Speaker 1: This is WWE superstar Drew McIntyre and you're listening to the WWE podcast.
Speaker 2: The show, the one that everybody wants me is God Tell.
Speaker 3: Somebody stand three sixteenth, So just wet your ass is my arn.
Speaker 1: You're gonna acknowledge me.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Everybody.
Speaker 5: It's time for the mail bag, likely a very short one here on this Valentine's Day, the fourteenth day of February twenty twenty five. I hope all of you are enjoying your Valentine's doe or did enjoy your Valentine's Day, whether you are by yourself, with a significant other or with a pet, whatever the case is, I hope you enjoyed your day, and we're gonna get rolling here with the mail bag. I want to just quickly let you know as we get closer to elimination chamber, if you guys want to interact with other patrons of this show or other supporters are just most importantly lovers of pro wrestling. The best way to do that is Patreon and get all of your ad free shows and exclusive shows like the after Dark Show over at patreon dot com. Slash We podcast. Okay, well, the email list is short tonight, so this should be a quick show and let's dive right into it. So let's go to let's go to DJ.
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 5: Why not, let's do something different. Start with DJ, and he says, let me quickly get to what I have to say before I fall asleep at the computer and hopefully this email makes it in time for the mailbag. Unlike WrestleMania forty being mostly focused on Cody Quote finishing his story and ending Roman's reign, no pun intended, who do you think is the main focus for this year's wrestle because to me, it seems kind of unpredictable outside of j most likely winning the world title and Charlotte likely winning both women's championships in some sort of winner take All fatal four way with her Tiffany Rhea, and the possible winner for the women's chamber being Live Morgan. Great question, DJ, one, that is just kind of a million dollar question for this year's WrestleMania that if it was booked today, does not, I'll be honest with you, is not that exciting from a star power perspective. Okay, you have John Cena, you have Punk, so it sounds I mean, we're spoiled wrestling fans. There is no Rock as of this moment, and doesn't look like there will be. There's no Austin think he wasn't really in play. There's no brock Lesner. He's fading quickly.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Edge obviously went to aew Takers retired. Randy Orton probably will be on the card, So we keep forgetting about Randy Orton, who hopefully will be back in time for WrestleMania, and I think he will be. This is a very interesting WrestleMania again in that the top two programs aren't that exciting. And I know people like Jay support Jay. I don't think most people expected Ja to be in this position, so his success story is kind of whole. Hum, it's not a bad one. It is very as the kids say, mid and on the Cody road side, Sure you've got Sena, You've got potentially Punk and hopefully Rollins versus Rains and his solo one on one match. I don't mean what Solo's call it. I mean just one on one Rollin's Rains grudge match story, Punk versus Sena, and maybe you have Orton versus Orton versus Cody Roads. That's how I would book it. To me, that's much more exciting. Now that you forget about Drew McIntyre, what's Drew McIntyre going to do? I would even you could swap in Drew and Cody. I'm sorry Drew and Orton, but Orton and Cody have such a deep history that we're all waiting to see, and Orton turning heel is always the best version of Orton, So you can even make that a triple threat. I don't like triple threats generally as a rule of thumb for WrestleMania main events, but in this case, I think you can make an exception where you have Drew versus Randy versus Cody in a WrestleMania main event here. But how you get there, I don't know. Given that the fact there's only one winner of the Chamber and it's always been one winner of the Chamber, it is a weird focal point for w WE. But here's the one thing I will say about this WrestleMania. While on paper it is very mid the idea that wrestling is always built on stars is true, but there's always not going to be big stars around because there's something called a star building process. And I think we're in that right now. We're in that star building process where Okay, you may not have the biggest stars that you would hope for available for WrestleMania forty one. You don't seemingly have a stacked card like you did last year. But this is the part whereas fans we have to go, Okay, you know what, every WrestleMania can't be Stone col versus the Rock. Every WrestleMania can't be you know, Cody and Roman with the finishing of the story. Every every WrestleMania can't have back in the day, Hull Cogan, Ultimate Warrior. You know, Undertaker's gone. You have to understand that WrestleManias at some point are going to come. There's gonna come a point where that star power, that name brand value that we're used to seeing that marquee name or marquee names on a regular basis every single WrestleMania that you see may not happen. And I think we're reaching that point now. We're reaching that point where the even the Attitude era stars or the Ruthus Disgussion stars are are fading away. So I think this could be a bit of a reset of a WrestleMania where okay, we have to understand there are newer stars that they're trying to put a focus on, all right, point nineteen number two, don't forget seeing it. Pop probably winning the elimination chamber, But who does he face and Ciampunk finally applying the favor from Hayman at the last minute for rest of many forty one? Could that? Might that be a possibility? Yeah, that could be. That could absolutely be a possibility where Punk is the uh, you know, the the final piece put in together where he cashes in the chips from Paul Haman and that's the favor as he gets a title match. Sure, that's the logical one. Like what else? Honestly that everyone's trying to pretend they don't know what this is? Like, what else could the favor possibly be?
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 5: Because what else can't Punk do on his own that he needs Hayman to do? What is Punk so unable to do that he's going to have to require Paul Hammond's assistance to do it? There's very few things, In fact, I would argue in reality, there's nothing why because all Punk has to do is just the Golden rule, attack the champion and you are rewarded with a championship match. You don't believe me, go watch every single program that has started that way. The person who's the assailant gets rewarded with a championship match. Of course, we're supposed to put that aside. It's not a part of the pro wrestling narrative, but it's true. But outside of that, even taking that away, there's nothing that Punk can't do that he needs Haman's assistance with. Outside of okay, fine, I'll believe that he can't get a championship match without Hayman, So there's nothing else. If you want some match with somebody and it's a non champion, well he can just do that. Plus, Punk has made it very clear that his goal is a WrestleMania main event, So if he doesn't cash in his chips for a WrestleMania main event with Hayman, then his cashing in of the favor makes no sense because if that's the only thing he wants to achieve and he can have Paul Haman do that, then why wouldn't he do that? Now, if he's going to be a babyface, he has to do it in a way that makes it look like he's not trying to take the easy way out or the easy way in, as the case may be. But we have to have Punk do this wisely. And the wise thing is to have the wise man use his political powers to get him a championship match, whether it's inserting himself into a triple threat or a one on one somehow, even though that actually can't happen given the fact that Cody's going to have an opponent at the end of the Chamber and if it's not Punk, then you're going to have to have a triple threat. So it's getting a little muddy. Things are There's a lot of possibilities, and I know people again are looking down at this WrestleMania compared to others and going there's no clear stories, no clear And I think maybe that's also the other thing, other than Marquis star power that people are so used to seeing and coming up to WrestleMania, the idea that you have these big story arcs that are about to conclude or peak at WrestleMania. That doesn't that's not the case this year. There's not a lot this year that you go, oh, man, I can't wait for that, you know, for this guy to beat this. It doesn't really exist this year. On top of it, the stories are just starting to form. It doesn't feel like a long story arc ready to explode at WrestleMania. One other thing you mentioned about the fatal four way Charlotte winner take all. I know that's been floated around by Busted Open Radio and Bully Ray and all that. While I don't disagree with that on its principle, that putting Charlotte as a double champion would inflate the fans to a nuclear level, and I would love to see it, I think that you have to understand what you're sacrificing you do that, and that is number one, you're putting the women's championships back together. Unless you're going to keep them separate and have Charlotte do double duty, it's gonna get messy. So if you're essentially unifying them, then that kind of undoes which you just did a couple of years ago by creating a women's World Title and w Women's Championship. I'm not a fan because the idea right now is to give more championships to the women, not less, which I don't I actually don't agree with just on principle because more of something means everything that is there is no worthless. But if that's the case, it kind of undercuts what they're trying to achieve right now. Plus, you're taking away a championship from Rear Ripley and she has a I think a date with Destiny with Bianca Belle Ara. I mean, I just it's got to happen. It's got to happen. I don't need to see Rihan Charlotte again. I don't need to see Rihan live again. I don't need to None of that interests me. To me, while I understand the premise and I wouldn't hate it. I think there's a Biancabella area Ripley made event rating waiting right there, all right. Third point, the ship has probably sailed that Rock Roman is not happening at WrestleMania. But can seth versus Roman become one of the most personal former friends feud since my personal favorite all time of HBK Triple H during the two thousands, Well, yeah it can if they actually commit to the damn thing. How many start stops of this program of rollins and rains have we seen over the last eight years, I mean ever since the turn. They had a little bit of a program, but it quickly kind of shifted elsewhere Dean Ambrose and then Dean Ambrose leaves and goes aw and on John Moxley. Now, but there hasn't been a true, longstanding, well thought out, proper program with these two. Now. Is it gonna be to the level of Triple HHBK. I don't think so. That's an elite level program with two elite guys. And I'm not saying Roman and Seth aren't elite, but they're not Triple HHBK. That's no insult. But they worked so well together it was crazy. I mean it was just kind of scary crazy. How well Triple HHBK wrestled. I mean, every time they got in the ring, it was must see. They didn't need to do flip flops and flies. They just use good old fashioned, you know, wrestling psychology, nice pacing, not one thousand miles an hour, which is unfortunately today's style. Again not my favorite, but it is what it is today. I don't think it's going to reach that level, but at least it could be in the conversation for that. But I don't know anybody that feels like this program's complete, there's so much left to tell. The promos themselves, the video packages you could pull, the interviews, you could do, the backstage, the sit down interviews. It's a crazy amount of content for something that happened. I mean, I mean, I think it was eight years ago, maybe more.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 5: Yes, give me seth Roman one on one. I don't need Punk in there. I don't need Johnsena in there. The reason is also, if you're gonna have a triple threat for just pride and and and bringing a guy like Punk or Sina for some weird reason to put themselves in there, what what are they achieving here? Just to say huh, I win? The program is Rollin's Rains. End of story. If you're gonna do a personal feud, personal feuds are one on one. It's this guy's issues versus this guy's issues, not this guy and this guy and this guy's issues. That's a weird thing to do with WrestleMania with nothing on the line, with three guys, it's a it's doesn't fit the dynamic. It's Rollin's and It's Rains. Anybody else would feel like a third wheel. And finally, can you make the case for solo Soka to beat Cody Rhodes for the undisputed title that elimination chamber due to the interference of probably both Ko and a newly turned Sammy's Ain because newly he'll turns Sammy's Ain because I think it is. Anyway, that's all for now, have a great weekend, everyone, DJ couzmos signing off. So DJ, I mean, it's possible, but I will say, and I said this at the end of WrestleMania last year, even before that, when we all knew Cody was probably gonna win, Cody was anointed as the face of the new Era. I mean, you had everybody come out there, triple h half the locker room, Samantha Irvin was in tears. Everybody loved Cody. I mean the exception to me in a couple others. You're not gonna have Cody lose the belt before WrestleMania this year. It was minimum one year, and then you can start to talk about Cody losing the belt, maybe even at WrestleMania, maybe depending on what his who his opponent is. It could be Randy, could be Punk, it could be Drew. I think those are really the three that you look at or it could be some weird triple threat was seen a Punkin and Cody. Sure, but I don't you know, I don't think that solo. So can I make the case?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 5: I couldmit, here's the case solo Socoa wins and then you have for sure a fatal you have some kind of fatal four way, fatal four wight elimination style Allah WrestleMania two thousand, ie WrestleMania sixteen, uh where it's you know, at that time it was what big big show rock triple h mankind they get that right, and all a McMahon in each corner, remember that, and it ended up being at all of McMahon's were in cahoots. No Austin for that WrestleMania because of his injury, or at least he went to go get surgery so he was out until that following September. But this again, that's the only case you could make is he's gonna win it to create a fatal four way. But then what to just drop at a WrestleMania. You think, really, it's so hard for me to make a case of this because it's so improbable, because you're gonna have him retain it WrestleMania. I mean, we're really building around Solo, so CoA a guy that has been overshadowed very quickly by his you know, his brethren, right, I mean, I don't think so. The Werewolf is already behind ahead of him in terms of star power, incredibly in terms of the fan support, in terms of who the fans want. It's not Solo. It's not Solo. So I will say that now, it's hard for me to make a case for that. It's almost for me impossible. But hey, I was totally wrong the last time when you said jay Us would win.
Speaker 1: So what do I know?
Speaker 5: All right, let's go to another patron here. I know we got more, a couple more. Maybe let's check out Alex the French guy, and he says, hello, I heard that Drew was complaining about his WrestleMania plans, allegedly with Damian Priest story wise or something else. I couldn't agree more with Drew on his take. He is the superstar of the year twenty twenty four. He is the most talented guy in the roster right now. He deserves Cody at WrestleMania and deserves the title that would make sense or have him lose and attack reins to vengeful achieve final vengeance. If Drew goes against Damian Priest, no disrespect to Damien. He was a former world champion and did a did a above expectation job of being world champion. Drew does not deserve Damian Priest or Damien the Priest doesn't deserve Drew is probably the better way to phrase it. That doesn't make any sense at all. See, that's the kind of match. Sure, they could end up having a really good match and people are like, oh wow, that was better than I thought. But fans aren't going to emotionally get into this match. How I mean, what are we going to do here with Drew? Drew and Damien for what?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I could eat my words in their program exceeds expectations, But what's the story here? What's the story? Sure, when he was in Judgment Day Drew, you know at one point Drew was a baby face and they were screwing with Drew. What what are we doing?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It feels like just two guys that don't have a path that they want to put together that are bigger stars, specifically more Drew than Damien fans. You took a vote on that fans would vote this one down immediately. I agree, Cody and Drew much more deserving. So thanks Alex. All Right, I think we have another email floating around here, and this one is from k O. Case says, Hey, Matt, sorry for my rent on Friday, but it was needed. Been a wrestling fan for over fifty years and yeah, I know fifty years, my god. All right, so you have me beat by twenty all right on Monday, Gunther interrupting the Yeat nonsense was brilliant. But Gunther is done at WrestleMania. He is so good, but money talks. But if he's so good, then why are we getting the why are we advocating for him to lose the belt? I feel like it's an incomplete run. It's like he got half historian.
Speaker 7: Barely.
Speaker 5: You know, he doesn't compete on Raw very much. You don't see him in a ton of promos. He has been on and off Raw in a program, you know, coming out in his suit doing you know, talking with Jay or calling people street trash or whatever. And it's been fun. But Gunther, we haven't seen the best of him yet. I still feel like there's some of him being held back. I don't know. I'm not ready for him to drop the belt to anyone.
Speaker 6: For that matter.
Speaker 5: There's really not a guy on the roster, not one. I don't care if it was on SmackDown too, that I would want to take the belt from Gunther.
Speaker 2: No one.
Speaker 5: I think about this too. Gunther was the longest reign of Interconninental Champion of all time, six hundred and sixty seven days whatever it was, six hundred and sixty six days, and you knew that that was really a promotion once he lost it. It was a promotion to move into the world title picture, and it was he wins it, and you're thinking, oh my god, here we go. Not that it's going to be another two year rain, but you're thinking, all right, solid rain at least maybe through WrestleMania, and if he drops at a WrestleMania, it's gonna be someone big is jau So really does he really fit the resume that you're looking to have Gunther lose to I just don't see it. It doesn't make sense to me. Would I lose my mind over it? No, I wouldn't lose my mind. It's just he's not the guy, or at least again, here's what I would say splitting the difference. They have an amazing match, it goes twenty minutes, twenty five minutes even, and they are I mean, they're having one of the best WrestleMania matches in years. Again, incredibly high bar. But this, in my perfect world, this is how it would go, where somebody unexpected comes out to help Gunther. Maybe he didn't ask for the help, maybe he just maybe he did whatever, but Jay has him on the ropes. You know they're gonna do four hundred and fifty fourth finishers here in this match to make it more exciting, which I don't agree with, But I would have them have somebody come out and ultimately be the deciding factor where Guntherer retains but Jay was he could have beaten Gunther, So Guntherer retains, but Jay comes out still looking very strong. That's my take on that. That's what I would do. And here's what I would also start doing, just generally in matches, especially long matches, how about we don't see a finish until like the last move set. I don't need to finish in the beginning, in the middle, in the semi end, how about it's just imagine going twenty minutes without even teasing a finish. Imagine that, not even teasing a finish, No false finishes, no kickouts of finishes. You don't hit a finish until it's actually, oh, I don't know, time to finish the match. So all right, anyway, this is not gonna happen. But okay, number two. I am not a fan of AJ, but that promo with Dom the Douche was ten out of ten.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: AJ's good. AJ trips over his words like I do a lot, but he's good and there is still some gas left in the tank. Not enough to make him the face of the company ever again, or make him even a world champion at any point, probably not, but boy, he is good to just still have a kick ass match with. And if you want somebody to get a little shine from a major star and have them work with a absolute professional, he's the guy. AJ Styles is the guy. Could he go on a small run with the ic US title, He could, sure, But I think right now AJ is he's in the sunset of his career. He is, and that's that's fine. Still looks like a million bucks, Still can wrestle pretty damn well. But he's just not the focal point of the company at least I don't think he will be.
Speaker 6: Again.
Speaker 5: What are they doing with bron Breaker? He is awesome.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: They're too busy putting cowboy hats on him. I guess seeing you know, maybe trying him out for a new gimmick. Maybe Jimmy wang Yang team up with him. Those of you who understood that joke, you know, you go back with me here, Yeah, yay, Jimmy wang Yang. Anybody else remember that guy? I think he was on SmackDown back in the day, back in the early ruthless Aggression era. Pretty sure, pretty sure saying well, or here's another weird gimmick. Paul Burchell was a pirate. Remember he came in swinging on a rope. Mordecai comes out being the wannabe Undertaker. Trying to think some others. Hide and Reich that era, yeah, that era, Hide and Reich. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can come up with some others, but those are some names. If you've gone back, you probably haven't heard in a long time. Nothing else interests me, But why did the Loser Day attack on Ray Holy build up? Batman to them losing to the lw O. Boy, I don't know. The New Day, The New Day needs some help, you know what they need?
Speaker 6: They need Big E.
Speaker 5: The New Day need Big E because that's what we're all waiting for. They have a fiery promo, the talk of the entire week or weeks for WWE, and you're thinking, oh my god, Okay, they're setting them up for the Royal Rumble of Royer Rumble return leading into a wrestle mini match and oh no, no, Big Ee's still doing the pregame show just like nothing happened. Nope, I don't know. So now Biggie still could make a return. The elimination chamber still exists, weeks after, still exist, but it's certainly going to Uh it's certainly not looking great for a Biggie return right now. Hopefully that changes, but that's what you're looking for to heat this back up.
Speaker 6: Thank you? Kay?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: I think that does it for the emails everybody, so I will uh, let's me. I know I got one, two, two voicemails, so let's get to those voicemails right now.
Speaker 4: This is DJ Cooles melt Back add it again on your Mail Back Show record to live on a Wednesday board and you know what time it is.
Speaker 5: It's time to see his name.
Speaker 7: Man, he peers.
Speaker 4: I believe in Joe Hendry.
Speaker 2: I believe in Joe Hendry.
Speaker 4: That's right, folks, Joe Hendry is his name. As I take it to my thirty first episode of the Joe Hydropo Am, I go always cover two live from it on this closed location. Like I mentioned last week, Joe Hendriy made appearance at the roy Rubble, coming in at number fifteen and lasting three minutes and thirty five seconds. But there were seventy thousand fans. Over seventy thousand WWE fans were singing along to Joe Hendry's music. So this was the big exposure that Joe Henry got on a big platform on a big stage like though Royal Rumbles. So this was a great moment for Joe Hendry. This was a great moment for TNA as this is the possibility that we could see Joe Hendry make another appearance at another wwepl or at another WWE show, whether it's Raw SmackDown or NIX. Anyway, let's take it to what took place this past Thursday. On the episode of TNA Parrestlake, as Joe Hendry had a concert, but not just any concert. He had a championship concert, as he's still celebrating his championship win from a couple of weeks ago from TNA Genesis when he became the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion. Now we had a couple of songs. One of them was a cover song similar to the song We Are the Champions by Queen As. The name of that song was called Hendry is the Champion, and it goes something like this, I'll do it to the best of my ability.
Speaker 2: Hendry is the champion, my friends, and he'll be the champion to the end.
Speaker 6: Hendry is the Champion. Hendry is the Champion. No time for losers. Hendry is the Champion.
Speaker 2: Of the world.
Speaker 4: And then that was the first song. The second song was a little bit of an original as it was called Henry Joe Hendry Wonder Belt, and it goes something like this, Joe Hendry wonder Belt. Oh, Joe Hendry wonder Belt. And during the course of that song, here is the kick of my friends. I guess he kind of got a cue from Elias because every time when Elias does a concert he gets interrupted, and he did a part of the verse that says, this is the part of the song when an upcoming challenger cuts me off and in the middle of my concert. And then all of a sudden, here comes a TNA wrestler by the name of Jake Something coming in at six foot two, two hundred and sixty two pounds, a monster Roman kind of similar to Broun Strowman. But anyway, he comes into interrupt Joe Hendri's championship concert by seeking a championship opportunity to face Joe Hendri for the TNA World Championship next week on an episode of TNA Parresseling. And of course Joe Hendri as the fighting champion that he is, he says I except in his singing voice. So anyway, next week on TENA Prestling, we're gonna have Joe Hendri versus Jake sup for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. That's all for today, folks, as I'm gonna have this short episode for the Joe Hendry Paul And like always, always remember to believe, say his name, always remember the words that Joe Hendry says any place, anytime, at any show, and most so.
Speaker 2: Poorly, most so poorly. Always remember to do this.
Speaker 4: Sight science.
Speaker 7: Well believed you.
Speaker 4: Once again, this is your guy, DJ Coulsmo, have a blessed week. Be kai to one of those stays in my friends, Believe and Peace.
Speaker 7: DJ.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure I don't have a record of since this show started, and I've actually been podcasting for ten years under four years under a different name, and eight years under this name, or sixty eight years under this name. I don't think anyone's ever sung on this show. I'm pretty sure that's a first. I know for you, it's a first, and I've taken a lot of voicemails. I used to do live shows. I don't think I've ever ever had anybody sing on the show. So congratulations on that. Thank you for the update. I actually had to go back as you were talking because I was looking at see what's going on in TNA, and I watched the actual TNA Impact, at least the segment with Joe Hendry where Santina Santina Morrell not Santina Santino Marla attacked Joe Hendry after Joe Hendry versus. I had to look this up, Jake something, and I thought at first, I'm like, what do you mean, Jake Something. I'm like, well, you don't know his last name, and so I had to go back and look, I'm like, no, that's actually his name. His last name is something, So Jake Something. That's a pretty funny name here. And so anyway, thank you for keeping the updated, thank you for this, for the song, thank you for uh the actual match we're going to get next week with Joe Hendry and his eventual massive debut into WWE full time, which we all was coming. It was a test case, you know, test the waters, see what his reaction is from fans, and it, I'll think beyond exceeded expectations for If I'm WW management, I'm elated, you know, with the reaction that WWE fans gave Henry, even if he was on the rubble for three minutes, that's fine, massive moment. He got to wrestle Roman Reigns for a little bit. It's as big of an exposure as you can get if you're a star. And to see where the fans land and if WW is thinking themselves, okay, does do the fans even know who this guy is? And clearly they do. He was in NXT for a hot minute. Bent back to TNA, the TNA and ww's relationship. They have a very good working relationship. This is going to benefit not just TNA, but of course Joe Hendry when he eventually lands in WW full time. So thank you for the update. Lot to see. The key here is going to be this and it's not a one hundred percent of the time, but it's a overwhelming amount of the time, probably in the nineties, where the person when they're moving on, not just in divisions like okay, I lose the IC like Gunther did. He it's a sign he's going into the world title picture. It's like promotion by losing the belt, which is weird, but especially when you're moving promotions like if you're leaving to go to AW or you're going from AW to potentially back TOW, which hasn't been too many of but some or in this case TNA and to WW. The key is to look out when Hendry drops the TNA World title. Now I don't know what his contract is with TNA, how long it lasts, but I would keep an eye out for when he drops that belt. It could be a very good sign that he's imminently about to debut in WWE for real, So keep that in mind. I think we all should as we move on. Thank you, DJ, and let's get to I think our final voicemail and we'll call it a night. And actually, as I just listened to it off the air, it's Alex the French Guy and Alex the French Guy, it's let me give you a sample again. Just you don't think I'm bsing you. Let me let you just for a few moments. Everybody bear with me. I'll just want to show you so prove to you. This is the voice quality I got. So this is why I can't play it.
Speaker 7: I like the French guy here, no European champion, Matt. I wanted to address you on something addressed, but just to explain a little bit more the passion of the French.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I don't know what you're gonna address me on. Maybe my comments about Uh. I'm gonna guess I didn't listen to her the rest of your voicemail because it's just it's hard to listen to. I mean, with a bad connection, nobody wants to listen. Uh. Nothing against you, just generally right, I'm gonna guess it has something to do with my comments about men showing emotion or I could be wrong because I got a lot of comments about that, and which is you know, expected. But if it wasn't cool too, I'd invite you to call back, retry the connection, and I'll be happy to play it next week. So there we go. I told you a bit of a shorter voicemail email segment here tonight on the show. That does allow me to go and look at any other things that are going on in WWE, any other news, and let's see here. I don't see anything crazy. Oh we did get to Michelle McCool who got nominated for the Hall of Fame. She's been selected to be in the Hall of Fame. No, I'm sorry, No, I don't care. If she's the wife of Mark Hallaway, I don't care. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I probably had a small, small, small part. But Michelle McCool in the Hall of Fame. Can the fans vote on this? I mean, I don't there's problems with that too.
Speaker 1: But I.
Speaker 5: Don't understand what their metrics are. What are their qualifications again for being in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 4: What are they?
Speaker 5: And if there aren't any what are the intangible ones? Like okay, fine, you can't tell me they have to reach this threshold because that's difficult to do. You have to be a former world champion of this many times. Like that's preposterous, right, Like it's all intangible metrics that they use, Fine, explain them intangibles. Then they had a connection with the fans, they had a long lasting connectionable who says who says they did? Did you talk to the fans who actually supported this person? Or is that your perception? I'm sorry, Michelle McCool, And this is again. I know there's a celebrity wing and Drew Carrey's in it. Fine, that's all just that's all fine, But Michelle McCool, I don't feel it with lay Cool.
Speaker 6: What I don't know?
Speaker 5: Oh, how do you guys feel about this? Remember Layla and Michelle McCool. The only thing they did that I remember outside of being just insanely obnoxious to the point of like not even watchable, Like it's the heat that you just go, I don't even want to watch them, so I change the channel. It's not the heat that you go, Oh my god, I want to see somebody beat them up.
Speaker 7: It's the heat.
Speaker 5: You're just like, nah, I don't want to watch them get pretend beat up. I just don't even want to watch. That's the difference, And people sometimes don't understand the difference between. So, you know, no, of they're really annoying you, doesn't really annoy you. Is the goal for the company to make you change the channel or in this case, you can't change the channel anymore, change what you're watching on Netflix? No, So some people I try to always decipher that, But my point is really what I know, she was a tag team, she's a former women's champion. Are we just gonna induct everybody that we just remember, like anybody that you're like, oh, yeah, that's right, I forgot about that person. Oh, since I've rem them, let's put them in the Hall of Fame. I don't get it now. I know the Undertaker would probably find a way because it's his wife and he should defend her. But if you're looking this subjectively from you know, a macro view, what really, oh, I mean, are the standards no disrespect? Although it kind of is, are the other standards this low that we're gonna put Michelle McCool in the Hall of Fame. I mean, at this point, are we just trying to fill quotas? Is that what we're doing? Is there some I mean that's the problem with doing the Hall of Fame every year, and they have a class they have to do that tells you they have to find people to put in. But the Hall of Fame should be it shouldn't be dictated by the year. It should be dictated by the talent that are available that deserve to go in. And you can't tell me every year that there's like fifteen people that deserve to go in.
Speaker 7: It's not.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I could maybe somebody will come up here and give me a real explanation as to why Michelle McCool deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Michelle, if you're listening to this, listen, my Hall of Fame standards are just a lot higher because it's the Hall of Fame. Like you're reaching legend status. You're really going to tell me you're a legend?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sorry, I don't buy a single bit of that. Nothing against you personally, just professionally. Again, tell me exactly why you're a legend. I don't know, So I don't understand anyway, so I'll leave it at that, But so excited stuff coming up, guys. I hope everyone's feeling well, not getting sick, and you know, right in the heart of flu season and all that. So I hope everyone's doing well. Hope I have a great Valentine's Day, and I think the next holiday, what is Saint Patrick's Day, and then after that it's Easter if you celebrate it, and then Memorial Day. So we're cranking along here. February is halfway over. If you live in the northern part of the country, you are grateful that it's heading to March and April. Let me just tell you that. So all right, thanks everybody for listening. If you want to go on Patreon, you want to get everything ad free, Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast great way to go and get an ad free experience, exclusive show and a discord server you can be involved in. All right, Thanks everybody, and I'll talk to you next time.
Speaker 3: Wow, thanks for listening to the WWE podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to WWE podcast dot com and for all of these shows add free head over to Patreon dot com Slash WWE podcast. Until then, we'll see you next time.