Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham, the Great America. Welcome this war. It's wonderful. Wednesday afternoon, the tri State after the great debate of last night with jad Vance, who goes to the same church that I go to. And secondly Tim Wallas, it looked like he didn't have his dentures in half the time. Coming up on Sunday the course of the Reds and I'm sorry the Reds, the Bengals, the Bengals and the Ravens tee it up about one o'clock at pay Corse Stadium, getting ready for that and so much more. But I was kind of shocked at the debate last night, even MSNBC and nice things to say about jd Vance that could be the kiss of death. But nonetheless a column by Curtis Halk of Media Research Center, he wrote this on October the first, which I think last night pointed out what occurred star contrasts. He said, moderate folksy football coach Walls versus weird and dangerous jd Vance. Then the debate happened last night, And first of all, Curtis Halk, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. You're with me a Research Center NewsBusters give me your references to the debate last night this Wednesday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Bill, I always pleasure to.
Speaker 3: Be with you.
Speaker 2: I just I think there's a couple of things here going on. Number One, I think it's definitely a tell that jd. Vance did so well and the liberal media know it that they're resorting to doing a couple of things. Number One, focusing so much on January sixth and abortion. ABC's Good Morning America really made that the central focus of their post debate coverage, their coverage on Good Morning America, arguing, as Jonathan Carl did, that dis election is not really about policy or you know those tusky concerns Americans have about, Oh, I don't know, the economy, housing, immigration, the border of the schools. Who No, it's really no, no, no, It's really about democracy. And Jade Vance's answer ninety minutes of debate, that's what we need to talk about, and this is what defined the debate. To this, I'd be like, it just shows how out of touch they are and why it was such an insane decision to give ABC this debate the presidential debate last month, so we have that going on as well. I think that's definitely a theme that we saw as well throughout the post debate coverage msmc tod this CNN kept doing this as well, Abby Phillip and Dana Bashion, Jay Taffer, the Spin room kept coming back to January sixth, despite you know what Scott Jennings was trying to do and talking about Walls's radicalism on abortion and his lack of clarity. He has to be charitable when it comes to his resume and overall, I think obviously the moderators as well were definitely a huge story as well. Noradonnell and Margaret Brennan. We're definitely on the pompous side, I would say, and we have a story up fire. Nick Vonakara where we graded the questions. He crunched the numbers and found that there were twelve questions from the last sixteen neutral and only five from.
Speaker 4: The right, which is better than normal.
Speaker 1: I mean, really, so twenty eight of the twenty eight of the thirty three were either from the left wing or neutral, and then you had five of the thirty three that had a conservative. One of the worst parts I thought was the opening remarks or answer to the questions by Tim Wallace. He looked scared he looked frightened here that why did I look like?
Speaker 4: Who am I? What am I doing here?
Speaker 1: And then the denture problem, it looked like he didn't have his dentures incorrectly, he looked scared to death. And when I asked about Tianaman Square, which of course he lied about. If I was in or around Tianneman Square when the tanks went up against that, dude, I'd never forget that.
Speaker 4: But he flatly lied about that.
Speaker 1: And then the answer was, well, you know, I was born in Nebraska and I was riding my bike when the lights went on, had to go home. I'm a Nebraska kind of a guy. I was born in a ditch. I used to lick water from puddles in a ditch. That's where I came from. He never answered the question.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like he channeled Kamala Harris saying, well, you know, I grew up in the middle class family. You know, I think we're gonna see how much he uses that. Well, then he does this whole thing on a knucklehead. And then when he was asked in the Dana Bash interview he did with Kamala Harris a little more than a month ago, they were like he said, well, I really don't have good grammar, like what, oh, I'm a knucklehead, like Scott Jennings on CNN last night was like his excuses basically to come down to, well, I'm.
Speaker 4: Too dumb you guys to like know.
Speaker 2: Where I was like, I mean, yes, we can talk about how Donald Trump and dullish is in yes, lies. But the idea then that we're not going to be talk about or we're not allowed to talk about how other candidates the Democratic ticket has both candidates have huge holes in the resumes is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: In fact, I think actually it would give the media a lot more credibility if they were willing to fact check and really dig into the resumes of the Democratic Party. But they are so scared lists of their own audience that they would be seen as both sides ing you.
Speaker 1: Can't do that, you can't be fair and independentalizing. No, and you have in your column, which is really you brought the receipts you have quotes. Vans has been described as quote weird, dangerous, anti woman who believes the supremacy of whiteness and masculinity.
Speaker 4: Where the hell did that come from? JD.
Speaker 1: Vance is about the supremacy of whiteness and masculinity, who said that.
Speaker 4: This is just a grab bag like a wet we got this, and we.
Speaker 2: Got this, and uh, you know JD Vance's this and uh, Donald Trump and his campaign are the ones that need to tone down the rhetoric after Donald Trump got shot in the head, like what are you talking about? Uh, that was Margaret Brennan also lobbying that nonsense as well. So going into debate, we knew exactly what was going to happen here. David Muir and Lindsay Davis Namcy debate, their fact checking was much more scripted. They admitted to this afterward. David muore is said many places, he's not a very smart man. He's kind of Ron Burgundy of news anchors. His center structure is an offense to preschoolers, whereas Nora Donnell and Margaret Brennan are a little bit more condescending in their fact checking. Like jad Vance would finish an answer and then they would state whatever godby Book they wanted to say, but they didn't direct it advanced. They didn't say, well, Senator Vance, blah blah blah blah blah. They just set it all smug and moved on. And if like your vance, you're like, what a simple a simple note would have been sufficient.
Speaker 1: Curtis Halkov, the Media Research Center, NewsBusters. You also have something posted from a CBS correspondent who said Tim Waltz is an attack dog, but he's so joyful and jolly as he bites. I'm thinking the marshmallow Man, you know how I'm thinking about the Ghostbusters.
Speaker 4: He's the marshmallow Man.
Speaker 1: He's an attack dog, but he's so joyful and jolly when he bites.
Speaker 2: That he's joyful stab you to death.
Speaker 4: This is like what what.
Speaker 3: Like you wonder if these journalists sometimes are there's just like, is this a mad libs exercise for some of these people, Like, Oh, I'm just gonna pull an.
Speaker 4: Sat word out of here so I can like seem like I'm really smart and.
Speaker 2: Going after Republicans, or I'm gonna create some crude analogy. That's what you just feel like they do in a lot of these production meetings. They just wonder because they say the same thing every day, so they realize that we're gonna say, we got to talk about our hate for Republicans differently, and and that's really what I think it comes down to.
Speaker 1: And how about this one, Rachel Maddow, I have a My executive producer is Tony Benner. He often tells me how much he loves Rachel Maddow and Rachel Maddow smeared. Jdvans is a fascist speech squasher. I don't know what a fascist speech squasher is, but that's what Rachel Mannow said. Jad Advance is a fascist speech squasher.
Speaker 4: What the hell's that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What is that? Doesn't even mean? They pointed out how he's like he's his attacks on liberal academia put him in the same like realm as, like Nazis.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jadie Vance, Yes he's a speech squasher. Well do you think somehow you know? One thing I've noticed, and Curtis howk you're a great observer of the political scene, is that the Democrat liberals have wonderfully phrased the abortion arguments quote reproductive freedom, and they talk about the twenty twenty five manifesto that the candidates have rejected that talks about a registry when you get pregnant, that women must line up in the handmade tail and you gotta line up.
Speaker 4: And say I missed my period.
Speaker 1: I missed my period, and there will be a federal registry kept for women who missed their period. Then they stop headed up by Jdvans to show up your door to see how far along you are with your pregnancy, and then they're going to monitor the pregnancy, et cetera.
Speaker 4: Does anyone but would anyone believe this?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: And the thing is even CNN Daniel Dale, the snibbling little Home Monitor Canadian on DNN.
Speaker 2: Like like, that's not quite it. And this is why the left is so insidious. Bill, You have to connect it to the previous discussion about Rachel Manow and dvance and academia. They sometimes go on these long benders where they just kind of weave and wave and they try to make all these historical connections and comparisons, so they kind of just muddy the waters. So that because they seem really smart and they had a lot of words behind it, like that means it must be true. Yeah, And they do this with Project twenty twenty five in abortion, and it's not true at all. It has to do with simply submitting anonymous pregnancy data and miscarriage data that would be submitted to AHHS and all states actual a lot of states actually do this apparently, or some of it. Sometimes it's required. So that's if it's already happening. I guess we already live in Handmaid's tale world.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, you know, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: But the liberals have correctly from their perspective, define abortion as reproductive freedom. Less than one percent of abortions care or health is healthcare. To kill a baby, that's healthcare. It's not healthcare to the baby. It's just the opposite of healthcare. And when you bring up the factor, well, at what point between zero and forty weeks would it be wrong for a woman a mother, By the way, women have babies or not men, I'm wrong for a woman a mother to kill a unborn baby is seven month or eighth month. The first thing out of the mouth is that doesn't happen.
Speaker 4: But it does. Every year.
Speaker 1: There's about six to seven thousand abortions have healthy babies after six months, which is six to seven thousand lives snuffed out. And the second thing about that is this idea that baby.
Speaker 4: Born alive is not a fact.
Speaker 1: In fact, the Democrats in Congress vetoed the other day at an action that said if a baby happens to be born alive during a botched abortion, that the doctor must use reasonable medical care to save the baby's life that he just tried to kill. But the Democrats don't want to do that because they want to have abortion through forty weeks.
Speaker 4: Correct, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Scott Jennings brought this up on CNN last night. During Kim Wall's tenure as governor, state data from the Minnesota Department of Health has revealed that there have been eight deaths of infants who survived abortion attempts. Now, under the Minnesota abortion law, doctors are under no requirement or oath to administer care to any child that survives abortion. And he brought the up last night and the liberal panel, David Axerod fake Republican Melissa Fara Griffin, and a former Obama official along with that Axerrod Ashley Allison all completely lost their minds talking about, Oh, do you think this is complicated? You know, these children were probably headed for really tough lives and it's no one's business. It shouldn't be anyone's business what women do to their babies. I mean, it's just really gruesome stuff. And at the end, Scott said, I have to speak up for the babies. They're not here to speak for themselves.
Speaker 1: Oh and then he also brought up the fact that government controlling your bodies. What the hell happened during COVID vaccine, didn't the government and corporate amer say I control your body and you will get the injection whether you're liking or not.
Speaker 4: You can't leave your house.
Speaker 1: And we don't want to control your body though. Reproductive freedom, my butt. It's it's all about. And the vaccine had to be done large employers. You can't leave your home, you can't go to church. We're gonna put in Kentucky, the governor Kentucky Basher put cops at the entryway of churches as he kept over from strip clubs and liquor stores.
Speaker 4: But guess what, we don't control your body.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable, Yeah, unbelievable. It's healthcare.
Speaker 1: It is care.
Speaker 2: There's caring, kill killing what it really growth.
Speaker 1: Lastly, Rachel Medow tied jd Vance to a series of anti Semitican fascist revolutionaries who want at the universities destroyed the nineteen thirties and forties because they spread communist ideas. So this guy from Middletown, Ohio, who went to the Marine Corps so he had the GI bill to go to Ohives. Date Dan Yale is somehow tied to destroying universities. So if the truth doesn't work, make something up.
Speaker 2: Right, less than one percent of Harvard faculty identify as conservative.
Speaker 4: Don't you think that's a problem.
Speaker 2: See, this is a thing. Left doesn't think that's a problem because they believe they aren't on the side of truth. So if there is an ideological imbalance, they say too bad, because the right lies so much anyway, they think the bias is not only happening, it is good.
Speaker 4: It's just like with abortion.
Speaker 2: They're now at the point with late term abortions where they're not denying it's happening, and in fact they're going to say, yes, it is happening, and it's is good. With vance, you just make the she just made this insane comparison when literally all he said is said, here's one quote that she took issue with. The universities do not pursue knowledge and truth. They pursue deceit and lies, Nazi rhetoric.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Lastly, CNN panel loses it when lonely Scott Jennings mentions abortion survivors left that die in Minnesota, and because he was so accurate, that panel had to shout him down immediately, including pro choice so called Republican Elisa Farren, Griffin, David axlerod Asley Allison. They exploded the idea that abortion kills unborn babies that are generally healthy, and they could not allow that thought to get out there, could they?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, absolutely not. I mean, Scott brings the facts on CNN on a daily basis. You see how uncomfortable they get when he just merely brings up very basic facts. What's funny was Yeah, Lisa Farrow was like, where did you get that?
Speaker 4: He said from Minnesota Department of Health? True?
Speaker 2: And yeah, I say, I said, yeah, I just said it was a department of Health.
Speaker 4: Like, oh boy, some maga blog.
Speaker 1: You know. Well, lastly, I said to a friend of mine that I hope this is the last debate. And Donald Trump does not do well in debates. His policies work, his debating tactics do not. Would you agree with me? Curtis Halk of the media research centernewsbusters dot org that this needs to be the last debate because many states are voting. In fact, I'm going to vote next week absentee, which is stupid. We should vote for four days before the election.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: But uh, would you encourage Donald trum to know his role, shut his mouth, go to the rallies and get elected president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's exactly right to not want to participate in a debate right now. ABC can be all stark and condescending like they were this morning. Rachel Scott said, well, he debated in late October in twenty sixteen, twenty twenty. Well, you can say in retrospect that was the wrong idea because you exactly write states. There are states where people have been able to vote for multiple weeks at this point in early voting. So that's why having debates in like June is such a better idea. At this point, have the debates before people can actually vote. And I think Katie Vance was just so polished. I think it was one of the strongest debate performances by a Republican in quite some time.
Speaker 1: The only thing close to it is when Billy Boy Clinton A nineteen ninety two approached the camera and said, I can feel your pain and also your daughter's chest. But I added that little part. I added that field. But I can feel your pain.
Speaker 2: I know we'll go down like Stockdale. You know that was Who am I?
Speaker 4: Why am I here?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: Give me my dress? Let me get them?
Speaker 1: This is beautiful but great website, NewsBusters dot Org. Curtis Hawck, once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show and breaking down last night's great debate.
Speaker 3: Always a pleasure, Bill, Go Bangals. Hopefully we can keep it rolling on Sunday, hopefully, you know, kind of right, the ship, well.
Speaker 4: The Ravens look pretty good.
Speaker 1: They got a pretty good rushing attack, and the Bengals defense is like the magine O line in nineteen forty when the Nazis went around it.
Speaker 4: But nonetheless, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Man. All right, Curtis Halck, You're a great American, and thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Curtis. Carry on, folks, God bless America.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more your reaction five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand or pounds seven hundred all on News Radio seven hundred WLW