Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. We have Congressman Josh Urkeen on the line here with us. Got wow, a lot going on. First of all, kind of a reaction to what's been taking place here in Oklahoma. We had a would be terrorist apprehended. Oh my godness sake, it's your reaction to that.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a result of what happened in a disasters withdrawal from Afghanistan and in timing with an administration that was saying to Afghanistan through visas, come on over. I mean, so what lack of vetting occurs when someone that would want to conduct terrorism in the boundaries of the United States brought here by the United States through a program. It just it's it's it just shows you how vulnerable this administration through wack of do policies they've they've they've made our country for terrorism.
Speaker 1: Activity other things going on here. We of course, we always go to money problems, and.
Speaker 2: Well, well, I'm assuming you're talking about the depth, Okay, I just want to make sure. Well, look, there's plenty of revenue flowing in. It's a matter of how much is being spent, and this spent talking about why I could do policies. As this conversation is continuing about my orc is saying that FEMA did not have the amount of money to finish out the year. Well, when you look at the one and a half billion dollars in a two year time frame they've spent on provided services, housing, food, et cetera for illegal immigrants. And then in addition to that, what they're doing to grant operisations to non government organizations whomen who then in turn take federal moneyes as a pastor of these non government organizations. These charities then are moving these people like a taxi service to wherever they want to go. So it's not a single person gut level on us would say the federal government spends efficiently. We all know that there's waste and then the lack of time spent on when a measure is introduced in Congress to say you want new money, what are you going to cut to pay for it? I mean, that is the standard policy I have in an office. If somebody wants to come to us and say this is a real need, all right, We're we're willing to a set to pay for it. But that ought to be a reasonable understanding given two trillion dollars destines, and so you don't have that question being asked much less you don't have questions being asked as to the insane policies and why we should be spending money on things like what we're talking about to begin with.
Speaker 1: Now, this is incredible. We've got one hurricane that's already affected a lot of people, a lot more than anyone ever anticipated. We've got another one coming that's probably going to tear out the whole I four corridor down in Florida. And as a you've we don't have enough money for one hurt game, let alone two and possibly a third or fourth that might hit us in this one season, let alone the potential for other natural disasters. Where do they go with the printing press or do they just pull out their pockets inside out and say, sorry, no money.
Speaker 2: Well, there is ample funding for FEMA, so I want to start there. There was, and I didn't vote for it. So don't want to duplicit this and say that this result of something I did. There was a twenty million dollar supplemental increase that is going to get down through December. That was a standalone as a part of the continuing resolution I did not vote for. So there's twenty million dollars to move them along for the disaster Relief Fund, which is a segment of femous funding. And so the funding is there. My orchestras spoke a couple of weeks ago and he I guess he didn't know that Congress had done that. But again, the entirety if we'd have followed what the prescription that we started last year under the Homeland Security Appropriations process, what those of us that started on the homelands to the committee wanted as much as anyone through the authorization, and then it was appropriate to the appropriators follow suit on is we end the six hundred to eight hundred million dollars every year that's going towards the illegal immigrants. You free up eight hundred million dollars a year, six hundred eight hundred million dollars a year. That's a significant amount of money to be able to move from the programming that the Biden administration is put on steroids in the way that they're doing this deals with the illegals, and move that towards speaking of offsets into disaster related expenses, that just makes too much sense for this administration.
Speaker 1: To do what I just said, though, what else you seen in Washington, DC that effects us here in Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Just an over overspend and with with without reguard of what this is doing to us with the inflation area. I know I'm a broken record on this, but the power of the purse, James Madison said, of all the things that leverage exists for members of Congress, the power of the purse is that leverage, and we keep giving it away when we continue to maintain the status quo and we don't get serious about reducing the deficit spending that devalues the dollar that is driving the reason that everybody right now continues to have heightened twenty percent above what you were just two years ago to afford the same goods and services. What that's doing to you on an annual basis that the Budget Committee says is about fifteen thousand dollars over the course of a year. No increase in buying power, just lost the hidden tax of inflation upon the average family. For and until Congress sees their real job is using the power of the purse to say no to so much reckless spending and so much people will say, well, you know, you know it just waste for our debuse. No, it's a percentage reduction has to occur. We have been heightened since COVID era of thirty percent in the non defense discretionary budget thirty percent increase, and we've not returned back to normalcy. And if we'll start there, just go back to twenty nineteen spending levels, which is what most of my midments as I directed staff that we put forward, is to take this program or that program back to twenty ninete spending level. Is someone going to be able to come up to me and say, hey, you voted to cut the spending for this program I really like And my answer to them would be yes, Because the bigger thing is not how much in terms of what Washington is bringing home to you. They're stealing more from you through devaluation of your currency than you think the returning to you through government programs.
Speaker 1: Wow, interesting way of looking at that. I had an old congressman telling me this a long time ago, that when somebody else brings home a big project, that's pork, but when congressman does that for his own state, it's bacon. And I fail to see the difference. It both came off the same animal. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, in this case thinking, that way of thinking is why we are thirty five training in debt. That way of thinking is why we are place facing forty year high inflation, and that line of thinking lead us off the cliffs financially.
Speaker 1: How can people get ahold of you, Josh and ask you questions or you just get some information or maybe give you some information.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you want to ride to us? It's a go to our website at rourkeen b r E C H E. N Urkin dot house dot g o V. You want to call her Washington d C. Office and just give me your position on something called two two two two five two seven zero one. You can call her Clemore office and I'll read those call reports so I know you know if you you take down to call in, I'll read what you say.
Speaker 1: Very good, Hey, joshould be good to yourself and thank you very much for stopping buying this seeing with us today