What about mistakes? Typos?
Speaker 2: Ah? Yes, errors. The guide jumps right into that. It's just good. It shows how NetBeans helps you out immediately how so well, say you forget a semicolon at the end of a line, which is easy to do. Net Beans will often put a little red squiggle under it or show an error.
Speaker 1: Icon like spell check for code.
Speaker 2: Kind of yeah, it gives you instant feedback telling you, hey, something's not quite right here. It really helps catch simple mistakes early.
Speaker 1: That sounds super useful for beginners. The guide also mentioned comments lines that aren't actually right.
Speaker 2: Comments you start them with for a single line, or wrap a block with an NM, and.
Speaker 1: The computer just ignores them.
Speaker 2: Completely ignores them when running the program. But they're absolutely vital for humans for understanding what you wrote later exactly, or for someone else reading your code. They're like little notes explaining why you did something or what a particular section of code is trying to achieve. Essential for anything complex.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we can run a basic instruction, but mods need to remember things right, like a player's name or coordinates, or maybe how much health a mob has. How does Java handle that?
Speaker 2: That's where variables come in. You can think of variables as named containers, like little labeled boxes in the computer's memory.
Speaker 1: Boxes to store information precisely.
Speaker 2: You put pieces of data into these boxes so you can use them later in your mod.
Speaker 1: And these boxes hold different kinds of information.
Speaker 2: Yes, very important variables have types for Minecraft moding. The guide highlights a few key ones. You'll use a lot like well, is a big one. That's for whole numbers, think coordinates xyz or counting items.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that. Okay, in for whole numbers.
Speaker 2: Then there's string note the capital s. That's for storing text, player names, messages you want to show in chat command words like stone or diamond.
Speaker 1: So inf counts string for text. Makes sense.
Speaker 2: The guide also mentions float and double for numbers with decimal points maybe for precise positions or something, and char for just a single character. But honestly, int and string will get you very far when you're starting out with mods.
Speaker 1: How do you like create one of these variable boxes?
Speaker 2: You declare it. You see the type, then the name you want to give it. So int player score creates an integer variable named.
Speaker 1: Player score, and putting a value in it.
Speaker 2: You use the equal sign. That's the assignment operator. So player score equals one hundred, puts the value one hundred into that box.
Speaker 1: The guide also showed some shortcuts, didn't.
Speaker 2: It, Like plus Yeah, player score plus ten is shorthand for player score player score plus ten and plus plus act like player score plus plus ac just adds one very common, saves a bit of typing.
Speaker 1: Are the rules for naming these variables A few simple ones.
Speaker 2: They are case sensitive, so player score is different from player score. Okay, no spaces or punctuation usually allowed in the name, and you can't use java's reserve words words like public class INNT if those already have special meanings.
Speaker 1: Got it. So variables hold the data, What about doing things with that data?
Speaker 2: Calculations, right, That's where expressions and operators come in. You use operators like plus for addition, for subtraction, for a multiplication.
Speaker 1: For division, just like basic math.
Speaker 2: Pretty much in total score at score one plus score two adds two scores together. The guide mentions operator precedence like multiplication happens before addition, and this exactly. But you can always use parentheses to control the order, just like in math class to make sure things calculate the way you intend.
Speaker 1: And once you've done a calculation, or you just want to display some text, how do you show that to the user or maybe in the serverlog.
Speaker 2: The most fundamental way in Java is using system dot out dot print allen.
Speaker 1: System dot out dot print allen. Bit of a.
Speaker 2: Mouthful, it is, but you get used to it. Whatever you put inside the parentheses gets printed out, usually to the NetBeans output window or the Micraft server console. When you're moddling like.
Speaker 1: That example, alphae has been killed by a magma cube.
Speaker 2: Huh huh, yeah, that memorable one, that exact text would appear. There's also system dot out dot print, which does the same thing, but doesn't automatically start a new line afterwards.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we can store info, do math, print stuff out. But real programs need to make decisions, don't they Like if the player does X, then do HY or repeat tasks.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's control flow. You need ways to control which lines of code execute and when. Conditional statements and loops are the pills for that.
Speaker 1: Conditionals first making choices.
Speaker 2: The simplest is the if statement. You give it a condition something that's either true or false. If it's true, the code inside the if block runs. If not, it's skipped.
Speaker 1: So if player has enough gold, then run the code to give them the item exactly.
Speaker 2: Then you've got if else. This gives you two paths. If the condition is true, do the if part. If it falls else, do the else part. Plan A, plan B. The guide also mentioned the switch statement. That's useful when you have one value and you want to do different things based on several possible specific values. It could have like checking an item type and doing something different for a sword, an ax, or a pick axe.
Speaker 1: Okay, decisions covered. What about doing things repeatedly?
Speaker 2: Loops essential for so many modding tasks. Imagine placing blocks in a line or checking every slot in a chest. You need loops.
Speaker 1: The fore loop is one, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: The fore loop is often used when you know roughly how many times you need to repeat something. You typically set up a counter, tell it when to stop and how to increment.
Speaker 1: Like for I from zero to nine place.
Speaker 2: A block perfect example. Then there's the wil loop. It's different. It keeps looping as long as a condition stays true.
Speaker 1: More like while the button is held down, keep doing this exactly.
Speaker 2: The condition is checked before each loop iteration. The guide also mentions do while, which is similar, but the check happens after the code runs, so it always runs at least.
Speaker 1: Once, and sometimes you need to stop a loop early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the break statement lets you jump out of a loop immediately. If you're searching through a list and find the item you need on the third try, you can just break out instead of checking the other one hundred items.
Speaker 1: So if else switch for a while. Those are the core control tools.
Speaker 2: There really are. Mastering those lets you build the actual logic into your mod.
Speaker 1: Now, we talked about variables for single pieces of info, but what if you have like a whole bunch of things, say all the players online or a list of block coordinates for a structure, Making a separate variable for each seems inefficient, Totally inefficient.
Speaker 2: That's where arrays save the day. An array is a special kind of variable that holds a collection of items a list, basically kind of but with a key restriction. All items in a single array must be the same type. So you can have an array of vents or an array of string, but not a mix in one standard array.
Speaker 1: So an inter ray could hold all the y coordinates for a tower exactly.
Speaker 2: You create an array and specify its size upfront, like in chords equals new Inn fifty, it creates an array that can hold exactly fifty integers fixed size. Huh yep. That's a key characteristic of basic arrays. Each slot in the array is called an element, and you access them using an index.
Speaker 1: Number, and the index starts at zero.
Speaker 2: Always zero in Java. So the first element is an index zero, the second at index one up to index forty nine. In our fifty element array that.
Speaker 1: Reindeer names example in the guide really drove that fixedisz point home made an array for eight reindeers.
Speaker 2: And then poor Rudolph couldn't fit because the array was full there was no index eight.
Speaker 1: Right. How do you know how big an array is once you have it.
Speaker 2: Arrays have a handy length property, so ycords dot length would give you fifty.
Speaker 1: And what happens if you mess up and try to access say index fifty in that fifty element array.
Speaker 2: Boom, Well not quite boom, but your program will likely stop and throw an array index out of bounds.
Speaker 1: Exception an exception like an error.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's job as a way of saying you tried to access a part of the array that doesn't exist. The guide points out the specific exception usually means there's a flaw in your.
Speaker 1: Code logic something you need to fix. In the code itself, not just handle during runtime.
Speaker 2: Generally, yes, you should fix your loop or your index calculations so it doesn't try to go out of bounds. Arrays are fundamental, but the guide also briefly mentions other collection types, things like a ray list. It's more flexible, like a list that can grow or shrink as needed, much more convenient than fixed size arrays sometimes, and hash map, which is great for storing key value pair.
Speaker 1: KEYWTE like looking up a word in a dictionary.
Speaker 2: Exactly, you store something using a unique key like a player's name, a string and associate it with a value like their score an end. Then you can quickly retrieve the value just by knowing the key. Very useful structure.
Speaker 1: Okay, arrays and collections for handling groups of data. Now let's just step back a bit. The guide talks about a really big concept, object oriented programming.
Speaker 2: Op ah yes, oh ohp. It's a whole way of thinking about structuring your programs, and it's fundamental to Java and by extension, to Minecraft modding with things like spigot.
Speaker 1: So what does object oriented actually mean in this context?
Speaker 2: It means you design your program around objects. Think of objects as representations of well things. They could be real world things like a player, a wolf, a block, or more abstract things like a game rule or a server event.
Speaker 1: And what makes something an object? In code?
Speaker 2: Two main things to find an object. First, it has data associated with it, attributes or properties think variables, but belonging to that object. Second, it has behavior things that can do. These are called methods.
Speaker 1: Okay, So back to that zombie idea earlier.
Speaker 2: Perfect a zombie object would have attributes like health, maybe an int, location, maybe a location object is baby, a true false, a boolean that's the data right, and its behavior. It's methods would be things like attack player, target, move towards location, destination, take damage into mounts.
Speaker 1: So an object bundles is data and its actions.
Speaker 2: Together exactly the guide use a virus example, I think with attributes like identify an author, same principle, and a key part of OKP is controlling access to that data.
Speaker 1: The public and private stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can mark attributes and methods as public meaning any part of your code can access them directly, or private meaning only the code inside that same object's class can access them.
Speaker 1: Why make things private?
Speaker 2: It's about encapsulation, protecting the object's internal state. Usually you keep the data health, etc. Private and provide public methods get health, set health to interact with it in a controlled way. It makes your code more robust and easier to manage.
Speaker 1: And methods can give back results you.
Speaker 2: Said yep using the return keyword. A method like get health would return the current value of the private health variable. A method that just performs an action like attack might not return anything. Its return type would be void.
Speaker 1: Okay, Then there were static methods. Those felt a bit different.
Speaker 2: They are a bit different. Remember, the class is the blueprint, and objects are the things made from the blueprint. Right, Normal methods belong to the objects. Static methods belong to the class itself, the blueprint. You don't need a specific object instance to use them.
Speaker 1: Like that integer dot parsing example, converting text to a.
Speaker 2: Number exactly, you don't need an integer object. You just call the method directly on the integer class integer parcent one, two three. They're often used for utility functions that don't depend on the state of a particular object.
Speaker 1: And making a new object, like a new zombie in the game that uses the new keyword.
Speaker 2: Correct zombie, My zombie equals new zombie When you use new a special method called a constructor gets called.
Speaker 1: Automatically a constructor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a method with the same name as the class zombie, and its job is to initialize the new object, set up its initial state, give its attributes starting values.
Speaker 1: Cool. The guide also covered inheritance using extends.
Speaker 2: That sounds important, Oh, it's huge In Java and Minecraft. Inheritance is how you create classes that are based on other classes. You make a new class, the subclass or child that automatically gets all the non private attributes and methods from an existing class.
Speaker 1: The superclass reparent like a family tree for code.
Speaker 2: Kind of. So in Minecraft you might have a monster class that extends living entity, which extends entity. This means your monster automatically knows how to do everything an entity can like exist in the world at a location, and everything a living entity can like have health, take damage, plus any specific monster things you add, so you.
Speaker 1: Don't have to rewrite all that basic entity stuff every time exactly.
Speaker 2: It promotes code reuse and creates a logical hierarchy. Java itself has a base object class that everything ultimately inherits from.
Speaker 1: Okay, that op structure makes sense, but what happens when things just go wrong while the program is running, not a typo that net Beans catches, but like unexpect.
Speaker 2: Situations right run time problems, that's where exceptions come in. The guide described them as exceptional circumstances. The program hits a situation it wasn't necessarily designed to handle smoothly at that exact point, like.
Speaker 1: The user typing text when you expected a number.
Speaker 2: That's the classic example the new calculator, and the guide showed this perfectly. If your code tries to use integer dot parsin on the text hello, that's going to cause a problem. It would crash unless you handle the exception. Java lets you anticipate these problems using a tricatch block.
Speaker 1: How does that work?
Speaker 2: You put the code that might cause an exception, the risky code like integer dot parse end user input inside a tryblock. Immediately after it, you put a catch block. The catch block specifies the type of exception it's designed to handle, like number format exception.
Speaker 1: So if that specific error happens inside.
Speaker 2: Try, the program immediately jumps to the catch block for number format exception and runs the code inside that block instead of crashing. Do you Calculator example, use this to print a nice message like, Hey, that wasn't a number instead of just dying, that's much better. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The guide also mentioned other exceptions like that array index out of bounds exception again and null pointer exception.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Null pointer exception happens when you try to use a variable that hasn't been initialized to point to an actual objecto null pointing to nothing.
Speaker 1: And the guide said you shouldn't always try to catch those.
Speaker 2: It made the point that exceptions like array index outbounds or null pointer often signal a fundamental logic error in your code. While you could technically catch them, it's usually better practice to fix the underlying code flaw that's causing them, rather than trying to patch over it with a catch block. Prevent the error rather than just reacting to it.
Speaker 1: Got it, fix the bug. Okay, we've chewed through a lot of core Java there. The guide also glanced at a couple of slightly more advanced topics.
Speaker 2: Just briefly. One was threads. Threads are a way to make your program do multiple things seemingly at the same time, like multitasking. Much The prime Finder example showed this one part of the code. One thread could be doing heavy calculations while another thread updates the user interface or progress bar, keeping things responsive.
Speaker 1: Useful for long tasks in a mod maybe could be.
Speaker 2: And the other thing was file io input output, reading and writing files exactly using Java's built in libraries to read data from files like loading mod settings, or write data to files like saving player progress or configuration. The configurat example showed writing simple key value pairs like username max to a dot properties file. It involves concepts like data streams and remembering to close the file connection when you're done.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, that's a lot of Java. Now the payoff. How does all this variables, loops, objects, exceptions actually let you make a Minecraft mod using something like spiggot, which the guide mentioned right.
Speaker 2: This is where it connects. Spigot is a popular modified Minecraft server software that provides an API, a set of two tools and interfaces for mod developers. Your mod is essentially a Java program that plugs into spigot.
Speaker 1: So how does a basic mod look?
Speaker 2: Your main mod class will typically extend a class provided by Spigot, usually Java plug in. This hooks your code into the server's life cycle.
Speaker 1: And making it do something when a player types a command like petwolf.
Speaker 2: That's a core feature you override a specific method in your main class called on command.
Speaker 1: Override, meaning you provide your own version exactly.
Speaker 2: Spigott calls your on command method. Whenever a player uses a command associated with your mod. Spigott gives your method information like who sent the command, what the command was, and any arguments typed after it.
Speaker 1: So insight on command, you'd check if the command was.
Speaker 2: Petwolf yep, and the guide stressed. You should also check if the sender was actually a player, because sometimes bands might come from the server console itself, which can't own a wolf.
Speaker 1: Good point, and the petwolf example used that on a command to what spawn a wolf?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's code running inside on command would use Pigott's a p I calls to get the player's location, spawn a wolf entity there, set its color to pink, and then set the player who typed the command as the wolf's owner.
Speaker 1: Cool. But how does Spigotto that petwolf belongs to your mod in the first place?
Speaker 2: Ah configuration, you need a special file called plug in dot eml. It's a simple text file you bundle with your mod.
Speaker 1: What goes in it?
Speaker 2: Basic info, your mod's name, the author, the main Java class that Spigot should load your dot package dot main class and crucially a commands section. There you define petwolf, give it a description, and make some usage instructions. That file tells spiggot, hey I exist and I handle these commands.
Speaker 1: Okay, And what if the command has arguments like transmute stone diamond, how do you get stone in diamond.
Speaker 2: Those words come into your own command method as an array of string arguments. Your code would look at that array. Index zero zero would be stone, index one would be diamond.
Speaker 1: And then you use those strings. Right.
Speaker 2: The guide showed how spigot provides methods like material dot get material. You pass it the string stone and it gives you back the actual material object representing stone in the game. The transmuter mod would use this to figure out the from material and the two material based on player input.
Speaker 1: This leads into actually interacting with the game world, mobs blocks the environment itself. That feels like the real heart of modding.
Speaker 2: It really is all those Java object concepts applied directly.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: You get references to game objects, living entities, zombie player block, and then you use their methods. So for mobs you can use methods like world dot spawn to create new ones or get an existing mob object and call methods on it to change its properties, set its age, apply potion effects. The guide mentioned making one mob ride another using set passenger lots of possibilities.
Speaker 1: But mods don't just react to commands. What about reacting to things happening in the game, like a player mining a block or a creeper exploding.
Speaker 2: Yes, event handling this is maybe even more central than commands For many mods. Your mod becomes an event listener listening for it why for specific events that the Spigot server broadcasts whenever something significant happens in the game player movement, entity taking, damage, block breaking, inventory clicks, tons of events.
Speaker 1: So your mod is constantly listening in the background.
Speaker 2: Sort of. You have to register it. First. You make your main mod class or another class implement the listener interface. Then, when your mod starts up, usually in a method called on able, you tell spiggott, hey start sending events to this listener object.
Speaker 1: Okay, registered?
Speaker 2: Then what Then You write specific methods in your listener class and mark them with at event handler. Each method takes a specific event type as a parameter, like player move event or entity damage.
Speaker 1: Event, and that method automatically runs when that event hass exactly.
Speaker 2: Spiggott sees the event, finds all registered listeners with handlers for that event type, and calls their at event handler methods, passing in the event object, which contains details about what happened.
Speaker 1: Can you give those examples from the guide again?
Speaker 2: The stone right stone Walker would have an ad event handler method that takes a player move event. Inside that method, it gets the location the player moved from and uses Spiggott's API to change the block at that location, maybe to stone or gold or whatever.
Speaker 1: It's the Pathway and health checker.
Speaker 2: That would listen for entity damage event. It's handler runs, gets the entity that was damaged, maybe, calculates its remaining health percentage, and then uses methods like set custom name on the entity object to display that health maybe using Spiggot's check color codes to make it red or green like.
Speaker 1: A dynamic health bar above their head.
Speaker 2: Precisely. And the Zeus mod that's out of fun. Yeah, that one listens for entity target event. When a mob targets a player, the handler runs, gets the mob's location and calls World dot strike lightning at that spot.
Speaker 1: Bam. Wow. So events let you react to almost anything pretty much.
Speaker 2: It's how you make mods that feel deeply integrated with the gameplay, not just triggered by commands. You combine listening for the event with using the Java objects player, block, entity, world, and Spigot methods strike, lightning, set type, set custom name to make changes.
Speaker 1: Speaking of changing things, let's focus on blocks for a second. Yeah, how do you pinpoint and manipulate specific blocks in the world.
Speaker 2: You use a combination of classes. Spigot provides World represents the dimension overworld nether end location holds specific xyz coordinates within that world. Block represents the actual block at a given location, and material defines the type of block like material dot stone, material dot diamond or so.
Speaker 1: How do you change a block?
Speaker 2: Typically you get the world object, then use a location object which might come from an event, or you calculate it to get the specific block object using a method like world dot get block at location. Once you have the block object, you can call methods on it like get type to see what it is, or set type, material dot goldiebelot to change it.
Speaker 1: The guide mentioned big Dig in Tree Chopper is more complex examples.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they illustrate going beyond single Big dig would involve some math to figure out all the locations within a certain radius of the player than looping through those locations to change each block and.
Speaker 1: Tree chopper sounds like it needs to find all the logs.
Speaker 2: Right, that's more complex. You might detect when a log block is broken than have code that searches upwards and maybe outwards for connected log blocks, potentially using loops or even more advanced techniques like recursion, where a method calls itself to explore the tree structure. These show how you build on the basics to tackle bigger problems. Managing potentially lots of blocks and locations.
Speaker 1: With all this power to change the world, literally digging holes and chopping trees with code. Managing the actual Minecraft world files seems important. Any tips from the guide on that definitely.
Speaker 2: It strongly recommends making regular backups of your world folders.
Speaker 1: Just copy the folder.
Speaker 2: Pretty much find your server directory and inside there will be folders named after your world, usually World, nether and world themed. To do this when the server is not running to avoid corrupted files, just copy those folders somewhere safe.
Speaker 1: Good advice. How do you know the world name?
Speaker 2: If it's not just world, You can usually find the name listed in the server dot properties file in your server directory and.
Speaker 1: The world seed that unique generation number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the guide mentions you can easily get that in game using the command seed. Good to note down if you ever want to recreate the exact same terrain later.
Speaker 1: Okay, so, looking back, we've covered quite a bit of ground, from the absolute basics of Java.
Speaker 2: Syntax variables, if statements, loots.
Speaker 1: To organizing code with objects, in handling.
Speaker 2: Errors, inheritance exceptions, trycatch, and.
Speaker 1: Then seeing how all those pieces come together using this Spigott api to actually make things happen in Minecraft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, writing command handlers, listening for game events, spawning mobs, changing blocks. It all uses those core Java concepts and.
Speaker 1: It's worth stressing. Like the guide implies, these skills aren't just for Minecraft modding.
Speaker 2: Absolutely understanding variables, control flow, object oriented programming, event handling, these are foundational concepts used across vast areas of software development. Learning Java from modding gives you a really solid base.
Speaker 1: And for folks who want to dive deeper, the guide mentioned to resource.
Speaker 2: Yeah www dot javamincraft dot com sounds like a place to find the source code for examples, ask question and connect with other people learning the stuff. Community is always helpful when learning to code.
Speaker 1: So really taking these first steps into programming through something familiar like Minecraft, it fundamentally changes your relationship with the game, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: It really does. You're not just playing by the rules anymore.
Speaker 1: You're starting to understand how to write the rules.
Speaker 2: You've got the potential power to reshape that world, So the question really becomes what will you create