Speaker 1: Something you should go time not for something you should know, brought to you by Genesis GOOLDIRA dot com. That's also something you should know that you can put your retirement plan on.
Speaker 2: The gold standard.
Speaker 1: Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA backed by physical gold and silver. Get a free gold and silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to visit with a couple more people today about the Vermilion Vortex Film Festival. We had a chance earlier to talk with Casey and with Sam. There are some local folks who are here helping to put the event together. Now I've got a couple of additional people that I'm going to talk to here in a moment. I'm going to visit with Anthony Cousins. He's the director of Frogman that's going to air tomorrow. You'll be able to see that film tomorrow night at the film Festival. But coming up tonight you'll be able to see Lost on a Mountain in Maine. And we've got the director, Andrew Kitlinger joining us right now. Tell me a little bit about the movie.
Speaker 3: It's a true story about a twelve year old boys in nineteen thirty nine who gets lost in the wilderness of northern Maine and crossed across over almost one hundred miles of for ten days and survives. And the movie is about his ordeal and then his family desperately trying to find him. And I think, you know the coolest thing is that the movie's produced by Silvester Stallone. So it's got this fun, sort of underdog feel to it.
Speaker 2: I love that. And it's based on a true story.
Speaker 3: Ed.
Speaker 1: It'll be shown tonight at the Coyote Twin Theater in Vermilion, and afterwards there's a Q and A with the director.
Speaker 3: That's you, that's me, that's right, okay, And I've been told that I give a good Q and a.
Speaker 2: I think that's awesome.
Speaker 1: And you get to watch the film with the guy that made the film and then ask him questions.
Speaker 2: Do you get to do this quite a bit?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, this movie comes down in theaters across the country on November first, and so we are ramping up right now a marketing campaign essentially across the country where I'm going to travel around and do a lot of these little events like this, and you know, Los Angeles, New York. Yeah, and we did. We did a premiere in Maine in July, which is really fun to give you the movie where you know where this true story took place. But but yeah, the South Dakota is especially important for me and special because I was raised in Peer and I went to Augustana for college, so I'm a South Dakota guy.
Speaker 1: Well, we were excited to have you in Vermillion tonight again. The movie is going to be at seven pm. Lost on a Mountain in Maine, and it's produced by Sylvester Stallone. How in the world did you guys connect on this?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, flies, I call him Sly like I know him, you know, but he's like, we're the Toms, you know. Silvester Stallone's brand is, you know, inspirational underdog stories, you know, all going all the way back to Rocky right, the movie they made him famous, and he had never done a movie about a kid before, like a kid underdog. Yeah, that's why his company, his company took the song, you know, and they usually they do. They still do the Rambos and the Rockies and the Tulsa King. You know, it is really big, but they hadn't really done a family film. And I got this job the old school way. I interviewed for it against you know, probably ten other directors, and it was a it was about a three month long interview process where I had to hitch to the company my vision of the film and how I was going to execute it and all that. That interview process actually culminated on my fourth interview with being flown out to northern Maine and hiking the mountain where this movie took place. Wow, and then that mountain is considered the hardest day hike in America. So you think like you'd think like Blackout Peak, for examples are and yeah, this is like Blackout. This is like the final that final push of Blackout Peak where it's almost going straight up, you know, to kind of really lift your knees. It's that for probably six hours one way.
Speaker 2: Oh my good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so that was my final interview. I don't think if i'd have made it to the top, I would have got the job.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm really glad that you got the job, and I'm also glad that you're going to be in Vermilion tonight for the Vermilion Vortex Film Festival. Your movie kind of kicks off the whole weekend, so we're excited for tonight. Thank you for taking the time to chat with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And we're going to switch.
Speaker 1: To another phone line right now. We've got Anthony Cousins joining us now. His film is going to be tomorrow at the Vermilion Vortex Film Festival.
Speaker 2: Frogman. Tell me a little bit about your movie, sir.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Frogman plays tomorrow night. It's a found footage horror movie, kind of in the zane of blair Witch. It's instead of chasing a witch through the woodsard chasing a giant frog. But unlike blair Witch, you do see the giant frog in a whole lot more. There's a lot of weird stuff going on.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Is this based on a true story?
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny to say that it's sort of is it really? Well? There is actually Loveland Frogman in Loveland, Ohio is a real legend that's kind of like their local Bigfoot. There's sightings they go back to nineteen fifty five and as recently as a couple of years ago. They hold a Frogman Festival every year in tron Nice. You know, that's the basis of the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Now, are you going to be at things tonight and all day tomorrow and all day Sunday. Are you just there for your thing tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: I'm just getting into town on Saturday. I'll see all tomorrow night. At the screening, we're going to do a Q and A. We're going to hang out afterwards.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm excited for a big, fun weekend of things happening in Vermilion. It's the Vermilion Vortex Film Festival. And if people maybe can't make it, but they want to learn more about the Frogman movie, where do they go to find Frogman on the internet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can follow us on Instagram and at Frogman Movie. We're available for vod right now anywhere you rent on demand. We're streaming on screen box and you can find our bluery in Walmart, which is crazy. We've got this will be on a highight camera and it's in Walmart.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: But yeah, if you like goofy, creature features, body horror, you know, horror comedy, you know, hopefully you'll do it.
Speaker 2: I will be watching this movie for sure. Thank you again for your time. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you again.
Speaker 1: Anthony Cousins and he is the director of Frogman and that will be playing tomorrow night at the Vermilion Vortex Film Festival and then it's followed by Q and A so you get a chance to ask questions. More detail can be found on their website and I do have a link to it at Facebook dot com. Slash Sunny Radio at Facebook dot com, slash Swoofalls News.
Speaker 3: And Something you Should Know.
Speaker 1: Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com